Order of the Sphere and Scythe/Tales of Divination/Tales of Divination - Ikarrak (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from the Order of the Sphere and Scythe lecture series entitled Tales of Divination. This lecture, held on September 7, 2019, was on Ikarrak and the speaker was Arena Champion Darcena Wolf-Valslayer.

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

Event

Attendees: Arena Champion Darcena, Dedagain, Desorceri, Etugen, Guarrin, House Cleric Mikalmas, Lord Mondex, Ordim, Ouni, Prolly, House Seer Rovvigen, Sammoon, Great Lord Shisshio, Skipjack, Maiden Tyrrah, Xanlin

Gathering

[Sphere and Scythe, Seer Hall]
Various statues stand in alcoves lining the smooth walls of this round room.  Eviscerating knives, decks of tarot cards, pouches of sand, and various bowls are carefully nested in the outstretched hands of stone seers representing all the races of Elanthia.  Each statue has been masterfully carved from a single piece of various types of marble and stone.  A large round table sits in the center of the room surrounded by plush high back chairs.
Obvious exits: north, east, south
You thumb the woven seagrass basket in your hand.

You say, "I brought my basket, of course. I have another one I was thinking about giving away."

You say, "But I seem to have misplaced it."

You say, "It wasn't as nice as my own, of course."

You muse, "I might have already given it away."

You say, "Of course, only another giant could use it. And I'm not quite ready to be a mentor yet."

You chuckle.

Mikalmas whispers, "We have several simple baskets in lockers if you'd like one to give away."

Mikalmas says, "Ello old man."

Desorceri grins.

Desorceri gives you a friendly hug, and you detect the faint scent of cardamom, vanilla, the metallic twang of blood, and the bite of red chilis around him.

Mikalmas grins at Desorceri.

Desorceri hugs Mikalmas.

>sniff Desorceri
Desorceri has a sanguine redolence haunting the air about him, a shroud of crimson that evolves with subtle movement.  Playing darkness against light, chords of cardamom intertwine with airy vanilla, forenotes that veil a heart steeped in blood to ground the scent with a metallic twang.  As the fragrance departs, a bite of red chilis nips at its heels, a sharp farewell to leave a lasting impression.

You nod approvingly.

Desorceri exclaims, "Old?!"

You say, "You smell fantastic."

Mikalmas removes the stopper from the vial attached to his linked bracelet and pours a small amount of liquid into his cupped palm.  Replacing the stopper, Mikalmas rubs his hands together briefly before briskly patting his neck.

Mikalmas hugs Desorceri.

Mikalmas exclaims, "I smell better!"

Mikalmas flashes a wide grin.

Mikalmas leans on Desorceri.

Desorceri waves a hand at Mikalmas, dismissing him indifferently.

>sniff mikalmas
Mikalmas has in the air about him a shroud, as light as feathered wings, held aloft by a breath of wisteria incense stirred by strands of niveous calla lily.  Chords of white sandalwood and rose attar thread languidly throughout, underscored by a touch of frankincense.

You say, "It smells nice."

Darcena smiles weakly at Mikalmas.

Desorceri laughs!

Mikalmas adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking to Mikalmas, Desorceri says, "She means you smell like a bridal shower."

Mikalmas gently wraps his hand around his silver sickle symbol and murmurs a softly spoken prayer.

You say, "Hmm."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter at Desorceri.

Mikalmas stares at Desorceri.

Desorceri cowers away from Mikalmas.

You pour a few drops of liquid from your glass vial onto yourself.

>sniff darcena
You have the distinctively earthy scent of cedar clinging to your skin.

Desorceri is smelling you.

You nod approvingly.

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas asks, "What is it with you Faendryls?"

Desorceri agrees with you.

Mikalmas is smelling you.

Mikalmas agrees with you.

You flash a quick grin at Mikalmas.

You beam happily at Xanlin!

You give Xanlin a friendly hug, stirring the scent of bittersweet chocolate and applewood shot through with anise from his skin.

Speaking to you, Mikalmas exclaims, "That's agreeable!"

Xanlin just closed a small shadowy black velvet pouch.

You cheerfully exclaim, "Xanlin!"

Xanlin gives you a friendly hug.

A pair of ethereal white wings cradling a crystal sphere suddenly descends from the heavens.  Tendrils of grey smoke drift slowly to the ground to form a recessed alcove.  In swirls of black script the following message appears, "Join The Sphere and Scythe as Darcena Wolf-Valslayer presents Tales of Divination: Ikarrak, a giantkin method of divination, in the Sphere and Scythe's Seer Hall."  As soon as you read the words the alcove and its adornments disappear in a fine mist.

Speaking to Xanlin, you say, "I feel as if I have not seen you in too long."

You cock your head.

Speaking warmly to you, Xanlin greets, "Darcena."

You glance down coyly, fingers absently attending to your rolton wool ribbons, as an enigmatic expression plays across your face.


You grin at Rovvigen.

You hug Guarrin.

Xanlin gazes in amusement at you.

Rovvigen lets out a cheer!

Speaking deeply to Rovvigen, Guarrin says, "Thanks."

Rovvigen softly says, "People."

Desorceri hugs Rovvigen.

Mikalmas hoots.

You exclaim, "Hello Guarrin!"

Rovvigen hugs Desorceri.

Speaking deeply in Giantman to you, Guarrin says, "Greetings, Cousin."

Speaking to Guarrin, you say, "You will learn even more tomorrow, perhaps, of my story."

Rovvigen softly says, "I brought more people who wanted to attend."

Rovvigen lets out a cheer!

You flash Guarrin a wolfish grin.

You kiss Guarrin on the cheek.

Rovvigen softly says, "We will start in about 4 minutes."

Rovvigen smiles.

Desorceri exclaims, "So nice of you all to entertain me tonight.  I really do appreciate it!"

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas asks, "Are you familiar with the Igaesha vials?"

Rovvigen softly says, "Give people a chance to wander in."

Prolly waves.

Dedagain takes a deep breath.

Speaking to Mikalmas, Desorceri asks, "What did you call me?"

Xanlin waves to Prolly.

Dedagain sighs.

Dedagain sits down.

Desorceri peers quizzically at Mikalmas.

Rovvigen waves to Prolly.

Xanlin eyes a large round table up and down with a thoughtful expression on his face.

Rovvigen waves.

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas asks, "I...a Faendryl, I think?"

You beam happily at Ouni!

Mikalmas grins at Desorceri.

Speaking to Mikalmas, Desorceri says, "I haven't practiced demonology in a while."

Sammoon just arrived.

You happily exclaim, "Ouni!"

Ouni bows.

Ouni winks at you.

Sammoon sits down.

Sammoon waves to you.

Ouni reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Ouni sits down.

You wave to Sammoon.

Sammoon waves to Rovvigen.

>sniff sammoon
>appraise sammoon
He smells just like Sammoon.
You take a quick appraisal of Sammoon and find that he has some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand.

Rovvigen waves to Sammoon.

You quietly whisper to Sammoon, "You are bleeding."

At the thought of food, your stomach growls.

Sammoon smiles.

Rovvigen points at a large round table.

You quietly whisper to Sammoon, "Just a little cut, but it is enough."

Rovvigen nods to you.

Rovvigen giggles.

Sammoon says, "Searched a glacei."

>l on table
On the round table:
Food/Drink [6]: a hazelnut-filled crispy pastry straw, a bacon-wrapped roasted fig, a golden brown garlic butter biscuit, a star-shaped chive cracker, a spherical cherry almond cake placed upon a small wooden stick, a crater-pocked round vanilla teacake
Total items: 6

You gaze thoughtfully at a large round table.

Speaking carefully to Sammoon, you ask, "Would you like me to fix it?"

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas says, "Well, that's probably best as female Faendryls are the typical practitioners, but everyone can use the vials with proper training.  Just...your lineage made me think of you, and your recent return from the uncivilized world lead me to believe you probably wasn't aware they had made it out of Ta'Faendryl and into the west."

You add, "Please?"

Sammoon says, "Please."

Sammoon bows to you.

You focus on Sammoon and narrow your concentration, reaching out to him with your mind.
Sammoon's left hand wound gradually fades, forming on your left hand instead.
[No experience gain for self-inflicted wounds.]
The cuts on your left hand close and the bruises fade.
The scar on your left hand glows faintly white before fading altogether.

You squint at Ordim.

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas says, "We will speak of them another time."

Mikalmas nods at Desorceri.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Speaking sternly to Ordim, you say, "No poisoning."

Dedagain surveys his surroundings carefully.

Mikalmas waves to Ordim.

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards you, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

Ordim tugs the straps on his leather mask and eases some of the pressure around his face.

Sammoon asks, "Any food?"

Sammoon says, "Ah."

You tap a large round table.

Rovvigen points at a large round table.

Sammoon helps himself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Rovvigen nods.

Ouni glances at a large round table.

Sammoon lets out a cheer!

Ouni helps herself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.

Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.

You say, "Let's see..."

You fidget.

Sammoon sniffs at his roasted fig.

Speaking quietly to Rovvigen, you whisper aloud, "No meat?"

Sammoon takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Guarrin helps himself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Ouni shows you a bacon-wrapped roasted fig, which she is holding in her right hand.  You see nothing unusual.

Sammoon grins.

Rovvigen giggles at you.

Guarrin takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Speaking to Ouni, you say, "You are trying to trick me."

Ouni shakes her head.

Prolly shifts her weight.

(Darcena places her hands on her hips and squints at Ouni.)

Mikalmas grins at you.

(Ouni pulls at the bacon wrapped around the fig.)

Prolly seats herself upon an empty chair, settling into the soft velvet padding.

Ouni glances at you.

Guarrin takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Speaking to you, Mikalmas says, "This room was mostly my choice.  The meat is in the Pub."

You exclaim, "Yes, yes, but the insides are not bacon!"

Mikalmas grins at you.

Speaking to Mikalmas, you say, "Aaaah."

You grin at Mikalmas.

Ouni shrugs.

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.

Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.

Sammoon takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Mikalmas exclaims, "And there IS bacon!"

Sammoon says, "Bacon accents."

You weakly say, "I don't suppose I should snack before I talk anyway."

Sammoon grins.

You sigh loudly.

You grumble.

Mikalmas ponders.

House Cleric Mikalmas just went east.

Ouni helps herself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Rovvigen softly asks, "How is everyone tonight?"

Sammoon says, "20 minute wait er ya git cramps."

Sammoon nods to you.

You chortle at Sammoon.

Speaking wryly to Sammoon, you say, "I can just heal those, you know."

House Cleric Mikalmas just arrived.

You wink at Sammoon.

Sammoon grins.

Mikalmas offers you a spicy velnalin sausage stick.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Mikalmas's offer and are now holding a spicy velnalin sausage stick.

You beam happily at Mikalmas!

Mikalmas offers you a green pickled egg.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You sniff your velnalin stick.
It smells like nice, fresh velnalin stick!

You exclaim, "Velnalin!"

Mikalmas exclaims, "Meat and protein!"

Mikalmas grins at you.

You tuck the woven seagrass basket into a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

You accept Mikalmas's offer and are now holding a green pickled egg.

Rovvigen laughs at Mikalmas!

You sniff your pickled egg.
It smells like nice, fresh pickled egg!

You squint at a green pickled egg.

(Darcena gamely takes a bite of the green pickled egg.)

You take a bite of your pickled egg.
You have one bite left.

You say, "That's...."

Mikalmas says, "Never mind the color.  Barble obviously left them in the jar too long."

Ouni squints at you.

You drawl, "Interesting."

Mikalmas flashes a wide grin.

You take a bite of your pickled egg.  Salt-laden and soaked in vinegar, the mild taste of the egg is completely overwhelmed by the stronger flavors.
That was the last of it!

Ordim plops down to the ground in a sitting position.

You cough.

You insincerely say, "Thank you."

Ouni snickers.

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.
Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.

Mikalmas chuckles to himself.

You sniff your velnalin stick.
It smells like nice, fresh velnalin stick!

Desorceri stares intently at a large round table and creases his brow in deep thought.

You take a bite of your velnalin stick.  Large chunks of black pepper give the tender meat a distinctly spicy kick.
You have 3 bites left.

You say, "Ooh! This is very good."

Desorceri helps himself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

You lick your velnalin stick.  Large chunks of black pepper give the tender meat a distinctly spicy kick.

Desorceri takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Mikalmas appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Desorceri sniffs at his roasted fig.

Ordim surveys the area.

Mikalmas whispers something to Rovvigen.

Sammoon waves to Ordim.

Ordim waves to Sammoon.

Ouni leans back.

Rovvigen giggles at Mikalmas.

You grab  a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket from a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

Lecture

Rovvigen recites softly:
    "Evening everyone and welcome. Thanks for coming tonight to support Order of the Sphre and Scythe. I hope everyone had safe travels on the way here."

You nod once.

Mikalmas says, "Feel free to pull up a chair, or find a spot on the floor."
Mikalmas nods and grins.

Rovvigen recites softly:
    "Tonight we will continue our Tales of Divination series presenting the Ikarrak method of divination. Darcena Wolf-Valslayer will present and demonstrate this method which is particularly favored by the Araime Sun Clan."

You smile at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen softly says, "This is the sixth lecture we have done in this series."

Xanlin settles his gaze on you, watching you intently.

Rovvigen smiles.

Xanlin folds his hands in his lap.

Rovvigen softly says, "I am sure she will explain in more detail in a minute."

Rovvigen grins.

You smile at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen recites softly:
    "Before I turn the floor over to Darcena I want to point out there are refreshments on the table. Also if anyone is interested in learning more about The Order of the Sphere and Scythe, please stick around after the event."

Ouni folds her hands in her lap.

Rovvigen points at a large round table.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a large round table.

You glance at a large round table.

You scowl at Ordim.

Rovvigen softly says, "So please sit back and relax."

Sammoon says, "I came to watch the sacrifice."

You grin slowly at Sammoon.

Speaking softly to you, Rovvigen says, "They are all yours."

Rovvigen smiles at you.

You say, "Listen carefully, because I'm more conversational than formal. No recitations here. Also, I tend to pace as I talk, so watch your feet. Hold all questions until the end, please, or I might be tempted to take a bite."

You flash a wolfish grin.

You ask, "Are you ready to listen?"

You squint.

Sammoon leans back.

Rovvigen bows to you.

Sammoon nods.

(Xanlin tucks his feet under his high back chair.)

Rovvigen softly says, "I know I am."

Rovvigen lets out a cheer!

You exclaim, "Excellent!"

You flash a quick grin.

You candidly begin, "Before I tell you about the Ikarrak, I'd like to take a moment to talk about the importance of divination in our world."

You commandingly pronounce, "If the elves had taken Noi'sho'rah seriously and listened to his prophecies, then we perhaps would not have been as devastated by Despana and the Undead War."

Rovvigen turns an inquisitive ear toward you.

You frown.

You seriously state, "My clan, the Grot'karesh Hammer Clan, remembers what happened when prophecy was ignored. We know the importance of divination."

You heavily pound both your fists against your chest and bow your head slightly.

Ordim fidgets.

You offhandedly mention, "In more recent years, it was a giant- Oracle Urutei Meigeath - who prophesied the coming of the comet in 5102 that heralded the beginning of the War of Nations."

Skipjack nods to you in greeting.

Guarrin nods slowly.

You brusquely scoff, "Giants are sometimes mocked by others for not being as learned as an elf who lives centuries, and yet the libraries in Kilanirij are renowned."

Skipjack kneels down.

Skipjack smiles.

Etugen nods.

You proudly inform, "My own clan, the Grot'karesh Hammer Clan, created Saramar runes as a way to document our past and divine the return of Despana. We Grot'karesh take our past seriously. The Araime Sun Clan, the primary users of the Ikarrak, take our future seriously, too."

You hesitantly admit, "I myself receive visions of past and future. Some have called me touched, told me I'm insane, or told me that these visions are not real."

You quietly contend, "I argue that they do not see what I see, feel what I feel, hear what I hear, smell what I smell, taste what I taste. My visions are real."

A large-eyed barred owl flexes its talons on your shoulder, ruffling its feathers as it swivels its head about intently.

You scratch your barred owl gently on the back of its head with your finger.  The tiny bird lifts its head and hoots, pressing against the tip of your finger.

You abruptly disclose, "It was after I left Wehnimer's Landing in the middle of 5104 that I began to seek out more information on my clan. At the time, I wasn't sure if I'd been raised within the Grot'karesh as I had no memories of the first decade or so of my life - the time before my adopted family found me in a wolf's den. I believed I was at least of the Grot'karesh clan based on what was found with me in the den. My suspicion was later confirmed on the Isle of the Four Winds by a powerful meek. I was born to Grot'karesh parents, but raised primarily in the wilds. After some traumatic events, I was wandering alone in the forest in the DragonSpine until Imaera or one of her devoted intervened and I went to live with the wolves."

Rovvigen nods in agreement to you.

You reasonably continue, "This becomes important in a bit because while most giantkin are nomadic in nature, the Grot'karesh have the fortress-city of Kilanirij, as I mentioned. After I left the Landing in '04, I traveled to this city to learn more of my past. I was awed when I first saw its glowing blue walls - covered in Saramar runes that I could not yet read."

You cagily state, "Eventually I got all the information from Kilanirij that I could reasonably get at that time."

Rovvigen smiles at you.

You nonchalantly continue, "Leaving the city, I became an Ishan and began to wander the land looking for signs of Despana on behalf of my clan. Because of years I had previously spent in River's Rest in the early 5100s, I was familiar with the area. I found my way there first. I began traveling with a band of wandering Araime, which is where I met my mentor."

You patiently lecture, "When a giant wants to learn how to divine with the Ikarrak - called Vision Rock in common, they must be paired with a mentor first. The giant who is learning then becomes an apprentice. Apprentices begin to learn about the runestones through observation, study, and the completion of tasks."

You mouth, "So many tasks."

You gaze heavenward.

Guarrin appears to be trying hard not to grin.

You wryly say, "This is very similar to my experience as a squire in the Order of the Silver Gryphon."

You give a sidelong glance at Guarrin.

Guarrin clears his throat.

You add, "Or even like that in the Order of the Sphere and Scythe."

You continue, "Apprentices are called such for many, many years. I am still an apprentice, myself, and will remain such until my mentor passes through the gates or can no longer read the runes."

Skipjack nods understandingly.

Rovvigen smiles at you.

You say, "I hope that is a long time yet."

Ouni nods slightly.

You add, "I still visit my mentor frequently; I usually meet her down somewhere near River's Rest, although she travels as far south as Idolone and as far east as Maelshyve."

Etugen nods.

You mention, "Between my initial time in Kilanirij and then my years with my mentor, I learned to write in Saramar, give blessings to others, and how to divine with the Ikarrak."

You quickly state, "As an aside, Saramar is the revered language of the Grot'karesh. We use Saramar runes for many things. One example is the aemikvai, where our seer stone is carved with a Saramar rune that means something to us in order to help enhance our energy and prowess."

You note, "Not all the clans use Saramar as much as the Grot'karesh do, although the Araime use it for their Ikarrak. The females of the Wsalamir Arctic Clan do use a Saramar rune on a jade bead to represent their child - or several beads for children."

You continue, "To get back to learning the Ikarrak - our relationship as mentor and apprentice not only involves learning the translations of the runes, but also on how to create a personal Ikarrak set, how to translate the meaning of the runes, and how to apply the translations correctly to determine overall meaning."

You lecture, "Most giants will create their Ikarrak set from a basket woven of natural grasses such as fronds, river reeds, or sea grasses. We color our baskets to reflect our personal preferences."

You glance at the woven seagrass basket in your hand.

You continue, "It can take many, many years to find the perfect set of smooth stones - even a lifetime. The stones are as identical as we can get them. Once we have forty-two stones of the proper size and shape, we begin to paint them with Saramar runes that fall into four families - that of Earth, Air, Fire, or Water."

You grab a smooth stone from a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

Rovvigen carefully inspects his woven willow basket.

You glance at the smooth stone in your hand.

You tuck the smooth stone into a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

A sudden jolt of pain pierces you as a tiny blood marble scarab seems to try to burrow a little deeper under your skin.  The sting of it eventually passes.

You furrow up your face and wince.

You mutter, "That dratted scarab."

You scratch your arm.  That feels better.

Rovvigen giggles.

Guarrin frowns.

You muse, "Most giants agree on the translation for each rune, although there is some differentiation between practitioners from different clans."

Prolly glances at you.

You thoughtfully add, "Most are based on the original translations set by the Araime Sun Clan. Meanings can change, as well, when the rune is inverted. Therefore, there are eighty-four possible translations from a typical Ikarrak set."

Sammoon turns an inquisitive ear toward you.

Ordim fidgets.

You patiently lecture, "For example, a spear shaft could be translated as strength, but if it is inverted, it could translate to a wound. This rune here," Darcena rummages through her basket and pulls out a rune, holding it out in front of her showing the dot within a circle, "could mean a sense of permanency or a home or something to inherit while if it is inverted, it refers to a legacy. The inverted runes are not always opposites as some people seem to think, but they are generally related in some way in meaning."

Speaking wryly to Ordim, you say, "Almost done."

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards you, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

You say, "Depending on the type of bond the giant has with their basket and the type of elemental magic imbued into that bond, the giant may draw a grouping of three, six, or nine runestones. When we draw a grouping, we translate the meaning of the entire group as one."

You admit, "I am most in tune with earth and I have been taught to pull in groupings of nine runestones."

Mikalmas gazes through the crystalline lens of his monocle, his eyes roving over every inch of Ordim.

Questions

You pronounce, "That concludes the basic information I'm willing to share about the Ikarrak, although I may choose to answer questions. Does anyone have any?"

Skipjack ponders.

Ouni rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

You stare at Ordim.

Mikalmas asks, "What determines elemental attunement?"

Sammoon asks, "Nine of 42 runes?"

Mikalmas asks, "Is it just a...feeling?"

Speaking to Mikalmas, you say, "That's a very good question."

Prolly shifts her weight.

You say, "I myself have always been drawn to the earth. Whether it's from Imaera's touch or something else... I don't know."

You say, "I grew up in the Dragon Spine in the forests."

You say, "When I made my Ikarrak, I was drawn to imbue it with the strength of the earth."

Speaking to Sammoon, you say, "Yes."

Sammoon asks, "How long to learn each rune?"

Speaking to his multicolored soulstone, Mikalmas says, "Its not something you are born into based on lineage, heritage or any other factor."

Mikalmas stares at his multicolored soulstone.

Speaking to his multicolored soulstone, Mikalmas says, "I wasn't talking to you."

Speaking to Sammoon, you admit, "It took me a very long time."

Sammoon says, "If ya only do nine, and there are 42."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Mikalmas.

You say, "Since I was not raised with Saramar and learned it more as a young adult, it took me a long time to learn all of the runes associated with my Ikarrak."

You say, "That said, they are standard runes."

You say, "So for someone who was raised with the written language, they would have already been familiar with the general concept."

Sammoon nods to you.

You say, "And it is just the translations they would have to learn."

Skipjack nods slowly.

You say, "You do write your own runes."

You say, "You find the smooth stones yourself - as near identical as you can get them - and then write the runes on your set."

A large-eyed barred owl shifts and sidles closer to your ear, fluffing the feathers up just under its beak with drowsy contentment.

You glance at the woven seagrass basket in your hand.

You mutter, "I hope mine don't smudge."

You give your basket a little prod with the tip of your finger.

Ouni glances at you.

You ask, "More questions? About me, the Ikarrak, giantkin, Grot'karesh, Saramar?"

Sammoon says, "That would be frustrating if they got wet and smudged."

You grin at Sammoon.

Skipjack chuckles to himself.

Speaking playfully to you, Xanlin inquires, "What else makes you prone to biting?"

You say, "They're sturdier than that, at least."

Sammoon says, "Careful with swimmin."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter at Xanlin.

Rovvigen offers you a bone-toggled woven willow basket.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Speaking to you, Desorceri asks, "How many years does it take to master your craft?"

Speaking to Xanlin, you tease, "You."

You tuck the woven seagrass basket into a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

You accept Rovvigen's offer and are now holding a bone-toggled woven willow basket.

Xanlin makes a low, rumbling sound deep in his throat.

Speaking to Desorceri, you say, "So as I mentioned before, you start as an apprentice and you have a mentor."

Xanlin steeples his fingers in his lap, quietly observing his surroundings.

You say, "Your mentor determines when you are ready."

You say, "But here's the thing about us giants."

Desorceri nods.

You laugh, "We can be very stubborn."

Etugen nods emphatically!

You say, "Most apprentices will not take on the title of mentor until theirs is no longer able to read the runes, translate the meaning, or have passed beyond the gates."

Ordim nervously giggles.

You say, "You spend so much time with them, that you begin to really revere their wisdom and expertise."

You say, "So traditionally, I will not master my craft, despite what my mentor says, until long into the future."

You muse, "And do you ever master this?"

You shrug at Desorceri.

Desorceri grins at you.

Speaking to Desorceri, you ask, "Does that answer your question?"

Ouni helps herself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Desorceri nods to you.

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.
Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.

Desorceri says, "Lifelong practice, yes."

Sammoon says, "It's been my experience that mastery doesn't happen, you just keep practicing at it."

You say, "After questions have concluded, I have a small surprise and then I am available to do some readings for you all."

You say, "So don't be afraid to ask questions now."

You nod at Sammoon.

Skipjack ponders.

Speaking to you, Desorceri asks, "Do any of the methods ever mix?"

Rovvigen smiles.

You ask, "Hmm. The divination methods?"

You peer quizzically at Desorceri.

Desorceri says, "Sorry, I've missed the previous showings."

A strange look passes over Ordim's face as he lifts his a knitted dark grey satchel to his ear. his concentrates for a moment before returning the satchel back down where it belongs, apparently satisfied with what he heard.

Desorceri nods to you.

You say, "Ahh, yes."

You nod at Desorceri.

Ordim shushes a knitted dark grey satchel!

You say, "Mikalmas and Rovvigen could answer that question better."

You say, "I have primarily stuck to just the Ikarrak."

Rovvigen softly says, smiling, "I think they all mix in one way or another by presenting visions in their own special way."

You say, "Although I have used the Ikarrak to better parse out my own visions."

Mikalmas says, "Each person practices the method of divination that they are drawn to.  Yes, its possible for one Seer to use several methods."

You nod at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen agrees with Mikalmas.

Mikalmas says, "They are all unique in their own way, both in practice and in interpretation."

You say, "And I know there have been events with multiple different types of diviners present."

You say, "Where a person could conceivably get different meanings and information given to them that perhaps they would turn into a whole."

Desorceri says, "Just wondering as how the elements themselves can enhance or diminish each other."

Mikalmas says, "But some people have a gift more finely tuned and may choose their divination method based on the question asked, their intuition, or a combination of both."

You say, "In my experience, I get a slice of possibility. But someone else may see something different that corresponds."

You nod slowly at Desorceri.

You say, "That's a good question, too."

You say, "I am strongest with earth and feel much more certain of the translations I give from earth-based runes."

Desorceri exclaims, "Fascinating!"

Rovvigen softly says, "And as far as mastering a chosen method Seers are constantly learning from a chosen method everytime they give a reading so they become well versed in it but mastering im not sure is the right word."

Rovvigen smiles.

You nod at Rovvigen.

Speaking to Rovvigen, you say, "I agree."

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.
Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.


Rovvigen smiles at you.

You ask, "Any other questions?"

Xanlin gnaws lightly on his lower lip, as if lost in thought.  The razor-sharp tip of one of his fangs breaks the skin and causes a tiny bead of blood to appear.  Almost absent-mindedly, he catches it with the tip of his tongue.

You give a sidelong glance at Xanlin.

Speaking to you, Desorceri asks, "Do earthnodes assist you?"

You bite your lip hard; so hard, in fact, that you feel several drops of blood trickle down your chin.

Ouni stands up, stretches, and glances at you.

You smile at Ouni.

Ouni furrows her brow.

Sammoon picks a sandalwood toothpick from between his teeth and removes it.

Speaking to Desorceri, you say, "Not that I've noticed."

(Ouni motions Darcena closer.)

You stride over to stand before Ouni.

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

Rovvigen agrees with you.

Skipjack nods understandingly.

Ouni reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Ouni bows.

Sammoon slowly twirls his sandalwood toothpick between two 
fingers.

You ponder the meaning of Ouni's existence.

Speaking to Ouni, you ask, "Do you need to leave?"

Sammoon idly picks his teeth with his sandalwood toothpick.

You peer quizzically at Ouni.

Ouni nods.

You give Ouni a friendly hug.

Basket Giveaway

You say, "I do have a surprise."

Sammoon sticks a sandalwood toothpick between his teeth and chomps down.

Ouni gives you a friendly hug.

Ouni raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Thanks to the Order of the Sphere and Scythe, I have a basket to give out."

Rovvigen lets out a cheer!

Rovvigen smiles.

Skipjack smiles.

Prolly blinks.

You say, "It can only really be used by a giantman, and this basket is best used with three runestones in a grouping."

Prolly squirms.

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Speaking to his obsidian pipe, Sammoon says, "Talk about timin."

Desorceri helps himself to a bacon-wrapped roasted fig.

Desorceri takes a bite of his roasted fig.

Ouni glances at a bacon-wrapped roasted fig in her hand.

Ouni lifts the sheer gauze veil on her satin turban.
Ouni takes a bite of her roasted fig.

You gaze thoughtfully at your emerald green spider.

Desorceri takes a bite of his roasted fig.

You press down on the spider's abdomen, causing its spinnerets to shoot a strand of spidersilk at Mondex!

With a joyful expression, Desorceri kisses his joined fingertips, then exuberantly splays them out before him in a show of appreciation.

You squint at Mondex.

Mikalmas removes an ancient white pastoral staff from in his white elven greatcloak.

Mikalmas braces himself with his white pastoral staff and tries to push himself to his feet.

Mikalmas stands up.

Sammoon breathes in deeply as he clenches a pipe in his mouth, then exhales slowly, causing some red amorphous clouds of puffy smoke to float up from his mouth.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Mikalmas leans against his white pastoral staff, gazing thoughtfully at his surroundings.

Dedagain stands up.

You press down on the spider's abdomen, causing its spinnerets to shoot a strand of spidersilk at Sammoon!

You beam happily at Sammoon!

Ouni shifts her weight.

Rovvigen turns to Sammoon and cheers!

Sammoon raises an eyebrow.

You offer your woven willow basket to Sammoon, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer.  Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Mikalmas applauds Sammoon.

Sammoon has accepted your offer and is now holding a bone-toggled woven willow basket.

Rovvigen softly says, "Nice prize for sure."

Sammoon bows.

Ouni applauds.

Sammoon asks, "Not Mondex?"

Guarrin applauds politely.

Rovvigen applauds Sammoon.

Etugen applauds Sammoon.

Skipjack nods approvingly.

Skipjack stands up.

Sammoon bows.

You say, "He did not want it."

You smile.

You exclaim, "Now!"

Sammoon says, "Thank you much."

Ouni raises an eyebrow.

Sammoon says, "I really appreciate it."

Mondex says, "No need for it but thanks."

Mondex smiles.

Mikalmas says, "Mondex is a grumpy dwarf."

Mikalmas chuckles to himself.

Mondex says, "Came for lecture."

Readings

You say, "I can provide readings for anyone who would like one."

You grab  a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket from a small pocket inside of your black leather coat.

Sammoon nods.

Sammoon says, "I would like a readin."

Desorceri raises his hand.

You beam happily at Sammoon!

Mondex says, "Appreciate it though."

Ouni nods to you.

Mondex bows to you.

You say, "I can do as many as people have patience for."

You smile.

Ouni raises her hand.

You nod at Mondex.

Sammoon says, "And a suggestion of what rune to carry for a monk."

Xanlin looks at you and hums.

Sammoon rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Starting with Sammoon then Desorceri then Ouni."

Ouni nods.

Ouni sits down.

Sammoon says, "Oh."

Skipjack says, "I have to be off, but thankya for the lecture its always interestin to learn of different cultures."

Sammoon says, "Der some stones in der."

You say, "You may ask me a question you would like an answer on, or describe a situation. You can tell me by whispering me or out loud. Your choice."

Speaking to Ouni, Desorceri says, "You can go before me if you're in a hurry."

You smile at Skipjack.

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards you, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Sammoon nods.

Speaking to Skipjack, you say, "Thank you for coming."

Skipjack says, "Especially our giantkin friends."

Sammoon says, "I'm in no hurry."

Skipjack bows.

Skipjack says, "It was my pleasure."

Sammoon carefully inspects his woven willow basket.

Skipjack waves.

Ouni looks over at Desorceri and shakes her head.

Sammoon attaches a bone-toggled woven willow basket to his rat fur belt.

Skipjack strides away moving east.

You smile at Sammoon.

Ouni carefully removes her crow feather quill from behind her ear.

Ouni removes a piece of white paper from in her silk hooded cloak.

Ordim fidgets.

Guarrin stands up.

Speaking patiently to Sammoon, you ask, "Do you know what you would like to learn about?"

You hug Guarrin.

You wave to Guarrin.

Speaking deeply in Giantman to you, Guarrin says, "Well done."

Guarrin gives you a friendly hug.

Etugen helps herself to a spherical cherry almond cake placed upon a small wooden stick.

Speaking in Giantman, you say, "Thank you cousin."

Guarrin nods.

Guarrin just went east.

Etugen takes a bite of her cherry almond cake.

Sammoon says, "I didn't know I needed a question, i was just curious about my fate."

Sammoon says, "Or fates."

You say, "Ah, it works better if I have something specific to ponder on."

Sammoon says, "Er destiny I suppose."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Sammoon.

Sammoon rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "It is hard to translate meaning to the question of "what is life?"."

You flash a quick grin at Sammoon.

Sammoon nods.

Ouni focuses all of her attention on her paper, writing carefully with her quill.  Satisfied, she considers what she's written.

Sammoon says, "Das true."

Ouni looks thoughtfully at you.

Ouni strikes something from her white paper with her crow feather quill.

Ouni put a piece of white paper in her silk hooded cloak.

Ouni carefully tucks her crow feather quill behind one ear.

You ponder the meaning of Ouni's existence.

Ouni looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Ouni rubs her crystal amulet.

Ouni gets an odd look on her face.

Ouni glances at you.

You ask, "Should I move on so you have a chance to think?"

You peer quizzically at Sammoon.

Sammoon nods.

Sammoon says, "Please."

You ask, "Desorceri?"

Desorceri hums a seemingly random tune.

Ordim glances between Desorceri and yourself.

Speaking to you, Desorceri asks, "Roblar offered to take me hunting in Reim.  Is it a date or does he plan to kill me?"

You unsuccessfully try to stifle your grin.

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter.

Ouni clasps her hand over her mouth.

Ordim tugs the straps on his leather mask and eases some of the pressure around his face.

Desorceri cackles!

Sammoon says, "Death."

You tease, "I don't even need the runes to answer that one."

Sammoon says, "Fer certain."

Desorceri whines.

You say, "However, I am happy to consult about your future trip to Reim."

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display an inverted seedling rune, an inverted war hammer rune, an inverted pot lid rune, an offering rune, a horse rune, an inverted torch rune, a spear head rune, an inverted black willow tree rune, and a journey rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Prolly gazes with interest at you.

Ouni leans forward.

You muse, "Interesting."

Desorceri nods to you.

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

Etugen says, "Lots of inversions."

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 an inverted seedling rune means balance.
 an inverted war hammer rune means balance of mind and body.
 an inverted pot lid rune means responsibility.
 an offering rune is a Feminine symbol, it means gifts and/or relationships.
 a horse rune is an earth symbol, it means transportation and/or motion.
 an inverted torch rune means enlightenment.
 a spear head rune is an earth symbol, it means duty discipline, and responsibility.
 an inverted black willow tree rune means death.
 a journey rune is a water symbol and means a journey and/or pilgrimage.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

You say, "A moment while I ponder."

You say, "I have..."

You amusedly say, "News."

Ordim issues a muffled sneeze from within the confines of his leather mask.  The herbaceous scent of sage, thistle, and acantha briefly permeate the air as a whirring sound issues from his location.

Desorceri turns an inquisitive ear toward you.

Sammoon assumes a meditative posture, sitting with legs folded and hands resting upon his knees.  He closes his eyes, pauses and breathes deeply, clearly concentrating on something.

You say, "This grouping of runes indicates that this trip to Reim requires a balance of mind and body if you wish to be successful. You may become enlightened to the relationship between yourself and Roblar. there may be a death involved during the process of transporting yourself to Reim, and you should know that you may be responsible. You will have a duty to return balance."

Ouni furrows her brow.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Desorceri.

You amusedly say, "Perhaps Roblar should be more concerned about you."

Speaking to Desorceri, Ordim offers, "Perhaps you'll fall off the chains?"

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards Desorceri, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Desorceri gasps.

Mikalmas's concentration shifts and becomes more focused as he slightly tilts an ear in a particular direction.

You seriously say, "You do have a responsibility, though, Desorceri."

Desorceri says, "I'll let him you know you said he's not a good tour guide."

Desorceri smirks.

You say, "The runes very strongly indicated that balance was necessary and that duty and responsibility would play a role."

Desorceri nods to you.

You add, "In the success."

Mikalmas rubs one hand lovingly over his staff.

Desorceri says, "I'll think about that for sure."

Speaking to Desorceri, you say, "I would like to see you return from the perilous trip."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You turn to face Ouni.

You ask, "Ouni?"

Ouni nods.

Ouni (Focused) [Local]: "[Editor's note: contents of this private request have been removed.]"

Ouni glances at her crystal amulet.

You nod slowly.

Ouni nods.

You ask, "Would you like your response outloud or would you like me to whisper it to you?"

Ouni shrugs.

(Ouni holds up one finger.)

You explain, "Ouni has taken a vow of silence, so she has communicated her question to me already via thought."

You ask, "Out loud?"

You peer quizzically at Ouni.

Ouni nods.

You say, "Certainly."

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display a glory rune, a joy rune, an inverted shield rune, an inverted acorn cap rune, a boulder rune, a pair of crossed war hammers rune, a wavy sunray rune, an offering rune, and an inverted pair of boulders rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Shisshio says, "Thanks for the lecture very informative."

Shisshio bows to you.

Great Lord Shisshio just went east.

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 a glory rune is an Air symbol, it means discipline and/or knowledge.
 a joy rune is an air symbol, it means Bliss and/or contentment.
 an inverted shield rune means a mentor.
 an inverted acorn cap rune means plenty.
 a boulder rune is Masculine, meaning hardship and painful events.
 a pair of crossed war hammers is an Air symbol, it means justice and clairvoyance.
 a wavy sunray rune is a fire symbol, it means health and fertility.
 an offering rune is a Feminine symbol, it means gifts and/or relationships.
 an inverted pair of boulders means focus.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

You gaze thoughtfully at your woven seagrass basket.

Ouni leans forward.

Ordim says, "Long lectures leave listeners lingering lazily, loosing livid leanings."

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Cupping his hand over his mask-covered face, Ordim slowly runs his hand down the length, causing a steam-filled sigh to hiss out of its beak.

Ouni furrows her brow.

Tyrrah smiles at Ordim.

Sammoon smiles at Ordim.

Sammoon says, "Some sort of tic."

Sammoon smiles.

You say, "Ouni, the runes have shown me a truth. The boulder rune indicates you have had hardship in the past and are working past a painful event. The offering rune indicates it may have been in a relationship. The glory rune and the inverted boulders together show that you require focus and discipline in order to reach contement (the joy rune). The inverted shield and the inverted acorn cap means you have come across many mentors. And the crossed war hammers show that you will reach justice."

Ouni glances at you.

Ouni nods slightly.

(Ouni rubs at her eyes with the fabric of her sleeve.)

You say, "Together..."

You say, "Especially with the wavy sunray rune for heatlh, I take it to mean..."

You say, "They could be telling the truth."

Ouni blinks.

You give a sidelong glance at Ouni.

Ouni stares at you.

Ouni takes a deep breath.

Ouni nods once.

You ask, "Does that surprise you?"

You peer quizzically at Ouni.

Ordim takes a deep breath.

Ouni nods slowly to you.

You say, "Hmm."

Ouni (Focused) [Local]: "[Editors Note: this information has been removed.]"

You turn to face Ordim.

You ask, "Did you have a question?"

You peer quizzically at Ordim.

Ordim nods slowly to you.

You ask, "Or did you just come here to mock me and complain?"

Sammoon smiles.

You drawl, "Or all of the above?"

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards you, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Ouni stands up.

Ouni places a hand over her heart.

Ouni bows.

Speaking to you, Ordim inquires, "Will my plans come to fruition in the near future?"

Ouni winks at you.

You give Ouni a friendly hug.

Ordim examines you closely, sizing you up and taking note of all the details.

Ouni gives you a friendly hug.

You frown at Ordim.

Ouni just went east.

Mikalmas looks thoughtfully at Ordim.

A strange look passes over Ordim's face as he lifts his a knitted dark grey satchel to his ear. his concentrates for a moment before returning the satchel back down where it belongs, apparently satisfied with what he heard.

Mikalmas glances at you.

You ask, "Could you tell me some more specific information about your plans in my ear?"

Mikalmas says, "This should be...interesting."

Sammoon grins.

Ordim ponders.

You say, "It helps if the question is focused."

You flash a wolfish grin.

Speaking to you, Ordim confirms, "No."

Ordim shakes his head.

You say, "Then you cannot hold me responsible if I cannot divine meaning accurately."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Ordim ponders.

Ordim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Ordim nods understandingly to you.

Sammoon says, "Ders meat muffins involved."

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards Sammoon, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

Ordim removes a warm raspberry muffin from in his muffin tin.

Ordim offers Sammoon a warm raspberry muffin.

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Sammoon accepts Ordim's raspberry muffin.

Sammoon lets out a cheer!

Sammoon sniffs at his raspberry muffin.

Ordim nods approvingly at Sammoon.

You ponder.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

You say, "A moment then."

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display an inverted offering rune, an inverted blizzard rune, a setting sun rune, an inverted seedling rune, a horse rune, an inverted ox horn rune, a waterskin rune, a black willow tree rune, and a pair of boulders rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Ordim turns to face you.

Sammoon takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

Ordim nods slowly.

Sammoon put a warm raspberry muffin in his rat fur longcoat.

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 an inverted offering rune means generosity.
 an inverted blizzard rune means drastic change.
 a setting sun rune is a fire symbol, it means Success and/or positive energy.
 an inverted seedling rune means balance.
 a horse rune is an earth symbol, it means transportation and/or motion.
 an inverted ox horn rune is a rite of passage
 a waterskin rune is a water symbol, it means emotion and the unconcious mind.
 a black willow tree rune is a fire symbol, it means turning point and/or transformation.
 a pair of boulders is an Earth symbol, it means discipline and knowledge.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

You say, "Hmm."

You worriedly say, "I don't like what I'm seeing."

You say, "A moment."

Xanlin leans back.

Mikalmas leans against his white pastoral staff, gazing thoughtfully at his surroundings.

Xanlin folds his arms behind his head.

Mikalmas says, "Mmhmm."

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

Speaking to Ordim, Sammoon says, "Yer dyin horribly."

Sammoon nods.

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards Sammoon, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

You slowly say, "The runes are...."

You say, "Well."

Desorceri asks, "Will he ever escape his water bubble?"

Desorceri snickers.

Speaking to Sammoon, Ordim says, "Set backs are to be expected."

Sammoon grins.

Sammoon nods at Ordim.

Speaking teasingly to Ordim, Xanlin suggests, "Perhaps Andelas will visit to inquire about kittens and pies."

Ordim sighs.

Ordim hangs his head.

Sammoon inhales deeply upon his pipe, puckering his lips and sending out three rings of smoke before him briefly.

Mikalmas tilts his head toward you, examining you intently as the tip of one ear twitches briefly.

You say, "The inverted offering means generosity and combined with the setting sun rune, it shows me that you will be quite successful. The inverted blizzard rune and inverted seedling means there will be a drastic change in the balance. The horse rune means that it will happen far from where we currently are and the black willow tree means there will be a turning point. The boulders combined with the inverted ox horn and waterskin rune tell me that there is going to be a rite of passage that increases knowledge in the unconscious mind."


You say, "Your success may not be what you think of as success, but..."

You worriedly say, "Change is coming."

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Ordim nods slowly.

Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "Good."

Ordim stands up.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Ordim surveys the area.

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

Speaking to Ordim, Sammoon says, "Yay, no dead."

Dedagain ponders.

Etugen takes a bite of her cherry almond cake.

Etugen takes a bite of her cherry almond cake.

Ordim tilts his mask-covered head towards Sammoon, and you see something briefly flutter in the bluish-green-colored goggle lense.

Speaking to Ordim, you growl, "I want more details, Ordim."

Speaking to Sammoon, Ordim suggests, "At least no Ordims."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Speaking to Sammoon, Desorceri says, "Death is change too."

Sammoon grins at Ordim.

Sammoon rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Sammoon nods at Desorceri.

Sammoon says, "Tis true."

You muse, "Perhaps it is time I go back to the Isle of the Four Winds."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Mikalmas leans over and whispers, "Knowing Ordim...that sounds like...bad news."

You nod slowly at Mikalmas.

Speaking to you, Ordim offers, "All in good time."

Ordim nods slowly.

You quietly whisper to Mikalmas, "I am not pleased."

Dedagain nods.

You frown at Ordim.

Ordim issues a soft, muffled cough from within the confines of his leather mask.

Ordim tugs the straps on his leather mask and eases some of the pressure around his face.

Ordim nods once.

You ask, "Does anyone have a question I can answer that doesn't make me want to vomit?"

Mikalmas whispers, "You see what you see.  We don't always have a choice."

Sammoon nods to you.

Mikalmas nods to you.

Touching his fingertips to first the forehead of his leather mask, then the beak, Ordim offers a mocking bow by way of dipping his head and rolling his arm in an exaggerated gesture away from his body.  This causes the liripipe at the end of his slate grey cowl to flutter briefly.

Etugen raises her hand.

You turn to face Sammoon.

A small thunk emanates from Ordim.

You nod at Sammoon.

Relic Hunter Ordim just went east.

A tiny blood marble scarab twitches slightly under your skin.  It almost tickles.

Speaking to Sammoon, you offer, "I am ready."

Dedagain just went east.

Sammoon says, "I've been considering moving to a new town, but I'm torn, Icemule is my heart, but hunting could be better elsewhere."

Sammoon says, "Some guidance please."

You nod slowly.

You seriously say, "I would love to consult the runes for this."

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display a Kindred rune, an inverted energy symbol rune, a pair of boulders rune, an inverted shield rune, an inverted acorn rune, a blizzard rune, an inverted dot beneath a circle rune, a pair of ox horns rune, and a war hammer rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 a kindred rune is a water symbol, it means self, family, and/or community.
 an inverted energy symbol rune means recklessness.
 a pair of boulders is an Earth symbol, it means discipline and knowledge.
 an inverted shield rune means a mentor.
 an acorn rune is an Empath's path symbol, it means fertility, health, and growth.
 a blizzard rune is an air symbol, it means clearance - a testing, Karmic lessons.
 an inverted dot beneath a circle rune means legacy.
 a pair of ox horns rune is a Fire symbol, it means the unconcious, primitive mind, irationality.
 a war hammer is a Masculine symbol, it means Authoritive figure, leader.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

You gaze thoughtfully at your woven seagrass basket.

Sammoon smiles at Tyrrah.

Tyrrah smiles at Sammoon.

Tyrrah turns an inquisitive ear toward you.

You muse, "This is very interesting."

You say, "A moment."

Sammoon nods.

Mikalmas's concentration shifts and becomes more focused as he slightly tilts an ear in a particular direction.

Mikalmas rubs at a smudge on his white pastoral staff.

Speaking casually to Sammoon, Xanlin offers, "I grew up in Icemule.  Left to hunt near Illistim.  Just kidnap some friends to bring with you."

Mikalmas plants his white pastoral staff into the ground and rocks side to side a few times.

Mikalmas leans against his white pastoral staff, gazing thoughtfully at his surroundings.

Sammoon grins.

Speaking to Xanlin, Sammoon says, "Das a thought."

Xanlin gazes in amusement at Tyrrah.

Speaking to Sammoon, Etugen says, "You could commute between the hunting grounds and Icemule."

Sammoon rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Desorceri gazes heavenward.

Speaking to Etugen, Sammoon says, "Another good idea."

You say, "The kindred rune combined with the inverted dot beneath the circle means that you have a strong legacy in your community. You have benefited and gained knowledge (boulders) from a leader and mentor (inverted shield and war hammer). Soon you have a test coming up (blizzard) that could lead to unconscious growth (ox horns and acorn). The inverted energy symbol reminds you not to be reckless in your decision."

Sammoon nods to you.

Speaking to you, Sammoon says, "Thank you."

You ask, "Does that help?"

You peer quizzically at Sammoon.

Sammoon says, "I believe so."

You nod slowly at Sammoon.

Rovvigen smiles at Sammoon.

Sammoon nods.

Speaking amusedly to Tyrrah, Xanlin asks, "Something of interest?"

You turn to face Mikalmas.

Speaking politely to you, Prolly says, "'Prolly is required somewhere.  Thank you for the learning."

Prolly stands up.

Mikalmas raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Mikalmas smiles at you.

Speaking to Prolly, you say, "You're welcome."

Rovvigen bows to Prolly.

You wave to Prolly.

You say, "Thank you for coming."

Prolly waves.

Prolly just went east.

Speaking quietly to Xanlin, Tyrrah responds, "Yes."

Speaking to Mikalmas, you ask, "Did you want a reading?"

You cock your head.

Xanlin looks thoughtfully at Tyrrah.

Mikalmas says, "Oh.  Hm."

Desorceri praises you.

Speaking to you, Mikalmas says, "I seem to have...lost my way recently."

Mikalmas ponders.

Mikalmas says, "A general lack of direction or purpose, I suppose."

You ponder the meaning of Mikalmas's existence.

You offer, "I could try to add some guidance."

Sammoon nods.

Tyrrah glances between Mikalmas and yourself.

You say, "The Ikarrak are best for ... guiding the path of our clans."

You say, "We are typically nomadic, as it were."
You offhandedly admit, "Except the Grot'karesh as a whole."

Mikalmas asks, "Do the Ikarrak indicate...a place I need to be, or a path I need to follow?"

Sammoon whispers, "Thank you again for the gift."

Rovvigen nods understandingly to you.

You quietly whisper to Sammoon, "You're very welcome."

You nod slowly.

Mikalmas asks, "Anything I should focus on?"

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display a torch rune, a glory rune, an inverted pair of ox horns rune, a landslide rune, an inverted blizzard rune, an inverted waterskin rune, an inverted war hammer rune, an acorn cap rune, and a ram horn rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Sammoon stands up.

Sammoon bows.

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

Sammoon says, "Thank you for the information."

You gaze thoughtfully at your woven seagrass basket.

Desorceri ponders.

You distractedly say, "You're very welcome, thank you for coming."

Sammoon waves.

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 a torch rune is a fire symbol, it means creativity and/or inspiration.
 a glory rune is an Air symbol, it means discipline and/or knowledge.
 an inverted pair of ox horns rune is Shaman Experience.
 a landslide rune is an earth symbol, it means sudden loss or ordeal, destruction.
 an inverted blizzard rune means drastic change.
 an inverted waterskin rune means revelations.
 an inverted war hammer rune means balance of mind and body.
 an acorn cap rune is a Cleric's path symbol, it means conception and/or clearance.
 a ram horn rune is an earth symbol, it means protection and/or defense.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

Speaking softly to Sammoon, Rovvigen says, "Thanks for coming."

Rovvigen bows to Sammoon.

Sammoon says, "It was good."

Sammoon nods.

Sammoon just went east.

Tyrrah glances east.

Rovvigen smiles at Tyrrah.

Tyrrah smiles at Rovvigen.

Speaking quietly to Rovvigen, Tyrrah says, "Was very good learning."

Rovvigen softly says, "We appreciate you coming, we will do a tour if interested."

Rovvigen smiles at Tyrrah.

You say, "The landslide rune shows a sudden loss, perhaps in your way on the path. The inverted waterskin reflects a revelation that will lead to a drastic change (inverted blizzard). The inverted ox horns and acorn cap rune showcase the Cleric's path, either conception or clearance or both, combined with the Shaman Experience. The torch rune combined with the glory rune reflect inspired discipline. Having this inspired discipline will provide protection (ram horn) and return you to a balance of mind and body (inverted war hammer)."

Speaking quietly to Rovvigen, Tyrrah says, "Not needed, perhaps I shall bring children with me, next I am out."

Rovvigen nods at Tyrrah.

You say, "I would intuit that you may soon have that revelation."

Mikalmas nods to you.

Speaking to you, Mikalmas says, "Thank you. The humming is in the back of my mind, calling me back..to something.  So that makes sense."

You say, "Perhaps rededicating yourself to the cleric path will also lead you to that shamanistic experience."

You nod slowly at Mikalmas.

You turn to face Etugen.

Rovvigen smiles.

You gently say, "Your turn, cousin."

Speaking to Mikalmas, Desorceri says, "Yeah and send more creatures to Gosaena."

Desorceri pinches Mikalmas!

Mikalmas stares at Desorceri.

Etugen says, "I am not sure where I should go to be the most useful. I am very new in this area. And I don't have much in the way of guidance."

Desorceri whistles tunelessly to himself.

You nod slowly at Etugen.

You gently say, "You've come to the right place, cousin. I am happy to help guide you."

Etugen says, "Thank you...cousin."

Etugen smiles.

You offhandedly remark, "Although we absolutely need to get you new pants."

You say, "The ones you have on are..."

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas says, "Surely, old friend, if you know anything it is that my Mistress doesn't ask me to send anything to her.  She is the all knowing of the end.  She does not predict, request, or expect.  She simply knows."

You growl, "Offensive."

Mikalmas winks at Desorceri.

Etugen says, "Dreadful."

Etugen nods to you.

You say, "I can guide you on how to properly bury them so the wolf spirit may once again be one with the earth."

You say, "In the meantime.... The Ikarrak."

Slipping your hands into your woven seagrass basket, you pull forth nine smooth stones.  You slowly open your hand and arrange the runestones in the palm of your hand.   After a moment's study, you tilt your hand to display an inverted sheaf of wheat rune, a blizzard rune, a spear shaft rune, an inverted journey rune, an inverted open box rune, a horse rune, a waterskin rune, an inverted fortune rune, and an inverted empty waterskin rune.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Speaking to Mikalmas, Desorceri says, "Just some levity, old man.  No offense meant."

A few moments later, you deposit the stones back into your basket.

You analyze your woven seagrass basket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
The creator has also provided the following information:
Welcome to the Giantman Fortunetelling Runestones and Basket.  This particular basket is able to cast nine runestones at once.  It can only hold gemstones within it due to the fragile nature of the runestones it contains.
 a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket has messaging on Close, Open, and Rummage (divination trigger).
Divination and Translations
The most recent runes pulled and their translations are:
 an inverted sheaf of wheat rune means motion.
 a blizzard rune is an air symbol, it means clearance - a testing, Karmic lessons.
 a spear shaft rune is a warrior's path symbol, it means conflict, strength and physicality.
 an inverted journey rune means a quest.
 an inverted open box rune means prophecy.
 a horse rune is an earth symbol, it means transportation and/or motion.
 a waterskin rune is a water symbol, it means emotion and the unconcious mind.
 an inverted fortune rune means Love.
 an inverted empty waterskin rune means things hidden.
You can tell that the basket is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

Speaking to Desorceri, Mikalmas says, "None taken."

Mikalmas grins.

You distractedly say, "A moment as I ponder."

Etugen nods.

You blink at the woven seagrass basket in your hand.

Speaking to Etugen, you ask, "Do you enjoy combat?"

You ask, "Physicality?"

Etugen says, "I don't know. I've only fought once."

You nod slowly.

You say, "... A moment."

You say, "The inverted empty waterskin rune means you are keeping something hidden. The blizzard rune shows that soon you will have a testing. This will require you to go on a quest to seek the answer to a prophecy. It will require you to go on a journey and you will be in constant motion. The path you will take will require strength and you will face conflict. It is called the warrior's path. In the end, you will re-discover love and strengthen your skill in delving emotion and understanding the unconscious mind."

You say, "Perhaps grow in skill as..."

You guess, "An empath?"

You ponder the meaning of Etugen's existence.

Etugen nods to you.

You nod slowly.

You ask, "Does that help guide your path?"

You peer quizzically at Etugen.

Etugen says, "It does, yes. Thank you, cousin."

Etugen nods to you.

You quietly add, "I am happy to help guide you."

You say, "Perhaps we could talk later."

You nod slowly at Etugen.

You glance between Xanlin and Tyrrah.

You ask, "Either of you desire gleaned meaning from the Ikarrak?"

Tyrrah glances at Xanlin.

Tyrrah glances between Xanlin and yourself.

Speaking graciously to Tyrrah, Xanlin says, "After you."

Mikalmas shows Desorceri a deeply-hued purple mournbloom tattoo.

Tyrrah looks over at Xanlin and shakes her head.

Tyrrah points at Xanlin.

Tyrrah folds her hands.

Tyrrah takes a few graceful steps backward.

Xanlin looks thoughtfully at you.

Tyrrah glances between Xanlin and yourself.

Darcena smiles warmly at Xanlin.

Speaking distractedly to you, Xanlin admits, "I've never had good luck with divinationists or divinations."

You cock your head.

You say, "I certainly won't foist my skill on you."

You smile at Xanlin.

You say, "If no one else desires a reading, then Rovvigen and Mikalmas have offered tours or information on the Sphere and Scythe."

Darcena smiles warmly.

Rovvigen smiles at you.

Desorceri rises to his feet while applauding!

Tyrrah turns an inquisitive ear toward Rovvigen.

You hug Desorceri, stirring the scent of cardamom, vanilla, the metallic twang of blood, and the bite of red chilis from his skin.

Speaking sincerely to Desorceri, you say, "Thank you."

Speaking softly to you, Rovvigen says, "Thanks so much for the information."

You curtsy awkwardly to Rovvigen, your ankles wobbling as you try not to fall.

Speaking to you, Desorceri says, "Appreciate you sharing your talent!  That was very interesting."

Mikalmas says, "Thank you again, Darcena. Your knowledge and wisdom has been most appreciated this evening."

Rovvigen agrees with Mikalmas.

Xanlin makes a low, rumbling sound deep in his throat.

Speaking surprisedly to Mikalmas, you say, "Thank you."

Desorceri says, "What I got out of it was.... push Mikalmas down a mountain and cause a landslide."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter at Desorceri.

Rovvigen softly says, "For those of you who would like a tour of the structure please stick around and join Mikalmas."

Appearances

You see Arena Combatant Darcena Wolf-Valslayer the Whirlwind of Duskruin Arena.
She appears to be a Giantman of the Grot'karesh Clan.
She is taller than average and has a well-toned frame.  She appears to be in the bloom of youth.  She has moss-tinged stormy grey eyes and fair skin.  She has very long, thick raven-hued hair loosely gathered by some bloodied rolton wool ribbons dangling beaded emerald strands interspersed with countless gore-smeared braids.  She has a triangular face and a forked scar near her neckline.  Her eyes are framed by thick, naturally clumped eyelashes.  She has a small emerald green spider on her left forearm.
She has a weathered bone chelioboros inlaid with tiny emerald eyes in her left eyebrow, a silvery stud in the shape of a rolton in her left nostril, a wide tattooed Saramar-enruned armband on her arm, a black Saramar-enruned throat tattoo on her neck, a tattooed snarled lover's knot composed of five distinctly hued strands on her finger, and several mercurial half-moon rings in the ridges of both her ears.
She gives off a wild semblance.
Diagonal streaks of kohl black warpaint form a mask across her eyes, the undulating design echoed along her forehead and chin.
She is in good shape.
She is holding  a bone-toggled woven seagrass basket in her right hand.
She is wearing a black flyrsilk wolf mask edged in glittering emerald and glaes shards, a wide-cuffed black leather coat with a notched collar and flared hem, an etched militia badge, a small oblong white alyssum, a well-oiled slate battle harness, a back-laced tightly fitted bodice with diaphanous black lace trumpet sleeves, a silver etched rolton-link bracelet, a trio of yellowed bone rings, a coiled copper serpent ring set with minute foxfire green cinderstone eyes, some low-slung moss green leather pants, and a pair of dark grey leather boots.

You see Dedagain.
He appears to be an Erithian.
He is very tall.  He appears to be very young.  He has piercing blue-grey eyes and lightly tanned skin.  He has long, unkempt light brown hair shaved at the temples.  He has a deeply lined face, a straight nose and slightly pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a piece of bright silvery parchment in his left hand.
He is wearing a crystal amulet, a waxed black leather pouch, a bone-clasped forest green backpack, a pair of glazed leather boots, some dark silver-buttoned breeches, a silvery green leather cap, some ragged sea green full leathers, and a small shield emblazoned with a golden key.

You see Desorceri Incarnatus Faendryl the Investigator.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is very tall.  He appears to be young and robust.  He has haunting, nightshade-hued eyes and bronze skin.  He has chin length, artfully tousled shadowy black hair glazed in a sanguine sheen.  He has a finely boned, angular face, a classical nose and broad shoulders.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He has some tattooed interlocking sigils on his wrist, a tattooed line of angular runes on his neck, and a series of fractured bone shards in his left eyebrow.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing an agate-inset gold brooch, a patchwork leather cloak crafted from various animals, an ivory-inlaid dark sapphire cameo with a skull in bas-relief, a weathered leather harness made from a multitude of straps over some old light leather, a verdigris twining asp bracelet, a velvet and silk hip satchel with braided sinew accents, and a silk-lined pouch beaded with miniature black bone skulls.

You see Etugen.
She appears to be a Giantman.
She is very tall.  She appears to be very young.  She has sparkling green eyes and pale skin.  She has waist length, flowing auburn hair with lighter streaks.  She has a square face, a freckled nose and high cheekbones.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a threadbare pink woolen hood, a crystal amulet, a small shield emblazoned with a golden key, a ragged bearskin pack, a quilled leather tunic, a small bone-beaded pouch, a leather sheath, a pair of wolfskin breeches, and some fringed deerskin boots.

You see Guarrin.
He appears to be a Giantman of the T'Kirem Clan.
It is difficult to properly see his features as the hood of his longcoat is pulled down over his face.
He has an ebon and ivory skeletal gryphon tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a plain black neckpouch, a hooded morduska hide longcoat, a black enameled bracer with a silver gryphon set in a ruby circle, a black leather pack, some gilded mithril platemail, a leather swordbelt, a narrow leather back sheath, some dark silver-buttoned breeches, and a pair of black leather calf-boots.

You see House Cleric Mikalmas D'Chavka the High Priest of Gosaena.
He appears to be a Sylvankind of the Kytawa D'ahranal.
He is tall.  He appears to be extremely old.  He has gently aged storm grey eyes and flawless, lightly tanned skin.  He has long, meticulously groomed honey-colored hair greyed at the temples and secured loosely at the base of his neck.  He has a delicately slender nose and thin lips.  His hair is tucked behind perfectly formed, delicately curved and slightly upswept pointy ears.  He has silver-tipped wintry white lacquer brushed onto his perfectly manicured fingernails.
He has a deeply-hued purple mournbloom tattoo on his wrist, and an ebon-laced silver sickle tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a brass framed eisenruck with maroon cuirbouilli panels, an intricate gold ring, some long flowing silk robes tied with a silver cord, a vaalin-swept illthorn leaf pin, a small Silvergate pin, a sphere encased silver scythe, an antique silver reliquary, a brushed silver forearm cuff set with white moonstones, a translucent sack, a bejeweled silver pomander, an ordinary silver sigil on a twisted glaes chain, an etched pewter stickpin, an elegant white silk gem pouch secured with a length of fine silver rope, a silver linked bracelet, a rugged runestaff sling, a sterling silver monocle, a silver-tipped frosted glass feather stickpin, a silver sphere-incised signet, a silk-strung carved thanot medallion, a faenor-inset silver sickle symbol, a pristine white elven greatcloak elaborately hemmed with interwoven silver feather embroidery, a silver-inlaid moss agate Gosaena symbol, a pristine white clerical collar traced with silver-threaded elven script, a twist of braided vines, a braided platinum and vaalin wedding band with a channel-set white opal, a silver feather-inlaid moss agate anklet, some pristine white leather sandals secured with feather-shaped antique silver buckles, a rhimar-bound witchwood Adventurer's Guild badge, and a vaalin-laced keyring.

You see Lord Mondex Erbach.
He appears to be a Dwarf of the Toktrog Clan.
He appears to be very young.  He has double-lashed thunderhead grey eyes and smoothly tanned skin.  He has raggedly cut, layered two-toned brown and blonde hair pulled back with a silver-fringed dark grey wool tricorn worn canted forward.  He has a sharply defined, small face, a slender, delicately flared nose and well-muscled shoulders and arms.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a greyed ironwood fetish inlaid with crimson blazestars, a black leather coat embossed with silver flames, a blood-red thorned rose stickpin, a crystal-ringed silver scythe pin, an alum-bound runestaff sling with a bone white villswood runestaff hanging from it slung over his shoulder, a thin black alchemy tote studded with smoky glimaerstones slung over his other shoulder, a hip-length storm grey vest over some fringed black satin robes, a thin twisted wire armband inset with tiny blue waterwebs, a rune-etched sleek onyx wristlet, a small shadowy black velvet pouch, and some tailored pale grey suede trousers.

A layer of water surrounds Ordim and ripples with each movement.
You see Relic Hunter Ordim the Treasure Hunter.
He appears to be a Brughan Halfling.
He is average height and has ashen skin.  He has an owl-shaped mark perched on his wrist.
He has a thick slate grey cowl wreathing his shoulders and neck, the hood of which is pulled up around his head and casting shadows upon a waxed leather mask with a hooked black beak that completely obscures his face.
He has a mostly mottled mocha muffin tattoo on his arm, a runic dachre tattoo on his neck, a rune tattoo on his arm, and a scale-bowled wyrwood pipe clenched between his teeth.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a moon-filled kelyn pendant, a helical veniom pendant strung on a steel chain, a patchwork longcloak stitched with an inky black kraken, a silver v-shaped pin set with clear scarlet-tinged crystal wings, an elegant mithril clasp, a silver and blue diamond pin, an obsidian muffin pin, a dahcre-etched symbol, a fluffy feathered toy owl adorned with a wide-brimmed hat and a tiny black eye patch, a two-armed zoetic quill with an amber rachis and azure vane, a quintuple orb brooch, a small bone periapt, a slender burled witchwood case capped with eahnor slung over his shoulder, a knitted dark grey satchel slung over his other shoulder, a vert-accented dark grey surcoat over a silk-lined black leather tunic front-laced with thin silver cording, a twining silver bracelet worked into two-headed serpent, some delicate kidskin gloves, a carved bloodstone signet, a kraken-wrapped blood marble ring, a jam-smudged off-white apron, a rounded copper flask, a muffin-shaped key strung from a twisted chain, a polished silver pocket watch with a fine silver chain, a patchwork cloth pouch secured with a muffin-shaped buckle, a pair of leather pants with numerous scuff marks, and some flat silver-laced sandals.

You see Ouni.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She is average height.  She has bloodshot green eyes and black skin.  The rest of her features are concealed by a sheer gauze veil hanging from her pewter-dyed satin turban.
She has a lustrous vaalin stud in her left nostril.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a bacon-wrapped roasted fig in her right hand.
She is wearing a matte black crow feather quill tucked behind one ear, a pewter-dyed satin turban with a sheer gauze veil, a crystal amulet, a grey silk hooded cloak, a braided silver satin satchel, some long velvet robes, a white gold wedding band, some flowing silk gauze pants, and a pair of braided leather sandals.

You see Prolly the Priestess.
She appears to be a Giantman.
She appears to have come of age.  She has bright hazel eyes and tanned skin.  She has long, frizzy dark brown hair worn in a riot of snarled zigzag braids knotted with hemlock green enameled beads.  She has a plump face, a freckled nose and deep laugh lines.
She has an elaborate hourglass tattoo on her wrist, and deep sapphire blue tattoo ink staining her lips that descends into labyrinthine swirling lines that cover her chin.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a silver and fire opal crown, an ebony earbob dangling an emerald key, an openwork rowan tree pendant dotted with tiny red berries, a coiled mithril wand medallion set with tiny iron rods, a mist-swirled glass eyeball talisman, a colorful Malghavan wool cloak, an oblong hammered mithril brooch, a deep green glaes spider charm, a flattened iron anvil emblem, an invar-bound silk badge, a peridot inset copper barrette, a shimmering trinket, a flannel-lined green herb poke, a roomy mithril-trimmed bag, a frayed leather harness, a dark leather aketon, a tightly-laced bracer with dull iron grommets, a marquise-cut smoky topaz bracelet, a glittering gold bracelet, some fingerless gloves of nubby black yarn, a silk-lined leather gem pouch set with tiny uncut emerald studs, a jade green cross-stitched reticule, a carefully-tinkered gnomish case engraved with a border of tangled sneezeweed, a chain-hung black iron censer, a knotted strand of filthy flax, and a pair of black leather dance shoes.

Flames dance around Rovvigen wreathing him in a torrent of violent energy.
You see House Seer Rovvigen Aniket the Officer of Silvergate Inn.
He appears to be a Paradis Halfling.
He is average height.  He appears to be young and sprightly.  He has silver-flecked blue-green eyes and mocha-freckled, lightly tanned skin.  He has short, tousled silvery white hair highlighted in shades of red.  He has a perfectly symmetrical, delicately featured face, a small, button nose and thin, lithely muscled arms and wrists.
He has a curled aged brown pipe clenched between his teeth, a twisting silver-traced red flame tattoo on his wrist, a silver-traced red flame tattoo on his arm, a lustrous ivory sliver in his right eyebrow, a fire elemental tattoo on his neck, an enruned silver hoop in his lip, and a storm grey seer tattoo on his ankle.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a bone-toggled woven willow basket in his left hand.
He is wearing some fiery red flowing robes embroidered with wisps of silver flames, a leather pouch, a crystal and agate-inlaid case, a silvery white silk sack, a silver neckchain hung with a crystal sphere-encased silver scythe, a brass-plated metal lunchbox, a blue mithril mesh cage supported by dark grey veniom-threaded bands, a tailored red silk overcoat, a silver-stitched flame red spidersilk bag, a translucent silver-hearted crystal, a silver crystal ball symbol, some spherical crystal prayer beads linked with small silver scythes, a carved fireleaf totem, a small Silvergate pin, a sphere encased silver scythe, a quintuple orb brooch, a platinum-bound spidersilk badge, a red silk runestaff sling, a flame-etched silver-linked bracelet, a twisted golvern wedding band swirled with dragon's-tear rubies, a thick matte eonake ring etched with whorls of silver-inlaid flames, and some flat silver-laced sandals.

You see Sammoon Tuckecke the Monk.
He appears to be a Half-Elf from Dragach.
He is tall.  He appears to be young.  He has bright sparkling aqua blue eyes and lightly bronzed skin.  He has chin length, soft silky chestnut hair styled neatly back off his temples with a few lose strands falling in his eyes.  He has a sharply angular face and a meticulously groomed mustache that partially covers his full lips.  He has a lithe, refined stature.
He has a gold-studded obsidian pipe clenched between his teeth.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand.
He is wearing a set of lead gray klot with reinforced steel plates, some knotted dark rope handwraps studded with veil iron, an exquisite gold ring, a glyph-etched gold talisman, an enruned sterling silver pendant, a rat fur longcoat, a sandalwood toothpick, a rose-breasted onyx and glaes robin, some soft rat fur gloves, a pair of dark-tinted glasses with dragon scale green frames, a drake-winged insignia, a sigil-etched wide silver armband, a sharp-edged silver star symbol with eight blackened points, a rat fur scarf, an ivory-inlaid white sunstone buckle, a fine star emerald stickpin, a copper-bound ceramic badge, an iron-studded shoulder guard made of articulated leather scales, an ebony rat fur pack, a blood red felt shirt, a set of hooded soft grey robes with crouching tigers on its sides, some brushed steel vambraces set with dark storm agate, a wide silver wrist cuff, a carved thin blue gem band, a coral red rat fur belt, a thick rat fur satchel, a coal black rat fur pouch, an onyx studded oak brown kilt, some old spiked imflass leg greaves, and a sigil-incised pale sapphire anklet.

You see Great Lord Shisshio Mahkoto the Locksmith.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is taller than average.  He appears to have come of age.  He has piercing brown eyes and brown skin.  He has raggedly cut, frizzy black hair bound into a loose roll held at the nape of his neck by a pair of onyx-brushed ora hairsticks with split prongs.  He has a long face, a pointed nose and thin lips.
He has a scrollwork laje stud in his left eyebrow, a scrollwork laje sliver in his lip, and a lustrous laje hook in the upper ridge of his right ear.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a pale silver web-woven haversack, a laje-buttoned amphorius black cloak, a crimson-banded black leather tricorn, a gold coiling dragon necklace, some black onyx laje claws, a laje-studded black leather collar, a small Silvergate pin, some black leather kyuak inlaid with intricate laje whorls, an emerald-eyed opalescent vaalin dragon armband, a glacial white smooth glaes armband, an intricate mechanical vambrace, some laje buckled black leather handwraps, a braided gold ring, a laje-inlaid black steel ring, a slender vaalin skeleton key on a thick silver waistchain, a slouched russet leather bag, a black leather locksmith's toolkit fastened with gleaming spiked onyx scarab buckles, some sturdy spiked invar leg greaves, a sleek wolf hide ankle-sheath, and a pair of laje-buckled black leather footwraps.

It is difficult to get a good look at Skipjack due to the number of mirror images of him nearby.
You see Skipjack the Rescuer.
He appears to be an Elf.
He is taller than average.  He appears to be young and robust.  He has glinting stormy blue-grey eyes and tanned skin.  He has chin length, shaggy deep goldenrod hair carelessly pulled back into a loose bun under a dark leather tricorn stuck with a trio of blood eagle feathers, leaving shorter strands tucked back behind his ears.  He has an angular face and slightly pointed ears.
He has a rune tattoo on his arm, a one-eared rabbit tattoo on his arm, and a detailed tattoo of a pink cat and a green rat paddling down a yellow river in a small ear-shaped dinghy on his neck.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg, and minor bruises on his neck.
He is wearing an eahnor ring mail shirt, an ivory-bound suede badge, some embossed ora leg greaves, a jade green leather weapon harness inlaid with deep blue mermaid's-tear sapphires slung over his shoulder, some pleated gamboge linen trousers with thin white pinstripes, an engraved sterling silver earcuff set with an onyx-flecked forest green crystal, a twine-strung navy blue hemp monkeyfist, a dashing azure suede longcoat fastened with brilliant brass buttons, an unadorned mithril relic, a sunny yellow buttercup boutonniere, a pair of leather gloves with articulated iron-plated fingers, a braided leather and wiregrass belt, a hip-slung ashen leather kit, a tiny latched silver cigar case, and some blue suede shoes.


You see Maiden Tyrrah the High Priestess of Gosaena.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is shorter than average and has an hourglass stature emphasized by wide curvaceous hips and a narrow waist.  She appears to be very young.  She has dark feather-lashed nearly translucent sky blue eyes and immaculate, unlined soft alabastrine skin.  She has thigh-grazing, ringleted titian hair with pale blonde undertones, the style draping down her back, save for a pair of braids restrained by a wide ebon leather headband trailing a spray of white feathers.  She has an elegantly contoured face and tall, elongated ears that protrude through her hair and taper along a graceful crescent into well-defined points.  She has an aristocratic manner that lends an air of nobility to her pristine, alabastrine countenance.
She has a tattoo of a silver-maned albino dragon wielding a silver-edged ebon sword on her chest.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing an elegant linked eahnor choker, a shoulder-clasped billowing crimson cape, a dark crimson jacket adorned at the shoulders with gold braid tied into one knot of rank, some form-fitting dark crimson hunts embroidered with a golden wyvern, a thin wyrmwood armband suspending a trio of modwir beaded eagle feathers, a pair of lacy elbow-length gloves, some hip-slung fitted doeskin breeches, and some thigh-high high-heeled sunset red silk boots.

You see Xanlin the Master Rogue.
He appears to be a Human.
He is tall in stature.  He appears to be in the spring of life.  He has dark-lashed umber eyes and sun-kissed, lightly freckled skin.  He has chin length, tousled brown hair with dark ebon streaks.  He has an unshaven face, a classical nose and dark, well-defined eyebrows.
He has a polished black diamond stud in his lip, a trio of jagged claw marks tattooed across his forearm, and a pair of curved obsidian spikes in his left eyebrow.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a barbed-edged dark steel locket, a crude ebonwood panther talisman, a wrist-buckled black leather jacket split down each side, a sandalwood toothpick, a polished dark steel pin set with blue crystal chains, a tiny iron catapult pin, a blooming razern rose set with blue crystal petals, a shadowy aqilorn haversack, a black knapsack, a half-buttoned dark blue silk shirt, some dark vultite full plate, a coiled mithglin chain armband, a brushed silver forearm cuff set with white moonstones, some dark leather brawling gloves, a full-finger dark steel band encircled by thin barbs, an inlaid gold ring, a thin black leather belt, a small shadowy black velvet pouch, a black pouch, a matte black satchel, some ebon leather pants side-secured with a trio of blood red sandruby buckles, a thigh-strapped slim vaalorn kit, a black leather disarming case, and some dark leather moccasins.