Rise of Rone - 5118-01-22 - On the Seventh Night of Not Really Rone... (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Lormesta 22-23, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


On the seventh night of not really Rone, the Landing gave to me: seven Leafi-slain victims, six loresong verses, five unending debates! Four lawful voices, three sets of dead Rooks, two prism bombs, and a very angry vigilante.


Summary

  • The vigilante is spotted again briefly, then the ground begins to rumble all throughout Wehnimer's Landing. Adventurers go to investigate and begin finding Rook corpses throughout Burrow Way amidst explosions and chaotic battles.
  • Stormyrain's loresong for one of the corpses reveals the vigilante threatening a Rook for Rysus' location, but getting no answers and taking the Rook's life before disappearing and dropping white gear-covered prisms.
  • Tyrrah finds a prism on the corpse and Stormyrain asks to see it for investigation, but Tyrrah says she'll hand it to Wolfloner. Wolfloner suggests giving it to Archales, but Archales says he doesn't want to aid further in the investigation. An arrow shoots Tyrrah and she drops the prism, but Archales picks it up and slips into hiding--though later on he reports that a loresong revealed no helpful information.
  • Stormyrain's loresong for the next corpse reveals another case of the vigilante demanding Rysus' location, getting no information, and killing the Rook.
  • Leafiara finds a prism near that corpse, but turns one of its gears and shortly afterward it explodes, blowing her up and killing seven others with shrapnel.
  • Stormyrain's loresong for a group of burnt Rook corpses reveals them killed without being questioned, as they were playing with dice and darts when the vigilante threw a crimson orb--the type previously used by Walkar and the Rooks--to unleash fire on them.
  • Afterward, a lengthy discussion among Landing folks and other adventurers follows about jurisdiction and law in the Landing.



Log

Attack on the Rooks

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep.

Near an alley, a swirl of ethereal mist appears as the form of a white cloaked figure emerges briefly, before he races off into the obscurity of the falling snow.

[about a dozen small groups split up to search, but finally...]

The ground in town rumbles a few times.

You curiously say, "Underground, maybe."

Irar asks, "Caverns?"

You guess, "The Rook tunnels?"

[Leafi's trio heads for the catacombs, but after exploring briefly, Wolfloner sends a Symbol of Need when he finds a corpse in Burrow Way]

[travel time]



Rook Corpses, Case #1: Uneasy Truce and Uneasier Allies (???)

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The tapered walls give way to a greater area, as the distance between torches stretches, expanding the cover of darkness. Two old barrels sit to the side of the tunnel, their labels faded, but depicting an image of a skull and bones. You also see the Wolfloner disk and a shredded human corpse with a white gear-covered prism on it.

Obvious exits: east, southwest

You glance dubiously at a shredded human corpse.

Wolfloner comes out of hiding.

Wolfloner kneels down.

>look cor

The corpse is that of a human, garbed in a tattered black cloak and light armor. There is bruising along the man's face, and one leg and arm are bent awkwardly and look broken. The body itself is covered in dozens of wounds, and upon closer inspection countless sharp metal shards have been imbedded into the body's flesh.

A pale-faced coppery barn owl flies in and lands on the floor.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Wolfloner frowns at a shredded human corpse.

The coppery barn owl examines a shredded human corpse curiously.

The coppery barn owl glances around the room, its eyes gleaming intelligently.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Arnylon.

Chaoswynd absently says, "Those wounds... that's shrapnel from some kind of explosive."

You take a moment to observe everything you can about a shredded human corpse.

Wolfloner nods at Chaoswynd.

Irar agrees with Chaoswynd.

Irar says, "The rumbling..."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Would appear to be so."

Chaoswynd nods once.

Irar says, "Coming together then."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Tyrrah.

Arnylon asks, "Maybe that was the quake?"

Marijka just arrived.

Irar says, "Explosion, we think."

Speaking to Arnylon, Chaoswynd says, "That stands to reason."

The prism slips slightly on the body, almost rolling off.

Irar points at a shredded human corpse.

Tyrrah removes a white gear-covered prism from on a shredded human corpse.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Tyrrah cocks her head.

You curiously say, "So then he has--"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Tyrrah!

The evanescent shield shrouding Tyrrah fades briefly.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Marijka!

AS: +451 vs DS: +427 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +18 = +82

A clean miss.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Tyrrah!

AS: +451 vs DS: +430 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +63 = +121

... and hits for 16 points of damage!

Blow to back connects lightly.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Raelee!

AS: +451 vs DS: +524 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +31 = -5

A clean miss.

Raelee fades into visibility.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure positions itself to attack Arnylon.

The evanescent shield shrouding Arnylon flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Chaoswynd!

AS: +451 vs DS: +409 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +15 = +91

A clean miss.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Irar!

AS: +451 vs DS: +639 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +20 = -146

A clean miss.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure positions itself to attack you.

The evanescent shield shrouding you flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

All of a sudden, Wolfloner rolls hard to his side, and then leaps to his feet!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls a large boulder at Wolfloner!

Wolfloner dodges just in the nick of time!

You glance at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Irar says, "Oh dear."

Pale, swirling mist begins to billow out from nothingness before you, and quickly coalesces into a small orb of shifting essence. Suddenly, the orb expands and forms an elliptical portal of swirling blues and blacks, its edges shrouded in dancing blue-white mist.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You squint at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Jiarine steps out of the shifting portal.

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +454 - TD: +380 + CvA: +9 + d100: +21 == +104

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

You scoff at the figure.

Wolfloner draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him. A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

Wolfloner darkly says, "Hold."

A swirling cloud of shadow forms around Jiarine's right hand as she prepares a spell...

Jiarine gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is awakened by Jiarine's attack!

CS: +534 - TD: +428 + CvA: +9 + d100: +5 == +120

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's eyes glass over as a distant look takes over its expression.

Irar exclaims, "Group up!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

Irar says, "Before fighting them."

You loudly request, "Hold, please! I've bound--"

You glance at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +454 - TD: +350 + CvA: +9 + d100: +44 == +157

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure appears distracted.

Irar exclaims, "On Leafiara!"

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +454 - TD: +362 + CvA: +9 + d100: +10 == +111

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

You say, "As I was saying..."

You say, "I've bound it."

You chortle at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Irar nods.

Wolfloner draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Irar!

... 25 points of damage!

Vicious strike punctures intestines!

He is stunned!

You glance appraisingly around the room.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Wolfloner darkly says, "Hold."

Irar says, "Took a strike to the chest."

Wolfloner draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

You loudly exclaim, "Rooks! I'm not one of your enemies!"

Tyrrah rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Tyrrah puzzles over a white gear-covered prism.

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Irar exclaims, "Explain yourselves!"

You mischievously say, "Though Irar might be."

Tyrrah glances at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

You snicker.

Wolfloner darkly says, "The Rooks were attacked."

A figure spits, "You come down here."

Irar glances at you.

You nod in agreement at Wolfloner.

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Irar asks, "What?"

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "Neat trick, talking in one's sleep."

You squint at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Arnylon asks, "We do. Your point?"

Tyrrah gets a distant look in her eyes.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure snores quietly in its sleep.

The figure snores.

The voice of Rekarth says, "This fellow seems rather the worse for wear."

The dark hooded figure slowly comes back to consciousness.

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +454 - TD: +362 + CvA: +9 + d100: +90 == +191

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

You scoff at the figure.

Wolfloner frowns.

Wolfloner darkly says, "Hold."

BOOM! An explosion rocks the Burrow Way and a wave of heat ripples down a tunnel nearby.

Speaking lightly to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, you say, "What has you in arms? We're not seriously attac--"

Wolfloner frowns.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You concernedly say, "Well then."

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Irar asks, "What are these explosions?"

Marijka observes, "That wasn't us."

Chaoswynd absently says, "That's.... not good."

Irar shakes his head.

The voice of Rekarth says, "Curious."

Wolfloner darkly says, "That is not a good sound."

You clench your jaw.

Tyrrah nods slowly at Wolfloner.

>think Can we have the militia to our location here to take away the corpse? Trouble might be on its way with explosions, but we can't leave the evidence here.

>look

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The tapered walls give way to a greater area, as the distance between torches stretches, expanding the cover of darkness. Two old barrels sit to the side of the tunnel, their labels faded, but depicting an image of a skull and bones. Also here: Marijka, Maiden Tyrrah, Arnylon, Chaoswynd, Irar, Wolfloner

You hopefully say, "Trying to call the militia to get the corpse..."

[people show up near instantly]

You add, "In case it's important evidence."

Stormyrain glances at a shredded human corpse.

>look

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way] The tapered walls give way to a greater area, as the distance between torches stretches, expanding the cover of darkness. Two old barrels sit to the side of the tunnel, their labels faded, but depicting an image of a skull and bones.

Also here: Shinann, Lady Alasatia, Drevihyin, Relic Hunter Ulkov, Stormyrain, Marshal Madmountan, Great Lord Huebald, Dinaden, Lord Thrassus, Puptilian, Marijka, Maiden Tyrrah, Arnylon, Chaoswynd, Irar, Wolfloner

Obvious exits: east, southwest

Stormyrain casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Chaoswynd gives a sidelong glance at Tyrrah.

Tyrrah glances at a white gear-covered prism in her hand.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure limps southwest.

Speaking to Tyrrah, Chaoswynd says, "I'd suggest showing that thing to one of the captains."

Thrassus says, "He was obviously killed in the explosion."

Puptilian nods.

Wolfloner darkly says, "He is looking for Rysus perhaps."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

The human corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

The prism in Tyrrah's hand vibrates slightly and makes odd clunking sounds.

Puptilian says, "I think it's Rooks in general and not just any one of them."

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. You see a Rook quickly load and fire a crossbow, shooting into the darkness as a swirl of ethereal mist rises up and vanishes before the bolt strikes. Suddenly from behind the Rook, the fog appears again and a white cloaked figure grabs the Rook by the back of the neck and slams him into a wall. "The dying king, where is he!" the white cloak figure shouts."

Madmountan asks, "Those metal shards are different, eh?"

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Tyrrah cocks her head.

You uncertainly repeat, "The dying king?"

You scratch your head.

Speaking to you, Puptilian says, "Rysus."

You curiously ask, "Yes, but since when is he dying?"

Alasatia uncertainly asks, "Dying?"

Puptilian says, "He calls himself king. The shadow wants to kill him so he is "dying'."

Puptilian says, "That is my take on it."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

Stormyrain groans.

You uncertainly ask, "Maybe... anything more, Stormy?"

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

The human corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Stormyrain says, "Give me a damned minute, it's too noisy in here and I have to regroup."

[Jiarine and Archales separately report finding other corpses over the amunet]

You gesture into the air.

Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Jiarine's surroundings fills your mind...

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Empty wooden crates line an entire wall of the tunnel, discolored labels marking them as property of the Wehnimer's Landing Museum. Because of the partial blockade of chests, the passageway is narrower here. You also see a tiny angular lilac-pointed kitten and some burnt corpses. Also here: Jiarine

Obvious exits: north

You gesture into the air.

Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Archales's surroundings fills your mind...

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The underground tunnel twists sharply here, turning right before a dirt-packed wall broken up by jagged rocks. Faint light glows from both ends of the passage. You also see the Earthdiver disk, a fluffy white cat and a bloodied elven corpse.

Also here: Earthdiver, Archales

You note, "More corpses at Jiarine's location and Archales' location..."

You clarify, "Two different spots. Also in Burrow Way."

Thrassus says, "Busy fellow."

Ulkov says, "Rooks are stirred up. There's folks culling them."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

The human corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. You see the Rook pressed against a wall, a white cloaked figure behind him, pressing the Rook's face hard. The white figure breaks the Rook's arm and with a solid kick breaks his leg. As the Rook slumps, he spins awkwardly, slicing a dagger at the white figure but seems to miss. As the white figure vanishes in a puff of smoke, he drops two gear-covered prisms to the ground."

Thrassus says, "Likely the explosives."

Puptilian says, "Aye good guess."

Tyrrah fiddles with the top of the first aid kit, causing the metal plates to open.

Tyrrah put a white gear-covered prism in her first aid kit.

Puptilian says, "Lot stronger then the orbs. That is scary."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

The human corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

The prism in Tyrrah's kit vibrates slightly and makes odd clunking sounds.

Thrassus asks, "Is that thing about to go off?"

Suddenly the plates at the top of Tyrrah's first aid kit snap shut with a loud *CLICK*!

Madmountan says, "Already did."

Stormyrain squints at a shredded human corpse.

Irar asks, "Do we know it won't go off again?"

Evia asks, "What happened to this...person?"

Speaking to Evia, Marijka says, "The White Shadow."

You wryly say, "So much for last night's concerns about Alendrial potentially supplying the Rooks with money. Won't be many of them left at this rate."

Stormyrain swears under her breath.

Speaking to Evia, Irar says, "Killed in an explosion, explosive dropped by the vigilante."

Speaking to Evia, Puptilian says, "A new type of device that blows up stronger then an orb. Shook the whole town."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a shredded human corpse that you don't understand.

The human corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Marijka says, "Vigilantism is one thing, a thing which some might be inclined to overlook, but an outright war in the city is unacceptable to anyone."

Wolfloner darkly says, "The vigilante has resources. That is certain."

Stormyrain says, "Nothing else, it's just repeating the same story."

Stormyrain asks, "Did anyone find prisms when they came in?"

Stormyrain searches around for a moment.

Marijka shakes her head.

You shake your head.

Puptilian says, "And sounds like the same from the other body." [from Archales' amunet reports]

You admit, "I saw a prism fall off the body, but..."

Irar says, "I saw one when I walked in."

You admit, "Where it went, I've no idea."

Speaking to you, Stormyrain asks, "Who took it?"

Tyrrah slowly answers, "Yes."

Marijka says, "Maybe the captive who escaped."

Speaking to Tyrrah, Stormyrain asks, "Do you have it?"

The prism in Tyrrah's kit vibrates slightly and makes odd clunking sounds.

You glance at Tyrrah.

Tyrrah slowly answers, "Yes."

Ulkov glances nervously at Tyrrah.

Madmountan says, "Nice."

Irar says, "I... don't know if that thing is safe."

Speaking to Tyrrah, Stormyrain asks, "Mind bringing it out so I can see if it has anything to tell?"

Puptilian says, "Could Stormy take a look at it please."

Tyrrah quietly answers, "Yes."

Stormyrain asks, "You mind, or you will?"

Madmountan says, "I'll eat it."

Thrassus says, "It's making odd noises."

Speaking to Tyrrah, Shinann says, "That is evidence and you need to hand it over to her."

Tyrrah quietly says, "Wolfloner will see it, I trust it only within his care for the moment."

Stormyrain says, "Fine."

Stormyrain rubs her leather choker, causing a golden incandescence to dance around its edges briefly.

Stormyrain gets an odd look on her face.

[various attempts to find Wolfloner, not currently in the room, over amunet, ranger whispers, familiar, etc.]

Irar says, "There's probably more of the things. Maybe we can find someone more cooperative in the investigation."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Cruxophim.

Puptilian says, "Mayor have a talk with this...person."

Thrassus says, "It sounds like there are more corpses strewn about, perhaps we will find more of those gadgets."

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim mutters, "What now?"

Puptilian says, "Maybe she will listen to you."

Wolfloner just arrived.

Speaking quietly to Irar, Tyrrah says, "One of your captains does not trust me, the only titled me unjustly insane. I believe well within rights at the moment. Wolfloner.. will."

>think Has anybody else found prisms on the corpses in the tunnels?

You focus on projecting your thoughts...

Puptilian says, "She has possible evidence."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Stormyrain says, "Thank you for coming. Tyrrah has a prism she'd like to hand to you."

Shinann says, "She means me."

Wolfloner darkly asks, "What did you need?"

Speaking quietly to Wolfloner, Tyrrah says, "On your word."

Speaking calmly to Tyrrah, Cruxophim asks, "Do you now?"

Speaking to a shredded human corpse, Archales says, "Such a waste."

Wolfloner darkly asks, "We are agreed that the device is returned to Tyrrah?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian asks, "Captain?"

Earthdiver asks, "What..device?"

Arnylon says, "It would appear things found can be demanded to be handed over at will as long as it is stated it's evidence. Thank goodness she did not find a very nice suit of armor or the like."

Speaking curiously to Wolfloner, Cruxophim echoes, "What device?"

Speaking to Tyrrah, Shinann says, "Sorry, I call them as I see them."

Speaking to Earthdiver, you explain, "A prism found on the corpse."

Speaking to Earthdiver, Marijka says, "We believe possibly one of the explosives employed tonight."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Stormyrain says, "I have no idea what it is, but at this time it is not her property."

Tyrrah fiddles with the top of the first aid kit, causing the metal plates to open.

Stormyrain says, "It's evidence in an on-going investigation."

Tyrrah removes a white gear-covered prism from in her first aid kit.

Speaking seriously to Tyrrah, Cruxophim suggests, "It would be very helpful for you to turn that over to the authorities."

Thrassus says, "Also, it's making noises, so it might be ready to explode."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Tyrrah says, "Insulting, still mmhhmm."

Archales says, "Turn it to be sure."

Archales nods knowingly.

Shinann grins at Tyrrah.

Speaking to Arnylon, Irar says, "The thing blew up someone within the walls of the town. It's immediately relevant to a criminal investigation. And it might be dangerous."

Earthdiver says, "Yeah. I'm not sure if you would want to keep holding onto it."

Shinann says, "Truthful."

Thrassus says, "The Shadow dropped two, we only found one."

Shinann nods at Tyrrah.

Speaking to Tyrrah, Ulkov says, "Fair point.. if it explodes, I'd rather it explode a captain."

Ulkov grins slowly.

Tyrrah agrees with Wolfloner.

Archales narrows his eyes and takes in his surroundings with a bitter expression on his face.

Ulkov winks at Stormyrain.

Shinann glances at Ulkov.

Speaking quietly to Wolfloner, Tyrrah says, "I believe you're right. Perhaps the white cloaked one will be less.."

Speaking to Ulkov, Stormyrain says, "I'll place my life on the line for citizens, anyday. You can stand behind me if you'd like."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Tyrrah says, "Insulting."

Stormyrain grins crookedly at Ulkov.

Speaking to Tyrrah, Irar asks, "Can you please at least let Wolfloner see it?"

Cruxophim places his hands on his hips and eyes Tyrrah with a skeptical look.

Stormyrain says, "I don't have all damned night. The longer this hold up happens the further away he gets."

>think Nobody has found prisms on any of the other corpses?

Wolfloner darkly says, "Let Archales sing to it."

Wolfloner nods at Tyrrah.

Cruxophim nods in agreement at Wolfloner.

Ulkov says, "Gonna go look into the other corpse."

[people had been peeling off to search elsewhere throughout the discussion too]

Stormyrain asks, "There's a second corpse now?"

Stormyrain sighs slightly and rubs her temples.

Puptilian says, "Let someone other then the captain of the militia during an investigation. Interesting."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Stormyrain says, "Archales isn't even here right now."

Tyrrah nods slowly at Wolfloner.

Wolfloner darkly says, "There are many corpses in the tunnel."

Speaking regretfully to Stormyrain, you say, "Several of 'em."

Speaking sternly to Tyrrah, Cruxophim prompts, "We don't have all night, are you going to turn it over or not?"

Shinann says, "Think they said three."

Speaking wryly to Stormyrain, Cruxophim informs, "There's several, at least three."

Stormyrain swears, "For the love of Jastev."

Puptilian says, "It was a large explosion. Does not surprise me."

You interject, "And the third is... more of a group of burned corpses."

Archales just arrived.

Dinaden says, "Maybe there are more devices. This is stuck between childish and unbelievable."

Irar says, "Likely more squirreled away in the possession of those impeding murder investigations."

Tyrrah moves to stand in front of Archales.

Tyrrah agrees with Wolfloner.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "At this point we have no other leads, I guess we let the Rooks continue to blow up since we can't forward the investigation."

Tyrrah turns an inquisitive ear toward Archales.

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "I'm done waiting."

Archales looks over at Tyrrah and shakes his head.

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "Let's go to the next one."

Stormyrain says, "Let her keep it, and I will make sure to keep her away from any further evidence."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "You have the lead."

Tyrrah quietly says, "You had no say in this one."

Archales says, "This looks like a real blood bath."

You say, "Guess we'll check elsewhere too."

Archales says, "I'm nearly certain I don't want to help investigate further."

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Tyrrah in the throat!

... 50 points of damage!

Incredible shot clean through the throat severs the spine!

Tyrrah drops dead at your feet!

You calmly say, "Or that could happen."

You glance dubiously at Tyrrah.

Cruxophim gazes in amusement at his surroundings.

Marijka says, "Looks like the Rooks got her. Arrow from the shadows."

You innocently say, "Wasn't me."

Cruxophim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

The prism falls out of Tyrrah's cold dead hands.

Archales comes out of hiding.

Archales picks up a white gear-covered prism.

[Archales slips back into hiding]

You hear someone mutter cheeseit.

You bemusedly say, "Well, moving on then."

You casually opine, "Interesting night."



Rook Corpses, Case #2: The Wrong Turn

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The underground tunnel twists sharply here, turning right before a dirt-packed wall broken up by jagged rocks. Faint light glows from both ends of the passage. You also see a bloodied elven corpse.

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a bloodied elven corpse that you don't understand.

The elven corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

>look corp

The elven man is garbed in a black hooded cloak that has been shredded and stained with blood. A bird mask with a razor-sharp beak lays bent and bloodied near his corpse, and a pool of blood still seeps out from a wicked gash in his side. The corpse's face has been smashed in and broken.

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. You see a dark cloaked figure prowling along the shadows, daggers in his hands. He spins suddenly at the sound of something, and stabs at the air as a swirl of ethereal mist churns into existence. The white cloaked figure grabs the shadowy figure by the arm, slams him into a wall and slams his metal fist into the birdman's face, bending his mask. The white figure growls, "Where is he?"."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a bloodied elven corpse that you don't understand.

The elven corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Shinann says, "Looking for Rysus, it appears."

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. You see the Rook slumped against a wall as the white cloaked figure slams his metal fist over and over into his face, shattering his nose and breaking his jaw. The white figure then spins and in a blur of motion a sword of black slices the Rook's side open and the white cloaked figure vanishes."

With all of the foot traffic and movements, someone accidentally knocks over some dirt and reveals a prism laying on the ground.

You pick up a white gear-covered prism.

You glance dubiously at the gear-covered prism in your hand.

Thrassus nods.

Dinaden exclaims, "What luck!"

Earthdiver turns to you and cheers!

Cruxophim grins at you.

>turn my pris

Holding the gear-covered prism in your hands, you turn a small gear at the top and a faint clicking sound emanates from within the gear-covered prism. Wisps of steam shoot out from the sides of the gear-covered prism as it heats up.

Dreuntar says, "Wow, magical."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Earthdiver says, "To think, we probably almost stepped on it."

Madmountan sighs.

The gear-covered prism you are holding hisses loudly and flares brightly!

Thrassus says, "Didn't even give the fellow a chance to answer before killing him."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to a bloodied elven corpse that you don't understand.

The elven corpse seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song.

Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

You offer your gear-covered prism to Stormyrain, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Cruxophim can offer you only a blank expression.

Speaking to you, Dinaden says, "Gently."

The gear-covered prism you are carrying explodes, savagely tearing apart your body!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 40 points of damage!

Strike through eye, Irar is lobotomized!

Irar drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 35 points of damage!

Awesome shot shatters spine and punctures lung!

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 40 points of damage!

Strike punctures thigh and shatters femur!

Jiarine screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

Some black leather scalemail partially deflects the onslaught of the puncture attack.

... 35 points of damage!

Strike to left arm cleanly severs it at the shoulder!

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 21 points of damage!

Impressive shot shatters wrist!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 35 points of damage!

Awesome shot shatters ribs and punctures lung!

She is stunned!

Raelee fades into view!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 21 points of damage!

Deft strike to the back cracks vertebrae!

She is knocked to the ground!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 35 points of damage!

Blow shatters knee and severs lower leg!

Chaoswynd screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 31 points of damage!

Strike to abdomen skewers Puptilian quite nicely!

Puptilian drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 28 points of damage!

Blow shatters knee and severs lower leg!

Stormyrain screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 35 points of damage!

Blow shatters knee and severs lower leg!

Dinaden screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 31 points of damage!

Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, Huebald makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!

* Huebald drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 15 points of damage!

Well placed strike to back shatters vertebrae!

She is knocked to the ground!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 40 points of damage!

Strike pierces temple and kills Shinann instantly!

Shinann drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 40 points of damage!

Strike to wrist severs right hand!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 24 points of damage!

Blow shatters knee and severs lower leg!

Evia screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

She is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 35 points of damage!

Strike clean through neck, what a shot! Good form!

Dreuntar drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 19 points of damage!

Slash across back of hand, tendons sliced!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 45 points of damage!

Strike to the eye penetrates skull, ocular fluid sprays widely!

Thrassus drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 45 points of damage!

Strike to wrist severs left hand quite neatly!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 28 points of damage!

Strike to right arm cleanly severs it at the shoulder!

Ulkov drives his low steel pavis into the ground and props himself up!

He is stunned!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 50 points of damage!

Incredible shot impales a kidney. Too painful to even scream.

Arnylon drops dead at your feet!

Dozens of sharp pieces of metal strike and cause terrible pain!

... 14 points of damage!

Shot pierces a wrist!

He is stunned!

As the wave of sharp metal shards strikes the coppery barn owl, great infliction ensues!

As the wave of sharp metal shards strikes the fire wyrdling, great infliction ensues!

As the wave of sharp metal shards strikes the lilac-pointed kitten, great infliction ensues!

As the wave of sharp metal shards strikes the fire wyrdling, great infliction ensues!

As the wave of sharp metal shards strikes the red-necked falcon, great infliction ensues!

The ghostly voice of Thrassus says, "Well."

You casually say, "That maybe wasn't my best idea."

The ghostly voice of Arnylon says, "Not so magical."

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The underground tunnel twists sharply here, turning right before a dirt-packed wall broken up by jagged rocks. Faint light glows from both ends of the passage. You also see a pale-faced coppery barn owl, the fiery red Kapik disk, a red-eyed fire wyrdling, a tiny angular lilac-pointed kitten, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Earthdiver disk, a rugged felt kirtle, a small red-necked falcon, the bloodstained Madmountan disk with scuffed and dented sides and a bloodied elven corpse.

Also here: the body of Irar who is lying down, a stunned Kapik who is lying down, a stunned Jiarine who is lying down, a stunned Dhuul who is lying down, a stunned Mayor Cruxophim, a stunned Marijka, a stunned Magister Raelee who is lying down, a stunned Chaoswynd who is lying down, the body of Puptilian who is lying down, a stunned Stormyrain who is lying down, a stunned Dinaden who is lying down, the body of Great Lord Huebald who is lying down, a stunned Lady Alasatia who is lying down, the body of Shinann who is lying down, a stunned Rhayveign, a stunned Dame Evia who is lying down, the body of Dreuntar who is lying down, a stunned Earthdiver, the body of Lord Thrassus who is lying down, a stunned Xannorath, a stunned Relic Hunter Ulkov, the body of Arnylon who is lying down, Marshal Madmountan

Obvious exits: northeast, west

Madmountan snickers.

You beseech Tilamaire for some divine assistance.

Your spirit is tugged by the familiar sound of lutes and lyres joining into a lively chorus of your favorite traveling song. You watch as an ethereal band of merry minstrels strides towards you. Their movements are filled with song and laughter, and as they pass you they lightly caress your lifeless body. Everywhere they touch suddenly feels vibrant and alive; the feeling lingers with you long after they disappear from sight.

You get an increased feeling of well being.

You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

The ghostly voice of Irar says, "Brilliant."

[amidst raising the fallen]

The ghostly voice of Puptilian says, "Ok let's go over this while we wait. When something that can blow up you never just pick it up."

Madmountan says, "Saw that coming."

Speaking incredulously to you, Marijka asks, "What were you thinking?"

Cruxophim wryly warns, "Hold on."

Jiarine says, "Nicely done."

Speaking embarrassedly to Marijka, you exclaim, "I was trying to get a closer look!"

You flail your arms about.

The ghostly voice of Irar says, "Well, there goes the prism."

Speaking to you, Dinaden says, "That would be a hefty fine if we were upstairs you know."

You grin crookedly at Dinaden.

Speaking hopefully to Cruxophim, you ask, "Bit of healing so I can start fixing this, ah--mess?"

Speaking apologetically to Shinann, you say, "Very sorry about that..."

You gaze heavenward.

The ghostly voice of Shinann says, "Not your fault."

You embarrassedly say, "Well, it kind of was. But... ignorance, sure. An excuse."

The ghostly voice of Thrassus says, "They seem to be rather touchy."

The ghostly voice of Puptilian says, "No anger from me as long as a lesson learned."

You mention, "I'll cover everyone's favor with Lorminstra if you ask me later, after--you know, after all this botched investigating tonight is done with."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Evia says, "Lesson....I am not even sure what happened."

The ghostly voice of Irar says, "Okay, so don't turn the gears on them. Check."

Earthdiver says, "Now we definitely know for sure that the prisms are explosives."

You curiously ask, "Had we seen prisms like these before?"

Earthdiver says, "I was still on the fence about that."

Dinaden says, "Perhaps someone is providing high quality support to the vigilante."

Thrassus asks, "Perhaps there is another one buried here?" [nope, I think poor Kenstrom gave up on us by this point (unless killing us off _was_ the goal all along, in which case awesome job well done and I got a great laugh out of it that made my evening <3)]

Stormyrain asks, "There's a third body somewhere?"

You sheepishly enthuse, "And again, very sorry about all this!"

You gaze heavenward.

You sigh.

Madmountan says, "There's a group of bodies somewhere."

Madmountan asks, "We found those yet?"

You ruefully say, "Really didn't want to be part of even more death..."

Speaking to you, Dhuul says, "Hindsight'd say the gears shoulda tipped you off."

Stormyrain looks over at Madmountan and shakes her head.

Stormyrain says, "Aside from the ones here, no."

Madmountan says, "Lemme look."

Marshal Madmountan's group just went northeast.

Speaking sheepishly to Dhuul, you explain, "I was trying to get a closer look but... turned it the wrong way..."

Speaking to you, Thrassus says, "No worries, you did not know they were so sensitive."

You bury your face in your hands.

Evia says, "So the lesson is, don't handle potential death bombs at all."

Evia chuckles.

The ghostly voice of Irar asks, "I think Archales got it, right?"

Puptilian says, "If he did, as he works with the Rooks I am not so sure we'll get a real answer to it."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "Find Madmountan, he's with the other corpses."

[Irar is the last to be raised, then it's travel time]



Rook Corpses, Case #3: Crimson Orbs

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Empty wooden crates line an entire wall of the tunnel, discolored labels marking them as property of the Wehnimer's Landing Museum. Because of the partial blockade of chests, the passageway is narrower here. You also see some burnt corpses.

>look corp

The corpses are a mass of melted flesh and seared bones. Most of them still appear humanoid, perhaps a mix of humans, half-elves and elves. Some light armor and weapons have been melted from heat as well, some fused to their skin, others warped uselessly near their bodies.

Earthdiver says, "Someone could try disarming a prism, if we find another...somewhere far away."

Sorrenn says, "I understand Leafiara "disarmed" the last one."

Speaking flatly to Sorrenn, you say, "Yes."

Earthdiver says, "That is one way to disarm a prism."

Dhuul says, "It's no longer armed, aye."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to some burnt corpses that you don't understand. The burnt corpses seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song. Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Speaking to Sorrenn, Ulkov says, "Oh yea, sure."

Ulkov laughs!

Arnylon says, "We're assuming the he that was meant is Rysus. It may not be."

Cruxophim nonchalantly remarks, "This 'Spirit of Rone' is killing the town's own citizens. Some hero."

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. Some scruffy men sit around a long wooden table, chuckling as they toss back drinks and roll dice and bicker. Behind them are crates labeled with various imperial crests, and one man slowly begins to try to paint over them. In the distance, two other men play darts, standing not far from a rack where hangs some dark hooded cloaks and steel-beaked masks."

Speaking regretfully to Cruxophim, you say, "I kinda liked him up until this point."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Marijka says, "Vigilantes killing criminals is one thing. A war in the streets is quite another. This cannot be allowed to go on."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "Don't call him Rone. Belittles the name."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to some burnt corpses that you don't understand. The burnt corpses seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song. Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Sorrenn says, "It has escalated too far."

Earthdiver says, "I think that is part of the strategy."

Stormyrain says, "Your vision blurs and colors melt away. Suddenly, a door explodes inward into a thousand wooden splinters. The men playing dice and darts spring to their feet, weapons in hand as ethereal mist swirls up into view outside of the doorway. A humanoid figure reaches into he folds of his white longcoat and removes a crimson glass sphere, turning it before throwing it into the room. Just as a wave of fire erupts from the orb, the white figure vanishes in a puff of smoke."

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim agrees, "I have a few other choice names for him."

Earthdiver says, "Fire orbs. Hm."

You curiously venture, "Should we offer Rysus sanctuary? Protection in the barracks maybe?"

Thrassus says, "So, he has orbs as well."

Arnylon says, "Hmm. Not the prisms, but a crimson orb."

Stormyrain sings something in Guildspeak to some burnt corpses that you don't understand. The burnt corpses seems to respond to the magic of Stormyrain's song. Stormyrain blinks, staring off into the distance.

Speaking to you, Puptilian says, "He is a wanted man."

Ulkov asks, "This ghost.. where does he get such wonderful toys?"

Speaking wryly to you, Cruxophim disagrees, "No."

Stormyrain says, "Same..simply repeating."

Marijka says, "Offer him sanctuary in a cell."

Irar says, "Archales said the loresong on the prism yielded no helpful information."

Subarashi asks, "Protection until his date with the rope, you mean, Leafi?"

Speaking to Ulkov, Thrassus says, "Probably stolen."

Earthdiver asks, "From Walkar, right?"

You suspiciously say, "He's sure showed up in the mayor's office a lot for a wanted man. I actually didn't know that." [OOC note: I always figured the reason our militia characters (except Hap) never made any moves to arrest Rysus despite his many visits in town is that nobody could directly prove he did anything or even prove who he was since he wears a hood. Guess that's not the case!]

Subarashi says, "Well, once he faces the court, I mean."

Speaking curiously to you, Cruxophim ventures, "You didn't know he was wanted?"

Cruxophim cocks his head at you.

Speaking to Irar, Stormyrain asks, "Did they give ANY information?"

Speaking to Earthdiver, Puptilian says, "Walkar originally got the orbs but forget from where. The Rooks took several shipments."

Speaking simply to Cruxophim, you reply, "No... I didn't."

Speaking to Irar, Stormyrain says, "What he considers useful and what we do, may be very different."

You clarify, "Unless you mean by the Empire."

Cruxophim nods absently to you.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Puptilian says, "Here too."

Pinchot frankly says, "Protection in jail, from a stealthy assassin. Sounds like an easy sell. A "win win"."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "I still have several."

Stormyrain glances at a small crimson glass orb in her hand.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I still have the one Rysus delivered with my name on it."

Speaking slyly to Cruxophim, Stormyrain says, "Never know when someone may need some...encouragement."

Stormyrain glances meaningfully at Cruxophim.

Stormyrain snickers to herself.

Speaking amusedly to Stormyrain, Cruxophim chides, "Did you just threaten me?"

Cruxophim appears to be struggling to keep a straight face as he glances at Stormyrain.

Puptilian says, "It wasn't thrown at me. Handed to me."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Stormyrain says, "Yes."

Stormyrain flutters her eyelashes at Cruxophim.

Stormyrain grins crookedly.

Speaking amicably to Stormyrain, Cruxophim notes, "Oh, well... carry on, then."

Stormyrain adopts an agreeable expression.

Cruxophim leans on Stormyrain.

Madmountan says, "This is hot."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Stormyrain accuses, "Did you bathe?!"

Cruxophim sniffs, then looks down at himself thoughtfully.

Speaking slowly to Stormyrain, Cruxophim mutters, "At some point."

Off in other tunnels, some dark cloaked figures slip out of hiding to drag off the dead.

Shinann says, "Should we leave the bodies for the Rooks to take care of or call some guards? I am not sure they will return here."

Shinann says, "Oh."

Madmountan exclaims, "Look at that! They clean up their own!"

Shinann says, "I see that."

Speaking calmly to Shinann, Cruxophim notes, "Seems like the Rooks have most of them already."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian asks, "I will mention after the first few deaths you were not as interested in dealing with this Shadow. Now that it's gotten this bad will you now put a bit more effort into it?"

Cruxophim peers quizzically at Puptilian.

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim wonders, "What are you talking about?"

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim clarifies, "Who ever said I wasn't interested in dealing with him? I'll have his head on a pike, if he ever bothers to show himself."

Madmountan says, "Killing the Ghost sure is gonna be satisfying."

Madmountan drools.

Puptilian asks, "Just an observation that you seem to feel that the first deaths were warranted and I mentioned that it was still against the law. Are we now fully invested in dealing with this?"

You casually say, "I'm fully invested in it now, at least."

Speaking to Madmountan, Ulkov says, "I dunno.. think I'd like a nice slow.. interrogation, first."

Talonhawke quietly says, "The man is cleaning up our garbage, we should leave gifts."

Earthdiver says, "The nature of vigilantism is that it eventually leads to mistakes."

Speaking to you, Irar says, "I'm not sure if that last one was technically murder, actually."

You thoughtfully inquire, "Though I do wonder... is this in our jurisdiction?"

Shinann says, "Technically, none of the deaths down here are illegal."

You ask, "These tunnels?"

You nod at Shinann.

You absently say, "Right... right."

Earthdiver says, "The courts make mistakes, and they are many and experienced."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "If there isn't anything left to learn from the body I guess we should go and let them bury their dead."

Madmountan says, "Bah, who cares about jurisdiction. This is personal."

Madmountan grins evilly.

Stormyrain nods at Puptilian.

Stormyrain says, "I agree."

You nod in agreement at Madmountan.

Cruxophim nods understandingly at Puptilian.

Speaking seriously to Madmountan, you assure, "I'm with ya."



Afterdiscussion: Jurisdiction, Law, and the Landing's Next Steps

Speaking to you, Madmountan says, "And I can say that because he actually attacked me."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a mushy black door, a mound of snow, a dark green wreath interwoven with glistening black roots hanging from the doors of Moot Hall and a large purple wooden barrel.

Speaking calmly to Puptilian, Cruxophim clarifies, "This will not do, you are correct."

Speaking nonchalantly to Madmountan, you say, "He didn't attack me personally, but this was too many of our citizens at once with no proof of what they did... so it's personal to me in a way."

The coppery barn owl hoots at Cruxophim.

Puptilian says, "I know many roll their eyes when I say this but I'll say it again. There are reasons we have laws and should enforce them. Reasons like the many deaths including tonight."

Subarashi asks, "Wait, I thought this wasn't illegal?"

Speaking calmly to Puptilian, Cruxophim agrees, "I have never disagreed with that statement, to be clear. The laws are the laws for a reason."

Shinann ponders.

Puptilian says, "Us killing this person will not stop this. We need to capture and bring to justice."

Sorrenn says, "Laws keep the honest people safe."

Nehor amusedly sneers, "Justice."

Speaking amusedly to Puptilian, Cruxophim disagrees, "I dunno, unless it's actually a ghost of some sort then I'd think killing him would stop it well enough."

Nehor indifferently adds, "What do any of you know of Justice?"

Subarashi asks, "If what he does down in the tunnels needs to be addressed, so does the rest of what goes on there, yes?"

Puptilian says, "This was no ghost. It's a person of some type."

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim mutters, "Then we'd have to salt and burn the body, such trouble."

Madmountan says, "He appears to be acting alone still. Not sure I agree. Unless you are saying it would martyr him."

Sorrenn says, "I'd argue learning the motivations would be important in deciding what to do."

You nonchalantly remark, "The deaths there might not have been against the law, but... if I wanted to be bound by the law, I would have joined the militia. I act on my conscience."

Dreuntar says, "I'm confused. A question if I might."

Nehor quotes, "A law that cannot be enforced might as well not exist."

Speaking calmly to you, Cruxophim remarks, "At the end of the day, most do."

Subarashi asks, "So now that he's attacking the town's organized crime, something must be done?"

You add, "Which isn't to say that Stormy and Shinann aren't two of the people I look up to in town most--precisely because I couldn't do what they do."

Speaking to you, Puptilian says, "I have always considered the burrows as part of the town and to be honest the explosions I am sure damaged structures and items above ground so laws were broken."

Dreuntar asks, "Are the tunnels subject to the laws of the city?"

Evia says, "Guess not."

Speaking thoughtfully to Puptilian, you admit, "That's a pretty good point. I'll think about that."

Speaking amusedly to Irar, Marijka asks, "Do you hear that? We've been deemed to know nothing about justice. I suppose I shall have to submit my resignation, then. Do you think I need to send it to Koar directly, wait for the Prelate, or can I leave it on your desk for your successor?"

Cruxophim calmly says, "No."

Shinann says, "Does not matter. The crimes in town are illegal."

Dreuntar says, "If they are not, what right did Shinann have to demand something found down there as evidence."

Dreuntar says, "Just something to ponder."

Sorrenn says, "Doing the wrong thing for the right reason can blur the line of morality."

Sorrenn nods at Marijka.

Speaking impishly to Marijka, Nehor quips, "Quicker the better. Best time to let someone competent fill your role."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Shinann says, "I was trying to get it out of the hands of a crazy person."

Sorrenn says, "As well as the reciprocal of that statement."

Speaking to Shinann, Dreuntar says, "Then you should have represented yourself in an unofficial capacity I would imagine rather than attempt to place the weight of your position behind your demand."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Dinaden says, "I think it would have just been logical to allow inspection of the device. To be fair a lot of people, titled or otherwise wanted the same thing."

Madmountan says, "Shoot, the only thing I wish Shinann woulda done different is shoot that arrow herself."

Madmountan snickers.

A droopy-eyed tan bloodhound wanders out of Moot Hall.

Speaking hopefully to a droopy-eyed tan bloodhound, you inquire, "Can you track down the vigilante, Winston?"

Speaking to Dinaden, Dreuntar says, "Oh I definitely think allowing inspection would have been the right thing to do. But demanding it be turned over as evidence and she had no right to hold onto it seemed a bit over the top. Merely my opinion. It is sad when people overstep their authority."

Speaking to a droopy-eyed tan bloodhound, you muse, "Maybe if we catch a piece of his cloak or something?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Archales says, "I would like a word in private when you next have office hours. I didn't like the way I saw adventurers turning on fellow townsfolk tonight."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Shinann says, "It is evidence technically since it appears the same person committed crimes in town and down there... and they were illegal up here."

Shinann says, "So I did not misrepresent anything."

Speaking to Archales, Albanus says, "Depends on who attacked first, the Rooks or the adventurers."

Speaking seriously to Archales, you agree, "The many Rooks slain... it's very troubling."

Shinann asks, "Anything else?"

Shinann gazes at Dreuntar.

Speaking to Shinann, Dreuntar says, "And if the same person did something in Kharam Dzu and an item was found, you'd demand, due to your authority in town here, that it be turned over? They'd laugh at you. As she appeared in essence to have done this evening."

Irar says, "I still want to know why they stabbed me in the gut. Bloody Rooks, I didn't attack them."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Shinann says, "And now you are being ridiculous."

Shinann says, "So, I am done."

Speaking to Irar, Dinaden says, "Fog of battle perhaps Deacon. Close quarters, dimly lit and a lot of chaos."

Speaking to Shinann, Dreuntar says, "Yes, at times logic can seem ridiculous."

Speaking calmly to Dreuntar, Cruxophim suggests, "Lay off the Captain."

Albanus sarcastically says, "Oh no, criminals killed by a criminal, what a tragic occurrence."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus says, "That's the general mood, aye."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dreuntar says, "I'm not laying off or on anyone. Merely stating that the tunnels are not bound by Wehnimer's Law."

Archales asks, "The vigilante left behind two corpses, how many did the rest of that mob kill?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus asks, "But for some, it's different now that they're Rooks?"

Speaking wryly to Albanus, Cruxophim remarks, "Isn't that kind of the way of things?"

Speaking to Archales, Ulkov says, "Eh.. actually, there was a bit more than two.."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus says, "I noticed some weren't up in arms over Rusty or the Clerk, but now that it's The Rooks? Katey bar the door."

Speaking evenly to Archales, Stormyrain says, "It would have been less had you not been singing song of noise through the area repeatedly. I could not gather my song enough to create a peaceful song as a result."

Cruxophim calmly reminds, "It's a bit of a grey area, speaking jurisdictionally."

Speaking wryly to Albanus, Cruxophim counters, "Well, it was a -lot- of Rooks."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Fahlo asks, "Pardon my ignorance, do you know why the burrows were constructed?"

Evia says, "Well then, lets proclaim ourselves a province or a county or whatnot and get a sheriff to be in charge of "questionable" jurisdictional bits."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Archales says, "I sang peace first, someone broke it so I resorted to noise."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus says, "I just find it amusing how opinions quickly turn depending on who is being killed."

Subarashi says, "We certainly killed a lot of slavers the other night."

Speaking to Albanus, you note, "The loresongs didn't reveal any evildoings of the Rooks tonight, unlike Rusty and others."

Madmountan asks, "Smuggling maybe?"

Speaking to you, Albanus says, "Well, they're Rooks. Organized crime."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Archales says, "I also walked in after the battle had started, and no one else seemed concerned with stopping the fighting."

Speaking to Fahlo, Puptilian says, "The Rooks built them to quietly access parts of the town. The Lich king expanded them and afterwards we all use them to travel."

Speaking to Evia, Ulkov exclaims, "I like this idea. Madmountan for provincial sherr'f 2018!"

Speaking nonchalantly to Albanus, Cruxophim agrees, "Such is not unusual."

Speaking to Fahlo, Dreuntar says, "I don't keep track of every bit of construction. The reason they were constructed doesn't really matter to me. The law does."

Speaking to Archales, Stormyrain says, "I came in after that; when I tried to sing it I couldn't."

Speaking to you, Albanus says, "The key word being crime."

Stormyrain says, "Some get blood lust, this is true."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus says, "I have witnessed such."

Speaking measuredly to Albanus, you say, "The group, but nothing of the individuals. Nothing proven, anyway."

Roblar mutters 5118.

Speaking calmly to Fahlo, Cruxophim agrees, "Aye, the Burrow Way tunnels were largely used by smugglers, not taken into consideration initially when zoning laws."

Speaking to you, Albanus asks, "I wonder, if he didn't find Rysus, will he question sympathizers?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pinchot says, "Conversely, if there was something above the city flying around raining death upon the city, aiming at it and trying to get it down, I'm sure would rather quickly be argued to be Wehnimer's town air-space."

Speaking casually to Albanus, you answer, "Probably."

Speaking to Dreuntar, Fahlo says, "Certainly, certainly- It was just a point of consideration, as the reason as to their construction could imply a jurisdiction... or negate one."

Speaking wryly to Albanus, you say, "If by question you mean massacre."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dreuntar says, "Thank you for the concern of the militia captain. I merely hope to keep her bullying from becoming the way of things in the Landing. Have a fair evening, mayor."

Thrassus says, "Seeing how he 'questioned' the Rooks, I'd hate to be a sympathizer if he decides to question them."

Evia says, "Whoever said this has gotten ridiculous, it is now way beyond ridiculous."

Speaking to Fahlo, Puptilian says, "As mentioned, they were built by the Rooks. It's an area in question on jurisdiction."

Albanus offendedly says, "I wonder if he knows who the sympathizers are."

Shinann asks, "I am now a bully because I wanted evidence?"

Shinann smirks.

Speaking to Evia, Nehor confides, "Far beyond. If you squint...way way off in the distance...you can juuuust see ridiculous still."

Madmountan says, "I love all this jurisdiction stuff. The Ghost doesn't care about jurisdiction. Neither should we."

You point at Madmountan.

Madmountan says, "On this topic anyway."

Speaking brightly to Madmountan, you agree, "Exactly!"

Ulkov nods in agreement at Madmountan.

Speaking to Puptilian, Fahlo asks, "Though the common usage isn't smuggling, is that correct? Citizens use them commonly for ease of transport, no?"

Subarashi says, "I think that was more about the inconsistencies in applying the law in this town."

Speaking calmly to Shinann, Cruxophim reminds, "People get heated in these situations, I shouldn't take it personally."

Speaking to Madmountan, Puptilian asks, "And have you not learned yet that when you lower yourself to their level it never turns out good?"

Madmountan grins at Puptilian.

Speaking regretfully to Subarashi, you acknowledge, "It's been a very grey area for years."

Earthdiver says, "Can I just say again that having a series of tunnels beneath the entire town is just a bad idea."

Shinann says, "Dreuntar said he did not want my bullying ways representing the militia."

Speaking to Fahlo, Puptilian says, "Now they do but this is very recent."

Shinann says, "Or the law."

Ulkov says, "Sometimes ya gotta become the enemy to defeat the enemy.."

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim reminds, "It's not turning out good as it stands."

Speaking to Puptilian, Madmountan says, "It'll turn out good when the ghost is another smear on the end of my maul."

Speaking to Shinann, Stormyrain asks, "--is he in the militia?"

Stormyrain says, "He's not in my squad."

Speaking calmly to Subarashi, Nehor informs, "As I said earlier. The only law is what you can enforce. And this town, in my admittedly brief stay, seems to enforce it...selectively."

Shinann says, "I only asked the crazy lady for that gear."

Archales says, "They only fight when idjits go down into the tunnels uninvited spoiling for a fight."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Shinann says, "Not the one trying to besmirch me."

Shinann says, "I am not worried about him."

Stormyrain says, "Everyone has an opinion."

You jest, "So much for not much news before our next Town Hall in three nights."

Speaking soothingly to Shinann, Nehor comments, "Worry not for the words of fools. They mock, but they shall mourn."

You gaze up into the heavens.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian asks, "You know that old saying about leading a horse to water?"

Cruxophim laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement from you.

Madmountan cackles at you!

You grin crookedly.

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "Yes, but I also know the one about those touched by Zelia."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian asks, "What if I want to drown the horse?"

Speaking to Puptilian, Fahlo says, "I guess it's a question as to whether or not the way they have been used recently, that is, in recent years, is grounds for an extension of jurisdiction."

Speaking to Nehor, Shinann says, "I am not worried. Thank you, however."

Speaking calmly to Fahlo, Cruxophim offers, "Something I'm considering in light of the defensive constructions we'll be doing."

Speaking to Fahlo, Puptilian says, "That is up to the judge and council to decide and as we have had a hard four or so years it's not come up of late. I'm sure it will eventually."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Tyrrah asks, "Need a quill?"

Shinann lifts her shoulders in a small shrug, her expression doing very little to hide her complete and utter disdain for Tyrrah.

Evia says, "There is an agenda? I am so behind on ...things since two days ago."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Albanus asks, "Was any information gained from the Rooks, alive or dead?"

You observe, "Such in-fighting tonight..."

Nehor incredulously asks, "Talking? You expect this group to do anything else than bash away with whatever they have on hand?"

Speaking to Albanus, Irar says, "Seemed like the vigilante was beating them to find Rysus."

Speaking calmly to Albanus, Cruxophim answers, "From my knowledge? Only through loresongs, couldn't tell you what the vigilante found out."

Nehor continues, "No attempt was made at dialogue. The only language folks speak here is violence."

Speaking to Irar, Albanus says, "I'm not sure how effective that would be, but I bet he was having fun."

Speaking to Puptilian, Fahlo says, "Sounds as though there is good argument for both sides."

Shinann nods.

Puptilian agrees with Fahlo.

Cruxophim nods in agreement at Fahlo.

Speaking to Fahlo, Puptilian says, "Very much so."