Difference between revisions of "Cobbling"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Cobbling''' is an artisan guild skill that allows a character to make footwear. Items made using this system weigh 2lbs and hold a [[Inspect#Clothing_and_Containers|very small amount]] with enough space for a couple of items (two) and cannot be [[Lightening|lightened]] nor [[Deepening|deepened]].
'''Cobbling''' is an artisan guild skillthat allows a character to make footwear. Items made using this system weigh 2lbs and hold a [[Inspect#Clothing_and_Containers|very small amount]] with enough space for a couple of items (two) and cannot be [[Lightening|lightened]] nor [[Deepening|deepened]].
==Cobbling workshop locations==
==Cobbling workshop locations==
Revision as of 22:41, 11 November 2019
Cobbling is an artisan guild skill that allows a character to make footwear. Items made using this system weigh 2lbs and hold a very small amount with enough space for a couple of items (two) and cannot be lightened nor deepened.
- 1 Cobbling workshop locations
- 2 Joining the Guild
- 3 Supplies
- 3.1 Patterns
- 3.2 Materials
- 3.2.1 Mist Harbor Materials
- 3.2.2 Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Winter)
- 3.2.3 Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Spring)
- 3.2.4 Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Summer)
- 3.2.5 Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Fall)
- 3.2.6 Wehnimers Landing Materials
- 3.2.7 Icemule Trace Materials
- 3.2.8 Glimaerstone Heel
- 3.2.9 The Elven Sole
- 3.2.10 Ta'Illistim Materials
- 3.2.11 Marshtown Materials
- 3.3 Dyes
- 3.4 Other supplies
- 4 Progressing
- 5 Resources
Cobbling workshop locations
There are six cobbling workshops. They are:
- In Wehnimer's Landing: in the warehouse on the east side of town.
- In River's Rest, on South River Road, just outside of town, in the patio entrance.
- In Cysaegir, in the The Cobbler's Cobby near the furrier.
- In Kharam Dzu, at the Teras Isle's Cobblers' Co-Operative in a single story stone building at the corner of Imflass and Dragonstail.
- In Zul Logoth, at D.H. Cobbling Outlet in a squat stone building in the Sapphire Tunnel.
- In Mist Harbor, in the Eastern Harbor in an enormous warehouse on Cormorant Lane.
- In Ta'Vaalor, in the large limestone warehouse on Aethenireas Wey.
Joining the Guild
Find the foreman and ask him about joining. The foreman is the master cobbler of the guildhall, and among his responsibilities is that of teaching new cobblers. When asked about joining, he will demonstrate the first pattern, how to make a basic pair of shoes.
>ask foreman about joining "Ah, so you'd like to take up the trade of the cobbler, would you?" the foreman says to you. "Not an easy task, becoming a master cobbler, but everyone needs shoes, and some people even appreciate good ones." The foreman pauses for a moment before continuing, "First things first. Start off with the registrar, who can set you up with a book to hold your cobbling patterns. Since you're just learning, we'll start you off with the basic shoe pattern. It looks like this:" The foreman spreads a piece of leather on his worktable and, holding a piece of chalk in his hand, gazes at his pattern book and copies the lines onto the leather. He produces a measuring cord and presses it down on the leather, its small beads leaving distinct marks on the soft surface. Drawing from his boot a small knife, apparently made just for this purpose, the foreman carefully cuts out the pieces of the pattern he has drawn on the leather. He picks them up and studies them momentarily, finally nodding in satisfaction. "So, that's how to cut out the pieces for the upper. Repeat the process for the leather of the sole, and you'd then put them on a form in one of the workshops and JOIN the pieces together," he explains. "When you're ready for a workshop, just ask me about one." As the foreman turns back to his work, he pauses for a moment to say, "Oh, and you'll find all the supplies you'll need in the storage area. If you prefer to work with your own pelts, you'll need to see the tanner at the town furrier." Roundtime: 20 sec.
To get a book to hold the patterns, find the registrar. A book costs 2000 silvers. ASK the registrar about book, and then GIVE the note to the registrar and they will give you a book. The registrar will also give you new or replacement patterns, keeping track of those you have learned. (The registrar will also keep track of the individualized hallmarks of master cobblers, once these are developed.)
All registrars have the basic four patterns available: shoes, boots, slippers and sandals. Each will also have a selection of other patterns for more advanced cobblers. You can see what patterns are available in a particular guildhall by flipping through the book of patterns in the registrar's office. You can specify a page number (FLIP PATTERN 2), or just flip to the next page (FLIP PATTERN).
To use a pattern, you will need to have a copy of it in your book. Each basic pattern costs 200 silvers while more advanced patterns costs 1000 silvers. Patterns will last between 40 and 70 uses. To select a pattern, flip the registrar's book of patterns open to the pattern you want, and TAP it. Then ask the registrar about patterns to have the pattern put in your book. This must be done in quick succession.
>flip pattern 6 You flip through the book of patterns to page 6, which contains the pattern for a pair of shoes. This pattern is familiar to you. >tap pattern You tap the pattern for a pair of shoes found in an oversized book of patterns. Tamariya glance over at you expectantly. >ask lass about pattern Tamariya consults a large tome, scanning long columns of names before finally settling on one entry. After a moment, she looks up and nods her head, saying, "Yes, that'll be fine. Just give me a note for 200 silvers, and I'll set you up with that." >give note to lass You hand Tamariya your book of patterns, who takes it and opens the binding. She scans the labels on various drawers, finally opening one and pulling out a sheet of heavy vellum, which she inserts into your book. Tamariya closes the book of patterns, dusts it off quickly, and hands it back to you, saying "Enjoy!" Tamariya accepts your note, tucks it away in a lockbox, and writes out a replacement note for 178743 silvers in perfect, though cramped calligraphy. Roundtime: 5 sec.
Cobbling novices can only get the basic patterns added to their book of patterns, and only those taught by the foreman. Asking about patterns not taught by the foreman gives the message "You need to learn the basic patterns before you can work with an advanced pattern like that."
Once you are past the novice stage, you will be able to choose to learn a new pattern from time to time. Master cobblers can know as many as 50 additional patterns, in addition to the basic four.
- Available patterns
Shoes require at least an "upper" piece of leather, hide or cloth. Not using a second piece of material (leather) for the sole significantly reduces the quality of the shoe and skips an opportunity to gain an Aha, or a rank more skilled in cobbling. Each cobbling attempt fully uses up the piece or pieces of leather used.
LOOKing at a piece of material will indicate which pattern(s) it works for (update July 2014).
There are two ways to obtain materials for cobbling:
- Bring pelts (hides, etc.) skinned from creatures to the tanner in town. In Wehnimer's Landing, Kharam Dzu, and River's Rest, the tanner is located in the furrier's shop. In Cysaegir, you will find the tanner downstairs from the storage room in the guildhall. In Mist Harbor and Ta'Vaalor, the tanner is also in the cobbling warehouse. If you GIVE your pelt to the tanner, she will assess its suitability and ask you some questions about how you want the pelt tanned. The lowest quality tanning process is cheapest and quickest, but will markedly detract from the quality of the finished cobbled goods.
- The three curing processes are:
- Oak: Cost is 50 silvers and takes 7 days
- Alum: Cost is 400 silvers and takes 10 days
- Oil: Cost is 800 silvers and takes 14 days
- The quality of the tanned leather depends on the quality of the pelt. When trying to produce best-quality shoes, seek out skilled skinners who can provide magnificent pelts.
- Leather, hide and cloth can be purchased from the storage room in the guildhalls. The supplies there are ready to use, but they are more expensive than having the tanner tan a pelt. Although there is a range of pelt qualities available, none are as good as a top-grade pelt tanned using the best tanning process.
- Gem settings for adornments can be made with the small (material) pouches sold in each warehouse cobbling shop. Place four identical gems in the pouch to get specific color settings of that type of gem (e.g. green sapphire settings), or place four of any color of a type of gem to get colorless settings (e.g. sapphire settings). Give the pouch to a gem dealer in a town gemshop to receive the settings.
|Landing||River's Rest||Cysaegir||Kharam Dzu||Zul Logoth||Mist Harbor||Icemule Trace||Ta'Vaalor|
|Uppers||a tanned thrak hide||a tanned rat pelt||a tanned goat skin||a tanned rat pelt||a tanned rolton hide||a bolt of canvas||a snowcat pelt||a square of leather|
|a tanned spotted leaper||a tanned troll hide||a tanned sheep skin||a tanned troll chieftain skin||a tanned orc hide||a bolt of oilcloth||a tanned spotted leaper pelt||a bolt of silk|
|a tanned black boar hide||a tanned black panther pelt||a tanned black boar hide||a tanned iguana skin||a tanned cave lizard skin||a tanned black boar hide|
|a tanned white puma hide||a tanned antelope hide||a tanned leopard skin||a tanned pyrothag hide||a tanned wormling skin||a tanned white puma hide|
|a tanned panther hide||a tanned rattlesnake skin||a tanned warthog hide||a tanned tsark skin||a tanned troll zombie skin||a tanned panther hide|
|a tanned dark panther||a tanned crocodile hide||a tanned tawny brindlecat hide||a tanned triton magus hide||a tanned undertaker bat skin||a tanned dark panther hide|
|Soles||some light tanned leather|
|some medium tanned leather|
|some heavy tanned leather|
Mist Harbor Materials
1. a length of knotted cord 7. some light tanned leather 2. a short cutting knife 8. some medium tanned leather 3. a wedge of greyish violet chalk 9. some heavy tanned leather 4. a small linen pouch 10. a set of braided linen laces 5. a bolt of canvas 44. some lush marabou down 6. a bolt of oilcloth Backroom Catalog ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 11. a bolt of ultra-fine chainsil 31. a set of tiny pearl settings 12. a bolt of saffron chainsil 32. a set of ivory settings 13. a bolt of cobalt blue chainsil 33. a set of pale sapphire settings 14. a bolt of Vornavian silk 34. a set of green pearl settings 15. a bolt of lavender silk 35. a set of blue sea glass settings 16. a bolt of aubergine silk 36. a set of sunset garnet settings 17. a bolt of tight-weave linen 37. a set of thunderhead settings 18. a bolt of misty grey linen 38. a set of cream pearl settings 19. a bolt of viridian linen 39. a set of scrimshawed settings 20. a bolt of jewel-sheened organza 40. a set of tortoise shell settings 21. a bolt of textured organza 41. some shark's teeth 22. a bolt of chocolate brown organza 42. some parrot feathers 23. a tanned rainbow snake skin 43. some tattered netting 24. a prepared shark skin 45. a vial of argent dye 25. a prepared eel skin 46. a vial of heather grey dye 26. a prepared manta ray skin 47. a vial of granite dye 27. a cured python skin 48. a vial of tangerine dye 28. a tanned black tapir pelt 49. a vial of terracotta dye 29. some prepared plush fur pelts 50. a vial of apricot dye 30. a tanned sea thrak hide
Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Winter)
In the Common language, it reads: Cobbling Supplies: On the cart: Uppers -Wood is for clogs only -Glass is for slippers only -Crystal is for spike-heeled shoes only In the cart: Adornments On the rack: Trims and Dyes
In the white teak cart:
some vaalin snowflakes some silver snowflakes a set of silver snowflake settings a set of silver iceblossom settings a set of blue frost flower settings a set of ruby rose settings a set of gold suede laces a set of green satin cords a set of red velvet ribbons a set of silver satin laces a pair of glass plates a pair of vaalin plates some soft sheepskin some velvet a piece of frosted glass a block of tigerwood a block of ebonwood a piece of sparkling crystal a length of morduska hide a length of soft doeskin a bolt of ridgeweaver silk a length of suede shearling a roll of brushed wool
On the white teak cart:
a piece of frosted glass a block of tigerwood a block of ebonwood a piece of sparkling crystal a length of morduska hide a length of soft doeskin a bolt of ridgeweaver silk a length of suede shearling a roll of brushed wool
On the blue metal rack:
a vial of sparkly silver dye a vial of chocolate dye a vial of icy blue dye a vial of burnished gold dye a vial of silvery white dye a vial of winter white dye a vial of cranberry red dye a vial of pine green dye a square of velvet a square of brocade
In the crystal bowl:
a piece of snowflake obsidian a hazy red sea glass disk a mirrored orb of hematite a shimmering nodule of marcasite a cluster of red roestone a cone of ember jasper some polished dark blue amber a crystal of silvery wraithaline a frosty pale violet pearl an inky blue smoldereye an unfaceted mistvein diamond a russet and cream moth saewehna a silvery mint green moth saewehna
Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Spring)
Cobbling Supplies: On the cart: Uppers - Lacewood and willow are for clogs only. - Glass is for slippers only. - Ebonwood is for wedge-heeled sandals only. In the cart: Adornments On the rack: Trims and Dyes
In the gem-swirled yellow teak cart you see:
Adornments a set of glazed alder square settings glazed alder square-buttoned 2750 a set of jewel cabochon settings gilt-set jewel cabochon-buttoned 2750 a set of carved onyx rose settings carved onyx rose-buttoned 2750 a set of jade coil settings serpentine jade coil-buttoned 2750 a piece of silver-gilt rope silver-gilt rope-laced 125 a set of thin copper chains thin copper chain-laced 125 a set of mauve velvet ribbons mauve velvet ribbon-laced 125 a set of pale chainsil ribbons pale chainsil ribbon-laced 125 a pair of bronze plates bronze-buckled 500 a pair of kelyn plates kelyn-buckled 500 some braided suede lace, line, trim, strap, fringe 3500 some eyelet lace lace, line, trim, strap, fringe 3500 some burnished gold spikes stud, inset, button, bead 3500 some enamel cherry blossoms stud, inset, button, bead 3500
On the gem-swirled yellow teak cart you see:
Uppers a roll of tweed 1250 a length of silk velvet 1250 a roll of sea silk 1250 a roll of floral jacquard 1250 a bolt of hand-tatted lace 1250 a block of ebonwood wedge-heeled sandals 1250 a block of willow clogs 1250 a block of lacewood clogs 1250 a piece of round-scaled glass slippers 1250
On the green metal rack you see:
Dyes and Trim a vial of pearlescent dye 5500 a vial of smoky scarlet dye 5500 a vial of beige-pink dye 5500 a vial of obsidian dye 5500 a vial of lavender-grey dye 5500 a vial of burgundy dye 5500 a vial of pale vanilla dye 5500 a vial of smoke-colored dye 5500 a square of quilted satin trim 3500 a square of fringed silk trim 3500
In the copper bowl you see:
Gems an onyx thorn 500 a hematite disk 500 a piece of muted red amber 500 a wine-dark garnet 500 a piece of green-veined marble 500 a piece of smoky blue topaz 500 a dark turquoise stone 500 a piece of smoky white jade 705 a glossy sable mekret 352 a freshwater baroque pearl 1605 a nodule of peacock jasper 2200 an ovoid of monsoon jasper 1600 a glossy pale beige mekret 1300
Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Summer)
In the Common language, it reads: Cobbling Supplies: On the cart: Uppers -Mistwood is for clogs only -Glass is for slippers only -Balsa is for wedge-heeled sandals only In the cart: Adornments On the rack: Trims and Dyes
On the blue teak cart:
a bolt of watered silk a bolt of spun cotton a bolt of satin a square of sleek calfskin a bolt of raw silk a block of mistwood a bolt of dupioni silk a piece of sea glass a block of balsa
In the blue teak cart:
a pair of mithril plates a pair of faenor plates a set of grass green cords a set of jewel mosaic settings some gold fireflies some laje ladybugs a set of mother-of-pearl settings a set of waterweb settings a set of doeskin laces a set of blue satin laces a set of yellow silk ribbons a set of pink spinel rose settings some ramie silk some chainsil
In the golden bowl:
a teardrop of green amber a purple stormcloud diamond an ovoid of lunar jasper a blue green lagoon opal a purple black thunderhead opal an irregular cluster of blue quartz a pale mistvein sapphire a mist blue sea glass disk an Alhan'aht rivertear a cluster of pink roestone a pale gold firefly saewehna an iridescent azure butterfly saewehna a fossilized sponge
On the yellow metal rack:
a vial of raspberry dye a vial of dusky rose dye a vial of blackberry dye a vial of honey dye a vial of sunny yellow dye a vial of rich lilac dye a vial of aquamarine dye a vial of sky blue dye a square of flyrsilk a square of silk
Mist Harbor Wandering Cart (Fall)
In the Common language, it reads: Cobbling Supplies: On the cart: Uppers -Cherrywood and rosewood are for clogs only -Crystal is for spike-heeled shoes only -Mistwood is for wedge-heeled sandals only In the cart: Adornments On the rack: Trims and Dyes
In the gem-studded polished teak cart you see:
Adornments a set of honey amber shard settings honey amber shard-buttoned footwear 2750 a set of autumn leaf settings topaz autumn leaf-buttoned footwear 2750 a set of indigo star settings indigo amber star-buttoned footwear 2750 a set of green pearl apple settings green pearl apple-buttoned footwear 2750 a pair of laje plates laje-buckled footwear 500 a pair of invar plates invar-buckled footwear 500 some silk lace, line, trim, strap, fringe 3500 some spidersilk lace, line, trim, strap, fringe 3500 a set of braided leather laces braided leather-laced footwear 125 a set of cream satin ribbons cream-hued satin ribbon-laced footwear 125 some jewel-toned leaves studded, inset, buttoned, beaded 3500 some golden suns studded, inset, buttoned, beaded 3500 a set of chocolate silk laces chocolate-hued silk-laced footwear 125 a set of soft suede laces soft suede-laced footwear 125
On the polished teak cart:
Uppers a block of mistwood a block of rosewood a slat of cherrywood a piece of faceted crystal a roll of glossy taffeta a length of natural linen a bolt of soft came line a bolt of paeline a bolt of soft velvet
In the teak bowl:
Gems a chalky cube of feldspar a round amber sea glass disk an oblong piece of nephrite a dark purple sunset garnet a cluster of yellow roestone an ovoid of leopard jasper a glossy sable mekret a crystal of shadowy wraithaline a midnight blue pearl a scarlet smoldereye a shifting multihued auboraline a bright orange butterfly saewehna a jewel-toned dragonfly saewehna
On the metal rack:
Trims and Dyes a square of soft sheepskin a square of suede a vial of sunset orange dye a vial of cherry red dye a vial of lemon dye a vial of inky blue dye a vial of apple green dye a vial of almond dye a vial of cream dye a vial of rose pink dye
Wehnimers Landing Materials
The 'Wehnimer's Cobbling Shop' is located on South Ring Road and sells materials and dyes:
1. a sharp cherry red cutting knife 51. a set of lacquered fel settings 2. a bone-inlaid black cutting knife 52. a set of golden mesille settings 3. a slender white cutting knife 53. a set of dark modwir settings 4. a gem-hilted cutting knife 54. a set of dull ironwood settings 5. a length of knotted cord 55. a set of blue-grey tanik settings 6. a wedge of greyish white chalk 56. a set of bleached monir settings 7. a wedge of bone white chalk 57. a set of black willow settings 8. a wedge of blood red chalk 58. a set of black ash settings 9. a wedge of pale blue chalk 59. some topaz square settings 10. some lattice laces 60. some black puma fur 11. some dirge-vaon vines 61. some matted bear fur 12. some plaited nymph hair laces 62. some mottled warcat fur 13. a bolt of rat skin 63. some rabbit fur 14. a bolt of worm skin 64. some smoky-hued coyote fur 15. a bolt of goblin skin 65. some combed wool 16. a bolt of kobold skin 66. some soft lambswool 17. a bolt of troll hide 67. some cockatrice plumes 18. a bolt of minotaur hide 68. some harrier pinions 19. a bolt of gnoll hide 69. some roa'ter teeth 20. a bolt of orc hide 70. some translucent scales 21. a bolt of velnalin hide 71. some lion hair 22. a bolt of yeti hide 72. a vial of salmon pink dye 23. a bolt of oiled leather 73. a vial of sage green dye 24. a bolt of pebbled leather 74. a vial of willow green dye 25. a bolt of scaled leather 75. a vial of aquamarine dye 26. a bolt of soft buckskin 76. a vial of royal blue dye 27. a bolt of brushed suede 77. a vial of cherry red dye 28. a bolt of striped damask 78. a vial of fiery red dye 29. a bolt of crisp taffeta 79. a vial of roan dye 30. a bolt of goat hair 80. a vial of ale brown dye 31. a bolt of woven chain mesh 81. a vial of sand-hued dye 32. a bolt of interlocked ringmail 82. a vial of sallow dye 33. a bolt of soft calfskin 83. a vial of storm grey dye 34. a bolt of brocade lace 84. a vial of jet black dye 35. a pair of kiramon chitin plates 85. a vial of sable dye 36. a pair of antique brass plates 86. a vial of lily white dye 37. a pair of nielloed silver plates 87. a vial of chalk white dye 38. a pair of mottled pewter plates 88. a vial of swan white dye 39. a pair of etched laje plates 89. a vial of ghostly white dye 40. a pair of copper plates 90. a vial of vanilla-hued dye 41. a pair of brushed mithril plates 91. a vial of azure dye 42. some striped green jasper settings 92. a vial of coppery dye 43. some faceted ruby bar settings 93. a vial of bronze dye 44. some deep lapis teardrop settings 94. a vial of topaz dye 45. some honeyed amber oval settings 95. a vial of ashen dye 46. some bloodstone cabochon settings 96. a vial of smoky blue dye 47. a set of gold thorn settings 97. a vial of taupe dye 48. a set of silver barb settings 98. a vial of mulberry dye 49. a set of silvery haon settings 99. a vial of mahogany dye 50. a set of pale mistwood settings 100. a vial of lilac dye
Icemule Trace Materials
Soles of Discretion is located in Ancient Burrow.
1. some gold-cupped rubies 8. some frosted glass snowflakes 2. a set of gold brocade ribbons 9. some spun glass pearl settings 3. some chiffon frills 10. a patch of spotted leopard fur 4. a spray of cockatrice feathers 11. some narwhal hide 5. a pair of electrum plates 12. some petrified elm knots 6. a pair of infinity knot plates 13. a pair of balenite plates 7. some carmine winterberry settings 14. some ruffled lace ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. an albino viper skin 10. some silver mesh 2. some stitched zombie skin 11. a bolt of floral jacquard 3. a green goblin skin 12. some smooth doeskin 4. a bolt of scallop-weave brocatelle 13. a bolt of moire silk 5. some faviform brocade 14. some looped silk 6. some pebbled leather 15. a bolt of striped chambray 7. some punched leather 16. a bolt of embroidered velvet 8. a bolt of cross-checkered linen 17. a bolt of soft velvet 9. a bolt of leaf-patterned damask ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. a vial of cardinal red dye 11. a vial of rainbow-flecked dye 2. a vial of honey-hued dye 12. a vial of marbled mocha dye 3. a vial of matte gold dye 13. a vial of poppy red dye 4. a vial of hunter green dye 14. a vial of turquoise dye 5. a vial of pitch black dye 15. a vial of jade green dye 6. a vial of coffee-hued dye 16. a vial of twig brown dye 7. a vial of dark sienna dye 17. a vial of terra cotta dye 8. a vial of caramel dye 18. a vial of azure dye 9. a vial of stone grey dye 19. a vial of snowy white dye 10. a vial of periwinkle dye 20. a vial of winter white dye
Glimaerstone Heel is located in the Burghal Gnome Enclave in Ta'Vaalor.
1. some brass cog settings 6. a bolt of distressed leather 2. some silver nut and bolt settings 7. a length of black rolton wool 3. some pearl settings 8. a bolt of rolton wool 4. a pair of gear-cut plates 9. a length of copper wire 5. a pair of clockwork plates Backroom Catalog ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 10. a bolt of shimmering aqilorn 11. a length of shimmering gold aqilorn
The Elven Sole
The Elven Sole is located in the large limestone warehouse on Aethenireas Wey in Ta'Vaalor.
1. a knotted black silk cord 7. a small leather pouch 2. a piece of stark white chalk 8. a set of gold-threaded cords 3. a sharp ivory-handled knife 9. a set of shiny black strings 4. some heavy tanned leather 10. a bolt of silk 5. some medium tanned leather 11. a square of leather 6. some light tanned leather 12. a small vial of dye Backroom Sign ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 13. a roll of bourde 20. a vial of burnished gold dye 14. a roll of brushed wool 21. a pair of white vaalorn plates 15. a square of kidskin 22. a pair of blackened steel plates 16. a bolt of jacquard 23. some alexandrite bars 17. a vial of crimson dye 24. some despanal charms 18. a vial of austere grey dye 25. a strip of marbled leather 19. a vial of argent dye 26. some downy cockatrice feathers
Well-Heeled is located near the Hanging Gardens in Ta'Illistim:
1. a length of blue silk cord 8. a set of silk laces 2. a length of cream silk cord 9. a bolt of velvet 3. a length of ebon silk cord 10. a bolt of silk 4. a length of crimson silk cord 11. a bolt of suede 5. a set of velvet laces 12. a bolt of leather 6. a set of suede laces 13. a pair of silver plates 7. a set of leather laces 14. a pair of gold plates Backroom Catalog ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 15. a pair of faenor plates 22. a bolt of sapphire leather 16. some raptor feathers 23. a set of black rose settings 17. some wispy grifflet down 24. a set of peacock settings 18. a bolt of umber silk 25. a set of oak leaf settings 19. a bolt of amethyst silk 26. a set of harp settings 20. a bolt of jade silk 27. a set of green glimaerstone settings 21. a bolt of sapphire silk
1. a red fox pelt
2. a curly fenghai pelt
3. a chestnut sable pelt
4. a brown coyote pelt
5. a spotted ermine pelt
Cobbling has its own set of dyes, but those found in the Dyer's locations in various towns and the dyes created through alchemy can be used on uppers. After purchasing a dye from the Dyer's tent, bring it to the clerk and ORDER BOTTLE to have it converted. These can also be used with alchemy dye additives.
It is not possible to dye cobbling materials as an apprentice or a journeyman cobbler.
In Cysaegir (and likely at other cobbling warehouses, but not the one in Mist Harbor), a vial of dye can be purchased from the backroom and customized with the following colors:
Cobblers will also need some marking chalk, a cutting knife and a measuring cord. These three items are available in the storage room in the guildhalls. The knife and cord are tools are purchased once and used for the entire cobbling career. They each cost around 5,000 silvers. The chalk is used up slowly and costs 100 per piece.
LOOKing at a measuring cord will indicate who the cord was used on. Measuring cords can also be dyed in the dyer's tents for additional organization.
A cobbling tote may be useful to store supplies.
A cobbling punch may be used to add zests to the footwear.
Novice or apprentice cobblers (fewer than 200 ranks, checkable with the ARTISAN (verb)), are tightly constrained by guild training rules. You will first start off making basic shoes, then move on to boots, and so on, until you have achieved sufficient basic skills. When you gain skill by practice, you may also be told that it's time to check in with the foreman, who will review your work and may advance you to the next stage.