Pages with this banner have been affected by development and are in various stages of update progress, but not yet complete.
EVOKE casts an alternative version of a spell from the standard CAST verb.
Many spells with an evoke version require advanced training in certain skills such as lores. Attempting to EVOKE a spell for which a character does not have the prerequisite training for the evoke version will result in the standard version of the spell being cast.
Spells Using Evoke
- With 20 ranks of Spiritual Lore, Summoning, EVOKE will cast a bolt version of the spell costing 9 mana.
- Evoke Light to cast Darkness.
- Evoking increases the maximum number of targets but makes the spell non-player friendly unless the player is converted to the same pantheon as the caster.
- With 20 ranks of Elemental Lore, Air, EVOKE will cast a bolt version of the spell.
- With 50 ranks of Elemental Lore, Air, EVOKE will cast a group version of the spell.
- EVOKE will cast a group-friendly version of the spell that will hit more targets based on Elemental Mana Control skill (# of targets = [5 + (Elemental Mana Control Skill ÷ 50)]). It can also be used with specific elements based on lore training or attunement (see spell page for full details).
- EVOKE will cast a less damaging version of the spell for 15 mana intended to disable a target. Successful hits will apply roundtime to the target during cycles.
- EVOKE at a container to attempt to grab a random item from inside.
- With 20 ranks of Sorcerous Lore, Necromancy, EVOKE will cast a bolt version of the spell.
- A self-cast version for warmages that grants +10 enhancive weapon skill bonus.
- EVOKE will give the caster 5 or more (based on Elemental Lore, Earth) self-cast charges of Tremors. STOMPing will spend a charge to cause a single round of Tremors. Each STOMP costs up to 5 mana, decreasing with Elemental Mana Control.
- With 50 ranks of Elemental Lore, Air, EVOKE will cast a group version with a two-minute duration for each member.