Elemental Lore, Earth
Pages with this banner have been affected by development and are in various stages of update progress, but not yet complete.
- Training in Earth Lore increases the AS bonus granted by this spell beginning with +1 at four ranks and maxing out with +16 at 184 ranks. Uses the Summation Chart, with four as the Seed.
- Training in Earth Lore increases the damage factor (DF) by .001 per rank for ranks 1 to 50, .001 per two ranks for ranks 51 - 100 and .001 per 4 ranks for ranks greater than 100. With 200 ranks the DF bonus is 0.100 .
- Training in Earth Lore opens up commands with this spell that are otherwise unavailable. To use Slap, Clench, and Pound on like level creatures you need to have xx, xx, and 1.8x ranks per level, respectively.
- Training in Earth Lore increases the shatter point: the amount of damage Stone Skin can absorb in a single hit without shattering.
- Training in Earth Lore allows you to hit multiple targets with a single cast of the spell. The chance for a second strike is equal to your Earth lore skill, and a third strike is equal to your Earth Lore skill - 100. Each extra strike costs an extra 5 mana.
- Despite being a Sorcerer spell, Dark Catalyst is affected only by Elemental Lores. All four Lores affect only the damage from the respective element during Dark Catalyst's cycle. It is not based on the Summation Chart.
Dark Catalyst's (719) Elemental Lore bonus is a bit convoluted. I will tell you this: at 10 ranks of the appropriate lore, it almost adds one crit rank to the relevant damage cycle, at 50 lore ranks it adds 2 crit ranks, and at 100 lore ranks it adds 3 crit ranks. It's a flat modifier and the warding margin is not a factor. If you're wanting to crit kill with Dark Catalyst, the lore benefit is pretty good, although admittedly, you don't receive much other benefit with those ranks (at least until the Elemental Lore Review for the Minor Elemental spell circle).
-GameMaster Estild ([] #16)
Earth Critical Table
- Elemental Lore
- Elemental Lore, Air
- Elemental Lore, Fire
- Elemental Lore, Water
- Lore chart (updated 2014)
- Lore Benefits Summation Chart (updated 2009)