Gswiki:Village pump/Archive 009
Welcome to the village pump, where anyone can say anything about whatever, and people can respond! Yeehaw! Remember to sign your comments by putting 4 tildes (~~~~) at the end.
Front page editing
The front page is looking a little stale, especially under the growing pains section. For instance the Ranger article is now pretty fully featured and I think it can safely be removed. In it's place might I suggest The Rift which is an article that could really benefit from expansion. (Also as an aside while I'm previewing this, it appears the 4 tilde signature is not working) 15:15, 2 September 2009 (EDT) (User:KANYDA )
- Hmm, let's test... Seemed it just now worked for me, the tilde signature. Maybe one of the SysOps may know more about it than me, though. Adam talk 17:54, 2 September 2009 (EDT)
- Maybe I'm just confused, on WP they use four tildes and two dashes and that puts the time and date and your user name. When I try it here four tildes puts just the time and date but no user name, I'll give it another shot.Drew 01:24, 3 September 2009 (EDT)
- Seems to work now, hmm. I was on another computer and using NoScript, maybe that was the culprit. 01:25, 3 September 2009 (EDT)
- I switched out The Rift page for the Ranger page, and put some links into the current featured article page...more lively? Becca 19:47, 3 September 2009 (EDT)
In recognition of the amazing dedication and effort shown to KP, I've granted MILQUETOAST full SysOp privileges. I haven't had the time to keep as close an eye on KP recently as I have in the past, but I'm going to try to pick out some more excellent contributors for promotion to SysOp. In general, being a SysOp means to can edit protected pages.
Keep up the good work, everyone. It's you all that make KP successful.
- Thanks Olliekins! I will do my best to resist turning everything neon pink, just to see if I can. Becca 07:46, 24 July 2009 (EDT)
I'd like to grant SysOp access to some individuals since the two that we have currently are no longer as active as they once were. I'd like to ask those active in the KP community, the few of you that there are, to nominate individuals who you would like to see given this level of access. I have a few individuals in mind that I've observed contributing over the last few months, but I'd really like to get everyone's opinion on the matter. Self nominations are fine, and I will even open up the opportunity for anonymous nominations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, which I will post as I receive them. To nominate, simply add a link to the individuals user page as with the example below.
- User:Anshou (example)
- Just wondering, who is already? GREYCROISSANT 10:48, 21 October 2008 (EDT)
- User:REBELAT and User:BELATHUS both have SysOp access, but they've both been pulled away from KP and can't contribute in the same capacity as they once have. Ildran and I also do some occasional SysOp/Bureaucrat related stuff, but I haven't had a ton of free time lately to do much for KP and there haven't been any particular requests for things only we can do that I've seen. I think we're a few software updates behind the current stable version of MediaWiki, which I'm hoping to take care of when I have a moment. The biggest thing that SysOps have the opportunity to do is edit the various sections of the Main Page, which has been unchanged for months now. Unfortunately, the KP community is limited to a few fairly regular contributors at a time, despite the fact that I get requests for editor status once or twice a week and then never see any contribution.
- Oliver Talk 19:18, 21 October 2008 (EDT)
Wheller Herbmaster 18:14, 23 October 2008 (EDT)
Welcome, Thank You, and Some Cleanup
I just thought I'd put forward a welcome to a number of new editors to the Krakiipedia community, and also give a thank you to those of you who continue to contribute and make KP what it is. Without you, we'd be nothing but an empty wiki.
As I noted in the news, I've updated our software, MediaWiki, to version 1.11.1. No doubt everyone will notice some shiny new features.
Also, since this page hasn't been touched in a while, I've archived its prevous content.
I've noticed that in the adventurer's category listing, not all of the adventurers are listed under the proper letters (alphabetical subcategories). GREYCROISSANT 14:11, 28 June 2008 (EDT)