Mental Mana Control
The Mental Mana Control skill serves the same purpose as Elemental Mana Control and Spiritual Mana Control; it determines the efficiency with which a player can share mana with other players via SEND (verb). Currently the Empath Pure profession, the Bard Semi profession and the Monk Square profession benefit the most from MMC, though eventually the Savant profession will as well. The maximum benefit for sharing mana is achieved at twenty-four ranks, though many casters continue to train in it to aid some of their spells, increase the rate of return of their mana, or compensate for another player's low skill. It should be noted that even at maximum efficiency, there is still approximately a 5% loss of mana during the transfer.
This skill directly increases the amount of mana gained per pulse.
- If this is your primary mana control skill, then you will receive a bonus of one mana per pulse for every ten (10) ranks. For Hybrid (multi-Realm) professions, your "primary" realm for mana control is defined as "that one--of the two of which you are a Hybrid--in which you have the most ranks of Mana Control."
- If this is your secondary mana control skill--you are a Hybrid (multi-Realm) profession and this is the Realm in which you have fewer ranks of Mana Control--then you will receive a bonus of one (1) mana per pulse for every twenty (20) ranks.
Ranks and Training Costs
|Max Ranks Per Level||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||2||-||1||1|
|Training point Cost||0/15||0/15||0/8||0/6||0/15||0/15||0/12||0/3||-||0/12||0/15|
Spells and Abilities Affected by Mental Mana Control
MANA (verb) (ability)
Determines or helps determine empath and bard MANA SPELLUP and MANA PULSE proficiency.
Determines or helps determine empath and bard multicast proficiency.
- Song of Unravelling (1013) - Affects the amount of mana recovered.
- Troubadour's Rally (1040) - Affects chance to remove stun, immobility, and web effects from the bard.
- Empathic Assault (1110) - Modifies the warding margin on successful wardings that follow a successful bolt.
- Empathic Link (1117) - Increases target limit above base of 3 by skill bonus/50.
- Sympathy (1120) - Increase target limit above base of 6 in conjunction with SMC.
- Powersink (1203) - An extra target is gained every seed 6 of (MMC skill bonus/10).
- Mental Dispel (1218) - Mana cost for removing a spell from opponent reduced by one point for every 75 skill bonus.
Scrolls and Magical Items
Characters trained mana controls to gain applicable additional benefits from spells activated by items using Magic Item Use or scrolls using Arcane Symbols will receive full benefits when the spell cast through the item/scroll is a native learned spell to the character's profession, a minor circle spell, or known through a spell knowledge enhancive item. When the spell is a major circle or unknown profession base spell, only half of the pertinent mana control ranks count toward the effect of the spell activated/invoked.