Difference between revisions of "Planar Shift (740)/saved posts"
m (update link)
m (VANKRASN39 moved page Planar Shift (740) (saved posts) to Planar Shift (740)/saved posts: saved post reorg)
Latest revision as of 22:25, 8 April 2017
Success Formula and Chalk Price UpdatesPlanar Shift (740) has received a number of updates:
1) Interrealm chalk price has been reduced from 50,000 silver to 30,000 silver.
2) Fumbling a cast of 740 will no longer result in the removal of the summoning circle.
3) The success formula for intrarealm travel now adds Sorcerous Lore, Demonology as a factor. This is strictly a bonus as the other factors in the formula have not changed their weighting in any way.
4) The success formula for intrarealm travel has had its 95% success rate cap increased to 99%. Players may still use expensive chalk for guaranteed success with intrarealm travel.
5) The success formula for interrealm travel is now identical to that of intrarealm travel. The net result is nearly all players with less than 108 ranks of Sorcerous Lore, Demonology will see their success rate with interrealm travel increase. Those with 120 ranks or more will now have a 1% fumble chance, but there is no longer a loss of the summoning circle and the critical wound dealt has been reduced significantly in severity from the previous (nearly) guaranteed fatal blow.
6) Sorcerers with at least 40 ranks in Sorcerous Lore, Demonology can attempt to intrarealm travel without a summoning circle. Simply INCANTing 740 will (attempt to) teleport the caster to where they last Planar Shifted from. Using demonic rifts without the protection of a summoning circle is incredibly risky, however, and requires twice as much skill to reduce the chance of failure as it takes with a summoning circle. The maximum success rate for intrarealm travel without a circle is 98%.
7) Due to the overall reduction in failure chance, the chance that a failure will result in unleashing an enraged demon has been increased, since when that happens, it's pretty sweet. A failed cast when no summoning circle is used has an even greater chance of summoning an enraged demon than when a summoning circle is used.
Gold Ring Function
Using SENSE PATTERN when not holding a rune book will now reset a Sorcerer's bound room for circle-less teleportation to their current room. The bound room is still set to any departure point when using 740. This means INCANT 740 (with at least 40 ranks of Demonology lore) now functions almost identically to a gold ring, where INCANTing 740 is the analog of WEARing a gold ring and SENSE PATTERN is the analog of TURNing a gold ring.
Use With Cloak of Shadows
Sorcerers with at least 40 ranks of Sorcerous Lore, Demonology may now use the circle-less version of Planar Shift (740) with the retribution effect of Cloak of Shadows (712). Simply CHANT RETRIBUTION 740. As with other target-less spells, such as Spirit Guide (130), the cloak will lash out at the caster after the Planar Shift effect occurs.
Thanks to GameMaster's Konacon work, the demon summoned from a major failure of Planar Shift (740) will now be significantly more difficult to kill. Open gateways to demonic valences at your own (and bystanders') risk!