Singing Sword Song (1025)
A bard using the Singing Sword song allows the bard the manipulate vibrations of magic and air to create the shape of a weapon of his or her choice. The floating weapon will then follow the bard around like a wizard's familiar and the bard can direct it to attack foes. If the weapon does damage the bard will receive a portion of the normal experience points and fame points they would normally be eligible for when the creature dies.
If the Bard is stunned, has injuries to the head, eyes or nervous system the weapon's Attack strength will be lessened. Also, if the Bard has become calmed, unconscious, or unable to concentrate due to extensive head or nervous system injuries, the weapon will fail to attack outright.
The weapon's AS is determined by:
- skill of the Bard in that particular weapon type
- number of spellsongs known over 1025
- ranks/bonus in Mental Lore, Manipulation
- Aura stat bonus
- Influence stat bonus
- Other types of magic that normally increase melee AS will NOT affect the song
Currently, the melee AS formulas is:
- AS = Weapon skill + (Bard Spell ranks - 25)/2 + (INF bonus + AURA bonus)/2 + (CMAN ranks/2) + (Mental Lore, Manipulation ranks/2) + MB
- MB = 25 if fighting a living creature
- MB = 10 if fighting undead
Additional Weapon Types
|Weapon Skill Type||Weapon Name||Attack Speed (seconds)|