An aardvark, also known as Snuffy, is the town aardvark of River's Rest.
The Aardvark of the Rest
Snuffy spends most of his time wandering throughout the town.
He played a role in discovering the one-eared rabbit’s location after the payment of the ransom, and received a medal as well.
It should also be noted that although the aardvark can be lauded as a town hero for his role in the rabbit rescue, he is not always treated as such. As an example, there was an attempt made to trade the aardvark to mongrel kobolds for the safe return of the Winterberry Ale that was stolen during a town invasion. This invasion is referenced in The Kobold Song.
Behind the Scenes
- The aardvark has long, donkey-like ears on a thin, elongated head. Its long snout ends in a small, tubular mouth from which a remarkable eighteen-inch, sticky, purple tongue periodically shoots out in pursuit of ants. Its small, clever eyes roam the area in a constant search for unwary ants. Hung around the aardvark's neck is a rolled leather collar with a shiny gold medallion affixed to it.
- The aardvark idly flicks its long, purple tongue about, hoping to snag some unlucky ant.
- The aardvark waddles about the area, oblivious of anything larger than an ant.
- The aardvark surveys the area, alert for succulent ants.
- The aardvark rolls over on its back and wriggles around, trying to scratch an itch.
- The aardvark narrows its beady eyes. With an irritated snort it glares at you. It flicks its tongue in your direction! Disappointed to discover you are not a very large ant, the aardvark turns away.
- The aardvark cocks one ear and glances at you without interest.
- Spying an unwary ant, the aardvark turns its head slightly. With startling speed its long, purple tongue shoots out, seizing the succulent ant and sucking the insect into its tiny mouth.
- The aardvark accidentally snorfles up a fire ant. It blinks, shakes its tiny head, then sneezes powerfully.
Citizens of River's Rest can interact with the aardvark.
Hug while kneeling:
Kiss while kneeling (You must have empty hands):
Nudge while kneeling: