StormFront is an official front end (FE) for GemStone IV and DragonRealms, and works with the Windows operating system. Compared with the Wizard FE, StormFront provides more features, including a point-and-click interface, dialog boxes, and a more advanced scripting engine.
Scripting Guide: https://www.play.net/dr/play/stormfront_scripting.asp
StormFront stores settings (such as highlights and scripts) separately for each character, either on the server or locally. This can be toggled inside StormFront under Options > Settings > Location.
Local settings are stored as XML files in C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\StormFront (not the folder in which StormFront is installed).
There are currently three user interface skins available for the StormFront FE:
- Original "Storm" Skin - Installed by default
- StealthFront Skin - Available via play.net Here
- NishiFront Skin - Available via third party website Here
The Original and StealFront skins were developed by Simutronics and they are both officially supported. NishiFront was developed by a player and it is not officially supported.
To use a downloaded skin: Save the files to your StormFront directory (usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Simu\StormFront). You can switch your skin by going to Options > Choose Skin in StormFront.
Macros allow the user to execute a sequence of commands with a single keypress.
Special keywords that can be used in macros include:
- \r - Send the command.
- \p - pause 1 second before continuing.
- \x - Delete the contents of the command line before continuing.
- @ - Place the insertion marker here.
- \? - Replace this with the contents of the command line before starting.