There's quite a few different things people are calling these things, can someone make it easier to find this info by setting up some redirects to this page for "boon", "gifted", "boosted", and any other term they've seen thrown around for them. I'd do it myself but have no idea how and would probably break something if I tried OM1E5GA (talk) 11:26, 12 July 2019 (CDT)
- OM1E5GA, just now, I made sure that all the terms you listed, were also mentioned in the article. All except "gifted" were there already, so I added "gifted creatures" as one of the common terms used by players. This SHOULD, hopefully, cause the Mini-boss page to begin appearing in search results for the terms you listed.
- The reason I did not make redirect pages for these terms is that all of them COULD possibly refer to other things besides a Mini-boss. So having those search words lead to a "list" of search results like currently happens, is maybe ideal, rather than make them lead straight to Mini-boss, at least that was my thinking. Other editors may feel differently, and I would welcome people making some sort of redirects, as long as they carefully study the search results for "boon," "gifted," and "boosted," and ensure that the various search result list items somehow get mentioned in the redirect process. I was not sure how to accomplish that myself.
- I will explain a bit more of what I mean:
- - "boon" - people may also be looking for "Sorcerer's boon" which appears in "boon" search results
- - "boosted" - people may also be looking for "encumbrance boost" or other various boosts
- - "gifted" - people may also be looking for "Lumnis gift" or "gift of the gods" etc
Skeletal appendages burst from the ground and tear into the ice troll, inflicting 35 points of damage! You sense a surge of essence being dragged from the troll and into your multicolored soulstone. The ice troll cries out in cold agony one last time and dies. The light blue glow leaves a dazzling ice troll. The powerful look leaves a dazzling ice troll. The deep blue glow leaves a dazzling ice troll. The dim aura fades from around a dazzling ice troll. A white glow rushes away from a dazzling ice troll. A dazzling ice troll returns to normal color. A subtle light fades from a dazzling ice troll's eyes. The dull golden nimbus fades from around a dazzling ice troll. The white light leaves a dazzling ice troll. The very powerful look leaves a dazzling ice troll. The brilliant aura fades away from a dazzling ice troll. A dazzling ice troll seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The tattooed night mare mini-boss seemed to absorb the magic cast directly at it at by a sorcerer:
Polveiss gestures at a tattooed night mare. A tattooed night mare pulses brightly as she absorbs the magic!
Also the tattooed night mare mini-boss seemed to cast a void as it fell dead:
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the night mare's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens. As the night mare falls, an incandescent beam lashes out and strikes Knickolas! A violently swirling void appears above him! ... 10 points of damage! Blood vessels in leg burst! The fire leaves the mare's eyes as she falls still.
I was not sure how to note these things in the table on the main Mini-boss page (I have no idea what to name these effects, nor how to describe them in only a few words), so decided to note them here. Thanks -Soliere FIRENSIA (talk) 14:37, 14 November 2019 (CST)
These two examples were me, attempting to bind a ghastly night mare mini-boss using cleric spell 301.
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Prayer of Holding spell... Your spell is ready. You gesture at a ghastly night mare. A ghastly night mare exudes a sickly yellow mist, creating a shimmering haze all around her! [SMR result: 54 (Open d100: 39)] The horrific nature of the night mare startles you, but you manage to steel yourself. CS: +347 - TD: +331 + CvA: +25 + d100: +12 == +53 Warded off! A ghastly night mare appears confused for a moment, but the look soon passes. Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds. You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Prayer of Holding spell... Your spell is ready. You gesture at a ghastly night mare. [SMR result: 67 (Open d100: 53)] The horrific nature of the night mare startles you, but you manage to steel yourself. CS: +347 - TD: +181 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +250 Warding failed! A ghastly night mare shudders in mid-stride, then suddenly ceases all movement. Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
In the first example, the ghastly night mare "exudes a sickly yellow mist, creating a shimmering haze all around her" and in the second example, her TD was much lower when she did not do that. So hoping this is helpful in figuring out what the heck she did in example one, which apparently raised her TD a lot. Maybe then we can fill in something new in the table for a ghastly mini-boss. -Soliere FIRENSIA (talk) 14:50, 14 November 2019 (CST)