Originally belonging to Sagan Necropolis, I believe this helm was a pre-GS3 item. In prime it appears as "a thief helm", in platinum as "a blackened leather helm". Truth in advertising, it will steal coins from fellow adventurers. The helm might have been nerfed/tweaked slightly to require pickpocketing skill for a successful steal, and I also seem to recall that it used to steal more.
The helm is well worn from years of use and combat. Runes have been inscribed upon the helm in a form unrecognizable today. Sinister dark eyes upon the helm look through you almost as if they could peer through your clothing. The feeling is eerie.
Very simple to use:
- TAP Helm
- You might be mistaken, but you could swear that the helm is vibrating in mirth and just laughed at you!
- As XXXXX taps her helm it vibrates on her head.
- As you tap the helm you feel the power within it compel you to reach out, searching the pockets of your neighbor XXXXX. Unfortunately she has no silver to speak of, thus foiling you and the helm, causing it to vibrate in frustration.
- XXXXX pokes the thief helm which vibrates on her head. One of the eyes painted on the thief helm winks at you!
- As you tap the helm you feel the power within it compel you to reach out, searching the pockets of your neighbor XXXXX. The helm vibrates, as if in satisfaction, as you deftly lift 9 silvers from XXXXX and place them in your pocket, the thief helm quickly winks at her as you do so.
- As XXXXX taps her helm it vibrates on her head and you could swear one eye painted on the thief helm just winked at you!
- You tap on the helm but it must be sleeping, conserving energy to be used again. (recharges for 15-60min, sometimes up to 3 hours)
- XXXXX taps her helm.
Rub (when wearing):
- You polish up the old and tattered-looking helm, cleaning off some of the dirt caked on it.
- XXXX begins to polish up a thief helm, cleaning off some of the dirt caked on it. (chance of getting a flippable coin)
- You poke the thief helm which vibrates with anticipation. It would seem the thief helm is as anxious to pick someones pockets as you are. One of the eyes on the helm winks at those around you knowing what is to come. (charged)
- XXXXX pokes the thief helm which vibrates on her head. One of the eyes painted on the thief helm winks at you! (charged, to the room)
- You poke the thief helm helm but it must be sleeping, conserving energy to be used again. (recharging)
- XXXXX pokes her helm. (recharging, to the room)
Strange vibrations eminate (yes, it's a typo in the loresong) from the helm. You almost feel a lifelike presence within the confines of the metal itself. A shudder runs down your spine as your verse touches upon the secrets of the runes which you are not quite able to make out.
Your song's music begins to bring words into your mind, limericks to a poem written on the thief helm begin to take shape.
A thief of fame,
did once proclaim,
Stealing for him was a joke.
He wore this hat,
the top he'd pat,
then into their purse he'd poke.
His wealth did grow,
but hatred did sow,
and soon no one would befriend him.
So he put down,
this magical crown,
you'd think this chance would be slim.
But a friend in hand,
should not slip like sand,
through fingers that lift their gold.
The limerick continues to form in your mind.
To rid the curse,
and stop stealing their purse,
the helm he had was sold.
While this helm can bring you gold,
friends close to you are hard to hold.
The curse of this helm is plain to see,
your gain comes only from those close to thee. Just then you could swear one of the eyes on the helm winks at you.