Veola customization primer
by the TownCrier Team
Customizing/altering a Veola:
- These come in three different varieties and each has its own default style and set of acceptable nouns. These temporarily (while worn) change your hair quirk (the description in your features that begins after the word ‘hair’).
For example: She has long sunny blonde hair parted to one side and pinned with a kelyn barrette.
Default / off-the-shelf styles:
- Barrette style: <hair> parted to the side and pinned back with <a barrette>
- Circlet style: <hair> pulled back with <a circlet>, leaving her side-swept bangs to brush across her temples.
- Hat style: <hair> and <a hat> worn at a rakish angle.
- A Hat may be changed to the following: Cap, Tricorn, Tricorne, Capotain
- A Barrette may be changed to the following: Haircomb, Fascinator, Cockade, Ornament, Headpiece, Ribbon(s), Hairpin(s)
- A Headband may be changed to the following: Diadem, Circlet, Tiara, Crown, Garland, Caul, Ferroniere, Seer-Stone, Ferrigem, Geldaralad, Aemikvai, Khazkurka, Basrenne, Trinette, and Elothrai. Please note that many of the headband nouns are specific to various races, and you may wish to research before opting for them.
Sides and Styles:
- When it comes to customizing them, each Veola has four styles: one pre-set and three customizable. There are also three sides: the first, unadorned side, one that features a gem, and one that features a feather.
While holding both the Veola headband and a gem or feather, you >push headband
Off-the-shelf example: a trio of slim matte bronze leather headbands
With a gem:
- You gently place the bloodjewel in your matte bronze headbands, taking care to arrange it just so.
- a trio of slim matte bronze leather headbands framing a selanthan bloodjewel
With a feather:
- You gently place the feather in your matte bronze headbands, taking care to arrange it just so.
- a trio of slim matte bronze leather headbands with an upswept black toucan feather
- Some merchants will do all three sides or all three styles at once. Others may do one side and/or one style. Some rare few may do everything at once.
- Note: With gems, the merchant may set it to show only the noun field, the adjective and noun fields, or the full tap/long. You may wish to request the specific option you favor.
- The item itself falls under typical alteration rules, which would suggest eleven words or fewer for the tap/long. The style can be quite a bit longer, but I suggest familiarizing yourself with the feature alteration rules and limitations, particularly as pertain to hair and hair quirks.
- Longer features and inventories do tend to mean fewer people may wish to look at you, intrinsically limiting the interest others have in your appearance!
- For some further guidance on feature fields and how long your features would appear, see below:
- When all feature fields are utilized on a non-aelotoi, the format is as follows:
You see Character A. She appears to be a Race from Culture. She is <height> and has <body build>. She appears to be <age description>. She has <eye characteristic> <eye color> eyes and <complexion> skin. She has <hair style>, <hair texture> <hair color> hair <hair quirk>. She has a <face> face, a <nose> nose and [a/an] <distinguishing mark>. <unique.>
- When all feature fields are utilized on an aelotoi, the format is as follows:
You see Character A. She appears to be an Aelotoi from Culture. She is <height> and has <body build>. She appears to be <age description>. She has <eye characteristic> <eye color> eyes and <complexion> skin. She has <hair style>, <hair texture> <hair color> hair <hair quirk>. She has a <face> face, a <nose> nose and [a/an] <distinguishing mark>. She has a pair of <wing description> wings <wing quirk>. <unique.>