Difference between revisions of "White Haven"
(→Bylaws, Charter, and Joining Information)
(→Article IX – Current Officer List:)
|Line 168:||Line 168:|
====Article IX – Current Officer List:====
====Article IX – Current Officer List:====
====Article X: Membership Application Process====
====Article X: Membership Application Process====
Revision as of 13:14, 23 September 2016
- 1 Bylaws, Charter, and Joining Information
- 1.1 PURPOSE OF THE HOUSE
- 1.2 STATEMENT OF GOVERNING
- 1.3 HOUSE OFFICERS
- 1.4 TERMS OF OFFICE
- 1.5 IMPEACHMENT
- 1.6 BYLAWS
- 1.6.1 Article I Name:
- 1.6.2 Article II Membership Requirements:
- 1.6.3 Article III Membership Services:
- 1.6.4 Article IV Non-Membership Services:
- 1.6.5 Article V Membership
- 1.6.6 Article VI Finances:
- 1.6.7 Article VII Rules and Regulations:
- 1.6.8 Article VIII Regalia:
- 1.6.9 Article IX – Current Officer List:
- 1.6.10 Article X: Membership Application Process
- 2 Resources
Bylaws, Charter, and Joining Information
PURPOSE OF THE HOUSE
White Haven was established as a beacon of hope to the citizens of Icemule against a world torn by differences. We strive to set an example by providing service and fellowship to all and seek to foster unity while enhancing the wisdom of our members. Our mission is to offer hope by fostering a peaceful and harmonious coexistence of all citizens of Icemule and Elanthia through our service and by striving to advance the wisdom of our members.
STATEMENT OF GOVERNING
The governing body is composed of ten Officer Positions. The Luminary and Sage each bear ultimate responsibility and authority for the House as a whole, and are responsible for the actions and responsibilities of all other Officers. The Impresario, Financier, Maven, Lodestar, Liaison, Originator, Lore Master, and Light Weaver are responsible for ensuring the functions and duties of their respective positions are satisfactorily met. Each Officer serves voluntarily to fulfill the responsibilities of the Elanthia House System rules, as well as any other duties as specifically delegated within the authority of the Luminary and Sage. All Officers are subject to impeachment power of the Officers (see “Impeachment”).
White Haven has chosen ten primary House Officer positions. Their responsibilities and roles are defined below. House bylaws and policies are subject to change upon agreement of the Luminary and Sage. Any changes to the bylaws opposed to by the remaining Officers will be brought to a majority vote, and in the event of a tie the decision will be made final by the Luminary.
1&2. Luminary and Sage: The Chairman and Co-Chairman of the House. Will act as a guiding light to not only Members and Officers of the House but to the community at large. These leaders of the organization are responsible for the actions of the House as a whole. The Luminary and Sage have authority over all decisions and actions of the House organization and are also ultimately responsible for the same. As such, each may proxy for any other Officer’s responsibilities in the event of absence, vacancy or need, or (at their discretion) delegate necessary functions (temporarily or permanently) to another Officer, with the assuming Officer's permission.
3. Impresario: House records keeper. Organizes, maintains, and records all House events both recurring and unique. Keeps necessary records for archival and historical purposes for the House.
4. Financier: Chief financial officer and responsible for maintaining the financial records of the House and seeing that all debts are paid and expenses are accounted. Responsible for withdrawing approved funds from the House coffers. Facilitates strategic thinking with the other Officers about short and long-term financial vitality. Establishes a Ledger that tells the Officers at a glance how the House is doing.
5. Maven: Assists the Impresario with correspondence and event-planning. Also acts as the main contact for renting out the House Chapel, Ballroom, Banquet Hall and Greenhouse for public and private events.
6. Lodestar: Assists the Financier as needed.
7. Liaison: The Public Relations contact for White Haven. Responsibilities include interfacing with local authorities and managing relations with other CHEs and MHOs. The Liaison’s goals include recruitment of new members and promoting House tenets and standards in the community. Liaison is responsible for promotion/drawing people in for community events.
8. Originator: Works with Officers and members to create and realize House Events. Oversees all facets of events and reports pertinent information to the Impresario for documentation purposes.
9. Lore Master: Responsible for being a leader in education of Elanthian history, lore/magical studies, and current events to actively share that information freely with others and be a go-to source of information when needed. Oversees the House Library, and is responsible for at least one (1) yearly tutorial event.
10. Light Weaver: At this time the position remains unfilled.
All Officers Are Expected To:
- - Assist in event planning and organization.
- - Attend meetings and events when possible.
- - Abide by Gemstone IV policy and bylaws of the house and Officer Handbook.
- - Set an example as a productive citizen and house member.
TERMS OF OFFICE
The ten offices - Luminary, Sage, Impresario, Financier, Maven, Lodestar, Liaison, Originator, Lore Master, and Light Weaver - are established for life, subject to the impeachment power of the combined vote as described below.
At any time, Officers may retire from their office voluntarily. In the event that an Officer should retire, advance to another position, or disappear without notification for an extended period of time (in excess of 60 days), then the position may be filled by another Officer upon receiving a majority vote of the remaining officers. Should no Officer receive a winning vote, the Luminary or Sage will have the final say.
Should no Officer volunteer to fill the position, a public announcement will be made and applications accepted from the general membership. The remaining Officers will interview and by vote, induct a succeeding Officer.
The House Officers (other than the Officer in question) may, by unanimous vote, replace or remove any Officer from their station, including the Luminary or Sage. Upon Impeachment, the role should be filled using the aforementioned methods of replacement. Impeachment is an extreme action, indicating a failing of the House Officers and Leaders to practice what they preach -- peaceful and harmonious coexistence. It should therefore never occur save the most dire circumstances. Impeachment may also be grounds for expulsion from House membership. See Article VII.B for guidelines.
Article I Name:
The name of this officially recognized House is White Haven.
Article II Membership Requirements:
1. A member must be at least level 5. The member must pay dues as described below. The member must not be a member of any other House, nor be on the CHE blacklist. The member must have read and agreed to follow the House System Rules and these bylaws.
2. The applicant is required to follow the procedure as explained in Article X of these bylaws.
3. The applicant must be sponsored by at least one House Officer or current member and not be objected to by any Officer. If there is no such objection after one week's notice, the Luminary or Sage will induct the applicant. A rejected applicant is free to request reconsideration at any time subject to the same requirements.
4. Once approved for membership, the applicant will be contacted to establish an appointment for their induction.
5. Upon induction, applicants will pay 50,000 silver in a one time membership due.
6. Membership is unrestricted by consideration of nationality race, creed, life-style, size, color, sex or age.
7. The member must provide the officers with an e-mail address upon induction and payment of initial dues, for purposes of notification of House activities
Article III Membership Services:
1. Social Standing (friends!).
2. Coat of Arms: Available to be added as appropriate at the local Engraver.
3. Storage Facility: Increased locker size.
4. Includes all non-membership services at no additional fee.
5. Hot Springs: The Hot Springs is the House Pool, where members may relax and swim as their heart desires.
6. Greenhouse: The Greenhouse will be maintained by the House as a place for special events such as weddings and parties. The Greenhouse may be reserved, free of charge, for such private events by non-members whom have asked an officer of the house for such, or reserved for such use by members.
7. Library, Music Room, Curiosity Room and Lounge: These rooms, maintained by the House are also for member use.
8. Workshop: The workshop is designed for the use of the House Mage and other Members as designated below for the purposes of enchanting. Members and Officers may use the workshop at will for the purposes of Enchanting, Recharging magical items and Imbedding spells. Non-members may use the Workshop only when accompanied by a House Officer or Member.
Article IV Non-Membership Services:
1. Grand Courtyard: The Grand Courtyard will be maintained by the House as a place for all citizens to find healing, and for all empaths and clerics to work at their chosen professions in relative peace and quiet (compared to the city streets). This room is an Earthnode. There will also be a monument promoting those individuals, Houses, and other organizations which provide monetary support to the House.
2. White Haven Banquet Hall: The Banquet hall will be maintained by the House as a place for special events such as wedding receptions and parties. The Banquet Hall may be reserved for such private events, for a fee, by non-members whom have asked the Impresario for such, or reserved for such use by members.
3. Chapel and Meeting Room and Guest Rooms: The Chapel will be maintained by the House, for use of weddings and prayer services. The Chapel may also be reserved for a fee by non-members who have asked the Impresario for such. The Meeting Room, also maintained by the House, shall be used for member and Officer Meetings. White Haven also has Guest rooms that shall be maintained by the House, for use by members and their guests, or for non-members who have rented them from the Impresario, for private purposes.
4. Locksmith’s Den: The Locksmith’s Den will be maintained by the House as a place for all citizens to find locksmiths willing to open containers for tips and for all locksmiths of suitable skill to pick locks in relative peace and quiet (compared to the city streets). Accessible through the Courtyard, through the Arch, and available to the public.
Article V Membership
1. Categories of membership in this House are General Member, Officer and Emeritus Founder.
- - A. General Member: A player who has met minimum House and government standards for membership and paid 50,000 silvers in lifetime dues. General members do not pay quarterly dues.
- - B. Officers: A general member who has shown a desire and initiative to assist and serve their fellow house members. They are placed in office by a majority vote of Officers, with the Luminary giving a tie-break vote if necessary. Officers must have been a member of the house for a minimum of (4) months, unless special circumstances and a unanimous vote of remaining Officers applies. They are required to complete an Officer application and complete an interview process with the current board of Officers. Once chosen for office, additional authority, privileges, and responsibilities are added upon their shoulders as detailed in these bylaws.
- At any time, Officers may retire from their office. General members will then have opportunity to apply to succeed them in their responsibilities. Only individuals who have been a member of the House for at least (4) months are eligible to apply, unless special circumstances as well as a unanimous vote of the remaining Officers applies. The application process must be done both publicly (announced personally their intention to apply at a House meeting or Event) and privately (e-mail to the House officers). The successor chosen by majority vote of the current Officers becomes the new Officer. The retiring Officer becomes simply a general member.
- - C. Emeritus Founders: White Haven Founders are no longer active and have passed their responsibilities down to our current Officers. Current members and Officers pay tribute and give thanks for the efforts and vision which lead the establishment of our noble and long-standing House: White Haven, the only Official House in Icemule Trace.
Our Emeritus Founding Officers are as follows: Tivas, Sigurd, Llyleth, Everan, Gwendolyne d'Britannia, Xyelin, Pacioli
Article VI Finances:
1. Membership contributions to General House Funds will be considered donations to the House.
2. Purpose of General House Fund: The General Funds can be drawn upon by the Chandler for House expenses, House entertainment (parties), loans, etc. Members are not required to contribute to General House Fund.
3. Contributions do not entitle a member to special privileges.
4. Contributions will not be accepted in lieu of dues or loan payments.
5. Contributions must be reported to the Financier so that possible discrepancies in the accounts (system) may be found and clarified.
6. Dues: A one-time induction fee of 50,000 is charged upon acceptance of membership to White Haven. No quarterly dues are paid by House members. If the House should ever have financial difficulty, House Officers will organize fundraising auctions, hunts, etc., as necessary.
Article VII Rules and Regulations:
A. House Rules
- - 1. No violence on House Grounds or at House events.
- - 2. It is the duty of every Member and/or Officer to uphold House White Haven's Statement of Purpose, while setting an example as a productive citizen of any town or city.
- - 3. Theft from the House Vaults by an Officer with access is an impeachment offense.
- - 4. In following the bylaws set apart by the Founders, members will strive to adhere to and abide by the general rules and policies of Gemstone IV. Violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the house and/or impeachment from an Officer position.
- - 1. In the event that a member or Officer violates these rules and/or bylaws the Luminary and Sage are responsible to act as mediator(s), gathering facts from witnesses and those involved. The Luminary and Sage will remain neutral parties at all times.
- - 2. The Luminary and Sage may terminate a membership for failure to adhere to House rules and bylaws, provided the member was offered an opportunity to have a hearing at which the member was permitted to defend against the termination. Such hearing will consist of the Luminary, Sage, and all Officers who can attend. Members involved in the matter may attend with permission of the Luminary and Sage, but will not have a voice in the matter.
- - 3. The Luminary and Sage will determine whether termination is necessary after the hearing. If the Luminary and Sage do not agree on the matter, the Impresario will provide a tie-break vote.
- - 4. The Luminary and Sage will be the final judges on what constitutes noncompliance with these rules, regulations and bylaws while considering the advisory votes of other Officers and while subject to the impeachment power of the Officers.
Article VIII Regalia:
- House Colors: White and Gold
- House Pin: A white-gold bear's head pin, under which are inscribed the words Hope, Wisdom, and Service
- House Tenets: Hope, Wisdom, and Service
- House Motto: Ut Prosim - That I may serve.
- House Coat-of-Arms: The shield is engraved with the image of a large white polar bear crouched, as if protecting her young. Surrounding her, in gold scroll work are engraved the words:"Hope, Service, Wisdom". Set into the background in pale pearl lettering is the phrase, "Ut Prosim". A gold and white banner stretches underneath which reads "White Haven".
Article IX – Current Officer List:
Article X: Membership Application Process
1. Before induction a player must have read and agreed to the GemStone IV House system.
2. Before induction a player must have read and agreed to the House bylaws set forth here.
3.. Applicants will complete the application found at the Official White Haven Website (or e-mail the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Officers will review each application and discuss the applicants based on their responses.
5. After one (1) week, if no Officer objects to the applicant’s membership a time frame will be scheduled with the applicant for induction.
The Membership Application is as follows:
- Contact Email:
- Character Name:
- What makes you want to join White Haven over the other Great Houses?
- How active do you want to be, or plan to be in the House?
- How do you think other people see you?
- What do you do now that actively represents the White Haven mission?
- If you could hold an event, what would it be?