Difference between revisions of "Witchful Thinking - 5119-08-18 - Firewalkar"

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
Line 1,993: Line 1,993:
  
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
[[Category: Logs]]
+
[[Category: KST]]
[[Category:Witchful Thinking]]
+
[[Category: Witchful Thinking]]

Latest revision as of 21:21, 3 December 2019

Phoenatos 18-19, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Lightning and blood rain herald the return of Disean, spotted on a mountaintop in the distance as a prelude to Landing defenders guarding the gates from an invasion of minotaur magi, acolytes, and zealots. Though less hardy than most of Raznel's previous attackers, the magi's ability to create sanctuaries and raise the fallen makes for an unusual battle.
  • Marshal Thadston and militiamen eventually enter the fray, fighting against the minotaurs, but by sheer numbers some minotaurs begin to breach the gates in the chaos. However, Rook archers rain arrows down, cutting off their entry.
  • A scream is heard within town, but is suddenly silenced--and soon fires are spotted throughout town, along with the return of the undead Blameless coming up from below. As crusaders and bleak knights roam the streets, Landing defenders continue to meet them in battle and Rook archers continue firing; Mother is briefly spotted throwing enemies aside by stretching her hands before being led out of sight.
  • Disean declares the gates defeated, then enters and starts killing people off and setting more fires--now to the warehouses and storehouses, destroying the food supply. Town defenders give chase, but no one can find him for long.
  • A red light flares up in the distance and gradually grows closer, eventually revealing an axe-wielding figure in a bright red glowing breastplate--looking like Walkar's. Some in town who knew Walkar personally are skeptical, and even some who only heard of him, but there's little time for questions as he marches toward town, sending the minotaurs into retreat as he hacks at them.
  • Disean demands Walkar's end and rushes to the forest with the Blameless in tow. As the man approaches, Disean lunges, but it's no Walkar; the illusion around him drops and it's Thadston, who smashes his kroderine gauntlets into Disean's bleakstone armor! The resulting shockwave sends Thadston flying through a tree, but also sends Disean flying, his armor crumbling to pieces--and the crusaders begin to topple and crumble to dust as the wave of energy pours through the area.
  • Thadston coughs up blood, the skin of his arms rippling and smoke rising from his gauntlets, but eventually musters up the words to say Raznel's not the only one with illusions. He looks through the crowd for someone, but can't find them, and says he though Walkar would make Disean riled. Thadston says he should sleep and Disean will be back, but this will buy some time--and he hopes Raelee gets the coffin soon or else he'll grab one from the Hall himself. Captain Shinann escorts him safely back to the barracks.


Highlights

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Happy said it best when he said, the best Imp is a dead imp."
Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "I never said that."
Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok adds, "Lately."
Hapenlok says, "Or ever."
Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "You said "Hi" I read between the lines."
Lyrna says, "We saw a wild-eyed woman, and she dashed off."
Pietra says, "That could be anyone..."
Speaking to Pietra, Stormyrain says, "Any Landing citizen on any given night, really."
Pukk recites quietly:
"Remember if you die tonight, blame Leafi."
Speaking to Pukk, Lazaryth says, "I always do."
Zosopage says, "Or blame Pukk since he told us all to join her."
Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "Oooh you're right."
Pukk recites quietly:
"You can blame me!"
Speaking to Pukk, Pietra asks, "I think we always do?"
The town guard says, "Kilron was tryin ta sell me a drake falchion the other day.  He wanted twelve thousand silvers!  Really now, I don't know where he gets off."
Speaking quietly to a town guard, Pukk says, "I will sell one to you for two thousand."
[Roll result: 61 (open d100: -131)]
Pukk crouches, sweeps a leg at a rolton and connects!
Pukk whacks a rolton's legs futilely!  Pukk stumbles back on his feet.
Pukk quietly says, "Egads."
Pukk quietly says, "That was a wiley rolton."
Hapenlok: "I'm handling the minotaurs..."
* Hapenlok just bit the dust!
Thrassus: "He sure handled them."
Hapenlok: "That was ironic."
Pietra says, "I hate it when my fights with my parents endanger the entire region..."


Log

Portentous Rain

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Thistlesticks, Vinheim, Porom, Great Lady Aloana, Zosopage, Drayith, Lord Leviathoar, Soneiken, Arena Heroine Leafiara, Great Lord Demicone, Snoobie who is kneeling, Guarrin, Elphieya, Usolas, Hallbjorn, Pukk, Lyrna, Marijka, Lord Faennian who is kneeling

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

>look up

Blood rain completely obscures the sky.

Leafiara musingly says, "Hmm, blood rain again."

Elphieya quietly says, "Oh no."

Meggiemae gives Elphieya a friendly hug.

Speaking to Lyrna, Soneiken says, "Of course I met his thorns."

Speaking quietly to Meggiemae, Elphieya says, "Can't hug. No arms."

Hapenlok just arrived.

Hapenlok gazes up into the sky.

Hapenlok says, "I leave for TEN minutes..."

Elphieya quietly says, "I don't like blood rain."

Lyrna asks, "Weather charm doesn't usually do blood rain does it?"

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "Just your luck."

Leafiara says, "Oh, it does."

Leafiara nods at Lyrna.

Speaking to Lyrna, Hapenlok says, "Don't tell Cruxophim he can't."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Leafi, our new Cryheart!"

Speaking to Leviathoar, Soneiken says, "Just in time to meet the Witch."

Zosopage says, "Or tell him and make him jealous."

Speaking curiously to Pukk, Leafiara asks, "When do I get knighted?"

Blood red droplets descend from the heavens skinning the sky in a ruddy sanguine hue as storm clouds stretch from end to end of the sky.

Leafiara curiously says, "Hm."

Faennian says, "Trouble."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "You don't want to be knighted...that is just another excuse the imps have on controlling people."

Speaking agreeably to Pukk, Leafiara says, "True."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Leafi!"

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "When the Hall of Mages asked Bekke to join them as a Magister, I was secretly willing her not to do it."

Lyrna says, "You are such a troublemaker."

Lyrna grins at Pukk.

Leafiara mumbles, "Crazy imperials."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up in case of danger and chaos!"

Mongonator says, "Dame Leafiara has a nice ring to it."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Happy said it best when he said, the best Imp is a dead imp."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "I never said that."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok adds, "Lately."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yeah, but... you think it. Of everyone."

Hapenlok says, "Or ever."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "You said "Hi" I read between the lines."

Dipping into a lazy dive, the coppery barn owl glides to the ground and lands.

The coppery barn owl carefully picks up a large acorn with one of his clawed feet.

Gutstorm points at a pale-faced coppery barn owl.

Gutstorm says, "Lunch."

Leafiara musingly says, "Maybe we should check the gates just in case."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "You know what, there were a lot of those 'Imps' that were our enemies that I considered more honorable than three quarters of the people in this town."

Speaking sagely to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Leafiara says, "You stay here and keep an eye out, Owly."

[scouting at the gates]

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, so far so safe."

Gutstorm says, "Someone tall carry me on dar shouldas."

Porom asks, "Oh..we're going somewhere?"

Speaking earnestly to Porom, Leafiara exclaims, "Patrollin'!"

Speaking quietly to Porom, Elphieya says, "Checking for dead things trying to kill us."

Leafiara notes, "But it seems all clear so far."

[return to TSC]

Leafiara reports, "All clear outside the gates so far!"

Elphieya quietly says, "It's a good thing my dress is already red."

Elphieya quietly says, "Though I do hate having to try to get the blood out of my hair and off my wings."

You hear someone say something indiscernible in Elven. Oddly, you think it came from the direction of a medium-sized lithe ferret.

Speaking to Elphieya, Hapenlok says, "I'm used to being covered in blood."

Hapenlok says, "Usually it's when I'm collecting ...trophies."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya says, "I'm fairly used to it when tending others. I just dislike it in rain form."

Hapenlok says, "Though when I'm getting the blood on me."

Pukk quietly asks, "Huh, did that ferret just speak pointy ear?"

[OOC: Leafi goes to pull a chrism from her shop for a deader, but ;go2 moves through the catacombs and ends up abandoning the group]

[Catacombs, Inside Crypt]

You curse instinctively as you hit your head on the low ceiling of the crypt chamber, and revile your ancestors under your breath for having been so short. There is barely enough room to crawl through here, so you quickly glance from side to side to discover anything of interest. Among the crushed bones and the rubble, you spy a very narrow chute. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Pukk disk, the Zosopage disk and the Razanetika disk.

Also here: Arena Heroine Leafiara, Lyrna, Pukk, Elphieya, Lord Leviathoar, Zosopage, Porom, Great Lord Mongonator, Lord Gutstorm, Bernadette, Razanetika

[regroup and return to TSC]

Gutstorm says, "I tinks Leafiara is half ranger."

Speaking amusedly to Gutstorm, Leafiara says, "Well, kind of... my dad's a ranger."

Porom says, "Well..all that exercise tired me out.."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "It's okay. You are a new Cryheart. There is a learning curve."

Speaking proudly to Gutstorm, Leafiara says, "And I'm told I take after him more than my mom."

Leviathoar says, "I'm prolly the worst skilled ranger alive."

Razanetika softly says, "I just walked a child back from lesser vruul... was rather interesting."

Speaking to Leviathoar, Hapenlok says, "You're probably not wrong."

Speaking amusedly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "Oh, I bet."

Leviathoar says, "I have spells I've never cast."

Lylia: "Good evening."

Pukk quietly asks, "How did that child read the runes?"

Lyrna: "Good evening."

Hapenlok: "Hrrmph."

Lazaryth: "Good evening. Don't step outside."

Goldstr: "Evenin Madam Mayor."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika says, "I've never been up there before... so was rather interesting all the ups and downs."

Lylia: "A bit late for that."

Razanetika softly says, "Something drained my mana too... good thing I don't use it."

Speaking musingly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "It comes and goes so quick, one's time in the Broken Lands."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika asks, "Really?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika says, "I thought I'd be there for the next few trains at least."

Lehon: "Good evening."

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara explains, "You wil, but before you know it you'll be too experienced for it."

Arianiss lets out a great honking sneeze!

Speaking quietly to Arianiss, Elphieya says, "Bless you."

Arianiss says, "Thank you."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika says, "Good to know."

Gutstorm says, "I hunted vruuls for first time today."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Elphieya says, "This is my least favorite part. The waiting and wondering. I would rather have something to focus on." [at this point the blood rain had been going for probably ten minutes or more]

Leafiara suspiciously says, "Strange. Usually blood rain isn't such a good sign for peace, but..."

Leafiara dubiously asks, "Nothing yet?"

Gutstorm says, "Joo kin waits on me hand on feets."

Lyrna says, "Just be careful what you wish for."

Pukk quietly says, "That blood rain hurt."

Leafiara begins a careful examination of Pukk -- she takes his pulse, checks his temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Gutstorm taps Leafiara lightly on her shoulder.

Speaking curiously to Gutstorm, Leafiara asks, "Yes?"

Gutstorm says, "How do you check him like that."

Speaking to Gutstorm, Leafiara says, "Just have to DIAGNOSE him in FULL."

Speaking quietly to Lyrna, Elphieya says, "I wish for main things, but I know blood rain rarely brings good things. I would rather see what I have to face and meet it instead of standing and being drenched in blood and freezing looking over my shoulder."

Leafiara suspiciously says, "I'm checking the gates again."

[scouting, nothing, return to TSC]

Leafiara dubiously says, "Still nothing at the gates."

Arianiss asks, "Did you check all the gates?"

Arianiss asks, "Even the secret ones?"

Gragtar: "Got a diseased scarab in me. This thing going to jump out of me and kill someone else?" [unrelated to Raznel; locksmithing incident]

Leafiara thoughtfully asks, "Well... join up and we'll--gather outside Moot Hall, I suppose?"

Speaking softly to Pukk, Razanetika says, "You're slacking."

Leafiara: "No, but you might need some aid with that disease!"

Lyrna says, "He was doing so earlier."

Speaking quietly to Razanetika, Pukk says, "How is that? I announced it several times."

Leafiara offhandedly says, "So weird."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a bone-framed bulletin board and a polished bleakstone statue.

Also here: Razanetika, Bernadette, Gutstorm, Mongonator, Zosopage, Leviathoar, Elphieya, Pukk, Lyrna, Arena Heroine Leafiara, Blades, Mistress Berkana, Wolfloner, Lord Thrassus, Ambassador Neopuron, Hapenlok, Shinann, Stormyrain, Mayor Lylia, Lazaryth

Speaking softly to Pukk, Razanetika says, "I didn't hear you."

Gragtar: "Well, that's good. At least I have a bunch of mushrooms around."

Speaking quietly to Razanetika, Pukk says, "Weird, because with those big ears of yours, I figured you would have heard from miles around."

Hapenlok says, "Oh, that was someone with fumbling fingers. I don't think it was the witch."

Leafiara cocks her head at Hapenlok.

Gutstorm grunts at the statue greedily, the gleam of silver in his eye!

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "The fella what got bitten by the scarab."

Gutstorm asks, "We gonna sell this thing?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Ahhh... yeah, probably not the witch. Just a locksmith."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "He's in the east tower."

(Pukk jumps around in the blood puddles.)

Blades nods at Pukk.

Blades exclaims, "Paint the town red!"

Gragtar: "Someone helped! Thanks for the advice."

Elphieya quietly says, "There is a wild eyed woman west of here."

Speaking curiously to Elphieya, Leafiara asks, "Where?"

[peer west, but had already moved to TSW; mild sidetrack to chase her down, but soon Hap says it's probably someone's sprite quest; return to TSE]


Mino-r Problems

Between claps of thunder, a faint, almost gutteral chanting can be heard in the distance but is then drowned out by another rumble of thunder.

Stormyrain: "Is something happening?"

Elphieya nervously asks, "Chanting?"

Hapenlok: "....oh, hell."

Razanetika softly says, "We got thunder."

Leafiara dubiously says, "Ah, now -that's- more like what I'd expect."

Elphieya quietly says, "Please tell me someone else heard that."

Pukk quietly says, "Sorry, that rumble was my tummy."

Blades asks, "Heard what?"

Hapenlok: "I can't be sure, but I think I heard some sort of chanting ...somewhere."

Elphieya: "There was a wild-eyed woman but she ran away."

Lazaryth says, "I probably should have gone to bed fifteen minutes ago."

Gutstorm says, "We need booze."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "If I can stand not having eaten in --"

Lazaryth says, "But it's too late now. My curiosity's piqued."

Pukk quietly asks, "Crux is around?"

Lylia corrects, "I am sure we are all a bit hungry, that is."

Blades asks, "Why does it always smell terrible around here?"

Dominikov: "Nothing like a good chant on Volnes to really startle the city."

Blades says, "Not anymore."

Lyrna says, "I have to say... quite the contrary."

Goldstr says, "Evenin friends."

Stormyrain: "..the woman is in the center of town."

Lyrna says, "Not even a little hungry anymore."

Stormyrain: "..was."

Elphieya quietly says, "Stormy saw the woman in the center of town she said."

Elphieya quietly asks, "Did anyone recognize her?"

Lazaryth asks, "Yes, but was she real, or a vision?"

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Leafi is our new Cryheart."

Mongonator says, "She had crazy eyes."

Lyrna says, "We saw a wild-eyed woman, and she dashed off."

Lylia says, "I shall remember that."

Pietra says, "That could be anyone..."

Leafiara muses, "If we investigate anything, maybe it should be that chanting. But... hard to tell where it came from."

Speaking to Pietra, Stormyrain says, "Any Landing citizen on any given night, really."

Shinann says, "True."

Lylia says, "I am not even certain I heard anything over the thunder and the driving rain."

Elphieya quietly says, "It was drowned out by the thunder. Sounded like it was coming from everywhere and nowhere all at once."

A flash of lightning makes the sky burn with a bright red glow as it carves through the ruddy blood-hued night. For a brief moment the image of a man can be seen on a far mountain in the distance. He looks like death, pale and white, his torso hugged by a bleakstone scarab carapace as armor. His eyes are like starless skies. He stares towards Wehnimer's Landing and disappears again in the dark of night as the glow of the lightning fades.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Leafi wasn't to be knighted, but will settle for a pat on the head."

Arianiss says, "I mean.. I certainly can't be a wild eyed woman.."

Zosopage says, "Ugh."

Dergoatean says, "Well that's... creepy."

Thrassus says, "Well."

Pukk quietly says, "That was some nice looking armor."

Blades says, "I expect a dramatic entrance."

Leafiara muses, "Yep. Brace yourselves."

Speaking to Arianiss, Pietra says, "You can if you really really want to."

Goldstr asks, "Wonder who?"

Dominikov asks, "I'm sorry. Is this rain... -blood-?"

Blades says, "No it's wine."

Blades says, "Drink up."

Speaking to Goldstr, Leafiara says, "Armor resembles Disean's new look... or at least what I could make out of it."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Remember if you die tonight, blame Leafi."

Speaking to Pukk, Lazaryth says, "I always do."

Speaking quietly to Pukk, Elphieya says, "Seems silly to blame one of the ones who can help bring you back if you die."

Zosopage says, "Or blame Pukk since he told us all to join her."

Razanetika softly says, "I would never blame Leafi."

Dominikov mutters, "My nice white shirt, too..."

Speaking confidently to Pukk, Leafiara says, "We'll manage somehow."

Leafiara adds, "...probably."

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "Oooh you're right."

Pukk recites quietly:

"You can blame me!"

Pukk quietly says, "Or better yet."

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra asks, "I think we always do?"

Speaking quietly to Pukk, Elphieya says, "At least you're a good distraction."

Pukk recites quietly:

"You can blame it all on Dwi!"

Lyrna says, "Why not... never mind... it was Pukk.."

Speaking approvingly to Elphieya, Leafiara agrees, "Definitely is that."

Mongonator says, "Now I got that song in my head."

Elphieya quietly asks, "What direction would someone on the mountain enter town?"

Speaking softly to Lylia, Razanetika asks, "Are you alright Mayor?"

Zosopage says, "Or blame it on us all falling asleep waiting for something to happen."

Elphieya quietly says, "I'm terrible with directions."

Goldstr says, "Many ways."

Speaking innocently to Mongonator, Pukk says, "No idea what you're talking about..."

Neopuron says, "I would think to the north or east."

Mongonator asks, "Well the town has 3 ways in right? 2 gates and the dock?"

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara suggests, "Could always go scouting, but... could have disappeared in any direction."

Shinann says, "No way to know which mountain."

Lylia says, "This depends on the mountain, but I do not think we are expecting ordinary visitors at this hour."

Speaking to Mongonator, Leafiara says, "Also from underground."

Thrassus says, "Don't forget the Rook tunnels."

Mongonator says, "Oooh."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Don't forget about them flying over the walls!"

Thrassus says, "It's not exactly difficult to get inside the walls."

Speaking musingly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Mm, catapults."

Arianiss says, "If I were to enter town I would launch myself into the biggest gathering spot amidst a hail of scarabs."

Disean: "Rise. Descend upon the enemies of the Blood Magi. Bleed them and grind their bones."

Speaking wearily to herself, Lylia says, "As porous as a sponge, and almost as soggy."

Arianiss says, "What a convenient place right now."

Hapenlok: "....Well, then."

Stormyrain says, "..damnit."

Speaking quietly to Arianiss, Elphieya says, "How about don't make suggestions."

Berost deeply says, "Diseann in my head."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Catapulting halflings....the most horrid of ways to be invaded..."

Leafiara determinedly says, "Here they come."

Stormyrain says, "Disean is calling the dead on the amulet."

A warhorn sounds in the distance.

Hapenlok: "Young Master Andrews...I heard you've been unwell, lately."

Pukk quietly says, "That was a weird horn."

Blades says, "And I just wanted to drink."

Elphieya quietly asks, "Not ours I'm guessing?"

Leafiara: "That's one way of putting it."

Hapenlok: "I have a cure for what ails you, friend. shall we?"

Lylia: "Ah. The son returns."

Stormyrain says, "Not ours."

Arianiss: "I didn't have my amulet on. Can you repeat what you said please?"

Speaking quietly to Elphieya, Pukk says, "I don't know...might be Falvicar's."

Leafiara exclaims, "To the gate!"

Dergoatean says, "That makes me think there will be battle."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: Sofal, Berost, Goldstr, Razanetika, Bernadette, Lord Gutstorm, Great Lord Mongonator, Zosopage, Elphieya, Pukk, Lyrna, Pietra, Arena Heroine Leafiara

A second warhorn sounds, slightly varied from the first.

Goldstr exclaims, "Disean controlled by da Witch now!"

Razanetika softly says, "We seem to be missing people."

Leafiara advises, "Best get ready for this to get ugly..."

Gutstorm says, "First sign of trouble, I'm hidin."

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "That's good. We'll probably need multiple groups."

Speaking to Gutstorm, Dominikov says, "You may want to hide..."

Elphieya quietly asks, "Should those of us not very useful except as healers go set up triage?"

Elphieya quietly asks, "Or wait for now?"

Flights of birds take to the sky from the forests outside of Wehnimer's Landing, shaken and stirred to move. They rise and rise against the curtain of blood from the heavens. They move in swarms as they depart the area quickly.

Speaking cautiously to Elphieya, Leafiara says, "That might be the best idea--preparing for triage, I mean."

[travel to west gate instead]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a rolton, a town guard, a reinforced large wooden gate and a tall wooden archery tower.

Also here: Stormyrain, Sofal, Berost, Goldstr, Razanetika, Bernadette, Lord Gutstorm, Great Lord Mongonator, Zosopage, Elphieya, Pukk, Lyrna, Pietra, Arena Heroine Leafiara, Soneiken, Shinann, Ambassador Neopuron

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Run! Roltons!"

Leafiara curiously asks, "Who's singing peace?"

Leafiara cautiously says, "We... might not want that, exactly."

Mongonator says, "Nobody."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Elphieya says, "Okay. I will set up in town square for now."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up! Defending the gates if needed!"

Gutstorm exclaims, "Kholac down!"

A rolton decays into a pile of fur and bone.

The ground begins to rumble and wild animals can be seen running out of the forest, fleeing for their lives at the approach of something.

Pukk quietly says, "No, no. That is a rolton. Not Kholac."

The town guard says, "Kilron was tryin ta sell me a drake falchion the other day. He wanted twelve thousand silvers! Really now, I don't know where he gets off."

Leafiara says, "We'll try to hold here, but... if we can't or if the enemies get through, we'll stay mobile."

Leafiara wryly says, "At least... that's the plan now. Plans can vanish quick."

Speaking quietly to a town guard, Pukk says, "I will sell one to you for two thousand."

Lyrna says, "At least the roltons aren't getting away with anything."

Pukk quietly asks, "It ran away, didn't it?"

A rolton trots in!

Pukk quietly says, "And came back."

Leafiara loudly roars, "Do your worst, Disean!"

Speaking to Neopuron, Leafiara comments, "Elphie's right... the worst part is the waiting, not the fighting."

[Roll result: 61 (open d100: -131)]

Pukk crouches, sweeps a leg at a rolton and connects!

Pukk whacks a rolton's legs futilely! Pukk stumbles back on his feet.

Pukk quietly says, "Egads."

Neopuron says, "Aye, I agree."

Pukk quietly says, "That was a wiley rolton."

Lyrna says, "You realize that those rolton have come back as undead in recent times."

Speaking to Pukk, Dominikov asks, "And how'd that go for you? Sturdier creatures than you think, eh?"

Lyrna says, "Maybe leaving them alone might be better."

Lyrna says, "Just a thought."

The first sign of the invaders can be seen in the dark thicket of the woods. Huge, brutish beasts begin to pour from the forest. Their thick arms wield mighy weapons and huge, ugly bovine heads rest upon broad shoulders. Braids of bone and tiny skulls are woven in their dark hair. Blood red sigils decorate some of their massive arced horns. Row by row, huge minotaurs come charging towards town!

Leafiara dubiously says, "Here they come."

Dergoatean: "In Dragonsclaw, I just see roltons."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody hide behind Leafi!"

Hapenlok: "...minotaurs...."

A stocky minotaur acolyte stomps in!

A stocky minotaur acolyte stomps in!

A stocky minotaur acolyte stomps in!

[combat ensues]

A white-haired minotaur magus slowly raises her gaze upward, then briefly closes her eyes.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A white-haired minotaur magus begins rumbling a spell while making mystic gestures through the air.

A white-haired minotaur magus gestures at a huge minotaur zealot.

A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing a huge minotaur zealot in it.

A brilliant glow forms around a huge minotaur zealot, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. The minotaur zealot awakens looking confused and somewhat drained.

Dergoatean: "Battle at both gates. Careful all."

Leafiara musingly says, "Oh, this is gonna be a problem."

Pietra says, "Damn magus."

Lauranathalasa asks, "Can we dispeel it?"

Arianiss: "All clear at TSC."

A militia archer fires from the tower, his arrow striking a huge minotaur zealot!

... 25 points of damage!

Well aimed shot, punctures calf!

Leafiara says, "If we had a sorcerer..."

Leafiara glances at Soneiken.

Dominikov says, "I mean, we could just -be friends-."

A huge minotaur zealot makes a move toward the gate. Suddenly the town guard draws his weapon and engages the zealot. "Away foul beast! You're not welcome here!" he cries.

A town guard swings a broadsword at a huge minotaur zealot!

AS: +649 vs DS: +287 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +97 = +489

... and hits for 117 points of damage!

Left leg mangled horribly.

The minotaur zealot is knocked to the ground!

Razanetika softly says, "I seem to be missing alot of health."

>at

Be at peace my child, there is no need to fight here.

Lauranathalasa says, "Get em sleepy."

A militia archer fires from the tower, his arrow striking a white-haired minotaur magus!

... 30 points of damage!

Impressive shot shatters wrist!

The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

[more combat]

Speaking quietly to a town guard, Pukk says, "Wow."

Bernadette softly says, "Go Sleepy."

a stocky minotaur acolyte makes a move toward the gate. Suddenly the town guard draws his weapon and engages the acolyte. "Away foul beast! You're not welcome here!" he cries.

A town guard swings a broadsword at a stocky minotaur acolyte!

AS: +649 vs DS: +279 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +67 = +467

... and hits for 117 points of damage!

Strong slash to the minotaur acolyte's right leg!

Muscles exposed!

Not a pretty sight.

The minotaur acolyte is knocked to the ground!

[combat]

A white-haired minotaur magus slowly raises her gaze upward, then briefly closes her eyes.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A white-haired minotaur magus begins rumbling a spell while making mystic gestures through the air.

A white-haired minotaur magus gestures at a huge minotaur zealot.

A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing a huge minotaur zealot in it.

A brilliant glow forms around a huge minotaur zealot, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. The minotaur zealot awakens looking confused and somewhat drained.

Leafiara musingly says, "This is really gonna be a problem."

Lauranathalasa says, "Someone should be on loot duty." [OOC: didn't occur to me in the heat of the moment what she meant, but if soomeone was instantly looting every body then the magi couldn't raise]

Dergoatean: "West gate has a sanct up. I think they came from the minotaurs themselves."

Leafiara tentatively asks, "Can someone summon a demon?"

Leafiara: "They did. We need a demon summoner or two."

Hapenlok: "Yep, I believe the magus can and will raise from the dead."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Dominikov bitterly says, "OW."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Dominikov says, "I do wish they wouldn't step on my corpse."

Neopuron says, "Bah."

Pietra says, "That was unhappy."

Leafiara says, "Whew..."

Elphieya: "If you can get the dead to TSC there is help there."

Leafiara exclaims, "So far so good! ...mostly!"

[combat]

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "Good job mini Cryheart!"

[combat]

Shinann: "See any in town?"

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Got one that snuck through."

Leafiara: "West Gate holding steady!"

[combat]

Shinann: "I am looking around."

Arianiss: "I got one that got through west gate."

Leafiara asks, "Can anyone take the dead back to the square?"

Arianiss: "Not thinking names or anything..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "I got em."

Zosopage grabs Dominikov's body and drags it north.

Pietra says, "Or not."

Leafiara: "Their sanctuaries are quite a problem."

Thadston can be seen amidst a horde of Militiamen as they move through the streets of town, wading out into the forest to push back against the tide of minotaurs.

[combat, moving due to sanctuaries]

Goldstr asks, "Thadston?"

Leafiara: "Now patrolling the whole forerst."

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

The underbrush is quite thick here near the forest's edge, forcing you to slow your steps as you maneuver through the trees. You also see a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a velnalin, a tiny grey pearl, a wooden arrow, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot that appears dead, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, an onyx-inset carved wooden runestaff, the Lyrna disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, the Pukk disk, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a wrinkled truffle, a vine-covered arch and a briar patch.

Also here: Soneiken, Goldstr, Bernadette, Great Lord Mongonator, Pukk, Lyrna, Pietra, Arena Heroine Leafiara

Thadston can be seen amidst a horde of Militiamen as they move through the streets of town, wading out into the forest to push back against the tide of minotaurs.

Zosopage: "They've breached the town."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Hmm."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "This is a ... mild probem." [partly referring to the sancts, but also to the following sight...]

You peer west and see ...

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

The underbrush is quite thick here near the forest's edge, forcing you to slow your steps as you maneuver through the trees. You also see a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a white-haired minotaur magus, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a white-haired minotaur magus, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a kobold that appears dead, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, an engraved silver coffer, an acid-pitted iron chest, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot, a star sapphire, an engraved steel trunk, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is sitting, a huge minotaur zealot, a wooden arrow, a huge minotaur zealot, a wooden arrow, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, an onyx-inset carved wooden runestaff, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte that is sitting, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a wrinkled truffle, a vine-covered arch and a briar patch.

Also here: High Lady Lauranathalasa, the body of Great Lord Mongonator who is lying down

Dark hooded figures bounce along rooftops of town, firing arrows down at minotaurs at the gates and beyond the pallisade walls and circling around and cutting off those who make their way past the gates.

Leafiara says, "How can we get that large bunch of them..."

Arianiss says, "I can't tell if when I take control of the sanctuary and leave if it drops it."

Speaking musingly to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "Interesting thought."

>n

[Wehnimer's, Exterior] As you progress on this north-south path, the dark forest to the west catches your eye. A little forbidding in its primeval appearance, it is sure to offer a good source of small-game hunting. You also see a rotting maoral coffer, a polished bloodwood wand, a violet sapphire, a dented steel trunk, a stocky minotaur acolyte that appears dead, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, the orange Hapenlok disk, a metal wand, a wooden arrow, an iced cherry muffin, an animated huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a mottled rolton hide tent and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Hapenlok

Hapenlok exclaims, "I got this!"

Leafiara exclaims, "Okay!"

Hapenlok says, "Go for the magus."

Arianiss exclaims, "You left!"

Speaking to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "Can't do anything when they sanct... have to move to clear out the bunch."

Leafiara says, "Speaking of the bunch, they're over to the west..."

Elphieya: "Clerics needs in TSC. The one who was here was linked when someone died again."

Leafiara exclaims, "Brace yourself!"

Arianiss asks, "Did my sanctuary fall when I walked off?"

>w

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

The underbrush is quite thick here near the forest's edge, forcing you to slow your steps as you maneuver through the trees. You also see a huge minotaur zealot, a huge minotaur zealot, a white-haired minotaur magus, a huge minotaur zealot, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a huge minotaur zealot, some light leather, an engraved silver coffer, an acid-pitted iron chest, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a star sapphire, an engraved steel trunk, a huge minotaur zealot that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is sitting, a wooden arrow, a wooden arrow, an onyx-inset carved wooden runestaff, a stocky minotaur acolyte that is sitting, a wrinkled truffle, a vine-covered arch and a briar patch.

Someone screams within town and then is suddenly silenced.

[combat]

Hapenlok: "What was that?"

Shinann: "Anyone near that scream?"

Hapenlok: "Anyone heard that scream?"

Leafiara: "Too busy out here in the forest, but we heard it."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Whew..."

Arianiss exclaims, "Hurry hurry hurry. Next champion!"

Arianiss exclaims, "Time is ticking!"

Arianiss exclaims, "Need my bloodscrip!"

Lazaryth: "Looking."

[combat]


Fire It Up, Blameless

Lazaryth: "There's a fire.. in town square northeast.."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Fires in town..."

[combat]

Elphieya: "Help wants to come in, is there a gate safe to enter?"

Smoke rises in different locations within Wehnimer's Landing.

Dergoatean: "Neither gate is especially safe."

Leafiara: "What's the situation inside?"

Dergoatean: "Both are successfully beating off attacks rather quickly."

Lazaryth: "Where can I get water? We have buckets somewhere, yes?"

Elphieya: "Fires inside it seems. impossible to pinpoint where from TSC."

A white-haired minotaur magus slowly raises his gaze upward, then briefly closes his eyes.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A white-haired minotaur magus begins rumbling a spell while making mystic gestures through the air.

A white-haired minotaur magus gestures at a huge minotaur zealot.

A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing a huge minotaur zealot in it.

A brilliant glow forms around a huge minotaur zealot, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. The minotaur zealot awakens looking confused and somewhat drained.

Arianiss says, "Okay, stay here."

Arianiss traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...

Arianiss gestures.

A sense of peace and calm resettles over the area.

Lord Arianiss just went north.

From nearby, you hear Arianiss yell, "Did it fall?"

Dergoatean: "Fires in town square northeast."

Dergoatean: "Save Tykel's!"

Leafiara yells, "It didn't!"

Townspeople shout, "Fires! Fires! They're coming up from below! The Blameless!"

Zosopage says, "The town's been breached."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Even so..."

Elphieya: "The Blameless."

Shinann: "Where did you see fires?"

Lazaryth: "Town square northeast."

The eerie echo of an old churchbell sounds in the distance.

Lazaryth: "It's getting huge."

Arianiss exclaims, "Yeah, get the roltons!"

Dergoatean: "Also fires on south ring road, toward the east end of it, at the warehouse."

Leafiara says, "Will head in shortly."

Goldstr says, "Dang sancts."

Lylia: "Moot Hall. Buckets on the table. Grab buckets there, or in any inn or tavern. Put those fires out!"

Lazaryth: "Massive rotting crusaders in town."

Leafiara exclaims, "After this group!"

[combat]

Dergoatean: "And fires just west of the Prestidigitorium at the east end of south ring road."

Leafiara exclaims, "Heading in!"

[Wehnimer's, West Ring Rd.]

The road bends to conform to the inside curve of the southern and western walls of the high modwir log palisades, which converge here. A whiff of the scents of the marketplace rises from a narrow lane to the east. You also see the Zosopage disk, a white-armored rotting crusader, an ivy-bordered silver sign, a brick pathway leading to an ornate silver gate and a dark ladder leaning against a large iron-plated tower.

Zosopage, Bernadette, Soneiken and Goldstr followed.

[combat]

Lazaryth: "Crusader in town square east, already killed two."

Leafiara: "Fighting one on West Ring Road."

Dergoatean: "Crusaders resist magic."

Leafiara says, "If only we could do something about that antimagic..."

Hapenlok: "I'm handling the minotaurs..."

  • Hapenlok just bit the dust!

Thrassus: "He sure handled them."

[combat]

Roblar: "Dat Moot Hall one ded nows."

Lylia: "Thank you."

Disean: "Go forth, carry out the Master's work."

Roblar: "Kerse mayor!"

Leafiara: "Two more done for!"

Dergoatean: "Disean you're a moron."

Hapenlok: "That was ironic."

Lazaryth: "Fire in town square northeast is out. Any more?"

[trave]

Leafiara: "Patrolling."

Goldstr: "Who yer cowardly Master Disean?"

Dergoatean: "Two fires were on south ring road."

Lylia: "You must always have a master, boy, and cannot master yourself, it seems. What a useless child. Your poor father."

Dergoatean: "Near east end of it."

Zosopage says, "Fires."

Lazaryth: "Crusader in town square northeast now."

[travel to dea with that]

[Town Square, Northeast] The entrance to Tykel's Arms, its heavy door bounded by iron-barred windows, dominates this corner of the square. All manner of citizens pass by, moving among the solid, multistoried wooden buildings that surround the bazaar. Just to the southwest can be seen the tree-shaded heart of the square, where citizens and adventurers gather for socializing, healing and rest. You also see a decomposing red-eyed bleak knight, a white-armored rotting crusader, a narrow alleyway and a jagged mist-filled fissure.

Dergoatean, Zosopage, Bernadette, Soneiken and Goldstr followed.

[but things start going south...]

A white-armored rotting crusader's eye sockets glow with an searing cold blue light!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Leafiara!

AS: +770 vs DS: +524 with AvD: +51 + d100 roll: +71 = +368

... and hits for 119 points of damage!

Right arm ripped from socket at the elbow!

Leafiara is knocked to the ground!

She is stunned!

A white-armored rotting crusader's eye sockets glow with an searing cold blue light!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Dergoatean!

AS: +770 vs DS: +670 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +68 = +210

... and hits for 62 points of damage!

Crushing blow crumples Dergoatean's nose!

He is stunned!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at you!

AS: +770 vs DS: +475 with AvD: +51 + d100 roll: +18 = +364

... and hits for 112 points of damage!

Her right leg is mangled horribly.

  • Leafiara drops dead at your feet!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Dergoatean!

AS: +770 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +86 = +274

... and hits for 144 points of damage!

Massive blow smashes through ribs and drives Dergoatean's heart out the back.

  • Dergoatean drops dead at your feet!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Zosopage!

AS: +770 vs DS: +519 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +70 = +355

... and hits for 30 points of damage!

Strike to the chest breaks a rib!

The ghostly voice of Leafiara remarks, "Those hit pretty hard."

A white-armored rotting crusader's eye sockets glow with an searing cold blue light!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Bernadette!

AS: +786 vs DS: +339 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +44 = +537

... and hits for 47 points of damage!

Blow to chest causes Bernadette's heart to skip a beat.

She is stunned!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Bernadette!

AS: +786 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +42 = +555

... and hits for 45 points of damage!

Shot pierces a wrist!

A white-armored rotting crusader swings a bloodstained white flail at Bernadette!

AS: +530 vs DS: +310 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +86 = +352

... and hits for 23 points of damage!

Whiplash!

  • Bernadette drops dead at your feet!


Recover

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: the body of Arena Heroine Leafiara who is lying down, Lord Arianiss, Takoa, Lazaryth, the body of Lyrna who is lying down, Cheldon who is sitting, Dinklz, Pereus, Roiken, Mazgull, Zerbino, Demietria, Nakiro, Kharhazz, Alatarion, Rhayveign, Lord Thrassus, Stormicore, Shyspirit, Lord Gesaril who is sitting, the body of High Lady Lauranathalasa who is lying down, Ososis, Lord Faennian, the body of Dominikov who is lying down, the body of Towermen who is lying down, Visions, Elphieya, Great Lord Demicone

The ghostly voice of Lyrna says, "So far..."

Alatarion says, "Death is coming."

Faennian says, "We've lost sanctuary here before."

Thrassus says, "It likely will not remain so."

Elphieya quietly says, "They are dying northeast of here."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara muses, "Those would be the ones for Roblar to fight."

[self-raise]

The ghostly voice of Goldstr says, "Bah."

The ghostly voice of Lyrna says, "I'd disagree, death is here, it's a question of where exactly."

Neopuron says, "Another one ran into my boulder."

Elphieya recites quietly:

"Leafi is ready for life"

Leafiara says, "Will aid once I... have mana..."

The ghostly voice of Bernadette softly says, "Tanks fer the drag."

Elphieya quietly says, "Ah she is alive."

Speaking amusedly to Elphieya, Leafiara says, "Oh, I'm quite alright."

The ghostly voice of Lyrna says, "Leafi is ..."

Speaking impatiently to Elphieya, Leafiara exclaims, "No time to be dead!"

The ghostly voice of Lyrna says, "Yep."

Calael says, "Everyone is coming up..."

Calael raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...

Calael gestures at a translucent mist-shrouded spirit.

[raises everyone]

Dominikov asks, "I am not strong enough to fight, but I cannot simply sit here. What can I do to help the townsfolk?"

Speaking firmly to Elphieya, Alatarion says, "You stay here."

Speaking firmly to Elphieya, Alatarion says, "The death knights are a handful."

Speaking quietly to Alatarion, Elphieya says, "I am more use here too."

Speaking quietly to Alatarion, Elphieya says, "Please stay alive."

Speaking to Elphieya, Alatarion says, "Why? There's no fun in that."

Speaking quietly to Alatarion, Elphieya asks, "Call it a favor to me?"

Speaking to Elphieya, Alatarion says, "Then I would expect something suitable in return."

[triage]

Leafiara says, "Now to regroup..."

Leafiara musingly says, "Somehow."

Merjinia says, "That was not very smart of me, going out to save things.."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up to return to the battlefield!"

[travel, combat]

Leafiara indignantly says, "Fine... we'll do this the magical way."


[combat]

Leafiara marvels, "Wow are they antsy."

Dark hooded figures continue to move through alleys and streets, firing on minotaurs as they wander into town, or firing on white-armored crusaders, impaling them in dozens of white-glowing arrows. Another figure moves among the Rooks, draped in black that matches her featureless mask carved in blood red sigils. Mother seems to be hurrying about, and as enemies come closer, her hands stretch out and they are thrown aside. As more crusaders pour up from the tunnels, Mother is led out of sight by some red-beaked Rooks.

[withdrawal to triage]

Shinann: "Crusaders wandering the streets."

Leafiara declares, "Movin' back out!"

[travel, combat]

  • Lylia just bit the dust!

Disean: "Your body to dust cannot escape Mayor..."

Hapenlok: "Who is still outside the gates?"

[combat]

Roblar spins around looking for something to attack!

Roblar thunders out an ear-splitting caterwaul and runs east after a white-armored rotting crusader!

[combat]

Leafiara bemusedly says, "Well, I -was- going to say let's join Roblar, but..."

[combat]


Chase

Disean: "Rise brothers. Their gate stands defeated."

Lauranathalasa says, "Grab Blades."

Arianiss: "This doesn't seem so dangerous."

Hapenlok: "NOT YET!"

Vazhka: "There's a very bad looking man outside the north gate."

[combat]

Bernadette softly says, "We neess mer muscle."

Shinann: "Blameless on The Mews."

[combat, minos]

Leafiara says, "Too many sancts..."

>ne

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a stocky minotaur acolyte, a stocky minotaur acolyte, a white-haired minotaur magus that is lying down, a white-haired minotaur magus that is lying down, a huge minotaur zealot that is sitting, a plain thanot trunk, a polished bloodwood wand, a rotting fel box, a slender blue wand, a dented mithril coffer, an iron-bound modwir chest, an engraved gold coffer, an iron-bound haon coffer, an iron-bound modwir chest, a scratched brass strongbox, an obscure palimpsest, a polished bloodwood wand, an iron-bound tanik strongbox, a weathered wooden chest, a corroded brass strongbox, a ruffled grey-headed hawk that is flying around, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: Zosopage, Bernadette, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Blades, Arena Heroine Leafiara, Hapenlok, Lord Disean

[combat]

Lord Disean just went through some reinforced wooden gates.

Leafiara: "Disean's entered the gates!"

Arianiss: "I was running to drop off boxes.. I was NOT running from you.."

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Razanetika...

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a lustrous steel battle axe, a large wooden barrel and the town gates.

Also here: the body of Razanetika who is lying down, Lord Disean

  • Hapenlok just bit the dust!

Leafiara drags Razanetika's body south.

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see a sleek red-footed falcon that is flying around and a large painted sign.

Also here: the body of Razanetika who is lying down, the body of Hapenlok who is lying down, Lord Disean

Zosopage, Bernadette, Lauranathalasa and Blades followed.

[takes Raza to TSC, returns to Hap]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see a sleek red-footed falcon that is flying around and a large painted sign.

Also here: the body of Hapenlok who is lying down, Lord Disean

>ms disea

For some reason you can't attack Disean.

Disean kicks some dirt on the corpse of Hapenlok.

Stilehe: "Disean be swingin at others. Careful with him."

Lord Disean just went east.

[pursuit, but he's long gone]

Shinann asks, "Where did Disean go?"

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara says, "East, but I couldn't find him..."

Arianiss: "Shanty Town is on fire."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Shanty Town]

No bright lamps light the unpaved road here, and the layer of mud that passes for streets in Shanty Town is treacherous and slippery with seepage from the nearby river. A few sorry shacks stand cluttered together in this southeast corner, their doors and windows dark with tattered and drawn curtains, holding untold tales of suffering or malice. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a rock-lined path that leads past one of the shacks.

Leafiara says, "Buckets..."

[travel, getting buckets]

Shinann asks, "Did he kill Hapenlok?"

Leafiara says, "He did."

[return to fires]

Leafiara exclaims, "Fire brigade!"

Shinann asks, "Did Hapenlok try to kill him first?"

Speaking tentatively to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Maybe, but I tried to attack Disean and... found that I couldn't, really. It almost reminded me of Chaston."

Lauranathalasa asks, "Would it be terrible to let Shanty Town burn?"

Speaking to Lauranathalasa, Leafiara says, "...yes."

[putting out fires]

Shinann says, "I mean... I just want information. We know he summoned them, but all is Raznel's doing."

Lylia: "Fires. Disean is starting them himself. I have seen it."

Fires and smoke rise within Wehnimer's Landing as warehouses and storehouses begin to burn! Townspeople scream, "Our food! Our grain!"

Leafiara says, "Ah... so according to Lylia, we'll need to stop Disean first."

[travel]

Shinann says, "Oh no."

Lazaryth: "Pales. Are crusaders still roaming the streets, or can we come out and fight the fires?"

Elphieya: "The food is burning."

Leafiara: "Still roaming."

Lyrna: "They were a minute ago."

Hapenlok: "WHERE IS HE?!"

[travel]

Lyrna: "I can only tell you he went east after he finished kicking your body, but I could not find him."

Leafiara: "Also searching for him here."

Dergoatean: "Disean at Locksmehr way."

[travel]

Dergoatean: "He escaped."

[travel]

Leafiara mutters, "Where..."

[combat]

Lylia: "But why would..."

Dergoatean: "Fires all over east side of town."

Hordes of rotting crusaders continue to pour through the streets of town as fires burn away storehouses.

Lauranathalasa asks, "Storehouses?"

Leafiara says, "Storehouses are all over..."

[combat]

A tiny kitten arrives, dodging the many trampling feet.

Lauranathalasa exclaims, "Kitty!"

Shinann says, "Run."

[travel]

Shinann says, "I was talking to the kitten."

[travel, combat]


Return of Walkar?

A red light flares in the distance.

Dergoatean: "Anyone find Disean again?"

Lauranathalasa says, "Good thing we got Pukk the mule." [to carry boxes since the rest of us couldn't]

Leafiara curiously says, "What's that light..."

[travel, combat]

Leafiara: "Not yet!"

Pukk picks up a badly damaged wooden coffer and stows it in a translucent spidersilk backpack.

Pukk quietly says, "Egads."

Pukk quietly says, "I'm slow like Cryheart."

Shinann says, "They are everywhere."

Leafiara says, "They are."

The spark of red light flares again, getting closer.

[travel]

Leafiara says, "What is that light..."

Falvicar joins Leafiara's group.

Speaking brightly to Falvicar, Leafiara exclaims, "There you are!"

Lauranathalasa sings:

"Walk into the light Leafiara"

Speaking hopefully to Falvicar, Leafiara asks, "Zealot?"

[combat; one magus is mixed in with crusaders]

Leafiara exclaims, "Get the magus!"

[combat]

  • Disean just bit the dust! [but that's temporary]

The ghostly voice of Zosopage says, "Got all but one of the fires here."

[combat]

Lauranathalasa says, "Ouch."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Whew..."

Greycrown says, "I'll find Berkana."

[taking dead Blades back to TSC]

Elphieya quietly says, "Scarabs east. If they come here. Run."

Razanetika softly says, "Disean is EAST."

Greycrown says, "She's rescued."

[travel, combat, minos, crusaders, knights, withdrawal to TSC]

The red light gets closer and now the image of a man appears on a wooded hillside beyond Wehnimer's Landing. The darkness of night conceals most of his form and visage, but the bright red glow of his breastplate casts a sanguine shadow along the ground before him. He holds up an axe over his head and lets forth a roar!

Faennian says, "Oh boy."

Leafiara uncertainly asks, "Is that... it can't be, right?"

Hapenlok says, "...what the hell."

Cheldon says, "It's only begun..."

Falvicar quietly asks, "The hell is that?"

Bernadette softly asks, "Aye what?"

From nearby, you hear Pereus yell, "They are biting now?!"

Razanetika softly says, "Oh boy."

Razanetika softly says, "Here HE comes......"

Falvicar: "What the blood hell is that?"

Sofal says, "I hope he is on our side."

Lyrna: "Since we know how that it isn't Disean."

Leafiara says, "Is that... Walkar's armor? I'd only heard stories, but..."

Speaking to Blades, Santiel says, "Niima blesses you."

Leafiara uncertainly says, "It isn't, right? Or..."

Disean: "....Walkar?"

Leafiara admits, "It fits the description I've heard from some of you."

Hapenlok says, "That can't be him, I WATCHED HIM die."

Leafiara mutters, "Grand."

Bernadette softly asks, "Is he bringing himself back?"

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Razanetika says, "Maybe Raznel brought him back."

Leafiara: "Or... just his armor...?"

Dergoatean: "Wasn't the armor of bleakstone, though?"

Elphieya quietly says, "Zealot east of here."

Shinann says, "Disean did raise the dead."

[travel, combat]

Lazaryth: "Minotaurs in town. Which you may already know."

Lazaryth: "I did not."

Hapenlok: "Oh, Mynon, that was a damn good hit by the way...too bad he didn't stay dead."

The axe-wielded man bathed in the red light of his breastplate slowly marches towards town, screaming guttural cries at the top of his lungs. The host of minotaurs begin to turn, seeing the approaching myth behind them. The first minotaur turns to flee. It does not take a minute for the second to run, then a third. Soon the minotaurs sound their retreat, just as the glowing crimson warrior wades into their mix, hacking at their heads and horns as they flee around him.

Leafiara confusedly says, "What the..."

Hapenlok: "Glad I gave you the opening, though."

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Sure did look like Walkar."

Hapenlok: "I watched him die."

Dergoatean: "How many times have you died, Hap?"

Dergoatean: "How many people watched it?"

Leafiara: "Even just from hearing stories from some of you, I recognized the armor on sight, but... this is curious."

Hapenlok: "No, I mean the final death."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "There was no coming back from the way he went out."

Dergoatean: "And yet."

[combat]

Disean: "END WALKAR! END HIM NOW!"

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Disean, you're a moron."

Falvicar: "First end you..."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "She killed your mother, Disean. Just remember that."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Where'd everyone go to?"

[combat]

Leafiara: "Fighting on South Ring Road still."

Disean can be seen rushing out into the Lower Dragonsclaw forest, white-armored crusaders falling in behind him as he approaches the axe-wielding man descending from the hill.

[combat]

Leafiara says, "...but maybe we should head to the site of that battle."

Leafiara exclaims, "After this, to the Lower Dragonsclaw!"

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Maybe... retreat would be best." [too few people and too many injuries]

Roblar: "We in da forest, sanctuary."


Showdown

[travel]

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

You release the scents of the various herbs growing on the forest floor with your steps. They mingle with the breeze that courses through the trees to create an ever-changing, but always pleasant, aroma. You also see a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a translucent mist-shrouded spirit that is flying around, the Dergoatean disk, a white-armored rotting crusader, a white-armored rotting crusader, a white-armored rotting crusader, a white-armored rotting crusader, a white-armored rotting crusader and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: High Lady Lauranathalasa, Arena Heroine Leafiara, Calael, Hapenlok, Dergoatean, Pietra, Tsarok, Arena Hero Roblar, Lord Disean

Pietra says, "I hate it when my fights with my parents endanger the entire region..."

Arianiss exclaims, "To the Arena!"

Speaking deeply to a white-armored rotting crusader, Roblar says, "Will send you where yer friends went."

The man in glowing red armor continues to wade through the forest, hacking at the minotaurs as they flee the sight of him.

Disean raises his black blade, white maggots fattening and beginning to ooze as they crawl along it. Disean seems narrowly focused on the red glow approaching.

Dergoatean tickles Disean.

Dergoatean winks at Disean.

Speaking to Disean, Shinann says, "Do not. You are not in control of yourself."

Speaking to Shinann, Dergoatean says, "I doubt there's anything worth talking to in there."

Lylia says, "He has never controlled himself. Always controlled by others."

Speaking quietly to Disean, Pukk says, "I heard you were making a name for yourself."

Speaking to Disean, Hapenlok says, "...she killed your mother."

Speaking to Shinann, Dergoatean says, "But by all means, give it your best shot."

Lylia says, "Not his father's son, for a certainty."

Leafiara whispers something to Pukk.

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Roblar!"

Pukk recites quietly:

"Our new new Cryheart!"

Just then, emerging from the woods, the man in the red glowing breastplate appears. Disean moves to lunge with his sword, and the red-armored man runs forward, just as the illusion surrounding him drops. In Walkar's place stands Thadston, snarling, and bringing his blackened kroderine gauntlets around in a twim hammerfist to smash into Disean's bleakstone scarab armor. The result sounds out a huge shockwave, sending Thadston flying back into a tree, no, through a tree, and sends Disean flying off into the distance, his armor cracking open and crumbling to pieces as he disappears in the woods.

Dergoatean says, "Oooooh."

Leafiara says, "...his armor indeed."

Pietra says, "That was loud...."

Dergoatean says, "Woooow."

A wave of energy continues to pour out, and one by one, the white-armored crusaders begin to topple. Thud. Thud. Thud.


Desperate Measures

Thadston falls over.

Lyrna says, "Well."

Speaking to Thadston, Dergoatean says, "Nice trick."

Speaking to Thadston, Leafiara comments, "Stepped it up a bit there..."

Xorus says, "Putting Osment's gauntlets to good use."

Wisps of smoke curl up from Thadston's gauntlets and the flesh of his arms seems to almost shift and ripple.

Roblar deeply says, "Quite da charge."

Mynon says, "Lord Andrews."

Speaking to Thadston, Sofal says, "I think you are allergic to that pulse."

Speaking relievedly to Thadston, Hapenlok says, "Had me fooled."

Speaking to Leafiara, Zosopage says, "At least I had time to refill my bucket."

The crusaders topple, crumbling to dust.

Dergoatean: "One crusader left on north ring road. One left in Town Square."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Rarr says, "Not a difficult endeavor."

Speaking deeply to Dergoatean, Roblar asks, "Got it?"

Lyrna: "How are the fires?"

Speaking to Roblar, Dergoatean says, "Left it, was just scouting."

Dergoatean: "I didn't note any, but I moved very quickly."

Thadston coughs, blood spilling from his mouth. The skin of his arms still ripple but then slow. Smoke still rises from the blackened gauntlets.

Arianiss: "I think Shanty Town burned down."

Thadston tries to talk, but his teeth chatter as he attempts to muster a word.

Lylia: "Guttering, if not out. I saw none where I traveled. I did not move too far south."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia murmurs something you don't understand.

Speaking tentatively to Shinann, Leafiara inquires, "Is this beyond... conventional healing abilities?"

Speaking gruffly to Thadston, Roblar says, "You've lived through worse, shake it off soldier."

Shinann nods to Leafiara.

Thadston woundedly says, "She...she is not...the...one with illusions..."

Speaking to Roblar, Dergoatean asks, "Got some dirt for him to rub on it?"

Shinann asks, "You mean the only one?"

Thadston says, "Yes...."

Shinann says, "We see that."

Leafiara approvingly says, "I like it."

Lyrna: "There are still fires active."

Thadston tries to say something again and his teeth chatter.

Speaking to Thadston, Dergoatean says, "It's good luck. The aftermath, maybe not so much."

Lazaryth says, "The fires -"

Lazaryth just went northeast.

Speaking to Thadston, Dergoatean says, "Take it easy, man. Rest a minute."

Thadston says, "That...fricken hurt."

Lazaryth: "Where?"

Leafiara tentatively says, "But maybe you should only pull this trick very so often."

Thadston suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Thadston looks around the crowd, checking for someone, but then squinting when he does not find them.

Lyrna: "I'm south east of the exchange booth."

Zosopage says, "I'm sure it didn't tickle."

Lauranathalasa asks, "Who are you looking for Thadston?"

Roblar deeply says, "Yer son went through a tree."

Draught says, "There is a rotting crusader near the warrior guild."

Thadston woundedly says, "No one."

Lylia quietly says, "One does what one must."

Roblar nods at Draught.

Roblar deeply says, "Dat cannot stand."

Thadston nods at Lylia.

Draught says, "I tried to intervene..."

Hapenlok asks, "...So now, what?"

Speaking to Thadston, Lylia asks, "Is there anything we can do for the pain?"

Roblar: "Any more crusaders?"

Thadston weakly says, "I thought...that Walkar might make him...riled."

Thadston says, "No. I should sleep."

Lylia simply says, "You thought correctly. Thank you."

Dergoatean says, "Riled for sure."

Talonir asks, "Ale, lots?"

Shinann says, "Yes."

Shinann says, "You should."

Zosopage says, "I have some good ale."

Bernadette softly says, "Rest might do ye some good."

Leafiara amicably says, "Success, then. ...for now."

Thadston says, "He'll be back. But this will buy us some time."

Speaking to Thadston, Hapenlok says, "It worked. It riled me up, too."

Roblar deeply says, "Didn't see any left." [he'd gone to look for lingering crusaders]

Speaking to Thadston, Dergoatean says, "Had my hopes up, too."

Thadston says, "I hope..."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Shinann asks, "What does not rile you up?"

Sofal says, "Problem with that, usually only works once."

Lyrna says, "I think we got the last of the fires, although I didn't check everywhere."

Thadston steadies himself against a tree, near one of the ones he was thrown through.

Draught: "So what just happened?"

Thadston says, "I hope Raelee gets that coffin soon."

Kembriana melodically exclaims, "Careful, tree!"

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Well, watching a dead man running towards me in the forest, is only the most recent thing to rile me, and even scare me a bit."

Roblar: "Come to da forest."

Thadston says, "Or I'll go grab one from the damn Hall myself."

Lylia snaps, "When you can set the entire town on fire and raise the dead, Hapenlok, I shall worry about whether your well-being is foremost in the minds of all, but otherwise, do let the man speak."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "And yes, I said scared."

Thadston leans on Shinann.

Thadston says, "Barr..barracks please."

Speaking softly to Thadston, Razanetika says, "She was here earlier."

[travel]

Roblar deeply says, "Race her."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The east-west road continues, closed in on the south by the militia barracks and on the north by the twelve-foot-high wall of the city itself. The occasional thud of leather boots in unison upon cobbled pavement and the clipped shouts of barked orders reverberate off the modwir walls along this part of the road. The scents of leather, weapon oil and hearty cooking fill the night air. You also see the town barracks and a jagged mist-filled fissure.

Also here: Arena Heroine Leafiara Calael, Hapenlok, Pietra, Tsarok, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Great Lord Mongonator, Blades, Bernadette, Sofal, Yakushi, Pukk, Razanetika, Pereus, Dergoatean, Roiken, Falvicar, Dinklz, Zosopage, Arena Hero Roblar

Shinann's group just arrived.

Roblar winks at Shinann.

Shinann's group just went through a thick iron gate.

Arena Hero Roblar's group just went through a thick iron gate.

[Town Barracks, Inner Courtyard]

Stone walls wrap around to form a solid enclosure to the courtyard, the ground smooth and paved with dark cobblestones. Barely visible beyond the thick iron gate stretches North Ring Road and an expanse of the palisades of Wehnimer's Landing. A large two-story brick building dominates the far end of the courtyard, its roof topped with a black and grey flag. You also see a dark wooden table with some stuff on it.

Speaking to Roblar, Leafiara explains, "She's helping a wounded man."

Thadston says, "Thank...thank you."

Shinann's group just went into a large two-story brick building.

Arena Hero Roblar's group just went into a large two-story brick building.

[Town Barracks, Entryway]

The stone floor of the barracks entrance expands out in all directions, its smooth surface marred by numerous boot scuffs. To the east, through an open archway, the glimmer of metal armor and weapons can be seen, while the clatter and chatter of the dining hall echoes in from the south. A wide wooden stairwell dominates the western wall, rising up to reach the second floor.

Thadston stumbles off and is escorted by militiamen to his quarters.