Difference between revisions of "Witchful Thinking - 5119-09-10 - Shadowing the Crowd"

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "'''Imaerasta 10-11, 5119''' '''by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier''' =Summary= * A small shadow is seen moving around the ::Wehnimer's Land...")
 
m
 
Line 2,229: Line 2,229:
  
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
[[Category: Logs]]
+
[[Category: KST]]
[[Category:Witchful Thinking]]
+
[[Category: Witchful Thinking]]

Latest revision as of 21:22, 3 December 2019

Imaerasta 10-11, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • A small shadow is seen moving around the Landing, but it gives adventurers the slip as they try to track it--at least until it approaches Moot Hall and takes shape. It's the goblin Stiletto and a few people like Sir Cryheart and Captain Stormyrain seem happy to see him at first. His skin moves like liquid shadows and he says "she" won't let meddling go unanswered. Captain Shinann tells him that Thrayzar's been worried about him and asks if he remembers, but Stiletto says "I do not forget the man among orcs who let us be slaughtered and abandoned us to you all" and says to warn Thrayzar that there will be consequences if they continue.
  • As Shinann and Cryheart say to inform Raznel that they won't back down, Mayor Lylia says Stiletto must have another reason for coming besides telling everyone what they already know. Stiletto says he does and sends bleakstone scarabs burrowing into the arms of Shinann and Stormy before he melts into the ground.
  • Stormy and Shinann soon note that they're unable to use magic and both soon leave, looking unwell in differnt ways.
  • Meanwhile, the crowd makes note of those who have scarabs and what types: Balley with a black shadow scarab, Bernadette with a blood marble one, Chaoswynd with a blood marble one, Darcena with a blood marble one, Shinann with a bleakstone one, and Stormy with a bleakstone one. However, only the recent bleakstone ones have cut off access to magic. Goldstr raises questions over whether those with scarabs can pass the Hall of Mages' magical barrier, but just before Sir Cryheart's about to lead to investigate...
  • Icy mists swirl about Lylia, Xorus, and Magister Raelee in turn and they each disappear as the mist fades. A sleek white falcon is spotted overhead afterward, presumed to be Grand Magister Octaven's familiar.
  • The group goes in the meantime to the barrier, where those with scarabs are indeed still able to pass through. Back outside Moot Hall, Deatrys repeatedly tries to destroy the bleakstone statue but gets infected with leprosy for his efforts. The group discusses and speculates about the situation, with Balley wondering if her scarab has cut off her visions since she hasn't received any since getting it.
  • After a wait, icy mist eventually returns to reveal Lylia and Xorus. Lylia explains that the Hall of Mages is investigating and asked for insights into Raznel's mindset or the nature of bleakstone. She says they're the first to be questioned as far as she knows and wishes she had more to offer.
  • Pukk seeks out proof that they're not now under mind control, but Lylia's able to answer his questions. Sir Bristenn asks if Octaven offered any of her own insights and Lylia says the statue may be connected and bleakstone is not always harmless. Dergoatean immediately gets his bleakstone out and Leafiara tells him that she has five and nothing's happened to her, but he gives her the stone anyway.
  • Lylia concludes that the Hall of Mages and the mayor's office have a common goal of a better understanding of the blight.


Highlights

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "I understand there was a bit of a tournament the other day."
Pukk quietly says, "I heard Roblar was so scary that Shiny decided to change into a bard from now on."
Bristenn slowly observes, ".. chasing shadows in the rain, are we."
Balley softly says, "I saw the shadow but nothing else for a change."
Shinann: "If you see any goblins in town, please try to restrain them and not kill.  We need to try to talk to them."
Dergoatean says, "Imagine if we didn't kill the goblins on sight just this once."
Dergoatean says, "I'd be gobsmacked."
Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Do you know why I don't tell goblin jokes? Because they are crotch high and usually carry something sharp."
Stiletto raises his hand up, and a rune-carved bleakstone scarab flies up out of his palm.  The scarab flits directly toward Stormyrain, burrowing straight into her arm!
Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "I suggest naming it Pukk. Since it is close to you now and can get under your skin."
Tiny colorful twinkling motes gather in the palm of Deatrys's hand as he prepares a spell...
Deatrys gestures at a polished bleakstone statue.
Deatrys launched a flare at a polished bleakstone statue!
The bleakstone statue grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.
Speaking quietly to Deatrys, Pukk asks, "You know that isn't the mayor right?"
Bristenn gently pets the rolton.  Good thing she is sleeping...
Roblar raises his golvern shield and attempts to push a rolton away!
Roblar's push connects!
Roblar manages to push the rolton hard enough that she slides east!
Bristenn resignedly sighs, "..I was petting that."
Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken says, "Yup, you hit it on the head, Raznel is worried about everyone joining Cryheart, so she needs to nullify you."


Log

Standing in the Rain

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Shinann, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Radeek, Death Knight Warclaidh, Great Lord Gutstorm, Lyrna, Lord Lycurgus, Razanetika, Pukk, Alisette, Sofal, Felita, Laralana, Bernadette, Zosopage, Sir Cryheart, Dergoatean, Lord Zolis, Mayor Lylia

Razanetika softly asks, "Hmm?"

Warclaidh asks, "What's happening tonight. Goat's birthday?"

Speaking to Warclaidh, Dergoatean exclaims, "If only I remembered what day that was!"

Warclaidh says, "So old."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Not for an elf!"

Speaking quietly to Lyrna, Pukk asks, "Where did Leafi go?"

Cryheart whispers something to Radeek.

Lyrna says, "I'm not sure."

Lyrna says, "She appeared and then..."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "I understand there was a bit of a tournament the other day."

Cryheart says, "Aye..."

Lylia murmurs, "Do pardon me a moment."

Cryheart says, "But not my choice."

Leafiara suddenly fades into view.

Cryheart says, "By choice."

Cryheart says, "Either."

Cryheart says, "Had to do it to end the paragon."

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Pukk exclaims, "I can see th......there she is!"

Dergoatean says, "Zhuzi ue tehir..."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody snuggle Leafi!"

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "She shmells dewishus!"

Leafiara curiously asks, "We expecting any company tonight?"

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "You need to snuggle Leafi."

Lyrna says, "We are now."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika says, "You're all the company we need..."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Qtim ied boiemz, zhi voriv zhirz tohhim!"

Cryheart says, "Stirring up trouble, Pukk."

Leafiara adds, "And for the record, I thought the tournament would have been amazing even if we didn't need to do it."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "How is snuggling Leafi trouble."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "When it rains, the strangest things happen."

Speaking drunkenly to Dergoatean, Gutstorm says, "God blesh you."

Lyrna says, "I'm sorry I missed that."

Speaking earnestly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "It was such fun that a couple nights later we went and held boulder duels for an hour."

Lyrna says, "That doesn't surprise me."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Hopefully they didn't keep it to just warriors, at the boulder."


Movement in the Shadows

A small shadow seems to peel off of a nearby building and slip off into an alleyway.

Gutstorm moves to pet an artic white wolf, but she evades the advance easily.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Bat kitty."

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[Town Square, Northeast]

The entrance to Tykel's Arms, its heavy door bounded by iron-barred windows, dominates this corner of the square. All manner of citizens pass by, moving among the solid, multistoried wooden buildings that surround the bazaar. Just to the southwest can be seen the tree-shaded heart of the square, where citizens and adventurers gather for socializing, healing and rest. You also see a jagged mist-filled fissure and a narrow alleyway.

Sir Cryheart's group just wandered into a narrow alleyway.

[Wehnimer's, Narrow Alleyway]

This narrow, dead-end alleyway runs from town square to the south, up to a bare wall at the north end. To the west, partially hidden behind teetering stacks of boxes, you see a weatherbeaten door with paint peeling off of it.

Leafiara musingly says, "Curious."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Pukk quietly says, "I heard Roblar was so scary that Shiny decided to change into a bard from now on."

Dergoatean says, "It's always this alley, isn't it."

Alisette says, "The shadows.....they move."

Dergoatean says, "There's the one near the park, too."

Zosopage says, "That was odd."

Cryheart says, "Well..that shadow slipped away."

Lyrna says, "The shadows have always moved. It's whether or not you noticed it."

Alisette tremulously says, "Hopefully they move away."

Bristenn slowly observes, ".. chasing shadows in the rain, are we."

Leafiara bemusedly says, "I can go check the other, I guess."

[Leafi runs to check the other alley]

[Wehnimer's, A Very Dark Alley]

Cloaked in pervasive shades of black and grey, nebulous shadows conceal the features of this covert back street. Any hint of sunlight is mercilessly smothered by the close-set buildings to either side. Underfoot, the worn cobblestones remain perpetually slick as moisture seeps from the walls, coalescing into thin rivulets of slimy water that feed both moss and algae. A single sputtering torch looks oddly out of place where its wan illumination dances on the stark brickwork at the alley's dead end.

[but nothing there, so she returns to the main group]

Pukk quietly says, "Shadows move because the source of light moves around a object or a object moves in regards to the light. Either that or the shadow is evil and needs to be killed right away....one of the two."

Speaking musingly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Didn't see anything."

Pukk quietly says, "I tend to lean towards shadows being evil."

Dergoatean: "You know, I thought this was a brilliant idea."

Leafiara: "What was?"

Dergoatean: "But this alley is so dark, I'd never know if a shadow had slipped in." [he'd gone to the alley after Leafi left it, I guess]

Cryheart says, "Did ye see anything Owly."

Speaking to Bristenn, Shinann says, "Thank you for the food you sent. I fed ten families with it."

Bernadette softly says, "Owls has good eyes."

[Leafi goes scouting all over town]

Dergoatean: "And it already has so many shadows."

Cryheart: "Aye, it gave us the slip."

[Leafi returns, having found nothing]

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain says, "Shadow? I didn't see anything, I was in my shop about to head home."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Glad you could join us."

Goldstr says, "Hail friends."

Cryheart says, "We saw a shadow enter the alleyway."

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Leafiara explains, "Was checking the roofs."

Pukk quietly asks, "It's hailing?"

Shinann says, "I see no one."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Im skert."

Dergoatean asks, "No one at all?"

Balley softly says, "I saw the shadow but nothing else for a change."

Pukk yells, "Watch out for the hail!"

Cryheart says, "Only the shadow knows."

Pukk cryptically says, "I don't see the hail though..."

Shinann says, "Well, I do see a few."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Soneiken asks, "Sorry what was the question?"

[Leafi goes scouting again while her wolf stays and watches the group, but still nothing]

Speaking to Soneiken, Dergoatean says, "Was wondering is Shinnan truly sees no one here."

Cryheart asks, "Wonder if that was Thrayzar....or..Stiletto?"

Shinann says, "Please, if you see goblins in town try to restrain them and do not kill."

Lyrna says, "For moving shadows? I'd think the possibilities were near endless."

Lylia says, "It was a shadow. Who cast it is relevant, but unknowable."

Pukk quietly says, "We need to be sure to tell Roblar."

Pukk quietly says, "Don't kill anything suspicious."

Balley softly says, "Just keep your eyes and ears open."

A Wehnimer's runner just arrived on her way to deliver a message.

Lylia clarifies, "Potentially relevant. It is night-time, and fires and candles only reveal so much."

Balley softly says, "You never know who or what is around you hiding."

Speaking curiously to a Wehnimer's runner, Leafiara asks, "Seen anything odd?"

Cryheart asks, "See anything from up there, Owly?"

Bristenn neutrally ventures, "Have you someone who speaks goblin, then, should you capture one?"

Warclaidh says, "How about them green tights."

Speaking quietly to a short-haired black cat, Pukk says, "You are lucky, I think Owlie already ate or else you would be in trouble."

Leafiara says, "Most of the goblins I've met speak... very broken Common, but Common nonetheless."

A small shadow seems to rise up from the ground in the corner between two buildings and slips away.

Shinann says, "Lots of them speak common... well enough to understand them."

Bristenn dryly comments, "The 'gobgob' noise they make is full of subtlety."

Balley softly says, "Oh look the shadow."

Cryheart says, "A shadow is playing games."

Lyrna dryly says, "Imagine."

Balley softly says, "Whose shadow is it."

Balley softly says, "That is the question of the hour."

Leafiara speculates, "Maybe there's more than one."

Cryheart says, "Good question."

Zosopage says, "Hide and seek with a shadow, like we can win against that."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "Probably."

Shinann says, "If these are the spies we were told about."

Goldstr says, "Nae tinks be Thrayzor bettin it Stilleto."

Lyrna says, "Depends on the shadow and the hunter."

Pukk quietly says, "Maybe somebody lost their shadow...we will probably need to capture it and sew it back on to that person."

Leafiara ominously says, "Maybe they're Hall mages going invisible."

Speaking to Zosopage, Soneiken asks, "I would think you'd be good at Shadow boxing?"

Radeek says, "Small be meanin' not big...not big kinda sorta be meanin not dang'rous."

Balley softly asks, "Well Fred is quiet right now..I hope that is a good thing. How is Bob, Bernadette?" [Balley had named her scarab Fred and Bernadette's scarab Bob]

Shinann says, "Stiletto was supposed to be with them, however."

Speaking to Soneiken, Zosopage says, "I prefer live targets."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk asks, "Bob? Is that what you named Shirkon?"

Bernadette softly says, "Jumpin like a crazy."

Lyrna says, "Size has no relation to danger."

[Leafi goes scouting again while her wolf stays and watches the group, but still nothing]

Speaking to Soneiken, Zosopage says, "Or dead, depending."

Bernadette softly says, "Naww thas the scarab in me."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "I can't picture Shirkon jumping.....his legs are too short."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Oh!"

Pukk quietly says, "That makes more sense."

Soneiken says, "I was making pun, but apparently wasn't punny."

Shinann: "If you see any goblins in town, please try to restrain them and not kill. We need to try to talk to them."

Speaking to Lyrna, Radeek says, "I knows...nearly cost me m'life once'd wit' a dead girl."

Dergoatean says, "Imagine if we didn't kill the goblins on sight just this once."

Dergoatean says, "I'd be gobsmacked."

Radeek says, "Gots ta run..has a good night folks."

Cryheart says, "Like the goblin children that time."

Shinann says, "I am asking but there are some that will because I asked not to."

Bernadette softly says, "We is bein asked to bring em in fer interigatin."

Dergoatean says, "Teke muttd."

Speaking to Bernadette, Shinann says, "Well, try."

Shinann says, "Most we can do."

Bernadette softly says, "Aye."

From nearby, you hear Cryheart yell, "Stiletto, we want to talk!" [Leafi's still not back with the group at this point, so her wolf is watching but hadn't followed them yet]

From nearby, you hear Cryheart yell, "Stiletto...we want to talk!"

Neopuron says, "They all went bye bye."

[Leafi returns to the main group]

Bristenn evenly remarks, "Short and gangly enough to be one, but I'm not certain I've ever met your goblin."

A shadow creeps along a wall like liquid, disappearing around a corner.

[travel]

Neopuron asks, "Around the corner?"

Cryheart yells, "Stiletto!"

Shadowy figures coalesce and chant in unison with an unseen entity.

Chamorr yells, "We has cake!"

Cryheart yells, "Stiletto, we just want to talk!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Still eet toes!"


Stiletto Business

A shadow forms on the wall of Moot Hall and soon takes shape.

Balley softly says, "Oh did it get darker or was it me." [it was a Light spell wearing off]

Stiletto squints.

>look stil

You see Stiletto.

He appears to be a Goblin.

He is short. He appears to be young. He has round reddish-orange eyes and shadowy black skin. He has short, tangled black hair with many longer strands decorated with tiny scrimshaw beads. He has a round face, a bulbous nose and a series of old incarnadine scars whorled about his body. His very skin seems to shift like liquid shadows.

He is in good shape.

He is wearing a small stained buckler, some oily black bone-inlaid armor, a stained black satchel, a pair of grimy dark trousers, and a pair of spike-toed boots.

Cryheart says, "Everyone, be calm."

Goldstr says, "Der he be."

Speaking heartily to Stiletto, Chamorr says, "Howdy."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk exclaims, "I want some cake too!"

Cryheart says, "Hello Stiletto."

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Oh, there really -is- a goblin."

Felita says, "Yay fer cake."

Cryheart says, "Long time no see, ole' friend."

Leafiara curiously inquires, "This is the one you all have talked about?"

Cryheart nods to Leafiara.

Leafiara nods understandingly.

Speaking to Stiletto, Stormyrain says, "Sarvia will be so happy to hear we've seen you back home."

Speaking heartily to Stiletto, Chamorr says, "How ya doin."

Stiletto shifts about, his skin like liquid shadows.

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Do you know why I don't tell goblin jokes? Because they are crotch high and usually carry something sharp."

Felita says, "Hellos misser Stiletto."

Stiletto darkly says, "She won't let your meddling go unanswered, you know."

Leafiara simply agrees, "Oh, we know."

Lylia replies, "Has she already? Of course not."

Cryheart asks, "Stiletto, ye too?"

Speaking quietly to Roblar, Pukk exclaims, "No killing just yet!"

Cryheart says, "No harm to the goblin."

Speaking heartily to Stormyrain, Chamorr says, "Aint heard that name in ferever."

Cryheart moves away from Shinann, over to Stiletto, and stands ready to protect him from attack.

Speaking to Stiletto, Goldstr exclaims, "We do knows!"

Speaking to Stiletto, Shinann asks, "Thrayzar has been worried about you. Remember him, by chance?"

Cryheart asks, "So...what information do ye bring to us, Stiletto?"

Stiletto darkly says, "I do not forget the man among orcs who let us be slaughtered and abandoned us to you all."

Stiletto darkly says, "Warn Thrayzar. If you continue, there will be consequences."

Lylia says, "I cannot imagine you have returned just to tell us what we already know, though. You undoubtedly have another reason for being here."

Speaking to Stiletto, Shinann says, "Warn the witch."

Stiletto darkly says, "Yes...yes we do."

Leafiara recalls, "Ahhh, that part of Thrayzar's memory... guess things have a way of circling back."

Cryheart asks, "Continue with opposing the witch, Stletto?"

Cryheart says, "Raznel does harm to this community."

Lyrna says, "There are consequences no matter what we do."

Tikoshi casually comments, "Angry little thing, isn't it."

Speaking to Stiletto, Soneiken asks, "Consequences for whom, da witch of Course, but who else?"

Zosopage says, "She leaves us little choice."

Shinann says, "He is under a few spells."

Speaking softly to Stiletto, Balley asks, "Why are you here? Did you just come to warn us to leave things alone?"

Cryheart says, "As Captain Shinann indicates, inform Raznel we will nae back down."

Stiletto removes a rune-carved bleakstone scarab from in his black satchel.

Stiletto raises his hand up, and a rune-carved bleakstone scarab flies up out of his palm. The scarab flits directly toward Shinann, burrowing straight into her arm!

Stiletto removes a rune-carved bleakstone scarab from in his black satchel.

Stiletto raises his hand up, and a rune-carved bleakstone scarab flies up out of his palm. The scarab flits directly toward Stormyrain, burrowing straight into her arm!

Shinann stares at Stiletto.

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Because it's worked the last three times." [should have added a :sarcastic tag there...]

Stormyrain blinks.

Stiletto melts into the ground like a pool of shadows.

Scarswyrth says, "Oh."

Stormyrain swears under her breath.

Cryheart says, "Great."

Shinann mutters under her breath.

Dergoatean says, "Well then."

Scarswyrth asks, "This is where everyone's gonna die all at once?"

Razanetika softly exclaims, "Well that was quick!"

Scarswyrth says, "I'm outta here."

Goldstr exclaims, "Darn! He workin fer dat Witch!"

Pukk quietly says, "Well, now that was weird."

Xorus whispers something to Lylia.

(Stormyrain clasps her arm where the scarab burrowed in.)

Cryheart says, "Well..he told us his information."

Speaking curiously to Shinann, Leafiara asks, "You alright there?"

Cryheart says, "He is indeed under her influence."

Shinann says, "I tried to cast at him to stop him. He vanished too fast."

Dergoatean says, "Her threats are a bit hollow on consequence at this point. Sure, she might be able to destroy us all, but she's probably going to try just as hard to that if we DON'T oppose her."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "Now you can name your pet too."

Soneiken asks, "Well, was that actully him er a glamour?"

Bristenn carefully observes, "..that parley didn't entirely pan out, it would appear."

Stormyrain slowly says, "That was him."

Stormyrain reaches into the sleeve of her ebon blouse and retrieves a bone-hilted serrated faenor dagger.

Alisette angrily says, "I am insulted that he would just throw scarabs and leave like a coward."

Speaking curiously to Dergoatean, Leafiara agrees, "Odd, isn't it."

Balley softly asks, "What kind did you two get?"

(Stormyrain starts to dig into her arm with the point of her dagger.)

Speaking drunkenly to a dwarven recruiter, Gutstorm exclaims, "Hey pap!"

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "I suggest naming it Pukk. Since it is close to you now and can get under your skin."

Lylia says, "There was nothing further to say. It was a ruse, meant to draw us together to make a show of the insects."

Stormyrain clenches her jaw.

Balley softly asks, "Are yours blood marble too?"

Shinann slowly empties her lungs.

Madmountan says, "That one was bleakstone."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Tikoshi urges, "Angle it a bit more, that way."

Bernadette softly says, "Look like a bleakstone scarab."

(Cryheart leans over and speak to the scarab in Balley: "Raznel, we be coming for ye.")

Speaking frankly to Dergoatean, Leafiara admits, "I'm also surprised how easily the paragons have gone down so far, at least after we fight through all their defenders."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Lylia murmurs, "Nothing removes them. I tried."

Bristenn reassuringly mentions, "I suppose even if you struck him down, considering whatever he's been imbued with or transfigured by, it wouldn't work for long."


Cutoff

Stormyrain wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Shinann shifts her weight.

Lyrna glances at Leafiara.

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Don't worry. You too will soon have a pet scarab. Don't be jealous."

Stormyrain slowly says, "Something's very wrong."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I haven't been there to see it, but it sounds as if there's still a fair amount of the original person left, in both of those cases."

Speaking agreeably to Bristenn, Alisette says, "That makes sense."

Speaking curiously to Lyrna, Leafiara says, "What? I was expecting giant maggot abominations or something, not... pretty reasonable people who just don't know what's happened."

(Stormyrain cleans her dagger before putting it away.)

Stormyrain wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Bernadette softly asks, "Shuld we be countin thos who got scarabs?"

Balley softly exclaims, "What is the point of the scarabs? What are their purpose!"

Pukk quietly says, "I still say that those with scarabs will turn into Paragons and start a fight with the rest of us."

Cryheart says, "Well.."

Shinann says, "I am feeling odd."

Pukk quietly says, "And seeing who all have scarabs...we are in trouble."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I guess they must know, on some level, that there's something very wrong with them, to depart without so much of a struggle."

Shinann gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...

Speaking to Balley, Soneiken says, "It's an exclusive club, just like da Warcats."

Shinann gestures.

Shinann appears to be waiting for something that never comes.

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain says, "Something's wrong. I can't sense the mana around us."

Cryheart asks, "Ok..Bernadette, Lylia, Shinann and Stormyrain now have Raznel's little bugs?"

Shinann gasps.

Lylia says, "No."

Cryheart says, "And Balley."

Leafiara says, "The mayor's is gone."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "And Balley."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd says, "Try singing up something."

Cryheart says, "Ok."

Shinann exclaims, "I cannot use my magic!"

Leafiara says, "And Chaoswynd and Darcena have scarabs."

Stormyrain raises her voice in rhythmic song, commanding the aid of the elements.

Shinann gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...

Shinann gestures.

Shinann appears to be waiting for something that never comes.

Stormyrain skillfully begins to weave another verse into her harmony.

Stormyrain appears to be waiting for something that never comes.

Cryheart asks, "How did ye remove it?"

Zosopage says, "They could be eyes and ears for her, so to speak."

Stormyrain's face turns slightly pale.

Lylia says, "No longer. Her violation of me has ended. I did not remove it; it fled on its own."

Cryheart says, "Oh..Darcena."

Bristenn slowly observes, ".. or siphoning off their connections to mana flows."

Lylia remarks, "Perhaps it found me inhospitable."

Cryheart says, "She has one as well."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Because the scarab couldn't take it anymore and decided to suicide."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Dergoatean asks, "You're quite lucky. The only man thus afflicted?"

Lylia smiles thinly and says, "It would not be the first thing that did."

(Stormyrain grasps her neck, feeling around for a wound.)

Cryheart says, "Oh..Cay has one."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Chaoswynd says, "I'd hardly call it luck, but yes."

Madmountan says, "She ain't got a bleakstone one."

Bernadette softly says, "Trouble is I got a wee bit o mana."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain urges, "Am I injured? Did it burrow into my neck and I didn't feel it?"

>look storm

It is difficult to get a good look at Stormyrain due to the number of mirror images of her nearby.

You see Stormyrain Ta'Ska'Na the Captain of the Wehnimer's Landing Militia.

She appears to be a Sylvankind.

It is difficult to properly see her features as the pampilion-trimmed lambskin hood of her jacket is pulled down over her face.

She has a tattoo of a white skull on a field of black on her neck, a black widow tattoo on her finger, a twisted vine of black thorns tattoo twining around her right wrist, a rune-etched dark bloodjewel half-ring in her left eyebrow, a series of interwoven sanguine runes winding across the back of her hands, and a tattooed silvery sailboat flying a black flag on her arm.

She is in good shape.

She is wearing a sanguine translucent crystal, a high-collared black leather duster with silver cog-shaped buttons, a cinched hourglass black leather corset, a twilight grey gossamer silk tunic, some ash grey twill pants, and some ebon-hued silver-buckled boots.

Chaoswynd takes a moment to observe Stormyrain.

Cryheart says, "The numbers are rising."

Bernadette softly says, "Ise mostly a blockhead."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd says, "None that I can see."

Leafiara uncertainly says, "It doesn't look it, at least."

Leafiara nods at Stormyrain.

Cryheart says, "Ye will notice a movement under the skin."

Soneiken says, "Nae injuries."

Leafiara notes, "Hmm, more of those with scarabs than not are militia members."

(Stormyrain places a hand on the wall of Moot Hall and leans into it heavily, her body doubled over as she takes a few gasping breaths.)

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Lylia kept nagging and criticizing at it as it burrowed under her skin so it decided to leave out of depression."

Soneiken says, "Oh."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara asks, "But not you. And you're the only one with... what color was it?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Goldstr asks, "Aye?"

Speaking to Shinann, Balley softly asks, Are you feeling ill too?"

A blood red mist leaks from Stormyrain's palms as she prepares a spell...

Stormyrain gestures.

Stormyrain appears to be waiting for something that never comes.

Shinann slowly empties her lungs.

Shinann just went north.

Bernadette softly says, "I hasa blood marble one."

Stormyrain looks around nervously, ready to bolt.

Balley softly says, "I have a black shadow one."

Pukk quietly says, "Ooh."

Speaking urgently to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain says, "I need to go. I need to go, now. I--I can't."

Stormyrain just went east.


Speculations

Cryheart says, "Ahhh...different ones."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara asks, "And yours is the ony one like that?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Maybe Lylia kept trying to do experiments on it and it fled out of fear!"

Balley softly says, "From what I know."

Lylia acknowledges, "I did try rather drastic measures to remove it."

Tiny colorful twinkling motes gather in the palm of Deatrys's hand as he prepares a spell...

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "That shtiletto fella dern shnuck off."

Speaking to Balley, Goldstr asks, "Yers was da first aye?"

Deatrys gestures at a polished bleakstone statue.

Deatrys launched a flare at a polished bleakstone statue!

The bleakstone statue grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Balley softly says, "Stormy and Shinann have bleakstone, Cay, Darcena and Bernie have blood marble."

Balley softly says, "No mine was not the first."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "So only yours is the black one. Hmm."

Cryheart says, "All representative of materials found in Bleakland."

Chamorr heartily says, "Bleakstone is prolly causin this blight."

Pukk quietly says, "That must be it...it was scared of your evil....I mean your determined intentions..."

Lylia says, "Including evisceration. Bleeding. Limb removal. Flensing. Implosion. Balefire..."

Balley softly says, "Darcena, Bernie and Cay got theirs before I did."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara admits, "Not really enough information to go on, but something to keep an eye on at least."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "It knew I found it intolerable."

Balley softly says, "Disean throw this one at me after murdering me a week or so later."

Bernadette softly says, "Makes me wonder what they gonna does."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Maybe that is why one didn't burrow into me. It thought my sense of humor was too good to kill so it left me alone."

Cryheart asks, "Dinnae we suspect they are a listening device for Raznel?"

Pukk quietly says, "That sounds good too."

Pietra whispers something to Laralana.

Balley softly says, "I am not sure."

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Berost says, "Or worse."

Balley softly says, "But I have closed off my mind in case."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara acknowledges, "That was Thadston's concern way back when, and a couple of others feared the same."

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "Either that or your sense of humor would kill it."

Speaking to Cryheart, Goldstr says, "I tinks she sees an hears all anyway."

Balley softly says, "Tooo many weird things have occured with me the past few months, I have no ideas."

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk exclaims, "Aha! I didn't think of that!"

Tiny colorful twinkling motes gather in the palm of Deatrys's hand as he prepares a spell...

Deatrys gestures at a polished bleakstone statue.

Deatrys launched a flare at a polished bleakstone statue!

The bleakstone statue grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

[Deatrys keeps trying this throughout the night]

Laralana whispers something to Pietra.

Cryheart says, "Well..otherwise I feel a bit foolish bending over and speaking to Balley's scarab."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Babiesh will prolly bursht from da shcarabsh."

Speaking quietly to Deatrys, Pukk asks, "You know that isn't the mayor right?"

Balley softly says, "I am not sure the reason but I am sure there is one."

Pietra whispers something to Laralana.

Cryheart asks, "Hae any of ye discovered ye hae lost some skills or likewise when the scarab entered ye?"

Balley softly says, "I have not lost anything."

Balley softly says, "I am just immune to things."

Balley softly says, "Like when everyone got sick."

Lylia says, "I lost nothing. I gained nothing. It was a violation, and she will pay."

Balley softly says, "I did not."

Leafiara speculatively says, "Maybe she's developing stronger scarabs as she goes."

Goldstr asks, "Can ye all go past da barrier near da Caravansary?"

Balley softly says, "I have not tried."

Speaking suddenly to Goldstr, Leafiara says, "Now there's a good question."

Cryheart says, "Good question."

Lylia says, "I have not tried. It exists for a reason."

Zosopage says, "Road trip."

Bristenn carefully ventures, "Whereas Shinann and Stormyrain, correct me if I'm wrong, now claim they cannot use their spellcraft."

Cryheart says, "Ok..let's try."

Bernadette softly asks, "Tink they be connected?"

Cryheart says, "Stay groupedd."

Speaking to Bristenn, Leafiara agrees, "Right, hence my saying... maybe she's getting 'better' at this."

Cryheart says, "We will move southward and test."

Speaking to Bristenn, Lylia says, "It would not be the first time the scarabs have held some apart from their magic."

Cryheart asks, "Ready?"


Gonna Mist 'Em

An icy mist swirls about Lylia and she vanishes within it. The mist fades and she is gone.

Bristenn reasonably offers, "Or trying a different approach. I prop-"

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Pietra says, "Welp."

Leafiara remarks, "Or maybe that's more of a problem."

Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Bristenn slowly observes, ".. that's a bit untoward."

Chamorr heartily says, "Where she go."

Razanetika softly asks, "What just happened to the mayor?"

An icy mist swirls about Xorus and she vanishes within it. The mist fades and she is gone. [normally I'd just fix the typo, but... (wait until later)]

Speaking quietly to a polished bleakstone statue, Pukk asks, "Lylia, are you coming with us?"

Laralana exclaims, "Bye!!"

Goldstr asks, "Wha happened to da mayor?"

Leafiara says, "Ice and the cold were Naimorai's specialty."

Madmountan says, "Well then."

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Razanetika softly says, "And there went Xorus."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Maybe they want shcarabsh."

Speaking quietly to a polished bleakstone statue, Pukk exclaims, "Wait..you're not Lylia!"

Cryheart says, "We lost both."

Shinann just arrived.

Balley softly says, "Interesting."

Madmountan says, "That's interesting."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "And Xorus is a girl!"

Deatrys says, "She's at the rift or the confluence." [he had cast Locate Person]

Pukk quietly exclaims, "I knew it!"

Pietra asks, "Who's next?"

Soneiken asks, "Does Xorus have a scarab?"

An icy mist swirls about Raelee and she vanishes within it. The mist fades and she is gone.

Speaking curiously to Soneiken, Leafiara says, "Maybe he'll come back with one soon."

Laralana exclaims, "See ya!"

Pietra asks, "Do I win something?"

Bernadette softly says, "Magister."

Zosopage says, "Oh boy."

Razanetika softly asks, "What's happening?"

Gutstorm yells, "Me next!"

An icy mist swirls about Xorus and HE, you saw HE, A MAN....vanishes within it. The mist fades and she is gone. [...by editing protocol I had to keep the earlier one for this one to make sense ;) ]

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara notes, "You're back."

Balley softly says, "This is not a good thing."

Neopuron appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Cryheart laughs!

Zosopage laughs!

Pietra bursts out in a sudden snort of laughter.

Darksin giggles.

Razanetika starts chortling.

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "Newp. Xorus transitioned."

Balley giggles.

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara explains, "The mayor, Xorus, and the Magister have been taken."

Shinann says, "But others are vanishing."

Zolis starts chortling.

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Goldstr says, "Maybe da Hall grabbin em."

Razanetika softly says, "And it's been clarified Xorus is a HE."

Balley softly says, "I wonder where they were taken."

Felita says, "They goin poof."

Cryheart asks, "Ok..shall we check as to whether ye with scarabs can go beyond the barrier?"

Balley softly says, "And by who."

Shinann says, "I am going to the Outpost."

Speaking to Goldstr, Leafiara mutters, "Oh, would that ever not surprise me."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ghianna asks, "Is that really a bad thing?"

A sleek white falcon circles overhead and then flies off into the night.

Speaking sadly to Ghianna, Leafiara says, "I hope Xorus comes back, at least. The others, eh."


Ongoing Investigations

Cryheart says, "Moving southward to the barrier."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Im shore dey playin a tricksh on ush."

Laralana exclaims, "Oh LOOK A BIRD!"

Bristenn carefully agrees, "Elemental gates, yes."

Leafiara notes, "Ah, Octaven's falcon."

Leafiara adds, "Or at least one looking remarkably like it."

Cryheart says, "Oh..the Hall of Mages."

[travel]

Leafiara grumbles, "Blasted Hall."

[travel]

(OOC) Bristenn's player whispers to the group, "Also, pardon the OOC, but careful with your mounts if you have one with the barrier. It bugged mine out a bit."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Doont to on da fallen twee."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Thanks for the heads up!"

[trave]

[Foothills]

From these gently sloping hills you can see a vast plain of tall grasses that stretches as far as the eye can see when gazing northward. To the south lies the eastern stretch of the Dragonsclaw Mountains, a range of rugged snow-capped peaks. The tallest of these peaks, Zeltoph Mountain, rises to a height of nearly fifteen thousand feet above the level of the sea to the north.

The air begins to thicken around Cryheart, slowing his movements temporarily while pale silver motes of light swirl about him briefly.

Sir Cryheart's group just went south.

[Foothills]

The hills become steeper to the south, dotted with patches of scrub, but between the hills the top of a log palisade is visible.

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "That is what you get for having a mount!"

The air begins to thicken around Cryheart, slowing his movements temporarily while pale silver motes of light swirl about him briefly.

Sir Cryheart's group just went south.

[Northern Caravansary, Stockade]

Vertical, rough-hewn logs form a stockade, providing some margin of safety this far from the walls of Wehnimer's Landing. A trail worn by the passage of hooves, wheels, and booted feet leads off to the southwest. You also see the stockade gate.

Cryheart asks, "All still here?"

Leafiara says, "Looks like it."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Im kinda ere."

Cryheart says, "Ok."

Felita says, "Ise here."

Cryheart says, "Those with scarabs."

Balley softly says, "I am here."

Bernadette softly says, "I'm here."

Pukk quietly says, "Gutstorm is a dwarf so he is only half here."

Tikoshi honestly asks, "If they weren't how would they answer?"

Leafiara asks, "...where'd Shinann go?"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Goot kitty."

Cryheart says, "She went to the Outpost."

[travel]

Leafiara says, "She or the other captain are the ones we most have to know about, if they can pass the barrier."

Leafiara reasons, "Since they have the latest scarabs."

Speaking to Leafiara, Chaoswynd says, "I doubt it will be an issue."

Pukk: "Everybody prepare we will probably have to hold an emergency election for a new mayor. I propose Leafiara!"

Speaking drunkenly to Leafiara, Gutstorm exclaims, "When ye shnatchesh up lootsh like dat, yer shpost to yell YOINK!"

Speaking greedily to Gutstorm, Leafiara says, "No time for that, just gotta get the goods as soon as I can."

Dergoatean: "She did receive the second most votes. But let's give it at least 15 minutes before succession planning?" [Well, er... this is technically true--and actually true of both times she ran--but it's not saying much in the case of the second time there were only two candidates anyway. :P As much as we were just joking, if we were to take this seriously for a moment, the stronger argument would be something like "she got more votes in losing than Pup did either of the times he won."]

Soneiken says, "Der out of the realm."

[travel finally ends]

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Darksin softly says, "I thught it was."

Cryheart says, "Well..Balley could pass beyond the barrier."

Speaking to Cryheart, Pietra asks, "You lose anyone else?"

Pukk: "Why procrastinate.....wow...I never thought I would think that!"

Cryheart says, "Nope."

Speaking to Neopuron, Shinann asks, "You think that imbedding Stormyrain and I with a scarab is funny?"

Cryheart says, "Hall of Mages took those others."

Deatrys asks, "....these are the people who control the portal to the great wizard?"

Neopuron says, "All the infected ones are using rings to bypass the barrier."

Pietra whispers something to Laralana.

Speaking to Shinann, Neopuron says, "Oh I was unaware of any scarabs."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Looks like you will have to be the new mayor."

Shinann says, "Yet, here you are grinning."

Shinann just went north.

Speaking lightly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or never. We'll just see."

Soneiken says, "They're at Caligos Isle."

Leafiara: "Shinann, are you still able to pass the barrier in the foothills now?"

Neopuron says, "I don't think a scarab infected me."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Well we will need a new mayor...maybe. So the best candidate is you."

Neopuron says, "So that is worthy of a smile."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Well... I appreciate the vote of confidence at least."

Balley softly says, "I am sure we will all find out what the scarabs me and what their purpose is."

Pietra asks, "So... now what?"

Cryheart says, "Sooner or later."

Balley softly says, "Scarabs mean I mean."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "And then you can appoint me to be in charge of the town coffers."

Speaking suspiciously to Pietra, Leafiara says, "Now we hope that the Hall doesn't kill off Xorus."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ghianna says, "Oh no you don't....I don't want my fiancee to have a bullseye on her forehead."

Balley softly says, "I hope Fred leaves me soon."

Speaking indifferently to Pietra, Leafiara says, "And the others I guess."

Speaking to Cryheart, Soneiken says, "I see Xorus at an isle like Caligos."

Balley softly says, "He is a bit of a pain at times."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "I rather like him. He's odd."

Speaking agreeably to Pietra, Leafiara asks, "Right?"

Cryheart says, "Caligos."

Speaking drunkenly to Pukk, Gutstorm asks, "Oh we gotsh an interim mayor?"

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Pukk exclaims, "Leafi!"

Speaking to Soneiken, Goldstr asks, "Maybe Talon Isle?"

Shinann: "I will check."

Neopuron recites:

"Leafi Leafi Leafi!"

Speaking to Cryheart, Soneiken says, "Same with Lylia."

Leafiara: "Thank you. We were wondering since you got a different scarab than others."

Laralana whispers something to Pietra.

Speaking drunkenly to Pukk, Gutstorm says, "I should be yer ashishitant if yer in sharge of da coffersh."

Cryheart: "Balley was able to pass the barrier."

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Pukk says, "You can collect the taxes."

Deatrys asks, "Let's just ask them to come here?"

Speaking drunkenly to Laralana, Gutstorm says, "Eh, bebe."

Neopuron says, "Looks like another one is infected."

Tiny colorful twinkling motes gather in the palm of Deatrys's hand as he prepares a spell...

Deatrys gestures at a polished bleakstone statue.

Deatrys launched a flare at a polished bleakstone statue!

The bleakstone statue grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

[fill in a whole lot more of Deatrys attacking the statue]

Shinann: "Yes."

Balley softly asks, "So the Hall Mages called them away?"

Leafiara notes, "Anxious to destroy the statue, are we?"

Balley softly asks, "Or is it a trick?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Neopuron says, "As new acting mayor, maybe you need to make sure the town gets some shots."

Cryheart: "Good to know."

Leafiara: "Ah, at least it isn't a blight, then. ...hopefully."

Neopuron says, "Keep the sick contained."

Speaking curiously to Neopuron, Leafiara asks, "Shots of what?"

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh."

Speaking heartily to Shinann, Chamorr asks, "How you doin?" [she'd just come back into the room]

Speaking to Deatrys, Shinann asks, "What are you doing?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Ghianna asks, "Shots? Vodka? Scotch?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Neopuron says, "That is a good question, maybe we should experiment."

Balley softly asks, "How are you feeling Shinann? You get sick from it like Stormy?"

Speaking to Balley, Zosopage says, "Considering Raelee also disappeared I would be it was the Hall."

Pukk quietly asks, "Even if the kidnapped people return...how do we know they won't be affected and be controlled by another's will?"

Zosopage says, "Bet."

Shinann says, "I... I will be fine."

Speaking to Pukk, Dergoatean asks, "How do we know you're not affected and controlled by another's will?"

Balley softly says, "You learn to deal with it."

Zosopage says, "Would have been nice to have a bit of a heads up though."

Speaking quietly to Dergoatean, Pukk says, "I'm insane. Nobody can control me."

Balley softly says, "I just want to know the purpose and why."

Speaking to Balley, Shinann asks, "Did you lose your magic?"

Speaking to Pukk, Dergoatean says, "We knowingly elected a past disciple a Lich to the mayorship just a few years ago."

Speaking to Deatrys, Sofal says, "At least it knows who the boss is now."

Balley softly says, "No."

Speaking sympathetically to Shinann, Leafiara says, "You've gotten through worse."

Balley softly says, "I did not."

Shinann says, "I did."

Red spots appear on Deatrys's skin suddenly. The edges are slightly raised and seem to be spreading rapidly.

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara scoffs, "Crux has changed."

Balley softly says, "Oh."

Speaking quietly to Dergoatean, Pukk says, "And see, during that time he wasn't kidnapped."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Maybe we need a pylon to blow up dish shtatue."

Speaking to Pukk, Dergoatean says, "We had Walkar running the show while bound to Elithain Cross."

Balley softly says, "Nothing changed when I got mine."

Speaking cautiously to Deatrys, Leafiara says, "Oh, you angered the statue."

Speaking dubiously to Deatrys, Leafiara says, "You're in real trouble now."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I guess I just mean to say the town is largely willing to take those sorts of risks of loss of agency, in our elected leaders."

Speaking helpfully to Deatrys, Leafiara offers, "I'll be ready to bring you back to your senses."

Speaking understandingly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Ohhhh, I gotcha."

Speaking quietly to Dergoatean, Pukk says, "So was he walking or running? Make up your mind."

Balley softly says, "Well now we know that the Bleakstone ones steal magic skills, now to find out what the Blood Marble and the black shadowy one does."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara admits, "From what little I read of the history, I kinda liked the fact that he tried to march on Ta'Vaalor, at least." ["he" being the Lich King, Barnom Slim]

Lord Deatrys just went west.

Leafiara yells, "No escape for you, Deatrys! The statue's gotcha!"

Shinann asks, "Three were taken by the mist?"

Balley softly says, "Maybe mine has blocked my visions."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "There was a lot going on then. I think I'll have to re-read that history myself."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara affirms, "Yep."

Balley softly says, "I have not had any since I got the scarab."

Shinann asks, "What three? The Mayor, Xorus and who?"

Leafiara says, "Magister Raelee."

Bristenn offers, "Magister Svala, yes."

Goldstr says, "Magister Raelee."

Leafiara adds, "And we saw Octaven's falcon afterward, so it's likely her work."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Wait...the rolton might have a message for us!" [a rolton had wandered in and been put to sleep]

Bristenn gently pets the rolton. Good thing she is sleeping...

A rolton breathes heavily in her sleep!

Speaking quietly to Roblar, Pukk exclaims, "Don't kill it yet!"

Bristenn grouses, "It's just a rolton."

Shinann says, "I was already out there."

Roblar deeply says, "Never."

In a brisk move, Roblar slides a claw-grasped golvern shield off his shoulder.

A rolton is awakened by Roblar's attack!

Roblar raises his golvern shield and attempts to push a rolton away!

[Roll result: 310 (open d100: 44)]

Roblar's push connects!

Roblar manages to push the rolton hard enough that she slides east!

Commander Roblar just barrelled east after the rolton!

Pietra exclaims, "That'll show that rolton!"

Bristenn resignedly sighs, "..I was petting that."

A rolton just slid in!

Commander Roblar just barrelled in after the rolton!

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I dont wanna know what he doin wit that rolton."

Roblar deeply says, "See, iz alive."

Speaking to Roblar, Chaoswynd asks, "New sport, rolton pushing?"

Speaking to Roblar, Neopuron says, "Herding them."

Roblar deeply says, "Aye."

Felita says, "Jes like minotaur tipping."

Roblar deeply says, "Made my own invasions afore."

Speaking to Balley, Zosopage says, "Perhaps you should try and do a reading."

Speaking quietly to Roblar, Pukk says, "You scared it off."

Balley softly says, "No."

Speaking dubiously to Chaoswynd, Leafiara says, "I can guess why -you- have a scarab, considering your affiliation with the captain... I just can't figure out Balley, or also those who -aren't- targeted..."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Ghianna asks, "Is that why you sneak up BEHIND them? To 'push'?"

Speaking to Roblar, Dergoatean exclaims, "Not the livestock!"

Speaking deeply to Pukk, Roblar asks, "Want a pet?"

Pukk quietly says, "I was hoping for a gremlin."

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "Rolton Pushing, a new sport developed as an offshoot of sheep buggering, was just made official in the Landing today...."

Leafiara speculatively asks, "Unless Raznel can only make so many of these 'imbeddable' scarabs?"

Dark, yellowish nodules erupt from Deatrys's skin. Some of the nodules ooze or bleed, others seem to make it difficult for him to move in certain places.

... 15 points of damage!

Deatrys's ribs warp and crack violently.

He is stunned!

Speaking to Madmountan, Shinann asks, "You go with that mist, also?"

Speaking quietly to Deatrys, Pukk exclaims, "Stunning!"

Speaking quietly to Roblar, Pukk says, "I was hoping for a gremlin."

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Shinann just went north.

Pukk quietly exclaims, "See, that proves that the statue is evil!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "The fact that it looks evil also confirms it!"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Balley says, "I honestly think there is a reason I got one that is different. I keep going back to the visions, and the words of Pylasar."

Balley softly says, "Sigh."

The blebs on Deatrys's skin swell and expand, some bursting and horribly disfiguring his skin.

... 10 points of damage!

Tendons in Deatrys's weapon arm snap.

Pukk quietly says, "The wide set eyes just look evil."

Balley softly says, "It does keep me up and worried."

Speaking to Deatrys, Dergoatean asks, "Is that from Stiletto?"

Speaking concernedly to Balley, Leafiara agrees, "It does seem troubling. Though, for now at least, the most -obviously- bad ones are the captains' scarabs..."

Cryheart says, "He attacked the statue."

Balley softly says, "Yes."

Balley softly says, "And well my eyes are still green so things are good."

Speaking encouragingly to Balley, Leafiara says, "We're here for ya."

Deatrys's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.

Speaking dubiously to Deatrys, Leafiara asks, "...are you about to burst?"

The blebs on Deatrys's skin swell and expand, some bursting and horribly disfiguring his skin. Deatrys is forced to his knees by the crippling effects of leprosy!

... 5 points of damage!

Deatrys's right leg jerks momentarily.

Pukk quietly asks, "Leprosy?"

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody snuggle Deatrys!"

(OOC) XYZ's player whispers, "Read board."

Dergoatean says, "Well, while we're waiting."

>read boar

The following messages are written on the bulletin board:

(NOTICE: This board is intended for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS pertaining to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. Feel free to post your messages regarding public gatherings and the like here, but make sure to keep them appropriate to public display.)

ALL HAIL our new mayor LEAFI!

We're not worthy!

Dergoatean removes a wave-chased silver pitcher from in his black and white longcoat.

Dergoatean asks, "Who wants a drink?"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Chaoswynd says, "I'll take a honey mead."

Bristenn ventures, "Some were able to remove the scarabs infesting them, I had heard?"

Cryheart says, "Folks, the mayor posted on the oak tree earlier today, please make the posts on the board be appropriate."

Speaking to Bristenn, Leafiara replies, "Only the mayor so far."

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a tankard appears in his hand.

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk asks, "You still have your scarab right?"

Deatrys looks extremely weak, as though the dark nodules on his skin were eating their way inside of him.

... 10 points of damage!

Speaking to Bristenn, Leafiara explains, "Raznel apparently returned and reclaimed it for unknown reasons." (based on this)

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Dergoatean says, "There you are."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Chaoswynd says, "Cheers."

Cryheart says, "Just so ye know."

Bristenn noncommittally observes, "Ah."

Bernadette softly says, "I does."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "It is confirmed....you are the new Mayor."

Speaking frankly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "I don't understand why, but I hardly understand much else the witch does either."

Speaking to Pietra, Laralana says, "I know exactly what's going on."

Dergoatean says, "Anyone else for a mead? Ale? Whiskey? Apparently this even makes non-alcoholic beverages."

Speaking to Laralana, Pietra exclaims, "Magic disappearing. And then sliding roltons. Fun times!"

Cryheart says, "Ok..folks...getting late."

Cryheart says, "Hae a good evening."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "You can't leave it."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr says, "Question."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "You are not allowed to."

>read boar

Darksin hugs Neopuron, who wraps her in a warm embrace.

The following messages are written on the bulletin board:

(NOTICE: This board is intended for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS pertaining to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. Feel free to post your messages regarding public gatherings and the like here, but make sure to keep them appropriate to public display.)

ALL HAIL our new mayor LEAFI!

We're not worthy!

Heddo

Hey Razanetika, Ill thank you sweetly!!!!

Cryheart asks, "Aye?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "I bow down to our new interim temporary mayor until whenever."

Balley softly says, "Take care all."

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a decanter appears in his hand.

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr asks, "Do you sleep in that armor?"

Dergoatean offers Pukk a decanter of coconut rum.

Cryheart says, "Nae."

Speaking softly to Gutstorm, Razanetika exclaims, "Naughty dwarf!"

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a glass appears in his hand.

Cryheart says, "It chafes."

Leafiara amusedly says, "Ya know, guys, if I ever -do- actually get into office then there won't be any of this bowing stuff."

Dergoatean offers Cryheart a glass of golden whiskey.

Cryheart says, "Good thing I hae padding."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "This is good stuff!"

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a chalice appears in his hand.

Chamorr heartily says, "Seeya Spurs."

Dergoatean offers Leafiara a chalice of white wine.

Leafiara adds, "And we'll meet in the square and not Moot Hall, and Sir Cryheart will lead us every night he's awake."

Pukk quietly says, "He is old and needs his naps."

Dergoatean offers Roblar a stein of pale ale.

Deatrys's stomach bulges outward and his eyes glaze over in pain.

Speaking dubiously to Deatrys, Leafiara wonders, "Are you about to sprout moulis?"

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a stein appears in his hand.

Dergoatean offers Madmountan a stein of dark ale.

Shinann says, "Not back..."

Speaking tentatively to Shinann, Leafiara says, "You -look- like you're back."

Shinann says, "The ones that were taken by the mist."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody bite Pietra"

Dergoatean tips his silver pitcher slightly, and swirls of glittery light cascade from his pitcher down to his palm. In a brilliant flash of light, a stein appears in his hand.

Pukk quietly says, "Pietra."

Speaking drunkenly to Leafiara, Gutstorm asks, "Sho we gonna go redecorate yer new office?"

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara says, "....oh, right."

Speaking to Leafiara, Soneiken says, "Interim Mayor, means you get a retirement, and your picture will be in da Museum Basement under a tarp fer years to come."

Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "She's a pie, not a pier."

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra exclaims, "Eat pie!"

Shinann says, "I have looked where I could... even somewhere I hate."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Pietra says, "Thank you for clarifying that."

Leafiara flusteredly exclaims, "We'll redecorate if or when I ever win and not a bit sooner!"

Leafiara says, "Even if the Hall -does- kill the mayor tonight, that would mean we'll need a new election."

(OOC) XYZ's player whispers, "Read board."

>read boar

The following messages are written on the bulletin board:

(NOTICE: This board is intended for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS pertaining to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. Feel free to post your messages regarding public gatherings and the like here, but make sure to keep them appropriate to public display.)

ALL HAIL our new mayor LEAFI!

We're not worthy!

Heddo

Hey Razanetika, Ill thank you sweetly!!!!

Cryheart says, "It chafes." [this was on the board, not Cryheart talking; he'd already gone]

missing 1 mayor

Pietra gives Pukk a playful bite.

Speaking quietly to Pietra, Pukk says, "Ooh kinky."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Dat one ish fieshty."

Shinann says, "The Hall is not high on my list but I doubt they will murder the Mayor."

Speaking to Leafiara, Goldstr says, "I tink da Hall be workin wid us."

Speaking suspiciously to Shinann, Leafiara says, "I don't trust them even for that much, but we'll see."

Speaking to Leafiara, Soneiken says, "I said Interim, no need fer election in dat, at least not in da past that is."

Shinann says, "I am not sure that is who took them. We will have to wait and see."

Chamorr heartily says, "Chamor fer mayor, scotch fountains installed in the small park for everybody."

Speaking softly to the night watchman, Razanetika says, "I am NOT going to jail today.. move along."

Speaking uncertainly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "It would be quite a coincidence if Octaven's falcon showed up right before, but... I guess it could have been an illusion of a falcon."

Pukk quietly says, "The Hall is the Hall. The Hall will do only what it will benefit it."

Speaking to Razanetika, Sofal says, "The day is young yet."

Speaking to Chamorr, Zosopage says, "And rum fountains too."

Chamorr heartily says, "And rum stations on every corner."

Bernadette softly says, "Refillable coffee be nice."

Pukk quietly says, "Don't trust a imp as far as a halfling can throw it."

Deatrys: "Anyone for Helga's? I've got enough silver for three drinks."

Speaking curiously to Pukk, Leafiara asks, "Who do you think is more suspicious of the Empire, you or Bear?"

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara adds, "Or Wolfloner."

Leafiara adds, "Or Archales."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I don't know how suspicious Bear is. I think he is okay."

Zosopage says, "Well I think I should get some rest myself."

Speaking lightly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "Well, at least -you're- Pukk-approved."

[at this point people are slowly peeling off as it's been a while since Lylia, Xorus, and Raelee disappeared; I always cut greetings and goodbyes from the logs unless they're directed at NPCs or add something else to the conversation, but at this point assume the crowd's thinned quite a bit]

Dergoatean raises his pewter turret stein in a toast and proclaims:

"While we are here, let us enjoy this drink so dear, and for those who are not, let them know they'll ne'er be forgot."

Speaking drunkenly to Leafiara, Gutstorm asks, "Whack me wit da pillow sho i can shneep?"

Leafiara lifts her imflass goblet in a toast and proclaims:

"To adventures bold and daring! To the friends we cherish most! To spirits fiery and flaring! And to dreams our hearts hold close! May second chances find us each time we need our faith or lives restored--and may ties that bind us divinely lead and forever drive us forward!"

Speaking amusedly to Gutstorm, Leafiara says, "Well, you asked for it."

Leafiara tightens her grip on the pillow and spins around with a fierce growl, smacking Gutstorm right in the head!

Leafiara tightens her grip on the pillow and swings wildly at Gutstorm! A light tap on the shoulder is all she accomplishes.

Pukk recites quietly:

"To our interim Mayor!"

Leafiara tightens her grip on the pillow and whips around in a fury of strikes! Gutstorm is caught by surprise!

Gutstorm swoons.

Leafiara pleasedly says, "There we go."

Speaking to Gutstorm, Dergoatean asks, "How was it the fourth swing that caught you by surprise??"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Now you can start the office redecorating."

Speaking ruefully to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Of all the nights for Pup not to be here."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr asks, "Think they be returned soon?"

Speaking uncertainly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "I dunno. I hope so or I wouldn't be standing here still."

Shinann says, "I went all over the outposts... not sure he could have done anything if Stiletto feels that way about Thrayzar."

Bernadette softly says, "Flies."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Stan still then."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara acknowledges, "Oh, I agree... he couldn't have done anything. But I know how much Pup's wanted to see him again at least."

Chamorr leans on Leafiara, giving her a companionable grin.

Shinann says, "He will find out."


Hall Inquiries

A sleek white falcon circles in the sky.

Shinann says, "He has been hunting further and further away."

Bristenn slowly remarks, "I assume they're about to be returned."

Leafiara suspiciously says, "The moment of truth."

Pukk quietly says, "The falcon is here to take more evil people."

Soneiken says, "Falcon comin fer more I guess."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "All hail the falcon!"

Speaking confusedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Xorus isn't evil."

Mongonator says, "Yeah, dropped on us like bird poop..."

Bernadette softly says, "Mebee they comin back."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Are you sure?"

Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken says, "Perhaps it comes for you."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I mean, Lylia likes him."

Leafiara admits, "...and I don't know -what- Raelee is. I'm not sure she's even human."

Dergoatean lifts his pewter turret stein in a toast and proclaims:

"May our toasts rise high in our beloved chalet, and be ne'er more than a year 'til we meet again this way!!"

Icy mist begins to slowly grow along the ground.

Speaking dubiously to Pukk, Leafiara says, "...hmm, that -is- an interesting point."

Leafiara concernedly says, "Well, here it comes."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "I bet Mongonator is next!"

Icy mist rises up and slowly reveals Lylia and Xorus.

Lylia closes her eyes for a moment.

Mongonator says, "I'm far to heavy to be carried off."

Leafiara curiously asks, "Oh. Is Raelee gone for good?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "They might be controlled!"

Sofal asks, "No Magister?"

Speaking pleasedly to Xorus, Leafiara says, "Welcome back."

Xorus dusts himself off.

Dergoatean asks, "Are you both safe?"

Dergoatean asks, "Well?"

Lylia says, "Of course."

Bernadette softly says, "Good to see ye."

Xorus says, "That was pleasant."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Everybody be wary! They have been controlled!"

Speaking to Lylia, Shinann asks, "What happened?"

Chamorr heartily says, "They is back."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Leafiara!"

Leafiara whispers something to Pukk.

Speaking bemusedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "We're not goin' anywhere."

Leafiara says, "...I think."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "It is to be safe...we don't know what these mind controlled people will do."

Speaking apologetically to Xorus, Leafiara says, "He's just concerned, don't mind him too much."

Lylia says, "The Hall of Mages is investigating quite thoroughly and sought any insights we might have into Raznel's mind-set. And into the nature of bleakstone."

Speaking to Pukk, Mongonator says, "I think you should be the self appointed towncrier."

Lylia agrees, "We are all concerned."

Speaking heartily to Lylia, Chamorr asks, "Where'd ya go?"

Pukk whispers to the group, "We need to be safe....so several of you need to take down Lylia and the others needs to take down Xorus. After they are eliminated we can investigate."

Soneiken says, "Very odd hour to be working."

Lylia says, "As far as I know, we are only the first to be questioned on the matter. I only wish I had had more to offer."

Lylia sighs.

Bernadette softly asks, "Anytin ye kin say?"

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk asks, "Can you prove that somebody or something isn't controlling your mind?"

Shinann asks, "Who interviewed you?"

Speaking to Soneiken, Leafiara explains, "...the Hall is made up of very odd people, from what I've seen. But maybe a biased sample..."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "Test me if you like."

Lylia chuckles.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk asks, "What is your first name?"

Lylia says, "Lylia."

Shinann asks, "Who interviewed you?"

Lylia nods knowingly at Pukk.

Pukk disappointedly says, "Right."

Shinann exclaims, "Oh good grief!"

Shinann just went north.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk asks, "Do you have a secret crush on me?"

Lylia firmly says, "No."

Bernadette softly asks, "Thas a good idea, who asked ye questions?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Wrong!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "She is an imposter!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Get her!"

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "She an imposher!"

Pukk quietly says, "Oh wait.."

Speaking loudly to Lylia, Bristenn sighs, "Did Magister Octaven offer any of her own insight?"

Lylia puts her hands on her hips.

Pukk quietly says, "She is right again."

Lylia coolly says, "Try to come at me, and you shall see I am the same as ever."

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Lylia's hand...

Pukk quietly says, "I guess she is the real Lylia."

Lylia chuckles.

Speaking to Pukk, Sofal says, "I see your attack on her going a lot like the assults on the statue this evening."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Gutstorm wanted me to ask you what your boot size is for some reason."

Gutstorm takes a pair of poorly made thrak hide boots off his feet.

Lylia glances at her dark boots.

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Pukk says, "Oooh it wasn't boot you said."

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Pukk says, "Sorry, misunderstood."

Bristenn offhandedly adds, "Not that I'd presume the Hall to be forthcoming with information, particularly still in its infancy."

Dergoatean says, "I think that's enough of this wakefulness business for one day."

Dergoatean says, "Good night, Landing."

Lylia says, "We did learn that the statue may indeed be connected. Bleakstone is not always entirely harmless."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara acknowledges, "G'night Goat!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Apparently I'm not allowed to leave yet."

Pukk quietly says, "The hall is evil...ish....so you can't trust the Hall. And the fact that they are a bunch of human imps...makes it even worse...."

Dergoatean glances at Lylia.

Bernadette softly says, "It gived Deatrys some nice Leprosy."

Dergoatean removes a polished bleakstone from in his black leather backpack.

Speaking to Lylia, Soneiken asks, "Connected to the blight?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Worser? Worst? What ever...more badder!"

Speaking helpfully to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "I'm carryin' five on me and nothing bad has happened yet."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Yet."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Maybe you should carry six."

Dergoatean offers Leafiara a polished bleakstone.

Leafiara accepts Dergoatean's polished bleakstone.

Dergoatean says, "These things are bad news."

Lylia briskly says, "In this matter, the Hall of Mages and the mayor's office of the Landing have a common goal -- a better understanding of the blight."

Speaking greedily to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Well, if ya say so, thank you much."

Sofal says, "Have also had mine as long as the material has been around, and no ill effects."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara adds, "You can have it back too if ever you want, though."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Kind of you. Or unkind."

Speaking to Lylia, Soneiken says, "I have given you your answer on that, yet it goes unattended."

Bristenn carefully asks, "The origins of this stone- its creation, or previous composition, was it theorized in any way?"

Chamorr heartily says, "You folks is gonna start lookin like Crux, stuff fallin off."

Speaking to Soneiken, Lylia says, "It does not go unattended."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "We still need to test Xorus!"

Xorus raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "Oh, good luck with that."

Speaking to Lylia, Soneiken asks, "Who speaks to the Maaghara then?"

Speaking quietly to Xorus, Pukk asks, "If quizzes are quizzical.. what are tests?"

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Just ask him some obscure question about nine hundred years ago."

Speaking to Pukk, Xorus says, "Testicles."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Ashk him da shquare root of 65536."

Pukk quietly says, "Okay, he is good too."

Blood begins to run from Deatrys's eyes and ears.

Bristenn neutrally mentions, "Also, that man seems to be bleeding from the face."

Speaking simply to Deatrys, Leafiara notes, "You're about to be in trouble again."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Sorry, while you are gone the town voted on Leafi as the new Mayor. It was a very decisive victory and well....it is probably for the best."

Leafiara amusedly says, "This didn't actually happen, but hey."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Dergoatean even voted twice."

Lord Deatrys just arrived.

Speaking insistently to Deatrys, Leafiara says, "Stay right here. We've -got- to see this one."

Runny blood-soaked sores begin to appear on Deatrys's chest and abdomen.

Deatrys removes a deathstone inset pewter pitcher from in his veniom-threaded backpack.

Deatrys carefully pours a little bit of golden liquid from his inset pewter pitcher into the shiny cup.

Deatrys offers Leafiara a shiny cup.

Leafiara accepts Deatrys's shiny cup.

Deatrys offers Xorus a deathstone inset pewter pitcher.

Razanetika whispers something to Lylia.

Speaking uncertainly to Deatrys, Leafiara asks, "Err... what -is- this?"

Speaking to Xorus, Deatrys says, "Drink."

Xorus accepts Deatrys's inset pewter pitcher.

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Might be contagious."

Xorus takes a drink from his inset pewter pitcher.

Xorus looks rather relaxed.

Deatrys says, "As I suspected."

Lylia nods at Razanetika.

(Pukk walks in front of the statue and mutters, "Its eyes keep following me...how weird!")

Lylia glances at a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia sighs.

Leafiara dubiously says, "Did you bleed your contaminated bloo--"

Razanetika mutters something about troublemakers.

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh, he ran off."

Gutstorm grabs Razanetika and drags her west.

Great Lord Gutstorm just stumbled in, flailing his arms wildly while trying to right himself!

Speaking to Xorus, Deatrys asks, "What did you think of it?"

Xorus offers Deatrys a deathstone inset pewter pitcher.

Razanetika just arrived.

Deatrys accepts Xorus's inset pewter pitcher.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I got rid o dat truble maker."

Speaking dubiously to Deatrys, Leafiara says, "Did you bleed your contaminated blood into this or something? Because it's the color of pus."

Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken says, "It waits to see what you do, so it can Improv."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Oh sje back."

Lylia pronounces, "These abuses of the public forums are not to be tolerated. Miscreants who provide false information about the public welfare, including critical knowledge about things such as weather, and present falsified information, are criminals."

Xorus says, "The flaeshorn berries were fermented to perfection."

Speaking quietly to Soneiken, Pukk says, "I think you are right."

Speaking to Leafiara, Deatrys says, "Helga served it from the berry."

Leafiara takes a drink from her shiny cup.

Leafiara looks rather relaxed.

Speaking surprisedly to Deatrys, Leafiara exclaims, "Oh, not bad. Thanks!"

Deatrys says, "Now."

Lylia says, "To that aim, we are going to take such matters as misuse of the forums seriously, especially during emergencies."

Speaking heartily to Lylia, Chamorr says, "Hooligans, da lot of dem."

Lylia pointedly says, "Such as a blight that affects us all."

Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken says, "Dat was Gnomish humor, not trying to be right."

Speaking to Chamorr, Mongonator says, "You taught us well."

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

>read boar

The following messages are written on the bulletin board:

(NOTICE: This board is intended for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS pertaining to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. Feel free to post your messages regarding public gatherings and the like here, but make sure to keep them appropriate to public display.)

Heddo

Hey Razanetika, Ill thank you sweetly!!!!

Cryheart says, "It chafes."

missing 1 mayor

Was fun while it lasted, Leafi

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Lylia erases a message from a bone-framed bulletin board.

Deatrys says, "As I suspected."

Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken asks, "Improv...jester?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "See, she is being controlled now! It starts with our subjugation of posting on boards and next it will be our freedom of joking then it will be everything else!"

Lylia says, "I do not mind jests. But if people manipulate public sources of information that the townsfolk use to plan for emergencies, we can no longer trust what is truth and what is a jest."

Mongonator says, "Wonder what roltons count when they sleep."

Speaking to Pukk, Soneiken says, "Yup, you hit it on the head, Raznel is worried about everyone joining Cryheart, so she needs to nullify you."

Speaking quietly to Soneiken, Pukk exclaims, "You are right!"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "She is after me!"

Speaking firmly to Pukk, Leafiara proclaims, "Well, she ain't getting you!"

Speaking cautiously to Pukk, Leafiara says, "But just in case, let's prepare some questions to make sure you're still you."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "You're right!"

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara asks, "Who are you married to?"

Lylia says, "If we are all quite certain we are ourselves and not one another, then I shall be in my office, which remains mine for as long as I am me."

From nearby, you hear Gutstorm yell, "Cootiesh!"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "I am married to Wyrden!"

Pukk quietly asks, "Am I me?"

Speaking relievedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Oh, good. I bet a lot of people wouldn't get that right."

Lylia says, "If anyone needs me, find me there."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Yay me!"

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "You are, of course, precisely you."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Sorry that office belongs to Leafi now."

Speaking to Pukk, Dergoatean says, "No, you are not me."

Mayor Lylia just entered the Moot Hall.