Witchful Thinking - 5119-09-18 - Finding the Blight Price

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Revision as of 04:30, 19 September 2019 by LEAFIARA (talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 18-19, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Quinshon arrives at Moot Hall, where Goat says he can't imagine why he'd have business with us, but the Black Shaman says he's not our enemy. Captain Shinann asks if he's tried to put anyone else's soul into anyone lately; Quinshon says he won't apologize except that he's sorry his work wasn't finished properly since she's "a shadow of the woman she could have been replaced with"--that is to say, Reannah Kestrel, with whom he'd had Naimorai Kestrel, who went on to become Raznel.
  • Quinshon says Pylasar is sleeping, but his request has been noted. Before getting to what the request is, Quinshon lays out the context... With Pylasar's stabilized memories diminishing, he worries that he can't finish finding the paragons with the same methods as before. As the witch works to strengthen the paragons and weaken Pylasar's work--
  • Shinann interjects with a note that Raznel is Quinshon's daughter, but Quinshon says he's not bound to that which he creates; "some rise, some fall, some must be suffocated," he says, and Raznel "has long discarded her purpose."
  • Magister Raelee asks about the nature of the traps that Pylasar's alluded to; Quinshon says he doesn't know every aspect, but mentions illusions and mental distractions to lead him astray.
  • Back to finishing what the request even was... Pylasar had once come to him to mentally write over the memories of his loss and now wants them revisited since some will reveal paragon locations. He says he has a price: he needs blood from Magister Cordarius, three vials full, collected wilingly or unwillingly. Either that or access to Cordarius to obtain it himself. Raelee asks why he needs the blood; Quinshon won't answer her; she says everything comes with a price and hers is information; he says the room is full of others with a smaller price.
  • Before anything can be decided, townspeople are heard gossiping about corpses outside town--so Quinshon leaves everyone to it. Adventurers go to find brutalized corpses with old webs clinging to them and clicking noises coming from them. Soon other bodies are reported in the forest, the Upper Trollfang, and eventually South Ring Road, all similar situations. Everyone is suspicious about the clicking, thinking they're going to burst or explode, but after many minutes nothing happens... that is, anyway, until they finally do explode with witchworms and mass casualties ensue.
  • Battle against the witchworms goes horribly throughout the night, but eventually the worms crumble on their own into oily substances coating the ground, leaving a lingering air of mystery.


Highlights

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean says, "Can't imagine why you'd have any business with us."
Quinshon peers quizzically at Dergoatean.
Quinshon quietly says, "I am not your enemy."
Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "Didn't say you were.  Now, shall you get on with telling us what to do without telling us why, so that we can go on ignoring what is possibly very sound direction?"
Sir Cryheart's group just went through a varnished modwir door.
Mayor Lylia just came through a varnished modwir door.
Pukk quietly says, "Wow, Cryheart was faster than Lylia."
Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "So you can move fast when you want to."
[Voln - Ryndith] "Was I a bit premature in preparing for triage?"
[Voln - Pukk] "No, but cover up your kilt"
Sofal asks, "Anyone try to open one with a dagger?"
A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.
Sofal says, "Where is Crux with his sawbone."
Speaking wryly to Sofal, Leafiara say, "Talk about the right man for the job."
Cryheart says, "Goblyn would be having a field day if she was awake."


Log

Rainy Chatter

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Guarrin, Radeek, Isophenee, Cymbia, Magister Raelee, Great Lord Geovekn who is sitting, Wonkus, Kassdorgia who is sitting, Angioxi, Dufferton, Sockmo who is sitting, Great Lord Demicone, Zosopage, Trisu, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Skyfedninc, Valania who is kneeling, Lord Chamorr, Ruabadra, Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Sir Cryheart, Pukk

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Villorn says, "Hmm."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

Villorn says, "Hope we don't have an invasion."

Cryheart says, "Ye timing is better."

Cryheart nods at Pukk.

Pukk quietly says, "I liked the wait and the suspense."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking to Cryheart, Sockmo asks, "Where you going?"

Balley softly exclaims, "Darn it I forgot to buy a new cloak!"

Balley pokes Zosopage in the ribs.

Balley softly says, "You forgot to remind me."

Balley softly says, "This rain is murder on my hair."

Speaking to Balley, Zosopage says, "We haven't exactly been shopping."

Leafiara suggests, "Should get a hood at Caligos Isle if we're all still alive by then."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk exclaims, "Not the statue!"

Balley softly says, "I need to go there anyway."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia agrees, "Not the statue."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!

Last call!"

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin asks, "Going to cast guards and blurs?"

Valania says, "I don't want to join."

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara enthuses, "It's time!"

Cryheart begins chortling at Guarrin.

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin says, "Anything is possible. I have been gone long."

Cryheart says, "I cannae hold mana." (due to kroderine armor)

Speaking curiously to Cryheart, Leafiara asks, "We movin'?"

Cryheart asks, "Aye...to Moot?"

Cryheart says, "Moving to outside Moot Hall."

Speaking drunkenly to Cryheart, Gutstorm exclaims, "I got yer back bub!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Guarrin, Radeek, Cymbia, Sockmo, Zosopage, Trisu, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Lord Chamorr, Ruabadra, Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Pukk, Villorn, Bernadette, Isophenee, Great Lord Darkkrimson, Felita, Lord Lycurgus, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Great Lord Gutstorm, Mayor Lylia, Sir Cryheart, Arianiss

Zosopage says, "Found my forging apron."

Cryheart says, "Excellent."

Villorn says, "I'm getting scared."

You hear someone mutter something about readtheboard.

>read boar

The following messages are written on the bulletin board:

(NOTICE: This board is intended for PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS pertaining to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. Feel free to post your messages regarding public gatherings and the like here, but make sure to keep them appropriate to public display.) quarantine the landing. the blight must be contained!

Join the Rooks!

Greetings citizens of Northern Barkland(Wehnimer's Landing in the common tongue of the two-leggeds). I am a representative of the Advance Western Wolf Pack informing you of a danger of utmost importance and greatest mortal peril Barkland has ever faced. This terror is caused by a rogue group of fugitive kittens that call themselves the Overlords and seek domination of the world mind controlling the weak with their cuteness. Do not be fooled by these fiends! Their evil knows no bounds and will turn even the most resiliant of two-leggeds into their slaves with but a look.

Our advance team has stalked them to this town and we hunt for them daily to protect all within our domain, we ask that if you see of of these monster that you alert the closest wolf you can find and we will handle this matter of lunch... err terrible danger! These fiendish kittens are not to be confused with the new group of kitten wolf pack interns that travel with us, such kittens are here to study and learn the ways of the Pack. --- Captain of the Advanced Wolf Pack Hunters Mr. Fluffors the Grey (Some scratch marks have been carved onto the sign by the name).

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Oh, whats a wolf pack."

Dergoatean says, "I wonder what moral dilemmas the rain brings with it tonight."

(Lylia raises a hand to remove some of the messages from the board, then stops and settles for smoothing one of the longer messages against the board instead.)

Lylia remarks, "Far be it from me to stifle free expression."

Villorn sings:

"Oh! oh! when the skys not dry.. oh! oh! it might be time to die.."

Speaking quietly to Goldstr, Pukk exclaims, "Lightning Rod!"

Villorn sings:

"Oh! oh! the protector Cryheart shows.. oh! oh! Leafiara knows.."

Villorn sings:

"The monsters are coming! Running over all to get over here.. oh! oh! no! no!"

Speaking drunkenly to Chaoswynd, Gutstorm asks, "Ye make yer move yet or did ye get lost like all rangersh?"

Lylia whispers something to Xorus.

Speaking to Gutstorm, Chaoswynd asks, "Beg pardon?"

Villorn says, "I'm getting scared.. when I'm seeing a big group gathering.."

Speaking decisively to Villorn, Leafiara says, "Strength in numbers."

Speaking heartily to Villorn, Chamorr says, "Be afraid, be very afraid."

Speaking drunkenly to Chaoswynd, Gutstorm says, "Liquid courage."

Villorn says, "I read in the papers... of these... gatherings."

Goldstr says, "Listen to Bear."

Villorn says, "Generally a lot of blood comes afterwards."

Speaking to Villorn, Sockmo says, "If trouble comes I plan to stike a pose and pretend to be a statue."

Speaking helpfully to Sockmo, Leafiara says, "Well, it'll fool Pukk at least."

Razanetika softly says, "That is so true."

Isophenee says, "Ah."

Razanetika kisses Gutstorm tenderly on the nose.

Gutstorm yells, "Cootiesh!"

You notice Gutstorm slip into a hiding place.

Razanetika points at Gutstorm, ruining his hiding place.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "No cootiesh."

Isophenee says, "Ooooo."

Isophenee says, "You almost made me drool.."


Quinshon Arrives

Between the alley of two buildings, the very shadows seem to come alive and then a figure steps out into view, garbed in a deeply-cowled black burnoose that shifts like liquid night and his breath moves the cotton of his greyish-green veil. His slate blue eyes regard the crowd.

Madmountan says, "Ooohhhhh."

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says something you don't understand.

Leafiara curiously says, "Guess someone reached out to Quinshon after all."

Shinann asks, "How?"

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

Xorus greets, "Black Shaman."

>loo quin

You see Quinshon the Dissembler.

He appears to be a Human of the Tehir tribes.

He is tall. He appears to be in the prime of life. He has thick-lashed slate blue eyes and olive skin. He has short and thick, glossy midnight black hair. He has an angular face, a wide nose and deep sunken cheeks.

He is in good shape.

He is wearing a deeply-cowled black burnoose that ripples faintly like living shadows, a cotton greyish-green veil, a grey silk tunic, a carved malachite ring, a copper-inlaid cotton pouch, a pair of loose black ridgeweaver silk pants, and a pair of supple dark ankle-tied sandals.

Chamorr heartily says, "Huh."

Quinshon nods at Xorus.

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean says, "Can't imagine why you'd have any business with us."

Chamorr heartily says, "Imagine that."

Villorn says, "Hmm."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Dont we have a massage for dish feller?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Sockmo asks, "I am practicing my stork pose, what do you think?"

Speaking to Gutstorm, Leafiara acknowledges, "Yup."

(Sockmo stands on his left foot, his right foot raised and tucked behind his head and his arms outstretched at his sides.)

Cryheart says, "Hello Quinshon."

Lylia says, "We do, as a matter of fact."

Speaking heartily to Quinshon, Chamorr says, "Yer name gets mentioned, and here you is."

Quinshon peers quizzically at Dergoatean.

Quinshon quietly says, "I am not your enemy."

Speaking curiously to Quinshon, Leafiara asks, "Still plotting on taking down the Blood God, eh?" (referring to 5117 when he was opposed to the Blood God)

Quinshon nods at Stormyrain. (assumed whisper exchange or perhaps thoughts since Quinshon can read minds)

Stormyrain inclines her head.

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "Didn't say you were. Now, shall you get on with telling us what to do without telling us why, so that we can go on ignoring what is possibly very sound direction?"

Speaking drunkenly to Razanetika, Gutstorm says, "Shee, I pay tention shometimesh."

Speaking to Quinshon, Goldstr says, "Glads ye got da message."

Quinshon nods at Goldstr.

Speaking to Quinshon, Shinann asks, "Tried to put anyone else's soul into anyone lately?"

Gnaeusprimus asks, "So this guy is a local shaman?"

Shinann says, "No."

Quinshon glances at Shinann.

Speaking to Gnaeusprimus, Dergoatean says, "Not local."

Speaking in Faendryl, Thrassus says something you don't understand.

Lylia says, "Not precisely local..."

Gnaeusprimus says, "Okay."

Speaking to Gnaeusprimus, Dergoatean says, "And not small-time, either, for what 'local' implies."

Guarrin whispers something to Cryheart.

Quinshon quietly says, "I will not apologize Shinann. I am only sorry that my work was not finished properly. You are a shadow of the woman you could have been replaced with."

Lylia says, "You and I have had no particular enmity, but there is someone who does bear us animosity."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "He kinda rude."

Lylia says, "Regrettably, someone you are, or were, near to."

Quinshon quietly says, "I have come here at someone's request."

Shinann shakes her head.

Speaking to Gutstorm, Dergoatean says, "That does seem a good word for it."

Cryheart whispers something to Guarrin.

Speaking heartily to Quinshon, Chamorr says, "Shinann is fine jus as is."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Yeah, even Id date her."

Shinann says, "He tried to make me someone else."

Leafiara says, "Ah, yes, of course Peter's far from the only man to do crazy things over love..."

Shinann says, "Anyway."

Shinann says, "Not about me."

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "Deteobeir zhi lovid keke? ub zhi qiedgt?"

Speaking deeply to Leafiara, Guarrin says, "That is a very accurate statement."

Quinshon quietly says, "Peter is sleeping. His request has been noted."

Quinshon grins at Dergoatean.

Speaking to Alakazim, Dergoatean says, "I don't get many chances to practice Tehir."

Speaking drunkenly to Razanetika, Gutstorm says, "Tsk tsk."


Pylasar's Request

Quinshon quietly says, "I am sure he will share his request in time, so there is no harm in informing you now."

Speaking quietly in Tehir to Quinshon, Pukk says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Alakazim, Dergoatean says, "It's a tough language. I still can't understand a word between native speakers."

Quinshon quietly says, "His memories are diminishing. He is worried he will not be able to rely on previous methods to complete his work."

Quinshon grins at Pukk.

Speaking to Dergoatean, Alakazim says, "You and me both."

Leafiara concedes, "Makes sense to me."

Speaking heartily to Quinshon, Chamorr asks, "Well, could ya make her the heir to a scotch distillery?"

Speaking to Quinshon, Goldstr asks, "So ye may replace Lady Chronomage Chrysamber?"

Lylia asks, "Losing his clarity altogether, then? It is not entirely surprising. Are these the traps that Naimorai laid for him, then? Or an effect of his own unnatural life?"

Quinshon quietly says, "Replace? No."

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Quinshon quietly says, "Traps then, and now."

Dergoatean says, "Who better to strengthen memories than the one who blots them out."

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Lylia murmurs, "I see."

Speaking to Quinshon, Raelee asks, "What were these traps, precisely? He has only alluded to them. How did they work?"

Quinshon quietly says, "The witch will work to strengthen her paragons and weaken Peter's work."

Shinann says, "You mean your daughter."

Leafiara slowly asks, "And... are you even slightly willing to consider helping him out?"

Quinshon quietly says, "My seed."

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Quinshon quietly says, "I am not bound to that which I create like your people."

Leafiara skeptically muses, "So you have no particular problem with us pursuing the end of your dau--seed, got it. Well then."

Quinshon quietly says, "Some rise, some fall, some must be suffocated."

Speaking to Quinshon, Trisu asks, "Seed, you mean like Acorn, or the Behemoths, you are still related to them aren't you?" (OOC: This is simultaneously a very on-target and very off-target question. Acorn was a child working with the Rooks, who had been captured by Quinshon and placed in a pocket shadow dimension from which he was eventually rescued. No known direct relation to Quinshon, however, which is what he was talking about as far as "seeds" go. As for the behemoths from the Bleaklands, a previous encounter with one and the way its maw moved bore some similarities to how Quinshon's own mouth of shadows moved after Rodnay briefly exposed the Black Shaman and sent him into retreat; on top of that, said encounter with the behemoth was during a time when Quinshon was briefly spotted with the adventuring party. However, there's no particular confirmation of a direct link.)

Leafiara agrees, "I do like the suffocated part in this case."

Lylia says, "Just so."

Speaking to Quinshon, Ruabadra asks, "Perhaps we could just skip the suffocation?"

Lylia asks, "Has she served her purpose, then?"

Speaking adamantly to Ruabadra, Leafiara says, "Not for Raznel."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ruabadra asks, "How is this guy any better than the witch?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Ruabadra asks, "Are you sure he's not the witch?"

Kelrion says, "Suffocation is too easy.... should hurt first... a lot."

Quinshon quietly says, "No. She has long discarded her purpose."

Speaking offhandedly to Ruabadra, Leafiara says, "Well, he's no saint, but he hasn't unleashed several plagues around here for years either."

Quinshon quietly says, "Many have, many have not."

Quinshon glances at Raelee.

Quinshon quietly says, "I do not know every aspect of the traps."

Raelee nods slowly at Quinshon.

Quinshon quietly says, "Memories within memories. Illusions to lead him astray. Mental distractions."

A group of townspeople wander by, cheeks sunken, eyes darkened, their bodies looking weak and malnourished. Some of them stop others passing by, begging for fresh food or drink, and many of them are turned away.

Raelee quietly says, "... another item for the list, then."

Lylia says, "We have noticed some of these distractions."

Goldstr says, "We needs feed dem folks." (OOC: the previous message was a current ambient)

Speaking to Quinshon, Trisu asks, "That's the way he normally operates...isnt it?"

Madmountan asks, "So presumably, Peter wants your help dismantling his daughter's traps?"

Speaking to Goldstr, Lylia says, "We have been working tirelessly at it."

Quinshon quietly says, "Peter once came to me near the end of his suffering to write over his loss."

Quinshon quietly says, "He has requested we revisit those memories, some of which unlock the paragons."

Lylia says, "Write over his loss? A kind of palimpsest, then."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Ruabadra says, "Haven't figured out yet why we should trust a one of these folks."

Cryheart whispers something to Guarrin.

Madmountan asks, "And you would do that for him?"

Quinshon quietly says, "It is likely we will still need the chronomage to take you there. But I am able to facilitate the location."

Quinshon quietly says, "Yes, and no."

Speaking to Ruabadra, Stormyrain says, "That's pretty damned valid."

Quinshon quietly says, "I am not without a price."

Lylia says, "Naturally."

Goldstr says, "Understood."

Lylia asks, "What did you have in mind?"

Radeek mutters, "A greedy Tehir...be a'givin us all a bad name."

Madmountan says, "Your prices always...intrigue me."

Lylia offhandedly remarks, "Mother, too, demands a price to feed the hungry and distribute food, and I do not hear as many murmurs of dissent about that. It is worth hearing of the price, at least."

Quinshon quietly says, "It will not be a task for the weak or good-hearted. Perhaps we should retire to your office, Mayor? Perhaps only those who wish to truly know, or truly help, may follow, affording those who wish to absolve themselves they may."

Ruabadra says, "Not sure weak and good-hearted are the same thing..."

Quinshon quietly says, "Yes they are."

Lylia says, "You are more than welcome there."

Kelrion says, "Close enough."

Lylia says, "I shall be in my chambers."

Cryheart says, "Depends upon your perspective."

Leafiara says, "Pylasar gave similar warnings about killing the paragons being a morally difficult task and so far it's been about as moral a thing to do as there could be."

[travel]

[Moot Hall, Mayor Lylia's Office]

From a dais, the maoral desk and an ivory and velvet curule seat loom over two carved wooden chairs. Tapestry rugs cover the hardwood floor, their patterns complementing the arched windows flanking the desk. A stag's head stares at a panoramic fresco mounted opposite it. In a corner near the bar, a scarred witchwood perch rises to the high ceiling, while several feet away, a black iron stove rests against the west wall and is topped with a silver kettle. You also see a varnished modwir door, a maoral bookcase and a small maoral sideboard with some stuff on it.

Mayor Lylia just came through a varnished modwir door.

Pukk quietly says, "Wow, Cryheart was faster than Lylia."

Quinshon glances at Cryheart.

Cryheart says, "I wanted to hear."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "So you can move fast when you want to."

Speaking to Quinshon, Lylia says, "I have an open-door policy. If I did not, people would batter it down to be heard, anyway."

Speaking to Quinshon, Goldstr says, "Ye has our ears fer now."

Speaking quietly to Quinshon, Pukk says, "I don't think he means that literally."

Cryheart says, "The citizenry has the right to hear."

Quinshon quietly says, "Your presence prevents any outrage."

Quinshon nods at Cryheart.

Lylia says, "I could not agree more. But others have a right to speak and be heard without being shouted down."

Guarrin whispers something to Cryheart.

Cryheart says, "Aye folks, let's hear the information and strategy without judging."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Deez sheats are comfy."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "I'll judge plenty, thank you."

Dergoatean says, "But I'll listen first."

Quinshon quietly says, "I need blood from Cordarius Hodges. Magister of the Hall of Mages. He currently resides near your town with his tents."

Cryheart says, "Is ok good to hear afore one considers."

Lylia asks, "All of his blood, or only a portion?"

Quinshon quietly says, "A portion."

Speaking to Quinshon, Raelee asks, "Why?"

Quinshon quietly says, "He does not need to be dead."

Lylia says, "I see."

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "Need it be given willingly?"

Leafiara curiously asks, "Does he have to give it willingly?"

Quinshon quietly says, "Respectfully Magister Svala, you had surely known I would not answer that."

Quinshon nods at Raelee.

Cryheart says, "I would prefer we did no harm to the mage."

Lylia says, "'Why' is a question I intend to ask shortly. After I listen."

Goldstr says, "Nae much mer den Crux would ask."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I don't know blood magic but I do know that's always the first thing."

Quinshon quietly says, "Willingly, or unwillingly. I will need it. Or access to him to obtain it myself."

Speaking to Quinshon, Raelee asks, "Everything comes with a price, does it not?"

Quinshon quietly says, "Yes."

Cryheart asks, "The tents outside the Outpost?"

Speaking to Quinshon, Raelee says, "Mine is typically information."

Quinshon quietly says, "Then fortunately there is a room full of others with a smaller price."

Quinshon nods at Raelee.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goldstr says, "Tinks so. He told us he be settin up camp near der."

Speaking to Quinshon, Radeek asks, "Afta folks marches in der an bleeds da poor sap dry...den what?"

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee says, "Before the lot of them run off to go bleed one of my mages, I would take an opportunity to sort this myself."

Cryheart whispers something to Lylia.

Quinshon quietly says, "I respectfully decline to answer you."

Quinshon nods at Radeek.

Leafiara curiously asks, "How big a portion of blood would it have to be?"

Madmountan says, "I'm sure he can be made to bleed easily enough."

Quinshon quietly says, "Know everything I do is for our people."

Quinshon nods at Radeek.

Speaking to Radeek, Dergoatean says, "Respectfully, of course."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "He's a imperial, spill it all."

Speaking softly to Quinshon, Razanetika asks, "A vial, a flask...?"

Lylia says, "Absolutely. There will be no bleeding of this man, who is not within the Landing's walls or jurisdiction, lest it provoke an unfortunate diplomatic incident."

Quinshon quietly says, "Three vials."

Dergoatean removes a vial of ebon-swirled blood from in his black and white longcoat.

Speaking to Quinshon, Soneiken says, "Define "our"."

Speaking to Quinshon, Dergoatean asks, "About this big?"

Cryheart says, "I will nae participate."

Quinshon nods.

Speaking in Tehir to Quinshon, Radeek says something you don't understand.

Leafiara optimistically says, "Hey, maybe he'll be willing to donate to the cause. Never know."

Stormyrain glances skeptically at Leafiara.

Dergoatean says, "Just realized I don't even remember whose blood this is any more."

Kembriana melodically says, "We can just offer to give him a new piercing."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Madmountan says, "Taste it."

Speaking offhandedly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "From the primordials in the Southron Wastes." (several of us still have those vials of ebon-swirled blood; they were collected from primordials as a necessary ingredient to creating the salve that was able to reverse the effects of the Everblood that made the Blameless immortal as well as the effects of Raznel's black blood curse)

Lylia says, "Understandable. For what it is worth, I am still listening. It may not be my decision to make at any rate."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Maybe..."

Lylia says, "Some things are out of even my hands."

Speaking to Madmountan, Dergoatean says, "You taste it."

Dergoatean offers Madmountan a vial of ebon-swirled blood.

Stormyrain gives a sidelong glance at Leafiara.

Quinshon quietly says, "It need not be a town agreement. I do not expect it sanctioned by your council or knights."

Madmountan accepts Dergoatean's ebon-swirled blood.

Madmountan tries to drink from his ebon-swirled blood without much success.

Quinshon quietly says, "I do not care who acquires it or arranges it for me."

Madmountan offers Dergoatean a vial of ebon-swirled blood.

Speaking quietly to Quinshon, Pukk says, "That makes it a lot easier."

Madmountan says, "It's a bit syrupy."

Cryheart says, "I shall excuse myself."

Quinshon quietly says, "But that is my price."

Sir Cryheart just went through a varnished modwir door.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara reasons, "Well, it's -possible.- Just talking out loud."

Razanetika softly says, "I believe Magister Raelee should be the one to approach and ask the mage for his blood..."

Dergoatean says, "Bit stale, by now."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "It is not, given the Empire's views of blood magic."

Razanetika softly says, "After that... well... we go from there I guess."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "What if he's a rogue imperial? Never any shortage of those approaching around here."

Speaking heartily to Quinshon, Chamorr says, "When do you need this."

Stormyrain says, "Then the Magister would not have referred to him as one of her mages."

Leafiara wryly says, "...not to sound too much like Wolfloner."

Lylia says, "Yes. When is a good question."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara relents, "Ah, fair..."

Madmountan says, "Before he helps Peter, presumably."

Speaking to Quinshon, Goldstr asks, "Kin ye tell us why ye needs his blood?"

Speaking softly to Goldstr, Razanetika says, "He's already declined that request."

Talonhawke quietly says, "To create rainbows and ki-lin, obviously."

Lylia says, "Some people require payment in full before services rendered. Others are content to wait. Let us hear more."

Lylia clarifies, "Rather, let us do more than hear. Let us listen."

Guarrin deeply suggests, "In an effort to avoid escalation, I would let the Magister handle this."

Radeek says, "It'd be best if'n da magister give'd blood willin'ly, what wit' da way da empire looks on blood magics. Ye'd be hunted down an hung, er worse, if ya took'd it b'force."

Speaking softly to Quinshon, Razanetika asks, "When do you need the three vials?"

Quinshon nods at Stormyrain. (I assume, but not sure, this is in relation to her talking about the impossibility of Cordarius giving blood willingly)

Speaking to Radeek, Stormyrain says, "And because of that, he likely would not--knowing who it is going to."


Corpses

A townsperson can be heard nearby, "...and I saw a corpse outside of town so I went to tell a guard and h...." The townsperson's voice trails off.

Speaking heartily to Quinshon, Chamorr says, "Why his blood, Radeek has some good blood too."

Stormyrain says, "..pardon."

Pukk quietly says, "Oh no..."

Pukk quietly says, "Not again."

Wanion softly says, "Oh my."

Quinshon quietly says, "I will leave you to your affairs."

Xorus says, "Pleasure as always."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

As you progress on this north-south path, the dark forest to the west catches your eye. A little forbidding in its primeval appearance, it is sure to offer a good source of small-game hunting. You also see a bloodied human corpse, a withered patch of grass and a mottled rolton hide tent.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Great Lord Ryndith, Conquerer of Reim Dhairn

(Leafi sends out a Symbol of Need)

Dhairn quietly says, "Stop."

Dhairn quietly says, "There's something in there."

Dhairn quietly says, "It's clicking."

>look corp

The corpse looks savagely brutalized, missing entire sections of flesh along its arms and legs. Patches of skin are peeled away along its face, making the body's facial features almost unrecognizable. Old webs still cling to sections of the corpse and dried blood stains countless vicious wounds.

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

Stormyrain says, "Find Leafiara."

Dhairn quietly says, "Like a scarab."

Cryheart says, "Here."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied human corpse.

Leafiara says, "Clicking would... probably not be a good thing."

Dhairn quietly says, "Don't touch it."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Dhairn asks, "See if you can uncurse it?"

(she tries)

Speaking dubiously to Dhairn, Leafiara says, "No good."

Cryheart asks, "See if ye can sing to the corpse?"

Stormyrain says, "I cannot, it does not hold any history within."

Cryheart asks, "If there are vibrations of the spirit?"

Stormyrain says, "But it looks very much like it could have been one of the ones carried off by a spider."

Cryheart says, "Savagely beaten."

Leafiara suddenly says, "Ohhh, that would follow."

Thrassus says, "You mean eaten."

Gutstorm says, "Found her."

Dhairn quietly asks, "Spiders in the corpse?"

Leafiara ruefully asks, "No song to this situation?"

Stormyrain says, "No."

Speaking to Dhairn, Ryndith asks, "Why is it always spiders?"

Someone shouts further into the depths of the Lower Dragonsclaw forest, "Another body! Eww!"

Leafiara curiously says, "Hm."

Cryheart says, "Left over spider eatings."

Cryheart says, "Or beatings."

Razanetika softly says, "Another body."

Dhairn quietly says, "Not good."

Rassyn says, "Eww."

Ryndith says, "A trail of bodies... that's never a good sign."

Leafiara says, "Another corpse in the forest, someone said."

Leafiara suggests, "Let's see if we can find more over there."

Cryheart says, "The corpse looks ghastly."

Razanetika softly exclaims, "It's clicking!"

Talonhawke quietly says, "Watch for scarabs."

Cryheart says, "Hmm..it is missing skin."

Berkana says, "Gross little beasts."

Leafiara mutters, "Scarabs would be the least of our worries at this point, probably."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "I think the archer was aiming for you."

Lylia says, "Webs."

Speaking to Razanetika, Shinann says, "Stop that." (kicking at the corpse)

Razanetika softly says, "I didn't mean to do that... sorry."

Talonhawke quietly asks, "Spider... eggs?"

Zosopage says, "From the spiders."

Zosopage says, "Figured as much."

Cryheart says, "Could be."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied human corpse.

Pukk quietly asks, "Wow, somebody tried to skin the body?"

Shinann says, "Could be the spiders from the other night."

Shinann asks, "Who was yelling in the forest?"

Leafiara tentatively says, "I keep waiting for spiders to burst out."

A hunter walks by, carrying a sack of pelts, "Saw two bodies just beyond the clearing to Trollfang...I'd best tell the guards..."

[travel]

[Upper Trollfang]

A high, steep hill lies directly to the south and the trail splits as it makes its way around. The wider, and obviously more used trail, runs off to the southwest while a smaller trail heads off to the southeast. You also see the Dergoatean disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Alakazim disk, the Zosopage disk, a lamenting forest spirit that is flying around, a brutalized human corpse and a bloodied elven corpse.

Ruabadra says, "Wow."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied elven corpse.

>look cor

The corpse looks savagely brutalized, missing entire sections of flesh along its arms and legs. Patches of skin are peeled away along its face, making the body's facial features almost unrecognizable. Old webs still cling to sections of the corpse and dried blood stains countless vicious wounds.

>look other corp

The corpse looks savagely brutalized, missing entire sections of flesh along its arms and legs. Patches of skin are peeled away along its face, making the body's facial features almost unrecognizable. Old webs still cling to sections of the corpse and dried blood stains countless vicious wounds.

Razanetika softly says, "More clicking."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody merge with Cryheart!"

Dhairn quietly says, "This is..."

Cryheart says, "Brutal."

Zosopage says, "These bodies should be taken care of. Buried or burned."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a brutalized human corpse.

Madmountan says, "Uh oh."

Shinann says, "We could be being led to the the lair of the spiders."

Leafiara uncertainly says, "And all of them are clicking, but none are... bursting or anything. Odd..."

Dhairn quietly says, "Consecration doesn't seem to take effect."

Madmountan says, "The body about to give birth."

Chamorr heartily says, "The folks the spiders took."

Rassyn asks, "Were they making a run for the barrier?"

Lylia says, "Of course, as is always the case."

Speaking curiously to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Oh, there's a good thought."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied elven corpse.

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "About time."

Dhairn quietly says, "Kill it with fire before it lays eggs."

Pukk quietly says, "Geesh."

Cryheart: "Scout around and see if we can find a trail."

Shinann says, "Sorry... trying to think. Did not expect to see Quinshon."

Ryndith says, "Definitely too far gone, burning is the only answer."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a brutalized human corpse.

Cryheart says, "Get ready."

Leafiara sighs, "Who's singing Peace?"

Lylia coldly says, "I would burn them properly, but someone sees fit to create islands of illusory safety."

Mongonator says, "Not me."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied elven corpse.

Bernadette softly says, "Not me."

Lylia pointedly says, "And it should cease."

Ryndith says, "I will be useless in the fight, so I shall prepare Town Square for triage."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ruabadra says, "Was wandering by myself, seemed prudent."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Good thinking...they might rise from the dead." (trying to cast Fire Spirit at them)

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a brutalized human corpse.

Cryheart asks, "Perhaps the bodies should be burned?"

Dhairn quietly says, "Bury them."

Pukk quietly says, "Scarabs."

Some townspeople scream along South Ring Road of town, "Bodies! Ahhh! Bodies!"

Speaking to Cryheart, Lylia says, "Working on that."

Leafiara says, "...maybe the clicking is anti-magic and we need an actual torch--"

The voice of Razanetika softly asks, "In town now too?"

Dhairn quietly says, "Back to town."

Zosopage asks, "In town too?"

Shinann says, "Oh no."

Kembriana melodically says, "South ring."

Cryheart says, "Moving into town."

Pukk quietly says, "There are scarabs in them."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Run!"

[travel]

Dhairn quietly says, "Have to save our youngin's first and foremost."

[travel]

(OOC) Gutstorm's player whispers to the group, "This feels like the movie clue where we zippin around while poeple get killed off."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A spacious boulevard intersects the Ring Road at this point. Traders and peddlers pass by, carting their wares home from a busy day in the bazaar, and a few townsfolk scatter east and west bearing packages, sacks and purchases. There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Dhairn disk, the sparkling Talonir disk, the Razanetika disk, the Rassyn disk, a bloodied human corpse and an intricate gate in a cast-iron fence.

>look corp

The corpse looks savagely brutalized, missing entire sections of flesh along its arms and legs. Patches of skin are peeled away along its face, making the body's facial features almost unrecognizable. Old webs still cling to sections of the corpse and dried blood stains countless vicious wounds.

Cryheart says, "More."

Ryndith: "Strange that none of em are dwarves. Or we're just hardier stock then that."

Lylia says, "Just like the others."

Ruabadra says, "One to the east too."

Madmountan says, "I think we should open it up and see what's inside."

Valania says, "Four total."

Pukk quietly says, "Ewww."

Leafiara speculates, "So the... spiders took them, did something, and then... brought them back? Curious..."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied human corpse.

Cryheart says, "Like an exploding orb."

Zosopage asks, "How did they get here. How did we not see them coming?"

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "I dont wanna get blowd up mitter Cryheart!"

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a bloodied elven corpse.

Dhairn quietly says, "More like the spiders are here. ANd these fair townsfolk were taken at their daily routines."

Shinann says, "More to the east."

Cryheart says, "More to the east."

The voice of Razanetika softly asks, "Are we only seeing human and elven corpses?"

Sofal asks, "Dropped from the rooftops or over the wall?"

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara acknowledges, "Well, that would go in line with Thrayzar suddenly losing their trail... however they vanished might be however they came back."

Ruabadra says, "Thus far."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

Many of the travellers through this part of town appear to be pilgrims, priests and monks. They travel to and fro, moving along the quiet road to the north. The hoot of an owl echoes from somewhere beyond the palisade wall. There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area. You also see a savaged elven corpse.

Cryheart says, "Elves."

Kembriana sings appealingly to a savaged elven corpse:

"Corpse that fell

Do you have a story to tell?"

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Elvesh are an acceptable loss no?"

Cryheart says, "A ticking time bomb."

The voice of Razanetika softly says, "Watch it Gutstorm."

Pukk quietly says, "Web."

Speaking cautiously to Cryheart, Leafiara agrees, "That's very possible."

Pukk quietly asks, "Spiders?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Can we drag it outta town."

Cryheart says, "Elves are freely able to live here."

Pukk quietly says, "Oh no."

Shinann says, "We are not sure it was the spiders."

Pukk quietly says, "Infection."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara agrees, "Yes, never sure... the webs could be a decoy or even an illusion."

Shinann says, "But the webs."

[Voln - Ryndith] "Was I a bit premature in preparing for triage?"

Ruabadra says, "A spider coulda laid their eggs inside 'em."

[Voln - Leafiara] "...the night is young."

Dhairn quietly says, "We can be fairly sure the death was caused by spiders. Or we'd have found a body by now that wasn't eaten."

Persistance says, "Hearing a clicking.."

Talonhawke quietly says, "That's what I'm thinking."

Ruabadra says, "I've seen it with smaller critters in the woods, but a big spider could do it with elves."

[Voln - Pukk] "No, but cover up your kilt"

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Leafiara suggests, "If we can move them, it might be best to at least get them all into one location."

Cryheart: "Anything happening to any of the corpses, other than the clicking noise?"

[Voln - Ryndith] "That's what the blue ribbon is for."

Talonir says, "And burn them."

Chamorr heartily says, "Scarabs."

Leafiara reasons, "Whatever happens... if they explode or sprout moulis or grow spiders or anything else... at least it would be contained to one place."

Zosopage: "Not as yet."

Dhairn quietly says, "I tried dragging it."

Soneiken: "All of em doin it, if you pause long enough."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Leafiara says, "This coulda been me too if not for the Rooks bailing me out that night..."

(OOC) Ruabadra's player whispers to the group, "Look in corpse, that is closed."

Sofal asks, "Can the wolf nudge it?"

Cryheart says, "I just hae a feeling that they will explode later."

Cryheart says, "Perhaps when we go hunting the paragon."

(OOC) Guarrin's player whispers to the group, "Tried opening one already, no luck."

Dhairn quietly says, "Bash it."

Dhairn quietly asks, "Cry?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Nope."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Cryheart asks, "Aye?"

Shinann says, "They seem placed too perfectly... these poor souls."

(OOC) Ruabadra's player whispers to the group, "Yeah, but makes me fairly confident there is something inside them that will be coing out."

Dhairn quietly asks, "What do you think about bashing a corpse?"

Leafiara uncertainly says, "No obvious course of action here. Can't leave them, can't move them either... fire won't take..."

Ruabadra says, "There is definitely something on its way out from those."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ryndith says, "Town Square is woefully unprepared. We'd need more than a few healers or clerics should we have a swarm of baby giant spiders on our hands."

Chamorr heartily says, "Why are we standin here waitin fer it to open."

Cryheart says, "Someone may try..but I will nae desecrate one."

Ruabadra asks, "Anyone tried skinning it?"

Speaking insistently to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "They won't burn."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "We could stand over there and wait."

Cryheart asks, "Only human and elven corpses?"

Speaking wryly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "That ain't the Landing spirit. We get right into the thick of it."

Speaking to Cryheart, Ryndith says, "And a half-elf."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "There was a half--"

Leafiara nods at Ryndith.

Cryheart says, "Great Voln."

Ryndith says, "Dinnae see any dwarves. We're too sturdy of stock to be spider food."

Leafiara notes, "All similar sized races, anyway..."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Speaking drunkenly to Ryndith, Gutstorm says, "Beshides, im shore i tashte orribel."

Thrassus says, "Looks like this is the last one along the road."

Lylia says, "They do not burn, but the constabulary has been alerted, for all the good they can do."

A plains hawk circles lazily overhead.

A plains hawk soars high overhead.

Dhairn quietly says, "Hey bird..."

Chamorr heartily says, "Ahhh."

Speaking to Lylia, Ruabadra says, "Sounds like something's trying to get outta 'em."

Dhairn quietly says, "Come get some lunch."

Sofal asks, "Anyone try to open one with a dagger?"

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Speaking in Dwarven to Gutstorm, Ryndith says something you don't understand.

Pukk quietly says, "I just tried."

Speaking to Ruabadra, Lylia says, "Yes. It would be the sort of gift Raznel might leave."

Sofal says, "Where is Crux with his sawbone."

Bernadette softly says, "It's not like we kin hack one open."

Speaking wryly to Sofal, Leafiara say, "Talk about the right man for the job."

Cryheart says, "Goblyn would be having a field day if she was awake."

Lylia smiles thinly and without humor. "She does like to leave us gifts," she says. "No matter how many times I have told her to stop."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Guarrin deeply says, "Going to scout around some more."

Ryndith says, "Still, if we cinnae burn them and cinnae drag them off for a proper burial, it'd do no good to disrepect the dead."

Chamorr heartily asks, "There is four of em?"

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Aye the corpse is closed, oddly."

Ryndith says, "That may have been someone's father. Or mother, can't tell in its current shape."

Zosopage says, "Five I think."

A strange clicking sounds emanates from within a savaged elven corpse.

Lylia says, "And again, the guards have been notified. It takes time."

Shinann says, "There are some outside of town, but I am pretty sure they will be gone soon. Those creatures are hungry... as much as I hate to think about that."

Speaking to Ryndith, Ruabadra says, "Somebody's father who is now feeding baby spiders."

Ryndith says, "One near the gates, one near Lower Dragonsclaw, two near Trollfang, and three along this road."

Leafiara says, "At least four outside, and two or three on the roads--possibly more."

Cryheart says, "The guards shold be careful of where they put the bodies."

Lylia says, "People have value on their own. They do not need to be someone's parent to have value."

Speaking to Cryheart, Ryndith says, "The guards look like they might be bearing a bit of the plague themselves."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Have you tried to preserve the corpse?"

Dhairn quietly says, "Fails."

Lylia says, "They shall need to be identified."

Leafiara suggests, "Getting them all in one location would be good in case they're going to give birth or explode."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara replies, "Yeah, no effect."


Bursting

Suddenly blood seeps out of a savaged elven corpse and its stomach explodes outward, sending bits of flesh and bone flying!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

From the gut of a savaged elven corpse, a series of slimy hair-covered bulbous witchworms burst forth!

The a savaged elven corpse crumbles away into dust and leaves an oily black stain on the ground.

[combat ensues]

Xorus says, "The irony is that it reminds me of wasps that lay their eggs in spiders."

Cryheart says, "Oof."

Leafiara offhandedly says, "Well, better now than later."

[battle goes rather horrifically wrong as they can tail slam to knock everyone down and keep us in RT; for more, see bonus material]

The ghostly voice of Persistance says, "Guess we know what comes out..."

The ghostly voice of Razanetika softly says, "I think I'm hidden." (they can hide bodies)

[more combat, more death]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara offhandedly says, "Back in a moment..."

The ghostly voice of Razanetika softly says, "Well that was fun."

[Self-raise; go back to combat eventually, but honestly the rest of Leafi's night is in triage as almost nobody can handle fighting these things. So in lieu of editing any of that, here's what eventually happened...]

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm can be seen sliding along a path in town. Suddenly, it begins to break apart, crumbling into a black oily substance that coats the very ground along a spot of town.

[much later]

Another witchworm slithers along a road of Wehnimer's Landing then breaks apart, spilling an oily black liquid across the ground that seems to coat the very earth.

Another witchworm slithers along a road of Wehnimer's Landing then breaks apart, spilling an oily black liquid across the ground that seems to coat the very earth.

[later]

Another witchworm slithers along a road of Wehnimer's Landing then breaks apart, spilling an oily black liquid across the ground that seems to coat the very earth.

[much later]

Another bulbous witchworm slithers along a road, slowly breaking apart and leaving a trail of oily black fluid that seeps into the ground.


Bonus Material

Witchworm Battle Records

495+ AS

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm charges at Mongonator!

AS: +495 vs DS: +600 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +28 = -48

A clean miss.

Tail Slams

(shown is a selection of capped characters of different professions)

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm lifts up the end of its huge tail and slams it into the ground, shaking everything violently!

[SMR result: 226 (Open d100: 55)]

Thrassus falls down!

[SMR result: 116 (Open d100: 71)]

Madmountan falls down!

[SMR result: 161 (Open d100: 90)]

Dergoatean falls down!

[SMR result: 144 (Open d100: 80)]

Shinann falls down!

[SMR result: 151 (Open d100: 87)]

Chaoswynd falls down!

[SMR result: 99 (Open d100: 14)]

You manage to keep your footing.

363-424+ melee DS, full plate AvD (offensive stance)

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora slasher at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +480 vs DS: +424 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +53 = +134

... and hit for 7 points of damage!

Flashy swing!

Too bad it only bopped the bulbous witchworm's nose.

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +547 vs DS: +409 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +22 = +195

... and hits for 35 points of damage!

Cryheart's vultite greataxe releases a twisted tendril of force!

... 5 points of damage!

Weak eye gouge, probably distracting.

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +592 vs DS: +363 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +1 = +248

... and hits for 40 points of damage!

Necrotic energy from Chamorr's glaes broadsword flares up momentarily!

Chamorr appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Corpse Flinging

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm charges at Ryndith!

AS: +495 vs DS: +296 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +72 = +300

... and hits for 50 points of damage!

Solid blow gouges a chunk out of Ryndith's right leg.

Ryndith drops dead at your feet!

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm violently swishes its tail around in victory, inadvertently slamming into Ryndith's corpse and sending it west!

Eating People

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm hovers its enormous head directly above Kembriana and begins to inhale with a powerful, gale force draw.

Kembriana is sucked up straight into the maw of the witchworm!

Burrowing

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm suddenly lurches into the air, then dives straight into the ground with amazing force!

In a few seconds, it has buried itself so deeply you can no longer see any part of the witchworm, however you can still feel the vibrations of its violent departure.

Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath Raelee as a hair-covered bulbous witchworm erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!

Rocks and dirt pelt Raelee as she is thrown into the air!

Raelee is struck by heavy debris!

... 45 points of damage!

Right leg collapses as the bones turn to dust!

She is stunned!

Raelee comes crashing back into the ground!

... 1 point of damage!

Light strike to abdomen.

483 Cleric TD and cloth armor CvA

Arianiss chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...

Arianiss gestures at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm.

Arianiss bows his head in supplication as an eerie silence overtakes the area. A cold mist drifts in, blanketing the area in its clammy embrace.

A thunderous din echoes all around as the very earth shudders beneath your feet, rending apart and revealing fissures steaming with the rancid stench of brimstone.

Flames from the very bowels of the world's core erupt to consume a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

CS: +470 - TD: +483 + CvA: +25 + d100: +17 == +29

Warded off!

504 Sorcerer TD and ~7350 health

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm.

CS: +540 - TD: +504 + CvA: +25 + d100: +84 == +145

Warding failed!

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm contorts in excruciating agony!

... 2450 points of damage!

675 Melee DS (defensive stance)

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +600 vs DS: +675 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +4 = -42

A clean miss.

393-408+ Bolt DS, full plate AvD

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Lylia's hand...

Lylia gestures at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm.

Lylia hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +332 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +12 + d100 roll: +61 = +12

A clean miss.

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara channels at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm.

Leafiara hurls a roaring ball of fire at a hair-covered bulbous witchworm!

AS: +507 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +87 = +208

... and hit for 34 points of damage!

Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a hair-covered bulbous witchworm, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Corpse Hiding

A hair-covered bulbous witchworm slams its head into the ground and burrows just a few feet, resulting in a shower of dirt and debris covering Lylia's corpse, obscuring it from view!