Witchful Thinking - 5119-09-21 - Worlds Collide

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Revision as of 13:10, 23 September 2019 by LEAFIARA (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 21-22, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Thrayzar comes to Moot Hall and Sir Cryheart leads on to Lake Eonak, where Chrysamber convenes with everyone. She notes the lack of Pylasar and says his absence is concerning. She can help with the current paragon, but until her compass is repaired she won't be able to aid with further ones. She gives an ethereal compass to Thrayzar and says to tell Peter that his absence doesn't change their agreement.
  • After she leaves, Thrayzar stumbles to his knees, clutching at his abdomen and biting back a scream. Cryheart, Leafiara, and Captain Shinann suggest he stay back, but he says he's fine--then stumbles again. Xorus says the Alchemist should have taken more care in reversing his formula, but Thrayzar says it's not him. He relents and says he'll open the portal but cannot go. Captain Stormyrain asks if anyone else who hosted a scarab had been feeling cold or pain, as Cruxophim and Maags confirm with her that she had, but Balley and Mayor Lylia say no, nor do Chaoswynd or Bernadette report anything of the sort.
  • Thrayzar opens the portal and the group heads in without him to find an illusionary world of the Southron Wastes in the time of the Turamzzyrian-Faendryl War, where imperial soldiers and mages quickly attack. The group fights and explores, but eventually Faendryl hunters and summoners also attack, then later snakes and swamp trolls.
  • As they battle through the warzone, though, eventually a flash of purple light sends them instead to an illusionary war of Talador, where they're beset by dwarves, ghouls, and orcs in the time of the defense of Doggoroth Keep. The group marches on the keep itself and tries to bash its way in--
  • --but the group is pulled back again to the Southron Wastes to resume the battle there. Scarlet lights are seen in the distance--as Xorus and Sir Bristenn note that in the historical war the Faendryl ended it by summoning demons. And right on cue, Faendryl summoners and demons approach and the battles goes south quickly as Major Elemental Wave and Implosion bring swift ends to most of the Landing adventurers and allies. However, the surviving group members push onward and overhear a voice demanding to bring the dark elves to either bleed them or purify and transform them, urging that not all has to end in death, but can end in transformation.
  • Before they can investigate that, the group is pulled back to Talador again. They charge Doggoroth Keep once more and the dwarves meet them on the battlefield, but adventurers battle through and into the keep--
  • --and get taken back to the Wastes. Battle with demons! The group gets pulled back to Talador! Battle with dwarves! The group gets pulled back to the Wastes! Battle with summoners! Things go south even harder than the last time as more Major Elemental Waves lay waste to adventurers, obliterating everyone.
  • After the group recovers and returns to the Southron Wastes, Lylia reports having found Sentinel Jerram Happersett and shows the group to a twisted vine hanging from a dark mangrove tree, which they use to swing one-by-one toward the correct area. Lylia explains that Jerram wants to transform dark elves into elves. The paragons' worlds begin to briefly overlap, but the Wastes world regains stability and the group makes its way to Jerram. He surrounds himself with a barrier of blue light and promises dark elves that he can restore them to "pure glory." Razanetika (an elf) asks why we should trust him, but he says she need not worry since she's pure. Thrassus asks for details, but Jerram says he must show everyone, claiming to have had many successes.
  • Eventually Juspera volunteers to be transformed. Crux and Arasleaf attack, but to no avail as Jerram's barrier blocks them. Many in the crowd question Juspera if she's sure, but she offers Jerram her name--
  • --and then the group is pulled back to Talador, where they meet Brumas Brightforge. He's surprised to see no orcs among them and uses a similar blue barrier to Jerram. The group attempts to explain the situation that he's dead and Raznel's trapped him in a neverending illusion, but he declares them mad; however, Jerram's world begins to merge with his. Chamorr grabs him in a bearhug, but Brumas sends him flying with a pillar of shadows...
  • --and then the group, including Brumas, is pulled back to the Wastes, as the two worlds fully merge with the Southron Wastes and Talador next to each other. Brumas rushes between the two areas in shock and Sir Geijon tackles him, but Brumas fights back; Geijon says to kill him, so Brumas obliges and takes off his dead. As always occurs in the paragon worlds, Geijon's body disappears and is returned to the Landing, shocking Brumas. Everyone urges him to listen and he begins to bend the air with his hands, seeming to understand. As Jerram's voice is heard shouting for the group to return, Brumas asks where everyone is from and Cryheart says the Landing in 5119. With that... Brumas exits the portal, possibly returning to the current time!
  • With no lead on where Brumas went, the group returns to deal with Jerram. Juspera resumes volunteering to be purified and Jerram opens a cavern and invites everyone in--finding themselves in the Purity Tomb surrounded by dark elven corpses, a stone slab, and sigils on the walls. He says not to mind the corpses, as their hearts were too hardened and dark, and asks her to lie on the slab. She hesitates and fidgets as Ysharra, Shinann, Geijon, and others try to talk her out of it. Melikor and Lylia begin paying attention to the sigils on the walls, but Jerram says not to mind them. Iseo and Raza join in trying to talk her out of it, though Crux and Goblyn seem neutral to the idea; Jerram says everyone is just noise.
  • Lylia, Melikor, and Xorus begin casting spells at the sigils, but Jerram says there's no need and to stop; they keep going, but he makes no move to stop them. Juspera says she wants to believe Jerram but needs him to explain the bodies, so he reiterates his story of their hardened hearts and says he's sure she'll survive. Lylia manages to get one of the sigils to glow in response to her spell, as Juspera worries that her heart's too far gone--but nonetheless lies on the slab. However, just then Jerram notices the activated sigil and shouts to get away from them, pointing at Lylia and Xorus... and suddenly appearing tired. Dergoatean activates a second sigil. Xorus at last activates the third and then disappears.
  • Jerram flies into a rage and kills Juspera the hard way with his maul, then tries to swing at Alasatia to no avail. Bristenn delays him with the Symbol of Sleep and the walls begin to shift as Xorus is revealed standing near a silver cocoon to the east. Things break down into combat as soldiers arrive and attack; Neopuron notices that Earthen Fury can get past his barrier, even if unlikely, and Leafi, Satia, and Chaoswynd join in with Condemn, more Earthen Fury, and Spike Thorn respectively as the rest of the group splits its forces between attacking the cocoon, attacking Jerram, and attacking the incoming slew of soldiers. Katiesa, Pukk, and Bristenn continue distracting Jerram with the Symbol of Sleep as the other group destroys the cocoon. His barrier no longer works and Soneiken and Crux deal finishing blows!
  • As he begins to fade, Jerram seems to remember what Raznel did, twisting him over and over--and Peter too, saying he was just as much a monster even though Jerram begged him to stop. Jerram had escaped once before they were finished, but Peter stopped him. He laments his tarnished legacy and his children before crumbling into dust. The group is pulled out of the illusionary world, but there's no telling where Brumas has gone...


Highlights

Pukk quietly says, "Mayor schmayor...we don't need no stinking mayor."
Pukk yells, "Owlie follow us! We will need leadership!"
Evia says, "Bad joke hour has arrived."
Speaking lightly to Evia, Leafiara says, "That's every hour."
From behind Evia, Cruxophim's voice smoothly greets, "You rang?"
Hukk just arrived.
Hukk just went south.
Pukk yells, "Somebody go get that guy Hukk! I don't know why but I don't like him!"
Ysharra removes some ambrominas leaf from in her carved ivory vasculum.
Ysharra gives Leafiara a playful bite.
Ysharra stares off into space.
Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "You are entirely too sweet."
Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "Way too much chocolate."
Chrysamber melodically asks, "No Peter?"
Chrysamber melodically says, "His absence is concerning."
Speaking slowly to Chrysamber, Goblyn says, "Many things of him are concerning."
Speaking quietly to Thrayzar, Pukk says, "You should eat my meat....then you won't be having these aches."
Pukk quietly says, "More meat...not my meat."
Leafiara determinedly says, "Let's get to it, then. For Thrayzar, Pylasar, the Landing--whatever it is ya fight for."
Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "For undead bunnies!"
Iseo says, "For a Candy shop that doesn't smell of dead fish! Once more into the whatever it is."
Chamorr heartily says, "Not a bad gig."
Chamorr heartily says, "We get to whack imperials."
Speaking dreamily to Chamorr, Pukk says, "I know right."
You gesture at an armored imperial knight.
[SMR result: 1201 (Open d100: 8, Bonus: 1079)]
Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera says, "You're doing a good job."
Juspera says, "I'm still alive."
Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Don't jinx us."
Ysharra asks, "Is Juspera being cared for, Thrassus?"
Thrassus says, "Goblyn is taking care of her."
Lauranathalasa asks, "Won't Goblyn eat her?"
Stormyrain says, "..maybe a bite or two."
Speaking to a stout stone keep, Leafiara announces, "We're here and we're sieging!"
Leafiara adds, "...probably."
Dergoatean exclaims, "We're too late!  It's closed!"
Bristenn blandly observes, "Well, it seems we could bring the great fortress of Doggoroth down."
Speaking lightly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "The imaginary one at least."
Bristenn loudly sighs, "Rather."
Bristenn bitterly complains, "Closest I'll get to laying proper siege to something this year, I suppose."
Speaking earnestly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "Oh, I'll take what I can get for sure."
Speaking to Bristenn, Ysharra asks, "You had some goals?"
Bristenn agrees, "Verily."
Speaking deeply to Geijon, Guarrin says, "I told you we should have brought a battering ram."
Bristenn grumpily complains, "And dwarves build them right sturdy.  Even imaginary ones."
Cruxophim fondly purrs, "Mmmm, demon blood."
Iseo asks, "Breakfast of Champions Crux?"
Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "A friend will bail you out of the constable's office, a really good friend will help you dissect the body."
A voice echoes from all around "Bring those of tainted blood before us! Let not all end in death but rebirth! Restoration!"
Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I think when they say 'tainted blood' they're talking about you."
Leafiara scoffs at Dergoatean.
[later in the evening in the other warzone...]
A deep voice echoes in the distance, "Your army of patchwork enemies will meet defeat! So bloody help me you damned orcs and your zombies and ugly misfits! We'll grind ye all to bones and dust!"
Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara concedes, "Okay, -now- I think they're talking about us."
A deep voice growls, "Breached!  Stomp 'em boys!  Fer guts and glory and beer!"
Pietra says, "I didn't know there'd be beer."
Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin says, "Really taking getting lost to an artform."
The ghostly voice of Xorus says, "Bloody good time."
Pukk quietly says, "The Mayor didn't die because death is afraid of her."


Log

To the Lake

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Chaoswynd, Marex, Elbromo, Sofal, Death Knight Warclaidh, Razanetika, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Zosopage, Hoid who is lying down, Ferrinaust who is sitting, Mnar, Maags, Mirando, Puptilian, Mange, Guarrin, Stormyrain, Bernadette, Brandilor who is sitting, Lord Lycurgus, Psychans, Sir Ruffelin, Harfgaar who is sitting, Grand Lady Roelaren who is sitting, Arkhus, Sir Balantine, Zulgrim, Deron, Arceste

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain asks, "Where is Owliver?"

Large thunderheads roll into view, bruising the sky purple and black as bolts of white hot lightning burn across the heavens.

Iseo asks, "Where is our mayor?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd asks, "You know, I don't actually know?"

Pukk quietly says, "Mayor schmayor...we don't need no stinking mayor."

Balantine dusts off his etched militia badge.

Guarrin takes a bite of his maple walnut muffin.

Speaking deeply to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Guarrin says, "It's not the same, is it."

Speaking surprisedly to Balantine, Leafiara says, "Huh, didn't know you were in our ranks."

A grey-cloaked figure runs along some nearby rooftops, heading towards Moot Hall.

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a forest wolf, a butter and herb braised squab, a large purple wooden barrel, a bone-framed bulletin board and a polished bleakstone statue.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Bernadette, Kassyopia, Rasson, Guarrin, Iseo, Katiesa, Chaoswynd, Sofal, Razanetika, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Zosopage, Pukk, Stormyrain, Lord Lycurgus, Sir Ruffelin, Sir Balantine, Zulgrim, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Dame Evia, Sir Cryheart, Shinann, Puptilian, Mnar, Lord Thrassus, Juspera

Puptilian says, "The orc."

Pukk yells, "Owlie follow us! We will need leadership!"

Pukk quietly says, "Owlie needs to come and take over for the not the statue."

Mnar says, "Hm."

Speaking confidently to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Even though he's not that for now, he'll do us proud tonight."

Kassdorgia darkly asks, "Anyone have a clue what's going on?"

Speaking amicably to Kassdorgia, Leafiara explains, "We're going hopping into a time pocket."

Speaking earnestly to Kassdorgia, Leafiara says, "If you've never been, it's quite a trip."

Kassdorgia darkly says, "How...exciting."

Ysharra makes a complex gesture at Thrassus.

Thrassus appears to be listening intently to something.

Speaking to Thrassus, Ysharra says, "In case you get lost and have to call me to come find you."

Maags flings herself against Chamorr, bounces off of him, and giggles madly!

Evia says, "More incredibly busy and noisy than exciting so far." (OOC: keep in mind that I edit out actions, greetings of non-NPCs, spellups, healing, etc.)

Speaking amusedly to Maags, Katiesa asks, "Like throwing yourself against a brick wall, no?"

A grey-cloaked figure scales down the side of Moot Hall and lands on his feet.

Thrayzar nods.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk exclaims, "Not the statue!"

Speaking affably to Thrayzar, Leafiara greets, "Evenin'!"

Puptilian says, "Marshal."

Lylia says, "Good evening."

Speaking to Katiesa, Maags exclaims, "Sometimes they are padded!"

Cryheart says, "Good evening Marshall."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Ysharra says, "I love your gymnastics."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Owlie was going to take over for you if you didn't show."

Iseo says, "You should go find the task clerk."

Zosopage says, "I give it a 9.8."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "As if I would miss something this critical."

Lylia says, "Of course, we could have sent the statue..."

Iseo says, "Now the flower girl and the fortune teller."

Evia says, "Bad joke hour has arrived."

Hukk just arrived.

Iseo says, "Oh lord they have horrid timing."

Hukk just went south.

Speaking lightly to Evia, Leafiara says, "That's every hour."

From behind Evia, Cruxophim's voice smoothly greets, "You rang?"

Pukk yells, "Somebody go get that guy Hukk! I don't know why but I don't like him!"

Iseo says, "Crux! Now the gang is all here..."

Thrayzar joins Cryheart's group.

Speaking quietly to Thrayzar, Pukk says, "There you go! Now you are just like the rest of us."

Evia says, "Aah ground travel it is."

Thrayzar says, "Pylasar is disappointed he cannot help tonight."

Thrayzar smirks at Pukk.

Iseo pulls on Elbromo, trying to get him closer.

Iseo says, "Hold still you."

Cryheart asks, "So we headed to the lake?"

Speaking to Thrayzar, Leafiarar says, "Understandable... but hopefully he can rest assured we'll get the job done on his behalf."

Maags asks, "We are disappointed to not has him here. Is Pylasar alright?"

The voice of Cruxophim recites:

"Orcnuts!"

The faint aroma of baked treats wafts through the air, disappearing quickly.

There is a bright flash and a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut appears in the air, then falls to the ground.

Ysharra removes some ambrominas leaf from in her carved ivory vasculum.

Ysharra gives Leafiara a playful bite.

Ysharra stares off into space.

Speaking quietly to Maags, Pukk says, "Maybe if you tell him we has cake..he will come."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "You are entirely too sweet."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "Way too much chocolate."

Speaking to Pukk, Maags says, "All my sweets go bad."

Speaking to Ysharra, Leafiara scoffs, "Never too much chocolate."

Pukk quietly asks, "Why?"

Cryheart says, "The blight."

Maags exclaims, "If I knew!"

Thrayzar slowly empties his lungs.

Mnar says, "NO."

Thrayzar says, "Let's be prepared for anything."

Maags says, "Raznel is to blame no doubt."

Speaking gently to Maags, Cruxophim suggests, "Perhaps you could learn to like rotting things?"

Speaking to Maags, Sofal says, "I thought it was because there were traps set up against him."

Speaking confidently to Thrayzar, Leafiara says, "We've got this. We'll get whichever paragon it is. One step closer tonight."

Thrayzar asks, "Shall we Sir?"

Thrayzar peers quizzically at Cryheart.

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Thrayzar says, "To the lake."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Maags exclaims, "I should not likes to fight with yous over treats!"

[travel]

Ysharra says, "You're fine, Daisy."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Katiesa offers, "Perhaps she could also fly."

Pukk quietly says, "When sugar rots it turns to alcohol...which isn't a bad thing."

Roelaren: "It is starting."

Maags says, "The lake mus be getting chillies."

Mnar says, "I feel like we're going to tree spirits."

Speaking to Pukk, Ysharra says, "Depends on what you call bad."

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak]

You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees and a cedar chip path.

Also here: Bernadette, Rasson, Guarrin, Iseo, Katiesa, Chaoswynd, Sofal, Razanetika, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Zosopage, Pukk, Stormyrain, Lord Lycurgus, Sir Ruffelin, Sir Balantine, Zulgrim, Shinann, Puptilian, Lord Thrassus, Juspera, Sir Geijon, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Event Planner Leafiara, Dame Evia, Xorus, Alasatia, Melikor, Land Pirate Maylan, Magister Raelee, Lord Chamorr, Ysharra, Maags, Thrayzar, Neopuron, Mayor Lylia, Cruxophim, Mnar, Draught, Laralana, Kassyopia, Death Knight Warclaidh, Sir Cryheart

Leafiara: "And come to Lake Eonak if you want to join us on our expedition!"

Thrayzar nods.

Pukk: "And join Sir Shiny and his merry band."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "You look very relaxed."

Juspera says, "No."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I believe you. Always."

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk asks, "Come to watch us die again?"

Lady Chrysamber just arrived.

Thrayzar bows to Chrysamber.

Chrysamber melodically asks, "No Peter?"

Cryheart says, "Evenin."

Maags sadly says, "Not tonight."

Thrayzar says, "We go in his place. We'll see the job done."

Guarrin whispers something to Geijon.

Chrysamber melodically says, "I see."

Pukk quietly says, "I know a Chrysamber joke...."

Chrysamber melodically says, "His absence is concerning."

Ysharra whispers something to Juspera.

Iseo says, "Oh dear."

Speaking curiously to Thrayzar, Cruxophim wonders, "How does that work? You don't have his memories?"

Speaking slowly to Chrysamber, Goblyn says, "Many things of him are concerning."

Speaking to a forest wolf, Maags says, "Priestesses are not snacks."

Thrayzar points at Chrysamber.

Speaking curiously to Thrayzar, Cruxophim concludes, "That was a question?"

Pukk quietly says, "Helga says, "We don't serve your kind here." Then Chrysamber walked into a bar."

Leafiara offers, "He'll probably be back for more memory diving when needed, at least. Just... not so much this hunt tonight."

Speaking fondly to Maags, Katiesa says, "My hero."

Chrysamber melodically says, "I have what we needed from Peter's memories. But I am unable to move forward until I can repair my compass."

Chrysamber melodically says, "This will be the last paragon I can aid with until that time."

Speaking concernedly to Chrysamber, Leafiara asks, "...how long will that take?"

Evia says, "Oh."

Cruxophim calmly states, "Well, let's do this then."

Chrysamber gestures and an ethereal compass forms in her other hand and she passes it over to Thrayzar.

Chrysamber offers Thrayzar an ethereal compass.

Thrayzar accepts Chrysamber's ethereal compass.

Chrysamber nods.

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera says, "Look..."

Chrysamber melodically says, "Good luck."

Ysharra says, "Here we go."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I want a compass like that."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Oh, I know what you're up to."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "No."

Chrysamber melodically says, "Remind Peter his absence does not change our agreement."

Lady Chrysamber just went southwest.

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera says, "Clearly we can't discuss this now."

Leafiara offhandedly says, "Well, so much for that question."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Sometimes I wonder if you do, but..."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "I think you still have some blood on your lips. You forgot to use a napkin."

Evia says, "Golly."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian asks, "Why not?"

Iseo says, "Good luck. Famous last words. Something Like "Watch This Bruno"."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain states, "You'd try to go one place and end up in someplace completely different."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "All right."


Stumbling Block

Thrayzar says, "I am sure he kno...."

Thrayzar suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain explains, "He wants one of the Chronomage compasses."

Thrayzar kneels down.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I am where I need to be at that moment. Not necessarily where I want to be."

Speaking tentatively to Thrayzar, Leafiara asks, "...you okay there?"

Thrayzar grabs at his abdomen suddenly, looking very pale and biting back a scream as his face almost writhes from pain.

Speaking amusedly to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd says, "Of course he does. It's shiny, and has an arrow that points places. Course, he has no idea where it's pointing..."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Ysharra says, "Of course you aren't okay."

Maags says, "Not alrights at all."

Pukk quietly says, "He ate at Helga's again."

Cryheart asks, "Are ye sure ye should nae stay at home?"

Speaking tentatively to Thrayzar, Leafiara says, "Maybe, just maybe, you should sit this one out after opening the path..."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Shinann says, "You are not all right."

Thrayzar clenches his jaw.

Speaking confusedly to Thrayzar, Maylan asks, "Watcha doin?"

Thrayzar stands up.

Thrayzar says, "I am ..fine. I am fine."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Stormyrain says, "That looked very familiar."

Shinann says, "Yes."

Speaking wryly to Thrayzar, Katiesa says, "Of course you are."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Shinann says, "Do this another time."

Balantine quietly says, "Bloodstone amulets help."

Speaking softly to Thrayzar, Razanetika says, "When someone says they are "fine"... that usually means they are not..."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Ysharra asks, "What are you connecting to?"

Speaking heartily to Thrayzar, Chamorr says, "Suck it up, les do this."

Thrayzar suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Speaking cautiously to Thrayzar, Leafiara says, "Well... can't blame ya for wanting to see the mission through no matter what, but--"

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Everybody knows that Helga is pretty good with poisons too."

Thrayzar says, "I..."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Geijon says, "This is only th' third."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Puptilian says, "You can't have your revenge if your risks keeps you from the final battle."

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Goblyn says, "Maybe, yes. But... it is different."

Xorus says, "The Alchemist should have gone to more care in reversing what he did."

Goblyn whispers something to Pukk.

Mnar asks, "So do we just, like, kill whoever the compass points at?"

Thrayzar says, "This is not the alchemist."

Stormyrain whispers something to Thrayzar.

Thrayzar winces.

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "I know, it is the sneaky kind."

Thrayzar whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking to Mnar, Geijon says, "More complicated than that."

Speaking deeply to Mnar, Guarrin says, "That's a different game."

Thrayzar nods at Shinann.

Speaking concernedly to Thrayzar, Leafiara asks, "What is it, then?"

Pukk whispers something to Goblyn.

Speaking to Mnar, Thrassus says, "More or less."

Speaking to Mnar, Evia says, "Well not exactly but close."

Speaking surreptitiously to Thrayzar, Cruxophim observes, "You don't look fine."

Speaking deeply to Mnar, Guarrin says, "However, you're not far off."

Cryheart asks, "Did ye get a scarab?"

Mnar says, "Kind of like one of those witch-finding compasses."

Speaking to Mnar, Ysharra asks, "You remember about listening to Thrassus, yes?"

Thrayzar says, "I will see the portal open. I cannot go."

Speaking to Mnar, Ysharra asks, "And to not do that?"

Speaking to Thrayzar, Puptilian asks, "Who do you owe to do this and take this risk?"

Speaking helpfully to Thrayzar, Leafiara says, "Well, like I just said... understandable, but rest assured we'll get the job done... and rest up."

Cryheart says, "Aye, I thought we would hae to bind ye to keep ye here."

Thrayzar peers quizzically at Puptilian.

Speaking to Thrayzar, Goldstr says, "Ahh."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Geijon says, "It's progress."

Speaking to Thrayzar, Puptilian asks, "You risk so much. Why? Your fight can be over now. Why push so hard now?"

Iseo says, "One of the benefits to being clueless is one gets to do things like this without worrying overmuch before the fact."

Thrayzar grunts.

Guarrin deeply asks, "Do we know which one we're going after?"

Pietra whispers something to Iseo.

Speaking quietly to Thrayzar, Pukk says, "You should eat my meat....then you won't be having these aches."

Speaking to Guarrin, Thrassus says, "We do not."

Stormyrain asks, "Has anyone else who was host to one of the Witch's scarabs experienced pain and coldness in the past day?"

Pukk quietly says, "More meat...not my meat."

Balley softly says, "I have not."

Speaking surreptitiously to Stormyrain, Cruxophim wonders, "Have you?"v

Iseo says, "Whew."

Balley softly says, "I have never felt anything different."

Lylia says, "I have been as hale as ever."

Speaking deeply to Thrassus, Guarrin says, "Thanks. Was hoping the mage owuld have mentioned that.."

Speaking curiously to Bernadette, Leafiara asks, "What about you?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Maags says, "'parentlies yous has."

Shinann says, "He is not going into the portal... but... I will stay back with him."

Stormyrain says, "I have."

Stormyrain says, "That is why I'm asking."

Speaking agreeably to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Seems wise."

Puptilian says, "I will stay with you too."

Speaking amusedly to Stormyrain, Cruxophim remarks, "I believe after two bouts, Raznel has finally given up on me... so no."

Lylia says, "I have suffered nothing else beyond the indignity of it."


Into the Southron Wastes

Thrayzar touches the ethereal compass in his hand and it melts away. A sliver of shimmering silver light begins to appear, slowly taking on the form of a portal as Thrayzar stumbles off.

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Juspera says, "Oh, boy."

Cruxophim surreptitiously wonders, "Perhaps someone should check on him..."

Shinann just went southwest.

Lylia says, "Someone is." [Shinann]

Leafiara determinedly says, "Let's get to it, then. For Thrayzar, Pylasar, the Landing--whatever it is ya fight for."

Cryheart asks, "All ready?"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I believe you're familiar with the phrase about a fan and what will soon hit it."

Lylia says, "Of course."

Speaking lightly to a forest wolf, Katiesa says, "Don't let Maags see you look at me like that."

Speaking affably to Leafiara, Cruxophim cries, "For all those things, yes!"

Cryheart says, "Here we go."

Speaking softly to Stormyrain, Balley asks, "I have not had any ill effects at all. Only ever had it move in me. Never got sick or hindered. Maybe you were poisoned a bit with the bleakstone?"

Goblyn whispers something to Leafiara.

Cryheart says, "Wait..tis closed."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "For undead bunnies!"

Cruxophim lifts his bone cup in a toast and proclaims:

"Survival in the face of adversity... for Wehnimer's Landing!"

The portal begins to shimmering and churn as if slowly opening.

Iseo says, "For a Candy shop that doesn't smell of dead fish! Once more into the whatever it is."

Cryheart says, "There."

Speaking offhandedly to Cruxophim, Leafiara says, "Or vengeance. All the things."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "No idea where she went to."

Stormyrain murmurs, "Mayhaps."

Guarrin whispers something to Geijon.

Cruxophim yells, "Avenge all the things!!"

Puptilian says, "Going to go find her."

The portal opens.

Speaking to Cryheart, Maags says, "Nevah not, Sir."

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "He has to land, I assume."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Stormyrain says, "I would wager it was more of a spell being cast, than the bleakstone..but that is just a guess."

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a shimmering silver portal.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

With an almost unperceivable shift, the ground gives way from firm sand to peaty soil, and the scent of decaying vegetation thickens. Dwarfed palm trees yield to more dominant mangroves with buttressed trunks shading the area with their glossy, dark green, egg-shaped leaves. Brackish pools of water play host to reedy grasses home to amphibious mudskipper fish treading the muck. You also see a shimmering silver portal.

Cryheart says, "There."

Juspera asks, "Where are we?"

Geijon says, "Th' dwarf."

Cryheart says, "We move slowly."

Xorus says, "Ah. Home."

Cryheart says, "Southron waste."

Speaking wryly to Cryheart, Cruxophim agrees, "Well, yes."

Leafiara says, "Ah... been a few years since visiting here." (OOC: this was before I did logs, but we went to the real Southron Wastes in 5116 to collect primordial blood)

Speaking to Cryheart, Ysharra says, "Tag. You're it. Forever."

Shinann says, "I could not find him." [she'd returned]

Leafiara musingly says, "Wonder if we'll find primordials this time too."

A uniformed imperial soldier just arrived!

[combat]

Shinann says, "You know how he can hide."

Lylia whispers something to Xorus.

Geijon says, "Hold."

Maags says, "Uh."

Cryheart says, "Errr..wait."

Evia says, "Golly."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "See if they attack." (in this case they actually were the first to attack... for once)

[combat]

Leafiara reminds, "They're just memory ghosts like all the other times, anyway."

[combat]

Lylia reminds, "This is not real. This is a Paragon's vision."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Geijon says, "One dead."

Cruxophim wryly notes, "Well, blatant murder is fine, I suppose."

Maags says, "I am not veries good at this."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Leaving the brackish waters of the swamp behind, firmer ground leading off to the north becomes a plain of waving grasses dotted with scrubby live oaks and other small mounds of brush. Off in the distance, stark moonlight reflects upon the white salt remains of a sunken lakebed at the foot of an embracing mountain chain.

Ysharra says, "These are just challenges either the witch herself or the paragon are presenting to defend this illusion."

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Hella lag."

(OOC) Shinann's player whispers to the group, "Sorry for the OOC but my lag is awful tonight..."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "You ain't lyin'."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Lagging."

(OOC) Maags's player whispers to the group, "Think we all have it."

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Yeah, there's a ton of lag."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Huge."

(OOC) Ysharra's player whispers to the group, "Same, very laggy."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Bernadette whispers to the group, "Me too."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "I'm used to it...I go to Dreavenings."

Chamorr yells, "Feed da hamsters!"

Goldstr whispers to the group, "Same here bad lag."

Cryheart says, "Gads."

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Still, it's pretty bad."

Juspera exclaims, "Don't lie down!" (people getting affected by that one ability where you get a poison thorn that puts you to sleep)

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Same."

Cruxophim pleasantly notes, "Indiscriminate murder then, excellent."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody lie down!"

Pietra says, "It's not nap time."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Not moving until lag improves."

Pietra exclaims, "It's snack time!"

Speaking to Pukk, Shinann says, "Stop that."

Pietra takes a bite of her browned cookie.

(OOC) Zosopage's player whispers to the group, "They need to reboot the system."

Pukk quietly says, "Well, we lost Laura."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland. You also see a uniformed imperial soldier that appears dead.

Also here: Bernadette, Rasson, Guarrin, Iseo, Katiesa, Sofal, Razanetika, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Zosopage, Pukk, Stormyrain, Lord Lycurgus, Sir Ruffelin, Sir Balantine, Lord Thrassus, Juspera, Sir Geijon, Dame Evia, Grand Lord Gryzzlbok, Xorus, Alasatia, Melikor, Magister Raelee, Lord Chamorr, Ysharra, Maags, Neopuron, Mayor Lylia, Cruxophim, Draught, Laralana, Kassyopia, Death Knight Warclaidh, Event Planner Leafiara, Grand Lord Gnaeusprimus, Pietra, Goldstr, Chaoswynd, Brandilor, Shinann, Elbromo, Sir Cryheart, High Lady Lauranathalasa who is immobilized

(OOC) Warclaidh's player whispers to the group, "Ghezresh is angered, he hath cursed you with a lag disease."

Speaking quietly to Lauranathalasa, Pukk says, "You should know better than to run off." (she'd gone berserk)

Ysharra says, "Hrm."

Cryheart says, "Easy there."

Lauranathalasa says, "Weird."

Elbromo says, "Thought it was something I ate."

Zosopage says, "That's better." (OOC: referring to the lag)

An armored imperial knight just arrived!

[combat]

Lauranathalasa says, "I'm still stuck." (immobilized)

Speaking concernedly to Lauranathalasa, Leafiara agrees, "You do seem troubled tonight." (as she'd shaken off immobility multiple times by berserking but still couldn't move)

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators.

Zulgrim: "Unable to move lost the group."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Thick foliage from the mangrove trees continue to dim existing light in the swamp, making it appear to be perpetually night. Thick peat floats upon the water, creating an undulating walkway for the sure-footed, and threatening a spill into the brackish pools with the smallest misstep.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Laralana disk, the Warclaidh disk, the purple Neopuron disk and the Kassyopia disk.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland. You also see a falchion.

Cryheart says, "Join."

Pietra: "Go eastish?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

Stormyrain says, "We left Lauranathalasa."

Lauranathalasa says, "It's like a poison I think."

Stormyrain squints.

Stormyrain says, "There she is."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Bright moonlight illuminates the dark, thinning swamp, making it a bit more inviting and hospitable, especially for the various creatures that inhabit the murky waters. Spider monkeys skip along the branches of the trees, trying to find a comfortable place to rest for the night.

Pukk: "We are somewhere in the murky molasses."

Cryheart says, "I am going to proceed slowly and with caution."

Zulgrim: "Can't move ooc says "i don't seem to be able to move to do that"."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Along this side of the swamp, darkness gives way to pale blades of moonlight filtering down through the thick green canopy, and through the twisted trees a glimpse of savanna extends to the north. Orchids and heliconia thrive here in abundance, their bright colors intensifying in the silvery rays.

Cryheart says, "Dinnae want to lose anyone."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Rounding a cluster of banana palms, the leaf-strewn peat path skirts a large bog. Mudskipper fish keep it animated as does the infrequent phenomenon of a mottled swamp eel slithering through the muck. Mangrove roots twist in a lacy web as they climb up out of the water in their search for oxygen and other nutrients.

Zosopage: "You immobilized?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Trudging through the swamp, each step sinks deeper into the mushy peat, slurping sickeningly. A greenish mist collects over part of the brackish waters, the low burp of gas bubbles occasionally breaking the relative silence of the setting as they pop open at the surface. You also see a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree.

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

[extended combat]

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Not a bad gig."

Zulgrim: "Ok can move again."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

A curtain of vines rings a tall mangrove tree like a living cage. Inside, snakes and other nocturnal animals rest for the night. The air is oppressive, heavy and damp with moisture that collects upon the glossy green leaves, running off in fat droplets.

Goldstr says, "So fer."

Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Chamorr heartily says, "We get to whack imperials."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Swamp eel and snake meet in confrontation, a battle converging in the dark mire of the swamp. Scarlet macaws cheer noisily, their wings stretched out and heads bobbing up and down as they parade along their overhead perch. With a final stabbing lunge, the snake grasps the eel's head in his mouth and pulls them both under the surface.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore.

Speaking dreamily to Chamorr, Pukk says, "I know right."

Maags exclaims, "They are not all bad!"

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

[combat]

Speaking uncertainly to Maags, Cruxophim ventures, "But it's fine to murder these?"

Juspera asks, "Where's Mnar?"

[combat]

Lylia says, "It is not 'murder' when these are visions."

Cryheart says, "Those who berserk, will give ye a chance to recover."

The voice of Mnar says, "I'm here."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Maags says, "They are onlies a dream."

A robed imperial warmage ambles in.

A robed imperial warmage ambles in.

[combat]

Maags exclaims, "So yes!"

Elbromo asks, "Ye mean 'release?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

Speaking amusedly to Elbromo, Cruxophim states, "Sure, let's go with that."

Ysharra says, "These men and women aren't what they appear."

An armored imperial acolyte ambles in.

[combat]

Leafiara says, "They aren't quite undead either--just imagination, really."

[extended combat]

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators.

Zulgrim says, "What ah beastie."

Shouting erupts in the distance!

Pukk quietly exclaims, "There!"

Cryheart says, "Hmm."

Ysharra asks, "Hear that?"

Leafiara notes, "Shouting in the distance."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Thick foliage from the mangrove trees continue to dim existing light in the swamp, making it appear to be perpetually night. Thick peat floats upon the water, creating an undulating walkway for the sure-footed, and threatening a spill into the brackish pools with the smallest misstep.

Maags exclaims, "Better hurries!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Buttressed trunks of mangrove trees are entwined further with a network of breathing roots emerging from the mire, feeding it much-needed oxygen. Eerie four-eyed anableps peek above the waterline, blinking as they stare curiously. Spotting a small school of water skimmers, they head in that direction, hoping to make the tiny insects into a tasty meal.

The swamp begins to crackle with energy.

Guarrin deeply says, "I'm sure it's a reasonable welcome."

Juspera says, "Um."

Iseo says, "Rut row."

Pukk quietly says, "That's not good."

Iseo says, "Glad I am not wearing metal."

Cruxophim pleasantly purrs, "Oh, nice."

Rasson says, "No lightning flares."

A dark-eyed Faendryl hunter just arrived!

A dark-eyed Faendryl hunter ambles in.

A dark-eyed Faendryl hunter ambles in.

[combat]

Ysharra says, "I love swamps. Such diversity. Never see an environment so rich with ambush predators."

[extended combat]

Elbromo says, "Swamps shouldn't crackle wid anyting."

Cryheart says, "Ok..nae moving for a bit." (as people heal and recover)

A lithe Faendryl warrior just arrived!

[combat]

Geijon says, "Faendryl....no such qualms."

Speaking in Faendryl to herself, Lylia murmurs something you don't understand.

An armored imperial knight ambles in.

An armored imperial knight just arrived!

An armored imperial knight ambles in.

An armored imperial knight ambles in.

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Anyone on the other side hear me? Looking for a way through from lake eonak."

Stormyrain: "Yes, we can hear you."

Pukk quietly says, "Punching imps...couldn't get any better."

Cryheart: "Look for a portal."

Leafiara: "Is the portal gone?"

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "It's easier for me, I think."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Wide, low ferns crowd around dwarfed palms and banana trees, all fighting for existence upon a patch of peated earth. An adventurous spider monkey braves the swamp to reach the ripe yellow fruit growing here in large clusters.

Pukk: "You have to go through the murky molasses."

Speaking to Radeek, Puptilian says, "You must be living it right now. Your favorite past time."

Lylia says, "They are just visions."

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

With an almost unperceivable shift, the ground gives way from firm sand to peaty soil, and the scent of decaying vegetation thickens. Dwarfed palm trees yield to more dominant mangroves with buttressed trunks shading the area with their glossy, dark green, egg-shaped leaves. Brackish pools of water play host to reedy grasses home to amphibious mudskipper fish treading the muck. You also see a shimmering silver portal.

Dergoatean: "Oh, there's one here, I just had to have faith and go through it without seeing it."

Cryheart says, "Ok..we back at the portal."

Ysharra whispers something to Lylia.

Juspera says, "Goat is coming."

Cryheart: "We are at the portal..join us."

Pukk quietly says, "If these are just visions then these are the best visions I could kill."

A robed imperial warmage just arrived.

[combat]

Guarrin deeply asks, "Just need to get this fellow's attention, eh?" (the paragon)

Elbromo: "Just follow the screams."

An armored imperial acolyte just arrived.

[combat]

Elbromo: "Actually it's pretty calm right now."

[extended combat as imperials, Faendryl, snakes, and trolls all attack]

Cryheart says, "Ok..moving northward again."

Cryheart asks, "Ready?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Thick peat rises and falls underfoot like an unstable boardwalk, winding through a puddle-laced swamp thick with orchid-studded mangroves. Scarlet macaws gather in the widespread branches creating a grating cacophony as their peace is disturbed. You also see a wooden arrow.

A huge grey swamp troll ambles in!

A huge grey swamp troll ambles in!

Iseo says, "Oh that is nice."

[combat]

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Mottled swamp eels glide through the water, pausing from time to time to stand up in the water and search for a quick meal. Mudskipper fish, sensing a predator is near, climb up into the tangled mangrove roots thick with algae and moss. Yellowed leaves and the wilted white blossoms of the trees snow down upon the dark pools. You also see a huge grey swamp troll, an armored imperial acolyte and a mossy green bog snake.

[extended combat]

Cryheart says, "I got ye."

Zulgrim says, "Ouch."

Roelaren: "That is good to hear."

Cryheart says, "Bah..he moved again."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

A huge grey swamp troll ambles in!

[combat]

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Leaving the brackish waters of the swamp behind, firmer ground leading off to the north becomes a plain of waving grasses dotted with scrubby live oaks and other small mounds of brush. Off in the distance, stark moonlight reflects upon the white salt remains of a sunken lakebed at the foot of an embracing mountain chain. You also see an insect swarm, a robed imperial warmage, a robed imperial warmage, an armored imperial acolyte, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter and a sharp-eyed imperial scout.

Bernadette softly says, "Ack."

[extended combat]

Berost: "Are we on tha hunt for a paragon?"

Leafiara: "We are!"

A lithe Faendryl warrior just arrived!

A lithe Faendryl warrior ambles in.

A lithe Faendryl warrior ambles in.

A lithe Faendryl warrior ambles in.

[combat]

Berost: "Where we be?"

Speaking deeply to Ruffelin, Guarrin asks, "What have we learned bout zerking in battle?"

[combat]

Goldstr exclaims, "Ack!"

A gnarled arm quickly snatches at Mnar, dragging him down before retreating into the muck!

Mnar joins Cryheart's group.

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera asks, "What are you doing?"

Mnar says, "Nothing."

A lithe Faendryl warrior ambles in.

[combat]

Speaking to Juspera, Stormyrain says, "He was rolling around on the ground."

Speaking to Mnar, Ysharra asks, "How much cognac did you have?"

Evia says, "Yes he does."

An armored imperial acolyte just arrived!

[combat]

Iseo says, "I love pretending to be a sorc with those grasp of the whatever." (using an imbed to cast it, I believe)

Speaking to Ysharra, Mnar says, "Just enough."

Through the murk of the bog and dense trees, imperial soldiers and Faendryl warriors engage in conflict, their cries and battle clangs rising in the distance!

Speaking to Mnar, Ysharra says, "Mhm."

Thrassus says, "I suppose we need to plunge right into the middle of that."

Chamorr heartily says, "Let's just watch."

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

[very extended combat]

Roelaren: "Probably just the carrot."

[extended combat]

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera says, "Cover me."

Speaking lightly to Ruffelin, Leafiara says, "At the risk of taking Pukk's job, join Cryheart." (as he was getting pulled down by Grasp)

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Juspera says, "I'm not going to do anything. Just stand there."

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "What'd I miss??"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I'm taller than he is."

A robed imperial wizard just arrived!

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Just this."

[extended combat]

Elbromo says, "That."

[extended combat]

Pietra whispers to the group, "Wandering around killing ghost imperials and faendryls."

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Weapon fire."

A blast of stone fragments leaps from a dark oak-hafted waraxe in Stormyrain's leather harness.

... 19 points of damage!

Strong blow to left arm breaks it!

She is stunned!

[combat]

Cryheart asks, "Weapon fire?"

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Or at least something that looks exactly like weapon fire."

[extended combat]

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera says, "You're doing a good job."

Juspera says, "I'm still alive."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Don't jinx us."

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean asks something you don't understand.

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean asks something you don't understand.

[combat]

Leafiara whispers something to Pukk.

Speaking slowly to Juspera, Goblyn offers, "We can be fixing this."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland. You also see a wooden shield, the Dergoatean disk, a lithe Faendryl warrior that appears dead, a wooden arrow, a wooden arrow and a falchion.

Juspera quickly exclaims, "No, no!"

An armored imperial knight just arrived.

Lylia says, "They are visions. We can speak politely. We can shout ourselves hoarse. It cannot matter until we reach the source of the visions and..."

Ysharra says, "I'm open to suggestion."

Pietra says, "Well."

[extended combat]

Cryheart asks, "All standing?"

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Speaking to Thrassus, Juspera asks, "Why'd you collapse?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a robed imperial warmage, a lithe Faendryl warrior, a seasoned imperial archer, a lithe Faendryl warrior and a lithe Faendryl warrior.

Zosopage says, "One is stuck."

[extended combat]

Bernadette softly says, "Ack."

Guarrin deeply says, "Gah."

Evia says, "Ack."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera exclaims, "Don't bite me!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones. You also see an armored imperial knight, an armored imperial knight, a uniformed imperial soldier, a seasoned imperial archer, a seasoned imperial archer, a lithe Faendryl warrior, a lithe Faendryl warrior and a lithe Faendryl warrior.

[extended combat]

Ysharra asks, "See?"

The ghostly voice of Ruffelin says, "Argh."

Cryheart yells, "We just to the east of ye!"

The ghostly voice of Ruffelin says, "Sheesh."

Cryheart says, "I would advise ye all to not berserk perhaps."

Ysharra says, "I'm all right."

The ghostly voice of Ruffelin says, "Aye, tried ta berserk out o' a stun."

Goldstr says, "Jess a scratch."

Pukk quietly says, "Thought it had money." (picked up a looted purse)

Speaking to Pukk, Kassyopia exclaims, "My purse!"

Ysharra asks, "Is Juspera being cared for, Thrassus?"

Pukk quietly says, "You can have it...it's empty."

Thrassus says, "Goblyn is taking care of her."

Stormyrain says, "Goblyn has her."

Zosopage says, "Goblyn is with her."

Lauranathalasa asks, "Won't Goblyn eat her?"

Geijon says, "Mix of things around us."

Stormyrain says, "..maybe a bite or two."

Cryheart yells, "We are still just east of ye!"

Speaking musingly to Lauranathalasa, Leafiara says, "I guess that's up to her."

Speaking to Lauranathalasa, Leafiara adds, "Both 'her's."

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "We're just west of you!!"

Pukk yells, "Sure you are!"

Cryheart rubs Juspera.

Speaking to Cryheart, Juspera says, "Do that again."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "I wasn't kidding, hm?"

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera asks, "About what?"

Speaking cheerfully to Cruxophim, Goblyn shouts, "More!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see the Dergoatean disk, a lithe Faendryl warrior, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter, a lithe Faendryl warrior, a lithe Faendryl warrior, a uniformed imperial soldier, a rune staff, a morning star and a wooden shield.

[combat]

Cryheart asks, "All set?"

Razanetika softly asks, "Anyone seen Sofal?"

Dergoatean says, "Found a great big batch of em."

Scarswyrth says, "I did back a little ways."

Speaking to Juspera, Goblyn notes, "You did look very nice while you were in the death, Juspera."

Scarswyrth says, "He was alive."

Razanetika softly says, "He's dead now."

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

[combat]

Dergoatean says, "Keep moving and we'll surely see em soon."

[combat]

Radeek mutters, "Dis place be hard on arrows....runnin low."

Dergoatean says, "So many uninformed soldiers."

Speaking to herself, Juspera mouths, "While I was in the death..."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Swamp eel and snake meet in confrontation, a battle converging in the dark mire of the swamp. Scarlet macaws cheer noisily, their wings stretched out and heads bobbing up and down as they parade along their overhead perch. With a final stabbing lunge, the snake grasps the eel's head in his mouth and pulls them both under the surface. You also see an armored imperial knight and an armored imperial knight.

[combat]

Thrassus says, "Well there is a war on in here."

[extended combat]


Into Talador

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Scarswyrth!

(and everyone else)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Talador, Battlefield]

The field is vast, stretching out for miles and miles of blemished and broken lands. Patches of wild grass and thin saplings struggle up from the ground, trying to flourish in the ground once soaked in blood. You also see a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender and a burly dwarven defender.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Bernadette suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone else)

[combat with dwarves, ghouls, and orcs]

Ysharra says, "Hrm."

[combat]

Leafiara eagerly exclaims, "I knew it!" (referring to when she asked about the possibility of two paragons at once)

[combat]

Leafiara exclaims, "Double the paragons!"

[combat]

Evia asks, "Whut!?"

[combat]

Dergoatean asks, "I just got teleported back to the group. Something doesn't want scouts, perhaps?"

Cryheart says, "Here they be."

Leafiara adds, "Or at least double the wars. Either way!"

Berost deeply says, "Bah they be dwarves."

Cryheart: "Both are with us now."

Dergoatean says, "Keep up ahead."

Ysharra says, "Looks like we've changed wars."

Cryheart says, "We stand our ground."

Roelaren: "Good good."

Leafiara casually reminds, "They're all just imaginary illusions, ya gotta remember."

A brutish orc ravager ambles in.

[extended combat, dwarven dreadnaughts join in]

Juspera says, "Yikes."

[extended combat]

Geijon says, "Dreadnaughts.."

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "Some of these make reasonable animates!"

A short dark orc necromancer ambles in.

[extended combat]

Goblyn amusedly asks, "All animates are reasonable, yes?"

[extended combat]

Lylia says, "I do not have the opportunity to look at the corpses."

[very extended combat]

Guarrin deeply asks, "Orcs?"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Juspera asks, "Are you not in the group?"

A shambling pale grey ghoul just arrived.

[combat]

A loud warhorn blasts in the distance as a host of dwarven soldiers flood out of Doggoroth Keep in the distance, clashing with a horde of orcs and ghouls on the battlefield!

Guarrin deeply says, "Odd."

Ysharra says, "Such pleasant music."

Ysharra asks, "I'm sure that means we're almost done, right?"

Dergoatean recites:

"For the record, near every location west of here is very much overrun"

Speaking pleasedly to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "Don't I -know- it..." (OOC: missed the context of the warhorn, so Leafi was talking about her version of 309 spell, which kills with music)

Leafiara adds, "On the music part, that is."

Maags says, "Cannot."

(OOC) Bristenn's player whispers to the group, "Quick OOC tip: ALT-L to turn your Stormfront XML links off and ease your scroll-lag a bit."

Zosopage says, "Cloud northwest."

Zosopage says, "Gone now."

(OOC) Lylia's player whispers to the group, "Thank you!"

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Nice tip!"

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "Thanks!"

Speaking to a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, Juspera exclaims, "Goood girl!"

Cryheart says, "More northeast."

Berost deeply says, "Nae going to fight me kin."

(OOC) Ysharra's player whispers to the group, "Or use Wizard so you can see. A little."

Iseo whispers to the group, "Should I be saying thank you cause if so. consider it said."

Speaking to Berost, Thrassus says, "They are just images."

The ghostly voice of Scarswyrth asks, "How do I get out of here once I'm up?"

(OOC) Guarrin's player whispers to the group, "Or use Avalon, and suffer properly."

The ghostly voice of Scarswyrth says, "I don't want to be anywhere near this anymore. I can't fight any of these things."

Iseo grunts.

Berost deeply says, "Images. Whispers. Souls."

Speaking helpfully to Scarswyrth, Leafiara offers, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained?"

Berost deeply says, "Kin is kin."

Iseo exclaims, "Oh! My.. I think I just did an excellent Grunt!"

A shambling pale grey ghoul just arrived.

Speaking to Scarswyrth, Juspera says, "I'm not sure you can get out easily, if the area is overrun."

[mild combat]

Cryheart says, "Keep is northwest."

Goblyn yells, "Surrounded!"

Geijon says, "Let's take stock of what is going on."

Elbromo says, "Sorry so slow."

Cryheart says, "Errr northeast."

A shambling pale grey ghoul just arrived.

Scarswyrth asks, "Ok how do I leave?"

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Moving to the keep."

Cryheart asks, "All ready?"

Speaking to Scarswyrth, Leafiara says, "Go whichever way Sir Cryheart doesn't."


Siege

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[The Keep Road]

The trail ends and opens up before a stout keep with ancient stone walls and battered rock parapets. Above the keep a large dwarven banner flaps against the wind. You also see a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a wooden arrow, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender, a tower shield, a bastard sword, a burly dwarven defender, a burly dwarven defender and a burly dwarven defender that is sitting.

[combat]

Guarrin deeply asks, "Wait. Why are there orcs and dwarves here. Is this the battle with Faedryl and the Imperials or not?"

[combat]

Iseo exclaims, "Oh fun! Animateds!"

[extended combat]

Geijon says, "This must be th' dwarf."

Nothing happens.

Cryheart says, "Darn."

Cruxophim contentedly purrs, "Mmm, dwarves."

The ghostly voice of Scarswyrth says, "This is stupid."

Speaking to Guarrin, Leafiara explains, "I believe this is the combined world of two paragons, or maybe we crossed a boundary that linked them..."

Ysharra asks, "Why are we assuming it's a dwarf?"

Elbromo says, "Dead dwarves..sheesh."

Lylia says, "We are, I think, seeing conflicting images. Confused. Both Paragons, perhaps."

A burly dwarven defender just arrived!

Cryheart asks, "Someone drag him to the portal?"

[combat]

Mnar says, "That sounds dangerous."

Cryheart says, "Just be careful."

Speaking to Leafiara, Geijon says, "That would be a boon if it was and we can survive."

Juspera asks, "Can he be animated and brought to the portal that way, and raised there so he can go out?"

[combat]

Speaking deeply to Leafiara, Guarrin asks, "Two paragons would need to be present for that, right?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Geijon says, "That would be a boon if it was and we can survive." (presumably repeated because of the combat interruption)

Speaking adamantly to Geijon, Leafiara says, "I completely agree."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Dergoatean asks something you don't understand.

Elbromo asks, "Where's da portal?"

Speaking agreeably to Guarrin, Leafiara says, "I'm hopin', anyway."

Geijon says, "We've moved when I died."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Goblyn took em."

Cryheart says, "Portal is westerly."

Geijon says, "When I died the world shifted to th' dwarves."

Iseo exclaims, "I love these animated thingees!"

Dergoatean says, "And this one has a claidhmore."

Elbromo says, "Ah precise directions.."

Geijon says, "Coincidence."

Geijon says, "I don't usually die."

Iseo says, "In my next life I am going to be a sorc."

Speaking quietly to a bastard sword, Pukk says, "You bastard."

Speaking to Cryheart, Geijon says, "I didn't even berserk away."

Speaking to a stout stone keep, Leafiara announces, "We're here and we're sieging!"

Leafiara adds, "...probably."

A burly dwarven defender just arrived!

[combat]

Shouts of war and metal clanging echo in the battlefield beyond the keep.

A shambling pale grey ghoul just arrived.

[combat]

Dergoatean exclaims, "We're too late! It's closed!"

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

[combat]

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Ysharra says, "I don't think we have to worry about Goblyn." (she died)

Speaking to Dergoatean, Pietra says, "It's because we were waiting for you."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Ysharra says, "That woman is singularly talented."

Geijon says, "I'm recovered enough."

Bristenn bashes the stone keep with his hand-and-a-half sword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Pietra mutters something about dressing.

Elbromo asks, "Did we ever?"

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Speaking to Pietra, Dergoatean says, "I have to be just so, you know that."

Speaking amusedly to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "I think she's more multitalented myself."

Iseo says, "I hope someone notices I am casting grasp of the grave. I am impressing myself if no one else."

Shinann says, "I sure do not."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Warclaidh lunges forth and ambushes an unsuspecting stone keep mercilessly but to little effect.

Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "Literalist."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Cryheart: "Careful coming back to us."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

A burly dwarven defender ambles in.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

[combat]

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Bristenn blandly observes, "Well, it seems we could bring the great fortress of Doggoroth down."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Leafiara gestures at a stout stone keep.

Leafiara launches a flare at a stout stone keep!

The stone keep grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara gestures at a stout stone keep.

Leafiara launches a flare at a stout stone keep!

The stone keep grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Juspera abruptly kicks at a stout stone keep!

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

A shambling pale grey ghoul just arrived.

[combat]

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Speaking lightly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "The imaginary one at least."

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara gestures at a stout stone keep.

Leafiara launches a flare at a stout stone keep!

The stone keep grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara gestures at a stout stone keep.

Leafiara launches a flare at a stout stone keep!

The stone keep grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Bristenn loudly sighs, "Rather."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Cryheart says, "A lot of familiars to the southwest."

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia channels at a stout stone keep.

A dull grey beam snakes out toward a stout stone keep, but dissipates upon impact.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Speaking mildly to Leafiara, Katiesa says, "Stone."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Ruffelin bashes the stone keep with his golvern adze.

Pukk quietly says, "Next thing you know, it will be a horde of halflings attacking us."

Bristenn bitterly complains, "Closest I'll get to laying proper siege to something this year, I suppose."

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Cryheart bashes the stone keep with his vultite greataxe.

Chamorr bashes the stone keep with his glaes broadsword.

Lauranathalasa bashes the stone keep with her bastard sword.

Juspera abruptly kicks at a stout stone keep!

Ruffelin bashes the stone keep with his golvern adze.

Juspera abruptly kicks at a stout stone keep!

Melikor knocks on a stout stone keep.

Geijon bashes the stone keep with his rune-scribed maul.

Cryheart asks, "Bash the keep?"

[insert hundreds of lines of people bashing, casting at, and kicking the keep]

Iseo says, "Maybe cast those boulder things from some wizard."

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra says, "Kneel, then."

Speaking earnestly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "Oh, I'll take what I can get for sure."

Speaking to Bristenn, Ysharra asks, "You had some goals?"

A burly dwarven defender ambles in.

Bristenn agrees, "Verily."

[combat and more bashing]

Goldstr exclaims, "Sheesh!"

Cryheart says, "We need a trebuchet."

Speaking deeply to Geijon, Guarrin says, "I told you we should have brought a battering ram."

Geijon asks, "Animate all th' dwarves?"

Bristenn grumpily complains, "And dwarves build them right sturdy. Even imaginary ones."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Pukk knocks on a stout stone keep.

Pukk quietly says, "Let us in."


Berost yells, "Let a dwarf in ya daft defenders!"

Dergoatean says, "Don't try to bash the keep; that's impossible. Instead realize the truth: there is no keep."

Radeek says, "Knock knock."

Pukk yells, "We has cake!"


Back to the Wastes

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Dergoatean!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a morning star.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Evia suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Iseo says, "Guessing Bone shatter wouldn't work on that wall."

Cryheart says, "Oof."

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Hm."

Pukk quietly says, "Aha, it was the cake that did it."

Iseo says, "What the heck was that."

Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Juspera says, "Brilliant."

Guarrin deeply says, "Ah."

Ysharra says, "The compass is pulling us."

Leafiara thoughtfully speculates, "...the imaginary realms are unstable, maybe."

An armored imperial knight just arrived.

Speaking agreeably to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "Or that."

[extended combat]

Shinann says, "What happened to Pylasar is happening to us and if that has been said, I missed it."

Cryheart says, "Well."

Speaking curiously to Shinann, Leafiara asks, "What do you mean?"

[combat]

Speaking to Shinann, Pietra says, "Hasn't been a lot of meaningful conversation amidst all this."

Goldstr says, "Worries me attackin Emperial Knights."

Pukk quietly says, "We are back in the molasses."

A robed imperial warmage ambles in.

A robed imperial warmage just arrived!

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara clarifies, "You think these are... the same types of traps Pylasar experienced?"

[combat]

Geijon says, "So we're back to th' human."

[combat]

Lylia says, "Hard to find the time to breathe, let alone speak."

Geijon says, "So we're back to th' human paragon."

[combat]

Geijon says, "We're not losing our minds."

Cryheart says, "Seems so."

[combat]

Speaking deeply to Goldstr, Guarrin says, "Not real...part of the paragon's creation."

Geijon says, "We need to find th' road as you will."

Cryheart says, "We were at the keep."

Cryheart says, "This place is circular."

Geijon says, "Th' memories are blurring in this realm."

Geijon says, "It's chaotic."

Pukk just handed Goldstr some coins.

Pukk quietly says, "Here, you can have this."

Some scarlet red lights form in the distance of the swamp as archaic Faendryl chanting can be heard.

Ysharra says, "I have to wonder if there's a reason we're being diverted between the two."

Juspera says, "Uh."

Lylia suggests, "Keep to the hillocks, and do not trust what looks like solid soil."

Geijon says, "Stop that."

Bristenn slowly observes, ".. demons."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

(Leafi and Raza get left behind as she just raised her)

Speaking musingly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "Well, at least we're safe here, probably. They're going after the main group."

Razanetika softly says, "Ruh roh."

Leafiara exclaims, "See ya there!"

>nw

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones. You also see the Zulgrim disk, the purple Neopuron disk and an animated burly dwarven defender.

A robed imperial warmage just arrived.

[combat]

Geijon asks, "What do we know of this era?"

Lylia admits, "I know little enough of it myself."

Geijon says, "We should have done a primer to be prepared."

Speaking thoughtfully to Xorus, Leafiara says, "I bet you know."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Pukk quietly says, "Xorus knows everything."

Xorus says, "The Faendryl ended the northern aggression with a wave of demons from eight score summoners."

Bristenn clearly remarks, "This is where the Faendryl forces conjured a flight of demons and loosed them upon the imperial forces."

Cryheart says, "Oops."

Screams begin to erupt in the distance from the imperials, their throats erupting in gutteral cries as greenish-black fires can be seen sweeping across parts of the swamp and pillars of fire grow out of thin air and begin to take shape....

Cryheart says, "Northeast we go."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Juspera says, "I'm uh..."

Speaking musingly to Xorus, Leafiara says, "Oh, this night just keeps getting more intense then."

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

Guarrin deeply says, "Wonderful."

[combat]

A lithe black abyran'ra arrives, hissing a sibilant warning!

[combat]

A gigantic murky oculoth hovers in, its central eye rolling back and forth.

[combat]

Cruxophim fondly purrs, "Mmmm, demon blood."

Cryheart says, "Demons."

Cryheart says, "We move east."

Geijon says, "Nothing new."

Iseo asks, "Breakfast of Champions Crux?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Along this side of the swamp, darkness gives way to pale blades of moonlight filtering down through the thick green canopy, and through the twisted trees a glimpse of savanna extends to the north. Orchids and heliconia thrive here in abundance, their bright colors intensifying in the silvery rays. You also see a slender blue wand and a claidhmore.

Ysharra says, "The demons always come when the battle's been at its most desparate."

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "A friend will bail you out of the constable's office, a really good friend will help you dissect the body."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Rounding a cluster of banana palms, the leaf-strewn peat path skirts a large bog. Mudskipper fish keep it animated as does the infrequent phenomenon of a mottled swamp eel slithering through the muck. Mangrove roots twist in a lacy web as they climb up out of the water in their search for oxygen and other nutrients.

Dergoatean says, "Warclaidh and I did some scouting. Nothing noteworthy."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Trudging through the swamp, each step sinks deeper into the mushy peat, slurping sickeningly. A greenish mist collects over part of the brackish waters, the low burp of gas bubbles occasionally breaking the relative silence of the setting as they pop open at the surface. You also see a large shield, a morning star and a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree.

Dergoatean exclaims, "Well, lots noteworthy. But nothing you haven't all already seen!"

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Goblyn says, "Or they will be making tears in the places from one plane to another..."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

A curtain of vines rings a tall mangrove tree like a living cage. Inside, snakes and other nocturnal animals rest for the night. The air is oppressive, heavy and damp with moisture that collects upon the glossy green leaves, running off in fat droplets.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Swamp eel and snake meet in confrontation, a battle converging in the dark mire of the swamp. Scarlet macaws cheer noisily, their wings stretched out and heads bobbing up and down as they parade along their overhead perch. With a final stabbing lunge, the snake grasps the eel's head in his mouth and pulls them both under the surface. You also see a morning star.

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "That sounds good too."

Iseo says, "I need better glasses."

Speaking to Pukk, Ysharra says, "She doesn't normally need an excuse or a bribe to get a body for testing."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

A dark-eyed Faendryl hunter ambles in.

[very extended combat with Faendryl and demons]

Cryheart says, "Good shot."

Dergoatean exclaims, "I got one!"

[combat]

A black-winged blood red vathor gestures into the air.

A wave of crimson ethereal ripples moves outward from a black-winged blood red vathor.

(most everyone gets wrecked, but below are just the deaths)

Razanetika is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 70 points of damage!

Flame burns through Razanetika's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.

Razanetika drops dead at your feet!

Sofal is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 65 points of damage!

Back burnt to the bone. Smoke curls up from what's left of Sofal.

Sofal drops dead at your feet!

Draught is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 75 points of damage!

Flame burns through Draught's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.

Draught drops dead at your feet!

Thrassus is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 50 points of damage!

Neck completely incinerated; Thrassus's head drops to the ground and rolls to your feet!

Thrassus drops dead at your feet!

Berost is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 38 points of damage!

Neck completely incinerated; Berost's head drops to the ground and rolls to your feet!

Berost drops dead at your feet!

Brandilor is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 50 points of damage!

Neck completely incinerated; Brandilor's head drops to the ground and rolls to your feet!

Brandilor drops dead at your feet!

Gnaeusprimus is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 40 points of damage!

Flame engulfs foe's left eye, setting it ablaze. Mercifully, death follows quickly.

Gnaeusprimus drops dead at your feet!

Rasson is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 70 points of damage!

Fire completely surrounds Rasson. Blood boils and heart stops.

Rasson drops dead at your feet!

Lycurgus is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

... 65 points of damage!

Flame burns through Lycurgus's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.

Lycurgus drops dead at your feet!

[extended combat as those surviving keep fighting]

A dark-robed Faendryl summoner gestures at Zulgrim!

A wave of crimson ethereal ripples moves outward from a dark-robed Faendryl summoner.

(most everyone gets wrecked, but below are just the deaths)

Mnar is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 60 points of damage!

Intestines rupture from intense heat; Mnar dies a slow, painful death.

Mnar drops dead at your feet!

Juspera is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 60 points of damage!

Flame burns through Juspera's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.

Juspera drops dead at your feet!

Zulgrim is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 70 points of damage!

Back burnt to the bone. Smoke curls up from what's left of Zulgrim.

Zulgrim drops dead at your feet!

Lylia is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 46 points of damage!

Flame engulfs back: Lylia flambe!

Lylia drops dead at your feet!

Gryzzlbok is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 69 points of damage!

Fire completely surrounds Gryzzlbok. Blood boils and heart stops.

Gryzzlbok drops dead at your feet!

Bernadette is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 50 points of damage!

Head explodes, splattering sizzling bits of flesh and bone everywhere.

Bernadette drops dead at your feet!

Pukk is buffeted by the crimson ethereal waves.

... 59 points of damage!

Intestines rupture from intense heat; Pukk dies a slow, painful death.

Pukk drops dead at your feet!

[combat]

A dark-robed Faendryl summoner gestures at Geijon!

A void rips open in the area, directly above Geijon!

Geijon is sucked into the void!

Rather abrupt decompression causes Geijon to explode!

Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.

Quite severely dead.

Geijon has been vaporized!

[combat]

A dark-robed Faendryl summoner gestures at Evia!

A void rips open in the area, directly above Evia!

Evia is sucked into the void!

Rather abrupt decompression causes Evia to explode!

Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.

Quite severely dead.

Evia has been vaporized!

A black-winged blood red vathor raises its huge foot and brings it down sharply, sending forth a ring of blazing blue fire rippling outwards!

A burning ripple of intense blue flames moves outward from a black-winged blood red vathor.

(more pain, but below are just the deaths)

Elbromo is buffeted by the intense blue flaming ripples.

... 50 points of damage!

Neck completely incinerated; Elbromo's head drops to the ground and rolls to your feet!

Elbromo drops dead at your feet!

Shinann is buffeted by the intense blue flaming ripples.

... 55 points of damage!

Head explodes, splattering sizzling bits of flesh and bone everywhere.

Shinann drops dead at your feet!

Balley is buffeted by the intense blue flaming ripples.

... 64 points of damage!

Back burnt to the bone. Smoke curls up from what's left of Balley.

Balley drops dead at your feet!

Ruffelin is buffeted by the intense blue flaming ripples.

... 32 points of damage!

Neck consumed in flame and charred to a crisp.

Ruffelin drops dead at your feet!

Goldstr is buffeted by the intense blue flaming ripples.

An embossed spiked vaalorn greathelm partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.

... 30 points of damage!

Head explodes in flames! Grab some marshmallows.

Goldstr drops dead at your feet!

[combat from what's left of the crew]

The ghostly voice of Elbromo says, "Hmm."

The ghostly voice of Balley softly says, "I knew I would die."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Balley softly says, "I always do."

[combat]

Maags says, "Uh."

[combat]

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones. You also see a small shield, an oozing green kraken tentacle, a pair of desiccated arms, a slick black kraken tentacle with onyx talons, a pair of decayed arms, a pair of bloated arms, some slick black kraken tentacles with onyx talons, a lithe Faendryl warrior that appears dead, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a rune staff, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner that is lying down, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner that is lying down, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner that is lying down, a handaxe, a wooden arrow, a small shield, a handaxe, a handaxe, a small shield, a rune staff, a rune staff, a handaxe, the purple Neopuron disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Dergoatean disk and the Warclaidh disk.

Also here: Zosopage, Death Knight Warclaidh, Dergoatean, Miss Goblyn, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, Cruxophim, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of Mnar who is lying down, the body of Juspera who is lying down, the body of Draught who is lying down, the body of Lord Thrassus who is lying down, Sir Bristenn, the body of Berost who is lying down, Yakushi, the body of Zulgrim who is lying down, Ysharra, Radeek, a webbed High Lady Lauranathalasa, Xorus, Puptilian, the body of Elbromo who is lying down, the body of Brandilor who is lying down, Chaoswynd, Pietra, the body of Grand Lord Gnaeusprimus who is lying down, Neopuron, Maags, Lord Chamorr, Magister Raelee, Melikor, Alasatia, the body of Grand Lord Gryzzlbok who is lying down, the body of Bernadette who is lying down, the body of Rasson who is lying down, the body of Guarrin who is lying down, Event Planner Leafiara, a stunned Iseo, Katiesa, the body of Gypsy Scribe Balley who is lying down, the body of Pukk who is lying down, the body of Lord Lycurgus who is lying down, a webbed Sir Balantine, the body of Sir Ruffelin who is lying down, the body of Goldstr who is lying down, Sir Cryheart

[combat]

Dergoatean exclaims, "That's two!" (vathors he delt the killing blow to)

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera exclaims, "Go go go! Get them!"

[combat]

Speaking eagerly to Juspera, Leafiara exclaims, "On it!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Goldstr says, "Wow."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly exclaims, "Let the bodies hit the floor!"

Cryheart says, "Ouch."

The ghostly voice of Zulgrim says, "Whoa."

Speaking to Goblyn, Dergoatean asks, "You wanna take this one?" (raising the room of deaders)

Leafiara musingly says, "Let's see here..."

The ghostly voice of Gryzzlbok says, "Ouch."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Goblyn says, "There are... many."

Cryheart says, "Ok..we need to recover afore we move."

Speaking to Goblyn, Dergoatean says, "I've seen you raise more."

Speaking to Thrassus, Ysharra says, "Sorry, my friend."

Pietra asks, "Arms for pie, anyone?"

Shadows leap from the surroundings, engulfing Razanetika's body!

(and everyone else dead, returning them to TSC)

Elbromo asks, "They back ?"

Leafiara musingly says, "Onward then..."

Cryheart says, "Thank ye."

Lylia simply says, "I have no time for death in visions." (likely departed in TSC and came back)

Cryheart says, "We lost a few."

[triage]

Speaking musingly to Elbromo, Leafiara notes, "You made a sanct by raising yourself..." (as imperial knights had wandered in but we couldn't fight them)

[combat]

Leafiara approvingly says, "Ah, there we go." (as the sanct had cleared)

[combat]

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Don't gotta attack Fred, he's my animate."

Speaking sheepishly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Sorry. Sometimes my magic does what it does without me." (OOC, translation: 335 treats animates as valid targets)

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "It's okay, he's the fourth Fred tonight."

Cryheart asks, "Everyone ok?"

Maags says, "Everybodies who is left seems alright."

A voice echoes from all around, "Bleed the elves of darkness, or bring them to be purified and transformed! We will win and return with honor and legacy!"

Maags says, "Not manies left."

Dergoatean says, "Oh dear."

Elbromo asks, "Where's da portal?"

Cruxophim wryly remarks, "Rude."

Xorus says, "Delusions of grandeur."

Bristenn neutrally mentions, "We didn't entirely think this through, to be fair."

Ysharra says, "Yeah, that's not going to work out for you."

Dergoatean says, "Someone yelled that once and thought he was actually one of the good guys."

Lylia hisses, "Visions."

Dergoatean says, "Somehow."

Leafiara mildly says, "Not quite how history went, but let's just move on with it."

Speaking to Bristenn, Maags says, "We seemed rushed."

Speaking to Bristenn, Ysharra asks, "What would you have done?"

Cryheart says, "We hae an Oculoth on the loose I think."

Maags exclaims, "Thrayzar wasted no time!"

Cryheart asks, "We ready to resume?"

Speaking mildly to Cryheart, Katiesa says, "Went that way, yes."

Bristenn slowly offers, "..not be drawn in by the duplicity that began this war."

Speaking musingly to Bristenn, Leafiara agrees, "Attacks on home territory are always quite a bit harder than defending one's own... at least that's how this seems."

Dergoatean says, "Oculoth notheast, by the way."

Elbromo asks, "Portal westerly?"

Dergoatean says, "I'm heading in."

Iseo says, "I must be dimwitted. More than usual. I have seen or felt a thing."

Speaking surprisedly to Bristenn, Leafiara says, "Oh, even better point."

Lylia says, "Do not implode an oculoth, by the way."

Cryheart asks, "Ok..we ready?"

Ysharra says, "...I wonder how true that might be for most of them."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Bright moonlight illuminates the dark, thinning swamp, making it a bit more inviting and hospitable, especially for the various creatures that inhabit the murky waters. Spider monkeys skip along the branches of the trees, trying to find a comfortable place to rest for the night. You also see a morning star, a wooden shield and a morning star.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Along this side of the swamp, darkness gives way to pale blades of moonlight filtering down through the thick green canopy, and through the twisted trees a glimpse of savanna extends to the north. Orchids and heliconia thrive here in abundance, their bright colors intensifying in the silvery rays.

Cryheart says, "Oculoth is northeast."

[Goat sends a Symbol of Need for the oculoth]

Cryheart asks, "Ye all ready?"

Ysharra says, "No."

[Voln - Dergoatean] "Nevermind. It's dead."

Ysharra says, "Go ahead."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Rounding a cluster of banana palms, the leaf-strewn peat path skirts a large bog. Mudskipper fish keep it animated as does the infrequent phenomenon of a mottled swamp eel slithering through the muck. Mangrove roots twist in a lacy web as they climb up out of the water in their search for oxygen and other nutrients. You also see the Dergoatean disk and an animated armored imperial knight.

Dergoatean says, "All gone."

[Voln - Leafiara] "Never doubted ya!"

Cryheart asks, "Where did it go?"

Dergoatean says, "Poof."

Cryheart asks, "Ye kill it?"

Lylia tersely says, "Dead."

Cryheart says, "Ok."

Ysharra says, "It heard you coming."

Katiesa mildly says, "Sometimes ambling along pays off."

A voice echoes from all around "Bring those of tainted blood before us! Let not all end in death but rebirth! Restoration!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I'm up to two vathors and an oculoth. Pretty good night so far."

Cryheart says, "Errrr."

Cryheart says, "Nae moving."

Radeek says, "Uh oh."

Speaking approvingly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Nice work."

Cruxophim silkily threatens, "Come and get it."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I think when they say 'tainted blood' they're talking about you."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "Some of the greatest figures of history started off being called abominations."

Dergoatean says, "I look forward to seeing them try."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "You know this."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia mutters something you don't understand.

Lylia says, "I am well aware."

A uniformed imperial soldier ambles in.

[combat]

Speaking to Ysharra, Radeek asks, "Folks used ta calls me a animal...dat count?"

[combat]

Speaking to Radeek, Ysharra says, "I've heard a few variants on that myself."

Arianiss asks, "So what are you all doing?" (he just arrived)


Back to Talador

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Arianiss!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Talador, Battlefield]

The field is vast, stretching out for miles and miles of blemished and broken lands. Patches of wild grass and thin saplings struggle up from the ground, trying to flourish in the ground once soaked in blood. You also see a black-tipped twilight grey wolf, a forest wolf, a roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a thick-bodied smoky coppery abyran'sa, a vacillating glacier spirit that is flying around and a volatile aurora spirit that is flying around.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Cruxophim suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Speaking amicably to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "Slaughterin'."

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Talador!"

Katiesa surprisedly murmurs, "Oh! Someone took my bandages off my chest and I missed it?"

Iseo says, "Well, Tea in a bit. Cards right now."

Cryheart says, "We be at the battlefield."

[combat]

Cryheart: "Ok..we are at the battlefield."

[combat]

Arianiss says, "I mean are we just standing here killing stuff.. has everywhere been explored? I found a path I couldn't go down..."

[extended combat]

Arianiss says, "I mean are we just standing here killing stuff.. has everywhere been explored? I found a path I couldn't go down..."

Lylia asks, "And where is that path now? Talador? The Southron Wastes?"

Speaking to Arianiss, Dergoatean says, "I looked around a bunch."

Speaking to Arianiss, Dergoatean says, "But this is a new place."

Arianiss says, "Southron Wastes."

Cryheart says, "Maags."

Cryheart points at an iced blueberry muffin.

Maags says, "Hm."

Maags picks up an iced blueberry muffin.

Speaking bemusedly to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "Meanwhile, the thing -you- need to do is join Cryheart." (as he was getting pulled down by Grasp of the Grave arms)

A short dark orc necromancer ambles in.

[combat]

Lylia says, "Well, then. Should we find a way back there, without being pulled hither and thither --"

Cryheart says, "Oof."

Arianiss says, "I'm fine."

[very extended combat]

Iseo says, "Hmmph."

Iseo says, "I need to go to a Crux class so I can do stuff faster."

Iseo exclaims, "Teach me Oh Lord of Swifty stuff!"

Dwarven wardrums beat in the distance, echoing from the depths of Doggoroth Keep!

A muscular dwarven dreadnaught just arrived!

[combat]

Arianiss asks, "So was Lylia being sarcastic or does no one know about the path?"

Iseo says, "You are a scary woman Mayoress."

Speaking to Arianiss, Pietra says, "I don't think there was a lot of careful looking around."

Cruxophim absently ventures, "Which path?"

Dergoatean says, "Nothing of note northwest."

Dergoatean says, "Try northeast."

Speaking to Iseo, Lylia says, "Thank you."

Chamorr heartily says, "Where is the keep."

Iseo says, "Most welcome."

Cryheart says, "Keep."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[The Keep Road]

The trail ends and opens up before a stout keep with ancient stone walls and battered rock parapets. Above the keep a large dwarven banner flaps against the wind. You also see a white opal and a moldy ginger cupcake.

Dergoatean says, "Keep northeast."

Cryheart says, "Here."

Geijon says, "Form."

Geijon says, "Cryheart."

Geijon says, "Reinforcements."

Geijon says, "I brought 5 or 6."

A deep voice echoes in the distance, "Your army of patchwork enemies will meet defeat! So bloody help me you damned orcs and your zombies and ugly misfits! We'll grind ye all to bones and dust!"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Glad you could join us again."

Juspera says, "Me too."

Geijon says, "Dwarf."

Arianiss says, "Okay then. I'll just keep quiet."

Cryheart says, "That sounds like one."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara concedes, "Okay, -now- I think they're talking about us."

Sockmo says, "Glad I found you all."

Bristenn offhandedly mentions, "In their defense, as well, they didn't entirely think this through either."

Iseo asks, "Did we say that?"

Ysharra says, "Can't blame that sentiment."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "What happened to Mnar?"

The gates of the keep open and dwarven warriors flood out!

Juspera says, "He's resting."

Maags says, "Uh."

Bristenn grouses, "If you have a keep, and you're under siege, you don't leave the ke-"

A burly dwarven defender ambles in.

Geijon says, "Keep is open."

[combat]

Iseo says, "Probably Lylia throwing her voice."

[extended combat]

Lylia says, "Oh, I could not sound Dwarven if I tried. There are limits."

From nearby, you hear Shinann yell, "It is open."

Bristenn simply continues, "You don't leave the keep."

Sir Cryheart's group just went into a stout stone keep.

[Doggoroth Keep, Courtyard]

Thick stone walls wrap around the massive circular courtyard of the keep. Dwarven warriors in gleaming armor dutifully march along the heavy ramparts above.

Geijon says, "Let's go in."

[extended combat]

Geijon says, "Doubt we face elves in here."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "Same either way, leads to a gatehouse."

Shinann says, "Statue northeast of here."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Doggoroth Keep, Courtyard]

This part of the courtyard is dominated in the center by a huge granite statue. Far to the northeast, the snowy peaks of the great northern mountains can be seen.

Geijon says, "Who is reporting to th' landing."

A deep voice growls, "Breached! Stomp 'em boys! Fer guts and glory and beer!"

Shinann says, "Hmmm."

A stout dwarven soldier ambles in.

A stout dwarven soldier ambles in.

[combat]

Pietra says, "I didn't know there'd be beer."

Leafiara admits, "Pretty good goals to fight for."

[extended combat]

Cruxophim disappointedly notes, "No more demons."

[combat]

Speaking optimistically to Cruxophim, Leafiara says, "The night is young."

Geijon says, "I am not enjoying this."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Leafiara adds, "Well, not really, but... ya know what I mean."

Cryheart says, "Moving to gatehouse."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Doggoroth Keep, Courtyard]

The walls of the courtyard come to end on both sides of a small stone gatehouse, its metal portcullis raised to permit travel. Perched upon smooth stone pedestals on both sides of the gate are two black granite gargoyles.

Lylia says, "It is what must be done."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I have reach over them."

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a small stone gatehouse.

[Doggoroth Keep]

Burly dwarven soldiers haul carts of crated grain through the area, dispensing them into the granary buildings nearby. A scarred dwarven fletcher stands outside of a small shop, carving away at a wooden symbol with his knife. You also see a small stone gatehouse.

Speaking to Geijon, Maags says, "Problies not the goal, enjoyment."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "Towers nearby that we can go in."

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Doggoroth Keep]

Plumes of heavy black smoke billow out of the three chimneys of the keep's forge. Rising up next to the smithery is an enormous tower.

Sir Cryheart's group just went into an enormous tower.

[Doggoroth, Round Tower West]

From the top of the tower, the scattered farmlands can be seen before they succumb to the massive woodlands that stretch for miles and miles to the west, broken up only by a narrow river bending through the forest. A cold, icy breeze stirs through the cracks along the ramparts.

Sir Cryheart's group just went out.

[Doggoroth Keep]

Plumes of heavy black smoke billow out of the three chimneys of the keep's forge. Rising up next to the smithery is an enormous tower.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Doggoroth Keep]

Burly dwarven soldiers haul carts of crated grain through the area, dispensing them into the granary buildings nearby. A scarred dwarven fletcher stands outside of a small shop, carving away at a wooden symbol with his knife. You also see a small stone gatehouse.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Doggoroth Keep]

To the east lies a wide stone building tucked into the shadow of an enormous tower. Dwarven soldiers move throughout the area, hands never far from their weapons.

Evia asks, "Whut?"

Shinann says, "Tower."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "Try going in one of the towers."

Sir Cryheart's group just went into an enormous tower.

[Doggoroth, Round Tower East]

From the top of the tower, the surrounding woodlands give way to the walled city of Talador to the east and the great mountains and mines to the north. A cold, icy breeze stirs through the cracks along the ramparts.


Demon Dance

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Dergoatean!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a uniformed imperial soldier.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Radeek suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Cryheart says, "Did the first one."

Speaking admiringly to Evia, Cruxophim observes, "You got darker." (OOC: This was also why she asked "Whut?" earlier, as we were all looking at her; basically, she got an "Evia's body suddenly grows darker" message despite being alive, which I think happens if someone gets GM raised (in this case Goblyn) and then the preservation has a delayed fade. Somethiing like that, anyway.)

[combat]

Ysharra says, "Oh no."

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Geijon exclaims, "Summoners first!"

Dergoatean says, "This again."

Geijon exclaims, "Summoners first!"

Evia says, "That is very disconcerting."

Speaking confidently to Cruxophim, Leafiara says, "See, now we can have the demons again, probably."

A black-winged blood red vathor arrives, shaking the area slightly with its massive footsteps.

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Vathor." (and an oculoth to boot)

[extended combat]

Juspera yells, "Kill it!!"

[combat]

Dergoatean recites:

"A reminder NOT TO IMPLODE VATHORS"

Geijon exclaims, "Not this time!"

Dergoatean recites:

"A reminder NOT TO IMPLODE VATHORS"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "Working on it."

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Dergoatean!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Talador, Battlefield]

The field is vast, stretching out for miles and miles of blemished and broken lands. Patches of wild grass and thin saplings struggle up from the ground, trying to flourish in the ground once soaked in blood. You also see a cudgel.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Xorus suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Speaking deeply to Geijon, Guarrin says, "We heard you."

Juspera says, "There's something horrible --"

Evia says, "Gah."

Cryheart says, "We moved again."

Guarrin deeply says, "Oh good, back in Talador."

Ysharra says, "Let's stay here. I like it here. No vathors here."

[combat]

Zosopage says, "Back to the battlefield."

Cryheart says, "Back to the keep."

[combat]

Gryzzlbok yells, "Do it for the beer!"

Shinann says, "Go back to that keep..."

Cryheart says, "Moving to the keep."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[The Keep Road]

The trail ends and opens up before a stout keep with ancient stone walls and battered rock parapets. Above the keep a large dwarven banner flaps against the wind. You also see a bastard sword, a tower shield, a tower shield, a bastard sword, a tower shield, a bastard sword, a tower shield and a moldy ginger cupcake.

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Dergoatean!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a rune staff, a large shield and a morning star.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Radeek suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Geijon says, "Keep into th' tower..."

Geijon says, "Hm."

Chamorr heartily asks, "What are we lookin fer?"

Cryheart says, "What the."

Speaking to Cryheart, Dergoatean says, "I don't think we missed much of anything in the keep."

A gigantic murky oculoth hovers in, its shadowy mass covered in thousands of blinking eyes.

Geijon says, "Summoners are focus."

[combat]

Speaking to Chamorr, Pietra asks, "Beer I think?"

[combat]

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin says, "Really taking getting lost to an artform."

[combat]

Zosopage says, "We keep getting moved."

[combat]

A dark-robed Faendryl summoner gestures at Puptilian!

A wave of russet ethereal ripples moves outward from a dark-robed Faendryl summoner.

(most everyone gets blasted, but below are just the deaths)

Iseo is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves.

... 40 points of damage!

Blow shatters bones in Iseo's neck leaving her head hanging loosely!

Iseo drops dead at your feet!

Thrassus is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves.

... 54 points of damage!

Strike to abdomen ruptures internal organs!

Thrassus drops dead at your feet!

Mnar is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves.

... 70 points of damage!

Blow to abdomen breaks Mnar almost in two!

Mnar drops dead at your feet!

[combat]

A dark-robed Faendryl summoner gestures at Guarrin!

A wave of formless black ripples moves outward from a dark-robed Faendryl summoner.

(showing deaths only)

Raelee is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 58 points of damage!

Abdomen erupts, blood and bile splatter everything!

Raelee drops dead at your feet!

Lylia is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 59 points of damage!

Back erupts in a bloody display of bone and gore!

Lylia drops dead at your feet!

Zosopage is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 47 points of damage!

Neck is vaporized by decompression!

Zosopage drops dead at your feet!

Bristenn is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 43 points of damage!

Head is vaporized by decompression!

Bristenn drops dead at your feet!

Ysharra is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 49 points of damage!

Eye bursts and decompression takes most of Ysharra's head with it!

Ysharra drops dead at your feet!

Chaoswynd is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 55 points of damage!

Head is vaporized by decompression!

Chaoswynd drops dead at your feet!

Katiesa is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 39 points of damage!

Head is vaporized by decompression!

Katiesa drops dead at your feet!

Balantine is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 45 points of damage!

Neck is vaporized by decompression!

Balantine drops dead at your feet!

Gryzzlbok is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 70 points of damage!

Back erupts in a bloody display of bone and gore!

Gryzzlbok drops dead at your feet!

Radeek is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 63 points of damage!

Back erupts in a bloody display of bone and gore!

Radeek drops dead at your feet!

Leafiara is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 64 points of damage!

Abdomen erupts, blood and bile splatter everything!

Leafiara drops dead at your feet!

Xorus is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 18 points of damage!

In a massive display of gore, Xorus's neck explodes violently!

Xorus drops dead at your feet!

Juspera is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 37 points of damage!

Neck is vaporized by decompression!

Juspera drops dead at your feet!

Guarrin is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 70 points of damage!

Chest decompresses violently and explodes in a shower of bone and lung!

Guarrin drops dead at your feet!

Cruxophim is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 39 points of damage!

Head is vaporized by decompression!

Cruxophim drops dead at your feet!

Chamorr is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 55 points of damage!

Head is vaporized by decompression!

Chamorr drops dead at your feet!

Dergoatean is buffeted by the formless black waves.

... 52 points of damage!

Spine leaps out and shatters into many small pieces!

Dergoatean drops dead at your feet!


Recovering

Shadows leap from the surroundings, engulfing Raelee's body!

(and everyone else dead)

Your surroundings begin to blur, colors melting away as silence rushes in to greet you. Shadows creep in from the corner of your eyes and you are overwhelmed in darkness.

Suddenly the darkness peels away and your vision returns to find yourself in a new location.

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, the Fyrrow disk, the Talonhawke disk, a plains hawk that is flying around, some golden brown elven waybread, a thin wafer of crispy elven waybread, a striped lynx, a ruffled white-bellied hawk that is flying around, a fat white cat, a chewy dark brown hermit bar, a swirled disk of blue and yellow ground cornmeal, a chewy dark brown hermit bar, some manna bread, a swirled disk of blue and yellow ground cornmeal, a disconsolate mountain spirit that is flying around, an unruly forest spirit that is flying around, the Kanetta disk, a lamenting forest spirit that is flying around, a lynx skull, a large acorn, a reddish cream-filled tart, some manna bread, a spinach-paste steamed dumpling, an oblong fried dumpling, some manna bread, some manna bread, some manna bread, some golden brown elven waybread, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: the body of Event Planner Leafiara who is lying down, the body of Radeek who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Gryzzlbok who is lying down, the body of Sir Balantine who is lying down, the body of Katiesa who is lying down, the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down, the body of Ysharra who is lying down, the body of Sir Bristenn who is lying down, the body of Zosopage who is lying down, the body of Mayor Lylia who is lying down, the body of Magister Raelee who is lying down, the body of Mnar who is lying down, the body of Lord Thrassus who is lying down, the body of Iseo who is lying down, Mister Polveiss, Pukk, Lord Fyrrow, Sofal, Rasson, Kelrion, Wanion, Talonir, Kembriana, Talonhawke, Lord Leviathoar, Minniemae, Lord Arkanos, Scarswyrth, Lord Conrash who is kneeling, Ingward, Elbromo who is kneeling, Kanetta, Grizahl, Anaia, Eliseus, Marikaytte who is sitting, Sir Ruffelin, Bernadette who is sitting, Grand Lord Gnaeusprimus, Zulgrim who is sitting, Berost who is lying down, Draught, Razanetika who is sitting, Grand Lady Roelaren, Crio

A swirling patch of shadows appears along the ground and transforms into Xorus's body.

(and the rest)

Scarswyrth says, "Oh boy."

Scarswyrth says, "Incoming."

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "...damn."

Rasson says, "Fresh pile."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "It's raining bodies!"

Leafiara impatiently exclaims, "No time for death!" (having self-raised)

Bernadette softly says, "Hmm."

[triage; just imagine thousands of lines of deleted healing and raising requests scattered in throughout this entire section]

Sockmo just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Dergoatean says, "Summoners."

The ghostly voice of Zosopage says, "Well."

Puptilian just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Iseo says, "That stinks."

Cryheart has been vaporized!

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Cryheart...

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see an insect swarm, a huge sticky web, a thorny vine, a weathered thanot coffer, a scratched monir trunk, a small shield, a uniformed imperial soldier that is lying down, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that is lying down, a black-winged blood red vathor, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner, a dark-robed Faendryl summoner, the Warclaidh disk and the purple Neopuron disk.

Also here: the body of Sir Cryheart who is lying down, Shinann, Death Knight Warclaidh, Yakushi, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Pietra, Neopuron, Maags, Melikor, Sir Geijon, a stunned Dame Evia, Miss Goblyn

High above, a small speck begins to grow, after several moments it becomes apparent that some large object is speeding down! A local townswoman who has also seen this runs away yelling, "THE SKY IS FALLING!" just as a massive gelatinous lump of flesh lands on the ground, splattering the surroundings with globs of gore.

Scarswyrth says, "Leafi's ready to live."

Cryheart just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Cryheart says, "Ouch."

The ghostly voice of Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Speaking amicably to Scarswyrth, Leafiara assures, "I'm fine."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Then the sky opened up and bodies fell from the sky!"

Pietra just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Ysharra asks, "That was nearly all of us, I think?"

The ghostly voice of Mnar asks, "So, what did we miss?"

Geijon has been vaporized!

High above, a small speck begins to grow, after several moments it becomes apparent that some large object is speeding down! A local townswoman who has also seen this runs away yelling, "THE SKY IS FALLING!" just as a massive gelatinous lump of flesh lands on the ground, splattering the surroundings with globs of gore.

Fyrrow quietly asks, "Where'd those bodies come from!?"

(locating to get a sense of the battle)

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a dark-robed Faendryl summoner, a uniformed imperial soldier, a wooden shield, a thorny vine, a weathered thanot coffer, a scratched monir trunk, a small shield, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that appears dead, a dark-eyed Faendryl hunter that appears dead, a black-winged blood red vathor, the Warclaidh disk and the purple Neopuron disk.

Also here: Shinann, Death Knight Warclaidh, a webbed Yakushi, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Neopuron, Maags, Melikor, Dame Evia, Miss Goblyn

The ghostly voice of Thrassus says, "Vathors."

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "Mostly what you didn't miss."

The ghostly voice of Sockmo says, "Ah well, hopefully the hit that killed me saved someone stronger."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "It's th' summoners."

The ghostly voice of Guarrin deeply says, "Summoner got a cast off."

The ghostly voice of Iseo says, "Just drag me around for moral support."

Maags has been vaporized!

High above, a small speck begins to grow, after several moments it becomes apparent that some large object is speeding down! A local townswoman who has also seen this runs away yelling, "THE SKY IS FALLING!" just as a massive gelatinous lump of flesh lands on the ground, splattering the surroundings with globs of gore.

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "We swapped between the Faendryl-Imperial battle and the Dwarven fortress."

The ghostly voice of Xorus says, "Bloody good time."

Bernadette softly says, "From beyond the veil."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "This is both paragons."

Speaking to Xorus, the ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "You would be happy."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "Someone report to th' city."

Leafiara says, "In a situation like this... guess I can't run straight back out to the battlefield, much as I want."

The ghostly voice of Iseo says, "How did I get killed is my question? I hid behind Chamorr the whole time."

Speaking to Ysharra, the ghostly voice of Xorus says, "It is glorious."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "We'll recover."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "Th' portal holds."

Leviathoar says, "Wheres all the fighting? so many dead."

The ghostly voice of Ysharra asks, "Did Melikor and Lylia survive that?"

Juspera says, "Melikor might have."

Juspera says, "Lylia didn't."

The ghostly voice of Guarrin deeply says, "I don't think many did."

Pukk quietly says, "The Mayor didn't die because death is afraid of her."

Evia just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Evia says, "Yay."

Arianiss: "So what's the plan?"

Warclaidh just bit the dust!

Neopuron just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "I'm ready for life, as well, and would appreciate a chrism if anyone has one to spare."

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "I appear to be going through them. I'll have to restock in Leafiara's shop."

Leafiara says, "Hmm..."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "Recover and be safe."

Speaking wryly to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "At this point, I have to restock from my own shop too."

Speaking to Juspera, the ghostly voice of Ysharra asks, "Am I all waxy?"

The spirit of Mnar begins to wail eerily.

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera says, "Stop that, you're scaring the animals."

The ghostly voice of Neopuron asks, "Why was Jerram attacking us, not on our side?"

Leafiara says, "Getting chrisms... right back."

(OOC: leaves, restocks, comes back like 50 seconds later to find everyone alive by what I can only assume is a mass GM raise)

Evia says, "Oh I'm alive."

Leafiara surprisedly exclaims, "Ah, everyone's back!"

Shinann just bit the dust!

Lauranathalasa has been vaporized!

High above, a small speck begins to grow, after several moments it becomes apparent that some large object is speeding down! A local townswoman who has also seen this runs away yelling, "THE SKY IS FALLING!" just as a massive gelatinous lump of flesh lands on the ground, splattering the surroundings with globs of gore.

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

Lauranathalasa just bit the dust!

Leafiara musingly says, "That one managed to kill all of us, it seems."

Chamorr heartily says, "I not dead."

Alasatia just bit the dust!

Balantine recites quietly:

"Afraid I must be going, keep up the fight! And thanks for the healing and raise"

Goblyn just bit the dust!

Iseo says, "NOW I know how I croaked! Chamorr got dead first."

Geijon recites:

"Reform"

Geijon recites:

"We have work to do"

Xorus just bit the dust!

Goblyn exclaims, "Fire... it is very nice to be playing with!"

Neopuron says, "I'm so confused."

Kelrion says, "Ugh, too noisy."

Cryheart says, "Get ready..moving out soon."

Iseo says, "I live confused. It can be a very relaxing way to live."

Speaking to Anaia, Puptilian says, "Wolf's name is Aatu."

Evia says, "Dead, alive, dead, alive, ah the circle of uhm...death."

Some people run by and shout, "...that silver portal near the Lake is totally visible now!" (OOC: there had been a bug, as Goat mentioned earlier, where the portal could be entered even though it was invisible)

Cryheart says, "Ok..moving out."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara exclaims, "Back into the breach then!"

Iseo asks, "Did we hear that?"

Pukk yells, "Don't go into the portal!"

[travel]

Pukk quietly says, "Crazy townspeople."


Confronting Sentinel Jerram

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak]

You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a shimmering silver portal, a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees and a cedar chip path.

Cryheart asks, "All ready?"

Geijon says, "Yes."

Evia says, "Sure."

Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Iseo says, "I am hiding behing BOTH Chamor and Bernie."

Geijon says, "Summoners."

Leafiara affirms, "Absolutely!"

Geijon says, "Vathors after."

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a shimmering silver portal.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

With an almost unperceivable shift, the ground gives way from firm sand to peaty soil, and the scent of decaying vegetation thickens. Dwarfed palm trees yield to more dominant mangroves with buttressed trunks shading the area with their glossy, dark green, egg-shaped leaves. Brackish pools of water play host to reedy grasses home to amphibious mudskipper fish treading the muck. You also see a shimmering silver portal.

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Guarrin deeply asks, "Have we seen an objective here?"

Geijon says, "This might be our last chance."

Leafiara sagely says, "Kill the paragons."

Maags exclaims, "This is their last chance!"

Guarrin deeply says, "Aye.."

Pukk quietly says, "We are in the murky molasses again."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Wide, low ferns crowd around dwarfed palms and banana trees, all fighting for existence upon a patch of peated earth. An adventurous spider monkey braves the swamp to reach the ripe yellow fruit growing here in large clusters.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Buttressed trunks of mangrove trees are entwined further with a network of breathing roots emerging from the mire, feeding it much-needed oxygen. Eerie four-eyed anableps peek above the waterline, blinking as they stare curiously. Spotting a small school of water skimmers, they head in that direction, hoping to make the tiny insects into a tasty meal.

Pukk quietly says, "Be prepared."

Iseo says, "For me it is to stay behind Chamor and Bernadette and fling spells around them to the bad guys."

Cryheart asks, "Keep?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Thick foliage from the mangrove trees continue to dim existing light in the swamp, making it appear to be perpetually night. Thick peat floats upon the water, creating an undulating walkway for the sure-footed, and threatening a spill into the brackish pools with the smallest misstep.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a falchion.

Speaking to Pukk, Evia says, "Thats murky more asses, silly."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones. You also see a violet sapphire and an engraved tanik chest.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a goblet of milky green absinthe, a tall fluted crystal glass with a delicate rounded lip, a yellow sapphire, a crystal amulet, a star ruby, a wooden shield and a small shield.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Swamp eel and snake meet in confrontation, a battle converging in the dark mire of the swamp. Scarlet macaws cheer noisily, their wings stretched out and heads bobbing up and down as they parade along their overhead perch. With a final stabbing lunge, the snake grasps the eel's head in his mouth and pulls them both under the surface.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

A curtain of vines rings a tall mangrove tree like a living cage. Inside, snakes and other nocturnal animals rest for the night. The air is oppressive, heavy and damp with moisture that collects upon the glossy green leaves, running off in fat droplets.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Trudging through the swamp, each step sinks deeper into the mushy peat, slurping sickeningly. A greenish mist collects over part of the brackish waters, the low burp of gas bubbles occasionally breaking the relative silence of the setting as they pop open at the surface. You also see a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree.

Speaking quietly to Evia, Pukk says, "Not unless you are sniffing a moles butt it's note."

Pukk quietly says, "Not."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Rounding a cluster of banana palms, the leaf-strewn peat path skirts a large bog. Mudskipper fish keep it animated as does the infrequent phenomenon of a mottled swamp eel slithering through the muck. Mangrove roots twist in a lacy web as they climb up out of the water in their search for oxygen and other nutrients. You also see a wooden shield.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Along this side of the swamp, darkness gives way to pale blades of moonlight filtering down through the thick green canopy, and through the twisted trees a glimpse of savanna extends to the north. Orchids and heliconia thrive here in abundance, their bright colors intensifying in the silvery rays.

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Bright moonlight illuminates the dark, thinning swamp, making it a bit more inviting and hospitable, especially for the various creatures that inhabit the murky waters. Spider monkeys skip along the branches of the trees, trying to find a comfortable place to rest for the night. You also see a wooden shield.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a falchion.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Leaving the brackish waters of the swamp behind, firmer ground leading off to the north becomes a plain of waving grasses dotted with scrubby live oaks and other small mounds of brush. Off in the distance, stark moonlight reflects upon the white salt remains of a sunken lakebed at the foot of an embracing mountain chain.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a falchion.

The vine you passed seemed to have shifted in the swampy wind.

Iseo says, "Did you see that."

Evia says, "Cryheart is gonna get angry soon..any hour, really mad."

Razanetika softly asks, "Go back?"

Iseo says, "Even I say it."

Ruffelin says, "Vine..."

Leafiara curiously says, "Maybe we should look at that vine."

Iseo says, "The vine."

Juspera says, "Uh yeah. There's vines everywhere."

Cryheart asks, "Which direction?"

Leafiara smoothly says, "I always like looking at vines myself."

Ysharra asks, "...where is Xorus?"

Katiesa says, "The one we passed."

Leafiara explains, "The one we passed."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

Speaking to Leafiara, Puptilian says, "I'll let that one go tonight."

Juspera asks, "Is he resting?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a falchion.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Strangle figs enjoy the nutrient-rich land along the border of the swamp, growing amid the buck brush and live oak, twisting itself around them possessively. Thorny acacia shrubs create a broken thicket separating savanna from swampland.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Buttressed trunks of mangrove trees are entwined further with a network of breathing roots emerging from the mire, feeding it much-needed oxygen. Eerie four-eyed anableps peek above the waterline, blinking as they stare curiously. Spotting a small school of water skimmers, they head in that direction, hoping to make the tiny insects into a tasty meal.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Thick foliage from the mangrove trees continue to dim existing light in the swamp, making it appear to be perpetually night. Thick peat floats upon the water, creating an undulating walkway for the sure-footed, and threatening a spill into the brackish pools with the smallest misstep.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Cypress trees with knobby bases anchor along the edge of the watery swamp, wisps of verdigrised moss liberally dotting the boughs. Scarlet macaws enjoy the taller roosts, nests of swamp debris cobbled together far from other predators. You also see a falchion.

Lylia: "I have found Jerram. He seeks...transformation. Come and find me in the morass, and we shall give him what he seeks."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The peaty bog underfoot resists footfall with a bit more sturdiness as the swamp transitions to a grassland savanna. Still thick with humidity and tropical foliage, outcroppings of buck brush and live oak bushes fight for survival along this border between both zones.

Cryheart says, "See if we can find it."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a goblet of milky green absinthe, a wooden shield and a small shield.

Also here: Sir Bristenn, Draught, Juspera, Dame Evia, Maags, Pietra, Puptilian, Lord Chamorr, Guarrin, Katiesa, Ysharra, Mnar, Iseo, Pukk, Sir Ruffelin, Bernadette, Rasson, Razanetika, Event Planner Leafiara, Yakushi, Sir Geijon, Miss Goblyn, Cruxophim, Magister Raelee, Dergoatean, Death Knight Warclaidh, Arasleaf, Sir Cryheart, Mayor Lylia

Lylia exclaims, "Come with me!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Swamp eel and snake meet in confrontation, a battle converging in the dark mire of the swamp. Scarlet macaws cheer noisily, their wings stretched out and heads bobbing up and down as they parade along their overhead perch. With a final stabbing lunge, the snake grasps the eel's head in his mouth and pulls them both under the surface.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

A curtain of vines rings a tall mangrove tree like a living cage. Inside, snakes and other nocturnal animals rest for the night. The air is oppressive, heavy and damp with moisture that collects upon the glossy green leaves, running off in fat droplets.

Puptilian says, "There."

Mnar says, "We, uh."

Cruxophim yells, "If you want to live!"

Juspera asks, "Where's Lylia?"

Mayor Lylia just arrived.

Ysharra asks, "What?"

Cryheart asks, "This one?"

Speaking bemusedly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "I think maybe you should go back and--"

Iseo says, "There."

Katiesa points at a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Goblyn glances at a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Leafiara looks thoughtfully at a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Ysharra asks, "Where is the Mayor?"

Geijon just tried to pull a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Cryheart reaches out and touches a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Maags pokes her finger at a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Razanetika reaches out and touches a curtain of banisteriopsis vines.

Leafiara amicably says, "Well, that works too."

Mayor Lylia's group just went northeast.

Evia says, "Whut..."

Geijon says, "They found it."

From nearby, you hear Lylia yell, "This way!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

Trudging through the swamp, each step sinks deeper into the mushy peat, slurping sickeningly. A greenish mist collects over part of the brackish waters, the low burp of gas bubbles occasionally breaking the relative silence of the setting as they pop open at the surface. You also see a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree.

Lylia swiftly runs the tip of her forefinger across a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree.

Lylia grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Was just worried about you. I mean who else can we throw at the group of killers to stall them."

Lylia pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Juspera says, "Oh, no."

Raelee grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Juspera says, "I'm not doing that."

Raelee pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Evia grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Mnar says, "I mean."

Speaking coolly to Juspera, Leafiara says, "It's not as hard as it might look, really."

Mnar asks, "What's the worst that could happen?"

>go vine

Maybe you should GET the vine.

Juspera says, "It reminds me of the feithidmor cavern."

Geijon says, "Get it."

Evia pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Guarrin grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Ysharra asks, "Oh?"

Geijon says, "Ugh."

Geijon says, "One at a time."

Geijon says, "Go go go go."

Juspera says, "Yeah we had to swing over a..."

Dergoatean asks, "Push vine?" (OOC note: even those of us who had swung on vines before were struggling a bit to remember what to do)

Juspera says, "I died."

Geijon says, "Hurry."

Guarrin lets go of the vine.

Pukk quietly says, "Nope. Nothing is working."

Razanetika grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Iseo says, "Swing that vine."

Speaking to Sockmo, Ysharra says, "Thanks." (he gave her an encumbrance potion)

(OOC) Puptilian's player whispers to the group, "Isn't it pull then push vine?"

Cryheart says, "Swing vine."

Ruffelin says, "Get th' vine, then push it."

Juspera asks, "Cast call wind?"

Razanetika lets go of the vine.

Dergoatean grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Iseo says, "Swing on the Vine."

Dergoatean pushes himself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Maags grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Cryheart says, "Swing vine."

Geijon says, "Hurry."

Someone in the group GETS the wine and then PUSHES off of it!

Geijon says, "Everyone."

Maags pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Juspera grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Juspera pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Bristenn grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Bristenn pushes himself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Cruxophim grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Someone in the group GETS the vine and then PUSHES off of it!

Cruxophim pushes himself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Cryheart grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Iseo exclaims, "I want that wine!" (OOC: referring to the typo)

Cryheart pushes himself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Leafiara grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing herself.

Iseo is buffeted by the wind and knocked to the ground!

Leafiara pushes herself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

[Southron Wastes, Plateau]

Far to the west, the horizon is littered with buttes and mesas. The sound of vulgar canine yips and howls reverberates against the mountainside. Whether the sound comes from behind, above, or below is not immediately identifiable. You also see a twisted dark vine hanging from a nearby tree.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Sir Cryheart, Cruxophim, Sir Bristenn, Juspera, Maags, Dergoatean, Dame Evia, Miss Goblyn, Magister Raelee, Mayor Lylia, Arianiss, Xorus

Cryheart says, "Whew."

Cryheart says, "Reform."

Razanetika softly says, "Sheesh."

Lylia says, "Those of us who are Faendryl."

Arianiss says, "I'm done. Go kill the paragon."

Arianiss grabs onto the vine tightly and prepares to swing himself.

Arianiss pushes himself off while holding the vine, swinging out of the area!

Lauranathalasa leaps down as she swings in on a twisted dark vine hanging from a huge mangrove tree!

Raelee says, "... we are so rushed by urgency and purpose, that we cannot simply appreciate what this circumstance is allowing us to witness."

Cryheart says, "Reform."

[everyone else starts swinging in throughout the conversation]

Maags asks, "Transform?"

Speaking curiously to Lylia, Goblyn asks, "What will the end be of this transforming?"

Cryheart says, "Reform."

Pukk quietly says, "Yay! I made it."

Cryheart says, "Reform."

Evia says, "I will appreciate it in my nightmares for some time."

Lylia repeats, "Transform. This, he believes, will be 'victory.' To make the 'fallen' Dark Elves something else again."

Ruffelin asks, "Upon whom should we form up?"

Lylia says, "As if any of it were that simple."

Speaking to Raelee, Dergoatean says, "Tell me about it. I got to see the battle of Maelshyve... for three instants in the middle of chasing Naimorai around." (referring to this incident)

Speaking to Dergoatean, Evia exclaims, "Thank you!"

Cryheart says, "Reform on me."

Cryheart says, "Reform on me."

Geijon says, "We're here."

The air shimmers briefly and for a moment the very surroundings shift to look like the battlefield outside of Doggoroth Keep, but then it fades.

Geijon says, "Go."

Raelee says, "Granted this is not real, precisely... but it is, at least, a perspective on something we would not be able to otherwise witness."

Geijon says, "All of us."

Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Lylia says, "He awaited me farther ahead, on the plateau, and said to find others. That he would --"

Geijon says, "Draught."

Evia says, "Ugh."

Juspera says, "Um."

Lylia says, "That he would find us. And, he believed I sought this transformation."

Geijon says, "This is it. We have to succeed."

Speaking pleasantly to Raelee, Leafiara agrees, "It is a pretty nice window into past wars."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Geijon says, "Nobody is coming to save us."

Cryheart asks, "All joined?"

Iseo says, "I am."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Plateau]

The flat pathway is sandy and grows dangerously narrow as it progresses northwest. Two shale formations rise in the east, each bending in an amazing way to the side. Upon one of the two perches a massive boulder, suspended in some precarious feat of balance.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Plateau]

A massive formation rises to the north, its face nearly vertical. Amid the desolate valley below, curious spires of shale and limestone look like wicked tombstones scattered across a wrecked graveyard.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Passing around a set of stone spires, the trail takes two distinct paths. Further north, a jutting mountain blocks perfect view, while to the west little is visible beyond a short jaunt. Due north, the red shale mountain rises to impossible heights, its top covered in pale limestone.

Geijon says, "This is th' sentinels realm."

Dergoatean says, "Nothing northeast that I saw."

The air shimmers again and the sound of shouting orcs and dwarves can be heard, then they go suddenly still.

Dergoatean says, "Aside from scenery."

Geijon says, "Draught is back."

Sir Cryheart's group just went south.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The sedimentary layers are pushed back in uneven, stepped progression. Further up the mountain, a divergent trail skirts the range's eastern crest while a plateau spans westward.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Rubble scattered across the pathway makes navigation difficult, as the way winds back and forth, higher and higher. A massive, jagged boulder with one side worn smooth looks perfect for a moment's rest. The occasional rodent passes across the rocky trail, scurrying quickly to avoid predators.

Puptilian says, "Odd."

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The sagebrush is nearly gone here, and even the cacti are sparse. To the north are a myriad of diagonal, renting peaks and the occasional upward-sloping plateau. The red mountain's exposed vertical surfaces reveal a variety of sediments, including shale in the closest formations, which shift to limestone in higher elevations.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Sloping steeply downward, a rubble-ladened path leads to a natural stone arch that extends high above a wide crack in the ground. The cordillera extends north while a barren sandy field fills the bleak area eastward. Beyond the dunes, a secondary mountain range rises up.

Cruxophim leaps out of hiding and bursts into a fantastic dance.

Razanetika softly says, "Indeed."

Evia says, "Wow, that was ..some spire."

Iseo says, "And I usually really love dwarves."

Dergoatean says, "Path is closed for business."

Geijon says, "We need to pray this is both paragons."

Geijon says, "We're running out of resources too fast."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The sagebrush is nearly gone here, and even the cacti are sparse. To the north are a myriad of diagonal, renting peaks and the occasional upward-sloping plateau. The red mountain's exposed vertical surfaces reveal a variety of sediments, including shale in the closest formations, which shift to limestone in higher elevations.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Rubble scattered across the pathway makes navigation difficult, as the way winds back and forth, higher and higher. A massive, jagged boulder with one side worn smooth looks perfect for a moment's rest. The occasional rodent passes across the rocky trail, scurrying quickly to avoid predators.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The sedimentary layers are pushed back in uneven, stepped progression. Further up the mountain, a divergent trail skirts the range's eastern crest while a plateau spans westward.

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Passing around a set of stone spires, the trail takes two distinct paths. Further north, a jutting mountain blocks perfect view, while to the west little is visible beyond a short jaunt. Due north, the red shale mountain rises to impossible heights, its top covered in pale limestone.

Speaking curiously to Geijon, Cruxophim murmurs, "Are we?"

Iseo says, "Clunk is going to have to have a talk with these dwarven folk around here."

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Down the slope, many scrubby bushes cling to the ground near a rock formation. The russet-colored ridgeline high above is jagged and uneven, evidence of recent geologic upheaval.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

A flurry of stunted rodents scramble back and forth amid the trail and the mountain, hurriedly collecting whatever bit of sustenance they can find. Rumbling noises from up near the ridgeline occasionally elicit an increased hastening among the little beasts.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Winding around the shriveled husk of a parched cactus, the crumbling path makes its way between two mountain peaks. The path is littered with pale white needles, undoubtedly left behind by one unlucky enough to come in contact with the old cactus.

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The mountain range continues in all directions as the egress clings to the brink of the shale crags. Loose sand litters the crooked trail, partially obscuring its hazardous slope.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Jutting out to the east and back west, the faint trail follows the crooked lines of the mountain range. Each sedimentary layer of rusty red and pale blonde climbs as if to escape the dunes below, a creating boggling set of interwoven zigs and zags that stretch far to the north.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Five spires, each one crooked and knobby, rise from the foothills of the sandy wasteland. A keening canine wail echos off the mountain's barren rock, its source not readily identifiable.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Cutting sharply inward, the faint trail follows around a massive field of stone spires. Beyond the formations to the east, a sandy wasteland dotted with barren scrub holds little promise of civilization.

Lylia exclaims, "Back!"

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Five spires, each one crooked and knobby, rise from the foothills of the sandy wasteland. A keening canine wail echos off the mountain's barren rock, its source not readily identifiable.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Jutting out to the east and back west, the faint trail follows the crooked lines of the mountain range. Each sedimentary layer of rusty red and pale blonde climbs as if to escape the dunes below, a creating boggling set of interwoven zigs and zags that stretch far to the north.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

The mountain range continues in all directions as the egress clings to the brink of the shale crags. Loose sand litters the crooked trail, partially obscuring its hazardous slope.

Sir Cryheart's group just went south.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Winding around the shriveled husk of a parched cactus, the crumbling path makes its way between two mountain peaks. The path is littered with pale white needles, undoubtedly left behind by one unlucky enough to come in contact with the old cactus.

Speaking musingly to Geijon, Leafiara says, "Maybe after we end one tonight, this world will collapse and we'll find ourselves in the other one to finish the second paragon. At least we can hope, anyway."

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

A flurry of stunted rodents scramble back and forth amid the trail and the mountain, hurriedly collecting whatever bit of sustenance they can find. Rumbling noises from up near the ridgeline occasionally elicit an increased hastening among the little beasts

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Down the slope, many scrubby bushes cling to the ground near a rock formation. The russet-colored ridgeline high above is jagged and uneven, evidence of recent geologic upheaval.

Sir Cryheart's group just went southwest.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Passing around a set of stone spires, the trail takes two distinct paths. Further north, a jutting mountain blocks perfect view, while to the west little is visible beyond a short jaunt. Due north, the red shale mountain rises to impossible heights, its top covered in pale limestone.

Lylia says, "You walked past him."

Cryheart asks, "Past whom?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Geijon says, "I think we fight them both..."

Geijon says, "Together."

Speaking to Sockmo, Lylia asks, "Yes?"

Neopuron asks, "The parched catus?"

Sockmo offers Lylia a silvery blue potion.

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Down the slope, many scrubby bushes cling to the ground near a rock formation. The russet-colored ridgeline high above is jagged and uneven, evidence of recent geologic upheaval.

Speaking affably to Geijon, Leafiara says, "Works for me."

Lylia accepts Sockmo's silvery blue potion.

Sockmo says, "Drink up."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk asks, "Why would you want us to look at your back?"

[travel, but at this point we're looping, so I'll leave out the room descriptions]

Speaking to Leafiara, Geijon says, "Dangerous."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "No, it's not too big."

Iseo asks, "She has a lovely butt?"

The narrow mountain trail crumbles somewhat.

Draught is struck by a mass of crumbling rock, sending him tumbling down through the foothills!

(and everyone)

Whoa, the trail crumbles beneath your feet! You fall down the mountain side, rolling, roiling, bouncing across rock.

Kah-thunk, smash, bobble, heel over head, arms flailing!

A woosh of sand finally settles as your tumbling comes to an end, very far below the mountain.

[Southron Wastes, Salt Basin]

Salt formations rise from the lakebed, similar to the crooked shale spires visible in the north. Thunderous crashes rattle the area on occasion. Somewhere in the distance, a coyote occasionally mewls following each powerful rumble.

[minor damage to all]

Lylia says, "We passed the man himself. He was speaking with Mnar."

Juspera says, "Hey."

Speaking curiously to Geijon, Leafiara says, "...is it? The other two paragons haven't been--"

Leafiara suddenly mutters, "Never mind."

Ysharra says, "Ouch..."

Speaking to Bristenn, Geijon asks, "Got that sword ready?"

Iseo asks, "What was that?"

Mnar says, "Hm."

Pukk quietly says, "Watch that first step...it's a doozy."

Cruxophim disapprovingly grumbles, "The indignity."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Katiesa wryly says, "That was bracing."

Bernadette softly says, "Just a scratch."

(Goat sends a Symbol of Need, having found him)

Maags exclaims, "Waked me up!"

Speaking to Cryheart, Geijon says, "Wait."

Evia says, "Interesting."

Lylia says, "Find the spires. Goat is already there. He awaits us. Somewhat north of here."

Lylia promises, "I told him there would be transformation. There will be. But not as he thinks of it."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Dergoatean: "Anyone coming?"

Speaking quietly to Warclaidh, Pukk says, "We were trying to lose you."

Dergoatean: "Jerram's up here."

Geijon asks, "Trail?"

Leafiara: "We're on our way! ...fast as Cryheart can move!"

[travel]

Geijon says, "There was a trail."

Cryheart asks, "Ye said northerly?"

Razanetika softly says, "There was a path."

Xorus says, "Back up in the mountains."

Speaking quietly to Warclaidh, Pukk says, "But come on...Cryheart is leading...even Quin would be able to keep up with us."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I agree."

Sockmo asks, "Is everyone as lost as I am?"

Geijon says, "This isn't that easy."

Speaking quietly to Sockmo, Pukk says, "Some of us, more so."

Sockmo says, "Oh good."

Speaking quietly to Sockmo, Pukk says, "Those poor rangers."

Speaking to Pukk, Geijon says, "Go on ahead, take your sword and die."

Dergoatean: "Jerram's says he's waiting for you!"

Speaking quietly to Geijon, Pukk says, "You're silly. I don't have a sword."

Leafiara say, "Iguanoid to the north."

Ysharra says, "I see him, too."

Iseo says, "You know in all this ugly Leafiara's disk is very cheerful."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "I was told to hold a second by the big guy."

Speaking quietly to Geijon, Pukk exclaims, "Oooh you can do illusions!"

Speaking quietly to Geijon, Pukk exclaims, "I want to see!"

Geijon says, "Allusion."

A blazing sand elemental ripples in, its surface awash in a multitude of hues.

[it meets a swift end]

A silver portal opens.

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a silver portal.

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Five spires, each one crooked and knobby, rise from the foothills of the sandy wasteland. A keening canine wail echos off the mountain's barren rock, its source not readily identifiable.

Also here: Melikor, Razanetika, Puptilian, Sir Ruffelin, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Yakushi, Pietra, Ysharra, Katiesa, Pukk, Arasleaf, Mnar, Bernadette, Rinthius, Lord Chamorr, Neopuron, Guarrin, Sockmo, Rasson, Iseo, Event Planner Leafiara, Sir Geijon, Magister Raelee, Draught, Sir Bristenn, Juspera, Maags, Dame Evia, Mayor Lylia, Xorus, Death Knight Warclaidh, Sir Cryheart, Berost, Shinann, Lord Thrassus, Chaoswynd, Alasatia, Dergoatean, Sentinel Jerram

Speaking quietly to Geijon, Pukk exclaims, "I like magic tricks!"

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean asks, "What about you?"

>look jerr

You see Sentinel Jerram Happersett.

He appears to be a Human.

He is average height. He appears to be past his prime. He has brooding navy blue eyes and weathered skin. He has short, thinning light brown hair evenly streaked with hints of grey. He has an unshaven face, a broken nose and cleft chin and shadowy black veins beneath his mouth and eyes.

He is in good shape.

He is holding a gleaming gold-runed maul in his right hand.

He is wearing a fang-inset deep silver greathelm, a sweeping silver-edged dark purple cape, a silver-tooled leather war harness, some polished blackish-purple platemail, a chain-edged dark suede tabard emblazoned with crossed purple lances on a field of silver, a pair of mithril-scaled gauntlets, some crisp black pants, some etched silvered steel greaves, and some tall sturdy black boots.

Speaking to Jerram, Lylia says, "Transformation, then."

Maags says, "Likes yous this way."

Lylia says, "Let us talk of transformations."

Speaking to Lylia, Dergoatean says, "He says our lives don't have to end in our deaths."

Geijon whispers something to Draught.

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Speaking to Lylia, Dergoatean says, "And that's about the most I've got so far."

Jerram says, "More...you have brought more."

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "That guy killed Warclaidh."

Speaking in Faendryl, Thrassus asks something you don't understand.

Geijon whispers something to Lylia.

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "You have been here a long time."

Lylia says, "He is right. We do not have to die."

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Geijon was just telling us that he can perform illusions."

Chamorr heartily asks, "This the guy we need to whack?"

Speaking carefully to Jerram, Bristenn observes, "Earl Happersett."

Jerram bows to Bristenn.

Jerram asks, "Sir?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Dergoatean says, "He just keeps talking about transforming."

Jerram says, "For those elves of darkness present..."

Jerram says, "This confict does not need to end in your deaths."

Bristenn reassuringly answers, "Sir Bristenn Mires, of Vornavis."

Jerram says, "There is another way."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Bernadette says, "I like yer maul."

Lylia acidly remarks, "He used Arianiss as an example. A paragon, if you will, of Elven virtue, unlike the corrupt and fallen as I am."

Speaking to Lylia, Mnar says, "Now, you're not corrupt and fallen."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra asks, "Transformation, you mean?"

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk exclaims, "You're taken! Your fiance would not like you looking at another guys maul!"

Jerram exclaims, "They have promised a way to bring you back! Transformed and reborn! Restore to your pure glory!"

Speaking to Mnar, Lylia says, "Of course not."

Juspera says, "Um."

Cryheart asks, "They who?"

Zosopage: "Are you supposed to swing on the vine to get to the keep?"

Lylia asks, "Who has promised this?"

Iseo says, "I think they are fairly glorious already."

Dergoatean: "Get the vine and push it."

Cryheart: "Get vine, push vine."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "You've got an interesting theory."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon asks, "Are you insane?"

Zosopage: "Thought so thanks."

Xorus asks, "Freedom from the cursed affliction of the daemons of old, the wailing and the gnashing of teeth?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Dergoatean says, "It's not that interesting until he explains what the heck he's talking about."

Speaking to Jerram, Thrassus says, "Tell us more, I am intrigued."

Ysharra says, "To where our scattered bodies go, sounds like."

Chamorr heartily asks, "Can't we jus whack im?"

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "You are a sentinel of th' Empire. Get your bearings and act like one."

Speaking deeply to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Oh, hasn't realized the situation yet."

Ysharra says, "They have to be shown the truth."

Speaking offhandedly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "It's an interesting question. Until now we've just kinda watched them kill themselves--one realizing what happened and the other not realizing."

Jerram says, "I understand you may not trust us."

Jerram says, "But it is true. It is proven."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "No handing out clues to aragonpays."

Pukk sarcastically asks, "Nooo...why would you say that?"

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika asks, "Why should we trust you?"

Xorus asks, "Indeed?"

Geijon whispers something to Cryheart.

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "We don't know you. Save by the words you speak, so say on."

Jerram says, "You need not worry."

Jerram moves to stand in front of Razanetika.

Jerram nods at Razanetika.

Jerram says, "You are pure."

Razanetika blinks.

Jerram says, "Look at you."

Iseo says, "That is very sad."

Jerram says, "...and look at them...."

Jerram glances at Lylia.

Maags says, "Even the most trusting of us has a difficulty to trust of late."

Jerram glances at Juspera.

Razanetika glances at Lylia.

Razanetika glances at Juspera.

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Do you know of a dwarf commander? Let us talk to him."

Jerram glances at Thrassus.

Melikor curls his lip at Jerram, his face contorting in a disdainful smirk.

Razanetika turns to face Jerram.

Cryheart says, "Not all are evil."

Speaking quietly to Jerram, Pukk says, "I know I know..but she isn't a statue...I swear."

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika asks, "And knowing this helps how?"

Cryheart says, "There are humans who are evil."

Speaking in Faendryl, Ysharra says something you don't understand.

Jerram asks, "Who among the dark will seek transformation?"

Geijon whispers to the group, "We need to condense these memories into a singular scenario."

Speaking to Cryheart, Puptilian says, "All races have good and evil in them."

Evia says, "Hmm."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean asks, "By the dark, I suppose you're talking about me?"

Speaking disinterestedly to Jerram, Cruxophim states, "Not through the light."

Leafiara bemusedly says, "Well, good luck with that one."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Creepy."

Speaking to Jerram, Thrassus says, "Tell us about this transformation process."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean asks, "What would you transform me into?"

Jerram says, "Tell, no, we must show you."

Cryheart asks, "Transform into what?"

Cruxophim lifts his jawbone dagger toward the sky. With a single, sharp word, a loud *POP!* ensues, and a gangly black-feathered rooster appears on the ground.

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin says, "Any race, any culture kin hae individual as are good an' evil. Ye mus' gie them a chance ta prove themselves."

Jerram exclaims, "We have had many successes!"

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra asks, "Who are we, and they?"

Xorus whispers something to Lylia.

Ysharra says, "Always this pronoun game."

Pukk quietly says, "All imps are evil."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "Well now that's not much of a sales pitch. You haven't even told me what the end result is supposed to be before saying you want to transform me."

Bristenn offhandedly remarks, "Good and evil are oft twisted and subjective. The law, though-"

Bristenn simply notes, "That is written."

(OOC) Kenstrom's player whispers to the group, "FYI...the vine is no longer needed. I connected the swamp and the mountains. Vine was just too slow."

Sockmo offers Jerram a silvery blue potion.

Ysharra says, "The imps are the best of the lot, in many ways."

Jerram declines Sockmo's offer.

Evia says, "He who will not be dissuaded from his perceived purpose, Is this Jerram."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "If I want around promising to turn people into... something! Well they'd have me committed."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "Think about this from my perspective."

Speaking to Bristenn, Ruffelin says, "Aye, but jus' because sommat is law, it doesnae mean it is right. There are bad an' good laws."

Jerram exclaims, "Restored!"

Jerram exclaims, "To your pure elven form!"

Jerram exclaims, "Before the curse!"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Pietra says, "You should have worn the nicer outfit, I think."

Juspera raises her hand.

Cryheart says, "Ahhh."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Bless you."

Juspera says, "I want to be transformed."

Lylia says, "If we are to be purified, then perhaps you should be purified as well."

Juspera glances at Jerram.

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "Ooohhhh you think this is a curse."

Cruxophim whispers a mystical phrase, as a nebulous haze shimmers into view around his hands, casting them in murky shadows.

Cruxophim gestures at Jerram.

The force of Cruxophim's power warps the air as it surges toward Jerram!

As Cruxophim moves to attack Jerram, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cruxophim!

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

A few nebulous wisps coalesce about Jerram before dissipating in a confused spiral.

Thrassus asks, "Ah, before the Scorch, hm?"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Bristenn agrees, "Rather that. Should a law be unjust, it must be undone."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Leafiara admits, "I like the way you think."

Jerram gestures at Cruxophim, and a column of shadows rises up and engulfs him, tossing him through the air like a rag doll! The pillar of darkness melts into the ground.

Pukk quietly says, "No eating the people...yet.."

Speaking to Goblyn, Maags exclaims, "Yous like everybodies!"

Xorus wryly says, "I am willing to take their curses into myself, truly it is a sacrifice worth making for their purity."

Juspera quickly exclaims, "No! I want it! Transform me!"

Leafiara muses, "Well, it was a nice try at least." (Crux)

Juspera shoots her hand into the air, waving it frantically, then uses her other hand to raise it even higher, her entire body wiggling with excitement.

Speaking to Bristenn, Ruffelin says, "On tha' we are in agreement, Sir."

Jerram asks, "YES!?"

Jerram peers quizzically at Juspera.

Juspera nods at Jerram.

Juspera says, "Yes."

Jerram asks, "You wish to be restored?"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "Are you sure...?"

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Do you know what you are doing? You are th' Eastern Sentinel. We are knights under oath of th' Northern Sentinel. You, sire, are making no sense to us."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika asks, "Are you saying I cannot be transformed if I so desired it?"

Juspera says, "I --"

Melikor says, "I'll keep mine, thank you."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon asks, "Why are you acting so oddly?"

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon asks, "Where is th' dwarf commander with you?"

Cryheart says, "He wants to transform Faendryl into pure elves."

The barrier of icy blue light that was surrounding Jerram's form dissipates.

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Iseo says, "Let's allow Juspera to at least finish her thought."

Cryheart says, "Or the dark ones."

Jerram asks, "Dwarf?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean asks something you don't understand.

Speaking to Jerram, Lylia asks, "If she is made pure, you should prove your own purity as well. If you walk in light, then how may we follow you unless we know it for certain?"

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking disinterestedly to Jerram, Cruxophim chides, "Well, that's just rude."

Shinann says, "There are no dwarves here."

Shinann says, "Well."

Juspera squirms.

Juspera says, "I --"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking dubiously to Juspera, Cruxophim mutters, "You alright?"

Juspera scratches her ear.

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking in lightly accented Faendryl, Goblyn says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "But illusions..."

As Arasleaf moves to attack Jerram, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Arasleaf!

... 1 point of damage!

A chilly blow to the stomach winds Arasleaf!

Jerram moves to stand in front of Juspera.

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "And dreams. Can kill."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Juspera, Iseo says, "You can change your mind. Whatever you choose I support you."

Jerram gestures at Arasleaf, and a column of shadows rises up and engulfs him, tossing him through the air like a rag doll! The pillar of darkness melts into the ground.

Juspera wearily says, "I'm tired of being... who I am."

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera says, "You should know that."

Jerram says, "Yes...yes of course."

Iseo says, "Not that my support counts for much."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Iseo says, "But there you go."

Speaking in lightly accented Faendryl to Lylia, Goblyn says something you don't understand.

Pukk quietly says, "He is just lucky Roblar isn't here."

Speaking dubiously to Juspera, Cruxophim inquires, "What are you choosing?"

Jerram asks, "What is your name?"

Pukk quietly says, "Or Falvicar."

Jerram turns an inquisitive ear toward Juspera.

Juspera glances uneasily over her shoulder.

Juspera asks, "Me?"

Speaking in Faendryl to Goblyn, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "You should also know to be wary of prophets."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Juspera says, "Juspera."

Jerram exclaims, "You shall be our first this eve!"

Juspera clears her throat.

Evia says, "Her name is puddin tame, ask her again and sh..spoiled my joke."

Speaking to Thrassus, Ysharra says, "...watch the shoulder."

Leafiara whispers something to Juspera.

Speaking to Juspera, Shinann says, "I am not sure this is a good idea."

Cryheart asks, "Ye really asking for this?"

Iseo says, "Pick Sylvan if you can. They have pretty voices."

Maags says, "We has not had good luck with promises from strangers."

Jerram turns an inquisitive ear toward Juspera.

Speaking quietly to Evia, Pukk says, "Yeah, stick with your day job...leave the jokes to us professionals."

Speaking in Elven, Shinann says, "You do not know what will happen."

Speaking heartily to Juspera, Chamorr says, "Careful what you wish for."

Speaking in Faendryl to Maags, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Maags, Dergoatean says, "Prax turned out half okay."


Confronting Brumas Brightforge

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Soneiken!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Talador, Battlefield]

The field is vast, stretching out for miles and miles of blemished and broken lands. Patches of wild grass and thin saplings struggle up from the ground, trying to flourish in the ground once soaked in blood. You also see a shambling pale grey ghoul.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Melikor suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)

Speaking to Ysharra, Maags says, "Or prophets."

Speaking in Elven, Leafiara speculates, "I think nothing will happen. And he needs to see that so--"

Evia says, "Bah."

Bristenn slowly reasons, "What harm might it do? The late Earl is under the sway of this ..pocket, and the wit-"

Juspera exclaims, "No!"

Speaking in Elven, Leafiara surprisedly says, "Hm."

Speaking patiently in lightly accented Faendryl to Dergoatean, Goblyn explains something you don't understand.

[combat]

Maags exclaims, "Then not veries often!"

>look brum

You see Hero Brumas Brightforge.

He appears to be a Dwarf.

He is taller than average. He appears to be past his prime. He has large lapis blue eyes and tanned skin. He has long, thick deep red hair with grey at the temples. He has a flat face, a large nose and a very long grey and red beard. He is large in size for a dwarf and a series of intricate runic tattoos cover his bulging arms and neck. Just fainly around the edges of the tattoo, thin black veins can be seen sprouting off like branches. He is surrounded by a barrier of blue light.

He is in good shape.

He is holding a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer in his right hand.

He is wearing a rune-carved blue steel helm, a blue lapis hammer-shaped buckle, a sturdy black dwarven pack, a frayed dwarven war harness, a steel blue mithril breastplate, some spiked blue mithril gauntlets, a wide hammered wedding band, a tightly-woven mithril alloy belt, a wide black leather sheath, a bulky tool pouch, a tartan navy and blue greatkilt, and some heavy dwarven boots.

Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Leafiara musingly says, "And there's our other one."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean exclaims, "Ello!"

Lauranathalasa says, "Hero Brumas."

Iseo says, "This is different."

Speaking affably to Brumas, Cruxophim muses, "Oh, hi."

Cryheart says, "Hello."

Thrassus says, "Too indecisive."

Brumas exclaims, "BREACH!"

Hero Brumas just went northeast.

Geijon asks, "What was Jerram doing?"

Sir Cryheart's group just went northeast.

[travel]

Leafiara says, "Must have withdrawn into the keep."

Sir Cryheart's group just went into a stout stone keep.

[Doggoroth Keep, Courtyard]

Thick stone walls wrap around the massive circular courtyard of the keep. Dwarven warriors in gleaming armor dutifully march along the heavy ramparts above.

Also here: Sir Bristenn, Juspera, Maags, Dame Evia, Mayor Lylia, Xorus, Death Knight Warclaidh, Miss Goblyn, Cruxophim, Zosopage, Soneiken, Melikor, Razanetika, Puptilian, Sir Ruffelin, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Yakushi, Pietra, Ysharra, Katiesa, Pukk, Mnar, Event Planner Leafiara, Bernadette, Lord Chamorr, Neopuron, Guarrin, Sockmo, Rasson, Iseo, Sir Geijon, Magister Raelee, Draught, Berost, Shinann, Lord Thrassus, Chaoswynd, Alasatia, Sir Cryheart, Dergoatean, Hero Brumas

Cruxophim yells, "WE'RE WEARING PANTS, CALM DOWN!"

Geijon asks, "You wanted to die?"

Pukk yells, "Brumas we come in peace!"

Lylia explains, "He wished to turn the Dark Elves into...Elves."

Brumas raises his dark blue steel sledgehammer in triumph!

Pukk quietly says, "Be sure to kill him."

Speaking dubiously to Pukk, Leafiara asks, "We do?"

Iseo says, "Giving headaches."

Lylia says, "It is not that simple."

Geijon says, "You are elves..."

Lylia dryly remarks, "To say the least."

Pietra asks, "So now what, turn some humans into dwarves or somethin?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "He doesn't know that."

Lylia says, "Yes." (to Geijon)

Iseo says, "He is confused."

Geijon says, "Back to th' dwarf."

Brumas says, "You..."

Brumas squints.

Geijon says, "Get to th' keep."

Bristenn firmly assures, "Calm, master dwarf."

Cryheart says, "We are here."

Geijon says, "We need to get them to both appear."

Berost deeply says, "We in tha keep."

Brumas says, "Thar's no bloody orcs."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "We are here to buy some cake!"

Brumas asks, "Who 'en da 'ell are ye?"

Speaking to Brumas, Lylia says, "We are not orcs."

Berost deeply says, "Me people built this keep."

Evia says, "Mayhaps this one can turn Geijon into a dwerf."

Bernadette softly says, "I ain't no orc."

Xorus says, "I wish to know if he has the blood magic to pull it off."

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "We are in search for beer."

Bristenn reasonably answers, "It's a bit of a long tale."

Cryheart asks, "Do we look like orcs?"

Geijon says, "Only if they shield bash me and block everything."

Speaking calmly to Brumas, Cruxophim assures, "Definitely not an orc."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "We're here because of an orc, it's true. One who is under a spell. Much like you are."

Brumas asks, "What da bloody 'ell are ye doin' here?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Fell magic that has taken you as part of her agenda."

Speaking pleasantly to Brumas, Cruxophim offers, "Would you like an escape from this never-ending hellscape of a demented witch's creation?"

Bristenn slowly ventures, "..just lower the sledge. We'll explain."

Brumas asks, "What?"

Dergoatean offers Brumas a stein of pale ale.

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean asks, "Talk over a beer?"

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Brumas declines Dergoatean's offer.

Brumas exclaims, "Thar's a war outside!"

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Berost says, "We here to help you and tha keep."

Iseo says, "He probably knows Clunk."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean says, "More for us."

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Pukk says, "Way to point out his horrible looking face....I mean maybe he couldn't help it."

Brumas exclaims, "Ain't no time fer beer yet!"

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "I know what this sounds like. And looks like. You have been here a long, long time."

Cryheart says, "Aye, a long time ago."

Speaking hopefully to Brumas, Cruxophim ventures, "Is that a yes?"

Leafiara helpfully says, "We killed off lots of 'em."

Iseo says, "Or maybe Clunk's grandsire."

Speaking to Brumas, Goblyn says, "There is always war here."

Geijon whispers something to Juspera.

Bristenn simply remarks, "You must be dead, then."

Cryheart says, "The war was in the past."

Bristenn flatly adds, "No dwarf would say such."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia says, "Shocking you would turn down a lovely ale."

Speaking to Brumas, Thrassus says, "It's actually 5119, you know."

Brumas exclaims, "Yer all mad!"

Speaking quietly to Brumas, Pukk says, "They are."

Brumas's entire body tenses as he tightens his grip on his dark blue steel sledgehammer.

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Some. And sometimes."

Juspera mumbles, "Well, some of them are."

Evia says, "Mmmm."

Speaking to Brumas, Leafiara says, "Well, if ya really must know, a witch placed a curse on you to trap you in an illusionary world and--"

Maags exclaims, "Now we are getting somewhere!"

Dergoatean says, "I get it, you'd like to keep your head clear."

Speaking to Brumas, Iseo asks, "I don't suppose you know Clunk do you?"

Leafiara admits, "Yeah, it does sound kinda mad."

Speaking to Brumas, Neopuron says, "That's a fair statement."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "But I'm afraid this time, we're the ones bringing you some clarity."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "He refused an ale, he is obviously a mess."

Bernadette softly says, "Lot te take in I'm sure."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "You must have felt some truth to it, too. Didn't you?"

Speaking helpfully to Leafifara, Cruxophim reminds, "Already covered that. Hellscape."

The air shimmers and a view of a swamp with imperial soldiers and Faendryl warriors fighting can be briefly seen then vanishes.

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Else you wouldn't still be listening."

Cryheart asks, "How long has your war been going on?"

Pukk quietly says, "Ah...such a good vision."

Brumas asks, "What...in da 'ell is that?"

Cryheart asks, "Too long?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "The battle across the portal, there."

Leafiara explains, "That's a second illusionary world created by the same witch."

Speaking to Brumas, Puptilian says, "The lie the witch put you in."

Brumas asks, "What sort o' voodoo did you all bring 'ere?"

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Berost says, "What would ya be needin fer us to prove it to ya? I would not be lyin to one o' me own."

Brumas asks, "Witch?"

Cryheart asks, "Do ye seem like your battle never ends?"

Evia says, "We din't bring it, it was already here."

Brumas exclaims, "Bah! Ain't no witch but mah las' two wives!"

Leafiara says, "We're trying to undo the voodoo, as it were..."

Iseo says, "I want to cry. This is just so sad. To be ever and forever in war. Feeling as the best you can hope for is to die well."

Cryheart says, "Raznel is her name."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean says, "Sorry friend, we've got a lot of bad news to hit you with tonight."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Her name is Naimorai Kestrel. And she's using you to keep her alive, and powerful."

Lylia asks, "Two wives, hm?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin asks, "Tis nay voodoo. Tis th' work o' a witch as hae trapped ye 'ere. Do ye nay feel tha' somethin' is off? Somethin' nay quite right 'ere?"

Speaking to Brumas, Cruxophim mouths, "OooOooo."

Shinann asks, "Rachel. Do you know a Rachel?"

Puptilian says, "Rachel."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Guarrin says, "I'm afraid your time has long past, friend."

Maags says, "Reallies yous should has that ale."

Speaking wryly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "I don't think she's -actually- one of his last two wives..."

Iseo says, "Please don't mock him."

Brumas squints.

Cruxophim whispers something to Goblyn.

Cryheart says, "Ye are in a perpetual state of dreams."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "I know that."

Bernadette softly says, "Sit down and have a drink."

Cryheart says, "Memories."

Brumas asks, "Has war made ye all mad?"

Speaking to Brumas, Evia says, "Sure you don't want a spit of ale, might set you to rights, a bit."

Shinann asks, "Mad as in angry or crazy?"

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr asks, "What year is it?"

Zosopage says, "War is madness to begin with."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "You've started to wonder, yourself, haven't you?"

Cryheart says, "We are nae mad friend."

Cruxophim casually reminds, "Better to ask forgiveness than permission, isn't that what they say?"

Leafiara muses, "War's some of the time I feel most alive, honestly."

Speaking to Brumas, Puptilian says, "You need a drink friend and listen to what is being told to you. A drink will help wash it down."

Iseo says, "Koar help these people."

Evia offers Brumas a stein of pale ale.

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin says, "We face a diff'rent war an' yer bein' used against us in it. Ye've been deceived. Ye've been trapped 'ere."

Evia says, "G'head."

The sky begins to slowly melt like wax, as images of both worlds slowly bleed together.

Brumas accepts Evia's pale ale.

Brumas glances at Evia.

Thrassus says, "Oh, joy."

Evia beams happily at Brumas!

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Mmm, here it comes."

Speaking to Brumas, Soneiken says, "The war has made us mad, sir, we have to dispatch you to save our lands and people from uncertain evil."

Evia says, "Give her a sip."

Cryheart asks, "Do ye ever sleep?"

Iseo says, "Who follows Koar? Kai? Maybe they can help."

Brumas asks, "Dispatch me?"

Brumas clenches his fists and a wave of energy ripples across the ground, causing it to shake violently!

You lose your footing and fall down. (everyone else falls down too)

Roundtime: 36 sec.

Brumas exclaims, "I think not!"

Cryheart says, "Ooof."

The barrier of icy blue light that was surrounding Brumas's form dissipates.

Speaking to Soneiken, Dergoatean says, "Go easy on the relevations. Let's be gentle about it."

Speaking amusedly to Brumas, Cruxophim reasons, "Then you cease to exist. Flawless logic."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "...I think dispatch has a slightly more specific meaning in this place, eh?"

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Leafiara marvels, "I really need to learn some of the spells known these centuries ago... must have been lost to the ages or something..."

Cryheart says, "I think ye hae been fighting for such a long time..ye cannae see what is happening."

Geijon whispers something to Juspera.

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Not going to do much with that barrier up."

Evia says, "Now that was uncalled for."

Chamorr heartily says, "What was that fer."

Speaking to Goblyn, Dergoatean says, "Oh come now."

Iseo says, "I really can't ever remember feeling this sad before for someone or something."

Speaking to Goblyn, Dergoatean says, "This is delicious."

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon asks, "Why knock us down like that?"

The air crackles nearby as the image of a black-winged demon soars overhead then vanishes suddenly.

Brumas exclaims, "WHAT IN THE HELL!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Dergoatean asks, "Must I spill a raccoon's blood into it before you'll accept it?"

Cryheart says, "The memory is fading."

Puptilian says, "I told you to have a drink first."

Xorus says, "They are called vathors."

Brumas asks, "Them orcs got demons!?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin says, "Tha' was understandable. Ye felt threatened. But things are nay as they seem ta ye."

Cryheart says, "Nae."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Goblyn says, "That will be much more delicious."

[Roll result: 140 (open d100: 85)]

Chamorr charges towards Brumas and attempts to grasp him in a ferocious bearhug!

Chamorr manages to catch Brumas in a tight bearhug!

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Berost says, "No. Tha witch does."

Speaking cautiously to Brumas, Bristenn answers, "They do not. The Faendryl did, however."

Cryheart says, "Tis a memory blurred with other memories."

Zosopage says, "Rachel has demons."

Speaking vaguely to Brumas, Leafiara explains, "It's a different world, folding in over this one... pretty complicated..."

Berost deeply says, "Or thems."

Chamorr crushes Brumas mercilessly!

...26 points of damage!

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Brumas, healing him of all of his wounds.

Chamorr crushes Brumas mercilessly!

...28 points of damage!

As Chamorr's vaalorn arm greaves lands home, its outer rim seems to fold inward upon itself drawing everything it touches along with it!

A steel blue mithril breastplate partially deflects the onslaught of the vacuum attack.

... 2 points of damage!

Back swells and bones crack!

Iseo says, "Why Chamorr? That isn't going to make him know."

Chamorr crushes Brumas mercilessly!

...27 points of damage!

Thrassus says, "Well, so much for convincing him."

Ruffelin exclaims, "Och, hold!"

Brumas gestures at Chamorr, and a column of shadows rises up and engulfs him, tossing him through the air like a rag doll! The pillar of darkness melts into the ground.

Leafiara curiously says, "Taking things into your own very big hands."

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Brumas, healing him of all of his wounds.

Pukk quietly says, "Bear is giving him a bear hug."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean asks, "Ever get the feeling you've been stuck for a long time?"

Brumas growls ferociously!

Pukk quietly says, "How adorable."

Geijon says, "Not all of them going willingly."

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon exclaims, "Brumas!"

Cryheart asks, "Ye feel like ye been in a battle forever?"

Speaking to Geijon, Ruffelin says, "Nay, but 'e should be gie a chance ta understand..."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "I hope we can do a better job of showing our mettle. By asking what you've seen."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean asks, "Like things just kind of happen the same over and over?"

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon says, "You are a ghost. We are one thousand years beyond you. Your life ended and was trapped."

Xorus says, "Impessive sorcery, dwarf lord."

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon says, "Understand and relent."


Breaking Through

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Alasatia!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Bristenn suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone, including...)

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Brumas suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

Ruffelin says, "Bah."

Evia asks, "See?"

Brumas exclaims, "What in the hell!"

Evia says, "Too blunt."

Pukk quietly says, "Well..."

Geijon says, "Form."

Guarrin deeply says, "Oh great."

Brumas screams!

Brumas drops a stein of pale ale.

Xorus says, "Welcome to my home, the Southron Wastes."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "I suppose..."

Iseo says, "It is confusing."

Speaking confidently to Brumas, Leafiara says, "Told ya."

Brumas raises his dark blue steel sledgehammer in triumph!

Speaking gently to Brumas, Cruxophim consoles, "There, there."

Brumas exclaims, "Where the bloody 'ell am I!"

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean says, "I really do think you'll want the ale."

Cryheart says, "Nae your keep."

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon asks, "Stop. Dont you want to choose th' glory of your death?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "This is as good a way to convince you as any."

Bernadette softly says, "Yer caught in a replay of memories."

Bristenn slowly observes, "..and in a moment, master dwarf, you'll get to meet the late Earl Jerram Happersett, Eastern Sentinel of the Turamzzyrian Empire."

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin says, "Time is unstable 'ere. This should prove ta ye tha' wha' we say has merit."

Speaking to Brumas, Leafiara says, "This would be that other world, and an entirely other war..."

Cryheart says, "The memory has shifted."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "He's trapped here, too."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia says, "This is a sort of odd place isn't it."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "And also long dead."

Geijon says, "These memories are going to meld."

Speaking to Brumas, Sockmo asks, "You need a follower of Voln to release your poor trapped spirit and send it on it's merry way?"

Speaking quietly to Brumas, Lylia says, "You are in another's thoughts. As we were in yours."

Bristenn simply adds, "Trapped in the same," he gestures, vaguely, "Considerable nightmare you are. Though functionally dissimilar."

Speaking cautiously to Sockmo, Leafiara says, "He's not quite undead, exactly."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Just.. stuck."

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin says, "Ye are bein' used. Yer a tool, a pawn in a witch's game."

Speaking to Brumas, Iseo says, "However, your heirs live and are respected everywhere. The world looks up to them. You did leave a legacy. I am sure."

Speaking to Bristenn, Geijon asks, "You expect them to fight one another?"

The wall of worlds begins to fail as the very air behind Brumas melts away, revealing Doggoroth Keep and Talador behind him, the swamp before him.

Sockmo says, "How can I tell, I am rather blind."

Ysharra says, "The Earl will prove a harder challenge, I think..."

Speaking to Raelee, Bristenn corrects, "Aesthetically dissimilar?"

Thrassus asks, "Perhaps we should introduce him to Jerram?"

Speaking helpfully to Brumas, you say, "Iseo does raise a good point. You're a famed hero."

Iseo says, "I hope he knows."

Speaking distractedly to Bristenn, Raelee asks, "... what?"

Speaking deeply in Giantman to Geijon, Guarrin asks something you don't understand.

Hero Brumas just went east.

Ysharra says, "He has another illusion he brought with him, after all."

[the group gives chase as Brumas continues withdrawing]

Sockmo says, "Besides I am not a volner."

Evia says, "Oh damns."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Berost says, "Tha Egrentek built a good keep. Ya should be proud."

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Hero Brumas just went east.

[Doggoroth Keep, Courtyard]

Thick stone walls wrap around the massive circular courtyard of the keep. Dwarven warriors in gleaming armor dutifully march along the heavy ramparts above. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around and a volatile aurora spirit that is flying around.

Brumas says, "I..."

Brumas blinks.

Brumas gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Geijon says, "Brumas."

Speaking uncomfortably to Raelee, Bristenn answers, "Nevermind."

Hero Brumas just went west.

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Southron Wastes, Murky Morass]

The web of branches overhead are draped with tendrils of wispy moss that gently waver with even the softest breeze. Strands hang down over the water, their pale verdigris hues reflecting upon the dark, mirror-like surface. A snake drops down from its aerie perch quietly, slipping into the pool and swimming toward the shore. You also see a stein of pale ale.

Brumas blinks.

Brumas gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Ysharra says, "Stay with us, sirrah."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Berost says, "An it be time to let go."

[Roll result: 147 (open d100: 76)]

Geijon hurls himself at Brumas and connects!

Geijon knocks Brumas flat and quickly jumps to his feet!

Brumas says, "...it's...."

Brumas growls ferociously!

Speaking gently to Brumas, Leafiara says, "I'm sure it's shocking, but... it's like we said, truly..."

Iseo says, "Oh stop."

Cryheart says, "He is confused."

Brumas gestures at Geijon, and a spark of icy blue light flashes before his eyes, stunning him.

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "Its a mess, ain't it? Ya beginning to see now huh?"

Brumas stands up.

Geijon exclaims, "You aren't listening!"

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

Speaking to Geijon, Dergoatean says, "He's getting there."

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin asks, "Speak ta yer kin in this party. Ye willnae doubt them, will ye?"

Iseo says, "Give him time for pete's sake."

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Geijon in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

Geijon skillfully interposes his maul between himself and the incoming strike, deflecting it harmlessly to the side!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

Geijon gauges the attack and expertly parries it with his rune-scribed maul!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

AS: +393 vs DS: +772 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +95 = -245

A clean miss.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

AS: +393 vs DS: +772 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +99 = -241

A clean miss.

Brumas growls ferociously!

Speaking to Brumas, Ruffelin says, "Speak in yer ain tongue."

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon says, "Kill me."

Leafiara calls upon a guiding spirit, invoking its power.

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

An invisible force guides Brumas.

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon says, "I won't defend myself."

Cruxophim waves a bone-inlaid rotting wyrwood wand etched with eldritch sigils at Brumas.

As Cruxophim moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cruxophim!

... 1 point of damage!

Near miss! Ice particles sting Cruxophim's eye and he blinks rapidly.

A blood red haze eddies and swirls around Brumas before it dissipates.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Geijon!

AS: +861 vs DS: +430 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +24 = +494

... and hits for 81 points of damage!

Mighty swing separates head from shoulders.

Geijon drops dead at your feet!

Leafiara offhandedly says, "Well, if ya say so..."

Shadows leap from the surroundings, engulfing Geijon's body!

Cruxophim thoughtfully notes, "Curious."

Brumas exclaims, "WHAT!"

Dergoatean says, "If I were trapped in something like this for an eternity, I think I'd need more than 5 minutes to come around."

Evia says, "Well that was useful for nothing."

Brumas asks, "Where did he go!?"

Sockmo exclaims, "My word!"

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Geez, never has my Spirit Strike helped -that- much before--"

Ruffelin says, "Back ta 'is ain time."

Melikor says, "Well, he did ask."

Pukk quietly says, "Well you did ask for it."

Cryheart says, "He was transported to his own time."

Speaking to Brumas, Lylia says, "There can be no death here. And...not really life."

Rasson says, "Ask and you shall recieve."

Speaking to Brumas, Iseo says, "Please listen to those with the quiet voices that are asking you to listen."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Guarrin adds, "Our time."

A voice echoes in the distance, "Be transformed!"

Lylia explains, "It is as my friends have been telling you."

Speaking affably to Brumas, Cruxophim offers, "I can show you!"

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "See how that fellah just vanished? It ain't natural is it? Ya beginning to see?"

Leafiara musingly says, "Ah, and there's the other one."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "I'm afraid the only true death here is what was brought by the witch we speak of."

vBrumas says, "Where..."

Ruffelin asks, "Are there nay dwarves 'ere as kin speak ta 'im in is ain language an' try ta convince 'im?"

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean says, "There's someone else nearby like you. Trapped like you."

Brumas touches the air and it shimmers around his hands. He turns his hands around, bending the very air.

Cryheart says, "Perhaps ye should meet him."

Speaking to Brumas, Lylia says, "Stay with us. You may learn more, as we have."

Speaking encouragingly to Brumas, Leafiara says, "Come with us. Maybe in seeing how insane the other person is, you'll come to understand."

Brumas asks, "Where...are you from?"

Iseo says, "I wish Clunk were here. He knows your full history."

Speaking to Brumas, Dergoatean says, "A different time and place."

Cryheart says, "Wehnimer's Landing, year 5119."

Brumas nods at Cryheart.

Speaking softly to Brumas, Razanetika says, "Not where.. when."

Evia says, "Uhm where? uhm ..somewhere far away and long time away too."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Guarrin says, "Where is a good start. When is a better question."

[travel as Brumas explores and Cryheart leads on to follow him]

Sockmo says, "Wow, an air bender, I thought they were myth."

A voice echoes in the distance, "Come! Come and be transformed!"

Iseo says, "Conrash! He knows! Clunk talks to him all the time."

Cryheart says, "This is a memory only."

Cryheart says, "This is a memory only."

Speaking deeply in Dwarven to Brumas, Berost says something you don't understand.

Cruxophim: "Found Jerram."

Speaking approvingly to Brumas, Leafiara says, "I do like your spirit. Good ol' dwarven fellowship."

Speaking quietly to Brumas, Pukk says, "Time is a very weird thing. I would tell you a joke but you didn't like it."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "Ya hearing that crazy yellling friend?"

Speaking deeply in Dwarven to Brumas, Berost says something you don't understand.

A voice echoes in the distance, "Come! Do not look back! Where have you gone?"

Brumas grins at Berost.

Geijon says, "That is Jerram."

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Juspera says, "Well we don't know everything. If we can die in this illusion... that's a kind of transformation... so..."

Pukk yells, "Nobody's here!"

Brumas says, "I think yer ole loud boy be callin' to ye."

Sockmo asks, "Be transformed?"

Speaking musingly to Juspera, Leafiara says, "Hmm, maybe to him only a moment has passed since we all disappeared..." (referring to Jerram)

Juspera says, "Uh."

Brumas asks, "5119 you said eh?"

Brumas peers quizzically at Cryheart.

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "Not natural is it..understanding yet that something be terribly wrong with this world?"

Brumas grins wickedly.

Speaking deeply in Dwarven to Brumas, Berost says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Brumas, Geijon asks, "I live. I did not harm you. Why did you end my connection to my soul?"

Bernadette softly says, "We tryin to help ye."

Brumas wanders off into the portal, sledgehammer over his shoulder and vanishes into the light.

Speaking quietly to Geijon, Pukk says, "Because you asked him to."

Evia says, "Yikes."

Leafiara confusedly says, "Hm."

Ruffelin says, "Uh oh."

Juspera says, "What..."

Guarrin deeply says, "Oh bloody."

Thrassus says, "Well, that was unexpected."

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a shimmering silver portal.

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak]

You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a shimmering silver portal, a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees and a cedar chip path.

(but he's nowhere to be seen)

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "Maybe he will clean up the Landing."

Geijon asks, "Is that bad?"

Iseo says, "I think he went on. I hope he went on."

Juspera exclaims, "He can't do that!"

Leafiara curiously says, "Well, I guess now we'll finally see what happens when a paragon comes into our time."

Evia asks, "Maybe?"

Pukk quietly asks, "Quick anybody have a piece of iron to throw in the lake?"

Speaking deeply to Geijon, Guarrin says, "Can't be good."

Evia says, "That was rather abrupt though."


Return to Jerram

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a shimmering silver portal.

Pukk quietly says, "Too late."

Cryheart says, "I could nae sight him."

A voice echoes in the distance, "Come! Be reborn!"

Cryheart says, "He just disappeared."

Ruffelin asks, "Mayhap when 'e crossed th' portal 'e ceased ta exist?"

Lylia says, "Then find the other."

Juspera nervously says, "We have to go back to that human."

Ysharra says, "...perhaps that ended his..."

[travel]

Zosopage asks, "Who is calling him? Raznel?"

Ysharra says, "Maybe."

Iseo says, "Maybe he went... you know. To the next journey."

Soneiken says, "I think it is the witch, yes."

Pukk yells, "If you have a sense of humor, join Cholen, if you don't then join Cryheart!"

[travel]

Ruffelin says, "Tis verra like a dwarf ta gae an follow 'is curious nature. We should hae expected it."

[Southron Wastes, Mountain Range]

Five spires, each one crooked and knobby, rise from the foothills of the sandy wasteland. A keening canine wail echos off the mountain's barren rock, its source not readily identifiable. You also see a tenebrous eight-pointed cruciform of blood suspended mid-air.

Also here: Sir Bristenn, Juspera, Maags, Dame Evia, Mayor Lylia, Xorus, Zosopage, Soneiken, Sir Geijon, Melikor, Razanetika, Sir Ruffelin, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Yakushi, Pietra, Ysharra, Katiesa, Pukk, Bernadette, Neopuron, Guarrin, Sockmo, Rasson, Event Planner Leafiara, Iseo, Magister Raelee, Draught, Berost, Shinann, Lord Thrassus, Chaoswynd, Alasatia, Lord Chamorr, Sir Cryheart, Cruxophim, Sentinel Jerram

Berost deeply says, "If he be drawn to tha witch tho ..."

Jerram says, "Yes..."

Jerram exclaims, "You have returned!"

Jerram asks, "Perhaps with more?"

Soneiken says, "We must stop him."

Speaking quietly to Berost, Pukk asks, "Which witch?"

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Can't help but thinking that "be reborn" guy keeps reminding me of Box in Logan's Run."

Speaking affably to Jerram, Leafiara agrees, "Indeed. The return part, at least."

Juspera strides a few steps forward.

Juspera nods at Jerram.

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Summon th' dwarf to you."

Speaking to Jerram, Pietra says, "Calm down, fella."

Xorus says, "Purity for one and all."

Jerram points at Juspera.

Juspera winces.

Dergoatean: "Really easy to get lost in this place! Places. Whatever it is."

Jerram says, "Yes! Returned."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Otherwise, we've no discussion."

Cryheart: "Agree."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "You do have a certain bravery, for someone who hides under my arm so much."

Juspera glances sharply at Ysharra.

Jerram asks, "Are you ready?"

Juspera asks, "I'm ready?"

Speaking quietly to Juspera, Pukk asks, "You like snuggling with the spike thorns too eh?"

Juspera fidgets.

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Fresh as harvest day!"

Juspera nods at Jerram.

Jerram says, "Others may come, so they can see your transformation and perhaps those of darkness can find the same light."

Dergoatean: "Did you all walk back to the Waste from the keep, or get zapped there?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Leafiara speculates, "I don't think it'll do anything. Her plan is fantastic to make him see the truth, if I'm right."

Lylia pointedly says, "Yes. Those who dwell in darkness must be made to see the light."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "That's a lot of darkness to give up."

Juspera closes her eyes for a moment.

Juspera seems to be waiting for something.

Speaking to Jerram, Evia asks, "Does this transforming thing hurt?"

Speaking disdainfully to Jerram, Cruxophim mutters, "Well, stay away from me, fellow."

Cryheart: "Don't use the vine."

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin says, "Wha' if they kin 'see th' light' wi'out bein' transformed. If they kin 'see th' light' o' their ain accord."

Jerram turns, and the wall of a cavern opens up, revealing a path inside to the east.

Jerram says, "Come..."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Iseo offers Juspera a square of black licorice.

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.


Purity Tomb

[Wasteland Cavern, Purity Tomb]

The walls of the earthen chamber are darkened by age and old blood. Chains hang from the ceiling, some with hooks still stained with fresh blood. Set into the ground is a dark red sigil, a deep gold sigil, and a shadowy black sigil. You also see a pile of dark elven corpses and a stained stone slab.

Juspera sighs.

Iseo says, "Eat that first."

Evia says, "Oh nooooo."

Leafiara slowly says, "Ohhh... -that- kind of purity."

Cryheart: "Try the vine."

Guarrin deeply says, "Oh...."

Speaking to Juspera, Ruffelin says, "Kai be wi' ye, Juspera."

Juspera glances between Jerram and a pile of dark elven corpses.

Jerram says, "Welcome to the Purity Tomb."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "This is the transformation you are asking after?"

Jerram says, "Those...do not mind them."

Evia says, "Ghastly."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia hisses something you don't understand.

(Juspera freezes, her mouth open.)

>look corp

There are countless, dozens and dozens, of Faendryl corpses dismissively tossed in a corner of the chamber, their bodies broken or brutalized and covered in numerous lacerations. Their blood has pooled along the ground and long ago permanently stained it.

Pukk quietly asks, "Purity or pretty?"

Cryheart: "From the 5 spires...go east."

Iseo says, "Should have taken the candy. It really does make one see sense."

Jerram says, "Their hearts were too hardened. Too dark."

Jerram says, "Beyond restoration."

Ruffelin asks, "Wha' d'ye call this?! Ye purify 'em inta death?"

Speaking pleasantly to Jerram, Cruxophim jokes, "Funny, I call mine that too."

Rasson says, "Nice as far as tombs go."

Speaking in Giantman, Draught says something you don't understand.

Juspera stares at a pile of dark elven corpses.

Speaking in Elven, Shinann says, "Do not do this."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon asks, "You were th' Eastern Sentinel. What would allow this xenophobia?"

Speaking in Giantman, Evia exclaims something you don't understand.

Speaking weakly in Elven to Shinann, Juspera says, "I was going to... become fair."

Speaking to Geijon, Thrassus asks, "Imperial policy, perhaps?"

Speaking in Elven, Shinann says, "I know."

Speaking in Elven, Shinann says, "Do not."

Pukk quietly says, "Somebody is good at decorating."

Jerram asks, "Were?"

Jerram says, "I am."

Juspera glances at Jerram.

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "You died one thousand years ago to us."

The barrier of icy blue light that was surrounding Jerram's form dissipates.

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Speaking affably to Juspera, Cruxophim advises, "Follow your heart."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Or you are about to."

Jerram says, "Please."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Jerram points at a stained stone slab.

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "Being an elf can't be the worst thing in the world, you could be a dwarf."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra asks, "Perhaps it's not the dark elves who were hardened, hm?"

Speaking heartily to Jerram, Chamorr asks, "What year is this?"

Jerram says, "Lie down on that. I will wait for the others."

Speaking to Juspera, Geijon says, "Stop, Juspera."

Evia says, "No no no no."

Juspera glances uneasily at Jerram.

Pukk quietly says, "Since you asked so nicely."

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin asks, "Wha' d'ye expect ta happen ta Juspera when ye transform 'er. Kin ye explain ta us, please?"

Juspera glances at Thrassus.

(Pukk lies down on the slab.)

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin asks, "An' if wha' happens is different frae wha' ye expect, will ye listen ta us?"

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Your corruption is absolute."

Maags says, "Yous will not has existed."

Speaking quietly to Cruxophim, Pukk exclaims, "My slab!"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Evia exclaims, "That pile be his failures, he failed and thats what happens!"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Goblyn says, "He does wish to show, not to be doing this explaining."

vSpeaking to Ysharra, Juspera whispers aloud, "What's going on?"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "It's like your cave, isn't it?"

Cryheart: "When you find the mountain range keep in it."

Juspera's face turns slightly pale.

Melikor shifts his eyes to a deep gold sigil.

Speaking dubiously to Geijon, Cruxophim muses, "Seems rather the opposite of corruption to me."

Speaking to Evia, Ruffelin says, "Methinks 'tis success by th' reckonin' in this time."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "How changed were we when we left?"

(Lylia moves closer to the shadowy black sigil until she stands just beside it.)

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "This isn't going to end like you hope. Or how he wants."

Lylia points her clockwork staff at the area directly in front of her.

Jerram says, "Do not mind those."

Jerram nods at Lylia.v

Juspera reaches out and touches a dark red sigil.

Speaking to Juspera, Iseo says, "Why do you think an ancient human can do anything that matters? He isn't even an elf."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Geijon says, "We've done this before."

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin asks, "Please, explain ta us wha' will occur durin' th' transformation process. Wha' should we expect ta see?"

Lylia says, "Oh? And why not? I always mind most what people tell me not to mind..."

Juspera mumbles, "I just thought... I was going to be a regular elf."

(Lylia prods at the sigil with the silver-shod tip of her staff, not quite touching it.)

Shinann says, "I do not think it will turn out that way..."

Speaking thoughtfully to Juspera, Cruxophim ventures, "It may still be possible."

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin asks, "An' if wha' happens isnae what ye describe ta us, will ye please hear us out?"

Iseo says, "You are a wonderful elf just as you are. Don't listen to that puritanical idiot."

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "Those are just shed skins."

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I wonder if they thought the same."

Speaking curiously in Elven to Juspera, Leafiara says, "Would make more of a difference if that would be a different lifespan, but for you it wouldn't..."

Speaking softly to Juspera, Razanetika exclaims, "There is nothing wrong with the elf that you are!"

Iseo says, "Dark light green yellow. Just be you."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk asks, "What if I said not to mind minding what they want you to mind?"

Jerram says, "Everyone is noise..."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Lylia gestures at a dark red sigil.

Nothing happens.

Xorus scribes a hazy, dark sigil into the air, fusing elemental and spiritual power.

Shinann says, "I mean... look at this cave."

Juspera whimpers.

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "Including you."

Xorus gestures at a shadowy black sigil.

Nothing happens.

[lots more casting throughout by Lylia, Melikor, and Xorus]

Jerram says, "Stop...and...be reborn."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Juspera picks idly at a stained stone slab.

Bernadette softly asks, "Have a listen, wot could it hurt?"

Jerram says, "Please. Lay down on the slab."

Cryheart says, "I think he dinnae recall the truth of the purification."

Juspera frustratedly says, "I don't understand."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "You are no sentinel we can follow. We renounce your leadership."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra asks, "Has it ever worked?"

Speaking to Jerram, Iseo says, "You shame me. You should not involve yourself this is not your place."

Shinann says, "If you do not understand then do not do it."

Jerram glances between Melikor and Lylia.

Speaking to Lylia, Dergoatean says, "I'm tempted to start casting everything in the book at the sigil, but I'm not sure I want what happens next."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "No just lord would state such a command."

Speaking slowly to Juspera, Goblyn says, "He is maybe making you -better-, in the way that he does see it as better."

Jerram says, "There is no need. Please cease that."

Jerram says, "I will not ASK YOU AGAIN."

Jerram glances at Xorus.

Speaking deeply in Giantman to Geijon, Guarrin says something you don't understand.

Lylia notes, "You have not asked me once. You have ordered me."

Maags says, "If yous do this yous will not exist in yous lifetime or ours."

Iseo asks, "Who gave him the right or mandate to do this?"

Jerram moves to stand in front of Juspera.

Lylia lightly says, "Ask anyone. I do not take kindly to orders."

Jerram says, "Please, on the slab."

Geijon recites:

"Get ready to engage"

Speaking to Juspera, Ruffelin says, "Yer a brave lass. Wha' 'e expects will not occur. Ye'll disappear from 'ere as Geijon did."

Jerram says, "Let us restore you to your elven form."

Juspera gazes with a bemused expression at Jerram.

Pukk quietly says, "Unless they order her to not take kindly to orders...then she gets confused."

Speaking nervously to Jerram, Juspera says, "I want to believe you, but you have to explain the bodies."

Cruxophim calmly reminds, "It's her choice. That's what you lot go on about all the time, isn't it? Choice? Freedom?"

Jerram nods at Juspera.

(OOC) Razanetika's player whispers to the group, "Perhaps if three of you with magicks attacked the sigils together at same time?"

Speaking to Juspera, Ruffelin says, "Aye, git 'im ta tell ye."

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "You have heard these kinds of promises before."

Pukk abruptly punches at a dark red sigil!

Jerram says, "The bodies are those whose hearts were too hardened. Too dark still."

Pukk quietly says, "I tried."

Juspera glances at Ysharra.

Speaking pointedly to Ysharra, Cruxophim reminds, "So have I."

Maags says, "It is her choice but she is confused."

Jerram says, "They did not survive."

Evia says, "Baloney."

Jerram says, "I know you will."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Geijon asks, "Who can convince Juspera?"

Speaking to Goblyn, Juspera whispers aloud, "But you could raise me if I died?"

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "Then perhaps you are the one who needs to be transformed."

Speaking to Geijon, Leafiara muses, "...only herself."

Speaking firmly to Ysharra, Cruxophim reminds, "And I'm still here because of it. Do you think what I would were it not for such would still be your ally?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Sleep her."

Speaking to Jerram, Evia asks, "Where's the ones what made it???"

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin asks, "Sae, if 'er heart is too hard, she'll fall inta yer pile o' bodies, aye?"

Iseo asks, "Do they look like they got raised?"

Geijon says, "Our limit is close."

Speaking amusedly to Goblyn, Cruxophim urges, "Do it."

Speaking noncommittally to Juspera, Goblyn says, "Maybe. Maybe not. It is depending on his methods."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon exclaims, "Sentinel!"

Juspera fidgets.

Jerram moves to stand in front of Juspera.

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "What are you doing? You have knights amongst you."

Cryheart asks, "Are the corpses a result of the purification, Jerram?"

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Jerram whispers something to Juspera.

Juspera closes her eyes for a moment.

Geijon says, "Stop him."

Juspera reaches out and touches a stained stone slab.

Juspera sits down next to a stained stone slab.

Speaking to Jerram, Evia says, "Eh you been at this for centuries and not one good transform to show for it, just husks."

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at a shadowy black sigil.

Lylia casts at the black sigil and one of the runes begins to flare with strong glow.

Iseo whispers to the group, "If you think I can help in any way just let me know."

Maags says, "She can stop him."

Maags says, "If she wishes."

Evia whispers to the group, "Your guess is as good as anyones."

Bristenn loudly sighs, "The corpses are not real. Nor is the ritual."

Speaking to Juspera, Geijon says, "He is trapped a thousand years ago. This pains us all."

Sockmo asks, "Put a corpse on the slab an do something to the sgil?"

Jerram says, "You will survive it."

Dergoatean says, "No dispelling it, detecting, removing disease or poison from it."

Jerram nods at Juspera.

Jerram says, "I know you will."

Speaking to Jerram, Juspera says, "You don't know what I've done. I'm not so sure my heart's not... too far gone."

Speaking to Jerram, Iseo asks, "How do you know?"

Dergoatean says, "And no uncursing it, either."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Guarrin deeply says, "Makes you wonder. Did he actually do this, or just want to."

Speaking to Bristenn, Rasson says, "The corpses may not be, but I think the ritual will be effective... in something."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Bristenn reminds, "Recall the distorted fantasies the other phylacteries constructed. The late earl has clearly lost his wits."

Soneiken says, "The third sigil is charged."

Ruffelin says, "Allow Juspera ta follow through on this an be proof, as Geijon was."

Ruffelin says, "IF tha's 'er choice."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "I'd never follow your leadership as my liege."

(Juspera lies back onto the slab.)

Juspera lies down.

Jerram exclaims, "GET AWAY FROM THOSE!"

Evia says, "Clearly."

Soneiken says, "Get the other two."

(Juspera brings one arm up to cover her eyes.)

Goblyn whispers something to Juspera.

Jerram points at Lylia and he suddenly looks tired.

Speaking helpfully to Juspera, Cruxophim offers, "Stell into the runes."

Jerram points at Xorus and he suddenly looks tired.

Dergoatean traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Dergoatean gestures at a dark red sigil.

Dergoatean casts at the red sigil and one of the runes begins to flare with strong glow.

Jerram points at Dergoatean and he suddenly looks tired.

Cruxophim corrects, "Step, also."

Dergoatean says, "Didn't like that."

Lylia hisses, "Do not trifle with me like this."

Iseo says, "Oh well."

A wavering image of sanguinous pustules erupting from his flesh forms across Xorus's hands and lips as he intones a chant...

Xorus gestures at a deep gold sigil.

Xorus casts at the gold sigil and one of the runes begins to flare with strong glow.

The sigil suddenly pulses with tendrils of essence, and Xorus suddenly disappears.

Geijon says, "Stop him."

Juspera trembles.

Sockmo asks, "Do something with the runes?"

Geijon says, "He's insane."

Jerram scowls.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Alasatia glances at Jerram.

Geijon says, "He's insane."

Lylia asks, "...Xorus?"


Battling the Sentinel

Jerram exclaims, "BE PURIFIED!"

Jerram swings a gleaming gold-runed maul at Juspera!

AS: +892 vs DS: +370 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +74 = +637

... and hits for 177 points of damage!

Hard hit shatters weapon arm.

Juspera drops dead at your feet!

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra asks, "See?"

Speaking in Guildspeak to Jerram, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

Rasson says, "That did not work well."

Cryheart says, "She still appears to be a dark elf."

Iseo says, "And still a dark elf."

Geijon exclaims, "Raise her. Protect her soul!"

Thrassus says, "Guess it didn't work after all."

The ghostly voice of Juspera quietly asks, "What do I look like? What am I?"

Jerram swings a gleaming gold-runed maul at Alasatia!

Some sculpted tenebrous leathers vertically strapped at the ribcage partially deflects the onslaught of the crushing attack.

Jerram swings a gleaming gold-runed maul at Alasatia!

A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around Alasatia and blocks the attack!

An unpleasant sense of deja vu settles over you as you sense fluctuations in the mana fields surrounding Alasatia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia exclaims something you don't understand.

Speaking to Jerram, Evia exclaims, "Ya killed her!"

Speaking to Juspera, Leafiara says, "You're still you..."

Jerram swings a gleaming gold-runed maul at Alasatia!

AS: +892 vs DS: +893 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +51 = +88

A clean miss.

Bristenn slowly corrects, "..apparently the ritual is a hammering."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "All your attempts are cursed, because you are cursed."

Jerram swings a gleaming gold-runed maul at Alasatia!

Alasatia dodges just in the nick of time!

Speaking amicably to Juspera, Leafiara says, "Just as good as ever."

Geijon asks, "Dispel th' sigils?"

Alasatia glances at Jerram and yawns.

Bristenn draws a glowing pattern in the air before Jerram.

Jerram's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.

Guarrin deeply says, "Oh good. I know that ritual too."

The walls begin to shift and you briefly see Xorus standing before a silver cocoon.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Geijon, Soneiken says, "I'm tryin."

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Jerram, healing him of all of his wounds.

Thrassus says, "That's... unusual."

Evia asks, "Are we unraveling?"

The ghostly voice of Juspera quietly says, "It didn't work because my heart's too black. You know it."

Dergoatean says, "If you've got spare mana, consider sending it to sorcerer friends." (to cast at the sigils, I believe)

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "I don't think you were the problem, my friend."v

Jerram's eyes flutter as he wakes up.

Speaking firmly to Juspera, Leafiara says, "No, just swinging a maul is not some fancy race-altering magic."

Speaking to Juspera, Goblyn says, "It is not this black, Juspera. We will maybe cut it out and be showing you in some time."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon exclaims, "What is wrong with you!"

Dergoatean says, "Sorcerer spells are what have charged these sigils, and this Jerram doesn't like it."

Chamorr heartily says, "It dinna work cause hes a psycho."

The walls begin to shift and slowly peel open to the east.

Iseo says, "Who else is a sorcerer besides Lylia."

Geijon says, "Dwarves..."

Jerram clenches his fists and a wave of energy ripples across the ground, causing it to shake violently!

You lose your footing and fall down.

Roundtime: 36 sec.

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Ysharra says, "Dergoatean is also a sorcerer, and Melikor."

Cryheart says, "The memory you are trapped in, is fading."

Iseo says, "Of for pete's sake."

Evia says, "Damnit."

Sentinel Jerram just arrived.

Cryheart says, "Jerram."

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "Xorus cocoon to the east!"

Neopuron gestures slowly as the ground begins to tremble in response to his incantation...

A uniformed imperial soldier just arrived!

Neopuron gestures at Jerram.

The ground beneath Jerram suddenly frosts and rumbles violently!

Icy stalagmites burst from the ground beneath Jerram!

[SMR result: -6 (Open d100: 45)]

He dodges out of the way!

Jerram gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Goblyn whispers something to Juspera.

[combat]

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara gestures at Jerram.

[SMR result: 38 (Open d100: 25)]

A distant melody gives Jerram pause, but nothing comes of it.

[ongoing combat; no spells seem to get through his barrier except Earthen Fury, Condemn, and Spike Thorn]

Speaking quietly to Jerram, Pukk exclaims, "That was fun!"

[combat]

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "We could use some help tearing this apart."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon exclaims, "You call yourself a sentinel. You are a coward!"

[until you see the next room description, just fil in 14000--yes, 14000--lines of combat amidst the occasional diaogue]]

Cryheart yells, "Destroy that cocoon!"

Draught says, "Sentinel Jerram should probably look into that cocoon."

Bristenn quickly remarks, "Keep the earl occupied, as it were."

Pukk quietly says, "There."

Leafiara eagerly says, "My pleasure..."

Speaking disinterestedly to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Cruxophim remarks, "Eh."

Jerram clenches his fists and a wave of energy ripples across the ground, causing it to shake violently! You lose your footing and fall down.

Roundtime changed to 20 seconds.

Roundtime: 23 sec.

Cryheart says, "Ooof."

Iseo says, "OH I hate that."

Juspera says, "Pull me up --"

The walls shift and Talador and the Doggoroth Keep opens up on the other side.

Draught yells, "We're under attack!"

Leafiara curiously says, "Hm."

Evia says, "ITS all coming apart or...something."

Berost deeply says, "Demons." (oculoths indeed)

Jerram exclaims, "The Faendryl demons!!"

Evia says, "Oh mother of yuck."

Sentinel Jerram just went west.

Sentinel Jerram just arrived.

Jerram raises his hands toward the sky and a flash of icy blue light shoots forth from the tips of his fingers! The brilliant light swirls through the area, striking everyone in its path!

Draught is struck by a massive ball of ice...

... 15 points of damage!

Nice blow to neck!

He is stunned!

(and likewise everyone else)

The ghostly voice of Sockmo says, "That went well."

Jerram points at Alasatia and he suddenly looks tired.

Jerram points at Cruxophim and he suddenly looks tired.

Jerram waves his hand at you, and you feel your mana being violently ripped from you! (OOC: presenting this in first person because I think it's possible that this is the first-person view of the above two messages despite outwardly looking different from the third-person)

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Sentinel Jerram just arrived.

From nearby, you hear Bristenn yell, "How're we holding back there, lads?"

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "Still tearing down this cocoon!"

Draught says, "Arghh."

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Draught says, "Frozen in place."

Sentinel Jerram just arrived.

Evia says, "Wonders never cease."

Speaking to Jerram, Alasatia says, "Naughty." (was attacking her; again, boatloads of combat left out)

From nearby, you hear Bristenn yell, "We've almost this cocoon!"

From nearby, you hear Lylia yell, "Come and witness your own transformation!"

Bernadette softly says, "Dun hit lasses."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Ouch!"

Cryheart says, "Ooof."

The ghost of Geijon whispers something to Goblyn.

Speaking softly to Iseo, Razanetika says, "Sorry gram mama."

The ghostly voice of Iseo says, "I didn't even attack him."

Chaoswynd whispers to the group, "Have we lost all of the healers?"

The ghost of Geijon whispers something to Goblyn.

Evia says, "NO."

Evia says, "NO."

Evia says, "NO."

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Leafiara defiantly exclaims, "You'll not win this, ya scum!"

Jerram just arrived, dragging Lylia with him.

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "Oh that's right...hit me when I'm down....actually that was a good idea."

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Draught says, "Not good..."

Jerram just arrived, dragging Juspera with him.

The ghostly voice of Iseo says, "Well dang."

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Jerram just arrived, dragging Katiesa with him.

The ghostly voice of Geijon exclaims, "Jerram!"

The ghostly voice of Bernadette softly exclaims, "Get em !"

From nearby, you hear Lylia yell, "You want transformation? Come and witness it!"

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Pukk says, "It's not bad being down here...I get to watch the fight without being hit...except they keep stepping all over me."

The ghostly voice of Iseo exclaims, "Go team go!"

Speaking to Iseo, Leafiara assures, "On it!"

The ghostly voice of Iseo exclaims, "Yay Leafi!"

The ghostly voice of Iseo exclaims, "Nice one Zoso!"

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "Get th' scout." (imperial scout)

The ghostly voice of Iseo exclaims, "Oh Good one Neo!"

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Jerram just arrived, dragging Lylia with him.

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "See, I told you water kills...especially hard water like ice."

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "Avoid summoners."

The ghostly voice of Sockmo exclaims, "Keep fighting, you've got em licked!"

From nearby, you hear Lylia yell, "No!"

The ghostly voice of Razanetika softly exclaims, "Get em Leafi!"

Sentinel Jerram just went east.

Goblyn yells, "What is this no?"

Evia exclaims, "Gods damnit!"

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "Invisible, inconsequential me..."

Goblyn dreamily says, "It is very pretty in this place..."

The ghostly voice of Iseo exclaims, "You can do it Leafi!"

The ghostly voice of Geijon says, "So many dead..."

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Pukk says, "You just like the slab and the corpses."

The ghostly voice of Iseo asks, "What happened to Crux?"

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Pukk says, "Maybe we can redecorate your office to look more like this."

Cryheart yells, "Jerram disappeared!"

Sockmo says, "Geeze, I never stood a chance here."

Leafiara says, "Checking in.. to the east..."

>e


End of the Eastern Sentinel

[Wasteland Cavern]

The walls of the cavern are covered in patches of misshapen flesh, each connected to the next by a series of ichor-covered black veins. Tiny globules of blood drip slowly from the high ceiling. You also see some neat brocade socks, an iced oatmeal muffin and a ruined crystalline cocoon.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Sir Ruffelin, Guarrin, Shinann, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Sentinel Jerram who is kneeling, Grand Lord Gryzzlbok, Dergoatean, Pietra, Katiesa, Magister Raelee, Ysharra, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Sir Bristenn

Ruffelin yells, "He's 'ere!"

Speaking in Dark Elven, Xorus says something you don't understand.

Speaking deeply to Ruffelin, Guarrin says, "You know..you're on fire."

Shinann says, "Fall down."

Shinann says, "Roll."

Jerram says, "What....what did you do..."

Ysharra says, "There's an oculoth o'er yonder."

Speaking to Jerram, Lylia says, "What had to be done."

Dergoatean yells, "He's here to the east, at the cocoon!"

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "Opened your eyes."

Xorus says, "Black elven wizardry."

Bristenn wearily sighs, "..I believe we've freed you, your Excellency."

Lylia says, "Freed."

Lylia coldly says, "That is one word for it. Yes."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "Your prison is coming down."

Jerram touches the ruined silver cocoon.

Jerram touches the ruined silver cocoon.

Lylia says, "You stand before me transformed now, from the host to insects to a host for worms, soon."

Speaking to Jerram, Shinann says, "You had to know."

Jerram says, "What...."

Speaking to Jerram, Lylia says, "It is better this way. Cleaner."

Jerram says, "What has she done to me...."

Bristenn slowly observes, "I do not believe this is who you were in life. You were an imperial hero, a leader of men. Not a madman."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "The bad news is you've been trapped acting out the worst version of you for an endless stretch of time. The good news is it's over."

Razanetika swings a rose-etched scarlet ora falchion at Jerram!

Jerram evades the attack by inches!

Soneiken gestures at Jerram.

CS: +522 - TD: +317 + CvA: -21 + d100: +41 == +225

Warding failed!

Jerram is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!

... and hits for 21 points of damage!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.

... 9 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left hand burns fingers bright red.

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 3 points of damage!

My! It looks like Jerram will be stiff in the morning! Better ice down the bruises!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the shocking attack.

... 4 points of damage!

Light shock to chest. That stings!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the impact attack.

... 3 points of damage!

Blow connects with abdomen.

Soneiken gestures at Jerram.

CS: +522 - TD: +317 + CvA: -21 + d100: +30 == +214

Warding failed!

Jerram is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!

... and hits for 21 points of damage!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.

... 3 points of damage!

Minor burns to right hand. Ouch.

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the head. Bet Jerram's ears are tingling!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the shocking attack.

... 3 points of damage!

Light shock to chest. That stings!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the impact attack.

... 4 points of damage!

Strike glances off the chest.

Soneiken's knotted lor runestaff flares with a burst of flame! **

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.

... 9 points of damage!

Burst of flames to chest toasts skin nicely.

Speaking to Dergoatean, Pietra says, "Simply put."

Razanetika swings a jade-inlaid black veil iron falchion at Jerram!

Jerram gracefully avoids the attack!

Soneiken gestures at Jerram.

CS: +522 - TD: +317 + CvA: -21 + d100: +67 == +251

Warding failed!

Jerram is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!

... and hits for 33 points of damage!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.

... 4 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left eye bakes eyelid.

He is stunned!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 4 points of damage!

Ouch! What a stiff neck.

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the shocking attack.

... 9 points of damage!

Heavy spark to chest. Bet that hurts.

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the impact attack.

... 1 point of damage!

Brushing blow to temple.

Cruxophim whispers a mystical phrase, as a nebulous haze shimmers into view around his hands, casting them in murky shadows.

Cruxophim gestures at Jerram.

Cruxophim's illthorn runestaff glows intensely with a verdant light!

The force of Cruxophim's power warps the air as it surges toward Jerram!

CS: +543 - TD: +314 + CvA: -21 + d100: +75 == +283

Warding failed!

A nebulous haze shimmers into view around Jerram, plunging inward to envelop his right arm!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the disintegrating attack.

... 1 point of damage!

Unpleasant wound to right arm!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the disintegrating attack.

... 3 points of damage!

Unpleasant wound to right arm!

Some polished blackish-purple platemail partially deflects the onslaught of the disintegrating attack.

... 8 points of damage!

Small patches of right forearm disappear into red mist.

Cloudy tendrils writhe throughout Jerram's form, ravaging him for 175 points of damage!

Jerram drops dead at your feet!

Jerram just bit the dust!

Speaking pleasedly to Cruxophim, Leafiara says, "Nice work."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "It's time for you to be purified, it seems. Poor thing."

Soneiken says, "There dead."

Cryheart says, "Ye did your duty."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "She ruined me..."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "Took it all from me...my life...my honor..."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "She did."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "She did."

Lylia agrees, "She did."

Speaking calmly to Jerram, Cruxophim laments, "Shoulda listened. I tried to warn you."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "That's over now."

Speaking to Soneiken, Zosopage says, "Nice work."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "You utterly twisted soul."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Zosopage says, "Well done."

Cruxophim gently states, "It's over."

A flake of skin falls from Jerram's corpse.

Bristenn slowly agrees, "You're still remembered, my lord. Not for this, but for the man you were."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "For whatever difference it makes, we're taking this fight to her, when we finish with those like you."

Speaking helpfully to Jerram, Leafiara says, "If it makes you feel any better, nobody except this relatively small crew of people is going to know everything that happened here."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika says, "May you rest in peace now."

Neopuron says, "He smacked me a bunch with his stupid maul."

Leafiara adds, "Or, yes, what Sir Bristenn said."

Speaking to herself, Pietra says, "Oh not this again... crumbling people."

Soneiken asks, "Like my spell Pie lady?"

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin says, "Be at peace."

Shinann says, "Show a little pity... he did not make himself this way."

Cryheart says, "Rest now, Jerram."

Speaking to Jerram, Zosopage says, "Rest in peace."

You notice Neopuron reach into Jerram's pockets.

Chamorr heartily says, "What about that other guy."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "It's a far better place, than the one you've been living in."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "Twisted...oh how long...how much...over and over she twisted me..."

Speaking to Jerram, Rasson says, "Be transformed into the death you should of had long ago."

Cryheart says, "Lorminstra's gate ye go...join the others."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "...and the other..."

Speaking gently to Jerram, Leafiara says, "It's alright... all over now..."

The voice of Gryzzlbok exclaims, "Hey, Jerram, you just been purified!"

Dergoatean asks, "Any clerics want to do some last rites for the sentinel?"

Juspera: "I don't know how to get back."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "No, he looked human...but he was as much a monster as her...."

Leafiara curiously says, "...wonder what Goblyn's doing over west..."

You peer west and see ...

[Wasteland Cavern, Purity Tomb]

The walls of the earthen chamber are darkened by age and old blood. Chains hang from the ceiling, some with hooks still stained with fresh blood. Set into the ground is a dark red sigil, a deep gold sigil, and a shadowy black sigil. You also see a pile of dark elven corpses and a stained stone slab.

Also here: Miss Goblyn who is kneeling

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "I begged to him...stop it...release me..."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika asks, "Are you referring to Peter?"

Bristenn coolly agrees, "Peter, yes."

Speaking to Jerram, Dergoatean says, "He was enthralled too."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "Peter..."

Speaking wryly to Jerram, Leafiara says, "...yeah, he was pretty nuts himself."

Speaking heartily to Jerram, Chamorr asks, "Peter?"

Rasson says, "He is trying to stop it all now."

Evia says, "Cryin shame, the whole damn thing."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika says, "Aye, Peter is trying to undo what has been done now."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "He's still in our world. The real one. He's helping us find those like you."

Cryheart: "From portal...go north or until you can go southeasterly, find the mountain range and look for the 5 spires...then go east."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Peter is a paragon like you."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "When I escaped once...before they were finished..."

Evia asks, "Yes?"

Lylia says, "Tell us about that. While you may."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "It was he. He who stopped me. I was never a fool for love like that."

Pukk gently rolls the lifeless body of Jerram over.

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "Your time is short. Help us."

Dergoatean: "I had to use the vine to find my way back, for what it's worth. Perhaps a decent waypoint."

Pukk quietly says, "Better."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "Both of them...monsters...what they have done..."

Pietra asks, "Both of them?"

Juspera: "Scarswyrth and I crossed the vine, but can't get up the path to the arch..."

Cryheart: "Aye, vine."

Xorus says, "How dreadful of them."

Evia says, "Rachel and Peter."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "I am...I am ashamed...I am weak...I am sorry...my honor twisted...my legacy tarnished..."

Speaking softly to Jerram, Razanetika says, "We will end this... one way or another."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "My end...my legacy...."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "My children...."

Speaking to Jerram, Ysharra says, "Restore it by sharing what you know with us."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "No...they are gone now aren't they..."

Speaking to Jerram, Geijon says, "A dead memory."

The ghostly voice of Jerram weakly says, "Yes...I shall see th...."

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says something you don't understand.

Cryheart says, "Rejoin them through Lorminstra's gate."

Speaking to Jerram, Ruffelin says, "Ye were used. Ye thought ye were doin' th' right thing, but ye were a pawn."

Speaking to Jerram, Evia says, "You will be transformed into the brightest of all lights."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Faendryl, Dergoatean says something you don't understand.

And like that, Sentinel Jerram Happersett crumbles into dust.


Escape

Speaking neutrally to Ruffelin, Cruxophim remarks, "We're all pawns in someone's game."

Rasson says, "With all we learn... are we making Peter stronger... the evil you know kind of thing."

Speaking in Faendryl, Ysharra says something you don't understand.

Leafiara confidently says, "Three down, four to go."

Evia says, "Let's blow this wasteland."

Soneiken whispers something to Goblyn.

Ruffelin says, "Tis done. I hope."

Iseo asks, "What?"

Razanetika softly asks, "What about the other?"

Dergoatean says, "Now what of the other one? The dwarf."

Cryheart says, "He disappeared."

Berost deeply says, "If'n that dwarf actually did nae go into tha Landing."

Juspera says, "Where is he? I was going to..."

Speaking gently to Juspera, Cruxophim offers, "If you want a transformation... we can help."

Juspera says, "...do terrible things to him..."

Leafiara adds, "...or possibly four down, but I really dare not hope Brumas faded the moment he stepped out of his world."

Guarrin deeply says, "We have a dwarf problem still."

Geijon says, "Pylasar is a paragon, there is little doubt."

Cryheart asks, "Ok..folks shall we head back to town?"

Juspera says, "I need to get Thrassus."

Speaking to Guarrin, Ruffelin says, "Th' dwarf may hae ceased ta exist. But we mus' be sure, aye."

Speaking softly to Geijon, Razanetika says, "That has not been confirmed... as yet."

Iseo says, "I wish I knew how to do that Crux I have a splitting headache."

Evia says, "Cannot guess about the dwarf."

Rasson says, "He left his neat socks."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara agrees, "Gonna have to before this place crumbles."

Speaking to Razanetika, Geijon says, "Confirmation will com."

Ysharra says, "Wait."

Soneiken says, "You will see it, yes."

Ysharra asks, "What about Thrassus?"

Cryheart asks, "Where is he?"

Iseo exclaims, "My newest hero!"

Speaking to Cryheart, Ysharra says, "That's the idea."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Goblyn says, "I am asking--"

Speaking warmly to Goblyn, Cruxophim requests, "Do the honors, dear?"

Cryheart says, "Good."

Bristenn slowly observes, "You can see, there is a trend with the witch and 'purifications' of sorts." (I assume referring to her use of Chaston to purify the land of half-elves and half-krolvins)

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "I'm surprised you are still awake. I figured with your extreme age you would have nodded off by now. I'm proud of you."

Shinann says, "Well... that dwarf could be at Helga's."

The walls begin to melt like wax.

Dergoatean says, "Here we go again."

Razanetika softly says, "The walls are melting now."

Speaking to Bristenn, Ysharra asks, "What's that, Sir?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Evia says, "So much for your concept of how this whole thing works out...."

Shinann says, "I was sort of serious."

Leafiara passively says, "Gonna have to get movin'..."

Cryheart says, "We hae to move."

Ruffelin says, "Le's git out o' 'ere."

Speaking in Dhe'narsi, Yakushi says something you don't understand.

Bristenn blandly remarks, "And, you took that sledge like a champion."

[travel]

A brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing Cruxophim!

(and everyone)

Suddenly, a brilliant wave of purple light ripples across the area, engulfing you! Your surroundings change...

[Melgorehn's Reach, The Shadow]

You are in a grassy area which is presently darkened by the shadow of a peculiar mountain jutting from the ground. It is unusual in the fact that no other mountains exist in this area, and you can remember a time when there certainly wasn't one here. You also see a broad path.

A brilliant purple light flashes, and Ruffelin suddenly appears, looking very disoriented.

(and everyone)