Witchful Thinking - 5119-11-09 - Dis-ceptive Dis-truction

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Revision as of 17:25, 10 November 2019 by LEAFIARA (talk | contribs) (Created page with "'''Eoantos 9-10, 5119''' '''by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier''' =Summary= * Out in the Lower Dragonsclaw, a withered tree reaches out to ...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Eoantos 9-10, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Out in the Lower Dragonsclaw, a withered tree reaches out to Ysharra--literally, taking hold of her with its branches and absorbing a lock of her hair--and she relays that it's communicating, calling itself the Bleak and the End. She tells Magister Raelee that the blight and Bleak are one and the same and that she doesn't think the tree--or rather the "resident" of the tree--means any harm or any of this, but that it simply is what it is.
  • Before the group gets too deep into theorizing, the snow takes on a crimson hue and forms appear throughout the forest as adventurers sense approaching undead. Sir Cryheart leads on to North Gate for defense, while Falvicar takes point at West Gate, as both groups are challenged by goblin zombies, bone giants, death hounds, and more. Pus-covered giant rodents begin to swarm the streets inside town as blighted ash harpies attack the gates, and eventually Hendoran and Bourthian soldiers rain arrows down on the invaders from the outpost. Maylan relays a helpful reminder from Goat about the effectiveness of the Symbol of Turning against weaker undead. Wights and bleakwalkers cap off as the greatest threats, launching into extensive combat... at least until white figures appear out in the snow.
  • It's the return of the Blameless as Disean's forces approach--and yes, they're still immune to magic! Disean himself charges toward West Gate, taking out Alasatia and Captain Shinann as he goes, then landing several strikes against Leafiara in what's largely a stalemate. Disean makes a move against Goat to no avail, then he and the Blameless systematically kill off Chamorr, Mayor Lylia, Maylan, and Leafi. West Gate's not their true target, however, as they march toward the outpost!
  • The Blameless scale the outpost while the soldiers deter the advance with arrows and rocks, and Landing adventurers lend aid. Raelee battles Disean in defense of the Empire, casting successive rounds of Earthen Fury at him, and her persistence pays off as she eventually slays him with a string of successful attacks! ...it's all to no avail, however, as the healing magic of his pendant restores him. Cryheart, Sir Geijon, and Pukk lend blades and fists, but the magic barrier deters their efforts; Ysharra inflicts several minor wounds with Spike Thorn.
  • Disean staves everyone off with quakes and moves inside the outpost, where Hendoran knights swarm to cut off his advance. Adventurers pursue and Ysharra topples him with another Spike Thorn, which Leafi follows up with a Condemn spell to slay him once more! They, along with Maags, Shinann, and Cryheart try to alert Thadston to get his coffin... But Thadston responds a bit too late, as shadows erupt from the ground and pull Disean away.
  • Back in town, green mist begins to seep out of the rodents swarming the streets. More undead skeletal Blameless watch from the edge of the forest. Puptilian tries to organize rangers and wizards to summon the wind with their respective spells, but the damage is already done as antimagic sweeps over town, dispelling everyone of outside magic--and creating an opening for the Blameless! They charge and take nearly everyone out, and Disean is spotted again with glowing blood red runes along his armor, but he makes no further advances on town that anyone reports.
  • A dark elven woman with the appearance of Lylia moves toward the outpost... though the real Lylia is recovering in Town Square Central. The soldiers let her in, as amunet warnings from town don't reach them in time; Shinann advances on the outpost and reports Raznel killing her--and she's not the only one, as Hendoran soldiers start to explode! Cryheart leads a charge in, but Raznel kills him off.
  • As everyone tries to regroup from too many casualties and dispels, the Blameless overrun the outpost as soldiers do what they can to stave them off--and even a young girl fires on them, pehaps Larsya. Thadston searches the wilds for Disean, but Raznel's infiltration is a success as Thrayzar is spotted rushing away from the outpost with a frightened, wild look in his eyes. Adventurers mount yet another attack on the outpost, but the Blameless beat everyone into retreat once more.
  • Soldiers report the witch inside and Shinann reports seeing her through a door upstairs. Everyone tries to make their way over, as [[:Locate Person (116)|locating shows where she, Raelee, and Raznel are... but almost nobody knows the outpost layout well enough to find her in time as the witch kills off Shinnann. Leafi catches the details from Shinann afterward that Raznel used her blood to open a way to the Bleaklands, with a warning form the witch that she'll find out tomorrow why.
  • Back at the outpost, Leafi notes they failed to get Disean, but Raelee says it might be for the best--and asks someone to deliver a message to Thadston not to put Disean in a coffin, as she's learned that Raznel was the one who originally designed them. Thrassus asks if Octaven knew this, but Raelee says she doesn't know, though they likely predate her (Octaven's) career.
  • As the group contemplates what Raznel's objective was tonight, Raelee says she completed Thrayzar's curse and Shinann says the scarab in her previously aided with that. Leafi and Cryheart consider the idea that he might be the final paragon, as Leafi offers that it has to be someone who a few people would hestate to kill or would even defend, so if nothing else Raznel could buy herself time. Shinann says she doesn't think Raznel would have just let him run off if he's a paragon, but Zosopage thinks Raznel can find one of her paragons no matter where they go. In the end, it's only speculation...


Highlights

Morofinwe quietly asks, "Shall I rove outside?"
Speaking amusedly to Morofinwe, Leafiara says, "Not without the rest of us I wouldn't."
Speaking to Morofinwe, Leafiara clarifies, "Well, actually, -I- would, but you shouldn't."
Ardwen exclaims, "I came to defend the undead from the town!"
Ardwen says, "Oh wait that isn't right."
Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk says, "Late, as usual. You lovesick puppy."
Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "I've been here, you just lack the sense to notice."
Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk asks, "Speaking of lovesick, where is Stormy?"
Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "She's around."
Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk whispers aloud, "Just free advice. When I ask where she is and you say she is round....if she hears that, you might be in the little ranger's house outside."
Ysharra asks, "You didn't smell that ...decay?"
Melikor pours a few drops of perfume from his crimson ampoule on himself.
Ysharra says, "It was like what we always have, these days, but..."
Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "I don't think it's me..."
Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "Suddenly quite vivid."
Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Maybe someone dropped dead at Dreaven's table."
Puptilian says, "All of Imaera's children speak if you know how to listen."
Ardwen says, "I use an axe, Imaera's children don't like me much."
Ysharra asks, "Where's Raelee?"
Lazaryth says, "Raelee was in town.."
Raelee suddenly fades into view.
Maags says, "She was but ran off with some determination."
Maags says, "Or..."
Maags exclaims, "Is not easies to keep eyes on invisibles!"
Ardwen says, "Use yer nose."
Ardwen nods at Maags.
Ardwen says, "Follow the stench of the empire."
Pukk quietly exclaims, "Water is evil!"
Pukk quietly exclaims, "Evil!"
Ardwen exclaims, "Someone give Pukk some soap!"
Speaking wryly to Ardwen, Leafiara says, "He'd never use it anyway."
Maylan: "West gate holding firm."
Maylan: "Thanks to Sleepy, the brave town guard."
Morofinwe: "He still doesn't deserve a raise."
Maylan: "He deserves love, is what he deserves. The love of a fine lady."
The ghostly voice of Leafiara dubiously claims, "Minor problems."
The ghostly voice of Puptilian says, "Where is Bekke when we need to burn down an outpost."
Dergoatean: "Most of the party died."
Maylan: "I ran away triumphantly."
The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "So, since most of us is dead. Let's play a game of dead, dead, dead goose."
The ghostly voice of Evia says, "So much for our notion of infallibility."
Speaking adamantly to Evia, the ghostly voice of Leafiara exclaims, "We're still winning! These are just setbacks!"
Wolfloner quietly says, "Perhaps Raznel was more of an influence with the Hall of Mages that has been made known."
Speaking quietly to Wolfloner, Pukk asks, "By influence you mean that you can't trust either of them. The Hall or the witch?"
Skeevve says, "I say we trust neither, burn em all."
Skeevve asks, "Fireball?"
Skeevve excitedly asks, "Boom?"
Leafiara observes, "Sure have been a lot of people suggesting burning the outpost tonight."
Pukk quietly says, "If only Happy was here, we can get him all upset and set him off against them...that would make for some nice fireworks."
Speaking softly to Skeevve, Razanetika asks, "Meteor storm?"
Speaking offhandedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Funny thing is Maylan wasn't even one of them."
Speaking cheerfully to Razanetika, Skeevve says, "You are SO hot right now."
Raelee dryly says, "I think you will find that if you wish to destroy the Hall, fire will not be a very efficient choice."
Speaking to Leafiara, Shaelethe suggests, "Perhaps to dispel the chill?"
Ensayn thoughtfully says, "Hard to fight over a smoking heap."
Speaking amusedly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Tell it to Pup since he was the first I heard suggesting it."
Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr asks, "What IS the best way to destroy the Hall?"
Speaking to Chamorr, Raelee asks, "Do you really believe I am going to entertain that query?"
Wolfloner quietly says, "Stone does not easily burn."
Xorus says, "He does have Everbloo.. ah, yes... actual stone.."


Log

Log

Snowfall

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Great Lord Kobane, Great Lord Drungster, Kymin, Humielie, Daig, Drokth who is kneeling, Marmesh who is sitting, Ziveen who is sitting, Sygid who is sitting, Grimust who is sitting, Event Planner Leafiara, Rabin, Faldari, Odowain, Carefyre, Maags, Kayston, Lord Farhammer who is sitting, Sleepwalker Hoodtralfeck, Dominikov who is sitting, Trallihn, Xitu, Orlicks, Great Lord Jahadeem, Puptilian who is sitting, Senfyre, Maalvekenore, Gorebaug who is sitting, Lord Caledrik, Sir Cryheart, Lady Regwen, Figlar who is sitting, Magister Raelee

The sky is filled with a blanket of low clouds, pale and unmoving. Sounds seem muffled and the air feels thick and takes on a quiet stillness.

Cryheart says, "Snow."

Leafiara approvingly says, "Ah, snow, lovely."

Cylnthia recites:

"Thanks to our defenders, ahead of time!"

Leafiara knowingly says, "Time to bring out the fire sandals."

Maalvekenore says, "Oh dear, that sounds omnious."

Maalvekenore exclaims, "And sounds like a good que to get going!"

Puptilian says, "Only an undead army marching this way."

Puptilian says, "Could be worse."

Leafiara sagely says, "Some of us specialize in the undead."

Morofinwe quietly asks, "Are we expecting trouble?"

Cryheart says, "Snow is falling."

Speaking to Puptilian, Regwen asks, "Only?"

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

Speaking eagerly to Pukk, Leafiara exclaims, "Now it's a party! A town defense party!"

Morofinwe quietly asks, "What kind of trouble?"

Speaking calmly to Morofinwe, Leafiara explains, "Undead."

Morofinwe quietly asks, "Shall I rove outside?"

Bernadette softly says, "Fun an aventures."

Speaking amusedly to Morofinwe, Leafiara says, "Not without the rest of us I wouldn't."

Kobane recites quietly:

"Everybody give Pukk one coin!"

Speaking to Morofinwe, Leafiara clarifies, "Well, actually, -I- would, but you shouldn't."

Cryheart: "Snow is falling."

Leafiara exclaims, "I better go check!"

[scouts, nothing, comes back]

Leafiara impatiently reports, "Nothing yet."

Morofinwe quietly says, "I never get anything fun to do."

Puptilian says, "I'll keep an eye outside of the gates. I'll call if I see anything."

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "I think you would be wonderful in keeping an eye out and lead the rescue and defense team if you would."

Puptilian says, "Aatu let's go." [Aatu being his forest wolf]

Maylan: "Are we fighting a bad fella tonight?"

Leafiara: "Possibly! Disean's forces were reported being on the way a few days ago."

Maylan: "Or looking for fellas?"

Maylan: "Oh the Disean fella!"

Regwen says, "Getting even colder, I think."

Pukk: "Disean, if you can hear my thoughts, I just would like to say. Cryheart has cake!"

Maylan: "I don't really want to kill that fella, but I spose if he's going to attack..."

Leafiara: "Thadston might or might not have other plans in mind!"

Leafiara impatiently says, "I need to go check again. Maybe they're here."

[scouts]

Maylan: "The orc fella??"

[Leafi notices Ysharra and Melikor out there, but thinks nothing of it and goes back to town; see next section] (OOC note: as opposed to me, who assumed something was going on but wouldn't stay due to no IC reason to believe such)

Maags exclaims, "Even my toes are cold!"

Leafiara reports, "Nothing out there yet!"

Balley softly says, "Yep! Something wicked is in the air."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara agrees, "Ya know it!"

Balley softly says, "I sense it and feel it in my body."

Akenna says, "I mean, felt a chill.. I figured that was the snow.."

[more scouting]

Puptilian: "Lots of kobolds in the forest. All look horrible."

Maylan: "And it's chilly!"

[still nothing; returns to town]

Pukk: "Disean, also just an FYI. Raelee is around if you want to ask her out to dance. You know I hear she dances pretty good."

Lylia: "Kobolds are not all that lurk in the woods tonight. Disean has been spotted..." [I believe not referring to having actually seen Disean yet that night, but the prior scout reports that he was on the way]

Leafiara affirms, "As Pup says... nothing out there yet but kobolds."

Maags says, "We are all following Sir Knight."

Ardwen exclaims, "I came to defend the undead from the town!"

Ardwen says, "Oh wait that isn't right."

Morofinwe quietly says, "I don't think that's how it is supposed to go."

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk says, "Late, as usual. You lovesick puppy."

Shinann says, "Did not see anything yet."

Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "I've been here, you just lack the sense to notice."

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk asks, "Speaking of lovesick, where is Stormy?"

Orssus asks, "What's the word?"

Cryheart says, "Chilly."

Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "She's around."

Orssus asks, "Nothing has attacked yet?"

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk asks, "And you just now joined the group?"

Speaking to Orssus, Leafiara says, "Probably Disean's forces on the way--they were spotted by militia scouts a few days ago."

Cryheart says, "We expecting a nasty fellow and his army."

Cryheart says, "Nae yet."

Ardwen says, "I forgot my army."

Maags says, "Hm."

Cryheart asks, "Or did ye lose it?"

Speaking to Orssus, Akenna exclaims, "Thank you!"

Ardwen says, "I don't lose things."

Ardwen says, "Except my sanity."

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk whispers aloud, "Just free advice. When I ask where she is and you say she is round....if she hears that, you might be in the little ranger's house outside."

Cryheart says, "Aye, we all do at time."

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth asks, "How goes it, Leafi?"

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk says, "I don't think she is that round...not like some empaths I saw."

Speaking to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "I'm not her keeper, silly. She's quite capable of managing her own schedule."

Speaking amicably to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "All things considered, well enough."

Speaking ominously to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Signs of trouble are inbound."

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth says, "It's frigid."

Speaking mischievously to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "But that's where I thrive."

Ensayn hopefully asks, "Is the whiskey finally going to arrive?"

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk says, "But calling her round...oh boy. Asking for trouble. And this coming from somebody who is insane."

Speaking to Ensayn, Meggiemae says, "There is hope."

Cryheart: "Anyone hear or spotted anything?"


Tree-Way Communication

[meanwhile, before others had started gathering unaware...]

[a report from Ysharra starts here; for clarity's sake I (Leafi's player) have put as much of it into third person as can be, save for some monsterbold messaging that likely only she saw]

[Hardy Heather Table]

Small bundles of pink heather hang from dark green and blue ribbons from the ceiling over the table as though being dried for everlasting bouquets. Some of the small flowerets have fallen to the floor, where their scent is released time and again by passing footsteps.

Melikor arrives at your table.

Ysharra grins at Melikor.

Melikor grins at Ysharra.

Melikor gives Ysharra a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "I'm hearing we'll have some..ah, fun tonight."

Ysharra nods at Melikor.

Melikor nods at Ysharra.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Good, I was expecting some fun."

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra asks, "Until then, do you want to murder some waylayers?"

Melikor smiles.

Ysharra grins at Melikor.

Melikor nods at Ysharra.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Let's."

Ysharra says, "Excellent."

A pale odor of death seeps by you.

Ysharra says, "Hopefully tonight it won't be that long a wait for the rest of it..."

Ysharra says, "Oh my."

Ysharra asks, "Did...you smell that?"

Melikor looks thoughtfully at Ysharra.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor asks, "Smell what?"

Melikor sniffs at Ysharra.

Ysharra asks, "You didn't smell that ...decay?"

Melikor pours a few drops of perfume from his crimson ampoule on himself.

Melikor looks over at Ysharra and shakes his head.

Ysharra says, "It was like what we always have, these days, but..."

Melikor put an iridescent crimson ampoule engraved with elegant flourishes in his web-covered satchel.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "I don't think it's me..."

Melikor frowns.

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "Suddenly quite vivid."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Maybe someone dropped dead at Dreaven's table."

Melikor sniffs.

Melikor glances out.

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "Perhaps...that's happened."

Ysharra glances out.

Melikor sniffs.

Melikor shrugs at Ysharra.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "I don't smell it."

Ysharra nods slowly at Melikor.

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "You sure it's not me."

Ysharra sniffs.

Melikor grins slowly at Ysharra.

Ysharra laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Melikor wiggles his eyebrows at Ysharra.

Ysharra says, "No. It smells like..."

(We leave Wayside and start walking into the Lower Dragonsclaw, trying to follow the trail.)

Melikor asks, "Like a decaying rolton?"

Ysharra says, "Smells like these poor things...."

Ysharra says, "Ah."

Melikor says, "Well that takes care of that."

Melikor nods.

Ysharra asks, "May I lead a moment?"

Melikor nods at Ysharra.

Ysharra says, "There's something I want to look at."

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

You come across a burnt-out fire pit, evidence that others have travelled through this deep forest. The charred remains of a large log hold no lingering warmth, but do provide a certain security with their assurance that others have passed the night here safely. You also see a withered grey modwir tree and a withered patch of grass.

Ysharra reaches out and touch a withered grey modwir tree.

Ysharra says, "Here."

Melikor sniffs at a withered grey modwir tree.

Melikor shrugs at Ysharra.

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "This is the one I tried, after Naamit..."

Ysharra says, "When I was feeling most vulnerable."

Melikor nods slowly to Ysharra.

Ysharra says, "And thought I might feel something of the blight."

The odor of death swirls about you.

(Ysharra reaches out toward the thick, grey trunk, holding her fingers splayed across the corded, rotting wood.)

Melikor gazes thoughtfully at a withered grey modwir tree.

Ysharra closes her eyes for a moment.

A branch of a withered grey modwir tree seems to shift slightly, inching closer to Ysharra for the briefest of moments.

Ysharra says, "Tell me."

Melikor squints at a withered grey modwir tree.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Tell me what you are."

(Ysharra reaches up easily, stretching to her full, impressive height and runs her long fingers across the bough, stroking it with gentle touches, still keeping her eyes closed.)

Melikor turns an ear toward a withered grey modwir tree.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, you plead, "Please..."

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...death..."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor asks, "What do you hear?"

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "All things die, and decay. For that is where life is fed, too."

Ysharra says, "It said, it is death."

Melikor frowns.

Melikor glances nervously around the area.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Do not despair. You can draw back, and be known."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor asks, "There are more like this?"

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Tell me what you can."

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "I hear you. By the Painlord, I hear you..."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor asks, "What does it mean, that it is death?"

(Ysharra opens her eyes and stares sadly at the branch in her fingers, and strokes down, moving back toward the trunk.)

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra asks, "Is there any way to release you, Weed?"

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...I am..."

Ysharra closes her eyes for a moment.

Ysharra says, "I hear you. You are..."

Melikor folds his arms over his chest.

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...released..."

The sky is filled with a blanket of low clouds, pale and unmoving. Sounds seem muffled and the air feels thick and takes on a quiet stillness.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "You are death, yes. You killed my garden, and look at what you've done here."

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra asks, "Is this what you were made for?"

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra asks, "And what can we do, save die?"

Ysharra reaches out and touches a withered grey modwir tree.

A thin finger-like branch of the grey tree unfurls briefly and tugs a lock of hair from Ysharra's scalp, the branch folding back within and the hair seeming to melt into the surface of the trunk.

Melikor squints at a withered grey modwir tree.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra asks, "What do you want, though?"

Ysharra reaches out and touches a withered grey modwir tree.

A cold chill passes through the area.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "I would help you, too, if I could."

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...to eat..."

(Ysharra leans forward and touches the tree once more, bowing her head to the trunk's dead, rough surface.)

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "... be careful."

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Show me your birth, then, before. Show me how she made you."

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "It will kill me or it won't."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Let's try for won't."

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "It's already taken enough to pain me far worse than death."

Melikor folds his arms over his chest.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "I do not hate you, Weed. Even for what you've done. You're like a forest fire that's crested the fire line. You are death and destruction."

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...I am the Bleak...."

Ysharra nods slowly.

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "She brought you here, then."

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...I am the End..."

Ysharra says, "You are the End."

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "You have traveled a long way."

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Before long, you'll turn all of us into vultures and other manifestations of your own death."

Ysharra nods at Xorus.

Puptilian raises an eyebrow.

Ysharra says, "The blight speaks. It says it's the Bleak. The end."

A dark grating sound rattles in your ears, "...I am the Bleak..."

[back to Leafi]

Maylan: "Ysharra appears to be talking to a tree."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "We should head to Lower Dragonclaw forest."

Maylan: "She's calling it Weed."

Drokth asks, "Or should we have them over by the well, so we can push them in when they pass?"

Maylan: "And a kobold called Xorus ugly."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "I know it takes a while for you to move, but come on..."

Speaking to Drokth, Alosaka says, "Reasonable, also."

Cryheart says, "I think we should guard the town, until we find more."

Xorus: "It is now uglier."

Maylan: "We are in the Lower Dragonsclaw, where the chill came from."

Ardwen: "Jsut what have you people been doing to the local critters?"

Cryheart: "And see anything?"

Pukk: "Cryheart is still taking his first step....it's like watching a very old and tired snail."

Lylia: "Not our doing. This is Raznel's work."

Cryheart says, "Ok..moving to the West Gate."

Maylan: "Not I, Mister Sir Knight, Sir. Ysharra appears to be hearing important things but I don't want to interrupt her."

Pukk: "Maybe if we have a firecracker we can set it off behind him."

Ardwen: "You people seem to have allow disease to run amock, we need to fix that."

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

Pukk: "Dear god he moved!"

Leafiara muses, "Hmm... guess I'll move out to see too."

[travel]

Maylan: "Uh...the branch just touched her. It seems friendly?"

Ardwen: "Apparently not soon enough, these poor kobolds."

Cryheart: "Where is Ysharra?"

[OOC note: throughout this report, italicized lines are through familiar vision following Cryheart's group]

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

You come across a burnt-out fire pit, evidence that others have travelled through this deep forest. The charred remains of a large log hold no lingering warmth, but do provide a certain security with their assurance that others have passed the night here safely. You also see a withered grey modwir tree and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Eevnt Planner Leafiara, Lady Ithilwyn, Lazaryth, Falvicar, Avalera, Shinann, Puptilian, Land Pirate Maylan, Lord Thrassus, Melikor, Ysharra

Maylan: "We are here in the Lower Dragonsclaw area."

Orssus asks, "What are we expecting?"

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "Weed, show me how far you reach."

Goldstr says, "So fer."

Chamorr heartily says, "Wonder if Thaddy has his box."

[tosses up a Symbol of Need to get Cryheart there]

A branch uncoils and wraps around Ysharra's neck.

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

From behind Cryheart, the voice of Leafiara affably says, "Ah, there you are."

Ensayn says, "An army of gremlins. Your knickknacks will be lost forever."

Lylia admits, "Possibly."

Orssus says, "Oh no, kobolds."

Avalera says, "Ho now."

Pukk: "A kobold invasion?"

Regwen says, "Thick with kobolds."

Pukk quietly says, "The kobolds were faster than Shiny."

Chamorr heartily says, "Maybe they playin cards."

The branch uncoils and releases Ysharra.

(Ysharra closes her eyes again and places both hands on the trunk, blocking out the sound from the questions. She doesn't move toward her throat, only nods.)

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Maylan exclaims, "Listen here. No choking!"

Ardwen: "First the mayor allows disease to fester then she destroys the evidence!" [as she'd been killing kobolds]

Speaking curiously to Ysharra, Leafiara asks, "Didi it impart any knowledge?"

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Pukk says, "You really are ONE with nature."

Ysharra says, "Keep talking, Weed..."

Speaking heartily to Ysharra, Chamorr says, "Tree hugger."

Speaking to Ysharra, Lylia murmurs, "Are you all right?"

Ardwen pinches Maags!

Maags tickles Ardwen.

Maags exclaims, "None of that!"

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Pukk asks, "Can you tell us where the branch touched you?"

Ysharra says, "It hasn't hurt me since..."

Cryheart asks, "What haas it been saying?"

Speaking to a withered grey modwir tree, Ysharra says, "The Bleak. It's the Bleak."

Ysharra asks, "Where's Raelee?"

Puptilian says, "All of Imaera's children speak if you know how to listen."

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Pukk says, "It's okay. The mean ole branch won't touch you anymore."

Cryheart says, "I think she is about."

Lazaryth says, "Raelee was in town.."

Leafiara muses, "Just saw the Magister in the square earlier."

Raelee suddenly fades into view.

Maags says, "She was but ran off with some determination."

Maags says, "Or..."

Ysharra says, "Raelee, tell Cordarius. It's the Bleak."

Ardwen says, "I use an axe, Imaera's children don't like me much."

Speaking quietly to Raelee, Pukk exclaims, "Darn it I thought we.....I mean....hi there stranger!"

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "I do not need to tell him anything. He tells me things. Elaborate."

Maags exclaims, "Is not easies to keep eyes on invisibles!"

Jahadeem: "Hmm."

The falling snow begins to thicken, slowly obscuring the environs beyond the forest and town.

Ardwen says, "Use yer nose."

Ardwen nods at Maags.

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "Weed- the blight- I mean- it says it's The Bleak."

The voice of Leafiara tentatively asks, "Says -what's- the Bleak?"

Ardwen says, "Follow the stench of the empire."

The voice of Leafiara asks, "Itself?"

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It's been set loose here to bring death. It eats, it kills."

Speaking to Ysharra, Lazaryth asks, "Does it have a will? Of its own?"

Puptilian says, "This snow is going to make scouting harder."

Regwen says, "Bah, this cloak doesn't have a hood."

Pukk quietly says, "This white hard water that falls from the sky is never a good sign."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee asks, "Implying connection to the Bleaklands, or has it simply named itself?"

Speaking to Lazaryth, Ysharra says, "I think so. Or at least, a curiosity."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Water is evil!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Evil!"

Maags says, "Is better than blood rain."

Morofinwe: "Anything?"

Maags says, "Count blessings."

Ardwen exclaims, "Someone give Pukk some soap!"

Maylan whines, "Is it? It's so cold!"

Lylia says, "If we could all listen a moment, we might learn a bit more."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It said it over, and over."

Speaking wryly to Ardwen, Leafiara says, "He'd never use it anyway."

Speaking to Maylan, Lazaryth says, "More scotch."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It is the Bleak."

Maylan: "Ysharra is still talking to mister Tree."

Flecks of sanguine coat some of the snowflakes descending from the sky.

Ardwen says, "He might eat it, that'd be good too."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "The blight and the Bleak are the same thing, Magister."

Regwen says, "Oh no..."

Evia says, "Ugh, don't eat that."

Speaking curiously to Maags, Leafiara asks, "Had to say it, huh?"

Ardwen says, "Sure someone mentioned bloodrain."

Speaking thoughtfully to Maylan, Ensayn says, "I'm sure there's something we can set on fire."

Thrassus says, "Well, this is going to be interesting."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk exclaims, "Mayor we are a mob. And everybody knows that a mob makes great decisions! Listening isn't one of them!"

Speaking to Ensayn, Maylan exclaims, "I'm already on fire!"

Maags exclaims, "Well we will jus has to stop it!"

Kobane whispers something to Razanetika.

Razanetika whispers something to Kobane.

Lylia: "Ysharra is telling us about the Bleak, which is what it seems to term itself, inasmuch as it has a self to be conscious of. It eats, and it kills, and it eats. She could probably explain it more eloquently than I, having experienced it."

Maags says, "Quicklies."

Ysharra says, "...it took some of my hair, as I mentioned."

>look ysh

You see Ysharra Nagorn.

She appears to be a Half-Elf.

She is of a towering height. She appears to be very young. She has silver-rimmed cobalt blue eyes and wintry pale porcelain skin. She has hip length, lustrous white-blonde hair trailing down her back in a mass of thick waves. She has a finely-boned face and full, shell-pink lips complemented with soft rosy cheeks. A narrow strand of dark grey runs along her hair.

She has a swooping ebon winter drake tattoo on her leg, and a dark rolling cloud tattoo on her thigh.

Miniature rusted shackles spiral outward from her before fading away.

She has a contorted series of sharply thorned vines creating a labyrinth across her arms.

She has old battle scars on her left leg, and a scar across her neck.

She is wearing a short-collared gown of orchid-painted tea green silk cut with a high side slit, an interlocking chain consisting of viridian star emerald links, some pale silk stockings painted with vibrant flora under some dark embroidered velvet high-heeled shoes.

Speaking softly to Akenna, Ithilwyn says, "I changed too."

Maylan: "I think it likes her. It took her hair and gave her a neck hug."

Morofinwe: "Nothing at either gate as of yet."

Ysharra says, "But I don't think it meant any harm. I don't think it really means any of it. It is what it is."

Ardwen: "Oh sure now start a smokescreen to avoid the story of the diseases running rampant around town!"

Speaking to Ysharra, Alosaka says, "Perhaps it wanted to look pretty."

Lazaryth asks, "Took it, as in pulled it out? Or took it as in destroyed it?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Maags says, "I am so sorries yous has to feel all that on yous own."

Maylan: "Okay I guess that's just choking, now that I think about it."

Speaking to Ithilwyn, Akenna says, "I didn't think my gown was appropriate. I was going to take Phalyn hunting-- but then it started to snow."

Balley softly asks, "Is that hair always there?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Leafiara muses, "Yeah, plants do tend to just do their thing."

Thrassus says, "You can see the lock of hair there."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Ysharra says, "It touched my hair, and the lock it stroked simply severed."

Evia says, "Yikes."

Cryheart says, "Careful Miss Cat."

Ysharra says, "It was not painful. But it retracted back into the bough, just as it did when it touched my neck."

Ardwen says, "Hmm that rabbit wil be useful cleaning up all this snow." [Aleid's broom hare]

Speaking to a black-eared red and grey fox, Akenna whispers aloud, "Stay away from that tree."

Lazaryth asks, "Is it.. controlling the tree?"

Speaking to Akenna, Ysharra says, "I sent Munin away. I couldn't..."

Speaking quietly to Hoodtralfeck, Pukk says, "If we are attacked by a big group, we will leave the first 50 for you to kill."

Puptilian says, "We'll heal the land again."

Regwen says, "The tree has no histories to tell, I sense." [referring to loresinging]

Maags says, "Will finds a way."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "It does raise questions about the underlying mechanism. If this can be solved... which it can be..."

The arashan skitters about the area trying to find a few shadows to escape the overwhelming light. It hisses in a deep, haunting voice, "Thouirlywk oun shthourlthqui olp'ythwea eap! Oup yithei eap lthyro!"

(Raelee trails off without completing her thought.)

Speaking to a lackadaisical light brown arashan, Xorus says, "Not now."

Ardwen says, "He speaks the truth."


Taking Formation

A form appears briefly move amidst the blanket of falling snow within the Lower Dragonsclaw forest.

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It's not the tree. It's the unseen resident of the tree."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "I just want to say that a certain someone, who I shall not name, said you are round. I told him he shouldn't say that. I can't tell you who it was, but I can say his name rhyme's with naoswynd."

Maylan blurts, "What!"

Maags whispers something to Cryheart.

Maylan asks, "Who was that?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Stormyrain murmurs, "It seems like the tree took, and gave back unless the grey streak in your hair has always been there hidden by styling?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "'The Bleak'."

Cryheart asks, "Make out the form?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I'm going to scout out and see if anything is trying to pass us in this snow."

Ysharra gazes at her reflection in the smooth seaglass mirror.

Another form seems to move beyond the veil of thick falling snow.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Ysharra says, "I suppose we'll find out. No, that's new."

Speaking curiously to a black-masked wolf, Leafiara says, "You stay here for a moment."

Ardwen says, "He's probably in town robbing the place."

[goes scouting]

Puptilian: "I'm seeing things in the snow but can't tell what."

Pukk quietly says, "See, water is so evil, it is forming into things."

Orssus asks, "We getting surrounded?"

Ysharra says, "I have a feeling we're about to find out more than just a little gardening."

Alosaka: "They appear vaguely form-like."

Morofinwe: "It isn't normal looking snow, that's for sure. odd forms."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Glad you joined us. I would hate for you to kill us by mistake again."

Cryheart says, "Hmm...prepare to defend."

Regwen says, "No undead.... yet."

Jahadeem: "I see a lot of kobolds around where I am."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee asks, "Did it impart any other information?"

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It's death."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "That was the first thing it said."

A greater spectacled owl says, "Hello, Im Owlie's couson Owlscar."

Ardwen says, "As old as ya is ya prolly do need defending."

[returns to main group]

Speaking to Stormyrain, Skeevve asks, "You with the group?"

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "It's death. And what it wants is to eat."

Pukk quietly says, "The Bleakening."

Speaking to Ardwen, Maags exclaims, "I takes care of it!"

Cryheart says, "Perhaps we should withdraw into the gates."

Puptilian: "Gates are clear so far."

Speaking curiously to Cryheart, Leafiara asks, "Why?"

You sense a heavy presence of undead slowly encroaching like a wave creeping upon a shoreline.

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Cryheart says, "For that reason."

Evia says, "Oooh."

Cryheart nods at Leafiara.

Speaking to Cryheart, Alosaka says, "I think that's a wonderful idea."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara reasons, "Might as well meet the threat out here before it gets to the gates, though?"

Cryheart says, "Moving to the town."

Evia says, "Shoreline."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "I suspect there is little point in arguing semantics with an presence inhabiting a tree."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "I don't really know, of course..."

Morofinwe: "I am back and forth at the gates, Puptilian."

Roelaren: "Shoreline the last info was about." [OOC aside: Evia and Roe mistook the messaging as meaning that the undead were going to the shoreline. Just one of those easy mistakes to make due to trying desperately to keep up with the screen scroll, which really can't be conveyed in a log--especially an edited one.]

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: Grand Lord Myharl, Shiril, Lexbubba, Great Lord Jahadeem, Adyon, Zosopage, Eheylien, Vancudais, Great Lord Kobane, Orssus, Mister Skeevve, Stormyrain, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Alosaka, Cirkas, Razanetika, Lord Chamorr, Great Lord Krystick, Goldstr, Ensayn, Dame Evia, Chaoswynd, Akenna, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Maags, Rasson, Bernadette, Pukk, Sleepwalker Hoodtralfeck, Lady Regwen, Magister Raelee, Avalera, Land Pirate Maylan, Lord Thrassus, Melikor, Ysharra, Sir Cryheart, Event Planner Leafiara

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "I do not think so."

A rotting goblin zombie struggles up out of the ground!

[several dozen others;

[combat]

Skeevve says, "Boom."

[combat]

Orssus says, "Great, undead."

[combat]

Cryheart: "Guard the gates."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "The question, I think, is what of what we have learned here can be applied to the Bleaklands."

Ardwen: "Are the mayor's diseases going to escape?"

[extended combat]

Maylan: "I'm at the west gate now."

Cryheart says, "These are young undead."

Leafiara: "Goblin zombies have approached."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maags says, "Distracting us."

Cryheart: "Young undead at the gates."

Speaking to Maags, Shiril says, "Or warming us up."

Evia says, "There was some mention of shoreline."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking to Shiril, Maags says, "Perhaps."

[combat]

Humielie: "Is it safe to go?"

[extended combat]

Cryheart: "The goblin zombies are many, but young."

(OOC) Bernadette's player whispers to the group, "Just like ascendant invasions."

Speaking to Maags, Shiril comments, "Pretty eyes."

Ardwen: "So perfect for someone in their dotage."

Skeevve says, "One down."

Cryheart: "We hae anyone watching the shoreline?"

Speaking to Shiril, Maags says, "Yous veries charming."

Speaking amusedly to Maags, Shiril says, "Only when I feel like it."

Cryheart: "How many at the western gate?"

[combat]

Maylan: "Five of us, no bad things yet."

[combat]

Jahadeem: "Black Sands beach is clear."

[combat]

Cryheart: "Be careful of area affect spells as folks are coming and going."

Shinann: "Thank you, Jahadeem."

Speaking offhandedly to Lazaryth, Shiril asks, "You're a bit too pretty too be out here, aren't you?"

Lylia says, "You have it well in hand here. I shall be at the West Gate."

Cryheart: "Think thank ye for that report."

Roelaren: "Gusts of heavy snowfall."

Jahadeem: "Entire beach seems clear at the moment."

Puptilian: "If anyone catches sight of a goblin with knife tattoos on his arm please let me know."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Alosaka asks something you don't understand.

Cryheart says, "The black sands are clear so far."

[for the time being, as Leafi can't learn from the low level goblin zombies, she's constantly in and out with her wolf watching Cryheart's group in italics while she does rescues in TSC]

Maags says, "Should takes a peek south."

Maags says, "In case."

Puptilian: "If possible disable and not kill."

Evia asks, "Could that be the lake even?"

Stormyrain says, "Killing folks just by standing there."

Istafia says, "Ahh."

Orssus says, "People just wandering out into a hail of death."

[combat]

Ysharra says, "It felt like it was straining."

[combat]

Jahadeem quietly says, "Nothing around the beach at all."

[extended combat as huge bone giants approach, but these as well are too weak for experienced adventurers to learn from]

Maylan: "Bone giants at the West Gate now. We are holding strong."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Bone giants at west gate."

Speaking to Akenna, Ysharra says, "I'm sorry, Akenna. Munin is my raven. I meant to answer."

Cryheart: "Need help at West Gate?"

[Leafi goes to check, but seeing as they're too weak, she just grabs a deader and withdraws]

Maylan: "Still holding strong."

Lazaryth asks, "..how tough are bone giants?"

Speaking to Akenna, Ysharra says, "I sent her and her fledglings away when we started to find dead creatures in the forest."

[combat at North Gate]

Cryheart says, "Nae bad I think."

Puptilian: "I joined up with the west gate. Plenty of strong fighters here."

Crimson flecks of snow begin to fall like a red curtain closer to the Hendoran Outpost, sprinkled all about the grasslands.

Cryheart: "Thanks."

Speaking slowly to Lazaryth, Shiril says, "Difficult question to answer."

[extended combat at North Gate]

Ysharra asks, "Should we move to the outpost?"

Ardwen: "Death hounds."

[Town Square, West]

Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square. You also see a ruffled red-footed falcon that is flying around, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a pus-covered giant rodent that is lying down, a pus-covered giant rodent and a pus-covered giant rodent.

Leafiara: "Rodents have gotten into the streets."

Maags says, "Saw nothing."

Cryheart: "Death hounds?"

[combat at North Gate]

Ardwen: "Calling the locals rodents is mean."

[combat at North Gate]

Leafiara: "Actual rodents!"

[combat at North Gate]

Regwen asks, "Did ye see anything?"

Lazaryth says, "These goblins are just my speed."

Leafiara: "They aren't terribly more dangerous than the ones in the catacombs, however..."

[combat at North Gate]

Ardwen: "Aye in the grasslands."

Cryheart: "Bone giants at north gate now."

Jahadeem: "Are they using the sewers to get in?"

Speaking to Shiril, Ysharra says, "You are remarkably perceptive."

Alosaka: "Is Felarion still killing people?"

Shinann says, "Nothing more than these."

[combat at North Gate as now blighted ash harpies approach, near-capped creatures]

Alosaka: "Tell him to please stop."

[combat at North Gate]

Speaking to Ysharra, Shiril says, "Hardly."

Leafiara: "Bone giants have reached into town as well."

[combat at North Gate]

Cryheart: "Harpys."

[extended combat at North Gate]

Thrassus: "They could well be using that sizable network of tunnels that happen to run beneath the town."

[more scouting, rescuing]

Thremkin says, "Well well."

[combat at North Gate]

Jahadeem: "Anyone checking out the sewers or do I need to run there?"

[extended combat at North Gate, where Leafi's returned]

Leafiara exclaims, "Finally something resembling worthy foes!" [referring to death hounds and harpies, though the latter were slightly below cap and I think the death hounds were too]

[extended combat]

Maylan: "Focus on the surface. Let the sewers fester."

[combat]

Speaking to Lazaryth, Stormyrain whispers aloud, "You've a bit of..zombie goo? In your hair. Might want to..."

Regwen says, "Hard ta see in all this snow."

Speaking to Mjolek, Lazaryth says, "Stop showing off."

Cryheart: "Death hounds at north gate or were."

[combat]

Ardwen: "The hounds take a heck of a beating."

Maylan: "Ahoy, Voln folks don't forget about our nifty Symbol of Turning. It is quite effective against these pesky giants."

Speaking to Shiril, Ysharra says, "I adore you."

Pukk: "I always forget about that."

[extended combat]

Maylan: "Mister Goat usually reminds me. So tonight I am Goat."

[extended combat]

Speaking warmly to Ysharra, Shiril purrs, "The feeling is mutual."

Stormyrain recites:

"Join Cryheart especially if you are throwing grabby hands." [Grasp of the Grave]

[extended combat]

Stormyrain says, "Damndable harpies."

Orssus says, "Join Cryheart if you don't want to eat dirt."

Cryheart whispers something to Wolfloner.

[rescuing]

Ysharra says, "He's our leader."

Bernadette recites softly:

"Form on Cryheart"

[return]

Cryheart says, "I think Stormy got the bodies."

[combat]

Maylan: "West gate is holding strong!"

Cryheart: "Same at north gate."

Hendoran and Bourthian soldiers appear along the ramparts of the Outpost in the grasslands, firing arrows and ballista down on the invaders.

Pukk recites quietly:

"Close ranks!"

Jahadeem: "Can we spare anyone for Moot Hall?"

Falvicar: "I've seen kobolds swing better and hit more accurate than these huge bone giants at the west gate."

Ysharra says, "We should go to the Outpost."

[was checking the outpost at that very moment; nothing]

Skeevve exclaims, "I'm a wizard, I don't stand in blasted ranks!"

[return to North Gate for more combat]

Lylia: "Is Moot Hall imperiled?"

[combat]

Jahadeem: "It's lighter than it was." [unclear what ths means]

Cryheart: "Town center ok?"

Jahadeem: "But be nice to clean it out."

[combat]

Roelaren: "Yes at least in tsc."

[extended combat at North Gate as gaunt bleak wights join the fray]

Pukk recites quietly:

"Watch your flanks....or watch some pretty lass' flanks....but watch em!"

Cryheart: "Wights showing up at north gate."

[very extended combat at North Gate as Leafi darts in and out for rescues]

Regwen recites:

"Foes are getting bigger"

[exhaustively extended combat at North Gate]

Speaking dismissively to Melikor, Shiril says, "Don't mind me."

Maags says, "Well then."

Speaking to Shiril, Melikor says, "Very well."

Meureii: "Where is it heaviest currently?"

Dhairn quietly asks, "Someone called?"

Speaking to Greycrown, Skeevve says, "Been a bit."

[combat at North Gate; more scouting in town]

Cryheart: "Both west and north gates it appears."

[combat at North Gate]

Alosaka: "The north and west gates."

[combat at North Gate]

Meureii: "Will be at the north gate. Any group leads there?"

Stormyrain: "Cryheart."

Lylia: "Join Cryheart at the North Gate. Falvicar at the West Gate."

[combat at North Gate]

Dhairn quietly says, "Whoop whoop."

[combat at North Gate]

Lylia: "Thank you for that, and for letting others know."

Speaking to Dhairn, Shiril says, "Indeed."

[extended combat at North Gate, where Leafi's returned]

A fluid shadowy bleakwalker drifts in smoothly, trailed by a shadowy haze.

Cryheart says, "Group with me, so ye dinnae get pulled down by arms."

[combat, with this being the toughest foe]

Leafiara interestedly says, "Ohhh, now we're talking."

[very extended combat]

Lazaryth says, "I didn't like the look of those."

Ysharra says, "Mm."

Dhairn quietly says, "Naw."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Shiril says, "Not everyone can be as pretty as you."

Dhairn quietly says, "I learned somethin that time."

Dhairn quietly says, "Not good."

[combat]

Speaking to Chamorr, Skeevve says, "Yes, it goes quick here."

[combat]

Jahadeem: "Nothing underground."

[combat]

Speaking to Shiril, Lazaryth says, "And that's the truth."

Dhairn quietly says, "If'n I learn somethin.. it's a bad thing."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Shiril says, "A good thing, too, else we'd walk around distracted constantly."

Speaking to Shiril, Ysharra says, "Some of us are prettier, it's true."

Speaking to Shiril, Lazaryth says, "Mhm."

A fluid shadowy bleakwalker drifts in smoothly, trailed by a shadowy haze.

[extended combat]

Speaking to Ysharra, Shiril says, "Yes."

[combat]

Skeevve says, "Blast."

[thoroughly extended combat]

Leafiara muses, "Noted, don't punch the bleakwalkers."

[thoroughly extended combat (OOC note: For some perspective, this log started at about 93,000 lines single-spaced and at this point we've cut about over 38,000 of those despite nothing really happening story-wise since the blight speaking to Ysharra. This isn't a complaint since combat is my favorite part, but just saying! :D)]

Lazaryth pants, "Madness."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Dhairn quietly says, "Full dispellin."

Orssus asks, "Completely dispelled all of us?"

Ysharra says, "Same."

[whatever it was, it didn't get everyone]

Lazaryth says, "Lovely."

[extended combat]

Jahadeem: "Nothing at the wharf."

[extended combat at North Gate]

Cryheart: "How is the West gate holding?"

[combat at North Gate]

Puptilian: "We are holding."

[combat at North Gate]

Lylia: "Holding firm."

Dergoatean: "Bleakwalkers attacking north gate seem to be the biggest threat. Unless you count the people grasping at the grave."

Dergoatean: "West gate has no bleakwalkers that I've seen in a brief minute."

Dergoatean: "Just bone giants. Seems to be holding fine."

Lylia: "There were a few."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Alosaka asks something you don't understand.

Dergoatean: "Pup reports West gate did actually have a few bleakwalkers."

Jahadeem: "There are rodents all over town."

[combat at North Gate]

Geijon recites:

"Sound the horns on this dwarf"

Leafiara: "There still are, but higher priority threats first..."

[combat at North Gate]

Maylan: "There were a few at the west gate a while ago. I ran away."

Cryheart says, "He hae not shown himself."

Maylan: "Triumphantly."

Dergoatean: "Yar."

[return to North Gate; extended combat]

Shiril says, "Hm."

Jahadeem: "I am working as getting as many in town as I can."

[combat]

Thremkin says, "Oh oh."

[extended combat]

Bernadette softly says, "Thanks fer all the good Bards."

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Until the bleakwalkers show again, west gate has 3 sorcerers taking down any single thing more or less instantly."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Ysharra says, "You bards are very appreciated."

[thoroughy extended combat with bleakwalkers]

Regwen says, "Oiy."

The ghostly voice of Ysharra says, "I should stop appreciating things."

Geijon asks, "So if we hit a bleakwalker they reflect and dispell?"

[rescuing in TSC while combat continues at North Gate]

Cryheart says, "We are being dispelled."

Cryheart: "Be aware, spells are being dispelled by the foes."

Dergoatean: "I think it's when the bleakwalkers manager to ward the target, Cryheart?"

[combat at North Gate]

Cryheart: "Could be."

Dergoatean: "Several adventurers valiantly cleaning up the streets of pus rodents, still."

[combat at North Gate]

Jahadeem: "How are the gates holding?"

Speaking to Hoodtralfeck, Meureii says, "Inside the gates."

Geijon says, "One more try."

[combat at North Gate]

Maylan: "West gate holding firm."

Maylan: "Thanks to Sleepy, the brave town guard."

[return to North Gate for extended combat]

Morofinwe: "He still doesn't deserve a raise."

Maylan: "He deserves love, is what he deserves. The love of a fine lady."

Dergoatean: "Just had a wight at west gate; biggest I've seen there in a few minutes."

[combat]


Disean's Advance

Forms begin to appear within the forest, white upon a backdrop of white.

[combat]

Leafiara musingly asks, "Thhe Blameless again, pehaps?"

Cryheart asks, "Disean?"

[combat]

Shinann asks, "Blameless?"

Cryheart says, "What I am thinking."

Leafiara reasons, "Well, they're in white..."

Leafiara admits, "But hard to see out there in the snow."

Shinann says, "True."

[combat]

Maags says, "Is why they conjure it."

[combat]

Speaking to Maags, Leafiara exclaims, "Probably!"

[extended combat]

Shinann: "Could have undead Blameless headed this way."

[combat]

Dergoatean: "Wait, is there any other kind of Blameless left?"

Shinann: "Not sure."

Maylan: "Dead dead Blameless?"whe

Leafiara: "Would have to ask Deacon Irar about that one." [didn't get to finish this thought, but referring to the question of whether the entire Blameless faction sided with Chaston and thus is gone, or whether it was merely part of the Blameless and the Church of Koar still has an official living faction within its ranks]

Dergoatean: "True!"

Puptilian: "I'm sure there are some but think of how many undead you can make from what we killed."

The rattling of bones echoes from the white forest as skeletal Blameless shamble forward, much of their flesh having now long fallen away to only bone, sinew and armor. The golden symbol of Koar still clings to their blemished armor.

Leafiara wryly says, "Yep."

Stormyrain: "..I'd say yes."

Dergoatean: "Blameless it is."

Cryheart says, "Here they come."

Krystick says, "Oh boy."

Uthenegal says, "This looks promising."

Ysharra: "Oh, no..."

Maags exclaims, "Readies!"

Thremkin says, "Better hold fast."

Shinann says, "If they are like before, I will just be healing."

Krystick says, "Depends on your point of view I think."

Leafiara: "The last few times we've enountered these, they've been immune to magic."

Speaking in Elven to herself, Akenna says, "Oh, this will be fun.."

Dergoatean: "Blameless incoming, but not at the gates yet."

Jahadeem whispers to the group, "Too many rodents in town. They just keep coming."

Puptilian: "Contact."

[Leafi rushes to West Gate since that's where he is]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, some chain mail, some chain mail, a halberd, some chain mail, a halberd, some chain mail, a halberd, some chain mail, a halberd, some chain mail, a halberd, some chain mail, a halberd, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a town guard, some blackened platemail, some blackened platemail, a forest wolf, a languid inky black arashan, a lackadaisical light brown arashan, a withered patch of grass, a reinforced large wooden gate and a tall wooden archery tower.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Dergoatean, Magister Bekke, Ambassador Ardwen, Land Pirate Maylan, Puptilian, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Lord Thrassus, Avalera, Falvicar

[combat]

Istafia: "Tons of rodents in South Ringin the Landing, smaller folks can help with this."

[extended combat, return to North Gate where crusaders have also arrived]

Cryheart says, "Miss Cat...rodents aplenty in town."

[extended combat]

Maags says, "My magic does nothing."

[extended combat]

Dergoatean: "Crusaders at both gates."

Dergoatean: "West gate has fewer of our own number."

Meureii asks, "West gate?"

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Meureii: "Who leads at the west gate?"

[return to West Gate]

Disean just arrived. (at North Gate)

Leafiara: "Falvicar."

Maylan: "Falvicar."

[combat at North Gate]

Stormyrain: "Disean at the north gate."

[combat at North Gate]

Disean just went southwest. (from North Gate)

[extended combat at North Gate]

Stormyrain: "Heading to the west one."

Stormyrain: "Or at least southwest of here."

[Leafi pursues]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

As you progress on this north-south path, the dark forest to the west catches your eye. A little forbidding in its primeval appearance, it is sure to offer a good source of small-game hunting. You also see a battle axe, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a battle axe, a white-armored skeletal crusader that is lying down, a corroded anklet, some polished pink coral, a mottled rolton hide tent and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Alasatia, Disean

[amidst other attacks from the crusaders]

Disean swings a black blade at Alasatia!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +626 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +35 = +474

... and hits for 142 points of damage!

Alasatia twists away but is caught with a hard slash!

Back is broken!

Alasatia drops dead at your feet!

Shinann asks, "Where did he go?"

Leafiara roars at Disean!

Speaking to Cryheart, Meureii says, "Will go help the west gate for a bit."

Stormyrain points southwest.

Disean positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

Shinann says, "Disean."

Stormyrain says, "That way."

Leafiara smirks.

Shinann just arrived.

Dergoatean: "Approximately 20 defending north gate, vs. approximately 10 defending west gate."

[amidst other attacks from the crusaders]

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 91 (Open d100: 79)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a halberd at Shinann!

AS: +720 vs DS: +435 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +90 = +404

... and hits for 130 points of damage!

Slash to Shinann's left hand!

Several fingers fly!

Shinann drops dead at your feet!

[repeated casts from Leafi throughout]

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 45 (Open d100: 33)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Jahadeem quietly says, "Whoops."

Pukk quietly says, "I couldn't hit him."

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

She barely dodges the attack!

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 53 (Open d100: 41)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Leafiara channels at Disean.

Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at Leafiara's feet as she releases a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward Disean!

As Leafiara moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Leafiara!

... 4 points of damage!

An icy blast to the back! Sleeping will not be easy tonight.

Disean points at Leafiara and he suddenly looks tired. [takes away all her mana]

Pukk quietly says, "Something is protecting him."

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +860 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +17 = +224

... and hits for 38 points of damage!

Blow to your back cracks several vertebrae.

[Symbol of Mana up and Leafi resumes attacking anyway]

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 56 (Open d100: 44)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 60 (Open d100: 49)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Disean points at Leafiara and he suddenly looks tired.

Disean gestures at you, and a spark of icy blue light flashes before your eyes, stunning you! [no idea what the third-person on this looks like]

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +840 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +16 = +243

... and hits for 35 points of damage!

Strike to the eye clips the eyebrow.

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +828 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +9 = +248

... and hits for 43 points of damage!

Smash to the kneecap.

Leafiara roars at Disean!

[too injured at this point to mana pulse or cast, Leafi stalls for time with Symbol of Restoration and...]

Leafiara draws a glowing pattern in the air before Disean.

Disean's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.

Cryheart says, "Anyone want to help at North gate, they could use about five more."

Shinann: "I found him."

Cryheart: "Good work Maags."

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain says, "You mean west gate? We are at north gate."

[...but he wakes up]

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +883 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +86 = +270

... and hits for 48 points of damage!

Strike to the chest breaks a rib!

Disean just went south.

Cryheart says, "Oops...aye, West gate."

Gypsy Scribe Balley just arrived.

Leafiara boasts, "I'm far too much for him."

Jahadeem quietly says, "I can move back to west gate if you want."

Maylan: "Disean just passed us moving south by the WEst Gate."

[gets healing from Balley]

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara exclaims, "I'll kill him!"

Jahadeem: "Coming back to West Gate."

Cryheart: "Who is leadng at West gate?"

Maylan: "Falvicar."

Balley softly asks, "Who?"

Leafiara says, "Disean..."

A host of white-armored crusaders begin to march through the grasslands towards the Hendoran Outpost.

[pursues Disean to West Gate]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

To the west, the landscape is gradually changing from a thick dark forest to an open, green grassy plain. You also see a lackadaisical light brown arashan, a languid inky black arashan, a forest wolf, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a pus-covered rolton that appears dead, a pus-covered rolton that appears dead, the Dergoatean disk, a pus-covered rolton that appears dead, a weathered canvas tent and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Land Pirate Maylan, Puptilian, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Lord Thrassus, Avalera, Falvicar, Ambassador Ardwen, Lord Chamorr, Marshal Meureii, Dergoatean, Disean

Disean positions himself to attack Dergoatean.

The evanescent shield shrouding Dergoatean flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

[amidst other combat with the crusaders]

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 87 (Open d100: 76)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Lazaryth: "Still quiet in town. Aside from the thousands of pus-covered rodents."

Speaking to Disean, Dergoatean says, "You're a bad man, and weak-minded."

Orssus asks, "They seeing the same action?"

Disean just went south.

[pursues]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

Clear grassland stretches far to the southwest, a futile lesson in the immensity of Elanith. To the northwest, the grassy plain gives way to a smattering of pines that dot the landscape. Immediately east of you looms the high wooden wall of the Landing which provides you with a sense of security against all the unknown things that may lurk in plain and forest alike. You also see a white-armored skeletal crusader and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Disean

Mayor Lylia just arrived.

Leafiara roars at Disean!

Lylia glares at Disean.

Leafiara exclaims, "I don't give up!"

Leafiara flashes a quick grin at Disean.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 39 (Open d100: 28)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Land Pirate Maylan just arrived.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 22 (Open d100: 11)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Orssus says, "I'll rotate that way."

Lord Chamorr just arrived.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 52 (Open d100: 40)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Leafiarar gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 94 (Open d100: 82)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Lylia draws a glowing pattern in the air before Disean.

Disean's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

Disean is awakened by Leafiara's attack!

[SMR result: 45 (Open d100: 14, Bonus: 20)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 30 (Open d100: -1, Bonus: 20)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Disean stands up.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 90 (Open d100: 78)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Chamorr heartily says, "Web him."

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 96 (Open d100: 84)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Maylan recites:

"Form on Lylia"

Disean swings a black blade at Lylia!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +772 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +73 = +366

... and hits for 120 points of damage!

Awesome slash severs Lylia's right arm!

A jagged stump is all that remains!

She is stunned!

A dark shadowy tendril rises up from Lylia's skin, writhes its way up a large black blade that is wreathed with oily white maggots towards Disean and lashes out malevolently...

As Lylia moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Lylia!

... 15 points of damage!

Stiff blast of icy air to neck!

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "Can't... this is all that even -might- work."

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a battle axe at Chamorr!

AS: +530 vs DS: +325 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +34 = +271

... and hits for 18 points of damage!

Deft slash across chest draws blood!

Chamorr takes a deep breath.

Chamorr drops dead at your feet!

The crusader raises its right arm skyward, exalting in its great victory!

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a battle axe at Lylia!

AS: +520 vs DS: +542 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +88 = +104

... and hits for 2 points of damage!

Weak slash across chest!

Slightly less painful than heartburn.

Lylia drops dead at your feet!

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a battle axe at Oederus!

AS: +777 vs DS: +49 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +100 = +867

... and hits for 389 points of damage!

Left arm ripped from socket at the elbow!

Oederus drops dead at your feet!

Maylan says, "Or not."

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a battle axe at Maylan!

AS: +770 vs DS: +602 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +90 = +294

... and hits for 117 points of damage!

Hard slash to Maylan's side!

Left arm no longer available for use.

She is stunned!

Disean swings a black blade at Maylan!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +498 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +76 = +641

... and hits for 212 points of damage!

Deft slash!

Maylan is spun around and hit hard in her lower back.

Maylan drops dead at your feet!

A white-armored skeletal crusader throws a battle axe at Leafiara!

Some shiny red zelnorn chain mail emblazoned with a large white leaf partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

AS: +770 vs DS: +653 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +90 = +257

... and hits for 58 points of damage!

Slash to the chest!

Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.

She is stunned!

[Symbol of Restoration stalling]

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

Some shiny red zelnorn chain mail emblazoned with a large white leaf partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

AS: +1030 vs DS: +823 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +86 = +330

... and hits for 47 points of damage!

Powerful slash just cracks her weapon arm!

She is stunned!

A white-armored skeletal crusader swings a battle axe at Leafiara!

Some shiny red zelnorn chain mail emblazoned with a large white leaf partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

AS: +756 vs DS: +769 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +90 = +127

... and hits for 10 points of damage!

Quick slash to your upper right arm!

Just a nick.

Disean looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Disean engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +757 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +36 = +346

... and hits for 67 points of damage!

Throat nearly crushed. She gurgles as she gasps for air.

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

Unable to focus clearly, she blindly evades the attack!

Disean swings a black blade at Leafiara!

AS: +1030 vs DS: +744 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +81 = +404

... and hits for 93 points of damage!

Damaging strike to chest, several ribs shattered!

Leafiara drops dead at your feet!

Disean just went south.

The ghostly voice of Leafiara muses, "Well then."

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Really."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara says, "Hmm."

White-armored skeletal crusaders fall in behind Disean as they march towards the Outpost.

The ghostly voice of Leafiara dubiously claims, "Minor problems."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Arshwikk says, "Outpost."

Cryheart says, "Moving to outpost."

[combat at North Gate]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara assures, "Very minor."

[extended combat at North Gate delays Cryheart's group]

Wolfloner asks, "We abandoning the north gate?"

[combat at North Gate]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara claims, "The most minor problems ever."

Maags says, "Uh."

Puptilian says, "Need to be pulled up."

Speaking to Maags, the ghostly voice of Leafiara admits, "Okay, maybe I could use a tiny bit of help."

[combat at North Gate]

The ghostly voice of Blerod softly says, "I hate it when I take the wrong road during these."

[combat at North Gate]

Leafiara stresses, "A tiny bit."

Speaking to Maags, Dergoatean says, "Bunch of em..."

[Maags gets everyone to Voln]

[triage at Voln; continuing combat at North Gate]

Pempotam says, "This is not great looking."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara roars, "I'll kill that guy next time I'm out there!"

Maags says, "Glad yous heare."

Cryheart says, "Kill em afore they get to town."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Skeevve says, "Yes."

Dergoatean says, "Back to battle, for me."


Defending the Outpost

White-armored skeletal crusaders begin trying to scale the walls of the Hendoran Outpost as soldiers fire down on them with arrows and rocks. As one Blameless falls, another uses the fallen to climb up higher.

Speaking to Leafiara, Maags says, "Almos lost yous head."

Speaking sadly to Maags, Leafiara claims, "He got lucky."

Geijon says, "That is dangerous."

[over at the outpost via familiar vision... I don't think I can do bold and italics simultaneously, but Leafi's still positioned at Voln at this point]

Bits of flesh flake off of Raelee's skin, rising up into the air and turning to brightly burning cinders that whirl around her.

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean begins to boil violently!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 37 (Open d100: 55)]

He dodges out of the way!

Cryheart says, "Disean."

[repeated casts from Raelee throughout]

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 25 (Open d100: 43)]

He dodges out of the way!

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 53 (Open d100: 71)]

He dodges out of the way!

[combat with other crusaders]

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: -7 (Open d100: 10)]

He dodges out of the way!

Disean points at Raelee and he suddenly looks tired.

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Disean, healing him of all of his wounds.

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 24 (Open d100: 31)]

He dodges out of the way!

[ongoing combat with the crusaders at the outpost]

Wolfloner asks, "Is anyone guarding the north gate?"

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 183 (Open d100: 190)]

... 30 points of damage!

Hard strike to right leg breaking tendons and bone!

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 44 (Open d100: 17, Bonus: 38)]

He dodges out of the way!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 101 (Open d100: 74, Bonus: 38)]

... 5 points of damage!

Blow grazes neck lightly.

Magma erupts from the ground, striking him!

... 15 points of damage!

Nice blow to back!

He is stunned!

The ground beneath Disean suddenly calms.

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean begins to boil violently!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 110 (Open d100: 55, Bonus: 74)]

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.

As Cryheart moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: -39 (Open d100: -68, Bonus: 40)]

He dodges out of the way!

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 99 (Open d100: 78, Bonus: 40)]

He dodges out of the way!

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 106 (Open d100: 84, Bonus: 40)]

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames to right hand fries palm. Ouch!

Burning orbs of pure flame burst from a rune-burned lor staff crowned with a coiling bronze scorpion and engulf Disean!

... 25 points of damage!

Flames incinerate right leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.

He is stunned!

... 25 points of damage!

Flames burn neck into a bubbling mass of flesh. Forget lunch.

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 87 (Open d100: 20, Bonus: 85)]

He dodges out of the way!

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 92 (Open d100: 61, Bonus: 50)]

He dodges out of the way!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 112 (Open d100: 73, Bonus: 50)]

... 25 points of damage!

Flames incinerate right arm to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.

He is stunned!

Raelee gestures at Disean.

The ground beneath Disean boils with renewed vigor!

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath Disean!

[SMR result: 131 (Open d100: 62, Bonus: 87)]

... 25 points of damage!

Flames incinerate right arm to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.

Magma erupts from the ground, striking him!

... 25 points of damage!

Flames incinerate left leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.

Disean drops dead at your feet!

The ground beneath Disean suddenly calms.

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Disean, healing him of all of his wounds.

Skeevve says, "What the..."

Skeevve says, "Why.."

Disean gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Cryheart says, "Disean is evil."

Disean points at Raelee and he suddenly looks tired.

Disean swings a black blade at Raelee!

AS: +515 vs DS: +751 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +40 = -163

A clean miss.

As Pukk moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Pukk!

... 4 points of damage!

Brrrr! That was a good hit to the right leg! Knocked Pukk silly.

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

As Cryheart moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 3 points of damage!

Cryheart looks as if a hot foot would feel good about now!

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 2 points of damage!

Chilly blast to the left eye leaves Geijon in tears.

He is stunned!

Ysharra utters a sharp phrase, tiny thorns rippling across her arms in a wave that moves toward her hands.

Ysharra gestures at Disean.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Disean! One of the thorns jabs into him!

... hits for 14 points of damage!

... 5 points of damage!

Minor puncture to the left leg.

[ongoing combat with crusaders at the outpost; at this point Leafi's still at Voln]

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 10 points of damage!

Geijon just got the cold shoulder!

Skeevve works his hands and fingers through a practiced series of intricate gestures with a confident flourish, arcane phrases flowing freely off his tongue.

Skeevve gestures at Disean.

Nothing happens.

Pukk draws a glowing pattern in the air before Disean.

Disean is unaffected by Pukk's gestures.

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 15 points of damage!

Geijon's right arm trembles with the cold.

He is stunned!

As Cryheart moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 3 points of damage!

Cryheart looks as if a hot foot would feel good about now!

Ysharra gestures at Disean.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Disean! Several of the thorns jab into him!

... hits for 3 points of damage!

... 10 points of damage!

Strike pierces thigh!

He is knocked to the ground!

... hits for 6 points of damage!

... 5 points of damage!

Glancing strike to the head!

Disean swings a black blade at Raelee!

Suddenly, starlit darkness engulfs Raelee and she vanishes, reappearing several feet away instantaneously!

Disean swings a black blade at Raelee!

AS: +980 vs DS: +890 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +83 = +206

... and hits for 35 points of damage!

Minor puncture to the right arm.

As Cryheart moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 4 points of damage!

Chilly blast to the right eye leaves Cryheart in tears.

He is stunned!

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 4 points of damage!

Ouch! What a stiff neck.

He is stunned!

Ysharra gestures at Disean.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Disean! Several of the thorns jab into him!

... hits for 6 points of damage!

... 15 points of damage!

Strike pierces gall bladder!

That's gotta hurt!

He is stunned!

... hits for 16 points of damage!

... 20 points of damage!

Pierced through neck, a fine shot!

As Geijon moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Geijon!

... 1 point of damage!

Brrrr! That was a good hit to the left leg! Knocked Geijon silly.

Disean clenches his fists and a wave of energy ripples across the ground, causing it to shake violently!

[I assume this knocked everyone down like past incidents, but familiars don't see that first-person messaging and Leafi was still at Voln]

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Disean, healing him of all of his wounds.

Ysharra says, "Ouch."

Speaking to Disean, Geijon asks, "What is wrong with you?"

Shiril says, "Well, that's welcoming."

Disean darkly says, "There is only one end."

Speaking to Disean, Dergoatean says, "You're a bad man, Mr. Disean. You are truly a disappointment to us all."

Speaking to Disean, Geijon says, "All of your friends are dead and you fight your own father."

Speaking to Disean, Ysharra says, "Your father is looking for you."

Dergoatean: "But Disean still here."

Speaking to Disean, Shinann asks, "Do you think your mother is telling you to do this?"

Speaking quietly to Disean, Pukk says, "Just letting you know, Lylia has cake."

Evia: "Be back shortly then, have to catch my breath and clean out my eyes..."

Orssus: "Where did the defense move to?"

Wolfloner hauls off and slaps Disean up'side the head!

Dergoatean: "Gates look okay, just rodets."

[Leafi finally fogs over, recovered]

Dergoatean: "Outpost."

Speaking mockingly to Disean, Leafiara claims, "Lucky shot."

Cryheart: "We are at the Outpost..Disean is here."

Disean just went through a thick oaken gate.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Why mayor, I didn't know you wanted me close."

[Hendoran Outpost, Entry Way]

Arrow slits ominously line both sides of the wooden entryway leading from the outside to the inside of the Hendoran outpost. Just wide enough to allow a wagon to squeeze through, the hard-packed earthen floor slopes inward guiding absent feet to the center of the space. Overhead three trapdoors punctuate the length of the ceiling between a thick oaken gate on one end and a black iron portcullis on the other.

Also here: Disean

An armored Hendoran knight charges in!

An armored Hendoran knight charges in!

An armored Hendoran knight charges in!

[a couple people attack, not realizing they're Hendorans]

Cryheart says, "Stop Disean."

Cryheart says, "Stop."

Arshwikk says, "Oops."

Disean swings a black blade at an armored Hendoran knight!

By amazing chance, the Hendoran knight evades the attack!

An armored Hendoran knight says, "Hey, Disean! I'm on your side! Watch it!"

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 97 (Open d100: 73, Bonus: 12)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Dergoatean says, "Not the knights."

Ysharra gestures at Disean.

Nothing happens.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 31 (Open d100: 8, Bonus: 12)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Skeevve says, "Why are we here fighting...."

Shinann exclaims, "Do not attack the knight!"

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 52 (Open d100: 28, Bonus: 12)]

A distant melody gives Disean pause, but nothing comes of it.

Cryheart says, "Dinnae attack the knights."

Ysharra utters a sharp phrase, tiny thorns rippling across her arms in a wave that moves toward her hands.

Ysharra gestures at Disean.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Disean! Several of the thorns jab into him!

... hits for 19 points of damage!

... 5 points of damage!

Minor puncture to the left leg.

... hits for 5 points of damage!

... 10 points of damage!

Strike pierces thigh!

He is knocked to the ground!

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at Disean.

As Lylia moves to attack Disean, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Lylia!

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara gestures at Disean.

[SMR result: 144 (Open d100: 94, Bonus: 39)]

A rich tapestry of music weaves itself out of the air, and Disean pauses to listen.

The music reaches a crescendo, and the sheer force of it staggers Disean for 19 points of damage!

... 25 points of damage!

Vertebrae swell in Disean's neck, thrusting through the skin.

He is stunned!

The music reaches a crescendo, and the sheer force of it staggers Disean for 15 points of damage!

... 20 points of damage!

Major bones in Disean's right arm crack loudly!

The music reaches a crescendo, and the sheer force of it staggers Disean for 17 points of damage!

... 25 points of damage!

Disean's eye explodes, showering you with gore.

The music reaches a crescendo, and the sheer force of it staggers Disean for 14 points of damage!

... 25 points of damage!

Pressure on Disean's organs causes internal bleeding.

Disean drops dead at your feet!

Cryheart says, "Target Disean only."

Shinann recites:

"Do not attack the knights!"

Speaking smugly to Disean, Leafiara says, "Vengeance."

Krystick gestures at Disean.

Krystick blasts Disean's corpse with a stream of water!

A large splash of water drenches Disean from head to toe!

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Hurry, skin Disean!"

Shiril says, "I don't suppose that will last..."

Falvicar gives Disean a friendly little kick.

Leafiara dusts Disean off.

Speaking to Leafiara, Skeevve says, "You get all the fun."

Ysharra asks, "Where's the coffin?"

Leafiara yells, "Thadston!"

The ghostly voice of Disean darkly says, "I'm sorry..."

Ysharra says, "No you're not."

Speaking to Disean, Dergoatean says, "Sure you are."

Falvicar quietly says, "Time to bury him."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Shiril says, "Pity."

Speaking to Disean, Ysharra says, "Liars go to Luukos."

Speaking offhandedly to Disean, Leafiara says, "It's not you, anyway--it's Raznel. Nothing personal."

Cryheart: "Disean dead within the Outpost."

Maags says, "Where IS Thadston."

Speaking to Leafiara, Skeevve says, "It's always personal! And I'd do it for you, kill this idiot..scum...who's bewitched..."

Shinann: "Thadston?"

Cryheart yells, "Lord Thadston!"

Speaking to Disean, Lylia says, "You are a pawn. As you have always been a pawn."

Leafiara: "Thadston, come get him!"

Shinann: "Disean is here... come to the Outpost."

Lylia muses, "When will you become a man, I wonder?"

Orssus: "Where is this outpost?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "Checked the town and quiet there for now."

Speaking to Disean, Maags says, "Yous still has a chance."

Shadows erupt from the ground and wrap around Disean and he melts away.

Cryheart: "South of Landing."

Leafiara says, "Eye for an--"

Dergoatean: "South of town a bit."

Leafiara mutters, "Oh, great."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "I see you have died my friend. Have you thought about donating to the church of Cholen? It's fun and exciting!"

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Ysharra says, "Too slow."

Leafiara: "Well, so much for that."

Skeevve says, "Did have a chance."

Puptilian asks, "Did you think the witch would let her toy get away so easily?"

Cryheart: "Well that dinnae last....shadows took Disean."

Leafiara says, "Thadston didn't move quickly enough, wherever he is."

Puptilian says, "Going to check town in case this was a distraction."

Thadston: "It's ready. We're bringing it. Where is he now?"

[scouting while familiar vision is ongoing]

Leafiara: "Unknown. He melted away into shadows."

Dergoatean: "Dissolved."

Pukk quietly asks, "I wonder what a Disean skin would have sold for?"

[extended combat at the outpost]

Puptilian: "Witch took her pawn back."

Alosaka: "Still rats all over town."

Arshwikk says, "Fancy."

Leafiara: "No sign in the forest." [of Disean]

Jahadeem: "How we doing?"

Alosaka: "And zombies, now."

Cryheart: "Any sightings near the gates?"

Leafiara: "Gates are emptied."

Puptilian: "Lots of rodents in town but the gates are ok."


Misty Moves

Within Wehnimer's Landing, a green mist begins to seep out of the skin of the giant rodents swarming the streets.

Alosaka: "Zombies inside the gates."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Leafiara dubiously says, "Oh boy."

Maylan exclaims, "Uh oh!"

Bernadette softly says, "Where be the cats."

Dergoatean recites:

"Might want to bring up disease resistance if you know it"

Speaking to Bernadette, Maags says, "Cowering."

Cryheart says, "Younguns."

Meureii: "Where are the lesser trained defenders?"

[Leafi regroups with the Cryblob]

Lylia says, "Cleanse them with fire."

Puptilian: "These rodents...something off about them. It's not health and could be a problem with the town. We need to get rid of them."

Meureii: "These are perfect to test your skills in defense of the town."

A pale green miasma billows out of the swarms of rodents and begins to creep along the ground and tinge the very air with its sickly pale green hue.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Nothing smells better than roasted meat."

Shiril dryly mutters, "Rats."

[combat]

Ithilwyn softly says, "No."

Ithilwyn softly asks, "Disease?"

Cryheart says, "Ok..time to patrol within the town."

Lazaryth says, "I don't know."

Leafiara: "We'd be getting rid of them whether there was something about them off or not."

Speaking to Melikor, Shiril asks, "Oh, do that again, would you?"

Speaking to Lylia, Dergoatean says, "Looks almost familiar." [presumably referring to the green mist, though Lylia had also just taken out her handkerchief and it could have been that too]

Speaking to Lazaryth, Ysharra asks, "Let's be careful, shall we?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I know how to keep you busy." [he'd been looting enemies all night and giving Leafi the silvers to reduce encumbrance, so she kept running off to the bank--though, given Relieve Burden, she didn't actually need to]

Speaking warmly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Always. That said... scouting."

[scouting]

A host of skeletal Blameless emerge again on the edge of the forest, almost fully cloaked in falling slow. They stand, watching and waiting.

Speaking to Melikor, Shiril says, "And you wear it well."

Speaking to Shiril, Ysharra asks, "He's animated when he's getting dirty, isn't he?"

[regrouping]

Leafiara tentatively asks, "What are they looking for? What's the trap they're expecting?"

Maylan: "Let's man the gates again."

Speaking to Ysharra, Shiril says, "I certainly hope so."

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Pukk exclaims, "I'm always animated!"

Jahadeem: "But Maylan you're a woman!"

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin says, "Eesh, take your time with it."

Dergoatean: "Person the gates!"

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra asks, "What?"

Falvicar: "I'm at the west gate."

Speaking to Pukk, Shiril says, "I can animate you a bit better, I believe. You just need to be a corpse first."

Maylan: "We've got goblins at the gate."

Cryheart: "We are outside of North gate, anyone covering West gate?"

[scouting]

Dergoatean: "5 covering west gate."

Maylan: "Five of us here."

Jahadeem: "Will be there when I can."

Speaking quietly to Shiril, Pukk exclaims, "Deal!"

The green mist continues to seep up from the rodents, even as many of them die or are cut down, the tinge of green soaks into the very air.

Cryheart says, "Think we need more at West gate."

Geijon says, "Green mist."

Speaking pleasedly to Pukk, Shiril exclaims, "Excellent!"

The skeletal Blameless stand watching and waiting at the edge of the forest.

Istafia: "Rodents are releasing a gas, be wary."

Cryheart says, "We need a few more at west gate."

[regrouping]

Leafiara speculates, "...maybe it's feeding the blight... either that or the opposite. Another round of antimagic..."

Shiril dryly says, "That's not ominous or anything..."

Ysharra says, "They're waiting for us to sicken."

Meureii: "We should take the fight to them."

Maags says, "I will go."

Jahadeem: "They ate a lot of beans."

Puptilian: "Calling all rangers and wizards that can cast breeze or wind spells. We need to try to get rid of this green mist inside town."

Morofinwe: "Rodents all over town still."

Ithilwyn softly says, "I'm upset about them, I'll find more boots."

[during scouting]

The air crackles with ethereal energy!

You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...

[all outside spells dispelled, including notably the familiar (which I didn't notice for a while), so I lose track a bit here of what's going on]

[regrouping]

Leafiara says, "Antimagic it was, then."

Ysharra says, "...I don't like that."

Shinann: "Magic is vanishing..."

Puptilian: "Same thing on the west ring rd."

Jahadeem: "It even hit TSC."

Morofinwe: "The rodents steal spells it seems."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Leafening?"

Cryheart says, "Ahhh."

[a few people start spelling up again, but another wave of antimagic hits]

Ysharra says, "And now gone."

Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Leafiara defiantly exclaims, "Not happening!"

[Leafi gets a series of imbeds and starts going through them]

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "You cursed us!"

The Blameless charge!

Maylan: "Get ready!"

Cryheart says, "Here they come."

A cold, dank wind blows in, followed by a white-armored skeletal crusader!

A cold, dank wind blows in, followed by a white-armored skeletal crusader!

A cold, dank wind blows in, followed by a white-armored skeletal crusader!

Guarrin deeply says, "That's bloody annoying."

[combat]

Skeevve says, "Hate it when they do that."

Dergoatean: "Walls of force!"

[very extended combat that goes rather poorly:]

Also here: the body of Sir Geijon who is lying down, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, the body of Uthenegal who is lying down, the body of Xanthras who is lying down, Zosopage, the body of Xanlin who is lying down, the body of Lady Shaelethe who is lying down, Felarion, Cyar, the body of Thremkin who is lying down, a stunned Mister Skeevve, Mayor Lylia, Xorus, Shiril, Alasatia, Ysharra, the body of Melikor who is lying down, Pukk, Bernadette, the body of Grand Lord Drung who is lying down, Karthas, Yakushi, Arena Hero Arshwikk, the body of Rykul who is lying down, Sir Cryheart, Guarrin

Maylan: "I brought some dead to voln."

[combat]

Dergoatean: "West gate has fallen."

[combat]

Leafiara mockingly says, "Oh, if only it were this easy, Raznel."

[combat]

Dergoatean: "North gate too."

[combat]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a dented gold box, a huge bone giant that is lying down, a huge bone giant that is lying down, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader that appears dead, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader that is lying down, a ruffled red-footed falcon that is flying around, a sinuous bone white serpent, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Arshwikk disk, an emerald-eyed haughty black cat, an enormous leucistic jaguar, an indistinct dull black darkling, a languid inky black arashan, a floating crystal green eye that is flying around, some blackened platemail, the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: the body of Sir Geijon who is lying down, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, the body of Uthenegal who is lying down, the body of Xanthras who is lying down, Zosopage, the body of Xanlin who is lying down, the body of Lady Shaelethe who is lying down, Event Planner Leafiara, Felarion, the body of Thremkin who is lying down, the body of Mister Skeevve who is lying down, the body of Mayor Lylia who is lying down, the body of Xorus who is lying down, the body of Shiril who is lying down, Alasatia, the body of Ysharra who is lying down, the body of Melikor who is lying down, the body of Pukk who is lying down, the body of Bernadette who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Drung who is lying down, the body of Karthas who is lying down, the body of Yakushi who is lying down, Arena Hero Arshwikk, the body of Rykul who is lying down, Sir Cryheart, the body of Guarrin who is lying down

[someone uses Symbol of Return]

Leafiara flusteredly claims, "Hey! We were winining!"

[by some definitions of winning :D]

The ghostly voice of Falvicar quietly says, "We needed bacon."

[Leafi rushes back to Noth Gate]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a ruffled red-footed falcon that is flying around, some full plate, a dented gold box, a huge bone giant that appears dead, a huge bone giant that appears dead, a white-armored skeletal crusader that is lying down, a languid inky black arashan, a floating crystal green eye that is flying around, some blackened platemail, the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Avalera, the body of Sir Geijon who is lying down, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, the body of Uthenegal who is lying down, the body of Xanthras who is lying down, the body of Xanlin who is lying down, the body of Lady Shaelethe who is lying down, the body of Thremkin who is lying down, the body of Mister Skeevve who is lying down, the body of Mayor Lylia who is lying down, the body of Xorus who is lying down, the body of Shiril who is lying down, the body of Melikor who is lying down, the body of Pukk who is lying down, the body of Bernadette who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Drung who is lying down, the body of Karthas who is lying down, the body of Yakushi who is lying down, the body of Rykul who is lying down, the body of Guarrin who is lying down

The ghostly voice of Shiril says, "Hmm."

Krystick says, "Oi."

[Leafi and Arshwikk attempt to fight the remaining crusaders alone, aided by Symbol of Retribution from Shaelethe and Thremkin]

The ghostly voice of Skeevve says, "Well you look like you are having fun."

Leafiara admits, "This could be going better."

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "Ready to be a animated Pukk for you now."

[extended combat]

Speaking to Xorus, the ghostly voice of Shaelethe asks, "Is she making you dance?" [Lylia was anmating him]

Disean can be seen emerging from his Blameless, blood red runes glowing along his armor. He is obscured again in falling snow.

[triage]

Arshwikk says, "The platemail is cursed, by the way."

Leafiara: "He's been sighted again, Thadston. Be ready."


Infiltration

A dark elven woman moves through the grasslands, wrapped in black velvet and a black jacquard overgown tightly laced over some black leathers. Her wide set storm grey eyes look onward as they both approach the Outpost, her thick auburn hair hanging down to her waist. Hendoran and Bourthian soldiers nod as she passes through the gates and into the depths of the Outpost.

The ghostly voice of Xorus says, "Imposter."

Stormyrain: "Who was that?"

Lylia hisses, "How dare she..."

Speaking wryly to Lylia, Leafiara says, "I do believe Raznel's up to her appearance tricks..."

Ysharra: "It looks like Lylia."

Leafiara: "It isn't. She's here in the square."

Leafiara: "Breshon! Don't let her through!"

Ysharra: "I said it looks like Lylia."

Shinann: "Someone impersonating her."

Lylia haughtily says, "I cannot fault her taste, but I take issue with the execution."

Leafiara: "I know. Just trying to alert any soldiers listening in."

Shinann: "Lylia that was not you, right?"

Leafiara: "She's right here in the square."

The ghostly voice of Xorus says, "Your alibi is sound."

Lylia says, "It could hardly be better. I was dead."

Shinann: "I am inside the Outpost."

Shinann: "Raznel killed me... she is inside the Outpost."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain says, "Outpost."

Leafiara mutters, "Raznel... to the outpost."

Screams echo from the walls of the Hendoran outpost as soldiers suddenly explode, a shower of flesh and bits and bone flying outward! A dark elven woman with storm grey eyes walks among them, blood coating her body from the massacre.

Ysharra says, "They're framing you again."

Lylia exclaims, "She is not blaming me for this one. Oh, no, if there is to be slaughter, I shall claim it if it is due!"

[scouting]

Leafiara: "The outpost is overrun with crusaders."

[Hendoran Outpost, Feast Hall] A number of tables and chairs are set against the walls of the hall, waiting the next meal or well attended meeting. At the end of the hallway is a wide stairwell with two Imperial soldiers standing sentry at its base. Hendoran military banners decorate the stone walls along with flags of defeated enemies, a ragged Nalfein banner among them.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Magister Raelee

Speaking to Raelee, Leafiara mentions, "It's nasty in that courtyard."

[back to scouting]

Pukk: "Not too worried about imp soldiers bursting really."

Shinann: "They were coming in when I heard the cackle."

Lylia: "I shall worry about it if any fools believe it was me."

Leafiara: "We'll need to reassemble a large force since the crusaders are immune to magic."

Leafiara: "...never mind the dispels as well."

Thadston: "Has Disean been spotted?"

Leafiara: "Not since the last time."

Scale-like, shiny blebs begin to appear on Leafiara's skin, growing with frightening rapidity.

Leafiara suddenly says, "The plague... this'll get ugly."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Leafiara, Ryndith says, "It already is ugly."

Shinann: "We had him outside the Outpost, but the shadows took him."

Speaking wryly to Ryndith, Leafiara admits, "Much as I hate to say it, I'm glad... I've been worried for months because I haven't been targeted, as if she needed me alive for some reason."

Leafiara worriedly says, "But this is gonna hurt."

Scale-like, shiny blebs begin to appear on Leafiara's skin, growing with frightening rapidity.

Disean: "Father, there is only one end."

Meureii: "I am inside the outpost now with no signs."

Pukk: "Where is everybody at?"

Leafiara: "It's not the one you--or rather the witch--expect."

Lylia: "Whom do you see doing this, Disean?"

[Leafi goes looking for a rescue]

A series of reddish blebs begin to appear randomly over Leafiara's skin. Though not very painful in and of themselves, they may signal something much more dangerous on the way.

[Outpost, Outer Courtyard]

A pair of Hendoran soldiers stand at attention on either side of a black iron portcullis which leads outside the outpost. Beyond them, the courtyard fills a space between the outer wooden wall and an inner wall made of stone, where a fortified keep rises behind it. Above, imperial soldiers slowly walk the parapet of the outer wall, their eyes focused on the horizon. You also see a white-armored skeletal crusader and a grey brick tavern.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Pukk who is lying down, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down

[grabs everyone, withdraws to town]

[triage]

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Leafiara says, "Okay... before I get plagued too badly..."

Morofinwe quietly says, "This is getting a bit more than ugly."

Shinann: "Cryheart was just up... now he is down and everyone with him."

Raznel: "I have Cryheart....he'll be just fine..."

Leafiara: "We need to reassemble as a group. Their magic immunity and the dispels make it too problematic for just a few of us."

Leafiara says, "We need to reassemble as a group. Their magic immunity and the dispels make it too problematic for just a few of us."

Speaking to Puptilian, Chaoswynd says, "Oh quite. Complete success."

[a locate shows...]

[Outpost, Outer Courtyard]

A pair of Hendoran soldiers stand at attention on either side of a black iron portcullis which leads outside the outpost. Beyond them, the courtyard fills a space between the outer wooden wall and an inner wall made of stone, where a fortified keep rises behind it. Above, imperial soldiers slowly walk the parapet of the outer wall, their eyes focused on the horizon. You also see a white-armored skeletal crusader and a grey brick tavern.

Also here: Raznel, the body of Zosopage who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Myharl who is lying down, the body of Sir Cryheart who is lying down

Dergoatean: "Oh, that's good to he.. hey! wait."

Puptilian says, "Raznel has the knight."

Dark, yellowish nodules erupt from your skin in very inconvenient places, sending threads of pain throughout your entire body. Some of the nodules ooze or bleed, others have made it difficult to move in certain places. [not even gonna attempt to render that one in third person]

... 4 points of damage!

Small veins in Leafiara's neck burst, the blood flows freely.

She is stunned!

Maylan: "Where are you Leafi?"

Puptilian asks, "Leaf?"

Maags: "Yous let him go NOW or yous will never be alright!"

Maylan: "Go to a landmark and report."

Leafiara roars, "Oh, I think not!" [response to Raznel getting Cryheart, not to the plague or Maylan]

Puptilian says, "What was that."

[rushes to grab Zoso, Myharl, and Cryheart, but Raznel's no longer there]

[Outpost, Outer Courtyard]

A pair of Hendoran soldiers stand at attention on either side of a black iron portcullis which leads outside the outpost. Beyond them, the courtyard fills a space between the outer wooden wall and an inner wall made of stone, where a fortified keep rises behind it. Above, imperial soldiers slowly walk the parapet of the outer wall, their eyes focused on the horizon. You also see a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader and a grey brick tavern.

Also here: the body of Zosopage who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Myharl who is lying down, the body of Sir Cryheart who is lying down

Dergoatean: "Cryheart and Raznel, and a few others, and blameless, at the outpost courtyard."

The ghostly voice of Myharl deeply says, "I'm going to fell that witch one day."

Leafiara exclaims, "Where'd she go!"

Maylan: "Well that sounds like a good place for folks to assemble."

The ghostly voice of Cryheart says, "She ran."

Leafiara: "Raznel's no longer here with Cryheart."

Sentral heartily says, "Wow."

The ghostly voice of Zosopage exclaims, "Only way she can beat us is by cheating!"

Leafiara weakly says, "I... doing... what I can..."

Jahadeem: "I may be just too tired to leave town."

[fogs back]

[Wehnimer's, Erebor Square]

The dome of a large temple rises above this peaceful square, silhouetted against the starlit sky. The circular building is surrounded by marble porticos and teak columns, and a promenade leads to two pillars, through which the inner sanctum can be glimpsed. Priests and worshippers wander here and there, engaged in various rituals of devotion or study. A locked almsbox is securely bolted to an iron pole alongside the pillars. You also see a glowing white stone and a wrought iron gate.

Also here: the body of Zosopage who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Myharl who is lying down, the body of Sir Cryheart who is lying down

[fogging]

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, a thick fudge brownie filled with pieces of walnut, a large wooden barrel and the town gates.

Also here: the body of Sir Cryheart who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Myharl who is lying down, the body of Zosopage who is lying down, Melikor, Cirkas, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna

Shinann just arrived.

Leafiara weakly says, "I... can't..."

Leafiara says, "We'll... stay here..."

Shinann asks, "You raising here?"

Leafiara nods slowly at Shinann.

[didn't want to keep fogging until we hit TSC, with the impending plague]

Your joints feel extremely weak as the dark nodules on your skin feel as through they are eating their way inside of you.

You are forced to your knees by the crippling effects of leprosy!

... 1 point of damage!

Your right leg jerks momentarily.

[triage starts]

Leafiara woundedly says, "Plagued..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Tarvok asks, "Are you quite alright there?"

Maylan: "Who leads now?"

Dergoatean: "I don't think we have one of those."

Shiril: "Raznel, apparently."

Maylan: "Time to get one!"

Maylan: "You folks know what to do. Form a blob and designate a Cryheart."

Jahadeem: "I think I will be protecting this tree in TSC for the duration."

All of Leafiara's hair begins to turn white, some of it falling to the the ground in clumps. Her nails become weak and brittle, and herr teeth seem ready to fall out as her gums bleed steadily.

... 4 points of damage!

Blood boils in Leafiara's chest.

Speaking tiredly to Tarvok, Leafiara says, "Alright enough, just... too many corpses to manage..."

Maylan: "Solid plan."

Leafiara mutters, "And the plague, right..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Tarvok says, "Keep it up, you're doing great."

White-armored skeletal crusaders swarm the walls of the Hendoran Outpost as imperial soldiers rush in to clash with them, quickly being overrun. A young girl can be seen firing arrows at the skeletal Blameless before darting in and out of the shadows of the ramparts.

Leafiara weakly says, "But I'm... glad... I was so worried about why I hadn't gotten any plagues before now..."

Your joints feel extremely weak as the dark nodules on your skin feel as through they are eating their way inside of you.

... 4 points of damage!

Small veins in Leafiara's neck burst, the blood flows freely.

She is stunned!

Leafiara hatefully yells, "RAZNEL!"

Maags says, "Where did she go."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "You always are trying to be the center of attention...how stunning."

Tarvok says, "Pup's at the outpost."

Leafiara recites:

"Join Cryheart!"

Maylan says, "Disband the dead."

Maylan says, "I'll take them."

Shinann says, "They are overrunning the Outpost."

Speaking to Pukk, Shiril warns, "Be nice to her."

Speaking to Leafiara, Tarvok says, "I think you've made it through the worst of it."

Leafiara weakly says, "Too much of my spirit sapped to get to the outpost right now unless we go in a large group..."

Dry skin flakes off leaving the new, healthy skin that was underneath.

Cryheart asks, "Ready to go?"

Maylan says, "Let's gather more numbers."

Leafiara mumbles, "Ready enough, I guess."

Your skin no longer feels hot and sweaty.

Maylan says, "One moment."

Leafiara tiredly recommends, "Get to the square and see if any others want to join..."

Maags says, "I will join yous."

Maylan: "We are forming a Cryblob at the north gate. Let's join up and combine forces."

[move to TSC]

Maylan: "We are now in TSC."

Leafiara: "Now forming in the square."

Cryheart says, "We headed to the Outpost to help..join me."

Meureii: "Fairly good number in the Outpost still."

Maylan: "Join up for the main force. Leafi is right, we should all band together."

[Voln - Leafiara] "The Cryblob's reforming at TSC! Come join!"

Shinann: "Thadston, where are you?"

Cryheart says, "We headed to the Outpost to help..join me."

Maylan: "We'll combine once we get there. Hold on."

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "Good job on coordinating everybody."

Thadston: "We're searching in the wilds for Disean."

Missandai recites softly:

"Join Cryheart if you want to go help at the Outpost."

Maags: "This was not the best night to drink or oversleep and be late!"

Leafiara: "Even I'm not crazy enough to charge in there alone this time. Form up!"

Cryheart recites:

"Moving out"

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "I knew you would be great at this."

Shiril says, "At least you still look pretty as a corpse."

Meureii: "But...it's fairly harmless inside."

Maylan: "Cryblob is moving out. Join Cryheart when you see him."

Leafiara asks, "Does anyone need spirituals?"

[another wave of dispels hits]

Cryheart says, "Hold attacks."

Ardwen says, "Lovely."

Shinann says, "Well."

Leafiara slowly asks, "Well, does anyone need spirituals NOW?"

[travel]

Shiril says, "Well..."

Guarrin deeply says, "So much for that."

Maylan says, "They won't hold."

Pukk quietly says, "Well, that was horrible."

Evia says, "Uh huh."

Speaking to Pukk, Shiril says, "Best summary."

[crusaders meet the group and start delivering casualties]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara muses, "I think, just maybe, we needed a larger force than that."

The ghostly voice of Puptilian says, "Where is Bekke when we need to burn down an outpost."

Leafiara wryly says, "Hey, I've been saying that for years."

The ghostly voice of Nightstoarm says, "I've just learned this is above my paygrade."

The ghostly voice of Thremkin says, "Those skeletons are fast."

The ghostly voice of Puptilian says, "Wow."

[regrouping at Voln]

Unggo says, "I think I'll just wait till the invasion is over."

[triage]

Puptilian says, "Let's burn down the outpost and call it a night."

Dergoatean: "Most of the party died."

Speaking sagely to Puptilian, Leafiara says, "I like it."

Maylan: "I ran away triumphantly."

Razanetika softly says, "I see dead people."

Meureii: "Looks like only a couple of Crusaders left in the Outpost."


Regrouping Again

Cryheart: "Bodies seem to be gone from the Outpost..but Crusaders and Meureii are still there."

[a mishap on my end Symbol of Seekings us into Varunar briefly, but we double fog back... whoops, sorry :D]

Chamorr: "Outpost has good bourbon."

Morofinwe: "So operation save the bourbon is on?"

Leafiara musingly says, "Now what..."

Cryheart says, "Check for dead bodies."

Ensayn notes, "Still alive."

Cryheart says, "The crusaders have weighted weapons it appears."

Evia says, "Didn't see any dead people on a quick walk."

Ensayn grimly says, "For the moment."

Cryheart says, "Let's patrol inside."

Zosopage says, "I was fine until I put my weapon away to drag."

[scouting]

Ensayn worriedly says, "Please don't let there be griffins."

Speaking quietly to Maags, Pukk exclaims, "We can all hide behind you!"

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Feel like a dullard...scroll has made me nearly blind as a bat tonight."

Cryheart: "Ok..town is clear..."

A red orc can be seen rushing away from the stone walls of the Hendoran Outpost, a wild, frightened look in his eyes. He snorts and grunts and can be seen fleeing off into the wilds and disappearing into the night.

Evia says, "Well, more of us all in one clump now."

Maags asks, "Disean disappear again and Raznel too?"

Leafiara mutters, "Grand."

Cryheart says, "Errr."

Evia says, "What the heck."

Cryheart asks, "That was Thrayzar?"

Raznel: "Oops?"

Shinann says, "That is not good either."

Leafiara says, "So that's what they were doing here..."

Maylan says, "Looks to be."

Guarrin deeply says, "Assume so."

Shinann says, "I think so."

Cryheart says, "It has quietened down."

A loud cackle echoes throughthe area.

Dergoatean: "You shush."

Evia: "You wretch."

Maylan says, "Not used to seeing him afraid like that."

Cryheart says, "Raznel."

Bernadette softly says, "Mebbe not jes yet."

Zosopage says, "Eye of the storm."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Xorus: "Free as the wind blows."

Shinann yells, "You will die Witch!"

Evia: "Burn in eternal fire, you will...and soon."

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "Oh good. We are safe then."

Puptilian: "It's ok Raznel. He has been so focused on killing you, his only thoughts now may be to hunt you down. Good luck."

Ysharra: "Rachel, I saw your children."

Imperial soldiers and white skeletal crusaders still clash loudly within the courtyard of the Hendoran Outpost.

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin says, "Points for enthusiasm."

From nearby, you hear Ardwen yell, "You cackle like a drunken halfling!"

Maylan: "I wish upon you a thousand paper cuts."

Cryheart: "Come to me Raznel...and receive a kiss of death."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I don't know who to cheer for."

Maylan: "And some lemon juice!"

Zosopage says, "Still inside the post it seems."

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin says, "Eternal was a nice touch."

Falvicar: "You will die for killing my parents, wench."

Maylan: "YEAH."

Speaking excitedly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "Maybe, just maybe, they will both destroy each other!"

Leafiara offhandedly says, "I'll go check a few places."

[scouting]

[eventual regroup, extended combat with crusaders]

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Cryheart...

[Outpost, Outer Courtyard]

A pair of Hendoran soldiers stand at attention on either side of a black iron portcullis which leads outside the outpost. Beyond them, the courtyard fills a space between the outer wooden wall and an inner wall made of stone, where a fortified keep rises behind it. Above, imperial soldiers slowly walk the parapet of the outer wall, their eyes focused on the horizon. You also see a battle axe, the black Sentral disk, some full plate, a rotted leather quiver, an aquamarine wand, a pink topaz, some wolifrew lichen, an uncut ruby, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader that is lying down, the Ensayn disk, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader, a white-armored skeletal crusader that appears dead and a grey brick tavern. Also here: Jurist of Claw Sentral, Ambassador Ardwen, the body of Event Planner Leafiara who is lying down, the body of Orssus who is lying down, the body of High Lady Lauranathalasa who is lying down, Bernadette, Maags, the body of Pukk who is lying down, Zosopage, the body of Guarrin who is lying down, Ensayn, Falvicar, the body of Avalera who is lying down, the body of Dame Evia who is lying down, Alasatia, Sir Cryheart, Marshal Meureii

The ghostly voice of Leafiara admits, "This isn't my best showing, I have to say, despite killing Disean earlier."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Evia says, "Meh."

[Leafi gets a rescue]

Ensayn says, "That's ugly."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara wryly says, "Yeah, just a bit."

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a volatile aurora spirit that is flying around, the Avignon disk, the translucent Imrahal disk, a large horned frog, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a small raven that is flying around, a ruffled red-footed falcon that is flying around, a shaggy samoyed, a forest wolf, a thick fudge brownie filled with pieces of walnut, a large fel tree and a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it.

Also here: Ensayn, the body of Event Planner Leafiara who is lying down, the body of Dame Evia who is lying down, Maags, the body of Orssus who is lying down, Avignon, Witbier who is lying down, Thremkin who is sitting, Great Lord Ryndith who is kneeling, Imrahal who is sitting, Nightstoarm who is lying down, Great Lord Krystick, Puptilian who is sitting, Adyon, Lord Mucarluk who is sitting, Razanetika, Great Lord Kobane, Jarrah, Psychans, Lord Justician who is kneeling, Rasson who is sitting, Lady Persistance who is kneeling

Witbier says, "Wow that was a close one."

The ghostly voice of Evia says, "What a mess."

Mucarluk says, "Looks like we got more incoming."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara carefully admits, "So, ya know, things could be going better."

Cryheart says, "Ouch."

The ghostly voice of Pukk quietly says, "So, since most of us is dead. Let's play a game of dead, dead, dead goose."

The ghostly voice of Sentral heartily says, "Insane."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika asks, "What has happened to my hero?!?!?"

The ghostly voice of Evia says, "So much for our notion of infallibility."

The ghostly voice of Bernadette softly says, "Fiddles."

Puptilian says, "I think we need to call the outpost lost at this point."

Speaking adamantly to Evia, the ghostly voice of Leafiara exclaims, "We're still winning! These are just setbacks!"

[extended triage]


Raznel's Goal

Imperial soldiers shout as some of the Blameless are beaten back but others shout, "The witch is inside!"

Leafiara wryly says, "Yeah, I bet she is."

Shinann: "The witch is upstairs... through the door."

Leafiara: "Which one?"

[a locate reveals...]

[Hendoran Outpost, Gateway]

The stone walls are smooth and covered with faint, yet meticulously-detailed wards that periodically shimmer with pale silver light. The glow from the rune-etched walls bathes the entire circular chamber in a soft luminosity. The very air crackles with a powerful energy, as the occasional spark of lightning dances harmlessly across the high-domed ceiling. You also see a rune-carved steel door.

Also here: Shinann, Magister Raelee, Raznel

[but I have no clue where this is, nor apparently does anyone other than those two and Xorus, so insert a bunch of aimless wandering with multiple groups and individuals trying and failing to find them]

[wandering]

Dergoatean says, "I can try."

[wandering]

Cryheart: "Checking for Raznel."

[wandering]

Leafiara says, "Can't find them..."

[wandering]

Dergoatean says, "I think we're looking for a rune-covered door, maybe."

Leafiara mutters, "I clearly don't know this place well enough."

Skeevve says, "Yeah, good times, wandering around...tryin to die.."

Leafiara says, "There's a rune-covered door at the lab, but it doesn't lead to them." [because, as it turns out, there are two rune-covered doors at the lab and I saw the wrong one]

Maags says, "Little bit of a maze."

Ensayn hopefully says, "I saw a dartboard."

[another locate reveals...]

[Hendoran Outpost, Gateway]

The stone walls are smooth and covered with faint, yet meticulously-detailed wards that periodically shimmer with pale silver light. The glow from the rune-etched walls bathes the entire circular chamber in a soft luminosity. The very air crackles with a powerful energy, as the occasional spark of lightning dances harmlessly across the high-domed ceiling. You also see a rune-carved steel door.

Also here: the body of Shinann who is lying down, Magister Raelee, Raznel

Cryheart asks, "Back at the gate?"

[right at this point I finally notice my familiar was dispelled earlier, so I resummon to have it look for Shinann, but it can't reach that room either]

Dergoatean says, "Maybe."

[wandering]

Chamorr heartily says, "Dungeon."

[wandering]

Maylan: "Where did folks go?"

Cryheart asks, "Dungeon?"

Maylan: "Where is mister Cryheart?"

Dergoatean: "Cryblob is wandering around the outpost trying to find anything."

Evia: "Kinda wandering around aimlessly."

Maylan: "Wait for us!"

Chamorr heartily says, "They had the cells."

Skeevve says, "What's the worst that could happen in a dungeon...."

[Hendoran Outpost, Gateway]

The stone walls are smooth and covered with faint, yet meticulously-detailed wards that periodically shimmer with pale silver light. The glow from the rune-etched walls bathes the entire circular chamber in a soft luminosity. The very air crackles with a powerful energy, as the occasional spark of lightning dances harmlessly across the high-domed ceiling. You also see a rune-carved steel door.

Also here: Xorus, the body of Shinann who is lying down, Magister Raelee, Raznel

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Speaking to Skeevve, Dergoatean says, "You could get dunged."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Leafiara mumbles, "Baffling."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Evia says, "Never saw nothing in my rambles."

Leafiara amusedly asks, "Is that supposed to be a warrning, Raznel? Like we ever heed those?" [referring to the multiple trackback locates, though in hindsight it could also have been Maylan and company looking for us]

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Dergoatean: " Cryblob trying to find the action - trust us we're not feeling any closer than the odd straggler"

[wandering]

Dergoatean: "Anyone still have eyes on Raznel?"

[wandering and Leafi finally finds it]

[Hendoran Outpost, Gateway]

The stone walls are smooth and covered with faint, yet meticulously-detailed wards that periodically shimmer with pale silver light. The glow from the rune-etched walls bathes the entire circular chamber in a soft luminosity. The very air crackles with a powerful energy, as the occasional spark of lightning dances harmlessly across the high-domed ceiling. You also see a rune-carved steel door.

Also here: Event Planne Leafiara, Xorus, Magister Raelee

Raelee asks, "Is that not why I asked?"

[a locate shows Shinann at the altar, so Leafi just fogs over there since Raznel's not here anymore anyway]

[Temple, Altar]

The altar is plain, and bears only onyx bowls of smouldering incense and smoking paraffin. Draped behind it is a cloth banner, appliqued with an ancient mystical pattern. A legend is embroidered along the bottom. On the far side of the room at the end of an aisle, you see two pillars. You also see a pumpkin spice muffin with maple cream frosting.

Also here: Shinann who is sitting

Speaking concernedly to Shinann, Leafiara asks, "Are you okay?"

Shinann says, "I was following Raelee and Raznel."

Leafiara: "She seems to be gone now..."

Leafiara: "It was the door at the northeast end of the alchemy lab."

Shinann says, "Then she killed me to use my blood to open a way to the Bleaklands."

Leafiara sighs, "Any idea where they went."

Shinann says, "Xorus showed up."

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Wait, what? Why..."

Shinann says, "I am tired of keeping quiet."

Leafiara dubiously says, "Hm."

Leafiara says, "What need would she have of that..."

Leafiara says, "She can already get there any time, so.. a path to clear the way for her forces there to reach here, then."

Leafiara admits, "...probably."

Leafiara says, "I'l go back to the Cryblob, but..."

Leafiara says, "You... take as much time as you need."

Cryheart: "Go through the second portcullis in the Outpost...then go tower..and find the stairwell..go up that...then look for passage going ne."

[return to the group]

[Hendoran Outpost, Gateway]

The stone walls are smooth and covered with faint, yet meticulously-detailed wards that periodically shimmer with pale silver light. The glow from the rune-etched walls bathes the entire circular chamber in a soft luminosity. The very air crackles with a powerful energy, as the occasional spark of lightning dances harmlessly across the high-domed ceiling. You also see a rune-carved steel door.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Ysharra, Melikor, Mistress Berkana, Pukk, Zosopage, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Rasson, Lord Chamorr, Dergoatean, Xanlin, Xanthras, Wolfloner, Felarion, Rykul, Mister Skeevve, Karthas, Ensayn, Maags, Orssus, Arena Hero Arshwikk, Lady Shaelethe, Ambassador Ardwen, Dame Evia, Land Pirate Maylan, Sir Cryheart, Shiril, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Magister Raelee

Ysharra says, "I have not."

Thrassus says, "He's out in the woods somewhere."

Maags says, "Has not seen nor heard from him."

Maags says, "After all the yelling about the box."

Raelee: "Thadston? Are you out there, yet?"

Zosopage says, "He looked a little scared though."

Cryheart says, "I so wanted to return the favor to Raznel."

Leafiara asks, "We talking about Disean?"

Rasson says, "Not the first time he's missing from the battle."

Skeevve says, "I just want Raznel's head."

Skeevve says, "On a pike."

Skeevve says, "Burning."

Zosopage says, "Thadston."

Maags says, "I jus wants to see it gone."

Cryheart says, "Aye, Thadston."

Maags says, "Forever."

Leafiara dubiously asks, "Thadston was spotted out there looking scared?"

Wolfloner quietly says, "Perhaps he fears for his son."

Shinann: "Raelee and Xorus can explain whatever the witch was doing when she slit my throat.... they were both there. To learn... that I bleed, I suppose. I am safe for now."

Zosopage says, "Running into the forest."

Speaking to Skeevve, Evia says, "With her face chopped off."

Cryheart says, "The red orc ran past us looking scared."

Leafiara says, "Oh, you mean Thrayzar."

Zosopage says, "Er ya."

Speaking to Evia, Skeevve says, "Well, chopped off, or at least, with an axe in her skull..."

Cryheart says, "Thrayzar was being held in a coffin in the Outpost."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "Now that you are here. I can hide behind you."

Cryheart says, "Shinann is safe now."

Zosopage asks, "Is it still snowing out there?"

Evia says, "Sooooo...."

Zosopage asks, "Anyone know?"

Cryheart says, "I was too busy to notice myself."

Cryheart says, "Nae sure."

Shinann: "Granted I followed too...."

Zosopage: "Is it still snowing out there?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Thrassus says something you don't understand.

Shiril: "Did you say or do anything in particular to result in the throat-slitting?"

Leafiara sighs, "Even though we repelled their forces... we didn't get Disean, so it's at least as much a loss as a win."

Leafiara blithely says, "Oh well. Another night."

Maags says, "No win."

Raelee says, "... it may be for the best."

(OOC) Zosopage's player whispers to the group, "At least he lets us kill him."

Speaking to Raelee, Shiril prompts, "... because?"

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Hey, I have to drag him kicking and screaming into those deaths, heh. But yes, I agree!"

Shinann: "I told her she was a patchwork baby like she tried to make for Peter... she only produces death. Might have annoyed her a bit..."

Raelee says, "Someone deliver a message to Thadston."

Raelee says, "And tell him not to place Disean into that coffin."

Skeevve asks, "Something about "The witch ran again"?"

Speaking curiously to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "Why not?"

Leafiara wryly says, "He's hard to convince even with a reason, never mind without one."

Cryheart says, "Aye..she ran all over us."

Shiril: "Some individuals can't handle truths."

Raelee slowly says, "I did learn one thing tonight."

Speaking to Cryheart, Skeevve says, "That much is true, but then she escaped."

Speaking to Raelee, Ysharra says, "Please."

Raelee says, "... and that is that Raznel was the one who designed the coffins, originally."

Cryheart says, "Ahhh."

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Oh, that explains it then."

Xorus says, "Intriguing."

Ysharra says, "So she was able to open it."

Cryheart says, "Was wondering how Thrayzar escaped."

Speaking thoughtfully to Raelee, Shiril says, "That seems useful to know."

Speaking to Ysharra, Raelee says, "Easily."

Speaking agreeably to Xorus, Pukk says, "Yes, it is intrguing."

Thrassus asks, "Did Octaven have this information all along?"

Leafiara amicably says, "Word's been sent."

Speaking to Thrassus, Raelee says, "I do not know."

Leafiara flinches as the flames surrounding her autumn-hued sandals flare out suddenly!

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia exclaims, "Flame-roasted feet!"

Raelee says, "The coffins predate my career, they likely predate hers as well."

Speaking offhandedly to Evia, Leafiara says, "Helps with the cold."

Wolfloner quietly says, "Perhaps Raznel was more of an influence with the Hall of Mages that has been made known."

Xorus says, "Another temporal paradox of inventing a thing she remembers."

Zosopage asks, "Rodnay was in a coffin of some sort wasn't he?"

Maags says, "Yes."

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "Yes... that's how Dennet held him."

Zosopage says, "Same type I would guess then."

Leafiara says, "Larsya was also in one."

Evia says, "Good thing I don't have to do any temporal things about things I remember because I remember nothing."

Speaking quietly to Wolfloner, Pukk asks, "By influence you mean that you can't trust either of them. The Hall or the witch?"

Skeevve says, "I say we trust neither, burn em all."

Skeevve asks, "Fireball?"

Skeevve excitedly asks, "Boom?"

Leafiara observes, "Sure have been a lot of people suggesting burning the outpost tonight."

Pukk quietly says, "If only Happy was here, we can get him all upset and set him off against them...that would make for some nice fireworks."

Speaking softly to Skeevve, Razanetika asks, "Meteor storm?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Skeevve exclaims, "That's because trouble happens here too often!"

Speaking offhandedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Funny thing is Maylan wasn't even one of them."

Speaking cheerfully to Razanetika, Skeevve says, "You are SO hot right now."

Raelee dryly says, "I think you will find that if you wish to destroy the Hall, fire will not be a very efficient choice."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shaelethe suggests, "Perhaps to dispel the chill?"

Ensayn thoughtfully says, "Hard to fight over a smoking heap."

Wolfloner quietly says, "Stone does not easily burn."

Speaking amusedly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Tell it to Pup since he was the first I heard suggesting it."

Speaking to Kobane, Skeevve exclaims, "Keep that one, she suggested great things!" [referring to Razanetika, as she's with Kobane]

Berkana says, "Hard to fight when... you can't."

Speaking quietly to Raelee, Pukk says, "Since you are so icy, I figured fire would be good against you."

Speaking quietly to Skeevve, Kobane says, "I plan on it."

Maags says, "Problies he said it out of frustration and not reallies a solution."

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr asks, "What IS the best way to destroy the Hall?"

Speaking to Wolfloner, Skeevve says, "You cast enough meteor swarms, and there will be nothing left."

Xorus says, "He does have Everbloo.. ah, yes... actual stone.."

Zosopage says, "Bash the thing down."

Speaking to Chamorr, Raelee asks, "Do you really believe I am going to entertain that query?"

Speaking agreeably to Maags, Leafiara says, "Oh, it was. But still funny to me, in a wry way."

Speaking quietly to Skeevve, Kobane says, "There's no such thing as too many meteor swarms."

Speaking to Kobane, Skeevve says, "Eigh, there was once. I died."

Speaking to Kobane, Skeevve says, "And I realise that was the one too many."

Maags says, "In the right place."

Speaking quietly to Skeevve, Kobane says, "Then you get back up and pull more stars down from the sky."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "Peanut butter. The Hall can't resist peanut butter."

Razanetika whispers something to Kobane.

Speaking quietly to Skeevve, Kobane says, "Or we just need more wizards."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "We can watch them licking their lips all evening."

Zosopage says, "Magic against the Hall would be mostly ineffective I would guess."

Cryheart says, "Well..I hear no more screaming, or cackling."

Arshwikk exclaims, "Plant seeds in all the cracks and wait 1000 years for nature to take it down!"

Arshwikk says, "I can wait."

Zosopage says, "Holy grenades."

Leafiara distantly asks, "I do wonder, though.. why did she stop for the night? What did she accomplish, if anything?"

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "Stuck on the roof of their mouths, can't recite spells."

Speaking to Kobane, Skeevve says, "I have enough for everyone, trust me."

Cryheart asks, "To free Thrayzar?"

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk exclaims, "Even better!"

Cryheart says, "Or to harass us."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Ahh... good point on Thrayzar."

The voice of Guarrin deeply asks, "Freed Thrayzar. Did she do anything else?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika asks, "Is anyone missing?"

Speaking tentatively to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "Not that I know of."

Rasson says, "Thadston maybe."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr says, "Question."

Cryheart says, "She could hae been seeking Thadston."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr says, "Why are we standing here."

Evia says, "Probably we should all go home and go to sleep."

Cryheart asks, "Waiting to hear for more cackling?"

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk asks, "We are patting ourselves on our backs! What else?"

Melikor says, "I think she's gone."

Cryheart says, "Ok..headed back to the Landing...Shinann is safe."

Dergoatean asks, "Can you find your way out?"

Shinann just came through a rune-carved steel door.

Cryheart says, "Ayep."

Dergoatean says, "There's the lady of the hour."

Skeevve says, "Eigh sounds like a night."

Leafiara admits, "I guess I have to put Thrayzar back on my might-be-a-paragon list now... much as I hate to say it."

Skeevve says, "Take care."

Cryheart says, "We leaving."

Leafiara say, "If freeing him was her primary objective coming here, she must have had a reason."

Raelee says, "She finished the curse."

Shinann says, "He is not one."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "Spent more time dead tonight fer pattin."

Cryheart asks, "She finished the curse?"

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "Well, you should find reasons to then. Like thinking...I only died 5 times tonight."

The voice of Guarrin deeply asks, "How did she go about doing that?"

Cryheart says, "Ok...leaving."

Shinann says, "She said my scarab helped make him that way."

Leafiara dubiously clarifies, "She came in full force just to complete turning him into an orc?"

Cryheart says, "Makes sense."

Cryheart says, "He ran away."

Leafiara confusedly says, "No, I don't understand it at all. It's such a small scale goal for her."

Cryheart says, "Looking scared."

Cryheart says, "Well..her goals were always long term."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "Ya know, was about that many."

Leafiara reasons, "As long as he was in the coffin, he didn't pose any threat to her, regardless. Something's amiss."

Cryheart says, "So perhaps we dinnae know the ......"

Pukk yells, "Raznel, if you're around. Sir Shiny has cake for you!"

Cryheart says, "Wait..Thrayzar."

Cryheart asks, "Could he be the last paragon?"

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage exclaims, "You giveth and then you tooketh away tonight so you deserved that!"

Speaking wryly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "I just said that."

Cryheart says, "Oh..sorry...diinae hear."

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "You were just watching it all for me."

Xorus says, "There are times she inflicts cruelty for the sake of being cruel."

Shinann says, "I followed Raznel just like Raelee and Xorus. I am very angry. So, take what I said with a grain of salt."

Shinann says, "Very angry."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara says, "It's what I said before... she had to make the final paragon someone who we'd hesitate to pursue, trying to buy herself time."

Leafiara adds, "Especially because we made no efforts to cure any paragon except Larsya, so we wouldn't know how to begin with the final paragon even if we wanted to."

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "Well it would have been a shame to lose all those so I'm glad I could help ya."

Cryheart says, "Ok...headed out so others can get home...leave the group if ye want to stay."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Pukk says, "So you are angry with Raelee and Xorus too....interesting."

Cryheart says, "Moving out in three....."

Speaking to Leafiara, Gryzzlbok says, "Half the people here would kill their own mother, we got a bloodthirsty lot."

Maags quickly prompts, "Threetwoone!"

Leafiara says, "Strategically... it's a sound option."

Cryheart says, "Two....."

Cryheart chuckles.

Shinann says, "I do not think it is him. She would not have just let him go like that."

[travel]

Speaking to Gryzzlbok, Leafiara says, "Yes, but if she can get even half of the other half to -defend- the final paragon, then she's stalled for time."

[travel ends]

Leafiara adds, "At least... that's what I've expected. It might be that he's really not a paragon, nor will be."

Cryheart says, "Get some rest all."

Zosopage says, "If he is a Paragon it wouldn't matter where he ran to. She'd be easily able to find him."

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "Glad you made it through the night."

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "Good job."

Speaking deeply to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Guarrin asks, "Learn anything else?"

Speaking quietly to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "Keep an eye on Raelee though. She always looks so suspicious."

Maags says, "Good night everybodies. another day we shall pin her down."

Leafiara muses, "I wonder how Cordarius' theory will change now... they used antimagic once again."

Leafiara acknowledges, "Questions for another night, I guess."