All That Remains - 5120-05-07 - Head Over Heels, Hand Over Fist (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Ivastaen 7-8, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

The Fist's forces return in another attack, but many of the creatures in their ranks show hesitation to charge. Are the Landing's defenders too much for them to challenge?


Highlights

The town guard sighs, "I really could use a drink.  I don't see why the captain doesn't allow it on a post like this.  It's not as if anything ever happens!"
Speaking to a town guard, Tranquia asks, "How about contributing?"
Speaking to Leafiara, Tranquia asks, "Why haven't you fired him already?"
Speaking wryly to Tranquia, Leafiara says, "Grandfathered in."


Log

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the translucent Radimvice disk, the Deece disk, a black-eared red and grey fox, the Dosintle disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, the Chandrellia disk, the crab-shaped Krampton disk, a tiny pocket mouse that is sitting, a turquoise-bound maoral Adventurer's Guild badge, the Toppo disk, the Stormicore disk, the Tsarmina disk, the Tanidar disk, the Raneng disk, the Holoni disk, a rose-marrow potion, some acantha leaf, a bare-backed small bat that is flying around, a faewood arrow fletched with blue griffin feathers, a speckled brown pear, some dirty blue lint, a stale orange tart, a large acorn, some curly yellow lint, some puffy turquoise lint, a large acorn, a canvas sack, a heap of heavy stones, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Jiarine, Lady Ithilwyn, Orlicks, High Lord Radimvice, Deece who is kneeling, Norgard, Lexbubba, High Lady Cyana, Akenna, Lord Vailan who is kneeling, Rhelkos, Great Lord Picalo, Lady Tenebrae, Friston, Mekimin, Dosintle, Donlaff, Kathaak who is sitting, Tyrosthenes, Hleef who is sitting, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is sitting, Elessadera, Apalo, Krampton, Lord Jerthyl, Brianyel, Stormquest, Quiggley who is sitting, Toppo, Ehlorian, Davminar, Stormicore, Tsarmina, Tanidar, Grand Lord Raneng, High Lady Holoni, Kalindon

Amidst the trees, shapes begin to take shape, moving slowly but steadily towards town, large weapons held at the ready. The chittering in the treetops has resolved itself into a near-constant screech as thousands of misshapen mouths utter their shrill battle cries.

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Hmm."

Pukk: "Careful!"

Villorn says, "Oh great."

Leafiara: "They've returned!"

Villorn says, "More things coming to kill us."

Chandrellia: "If you lose a limnb while fighting I have cloves on the ground at TSC to regengerate your lost limb."

Mekimin asks, "Hypothetically if I were to find someone who needed a place to hide, where would I direct them?"

Mekimin asks, "Or is this one of those "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide" situations?"

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Healers if TSC gets over run go to the trophy room in Thrak's inn that is the retreat zone"

Speaking to Leafiara, Asben asks, "What's the plan?"

Speaking to Asben, Leafiara earnestly says, "Kill 'em all and kill 'em hard."

Chandrellia yells, "Embrace the chaos!"

Mekimin exclaims, "The inn you say, yes I will go... secure the inn!"

Leafiara recites:

"To West Gate for battle! Alternatively, stay in the square or the trophy room or Voln for safety!"

Leafiara recites:

"But I'm heading to West Gate!"

Leafiara recites:

"The ballista towers are also an option!"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Jahadeem says, "Madam Mayor I am here to help."

Rhelkos asks, "What's coming? Should low trainees just run and hide?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Good luck."

Speaking to Leafiara, Asben says, "They are stocked."

Leafiara recites:

"Moving to West Gate!"

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see the Stormicore disk, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Jahadeem, Jiarine and Asben followed.

Leafiara: "Gathering at West Gate for town defense!"

(OOC) Jahadeem's player whispers to the group, "But in all reality I will likely die first."

The voice of Asben says, "Not nearly enough of us."

Dwi: "Stayin onna dis mountain fer more defenses."

Leafiara flippantly says, "I'm sure we'll be fine."

The voice of Gregonovish says, "What are you wanting to fight."

Leafiara explains, "The invading forces."

Like a whip-crack, a voice screams out, "Forward, damn you! Do as you're told, you abominations!" The shapes in the trees increase their pace noticeably, their footfalls becoming heavier and causing the ground to shake underfoot.

Jahadeem quietly says, "I got the roltons."

Chandrellia: "Sounds like the General himself is in on this attack!"

Leafiara: "Perhaps..."

Leafiara notes, "Curious, that's the first voice we've heard out of them during all the skirmishes."

Leafiara: "Do we have anyone at north gate?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Fromer says, "Good eve Mayor, fine time for some ruckus."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I forgot to buy all those chrisms from you."

Chandrellia: "Anyone on the ballistas?"

Leafiara yells, "Bring your worst, ya freaks!"

Akenna: "Windows aren't open."

Cyana says, "Oh."

Leafiara recites:

"Remember, no Cone of Elements or we'll probably all die!"

A half-hearted roar goes up from deep in the trees, and the creatures advancing echo the roar, raising their weapons and preparing for a charge.

Leafiara recites:

"Orcs can implode, so take them down quickly!"

Chandrellia: "Do we have a way to send a warning to the militia?"

Crime recites darkly:

"I am invulnerable!"

Leafiara recites:

"And titans might have feras again!"

Speaking to Crime, Fromer asks, "Shall we test that theory?"

Asben: "Is anyone at the north gate?"

Speaking softly to a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, Friston says, "Move along."

Pukk: "Svardin had some good tactics. If you can't hit. Stand in defensive and put spirit strike on those who can hit. We can be a shield wall while those who can hit can hit."

Amerek: "North gates are clear."

A tiny angular lilac-point kitten says, "You can't tell me what to do."

Speaking softly to a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, Friston says, "You may get squished."

Leafiara: "Is a group gathered there for defense, though?"

Chandrellia: "Remember no lightning spells."

Jasteron asks, "Who is leading?"

Jahadeem quietly says, "Dumb rolton."

Dwi: "So...cast dat thing at me!"

Amerek: "Yeah, I'm here."

Leafiara: "These foes tend to strike fast when they do strike."

The voice of Gregonovish says, "Poor roltons."

The voice of Asben says, "No lightning spells folks."

Leafiara: "We figured out that Cone of Elements is the problem, not lightning."

Crime darkly exclaims, "Kill them all!"

A sharp, reedy voice screeches, "CHARGE!", cracking dramatically in the middle of the exclamation. The creatures exchange glances between each other and then turn as one towards the town... and charge!

The voice of Asben says, "I don't wanna die right away again."

Leafiara says, "We figured out that Cone of Elements is the problem, not lightning."

Jahadeem quietly says, "The roltons deserve it they should know better than to come to this gate."

Chandrellia: "Brace!"

Speaking to a sleek forest mouse, Pukk says, "Run along little mouse. It's about to get bad."

Leafiara recites:

"To battle!"

Raneng exclaims, "DIE ROLTON!"

Crime recites darkly:

"DIE ROLTONS!"

Towermen says, "Poor rolton."

A patchwork krolvin-troll abomination ambles in!

[plus another ten of them; combat]

Leafiara exclaims, "Here they come!"

[extremely, extremely extended combat]

Amerek says, "Hmmm."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up!"

[people were coming in and getting hit with Sympathy, Censure, etc.]

The ghostly voice of Gregonovish says, "Well I didn't last long."

The voice of Asben says, "That was fun."

Amerek: "Inside north gate."

Jahadeem quietly says, "All of a sudden I have a headache."

The voice of Asben says, "Imagine that."

Leafiara recites:

"One wave down. Can anyone take the dead back inside?"

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see an urglaes-tipped arrow, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a spear, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a spear, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a morning star, a metal aventail, some double leather, a mace, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a mace, some double leather, a metal aventail, a mace, some double leather, a metal aventail, a metal aventail, some double leather, a mace, a reinforced shield, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a mace, some double leather, a metal aventail, an urglaes-tipped arrow, a timber jaguar, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, the Raneng disk, the Towermen disk, a pure white peregrine that is flying around, the translucent Radimvice disk, the Asben disk, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: the body of Lady Ithilwyn who is lying down, the body of Lady Regwen who is lying down, Tranquia, the body of Jasteron who is lying down, Grand Lord Raneng, Lord Crime, Master Fromer, Towermen, the body of Lord Gregonovish who is lying down, High Lord Radimvice, Great Lord Jahadeem, Jiarine, Mayor Leafiara

(OOC) Jahadeem's player whispers to the group, "Empty to full in 5 seconds."

Raneng says, "I'll drag some."

Crime darkly exclaims, "CLEAR!"

Pukk recites:

"Join Leafi!"

Leafiara: "How's north gate? We've weathered the first wave at west gate."

The ghostly voice of Regwen says, "Yep, dead."

[combat]

Leafiara yells, "Where are the rest of ya louts!"

Crime darkly says, "I have a missing left leg."

Speaking to Crime, Fromer asks, "So not so invulnerable?"

Pukk: "Brutish just bit the dust!"

Raneng says, "Ok, that's all I can take it."

Tranquia mockingly says, "How unfortunate."

The voice of Asben asks, "Calm before the storm?"

Speaking darkly to Fromer, Crime says, "I am invulnerable, I just lost it."

Pukk says, "Going to check out north gate."

[very extended combat]

A rushing sound fills the area, followed almost immediately by a discordant chittering noise. Suddenly, a small horde of beady-eyed reapers come streaking towards Jahadeem! In a moment they have enveloped him entirely, and the sound of rending flesh can be heard beneath the horde. After a heartbeat or two, they suddenly streak away in concert, carrying off Jahadeem's left leg!

[extended combat]

A rushing sound fills the area, followed almost immediately by a discordant chittering noise. Suddenly, a small horde of beady-eyed reapers come streaking towards Leafiara! In a moment they have enveloped her entirely, and the sound of rending flesh can be heard beneath the horde. After a heartbeat or two, they suddenly streak away in concert, carrying off Leafiara's left leg!

[combat]

Leafiara recites:

"Here come the reapers! Watch your legs!" [...she said in the middle of combat, so I hadn't noticed they'd gotten her yet]

[combat]

Pukk says, "North gate good."

Speaking to Brianyel, Tranquia says, "There's an invasion right now."

Leafiara muses, "Well, he's gonna die." [someone ran off alone berserking]

Raneng says, "I might have to duck out for mana after this one."

Speaking to Brianyel, Tranquia says, "You will die if you stay here."

Leafiara muses, "Not so bad so far."

Pukk says, "Still okay."

Asben: "There's no one outside the north gate?"

The town guard sighs, "I really could use a drink. I don't see why the captain doesn't allow it on a post like this. It's not as if anything ever happens!"

Speaking to a town guard, Tranquia asks, "How about contributing?"

Pukk says, "They are focusing on west gate it seems."

Speaking to Leafiara, Tranquia asks, "Why haven't you fired him already?"

Dwi: "Reapers at north gate! a million!"

Speaking wryly to Tranquia, Leafiara says, "Grandfathered in."

Khrinat: "Same as usual with the aboms and ogre and like that?"

Leafiara: "We need melee combatants for the reapers, specifically. They're magic immune."

Tranquia says, "There are some forces to the south of here."

Leafiara says, "I see them, but we can't abandon a post here."

Pukk: "Remember to put spirit strike on those with the hardest swings."

[extremely extended combat]

A two-headed grey orc raider makes a move toward the gate. Suddenly the town guard draws his weapon and engages the raider. "Away foul beast! You're not welcome here!" he cries.

A town guard swings a broadsword at a two-headed grey orc raider!

AS: +649 vs DS: +444 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +74 = +312

... and hits for 104 points of damage!

Strike to the eye penetrates skull, ocular fluid sprays widely!

[extended combat]

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Raneng says, "Hmm.."

Leafiara mutters, "Who sancted and why?" [indiscernible even in the log]

Raneng says, "I don't think anyone did.."

Ibbo exclaims to the raider, "You frog-wart! Die!"

Leafiara says, "Someone sure did..."

Tranquia says, "It's falling."

Pukk says, "Sleepy was helping out."

Crime recites darkly:

"FROG-WART!"

Tranquia says, "Prepare yourselves."

[combat]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a mace, some double leather, a metal aventail, a reinforced shield, some double leather, a metal aventail, a reinforced shield, a mace, a morning star, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a metal aventail, some double leather, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a morning star, a reinforced shield, the Raneng disk, the Pukk disk, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, the Towermen disk, the translucent Radimvice disk, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Ibbo, Lord Crime, Grand Lord Raneng, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Pukk, Tranquia, Towermen, High Lord Radimvice, Jiarine, Mayor Leafiara

A shrill voice calls out, "Ogres! Charge, damn your eyes! Get in there!"

Crime recites darkly:

"FROG-WART!"

Leafiara: "Holding out relatively well at west gate. Our strongest battlers aren't needed for the reapers, so if anyone could clear them out of town..."

[extended combat]

Leafiara recites:

"The ogres are best left to magic users!"

[extremely extended combat]

A rushing sound fills the area, followed almost immediately by a discordant chittering noise. Suddenly, a small horde of beady-eyed reapers come streaking towards Lexbubba! In a moment they have enveloped him entirely, and the sound of rending flesh can be heard beneath the horde. After a heartbeat or two, they suddenly streak away in concert, carrying off Lexbubba's right leg!

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see an elemental core, a smoky topaz, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a claidhmore, a spear, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a claidhmore, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, the Pukk disk, the Raneng disk, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: the body of Stormicore who is lying down, Pukk who is lying down, Ibbo who is lying down, Lord Crime, Grand Lord Raneng, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Tranquia who is lying down, the body of High Lord Radimvice who is lying down, Jiarine, Mayor Leafiara

Leafiara: "Reinforcements needed anywhere?"

Asben: "Maybe inside the north gate? It was bad last I was there."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a claidhmore, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a spear, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a claidhmore, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a claidhmore, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Smokette, Ibbo, Lord Crime, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Tranquia who is lying down, Jiarine, Leafiara

Speaking to Leafiara, Tranquia says, "Our forces grow rather small."

Speaking to Leafara, Pukk says, "Patchwork kobgoblins at Northgate."

Speaking determinedly to Tranquia, Leafiara exclaims, "Still big enough!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Tranquia says, "Well, with us, obviously."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Lesser threats, those..."

Leafiara: "Report on north gate?"

Ibbo exclaims, "I'm equal to twenty of them!"

Ibbo exclaims, "A hundred!"

[extended combat]

Leafiara: "Still barely managing at west gate."

[extremely, extremely extended combat]

Guarrin: "Greetings friends."

[combat]

Leafiara: "Evenin' there, such as it is!"

[very extended combat]

Speaking to a town guard, the ghostly voice of Pukk asks, "Care to give me a drag?"

[combat]

Speaking to a town guard, the ghostly voice of Pukk says, "I'll buy you a drink."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a stale ginger tart, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, the Raneng disk, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Grand Lord Raneng, the body of Zimph who is lying down, the body of Pukk who is lying down, Ibbo, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Tranquia, Mayor Leafiara

Raneng says, "This is gonna be rough."

Raneng asks, "We going it alone?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Tranquia says, "It really is down to us."

[combat]

Leafiara exclaims, "Apparently we are!"

[combat]

Tranquia yells, "Livn! Get your butt over here!"

[combat]

Leafiara: "Somehow still barely holding up at west gate, but we could use reinforcements or at very least people to drag away the dead."

[combat]

Livn asks, "You called?"

[combat]

Akenna: "We could use help in the West gate tower as well."

[combat]

Guarrin: "Trying to clear the streets to the gate."

Tranquia says, "How unpleasant."

Raneng says, "I might need some more mana soon."

Leafiara says, "I've needed more mana for ages now."

Raneng says, "I can do one more round maybe."

The town guard leans over to you and whispers, "I once spent a year waiting in a dark cave for a wise man to answer my questions. When he finally answered, he told me this: 'Don't think on night' ... Amazing eh?"

Livn says, "I've made this area a focus of magical energy."

Speaking to a town guard, the ghostly voice of Pukk says, "Yeah yeah."

Speaking to a town guard, Zaj says, "Shaddup."

Ibbo says, "Where they at."

Leafiara yells, "I know that ain't all ya got!"

Raneng says, "We killed them all maybe."

The town guard steps in front of Livn and says, "Excuse me, sir, there's an entrance fee to use this gate. Five silvers please."

The town guard takes some silvers from Livn and says, "Five silvers is enough Livn, you may pass."

Livn says, "Demanding silver in an invasion..."

Speaking to a town guard, Livn says, "You cheapskate."

A shrill voice shrieks, "Good, Good! Hold back now, while the surprise gets in place!" The creatures still visible in the trees begin to slow, and take up positions of readiness.

Raneng says, "Oh god."

Raneng says, "READY."

Guarrin: "Coming."

Raneng says, "STEADY."

Leafiara cautiously says, "Brace..."

Chandrellia: "Careful something is afoot!"

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a large red-footed falcon that is flying around, an arrow, an arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a small shield, a light green burlap sack, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a claidhmore, a morning star, a claidhmore, a spear, a spear, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a stale ginger tart, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, the Raneng disk, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Livn, Zaj, Grand Lord Raneng, Ibbo, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Tranquia, Mayor Leafiara

Leafiara: "Braced at west gate with a small but strong force. ...relatively."

Leafiara: "And by that I mean six of us."

(OOC) Tranquia's player whispers to the group, "Sympathy and Empathic Link have really come in handy."

Ibbo whispers to the group, "Always do."

[combat]

Tennalnen: "A few of us are at north gate."

Raneng says, "Some north."

The reapers that had been streaking towards the town reverse course, and the woods go silent, though the hulking forms can still be clearly seen, waiting.

Raneng asks, "Did we push them back for now?"

Leafiara says, "No..."

Leafiara says, "They're readying a bigger attack."

Ibbo says, "They just scared."

Leafiara cautiously says, "At least I think so."

Great Lord Villorn just came through a reinforced large wooden gate.

Villorn just tried to punch the town guard but slipped and fell on his rear!

The town guard laughs and says, "That's a pretty funny trick, Villorn, have you considered joining a travelling circus?"

Villorn says, "Got nervous there."

Raneng says, "Oh no."

Raneng asks, "Did he run out and die?"

From nearby, you hear Neelin yell, "Help down south!"

>s

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

To the west, the landscape is gradually changing from a thick dark forest to an open, green grassy plain. You also see a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, a stitched four-armed giant that is lying down, a stitched four-armed giant that is lying down, a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination that is lying down, a gas cloud, a two-headed grey orc raider, a two-headed grey orc raider, a stitched four-armed giant that is lying down, a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination that is lying down, a stitched four-armed giant, a rolton that appears dead, a two-headed grey orc raider, a withered patch of grass and a weathered canvas tent.

Also here: Master Neelin who is lying down

Livn, Zaj, Raneng, Ibbo and Tranquia followed.

[extended combat]

Guarrin: "Gates both look clear..."

Leafiara exclaims, "That's the way!"

Neelin deeply says, "Thanks."

Aserak: "Seems a bit concerning."

Leafiara: "They're bracing for a bigger attack, I believe..."

Arav says, "Well this is exciting."

Raneng says, "It's something.."

The ground beneath your feet begins to tremble, just slightly, and the sound of catcalls and hoots of twisted laughter arise from the woods.

Guarrin says, "I heard someone giving orders..."

Leafiara says, "Hmm.."

Tranquia says, "A coward."

An animated patchwork krolvin-troll abomination makes a move toward the gate. Suddenly the town guard draws his weapon and engages the abomination. "Away foul beast! You're not welcome here!" he cries.

A town guard swings a broadsword at an animated patchwork krolvin-troll abomination!

AS: +649 vs DS: +445 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +55 = +277

... and hits for 42 points of damage!

Torn muscle in the krolvin-troll abomination's right leg!

Speaking to a town guard, Leafiara says, "That's one of ours..."

Speaking to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Worms again?"

Speaking to Rumbletum, Zaj says, "Pardon me."

Chandrellia: "What in the rift was that!"

A blazing orb of fire descends from above and strikes an animated patchwork krolvin-troll abomination!

... 15 points of damage!

Minor burns to left leg. That hurts a bit.

The krolvin-troll abomination howls in agony as the flames dance over her body!

... 10 points of damage!

Minor burns to right arm. That hurts a bit.

Fromer says, "Yeesh."

Leafiara yells, "That one's under Fromer's control, stop firing!"

Zaj exclaims, "Get it!"

Tranquia says, "Well, it appears that the cowards have withdrawn... for now."

Raneng asks, "Do you want to hunt down strays?"

Juspera says, "Oh, no."

From the woods, a shrill voice can be heard screaming, "Now when they show up, make sure and stand clear! Then you charge in right after, understood?!"

Juspera asks, "Who is leading?"

Leafiara says, "Here they come..."

Raneng says, "Nevermind.."

Through a reinforced large wooden gate, you hear Guarrin yell, "Watch for worms!"

Raneng exclaims, "Get your defenses up!"

Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath Raneng as a dichromatic spliced worm erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!

Rocks and dirt pelt Raneng as he is thrown into the air!

The evanescent shield shrouding Raneng fades briefly.

[SMR result: 228 (Open d100: 170)]

Raneng is struck by heavy debris!

... 74 points of damage!

Right leg collapses as the bones turn to dust!

Raneng screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

Raneng comes crashing back into the ground!

... 12 points of damage!

Good blow to right arm!

An animated patchwork krolvin-troll abomination swings a claidhmore at a dichromatic spliced worm!

AS: +533 vs DS: +563 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +67 = +65

A clean miss.

[some kind of odd bug where the thing attacked another 38 times before anything else happened]

Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath Juspera as a dichromatic spliced worm erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!

Rocks and dirt pelt Juspera as she is thrown into the air!

[SMR result: 248 (Open d100: 48)]

Juspera is struck by heavy debris!

... 77 points of damage!

Every bone in the right arm shattered and scattered about!

She is stunned!

Juspera comes crashing back into the ground!

... 20 points of damage!

Hard blow to neck loosens head on shoulders.

Quite fatal!

Juspera drops dead at your feet!

[very extended combat, in no small part because of the animated abomination's hundreds of attacks]

Speaking dryly to Guarrin, Leafiara says, "Called that one."

[extended combat; again, dozens of animate attacks]

Fromer says, "Yeesh."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see some ambrominas leaf, a green sapphire, a dichromatic spliced worm that appears dead, a dichromatic spliced worm that appears dead, a dichromatic spliced worm that appears dead, a dichromatic spliced worm, a dichromatic spliced worm that appears dead, a dichromatic spliced worm, the Guarrin disk, the yellow Rumbletum disk, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, an arrow, a stale ginger tart, a spear, an animated patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, a smoky-eyed fire wyrdling, the Raneng disk, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a moping badland spirit that is flying around, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Great Lord Jahadeem, Sacru, Guarrin, Master Neelin, a sympathetic and stunned Grand Lord Rumbletum who is lying down and immobilized, the body of Juspera who is lying down, the body of Dodad who is lying down, a stunned Cyar, Zaj, Master Fromer, Jiarine, Grand Lord Raneng who is lying down, Ibbo, Tranquia, Arav who is kneeling, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Mayor Leafiara

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "I missed the vesperti, huh."

Raneng says, "What in the hell.."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "I think I'll just go pick some boxes."

Leafiara muses, "Those trollvin really have a bone to pick."

Neelin deeply says, "Crap."

[combat]

Guarrin: "Mind the worms."

Dwi heartily says, "Dey tryin da rong gate."

Leafiara says, "This is the closer gate for them, so..."

Asben: "There's no one outside the north gate."

[extremely, extremely extended combat]

Aserak: "Many mutilated leopards near north gate now."

The ghostly voice of Jahadeem quietly says, "Well something hit me."

The ghostly voice of Razanetika softly says, "I'm dead in the shadows."

[combat]

Naamit says, "Whoever casts ewave in this should basically die in a fetid pool of stink." [someone did cast major ewave]

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara exclaims, "Gotcha!"

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see the Raneng disk, the Khoal disk, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a moping badland spirit that is flying around, a claidhmore, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, a stale ginger tart, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Lady Regwen, Lord Chamorr, Grand Lord Raneng, Master Khoal, Arav who is kneeling, Guerand, High Lord Ashren, Farseeker, Master Neelin, Zaj, Jiarine, Ibbo who is lying down, Tranquia, the body of Venruki who is lying down

Khoal heartily asks, "Who leading a group?"

Ibbo says, "Leafi."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up!"

[extended combat]

The ghostly voice of Arav says, "Or not."

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Mm, the worms can't be Censured..."

[extended combat]

The ghostly voice of Pukk says, "I had worms...I knew I should have had a healer look at that...."

[combat]

Guarrin: "Trying to clear the gate. Asben was out there stunned and I couldn't grab him."

Khoal heartily says, "There we go."

Chamorr heartily says, "Join Leafi."

The ghostly voice of Pukk exclaims, "Unhide me!"

The ghostly voice of Pukk exclaims, "Yay!"

Leafiara recites:

"The worms are burying the dead!"

Tranquia says, "Oh, dear." [death to a Song of Power]

Farseeker exclaims, "Barded!"

Leafiara says, "Mm, Song of Power casualties..."

Khoal heartily says, "This is the day the music died."

A voice from the woods screeches, "STOP! Where are you going?!? Come back and charge, damn your scaly hides!"

Leafiara dubiously says, "Can't be retreat already..."

Raneng says, "We've fended off about 10 waves.."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see an irate river spirit that is flying around, the seaweed-covered Neopuron disk, the Raneng disk, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, the Khoal disk, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, an arrow, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a thin cyan mantle, a morning star, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a stale ginger tart, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: High Lady Saeyaka, Neopuron, Master Neelin, Grand Lord Raneng, Lord Chamorr, Jiarine, Lady Regwen, Master Khoal, Zaj, Ibbo, Tranquia, Farseeker, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Mayor Leafiara

A large, hideous shape rises into the sky over the woods, and the shrill voice screeches in laughter as the creature makes its ponderous way towards the town. Around it, other, smaller shapes arise to join the flight, their insectile wings causing them to bob unsteadily as they advance.

Leafiara recites:

"That all ya got out there?"

Khoal heartily says, "I burst into flames if I go into Voln."

Leafiara slowly says, "Going with no."

Jiarine says, "Griffins."

Leafiara exclaims, "Brace for impact! And screeches!"

[combat]

Zaj says, "Bastard."

A stitched pustule-ridden horror comes running in!

>appr hor

The pustule-ridden horror is medium in size and about six feet high in her current state.

The horror could probably wipe the floor with you.

The pustule-ridden horror appears to be ghastly, and tough.

[combat]

Ibbo says, "Bother."

[combat]

Leafiara dubiously asks, "What *is* that thing?" [was already dead by then, whatever it was]

Sabotage asks, "Really?"

[combat]

Tranquia says, "Not again..." [griffin screeches]

Raneng says, "Dammnit."

Raneng says, "Bad fear."

[combat]

Aserak says, "Someone do your job."

[combat]

Speaking to a town guard, Tranquia exclaims, "Earn your keep!"

[combat]

Raneng says, "Nice nice."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a violet sapphire, a white opal, a black opal, a morning star, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a reinforced shield, an irate river spirit that is flying around, a bare-backed small bat that is flying around, a tiny angular lilac-point kitten, the Raneng disk, the Cirkas disk, the Guarrin disk, the Khoal disk, a playful forest spirit that is flying around, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a stale ginger tart, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a claidhmore, a town guard, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: a sympathetic Guerand, a sympathetic High Lord Ashren, a sympathetic Lord Umbazi who is lying down, a sympathetic Aserak who is lying down, Zoleta, a sympathetic High Lady Saeyaka, Lord Aranthius, the body of Neopuron who is lying down, Jiarine, Grand Lord Raneng, Cirkas, Khazaann, Master Neelin, a sympathetic Quartermaster Tsarok, Sacru, Guarrin, Master Khoal, Zaj who is lying down, Ibbo, Tranquia, the body of Venruki who is lying down, Mayor Leafiara

The sound of crashing through the underbrush can be heard from the woods, and the shrill voice calls out, "No! Wait! Come back!" The crashing noises get quieter and quieter, however, despite the voice's protestations.


Discussion Afterward

Guerand hoarsely asks, "We just waiting?"

Leafiara says, "Hmm..."

Regwen says, "Good organization."

Sonnillon raspily says, "Slow at the north gate only a few kills with logs."

The ghostly voice of Venruki says, "I've been dead for like 30 minutes it's starting to smell."

Leafiara dubiously asks, "Disobedience in their ranks, hm?"

Zoleta asks, "Are they all gone?"

Guerand hoarsely says, "Can't drag ya, I tried." [group closed]

Neelin deeply asks, "Should somone go check by the dingy at N gate?"

The ghostly voice of Venruki says, "Okay."

Tranquia says, "I took him to town."

Leafiara says, "No one's reporting trouble at north gate, but if anyone wants to break away and scout, go for it."

Neelin deeply says, "I'll go check."

Raneng says, "I've drug through it a few times."

Raneng says, "It's been low velocity."

Leafiara wonders, "Is that really all they could manage for now?"

Guarrin says, "I've been checking. Mostly clear."

Leafiara suspiciously says, "It's quiet again so far..."

Crime recites darkly:

"FROG-WARTS!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "Never fear, I'm here!"

Speaking confidently to Pukk, Leafiara exclaims, "Never a doubt!"

Jiarine asks, "Oh, is it over for now?"

Aserak says, "That was a surprise, coming out of kobold village."

Leafiara: "Is everything clear inside? Things seem suspiciously quiet outside now."

Pukk recites:

"Wherever there is loot to be hard

or heels to buy

I'm here!"

Leafiara says, "Not hearing anyone calling for reinforcements..."s

Dwi: "Lookin fer dem spidies."

Neelin recites deeply:

"There is still invaders by the hob clearing"

Khoal heartily asks, "Does that mean we invade the town now?"

Raneng says, "I couldn't come back with reinforcments if I got embarassed like that either."

Veredox says, "Yeah, sounded like they were running away in fear."

Sonnillon raspily asks, "Hunting party?"

Leafiara say, "We can move to look to clean up, then."

Aserak says, "Sounded as if there was a bit of discord on their end."

[travel, cleanup all throughout]

Pukk yells, "You better run!"

Vancudais says, "I wonder how much blood this thing has."

Guarrin: "Seems clear within the town as well."

Pukk yells, "You can't stand the might of.....Pukk!"

Dwi: "Wotterfrent clear."

Leafiara says, "More around here for sure." [in the forest]

Neelin deeply says, "That is is all I seen, but I didn't go past the clearing."

Pukk yells, "Muahahahaha! We win!"

Leafiara: "Running cleanup duty in the forest!"

Neelin recites deeply:

"Check by the road to sea nymphs too"

Pukk yells, "Regwen can take on your champions alone!"

Speaking to Fromer, Naamit scolds, "You should find prettier toys."

Sonnillon raspily says, "I smell poorly sewn together things."

Leafiara says, "Seems all clear..."

Leafiara exclaims, "Okay... checking the streets!"

Leafiara: "All clear outside, checking the streets."

Sonnillon yells, "Come out come out wherever you are!"

Dwi: "Stragler troll made a try at norf gate."

Cirkas says, "Never seen an ogre so mean."

Asben: "We should try to capture one."

Leafiara: "And looks all clear inside the gates too."

Dwi: "Fer parts?"

Hapenlok: "Well, I had to fight my way into town. Everyone all right?"

Leafiara recites:

"Well done all!"

Leafiara: "Well defended, all!"

Regwen says, "It was fun."

Pukk exclaims, "I saved the day!"

Chamorr heartily says, "So far so good."

Speaking to Pukk, Regwen says, "With hardly any help."

Chandrellia: "Awesome job everyone! Healers, Clerics, defenders!!! hip hip hoozah!"

Pukk recites:

"Happy and Reggy sitting in a tree....."

Umbazi says, "I wonder who was screaming at the abominations to wait and come back."

Leafiara says, "Yeah, we did really well this time, I think."

Raneng says, "They never stood a chance."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "No."

Leafiara yells, "Good job all!"

Aserak says, "Was an interesting fight."

From nearby, you hear Alvyara yell, "Thank you!"

Aranthius whispers to the group, "We win!"

Veredox whispers to the group, "Three cheers for the Mayor."

Speaking to Pukk, Raneng says, "Sorry we didn't get to have our special time together."

Asben says, "That seemed too easy."

Aranthius whispers to the group, "I say, four cheers!"

Pukk says, "You flirt."

Veredox whispers to the group, "Agreed."

Speaking speculatively to Asben, Leafiara says, "I think they're losing control of their own army."

Speaking to Leafiara, Asben says, "One can only hope."

Speaking deeply to Leafiara, Neelin says, "I checked the coastal cliffs and that area had one giant that I took care of."

Leafiara says, "I wonder why that hasn't been a problem for them until now--maybe we just have 'em running scared."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "I saw that."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "But you can have it."

Leafiara says, "As long as we keep momentum, the abominations might be more scared of us than their masters."

Leafiara flashes a quick grin.