Monday, January 11, 2020
- Ensorcell (735) has been updated so EVOKE uses the temporary version of the spell, while CAST tests the difficulty of an item for the permanent version, and CHANNEL is a committed attempt of a permanent ensorcell.
- The Frozen Bramble near Icemule has received some updates to make it a little less lethal, including reduced spawn rates, and creatures will no longer attempt maneuver attacks every action.
- Rangers were reiewed and their spell circle received a major overhaul, including the introduction of new spells Moonbeam (611), Wild Entropy (603), Nature's Bounty (604) and Barkskin (605) and numerous updates to others. Read all about it in GM Mestys' forum posting.
Monday, January 4, 2020
- As a part of a new winter campaign, Wondrous Wintertides, we will be running numerous small events and offering small gifts over the next month or two. To get us started, between now and Feburary 1st, we're running Feeder Frenzy with triple the release rate from every feeder, including the Legendary Feeder! That means 3-6 legendary items will go out this month! Hunt well and good luck!
- Multi-target spells have been updated to all have a player-friendly version available, as well as an EVOKE version that will still target other players. Read the rundown on all of the changes in GM Zissu's forum posting.
- Paladins have had numerous spells updated as well as the addition of the aura system. Read all the details here.
The GemStone Universe
Welcome to the GemStone Universe! The home of Elanthia, Elanith and, of course, Wehnimer's Landing. Here is a brief list of categories to get you started on your adventures.
New Player Guides
For first-time players: New Players' Guide
A beginner's guide to playing a...
Warrior | Rogue | Paladin | Sorcerer | Ranger | Bard | Wizard | Empath | Cleric | Monk
For more articles on getting started click here!
World | Races and Cultures | Towns | Adventurers | Organizations | Arkati | Creatures | Legendary Items |
Storylines | Maps | Official Documentation
Mechanics | Statistics | Skills | Magic | Profession Guilds | Verbs | Saved Posts | Artisan Skills | Guild Skills
Short Stories | Poetry | Essays | Works In Progress
Return to Elanthia!
If you've been gone for a while, you can use this promo code to reactivate your account! GSBACKAFTER6 is available if you've been away for 6 months. Enjoy 30 days of Premium to get back into the swing of things, especially if you're swinging a drake falchion!
Official Discord Server
Join us on Discord!
Vote for GemStone IV
In an attempt to increase GemStone IV's traffic, please help us uprank the game.
Click the TopMud ranking link to vote today!
The Return of Briarmoon Cove
Traders from every corner of Elanthia will be represented at Briarmoon Cove. The seaside retreat will be offering select shops packed with goods from all of the most notable towns, from December 4th to 11th.
Please read the Style Guide if you wish to contribute. Formatting and templates for many types of pages and sections are described on the Style Guide and on other Help pages.
Wiki Editing Questions?
Email email@example.com or join the wiki-talk channel on the GemstoneIV Discord server for assistance.
• Icemule Traceedit
• A beginner's guide to playing a rogueedit
• Open ambushingedit
Please, improve these articles in any way you can, and help make GemStone IV Wiki that much better!
Have an article you think needs work? Nominate it to be the next Growing Pains article!