All That Remains - 5120-05-30 - Callin' for Callid

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Ivastaen 30, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Tremors strike Mist Harbor and a crashing noise is heard from Western Harbor! Adventurers investigate to find a crack in the face of a cliff, but a voice from beyond it tells them to go away. Faerinn checks with a guard over at the safe haven if he saw anything, but he didn't; so everyone returns to the crack and begins trying to bash and cast their way inside. The voice begs them to leave, saying "she" won't permit this; Faerinn says they're allies of Vlashandra, but the voice says it doesn't believe him.
  • Akenna finishes off melting the way through with acid and adventurers enter... but a stone slab slams down, blocking the way forward, and it's onward to destroying that! Akenna and Faerinn say they're offering help, but the voice doesn't want help.
  • The sounds of the patchwork creatures reverberate through the stone walls as Akenna melts through the next slab with everyone's aid. Adventures proceed and find the way barred by a chain-covered door, with a slit through which people can barely see three chained bodies. Salamanders, reapers, boars, vesperti, and more begin to attack as the voiice yells that it's not safe and the alcoves are failing.
  • As defenders clear them out, the voice begs that Vlashandra can get the creatures back under control when she returns and then we can be finished. Thrassus tells Callid she's not coming back, but he says they don't know her, she's on a noble mission and did what she had to, and promised him... Faerinn asks about the chained bodies and the desperate Callid says not to talk about them and they're not for him (Faerinn).
  • After extended assaults on the door from everyone, Aureliano at last breaks through. Everyone rushes inside and... a panicked, crying Callid cries out that he'll never stop trying, then twists his amulet and disappears!
  • Everyone investigates the shackled forms, finding a stitched gnomish woman, a spliced gnomish boy, and a bisected gnomish girl--along with Callid's journal. He wanted to restore his wife and children, unable to forgive himself for not being there when brigands killed them, and swore he'd bring them back or join them in death.
  • The area begins to collapse and everyone escapes, then returns to Greth's bar. Faerinn wants to tell Socius about Callid, but Greth says he's been gone all day, saying something about the Iyo and that Zofiya talked him into it. Everyone fills Greth in on Socius, the cave, and the cave-in...
  • Socius slips into the bar. Faerinn asks how the Iyo were; Socius says they avoided him and he didn't pursue. Faerinn says we found Callid's workshop and he readies his dagger, but everyone fills him in that it's caved in now and show him where it was, and that he used his amulet to get away, likely transporting off the isle. Naamit, Akenna, and Traiva warn him against following or leaving the Isle and he agrees, saying his place is here, and that he'll deal with Callid if he returns. (Landing) Mayor Leafiara adds that she's tried to talk the town council into taking down its bounty on Socius, but doesn't know if they've agreed yet.
  • Socius says his memories are slow to return, and with great pain, but they do return. For now, Zofiya has advised that he stay close to home. Akenna says she was hoping she could aid in the return of his memories; Socius says he'd be willing to speak with her about that. She says the magic that binds his memories might be tied to his daggers. Naamit says she'd like to study one and he hands it over, saying she's stood by his side before.
  • Socius asks that if anyone sees Callid, let him know, but for now he has to rest.
  • Some gathered in the bar return to the Landing to check if Callid is near the portal, but there's no sign of him.


Log

Seismic Shift

[the following comes from Juspera's player]

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]

Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar. Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days. A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug. You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks, Greth and a crooked rectangular mirror hung on the wall.

Also here: Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna who is sitting, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Sreka, Lady Alisette who is sitting, Lord Thrassus

A deep groaning noise reverberates through the area, and the ground underfoot trembles a moment later.

Akenna glances down.

Alisette blinks.

Juspera blinks.

Juspera asks, "What was that?"

Juspera glances suspiciously at Thrassus.

Alisette fidgets.

The red and grey fox barks.

Landrai frowns.

Naamit inclines her ear, listening intently.

Faerinn asks, "Something underground?"

Alisette hangs her head.

Thrassus says, "Wasn't me."

Akenna nods slowly.

Alisette shifts her weight.

Akenna shifts her weight.

Akenna says, "Sounds like it."

Juspera asks, "Roa'ters?"

Sreka says, "It reminded me of stories about roa'ters."

Thrassus asks, "What is underground here?"

Alisette exclaims, "I did not touch anything in the tunnels!"

Faerinn says, "The banyan tree tunnels."

Raelee suddenly fades into view.

Juspera furrows her brow.

Juspera beams happily at Raelee!

Thrassus nods to Raelee in greeting.

Alisette nods to Raelee in greeting.

Juspera exclaims, "Magister Raelee!"

Sreka says, "Maybe we should go there, then."

Faerinn says, "Maybe the tunnels for the Safe Haven."

Speaking to herself, Akenna says, "So much for enjoying my tea."

Raelee glances at Juspera.

A series of deep groans emanates from the ground below, followed by a slight, sustained tremor that shakes the entire area.

Juspera says, "Uh."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn asks, "Did you work on that thing I wrote you about?"

Thrassus asks, "Where is this banyan tree?"

Raelee nods faintly at Faerinn.

Naamit says, "The energy motes were visible out in the western waterways, but those caves don't extend terribly far underground."

Talinvor distractedly says, "Eii, reminds me of the juggernaut."

Talinvor shuffles his feet.

Talinvor inclines his ear, listening intently.

Akenna says, "That we know of... unless they expanded."

Akenna's face turns slightly pale.

Juspera asks, "It could be the Juggernaut?"

Speaking to Juspera, Faerinn whispers aloud, "It's proper for you to refer to her as Mistress."

Juspera asks, "Mabe?"

Alisette fidgets.

Juspera blinks at Faerinn.

Speaking to Akenna, Naamit concedes, "It's been two days since last I looked."

Speaking wryly to Juspera, Talinvor says, "Wish it was."

Speaking to Faerinn, Juspera whispers aloud, "Who?"

Talinvor nods in agreement to Juspera.

Speaking to Naamit, Akenna says, "They'd have to dig fast."

Naamit says, "Indeed they would."

Speaking to Naamit, Alisette asks, "Do you prefer Mistress to Ma'am?"

Akenna sighs, "Well."

Alisette blurts, "Because I said Ma'am!"

Naamit gazes with a bemused expression at Alisette.

Alisette quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.

Raelee removes a single white rose tied with a pale gold ribbon from in her specimen jar.

Raelee squints at a single white rose tied with a pale gold ribbon.

Alisette sighs.

Raelee asks, "Why is this in here?"

Raelee shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Faerinn says, "We stared a hole at Socius's memorial."

Faerinn asks, "Did a mote turn into that?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Juspera asks, "What?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Raelee says, "No."

Naamit says, "I will go look in the harbor if folks wish to remain here. It's a haul."

Speaking to Faerinn, Raelee says, "I merely thought I had taken an empty jar."

Naamit says, "Keep your minds open, I will reach out to you."

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Faerinn says, "I can take a group to the Banyan tree."

A deep rumbling noise causes the ground underfoot to shake, and a moment later a loud crashing noise comes from the direction of Western Harbor!

Juspera says, "Show me this fancy tree."

Akenna says, "Oh no.."

Juspera says, "Oh that was definitely to the west."

Faerinn says, "Oh, western harbor."

Thrassus says, "Sounds like Naamit was correct."

Faerinn says, "We should check that."

Alisette says, "Western Harbor."

Akenna says, "We should check on Naamit."

Sreka says, "Let's."

[travel. We notice nothing amiss at the docks.]

Faerinn's group just went through a scrollwork wrought iron gate.


A Crack in the Armor

[Western Harbor, Cemetery]

Dark shadows, created by the cliff above, lay across the tombstones and markers that line the simple, crushed seashell pathway as it winds its way through the cemetery. Pale pink and white blossoms litter the ground, strewn haphazardly by the errant sea breezes which have tugged them free of the dogwoods that punctuate the four corners of the tiny lot. You also see a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face, a freshly-laid pathway and a scrollwork wrought iron gate.

Also here: Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Sreka, Lady Alisette, Lord Thrassus, Guarrin, Faerinn

Juspera glances suspiciously around the area.

Thrassus squints at a large crack.

Juspera says, "Oh hey."

Alisette glances nervously around the area.

Juspera leans toward a large crack.

>l crack

You see nothing unusual.

>sniff crack

It smells like a large crack.

Alisette squints at a large crack.

Thrassus asks, "Is that the hole you dug?"

Thrassus glances at Juspera.

Speaking to Thrassus, Juspera asks, "What?"

Sreka says, "Let's see if we can go through it."

Thrassus points at a large crack.

A muffled voice exclaims from beyond the large crack, "What?! What is this! You... you have to go away!"

Alisette says, "If not, I can fit."

Juspera yells, "Come out!"

Landrai softly says, "Not likely after you say that."

Faerinn says, "Let's go in the safe haven."

Akenna says, "We can't do that, sorry."

Faerinn says, "Check with the guard."

[travel]

Faerinn's group just went northwest.

[Cavern, Altar Room]

Vaulted and wide open, the cavern is illuminated by the numerous torches that are hung in large wrought iron rings anchored to the smooth stone walls. High in the distant ceiling is a wide hole that allows sunlight to cast its golden glow upon a smooth round stone altar that has been placed in the center of the chamber. Overlapping thick azure rugs ring the room's single piece of furniture, their faces decorated with interlocking whorls and geometric shapes. You also see a narrow tunnel with a carved Mist Harbor Militia crest just above it and a willow-thin human priest.

Also here: Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Sreka, Lady Alisette, Lord Thrassus, Guarrin, Faerinn

Juspera says, "Maybe some should stay by the crack."

Faerinn's group just went through a narrow tunnel with a carved Mist Harbor Militia crest just above it.

[Mist Harbor, Cavern Entry]

An enormous black iron door, its face carved with labyrinthine whorls and bas-relief tunnels, stands as a formidable guard to the world beyond the cavern. A series of wide bronze braziers, each one set equidistant from its neighbor, lines the long corridor, the brightly glowing coals casting shadows on the distant ceiling. Painted onto the smooth walls are a series of bright blue, azure, and white murals. You also see a narrow tunnel leading back towards the larger cavern and a stocky serious-faced guard.

Also here: Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Sreka, Lady Alisette, Lord Thrassus, Guarrin, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Faerinn

Speaking to a stocky serious-faced guard, Faerinn asks, "Did you see something?"

Juspera glances nervously around the room.

Alisette squints at a stocky serious-faced guard.

Landrai mills about with an uncertain look on her face.

A stocky serious-faced guard shakes his head, his face looking troubled.

Faerinn says, "Ok, back to the crack."

[travel]

Faerinn's group just went through a set of sturdy black doors.

[Western Harbor, Cemetery]

Dark shadows, created by the cliff above, lay across the tombstones and markers that line the simple, crushed seashell pathway as it winds its way through the cemetery. Pale pink and white blossoms litter the ground, strewn haphazardly by the errant sea breezes which have tugged them free of the dogwoods that punctuate the four corners of the tiny lot. You also see a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face, a freshly-laid pathway and a scrollwork wrought iron gate.

Also here: Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Sreka, Lady Alisette, Guarrin, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Faerinn, Lord Thrassus

Alisette points at a large crack.

Faerinn yells, "Hello can you hear me?"

Thrassus gestures at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

Thrassus hurls a stream of water at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face!

The water scours the large boulder clean.

The large boulder shifts slightly, settling more firmly in place.

Naamit looses a ghastly, keening wail!

Naamit skillfully weaves another verse into her harmony, directing the sound of her voice at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

Nothing happens.

Naamit looses a ghastly, keening wail!

Thrassus gestures at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

A sharp sizzling sound rises up as acid eats away at the large boulder.

Alisette reaches out and touches a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

Talinvor asks, "It's not a boulder, is it?"

Akenna ponders.

Alisette says, "No."

Juspera takes a drink from her smoky copper whiskey.

Naamit bashes at the large boulder with her sonic hammerbeak!

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

A stream of fire hits a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face, causing a few chips of stone to fall off.

Guarrin gazes thoughtfully at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

Thrassus says, "Destroy it."

[much bashing and casting]

One by one the crystalline notes weave a harmony of sound and light that coalesce into a glittering translucent veil.

Juspera asks, "Is this.. is this where the workshop is?"

[bashing and casting continue admidst discussion]

Talinvor wryly says, "You all are so violent."

A panicked voice cries out from within the crack, "What are you DOING?! Please... please... just... go away!"

Speaking to Talinvor, Faerinn says, "Someone could be trapped."

Akenna says, "No, sorry we can't do that."

Talinvor says, "Apparently if so, they seem quite fine."

Faerinn yells, "We are coming to rescue you sire."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Shinann.

Juspera says, "Someone is trapped in there."

Juspera nods at Shinann.

Talinvor says, "They're beating a rock that doesn't want to be beaten."

Shinann asks, "What?"

Juspera yells, "SOMEONE IS TRAPPED IN THERE."

Juspera nods at Shinann.

A desperate-sounding voice begs from just beyond the large crack, "PLEASE! Please just leave! She'll never permit this!"

Talinvor says, "Oh.."

Sreka says, "We don't much care what she permits."

Talinvor says, "It's bait."

Faerinn says, "We're allies of Vlashandra if that's what you mean."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Traiva.

Juspera says, "No I don't like the sound of that woman."

Juspera exclaims, "Traiva someone is trapped in the cliff!"

Talinvor corrects, "Bait, is telling us to go away."

The voice calls out, sounding confused, "You... you know her? No... I don't BELIEVE YOU!" The sound of clanking comes from just beyond the large crack.

Akenna says, "Oh we do."

Juspera says, "Wow this person doesn't seem to want our help."

Talinvor looks over at Juspera and shakes his head.

Faerinn yells, "She looks just like Magister Raelee who is also with us."

Juspera yells, "Don't worry, we're coming!"

Alisette pants.

Akenna says, "She's made a mess out of Lake Eonak."

Thrassus says, "Indeed, we are working with her to open a portal."

Speaking to a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face, Raelee says, "Yes. Look."

The ground underneath groans and rumbles, and a small shower of dust comes tumbling down the cliff face.

Guarrin mutters under his breath.

Juspera sneezes.

Shinann says, "I am fairly useless with that rock."

One by one the crystalline notes weave a harmony of sound and light that coalesce into a glittering translucent veil.

Naamit exclaims, "Ugh!"

Naamit dusts herself off.

Juspera bashes at the large boulder with her razor-sharp hatchet!

Roundtime: 11 sec.

Alisette coughs.

Talinvor asks, "So if you all loosen this boulder.. do you suppose it will roll off the cliff?"

Juspera says, "Um."

Speaking to Talinvor, Juspera says, "You should catch it."

Alisette says, "Not if we bash it to bits."

Traiva nods at Juspera.

Naamit says, "Yes, and it will roll down hill and kill the people resting at the fountain."

Juspera gawks at Naamit.

Naamit nods grimly at Alisette.

Alisette stares at Naamit.

Alisette exclaims, "Wait!"

Speaking amusedly to Juspera, Talinvor says, "I'll pass. You all keep doing what makes you happy."

Juspera turns to face Alisette.

Sreka turns an inquisitive ear toward Alisette.

Guarrin gives a sidelong glance at Alisette.

Speaking to Alisette, Naamit explains, "That's why we have to bash it to pieces."

The boulder creaks loudly, and a spiderweb of cracks spread across its surface.

Alisette exclaims, "I don't wanna kill unsuspecting people!"

Juspera exclaims, "Ooh ooh!"

Alisette says, "Oh."

Alisette nods at Naamit.

Juspera exclaims, "We're breaking it!"

Guarrin says, "Looks like it's about to crack."

Juspera says, "Hit it right... there..."

Faerinn says, "Boulder is gonna explode."

(Juspera points at a random spot on the boulder.)

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Leafiara.

[and now I'm in]

[Western Harbor, Cemetery]

Dark shadows, created by the cliff above, lay across the tombstones and markers that line the simple, crushed seashell pathway as it winds its way through the cemetery. Pale pink and white blossoms litter the ground, strewn haphazardly by the errant sea breezes which have tugged them free of the dogwoods that punctuate the four corners of the tiny lot. You also see a golden wand, a golden wand, a black-eared red and grey fox, a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face, a freshly-laid pathway and a scrollwork wrought iron gate.

Also here: Chatelaine Traiva, Shinann, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Guarrin, Juspera, Lady Landrai, High Lord Talinvor, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Sreka, Lady Alisette, Faerinn, Lord Thrassus

Speaking to his rolaren-worked sledgehammer, Guarrin asks, "Why aren't you better at this?"

Juspera says, "Leafiara someone is trapped."

[bashing and casting all throughout]

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, good enough for me."


Break and Enter!

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures at a large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face.

A sharp sizzling sound rises up as acid eats away at the large boulder.

The large boulder shifts suddenly, falling to rubble in a cloud of dust!'

A large boulder obscuring a newly-formed crack in the cliff face collapsein a pile of rubble!

Speaking to Akenna, Naamit says, "Well done."

Juspera exclaims, "Yes!"

[Cavern, Large Chamber]

This immense chamber is formed of smooth stone in every direction. The floor is a near-perfect circle, and completely flat, while the walls bend upwards before finally meeting high overhead. The space is lit by lengthy veins of iridescent fungi, which cast the entire area in a slightly viridian-tinged luminescence. You also see a narrow crevice and a huge stone slab.

Also here: Lord Thrassus, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit

As you step into the space, you just barely catch a glimpse of a diminutive figure as a massive stone slab *SLAMS* down, blocking the way forward.

Alisette exclaims, "Eeek!"

Faerinn says, "We are stuck."

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Akenna says, "Now see here."

From behind the slab, you can hear a muffled voice calling out, "Please! Please, you have to go back! Just... leave us alone!"

Naamit says, "Go in that crevice."

Guarrin says, "Just want to talk a bit."

Speaking to a huge stone slab, Akenna says, "We can't do that, I'm sorry."

Juspera shouts, "You're safe now!"

Thrassus asks, "Who are you?"

Leafiara amusedly says, "Best way to get us to do something--tell us to do the opposite."

Through a narrow crevice, you hear Alisette yell, "It is empty!"

Speaking to a huge stone slab, Akenna says, "If you need help, we'll help you."

Faerinn yells, "We are coming to help you...Callid?"

Talinvor asks, "Going to beat the slab?"

[bashing, attacking, etc]

A voice from beyond the slab grows angry, then screeches, "Just GO! We're so CLOSE!"

Alisette says, "Hmmm."

Raelee says, "... we could, at least, briefly investigate that way."

Raelee points northeast.

Leafiara yells, "But we like poking around in the unknown!"

Naamit yells, "No, we are staying."

>ne

A huge stone slab blocks further travel in that direction.

Speaking to a huge stone slab, Akenna says, "Listen, we can't do that, but if you're in trouble we want to help you."

Juspera asks, "They're close...?"

Speaking offhandedly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Already tried it."

Speaking wryly to Akenna, Talinvor says, "By force, if necessary."

Juspera asks, "Where is Lady Rohese?"

Faerinn says, "Slab blocks ne path."

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "If you don't like it, you can leave."

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "We don't need your commentary."

The voice cries out, "We don't NEED your help! We're almost... it's almost... Please-" The voice breaks down into sobs, then grows distant.

Alisette inquisitively exclaims, "Can you stay put? We will come to help after we move the slab!"

Juspera says, "Uhhhh..."

Juspera asks, "Is that Callid?"

Leafiara challenges, "Maybe we beg to differ!"

Shinann says, "I do not know."

Faerinn yells, "Callid I have some questions for you."

Akenna says, "Oh no.."

Guarrin says, "Hope so."

Naamit says, "Bash the slab, folks."

Faerinn yells, "Callid I have some questions for you."

Speaking amusedly to Akenna, Talinvor says, "Growl at me some more, Akenna."

Juspera exclaims, "We need to get in before they can... do that thing they were doing!"

Akenna quips, "You haven't seen me growl, or bite."

The room goes suddenly still, then the screech of something very large and very angry reverberates through the stone around you.

Leafiara interestedly says, "Oh, now we're getting somewhere."

(Juspera swings her hatchet in a wide arc at the slab, but ends up hitting Guarrin on the knee.)

Juspera's cheeks take on a slightly flushed tone.

Guarrin winces.

Speaking to Juspera, Traiva says, "Easy there."

Traiva says, "He needs that knee."

Juspera says, "It was an accident."

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures at a huge stone slab.

A sharp sizzling sound rises up as acid eats away at the stone slab.

The stone slab shifts suddenly, falling to rubble in a cloud of dust!

A ruined stone slab collapsein a pile of rubble!

Shinann says, "Done."

Speaking curiously to a ruined stone slab, Raelee asks, "What is it you are afraid Vlashandra will do, should we pass this slab?"

Juspera exclaims, "We did it!"

Faerinn's group just went northeast.

[Cavern, Storage Room]

This room is laid out as a simply massive hallway, with more than a dozen alcoves of various sizes on either side of the main pathway. Each alcove bears some form of locking mechanism or restraint device, and most of them appear to be firmly secured. Bright torches adorn the walls at regular intervals, casting the entire area in a bright glow while also providing a constantly-shifting panorama of flickering shadows. You also see a chain-covered wooden door.

Also here: Lord Thrassus, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Magister Raelee, High Lord Talinvor, Lady Landrai, Juspera, Guarrin, Shinann, Chatelaine Traiva, Lady Alisette, Sreka, Faerinn

Guarrin says, "These things happen."

Speaking approvingly to Akenna, Leafiara says, "That's two for two."

Faerinn says, "Door in the way."


The Last Link

As you step into the space, a chain-covered wooden door slams shut, and a panicked voice calls out, "The alcoves are damaged! It's not safe! Leave!"

Juspera yells, "You better let us in now!"

[bashing, casting, etc.]

Naamit says, "I see three shackled forms to the north through a slit in the door."

Leafiara yells, "We like unsafe!"

Guarrin asks, "Cordarius?"

Shinann says, "Well, you need to get out also."

A dance of dust and gravel heralds the arrival of an oily misshapen salamander!

A dance of dust and gravel heralds the arrival of an oily misshapen salamander!

[combat]

Faerinn yells, "I would like my arms back please."

[combat]

Shinann says, "Oh."

The sound of splintering wood comes from one side, and the sound of something very large approaching fills the air!

A scream of impotent fury comes from one of the shadowy alcoves, and before its echoes can die away, other throats from other alcoves take up the screeching, until the air is filled with a cacophony of pure rage!

A four-tusked boar charges in, grunting an angry challenge!

[combat]

Talinvor says, "Such a mess."

[combat]

Talinvor says, "Oh, vesperti."

[combat]

Juspera exclaims, "Oh no!"

A panicked voice calls out, "Just stop! The alcoves are failing! Please just leave! It's not safe without them restrained!"

Speaking to Sreka, Naamit says, "You have died."

Leafiara yells, "We'll take our chances!"

A massive *CRASH* momentarily overrides all other ambient noise, and is immediately followed by a distant rumble. The ground underfoot shakes in response.

Speaking to Naamit, the ghostly voice of Sreka says, "Yes, I noticed."

Faerinn asks, "Is Sreka attended to?"

Talinvor says, "Apprently not."

Leaiara amiably exclaims, "Yep!"

A loud screech sounds from nearby, and the sound of grunting accompanies the loud CRACK of splintering wood as something breaks free!

Talinvor says, "Ah.."

Juspera exclaims, "Oh oh!"

A two-headed giant grey wolverine scampers in.

Grunts and growls reverberate through the area, emanating from the alcoves to either side. Occasional screeches of rage punctuate the ominous noise.

A bone-threaded oily grey reaper scampers in, foam dripping from its mouth!

Juspera says, "That thing was gross."

[combat]

Faerinn says, "Magic doesn't work on reapers."

Talinvor asks, "Screaming from the alcoves.. did you not say something was chained there?"

Juspera says, "There's a lot of weird things down here."

Thrassus asks, "Perhaps they turned Cordarius into one of those wolverines?"

The muffled voice calls out, "Look, you... you can't take them! Not now! Not when I'm so close! I'll... Oh Gods, please, just LEAVE!"

Juspera yells, "Come out and surrender!"

Alisette yells, "We ain't leavin!"

Talinvor says, "The gnome, I think."

Leafiara says, "Multiple perfect bodies, I bet..."

Naamit yells, "Okay sure, we'll leave. Then you can come out."

Akenna apologizes, "We can't do that, we're sorry."

A scream of impotent fury comes from one of the shadowy alcoves, and before its echoes can die away, other throats from other alcoves take up the screeching, until the air is filled with a cacophony of pure rage!

Naamit whispers aloud, "Shhh..."

Naamit says, "Pause a moment, see if he comes out."

Faerinn says, "We intend to take you alive. Please just surrender."

Talinvor says, "I'm sure his minions will try to buy him more time."

Naamit whispers aloud, "It was worth a shot."

Naamit exclaims, "Resume bashing!"

Akenna says, "We don't want to hurt you, but we can't allow you to finish whatever it is you're doing."

The sound of splintering wood screeches out from one of the nearby alcoves, and the air is momentarily filled with the sound of triumphant howls, but after a moment the tone turns disgruntled, and the sounds of heavy thudding can be heard emanating from the same direction.

Leafiara says, "I mean, maybe we can let him finish--it depends what he's doing."

Faerinn yells, "Vlashandra got what she wants and has no intention of honoring the rest of her deal."

Juspera says, "I don't think he's having 'private time.'."

Speaking to Juspera, Faerinn says, "There would be more straining."

Talinvor annoyedly says, "Great. Now there's gibbering."

Leafiara clarifies, "I mean after we break down all the doors and slabs and anything else, obviously. Do it on our terms."

Juspera says, "Ow. Hot."

A massive *CRASH* momentarily overrides all other ambient noise, and is immediately followed by a distant rumble. The ground underfoot shakes in response.

A mutilated leopard crouches as she stalks into view!

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Ah, finally the more threatening ones."

[combat]

Alisette says, "Is gonna blow." [we've been attacking the door the whole time]

A loud *CRASH* sounds from nearby, and a rage-filled roar echoes through the area!

Leafiara optimistically exclaims, "Sure hope so!"

A boar-headed mangy red bear lumbers noisily into the area drooling hungrily!

[combat]

Shinann says, "Hmm."

[combat]

Juspera exclaims, "Ugh!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Oof."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette angrily exclaims, "Was a cheap shot!"

[very extended combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Juspera!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Sreka exclaims, "Get those bears!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "They got me."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Kill those pigs!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "I mean bears!"

[extended combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Get them!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Mismatched pair of worthless beings!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Traiva says, "Thanks Leafi."

[combat]

Talinvor says, "You know... we could just.. sanct here."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Thank you."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Sreka says, "Yes. Sanct."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Kill them Magister Raelee."

[combat]

[Cavern, Storage Room]

This room is laid out as a simply massive hallway, with more than a dozen alcoves of various sizes on either side of the main pathway. Each alcove bears some form of locking mechanism or restraint device, and most of them appear to be firmly secured. Bright torches adorn the walls at regular intervals, casting the entire area in a bright glow while also providing a constantly-shifting panorama of flickering shadows. You also see a chain-covered wooden door.

Also here: Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, the body of Sreka who is lying down, the body of Lady Alisette who is lying down, the body of Chatelaine Traiva who is lying down, Shinann, Guarrin, the body of Juspera who is lying down, the body of Lady Landrai who is lying down, Magister Raelee, Lord Thrassus, the body of Faerinn who is lying down

Grunts and growls reverberate through the area, emanating from the alcoves to either side. Occasional screeches of rage punctuate the ominous noise.

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Yeah!"


A Lack of Bargaining Chips

The sound of sobbing comes from the other side of the door, and a strangled voice cries out, "Please! If you would just leave! Vlashandra can get them back under control when she returns to fulfill her part of the bargain! And then we can be finished!"

Leafiara dubiously says, "But that's so dull." [was actually trying to talk to Talinvor, but he was away]

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "Take that you mangy beasts!"

Leafiara slowly says, "Well then..."

The ghostly voice of Sreka asks, "What is her part of the bargain?"

Thrassus yells, "She's not coming back you idiot."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "I don't think she's coming back."

The ghostly voice of Sreka says, "I'm curious."

Speaking to Leafiara, the ghostly voice of Traiva asks, "Can you Sanct here?"

Speaking to Alisette, Leafiara says, "You were the first dead..."

Guarrin says, "We can get you out of here."

The ghostly voice of Alisette exclaims, "What is her part of the bargain? I think you have been duped!"

The ghostly voice of Juspera asks, "Why don't you just come out and talk to us?"

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Oh you have to raise Traiva."

Leafiara yells, "Is she making you a perfect body too?"

The ghostly voice of Sreka says, "Maybe they don't like talking to ghosts."

The ghostly voice of Alisette says, "Aye Leafie, I can help heal when I am up."

[bunch of raising and healing all throughout these next parts]

The ghostly voice of Juspera proudly exclaims, "Look how many times I got hit before I died!"

The ghostly voice of Juspera asks, "Where is Alosaka?"

Speaking to Juspera, the ghostly voice of Faerinn asks, "Five times here. You?"

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Five also."

The sound of muted clatter comes from beyond the door, punctuated by loud sobs.

The ghostly voice of Juspera asks, "Alosaka also just died on the isle, is something happening?"

Naamit yells, "Cry, get it all out."

Talinvor says, "Apparently she wanted to watch while dead."

The ghostly voice of Sreka says, "Sanctify again."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Crying is healthy."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "Please! Why can't you understand?! We're so close!"

The ghostly voice of Sreka asks, "Close to WHAT?"

Leafiara yells, "We might understand if you tell us close to what!"

Naamit yells, "Oh we do understand, we want to see your handiwork."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Um um um."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Yeah, give us a tour and answer some questions it will go better."

The ghostly voice of Juspera calls, "Come on out, we're harmless."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "I've DONE my part! And everything is ready! When Vlashandra returns, then it will all have been worth it!"

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "...especially me."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "For instance tell us what she looked like before you worked on her."

Guarrin asks, "What happens when she returns?"

Thrassus yells, "Like I said, she's not coming back!"

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "Yes she IS! She PROMISED!"

Alisette persuasively exclaims, "If you will come talk to us, we can help you!"

Talinvor asks, "Another wave, hm?"

Leafiara yells, "She's pretty good at making promises she might not be able to keep!"

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Oh try harder."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Vlashandra's face is literally a lie."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "You don't know her! She's on a noble mission, and she did what she had to. And... and she promised me..."

The ghostly voice of Juspera shouts, "Yeah like what kind of noble mission? What did she tell you?"

Alisette exclaims, "She does not keep promises, friend! Please, come talk to us!"

The ghostly voice of Sreka asks, "What did she promise you?"

Leafiara yells, "Is she just making you a perfect body? If that's all it is, we have other experts in the Landing who might be able to do that!"

Faerinn yells, "Her mission might be but she's a liar."

Leafiara yells, "There's this guy named Cruxophim..."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "No! You're going to want to take them away! And I'm TOO CLOSE! Just LEAVE already!"

Thrassus yells, "She has already told us she did not have need of you any longer."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Wow he's really insistent."

Faerinn yells, "For example what was her apperance before? The face you made her is a lie."

Speaking to a chain-covered wooden door, Raelee asks, "Take who away, precisely?"

Naamit yells, "What if I want to help you?"

Shinann says, "He is."

Talinvor yells, "Promises are cheap. How pathetic you believe one that cannot even accept who she is."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Stop that."

Speaking to Thrassus, the ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Get a scroll and raise me."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "Please... I... I can't give them up. Not when we're so close."

Talinvor distractedly asks, "What did she promise, anyway?"

Akenna says, "I brought some help.." [extra cleric]

The ghostly voice of Juspera exclaims, "Help is good!"

The ghostly voice of Traiva says, "Oh good."

Speaking to Juspera, Thrassus says, "Yes, I have plenty of those just lying around."

The ghostly voice of Juspera exclaims, "Okay good!"

Talinvor yells, "Such a tool, for the ambitions of another. Be proud that you will simply be a rung on her ladder. Do you really believe she will uphold her promise?"

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn says, "We should merge groups."

The area around you suddenly groans, and a low rumble echoes through the stone all around. A fine stream of dust drifts down from overhead.

Speaking to Faerinn, Naamit says, "You are in my group."

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn says, "Done then."

Leafiara musingly says, "Hm."

Akenna says, "More help is coming."

Talinvor gives Traiva a little prod between the shoulder blades.

The ghostly voice of Juspera exclaims, "Mnar!"

Speaking to Talinvor, the ghostly voice of Traiva says, "Do not touch me."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Now we'll be safe."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "Please! The cavern is unstable! The quake damaged the roof overhead! I need you to leave, and stop making everything WORSE!"

Speaking to Traiva, Talinvor reminds, "You're dead."

The ghostly voice of Juspera shouts, "Come raise me and I'll leave!"

Shinann says, "Sounds like he needs to leave too."

Speaking to Talinvor, the ghostly voice of Traiva repeats, "Do not touch me."

Naamit says, "Folks, join Faerinn."

The ghostly voice of Juspera says, "Watch out Mnar there were some big leopards."

Mnar says, "I heard."

Speaking carefully to a chain-covered wooden door, Raelee asks, "Callid. Can you see through the cracks in the door?"

The ground shifts slightly underfood, and the sound of claws against stone echoes through the area.

The ghostly voice of Juspera proudly says, "They hit me five times before I died."

Faerinn says, "There are three shackled bodies in there with him."

The ghostly voice of Landrai softly says, "That is terrible."

Faerinn yells, "Callid? Who are those three in shackles with you?"

Juspera says, "No I want to sit."

Speaking to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Hope Cordarius is in there..."

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Speaking to Juspera, Naamit says, "Get left behind then, I don't care."

From nearby, you hear Callid yell, "You DO NOT TALK ABOUT THEM! They are NOT for you! MINE!"

Leafiara says, "One body for Aralyte, one body for him, and the third..."

Leafiara yells, "You need three bodies for your one mind?"

Shinann says, "Oh, that does not sound good at all."

Naamit yells, "I would like to admire your work!"

Faerinn yells, "Cool, cool, cool. I'm just gonna come in there and say hi to them."

Speaking to Leafiara, Talinvor asks, "Pets, maybe?"

Traiva says, "This."

Speaking to Traiva, Juspera says, "That's the hardest bread I ever ate."

Juspera says, "Oh."

Regwen asks, "Who's leading?"

Akenna says, "There."

Faerinn says, "I am."

Juspera says, "I feel a little better now."

Faerinn yells, "Cordarius are you in there with the gnome?"

Faerinn says, "Worth a shot."

Faerinn says, "There are three shackled figures in there with him."

Faerinn says, "I know of at least two hostages."

The sound of snapping wood from nearby is followed immediately by the sound of clawed feet on stone!

Naamit asks, "Alright. Everyone back up now?"

Juspera exclaims, "Oh no!"

Thrassus says, "Here they come again."

A bone-threaded oily grey reaper scampers in, foam dripping from its mouth!

Sreka says, "For the next two seconds."

Naamit says, "Dropping the sanct."

[extended combat]

Alisette says, "Oh no."

Naamit says, "I slaughtered the one that ran away."

Faerinn says, "Once again magic does not work on reapers."

The ground underfoot rocks suddenly, and a loud groan echoes through the area.

The voice of Mnar says, "Hm..."

Alisette says, "Sorry for that."

Aureliano gestures at a chain-covered wooden door.

Sections of the a chain-covered wooden door burst into spasmodic flame!

The flames engulfing a chain-covered wooden door leap higher!

The chains finally snap off the wooden door as it explodes inward, shattering into hundreds of pieces!

The wooden door collapse!

The door rattles heavily in its frame, and cracks form across its surface.

A loud squeal rings through the air, as of wood being pushed to its breaking point, or metal being dragged across rock. From the same direction the sound emanated from, excited gibbering can be heard.

Naamit says, "And down it goes."


All That Remains

[Cavern, Workshop]

This room is somewhat cramped, but not due to its dimensions, but rather because of the sheer amount of items it contains. The dominant feature of the space is a long stone table, heavily stained and with a number of macabre bits scattered across its surface. To either side, against the walls, are stained sacks and crates, all containing hideous bits of gore, and piled nearly to the ceiling. The wall across from the entrance, however, is free of all clutter, and contains merely three shackled forms.

Also here: Callid

Callid grasps at an amulet, a panicked look on his face, and cries out, "I'll never stop trying! Never!" With tears streaming down his face, he twists the amulet and disappears in a shower of scintillating light!

Naamit says, "Where did he go? I saw him."

Leafiara says, "...hmm."

Leafiara says, "He used his amulet to disappear..."

Faerinn says, "Three gnomes." [the shackled forms]

Alisette says, "Oh my."

Shinann says, "Gnomes."

Raelee slowly says, "... his family, or approximations of, no doubt."

Raelee says, "And thus, the promise."

The voice of Mnar says, "I am hidden."

Alisette says, "The gnomes."

Shinann says, "That is... very sad."

Leafiara says, "Ah..."

Juspera quietly says, "Oh, no..."

Juspera says, "So sad."

Sreka says, "Vlashandra should die for this."

Sreka says, "In pieces."

Akenna says, "I agree."

Shinann says, "She should die for many things she has done."

Talinvor asks, "His family, no doubt. Why else have such emotional charge to his creations?"

Faerinn says, "The last one is smiling."

>look for

You see three shackled forms. Looking at the forms, you see a bisected gnomish girl, a spliced gnomish boy and a stitched gnomish woman.

>l wom

A heavy webwork of intricate stitching has created this patchwork figure from a seemingly large pool of source material. The skin varies in hue from piece to piece, but the overall shape is flawless, with no untoward lumps or bulges. The form is one of a forest gnome woman, her eyes closed but the totality of her features appearing completely at ease and remarkably lifelike. There is even a slight upward cant to her mouth, indicating the barest hint of a smile.

>l boy

This figure seems to have been created largely from a single source, though the presence of many fine lines of stitching suggest extensive shaping may have taken place to force the flesh into the form of a small forest gnome boy. Its eyes are closed, and the majority of its head is covered with a mop of unkempt brown hair, interrupted only by a single swath of slightly different flesh sewed into one side of the scalp.

>l gir

This form has been expertly sewn in almost perfect vertical lines, splicing together two slightly different halves of a body into a single form. The result is clearly meant to be that of a forest gnome girl, on the cusp of maturity. The two halves appear to not have been quite perfectly proportioned with regards to each other, so the left side features some stretching of the flesh where the seams were forced to close gaps in the material.

Regwen says, "That's ghastly."

Naamit points at a torn leather journal.

>read jour


In the Common language, it reads:

feel it. I can't be certain of the exact timing, of course. Mayhaps the gods could pinpoint things better than I, but then, the gods have forsaken me. Haven't they? Vlashandra is impatient, but no one could be more impatient than I. My sweet, sweet Kanskinia. I know how much my long days pained you, but you were always so very patient with this poor single-minded surgeon. But, if the gods have not turned from me, if they have not forgotten my name...

This has to work, Kanny. It must. I cannot live even one more week without you, and if this last batch can not bring you and the younglings back to me... I do not want to live. I cannot live. This is no life for me without each of you. I will never forgive myself for not being there when the brigands came upon you all. I do not deserve this second chance, but I will burn this world to the ground to have it, and to have you back, sweet woman.

But, no... this will work. This WILL work. Please. Please, Kanny, just give me one more week. Wait just a bit more for me to bring you back. Please. The bodies will not be the same, no. Of course not. They could not be.

No.

But... it will be better than never again hearing your soft whisper in my ear. It will be better than never again hearing the musical laughter of the one tumbling after the other in games I could never quite fathom. Or... to be fair... never quite had the time for. I am sorrier than I can express, and so grateful for the chance to try again.

I am almost there. WE are almost there, Kanny. I can feel it... and at times I can even feel your presence. It's so close, my love. Please wait. Please. My beloved, I wasn't there when you needed me, but I am here now. Wait, Kanny. Wait, please. I am bringing you back to me. You and the younglings. It will be different this time. I swear it on my life.

If I cannot bring you back to this world with me, then I will join you all in death.

Alisette says, "Oh my."

Faerinn says, "This is a suicide note."

Alisette says, "It is."

Juspera says, "I dunno."

Faerinn says, "Her name was Kanny."

Mnar says, "That was not written by someone entirely sane."

Leafiara dubiously says, "But he ran. He didn't kill himself..."

Juspera says, "It seems like he still believes he can succeed."

Thrassus says, "I don't see any other ways out from this room."

Faerinn says, "And those were his kids."

Shinann says, "That is sad.."

Juspera says, "He wants Vlashandra to come back still I think. And..."

Leafiara muses, "....unless he *did* run off to kill himself just now..."

Speaking suddenly to Juspera, Leafiara says, "Oh, good point."

Sreka says, "The poor creature."

Naamit offers, "We could let him keep them."

Juspera says, "...finish..."

Talinvor asks, "Should they be put on the pyre.. buried. Something?"

Juspera says, "I mean..."

Naamit says, "No, let him keep his play-things."

Faerinn says, "This is already a graveyard."

Juspera asks, "Could it be possible they could really be brought back to life?"

Raelee quietly asks, "... and the question is, what was he waiting on Vlashandra for?"

The ground underfoot suddenly tilts heavily to one side, accompanied by a loud rumble.

Faerinn says, "His wife and kids."

Juspera says, "I don't want to take that from him if --"

Juspera says, "Uh oh."

Thrassus says, "We should leave."

Leafiara offers, "Well, worst case, they raise up as undead at some point."

Akenna says, "We could put them in the memorial... I haven't filled it yet."

Faerinn says, "Still something going on."

Talinvor distractedly says, "Such a dishonor."

Sreka says, "Restoration of their spirits, I would guess."

Speaking to Raelee, Guarrin says, "...no sign of Cordarius either."

Juspera yells, "Cordarius?"

Thrassus says, "They'll be buried in here anyway, it's irrelevant."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "He's probably in the Outpost."

Raelee whispers something to Guarrin.

The whole cavern shakes dramatically, and small streams of rubble fall to the ground all around you.

Speaking to Guarrin, Leafiara says, "She probablby wouldn't have trusted him in this one's hands."

Mnar says, "If we collapse this place, that would be a burial enough."

Naamit asks, "What is this gnome's name?"

Mnar says, "I really do think we ought to leave though."

Juspera asks, "Callid?"

Leafiara asks, "Callid?"

Akenna asks, "Callid?"

Sreka says, "His name is Callid."

Speaking quietly to Mnar, Talinvor says, "Eii."

Thrassus says, "We need to get out."

Faerinn says, "Callid is him. Her name is Kanny."

Naamit yells, "Callid, you can have your gnome forms here."

Landrai falls to the ground! [and everyone else]

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!

Roundtime: 7 sec.

Roundtime changed to 4 seconds.

Akenna says, "We should.."

Juspera says, "Oof."

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin says, "I hope not.."

Mnar asks, "Why have we not left yet?"

Guarrin says, "Perhaps it's time to."

>look tab

This table is formed from a single imperfectly shaped slab of stone propped up by thick wooden legs. The table's surface is pockmarked with both natural and unnatural divots and cracks, and any number of gore-tinted stains of varying sizes. At one edge of the table is a torn leather journal.

Speaking to three shackled forms, Akenna says, "I'm sorry."

Alisette says, "Aye."

Faerinn says, "There has to be more here."

Sreka says, "Kanskinia. Kanny for short."

Alisette says, "We need to go."

Naamit yells, "We will leave you to them now!"

Naamit says, "Let us go."

Mnar says, "Fair enough point Faerinn, you'll have eternity to find it if you stay."

Leafiara simply says, "Can't save 'em all. Onward."

The ground shakes violently, and one wall sprouts a massive crack!

Mnar says, "Let's go."

Traiva says, "There was a crack."

Sreka says, "There was."

Juspera says, "Not big enough to go through though."

Faerinn asks, "Where?"

Sreka says, "North."

Juspera says, "A crack formed to the north."

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!

Roundtime: 11 sec.

Naamit whispers to the group, "I think that was indication of the instability of the cavern."

Juspera says, "See we can't go out that way."

Faerinn says, "I don't see it."

Mnar whispers to the group, "I agree!"

Faerinn says, "We need to go."

[travel, escape]


Contemplating the Next Moves

Thrassus: "I'm not digging your corpses out of there."

Shinann says, "He has to be nearby..."

Akenna says, "I wish we didn't have to leave them..."

Akenna says, "They deserved a better place to rest."

Juspera says, "I mean."

Speaking tentatively to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Well, he doesn't *have* to be nearby. He could have used his transportation jewelry to escape."

Thrassus says, "It's irrelevant, they are dead."

Juspera says, "I can also think of worse places..."

Shinann says, "True."

Naamit says, "A veil of energy opened momentarily while we were in there. So yes, he may have left."

Talinvor distractedly says, "Food for the worms, either way."

A loud creak sounds from the cliff face, and the rock shifts slightly, closing the large crack.

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh, wait, that's exactly what he *did* do. The amulet was his transport."

Faerinn says, "He had a necklace for that."

Thrassus says, "They were quite masterfully crafted, though."

Leafiara says, "...but where it took him..."

Akenna says, "He did."

Faerinn says, "Probably back to the Landing."

Akenna says, "Which means... he's in the-"

Akenna says, "Right."

Faerinn says, "I was hoping he would be neutralized and we could have learned something more about tonight's problem."

Leafiara says, "Right, but that's still--could be anywhere in that area."

Naamit says, "Well. You all sprint off to the Landing. I'll be here."

Sreka says, "I'm not sensing him anywhere."

Thrassus says, "Tonight's problem remains getting Aralyte out of the valence she's trapped in."

Sreka asks, "Could he have gone somewhere--outside of reality? Like the Rift or the Confluence?"

Juspera asks, "So... were they trying to make three bodies, then? A perfect one for Vlashandra, and those three for Callid?"

Leafiara says, "The motes were only the sign of Vlashandra's magic and not Callid, so he could be--anywhere, really."

Shinann asks, "Have you seen any motes here?"

Juspera asks, "And if so, where's Vlashandra's one?"

Speaking to Thrassus, Faerinn says, "Yes, but I would have loved some insight into who she was and what her motives were."

Faerinn says, "I think it might be worth checking the portal."

Speaking to Juspera, Leafiara speculates, "Probably with her. She wouldn't trust it in someone else's hands."

Juspera asks, "You didn't see a third patchwork body in there, did you?"

Juspera says, "I mean a fourth."

Shinann says, "No..."

Faerinn says, "Say three patchwork bodies in ther."

Alisette says, "No."

Sreka says, "I saw three bodies. A girl, a boy, and a woman. All gnomes."

Faerinn says, "His wife and kids."

Talinvor says, "Plenty of motes near Lake Eonak. Blue tents, plenty of moaning. No idea what they might still be doing there."

Faerinn says, "I don't think he would have liked what Vlashandra could make for her."

Leafiara says, "The tents are hosting those still recovering from the blight. The motes at the lake are... probably residual magic from the area, but we aren't sure."

Naamit says, "I am going back in."

Naamit stares at a large crack.

Naamit says, "Or not."

Rolfard raspily says, "Tis closed."

Faerinn says, "The crack is closed."

Speaking curiously to Leafiara, Talinvor asks, "Still?"

Speaking to Naamit, Alisette says, "I tried."

Rolfard raspily says, "Cloesd almost as soon as we left."

Speaking thoughtfully to Leafiara, Talinvor says, "Seems a good way to aquire bodies."

Speaking suspiciously to Talinvor, Leafiara says, "Well, that's what the Hall claims at least."

Faerinn says, "I'm dropping everyone off at Greth's then checking the portal."

Speaking curiously to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "I suppose you can confirm that that's what's still going on in the pavilions?"

Juspera says, "Okay I guess."

Alisette says, "I am going to the portal as well."

Speaking to Leafiara, Talinvor adds, "And conveniently not too far from the portal, neh?"

[travel]

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]

Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar. Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days. A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug. You also see a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks, Greth and a crooked rectangular mirror hung on the wall.

Alisette says, "Just to look."

Speaking wryly to Talinvor, Leafiara says, "Yeah, tell me about it."

Greth squints, then remarks, "Glad yer all OK... what was that all about?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "They are not a staging ground for harvesting bodies, if that is what you are implying."

Faerinn yells, "Socius! Callid is dead so you can stop looking."

Speaking to Greth, Juspera asks, "You know how Socius was talking about a gnome called Callid?"

Speaking amusedly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Oh, no, wasn't thinking that much--I was just wondering if it's for experiments."

Talinvor asks, "Is he dead though?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Naamit says, "He may have escaped."

Juspera asks, "Wait are we sure he's dead?"

Speaking to Greth, Alisette says, "We um were chasing Callid."

Greth notes, "He's been gone all day. Somethin' 'bout the Iyo."

Naamit asks, "Did you not sense the veil?"

Juspera says, "Oh I see."

Speaking to Greth, Akenna asks, "Oh?"

Speaking to Greth, Juspera asks, "Why was he going to see the Iyo?"

Greth shrugs his broad shoulders.

Speaking to Greth, Sreka asks, "What about the Iyo?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "Technically yes."

Speaking to Greth, Thrassus says, "It seems a gnome was constructing fascinating creatures in a cave in the graveyard."

Greth grumbles, "Zofiya talked 'im inta it, ah'm sure."

Juspera says, "Okay but why."

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "All treatments for people suffering from the effects of the blight were experimental."

Speaking to Raelee, Leafiara relents, "Fair, fair."

Speaking to Greth, Traiva says, "You seem to disapprove."

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "One cannot have a proven, non-experimental treatment for a malady that has never been previously encountered."

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "There was a cave in by the cemetary."

Greth mutters to himself, then grumbles, "He's some better, but still has lots missin' from his memories. Might not be safe... fer him or fer them."

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera says, "I got a little spit on the glass."

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera says, "Sorry."

Greth blinks, then asks, "Cave?"

Akenna says, "It isn't..."

Speaking hopefully to Greth, Leafiara offers, "Well, last time we saw him, he did remember they were his friends."

Alisette says, "A cave-in."

Speaking to Juspera, Mnar asks, "Are you really, though?"

Naamit says, "Well, we should probably rescue Socius from himself if he's gone to the Iyo."

Greth squints in thought, then rumbles, "Ah'm not the smartest one 'round... what's this all 'bout, then?"

Speaking to Greth, Thrassus says, "Those tremors opened a crack in the cliff wall that gave access to a sort of workshop."

Greth nods slowly, brow furrowed in thought.

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "There were more tunnels by the safe haven. That gnome Socius mentioned was splicing bodies in there."

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "Then a woman named Vlashandra would make them come to life."

Speaking to Greth, Thrassus says, "Yes, he had built himself a little family in there."


Updating Socius

Socius slips into the bar, his eyes narrowed.

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "She wanted a custom made body in exchange for making the bodies of his family move again."

Leafiara says, "Why he sought out a mage instead of a cleric or necromancer for that particular goal--"

Thrassus says, "A waste of a talent if you ask me."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn asks, "How were the Iyo?"

Socius nods slowly.

Speaking amiably to Socius, Leafiara says, "Oh, hello again."

Speaking cautiously to Faerinn, Socius says, "They avoided me, and I did not pursue them."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "We found Callid's workshop."

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "For the best."

Socius blinks at Faerinn.

Speaking urgently to Faerinn, Socius asks, "Where?"

Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.

Alisette says, "He is not there."

Socius glances at Alisette.

Speaking to Socius, Leafiara says, "You might need a bit more than a dagger to get back in there now..."

Socius stares at Leafiara.

Leafiara explains, "It kinda caved in."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "In the cemetary. It has caved in since."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "We can show you though."

Speaking offhandedly to Socius, Naamit says, "May I have your dagger a moment? I would like to inspect it."

Socius slowly slips his dagger into his belt pouch.

Shinann says, "Unless you know another way in."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn asks, "Follow us?"

Socius quietly says, "I... do not. I remember very little about the tunnels under the Isle."

Socius joins Faerinn's group.

Faerinn says, "Moving."

Juspera says, "Maybe we could tunnel there from uh. From the safe haven."

[travel]

[Western Harbor, Cemetery]

Dark shadows, created by the cliff above, lay across the tombstones and markers that line the simple, crushed seashell pathway as it winds its way through the cemetery. Pale pink and white blossoms litter the ground, strewn haphazardly by the errant sea breezes which have tugged them free of the dogwoods that punctuate the four corners of the tiny lot. You also see a large crack, a ruined large boulder, a freshly-laid pathway and a scrollwork wrought iron gate.

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "It was through there."

Socius stares at a large crack.

Socius asks, "Was this a product of the seismic activity?"

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "Yes."

Traiva says, "There were tremors.."

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking to Traiva, Socius says, "I felt them in the jungle as well."

Mnar says, "Not natural, perhaps, but yes."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "It has caved in since. I was hoping to get more information from Callid concerning Vlashandra."

Leafiara muses, "So get some earth mages together if you want it reopened or to tunnel in, I suppose..."

Faerinn says, "But all we got was what she had offered him."

Faerinn says, "And his suicide note."

Sreka says, "We didn't find his body."

Socius turns his head slightly, his gaze narrowing.

Sreka says, "Just a journal filled with despair."

Socius asks, "And... where is this Callid now?"

Thrassus says, "I doubt he is dead."

Leafiara ruefully says, "He used his amulet to get away."

Traiva says, "That is a million silver question."

Socius glances at Leafiara.

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "He could have died in there, or he could have used his trinket to leave."

Alisette says, "He made his escape while we were trying to get to him."

Speaking to Leafiara, Socius asks, "He transported off the Isle?"

Leafiara nods at Socius.

Alisette says, "Aye."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "Likely."

Socius growls ferociously!

Speaking abruptly to Socius, Naamit exclaims, "Don't you follow him!"

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "We think he might be in the Landing or there abouts."

Speaking to Socius, Juspera exclaims, "You should follow him!"

Speaking to Socius, Traiva says, "Please stay here on the Isle."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "I don't think you should leave."

Sreka says, "Well, we think that. There was only one way out of the room and we didn't see him leave that way."

Speaking to Socius, Juspera exclaims, "Don't follow him!"

Speaking to Naamit, Socius agrees, "My place is here. If he returns... I shall deal with him then."

Socius turns to face Leafiara.

Speaking silkily to Socius, Naamit says, "I am glad you've come to your senses on the matter."

Speaking simply to Naamit, Socius says, "One should protect what is their own."

Speaking to Socius, Leafiara acknowledges, "I've tried to talk the Landing town council into taking down its bounty on you, but they're not always the most agreeable. I don't know if they've done it."

Socius nods slowly to Leafiara.

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "Also they are missing yet more members."

Speaking to Leafiara, Traiva says, "They need to."

Speaking to Leafiara, Socius says, "In the interest of preventing widespread bloodshed... I shall remain here for now, in that case."

Leafiara assures, "In any case, we'll... somehow find him..."

Landrai softly says, "They are protecting their own it would seem."

Speaking to Socius, Alisette says, "Best to stay here until we know if you need to stay on the lam."

Socius says, "My memories are... slow to return... and not without a great deal of pain... but they do return."

Socius says, "Until I am fully myself, Zofiya has advised that I stay close to home, in any case."

Juspera says, "Okay but."

Juspera says, "You know she's like ten years old."

Socius smirks at Juspera.

Mnar says, "Probably for the best. Some people in the Landing might react poorly to your return."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "That is probably good advice."

Speaking to Juspera, Socius says, "And with enough fire for seventy her age."

Speaking to Leafiara, Juspera says, "She is."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "So they are coming back? I was hoping to aid you in that."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "Maybe something less painful, but if they are coming back.."

Speaking to Akenna, Socius says, "I would... be more than willing to speak with you about that."

Speaking to Socius, Juspera says, "So um.... like... I just want to know, uh, more about how you lost them in the first place."

Socius glances at Juspera.

Speaking quickly to Socius, Juspera says, "It's very academic. You know."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr asks, "We whackin a ten year old?"

Faerinn says, "Maybe a change of scenery then. I'll take us back to Greth's."

Speaking to Juspera, Socius says, "That is part of the tapestry which remains missing, as of yet."

Speaking to Socius, Juspera says, "And, like, how to do that."

Faerinn says, "Unless anyone objects."

Juspera clears her throat.

Juspera says, "Oh."

Speaking to Akenna, Juspera exclaims, "You should help him!"

Socius agrees with Faerinn.

Speaking amusedly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "Not unless Vlashandra's secretly ten, and even then, not until tonight."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "So long as you're open to it.. I think maybe the same magic that binds your memories might be tied to your daggers... as they are tied to you."

Speaking to Akenna, Juspera says, "You should definitely help him."

[travel]

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]

Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar. Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days. A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug. You also see a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks, Greth and a crooked rectangular mirror hung on the wall.

Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.

Naamit says, "I would like to study one of them, Socius."

Socius glances at a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade in his hand.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "Sadly, the last one you gave me disintegrated."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "I would like Naamit to look at it and see if she can see a thread. If so, we might be able to use them in restoration."

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn says, "It did help me recoghize this one though."

Socius nods slowly at Akenna.

Socius turns to face Naamit.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna cautions, "I still need to consult Lady Rohese."

Speaking simply to Naamit, Socius says, "You have stood by my side in the past."

Speaking to herself, Juspera mumbles, "Where is Lady Rohese?"

Speaking to Naamit, Socius continues, "Please... return this if you may."

Socius offers Naamit a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "I see some of your memories return."

Naamit nods approvingly at Socius.

Naamit accepts Socius's eonake dagger.

Speaking heartily to Socius, Chamorr says, "Ya know trouble, you should at least be buyin drinks."

Socius raises an eyebrow in Chamorr's direction.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit promises, "I shall, when my investigation is complete."

Speaking to Chamorr, Socius says, "And take money from Greth's pockets? I think not."

Speaking sincerely to Socius, Akenna says, "Thank you for trusting us."

Greth snorts loudly.

Socius nods slowly at Akenna.

Naamit carefully inspects her eonake dagger.

Speaking to Akenna, Socius says, "Please... let me know what you find."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "I am glad to see you back here again."

Socius exhales slowly.

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Figures, brokearse touble maker."

Socius says, "I would ask... if any catch sight of Callid... please let me know. He has much to answer for."

Speaking to Traiva, Akenna says, "No, he clearly wants a bath."

Speaking to Akenna, Naamit says, "I will sing to this later and let you all know what I find."

Speaking to Socius, Leafiara affirms, "Will do so."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "We will let you know."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "I'm still planning to look for him in the Landing. I have some questions for him too."

Speaking to Socius, Thrassus says, "Yes, I have quite a few questions for him myself."

Socius says, "For now... I have business to attend to. I bid you all good hunting."

Speaking to Socius, Leafiara admits, "I've barely known ya, but I kinda like you. You always look all sneaky and ready to kill things."

Speaking to Socius, Leafiara wishes, "Be well."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "Let Vengeance sort him out."

Socius smirks at Leafiara.

Speaking amusedly to Leafiara, Talinvor says, "Someone already has dibs."

Speaking to Leafiara, Juspera says, "He's a very good man."

Speaking to Socius, Traiva says, "Keep yourself safe."

Socius nods his head, then slips through a small door behind the bar.


Discussion Afterward

Speaking amusedly to Talinvor, Leafiara says, "Oh, don't worry, I'm not interested in men that way."

Speaking to Naamit, Akenna asks, "Let me know what you find?"

Naamit says, "I will."

Speaking to Naamit, Akenna says, "If there is a thread of magic, we have a chance."

Naamit says, "For now, I need to go."

Faerinn says, "I will be making a stop by the portal."

Juspera says, "Well."

Alisette says, "As will I."

Juspera says, "Yeah let's go see the portal."

Mnar asks, "What portal?"

Alisette exclaims, "We can all go!"

Akenna says, "I should go as well, I'm late for an engagment."

Chamorr heartily says, "Figures."

Shinann says, "The portal."

Speaking to Mnar, Juspera says, "There's a gross portal at Lake Eonak."

Mnar says, "Oh, that portal."

Rolfard raspily asks, "No portals up here?"

Traiva says, "I will pass on that trip."

Speaking to Rolfard, Raelee says, "Many."

Leafiara states, "Will see some of you there at the portal. And be well, to those not coming."

Mnar says, "Sorry, there are so many sometimes."

[travel]

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak]

You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees, a cedar chip path and a black-flecked incarnadine portal.

Thrassus says, "It seems stable as before."

Leafiara says, "Well... I guess it was a bit much to think something might change immediately, but..."

Thrassus says, "No despairing wretch of a gnome that I can see, though."

Faerinn says, "No, he probably won't show up again until tonight if at all."

Juspera mutters, "Where is Akenna."

Speaking to Juspera, Leafiara says, "Over in Ta'Illistim, it would seem..."

Shinann says, "Well, hopefully we get some answers tonight."

Leafiara says, "Answers and death, two guarantees of tonight."

Faerinn says, "Even though it apparently wasn't necessary in that instance thank you for you help."

Faerinn nods at Raelee.

Thrassus says, "Well, I have matters to attend to. Be well, all."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "Well the jar anyway. The fire and the mowing down enemies was a huge help."

Juspera abruptly says, "Okay bye."

Speaking to Raelee, Alisette says, "Thank you magister."

Faerinn says, "I'm both sorry and relieved none of your colleagues were in there."

Speaking to Leafiara, Alisette says, "I will bring more chrisms tonight."

Speaking to Faerinn, Raelee says, "I did not expect them to be."

Alisette says, "As backup."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "Me neither."

Shinann says, "Well, excuse me. It is going to be a busy day."

Chamorr heartily says, "Seeya later."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "I think they are still in the Outpost, but the figures made me wonder at a distance."

Speaking to Leafiara, Alisette asks, "Anything else I can do for you, Mayor?"

Leafiara says, "It definitely is."

Guarrin says, "Some information would have been helpful."

Speaking to Alisette, Leafiara muses, "Nothing in particular, just... be ready for anything tonight."

Alisette says, "I will be."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "As the man who made her face, I was hoping Callid who tell me about the old one."

Leafiara says, "We always say that, and then something throws us off anyway, but..."

Alisette exclaims, "Little but a rock!"

Faerinn says, "Well I should get my spells replenished before tonight."

Leafiara says, "Well, I suppose I should be off."

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin says, "Aye, anything would have been useful."

Speaking to Faerinn, Leafiara exclaims, "Excellent work out there!"

Guarrin says, "Aye, I'm heading south for a time."

Speaking to Guarrin, Leafiara says, "And I trust the Gryphons will be ready tonight..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "Thanks, but would have loved more info."

Speaking to Leafiara, Guarrin says, "I've kept the Order notified of the situation."

Faerinn says, "Alright, I'm heading to the Wayside Inn if anyone wants a ride."

Leafiara wishes, "Be well, all. I'll see you tonight if not sooner."