DAYDREAM (verb)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

DAYDREAM is a roleplaying verb.

Usage

Daydream help:

Usage:  DAYDREAM {target} [EVIL|GOOD]

-Premium Bonus- Type DAYDREAM by itself when you wish to be AFK.
This will indicate to those who LOOK at you that you are AFK.

Alternatively, Premium members who are citizens of a town can type DAYDREAM CITIZEN when you wish to be AFK and show some home town pride!

Daydream: (premium bonus LOOK)

You notice a glassy look in Person's eyes, and realize that she is in a daydream -- she probably isn't even aware you're here.

Messaging

>daydream
1st: You lose yourself completely in a daydream...
3rd: <Person>'s eyes take on a glassy look as she appears to fall into a vivid daydream.

>daydream <target>
1st: You stare at <target>, not really thinking about anything at all.
2nd: <Person> stares at you with an unreadable look of utter blankness.
3rd: <Person> stares at <target> with an unreadable look of utter blankness.

>daydream <target> good
1st: You daydream about running off with <target> and keeping him all to yourself.
2nd: <Person> gives you a dreamy look.
3rd: <Person> gives <target> a dreamy look.

>daydream <target> evil
1st: You daydream about throttling the life out of <target>.
2nd: <Person> gives you a disturbingly dreamy look.
3rd: <Person> gives <target> a disturbingly dreamy look.

>daydream <self>
1st: You daydream about being anywhere but here.
3rd: <Person> suddenly looks like she wishes she were somewhere else.

>daydream <self> good
1st: You imagine a happy place, filled with creme tarts and bunnies, and yourself, as their supreme ruler!  Bow before your master, bunnies, bow!  Mwahahahaha!
3rd: <Person>'s face ripples with a disgustingly sweet smile. 

>daydream <self> evil
1st: You daydream about being the supreme ruler of Elanthia... Cackling from atop your throne of skulls, thousands of peasants paying you homage!  All the little fools shall bow down before you!  Mwahahahaha!
3rd: <Person> twitches and cackles with glee as she glances around.

Daydream citizen:

>daydream citizen
1st (Wehnimer's Landing): You let your mind wander to comforting thoughts of home.   The rambling lectures of the Raging Warrior Thrak mingle in memory with the harsh sounds and heady smells of Helga’s Tavern.  The brief images of laughing children running under a large oak, and merchant ships sailing across a sparkling bay fill your mind.
3rd (Wehnimer's Landing): <Person> appears half asleep, staring at nothing in particular.  Her thoughts clearly elsewhere, her reverie is occasionally punctuated by a soft sigh.

>daydream citizen
1st (Mist Harbor): Feeling relaxed, you close your eyes and stretch.  Suddenly, you are struck with a vision of an island in the morning, when the sun is just cresting the harbor, breaking through the mist.  You almost gasp at its beauty, and suddenly feel a pang of homesickness.  Old memories float through your mind.  The sound of waves crashing on a beach, skipping stones at the jetty, fishing with friends, and a meal at your favorite seaside eatery.  You have an insatiable urge to go visit as you imagine spending some time in the sun with your toes in the sand.
3rd (Mist Harbor): <Person> closes her eyes and stretches.  Suddenly, she stifles a gasp before stilling into a quiet reverie.  She seems to drift through waves of memories, a slight smile on her face.

>daydream citizen
1st (Solhaven):Your mind begins to drift aimlessly, but then is grounded by a thought of home.  With a smile you close your eyes, overcome with the nostalgia of the tastes of cracked crab and freshly baked muffins, the smell of a salty sea breeze, the smiles of loved ones and an odd "pad-pad-pad-thump" sound.  As your imaginings drift contentedly, you sway gently as if being rocked on a boat.
3rd (Solhaven):<Person's> expression melts to a lost-in-thought blankness.  As she closes her eyes, a wide smile spreads over her face and she gently sways back and forth, seemingly held deep in pleasant thoughts.

>daydream citizen
1st (Icemule Trace):You draw your arms in close and picture the pristine frozen plains of Icemule Trace laid out before you.  You envision the majesty of the snowy cockatrice and hear the haunting call of the polar bear.  Those thoughts spark your appetite as you are engulfed in your reverie.  What you wouldn't give for a winterberry tart right about now, with a dash of powdered sugar, and some tea.  Your mind continues to drift as you daydream of the sweets you'll have and the foes you’ll vanquish when you return home.
3rd (Icemule Trace):draws her arms in close and her eyes glaze over as she appears to get lost in a chilly daydream.  Head slightly tilted, she chews on her lip distractedly, casually wiping away a trickle of drool before returning to stillness.

>daydream citizen
1st (Ta'Vaalor):Closing your eyes you can almost hear the sounds of home - the jingling eahnor-and-gilt armor of passing soldiers inspiring you to stand a bit straighter, the rhythm of their feet marching in crisp unison.  Your mind wanders to the sweet taste of the heather mead at Helgreth's, and the spicy scent of marinated rolton that wafts from the Legendary Rest in the evenings.  You breathe a sigh of relief at the knowledge that however far you roam, Ta'Vaalor will always be there waiting for you when you return.
3rd (Ta'Vaalor):<Person> closes her eyes for a moment, posture a little straighter.  The ghost of a smile plays over her lips, and she breathes a deeply contented sigh.

>daydream citizen
1st (River's Rest):You close your eyes, dreaming of Winterberry Ale and yearn for a long pull along the shores of Maelstrom Bay.  You vainly attempt to block out thoughts of the swill you have had in other towns.  Unbidden, the delightful image of an aardvark punctuates your thoughts of home.
3rd (River's Rest):<Person> sighs blissfully as he closes his eyes and mumbles something barely audible about Winterberry Ale.  His brow furrows as he grumbles about the swill other places have to drink before laughing softly to himself and lapsing into silence.