GIFTBOX (verb)/saved posts
20th Anniversary Giftbox
In 2010, GemStone IV is celebrating the 20th anniversary of our official launch.
As a special thank you to both returning and long-time players, we will be amping up our treasure feeder distribution to "Frenzy" level over the next couple of weeks. Over 2,000 unique treasure items are queued up and ready to be released in treasure chests around Elanthia! The more you slay, the better your chances of finding these goodies. (Note: feeder distribution is being altered in prime only at this time. Platinum will have a separate event over the summer.)
Additionally, for a limited time, we are bringing back the GIFTBOX command with new gifts. Why? Because we like you! (And in special thanks for everyone's patience during the recent relocation of our data center and the subsequent *fun pauses*.) Giftboxes will be available in both prime and platinum.
The GIFTBOX command may only be used once per account (NOT once per character), and the gifts within will be attuned to the account. One item in the box is linked to your character's profession AND attuned to the character, so choose wisely!
We hope you enjoy these gifts! (Have you hugged a QCer today?)
20th Anniversary of Move to the Web
The new GIFTBOX item is now released in all instances!
They contain the following items:
- a small sentient spider: This is the spider that lived inside the glaes spider charms. The GIFTBOX is a ruined version of the glaes spider charm, which you break open.
- a shimmering violet orb: This is a large RPA award.
- a hazy white note: This is a 1 pound lightener.
- a meteor-etched gold ring: This is a gold ring guaranteed for 30 days.
- a golden feather charm: This is an encumbrance reducing feather for 300 seconds and has 3 uses.
The spider has all the same verbs as the glaes spider charms. It will have even MORE features unlocked in the coming day(s)!
Everything in the GIFTBOX is account attuned to you, except the gold ring and feather charm.
Those of you who still own a glaes spider charm can COVER them for a new verb (just a minor addition).
You can claim a GIFTBOX until August 31st.