Keeping Up with the Kestrels - 5117-12-16 - Earth Mage Dennet's Last Ditch

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Eorgaen 16-17, 5117

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Portals open all throughout and outside of the Landing, besieging the town with--among other things--steam elementals, water elementals, fire elementals, lightning elementals, frost arachnids, hawk-owls, frost golems, steel golems, blue crystal golems, vapor hounds, constructs, and fire beings. Octaven's attack intensifies with patches of darkness around town and a slowing effect that makes movement difficult. Battle continues throughout the entire night to close the portals.
  • Octaven's forces make their way to the outpost as icy fog rolls in, discharging lightning. Initial lightning strikes are deflected by Dennet's wards, but eventually the lightning begins piercing the shields--with a bolt hitting Sir Thadston, whose skin melts away to reveal a now-defunct black mein golem. Seeing this, many Hendorans march back, angry at Dennet.
  • Rodnay tells the Hall of Mages to leave (unclear whether this is to Octaven, Dennet, or both) and telekinetically destroys many of Octaven's golems from a visible position floating midair. However, in the ongoing fray and with amunet communication temporarily disabled, a dissenting Landing militiaman fires on Rodnay, nicking him in the side; he falls and disappears.
  • Dennet takes to the sky and harnesses the power of the Talon of Toullaire to destroy many of Octaven's forces throughout the Dragonsclaw forest and create a wall barricading off enemies entering from the North Dock, then descends out of sight. As Octaven's forces slow--but do not stop--several defenders branch out to search for Rodnay.
  • Shortly afterward, a stone hand seizes Shinann and takes her underground. Dennet says she'll be the new host for Reannah and that they'll leave after he's done. Much later in the evening he reveals more of his final plan, saying that his and Reannah's memories of their children, of Quinshon, and of the Landing will be erased and they'll have a second chance at a fresh romance.
  • Rodnay, though still in an unknown location, is alright and says the plinite pylons--previously established beneath the Reach in the Plinite Hollows created by Dennet--need to be destroyed. While opening a pathway to them, he provides an orb to look in on Dennet, Reannah, Shinann, Ysharra, and others, but most of the Landing defenders who got there are immobilized.
  • Rodnay finishes opening up the path to the Plinite Hollows, so Dennet seals off the outpost sanctuary with Landing townspeople and Sir Bristenn buried inside, raising questions about whether they can simultaneously protect the town from its ongoing invasion, dig out the townspeople, and destroy the pylons. The Landing has no doubt it can.
  • Rodnay warns that Naimorai is in the shadows to attack the groups destroying the pylons, but before anything comes of it the groups begin to get transported through time--to Maelshyve Keep during the Undead War somewhen prior to at latest the year -15,185, when elves and giantkin aim to destroy Despana. Adventurers defend against undead until the temporal hole eventually returns them to the Plinite Hollows.
  • Naimorai's presence is felt, then attacks from the shadows begin severing Landing defenders' legs; they continue destroying pylons regardless and briefly see Naimorai in the shadows. Next the group is transported through another temporal hole to Toullaire somewhen prior to at latest year 4565 when it would become the Wizardwaste. While staving off soldiers and mages, Naimorai's attacks continue as she's in Toullaire with the adventurers. However... after the hole in time returns the group back, Naimorai is not with them and a brief glimpse of the past reveals her stuck in Toullaire centuries ago.
  • The group continues destroying pylons, along with another trip back in time to Kezmon Isle somewhen prior to at latest year 4873 when it disappeared in a storm. Meanwhile, at the outpost, the sanctuary is dug out and the townspeople safely escape. As the final pylon is destroyed shortly afterward, quakes rock the Plinite Hollows and the Landing above.
  • Adventurers move on to pursue Dennet and Quinshon--and Rodnay aids by opening the way to their chamber, but seemingly too late as Quinshon gains control over Dennet and ethereal motes melt into Shinann's body, the ritual to transfer Reannah seemingly complete. Before Dennet can give up the Talon, Rodnay intervenes and seems to magically attack Quinshon, as the Black Shaman's mouth is revealed to be filled with shadowy ribbons and teeth before he screams, grabs at his face, and disappears back into shadow.
  • Shinann is confused and seemingly thinks she's Reannah, but also shows signs of not even being sure of that; however, it's at least clear that she doesn't know she's Shinann. Reannah's own body is dead.
  • Dennet, realizing he's failed, surrenders the Talon to Octaven through a portal and says that it's better with her than Quinshon. The cavern around them begins to collapse, water rushing in through cracks, and Dennet tells the gathered adventurers to leave or die, seemingly intending to remain there and die with his wife. Many adventurers refuse to leave for various reasons, staying to see his end, even as rockfall hits them, until at last a jagged rock falls from the ceiling, impaling Dennet and Reannah.
  • A shouting voice from outside claims to have found Andrew, but Stephos over the amunet announces that he's coming to the Mayor's office, where he reveals that Andrew has met his end and that he has some remnants from Naimorai's mostly-burned diary. He reads them aloud and reveals the following:
  • Dennet had taken Lana and tested plinite in her blood, hiding his identity at Naimorai's suggestion by wearing a bone mask.
  • Naimorai had acquired a poison to bring Reannah "a quick and painless end," loving her but not believing Dennet would be successful in healing her.
  • Naimorai had found allies or even friends around the Landing who swore to keep her true powers a secret to others. She implies they are new teachers for her who will help her master the art that accidentally killed Johnathan in the past.
  • Naimorai unintentionally killed Michol, meaning to frighten him, but admits it felt good to watch him twist inside out. Her allies helped her cover up Michol's death and frame Hapenlok by providing the components for a voodoo doll; Quinshon implanted false memories; Dennet hid his body in the earth.
  • Naimorai had developed her talents under Quinshon, learned she was truly his daughter, and welcomed it.
  • Dennet, Quinshon, Naimorai, and her allies had planned to abduct Osment and give him new memories, with Quinshon allowing Naimorai to help to further her studies.
  • Naimorai had known that people would suspect Thadston to be a golem, but Dennet insisted on him to keep the soldiers in line and go after the Rooks.
  • Dennet and Quinshon had known that merging the plinite with the pylons would give Reannah enough temporary relief to transfer her into a living body, using Shinann as the host after Leafiara and Sareyna had been ruled out.
  • Naimorai had lost trust in Irar and wrote that she shouldn't have confessed anything to him; she meant to either get the poison back or end him.
  • Naimorai had been unmoved by Cyph's death, as Quinshon said it was a lesson in perfecting the ritual; the new plan was to give the transferred Reannah and Dennet new memories and erase her (Naimorai) and Cyph, which Naimorai felt was liberating to her.
  • Naimorai had bent the shadows to her form and "tore the Deacon open" at Koar's altar in the outpost, and mused that she could poison someone as effortlessly.
  • Quinshon and Naimorai had made arrangements to depart with the Talon to the Sea of Fire after the ritual with Reannah and Shinann, taking on new names. Naimorai's would be... Rachel. In other words: the Naimorai lost in time centuries ago will become Raznel.
  • Stephos gives the remnants of Naimorai's diary to Mayor Cruxophim, who says he'll make them public knowledge.



Log

(Note: Like with Cyph's death scene, toward the end of this I let every player character have the floor and leave things basically unedited other than ambients.)


Attack on the Landing

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Wayside inn.

The cold chill of a long winter night settles over the area.

A cold wind stirs in from Darkstone Bay.

Suddenly a flock of birds explode from some treetops of the forest and take to the sky.

Amidst the falling snow, a sleek white falcon can be seen soaring across the night sky.

Along the horizon of Darkstone Bay, the night seems to slowly expand, like an encroaching wall of darkness.

Emerging on the ramparts of the Hendoran Outpost, dozens and dozens of Hendoran soldiers and black mein golems stand watch. Among them, Sir Thadston coldly watches the surroundings.

Along the edge of Darkstone Bay, a rolling wall of smoke and icy fog appears, slowly churning towards Wehnimer's Landing.

As the rolling wall of fog churns closer to town, large shifting forms can be seen gliding along the surface of the waters, obscured within the haze.

Within the icy fog, bolts of lightning begin to flash about.

The fog begins to expand and grow, stretching towards Darkstone Bay outside of town, and also moving towards the Sea Gate and North Dock of town.

The air around Wehnimer's Landing begins to crackle.

Like gaping wounds, the sky above Wehnimer's Landing begins to tear open, one fissure at a tie, as churning silvery-white portals come into view, one by one popping up overhead.

[portals begin appearing in town, but nothing comes through... yet]

A blue-white light flashes near the North Dock and someone shouts, "Pylon ready!"

A blue-white light flashes near the Dinghy and someone shouts, "Pylon ready!"

A churning silvery-white portal appears.

>look port

The portal is a few feet off the ground and the air is churning rapidly while glowing a bright silvery-white hue. From within the portal, the flickering energy of elementals can be seen.

[people muse about if there's any way to close the portal aside from using the pylons (since outside North Gate wasn't an area that had a pylon)]

A flash of blue-white light appears and someone shouts, "Pylon at Outpost activated!"

A flash of blue-white light appears and someone shouts, "Pylon at Outpost Rooftop also activated!"

[lightning gradually begins discharging from the portal outside the North Gate, followed by a series of lightning elementals who almost completely wipe out the defenders there; things get a bit muddled as most scatter to or are taken to triage]

Some blue crystal golems and fire cats come into view along the South Ring Road of town, and townspeople scream and run into hiding! Some young-looking militia members rush out to fight them!

The snow-covered treetops of the forest begin to sway.

The snow caps along the forest trees...stand up...on long bent legs. The huge forms of frost arachnids slowly move along the treetops, approaching town.

[now back at North Gate, and presumably at West Gate, combat ensues with frost arachnids]

Emerging out of the snow-filled sky descends a host of huge black-eyed hawk-owls!

[combat ensues at North Gate with hawk-owls, but the defenses hold steady; meanwhile, things go wrong at the nearby dinghy with lightning elementals and another near-total wipeout, so Leafi goes to check that out (and herself gets obliterated, making a note that next time our pre-invasion preparations really need to include a mention to avoid wearing metal armor when we expect lightning enemies)]

The air begins to hum with a faint energy.

The air begins to hum with a faint energy.

The air begins to hum, and suddenly, townspeople and adventurers moving through pockets of the street begin to slow down....

Pockets of air around town and its environs seem to slow down, even the falling snow drifting at a slower pace.

[Movement is now hindered in town with occasional bursts of three seconds of RT while walking about; the situation gradually worsens to its lowest point of the night in terms of triage being piled with dead bodies as vapor hounds wander town (and possibly constructs, but those might have been later) while the gates continue to be attacked by water elementals, fire elementals, earth elementals, hawk-owls, and arachnids. Eventually things begin to calm down...]

Like the snuffing of candles, blots of darkness appear around Wehnimer's Landing and its environs.

[frost golems and steel golems enter the fray; battle continues]


Attack on the Outpost

Clouds and fog begin to slowly drift closer to the Hendoran Outpost.

Huge frost arachnids make their way towards the Outpost.

[battle continues; at least openly nobody goes to defend the Outpost, prioritizing the Landing and/or thinking the Outpost has enough defenses on its own]

Icy fog begins to roll in towards the Hendoran Outpost, flashing of lightning arcing and dancing about within.

Bolts of lightning begin to arc out of the icy fog and strike at the Hendoran Outpost! Each bolt is met with a flash of silver light and the bolt dissipates harmlessly!

Bolts of lightning begin to arc out of the icy fog and strike at the Hendoran Outpost! Each bolt is met with a flash of silver light and the bolt dissipates harmlessly!

A brilliant bolt of red lightning streaks through the night sky and pierces the shields of the Outpost and strikes a tower, blasting stone and rock away!

A second bolt of red lightning arcs out of the sky and descends on the Hendoran Outpost! This time, it bends and twists as if guided, and strikes Sir Thadston who stands upon the ramparts with his warhorn. The bolt of lightning sends the man slamming up against the tower wall and sears his skin! Patches of flesh fall away from his face and neck, revealing a layer of black mein beneath. Sir Thadston, the golem, slumps to the ground as Hendorans all around the courtyard suddenly stop, eyes wide in surprise.

A second bolt of red lightning arcs out of the sky and descends on the Hendoran Outpost! This time, it bends and twists as if guided, and strikes Sir Thadston who stands upon the ramparts with his warhorn. The bolt of lightning sends the man slamming up against the tower wall and sears his skin! Patches of flesh fall away from his face and neck, revealing a layer of black mein beneath. Sir Thadston, the golem, slumps to the ground as Hendorans all around the courtyard suddenly stop, eyes wide in surprise.

Suddenly, Hendoran soldiers begin to pull back, marching towards the Outpost as they fight their way back. Many of them begin to shout, "DENNET!"


Rodnay and the Dissenters

A voice in your mind says, "Leave Wehnimer's Landing now."

A voice in your mind says, "Leave Wehnimer's Landing now. Your Hall is not welcome here."

A voice in your mind says, "You are not welcome here."

Suddenly, some grey steel golems begin to lift up into the air, heavy arms and legs dangling. Slowly, they begin to be crushed by an invisible force, bending inward. One by one, the lumps of steel are tossed towards other golems and creatures on the ground.

Lifting up and into view, a young blue-skinned boy floats up into the air, garbed in a simple robe. His pupil-less green eyes flash with an bright energy.

As the air pulses, Rodnay seems to falter, almost falling a few feet before he regains his position in the air.

From a nearby tower in town, a Wehnimer's Landing Militiaman takes aim with his bow and fires! The arrow spins through the air and nicks Rodnay in the side. The boy lets out a whimper and falls out of the sky, disappearing in the distance.

Another militiaman shouts from another tower, "Take the damn blue boy if you can find him! Stop attacking our town and families!"


Dennet and the Talon's Power

Floating up into view, a blue-robed mage appears above the Hendoran Outpost, silver sigils floating all around him. In his hands, he holds a glowing amethyst rock that cast a lavender haze all over him.

Dennet ascends higher into the sky, amethst energy trailing all around his slender frame. He gestures, and the ground begins to tremble.

The water beyond the North Dock begins to ripple.

Jagged earthen rocks begin to rise up and out of the waters near the North Dock, lifting up like a huge wall of stone as it arcs up towards the sky. As the wall stretches high, the wave of elementals and hounds cease at the North Dock.

Dennet raises his arms and the earth roars again, as the ground along the forest begins to crack and break.

Dennet raises his arms and huge rock boulders are torn from the ground, one by one, lifting up like a field of stones. The amethst rock in his hand glows bright and Dennet lowers his hand, and one by one the boulders are launched into the forest, smashing golems, elementals and fire creatures.

Dennet descends out of sight, the amethyst glow disappearing behind the Hendoran Outpost.

[the number of incoming enemies begins to slow and Stormyrain issues a search for Rodnay]


Dennet's Latest Transparency

Suddenly, the ground begins to tremble and quake violently! The earth outside of town rips open and a huge stone hand curls up and grabs Shinann! The stone hand and Shinann disappear beneath the ground and the earth snaps shut with a loud tremor.

[eyes are raised over what just happened, then eventually silence is broken... (quick note, from here out the order of thoughts is correct and the order of monsterbold stuff is correct, but I'm not 100% sure whether they're correctly ordered _together_ since I had to flip between Stormfront logs for monsterbold and Lich logs for thoughts]

Dennet: "I shall return your Captain shortly, it is in your best interest to defend your town."

Puptilian: "Kind of hard to do minus a captain."

You: "I hope you can explain why to Stormy."

Stormyrain: "--Thank you for admitting to kidnapping her."

Kayse: "She is an important aspect to the defense of this town. What is so important that you need her this moment?"

Stormyrain: "We now have several hundred witnesses to it. That will come in handy."

Tsalinx: "Dennet she is not yours to take at will."

Beldannon: "Did he kidnap her or transport her somewhere to help her."

Hapenlok: "...oh, this is wonderful."

Cryheart: "She fell under ground..which is a clue that Dennet has her."

Stormyrain: "She was taken against her will. I was standing with her. She was not in distress."

Kayse: "Aye, I was there as well."

Dennet: "Well, she's going to be the new host for my wife. Once we're finished, we'll depart from your frontier town, and I am sure the trouble I've brought will follow."

Xorus: "Fascinating."

Elementz: "Dennet you're going to die."

Kayse: "HOST?"

Cryheart: "A challenge to ye Dennet."

Lornieh: "Yeah, I don't think so."

Stormyrain: "..I'm sorry. I'm quite certain I did not hear that correctly."

You: "Now really isn't the time for jokes."

Stormyrain: "Did you just say you are going to try to put your wife into Shinann's body? Because, if you did, I'm quite sure you have no idea who you are dealing with."

Meureii: "Your wife is dead. Some things you have to accept."

Meureii: "Master can help you."

Elementz: "You saw what happened when you tried to transfer hosts with Cyph, you honestly think it's going to work you fool?"

Dennet: "Please, we must concentrate now. Go defend your town."

Dergoatean: "Dennet, you will be broken soon. And we will extract justice."

Lornieh: "Argh... the transfer on Cyph didn't work!"

Pukk: "I knew all you Imps are dog swines, but you take the cake."

Elementz: "Dennet your arrogance blinds you. Your wife is going to die. Just like you are."

Kayse: "Defending the town is worthless. I want my best friend back...NOW, Dennet. You've taken enough from this town. It's time for you to leave."

Tsalinx: "It appears Dennet is who we thought he was; no friend of ours."

Hapenlok: "Kestrel....you just signed the death warrant for yourself and possibly what remains of your family."

Kiske: "Dennet, you complete slime. Do NOT force Shinann into this."

[amidst the chatter, the search for Rodnay continues]

Shinann just bit the dust! [...somewhere around here]

Cryheart: "Shinann..noooo."

You: "She just died, Dennet. You know that a transference into a corpse won't work."

Dennet: "Ah Ysharra, ever the would be hero. Except, not this time."


Demolishing Pylons and the Past

A voice in your mind says, "I...I am trying to see them..."

A voice in your mind says, "We....we need to destroy the plinite pylons..."

[Leafi joins up with Stormy, Kayse, and Cay (Chaoswynd) and they talk themselves into going up the Reach, but Rodnay has a different idea...]

A voice in your mind says, "Wait.

A voice in your mind says, "Go to the Lake."

[various groups travel to Lake Eonak]

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak] You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees and a cedar chip path.

The dirt begins to shift, pebble by pebble.

The dirt begins to shift, pebble by pebble.

The dirt begins to shift, pebble by pebble.

A voice in your mind says, "Here...I have provided eyes..."

A blue orb floats in near Stormyrain.

J>peer orb

Gazing into the orb, you see...

[Hendoran Outpost, Rune Chamber]

Seamless black stone walls create the feeling of a moonless night as part of this wide chamber. Candles are placed on jagged rock shelves that jut out from the walls, creating the illusion of flickering stars. A variety of summoning and rune circles decorate the earthen floor, some drawn in faded chalk, others in fresh blood. A huge black rune-etched onyx table dominates a far wall, where a small powerful vortex churns, safely contained within the wards. You also see an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, a faint silver portal along a rock wall and a huge black stone dais.

Also here: Ysharra who is immobilized, Xorus, Magister Raelee who is immobilized, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Mayor Cruxophim who is immobilized, Goblyn who is sitting, Grand Magister Dennet, Shinann who is immobilized, Lady Reannah who is sleeping

[like when watching at the arena, we can now see what's going on without being there; and yes, Shinann is alive again after having died]

Shinann says, "Do not do this."

Goblyn whispers something to Madmountan.

From the shadows, Quinshon squints, and Ysharra is immobilized.

Slowly, a crack begins to form in the ground. [outside, not where Dennet is]

Cruxophim weakly bites out, "...nn..."

A large hole appears in the ground.

[everyone enters]

[Plinite Hollows, Core]

The cavern is wide and spherical, with large tunnels branching off in multiple directions. Dim lavender light glows faintly from each passageway, and the indistinct crackling of energy can be heard in the distance.

[groups split up to destroy the plinite-powered pylons]

Puptilian: "Pylons in each area....destroy them all."

Dergoatean: "Northeast from the hole! Then down!"

Puptilian: "I went South east from the entry of the hole."

Dergoatean: "I'm at a plinite pylon! Join me!"

Stormyrain: "There are more than one in here."

Cryheart: "Hole by Lake Eonak."

Cryheart: "Come bash the pylons."

[Plinite Hollows, Pylon]

The earthen walls are smooth and the stone ground covered in an elaborate series of archaic runes, twisting along the cavern like grooves in the floor. The area glows with a faint bluish-white light and the air is alive with crackling energy. You also see a brilliant cerulean blue pylon.

[everyone begins bashing away]

The ground begins to shake violently.

Dergoatean: "Go through it! Head in... maybe any direction!"

Meureii: "You."

Dennet: "You seek to destroy the pylons? While your town is under attack?"

You: "We'll manage. We always do."

Dergoatean: "There are plenty of us to stop you."

Meureii: "They're trying to destroy You."

You: "What you should be worrying about is your own folly."

Tsalinx: "Dennet we no longer need your toys - we know the true enemy now. Beware."

You: "After all this time doing so well to conspire and conceal everything..."

Hapenlok: "Kestrel, you messed with the wrong people."

Puptilian: "I dont think the threat is from who you say it is Dennet. I believe the attack is from you to keep us distracted while you kill Shinann."

Rekarth: "Of course they do. You've been acquainted with them for longer than a week. Why are you surprised?"

You: "You would have been wiser to keep your secrecy."

Dennet: "That is a shame..."

Kayse: "Where is she Dennet? I'm done playing games."

Dergoatean: "Shinann! Crux! Everyone! We're coming for you! We're taking out his power source!"

Dennet: "I've buried your townspeople and Bristenn alive in the sanctuary they were hiding in."

Dennet: "You can keep destroying the pylons, or go dig out your people."

Maylan: "WHAT?"

Hapenlok: "...I swear, by all that's holy. ...your entire line ends with you."

Stormyrain: "We need a group to the outpost to start digging. Who is left in town who can break away?"

Tsalinx: "We will do both; you underestimate us."

Arnylon: "Bristenn is fine."

Maylan: "I'm going to kill you, you blithering privy mouthed moron!"

Mohrgan: "Sir Bristenn would be the first to tell us to keep working on the pylons."

Dirra: "Well as if anything else you have done hasn't made me an enemy, action against Sir Mires cements that deal."

Dalabrac: "It's over Dennet."

Beldannon: "Someone get Rysus to have his Rooks take care of the town."

Dalabrac: "We are coming for you."

Bristenn: "..this is all rather untoward."

Chamorr: "Leave the Crux take the Shinnan."

Elementz: "We've found the pylons Dennet, your wife's time is over."

Dergoatean: "Cryheart, is your larger group making any progress?"

Pukk: "I want the honor of slitting your throat Dennet."

Elementz: "You will soon follow her."

Evia: "Sorry to inform you Dennet, Sir Bristenn has established Bristenville in your lair."

Rekarth: "I suspect that you may be severely overestimating the degree to which they value the specific lives of people they don't really know and also Bristenn."

Dergoatean: "Three of us are bashing and casting at the northwest pylon."

Bristenn: "The Black Diabolist is quite correct."

Stormyrain: "Is there a group heading to the outpost?"

Stormyrain: "We need to dig those people out. Bristenn included."

Lylia: "Maylan and I are here in the cellar, digging. Thanal has joined us."

Maylan: "Join me and DIG!"

Stormyrain: "Thank you, Lylia."

Dergoatean: "Thank you for digging!"

Chamorr: "Leave the Crux take the Shinnan."

Maylan: "Come help us dammit these people don't have long!"

Cryheart: "Oh..why did you ask where I was <g>"

You: "We take everyone."

Maylan: "Rodnay get over here and help us!"

[bashing continues]

The cerulean blue pylon shatters completely, its inner flame dying out as it collapses into nothing!

Lornieh: "One pylon destroyed."

Stormyrain: "One pylon, destroyed. We're coming for you, Dennet."

Dergoatean: "In which direction, Lornieh? We are working at the northwest one."

Newsby: "Really big Ground Quaking here at Helgas."

Dirra: "Ground shaking at Voln."

Lornieh: "East one I think?"

Maylan: "Rodnay make your damn holes and cracks over here! Help us!"

Kayse: "He is probably drained from this."

Arnylon: "Another down."

Dennet: "Are you really going to keep destroying pylons over saving your buried townspeople?"

Puptilian: "Both."

Stormyrain: "We are not. We are accomplishing both. You underestimate us."

Arnylon: "Are you going to release Shinann and the others?"

Mohrgan: "Pylon destroyed."

Beldannon: "Shh dennet we want you to shhh."

Kiske: "We're excellent multi-taskers Dennet....are you really going to force your wife and Shinann into something they don't want?"

Kayse: "This is your last chance to let her go, Dennet."

Ulkov: "You got 'em Maylan. Some of us still protecting the rest of the townsfolk still in town. Dig on!"

Bristenn: "You do realize that should you unblock the path, Magister Kestrel could merely block it again."

Bristenn: "Earth is his speciality."

Hapenlok: "How long can you all hold out down there, sir Mires?"

Lylia: "Yes, and air is yours, as in, without it you would die."

[multiple groups continue bashing at the pylons]

A voice in your mind says, "Dennet has sent Naimorai, she dwells in the shadows, beware."

The plinite caverns begin to shake violently and the air starts to shimmer.

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[Valley]

The roar of battle echoes across the low valley which is bordered on all sides by walls of thick trees, each oak sentinel standing before the dark depths beyond. In the distance, the black ramparts of Maelshyve Keep stretch up to the stormy sky, as legions of elves and giants clash with undead along the vale in a sea of blood and carnage.

In the distance, armies of elves and giants clash with hordes of Undead.

A voice shouts from the field, "Destroy Despana!"

[battle ensues with the undead, with Landing defenders unable to escape the past but only fight off foes, until...]

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[Plinite Hollows, Core]

The cavern is wide and spherical, with large tunnels branching off in multiple directions. Dim lavender light glows faintly from each passageway, and the indistinct crackling of energy can be heard in the distance.



Naimorai's Attack

[the group advances to destroy another pylon and begins bashing away]

The shadows shift nearby.

Irar exclaims, "Naimorai!"

Irar exclaims, "Show yourself!"

You defiantly taunt, "Try it, Naimorai! Whatever you have in mind!"

Irar exclaims, "Will you try to kill me with the same cowardice as before?!"

Irar says, "Murderer."

... 40 points of damage!

Powerful slash!

Irar's left leg is severed at the knee!

Irar screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

He is stunned!

Speaking to Irar, you ask, "So all along you thought it was her and wouldn't tell anyone?"

Irar yells, "Accursed! Faithless!"

Marhand bashes at the cerulean blue pylon with his war hammer!

The cerulean blue pylon shatters completely, its inner flame dying out as it collapses into nothing!

Cryheart says, "Stop."

Cryheart says, "We moving to another."

A shade moves along a wall.

... 39 points of damage!

Powerful slash!

Cryheart's right leg is severed at the knee!

Cryheart screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

Lornieh says, "He's not even your father."

... 35 points of damage!

Wild downward slash severs Lornieh's left foot!

Bloody stump, anyone?

Lornieh screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!

She is stunned!

Cryheart yells, "Stop it Naimorai!"

Shadows move along a wall, briefly revealing Naimorai, then she melts away.

[the group proceeds to the next pylon and begins bashing]

The cavern shakes and the air shimmers!

The cavern shakes and the air shimmers!

The cavern shakes and the air shimmers!

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[City]

The skyline is dotted with majestic buildings, covered with gilded roofs and ornate adornments. The sun gleams along the city's structures and the air is alive with the sound of conversation and the foot traffic of townspeople. A huge stone structure rises in the center of a ring of buildings, with banners flapping wildly on top with the wind. Each banner holds the crest of a golden cup on a field of green.

A tall Chastonian soldier ambles in.

[combat ensues with Chastonian soldiers and grey robed mages]

Off in the distance, you see the banner of Toullaire.

... 22 points of damage!

Weak diagonal slash catches Beldannon's left knee!

It is dislocated.

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Elementz says, "Naimorai's here."

You curiously note, "Naimorai's here too..."

Suprie says, "We've been followed."

... 39 points of damage!

A freezing and accurate strike renders your left leg but a fond memory!

You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled left leg!

You are stunned for 10 rounds!

Chaoswynd softly says, "Of course we have. Everything within the chamber was moved, not just us."

You dryly say, "If only we could leave her here."

The voice of Kayse frustratedly taunts, "Come out and fight."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Beldannon heartily says, "She is a coward of course she won't come out."

Elementz exclaims, "Naimorai come out so I can cast at your face!"

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[Plinite Hollows, Core]

The cavern is wide and spherical, with large tunnels branching off in multiple directions. Dim lavender light glows faintly from each passageway, and the indistinct crackling of energy can be heard in the distance.

[groups split up again and continue to bash at the pylons]

The air shimmers and Naimorai appears, shadows melting from her form. She tries to lash out, but seems frozen. She looks, eyes open wide, the banner and city of Toullaire stretched out behind her. She mouths something, but cannot be heard, as if behind a wall of glass.

Albanus says, "I think she got trapped."

Elementz says, "She's getting stuck in the past."

Suprie says, "She stuck herself."

Sorrenn says, "Yup."

You casually dismiss, "Don't care about your plight there, Naimorai."

Cryheart says, "Yep."

Hapenlok says, "We'll leave her there."

Lornieh says, "Sucks to be her."

Sorrenn says, "She did not make it out."

Kayse darkly says, "You can rot there, Naimorai."

Elementz says, "Break the pylon so she stays."

Suprie says, "Looks like tonight is gonna be the end of Dennet's line."

Naimorai reaches out, her mouth wide in a silent scream. The air shimmers and she is gone.

Kayse smiles slowly.

Lornieh says, "Good riddance."

Arnylon asks, "That us or Rodnay took her?"

You snicker.

You indifferently ask, "Who cares, really?"

Suprie says, "I think her own foolish pride did it."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "I wonder if we just completed a time loop."

Lornieh says, "If it's Rodnay, thanks."

Kayse firmly says, "She is gone and it's something less to worry about."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "She may be stuck in Toullaire, able to escape just in time, and now able to set a course of events that leads us to... this."

Aurach quietly says, "She is gone, and what trouble can she cause... where and when she is.."

Evia says, "A worry for another...time."

Speaking to Aurach, Dergoatean says, "I think she may be causing trouble centuries ago."

Nazarr says, "Maybe she helped cause the wasteland there in the first place."

Aurach quietly says, "Yes, quite so, humorous.."

Dergoatean: "It almost looks as if Naimorai got trapped in the Toullaire illusion, reexperience, whatever it is."

Beldannon: "Would serve her right."

Dergoatean: "We lost her. More likely, she is lost. Foerever."

Hapenlok: "....Dennet, your daughter is trapped in time now."

Hapenlok: "It's time to end this."

You: "Not his daughter."

Elementz: "You hear that Dennet? Your wife's child is lost in time forever."

Elementz: "Quinshon, your daughter is lost."

Hapenlok: "I stand corrected, Leafiara, by the way."

Dennet: "It is fine. When this is done, Reannah and I will both have new memories and a new life. A second chance to recapture our love. We will not remember our children, or any of you."

Beldannon: "We shall see psycho."

You: "The memories come back, Dennet. They came back to Cyph... not that you would know since you paid him no mind."

The cerulean blue pylon shatters completely, its inner flame dying out as it collapses into nothing!

Irar: "You'll never be able to forget enough, or run far enough, to escape what's coming for you coward."

Dergoatean: "Dennet, about the only thing I am certain of any more, is that you will suffer greatly for this."

Hapenlok: "Quinshon, at the whims of Dennet, your daughter is trapped in time. You can end this."

Dergoatean: "Another pylon down."

Kayse: "He has no idea what he is in for once I get ahold of him."


Finishing What We Started

The cavern shakes and the air shimmers.

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[Island]

A fleet of black ships form a semi-circle around a stretch coastline of white sands. Sailing out to meet the dark vessels head on, is a small grouping of wide ships, each bearing a banner with the crest of a faceted amber gem on a field of deep blue. Upon the sands of the shore, soldiers in navy blue armor prepare their positions, gleaming in the sunlight before a series of ivory towers.

[battle ensues with crabs, pirates, and archers]

The air around you vibrates with a strange, archaic hum and you feel your body being pulled in many different directions! Suddenly, your surroundings shift.

[Plinite Hollows, Core]

The cavern is wide and spherical, with large tunnels branching off in multiple directions. Dim lavender light glows faintly from each passageway, and the indistinct crackling of energy can be heard in the distance.

[the group approaches the final pylon and begins bashing away, but meanwhile...]

Maylan: "The townspeople have fled, the "sanctuary" is empty."

Cryheart: "Well done."

You: "We told you we could do it, Dennet."

Arnylon: "Working on the last pylon."

You: "It's called teamwork... something you've no doubt never understood."

Dergoatean: "Well done diggers!"

Elementz: "He had no issues teaming up with Quinshon to create a family."

You: "But in the end Quinshon was set to betray him. That's Dennet for you."

The cerulean blue pylon shatters completely, its inner flame dying out as it collapses into nothing!

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!

Roundtime: 11 sec.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!

Roundtime: 6 sec.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!

Roundtime: 14 sec.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!

Roundtime: 10 sec.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!

Roundtime: 14 sec.


Quinshon vs. Rodnay

[the group makes a final check that all pylons are destroyed, then moves to the last objective of finding Dennet]

A voice in your mind whispers, "We will come for you Dennet."

[the group pokes around the Outpost but doesn't know where to find him or how to get to his sanctuary...]

A voice in your mind whispers, "I found him."

A voice in your mind whispers, "The Lake..."

[everyone travels over]

[Melgorehn's Reach, Lake Eonak]

You are on the bank of a beautiful mountain lake that is fed by a waterfall gushing from the mountain side. There is a path which seems to actually lead up the side of the mountain. You also see a large red-chested hawk that is flying around, a large hole, a barely visible trail leading into a grove of ancient trees and a cedar chip path.

>peer orb

Gazing into the orb, you see...

[Hendoran Outpost, Rune Chamber]

Seamless black stone walls create the feeling of a moonless night as part of this wide chamber. Candles are placed on jagged rock shelves that jut out from the walls, creating the illusion of flickering stars. A variety of summoning and rune circles decorate the earthen floor, some drawn in faded chalk, others in fresh blood. A huge black rune-etched onyx table dominates a far wall, where a small powerful vortex churns, safely contained within the wards. You also see a faint silver portal along a rock wall and a huge black stone dais. Also here: Mayor Cruxophim who is lying down and immobilized, Ysharra who is lying down and immobilized, Xorus, Magister Raelee who is immobilized, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Grand Magister Dennet who is lying down, Shinann who is lying down and immobilized, the body of Lady Reannah who is sleeping

Quinshon squints.

Quinshon quietly says, "They are coming."

Madmountan nods.

Quinshon squints, and Dennet's eyes go wide, "Provide the Talon."

Thrassus says, "Shinann does not know who anyone is."

Elementz says, "We need to hurry."

Thrassus says, "It might be too late."

Ysharra says, "Dennet, you fool."

Xorus stares at Dennet.

Ysharra asks, "You took it off and invited him in, didn't you?"

Madmountan says, "I"m sure he doesn't have a choice at this point."

Madmountan chuckles.

Ysharra says, "And bargained away the last hope you had for it."

A voice in your mind whispers, "Go."

Ysharra says, "Not that it was much of one to start with."

Marijka says, "He did take it off."

Marijka says, "I saw it through the orb."

[the group outside enters through the hole]

[Hendoran Outpost, Rune Chamber]

Seamless black stone walls create the feeling of a moonless night as part of this wide chamber. Candles are placed on jagged rock shelves that jut out from the walls, creating the illusion of flickering stars. A variety of summoning and rune circles decorate the earthen floor, some drawn in faded chalk, others in fresh blood. A huge black rune-etched onyx table dominates a far wall, where a small powerful vortex churns, safely contained within the wards. You also see a faint silver portal along a rock wall and a huge black stone dais.

Kiske nods.

Maylan blinks.

Reannah awakens startled.

You squint at Dennet.

Dergoatean recites:

"STOP"

You are now in an offensive stance.

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Darconas melodically says, "Hm."

Pookia stares off into space.

Cruxophim raspily bites out, "Ah, hello all. About time..."

Lornieh squints at Dennet.

Ysharra says, "This is going to leave a mark."

Arshwikk removes a single arrow from a bundle of arrows.

Mohrgan strides over to stand before Dennet.

The last of ethereal motes melt into Shinann's body.

Albanus says, "Why hello there."

Chaoswynd glances at Cruxophim.

Kayse comes out of hiding.

Momentarily revealing the small ebon suede back sheath hidden at the small of her back, Kayse deftly sheathes her dark vultite scramasax, concealing both it and the sheath once more.

Momentarily revealing the small leather wrist sheath hidden underneath her sleeve, Kayse deftly sheathes her steel poignard, concealing both it and the sheath once more.

Falvicar glowers darkly at Dennet.

Maylan whines at Dergoatean!

Kiske frowns at Shinann.

Falvicar clenches his jaw.

Marijka glances between Dennet and an enruned black rolaren warblade.

Mohrgan moves to stand in front of Shinann.

Katiesa looks at Shinann with concern.

Kiske rubs Shinann.

You mutter something inaudible.

Irar says, "If we kill him.."

Chaoswynd glances at Dennet.

Standing near Shinann, Dennet looks on, wide-eyed, as if in a trance.

Kayse walks toward Shinann.

You offhandedly say, "Already tried it."

Speaking to Shinann, Kiske says, "Er..sorry, I know you dn't like the touching."

Quinshon squints.

Kayse slips a hand to the small of her back, deftly retrieving a sard-pommeled dark vultite scramasax.

Kayse slips a hand to her sleeve, deftly retrieving a gem-inlaid steel poignard.

Speaking to Irar, Marijka says, "Then justice will have been done for his murders."

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Sanctuary."

Kiske folds her hands.

Kayse eyes Dennet with a stern expression, her dark sclera reduced to mere slits.

Katiesa scowls at Dennet.

Evia raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Shinann, Ysharra says, "Shinann. Your name is Shinann."

Irar says, "Ah."

Quinshon begins to step back, but stops.

Tercolla grips his lor runestaff a little tighter.

Maylan glances between Dennet and Shinann.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Just when we need a abyran."

A voice in your mind whispers, "No black shaman, you will suffer."

Suprie glances at Quinshon.

Speaking firmly to Dennet, Kayse says, "Stop. This is ending now."

Irar grins.

With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into a richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*

Elementz points his illthorn runestaff at Quinshon.

Neovik gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Chaoswynd stares at Quinshon.

You glance at Reannah.

Quinshon quietly says, "You are still a boy, Rodnay. Now is not your time. Not yet."

Speaking to Kayse, Ysharra says, "I doubt he can hear you."

You glance away.

Arnylon says, "Wow, we meet the most interesting people in holes."

Hapenlok removes an etched black mithril Torren dagger from in his leather casting gloves.

Lornieh pulls Dennet to his feet.

Meureii slowly empties his lungs.

Lornieh stares at Dennet.

Dergoatean hauls off and slaps Cruxophim up'side the head!

Beldannon waves a hand at Quinshon, dismissing him indifferently.

You stare at Dergoatean.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dergoatean says, "Snap out of it."

Boora moves to stand in front of Shinann.

Speaking to Quinshon, Hapenlok says, "I have one question."

Speaking weakly to Dergoatean, Cruxophim bites out, "Nice try, but I'm bound."

Lornieh says, "Was hoping that'd break his concentration."

Lylia glances between Dennet and Reannah.

Boora rubs Shinann.

Dergoatean frowns.

Suddenly, the air hums, and Quinshon's green veil is torn away, revealing a mouth of shadowy ribbons and teeth. Quinshon screams and grabs at his face, stumbling back and melts quickly into the shadows.


The Shinann-Reannah Transference

Shinann says, "Do not hurt my husband."

(Kayse moves over to Shinann and examines her.)

Speaking to Cruxophim, Arnylon says, "Bah, details."

Kayse blinks at Shinann.

Hapenlok says, "Or not."

Maylan blinks.

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Evia says, "Ack."

Kiske raises an eyebrow.

Tercolla's face turns slightly pale.

Maylan asks, "Just like that, huh?"

Irar frowns at Shinann.

Lornieh says, "Ick."

Ysharra says, "Quinshon's holding us, there's no point in trying until he's at something else."

Hapenlok winces.

Boora squints.

You fearfully ask, "What... was that, exactly?"

Maylan shivers.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

A voice in your mind whispers, "Run, shaman."

Meureii glances around, bristling with anxiety.

Kiske glances between Reannah and Shinann.

Katiesa glances dubiously at Shinann.

Maylan glances at Dennet.

Cruxophim calmly remarks, "Destroy him."

Albanus says, "I've heard the abyssal demonic look is in this year."

Speaking to Dennet, Maylan says, "You heard him."

Pookia stares at Dennet.

Katiesa gives a sidelong glance at Reannah.

Mohrgan turns to face Dennet.

Shinann says, "Wait.... do not hurt my father."

Lylia walks toward Dennet.

Speaking desperately to Shinann, Kayse says, "No, there has to be some way to reverse this."

With deliberate poise, you draw the pale blue katana from your scabbard, bringing it up, gripped in both hands, into a ready position.

You are now in an offensive stance.

Chaoswynd glances at Shinann.

Irar asks, "Father?"

Cruxophim coldly reminds, "No mercy for the enemies of the Landing."

Tercolla peers quizzically at Shinann.

Pookia says, "Oh jeez."

Darconas glances at Shinann.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "...with ...pleasure."

Elementz gasps.

Lornieh blinks at Shinann.

Darconas melodically asks, "Oh really?"

You narrow your eyes.

Xorus leans on his runestaff.

Irar confidently calls upon his patron as he motions forcefully...

With a flourish, Aurach sheathes an ancient rolaren longblade and an ancient rolaren-edged longknife in opposing scabbards on his leather sword belt.

Beldannon ponders.

Aurach removes a small oak-framed mirror from in his grey spidersilk satchel.

Reaching over his shoulder, Chaoswynd secures his kelyn tetsubo into a series of straps on the back of his leather bandolier.

Shinann says, "My back hurts."

Irar growls ferociously!

Hapenlok put a gold-capped orase runestaff in his black harness.

Arnylon whispers to the group, "You have to admit, the new her is much more subdued."

Dalabrac frowns.

(Aurach shows Shinnan his mirror.)

Speaking to Dennet, Hapenlok says, "On your knees."

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Neovik leans on his axe.

Shinann asks, "Who is that?"

Nazarr whispers to the group, "I like Shinann better as herself."

Dalabrac glares at Dennet.

Speaking coldly to Dennet, Cruxophim demands, "I want his head."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Meureii asks, "Want him down?"

Hapenlok nods at Meureii.

Ysharra says, "Dennet is about to die, apparently."

Osloe squints at Dennet.

Albanus rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Mohrgan grips his rolaren-hafted waraxe a little tighter.

You vow, "Soon as any of us are able."

Speaking to Shinann, Kiske asks, "A better question is who are you?"

Speaking to Shinann, Kayse says, "You are Shinann Autura. Captain of the Wehnimer's Militia...."

Aurach quietly says, "That is currently, you."

Kiske cocks her head at Shinann.

Arshwikk ponders.


Dennet's Demise

Dennet kneels down.

Nazarr says, "Oh, good. I do hope his demise will be painful."

Meureii stomps his stone boots into the floor, but nothing happens other than a slight rumble.

Ysharra says, "I don't think Quinshon's going to be able to fix up your head if it gets whacked off by an axe, Dennet."

The ground begins to tremble and the walls shake.

Shinann asks, "I am.... what?"

(Hapenlok walks up in front of Dennet, dagger in hand, glancing at Cruxophim.)

Dennet just pulled Reannah's lifeless body into his arms.

Elementz points his illthorn runestaff at Dennet.

Suprie growls ferociously!

Dennet says, "It did not work..."

Ysharra says, "Of course it didn't."

Irar laughs at Dennet!

Speaking to Dennet, Elementz says, "We knew it wouldn't."

Speaking to Shinann, Kiske asks, "Who are you?"

Evia says, "Oops."

>ms dennet

Be at peace my child, there is no need to fight here.

Lornieh smirks at Dennet.

Speaking to Dennet, Dergoatean says, "How many people told you that already."

Chaoswynd glances at Dennet.

Speaking coldly to Dennet, Hapenlok says, "You picked the wrong town."

Elementz says, "What a fool."

Speaking slowly to Shinann, Kayse says, "Shinann. You are my friend."

Shinann smiles at Dennet.

Dergoatean narrows his eyes and gives Dennet a dirty look.

Speaking to Dennet, Irar asks, "How's it feel, knowing just how abjectly you've failed?"

Shinann says, "Hello."

(Maylan idly pokes Reannah's lifeless body with the tip of her runestaff.)

Speaking to Dennet, Maylan says, "She's still dead."

Speaking to Dennet, Dergoatean says, "It's over."

Cruxophim stands up.

Speaking to Dennet, you say, "It's almost sad."

You smirk.

Maylan says, "That's my expert opinion, anyhow."

Dennet glances at Shinann.

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok asks, "Death?"

Speaking to Shinann, Ysharra says, "You are Shinann Autura."

Ysharra stands up.

Speaking to Shinann, Lylia asks, "Still angry with me over taking tea, Captain?"

Ysharra says, "Ah."

(Kayse takes a few measured steps towards Dennet, her daggers drawn out in front of her.)

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok asks, "Or let him live knowing he failed...utterly?"

Dennet asks, "Who...who is your father? Who is your mother?"

Lylia muses, "I rather hope you are..."

Dennet peers quizzically at Shinann.

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, Cruxophim states, "Eventually."

Osloe sighs.

An aura of mischief slowly creeps into Cruxophim's mien as his lips form into a crooked smile. The smile continues to spread as it splits from ear-to-ear, rupturing his countenance into the shape of a tooth-filled lacerated grin.

Speaking to Shinann, Arnylon asks, "Snap out of it. Who's going to be dictator, after all?"

Hapenlok indicates an etched black mithril Torren dagger as a possible option.

Speaking firmly to Dennet, Kayse commands, "Fix. This. Now."

Speaking sadly to Dennet, Boora says, "This might hurt a bit..."

Shinann says, "I..."

Speaking to Ysharra, Xorus says, "It will not work, I tried earlier."

Shinann sits down.

Speaking to Shinann, Marijka says, "If you quit fighting now, you'll never see justice done to the traitor who wished to destroy the militia's pylons with untested wards."

Dergoatean sits down next to Shinann.

Dergoatean nods at Shinann.

Dalabrac glances at Shinann.

You set about preparing Shinann to be as presentable as possible.

Dennet stands up.

Speaking innocently to Xorus, Ysharra asks, "What won't work?"

Cruxophim levels his gaze at Dennet, staring intently at him without blinking his eyes.

Speaking to Dennet, Kiske says, "You selfish, awful man."

Ysharra smiles at Xorus.

(Shinann rubs her head.)

Cruxophim narrows his eyes, his dark sclera reduced to mere slits.

Kayse glances nervously over her shoulder at Shinann.

Shinann shakes her head.

Hapenlok gazes in amusement at Marijka.

Dennet gazes heavenward.

Cruxophim walks toward Dennet.

Speaking to Dennet, Albanus says, "My boy, I do believe you have fornicated the rolton on this one."

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "None of it matters, does it."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Arnylon asks, "He help in this?"

Ysharra nods at Dennet.

Arnylon points at Xorus.

Speaking to Cruxophim, you imply, "If ever there was a time to eat someone..."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Kayse urges, "Pull the bracelet out of your cloak... I gave you something earlier."

Cruxophim looks over at Arnylon and shakes his head.

Rarr snickers at you!

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "You lost your son, your wife, your power and your position."

Dalabrac agrees with you.

Lornieh laughs at you!

Shinann pats at the folds of her soft suede cloak, absentmindedly looking for something.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "None of it worked."

Speaking wryly to Arnylon, Cruxophim reports, "No one was fool enough to help him."

Cruxophim surreptitiously glances at Madmountan.

Shinann shrugs.

Speaking melodically to Shinann, Darconas says, "Who do you think you are."

Madmountan grins at Cruxophim.

Chaoswynd glances between Dennet and Ysharra.

Albanus glances around the room.

Kayse looks at Shinann with concern.

Albanus ponders.

Shinann says, "I feel dizzy."

Speaking to Dennet, Dergoatean asks, "What happens with the ends justify the means, but you don't even reach your ends?"

Speaking coldly to Dennet, Hapenlok says, "And soon....your life ends here."

Speaking calmly to Dennet, Cruxophim states, "I'm afraid we're going to have to arrest you now."

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "Despite myself I feel sorry for you."

Cruxophim gives a sidelong glance at Raelee.

Dennet says, "No."

Dennet says, "It is over."

Nazarr says, "No. No arrest. Execution."

You say, "No arrest. Murder."

Lornieh blinks at Ysharra.

Neovik raises an eyebrow.

Osloe nods at Dennet.

Speaking to Shinann, Maylan says, "Good. That's a good sign. It means part of you is still fighting."

Shinann swoons.

Cruxophim whispers, "Take his head."

Nazarr says, "Let him die now."

Aurach quietly says, "There is only one concern, your captains restoration."

Speaking to Dennet, Osloe says, "It is."

>ms denn

Be at peace my child, there is no need to fight here.

Darconas whispers to the group, "Can we pause a bit on the death threats and let the conversation continue?"

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "The Painlord is going to get a rich meal out of you."

You quietly whisper to Cruxophim, "I've been trying."

Shinann blinks.

Speaking simply to Cruxophim, Marijka says, "Let me carry out the sentence. Here. Now."

Dennet says, "Octaven, it is yours. Go."

Cruxophim gazes at Dennet.

Shinann sits up.

Marijka tilts her black rolaren warblade side to side, making the light play off it.

(Kayse runs to Shinann's side and examines her.)

Pookia whispers to the group, "But conversation and no action is what led up to this."

Dergoatean glances at Dennet.

Speaking to Dennet, Hapenlok asks, "....what?"

Falvicar gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Evia raises an eyebrow.

Osloe blinks.

Shinann glances around the room.

Arshwikk gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Cruxophim turns away from Dennet, ignoring him.

Cruxophim walks toward Shinann.

Lornieh says, "I would assume now that Octaven has the Talon."

You stare at Dennet.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Rarr says, "Many here would like to see immediate justice."

Shinann looks thoughtfully at Dennet.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "I've heard enough."

Dennet holds out his hand, and the earth shifts to reveal a glowing blue-violet crescent-shaped stone. A silvery-white portal appears, and Dennet gestures and sends the Talon through to the other side, before the portal snaps shut.

Cruxophim turns to face Dennet.

You note, "So all that and Quinshon couldn't get it because of Rodnay... overconfident."

Lylia hisses, "You bastard."

Xorus scowls.

(Dergoatean stumbles after the portal, too late.)

Kiske kneels down.

Dennet says, "Better to her, than if the shaman returns."

Boora shifts his weight.

Speaking to Dennet, Meureii says, "It is nae yours."

Kiske squints at Reannah.

Tercolla ponders.

Dergoatean scrubs his hand over his short auburn hair in frustration.

Evia says, "Damn portals."

Chaoswynd slowly empties his lungs.

Dennet kneels down.

Rarr groans.

Neovik seems a bit weaker than before.

Ysharra says, "Well, it's not his anymore, either."

Speaking to Reannah, Kiske says, "You poor thing."

Speaking to Dennet, Albanus exclaims, "Really? After all that, you just give it away? Really?!"

Pookia sighs.

Osloe mutters under his breath.

Speaking slowly to Dennet, Meureii repeats, "It is nae Hers."

Dennet just pulled Reannah's lifeless body into his arms.

Cruxophim calmly reminds, "It's just us here. Who's going to report it if doesn't survive?"

Kiske stands up.

Dennet says, "Go. Or die."

Speaking to Meureii, Arnylon says, "No, it's not. It's now Octaven's."

Cruxophim glances appraisingly around the room.

You nod in agreement at Cruxophim.

(Hapenlok pulls Dennet's head roughly back holding his dagger to Dennet's Throat.)

Dennet closes his eyes.

Shinann blinks.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra asks, "And what of you?"

You squint at Dennet.

Speaking to Shinann, Kiske asks, "You ok?"

Elementz leans on his runestaff.

Suprie looks over at Cruxophim and shakes his head.

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Thrassus says, "I think that means it's time to leave."

Pookia reaches up and snags an old ship rat, pulling the creature off her shoulder.

Evia says, "Poor thing, is still wearing my flax flower in her hair."

Speaking frustratedly to Dennet, Kayse says, "Not until you fix Shinann."

(Shinann stands shakily.)

Evia points at Reannah.

Shinann stands up.

Speaking softly to Ysharra, Chaoswynd says, "He means to bury himself, alongside his wife."

Speaking to Dennet, Elementz says, "I assume you're going to end yourself, instead of giving us the pleasure."

Kiske cocks her head at Shinann.

Shinann says, "I..."

Cruxophim shakes his articulated gauntlets at Dennet, splattering him with blood.

Albanus says, "We might want to leave before we're entombed in solid rock."

Arnylon says, "He said go. Seems like he might mean it."

Speaking to Shinann, Dergoatean says, "Come with us. We'll help."

Shinann glances at Dennet.

Maylan says, "Someone just grab her and get her out of here."

Dergoatean's group just went through a faint silver portal along a rock wall.

[Melgorehn's Valley, Grasslands]

Still dwarfed by the Reach, you come to a large boulder. Perhaps from a small rockslide, this boulder is nearly 10 feet tall, with one flat surface where it once connected with the mountain. The stone seems very out of place in the grass, as if it did not truly belong.

Elementz says, "What a bastard."

You flatly ask, "Seriously?"

Lylia glares.

Speaking angrily to Dergoatean, Kayse asks, "What are you doing?"

Kayse glances at Dergoatean.

You exclaim, "Get back in there!"

Kayse hisses at Dergoatean.

You mutter something inaudible.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "This is the end game."

Dergoatean says, "This is all we have."

Thrassus says, "He's going to collapse the chamber."

Dergoatean says, "The Talon is gone. The sanctuary is strong. The magic doesn't work."

You rebut, "Unless I see him dead with my own eyes I won't believe it."

Lornieh says, "If Dennet brings the earth down around us, not much is gonna help Shinann then."

Dergoatean says, "We can go to the lake if you like."

[several go back in, refusing to stay outside for one reason or another]

[Hendoran Outpost, Rune Chamber]

Seamless black stone walls create the feeling of a moonless night as part of this wide chamber. Candles are placed on jagged rock shelves that jut out from the walls, creating the illusion of flickering stars. A variety of summoning and rune circles decorate the earthen floor, some drawn in faded chalk, others in fresh blood. A huge black rune-etched onyx table dominates a far wall, where a small powerful vortex churns, safely contained within the wards. You also see a faint silver portal along a rock wall and a huge black stone dais.

You scowl at Dennet.

Cruxophim levels his gaze at Dennet, staring intently at him without blinking his eyes.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "You failed everyone, then. I leave you to it."

Speaking softly to Ysharra, Chaoswynd says, "There's precious little time left for this place. He has chosen his fate, there's little else to be done now."

You point your pale blue katana at Dennet.

Boora moves to stand in front of Dennet.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "....I'll end it...here and now."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Maylan says, "Do it."

Speaking sadly to Dennet, Boora asks, "Are you lost?"

Maylan nods at Hapenlok.

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Ysharra says, "He's a fool, but I've been in his position before."

Speaking to Dennet, Elementz says, "You don't deserve the depths of Lake Eonak for a tomb."

Speaking quietly to Dennet, Titaniae says, "Unlike the others, I think sometimes, for things you find important enough, it's worth it to try."

Speaking coldly to Hapenlok, Cruxophim commands, "Do it."

You nod in agreement at Elementz.

Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Chaoswynd says, "We both have."

A crack appears and water begins to rush in.

Speaking quietly to Dennet, Titaniae says, "But also realize when sometimes it's just not going to succeed."

Titaniae nods at Dennet.

Boora shifts his weight.

Maylan says, "We're all about to die in here."

Rarr groans.

Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Dennet.

Speaking to Maylan, Marijka says, "Won't be my first time tonight. Or second. Or third."

From nearby, you hear Albanus yell, "Might wanna leave before you drown!"

Chaoswynd turns to face Dennet.

Pookia looks empowered.

Elementz says, "Someone fog them out before he fulfills his wish."

Neovik says, "Might be time to leave before it's too late."

Maylan grins at Marijka.

Dennet just pulled Reannah's lifeless body into his arms.

Cruxophim smiles thinly at Dennet, his expression even more pallorous and worn than usual.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra asks, "Do you want me to stay, and be your witness to the other side?"

A crack appears and water begins to rush in.

Pookia says, "Get out now."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean asks, "Manage anything?"

Dennet says, "No, go."

You look at Dergoatean and shake your head.

Dergoatean nods.

Talonir frowns.

Boora frowns at Reannah.

Maylan whispers to the group, "I dont' buy it. A wee little cave-in won't kill him."

Kelrion raises an eyebrow.

Chaoswynd glances at Ysharra.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra asks, "Any word to pass on, to anyone left out there?"

Titaniae touches Reannah.

You coldly say, "After all this, I'm not leaving until I'm much more sure that he'll die than this."

Speaking coldly to Maylan, Cruxophim requests, "Lead them out?"

Talonhawke shifts his weight.

Marijka nods in agreement to you.

Dennet says, "No."

Cruxophim kneels down.

Dergoatean sighs.

Speaking to you, Elementz says, "I'd like to kill him myself."

Speaking to Reannah, Dergoatean says, "I'm sorry."

Kembriana checks her footing.

Maylan says, "I err..."

The ceiling begins to collapse.

Speaking regretfully to Elementz, you say, "Wouldn't we all."

Maylan says, "I'm staying."

Osloe frowns at Reannah.

Chaoswynd glances up.

Marijka says, "There's a fair amount of competition for the privilege."

Wanion ducks her head.

You nod at Maylan.

Talonir blinks.

Dergoatean nods at Maylan.

Boora gazes heavenward.

Speaking coldly to Maylan, Hapenlok says, "You're not."

Maylan says, "Go through the portal now if you value your life."

Speaking to Maylan, Dergoatean says, "Catch you on the other side."

Neovik says, "Yeah... I'm not going to stay and get crushed."

Maylan turns toward Dergoatean and renders a sharp salute with her illthorn runestaff.

Talonir rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Talonir says, "I do appreciate living."

Maylan says, "Join Dergoatean if you want to live."

Ysharra glances at Cruxophim.

You frown at Reannah.

Speaking coldly to Maylan, Cruxophim reminds, "I'm not leaving without his head."

... 21 points of damage!

Hard blow breaks the femur!

She is knocked to the ground!

She is stunned!

[unclear who this was]

Dergoatean glances at Reannah.

Speaking sympathetically to Reannah, you say, "But for you... I wish we could have done more."

You shake your head.

... 29 points of damage!

Hard blow breaks your femur!

You are knocked to the ground!

You are stunned for 6 rounds!

Fyrentennimar says, "Hmm."

... 27 points of damage!

Left leg ripped from socket at the knee!

Holymoon screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

He is stunned!

Irar says, "This is it."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Ysharra says, "I believe I will remain as well. I will watch the end with you."

Cruxophim nods slowly at Ysharra.

Maylan sits up.

Marijka sits down next to Cruxophim.

Maylan leans on Ysharra.

Cruxophim gently rests his hand on Marijka's shoulder.

Marijka stares at Dennet.

Elementz scowls.

Cruxophim levels his gaze at Dennet, staring intently at him without blinking his eyes.

Dennet hangs his head.

Irar says, "I'll stay as well."

You darkly say, "Lorminstra wouldn't take me when I tried to offer more spirit than I ever had before to save Cyph that night..."

Chaoswynd glances up.

Speaking slowly to himself, Boora says, "'Every end marks a new beginning..."

You slowly say, "I don't fear this."

Ysharra rests a gentle hand on Cruxophim.

Chaoswynd absently says, "Well, haven't been buried alive in a while..."

You crack your knuckles!

Maylan says, "I've had worse deaths."

Maylan shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.

Ysharra ponders.

Elementz says, "Quinshon still lives."

Ysharra removes a silvery black hematite pavade coated with deep red blood from in her wormwood case.

Speaking neutrally to Dennet, Cruxophim observes, "A fitting tomb for you and your wife."

A voice shouts nearby, "Andrew!! I saw him!! I saw him!"

Fyrentennimar blinks.

Maylan whispers to the group, "He's going to fake his own death. I don't trust it."

Boora inclines his ear, listening intently.

Darconas melodically says, "Huh."

You nod at Maylan.

Cruxophim levels his gaze at Dennet, staring intently at him without blinking his eyes.

Boora gets a distant look in his eyes.

Chaoswynd rests a gentle hand on Ysharra's arm.

Chaoswynd glances at Ysharra.

Speaking to her hematite pavade, Ysharra says, "If only you could pass on what he's felt tonight, little bite."

Darconas whispers to the group, "Perhaps they're closing in as well."

Ysharra glances at Dennet.

You take a moment to observe everything you can about Dennet.

From the ceiling, a huge jagged shard falls on Dennet and impales him and the corpse of his wife.

... 40 points of damage!

Strike to abdomen skewers Dennet quite nicely!

Dennet drops dead at your feet!

Darconas blinks.

Cruxophim snaps his fingers.

You nod faintly.

Xorus smiles.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "Collect the head."

Cruxophim touches Dennet.

Boora glances over at the body of Dennet, sizes up the mess and winces. You think you hear him mutter something beneath his breath that sounds like, "What a pity!"

Maylan says, "Well then."

Dalabrac nods.

Cruxophim draws a serrated steel bonesaw knife from one of the slots on his black harness.

Meureii turns his head slightly and tenses up, bristling.

Speaking to Dennet, Ysharra says, "Good bye, Grand Magister."

You agree with Cruxophim.

Zephyri focuses on Dennet with intense concentration.

Dennet's abdomen wound gradually fades, forming on Zephyri's abdomen instead.

Avalor slowly empties his lungs.

Chaoswynd stares at Dennet's lifeless body, apparently lost in thought.

Maylan stands up.

Zephyri focuses on Dennet with intense concentration.

Dennet appears entirely restored.

You agree with Hapenlok.

From nearby, you hear Pookia yell, "Now get out!"

With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into a richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*

Cruxophim points his steel bonesaw knife at Dennet, taunting him.

Dalabrac says, "Good riddance."

Maylan kicks some dirt on the corpse of Dennet.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "We put it near Hagga."

Maylan kicks some dirt on the corpse of Dennet.

Maylan kicks some dirt on the corpse of Dennet.

Ysharra says, "Crucified by his own element."

The ceiling begins to collapse.

(Irar kicks the lifeless body of Dennet, cracking a few ribs in the process.)

Xorus says, "Grand finale, indeed."

Pookia gives Dennet a friendly little kick.

Speaking regretfully to Reannah, you say, "For you... I'm sorry. Truly."

Chaoswynd glances up.

Irar says, "Let's jet."

Stamping her feet in a staccato, Pookia performs a victory dance around the corpse of Dennet.

(Marijka chops away at Dennet's neck, attempting to sever the head.)

You glance down.

(Cruxophim calmly approaches the corpse of Dennet, bonesaw at the ready.)

Ysharra nods at Xorus.

The ceiling begins to collapse.

With deliberate poise, you draw the pale blue katana from your scabbard, bringing it up, gripped in both hands, into a ready position.

Maylan asks, "Should we...?"

Darconas melodically says, "Go time."

Maylan glances at a faint silver portal along a rock wall.

Speaking to Dennet, you say, "But as for you..."

Irar says, "Let's go."

You shake your head.

Hapenlok says, "The rest of you...get the hell out of here."

Avalor says, "I'd advise we move now."

Speaking to Xorus, Ysharra says, "Actual irony. Not the I'm angry with you and want to be snippy sort."

Speaking calmly to Maylan, Cruxophim agrees, "Probably."

Speaking to Dennet, Elementz says, "You deserved far worse than this."

Maylan says, "Alrighty then."

Speaking to Dennet, Xorus says, "You were a fool."

Ysharra nods at Xorus.

Speaking to Xorus, Ysharra says, "I think that dawned on him about an hour ago."

Speaking to Dennet, Hapenlok says, "And to think, there were those among us that might have helped you if you had been open to them."

Ysharra says, "If you want his head, I would advise removing it now."

Boora gets a distant look in his eyes.

You indifferently say, "Can't honestly say 'good'bye. Nor fare'well.'."

From nearby, you hear Pookia yell, "He's dead there's no reason to kill yourselves!"

Speaking to Dennet, Elementz says, "Desacrating Eonake with your failures, how dare you."

Ysharra says, "As the rocks to come will surely crush it and the rest of us."

You nod at Elementz.

Darconas melodically says, "I think our business here is done."

(Elementz spits at Dennet's corpse.)

You look at Dennet and shake your head.

Fyrentennimar shrugs.

Fyrentennimar waves to Reannah.

Dalabrac says, "Let's go."

Fyrentennimar waves to Dennet.

Cruxophim looks over the body of Dennet, making sure he's dead.

The ceiling begins to collapse.....and you're pretty sure you'll die soon.

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Chaoswynd asks, "While I realize you have little to fear of the impending collapse of this chamber, others seem to be reluctant to leave you to it. So, might I suggest getting it done?"

Marijka stands up.

Speaking hurriedly to Cruxophim, you ask, "You're sure he's dead?"

Hapenlok says, "Let's go."

Darconas melodically says, "Ok....let's go."

Cruxophim nods slowly to you.

J>appr denn

You glance at Dennet and immediately realize he has 0 spirit levels out of a maximum of 10, and is not currently preserved.

You also notice that he has no apparent injuries.

He is also quite dead.

Roblar kicks some dirt on the corpse of Dennet.

You nod.

Fyrentennimar and Roblar bash their forearms in greeting.

Ysharra glances at Dennet.

You say, "Just checking... since you couldn't detect Thadston being a golem."

You nod once.

Dalabrac barks wildly at Cruxophim!

Ysharra nods at Cruxophim.

Cruxophim points his steel bonesaw knife at Dennet, taunting him.

Ysharra says, "That ring."

From nearby, you hear Pookia yell, "Just go! go! Please go! Corpses don't care!"

Roblar deeply says, "Ah kin cut his heart out."

Roblar grabs a femur-hilted obsidian zirah bouk from a weathered black leather pocket inside of his bear hide greatcloak.

Speaking coldly to Dennet, you say, "I won't miss you. Anyone else in your family... sure."

Speaking to Roblar, Fyrentennimar says, "You got here just in time for the end."

Ysharra glances at Dennet.

>attend reann

Reannah is busy right now. Perhaps it's best to leave her be.

From nearby, you hear Lornieh yell, "Get out of there!"

Roblar snaps his fingers.

Roblar deeply says, "He has none."

Speaking to Reannah, you wish, "To you... do be well."

Marijka removes a gleaming steel bone saw with a crescent-shaped blade from in her tool roll.

Roblar snorts!

With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into a richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*

Roblar tucks a femur-hilted obsidian zirah bouk into a weathered black leather pocket inside of his bear hide greatcloak.

Ysharra says, "Pity we can't pry it out of his fingers."

You turn toward the body of Reannah and render a sharp hand salute.

Marijka kneels down.

Speaking indifferently to Dennet, Cruxophim vows, "I have a shovel. I'll be back."

An aura of mischief slowly creeps into Cruxophim's mien as his lips form into a crooked smile. The smile continues to spread as it splits from ear-to-ear, rupturing his countenance into the shape of a tooth-filled lacerated grin.

Speaking softly to Ysharra, Chaoswynd says, "I'm sure Crux has some shears he could use..."

(Marijka starts sawing away at Dennet's neck.)

Cruxophim stands up.

Roblar frowns at Reannah.

Roblar sighs sadly.

Ysharra nods at Cruxophim.

Cruxophim gives a sidelong glance at Marijka.

Titaniae quietly says, "Let's just all die..."

[most of the group finally leaves, having heard something over the amunet about Stephos being en route to the Mayor's office]


Naimorai's Journal: Explaining Away Centuries...

Stephos: "You won't find Andrew. But I've something you're looking for."

Stephos: "I'll be along to the Mayor's office soon enough."

[travel time]

Lord Stephos just came through a varnished modwir door.

Stephos says, "Well well well."

Stephos says, "It seems, young Andrew..."

Stephos says, "Met a grizzly fate."

Stephos says, "He had a journal."

Stephos says, "Most of it burned. A shame."

Stephos says, "I was able to recover some, when I came upon his body."

Stephos says, "Would you care to hear it?"

Stephos says, "Before I turn it over to the authorities."

Maylan says, "Nah."

Lylia says, "Very much so."

Shinann says, "I love stories."

You curiously say, "I guess most of it no longer matters since they're all dead... but anything on Quinshon would be interesting."

Stephos says, "Then quiet yourselves."

Speaking calmly to Stephos, Cruxophim assures, "Of course."

Maylan exclaims, "Of course we want to hear it!"

Stephos slowly empties his lungs.

Stephos removes a soot-covered grey sack.

Stephos begins to pull at some burnt parchment in the sack, flipping through some.

Stephos says, "Naimorai..."

Stephos chuckles.

Stephos asks, "Who writes these things down?"

Stephos says, "I shall read what was saved."

Stephos recites:

"And my father has taken the young woman Lana. We're going to test new levels of plinite in her blood. He doesn't dare wish to experiment on mother. I've recommended that he wear a bone mask, like that of the Black Diabolist, to hide his identity and misguide the others should we be caught, or she witness too much."

Stephos recites:

"I've acquired the poison I need for mother. I do not do this lightly. I love her. She has always been there for me, despite the jealousy I sometimes catch in her eyes at how father dotes over me. Sometimes I feel there is something else in her gaze, perhaps doubt, like I was a mistake. But I love her. I do not think father will be successful in healing her. I know of no other option than bringing her a quick, and painless end. That is not cruelty. That is compassion."

Stephos recites:

"I've found a few allies, perhaps dare I say friends here in the north. They have sworn to keep my secrets and my true power to themselves and not alert the others. After I accidentally killed Jonathan, I had no way of truly understanding or mastering my art back home. The Hall, while they permit some, would never tolerate me. Not that I much tolerate them. I'm quite fond of what I may learn from some of my new teachers, especially "

Stephos recites:

"I did not intend death with Michol. But he spoke so harshly, and accused me of many things, and threatened to expose me, and my father. I meant only to frighten him. But I must confess, it felt good. I felt alive. The power in my veins, the turn of my hand as he twisted inside out. Some would never possess the stomach to witness it. Instead I looked upon it like art. Like observing the amazing brushstrokes of a masterful painter's work."

Cruxophim slowly inquires, "What happened to Naimorai?"

Speaking simply to Cruxophim, you inform, "Trapped in the past."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Chaoswynd says, "She's lost in time, I'm afraid."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Elementz says, "She is lost in time."

Stephos recites:

"My new allies agreed to the plan and to help me cover up the death of Michol. Some were skeptical, but ultimately all were on board. They'll help provide the components needed to create a voodoo doll to help frame Hapenlok for the murder. It should be easily believable, as he is a known victim of some witch, and she has a hold over him they say. The black shaman will help infuse false memories, so even the poor halfling believes it himself. Father has already concealed Michol within the earthen walls "

Stephos recites:

"I've been growing exponentially in my arts. The black shaman has been teaching me many things, of blood and of shadow. Soon I may be able to pass into the shadows themselves, taking any targets unaware. I've learned the truth of my bloodline. Strangely, it was welcome. For so long, I had felt lost, and apart from it all, despite Dennet's adoration. Now I understand. Now I am aware of exactly who and what I am."

Stephos recites:

"And he'll discover everything, from Jonathan, to Lana, to Michol, to Hapenlok, and our future plans. I don't need Osment meddling now. Dennet and Quinshon have come up with a plan, and my allies here in the north have also agreed to participate and help. We'll abduct the young Mestaniri man and weave new memories for him. Quinshon has promised to allow me to help this time, to begin furthering my studies "

Stephos recites:

"To which he denied, but I told him many people would suspect Thadston is not himself, and likely even predict he is a golem, like one of the original experiments they discovered in the woods. But Dennet is insistent that the guise of Thadston be used, to help keep the soldiers in line, and a figurehead to aim at the Rooks to gather the stolen plinite..."

Stephos recites:

"There is now new hope for my mother. If the plinite can be merged with the pylons as Dennet claims, then she'll have some temporary relief for a while. Which is exactly what both Dennet and Quinshon said is needed for the final step. This time, it will work. We will use a living body. Out of the three, Shinann has been chosen as the host. The other two who watched my mother have been ruled out and..."

Stephos recites:

"Or so he claims. But I do not trust Irar any longer. I suppose I never should have in the first place. I was naive to confess so much to him. It was not even a year ago that the Church of Koar was hardly a reliable source. I'll get the poison back, or end Irar, one or the other. Part of me hopes he makes it a challenge..."

Stephos recites:

"My brother is dead. I suppose I should be moved by it. But Quinshon says it was a valuable lesson in perfecting the ritual and our powers. I suppose in a way he was dead long ago, when his magic overcame him and he was poisoned by Carenos. But now Dennet has changed his plans. Once my mother's spirit is transferred to Shinann, he plans to have Quinshon weave new memories in their minds, erasing me, erasing Cyph, and giving them a new chance elsewhere. Should I be sad to be so discarded? In truth, it feels liberating..."

Stephos recites:

"Was so rewarding. It's finally come to pass. I have bent the shadows to my form, stepped through them, even walked upon the sacred ground of Koar's altar. I was alive as I tore the Deacon open. It was far more exhilarating than any death before. From the shadows, I can render flesh so easily perhaps even poison just as effortlessly..."

Stephos flips through the parchment pieces.

Stephos says, "Only one left."

Stephos recites:

"Quinshon has told me to be prepared. When Octaven comes, and the ritual with my mother and Shinann is completed, we will quickly depart amidst the chaos. We will need to travel by foot, since the Talon may bring about adverse effects moving through the shadows with it at this time. He's arranged transport to Phannus, then into the Sea. He will take a new name, and I as well. I've chosen to honor my mother's middle name. I will be Rachel."

Irar scowls.

Evia grunts.

Ulkov blinks.

Hapenlok glances sharply at Stephos.

Pookia's jaw drops.

Thrassus ponders.

Xannorath hoots.

Stephos just closed a soot-covered grey sack.

Madmountan gasps.

Xorus raises an eyebrow.

Rarr blinks.

Speaking to Stephos, Raelee says, "... no."

Stephos says, "That is all of them."

Stephos peers quizzically at Raelee.

Stephos says, "No what."

Raelee asks, "Rachel?"

You repeat, "Rachel, hmm."

Ysharra says, "Is that so."

Stephos shrugs.

Rarr furrows her brow.

Evia says, "Hnn."

Speaking to Raelee, Maylan asks, "You know this name?"

Cruxophim sardonically remarks, "That worked out well."

Kayse furrows her brow.

Stephos says, "Seems a pretty drab name."

Hapenlok says, "Rachel....Raz-"

Ysharra says, "So."

You absently say, "Well. Now that all makes sense."

You nod at Hapenlok.

Evia says, "Seems somehow...."

Dergoatean nods at Hapenlok.

Ysharra says, "She was pushed back in time."

Raelee says, "Raznel."

Evia rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Ysharra says, "And she'll re-emerge."

Arnylon nods at Raelee.

Hapenlok says, "We ....."

Madmountan says, "Naimorai is Raznel? Timestreams give me a headache."

Ysharra says, "And now you all know why she hates us so much."

Maylan asks, "Well they sound similar enough, I spose?"

Ulkov nods in agreement at Madmountan.

Dergoatean says, "Definitely called that one."

Ysharra says, "Because we made her."

You say, "More precisely... she's already re-emerged before."

Madmountan says, "I need Pylasar to explain this one to me, or should I say Peter."

Ysharra says, "Just now."

Chaoswynd nods slowly at Ysharra.

Katiesa nods slowly.

Dirra ponders.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Arnylon says, "And all the while you've been begging to kill her. She was before you the entire time."

Roblar nods.

Cruxophim calmly notes, "Seems we know where Raznel originated from, after all."

Albanus rubs his chin thoughtfully.

(Dergoatean looks disgustingly smug for a moment, before resuming an appropriately somber expression.)

With a disinterested gaze, Cruxophim examines his fingernails, idly picking at something for a moment before looking up with an impassive expression.

Ysharra nods at Cruxophim.

Evia says, "I seem so confused again."

Evia groans.

Maylan says, "I'm so confused."

Hapenlok glowers.

Screwing her eyes upward, Maylan glares at her offending hair and sighs. She closes her right eye, juts her chin out at an angle, and blows upward across her face, which causes Maylan's hair to flutter in the air for several seconds before falling back down and away from her eyes.

Cruxophim neutrally remarks, "Explains a lot, really."

You nod slowly at Cruxophim.

Maylan asks, "Does it??"

Speaking to Stephos, Irar asks, "That it?"

Ysharra asks, "We're all making Luukos' work, tonight, hm?"

Kayse shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Speaking calmly to Evia, Cruxophim explains, "Naimorai travelled through time and became Raznel, simply put."

Madmountan nods at Cruxophim.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Maylan says, "None of that makes sense."

Madmountan says, "Amazing."

Maylan looks about with a puzzled expression on her face.

Speaking nonchalantly to Evia, Cruxophim speculates, "She must have been cast back some number of years."

Hapenlok says, "And now I know why I was selected. both times."

Stephos says, "I am a simple man, I cannot follow."

Stephos offers Cruxophim a soot-covered grey sack.

Roblar deeply says, "Poor Pylasar."

Ysharra nods at Cruxophim.

Cruxophim accepts Stephos's grey sack.

Stephos says, "To you sir, the scraps of paper."

Evia exclaims, "Well!"

Roblar deeply says, "Loved dat wretch."

Cruxophim nods appreciatively at Stephos.

Mohrgan breathes, "Fascinating."

Speaking to Madmountan, Arnylon says, "You don't get to kill any of them it seems."

Roblar frowns.

Maylan says, "Aye, poor Peter."

Stephos says, "I trust you will make them known."

Kayse gives a sidelong glance at Cruxophim.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Ysharra says, "And she was corrupted by the Talon, her power and her bloodline."

Speaking calmly to Stephos, Cruxophim assures, "Of course. This should be public knowledge."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Ysharra says, "And then driven by her being forced into the void."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Chaoswynd says, "A strange sense of irony, really. To be framed by a person, because you were previously under the influence of the very same person. Almost a paradox, really."

Ysharra nods at Chaoswynd.

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Ysharra says, "That is interesting."

Hapenlok begins to twitch.

Maylan says, "My head hurts."

Pookia agrees with Maylan.

Speaking amusedly to Chaoswynd, Cruxophim agrees, "A rather delightful turn, I suspect."

Marijka says, "One can't help but admire the twisted propriety of that logic."

Pookia exasperatedly says, "So much to process.."

Holoni darkly says, "Threats that even though seem to have been slain, passing their skill-set down to younger ones, only to carry the torch."

Stephos says, "Goodnight all. I feel as if I may sleep for days..."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Chaoswynd says, "Certainly an interesting twist."

Stephos chuckles.

Cerridween seems puzzled.

Stephos bows.

Lord Stephos just went through a varnished modwir door.