Meeting with the Mist: Our encounter with Ran'lock atop the Reach (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

The following meeting between a group of Landing adventurers and a mysterious blue-skinned woman occurred on the evening of the Huntress (4/8/16), beginning shortly after the young boy 'Jimmy' had gone missing, but before his body was ultimately discovered.

Posted by Eshielle

You say, "Might end up being a wild goose chase but the altar and the outpost seem to be linked somehow."

You say, "Worth checking."

Dergoatean nods.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you ask, "Have you learned anything new?"

You ask, "Are you conducting research in the tent with Raelee?"

Dergoatean says, "Raelee is working on other matters."

Dergoatean says, "I am primarily interested in the language."

You ask, "Tehir or Ithzir?"

Dergoatean says, "Ithzir."

Dergoatean says, "For example."

Dergoatean says, "Te: Goat. Ptath: Eshielle."

You ask, "Me, you?"

Dergoatean says, "I, you."

You nod slowly.

The air shimmers and for a moment a wave of heat ripples outward.

Dergoatean says, "Ti - my. pthata - your."

You ask, "Did you see that?"

Dergoatean says, "Yes. Heat."

Dergoatean says, "Aurach was scalded alive when he tried to contact them."

You say, "I suddenly regret volunteering for this."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you ask, "Are the grammar and syntax the same, as far as you know?"

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Impossible to say. I am making an assumption that they are similar."

A ledge comes into view and the cab grinds to a clunky halt.

Dergoatean says, "If I'm right, it means I can make some progress."

Dergoatean says, "If I'm wrong, then I'm no worse off than I was before making the assumption."

You ask, "Shall we?"

Dergoatean nods to you.

[Melgorehn's Reach, Moon Chamber]
You are in a vast, domed enclosure cut from the native rock of the mountain. The floor is perfectly smooth but the vaulted ceiling is chiseled in an array of gothic designs. In the center of the room sits a single onyx altar. You also see a brilliant moon beam shining in through a hole in the ceiling and striking the surface of the altar and a round shaft cut into the floor of the chamber.
Also here: Sareyna, Dergoatean
Obvious exits: out

>You [Local]: "We've reached the peak."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "Any idea what this place actually is? Some people say it's the final resting place of one of the ancient drakes..."

You say, "Doesnt look like any grave I've ever seen..."

(Eshielle slowly circles the onyx altar.)

Dergoatean says, "Seems like a good guess to me."

Dergoatean says, "Melgorehn, though."

Dergoatean asks, "Some kind of crazy wizard?"

You shake your head, totally at a loss.

You say, "No idea."

Dergoatean says, "I gather he made some headway toward controlling time and distance."

You say, "To be honest I'm glad you're here. Even if something happened up here I'm not sure I'd grasp the full significance of it."

>Maylan [Local]: "Did everyone see the light?"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "No light in here. We ARE in a chamber, of course."

>You [Local]: "Nothing to report from the reach as yet. Save for some shimmering light and unexplained waves of heat on the way up."

>Rowmi [Local]: "Who is on the Reach presently?"

>You [Local]: "Dergoatean, Sareyna, and myself."

>Rowmi [Local]: "Do please keep us informed, miss?"

>You [Local]: "If anything happens you'll be the first to know."

>Dergoatean [Local]: "Well, besides us."

>Rowmi [Local]: "Thank you."

Dergoatean takes a deep breath.

Dergoatean slowly empties his lungs.

(Dergoatean closes his eyes.)

Dergoatean recites:

"Te klaloc lethi ram lette."

You give a sidelong glance at Dergoatean.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Some kind of greeting. Or common saying."

You nod slowly.

You say, "I only caught the "I"."

You grin crookedly.

Dergoatean says, "Me too, to be honest."

You ask, "D'ya know what the other words mean?"

Dergoatean says, "I have just seen it used in context."

You say, "Let's hope we got the context right..."

>Maylan [Local]: "We are hearing metallic whispering here at the Outpost."

Dergoatean says, "Some example ideas, though - I am here and there. I am past and future. I am old and wise I control life and death."

>Kayse [Local]: "We're hearing it at the grocer."

>Stormyrain [Local]: "Here in town also."

>Dergoatean [Local]: "Nothing on the Reach. Please record any words you can discern, and their context."

>Shinann [Local]: "I am hearing a metallic whispering in the Mews."

Dergoatean says, "Something that represents the ethos or pride of a race, nation, or species."

You say, "Of those, the last one seems to fit the most cleanly, assuming the syntax is the same."

Dergoatean says, "Assuming."

Speaking distractedly to Dergoatean, you say, "Still... "I control life and death" is a pretty odd form of greeting. More like a boast."

Dergoatean says, "An introduction more than a greeting."

You say, "I wonder if they'd take their own arrogance as insulting when spoken by such as us."

Dergoatean says, "Here is the context in which we've heard it."

Dergoatean says, "By a seer, steadying itself as it rises back to its feet."

Dergoatean says, "By Glethad, quoting in some unknown context."

Dergoatean says, "Heard at this very mountain, during an apparent introduction with Stone."

>You [Local]: "Nothing unusual up here. Not even the whispering."

>Dergoatean [Local]: "We may be in the only safe spot in Great Wehnimer's right now."

You say, "The seer rising to its feet sounds more like... someone trying to talk themselves up"

Dergoatean says, "Right. Exactly."

The air begins to shimmer.

A boom of thunder can be heard outside.

You hear a voice. Young. "Please..please...what...what are you...."

Dergoatean says, "I guess you saw that too."

You blink.

>Dergoatean [Local]: "I think we hear Jimmy"

>You [Local]: "We're hearing voices here, now."

Sareyna says, "The child."

You ask, "Jimmy?"

>Maylan [Local]: "You heard the child?"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "He's afraid."

>Stormyrain [Local]: "Nothing here in town."

You hear a metallic voice and the scream of a boy!

You frown.

You belt out, "Jimmy?!"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "He screams! Metallic voice!"

You fully extend your wings and cautiously study your surroundings.

>Maylan [Local]: "Oh dear. Is he...on the other side then?"

>You [Local]: "We can hear him but cannot see him. It seems likely."

Sareyna says, "Come to our voices child."

You ask, "Jimmy? Can you hear us?"

Dergoatean yells, "Jimmy!"

>Lasindriel [Local]: "I could hear the people on the reach, can Jimmy hear you?"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "No evidence of that yet."

>You [Local]: "You heard us? We don't know... we only heard him for an instant and then he screamed. Nothing since."

The air shimmers and for a brief moment, you see a young dark-haired boy crouching with his back up against a tree, as three silvery-blue robed figures approach him. In one of the figure's hands they are carrying a slender crystal tube with tiny streams of blood inside.

The sound of rain plinking comes from outside.

You blink.

You ask, "Did you see that?"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "We see some things. He is possibly getting the Lasindriel treatment right now."

Dergoatean nods to you.

Sareyna says, "Yes."

Dergoatean says, "Maybe they implanted something in his neck as well."

>Maylan [Local]: "If that is the case then hopefully he will be returned to us soon."

You ask, "The tree... do you recognize the landscape at all?"

Dergoatean shakes his head.

>Stormyrain [Local]: "Uhm. That doesn't look natural."

>You [Local]: "Huh?"

>Dergoatean [Local]: "What's going on?"

>Siierra [Local]: "Slowly padding through the streets of town, a young dark-haired boy walks past some buildings, a distant look in his eyes. Many townspeople move aside, and a few dogs begin barking at the boy wildly!"

>Rowmi [Local]: "The boy perhaps has been returned, we are searching for him."

>Maylan [Local]: "The dark-haired boy slowly moves towards the north gate of town, his eyes pupiless and blue."

The floor trembles as rolling thunder resounds outside.

>Irar [Local]: "The boy suddenly tries to speak, but then collapses into a heap inside the north gates."

>Puptilian [Local]: "Can one of the town militia bring the mom to the North Gate please?"

>Maylan [Local]: "The corpse is that of a young dark-haired boy with a faint smattering of freckles along his cheeks. He looks unharmed, with no visible injuries to indicate the cause of death."

>Maylan [Local]: "the dead child is at the north gates for anyone looking"

You say, "They found the kid dead outside the north gate. No obvious injuries."

You frown.

>Irar [Local]: "A young human corpse twitches, rivulets of blue blood seeping out of his eyes."

Dergoatean says, "Jimmy sounds like a sight to behold."

You say, "Feel free to head down and observe."

Dergoatean nods.

A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.

You say, "I think I'll remain a bit longer just in case, I'm no use down there anyway."

Dergoatean says, "Let me know if we should head back up."

You nod at Dergoatean.

You sit down.

Dergoatean just went out.

Dergoatean just arrived.

You cock your head at Dergoatean.

Dergoatean says, "Cab isn't there."

Dergoatean says, "Can't do much about it."

You nod.

>Maylan [Local]: "Riftworms!"

>Irar [Local]: "Riftworms just burst out of the corpse"

You furrow up your face and wince.

Ashnak just arrived.

You nod to Ashnak in greeting.

Ashnak bows.

Dergoatean nods at Ashnak.

Ashnak asks, "Any activity up here?"

Speaking to Ashnak, Dergoatean says, "It's been quiet up here, since we saw a few visions of Jimmy."

Dergoatean says, "I was thinking of going back down."

You say, "They murdered a child and implanted him with riftworms? How horrible."

>Archales [Local]: "Maybe he died in a temporal rift and the worms were just attracted to the fresh corpse."

You say, "Apparently Lasindriel could hear us near the grocer momentarily."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Interesting."

>You [Local]: "Maybe. Our vision suggests he was assaulted in some way."

Sareyna says, "Remember they had several tubes of blood as they approached the child."

You say, "They could have extracted that blood FROM the child, we have no idea when that vision took place."

A wall of mist forms on a side of the Moon Chamber.

You blink.

You say, "What... is that."

The wall of mist appears to be slowly churning, and a slender silvery-robed figure can be seen within its depths, obscured by the fog.

You stare at a wall of mist.

You stand back up.

You say, "I see a figure in the mist."

You say, "Look."

You point at a wall of mist.

Dergoatean says, "A wall..."

Ashnak says, "A silvery-robed figure.."

Speaking insistently to Dergoatean, you say, "Try your greeting."

Ashnak stares at a wall of mist.

>You [Local]: "There is a wall of mist in the altar room, we can see a silvery-robed figure standing within."

Dergoatean recites:

"Te klaloc lethi ram lette"

>Stormyrain [Local]: "Ungh. Careful, if you can see him--and it's Grishom--you can bet he can see you, too."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Te klaloc lethi ram lette."

Dergoatean recites:

"Te - Goat. ...Ptath?"

You give a sidelong glance at Dergoatean.

>You [Local]: "It is conversing in Dergotean in what seems to be Ithziri."

>Stormyrain [Local]: "..and if you can guard your minds--especially Goat--I would."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock."

Dergoatean says, "That's about as far as I can get."

You fold your wings across your back.

Dergoatean recites:

"Aralyte klaloc cra issar le tenek sra."

You close your eyes and listen intently to Dergoatean, faintly sensing his energy in the back of your mind.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "Perhaps he will come onto the ledge a bit... we've made an effort."

You gaze with interest at a wall of mist.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Hopefully this is not going worse than it looks like it is."

You frown at Dergoatean.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "All we can do is try, and embrace the folly of good intentions..."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "Perhaps... through gestures...? We've apparently piqued its curiosity..."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Te klaloc lethi ram lette."

You mutter, "That phrase again..."

Ashnak whispers to the group, "Goat, are you piecin words together, or just mimickin phrases that were written down?"

You whisper, "Seems a bit of both." to your group.

A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Mostly just mimicking. Te - I. Ptath - You. Don't know otherwise."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Nok nak, Aralyte?"

Eshielle stands frozen in place, uncertain what to do and unwilling to exacerbate the situation.

Sareyna asks, "Who is Aralyte maybe?"

You shake your head, totally at a loss.

Dergoatean says, "Or 'do you know Aralyte?'."

Dergoatean recites:

"Aralyte is an ally."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Nok nak, Aralyte?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

>You [Local]: "Aurach can you hear me?"

Dergoatean recites:

"Aralyte: Ledo patan rena tilnak tenek klaloc de lenath."

You hear the faint whisper of Aurach saying, "Yes."

You say, "Perhaps Aurach knows the meaning of this phase, Nok Nak."

You say, "I will ask."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Nok nak. Nok nak. Nok Aralyte."

You quietly whisper to Dergoatean, "Aurach suggests saying the word Koh."

You shrug your shoulders, lifting your wings slightly.

Dergoatean whispers, "It's a strong word."

Dergoatean recites:

"Aralyte koh?"

You shift your weight.

>You (Focused to Aurach) [Local]: "If you can get here, we could use you."

Ashnak whispers to the group, "We'll soon be reduced to sayin 'cup' and pointin at a cup. Just to get started."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Aralyte?"

You chuckle at Ashnak.

You whisper, "So goes the art of translation..." to your group.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "It would be easier if Aurach were here."

You whisper, "I'm trying..." to your group.

Dergoatean points at himself.

Dergoatean recites:

"Te Goat."

Dergoatean points at Ashnak.

Dergoatean recites:

"Ashnak"

Dergoatean points at Sareyna.

Dergoatean recites:

"Sareyna"

Dergoatean points at you!

Dergoatean recites:

"Eshielle"

You fully extend your wings and eye a wall of mist cautiously.

Dergoatean recites:

"Ichon? Alekna?"

>Stormyrain [Local]: "For the love of Jastev. We are coming."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock."

You hear the faint whisper of Aurach saying, "Coming."

Dergoatean recites:

"Ptath Ran'lock."

You quietly whisper to Dergoatean, "Aurach is coming."

Dergoatean nods.

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock."

You ponder.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you observe, "He isn't saying Te Ran'lock... could be anything..."

(Dergoatean gestures welcomingly with his arms, indicating that Ran'lock should consider joining the group in the Moon Chamber.)

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Ichon or Alekna may have been names - Ran'lock may be correcting me."

You cock your head.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "But you're right. I could be entirely wrong here."

You say, "I wish there were a way to put him at ease."

(Dergoatean holds holds out his arms, palms out. It's clear he has no weapons.)

The figure raises a hand within the mist, almost as if reaching out, but never departing from within the shroud of fog.

Dergoatean bows.

You smile.

Dergoatean bows to a wall of mist.

>You [Local]: "When you come in, please be calm and quiet, we're making progress here and do not want to scare off our guest."

You give a sidelong glance at Dergoatean.

In a strange gesture, you bow to a wall of mist.

(Dergoatean slowly walks towards the mist. Arms still out, but not within reach of the hand within the mist.)

Sareyna bows to a wall of mist.

>Rowmi (Focused) [Local]: "Who exactly is your guest?"

(Dergoatean continues forward slowly, and is now within a step of the mist.)

>You (Focused to Rowmi) [Local]: "Don't know. A silver-robed figure speaking Ithzeri within a wall of mist. We think he's calling himself Ran'lock."

Rowmi (Focused) [Local]: "What has he been saying?"

(Dergoatean kneels, but does not lower his head.)

Dergoatean kneels down.

>You (Focused to Rowmi) [Local]: "He says Ran'lock... and also says Nok nak, Aralyte."

You hear the faint whisper of Aurach saying, "En route."

>You (Focused to Rowmi) [Local]: "And repeated Dergotean's greeting."

(Dergoatean holds out his right hand, palm up, within inches of the mist, but does not reach into the mist itself.)

Ashnak whispers to the group, "Kneelin seems risky."

Speaking hesitantly to a wall of mist, you venture, "Aurach?"

Dergoatean nods.

(Dergoatean brings his left hand slowly to his chest.)

You glance between Dergoatean and a wall of mist.

Dergoatean recites:

"Goat."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock."

Dergoatean adopts an agreeable expression.

Dergoatean says, "Nice to meet you."

You hear the faint whisper of Aurach saying, "We are coming as fast as we can."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "What was the full phrase that we heard stone say? The last bit about an alliance might be useful."

Dergoatean says, "I was just thinking that."

Ashnak whispers to the group, "And advertise that we heard their conversation?"

You blink.

Ashnak squints.

You whisper, "That's true..." to your group.

Dergoatean says, "Tiu, Ran'lock."

You whisper, "Unless they meant for us to hear it..." to your group.

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Trok nak lette lek."

You whisper, "You know that does suggest that the Ithzir speak Tehiri... Stone spoke to them in that language, yes? Does anyone here speak Tehir?" to your group.

>You [Local]: "Is anyone coming up who speaks Tehiri?"

Ashnak looks over at you and shakes his head.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "I have a very small phrase book."

>Stormyrain [Local]: "Yes."

You whisper, "Better than nothing?" to your group.

>Stormyrain [Local]: "We're trying to get there."

You nod encouragingly at Dergoatean.

>Hadya [Local]: "I am."

>Xorus [Local]: "What did they say?"

Dergoatean asks, "Pthata "moni" ... Ran'lock?"

>You [Local]: "Nothing in Tehiri yet, but judging from what we heard before it's reasonable to assume they understand it."

>You [Local]: "We're not getting very far with Ithziri."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Dergoatean says, "Ti "moni" Goat."

You whisper, "I think perhaps it might be prudent if we all sat.... it's not the safest option but when the others come rushing in I don't want our friend here to panic." to your group.

You glance at a wall of mist.

You sit down.

Ashnak whispers to the group, "I wouldn't just repeat my name when given gibberish phrases. Ran'lock could just a easily mean 'That's nonsense'."

You nod absently at Ashnak.

Sareyna kneels down.

Dergoatean asks, "Ran'lock loji yuvi? Ran'lock loji eizh?"

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Possible. Going with the best I've got, unfortunately."

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Ranlock brings life? Ranlock brings death?"

You whisper, "Doing more than we could have, Goat. Keep it up." to your group.

Ashnak sits down.

You whisper, "He didn't respond to Aurach's name. I was hoping he was a known figure." to your group.

Sareyna gazes with interest at a wall of mist.

Dergoatean whispers, "Aurach himself has said it's perhaps best not to bring him up."

You frown.

You whisper, "Remind me to apologize to him, again, then." to your group.

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Ran'lock loji eizh."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You whisper, "Does that mean what I think it means?" to your group.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Death."

>(The message was relayed to the net)

>Maylan [Local]: "That sounds bad."

>You [Local]: "It does, doesn't it."

Dergoatean frowns.

Jiarine just arrived.

(Dergoatean inches back a bit from the mist.)

Jiarine casually observes her surroundings.

You quietly whisper to Jiarine, "Calmly, please."

You quietly whisper to Jiarine, "Join us."

You whisper, "Can you ask him... why... he brings death?" to your group.

Jiarine inclines her ear, listening intently.

You whisper, "Or to whom? Or does "bringing death" mean something different to the ithzir or the tehiri." to your group.

You whisper, "After all the greeting you said before is just as confusing." to your group.

Dergoatean nods.

Jiarine gazes with interest at a wall of mist.

You twitch your wings ever so slightly.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "I'm short on grammar words here."

You nod understandingly at Dergoatean.

Jiarine reaches out and touches a wall of mist.

You whisper, "Well he's not leaving... that's something." to your group.

Dergoatean says, "Goat qietz rievi."

Speaking to Jiarine, you say, "Be careful."

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Goat wishes life."

Dergoatean says, "We are speaking with Ran'lock. He makes death."

You uncertainly say, "...maybe."

Dergoatean says, "Maybe."

You grin slowly.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you suggest, "It could just be a statement of purpose? He could be... a warrior, for example."

You say, "A warrior makes death..."

You say, "Not necessarily threatening."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Indeed."

Jiarine says, "I still suggest someone animate a dead ithzir and bring it up here."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Eizh loji rievi."

Dergoatean says, "Death makes life."

You cock your head.

You ask, "A forest fire clears grounds for new saplings, sort of thing?"

Speaking to Dergoatean, you suggest, "A cycle?"

Jiarine amusedly says, "We had the fire earlier."

Dergoatean says, "And then..."

Dergoatean asks, "Rievi... loji eizh?"

Sareyna says, "Caught that one."

From within the mist, a metallic voice says, "Eizh loji rievi."

Dergoatean furrows his brow.

Ashnak whispers to the group, "Jiarine and Irinine, if either of you know someone who speaks Teheri, we could use their help."

Irinine whispers to the group, "I do not know anyone."

You whisper, "Stormy apparently speaks it, they are on their way." to your group.

You whisper, "The best we can do is remain calm and keep him talking." to your group.

Jiarine glances at Sareyna.

Jiarine whispers to the group, "Unless I am mistaken she is of those tribes."

(Dergoatean indicates one hand, then the other, while speaking, as if to query whether the two phrases he speaks are equvalent.)

Dergoatean asks, "Te klaloc... Iebri?"

Ashnak glances at Sareyna.

The metallic voice within the mist seems to change slightly, beginning to slow down, sounding more common. It slightly resembles Dergoatean's voice, "Goat."

You blink.

You say, "Uh."

Sareyna says, "Mimicking."

Dergoatean says, "Mimicking, but perhaps confirming, too."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "Or an effort to find a middle ground."

Dergoatean adopts an agreeable expression.

Irinine quietly says, "It is how one learns to speak the language of another, or to confirm they want to communicate."

Irinine nods to you.

Dergoatean asks, "Anyone have a metal tube?"

You grin at Dergoatean.

You say, "I was having the same thought."

You chuckle.

Jiarine says, "Yes since I carry one of those everywhere with me."

Jiarine rolls her eyes.

Dergoatean removes some spiked mithril leg greaves from in his black and white longcoat.

Dergoatean removes some polished glaes arm greaves from in his black and white longcoat.

(Dergoatean cups his two sets of greaves together to form a makeshift metallic tube.)

You whisper, "When the others arrive I suggest we maintain Dergoatean as the one to convey our ideas. It's best not to overwhelm Ran'lock." to your group.

You whisper, "Maintain a single point of contact." to your group.

Dergoatean says, "Ptath moni Ran'lock."

Rowmi just arrived.

Stormyrain's group just arrived.

Dergoatean smiles.

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Stormyrain swears under her breath.

Evia sighs.

You touch one finger to your lips.

You say, "Calm, friends."

Rowmi gazes thoughtfully at a wall of mist.

Hadya cocks her head.

You say, "Please."

(Maylan reamins still and quiet.)

Evia makes a shushing sound!

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly whispers aloud something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "We are communicating with Ran'lock, best we can tell."

Dergoatean says, "He seems open to attempts at a shared language."

Aurach nods respectfully.

Speaking to Sareyna, Dergoatean says, "Please tell us what you have said."

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

You softly say, "Goat has made something of a connection with him... i suggest we continue communicating through him rather than individually bombarding Ran'lock with questions."

The metallic voice within the mist seems to change slightly, beginning to slow down, sounding more common. It slightly resembles Dergoatean's voice, "Goat."

Kayse blinks.

Stormyrain's concentration shifts and becomes more focused as she slightly tilts an ear in a particular direction.

Shinann raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Sareyna, Dergoatean asks, "What did you say?"

Speaking in Tehir to Hadya, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Lasindriel ponders.

(Dergoatean offers a slight, calm smile to the wall of mist.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says something you don't understand.

Stormyrain folds her hands behind her back.

Stormyrain squints at a wall of mist.

Speaking quietly to Kayse, Lasindriel asks, "Ichon, alekna, it kept saying to me when it was trying to sound human. Maybe that was its name? Ichon?"

Kayse nods in agreement at Lasindriel.

Speaking to Lasindriel, Dergoatean says, "When asked about Ichon, Alekna, he said Ral'nock."

Kayse ponders.

Dergoatean says, "I think he was correcting me on his name."

Lylia nods slightly.

The pitter-patter of rain can be heard outside.

Speaking in Tehir to Hadya, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

You say, "He seemed very interested in Aralyte."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "I wish I could've followed it better."

Dergoatean removes a tri-chained silver necklace from in his black leather backpack.

Lylia raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Repeated "Nok nak, Aralyte" several times."

You say, "And another phrase I didn't catch."

Lylia removes a brilliant red soulstone suspended by a frayed leather cord from in her wrap.

Jiarine says, "If you really want to translate their language you should send to someone in the City since they are closest to the damn things."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia asks something you don't understand.

(Dergoatean holds up his silver necklace, toward the mist.)

Speaking doubtfully to Jiarine, you say, "Not sure we have that kind of time."

Speaking in Tehir to Hadya, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Aurach softly says, "Already done, several days past."

Dergoatean says, "Ral'nock, Goat, give..."

(Dergoatean offers his necklace to the mist.)

The silvery-robed figure steps closer within the mist. Slender arms reach up and pull down the hood of her robe, revealing her blue skin and pupil-less green eyes. As the sleeves fall back from her arms, you can see whorls of golden symbols carved into her blue skin up and down the arms.

Stormyrain raises her eyebrow, the dark bloodjewel half-ring set within only enhancing her skeptical expression.

Drektor furrows his brow.

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Aurach nods respectfully to a wall of mist.

(Dergoatean holds steady, eyes fixed on the figure, as calm an expression as he can keep on his face.)

(Lasindriel backs up.)

(Rowmi's eyebrows twitch up curiously as he stares unabashed at the figure in the mist.)

Lasindriel's face turns slightly pale.

Kayse glances between Lasindriel and a wall of mist.

From within the mist, Dergoatean's voice says, "Aralyte?"

You say, "That... is most unsettling."

Ramith says, "Oh my..."

Kayse adopts an agreeable expression.

The figure's solid green eyes look at the brilliant red soulstone, more curious than anything.

Dergoatean says, "We spoke of Aralyte earlier."

Aurach softly says, "They seek her as well."

Lylia nods.

Speaking to Lylia, Dergoatean says, "Perhaps step forward slowly."

Dergoatean nods at Lylia.

Lylia smiles tentatively at the robed figure and holds the soulstone aloft. 

(Dergoatean indicates the soulstone.)

Dergoatean says, "Aralyte."

Hadya quietly says, "She is Lost Ran'lock."

You feel a faint pressure building on the sides of your head.

Hadya ponders.

You furrow up your face and wince.

Hadya winces.

A pained expression crosses Irar's face.

Lylia closes her eyes for a moment.

You say, "O..ww..."

Jiarine narrows her eyes.

Shinann winces.

Kayse furrows her brow.

Maylan says, "I...i feel pressure."

Lasindriel winces.

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Siierra wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Dergoatean frowns.

Jiarine mutters, "Get out of my head."

From within the mist, Dergoatean's voice says, "Aralyte?"

Maylan asks, "Others as well?"

You shake your head at a wall of mist.

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Lylia tilts her red soulstone side to side, making the light play off it.

Lasindriel rests her hands on the hilts of her sheathed weapons.

Dergoatean says, "Aralyte klaloc cra issar le tenek sra."

Lasindriel scowls at a wall of mist.

(Jiarine touches both of her temples while staring at the wall of mist.)

From within the mist, Dergoatean's voice says, "Ran'lock."

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Cruxophim just arrived.

From within the mist, Dergoatean's voice says, "Aralyte?"

Cruxophim gazes thoughtfully at a wall of mist.

Hadya quietly says, "Balee."

You shake your head, totally at a loss.

Hadya quietly says, "Aralyte."

Cruxophim shakes his head, totally at a loss.

(Dergoatean drops his arms, withdrawing the necklace, while looking towards the soulstone Lylia holds.)

Cruxophim takes a moment to observe a wall of mist.

Sir Metadi just arrived.

Hadya quietly says, "Sushina Arylte."

(Lylia holds the soulstone up to her neck like a pendant, resting it there. She then takes her hands and pushes her hair back to imitate a sleekly shaved head.)

Dergoatean agrees with Lylia.

Speaking hesitantly to Dergoatean, you ask, "Are you sure that's a good idea...?"

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "No."

Cruxophim chuckles to himself.

Blood drips from Hadya's nose.

>(15,000 concerned glances at Hadya)

Speaking to Hadya, Stormyrain whispers aloud, "You're bleeding from the nose, there."

Speaking softly to a wall of mist, Aurach asks, "Aralyte Koh?"

Speaking to Aurach, Dergoatean says, "Tried that one."

Dergoatean nods at Aurach.

Aurach nods at Dergoatean.

(Hadya touches her nose gingerly.)

Lasindriel asks, "Rek na, rek na, tandok? How bout that one?"

A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.

Blood drips from Sareyna's nose.

>(16,000 concerned glances at Sareyna)

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "I was so hoping we'd get some kind of yes or no word from him."

You say, "Not sure I'd suggest just spitting random phrases at her."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia corrects something you don't understand.

Metadi asks, "Her?"

Metadi glances at a wall of mist.

You nod slowly at Metadi.

Blood drips from Sareyna's nose.

Blood drips from Hadya's nose.

Hadya quietly says, "Balee, Sushina Aralyte."

Lasindriel says, "Tis simply what she said to me."

Lylia indicates her red soulstone with a smile.

Hadya quietly says, "I told him that she is lost."

Dergoatean says, "Her, yes."

Ashnak asks, "Our two Tehir are bleedin... any others?"

Stormyrain asks, "Mayhaps she is trying to learn their language?"

Hadya quietly says, "IT is trying to speak to me."

You nod slowly.

Hadya quietly says, "Through my mind..."

Dergoatean says, "It was clear when she stepped forward a bit."

Speaking to Stormyrain, you say, "The blood and memories seem to be a side effect of their forced connection..."

You say, "Harm may not be the intent."

Stormyrain nods slowly to you.

Hadya quietly says, "It.."

Hadya quietly says, "It says too many things."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Otu tzi, Aralyte?"

Speaking softly in Faendryl to a wall of mist, Aurach says something you don't understand.

Aurach looks exceedingly pleased with himself.

Dergoatean says, "Otu and tzi are words we've never heard."

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Aurach taps a lor triskele inset with three ebon-veined scarlet despanals that he is wearing.

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Otu tzi, Aralyte?"

Dergoatean asks, "Or, well, was that Tehir?"

Dergoatean glances at Hadya.

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus asks something you don't understand.

Xorus asks, "It means Who she, Aralyte?"

Your face goes blank.

Dergoatean says, "Yes, I've caught up with my phrasebook."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "A lot of interest if she doesn't even know who Aralyte was..."

Dergoatean says, "I agree."

Dergoatean nods to you.

Shinann agrees with you.

Jiarine says, "Will all of the experts here I might just ask my next Ithzir task to tea so we can gossip."

Speaking amusedly to Jiarine, you say, "I don't see any outcome to that situation I dislike."

Dergoatean says, "I guess she is not acquainted."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Ashnak says, "So 'nak nok' may be something like 'don't know'."

You nod in agreement at Ashnak.

Speaking to Ashnak, Dergoatean says, "Very possible."

Lylia hesitantly says, "Tzi...lost. Behind the -- the fiier. The veil."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Uodi Ran'lock."

Speaking calmly to Dergoatean, Cruxophim asks, "Translator?"

Dergoatean says, "So she is definitely Ran'lock."

Dergoatean says, "Tiu, Ran'lock."

Dergoatean nods.

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Hadya quietly says, "My head hurts."

Hadya quietly says, "I cannot focus."

Aurach ponders.

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Uodi Ran'lock."

Hadya quietly says, "Uodi Hadya."

Dergoatean says, "Ran'lock krai."

Kayse glances between Dergoatean and Hadya.

Cruxophim quietly mutters, "Well, repetition seems to be helping."

Dergoatean says, "Ran'lock is blue... just trying to establish whatever I can."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Tiu."

You blink.

Shinann ponders.

Aurach turns an ear toward a wall of mist.

You ask, "If she speaks Tehiri can we simply ask her if her name is Ran'lock?"

Dergoatean says, "Hadya can't concentrate enough."

You say, "There are others here who speak the language..."

Ashnak points at Sareyna.

Dergoatean nods.

Dergoatean asks, "Any volunteers?"

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Lodduoji qyeke huid."

Lylia says, "Qyeke...blood?"

Speaking softly in Faendryl to a wall of mist, Aurach asks something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "Marriage, blood, power."

You ponder.

You ask, "Is she suggesting a union?"

Metadi asks, "With who?"

You shrug your shoulders, lifting your wings slightly.

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Lodduoji ot qyeke o huid."

Lasindriel asks, "Maybe ask em why they are killing children?"

Lasindriel folds her arms over her chest.

Hadya quietly says, "Balee."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to a wall of mist, Aurach asks something you don't understand.

Dergoatean asks, "Ran'lock lodduoji lovib keke?"

Speaking to Lasindriel, you say, "Death might not be the intent... We know very little. it could be the shock of their attempts to learn were simply too much for the boy."

Hadya quietly says, "I speak a few dialects. This is the one I struggle with most."

Lylia nods at Hadya.

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Lovid ot qyeke."

Xorus says, "Master of blood."

>(17 billion surprised reactions)

Lylia says, "That phrase, I recall."

Shinann nods.

You quietly whisper to Dergoatean, "Does she have us confused with stone?"

Dergoatean says, "Master of blood being how Stone introduced himself in Tehir."

Dergoatean whispers, "Or is she telling us about him?"

Speaking softly in Faendryl to a wall of mist, Aurach asks something you don't understand.

You shrug at Dergoatean.

Metadi says, "Hmm. As a practicioner o' flesh golems, that would make some sense."

Speaking to Hadya, Stormyrain asks, "Is Stone asking them to give their blood? And promising things in return?"

You quietly whisper to Dergoatean, "If she thinks we're stone, that explains the patience, and the suggested union."

Dergoatean says, "Except... Lovid is a female master."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Thadston?"

>(No less than 17 surprised reactions)

Aurach softly asks, "I asked nak nok thadston?"

Hadya quietly asks, "Aralyte? Lovid?"

Shinann nods at Aurach.

Speaking in Tehir to Hadya, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Aralyte?"

Xorus asks, "Aralyte. Biedi, eizh Grak'na'Den. Fiier qyeke, ru-izgohi?"

Jiarine takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Speaking to Xorus, Dergoatean asks, "Translation?"

Rowmi scrubs his hand over his shaven head in frustration.

You agree with Rowmi.

Ashnak whispers to the group, "How might you imply that the Master of Blood is not good for an alliance?"

Xorus says, "I am telling her Aralyte killed Althedeus, and needs to escape from the blood world."

Xorus says, "Grak'na'Den is the Ithzir word for him."

You whisper, "Honestly we don't know what's going on here... She might have us confused with servants of Stone's, or she might be trying to tell us about him." to your group.

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Keep in mind she referred to the FEMALE master of blood."

Rowmi whispers to the group, "The simple problem of that is, he is very much good for an alliance. The price is the problem."

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Only a problem for some."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Lovid ot keke in-gtomei rome huieb ort keke."

Zarston just arrived.

Zarston pants.

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Language is all very... complicated."

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna says something you don't understand.

Rowmi whispers to the group, "I am admittedly lost. Without feeling emotion or thought, this is gibberish to me."

The voice turns metallic again, slightly startled, "Grak'na'Den."

>(Oh mah gah, everyone so surprise)

Cruxophim uncertainly ventures, "Grak'na'Den?"

A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.

Lasindriel asks, "What is that?"

Xorus says, "Grak'na'Den is their word for Althedeus."

Dergoatean says, "Master (female) of blood trades (male) land (male) power (male) ort keke (blood)"

Speaking neutrally to Xorus, Cruxophim states, "Interesting."

From within the mist, Hadya's voice says, "Lovib ot keke in-gtomei rome huieb ort keke."

Xorus says, "Aralyte loji eizh Grak'na'Den."

Dergoatean nods at Xorus.

The floor trembles as rolling thunder resounds outside.

Blood begins to seep from Xorus' nose.

>(12 gnomes and a small dog expressed concern)

Xorus winces.

Dergoatean says, "Xorus said Aralyte makes death Althedeus."

Metadi glances at Xorus.

Speaking wryly to Dergoatean, Cruxophim suggests, "That could be taken a few different ways."

You say, "All of this could."

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly whispers aloud something you don't understand.

Cruxophim nods in agreement to you.

Xorus' eyes flicker and he twitches for a long moment.

Speaking to Kayse, Lasindriel says, "Maybe if they all got implanted with a nice crystal their noses wouldn't bleed from the effort."

Speaking to Lasindriel, Kayse says, "My nose didn't bleed either when I had the memory."

Metadi dryly remarks, "Well, interacting with Ithzir has always tended tae be a bloody affair. Why should it change now?"

Xorus' eyes flicker and he twitches for a long moment.

Speaking to Metadi, you say, "Because we wish it to."

Speaking to Metadi, Dergoatean says, "All ithzir may not be of the same intentions, nations, or customs... same as humans or elves."

Xorus says, "Memories..."

Aurach nods at Dergoatean.

Aurach softly says, "Excactly,"

Speaking wryly to you, Metadi says, "That was humor."

You chuckle at Metadi.

Speaking to Metadi, you say, "You're right. I'll have to work on that."

Metadi flashes a quick grin.

From within the mist, Sareyna's voice says, "Fizum Grak'na'Den eizh?"

>(A bunch of aimless shuffling)

From within the mist, Sareyna's voice says, "Fizum Grak'na'Den eizh?" The voice asks again, more loudly.

Dergoatean says, "Goat fizum Grak'na'Den eizh."

You quietly whisper to Dergoatean, "Fizum?"

Dergoatean says, "Fizum - see."

Xorus says, "They want to know that we saw Althedeus die."

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Hadya quietly says, "Balee."

Speaking in Tehir, Sareyna asks something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "Goat fizum Aralyte huid. Goat fizum Grak'na'Den eizh."

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Aurach nods at Dergoatean.

Speaking in Tehir, Hadya quietly says something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "Goat fizum Ithzir huid! Goat fizum Grak'na'Den eizh."

From within the mist, Sareyna's voice says, "Vozhib ot gir mu teur, eizh?"

Dergoatean asks, "Father of black heavens, dies?"

Dergoatean nods.

Xorus nods.

You ponder.

Dergoatean says, "Vozhib ot gir mu teur eizh."

You say, "Could be Althedeus? His realm could have been described that way."

You say, "Why two words for the same thing though..."

The blue-skinned woman within the mist smiles wide.

You blink at a wall of mist.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean asks, "Sometimes it's best to be redundant in situations of uncertain communication, right?"

You nod slowly at Dergoatean.

From within the mist, Sareyna's voice says, "Uodi zomjii."

Dergoatean says, "I thank you."

Lasindriel scowls at a wall of mist.

Xorus says, "The Ithzir were not admirers of him."

You say, "Gathered that much..."

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Lylia bows to a wall of mist.

(Rowmi reaches out and prods the wall of mist lightly with two fingers.)

Rowmi looks lost in thought.

Lylia haltingly says, "Aralyte duri, Grak'na'Den eizh."

Dergoatean asks, "Ral'nock loji eizh?"

From within the mist, the metallic voice says, "Jii rome loji huieb."

Aurach softly says, "Gtiere koa, Koh?"

Dergoatean says, "Your land makes power."

Dergoatean asks, "I think?"

You ponder.

Xorus agrees with Dergoatean.

You ask, "Land makes power.... Seems to be a common phrase there. Perhaps land refers to our area? And makes means... contains?"

You say, "Perhaps praising us for our power in handling Althedeus."

Evia says, "Or just this exact locale."

Evia gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Lylia quietly says, "It was not our power that handled Althedeus."

Rowmi thoughtfully notes, "Perhaps they mean it literally."

Dergoatean says, "Similar to 'your nation is powerful', yes."

You nod in agreement at Dergoatean.

Maylan agrees with Rowmi.

Speaking to Evia, you acquiesce, "Could be... but seems a random sentiment given the conversation."

Cruxophim diffidently notes, "They seem surprised to find that out, for travellers of the planes."

(Xorus hesitates for a moment and finally says, "I suspect the storms from the Reach may be affecting their skies as well.")

Xorus says, "Though I have no proof."

From within the mist, the metallic voice says, "Kol Tar'sken loji keke. Loji eizh."

Speaking to Xorus, Dergoatean says, "Hm. Maybe that would be why they are doing research."

Rowmi says, "Perhaps they mean, literally, this mountain is creating power, and ripping apart the veils."

Speaking to Cruxophim, you say, "That's true, there were Ithzir there, you'd think they would have known that Althedeus had fallen unless...."

Aurach turns an ear toward a wall of mist.

Dergoatean exclaims, "Kol Tarsken is maybe the one who made a deal with Stone!"

From within the mist, the metallic voice says, "Kol Tar'sken loji keke. Loji eizh."

Speaking curiously to Dergoatean, Cruxophim asks, "Who's Kol Tar'sken?"

You shake your head.

Dergoatean asks, "Kol Tar'sken ... moni ot Ithzir?"

From within the mist, the metallic voice says, "Loji eizh."

Xorus says, ".. makes blood, makes death."

Maylan glances over at Xorus and winces.

Cruxophim nods slowly at Xorus.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dergoatean says, "The voice which spoke to stone used those words, perhaps in an introduction."

Rowmi notes, "So, it seems the Ithzir have a powerful renegade of their own."

Siierra frets.

Speaking to Dergoatean, you say, "Kol Tar'sken makes blood... makes death. But didn't she say that she herself made death? I don't think that phrase means what we think it does."

Speaking to you, Dergoatean says, "Very true."

Dergoatean says, "But she didn't say she made blood."

Speaking haltingly to a wall of mist, you ask, "Ran'lock loji eizh?"

Dergoatean asks, "Ran'lock loji keke?"

The air begins to shimmer and the figure slowly steps back deeper into the mist.

Rowmi says, "Our Stone, their.. Kol Tar'Sken, allying."

Rowmi adds, "And whomever that was, warning us."

Speaking thoughtfully to himself, Rowmi murmurs, "Fascinating."

As the mist begins to slowly dissipate, the air shimmers and for a brief moment you see a tall whitewashed modwir fence. The image fades along with the mist.

Speaking softly to a wall of mist, Aurach says, "Qaiteke."

Dergoatean says, "Kol'Tarsken..."

Lylia murmurs, "Qaiteke."

Dergoatean says, "Damn it."

Rowmi blinks.

Drektor shifts his weight.

Stormyrain says, "I hope someone will pen this all into something that's more understandable than this cacophany of five different languages I don't know has been."

>(Gotcha covered Stormy... sort of.)

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Dergoatean says, "Vobriqi. Zomjii."

Shinann asks, "Where is that fence?"

Rowmi concernedly mutters, "Fence..."

You say, "A whitewashed wooden fence... reminds me a bit of solhaven."

Evia says, "Orphanage."

Balantine quietly asks, "The orphanage?"

Rowmi distantly says, "The children."

You say, "Oh."

You say, "Goodness you're right."

Shinann asks, "Should we check on them?"

You stand back up.

Lasindriel asks, "Perhaps we should get there quickly?"

>Jiarine [Local]: "The children in the orphanage are missing."

Stormyrain slowly empties her lungs.

Kayse gasps.

Dergoatean says, "Let's head down, then."

>Jiarine [Local]: "It was just screamed in the center of town."

>Rowmi [Local]: "No...no."

Stormyrain's eyes glaze over as she stares, unfocused, into the distance.

Xorus says, "Did they imply Kol Tar'sken is a person? If not it might be their word for the Star of Khar'ta."

Speaking to Xorus, Dergoatean says, "Excellent point."

You say, "Could be."

You sigh.

You say, "The children are missing."

Dergoatean says, "Te klaloc lethi ram lette. Kol Tar'sken."

Dergoatean says, "Let's catch the ride down."

You nod.

As you concentrate on your sigil, you feel yourself being whisked away...

Shortly after the conclusion of the meeting, a dozen of the Landing's orphans were abducted from their rooms within the Wellington Home, and a number of Ithziri agents attacked the town's defenders, but were ultimately defeated.

--This eyewitness account provided by Eshielle A'ren