The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
The TOUCH verb and its synonym PET allow the character to touch various objects.
- General verb help information
>verb info touch
Verb information for verb "TOUCH":
CATHEDRAL WEDDING - You reach over and gently trace a finger along (targets) cheek.
WAVEDANCER WEDDING - You absently run your fingers through (targets) hair.
STANDARD - You touch (target).
- You touch one finger to your lips.
- HELD OBJECT
- FIRST PERSON - You thumb your (object).
- OTHERS - Ghudhxe indicates his (object) with a smile.
- OTHER OBJECTS - You reach out and touch (object).
- You reach out towards (creature).
NOTE: ONLY first person messaging is listed unless it differs substantially from other versions. Wedding messaging will only work with your spouse, all other targets default to standard messaging. Messaging without an option shown applies to all options. Special scripts and areas may override listed messaging.
- Touch used in various contexts
The night watchman turns and raises his eyebrow at you, just as you begin to reach out. You think that quite possibly he might have had a bad day and could be looking for any reason to bring someone in, and thus quickly snatch your hand away and try to look innocent.
You reach out and touch a dark hollow under a tattered squirrel's nest tucked between two sturdy branches.
You reach out and touch your boarhide pack.
You reach out and touch a tiger-claw in a bristly boarhide pack.
You pet the brown frog.
- Touch is a popular trap used in item scripts.