Rise of Rone - 5118-02-11 - Stephos' Mercenaries and Rone's Hostage

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Fashanos 11-12, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier

To discuss this event, please see the officials' discussion thread!


Summary

  • Stephos DeArchon's black-armored mercenaries are seen patrolling Wehnimer's Landing, looking for Rone, but one of them falls dead and Rone is seen running along the rooftops.
  • Multiple search parties large and small split up to comb streets and rooftops, but at first nobody can get a lead as another mercenary is killed off. A third mercenary fires on Rone, but hits only his ethereal mist. However, Rone seems gradually backed into a corner as he makes another appearance only to quickly retreat when town guards approach.
  • Stephos breaks his shard of yellow plinite, creating an antimagic field throughout town, and one of his mercenaries fires on Rone, hitting him in the side. Rone falls out of sight.
  • Town guards soon report the injured Rone on the west end of South Ring Road, where nearly eighty adventurers confront him. Rone takes Lylia hostage with a dagger to her throat, amidst attempts to talk him down, threaten him, surround him to cut off escape routes, or attack with weapons.
  • Lylia, unable to use her magic because of the plinite's effect, threatens to use a crimson orb to take him down with her, but instead Rone activates one of his prisms and retreats with her in tow. Shortly afterward the prism detonates, killing nearly three dozen and injuring nearly four dozen more, leaving clerics and empaths scrambling to save lives despite the antimagic field.
  • Some adventurers continue searching for Rone and Lylia, and eventually Leafiara finds them in the hollow tree in the Lower Dragonsclaw. There Rone requests help from Leafi and she begins to tend his wound just as Stonmel is the second to find the group. Stonmel prepares a spell, but Leafiara makes a sanctuary and continues bandaging Rone. As she finishes, she says they need to talk; Rone thanks her but says not now, then lets Lylia go and vanishes into the ethereal mist.
  • A lengthy discussion follows afterward in the mayor's office. (Not shown below, but on its own page.)



Log

Mercenaries Watching, Mercenaries Dying

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

The sky is filled with a blanket of low clouds, pale and unmoving. Sounds seem muffled and the air feels thick and takes on a quiet stillness.

Some black-armored mercenaries march down a nearby street, a sharp contrast to the falling snow that descends around them.

A black-armored mercenary stands near an alleyway at the corner of a street, his hand idly thumbing a crossbow at his side.

[Cryheart's group begins patrolling town, looking for the mercenaries.]

Two black-armored mercenaries walk by through the falling snow, their eyes surveying the surroundings as their hands grip the handles of their blades.

[Minor discussion, giving explanations to people that these are Stephos' mercenaries, etc.]

Amidst the falling snow, in the distance near North Ring Road, there appears to be a white figure crouched on a rooftop, or perhaps a clump of snow.

[The overall mood changes to one of aiming to find Rone with a few questions about collecting the bounty.]

The white cloaked figure rolls off of the rooftop, disappearing over the edge.

Nearby, a black-armored figure gasps, briefly, before he slumps to the ground. His body twists awkward, and the flesh of his chest and abdomen appear shredded that they barely hold his corpse together. The mercenary slumps to the street, blood spilling out onto the snow. A swirl of ethereal mist vanishes as the mercenary bleeds.

Two black-armored mercenaries rush to the body of their fallen, dragging it off.

A white cloaked figure races across some rooftops, leaping from one to one, as the snow continues to fall around.


Searching For Rone

[Discussion about how to find the vigilante ensues and multiple groups or individuals begin splitting off to search. At one point Cryheart says...]

Cryheart asks, "We hae volunteers who want to check the rooftops?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Meureii says, "I will go if needed Sir."

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "For twenty million silvers, sure."

Speaking to Cryheart, Lylia says, "I can certainly try."

You idly say, "The rooftops... Hmm."

Briefly seen in the shadow of an alley, Stephos DeArchon stands, eyes to the roofs. He holds a yellow shard in his hand, and with a smile, steps out of sight.

[More groups split off, more discussion of why it's better to split up, e.g:]

Cruxophim calmly states, "I'm going to wander around a bit. Perhaps the numbers are scaring our white-cloaked problem off."

Speaking to Meureii, Marijka says, "One person moves faster than many. It's known."

You idly say, "Maybe I will go check the roofs..."

[Leafiara runs off to start checking rooftops starting with the Stone Baths, finding nothing though this is seen throughout town...]

A white-cloaked figure leaps across a rooftop to another, just as a black-armored mercenary fires a crossbow! The bolt seems to pass through the figure as it vanishes into a puff of mist.

[...and then proceeding to the Museum.]

[Wehnimer's Museum, Grand Lobby]

White marble columns, set halfway into the walls, serve as both decoration and structural support for the high ceiling. Set between them are some colorful velvet settees that offer respite for weary patrons. The cool marble floor is interrupted by a pale gold carpet that leads up an expansive staircase. In the center of the western wall is a green marble arch, while the eastern wall sports a white marble arch. Across the room from a gold marble arch, a large platinum plaque and a rectangular white sign are displayed beside the oaken double doors that lead outside.

Obvious exits: none

Inky black liquid seeps out of the floor, coiling around to form a hollow column. It then slips into itself, diminishing as it slides along the palms and under the feet of Goblyn, who has appeared in its midst.

Goblyn flashes a wide grin at you.

You cock your head at Goblyn.

You grin at Goblyn.

Speaking to you, Goblyn notes, "I am maybe following you now, Leafiara."

You curiously ask, "Here to search too?"

You grin at Goblyn.

Goblyn ponders.

You nod at Goblyn.

Goblyn says, "I am here to be watching."

Goblyn shrugs at you.

You absently say, "I was certain there was a way to a roof from here..."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

>go stair

[Wehnimer's Museum, Lobby]

Surrounded by darkly paneled walls, this second-floor lobby mimics the opulence of the one below with its expansive marble floor and intricately painted ceiling. Hallways lead to the east and west, while a neatly printed sign directing visitors to their destinations rests near an expansive staircase. Across from the landing, a mahogany arch with a bas-relief floral design leads to the north, while behind the stairs a black marble arch leads to a moonlit alcove.

Obvious exits: east, west

Goblyn followed.

Goblyn scratches her head.

>go mahogany arch

[Museum, Hall of Knowledge]

Mahogany-paneled walls encapsulate this small room. Low bookshelves dot the pale gold marble floor, their dark mahogany surfaces polished to a shine and adorned with astrolabes, compasses, and various other objects. A solid oak door with a small gold plaque resides between two tapestries depicting scholars at work studying tomes and scrolls. On the opposite wall, an onyx arch leads to another room. Standing between the two exits is a white metal sign on an iron stand, while on the south side wall, a mahogany arch with a bas-relief floral design leads to the second floor lobby.

Goblyn followed.

>go oak door

[Hall of Knowledge, Library]

Bookshelves encompass all the remaining wall space that is not taken up by doors, and a plush pale gold rug covers the floor. Wooden tables, flickering oil lanterns set on their surfaces, and cushioned chairs offer areas to spread out and read or study. Scents of parchment, glue, and dust permeate the room. The well-manicured librarian stands behind a low wooden checkout desk, its surface littered with folios, quills, and jars of ink. You also see a well-manicured librarian.

Goblyn followed.

Speaking to you, Goblyn asks, "You are hoping to be catching him on the roof?"

You nod at Goblyn.

You exclaim, "I am!"

You make a careful search of the area and discover some narrow stone stairs hidden behind a bookshelf!

You say, "Aha."

>go stair

[Museum, Member Lounge]

In the middle of the ceiling, a large crystal chandelier descends to illuminate the inlaid wooden dance floor in the center of the room. Various stained glass skylights dot the ceiling in an artfully haphazard fashion, each one a different scene of upper class society. Along the northern wood-paneled wall, a long cloth-covered table is laden with refreshments. Against the opposite wall, several plush velvet settees rest on the green marbled flooring that runs the edge of the room, offset from an intricately patterned silk curtain in the corner.

Goblyn followed.

Speaking to you, Goblyn asks, "Or you are hoping he will attack you?"

>look skylight

Beautifully crafted skylights dot the lofted ceiling and glow with the light from outside. The windows do little to illuminate the room, as the ceiling is so high, but they do add an opulent ambiance to the lounge. Designs of upper class society are showcased by these windows. Dancing, a tea party, a social gathering, a hunting party, and a wedding service are all depicted in the various windows of colored glass. Oddly, the window in the farthest corner has a long thick rope tied to the crossbar.

Goblyn raises an eyebrow in your direction.

You tentatively say, "That would be helpful too."

Goblyn gazes curiously at you.

You sigh, "Anything to get a better understanding of who his targets are..."

Staring into space, you pause to mull over multiple possibilities and potential nuances.

>go rope

[Wehnimer's Museum, Rooftop]

The view from the rooftop extends all the way to the walls of Wehnimer's Landing and beyond. Exposed to the elements, this wind blown edifice juts up into the sky opposite the observatory tower on the eastern side of the museum. Protected from errant footfalls by metal rims, various stained glass skylights are set into the rough stone floor. An unobtrusive drainpipe is attached to the side of the building, leading rainwater away from the roof.

Obvious paths: none

Goblyn followed.

Goblyn nods slowly to you.

Goblyn glances around the area.

[seen elsewhere around this time, but not from Leafiara's location] The white figure appears again in a swirl of mist, leaps from a rooftop, disappearing into an alleyway.

You scan the ground and your immediate surroundings for signs of recent activity.

Goblyn yells, "Vigilante! Leafiara is here for you!"

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.

Goblyn flashes a toothy grin.

You appreciatively exclaim, "I do really appreciate the attempt!"

A white-cloaked figure darts in between two buildings near Helga's. [she sees this one from her vantage point]

You beam happily at Goblyn!

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

You say, "Oh..."

You invoke a guiding spirit, imploring it to return you to safety...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a stack of empty crates, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay and a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it.

Also here: Miss Goblyn

You feel light-headed and break out in a cold sweat.

You groan.

Goblyn softly giggles.

[travel toward Helga's]

[Helga's, Back Alley]

The narrow alley, shaded by the overhanging eaves of the stone and wood buildings that rise on all sides, is full of debris, piles of rags and filth. A broken wooden chair, an old crate and a trash barrel are piled to either side of the smoke-stained oaken door that leads into the back of the building to the south. You also see the Chamorr disk.

Also here: Journeywoman Yosaffbrig, Liabo Chair Aoife, Lord Chamorr, Kipa

Goblyn followed.

[...but nothing is found]

You curiously say, "Hmm..."

You narrow your eyes.

Goblyn cocks her head at you.

[back outside, Cryheart's group arrives...]

[Wehnimer's, Stormarm St.]

This intersection links the bazaar routes with those bisecting and encircling the Landing. A few ruddyfaced sailors, loudmouthed dockworkers, and off-duty soldiers linger along the wall of a tavern, which is set back from the side of the road up a slight incline. A shaky wooden stairway, the bane of many an overimbiber's existence, leads up to the tavern door. You also see a giantman militia guardian and a large painted sign.

Also here: Archales, Lord Kisun, Lady Lylia, Mayor Cruxophim, Maags, Shinann, Ysharra, Drektor, Zosopage, Great Lady Saranja, Grand Lady Ayumia, Magister Raelee, Mourne, Lord Dannore, Lord Monthas, Matriarch Berkana, Bloonk, Meureii, Elbromo, Dergoatean, Lord Thrassus, Nakaira, Mister Tercolla, Saepre, Nektarius, Neovik, Stonmel, Stormyrain, Dame Evia, Goldstr, Suprie, Dinaden, Marshal Madmountan, Rhayveign, Chaoswynd, Great Lady Khylynnia, Felita, Mylenna, Arnylon, Mistress Jhenni, Lady Tarazota, Marijka, Maiden Balley, Grand Lady Roelaren, High Lady Quintiana, Albanus, Lord Lycurgus, Pukk, Falvicar, Tetreves, Sir Cryheart, Hapenlok, Moonkist, Tarvok, Ososis, Altheren

[...but the Leafi-Goblyn Duo does not follow them as they look around]

Speaking to you, Goblyn observes, "He is making the game of cats chasing mice."

Speaking suspiciously to Goblyn, you say, "He is. And I don't understand what he wants to accomplish..."

You scrub your hand through your shoulder length bright red hair in frustration.

You grumble.

[searching continues]

A black-armored figure rushes down the street, then suddenly a blade the color of night rips through the front of his face, as a swirl of ethereal mist vanishes just as the mercenary drops to the snow-covered ground with a bloody thud.

Hlendril joins your group.

Goblyn grins at Hlendril.

Hlendril nods.

You thoughtfully tap a finger against your lips.

You thoughtfully say, "We have to find a way to get ahead of him instead of trying to catch up..."

You curiously ask, "Any ideas from you two?"

Hlendril says, "Aye."

Goblyn peers quizzically at you.

You tilt your head slightly toward Hlendril, noting the subtle changes in his muscles and breathing.

Speaking interestedly to Hlendril, you ask, "Oh?"

Terabor says, "Leafy."

Terabor pants.

You wave to Terabor.

Speaking amusedly to you, Goblyn says, "I do have many ideas, Leafiara, but I do not think they are allowed in this town's walls."

You grab Terabor's hand.

Terabor says, "Did you see another mercenary dropped dead in the street."

Hlendril says, "I think Stephos is luring us in a trap, the `mercenaries` are bait."

Speaking amusedly to Goblyn, you say, "I'll bet..."

Terabor says, "I was on the roof."

Terabor pants.

Hlendril says, "These mercenaries aren't mercenaries."

Speaking curiously to Terabor, you ask, "And did you find anything?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Hlendril says, "They are better than this..."

Goblyn cocks her head at Terabor.

Terabor says, "I did not find anything."

You disappointedly say, "I didn't, on the two roofs I checked... for the baths and museum."

You nod at Terabor.

Goblyn laughs at Hlendril!

Terabor says, "I only saw from up there."

[over the amunet...]

Cruxophim: "Apparently this vigilante is no longer concerned about justice, simply whatever stands in his way."

Leafiara: "Then why is Albanus not dead?"

Xorus just arrived.

Xorus ponders.

You chortle softly at some secret joke.

Goblyn laughs at you!

You wave to Xorus.

Goblyn falls to the ground laughing hysterically!

Terabor says, "I checked all the roofs repeatedly I kept jumping."

Goblyn rolls around on the ground laughing hysterically!

You wink at Goblyn.

Cruxophim: "Is Albanus standing in his way?"

Goblyn stands up.

Goblyn giggles.

Hapenlok just arrived.

Leafiara: "He's been opposing him as much as anyone, at least!"

Goblyn flashes a wide grin at Xorus.

You thoughtfully tap a finger against your lips.

Deckits just arrived.

A white-cloaked figure appears in a swirl of mist, but some town guards nearby shout and charge towards the figure, who then vanishes.

Speaking to Xorus, Goblyn says, "You do need to make your baited self more... smelling like bait."

Terabor squints.

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, you ask, "Any ideas? Where would -you- attack if you were him?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Xorus smirks.

Deckits slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking helpfully to Xorus, Goblyn asks, "Maybe you will use some orphans?"

Terabor looks thoughtfully at you.

Goblyn begs and pleads with Xorus.

Speaking to you, Hlendril says, "We need an ambush to counter the ambush."

You add, "Oh, right... you want payment for ideas now."

You grin at Hapenlok.

Speaking to Goblyn, Xorus says, "Perhaps we can dig up Lana's rotting corpse and stuff his soul in it."

Speaking dryly to Hlendril, you say, "I just said that. We need to get ahead of him."

Goblyn beams at Xorus and claps her hands together in delight!

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "No. no, not that."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "It's just that....it's not a military campaign."

Speaking to Xorus, Deckits says, "This vigilante is certainly not as good at this as they think, their conjuration is dispersing so often."

Speaking to Xorus, Goblyn exclaims, "This will be very funny, Xorus. The white cloak will look too-big on Lana!"

You belt out, "Rone! I want to help find a cure for Rysus' curse! Come get me!"

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "And I'm not exactly a mind-reader."

You glance expectantly around the area.

Deckits says, "Quite a waste of energy."

You grumble.

Deckits gazes up into the heavens.

Subarashi just arrived.

Xorus says, "Mm."

Altheren nods at Deckits.

Speaking to a rugged dwarven mercenary, Hlendril says, "We need help."

Goblyn skips around in a happy little circle.

You take a deep breath.

Goblyn glances at Hlendril.

You add Subarashi to your group.

Goblyn glances at a rugged dwarven mercenary.

You add Altheren to your group.

You slowly say, "Well... the search continues."

[lots more travel]

Hlendril nods to you.

Goblyn ponders.

Hlendril says, "It`ll be a long night..."

Goblyn cocks her head at Hlendril.

Speaking to Hlendril, Goblyn offers, "I can be making it shorter for you."

You grin slowly at Goblyn.

Hlendril exclaims, "I`ll find that bastard's woman and rip her bosom off in front of him!"

Hlendril's entire body tenses as he tightens his grip on his steel claidhmore.

Goblyn cocks her head at Hlendril.

You concernedly say, "At this point I'm just wandering around..."

You shake your head.

Speaking slowly to Hlendril, Goblyn asks, "You will really do this ripping?"

Terabor ponders.

Hlendril darkly says, "I am a mercenary... I`ll do any task."

Hlendril says, "Nothing surprises me."

Speaking to Hlendril, Goblyn requests, "I will be able to watch this?"

[Team Gobleafi converges with the Cryblob]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

A respectful quiet blankets this area like the deep shadow cast by the high north wall. Those people that move along this section of road walk with their heads bowed and speak in hushed whispers in obvious consideration to the local empath, who practices the restorative arts at the strange tent that is set back from the roadside in the middle of an overgrown vacant lot here. You also see a giantman militia guardian, a giantman militia guardian, a giantman militia guardian, a giantman militia guardian and a brawny human sentry.

Also here: Dreuntar, Journeywoman Yosaffbrig, Daghina, Irar, Lady Lylia, Maags, Ysharra, Drektor, Zosopage, Great Lady Saranja, Grand Lady Ayumia, Magister Raelee, Mourne, Lord Dannore, Lord Monthas, Matriarch Berkana, Bloonk, Meureii, Elbromo, Dergoatean, Nakaira, Mister Tercolla, Saepre, Nektarius, Neovik, Stonmel, Stormyrain, Dame Evia, Goldstr, Suprie, Dinaden, Marshal Madmountan, Rhayveign, Chaoswynd, Great Lady Khylynnia, Felita, Mylenna, Arnylon, Mistress Jhenni, Lady Tarazota, Marijka, Maiden Balley, Grand Lady Roelaren, High Lady Quintiana, Albanus, Lord Lycurgus, Pukk, Falvicar, Tetreves, Tarvok, Ososis, Sir Cryheart, Mayor Cruxophim, Lord Thrassus

You ask, "Any luck for your group?"

Hlendril shrugs at Goblyn.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

As Suprie shakes his head, small flakes of ash fall slowly toward the ground.

Tarvok looks over at you and shakes his head.

You grumble.

Dannore looks over at you and shakes his head.

Speaking disappointedly to you, Marijka says, "We haven't been attacked at all."

Speaking slowly to Hlendril, Goblyn asks, "This is a 'yes'?"

Hlendril asks, "Who found the bugger?"

Thrassus says, "He's around here somewhere."

Speaking to Goblyn, Hlendril says, "Aye."

Speaking knowingly to Marijka, you say, "I know just the feeling."


Rone Gets Shot

The white-cloaked figure appears again in a swirl of mist on a rooftop near Moot Hall. He begins to leap towards another building when Stephos appears in a street below. He raises his yellow shard, and throws it hard on the ground where it shatters! Suddenly a pulse of citrine-hued energy ripples across the entire town, and as the white-cloak figure is in mid-leap, he is thrown off and goes falling onto a rooftop. Just then, a black armored mercernary fires a crossbow and the bolt strikes the white-cloaked figure, who falls out of sight, the bolt landing true in his side.

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

You uncertainly ask, "What... just happened?"

[Team Gobleafi, now composed of Subarashi, Altheren, Terabor, Hlendril, Goblyn, Chaoswynd, and Leafiara, continues searching, though most of them begin peeling off.]

You absently wonder, "He was hit... can he really stay out of sight so long?"

You dryly admit, "I guess he can if he has herbs."

Goblyn shrugs at you.

You grin crookedly.

There is a strange pulse in the air as a yellow glow still ripples about.

Speaking to you, Goblyn says, "Herbs or magic, yes."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Hlendril asks, "Sense that?"

You suspiciously say, "I do."

Goblyn nods at Hlendril.

[Leafiara attempts to cast a Light spell...]

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

You gesture.

Your magic fizzles ineffectually.

You say, "Ah... antimagic..."

Terabor says, "That yellow glow, Stephan's yellow shard."

You raise your fist in a display of defiance.

You suspiciously say, "Curious."

You note, "Our thoughts aren't cut off, only our magic..."

[travel continues...]

[Wehnimer's, Shanty Town]

The tracks of wagon wheels rut the path through here, forming tiny rivulets that connect the puddles. A few sparse bushes and a tiny garden outside one of the shanties do little to relieve the monotony of the otherwise indistinguishable dwellings to the north and east. The western path leads back to town. You also see a brawny human sentry, the night watchman, a giantman militia guardian, a giantman militia guardian and a giantman militia guardian.

Obvious paths: north, east, west

You scrub your hand through your shoulder length bright red hair in frustration.

Some town guards yell, "He's on South Ring Road!"

>w

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

South Ring Road leads to the outskirts of Shanty Town, the poorest section of Wehnimer's Landing. The contrast between the colorful, well-kept buildings of the bazaar and main square and the dingy hovels to the east is striking. Most passers-by move hurriedly to the west or north to the river crossing. A ragged child cowers against the south wall, looking lost and forgotten. You also see a giantman militia guardian and a polished green steel lantern mounted on a wooden post.

[having already been on South Ring Road, the search begins as a trail of blood is found leading west...]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

Many of the travellers through this part of town appear to be pilgrims, priests and monks. They travel to and fro, moving along the quiet road to the north. The hoot of an owl echoes from somewhere beyond the palisade wall. You also see some drops of blood and a mound of snow.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

The moonlit, rolling countryside outside the town can be glimpsed through a crack in the south palisade wall. A cool and refreshing night breeze whistles between the logs, freshening the air with a brisk scent of pine. You also see a giantman militia guardian and some drops of blood.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A spacious boulevard intersects the Ring Road at this point. Traders and peddlers pass by, carting their wares home from a busy day in the bazaar, and a few townsfolk scatter east and west bearing packages, sacks and purchases. You also see a human militia pikeman, a gypsy fortuneteller, some drops of blood, an intricate gate in a cast-iron fence and a mound of snow.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A short distance to the east lies a broad intersection. To the west, the road narrows slightly as it is impinged on by closely-spaced shops, beyond which the western and southern city walls intersect. A few townsfolk mingle under the circles of lamplight in the cobbled street. You also see some drops of blood, a large painted sign and a newly painted gemcutter's shop.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

The quiet of the moonlit street is broken by the sound of metal bouncing against metal. A small group of rough-looking citizens gather in the shadow of the buildings, apparently busy at some gambling game. From one small storefront comes the sound of a lilting melody being picked out on a lute. You also see a pure white porcupine and an ornate wrought iron gate.

Also here: Dreuntar, Lord Adrath, Lady Avariona, Lord Chamorr, Liabo Chair Aoife, Kipa, Rone who is kneeling

Altheren, Hlendril and Goblyn followed.


Rone's Desperate Move

You glance at Rone.

>look rone

You see a white cloaked figure who is garbed in studded white leathers. The cowl of the figure's pale hood barely conceals a polished steel and nearly featureless mask that matches a pair of polished steel gauntlets etched with faint runes. Black-bladed daggers hang from the figure's belt, while two long sheaths hang down from the sides. In the light of the moon, the figure's eyes behind the mask look as if they could be blue or grey.

Rone winces.

Hlendril grins at Rone.

Kipa reaches up and places the steel close burgonet on her head.

You curiously say, "There you are..."

You glance dubiously at Rone.

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

Your magic fizzles ineffectually.

Rone stands up.

With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into a richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*

You notice Rone slip into a hiding place.

Hlendril asks, "Who are you?"

Lylia points at Rone, ruining his hiding place.

Altheren points at Rone.

>think He's west of the gemcutter.

You focus on projecting your thoughts...

[more people than before begin trickling in]

Lylia looks over at Rone and shakes her head.

Lylia walks toward Rone.

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

Rone winces.

Dreuntar examines Rone closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Cryheart glances at Rone.

Speaking to Rone, Albanus says, "Stop right there, criminal scum."

Speaking tentatively to Rone, you wonder, "Well... how did this go so wrong, hm?"

Dreuntar joins Cryheart's group.

Xorus glares at Rone.

Monthas says, "You're under arrest."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "This will go worse on you if you try to run."

>look

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

The quiet of the moonlit street is broken by the sound of metal bouncing against metal. A small group of rough-looking citizens gather in the shadow of the buildings, apparently busy at some gambling game. From one small storefront comes the sound of a lilting melody being picked out on a lute. You also see a sharp-eared fire wyrdling, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a greater snowy owl, a snow white raven that is flying around, a pure white porcupine and an ornate wrought iron gate.

Also here: Miss Goblyn, Archales, Sorrenn, Dirra, Hapenlok, Tetreves, Lord Rekarth, Kapik, Stormyrain, Zarston, Xorus, Shinann, Journeywoman Yosaffbrig, Daghina, Irar, Drektor, Zosopage, Great Lady Saranja, Grand Lady Ayumia, Mourne, Lord Dannore, Lord Monthas, Matriarch Berkana, Elbromo, Nakaira, Mister Tercolla, Saepre, Nektarius, Neovik, Stonmel, Dame Evia, Goldstr, Suprie, Dinaden, Marshal Madmountan, Rhayveign, Great Lady Khylynnia, Felita, Mylenna, Arnylon, Mistress Jhenni, Lady Tarazota, Marijka, Maiden Balley, Grand Lady Roelaren, High Lady Quintiana, Lord Lycurgus, Pukk, Falvicar, Tarvok, Ososis, Dergoatean, Sir Cryheart, Moonkist, Meureii, Ysharra, Subarashi, Albanus, Magister Raelee, Lady Lylia, Altheren, Hlendril, Dreuntar, Lord Adrath, Lady Avariona, Lord Chamorr, Liabo Chair Aoife, Kipa, Rone

Rone grabs Lylia's hand.

Goblyn glances between Rone and Lylia.

Kipa says, "Calling him a criminal is pretty hypocritical coming from just about any one of us."

Speaking to Rone, Arnylon says, "That wound looks pretty bad."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "A bolt from that close will shatter bone. How's your ribcage?"

Rone grabs a blade from his belt, holding it to Lylia's throat.

Speaking heartily to Rone, Chamorr says, "Howdy."

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Lylia glares.

Goblyn folds her hands.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "That's a bad decision."

Speaking to Rone, Irar says, "Easy. The time for violence is done."

Dannore exclaims, "You're under arrest!"

Lylia hisses, "You had best not, if you know what is good for you..."

Xorus coldly says, "Rysus tried this once, you know."

[various glances and glares and people attempting to cast, but the area is antimagic]

Speaking sternly to Rone, Meureii says, "Do nae."

Madmountan exclaims, "Shoot him in the eye!"

You curiously ask, "A hostage, hmm?"

Dinaden agrees with Irar.

Hlendril darkly says, "Put it down, now."

Speaking to Rone, Dergoatean says, "You might've picked the wrong one for that."

Rone holds Lylia tight in front of him, holding down one of her arms, while he holds a blade to her neck.

Speaking to Rone, Berkana says, "I do not think that is a wise move."

Hlendril exclaims, "Now!"

Hlendril exclaims, "Put it down!"

(Lylia goes still and taut.)

[ongoing gasps, stares]

Cryheart says, "All be calm."

Hlendril exclaims, "Get on the ground or I'll blow yer head off with my ancestor's blade!"

Evia says, "Gonna regret that."

Marijka idly says, "Justice. Nice."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "We'll hunt you to the ends of Elanith if you harm her."

Cryheart says, "Rone...let her go."

Archales asks, "Which hero will leap into action?"

Rone deeply says, "Don't follow. Or the only blood in the streets you'll find next is hers."

Monthas says, "Hostage situation, sir."

Speaking sternly to Rone, Cruxophim snarls, "Let her go, and your end MIGHT not be slow and painful."

Hlendril exclaims, "Down!"

(Lylia slides her hand into her pocket.)

Talonhawke quietly says, "Do what you need to."

Talonhawke shrugs.

Speaking to Rone, Albanus asks, "Seriously, this is your play? Hostage taking?"

Rekarth says, "This tactic continues to be unwise."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "And the worst of it will come later when her husband finds out."

Lylia removes a small crimson glass orb from in her wrap.

Speaking to Rone, Hlendril exclaims, "Go down now!"

Lylia shows Rone her crimson glass orb.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "You'll certainly hope we find you first."

Cruxophim gazes in amusement at Lylia.

Roelaren says, "He has negated our magic so us casters don't have a chance to help or heal even."

Speaking to Rone, Irar says, "In Koar's name, the killings must stop, Rone. We already have innocents dying because of the bounty on your head."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "I can take you with me. And all of them, too."

Speaking to Lylia, Madmountan says, "Sorry, but we are gonna follow."

Goblyn bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Lylia.

Chaoswynd blinks at Lylia.

Lylia asks, "How much blood do you want on your hands?"

Cruxophim just punched Rone.

Lylia raises her crimson glass orb skyward!

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "Do it."

Thrassus nods at Lylia.

Speaking to Ysharra, Dergoatean says, "Honestly I think I'd worry more about angering the Lady Rashere at this point, of the two."

Cryheart whispers to the group, "Would binding him work?"

Berkana nods at Lylia.

Speaking to Lylia, Chaoswynd says, "Indeed. Do it."

Cruxophim looks at Lylia and breaks into a devilish grin.

You whisper, "Our magic is cut off." to your group.

The voice of Saranja quietly says, "Can't see everything, Rone... have a care."

Evia whispers to the group, "As far as I know we might still be in anti-magic land."

Tarvok whispers to the group, "The whole town is anti-magic, anyways. Do not rely on magic."

Speaking to Rone, Hlendril exclaims, "By order of the Iron Lion, I, Hlendril Fireheart, son of Gwedloynn Fireheart, orders ye to release the hostage or die!"

Lylia lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Speaking to Dergoatean, Ysharra says, "He's already crossed that river."

Speaking to Rone, Sorrenn says, "This has gotten out of hand, it is time to stop this."

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "Wonderful."

Cryheart says, "Calm down everyone."

Chamorr heartily says, "Can't whack him."

You nonchalantly say, "I'd agree... throw the orb."

Goblyn glances at Lylia.

Ysharra says, "I'm informing him of future consequence."

Goblyn taps her foot impatiently.

Dergoatean removes a small crimson glass orb from in his black leather backpack.

Speaking to you, Dergoatean asks, "One of these?"

Dannore says, "We need another of those yellow crystals."

Speaking sternly to Rone, Cruxophim repeats, "Release her, and surrender yourself now. Perhaps the courts will show mercy on you."

Speaking to Dergoatean, you explain, "Yes, but she's closer to him. Hers will definitely hit."

You glance between Rone and Lylia.

Dannore says, "Someone should call Stephos."

Meureii says, "There is plenty of plinite around."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "Kill him, kill us. It'll be a fire that wakes the spirits."

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Move to surround him, cut off all exits."

(Stonmel nocks an arrow, aiming it at Rone.)

Lylia growls, "Again, I warn you, put the knife down."

Rone backs up with Lylia.

Speaking to Ysharra, Goblyn exclaims, "It will be very nice!"

Dreuntar says, "He's not looking too healthy, just wait and he'll likely bleed to death."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "And sends this false ghost into his true grave."

Dannore says, "I don't think so."

Speaking to Rone, Albanus says, "How bad was that bolt to your flank? I'd guess you're bleeding out."

Speaking to Rone, Talonir says, "Do what you need to do, I trust you know what you're doing. I've seen the type of people who need fear you."

Speaking to Rone, Zosopage says, "We know you think you are doing the right thing but there is a better way than murdering everyone that do simple crimes."

Speaking to Rone, Berkana says, "I think you're more in danger than Lylia is."

Speaking to Rone, Dinaden says, "How far do you think you can get with this plan? Put the blade down and let her go."

Speaking to Rone, Irar says, "Don't do this. I beg you."

Chamorr opens his silver flask.

Speaking to Rone, Hlendril asks, "Not gonna let go of her?"

Rone rubs the gear-covered prism.

Lylia glares.

Chamorr takes a drink from his silver flask.

Chamorr looks rather relaxed.

Chamorr offers Rone a polished silver flask engraved with a growling bear head.

Rone turns a small gear at the top of his gear-covered prism and a clicking sound emanates from within. Wisps of steam shoot out from the sides of the gear-covered prism.

Rone leans forward and tosses his gear-covered prism to the ground.

Rone's group just went northwest.

Blasts of hot steam shoot out from the sides of the gear-covered prism.

The gear-covered prism begins to rattle then suddenly explodes! Dozens and dozens of sharp metal shards burst forth, flying in every direction!

[Cue 854 lines of destruction including the deaths of Archales, Sprockit, Thrassus, Chaoswynd, Herem, Kembriana, Talonir, Tetreves, Xorus, Shinann, Yosaffbrig, Daghina, Drektor, Saranja, Ayumia, Dannore, Monthas, Elbromo, Nakaira, Tercolla, Nektarius, Goldstr, Madmountan, Khylynnia, Felita, Tarazota, Lycurgus, Pukk, Falvicar, Tarvok, Altheren, Dreuntar, Avariona, Chamorr, and Kipa, as well as losing a leg for Bloonk, Kelrion, Irar, Saepre, Suprie, Arnylon, Balley, Roelaren, Leaiara, and Adrath, and still more injuries to others. By my count, 79 people hit and 35 of those dead.]

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Relax."

The ghostly laughter of Madmountan echoes through the area, sending a shiver down your spine.

The ghostly voice of Kipa says, "Ouch."

>look

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

The quiet of the moonlit street is broken by the sound of metal bouncing against metal. A small group of rough-looking citizens gather in the shadow of the buildings, apparently busy at some gambling game. From one small storefront comes the sound of a lilting melody being picked out on a lute. You also see a scratched haon coffer, a cowardly luck spirit that is flying around, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Albanus disk, a vacillating dune spirit that is flying around, the Irar disk, the yellow Hapenlok disk, the Suprie disk, a ruffled wood owl that is flying around, a gypsy fortuneteller, a sharp-eared fire wyrdling, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a snow white raven that is flying around and an ornate wrought iron gate.

Also here: a stunned Telum, the body of Archales who is lying down, the body of Sprockit who is lying down, a stunned Lisbethany, the body of Lord Thrassus who is lying down, a stunned Bloonk who is lying down, a stunned Mayor Cruxophim who is lying down, the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down, a stunned Sorrenn, the body of Herem who is lying down, a stunned Lord Kelrion who is lying down, the body of Kembriana who is lying down, a stunned Wanion, the body of Talonir who is lying down, a stunned Talonhawke, a stunned Miss Goblyn, a stunned Dirra, a stunned Hapenlok who is lying down, the body of Tetreves who is lying down, a stunned Lord Rekarth who is lying down, a stunned Kapik, a stunned Stormyrain, a stunned Zarston who is lying down, the body of Xorus who is lying down, the body of Shinann who is lying down, the body of Journeywoman Yosaffbrig who is lying down, the body of Daghina who is lying down, a stunned Irar who is lying down, the body of Drektor who is lying down, a stunned Zosopage who is lying down, the body of Great Lady Saranja who is lying down, the body of Grand Lady Ayumia who is lying down, a stunned Mourne, the body of Lord Dannore who is lying down, the body of Lord Monthas who is lying down, a stunned Matriarch Berkana, the body of Elbromo who is lying down, the body of Nakaira who is lying down, the body of Mister Tercolla who is lying down, a stunned Saepre who is lying down, the body of Nektarius who is lying down, a stunned Neovik who is lying down, a stunned Stonmel, a stunned Dame Evia, the body of Goldstr who is lying down, a stunned Suprie who is lying down, a stunned Dinaden who is lying down, the body of Marshal Madmountan who is lying down, a stunned Rhayveign, the body of Great Lady Khylynnia who is lying down, the body of Felita who is lying down, a stunned Mylenna, a stunned Arnylon who is lying down, a stunned Mistress Jhenni, the body of Lady Tarazota who is lying down, a stunned Marijka, a stunned Maiden Balley who is lying down, a stunned Grand Lady Roelaren who is lying down, a stunned High Lady Quintiana, the body of Lord Lycurgus who is lying down, the body of Pukk who is lying down, the body of Falvicar who is lying down, the body of Tarvok who is lying down, a stunned Ososis, a stunned Dergoatean, a stunned Sir Cryheart, a stunned Meureii, a stunned Ysharra, a stunned Subarashi who is lying down, a stunned Albanus, a stunned Magister Raelee, the body of Altheren who is lying down, Hlendril, the body of Dreuntar who is lying down, a stunned Lord Adrath who is lying down, the body of Lady Avariona who is lying down, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, the body of Kipa who is lying down

[With everywhere outdoors in the Landing now being an antimagic area, the many bodies are slowly evacuated to the nearby gemcutter's shop... which turns out to be a bad idea mechanically as trying to APPRAISE bodies as a cleric or empath doesn't work in a shop where it thinks you're trying to get a value appraisal. The antimagic field does eventually fade, though. A long and difficult effort from clerics and empaths follows. About 2450 lines later, Leafi has raised two people and then...]

You assure, "I'll be back. I want to check the situation elsewhere and make sure everything's alright."

[...she leaves and goes searching around outside.]


Hostage and Help

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Hollow Tree]

This is a dark crook of the rotted log, just high enough for you to stand upright. You hear ominous grunts and whines, but you cannot venture any farther down the narrow, hollow branches. You also see a drop of blood.

Also here: Rone who is kneeling, Lady Lylia

You narrow your eyes.

Rone winces.

A pained expression crosses Rone's face.

You nod in greeting.

Rone holds his side in pain.

Rone deeply says, "I need....healed."

Speaking to you, Lylia asks, "Could you help him, please?"

>appr rone

You glance at Rone and immediately realize he has 7 spirit levels out of a maximum of 7.

You also notice that he has no apparent injuries.

Rone shows that he has moved the dagger away from Lylia.

You uncertainly say, "I... can try."

You ponder the meaning of Rone's existence.

Stonmel just moved quietly into the room, his group following closely.

Stonmel stares at Rone.

Stonmel gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

You gesture.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Stonmel glances at you.

Rone deeply says, "Please...hurry."

(Lylia struggles against some unseen force.)

You nod.

You kneel down.

(Leafiara attempts to bandage Rone up...)

(Stonmel draws his bow back, taking aim at Rone.)

Rone pulls aside his cloak and shows a bloodied wound in his side.

>look rone

You see a white cloaked figure who is garbed in studded white leathers. The cowl of the figure's pale hood barely conceals a polished steel and nearly featureless mask that matches a pair of polished steel gauntlets etched with faint runes. Black-bladed daggers hang from the figure's belt, while two long sheaths hang down from the sides. In the light of the moon, the figure's eyes behind the mask look as if they could be blue or grey.

Stonmel asks, "What are you doing?"

Lylia glares.

Stonmel stares at you.

You calmly explain, "Tending the wounded. It's what I do... as a rescuer."

You glance dubiously at Stonmel.

You smirk.

(Leafiara quickly bandages Rone's wound to the best of her ability.)

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Hollow Tree]

This is a dark crook of the rotted log, just high enough for you to stand upright. You hear ominous grunts and whines, but you cannot venture any farther down the narrow, hollow branches. You also see a drop of blood.

Also here: Neovik, Stonmel, Rone who is kneeling, Lady Lylia

(Lylia thrashes and tosses, but doesn't seem to be making any headway against whatever's holding her back.)

You let out a long, contemplative breath.

Stonmel shakes his head.

Stonmel asks, "Siding with this killer then?"

Speaking tentatively to Rone, you say, "I hope that is better..."

Lylia turns away with unconcealed disgust.

Subarashi just arrived.

Speaking seriously to Rone, you say, "But we really do need to speak."

Rone deeply says, "Thank you..."

You narrow your eyes.

Rone bows to you.

Rone deeply says, "Not...now."

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

You stand back up.

Chaoswynd just moved quietly into the room, his group following closely.

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Hollow Tree]

This is a dark crook of the rotted log, just high enough for you to stand upright. You hear ominous grunts and whines, but you cannot venture any farther down the narrow, hollow branches. You also see a drop of blood.

Also here: Lord Thrassus, Ysharra, Chaoswynd, Subarashi, Neovik, Stonmel, Rone who is kneeling, Lady Lylia

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Stonmel stares at you.

Thrassus scowls.

Ysharra glances at Rone.

Rone pushes Lylia forward and vanishes in a swirl of ethereal mist.

You frankly say, "I don't care what you do to some people, but this has gone--"

Stonmel says, "She's protecting him."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Lylia suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.


Checking on Lylia

Chaoswynd gives a sidelong glance at you.

Thrassus says, "Bastard."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra asks, "Are you all right?"

Lylia attends to her full-skirted gown, making the gown as presentable as possible.

Cruxophim suddenly fades into view.

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

You disbelievingly muse, "I've no idea what just happened."

Cruxophim begins a careful examination of Lylia -- he takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Lylia lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Thrassus stares at you for what seems like an eternity, doing his best to unnerve you.

Speaking to Lylia, Chaoswynd asks, "Yes, are you alright?"

Cruxophim gives Lylia a strong, encouraging smile.

Cruxophim gently rests his hand on Lylia's shoulder.

Lylia says, "Fine. I am unharmed."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Stonmel says, "She protected him and gave aide."

Stonmel points at you!

Lylia narrows her eyes.

Chaoswynd turns to face you.

Speaking amusedly to Lylia, Cruxophim inquires, "Did you take a piece of him?"

Cruxophim peers quizzically at Stonmel.

Ysharra stares at you.

Speaking to you, Chaoswynd says, "What happened."

Speaking amusedly to Stonmel, you say, "I'll thank you not to spread lies, actually."

Ysharra nods.

Cruxophim nods at Lylia.

Stonmel says, "I watched you create a sanctuary and tend to him."

Cruxophim peers quizzically at Stonmel.

Stonmel asks, "What else do you call that?"

Lylia says, "He took me, I know not how, and I was without magic."

[people begin arriving]

Speaking nonchalantly to Lylia, Cruxophim inquires, "That true?"

Speaking absently to Stonmel, Chaoswynd says, "She always creates a sanctuary everywhere she goes, that's normal behavior for her."

Goldstr just arrived.

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "Someone suggested a Mandis shard."

Cruxophim pores over a drop of blood, engrossed in the study of it.

Thrassus reaches out and touches a drop of blood.

Speaking to Stonmel, you say, "You were about to summon nature magic that could have killed Lylia and me along with him."

Cruxophim collects a hollow bone vial from a large compartment inside the ebonwood kit.

Lylia nods at Chaoswynd.

Stonmel says, "I was about to tangle him in vines."

Speaking to Stonmel, Ysharra says, "I was trying to Spike him when he vanished."

(Cruxophim uses the bone vial to collect a portion of the blood, examining it absently.)

Ysharra nods slowly at Stonmel.

Lylia says, "I do not blame a healer for healing. I blame the man who abducted me and held me."

Lylia glares.

Cruxophim plops a hollow bone vial into a large compartment inside the ebonwood kit.

Lylia presses her fingers to her cuff. A brief spasm wracks her shoulders in shivering.

Ysharra glances at Rekarth.

Speaking simply to Stonmel, you say, "Maybe a mistake on my part, then. Though I don't think you would have gotten him with something that minor."

Goldstr agrees with Lylia.

Hapenlok smirks.

Stonmel says, "It does not matter, what matters, is you aided him."

Cruxophim places his hands on his hips and eyes Stonmel with a skeptical look.

Rekarth suddenly fades into view.

Subarashi looks lost in thought.

Speaking to Stonmel, Hapenlok says, "It doesn't matter. let it go."

Hapenlok waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Matriarch Berkana just arrived.

Stonmel shakes his head.

Berkana nods.

You absently say, "On the bright side, now we know for sure he's not a ghost..."

Cruxophim starts chuckling at you!

Speaking suddenly to Lylia, you ask, "Oh! Forgive my manners... are you alright?"

Goldstr says, "Will matter at votin time."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Goldstr grins.

You take a moment to observe everything you can about Lylia.

Speaking to you, Ysharra says, "Just will be when we catch up with him."

Hapenlok nods at Lylia.

Berkana offers Lylia a gilded glass of opalescent green absinthe.

Lylia lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Lylia accepts Berkana's green absinthe.

Speaking to Goldstr, you muse, "Only if the Town Council accepts my application in the first place."

Berkana grins at Lylia.

You grin crookedly.

Lylia nods gratefully at Berkana.

Speaking calmly to Lylia, Cruxophim inquires, "So what happened? And also, I don't think we're going to accomplish much standing out here, shall we go to the office?"

Lylia takes a drink from her green absinthe.

You nod in agreement at Cruxophim.

[cue joining up]

Cruxophim gives Lylia a strong, encouraging smile.

Lylia asks, "Shall we find somewhere other than this miserable log to talk about it?"

Lylia nods at Cruxophim.

Berkana says, "A little Faendryl fortification."

Ysharra glances at Cruxophim.

Cruxophim nods at Lylia.

You nod in agreement at Lylia.

Subarashi inclines her head.

Chaoswynd glances around the room.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "Well, I only lost an arm. Everyone else died."

Hapenlok flashes a wide grin.

[Travel to the mayor's office, where over an hour of discussion ensues. That discussion can be found right here].