Rise of Rone - 5118-03-09 - The Pillar Plan and the Rone Riot

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Charlatos 9-10, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier

To discuss this event, please see the discussion thread on the officials!


Summary

  • Councilwoman Alendrial DeArchon and Councilman Beldrin hear out Mayor Cruxophim's plan for the pillars around the environs created by Grishom Stone. The proposal is to imbue three of the five pillars with shadow energy lingering in those who have visited the Shadow Realm, rendering them no longer inert, and repurposing their magic to create wards around the Landing that can protect against enemies like the Ithzir, Stone, and Raznel. Crux says this has already been done with the other two of five pillars.
  • Afterward the Council members open a list for questions and comments as Hapenlok, Stonmel, Puptilian, and Shinann give their thoughts. Among other details, Crux explains that only key figures who can be trusted with "access incantations" would be able to use the pillars.
  • As the questions wrap up, several white cloaked figures surround Moot Hall, saying they're citizens who have come for the Mayor to take him into custody to face trial. They declare "We are Rone. We are Wehnimer's" and say that the "wicked" adventurers around him should stand down.
  • Crux consults with adventurers about whether he should go along and the consensus is no. However, as the white-cloaked townspeople ready weapons even while claiming they won't harm anyone if they can take the Mayor peacefully, Crux offers to go with them to avoid bloodshed. When the townspeople approach, adventurers initially attempt to put them to sleep or calm them, but tensions soon rise and attacks begin with both sides taking casualties.
  • The Mayor, militia, and others call for a stop to the battle, but to no avail as neither the townspeople nor some adventurers cease their attacks. A bloody night follows and eventually one of the townspeople uses a wand to turn Cruxophim into stone--but Talonir is able to cure him and the townspeople withdraw, their numbers reduced.



Log

Gathering

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, a silver-edged campaign sign that reads, "Vote Lylia: The Right Words Move Worlds.", a large leaf-shaped campaign sign that reads, "Keep the Landing LEAFI: Lively, Eclectic, Adventurous, Free, Inspiring!", some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

A town crier declares nearby, "Councilwoman Alendrial, and Councilman Beldrin, seek to hold a public discussion within the next fifteen minutes, with Mayor Cruxophim, and the public, to discuss the Mayor's plans in regards to the old pillars outside of town. Please gather outside Moot Hall."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a silver-edged campaign sign that reads, "Vote for Lylia: Keep Your Children Safe.", a mushy black door, a mound of snow and a large purple wooden barrel.

Cruxophim affably states, "If any do not know, this concerns a long-term plan of mine to provide substantial protective warding for the Landing. This is hardly the end of it, but merely a first step. I proposed such with the Council, I suppose they would like to discuss, of course."

Cryheart says, "I view those pillars as being potentially dangerous."

Speaking calmly to Cryheart, Cruxophim states, "Potentially, yes. Absolutely? Yes, and no. The question is simply 'dangerous to whom?'."

Cruxophim flashes Cryheart a toothy grin.

Cruxophim calmly states, "I will say, the research that has been conducted since Albanus first proposed the germinating seed of the idea some weeks back has been thoroughly researched, checked, and double-checked."

Puptilian says, "If any have not seen them or noticed them as you walked past them I can lead a group to go look at them after the discussion here."

Cruxophim amusedly adds, "By a good number of you present."

Cruxophim chuckles.

Cruxophim nods at Puptilian.

Speaking amicably to Puptilian, Cruxophim offers, "I could, as well, but feel free. I hear Rangers are good at that sort of thing."

Cruxophim grins.

Shinann says, "I check them a couple of times a week."

Shinann clears her throat.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Shinann!

Speaking amusedly to Cryheart, Cruxophim informs, "She does, it's true. She's been quite diligent."

Cruxophim mutters something about ships.

Shinann nods at Cruxophim.

Shinann says, "Not done with that one either."

Speaking amusedly to Puptilian, Cruxophim states, "To be fair, Hapenlok did convey the -original- idea to me from... someone."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "You are more than welcome to do so. I just had a few ask so I simply mention I could."

Cruxophim looks at Puptilian and breaks into a cheeky grin.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "Well, a theory that I innocently posed to you a year or so ago, might have started the work, too."

Hapenlok shrugs at Cruxophim.

Speaking amicably to Puptilian, Cruxophim assures, "No, that would be grand, if you'd like. I was merely playfully ribbing."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "Oh my original idea was to use the various elements. Not what you propose."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "I knew enough to know I didn't know enough."

Hapenlok says, "Now....we're meeting with the Town Council."

Speaking nonchalantly to Puptilian, Cruxophim states, "Well, you know how things evolve."

Puptilian says, "I am more comfortable using the power from nature than some other source."

Hapenlok says, "And I don't know how I should feel about that."

Madmountan whispers something to Cruxophim.

Madmountan shrugs.

Speaking amusedly to Puptilian, Cruxophim states, "I'm sure you are. Others may have other areas of expertise."

Cruxophim gives Puptilian a strong, encouraging smile.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Madmountan!

Madmountan grins.

Cruxophim affably inquires, "ANyone have any questions?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "I am pretty sure no one has expertese in this area and really due to what almost came out of it scares me."

Speaking dubiously to Puptilian, Cruxophim muses, "Really?"

Speaking mildly to Puptilian, Cruxophim chides, "That sounds rather supertitious and unreasoned to me, but to each their own."

Cruxophim flashes a quick grin at Puptilian.

Speaking amicably to Puptilian, Cruxophim jests, "Well, if the Landing blows up, you can blame me for that as well."

Cruxophim chuckles.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Guennwhfar says, "It will definitely be yer fault."

Cruxophim nods grimly at Guennwhfar.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "If you take your time we will have a new person to blame."

Cruxophim raises his voice at Puptilian in merry laughter.

Speaking gently to Puptilian, Cruxophim assures, "I haven't been rushing into such matters. I don't actually wish to blow up the Landing, despite what Rone would have you believe."

A town crier arrives, "The Town Council will be here within a few moments."

You comment, "Entire cities and countries, not just pillars, have been founded on war and bloodshed. Sometimes it's best to move forward without worrying too much about how we got to where we are today."

Speaking to herself, Guennwhfar says, "If only he hadn't stolen the election from me, this town wuold have become so much greater."

Guennwhfar sighs.

Speaking amusedly to Guennwhfar, Cruxophim scolds, "And yet, you didn't run... again."

Speaking curiously to Stormyrain, Xeldome asks, "Let me touch your stuff?"

Stormyrain tilts her head down.

Stormyrain asks, "My ..stuff?"

Cruxophim can offer Xeldome only a blank expression.

Stormyrain squints at Xeldome.

Some town workers arrive, and quickly get to work on erecting a large canopy stretching out before Moot Hall, large enough for many townspeople to gather and avoid the rainfall.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a a large canopy, a silver-edged campaign sign that reads, "Vote for Lylia: Keep Your Children Safe.", a mushy black door, a mound of snow and a large purple wooden barrel.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Guennwhfar says, "You know you bribed the town officials to bar me from running! Ye played the race card."

Speaking to you, Puptilian says, "You do realize a girl was murder specifically to build each pillar so that each pillar would be part to help destroy this town? The pillars should have been destroyed."

Cruxophim wryly notes, "Finally."

Speaking calmly to Puptilian, Cruxophim reminds, "They're inanimate objects."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Puptilian says, "Yes but then half the people here won't get their much needed bath."

Cruxophim gazes up into the heavens.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Puptilian!

Speaking to Puptilian, Lylia asks, "Would destroying the pillars bring these women back?"

Speaking to Puptilian, you say, "I'm not saying that I'm comfortable with it. I'm also not especially comfortable with how many invaders we've killed in defense of the town--but some things can't be undone."

Speaking absently to you, Cruxophim agrees, "Precisely so, yes."

Puptilian says, "Nothing brings the girls back."

Speaking slowly to Puptilian, Cruxophim agrees, "That is our point, yes."

Speaking to Puptilian, Lylia says, "Exactly so."

Speaking to Puptilian, Raelee offers, "... certain forms of necromancy might offer a fair approximation..."

Cruxophim gazes in amusement at Raelee.

Cruxophim laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Speaking amusedly to Puptilian, Cruxophim consoles, "Besides, I've had Shinann policing me in my research for months."

Cruxophim flashes Shinann a toothy grin.

Shinann nods at Cruxophim.

Cruxophim calmly reminds, "It's all an open book, the findings and further proposals will be public if anyone wishes to scrutinize them."

Cruxophim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Goldstr beams happily at a droopy-eyed tan bloodhound!

A droopy-eyed tan bloodhound pads slowly east, sniffing along the ground.

Lornieh glances east.

Lornieh says, "Aww, I didn't get to pet him."

Cruxophim didactically repeats, "I've already consulted with several of our best and brightest of our minds, many who have offered to review such for inaccuracies or errors."

Speaking to Goldstr, Lornieh says, "You scared him off."

Lornieh pouts.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Lornieh!

Cryheart says, "He just stepped to the east."

Cryheart nods at Lornieh.

Cruxophim grins at Cryheart.

Lornieh says, "Maybe he'll wander back."

Cruxophim yells, "Winston!"

Goldstr says, "Tinks Winston hungry."

Cruxophim nods in agreement at Goldstr.

Speaking amicably to Evia, Cruxophim states, "The first step of several to building wards for our city."


Alendrial and Beldrin: Inquiries

Councilwoman Alendrial's group just arrived.

Alendrial smiles.

Cruxophim gives Alendrial a strong, encouraging smile.

Cruxophim gives Beldrin a strong, encouraging smile.

Beldrin bows.

Beldrin waves.

Alendrial says, "Good evening all."

Alendrial moves to stand under the canopy, Beldrin soon joins her side.

Cruxophim politely greets, "Good evening, Councilpersons."

Cruxophim glances at Alendrial and clasps his hands in a reverent gesture.

Cruxophim glances at Beldrin and clasps his hands in a reverent gesture.

Beldrin says, "I hope that canopy isn't using metal poles in this lightning storm...that's one gamble even I wouldn't take."

Alendrial smirks at Beldrin.

Cruxophim nods grimly at Beldrin.

Speaking to Beldrin, Puptilian says, "There is enough Knights in armor here to take the lighting for us."

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Puptilian!

Cruxophim flirts with Cryheart.

Cruxophim takes a few steps to his left.

Alendrial says, "Thank you all for coming."

Cruxophim gives Alendrial a strong, encouraging smile.

Speaking respectfully to Alendrial, Cruxophim responds, "Thank you for the time, Councilwoman."

Alendrial says, "I know it's late, we certainly do not wish to keep anyone long."

Alendrial says, "I understand Mayor, you have a proposal, and it's conception is to help us capture or stop this murderer Rone."

Speaking affably to Alendrial, Cruxophim relents, "Not for me, but late for some... I am sure."

Alendrial says, "Please, take a few moments to make your case, before we begin some questions."

Alendrial nods.

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Well, that was suppsed to be a SECRET, but okay... LOL."

Speaking mildly to Alendrial, Cruxophim corrects, "Actually, it's to protect our town in the long term."

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "We'll just pretend Rone isn't listening, hahahaha."

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "But yes, as an emergency measure to capture Rone. Hopefully unharmed, and without casualty."

Cruxophim nods faintly at Alendrial.

(Cruxophim leans into the privacy huddle REAL hard.)

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Well, I can't control everyone."

Speaking to Alendrial, Irar says, "Your bounty resulted in the deaths of innocents."

You sigh at Irar.

Alendrial says, "Your meddling resulted in the rise of Raznel."

Alendrial nods at Irar.

You state, "Unintended consequences both."

Speaking to Irar, Puptilian says, "Not now. Different time for that subject."

You nod in agreement at Alendrial.

You nod at Puptilian.

Cruxophim calmly explains, "In essence, what this will do is finish rendering the pillars into a non-inert state. NOT active, mind you, and not certainly not doing what they were once created to do, but..."

Speaking to Alendrial, Irar says, "My faults don't absolve yours."

Cruxophim calmly lectures, "This will create a field which we will eventually be able to control and tap --"

Speaking curiously to Irar, Cruxophim interjects, "Do you need a moment?"

Lylia mildly says, "Perhaps we could stop finding fault long enough to listen to the mayor."

Speaking to Irar, Hapenlok whispers aloud, "Let's finish this business before we go back to that!"

Cruxophim gives a sidelong glance at Irar.

Cruxophim gives Irar a strong, encouraging smile.

Irar shakes his head.

Speaking curiously to Cruxophim, Meureii interjects, "Anyone....will be able to use?"

Irar says, "Fine."

Speaking firmly to Meureii, Cruxophim says, "No, not anyone. Only key individuals involved in the security of the Landing, such as the Captains."

Cruxophim amicably adds, "And presumably the future Mayor, if the Council deems such appropriate, I suppose."

Cruxophim calmly states, "For any who don't know, the pillars are five powerful artifacts created by Stone."

Cruxophim wryly explains, "They've been gathering dust around town, ruined, for some time now."

Cryheart asks, "Were they not originally used to be a threat to the Landing?"

Cruxophim didactically opines, "I think this seems a waste, when we could rewrite them and harness them to the benefit of our town."

Cryheart rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alendrial says, "You speak of a benefit to the town."

Speaking calmly to Cryheart, Cruxophim agrees, "Yes, they were... they were originally intended to do the opposite of what I'm proposing, which was to break down wards protecting the Landing."

Alendrial asks, "To what end?"

Alendrial peers quizzically at Cruxophim.

Cryheart nods at Cruxophim.

Speaking affably to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "In layman's terms, if you'll forgive me, I propose we reverse them with some careful tinkering to do the exact opposite: Protect our town."

Speaking calmly to Alendrial, Cruxophim reasons, "We -know- they are powerful. Like any weapon, they can be used to defend or cause injury."

Alendrial asks, "So before, they were essentially used as a magical hammer to break wards...now you propose repurposing them to create wards?"

Speaking amicably to Alendrial, Cruxophim agrees, "More or less, if one boils it down to its essence."

Lylia says, "A hammer can build a home or strike down a wall."

Cruxophim adopts an agreeable expression.

Alendrial agrees with Lylia.

Cruxophim nods sagely at Lylia.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Shinann says, "Do not leave out the part where you worked on the first two with a conduit from the Shadow Realm. After Teuriz told us not to take anything but the boy Acorn."

Alendrial asks, "What do you envision these pillars and their wards protecting against?"

Speaking amusedly to Shinann, Cruxophim counters, "You took a child out, and far worse within you, most likely. It was a measured reaction, and one that caused no harmn."

Alendrial peers quizzically at Cruxophim.

Speaking calmly to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "Ithzir, to say the least. Perhaps even Stone himself, if the need arises, or perhaps... Raznel. We can never be sure of where the next threat will come, but it seems likely to be something cataclysmic eventually."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Shinann says, "We were told to take nothing but the child."

Cruxophim nods once at Alendrial.

Alendrial asks, "How would it protect us from them?"

Alendrial asks, "From their magic? From them entering our town?"

Speaking confidently to Alendrial, Cruxophim assures, "They have been studied exhaustively. They CAN be controlled, reworked... repurposed. It will not be easy, I assure you -- nothing of worth is -- but it can be done, with time and effort."

Speaking firmly to Alendrial, Cruxophim vows, "And I will keep studying them, as is needed."

Alendrial says, "That was not my question Mayor."

Speaking to Hlendril, Madmountan whispers aloud, "Glad to see you are still around."

Alendrial asks, "How would it protect us from them?"

Speaking amusedly to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "I'm getting to that."

Alendrial asks, "From their magic? From them entering our town?"

Alendrial nods.

Speaking to Madmountan, Hlendril says, "Honestly, I don't know if I am still allowed here."

Beldrin inclines his ear, listening intently.

Speaking amicably to Hlendril, you assure, "Everyone is welcome in the Landing except those who are banished, and even that's usually rescinded in time."

Speaking to Hlendril, Madmountan says, "I myself have been banished from the Landing in the past."

Evia says, "Yeah cuz they pass out pardons in big tear out booklets now a days."

You add, "Case in point."

[note: throughout the night the side conversation with Hlendril goes off the rails; I've cut out most of it, but I leave in surrounding context that draws a response from GM characters, which this one did because of because of Evia's comment]

Speaking patiently to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "I'll try to be brief, of course -- but essentially, we live in the midst of laylines of great power. These can be tapped into by using resonations generated from the pillars, and shifted to generate magic-repelling barriers, among other things."

Alendrial grins at Evia.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Evia!

Puptilian asks, "What protections will be put in place to make sure Stone does not come back and retake his creations to use on us again?"

Speaking thoughtfully to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "There are actually many ways in which this might be utilized, even I have not finished examining all of the possibilities."

Speaking simply to Puptilian, Cruxophim answers, "Encryption. We code the process so that only those who know the access incantations can utililize it in certain manners."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Lornieh asks, "So what are the repercussions if this thing fails?"

Speaking wryly to Puptilian, Cruxophim adds, "I presume we don't tell Stone."

Cruxophim nonchalantly corrects, "Presume, too."

Speaking to Lornieh, Kipara says, "The pillars remain broken."

Cruxophim nods in agreement at Kipara.

Puptilian says, "I hope it's good and hope those that know it ward their mind well as we know how good a mentalist Stone is."

Alendrial says, "I have one more question, then I will open a signup for those wishing to ask questions, or make a statement."

Lornieh asks, "True, but no chance of them deciding to blast us if they decide not to ward?"

Speaking surreptitiously to Puptilian, Cruxophim suggests, "Like Captain Stormyrain?"

Alendrial asks, "What precisely, is the process for re-activating these pillars?"

Speaking grimly to Alendrial, Cruxophim states, "It's going to be a long and complicated process. What I'm proposing for now is... simply fixing them up, a bit, as a first step. Something far more attainable."

Speaking wryly to Alendrial, Cruxophim jests, "It may take until my next term to complete fully, if there is one."

Cruxophim grins wryly.

Alendrial asks, "So what is the process for your initial "cleaning up"?"

Cruxophim amicably adds, "Or perhaps sooner, depending on the prerogative of the current leaders."

Speaking calmly to Alendrial, Cruxophim explains, "Imbuing the remaining unchanged three pillars with shadowy energy, basically. A process which has already been completed on two with zero ill-effects."

Cruxophim looks thoughtfully at Evia.

Alendrial asks, "Will it harm others to do the process?"

Cruxophim calmly explains, "Many of those who have visited the Shadow Realm have been faintly tainted by such. If they are willing to aid, that will work perfectly well."

Cruxophim looks over at Alendrial and shakes his head.

Speaking firmly to Alendrial, Cruxophim assures, "No."

ALylia removes a silver lily-etched button that reads "Team Lylia: Because the Right Words Move Worlds." from in her wrap.

Lylia offers Hlendril a silver lily-etched button that reads "Team Lylia: Because the Right Words Move Worlds.".

Lylia smiles.

Alendrial nods.

Hlendril accepts Lylia's lily-etched button.

Speaking confidently to Alendrial, Cruxophim vows, "I would not harm anyone for or to complete this process. That would be counterproductive."

Alendrial says, "I will open up the list now for those wishing to sign up and ask questions or make a comment."

Alendrial just opened the signup list for 40 signups.

Speaking to his lily-etched button, Hlendril exclaims, "More like: Vote Lylia, free Prisms for everyone to die to!"

Hlendril drops a silver lily-etched button that reads "Team Lylia: Because the Right Words Move Worlds.".

Cruxophim gives Alendrial a strong, encouraging smile.

Hlendril sighs.

Speaking to Hlendril, Lylia asks, "You are supporting Leafiara, then?"

Speaking to Lylia, Hlendril says, "Neither."

(Lylia affects a wounded look.)

Lylia says, "I see."

Cruxophim picks up a silver lily-etched button that reads "Team Lylia: Because the Right Words Move Worlds.".

Speaking to Hlendril, Marijka asks, "You understand that it was Leafiara, not Lylia, who blew us all up with a prism?"

Cruxophim puts on a silver lily-etched button that reads "Team Lylia: Because the Right Words Move Worlds.".

Cruxophim chuckles.

Hlendril says, "I think the Landing is doomed with such bad candidates."

Cruxophim shakes his head at Hlendril and clucks his tongue.

Madmountan says, "To be fair, Leafiara has killed us all with Rone prisms too."

Speaking to Hlendril, Lylia says, "Then feel free to toss the button down the well, along with your vote."

You gaze in amusement at Hlendril.

Speaking to Marijka, Hlendril says, "So why vote for her."

Beldannon darkly says, "Vote for me, more gambling more fishing more drinking. That would be a good platform I bet."

Speaking gently to Hlendril, Cruxophim chides, "Really, let's not be rude."

Alendrial glances at Hlendril.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Beldannon!

Speaking darkly to Cruxophim, Beldannon says, "Beldannon, not Beldrin."

Alendrial says, "If you do not approve, you are welcome to remove yourself."

Alendrial nods at Hlendril.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hlendril says, "I'm being honest. Rone Wehnimer is rolling in his grave about now."

You diplomatically say, "Everyone is welcome to their opinion and we have a more immediate concern--no need to get hung up on one mercenary's opinion."

Speaking amusedly to Beldrin, Cruxophim quips, "You both like gambling."

Cruxophim grins at Beldannon.

Alendrial says, "Otherwise, respect our gathering."

Cruxophim leans softly against Beldannon.


Comment #1, From Hapenlok: Support for the Plan

Alendrial says, "Hapenlok, you are up."

Hapenlok says, "I'll be brief. for a change."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hlendril says, "For a bloodthirsty lad, ye sure seem hesitant in supporting those damned imperials."

Puptilian says, "He's a little short on words...."

Puptilian whistles tunelessly to himself.

Cruxophim recites:

"Furthermore, I'll be happy to make most of this process fully public, of course... safe for a few matters pertinent to security, which will be share by the Council, etcetera"

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Puptilian!

Cruxophim gazes in amusement at Puptilian.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dirra asks, "Most?"

Hlendril says, "I came here... Hoping for a shelter from the Knights.... Only to be bombarded by pro-knightly faces everywhere."

Hapenlok says, "I've always looked for ways to protect the people of this town. And while I'm at odds with a great many of you here, I'll state, that I'm well aware of how many people died to make those pillars, and how many people died after those pillars were put into play."

Hlendril scowls.

Speaking patiently to Dirra, Cruxophim reminds, "We just discussed this. Allowing just anyone in has dire security consequences, it would be the height of foolishness. But the research and such will be public."

Speaking to Madmountan, Hlendril asks, "Can't we just have Murrandii or Methais as mayor instead?"

Evia says, "Hard to concentrate with all this side chatter."

Lylia gives a sigh of resignation.

Cruxophim calmly explains, "Eventually, the wards we be able to be imbued with power to defend the town by anyone, this should not be a threat."

Hapenlok says, "I believe that this is something that should be looked into. I believed it a year or so ago, when I posed the theory as Mayor's advisor. I still believe it now."

Speaking to Lylia, Hlendril asks, "Admitting defeat?"

Speaking to Hlendril, Madmountan says, "I'm scared of what a Methais mayorship might bring."

Speaking to Madmountan, Hlendril asks, "Oh?"

Lylia wearily says, "Admitting my desire to drag you off and push you in a well. But I cannot."

Speaking thoughtfully to Hlendril, Cruxophim notes, "I'm beginning to suspect you do not like knights."

Hapenlok says, "Anyway. That's all I have to say."

Hapenlok says, "The rest I'll leave for more secure settings."

Hapenlok nods at Alendrial.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hlendril says, "I'd kill em and take their women if I could, sir."

[I'll leave you to imagine the response to this over the next several minutes, which has been mostly edited out]

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "In truth, the plan is to use this initial phase to help capture Rone. But you didn't hear that from me."

Alendrial nods at Hapenlok.


Comment #2, From Stonmel: Pre-Existing Countermeasures?

Alendrial says, "Stonmel."

Stonmel nods.

Hapenlok says, "Yet...like always, we bicker, and bicker...and lose more opportunites. Let's hope this isn't one of those."

Hapenlok says, "Okay, now I'm really done."

Hapenlok grins at Alendrial.

Stonmel says, "I'll not pretend to understand all of this, I frankly don't need to, but one thing did catch my attention."

Speaking gently to Dirra, Cruxophim explains, "We're simply not going to give just anyone the keys to -alter- it against us, does that make sense?"

Cruxophim turns an inquisitive ear toward Stonmel.

Cruxophim chuckles.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dirra says, "Yes and no."

Speaking to Dirra, Cruxophim inquires, "What part of that does not make sense?"

Cruxophim peers quizzically at Dirra.

Speaking to Xeldome, Hlendril says, "They dislike honesty."

Cruxophim takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Speaking to Shinann, Hlendril asks, "Wanna banish me? Fine, do it. Let's see what this Landing will look like in a few months?" [note: in context it was others discussing banishment, not Shinann--but this is his last comment before Alendrial's response, so I've chosen this one to leave in]

Stonmel asks, "When asked how you'd ensure they weren't misused, you mentioned a safeguard to encrypt them or some such. Can you be sure they aren't already set up so that any safeguard in place isn't negated? I mean, if I were creating some magic device or some such, I'd think to ensure it couldn't be used against me. How can you know that any such safeguards even matter?"

Alendrial says, "Stop making a spectacle, you will never outshine me."

Alendrial nods at Hlendril.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Alendrial!

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dirra says, "Matters little, Lord Mayor. Not my town, but reactivating that which was born from the blood of innocents seems ill advised. Blood has a way of holding memory as does stone."

Speaking calmly to Stonmel, Cruxophim explains, "Think of it like a safe, but a safe that designed to phase out and be useless if you try to brute force your way inside."

Speaking gently to Dirra, Cruxophim muses, "I think I know a little about blood, my dear."

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Dirra!

Stonmel says, "I understand that you intend to put something in place, I'm asking how can you be sure that existing countermeasures don't exist to negate that."

Speaking gently to Dirra, Cruxophim assures, "As do the dozen or so other individuals who have looked over or aided with the work."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Dirra says, "Did not suggest otherwise. But saying a cautionary word."

Speaking calmly to Stonmel, Cruxophim explains, "Because I've been studying how they work for the better part of a year. I understand the basic principles, just as someone who trying to break into a home would know if a lock was on the door or not. Does that suffice?"

Cruxophim gives Stonmel a strong, encouraging smile.

Cruxophim bemusedly assures, "No one is going to get blown up, unless prisms are involved."

Cruxophim chuckles.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Stonmel says, "My question isn't so much that of what you know. It's more a thought I guess, if it's so well hidden that perhaps you are unable to know it or not."


Comment #3, From Puptilian: Caution

Speaking amicably to Puptilian, Cruxophim inquires, "Question?"

Evia says, "I swear all of the moons must be full." [in reference to ongoing discussion with Hlendril]

Alendrial says, "Puptilian."

Cruxophim nods in agreement at Evia.

Cruxophim adopts an agreeable expression.

Puptilian says, "Nah just a statement."

Puptilian says, "If it protects the town great. If not we'll deal with what happens. My only real comment for all involved to keep in mind. Never underestimate Grishom Stone."

Hlendril says, "I am offering my own opinion."

Speaking calmly to Puptilian, Cruxophim assures, "I have absolutely no intention to."

Hlendril asks, "I've served this city long and well and yet SOMEHOW for some odd reason other than a non-tax payer suddenly I'm nothing?"

Cruxophim gives Puptilian a strong, encouraging smile.

Speaking to Hlendril, Zosopage says, "This is not a mayoral debate at this time."

Alendrial glances at Hlendril.

Speaking to Zosopage, Hlendril asks, "What's going on then?"

Speaking thoughtfully to Puptilian, Cruxophim wonders, "But if he or Raznel returns, reigning pestilence and death upon the town... are you going to be as concerned about some old pillars then? Or would you prefer to be prepared?"

Cruxophim cocks his head at Puptilian.

Speaking to Hlendril, Evia asks, "How long do you intend trying to dominate and distract this entire discussion?"

Alendrial says, "If your ears were as wide as your mouth you'd know."

Hlendril exclaims, "Oh I get it, the GODS are playing!"

Speaking firmly to Puptilian, Cruxophim opines, "For too long, we've been victims of those wielding power against us. It's time we used some of that against them."

Cruxophim bemusedly assures, "I have no intention of doing anything reckless, or foolish, or half-baked. The research is there for anyone to review, if they wish. I welcome it."

Suddenly, a pair of lawmen come striding in. They wrestle Hlendril to the ground and drag him off, muttering something about the stocks!

Cruxophim grins wryly.

Cruxophim gazes in amusement at his surroundings.

Alendrial asks, "Shall we continue?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, you say, "It's true we can't count on Rodnay for everything--we do need to establish more defenses."

Speaking seriously to you, Cruxophim agrees, "Precisely so."

Evia asks, "What has this to do with Rodnay?"

Evia acts puzzled.

Alendrial asks, "Does anyone else have any questions?"

Speaking to Evia, Hapenlok says, "I think...before I leave, I'll explain. Seems like we've had an over-reliance on Rodnay's Talents, as they are, to save the day."

Speaking to Evia, you explain, "His point that we don't have enough power to fight our enemies with. We do have one very helpful ally, but other than that..."

You shake your head.

You nod in agreement at Hapenlok.

Speaking to Hapenlok, you agree, "Exactly."

Cruxophim gently reminds, "This is only phase one of many. There will be plenty of time to wring-hands and moralize and ponder the repercussions long before anything solid comes to light."

Cruxophim chuckles.


Comment #4, From Shinann: The Shadow Realm?

Alendrial says, "Captain Shinann."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Shinann asks, "Will you be using the Shadow Realm to repair the others?"

Beldrin turns an inquisitive ear toward Cruxophim.

Speaking simply to Shinann, Cruxophim explains, "Not if I can help it. It's no secret that I'm tainted, but so are others. If we extract a small amount of essence from others who travelled there, it should be completely safe. The more individuals, the less we have to extract, the exponentially safer if becomes."

Cruxophim gives Shinann a strong, encouraging smile.

Shinann nods at Cruxophim.

Speaking dubiously to Shinann, Cruxophim scolds, "That's the exact opposite of what I just answered."

Cruxophim squints at Shinann.


The White Cloaks Approach

In the shadowy alley between two nearby buildings, a white-cloaked figure appears, standing at the edge of the street, unmoving.

Alendrial furrows her brow.

Speaking calmly to Shinann, Cruxophim explains, "There are numerous other ways."

Speaking distractedly to Shinann, Cruxophim scolds, "Read the damn report I sent you."

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Shinann!

Cruxophim calmly warns, "On your guard, all."

To the south, in another alleway, a white-cloaked figure appears, emerging from the shadows nestled between two buildings.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Evia says, "I might have many other questions, in a quiet setting, perhaps, this has been too loud."

Cruxophim narrows his eyes, his dark sclera reduced to mere slits.

Speaking gently to Evia, Cruxophim assures, "Of course, Dame Evia."

You cautiously say, "Well... even more on our guard than before, now."

Nearby, a third white-cloaked figure appears, just out of reach, but looking at the crowd gathered outside of Moot Hall.

Evia exclaims, "Attack of the Rone-Clones!"

Telum says, "We're gettin flanked."

Alendrial steps back closer to Moot Hall.

Hapenlok cheerfully says, "Oh. This is rich."

Speaking gently to Shinann, Cruxophim promises, "I'll explain further later. Pressing matters, for now."

Cruxophim frowns.

Lylia moves to stand in front of Alendrial.

Cruxophim moves to stand in front of Alendrial.

Marijka dryly says, "And me without my own white cloak."

Speaking quietly to Alendrial, Meureii says, "Stay close."

Stonmel says, "Hmm, no sign of the guards... how... normal."

You walk toward Alendrial.

Goldstr moves over to Alendrial and stands ready to guard her from attack.

Cruxophim sharply barks, "Guard the Councilpersons, please!"

Evia says, "Well, at least we can deduce who Rone...isn't."

Cruxophim nods once at Cryheart.

Archales says, "Sounds like a dangerous job."

Marijka moves away from Saepre, over to Alendrial, and stands ready to protect her from attack.

Cryheart moves over to Beldrin and stands ready to guard him from attack.

Puptilian asks, "Isn't it bad enough that we have the Rooks. Do we now have the brotherhood of the Rones?"

Lylia coolly says, "Probably best to watch and listen rather than act. 'Rone.'."

Speaking absently to Evia, Cruxophim agrees, "True."

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Puptilian!

A fourth and fifth white-cloaked figure appears, popping out from behind buildings, just at the edge of the Town Square East.

Cryheart nods at Cruxophim.

Cryheart asks, "An illusion?"

Speaking to Alasatia, Melivn says, "Is now the right time of year to be wearing white I can never remember."

Cruxophim absently speculates, "I suspect this may be a statement of sorts."

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "Not sure."

Telum says, "Maybe we should move her somewhere more secure."

You suggest, "Council... perhaps you should retreat to a sanctuary."

Cryheart nods.

Evia says, "This....feels....familiar."

Cruxophim absently guesses, "A... display."

Cruxophim nods in agreement to you.

Cruxophim moves to stand in front of Beldrin.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Guennwhfar asks, "A fashion statement?"

Cruxophim moves to stand in front of Alendrial.

Puptilian yells, "This is not the way to make change in this town. Go home!"

Speaking to Melivn, Alasatia says, "No.. No."

Speaking wryly to Guennwhfar, Cruxophim quips, "Not with that cloak, dear."

Archales says, "Showmanship."

Speaking to Evia, Madmountan says, "I bet these are squishier than the others though."

Cryheart yells, "Shoo Rone and illusions!"

Cruxophim paces to his left, moving in a circle around the Moot Hall.

One by one, white-cloaked figures step into view, to the north, south, east, and west, all focused on Moot Hall. Some of the figures are short, tall, stout of frame, even slender or muscular.

Puptilian says, "It's a following."

Speaking to Alasatia, Melivn says, "Oh we should let those people in the cloaks know then, thats a little embrassing and they all showed up in the same thing too."

Cruxophim nods slowly at Puptilian.

Zosopage says, "Great. Vigilantes."

Mourne murmurs, "...someone made some friends."

Speaking to Melivn, Alasatia says, "Why don't you tell them."

Cryheart says, "More folks in one spot...the more who can defend."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "We demand justice against the Mayor."

Cruxophim frowns.

You ruefully say, "This is getting well out of hand."

Hapenlok says, "Of course he did."

Cruxophim grimly warns, "This is precisely why he needs to have been stopped weeks ago."

Puptilian says, "Oh I dont know if they are vigilantes as simply supporting the Rone."

Telum says, "Ooh they gonna lynch ya Crux."

Zosopage moves away from Cruxophim, over to Beldrin, and stands ready to protect him from attack.

Evia says, "We demand justice against YOU."

Cruxophim wryly reminds, "Ideas have influence... power."

Lylia says, "Justice is found in a court of law."

Cruxophim calmly offers, "You're welcome to come and take me, if you wish."

Melivn yells, "I demand you guys stop with the cute dressing up like each other!"

Beldannon darkly says, "The mayor is innocent."

Speaking to Alasatia, Melivn says, "I told them."

Cryheart asks, "Someone defending Crux?"

Beldannon moves away from Ushakaron, over to Cruxophim, and stands ready to guard him from attack.

Telum says, "Well yer welcome to try."

Guennwhfar exclaims, "I agree! The Mayor is a usurper!"

Telum moves to stand in front of Cruxophim.

Cruxophim calmly assures, "But I assure you it won't be easy."

Admist the growing chaos, Beldrin quietly takes Alendrial's arm and leads her into Moot Hall.

Speaking to Telum, Guennwhfar says, "At least, people who recognize that I am the rightful Mayor."

You note, "Rone has never attacked the Mayor before, despite his promises... will this be the night he does, or is it all some bigger purpose?"

Zosopage moves over to Cruxophim and stands ready to protect him from attack.

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Can someone assure they remain safe."

Cryheart says, "Ok...that takes away too many targets."

Lylia whispers something to Cruxophim.

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "Stand aside. We have come for the Mayor."

Stormyrain moves to stand in front of Cruxophim.

Cruxophim nods faintly at Lylia.

Hapenlok whispers to the group, "Against all better judgment. I will."

Madmountan yells, "Give it yer best shot!"

Cruxophim looks thoughtfully at Stormyrain.

Marijka amusedly says, "There aren't enough of you to take the mayor."

Lylia says, "I would prefer not to. If you seek justice, it is not found on the streets."

Evia moves to stand in front of Cruxophim.

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Marijka!

You decisively say, "I cannot do that... whoever you vigilantes are."

Evia says, "No."

Shinann says, "Tell us who you are. This is not how things are done here."

Beldannon darkly asks, "Perhaps we could all step outside the city and have a little fun?"

Cruxophim calmly assures, "They're right. Justice is not to be found in an alley, it is to be found in a court."

Xeldome yells, "Do you have nice stuff?"

Puptilian recites:

"Citizens of this town. You want justice but you act like Rooks. Is that what you want? To be the criminals that you want to clean up in this town. Go home. What you are doing does not help your cause."

Archales says, "Someone better arrest em then, they look likes they mean business."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "The Mayor has been found to have butchered and eaten our people. The wicked around him protect him."

Madmountan says, "All lies."

Cruxophim amusedly observes, "Wicked."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "We have come to apprehend him and serve justice."

Maylan exclaims, "Lies!"

Cruxophim glances between Dinaden and Cryheart.

You seriously say, "That investigation is, as far as I know, still ongoing."

Stormyrain retorts, "The Mayor stands accused. He has not been found guilty of anything."

Cruxophim glances between Puptilian and Stormyrain.

Melivn says, "We dont all have fancy matching outfits for a gang knife fight, this will have to be rescheduled I think."

Telum says, "Spose that's one perspective."

Meureii yells, "And we hold some of your wounded."

Nazarr says, "He is accused of this. Accusation is not proof."

Guennwhfar says, "Cannibalism? Hmm, maybe Crux isn't all bad after all."

Marijka says, "The mayor hasn't been found to do anything of the sort. The allegations made against him are questionable, at best."

Cryheart yells, "What and where is your evidence?"

Telum says, "So much for jury of peers eh."

Lylia says, "The mayor may go to court -- but he has not been found to have done any such thing."

Lylia asks, "Do you know how this works?"

Meureii yells, "Come out and stand down!"

Meranda says, "Jury - mob its a fine line."

Lylia hisses, "Would you like a lesson?"

Cruxophim recites:

"If there are charges filed against me, I will comply. I am not the monster you believe me to be, just a man who wishes to serve his town."

Lylia says, "I am in a mood to teach one."

Like the spreading of fire, more ashen figures appear out of alleyways and buildings, converging on Town Square East.

Mourne mildly says, "I don't think this is the kind of 'frontier justice' the people who live here really want to encourage."

Falvicar quietly says, "If you want to acuse Mayor Crux, then it do so correctly. Else my blade will protect him this night as you no more different than Chaston and the Blameless with this mockery of justice."

Telum says, "Gird yer loins."

Archales says, "I'm not getting stabbed for this."

Madmountan says, "I am."

Guennwhfar says, "This bodes ill."

Nazarr says, "This is not justice. It's cowardice."

Mourne murmurs, "...which of you won't be pure enough, tomorrow?"

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "Stand down. We will take the Mayor."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "He will face trial and judgement."

Madmountan exclaims, "You will not!"

You say, "It's just like during Chaston's crusades--our townspeople taking up arms against us. But this time with no mind control."

Stormyrain loudly says, "No."

Altheren darkly says, "You will not."

Lylia says, "Then he faces trial in a court of law."

Xeldome yells, "He asked you to stand down first!"

Shinann says, "In our courts."

Lylia stresses, "Law."

Zosopage asks, "And who is to be the judge?"

Nazarr says, "I sense some prejudgment in your decision."

Cruxophim calmly repeats, "That is not justice. Justice is not for a mob to decide, but for the Law."

Puptilian says, "The only judge in this town is Renpaw."

Falvicar quietly says, "Judge Renpaw would be the judge. Not ya'll."

Hapenlok says, "...this is rich."

The voice of Archales says, "I never found judge Renpaw to be very fair."

Lylia asks, "You are not the law here. You are no judges. Unless Renpaw is among you?"

You say, "He might well face trial if the circumstances say he should, but it won't be because you apprehended him by force."

Warclaidh says, "Lets paint the town red....."

Telum says, "Maybe a neutral party, someone living under a rock for all this."

Marijka says, "Yes, if Renpaw is among you, let him come forward."

Telum says, "Dwarves live under rocks."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "We will hold him for trial. Those around him protect him or are too frightened to move against him. We will hold him for his trial."

Nazarr says, "This is still a place of law, not mobs."

Stormyrain loudly says, "If you'd like to formally accuse the Mayor we can call for the constable."

Madmountan says, "No, you will not."

Lylia whispers something to Cruxophim.

Cruxophim amusedly scoffs, "Protect me? I sit in my office, doing work, night in and night out. I am not hiding. I am not leaving."

Kipara says, "That hardly sounds legal."

Maylan says, "You'll hold a bolt to the head, is what' you'll do."

Marijka dryly says, "Your credibility is quite as lacking as anybody else's."

Falvicar smugly says, "Hmmph. Come and try."

Evia asks, "Bah, who is this WE you keep blabbering about anyway?"

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "His corruption has poisoned the guard and militia. He will come with us."

Telum says, "He's not exactly a flight risk. He doesn't move."

Kipara says, "And it sounds like an assumption."

Cryheart yells, "You act without actual evidence..but the words of a few who coud not see in the dark!"

Madmountan says, "Move in, if you dare."

Lylia asks, "Come with you where? To what jail-house? To face which judge?"

Cruxophim dubiously mutters, "Poisoned... Shinan was just chiding me for my proprosal."

Cruxophim bursts out in loud, raucous laughter.

Shinann says, "I am not poisoned."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Melivn says, "Ooooooo that guy's talking smack."

Lylia repeats, "You are not the law."

Rhayveign asks, "And who exactly are you? Who appointed you to this position you think you hold?"

Altheren darkly says, "He will not."

Cruxophim laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Cruxophim grins at Shinann.

Hapenlok says, "Interesting. they remind me of Blameless."

Cruxophim bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Stormyrain.

Archales says, "Well this seems like a internal squabble between townsfolk, perhaps going along with the notion of a trial isn't a bad idea."

Speaking dryly to Hapenlok, you say, "I just said that. And they do."

Evia says, "They do."

Archales says, "I'm gonna leave you all to it and find a drink."

Cruxophim amusedly scolds, "You lot clearly do not know the Captains. They're hardly sympathetic to me."

Hapenlok says, "Well, I was making sure that Beldrin was safe. So I didn't hear that."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Archales says, "Good luck."

Kipara recites:

"You are not the law, you have no judge, come closer if you dare"

Evia exclaims, "Come out and show us your heads!"

Voices echo out from the white-cloaked figures, "We are Rone. We are Wehnimer's."

Stormyrain loudly says, "The militia remains in service to this town, no matter who the Mayor is, and we will stand against any who seek to harm our way of life."

Nazarr says, "A trial requires evidence. They have none. All they want to do is kill. And murder is not justice."

Hapenlok says, "Well."

Altheren darkly says, "You are fools."

Stormyrain growls, "Whether that be Mayor, Rook, or Rone."

Hapenlok says, "I hate it."

Cruxophim curiously wonders, "Are you Rone? Or Rooks? Are you Wehnimer's?"

Lylia says, "You are hiding."

Evia says, "WE are Wehnimers."

Hapenlok says, "I'm forced to agree with Archales."

Kipara says, "Funny, Wehnimer's is here telling you to shove off."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to get stinking drunk."

Marijka boredly says, "You are a pack of common rabble who don't have the ability to back your demands with action. You rely upon us for force of arms."

You slowly ask, "You are Wehnimer's? What does that even mean?"

Telum says, "Yep yer lookin at the Landing, not representing it."

Hapenlok says, "And leave you lot to it."

Hapenlok says, "This fight isn't mine."

Speaking to Maylan, Hapenlok asks, "Care to join, drinking buddy?"

Warclaidh says, "Im a Rone tonight too, wanna go to inn with me."

Shinann says, "If you do not come forward and place proper charges, then you are criminals also."

Rhayveign says, "Well WE are the citizens of this town - WE are what make up Wehnimer's. And we do not agree with this, nor do our officials."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Maylan says, "I am a tad worried about the Mayor."

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Captains, others... what say you? Shall I go with these figures?"

Hapenlok says, "He's fine."

Madmountan whispers to the group, "Hell no."

Stormyrain can offer Cruxophim only a blank expression.

Evia looks over at Cruxophim and shakes her head.

Hapenlok says, "It's funny."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Maylan says, "I should perhaps stick around to make sure."

Falvicar looks over at Cruxophim and shakes his head.

Stormyrain shakes her head.

You whisper, "No, not at all. They can't be trusted." to your group.

Hapenlok says, "He stands accused of one thing he probably didn't do."

Telum whispers to the group, "Stand strong you have the town behind ya bud."

Cruxophim whispers to the group, "Well, there you have it then."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "This is your last warning. Stand aside. We will take the Mayor into our custody, as citizens. He will face trial by Renpaw."

Cruxophim chuckles.

Lylia whispers to the group, "That is your choice -- but if you go with them, I go."

Hapenlok says, "Yet there's a lot that he should have answered for."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "If you protect this criminal and butcher, then you are as guilty."

Nazarr asks, "Oh, so Renpaw is one of you?"

You whisper, "Nor do they have the power to take you--either legally or by force." to your group.

Beldannon darkly says, "I prefer trial by fire."

Nazarr says, "That's interesting."

Cruxophim politely states, "I'm afraid I cannot go with you. The will of the other part of this equation have spoken."

Evia says, "You will face trial also."

Warclaidh says, "Trial by wombat."

Falvicar quietly says, "No. This is your last warning. Stand down less Renpaw be among you in which case show yourself."

Hapenlok says, "But I'm not planning on fighting townspeople this time."

Madmountan says, "Bring it in, copycats."

Cryheart says, "Citizens who want to preserve the law while hiding their faces is nae justice, but vigilantism."

You defiantly say, "We stand ready... make your move if you dare try."

Kipara says, "We are guilty of nothing but refusing your rediculous claims."

Cruxophim sternly warns, "Lay down your weapons and surrender, step forward peaceful. There needs to be no bloodshed here today."

Kittai says, "I don't see any evidence that they're citizens anyway."

Speaking soothingly to Melivn, Alasatia says, "Shh, soon."

Many of the white-cloaked figures move their hands to their belts or sides, touching the handles and hilts of weapons.

Guennwhfar exclaims, "Yeah, make them show their papers!"

Beldannon darkly says, "Oh bring it please."

Speaking to Dinaden, Dirra says, "Not our fight but we will protect innocents."

Cruxophim sternly warns, "This is -your- last warning, as well."

Cryheart says, "We can tap as well."

Altheren darkly says, "They have a choice to make."

Melivn says, "Oh please dont take the belts off."

Stormyrain raises her voice in rhythmic song, commanding the aid of the elements.

Stormyrain skillfully begins to weave another verse into her harmony.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Cruxophim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Cruxophim nods once at Raelee.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok quips, "And on that note... I'm going to your office to drink your whiskey."

Cruxophim begins chuckling at Hapenlok!

Clairette says, "What of -your- crimes, Rone? You turned my wife into mincemeat with an explosive. Your actions are not without consequences."

Irar says, "And please stop wearing white while pretending to do justice."

Cruxophim nods understandingly at Dirra.

Maylan asks, "We accuse you lot of disturbing the peace, slander, and general rude behavior! How do you plead?"

Stormyrain says, "I will not see citizens mowed down in the streets, nor will I see the Mayor harmed."

Cruxophim gives Dirra a strong, encouraging smile.

Shinann says, "Stop this! You cannot take the law into your hands."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "We will not harm the Mayor."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "If he comes quietly."

Puptilian recites:

"Citizens of the town. We are better than this. If you want to clean the town then do so by the laws we want to follow. Go to the judge, do this the right way. Doing so by force solves nothing and gets people hurt."

Telum says, "Same back to you."

Kittai says, "Heard that one before."

Stonmel says, "Maybe if the law wasn't broken in this town, folks wouldn't feel this way."

Madmountan says, "He's not coming. give it up."

Telum says, "Come out easy and nobody gets hurt."

One of the white-cloaked figures says, "We will not harm you, if you stand down and do not protect him."

Cruxophim curiously inquires, "What cause do they have to believe you?"

Beldannon darkly says, "Oh well then if you say it like that."

Zosopage asks, "And we are supposed to believe you? Believe Rone?"

Melivn asks, "What if he goes but he's all yappy?"

Kittai says, "Also heard THAT one before."

Kipara recites:

"You will not harm the Mayor PERIOD"

Warclaidh says, "Only through mass death can we solve this.....it is obvious."

Speaking to Cruxophim, you insist, "Don't give in. They have no leverage in this situation."

Evia says, "You are no better than thugs."

Telum says, "Mass calm might work."

Meureii calmly concedes, "Bring the Good Judge out and you can have the Mayor."

Lylia whispers something to Cruxophim.

Speaking to Dinaden, Dirra says, "We protect innocents, we might be drawn into this however."

Speaking to Madmountan, Kipara says, "Back me up here, tough guy."

Cruxophim calmly states, "I'll go with them. To see what they want. I doubt they will back down, besides... we'll just have to expedite the election then."

Cruxophim smiles faintly.

Cruxophim chuckles.

Speaking to you, Stonmel says, "That's right, don't listen to the voices of common citizens, they don't matter. So much for your claims."

Cruxophim takes a few steps in a small circle.

Altheren darkly says, "This grows tiresome cloaked figures. You are outnumbered and out matched. We will not allow chaos to reign. You will not have your quarry. Make your move. Or leave."

Cruxophim strides a few steps forward.

Cruxophim looks over at Lylia and shakes his head.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Evia asks, "Mayor, who will serve in your stead?"

Speaking to Stonmel, you say, "They have every right to voice their thoughts and I am listening--but they don't have the right to take the Mayor by force."

Speaking to Kipara, Madmountan says, "I actually spoke first."

Speaking wryly to Evia, Cruxophim assures, "You aren't getting rid of me that easily."

Cruxophim winks at Evia.

Cruxophim strides a few steps forward.

Cruxophim raises his hands in surrender!

Speaking seriously to Cruxophim, you ask, "Are you certain about this?"

Cruxophim calmly states, "Very well, take me to your leader."

Cruxophim grins wryly.

Speaking to Madmountan, Kipara says, "Yeah, I just meant that I need you to stand in fromt of me as a "meat shield" of sorts."

Lylia offers Cruxophim a reddish gold verlok feather.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Evia says, "I hope not, but they are not to be trusted."

Cruxophim affably muses, "I've always wanted to say that."

Cruxophim chuckles.

Cruxophim accepts Lylia's verlok feather.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Marijka says, "I insist that you let me accompany you."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Madmountan says, "No, this doesn't work for me."

Maylan says, "We should all accompany him."

The white-cloaked figures begin to move in, some unsheathing their weapons.

Beldannon darkly says, "Don't go with them, I want to fight."

Speaking gently to Marijka, Cruxophim states, "No, I won't see anyone harmed over this foolishness."

Zosopage says, "Take some of us with you and some of you stay behind as assurances til we know exactly what's going on."


Battle at Moot Hall

A short white-cloaked townsperson just arrived!

Warclaidh says, "These hooded figures are masterminds, they are putting us all to sleep slowly but surely......"

A tall white-cloaked townsperson just arrived!

Puptilian gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Cruxophim greets a tall white-cloaked townsperson. Perhaps they're in cahoots!

Puptilian gestures.

A calm washes over a tall white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a short white-cloaked townsperson.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Goldstr says, "If ye be sure I stand down."

Cryheart says, "Keep those weapons sheathed."

Telum draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A short white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson just arrived!

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson just arrived!

Cruxophim nods appreciatively at Goldstr.

Telum draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

Puptilian gestures.

A calm washes over a muscular white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a slender white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a tall white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a short white-cloaked townsperson.

Evia says, "Arrest them."

Cruxophim folds his hands behind his back.

Evia yells, "Constable!"

Telum says, "Well so far so good."

Speaking patiently to a short white-cloaked townsperson, Cruxophim offers, "I'm waiting."

A tall white-cloaked townsperson just arrived!

Kipara looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Kipara whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Kipara attempts to jab a tall white-cloaked townsperson!

UAF: 276 vs UDF: 681 = 0.405 * MM: 36 + d100: 11 = 25

A clean miss!

Kipara attempts to jab a tall white-cloaked townsperson!

UAF: 276 vs UDF: 681 = 0.405 * MM: 39 + d100: 88 = 103

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Poor form! Barely brushed the left arm.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson is awakened by Kipara's attack!

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson is enraged by Kipara's attack!

Kipara attempts to jab a muscular white-cloaked townsperson!

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within Kipara!

UAF: 291 vs UDF: 515 = 0.565 * MM: 41 + d100: 15 = 38

A clean miss!

Kipara attempts to jab a muscular white-cloaked townsperson!

UAF: 276 vs UDF: 515 = 0.535 * MM: 44 + d100: 73 = 96

A close miss!

Puptilian gestures.

A calm washes over a tall white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a muscular white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a slender white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a tall white-cloaked townsperson.

A calm washes over a short white-cloaked townsperson.

Telum draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

Beldannon darkly says, "Huge granite club, they must have been in Icemule."

Altheren gestures at a tall white-cloaked townsperson.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson is awakened by Altheren's attack!

A tall white-cloaked townsperson is enraged by Altheren's attack!

CS: +457 - TD: +285 + CvA: -21 + d100: +2 == +153

Warding failed!

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into his head as his body goes limp on the ground.

Beldannon darkly says, "Er Teras."

Kipara says, "SHOVE OFF."

Kittai says, "Well so much for that."

Xorus dryly says, "It is fortunate that I am no longer dressed that way."

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson swings a huge granite club at Xeldome!

AS: +301 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +47 = +65

A clean miss.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson swings a silk-wrapped moon axe at Guennwhfar!

Guennwhfar gracefully avoids the attack!

A tall white-cloaked townsperson swings a white steel glaive at Madmountan!

Madmountan parries a tall white-cloaked townsperson's attack and immediately retaliates with a strike of his own!

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a tall white-cloaked townsperson!

AS: +613 vs DS: +430 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +50 = +262

... and hits for 74 points of damage!

Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.

The white-cloaked townsperson is stunned!

Speaking amusedly to Cruxophim, Marijka asks, "Harm? These lot?"

Evia draws a glowing pattern in the air before a muscular white-cloaked townsperson.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

Puptilian says, "Don't hurt them."

[the situation quickly degenerates as a few adventurers begin attacking]

Melivn says, "Oooooooo it's a fight now."

Cruxophim firmly requests, "Don't harm them, they may be wrong, but they may still be ours?"

[battle continues regardless, now intensifying]

Lylia shakes her head.

Cruxophim takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Lylia glares.

Falvicar recites quietly:

"Enough"

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Telum says, "Great now you set off Warclaidh."

Speaking to Dinaden, Dirra says, "Do not attack unless attacked."

Stonmel says, "I'm sure there will be justice for those attacking these citizens."

Telum says, "He's hard to put back in the holster."

Warclaidh says, "I was just loving on people."

Madmountan says, "For the record, I was attacked first."

Kipara says, "I was on a roll."

A white-cloaked townsperson says, "Kipara attacked us! She defends the Mayor!"

Evia says, "Never any restraint around here."

You say, "In respect for Captain Stormy, who had to leave... a sanctuary."

Kipara yells, "I do!"

Cryheart says, "Dinnae harm the townsfolk."

[...but the sanctuary does nothing, as more townspeople arrive and attack]

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson swings a huge granite club at Kipara!

AS: +339 vs DS: +301 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +66 = +148

... and hits for 21 points of damage!

Jarring blow to Kipara's back.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson swings a silk-wrapped moon axe at Ktovashy!

AS: +422 vs DS: +518 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +77 = +10

A clean miss.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson swings a white steel glaive at Mourne!

AS: +477 vs DS: +352 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +19 = +175

... and hits for 40 points of damage!

Nice puncture to the back, just grazed the spine!

Hapenlok sternly says, "...the next person...that swings at another of these people....is going to die at my hands."

A slender white-cloaked townsperson swings a silk-wrapped moon axe at Daghina!

AS: +422 vs DS: +261 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +22 = +213

... and hits for 77 points of damage!

Awful slash nearly decapitates Daghina!

That's one way to lose your head.

Daghina drops dead at your feet!

The white-cloaked townsperson howls with vicious delight!

[the first adventurer casualty happens, amidst Leafi and Crux creating more sanctuaries in vain]

Telum exclaims, "Disarm, disable, don't kill!"

Lylia draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before her.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A short white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

A short white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

Hapenlok channels at Altheren.

CS: +520 - TD: +423 + CvA: +2 + d100: +80 - -5 == +184

Warding failed!

Small flames of yellow and orange hues begin to lick at Altheren. Before long, the flames grow more violent, reaching hungrily up his body. He falls to the ground and the flames engulf him. Black smoke rises in tendrils from the large blaze around Altheren as he burns.

Altheren drops dead at your feet!

Tercolla exclaims, "Please Stop!"

[combat continues, mostly a few people attacking while others disable]

Cryheart says, "Madness."

From nearby, you hear Ushakaron yell, "I will stay in the hall for a bit!"

Cryheart yells, "Stop!"

Irar says, "Bah."

The ghostly voice of Mourne says, "...this can't end well for anyone, now."

Telum says, "There's no need for blood."

Hapenlok angrily exclaims, "ENOUGH!"

Dirra yells, "Stop!"

Lylia flatly says, "No." [I take this as a response to Mourne or Telum, not Hap or Dirra, as Lylia was not among those attacking]

Dirra yells, "Stop!"

Cryheart says, "Ye are not better than Rone."

Meureii politely warns, "No more harming of the innocents."

Cryheart yells, "Stop!"

Falvicar quietly says, "Well.. they did start it."

Goldstr exclaims, "Stand down folks!"

Kipara says, "Hap killed Altheren."

Cruxophim recites:

"CALM, NOW. I will come with you, cease immediately."

Irar exclaims, "Stop!"

Cruxophim frowns.

From nearby, you hear Beldannon yell, "You can't stop stupid!"

Tercolla exclaims, "Stop people!"

Melivn exclaims, "WEEEEE!"

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson and company just arrived!

You recite:

"Stop--disable, do not attack!"

Cruxophim frowns.

[combat continues, amidst many efforts to "just" disable, but does slow down a bit as some cease their attacks by choice and mounting deaths draw attention away to triage, leading to a swarm of townspeople...]

You draw a glowing pattern in the air before you.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A short white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A short white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson's eyes flutter for a moment.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson's eyes roll up into its head as its body goes limp on the ground.

Fromer says, "This is mad."

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Maylan asks, "They are all behaving rather rudely, don't you think?"

Lylia glares at Irar. [context being that he's attacking]

Cruxophim takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Dirra says, "This is murder wrapped in the paper of justice, wrong."

From nearby, you hear Beldannon yell, "Damn guy swung at me!"

Stonmel says, "The privileged class murdering the commoners demanding justice in the street. How... expected."

Hapenlok channels at Madmountan.

CS: +520 - TD: +412 + CvA: -21 + d100: +79 - -5 == +171

Warding failed!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Madmountan and he bursts into flame causing 61 points of damage!

... 1 point of damage!

Burst of flames chars neck a crispy black.

He is stunned!

... 5 points of damage!

Nasty burns to back. Won't be sleeping on that for awhile.

... 1 point of damage!

Burst of flames to right hand burns fingers bright red.

... 1 point of damage!

Minor burns to left hand. Ouch.

From nearby, you hear Cruxophim yell, "If you want me, come and claim me!"

Cryheart says, "Both sides are committing injustice."

Alasatia tiredly asks, "Are we done yet?"

[combat continues]

Telum says, "Would not appear so."

Evia says, "What the hell."

Ethereal white ribbons shimmer into being and swiftly twist and twirl in the air, dancing almost playfully around you.

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

Speaking the words of a sacred incantation, you channel the power of divine displeasure toward those deserving of punishment.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A short white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A slender white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

A tall white-cloaked townsperson freezes, overwhelmed by the strength of the holy incantation.

Melivn asks, "Why is Hap just murdering people?"

Cryheart says, "Those who are young go into Moot for ye safety."

Speaking to Melivn, Alasatia asks, "Does he need a reason?"

Cryheart says, "If I could I would sleep all of ye."

You say, "Unbelievable... this is what it's come to."

Irar says, "They have violated the laws, Lylia."

Cruxophim frowns.

Hapenlok exclaims, "ENOUGH!"

Sir Cryheart's group just entered the Moot Hall.

You pointedly ask, "And that makes you executioner?"

Thrassus asks, "What is happening here?"

Melivn says, "Awwww."

Cryheart says, "Now...let them kill each other."

Maylan says, "A blood bath."

Evia says, "No restraint."

Melivn says, "Crux is outside."

Cryheart says, "I brought ye in to Moot."

[Leafi goes back outside, where combat continues]

Cruxophim recites:

"REFORM ON ME"

Irar exclaims, "Stand down townsfolk!"

Irar exclaims, "Stand down, in the face of the law!"

Meureii says, "If they continue to kill those gathered I will continue to defend."

Melivn says, "Awwww they're so cute when they're sleeping."

Telum says, "Yeah why didn't think of sanct earlier."

Thrassus says, "I take a nap and the townsfolk go mad."

Telum says, "Leafi that's on you."

Speaking to Telum, you say, "I tried it... they can strike through it."

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

A sense of peace and calm resettles over the area.

Telum says, "Oh."

Warclaidh says, "Yeah hard to watch bodies fall and do nothing."

Cruxophim recites:

"CALM, EVERYONE"

Cruxophim dubiously states, "It seems they don't want me, after all."

Cruxophim grins wryly.

Irar says, "Bloody hell."

Cruxophim raises his hands in surrender!

Savageheart says, "Well this is fun."

Hapenlok says, "Yes, because Rone's laughing right now....while our townspeople are slaughtered by our own citizens."

Speaking to Melivn, Alasatia says, "Oooh that one swung at you."

You recite:

"I will not harm any of you, but neither can I stop everyone who attacks! Stand down!"

Cruxophim recites:

"STAND DOWN"

Irar says, "STAND DOWN."

Thrassus asks, "Did they just decide to start hacking apart adventurers?"

Tercolla asks, "So we just gonna keep on attackin eh?"

Speaking to Thrassus, Lylia says, "More or less..."

Hapenlok says, "THAT DOES IT...."

[Crux takes the group to TSC]

Cruxophim grimly states, "Perhaps they cannot attack here."

Cruxophim recites:

"Stay calm, DO NOT engage save to defend yourself"

[raising and healing at triage; most people including Crux head back outside Moot Hall or elsewhere around town, then eventually...]

Nearby, a townsperson seem to flash a wand, points at Cruxophim, and the Mayor is turned to stone!

Maylan asks, "WHAT?"

Closing your eyes tightly, you concentrate on an image within your mind's eye and murmur a soft prayer to the spirits. As the last syllable falls from your lips, your green eyes fly wide open and you flick your fingers, releasing the Locate Person spell...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture into the air.

Nothing happens.

[questions over the amunet about where he is, and the answer is...]

[Wehnimer's, Parsnips St.]

This broad conduit leading between the south wall and the square stands nearly deserted after dark, only a few footsteps echoing on the lamplit cobblestones. To one side stands a sedate and dignified shop, the scroll-like sign over its door inscribed in a striking and elegant manner. You also see the building that houses the offices of the town's leading and only newspaper.

Cruxophim nods appreciatively at Talonir.

Speaking to Talonir, Fromer says, "Well done."

>diagnose crux ful

You start a careful diagnosis of his condition . . .

He has a medium neck scar, a medium left leg scar, a medium chest scar, a medium abdomen scar, a medium back scar, and a medium right eye scar.

Lylia gives a sigh of relief.

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Some white-cloaked figures appear in some alleyways, with nets, many of them eyeing the stone statue of the Mayor. They look at the crowd surrounding the Mayor, and considering their own numbers not having been quite dwindled, the white-cloaked figures step out of sight.

You relievedly say, "Ah, you are alright..."

Talonir says, "Saving the mayor's life... all in a day's work."

Cruxophim amicably praises, "Thank you, all."

Talonir shakes Cruxophim's hand enthusiastically.

Cruxophim grins at Talonir.


Questions Without Answers

Xorus asks, "That wand was an interesting bit of witchcraft. I wonder who gave it to them?"

Shinann says, "I could not get the other one to speak." [Shinann had reported over the amunet having one of the townspeople bound in an isolated spot and asking questions]

Telum asks, "So do we get secret service pins Crux?"

Lylia says, "I do wonder."

Telum says, "We kinda earned em."

Speaking to Xorus, Fromer asks, "Now why do you have to be blaming witches eh?"

Speaking to Xorus, Meureii says, "I did nae see which way that one went."

Speaking to Cruxophim, you marvel, "That was some especially powerful magic... between this, Rone's mist, and the prisms, we're surrounded by mysteries."

Speaking to Xorus, Hapenlok says, "Pylasar had a similar wand."

Speaking amicably to Talonir, Cruxophim praises, "Good thinking, my good sirs and madams."

Xorus asks, "Did he?"

Shinann says, "You know... I did not see any ethereal mist."

Shinann asks, "Did anyone else?"

Speaking amusedly to Telum, Cruxophim states, "I'll see what I can do."

Lylia says, "No mist."

Evia says, "Nope."

Speaking seriously to Shinann, Cruxophim inquires, "Nothing?"

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Speaking to Xorus, Hapenlok says, "Granted, i only saw it turn Falvicar into a kobold."

Speaking to Shinann, Meureii says, "Gone with the wind."

Talonir says, ".... if you confused your spell up pills for other... possibly blue... ones.. be best careful."

Evia says, "Just alot of Rone-Clones."

Falvicar quietly says, "What I saw was a bunch of people ignoring the order of the Mayor to stand down and not attack."

Cruxophim laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement from Talonir.

Speaking to Dinaden, Dirra says, "Proud of your restraint, Brother."

Speaking to Nakaira, Hlendril asks, "Rone Clones?"

Speaking to Falvicar, Meureii says, "I would nae stand down while they continued to strike down our numbers."

Hapenlok says, "And I saw other people engaging in a slaughter of friends of ours. Misguided though they be."

Telum says, "Hey I used nonlethals to protect the mayor."

Puptilian says, "Rone was not among them and we have no idea really who these people where. Most likely they put their money into the wand as all they had was rusty weapons."

Beldannon darkly says, "I only attacked the ones that strayed to protect others."

Maylan says, "Well, I've earned a drink."

Speaking quietly to Meureii, Falvicar says, "Ya'll striked first."

Kittai says, "You are terrible."

Darconas melodically says, "People's instincts in these frontier towns is to kill first and ask questions later."

Maylan exclaims, "Good night!"

Kittai nods at Telum.

Speaking to Lylia, Fromer says, "Rather than kill the townspeople I have resorted to removing their limbs. I find it to be more humane."

Kittai says, "The worst."

Nazarr says, "Rusty or not, they were strong."

Speaking to Maylan, Lylia says, "You always believe you have earned a drink."

Speaking to Falvicar, Madmountan says, "Absolutely not."

Speaking to Falvicar, Meureii says, "Do nae group me with "ya'll"."

Speaking thoughtfully to Puptilian, Cruxophim speculates, "Or they were backed by someone with money, power, or both."

Cruxophim frowns.

Speaking to Lylia, Maylan says, "And I"m always right."

Speaking to Fromer, Lylia says, "I saw your handiwork. And footiwork."

Kelrion says, "Maybe not more humane, but certainly more painful."

Speaking to Falvicar, Madmountan says, "I was attacked before I ever let loose the first swing."

Cruxophim frowns.

Speaking concernedly to Cruxophim, you ask, "Mayor... you are alright, yes? As far as you can tell?"

Shinann says, "I do not think any of them were the Rone we have been seeing."

Speaking quietly to Madmountan, Falvicar says, "You absolutely did. First some of you were calm spelling them. Then somebody started attacking first. THEN they attacked us all."

A tabby cat says, "Actually.. And I'm just observing here.. Falvicar is right."

Falvicar quietly says, "It was provoked."

Speaking gently to you, Cruxophim assures, "I'm fine, dear."

Beldannon darkly says, "These are not the Rones you are looking for."

Speaking to Madmountan, Evia says, "You were a target in the past."

Speaking to Falvicar, Madmountan says, "I'm speaking for only me."

Speaking amusedly to you, Cruxophim quips, "Just a little stiff."

Puptilian says, "Not the first financially backed group we dealt with."

Speaking amicably to Cruxophim, you say, "That is a relief, at least..."

Kembriana melodically asks, "No lasting effects? Birds leaving you alone?"

Zosopage says, "That was tough. People were getting caught in the crossfire without having even attacked anything."

Thrassus asks, "Ah, are we at the fingerpointing phase of the night now?"

Hapenlok mutters, "This reeks of Stephos."

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, Cruxophim deadpans, "What a twist."

Speaking to Thrassus, Lylia says, "Always my favorite time of evening."

Telum says, "Folks speculated there may still be rocks in ya."

Speaking quietly to Madmountan, Falvicar says, "Regardless, you could have walked off or used non lethal means."

Hapenlok asks, "And how much does anyone want to bet that Stephos is going to come up with a new plan shortly after this?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "I should have killed him when I had the chance."

Speaking to Falvicar, Meureii says, "Nae a single oath I have sworn would allow me to just walk off."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you muse, "He might already have one. It's been some time since his last one failed, after all."

Speaking to Falvicar, Madmountan says, "That's not gonna happen. You attack me. You die. It's really that simple."

Speaking mildly to Hapenlok, Cruxophim concedes, "Perhaps."

Speaking to Thrassus, Lylia says, "Sorry I was not quick enough."

Speaking to Mourne, Lylia says, "Nor for you."

Speaking quietly to Meureii, Falvicar says, "Not a single oath have you took that gave you the right to attack them when we all attacked first."

Speaking flatly to Madmountan, Hapenlok says, "I'm still alive."

Dirra says, "Squire Blanchefort and I did not attack, we stand to aid the innocent."

Speaking to Madmountan, Hapenlok says, "And I gave you a light toasting."

Thrassus says, "It is no matter, things were a tad hectic."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Madmountan says, "I can fix that easily, if you like."

Talonhawke quietly says, "Eh, something keeps swinging at me, I'm going to murder it eventually."

Speaking calmly to Falvicar, Meureii says, "No point in even debating it."

Cruxophim clearly reminds, "I offered to go with them, apparently they were not interested in what they claimed to want."

Mourne murmurs, "Many of us did not attack, and yet."

Cruxophim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Speaking coolly to Madmountan, Hapenlok says, "Your move."

[Mad attacks Hap, Hap attacks Mad]

Evia asks, "MUST we?"

Irar says, "What."

Talonhawke gestures at Madmountan.

The glazed look leaves Madmountan.

Cruxophim's eyes cloud over with dark shadows as he prepares a spell...

Cruxophim gestures.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Shinann exclaims, "Stop!"

The flames surrounding Madmountan flare up violently...

... 1 point of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Hapenlok says, "Let it burn."

[people begin rolling Mad to put out the fire]

Cruxophim sternly scolds, "Really, now."

Irar exclaims, "What?!"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Melivn says, "Will you take a deep breath jeesh."

Speaking absently to Cruxophim, you acknowledge, "You definitely did say so, but many were not willing to let you be taken and wouldn't hear out your request to stand down."

Wanion softly says, "Children, please."

Speaking quietly to Meureii, Falvicar says, "Next time, I will disarm those that want to continue to attack when we were told not to by the Mayor. Of this town."

Hapenlok says, "I'm no townsperson, I can fight back."

Lornieh says, "This is not helpful."

Irar asks, "Bloody hell, what is happening tonight?"

Kittai says, "Nonsense."

Fromer disapprovingly says, "Madness."

Evia says, "All of the moons are full."

Madmountan cackles!

Speaking relievedly to Madmountan, you say, "At least you're well."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Madmountan says, "Good show."