Rise of Rone - 5118-03-24 - Fall of Rone

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Charlatos 24-25, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier

...and also, in a part that's strictly OOC knowledge, by Xorus Kul'shin

To discuss this event, please see this discussion thread on the officials (most of the log) or this discussion thread on the officials (Xorus, Crux, and Rone in the rift)!


Summary

  • Rooks are seen running along the rooftops and Rone is spotted throwing one out a window near Frith's Inn. Adventurers pursue, but find nothing other than one remaining Rook who's killed before any questions can be asked.
  • Adventurers continue pursuing Rone, but he appears near Mayor Cruxophim, injects him with something that makes him limp, then uses a box with a glyph trap to take him into a temporal rift. Xorus follows them in.
  • (note: this bullet point should be considered OOC knowledge only unless you were there or hear otherwise from one of the people who witnessed it) Rone has a telling conversation with an immobilized Crux regarding his past, as Alasatia, Xorus, and Raelee also bear witness.
  • Back outside, pursuit continues to no avail until finally Crux is heard on the amunet, saying he's near the alchemist. Adventurers rush over and he explains that the injection has cut off his magic.
  • Rooks appear on the rooftops and begin firing, presumably at Rone, and the chase continues. Madmountan, who was with Meureii's group, kills him with one powerful slash to the side! Adventurers try to corner the dead Rone with questions, but he answers nothing and only says this won't stop him.
  • A muscular white-cloaked townsperson drags Rone away and adventurers try to give chase without a lead. The Rooks and militia join the chase across town, but the Rooks begin attacking people in the streets. A couple of them are cornered and bound and they say they were hunting Rone; a few more Rooks are killed off, but eventually most of them head to the forest in pursuit of Rone.
  • Townspeople report seeing a body dragged through the Upper Trollfang and adventurers find a trail of blood leading to the boulder at Danjirland. The trail ends without a trace there, but an opening at the boulder leads to Drangell's old den. Adventurers enter and find the area rife with traps launching metal shards and fire blasts at them as they proceed through, eventually ending at a locked door.
  • (note: this bullet point should be considered OOC knowledge only unless you were there or hear otherwise from one of the people who witnessed it) The locked door unleashes a Major Elemental Wave after Roblar bashes it open. Adventurers enter and proceed to the very back of the cave, where a table is found with dissembled prisms, three sets of discolored white steel gauntlets, a silver crystal ball talisman, a tarnished silver musicbox, and a brass scrying bowl. Loresongs turn up nothing. Later on Leafiara and Crux agree not to publicly publish what was found in the back for now, on the small chance that Rone might believe the traps protected his hideout from being compromised, leading him to return to it and possibly be caught.

Log

Rone and Rooks

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a silver-edged campaign sign that reads, "Vote Lylia: The Right Words Move Worlds.", a large leaf-shaped campaign sign that reads, "Keep the Landing LEAFI: Lively, Eclectic, Adventurous, Free, Inspiring!", some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Cracks of thunder shake the night like the shattering of the heavens and the distinct fresh scent of rain wafts through the area, heralding the coming of a storm.

BOOM! Another thunderclap ripples across the night.

Some dark hooded figures can be seen running across some nearby rooftops in the pouring rain.

[everyone convenes outside Moot Hall]

A swirl of white mist appears along a rooftop, then vanishes.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

[the militia disperses throughout town, including Maylan sounding the alarm]

A loud crash echoes in town as a dark-hooded figure is suddenly thrown from a window on the top floor of Frith's Inn, and the Rook plummets to the ground below with a loud, fatal crack. Standing in the opening of the broken window stands a white-cloaked figure, shrouded in mist and silent judgment, before it disappears.

[the group heads to Frith's, but can't find a body nor a sign of Rone...]

[Frith's Inn, Loft]

Shards of shattered glass crackle as you make your way across this loft of the inn, which appears to have been plundered and left unrepaired. A rope ladder dangles from the skylight above. There is no longer anything here of value, only cobwebs, rain-warped floorboards and the odor of rotting wood. You also see a small cat and a stairway.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Shinann!

Shinann looks less calm and refreshed than a moment ago.

CS: +421 - TD: +411 + CvA: +12 + d100: +31 - -5 == +58

Warded off!

Ysharra whispers to herself, her cobalt blue eyes enshrouded by a vibrant sanguine haze. Rivulets of bright red rise through her skin, thickly coating her arms and hands, disappearing as it makes contact with the ground...

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Ysharra gestures.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

You squint.

Speaking to a caped figure, Maylan says, "Whoa fella."

[Berkana, Hlendril, Shinann, Madmountan, Pinchot, and Lornieh attack; Leafiara and Lylia try to bind the figure instead (at least I assume on Lylia's part), each failing once, but then...]

You exclaim, "Hold!"

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +454 - TD: +375 + CvA: +9 + d100: +55 == +143

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

[however...]

Shinann appears to be focusing her thoughts while chanting softly...

Shinann gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Shinann concentrates intently on a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, and a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward it!

CS: +499 - TD: +375 + CvA: +9 + d100: +95 == +228

Warding failed!

The dark hooded figure shudders with severe convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop its body.

The dark hooded figure is crushed for 50 points of damage!

... 35 points of damage!

Hard blow to abdomen looks painful!

... 35 points of damage!

Hard blow to abdomen looks painful!

The dark hooded figure rolls over and dies.

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from Cruxophim's body, streaking toward the dark hooded figure to consume it in a gory feast of toothy shadow maws and barbed tentacles!

You say, "I--"

Ysharra says, "Well."

You conclude, "Had it bound. We could have asked questions."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Maylan says, "I suppose negotiations are over."

Shinann says, "I am sorry."

Speaking to Shinann, Ysharra says, "That was fierce."

Speaking wryly to Maylan, Cruxophim notes, "Guess so."

Lylia gives a sigh of resignation.

Speaking curiously to Shinann, Cruxophim ventures, "Captain."

Cruxophim peers quizzically at Shinann.

Ysharra says, "I suppose our questions will need another subject."

(OOC) Shinann's player whispers to the group, "I thought you all went out of the room."

Cruxophim thoughtfully warns, "Keep an eye out all, where there's one... there's more."

[...but, surprisingly enough, no more Rooks attack for the time being as the group continues searching for Rone or a corpse]


Rone's Glyph Trap

[finally Rone is spotted]

[Wehnimer's, Banker's Square]

The eastern road leads closer to the river, which can be smelled but not seen from here. The southern road constricts as it makes a straight cut towards the modwir palisade that surrounds the town, avoiding the maze-like side streets of the riverfront and Shanty Town, which are haunted by dockworkers, warehouse porters, and wharf rats. A dusty pile of rubble might have been a building once, but whatever it was is unrecognizable now.

Also here: Meureii, Marshal Madmountan, Cabal, Repaire, Neovik, Stonmel, Mourne, Ysharra, Xorus, Lady Wintersylph, Sir Balantine, Kipara, Lady Lylia, Lord Thrassus, Matriarch Berkana, Lord Nazarr, Melikor, Shinann, Chaoswynd, Marijka, Lady Authriea, High Lady Quintiana, Xeldome, Lady Florania, Lady Lornieh, Lord Falkes, Hlendril, Dame Evia, Maylan, Lady Alasatia, Lord Ferrumus, Lord Dethnyain, Melivn, Pinchot, Krampton, Mayor Cruxophim, Rone

Rone just went north.

[The group pursues but can't find him, so they split up into three or four groups. However, almost immediately after splitting, this happens to Crux's group...]

Suddenly, a cloud of white ethereal mist appears behind Cruxophim! The white-cloaked figure stabs something into Cruxophim's side, and he goes limp. The white-cloaked figure throws a box down on the ground and it pops open with a click, and suddenly Cruxophim and the white-cloaked figure are pulled into a temporal rift!

[pursuit continues with multiple groups repeatedly assembling and disassembling, to no avail]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see a mound of snow and an old weathered cart with some stuff on it.

Also here: Futtilo

>sw

Rone just arrived.

[By the time Leafi goes back, though, he's gone. Meanwhile...]


Rone and Crux in the Temporal Rift (OOC Knowledge Only, Supplied By Xorus)

Lady Lylia's group just went east.

[Wehnimer's, Valeria St.]

The footsteps of a few passing wayfarers and townspeople echo on the cobbled pavement between the rows of two-story wooden houses that flank the lane. The street is quieter and darker here, blocks away from the busy square to the west. You also see the Dethnyain disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a lop-eared pure white lioness, a pert will-o-wisp spirit that is flying around, the Ferrumus disk, a sleek raven that is flying around, the parrot-shaped Florania disk, the Quintiana disk, a smoke wolverine, the night watchman and an old whitewashed house.

Also here: Lord Thrassus, Matriarch Berkana, Lord Nazarr, Melikor, Shinann, Ysharra, Mourne, Maylan, Lady Alasatia, Melivn, Lady Lylia, Krampton, Pinchot, Lord Dethnyain, Dame Evia, Hlendril, Lady Lornieh, Chaoswynd, Kipara, Maiden Leafiara, Lord Ferrumus, Lord Falkes, Lady Florania, Xeldome, High Lady Quintiana, Lady Authriea, Marijka, Meureii, Marshal Madmountan, Cabal, Repaire, Neovik, Stonmel, Sir Balantine

Obvious paths: east, south, west

Leafiara asks, "Did we see where he--or they--went?"

A pale-faced coppery barn owl flies in.

Speaking to Meureii, Chaoswynd asks, "They? Or him?"

Maylan exclaims, "What a coward!"

Hlendril exclaims, "Bastard!"

Ysharra shakes her head.

Hlendril snaps his fingers.

Meureii squints.

Speaking to Hlendril, Melivn asks, "Oh did you see your dad someplace?"

Xorus says, "Amusing. Rone is still imitating me."

Leafiara starts chortling.

Melikor snickers.

Hlendril nods at Melivn.

Mourne chuckles at Xorus!

Lylia nods to Xorus.

Speaking to Hlendril, Melivn says, "Nice."

Hlendril frustratedly asks, "How do we get this guy?"

Berkana chuckles at Xorus!

Hlendril grumbles.

Melikor grins at Ysharra.

Xorus says, "I had actually suggested at one point trapping him in a temporal rift with some bruisers."

Leafiara nods faintly to Xorus.

Meureii grins at Xorus.

Deckits grins at Xorus.

>prep 416

You tilt your head slightly and stare straight ahead as you murmur under your breath...

Your spell is ready.

[Note: The third-person on this would have shown Xorus getting absorbed by a dark splotch.]

>cast my trunk

You gesture at an enruned monir trunk.

Suddenly a dark splotch erupts from the lock mechanism and envelops you! Time seems to slow down and almost stop...

Suddenly you see yourself cast at a locked trunk about to try to look inside...something goes wrong but...

Suddenly you see yourself cast at a locked trunk about to try to look inside...something goes wrong but...

After a moment you feel a great sense of deja vu....

Suddenly you see yourself cast at a locked trunk about to try to look inside...something goes wrong but...

Your head begins to throb from all this. After a moment your vision clears and you see...

[Temporal Rift]

Time and space seem to swirl around you. You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.

Also here: Rone, Mayor Cruxophim who is partially immobilized

Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, up, down

Cruxophim looks thoughtfully at Rone.

Xorus says, "Evening."

Cruxophim nods faintly to Xorus.

Rone grins.

Xorus leans on his runestaff.

An aura of mischief slowly creeps into Cruxophim's mien as his lips form into a crooked smile. The smile continues to spread as it splits from ear-to-ear, rupturing his countenance into the shape of a tooth-filled lacerated grin.

>look rone

You see a white cloaked figure wreathed in swirling ethereal mist. Beneath the cowl of his pale hood appears to be a featureless face of polished metal or bone. Shadowy eyes stare out, coldly regarding the surroundings. The rest of the figure's form is obscured by the fog constantly shifting about its form.

Rone deeply says, "Fitting."

The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky. (note: temporal rifts are buggy, they show weather and day/night effects)

Speaking bemusedly to Rone, Cruxophim agrees, "Very."

Rone deeply says, "If you wish to keep Lylia's pact active, stay back."

[This line was censored in the original public log. It was a secret agreement to keep Xorus off his hit list that was outed later at his trial.]

Rone nods to Xorus.

Cruxophim surreptitiously glances at Xorus.

Xorus says, "By all means, 'Rone.' I would not dream of interfering."

>mychar thinks Malluch.
You think to yourself, "Malluch."

Rone deeply says, "I want you to see your crimes Mayor."

Rone deeply says, "Your body is useless for the time being..."

Rone deeply says, "But your eyes can see fine."

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim inquires, "So, now that we've finally the opportunity to speak uninterred.... sure you must want something beyond that?"

Cruxophim cocks his head at Rone.

Rone points out to the vast, endless flickering of images and stars.

Cruxophim surveys the area.

Xorus leans on his runestaff.

Cruxophim leans on his runestaff.

Alasatia casually glances around the area.

Rone grabs Cruxophim by the back of the neck.

Cruxophim gives a sidelong glance at Rone.

Xorus nods to Alasatia in greeting.

Cruxophim narrows his eyes, his dark sclera reduced to mere slits.

Rone deeply asks, "Do you see your past?"

Alasatia nods to Xorus.

Rone glances at Alasatia.

Alasatia arches one eyebrow at Rone in an expression of sardonic amusement.

The raw elemental energy surrounding Alasatia suddenly sparks with electricity.

Rone indicates a white gear-covered prism as a possible option.

Speaking to Rone, Cruxophim warns, "I'm not sure that you want that."

The sparking electricity surrounding Alasatia slowly fades.

Cruxophim looks at Rone and forces a grin.

Rone deeply says, "I'm sure I do."

Rone deeply says, "You've created as many bodies as the stars here."

Rone deeply asks, "Don't you see?"

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim suggests, "Perhaps you could take off the mask, then... if you are so firmly a believer in truths."

Alasatia settles her gaze on Rone, watching him intently.

Alasatia nods slightly to Xorus.

Speaking evenly to Rone, Cruxophim assures, "I am aware of what I have done."

Rone deeply says, "You are an extension of the evil that has poisoned this town and its people."

Cruxophim smiles placidly out into the sea of stars, his face a stoic mask without a trace of emotion.

Rone deeply says, "The Lich..."

Rone deeply says, "Cross..."

Xorus nods to Raelee in greeting.

Rone deeply says, "Stone..."

Alasatia nods at Raelee.

Rone deeply says, "Even Kestrel you made a deal with."

Rone deeply says, "The hawk who butchered Lana."

Speaking monotonously to Rone, Cruxophim inquires, "Are you done? If you believe this is some kind of reckoning... perhaps you do not know as much about me as you think you do. If I promise not to look away, perhaps you could kindly let go of my neck?"

Cruxophim gives Rone a strong, encouraging smile.

Rone deeply says, "You have pledged to darkness, or stood by and let it fester."

Speaking seriously to Rone, Cruxophim reminds, "The Hawk has paid for his crimes. We saw to that."

Rone deeply says, "Yet you have not."

Cruxophim cocks his head at Rone.

Rone deeply says, "No."

Rone deeply says, "Death is fitting for the sinners."

Rone deeply says, "Not the monsters."

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim inquires, "Is it justice you seek... or vengeance?"

Rone deeply says, "It can be both."

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim wonders, "What do you know of monsters?"

A mixture of confusion and curiosity crosses Cruxophim's mien as he studies Rone.

Rone deeply says, "I know enough. I know what must be done to them."

Rone leans in, his white cloak and polished, featureless mask near Cruxophim's ear.

Cruxophim levels his gaze at Rone, staring intently at him without blinking his eyes.

Rone whispers something to Cruxophim.

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim suggests, "Take off the mask, then, so I may look my accuser in the eye."

Cruxophim gives Rone a strong, encouraging smile.

Speaking calmly to Rone, Cruxophim warns, "Be careful when you gaze into the abyss.... such has a dire way of changing one."

Cruxophim whispers something to Rone.

Cruxophim tries to pull Rone towards him.

Cruxophim gazes at Rone.

Rone pulls Cruxophim closer to him, as he looks out at Alasatia, Xorus and Raelee.

Cruxophim whispers something to Rone.

Rone deeply says, "It's time for others to know the monster you fight hard to keep at bay."

Alasatia breathes almost without making a sound.

Speaking coldly to Rone, Cruxophim states, "You aren't wrong. I -am- a monster... I make no pretense of being anything else."

Cruxophim grasps both of his shoulders and pulls at his cloak, causing long, tendrils of shadow to weave in front of him before retreating back into his cloak.

Rone produces a small silver needle from his white cloak and stabs it into Cruxophim's neck.

Cruxophim twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Xorus leans forward.

Cruxophim eyes Rone with a stern expression, his dark sclera reduced to mere slits.

Alasatia narrows her eyes.

Alasatia takes a moment to observe Cruxophim.

>look crux

Through a sinister black haze, you see a Blood Arcanist of Bloodriven Village with faintly luminous crimson-veined luminous yellow eyes. Blood red mist swirls threateningly around his shadowed figure, which is covered in jagged scars.

Rone steps back, fading into the vast distance of stars and space.

Cruxophim raspily warns, "Be careful what you awaken. You may not like what rises from within."

Cruxophim frowns.

Xorus says, "Interesting."

Cruxophim calmly states, "He's gone."

Alasatia nods slightly.

Speaking concernedly to Cruxophim, Alasatia asks, "How do you feel?"

Cruxophim wearily states, "Let us leave this place."

A bloodless pallor sweeps over Cruxophim's flesh, revealing distended atramental veins that writhe and pulsate beneath the surface of his skin like faint tendrils of shadow.

Cruxophim gestures.

The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Cruxophim frowns.

Xorus nods.

Speaking dryly to Alasatia, Cruxophim admits, "Not sure yet."

Mayor Cruxophim just went up.

Mayor Cruxophim just arrived.

Cruxophim wanders off into the star field and vanishes.

Crux Cut Off

[back outside, pursuit continues and eventually Crux is heard over the amunet saying he's out of the rift; most people head to his location near the alchemist]

[Wehnimer's, Vesitsa Place]

From here, the greying base of the northeastern river guardtower dominates the landscape. The massive structure overshadows the plain house by the side of the path, as it looks out, brooding and purposeful, over the town's river gates and the bay to the north. A handpainted sign hangs in front of the smaller dwelling.

Also here: Lord Dethnyain, Krampton, Pinchot, Cabal, Repaire, Neovik, Xeldome, Lady Florania, Lady Lornieh, Marshal Madmountan, Lady Authriea, Sir Balantine, Lord Falkes, Hlendril, High Lady Quintiana, Lord Ferrumus, Chaoswynd, Elbromo, Meureii, Stonmel, Deckits, Shinann, Mourne, Dame Evia, Matriarch Berkana, Melikor, Maylan, Ysharra, Lord Thrassus, Marijka, Melivn, Lady Lylia, Mayor Cruxophim

Cruxophim wryly notes, "Well, that isn't good."

Cruxophim states, "Bastard injected me, blocked the flow of magic to me."

Evia asks, "Did what? Injected?"

Some dark hooded figures pop up along rooftops all around town, some firing arrows down into the streets, at some moving target.

Speaking wearily to Evia, Cruxophim explains, "He injected me with... something."


Madmountan's Revenge

[pursuit resumes again, still with multiple groups, this time seemingly after the Rooks and Rone alike]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

The rough-hewn, pointed logs forming the palisade of the town's defensive wall are a constant companion along this route linking sections of Wehnimer's Landing to the bazaar, the square, and the waterfront via the southernmost road.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

Many of the travellers through this part of town appear to be pilgrims, priests and monks. They travel to and fro, moving along the quiet road to the north. The hoot of an owl echoes from somewhere beyond the palisade wall. You also see the parrot-shaped Florania disk, the Quintiana disk, a lop-eared pure white lioness and a mound of snow.

Also here: Kipara, Lord Dethnyain, Krampton, Pinchot, Cabal, Repaire, Neovik, Xeldome, Lady Florania, Lady Lornieh, Marshal Madmountan, Lady Authriea, Lord Falkes, Hlendril, High Lady Quintiana, Lord Ferrumus, Meureii, Rone

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at Rone!

AS: +613 vs DS: +157 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +37 = +538

... and hits for 294 points of damage!

Terrible slash to Rone's side!

Entrails spill out, onto the ground!

Death can be SO messy.

Rone drops dead at your feet!

A nearby goodwife screams, "Murder!"

Lornieh turns to Madmountan and cheers!

You ponder the meaning of Madmountan's existence.

Deckits curls his hand into a claw and begins chanting in a an unrecognizable tongue, waves of force emitting from his palm as his words reverberate through the air.

Deckits gestures at Rone.

Deckits's spell misfires.

>appr rone

Meureii stares at Rone.

You glance at Rone and immediately realize he has 0 spirit levels out of a maximum of 10, and is not currently preserved.

You also notice that he has deep gashes and serious bleeding from his abdominal area and deep gashes and serious bleeding from his back.

He is bleeding slightly from the back.

He is also quite dead.

Speaking to Rone, Madmountan says, "Hello."

Speaking to Rone, Lornieh says, "Ya had that coming."

Speaking to Rone, Meureii says, "Stay."

You ponder the cycle of life and death as you gaze at Rone's corpse.

Hlendril screams at Rone!

Stonmel glances at Rone.

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Kipara says, "Someone lifekeep him perhaps."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Maylan.

Maylan glances at Rone.

You say, "Indeed, we need some answers..."

Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance around you like wind-borne leaves as you hum a cheerful tune and sing a sylvan phrase, preparing your spell.

You gesture at Rone.

A luminescent web briefly forms around Rone, then fades into the body.

Deckits walks toward Rone.

Deckits kneels down.

Hlendril says, "It's a clone."

Kipara leans on Madmountan.

Madmountan grins.

Mayor Cruxophim's group just arrived.

Hlendril says, "I doubt he'll fall that easily."

The ghostly voice of Rone deeply says, "It won't stop me..."

Cruxophim touches Rone.

Melikor folds his arms over his chest.

Cruxophim looks over the body of Rone, making sure he's dead.

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at Rone.

Lylia's spell misfires.

Berkana glances at Rone.

Balantine glares at Rone.

Stonmel lets out an eloquently vile series of grunts.

Melikor surveys the area.

Cruxophim frowns.

You curiously ask, "What does that mean?"

(Maylan spits on the body of Rone.)

Marijka looks over the body of Rone, making sure he's dead.

Speaking to Rone, Meureii drones, "It will happen again and again."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "Madmountan got his revenge."

Maylan nods.

You nod faintly at Ysharra.

Madmountan turns to Ysharra and cheers!

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Cruxophim stares at Rone's lifeless body, apparently lost in thought.

(Hlendril kicks Rone's head.)

Ysharra winks at Madmountan.

Lylia scowls.

Deckits glances at Rone and slowly exhales.

Blood seeps out from the white-cloaked figure's body.

Dethnyain says, "This is too easy."

Quintiana softly says, "Stop Hlendril."

(Cruxophim carefully looks over the body of Rone, hunching over it so that he is partially obscured from view.)

>diagnose rone full

Lornieh says, "I admit though, that was a little easy."

You start a careful diagnosis of his condition . . .

From his lack of breathing and no sign of a pulse, you make the astute determination that he has most certainly met with an untimely and quite tragic death.

He has -283 health points, out of a maximum of 148.

He has a major abdomen injury, and a major back injury.

Bleeding:

Area Health per Round Bandaged Can Tend? Tend Time

Back 1 No Yes 3s

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hlendril asks, "May I take an eyeball?"

Shinann says, "No."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "You realize this is rather hopeless, don't you?"

Kipara says, "Well we can life keep him for a long long time."

Speaking offhandedly to Kipara, you say, "Already did." [Leafi's lifekeep lasts 48 minutes]

(Deckitss drag his hand through the blood, seeping from the figure's body.)

(Hlendril pokes Rone's right eye with his dagger.)

Lylia kneels down.

Deckits says, "Hm.. seems.. normal enough."

Ysharra says, "He's done something to the mayor."

Speaking curiously to Rone, you clarify, "What do you mean, it won't stop you?"

Hlendril pokes Rone to see if he will move.

Speaking to Rone, Thrassus says, "Looks like you've picked up a little something."

You cock your head.

Meureii pulls Hlendril to his feet.

Speaking to Hlendril, Lylia says, "One more, and you go into the stocks."

Kipara says, "Yes I mean we can keep doing it until he talks."

Speaking to Hlendril, Meureii says, "Stop."

Deckits reaches out and touches his aubergine ankle sheath.

You nod at Kipara.

Hlendril nods meekly.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "What did you inject Cruxophim with?"

Lylia nods once.

Speaking calmly to Hlendril, Cruxophim suggests, "Let's maybe keep it intact for now. A full autopsy can be performed later."

Dergoatean gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Cruxophim stares at Rone's lifeless body, apparently lost in thought.

Deckits just opened a silk-lined aubergine ankle sheath.

Cruxophim looks over the body of Rone, making sure he's dead.

Hlendril put a drake dagger in his wool frock coat.

Ferrumus stares at Rone.

Deckits slowly empties his lungs.

Falkes gazes in awe at Rone.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Cruxophim mutters under his breath.


Rone's Savior

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson just arrived.

A muscular white-cloaked townsperson just went west dragging Rone behind it.

You glance west.

>w

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A small group of local residents gathers around the small well next to the palisade, chatting idly in the cool night air. The connecting road runs to the east and west, and a few passers-by head north to the heart of town. You also see a sleek red-footed falcon that is flying around and a small rustic shop.

Also here: the body of Rone who is lying down

Chaoswynd and your will-o-wisp spirit followed.

Maylan just arrived.

You notice Stonmel moving stealthily into the area.

[...but Rone vanishes without any visible sign (AKA no further messaging when he's pulled away from the area). Pursuit resumes again, but first Leafi and Chaoswynd run across...]


Rook Skirmishes

[Wehnimer's, West Ring Rd.]

Traffic is almost nonexistent at night on this portion of West Ring Road. Most of the people still out in the streets seem to be using the busier roads that lie to the north and south, leading to the square. A few warehouses and smaller shops line the way here. You also see a black handaxe, a snow white raven that is flying around, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is lying down, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is lying down, a fuzzy grey tabby kitten, a dark ladder leaning against a large iron-plated tower and a reinforced large wooden gate.

Also here: Lord Nazarr who is lying down, Maylan, Lady Wintersylph, Xorus, Lady Alasatia, Sir Balantine, Shinann, Mourne, Dame Evia, Matriarch Berkana, Melikor, Ysharra, Lord Thrassus, Marijka, Melivn, Lady Lylia, Mayor Cruxophim

[Melikor, Xorus, Ysharra, and Maylan attack while Balantine, Lylia, and Leafiara attempt to disable]

Lylia exclaims, "Keep them alive!"

[attacks continue]

You exclaim, "We might be able to get answers--hold!"

Cruxophim recites:

"Keep one alive, please!"

[but all are killed]

Berkana sighs.

You say, "Or... too late."

You frown.

Some dark hooded figures move through the streets, and some militia join the fray!

[another battle begins elsewhere]

[Wehnimer's, West Ring Rd.]

The road bends to conform to the inside curve of the southern and western walls of the high modwir log palisades, which converge here. A whiff of the scents of the marketplace rises from a narrow lane to the east. You also see a fuzzy grey tabby kitten, a snow white raven that is flying around, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a dark ladder leaning against a large iron-plated tower, a brick pathway leading to an ornate silver gate and an ivy-bordered silver sign.

Berkana gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Cloudy wisps swirl about a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +425 - TD: +350 + CvA: +9 + d100: +25 == +109

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about its body!

Shinann says, "I did not attack this time."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

Cruxophim recites:

"Bind and sanct!"

You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your note symbol. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your symbol pulses once and you feel the song within your heart quicken with the presence of Tilamaire.

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +474 - TD: +375 + CvA: +9 + 50 + d50: +40 == +198

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

The divine power suffusing your actions wanes, leaving you bereft of Tilamaire's aid.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure glances around nervously.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

You call upon peaceful spirits and direct them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Berkana says, "STOP KILLING."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure drags itself east, limping badly.

You say, "Got one."

You nod to the dark hooded figure.

You nod to the dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles fruitlessly in the webbing.

The webs dissolve from around a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Cruxophim mutters under his breath.

Lylia utters a light chant and raises her hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to her aid...

Cruxophim moves a little closer to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, closely watching every movement.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

Berkana utters a light chant and raises her hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to her aid...

Melikor folds his arms over his chest.

Ysharra whispers to herself, her cobalt blue eyes enshrouded by a vibrant sanguine haze. Rivulets of bright red rise through her skin, thickly coating her arms and hands, disappearing as it makes contact with the ground...

Berkana says, "Drop the damn sanct."

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Berkana sighs.

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Cruxophim suggests, "Start talking. That sanctuary isn't going to hold forever."

You say, "The Mayor requested it."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

Speaking firmly to Berkana, Cruxophim reminds, "No."

Berkana says, "Oh."

You say, "We need answers."

You grin.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman leans on his ornately-etched bardiche and surveys the area.

Berkana coughs.

Ysharra winks at Melikor.

Cruxophim gazes at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Melikor grins at Ysharra.

The dark hooded figure says, "We're hunting Rone. We saw his body drug off."

Balantine makes a horrendously wet and sticky ordeal of clearing his throat and spits!

Balantine's squishy, squirmy projectile lands directly on a grey-beaked dark hooded figure's face!

Ysharra says, "We are, too."

Cruxophim looks thoughtfully at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Maylan says, "Seems more like you're hunting us."

Ysharra says, "Stop attacking us."

You say, "We saw it too."

Evia says, "That is what I said but..."

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Thrassus says, "So are we."

Mayor Cruxophim's group just went east.

[...leaving only Chaoswynd, Leafi, and Stonmel there]

Stonmel mutters under his breath.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

You indifferently say, "Well... I suppose as long as we don't keep fighting, this isn't a problem."

You nod.

You turn toward the dark hooded figure and render a sharp hand salute.

>stop 213

With a moment's concentration, you terminate the Minor Sanctuary spell.

The sense of peace and security begins to wane from the area.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

[pursuit resumes, but Leafi and Cay eventually return to where they were before...]

[Wehnimer's, West Ring Rd.]

The road bends to conform to the inside curve of the southern and western walls of the high modwir log palisades, which converge here. A whiff of the scents of the marketplace rises from a narrow lane to the east. You also see a thorny vine, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a smoke wolverine, a dark ladder leaning against a large iron-plated tower, a brick pathway leading to an ornate silver gate and an ivy-bordered silver sign.

Also here: a stunned Stonmel who is lying down and immobilized

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Stonmel!

CS: +424 - TD: +193 + CvA: +2 + d100: +99 == +332

Warding failed!

A brief tremor ripples across Stonmel's skin, leaving a faint beading of scarlet in its wake.

... 47 points of damage!

Stonmel drops dead at your feet!

You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your note symbol. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your symbol pulses once and you feel the song within your heart quicken with the presence of Tilamaire.

You sing a summons to local spirits with lilting, lightsome, lively lyrics! Sparkling leaves surround you and you sway your sides, lost and swept up in your melody's tide...

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +474 - TD: +375 + CvA: +9 + 50 + d50: +1 == +159

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

The divine power suffusing your actions wanes, leaving you bereft of Tilamaire's aid.

You say, "Well."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance around you like wind-borne leaves as you hum a cheerful tune and sing a sylvan phrase, preparing your spell.

Your spell is ready.

You gesture at Stonmel.

A luminescent web briefly forms around Stonmel, then fades into the body.

Speaking to Stonmel, you say, "I tried to keep the peace."

You grin.

Mayor Cruxophim's group just arrived.

Cruxophim rubs Stonmel.

Evia glances down.

Speaking to Cruxophim, you ask, "Should we consider it open season after all?"

You frown.

Speaking thoughtfully to Stonmel, Cruxophim inquires, "What killed?"

You glance at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Hlendril swings a sharpened steel claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +147 vs DS: +308 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +31 = -100

A clean miss.

Speaking wryly to you, Cruxophim reminds, "Of course this is going to be absolutely chaos."

Madmountan says, "A rook."

The ghostly voice of Stonmel says, "Pfft..."

Lylia glares at Hlendril.

Speaking to Hlendril, Shinann says, "Stop."

Berkana stares at Hlendril.

Thrassus glances at Hlendril.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

Speaking to Hlendril, Dergoatean says, "Careful where you swing that thing."

Lylia scowls and mutters for a moment, looking rather trod upon.

Hlendril nods.

Speaking to Hlendril, Dergoatean says, "Might get hurt."

Hlendril put a sharpened steel claidhmore in his thrak hide back scabbard.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures mystically!

A calm washes over 34 people.

Speaking dryly to Cruxophim, you say, "I'm aware, but I still don't intend to kill citizens in the streets."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

[the Rook has other ideas and casts bolts at Kipara, Dethnyain, Krampton, Pinchot, Cabal, Repaire, Neovik, Xeldome, and Florania]

Meureii attempts to jab a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

UAF: 659 vs UDF: 458 = 1.438 * MM: 100 + d100: 80 = 223

... and hit for 8 points of damage!

Contact with right hand leaves the dark hooded figure with bloody knuckles!

Meureii attempts to jab a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

UAF: 659 vs UDF: 458 = 1.438 * MM: 94 + d100: 24 = 159

... and hit for 5 points of damage!

Fast slap to right arm knocks it out of position!

The dark hooded figure starts to favor its wounded arm!

Pinchot swings a tanik-hafted golvern-studded maul at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +404 vs DS: +350 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +4 = +98

A clean miss.

Evia says, "Lovely."

Mourne frowns at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Berkana traces a sign that contorts in the air while she forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Berkana gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +523 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +99 == +227

Warding failed!

... and hits for 33 points of damage!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!

... 70 points of damage!

Flame burns through a grey-beaked dark hooded figure's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.

... 70 points of damage!

Blast to neck causes the dark hooded figure to jerk with pain. Unfortunately that snaps the now frozen neck like an icicle!

... 70 points of damage!

Horrifying bolt of electricity turns chest into a smoking pulp of flesh. No life left there.

... 20 points of damage!

Good blow to chest!

Speaking seriously to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Cruxophim warns, "Cease fire on the citizens. We'll do the best we can to aid Rone, but this continues, I cannot promise that yours will not get attack--" [note: I assume that should be something like "aid with finding Rone"]

[Krampton, Meureii, and Berkana continue attacking]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure drags itself east, limping badly.

Cruxophim indifferently commands, "Fine, kill them."

Some dark hooded figures leap off of rooftops in town, and begin to move towards the town gates, disappearing the dark of the night and woods.

Once More Unto the Breach

[Due to Leafi being the only awake cleric, Stonmel refuses help and departs. Pursuit with multiple groups continues. Leafi and Cay explore the catacombs and I'm told this was what others above ground saw...]

Some townspeople wander by, "...and I seen the body dragged through the woods, as I was coming up from Upper Trollfang....I should have yelled CHASING, hah!"

[Upper Trollfang]

The trail winds along the bottom of a series of low hills. A wall of thick underbrush lines the trail, effectively preventing you from wandering far from the worn track. You also see a forest troll, a lesser orc and some drops of blood.

[the trail of blood continues on toward Danjirland and finally ends at...]

[Upper Trollfang]

A large boulder, quite unlike any of the surrounding rock, sits squarely in the middle of the trail. Though narrow, there appears to be sufficient room between the rock and the sides of the valley for you to squeeze through. You also see a smoke wolverine, a lop-eared pure white lioness, the parrot-shaped Florania disk, the Quintiana disk, some drops of blood, some drops of blood, some drops of blood and some drops of blood.

[exploration of the surrounding caves and areas turns up nothing, but finally...]

Balantine quietly says, "There's an opening behind the boulder."

>go open

[Drangell's Hideout]

A wide hall is blanketed in darkness, broken up only by intermittent spheres of orange light, originating from torches along the walls. Despite the fire's glow, the area is cold.

>e

[Drangell's Hideout]

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

Sharp metal shards fly out of a slit in the wall and strikes Madmountan!

... 1 point of damage!

Minor puncture to the chest.

Sharp metal shards fly out of a slit in the wall and strikes Madmountan!

... 4 points of damage!

Well aimed shot, punctures calf!

He is stunned!

Cruxophim sternly warns, "Careful, it's trapped."

>se

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

Roundtime: 8 sec.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

Sharp metal shards fly out of a slit in the wall and strike you!

... 18 points of damage!

Nailed in lower back!

You are stunned for 3 rounds!

Sharp metal shards fly out of a slit in the wall and strikes Thrassus!

... 17 points of damage! Strike to abdomen punctures stomach!

He is stunned!

Sharp metal shards fly out of a slit in the wall and strikes Chaoswynd!

... 30 points of damage!

Well aimed strike shatters bone in left arm!

He is stunned!

[I left that in as a sampling, but from here on, assume we're being constantly beset by traps, eating herbs, and losing several people to deaths as we slowly trudge through a one-way tunnel with RT at every step, breaking up into multiple groups by necessity.]

>ne

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

>e

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

>se

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

>ne

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

>e

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The torches along the walls dimly illuminate a series of slits, seemingly formed among the rocky surfaces. Shadows creep along the passageway, fluttering about with every twist of the torchlight. The floor is covered with a thin layer of slimy muck.

>n

You move through the hall, the slimy muck impeding your movement.

[Drangell's Hideout]

Slick globs of blood mar a wall of the chamber, slowly oozing down from the broken corpse that has been nailed into the rock above. As if not enough of a warning by itself, gleaming metal spikes hang from the ceiling, their tips covered in crimson.

>ne

You navigate through the cavern, the thick smoke slowing you down.

Roundtime: 5 sec.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The cavern walls have been blackened, while the heavy scent of sulphur permeates in the air. A charred corpse lies in a far corner, cooked inside a suit of melted armor.

Obvious exits: northeast, southwest

A bolt of fire blasts out of a notch in the wall and strikes you!

... 3 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Feels painful.

You shake your head.

>ne

A bolt of fire blasts out of a notch in the wall and strikes you!

... 3 points of damage!

Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.

You navigate through the cavern, the thick smoke slowing you down.

Roundtime: 5 sec.

[from here on, assume more fire blasts and stronger fire blasts with each step]

[Drangell's Hideout]

Scorch marks line the cavern's walls, while blackened bodies litter the dirt floors. Thick, pungent smoke drifts through the chamber.

Obvious exits: northeast, southwest

>ne

You navigate through the cavern, the thick smoke slowing you down.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The cavern walls have been scorched, and the putrid scent of burnt flesh thickens the air. A half-burnt body is slumped in a corner, a partial area of his face melted off.

>nw

You navigate through the cavern, the thick smoke slowing you down.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The blackened husks of animals and humanoids litter the ground. Smoky haze drifts slowly through the chamber.

>nw

You navigate through the cavern, the thick smoke slowing you down.

[Drangell's Hideout]

The underground tunnel comes to an end at a drop off, where a stained wooden ladder descends into the darkness below. Periodically, a wave of heat causes the air to shimmer.

>go ladder

[Drangell's Hideout]

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel. You also see a stained wooden ladder.

Also here: Commander Roblar, Dergoatean, Magister Raelee, Marshal Madmountan, Neovik, Lady Lornieh, Meureii, Lord Thrassus

[This area is found to be safe and people eat herbs to recover, but no empaths made it through. Crux is brought there, but is himself dead and anyway is still cut off from magic.]

Deckits says, "Well, there is a door at the end of this, but it is quite locked."

>n

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel.

>ne

[Drangell's Hideout]

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel.

>ne

[Drangell's Hideout]

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel.

>n

[Drangell's Hideout]

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel.

>n

[Drangell's Hideout]

Brass lanterns hang from the rock walls, casting a shuttered glow down the hall. The ground here is hard and smoothed by frequent travel.

>e [Drangell's Hideout]

The hall tapers into a narrow walkway that leads up to a huge steel door. Torch light from nearby faintly illuminates the jagged rock walls.

[attempts to open the door, but many people are missing arms or legs; Deckits tries the Unlock spell while others take the more direct approach]

Madmountan bashes the steel door with his coraesine mekya ne'rutka.

Madmountan bashes the steel door with his coraesine mekya ne'rutka.

Madmountan bashes the steel door with his coraesine mekya ne'rutka.

Roblar bashes the steel door with his rolaren waraxe.

Suddenly, you hear a sound like shattered crystal and a bright reddish-brown light flashes from the lock mechanism!

Roblar is engulfed by the light!

A suit of black rolaren plate armor partially deflects the onslaught of the impact attack.

... 5 points of damage!

Blow grazes left leg.

A wave of russet ethereal ripples moves outward from a huge steel door.

Neovik is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 63 points of damage!

Blow to back removes the spinal column!

Neovik drops dead at your feet!

Lornieh is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 27 points of damage!

Massive blow to neck snaps it!

Lornieh drops dead at your feet!

Meureii is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 50 points of damage!

Every bone in the left arm shattered and scattered about!

He is stunned!

Roblar is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

A suit of black rolaren plate armor partially deflects the onslaught of the impact attack.

... 58 points of damage!

Strike to abdomen ruptures internal organs!

Roblar drops dead at your feet!

Raelee suddenly appears as she is knocked to the ground by the russet ethereal waves.

... 17 points of damage!

Strong blow to left arm breaks it!

She is stunned!

Madmountan is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 19 points of damage!

Hard blow to neck loosens head on shoulders.

Quite fatal!

Madmountan drops dead at your feet!

Deckits is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 15 points of damage!

Strong blow to abdomen!

He is stunned!

Dergoatean is buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.

... 53 points of damage!

Blow to chest frees a rib to spear a lung and heart!

He is stunned!

You are buffeted by the russet ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.

You are pinned in place, unable to move.

... 38 points of damage!

Your left arm is torn from your shoulder by the blow!

You are stunned for 8 rounds!

The ghostly voice of Roblar deeply says, "Uh oh."

The ghostly voice of Lornieh says, "Well.... Ow."

The ghostly voice of Roblar deeply exclaims, "He was bashin it too!"

The ghostly voice of Madmountan exclaims, "Roblar did it!"

You admit, "This could be going better."


The Tools at the End of the Tunnel (OOC Knowledge Only)

>go door

[Drangell's Den]

Light from open lanterns brightens the underground chamber, revealing a series of bookshelves along one wall, while a worktable dominates another. You also see a huge steel door.

Obvious paths: north, south

>n

[Drangell's Den]

A huge table rests in the center of the room, where a large slab of boar meat sits on it untouched. Faint smoky tendrils still rise from a smoldering fire pit in the corner.

>s

>s

[Drangell's Den]

An armored training mannequin stands in a corner of the room, its metal breastplate dented and damaged. Numerous cuts and wedges appear along the mannequin s limbs.

>e

[Drangell's Den]

An entire rock wall is covered with a huge canvas map, depicting the borders and landmarks throughout the Turamzzyrian Empire. A blood-stained table in the corner is cluttered with tiny wood and stone markers, many crafted into the shape of tiny soldiers or catapults. You also see a weathered wooden table.

>look tab

The table is weathered and old, but is covered by various sharp metal shards, small blades, and some dissembled prism-shaped devices. There are also three sets of discolored white steel gauntlets, each pair having scorched sigil marks along them. There is also a silver crystal ball talisman resting on the table near a tarnished silver musicbox and a brass scrying bowl.

[Examination and discussion continues for about half an hour. No bards made it through, but later in the night Seomanthe is called; however, loresongs of the objects--the gauntlets, the musicbox, and the bowl being the ones we could interact with--turn up nothing. Finally, much later in the night, in the Mayor's office...]

Speaking curiously to Cruxophim, you say, "Mayor, normally I'd have every intent of including all the details in my report about tonight, but considering the situation... would you like me to leave some things out? Maybe Rone could be led to believe that his traps stopped anyone from getting through."

Cruxophim looks thoughtfully at you.

You reason, "If he thinks his hideout wasn't compromised, he -might- return to it. Might."

Speaking thoughtfully to you, Cruxophim notes, "That isn't a bad idea. Perhaps have that in a separate report."

Cruxophim tiredly admits, "It's a long shot, aye... and I'm sure he'll probably realize with all the traps set off, but anything's worth a shot."