StormFront is an official front end (FE) for GemStone IV and DragonRealms, and works with the Windows operating system. Compared with the Wizard FE, StormFront provides more features, including a point-and-click interface, dialog boxes, and a more advanced scripting engine.
Scripting Guide: https://www.play.net/dr/play/stormfront_scripting.asp
StormFront stores settings (such as highlights and scripts) separately for each character, either on the server or locally. This can be toggled inside StormFront under Options > Settings > Location.
Local settings are stored as XML files in C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\StormFront (not the folder in which StormFront is installed).
There are currently three user interface skins available for the StormFront FE:
- Original "Storm" Skin - Installed by default
- StealthFront Skin - Available via play.net Here
- NishiFront Skin - Available via third party website Here
The Original and StealthFront skins were developed by Simutronics and they are both officially supported. NishiFront was developed by a player and it is not officially supported.
To use a downloaded skin: Save the files to your StormFront directory (usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Simu\StormFront). You can switch your skin by going to Options > Choose Skin in StormFront.
StormFront skins were made with ActiveSkin (no longer in development). You can download a copy of the program from play.net here
Macros allow the user to execute a sequence of commands with a single keypress.
Special keywords that can be used in macros include:
- \r - Send the command.
- \p - pause 1 second before continuing.
- \x - Delete the contents of the command line before continuing.
- @ - Place the insertion marker here.
- \? - Replace this with the contents of the command line before starting.
Backup Stormfront Settings and Scripts Once A Month
All your macros, scripts, highlights, windows layout and more are held in settings for your Stormfront. You'd hate to lose this all to some accident, right? Even if you do not save your settings on the server, it's better to be safe than sorry, and plan to back them all up once a month.
- In StormFront go to your upper right corner and click on Options. Choose Settings, then select Export.
- Everything will be checked to export by default. Go ahead, leave it all checked for a complete backup.
- The default file name and directory is C:\StormFront.xml Personally I don't rewrite old backups like this. I include the date in the file and my character name, and I save it in DropBox, not hanging on the root of my hard drive. Google Drive is another great place to save it, or once you have it saved, email it to yourself. Bottom line: Save it somewhere that you can get to in the case of a computer crash.
- Remember to do this export process for each character, because they have their own settings.