The Nazhor Chronicles/Chapter One/2019-03-03 Arrival of Socius (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline The Nazhor Chronicles on March 3, 2019, from the viewpoint of Qafziel Nalfein.

Summary

  • The events of the night kick off with a vision. Suddenly, the air in front of you begins to waver. As the disturbance grows, occasional flickers of strange scenes are visible between the ripples. A candle. A temple. A waterfall. And then... a large island, with a heavy layer of mist across the northern edge. The image slowly fades, to be replaced with a new one... A wide, toothy grin in place beneath a heavy red cowl. After a heartbeat, your vision returns, leaving you slightly disoriented.
  • Ilsola arrives at Gardenia Commons and greets adventurers. She seems nervous and tries to pass off the vision as imagination and the weather playing tricks. She says Socius will be along presently and that he intimated he had something else to do first. She said Socius arrived yesterday and they were on the same page that everything that happened before was in the past. She also stated that Duvainiel is still in the cell.
  • Socius arrives and immediately says, "I'm pleased to see so many here, willing to assist with the troubles plaguing our town. Ilsola whispers something to him and he glances at her and says, "For those who have not heard, or who have been misled by those who are... deluding themselves..." and he glances at Ilsola again. He then says madman Nazhor has wrought havoc in Mist Harbor and is at large and a threat. Ilsola tells him to wait a minute, he tells her to remember their conversation of the day before, and she stomps off.
  • Socius continues that Nazhor has acquired a pair of significantly powerful artifacts (a necklace of great power and a chest that was the property of a trader from River's Rest) and has made severe threats. Adventurers challenge this. Socius replies that Nazhor "has threatened to cause chaos, and unbalance. He has shown no hesitation to kill to achieve his means. He has beguiled many, and there is some foolish talk about mind control floating around." He lists off the First Sergeant, Cendadric, and Penre as people affected. He also answers Elysia's question of whether or not he's under mind control by saying, "I have resources at my disposal that prevent such a thing." Socius quietly says, "This town is my home. I was born here, and lived here for most of my childhood. I will not stand by and see it tainted in any fashion."
  • Socius coerces Naamit into helping by stealing a deep black bracelet of finely polished glaes from her. At the end of the night, Naamit requests an eonake dagger from Socius as collateral for the bracelet he stole from her. He agrees and hands it over.
  • Socius announces that he is putting out a bounty on the merchant Penre. Anyone who brings him in alive gets 250,000 silvers from Socius' pocket.
  • Socius announces that he is reinstating the Mist Harbor Militia.
  • Adventurers begin to have visions (Elysia, Maylan, Khobra, Avawren, Amalara, Roblar, Ysharra, Rohese, and Jahadeem)
Maylan and Roblar saw: A whisper reaches your ear, though it is muddled and indistinct at best.  Glancing around, you are unable to discern its source.  After a heartbeat, the noise returns, still somewhat garbled, but with increased volume.  Another cautious look around reveals nothing that might be causing the whispers.  Suddenly, you flinch back as a panicked scream sounds in your ear!  "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE!!"  As the echoes fade away, your ears ring loudly, but a quick look around reveals no sign that anyone else heard anything.
Elysia and Ysharra saw: Your vision grows hazy at an alarming rate, and the air in front of you begins to waver, as stone might on a particularly hot day.  Through the wavering, shapes can be seen, though the details are impossible to make out.  The rippling air halts for just a moment, and one of the shapes resolves itself into a skeletal figure, its skin intact, but stretched taut across its bones.  Its lidless eyes snap to yours, and it opens its mouth and screams!  The instant it does so, the ripples start once more for a heartbeat, then your vision clears completely, leaving you shaken.
Jahadeem saw: At the edge of your vision you see a scarlet-clad figure enter the area.  Its features are indistinct at best, but its posture and gait are... wrong.  One shoulder of the vaguely humanoid form is higher than the other, and it proceeds forward with a severe, painful-looking limp.  Its progress is slow, and you look around to see if anyone else has seen it.  Noting the lack of reaction from those around you, you turn back and notice with a chill that the figure is much closer to you than before, still proceeding at the same plodding pace.  You can just make out a sneer across its face before it disappears.  You blink in surprise, then feel hot breath on the back of your neck, whispering "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE".  When you whirl around, there is nothing to be seen.
Avawren saw: Your head suddenly begins to throb, pulsing with pain.  You grimace slightly and put a hand to your head, then feel your equilibrium begin to waver.  The throbbing continues to steadily increase, becoming near unbearable!  You close your eyes and feel the world spin underneath you, then as quickly as it began, the sensation stops completely.  You note that there are no ambient sounds around you at all, and then you hear a very faint whisper, "...wvososqmmprvke..."
  • Twice, adventurers see a ripple streak across the sky overheard, the ground rumbles, and then a popping noise. They also find a creeping miasma and a dark sludge. Both are killed before anything is learned.
  • Darcena takes the adventurers and Socius to the Sunset Cay Dock where she and Avawren met a ghost a few days previous. While there, an indistinct entity arrives. The indistinct entity has tough, leathery hide, as black as midnight. Bat-like wings sprout from its back, but they do not look large or strong enough to support its weight in flight. The entity's claws are long, sharp and appear to be stained with the blood of many victims. Its eyes are eerie, solid green orbs that seem to glow with an inner power. It shudders, in obvious pain, throws back its head, screaming in agony, before vaporizing.
  • The adventurers take a tour of the Sunset Cay cabin. A discussion occurs around the bedroom door with red runes on it. Khobra posits they are fire runes to trap water magic and counter Elspie. Darcena says maybe they were a warning of the fire and cell inside. Naamit states they resemble the red runes all over Socius, which he denies and says they are different. As adventurers talk, they hear a deep laugh among the thunder far in the distance.
  • Socius refuses to release his last name or his family's last name. Khobra asks if the name is one among the five families. Socius retorts, "What are the five families?" Socius tells Khobra that his father is the sole owner of the island and he purchased it from the Chronomages.
  • In the bedroom, Nazarr unlocks the hatch and the adventurers enter to find it... empty. Duvainiel is not there. Darcena suggests the footsteps and rustling noises they heard when Ilsola was presumably locking up Duvainiel may instead have been Ilsola helping Duvainiel escape. Socius wants to question Ilsola. The group heads to Hale Hall to find Ilsola.
  • Ilsola comes out at Hale Hall and states that Duvainiel is in her cell. Adventurers state that isn't so. Socius states "This is pointless." and he fishes a small whistle out from under his tunic and blows it. A low note sounds through the room. Two large men step into the hall and seize Ilsola by the arms, dragging her away as she starts to protest. Socius justifies this by saying, "She lied on her reports. She refuses to even admit that Nazhor is still a problem. She's a coward, a weakling, and an amateur. She would get us all killed." He states he will hold Ilsola and will question her in four days; he states that in his experience, that's the appropriate length of time for individuals to have their tongues loosened. He also states Ilsola will not be harmed in any way during her incarceration.
  • Maylan challenges Socius to a duel, but he sadly does not partake.
  • Socius says, "I can no more keep her safe than I can keep any of us safe from whatever that phenomenon might be. This is why we Must. Find. Nazhor."
  • Darcena asks Socius if he only tells the absolute truth and only the truth at all times. Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I am completely capable of lying to suit my purposes, as are all." Darcena states Luukos is going to eat Socius' soul if he keeps it up.
  • Socius quietly says, "For tonight... I have a report to write. Thank you all for coming out. I will see you in four days, for Ilsola's questioning. A messenger will be sent with the location and time."

GM Cast: Ilsola, Socius

Adventurers: Amalara, Apsaras, Lady Avawren, Brewyte, Lady Darcena, Deyoni, Lord Dracnoir, Lady Elysia, Ensayn, Eoghain, Gnarles, Greng, Lord Iian, Great Lord Jahadeem, Khiya, Khobra, Historian Khylynnia, Scribe Louaryne, Maleisse, Land Pirate Maylan, Misun, Mistress Naamit, Great Lord Nazarr, Great Lord Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Ponclast, Qafziel, Raljein, Ragz, Arena Hero Roblar, High Lady Rohese, Lady Saphriel, Schultz, Spoetzel, Sothog, High Lord Talinvor, Ysharra, Zamnier

Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

[Editor's Note: Throughout this log, characters were eating and drinking a variety of foods. For thoroughness and simultaneous briefness, I have made the following list and cut it all from the documented proceedings: Amalara (a glass of honeysuckle wine), Apsaras (a stein of cold golden ale), Avawren (mug of dark brown Tamzyrr tea, mug of bitter evergreen tea), Darcena (a lot of rolton leg, stein of cold golden ale), Dracnoir (a shot of well-aged whiskey) Elysia (a cup of amaretto-spiked coffee), Ensayn (mint-garnished lamb), Greg (amaretto-spiked coffee), Iian (pale peach wine, a cup of golden jasmine tea), Jahadeem (a plate of marinated basilisk, a rolton leg), Khobra (a glass of coconut rum), Khylynnia (some fried and onion-topped crocodile, a chunk of mint-garnished lamb), Maylan (a shot of well-aged whiskey), Maleisse (a mug of dark brown Tamzyrr tea, a cup of black currant tea), Meggiemae (a breast of wine-soaked chicken), Misun (a cup of pale lavender tea), Nehor (Northern Fury Mead, a stein of cold golden ale, flaky puff pastry, a plate of marinated basilisk), Ordim (pumpkin spice muffin, a large red apple), Ponclast (a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur, a pineapple jelly donut), Sothog (an herb-crusted breast of duck), Talinvor (a flute of spiced blood wine, thin bacon slices).]

Gathering (Pre-Event Chatter)

[Gardenia Commons]
The soft, soothing sound of the carved marble fountain that dominates Gardenia Commons breaks the silence of day.  Bright sunlight dapples the area in a warm glow and reflects off the water pouring into the fountain, causing rainbows of ethereal light to dance across the mist that clings to the cobblestone street.  A light, thin layer of dew glistens on the wrought iron benches that encircle the fountain.  You also see a large grey tent covering the majority of the Commons, a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry with some stuff on it, a wide-mouthed wicker basket and an official notice posted on the side of the fountain.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Khobra nods in greeting at Darcena.
Khobra kisses Darcena tenderly on the cheek.

On the wooden table:
Containers [1]: a pile of rolton legs
Food/Drink [18]: a chunk of mint-garnished lamb, an herb-crusted breast of duck, a breast of wine-soaked chicken, an herb-filled flaky puff pastry, some fried and onion-topped crocodile, a plate of marinated basilisk, a large red apple, a mug of dark brown Tamzyrr tea, a mug of bitter evergreen tea, a cup of pale lavender tea, a dainty pot of raspberry-mango tea, a cup of black currant tea, a cup of amaretto-spiked coffee, a cup of golden jasmine tea, a bowl of chunky potato soup, a stein of cold golden ale, a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur, a shot of well-aged whiskey

Nehor airily declares, "I see that the skin of tree elves are much thinner than one would expect. Pity."

>read notice
In the Common language, it reads:
To all Mist Harbor residents and visitors.  Be advised that my son, Socius, is en route.  He will be taking on an advisory role, assisting Town Administrator Ilsola, and he is to be afforded all the respect due his bloodline.  Regards, ~C

Amalara laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Mr. Popular it being Zuper popular at the moment."
Darcena nods slowly at Khobra.
Darcena gives Khobra a lingering kiss on the cheek.
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Avawren smiles at Darcena.
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Darcena admits, "I just ignore him."
Amalara smiles at Darcena.
Darcena pulls the hood of her black leather coat over her head, gaining coverage from the rainfall and fastens the buttons on her black leather coat, protecting herself from the rainstorm.
Darcena smiles at Amalara.
Speaking to Darcena, Amalara says, "Wise words."
With one leg awkwardly placed behind the other, Darcena attempts to curtsy before Amalara, only to stumble and almost fall.
Darcena grunts.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "I vaz, but forezt child - too curiouz."
Khobra smiles.
Darcena nods to Avawren in greeting.
Khobra smirks at Amalara.
Amalara flushes slightly, some color reaching her cheeks.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Bluzhing in cheek, playful dizplay of guilt."
Khobra winks at Amalara.
Darcena chuckles.
Darcena kisses Talinvor tenderly on the cheek.
Darcena helps herself to a rolton leg.
Speaking to Khobra, Amalara says, "I admit, they do hold a certain...curiousity. Like small children but." waves a hand airly "Not as cute."."
Talinvor glances at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Darcena beams happily at a rolton leg in her hand.
Speaking softly to her rolton leg, Darcena croons, "Perfect."
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Speaking seriously to Darcena, Khobra inquires, "Do you have ANY rum?"
Darcena looks over at Khobra and shakes her head.
Speaking sincerely to Khobra, Darcena says, "My apologies."
Speaking to Amalara, Khobra says, "Yez, I did not blame you and did admit a playful curiouzity you held."
Amalara agrees with Khobra.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "All here Whizkey. And I have to double fizt it. It's making me look like a drunk."
Khobra smirks.
(Darcena gnaws happily on her rolton leg.)
Darcena bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Khobra.
Darcena seriously asks, "Anything wrong with that?"
Nehor glances at Darcena.
Avawren gazes thoughtfully at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "YEz zaid and - vov.. lozt it."
Darcena cocks her head.
Khobra asks, "I did get vne zzz- S?"
Speaking seriously to Khobra, Darcena says, "Sometimes you don't make any sense."
Darcena says, "Oooh."
Darcena nods at Khobra.
Darcena says, "You have to put your tongue just like... So."
(Darcena flattens her tongue along her teeth.)
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "I got excited."
Khobra says, "That'z the only time I don't make zenze. But even then, only for a moment."
Nehor disdainfully says, "...I've seen some messy eaters in my time but..."
Khobra smiles at Darcena.
Nehor shivers.
Talinvor grabs a glass of coconut rum from a small pocket inside of his silver-buckled longcoat.
Darcena casually runs the tip of her tongue over the point of one of her razor-sharp fangs, somehow managing to appear both threatening and seductive at the same time.
Talinvor offers Darcena a glass of coconut rum.
Darcena beams happily at Talinvor!
Darcena unfastens the buttons on her black leather coat and opens it, baring herself to the rainy weather.
Darcena accepts Talinvor's coconut rum.
Darcena sniffs at her coconut rum.
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Darcena licks her coconut rum.
Darcena offers Khobra a glass of coconut rum.
Talinvor grabs a glass of honeysuckle wine from a small pocket inside of his silver-buckled longcoat.
Speaking playfully to Darcena, Khobra says, "Totz on the jelly."
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena exclaims, "Rum!"
Talinvor offers Amalara a glass of honeysuckle wine.
Khobra accepts Darcena's coconut rum.
Khobra nods to Talinvor in greeting.
Amalara smiles at Talinvor.
Talinvor nods to Khobra in greeting.
Amalara accepts Talinvor's honeysuckle wine.
Talinvor grabs a flute of spiced blood wine from a small pocket inside of his silver-buckled longcoat.
Darcena glances at a rolton leg in her hand.
Darcena's eyes take on a glassy look as she appears to fall into a vivid daydream.
Talinvor nods in agreement.
Talinvor glances at a large grey tent covering the majority of the Commons.
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara says, "Thank you M'Lord."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra remarks, "All right! Going to be a good evening. I would like to azk a requezt of you."
Khobra says, "Hear me out."
Speaking curiously to Amalara, Talinvor asks, "Was there a festival?"
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara says, "No, though a dignity of sorts is expected to arrive soon."
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Avawren quietly says, "He has already arrived."
Amalara glances at a large grey tent covering the majority of the Commons.
Nehor idly says, "Mayhaps he's giving some sort of announcement or other. The men were most insistent on setting this all up."
Nehor smiles thinly as he gestures to the tent and the table, sipping at his ale.
Khobra removes an enormous diamond-scaled snake from in her midnight black cloak.
Lightning streaks down from the sky, crackling and charging the air.
Talinvor glances up.
Talinvor pulls the deep cross-layered hood with a low tapered brim of his silver-buckled longcoat over his head, gaining coverage from the rainfall.
Speaking to her diamond-scaled snake, Khobra remarks, "Made need to you lookie about vor a moment."
Khobra tugs gently at her diamond-scaled snake's scales.  It squirms responsively and hisses.
Darcena suddenly blinks and wakes up from her daydream.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena asks, "I'm sorry, I was daydreaming about my rolton leg. Were you saying something?"
Amalara gazes in amusement at Darcena.
Khobra says, "Realized."
Khobra smirks at Darcena.
Ponclast pours himself a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra remarks, "Your tongue az zharp az my bladez, my actions as poizonouznezz az the znakez upon them... Zo.. here iz the requzt."
Amalara glances between Khobra and Darcena.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "You have a bit of a temper Mizzy."
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Khobra smiles at Darcena.
Darcena bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Khobra.
Amalara raises an eyebrow.
Speaking fondly to Khobra, Darcena says, "Only when it is well deserved."
Darcena gnaws lightly on her lower lip, as if lost in thought.  The razor-sharp tip of one of her fangs breaks the skin and causes a tiny bead of blood to appear.  Almost absent-mindedly, she catches it with the tip of her tongue.
Avawren gazes with a bemused expression at Darcena.
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara says, "This is lovely, thank you again."
Talinvor whispers something to Darcena.
Nehor yawns.
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Khobra playfully asks, "Mmhhmm, yeah but - that temper at timez vell-l-l. Az fuel to fire. Letz hear vhat all needz zaid and "allow" time to prove their vordz?"
Talinvor nods in agreement at Amalara.
Darcena grins slowly at Talinvor.
Lightning streaks down from the sky, crackling and charging the air.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Khobra.
Avawren gazes up into the heavens.
Darcena slowly empties her lungs.
Darcena hesitantly says, "I can try."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra remarks, "Az in, don't jump at the firzt miztake and ztuff."
Darcena says, "Elspie has been found."
Nehor scoffs.
Darcena nods slowly.
Darcena says, "It doesn't feel as pressing, now."
Deyoni glances away.
Sothog leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "You can try, yez. Your bezt iz all I vould azk any."
Darcena flashes Sothog a wolfish grin.
Darcena nods slowly at Khobra.
Sothog grins at Darcena.
Speaking doubtfully to Khobra, Darcena says, "No promises."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Zo, for one evening if your bezt if zelf-control, that vould be awezeome."
Darcena scratches herself on the arm.
Khobra says, "I vill even give you a Kho-bra, don't through logic in my face card."
Darcena sadly mouths, "Self-control."
Speaking wryly to Khobra, Talinvor asks, "Are you suggesting a muzzle?"
Amalara appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Darcena growls at Talinvor.
Talinvor grins.
Speaking to Talinvor, Khobra says, "Funny, but not. vne friend talking to another. Zhe met me day one. Zuggezted thingz vith helped me."
Nehor nods once.
Sothog blinks.
Avawren squints.
Khobra says, "True friendz return the favor in time."
Sothog glances at Nehor.
Darcena hugs Khobra, who wraps her in a warm embrace.
Khobra smiles.
Nehor tersely greets, "Sir."
Talinvor gives Khobra a rather puzzled look.
Sothog nods to Nehor in greeting.
Speaking to Khobra, Talinvor says, "While I know a number of languages, your dialect eludes me."
Speaking to Talinvor, Darcena says, "She's saying that you saying I talk too much and need a muzzle is insulting and she would not do that because we are friends."
Amalara gazes in amusement at Talinvor.
Speaking to Talinvor, Darcena says, "Because I've helped her from the first day she arrived in the Landing."
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor teases, "I could have suggested a leash."
Darcena snorts derisively at Talinvor!
Jahadeem yawns.
Khobra laughs!
Khobra whistles tunelessly to herself.
Speaking to Talinvor, Darcena says, "I'll give YOU a leash."
Jahadeem waves to Darcena.
Khobra says, "Vaz funny."
Nehor interjects, "Might I suggest a room?"
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Talinvor waggles his fingers mystically at Darcena.  How nice.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Darcena turns toward Jahadeem and renders a sharp salute with her cold golden ale.
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Jahadeem turns toward Darcena and renders a sharp hand salute.
Talinvor begins chuckling at Nehor!
Darcena smiles at Elysia.
Darcena sniffs at Elysia.
Elysia gazes in amusement at Darcena.
Talinvor gazes thoughtfully at his thin bacon slices.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "How are the Commons this late afternoon?"
Speaking in Elven, Khobra says, "See, the simplest of accents - lost to quite enough among the elite. In this realm - I've noticed."
Ordim surveys the area.
Darcena sniffs at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Avawren smiles at Elysia.
Nehor takes a drink from his cold golden ale.
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Avawren curtsies politely to Elysia.
Jahadeem helps himself to a rolton leg.
Darcena shrugs at Jahadeem.
Darcena cheerfully exclaims, "I'm happy!"
Speaking in Elven, Talinvor says, "Ahh, now you are easier to understand, Khobra."
Darcena points at a pile of rolton legs on a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Elysia curtsies gracefully to Avawren.
Amalara smiles at Khobra.
Jahadeem sniffs at his rolton leg.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Khobra says, "Enjoy the food and booze."
Speaking to Avawren, Elysia says, "Good afternoon."
Darcena cheerfully says, "Ilsola got my letter."
Darcena starts chortling.
Jahadeem quietly says, "I think I will."
Great Lord Nazarr just arrived.
Speaking wryly to Elysia, Avawren asks, "Lovely one, isn't it?"
Deyoni walks over to the benches and settles down.
Avawren fastens the onyx-inset jade rose crest on her obsidian wool cloak, protecting herself from the rainstorm.
Sothog coughs.
Speaking in Elven, Amalara says, "It takes a bit of training the ear, but you common is not that bad really."
Speaking in Elven, Khobra says, "Do not blame me sound like a naive  to the lowers understand."
Deyoni surveys her surroundings carefully.
Elysia swirls her amaretto-spiked coffee gently in her hand, and a wisp of fragrant steam rises from the warm liquid.
Ordim gazes up into the heavens.
Elysia takes a tiny sip of her amaretto-spiked coffee, warming her lips and making sure it's cool enough to drink.
Speaking in Elven, Khobra says, "Pretty sure throwing a banana in the center of any room would have the same effect on most."
(Jahadeem puts some hot sauce on his marinated basilisk and his rolton leg, careful to put the perfect amount on each.)
Elysia nods approvingly.
Amalara laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.
Ordim removes a warm pumpkin spice muffin from in his muffin tin.
Ordim hums happily to himself as he rummages through his possessions. His tune takes a sudden upbeat turn when he finds a handful of crumbs which he promptly pops into his mouth.
Elysia raises an eyebrow in Ordim's direction.
Darcena beams happily at Ordim!
Speaking to Ordim, Darcena asks, "Do you have one for Madmountan for me?"
Speaking in Elven to herself, Khobra says, "I really want to write that too."
Ordim blinks.
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Darcena holds her palm out toward Ordim, looking for a handout.
Nehor coughs.
Jahadeem quietly says, "My rolton leg is medium rare!  Just the way I like it."
Ordim removes a warm caramel apple muffin from in his muffin tin.
Ordim offers Darcena a warm caramel apple muffin.
Ordim nods once.
Darcena accepts Ordim's caramel apple muffin.
Darcena beams happily at Ordim!
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Nehor.
Speaking in Elven, Khobra says, "Pretty offensive though. Too Sober to logically decide."
Darcena says, "He liked this one last time."
Darcena nods slowly at Ordim.
Ordim giggles.
Darcena sniffs at her caramel apple muffin.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Anyone want some hot sauce?"
Darcena looks over at Jahadeem and shakes her head.
Ordim blinks at Jahadeem.
Speaking dryly to Jahadeem, Nehor says, "...No, thank you."
Jahadeem chuckles.
Darcena politely says, "No thank you."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim asks, "Spicey sauce?"
Ordim ponders.
Amalara shakes her head.
(Jahadeem offers some hot saue to Ordim.)
Khobra leans on Darcena, giving her a companionable grin.
Elysia leans against a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Darcena smiles at Khobra.

A Vision

Suddenly, the air in front of you begins to waver.  As the disturbance grows, occasional flickers of strange scenes are visible between the ripples.  A candle.  A temple.  A waterfall.  And then... a large island, with a heavy layer of mist across the northern edge.  The image slowly fades, to be replaced with a new one... A wide, toothy grin in place beneath a heavy red cowl.  After a heartbeat, your vision returns, leaving you slightly disoriented.
Nehor frowns.
Darcena frowns.
Alariela raises an eyebrow.
Nehor annoyedly complains, "Those damned visions!"
Avawren raises an eyebrow.
Ordim rubs his deep heliotrope eyes.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Talinvor rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Alariela rubs her deep violet eyes.
Amalara closes her eyes for a moment.
Speaking quietly to Nehor, Jahadeem says, "I think I had the same one."
Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "Seems like a nice enough fellow."
Ordim shrugs.
Iian says, "That was strange."
Elysia pulls the pale flyrsilk-lined hood of her velvet longcoat over her head, gaining coverage from the rainfall.
Deyoni lightly drums her fingers on her leg.
Ordim exclaims, "At least he's happy!"
Ordim giggles.
Sothog works his fingers under his silver circlet and scratches his head.
Elysia leans on Naamit.
Darcena shortly asks, "Did you all see a waterfall? And a candle?"
Sothog mutters portents.
Iian nods at Darcena.
Jahadeem quietly says, "And a temple."
Speaking in Elven, Talinvor curiously asks, "Waterfall.. eii, plenty around here. But a temple?"
Darcena mutters something about temple.
Sothog nods at Darcena.
Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle and shifts her weight.

Ilsola Arrives

Ilsola says, "Apologies, all."
Ordim snickers.
Deyoni stands up.
Nehor glances at Ordim.
Sothog nods to Ilsola in greeting.
Amalara agrees with Talinvor.
Ilsola exclaims, "Thank you all for coming out!"
Darcena surprisedly exclaims, "Oh! Ilsola!"
Khobra nods in greeting at Ilsola.
Darcena says, "You got my letter. Thanks for the food."
Amalara turns to face Ilsola.
Iian smiles at Ilsola.
Darcena flashes Ilsola a wolfish grin.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Jahadeem waves to Ilsola.
Avawren shifts her weight.
Dracnoir smiles at Khobra.
Nazarr nods at Ilsola.
Dracnoir joins Khobra's group.
Apsaras nods to Ilsola in greeting.
Ilsola exclaims, "It's... surprising what one can imagine seeing through this rain!"
Khobra gives Dracnoir a lingering kiss on the cheek.
Ilsola laughs nervously.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem says, "I would hake your hand but I have just been eating."
Khobra touches one finger to her lips.
Elysia nods politely at Ilsola.
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Ilsola.
Darcena narrows her eyes.
Sothog peers quizzically at Ilsola.
Sothog says, "Hrm."
Speaking to Ilsola, Elysia says, "Good day."
Folding his left arm behind his back and dipping to one knee, Ordim bows respectfully to Ilsola and inclines his head.
Ilsola smiles at Elysia.
Deyoni glances up.
Ponclast bows respectfully before Ilsola, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.
Speaking to Ilsola, Khobra says, "They came vith tent to zhelter from rain."
Ilsola asks, "I hope you are all enjoying the food?"
Speaking to Ilsola, Elysia says, "The coffee is delicious."
Ordim's cheeks take on a slightly flushed tone.
Greng nods.
Speaking to Khobra, Ilsola says, "I'm so glad.  I asked them to, and they assured me it wouldn't be a problem."
Speaking politely to Ilsola, Nehor inquires, "Do we have you to thank for the shelter and refreshment, then?"
Speaking to Elysia, Ilsola says, "That's a favorite of mine as well."
Darcena smiles toothily and rips another bit of dripping raw flesh off her rolton leg with her sharp fangs.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Speaking to Nehor, Ilsola asks, "Well, it's courtesy of the town, but I arranged it, so... in a manner of speaking?"
Speaking to Ilsola, Khobra says, "The booze, drink, and tent vill provide good outcome for velcoming."
Jahadeem quietly says, "The rolton legs are great."
Ilsola laughs nervously.
Nehor smirks.
(Ordim rubs his apple on his robe, giving its skin a bright shine.)
Apsaras grins at Ilsola.
Zamnier nods to Ordim in greeting.
Avawren gazes with interest at Ilsola.
Ordim nods to Zamnier in greeting.
Speaking smoothly to Ilsola, Nehor says, "Then, in a manner of speaking, I am in your debt."
Ilsola says, "Um... Socius is... he'll be along presently."
Nehor bows respectfully, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.
Speaking softly to Ilsola, Dracnoir says, "Well, many thanks for that."
Ilsola blushes a nice shade of rosy pink.
Brewyte raises an eyebrow.
Dracnoir bows to Ilsola.
Talinvor gazes thoughtfully at an official notice posted on the side of the fountain.
Jahadeem chuckles.
Ilsola says, "I had informed him of this gathering, but he intimated he might have something else to do first."
Zamnier leans against an elegant carved marble fountain.
Ilsola gulps.
Darcena narrows her eyes.
Speaking to Ilsola, Apsaras says, "Thank ye for the ale."
Speaking to Ilsola, Sothog asks, "I take it his presence has been a bit stressful?"
Dracnoir shrugs at Ilsola.
Talinvor corrects, "Insinuated?"
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Ensayn tugs at his beard, lost in thought.
Ilsola exclaims, "Socius actually arrived yesterday!"
Ilsola says, "It was a... pleasant surprise."
Amalara gazes in amusement at Ilsola.
Talinvor curiously says, nodding to Ilsola, "You sound.. hesitant."
Zamnier glances at Ilsola.
Brewyte nods at Ilsola.
Ensayn grunts at Ilsola, a quizzical look on his face.
Speaking to Elysia, Maylan asks, "Watcha drinking there?"
Maylan wiggles her eyebrows at Elysia.
Ilsola says, "He and I spoke, and I feel like we're on the same page.  There's no need for any sort of worry about anything that... happened.  That's all in the past."
Sweeping his arm outward, Nehor bows low in a grand fashion before Ysharra.
Ilsola laughs nervously.
Ordim says, "Silly Socius sure seems strange, silently securing several special selectees."
Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.
Elysia winks at Maylan.
Speaking to Ilsola, Sothog says, "Sounds like he wanted to see 'the lay of the land' ahead of time."
Speaking quietly to Talinvor, Amalara asks, "As if she might fear him?"
Brewyte raises an eyebrow in Ilsola's direction.
Talinvor nods once.
Sothog grins at Ordim.
Maylan fully extends her wings and stands perfectly still, eyeing Elysia cautiously.
Speaking softly to Ilsola, Dracnoir says, "You... don't sound very convicing..."
Gnarles turns to Ordim and cheers!
Naamit removes an ebon-handled lavender teacup from in her lambswool cloak.
Dracnoir peers quizzically at Ilsola.
Nehor whispers something to Ysharra.
Speaking to Dracnoir, Ilsola asks, "Well, what's there to be convincing about?"
Amalara smiles at Ysharra.
Naamit tilts her head up.
Ilsola chuckles nervously.
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Ilsola.
Ilsola says, "I mean, the truth is what it is."
Deyoni takes a moment to observe Ilsola.
Elysia gazes in amusement at Ilsola.
Speaking softly to Ilsola, Dracnoir says, "Truth... can take many guises..."
Ilsola exclaims, "Um... so... for those who are new here... welcome!"
Naamit turns around.
Speaking to Ilsola, Elysia asks, "Is it though?"
Khylynnia turns to Ilsola and bows low, spreading her wings for all to see.
Zamnier nods at Ilsola.
Maylan asks, "Who the heck are you?"
Apsaras waves to Ilsola.
Gnarles turns to Ilsola and cheers!
Maylan blinks at Ilsola.
Meggiemae nods to Ilsola in greeting.
Deyoni folds her hands.
Iian says, "Thank you."
Iian smiles at Ilsola.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Khylynnia says, "I pleasure to meet you."
Speaking to Ilsola, Raljein says, "My thanks."
Naamit gives a sidelong glance over her shoulder at Sothog.
Ysharra smiles at Nehor.
Speaking to Eldanari, Brewyte says, "Eat that, you'll feel better."
Speaking calmly to Maylan, Nehor informs, "Why, she is the giver of shelter in food in a storm."
Nehor smirks.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem says, "I hail from the Landing and heard there was going to be some refreshments so I hurried over."
Ilsola says, "I'd like to welcome you to Mist Harbor, if you haven't been here before!  We have recently had a bit of difficulty, but I'm quite confident that that's ancient history."
Eldanari chuckles.
Ordim applauds politely.
Ponclast ponders.
Ordim beams!
Speaking to Nehor, Maylan asks, "And drink?"
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Misun nods at Ilsola.
Khobra counters, "Hiztory."
Sothog applauds Ilsola.
Speaking to Maylan, Nehor agrees, "And drink."
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan asks, "Weren't you stuck in some basement?"
Ysharra smiles at Maylan.
Khobra continues, "Not zo anicent."
Sothog blinks.
Louaryne nods slowly.
Maylan works her fingers under her death mask and scratches her head.
Ordim blinks at Maylan.
Ilsola says, "Ehm... while we wait for Socius..."
Speaking to Maylan, Darcena says, "No, no. That was Elspie."
Ilsola blinks at Maylan.
Ordim squints at Ilsola.
Sothog glances up.
Speaking to Ilsola, Apsaras says, "Nice tae be meetin' ye."
Nehor examines Ysharra closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.
Speaking to Maylan, Darcena asks, "Remember?"
Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "They all look the same to me."
Maylan shrugs at Darcena.
Spoetzel paces back and forth.
Speaking to Maylan, Ordim says, "She doesn't look like she has been."
Ordim looks over at Maylan and shakes his head.
Speaking to Ilsola, Zamnier says, "I'm only here because I had an ominous vision while on the road back to Icemule. Led me to believe there might be trouble afoot."
Darcena smiles briefly at Nazarr and nods her head.
Speaking to Maylan, Ilsola corrects, "Elspie and Duvainiel were located in a cell of sorts.  Duvainiel, in fact, is still there."
Ilsola chuckles nervously.
Naamit walks to stand behind an elegant carved marble fountain.
Naamit sits down next to an elegant carved marble fountain.
Elysia says, "And a good place for her, too, really."
Darcena nods knowingly at Elysia.
Ilsola says, "As far as the visions?  I'm sure that's nothing but the weather playing tricks."
Ilsola nods.
Darcena gives a sidelong glance at Ilsola.
Ordim nods slowly.
Speaking to Elysia, Avawren says, "From what I've heard, I agree."
Zamnier smirks at Ilsola.
Darcena mutters, "Liar."
Speaking to himself, Ordim confirms, "Makes sense."
Amalara shakes her head, clucking her tongue.
Nehor raises an eyebrow in Ilsola's direction.
Speaking to Ilsola, Sothog says, "If so, they're pretty good tricks."
Speaking to Ilsola, Misun says, "Yes, of course."
Ordim folds his arms across his chest and with a shrug, grins deviously.  He must be up to something!
Darcena glances anxiously at Khobra.
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Khobra remarks, "And Ztill there az of four hourz ago. Regarding the prizoner."
Darcena grumbles.
Nehor incredulously repeats, "Weather playing tricks?"
Saphriel nods politely at Ilsola.
Ysharra flashes a quick grin at Nehor.

Socius Arrives

Socius wanders in.
Speaking to Darcena, Amalara says, "Perhaps she is just delusional."
Nehor smirks at Ysharra.
Darcena sniffs the air, then Socius and Ilsola.
Talinvor shrugs and says, "More for me then."
Socius nods once at Ilsola.
Ilsola smiles in relief.
Elysia gazes with interest at Socius.
Gnarles says, "Nothing is better for me then Plur's Manor Moonshine, available at Plur's Pubs across Elanthia."
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Speaking softly to Ilsola, Dracnoir says, "A flying, time-travelling wizard the other day in the Landing, and visions here today...  Interesting times..."
Elysia curtsies gracefully to Socius.
Speaking in Dark Elven, Deyoni softly asks something you don't understand.
Speaking encouragingly to Darcena, Khobra remarks, "No, thank que. Tvo more timez. All I azk."
Speaking to Socius, Ilsola exclaims, "Welcome!  Please, come in and meet everyone!"
Brewyte turns to face Socius.
Deyoni peers quizzically at Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem asks, "Why is Duvainiel  there?"
Nehor glances at Socius.
Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Talinvor raises an eyebrow in Deyoni's direction.
Jahadeem waves to Socius.
Ensayn grunts at Socius in greeting while Apsaras, Brewtye, Sothog, Dracnoir all nod.
Socius quietly says, "Good afternoon, all."
Darcena glances suspiciously at Ilsola.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "I would shake your hand but I have rolton all over them."
Khobra, Khylynnia, Amalura, and Meggiemae nod in greeting at Socius.
Naamit shakes her head and turns away.
Iian bows to Eldanari.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "Day tae ye."
Schultz nods at Socius.
Khylynnia nods to Naamit in greeting.
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Socius quietly says, "I'm pleased to see so many here, willing to assist with the troubles plaguing our town."
Ilsola blinks.
Darcena gazes with interest at Socius.
Ilsola whispers something to Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan asks, "We are?"
Zamnier smirks at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "What troubles would that be?"
Amalara asks, "What troubles are those?"
Avawren looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Speaking calmly to Socius, Nehor inquires, "And what assistance do you require, good sir?"
Amalara smiles at Jahadeem.
Speaking adamantly to Socius, Darcena says, "I am."
Naamit glances at Elysia and slowly exhales.
Avawren curtsies politely to Socius.
Socius glances at Ilsola.
Ponclast softly says, "Troubles? I thought everything was alright."
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "What is troublin'?"
Naamit dismissively whispers aloud to Elysia, "Why am I even here."
Naamit frowns at Elysia.
Elysia shrugs at Naamit.
Elysia grins at Naamit.
Speaking to Ponclast, Darcena murmurs, "She lies."
Ponclast nods at Darcena.
Gnarles asks, "Trouble? As in we're running low on Plur's Manor Moonshine?"
Socius quietly says, "For those who have not heard, or who have been misled by those who are... deluding themselves..."
Socius glances at Ilsola.
Ordim turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Speaking abruptly to Naamit, Darcena says, "Actually. We could use your help."
Zamnier peers quizzically at Socius.
Nazarr turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "Listen, I'm just here for the whiskey. If you need help with troubles, that's a different matter."
Misun turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Khobra squints.
Naamit rolls her eyes.
Apsaras cocks her head at Socius.
Ensayn blinks.
Dracnoir raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.
Gnarles breaks out in a sweat.
Nehor glances between Socius and Ilsola.
Socius quietly says, "A madman by the name of Nazhor recently wrought havoc in Mist Harbor."
Ysharra nods at Naamit.
Zamnier nods at Maylan.
Elysia leans on Naamit.
Ordim glances at Nehor.
Socius quietly says, "And he is still at large, and very much a threat."
Sothog nods at Socius.
Ordim glances between Socius and Nehor.
Ragz says, "Oh interesting."
Ordim furrows his brow.
Speaking to Naamit, Elysia says, "You are not the most patient friend I have."
Sothog turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Maylan says, "Ah, the toothy fella."
Ilsola exclaims, "Now wait just a moment, Socius!"
Darcena nods slowly at Socius.
Socius turns to face Ilsola.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "How did Nazhor reek havoc?"
Speaking eagerly to Socius, Darcena murmurs, "That's more like it."
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Dracnoir glances between Socius and Ilsola.
Khylynnia whispers something to Ordim.
Ysharra nods once at Naamit.
Dracnoir softly says, "This should be good."
Sothog glances at Ilsola.
Ordim nods in agreement at Khylynnia.
Zamnier nods at Jahadeem.
Ordim giggles to himself.
Speaking to Socius, Amalara asks, "He is responsible for the murder then?"
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Socius says, "You would do well to be quiet.  Remember our talk."
Louaryne acts puzzled.
Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Ilsola blushes a nice shade of rosy pink.
Ysharra leans back.
Raljein chuckles.
Misun raises an eyebrow.
Talinvor amusedly says, "Let's rile up the mob."
Ilsola turns and stomps away.
Meggiemae says, "That sounds, threatening."
Socius waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.
Deyoni nods in agreement.
Eldanari ponders.
Speaking to Amalara, Khobra says, "Knovn, yet never prezent during any crime."
Spoetzel pouts.
Speaking to Amalara, Darcena says, "Duvainiel admitted Nazhor was responsible for the murder of Brannogh."
Speaking to Gnarles, Ysharra asks, "Is there a difference?"
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir says, "My... what a charmer..."
Elysia gazes with a bemused expression at Socius.
Naamit takes a drink from her lavender teacup.
Ysharra flashes a quick grin at Gnarles.
Speaking amusedly to Talinvor, Deyoni says, "I am liking how this is going."
Darcena says, "Or was that Penre."
Socius quietly says, "This Nazhor has acquired a pair of significantly powerful artifacts."
Darcena abruptly says, "That was Penre."
Sothog blinks at Darcena.
Ordim gasps.
Nehor nods understandingly at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan asks, "Is it a pony?"
Speaking to Amalara, Khobra says, "Hiz handz dirty yet covered in more blood than my ovn."
Elysia nods in agreement at Socius.
Darcena nods eagerly at Socius.
Eldanari waves to Sothog.
Socius quietly says, "And he has made severe threats about what he plans to do with them."
Speaking to Ysharra, Gnarles says, "I'm not getting compensated, thats the difference."
Ponclast turns to face Socius.
Amalara nods thoughtfully.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Can we get these artifacts back?"
Eldanari scans her surroundings with the alertness of a seasoned woodsmistress.
Avawren slowly folds one arm over the silk of her mauve silk gown, trailing the fingers of her other hand idly against her collarbone.
Darcena bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Jahadeem.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Darcena says, "He tore Elspie apart. Figuratively."
Talinvor glances between Ysharra and Gnarles.
Socius quietly says, "This town is my home.  I was born here, and lived here for most of my childhood.  I will not stand by and see it tainted in any fashion."
Deyoni softly asks, "What artifacts?"
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir says, "What kind of artifacts..."
(Ordim stares at Socius' scar.)
Talinvor chuckles to himself.
Speaking calmly to Socius, Nehor says, "Threats? I have heard he acquired powerful totems, but did not hear of any threats..."
Elysia tugs on the pale flyrsilk-lined hood of her velvet longcoat, allowing it to shadow her face.
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte asks, "And what do you and your family propose to do about his threat, just insult the administrator?"
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "And what do these artifact things do?"
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Maylan says, "A little taint never did anyone any harm."
Nehor glances at Maylan.
Nehor rolls his eyes.
Socius quietly says, "There was a necklace of great power, and a chest that was the property of a trader from River's Rest."
Khobra raises an eyebrow.
Sothog nods at Socius.
Darcena nods at Socius.
Speaking to Darcena, Zamnier asks, "How does one tear someone apart -- figuratively?"
Ragz says, "Many have found necklaces of great power in the last couple weeks."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Can they be located by some sort of means?"
Ragz nods sagely.
Talinvor whispers something to Gnarles.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Speaking quietly to herself, Naamit grumbles, "Well. Clearly there's no merchant here to help me with a special project.  What a waste of my time."
Speaking suspiciously to Socius, Darcena asks, "Why haven't you come to ask any of us who were there about the goings on?"
Naamit stands up.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "I would suggest you stay."
Darcena asks, "Have you only been relying on Ilsola's word?"
Maylan says, "There was nothing nefarious about that sea chest. As I recall it was filled with chocolate."
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir asks, "And what, pray tell, can these do... that you are focusing so strongly on this?"
Maylan waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.
Elysia thoughtfully says, ""I'm not sure we ever got him to admit what he kept in that chest."
Naamit cocks her head at Socius.
Misun glances at Naamit.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "What of the nature of these threats to use the artifacts?  Are they general ramblings at this point, or more specific?"
Ensayn scratches his head.
Speaking to Elysia, Ordim says, "Trade goods."
Ordim nods knowingly.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit snaps, "Suggestion is a dessert best served warm."
Nehor whispers something to Ysharra.
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem says, "Really chocolate?  It is probably all eaten by now."
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "Your assistance will be appreciated with these troubles."
Nehor glances at Naamit.
Ordim blinks at Naamit.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Naamit.
Speaking to Naamit, Ordim accuses, "You just made that up."
Ordim frowns.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Maylan says, "Or ruined by the sea. Not that that that would stop me from eating it."
Ysharra whispers something to Nehor.
Speaking to Naamit, Darcena admits, "I like warm dessert. Of a sort."
Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "No one says that."
Ordim furrows his brow.
Naamit slowly empties her lungs.
Naamit waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.
Darcena casually runs the tip of her tongue over the point of one of her razor-sharp fangs, somehow managing to appear both threatening and seductive at the same time.
Speaking amusedly to Naamit, Nehor suggests, "The food on the table is full of warm desserts, if you are feeling...pekish."
Meggiemae says, "Of melted."
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem exclaims, "Mmmm Chocolate Sea!"
Speaking flatly to Nehor, Naamit says, "I am not hungry."
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Naamit.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "So madman and some things, sounds troublin' indeed."
Darcena softly whispers aloud, "I am."
Speaking indifferently to Naamit, Nehor replies, "Ah."
Khobra squints.
Darcena helps herself to a rolton leg and stuffs it into a small pocket of her coat.... and then a few more.
Amalara scrubs her hand through her waist length raven black hair in frustration.
Louaryne glances anxiously around the area.

Socius Coerces Naamit

A pair of burly men grab Naamit, rifling through her belongings.  They retrieve something and hand it to Socius, then melt back into the crowd.
Ordim blinks.
Naamit inhales sharply, hissing through her teeth.
Sothog blinks.
Nehor glances at Naamit.
Meggiemae blinks.
Ordim glances nervously around the area.
Apsaras blinks.
Jahadeem peers quizzically at Naamit.
Talinvor gives a sidelong glance at Naamit.
Greng raises an eyebrow.
Ensayn grunts and shakes his head.
Amalara gasps.
Zamnier squints.
Elysia gazes in amusement at Naamit.
Misun glances at Naamit.
Sothog says, "Well, that was unexpected."
Ysharra gives a sidelong glance at Naamit.
Apsaras gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "You see... I will do whatever it takes to protect my town."
Naamit loudly snarls, "Give that back!"
Darcena squints at Naamit.
Eoghain says, "A little petty larceny never hurt anyone."
Eldanari stands up.
Naamit bellows a guttural series of oaths at Socius.
Speaking to Naamit, Maylan asks, "How come I never get that lucky?"
Socius taps a deep black bracelet of finely polished glaes, which is in his right hand.
Dracnoir glances between Socius and Naamit.
Eoghain snickers.
Ponclast perspires delicately.
Eldanari reaches over to the ridge wolf, gently running her fingers through the wolf's fur to check for burrs, twigs, and insects.
Nehor amusedly says, "Not hungry for food perhaps."
Nehor chuckles.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "Your cooperation is appreciated."
Speaking to Socius, Misun asks, "What is it?"
Talinvor grins.
Nehor nods at Ordim.
Ysharra smiles at Gnarles.
Maleisse studies Socius, giving him an intense consideration.
Naamit casts a warning glance at Socius.
Darcena cocks her head.
Zamnier mutters something about feeling.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "You will assist in the efforts to free the town from Nazhor.  If you do NOT do so, then expect to never see this again."
Speaking curiously to Naamit, Darcena asks, "Whatever -have- you been up to?"
Zamnier mutters something about Ta'Vaalor.
Eoghain begins chuckling at Socius!
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir asks, "A few of us have asked you now what these artifacts are...  Do you plan to ever answer?  Or are you just planning on having us all frisked and robbed?"
Misun shakes her head at Socius and clucks her tongue.
Meggiemae says, "Again, that sounds threatening."
Ysharra glances between Socius and Naamit.
Speaking quietly to Dracnoir, Socius says, "In due time.  I had to prevent Naamit from making a mistake."
Amalara asks, "Blackmail then? Are times truely that desparate?"
Speaking to Socius, Naamit spits, "Blackmail is a fool's attempt at influence."
Gnarles nods to Ysharra in greeting.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "What mistake would that be?"
Yakushi just arrived.
Dracnoir raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.
Speaking to Dracnoir, Darcena says, "There's a pendant with water-life affinity. Very powerful. Formerly owned by Elspie."
Ysharra smiles at Gnarles.
Speaking to Dracnoir, Darcena says, "And then a chest that Mazorn was guarding. I have no idea what is inside of it."
Naamit glances at Socius and folds her arms over her chest.
Dracnoir nods at Darcena.
Greng says, "It's a good day for extortion."
Greng nods.
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Apsaras glances between Naamit and Socius.
Dracnoir bows to Darcena.
Speaking to Amalara, Elysia says, "Judging from Ilsola's reaction to him, it's his favorite pasttime."
Socius quietly asks, "Understand me clearly, all of you.  I will stop at NOTHING to ensure the safety of this town.  Do you understand?"
Raljein nods at Greng.
Gnarles nods at Socius.
Ordim nods understandingly at Socius.
Socius quietly says, "This is my home.  I will do what I must."
Gnarles says, "Loud and clear bub."
Khobra agrees with Socius.
Talinvor nods in agreement at Nehor.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Speaking calmly to Socius, Nehor agrees, "Determination is to be commended."
Zamnier says, "Looks like the town just traded one thief for another."
Speaking to Socius, Misun says, "I understand that feeling."
Brewyte says, "Including thugery."
Khobra squints at Naamit.
Naamit glowers.

Socius Explains the Threat

Speaking curiously to Socius, Darcena asks, "What is the threat?"
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Dracnoir takes a bite of his mint-garnished lamb.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "So, it's as bad as that?"
Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "Glad I don't wear anything like that."
Yakushi just went north.
Dracnoir gobbles down his mint-garnished lamb in one enormous bite.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Speaking to Naamit, Eoghain asks, "Was that a powerful artifact as well?"
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "I will hold onto this for you, and keep it safe.  You may reclaim it after you assist us."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "How exactly do you believe the town is in trouble.  What do you think will happen?"
Socius put a deep black bracelet of finely polished glaes in his leather pouch.
Dracnoir twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.
Pukk blinks.
Jahadeem quietly says, "Hmmm."
Socius quietly says, "Now then."
Zamnier says, "It's all rumors and posturing."
Speaking seriously to Socius, Naamit vows, "Break it and you will suffer."
Louaryne softly says, "Absolutes usually don't work out."
Naamit pounds one of her fists into the other, then shakes her head contemptuously.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "Likely does already."
Meggiemae says, "Interesting way to bargain for assistance."
Darcena looks at Naamit and breaks into a devilish grin.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "It will be held quite safe, and returned to you without any harm whatsoever."
Speaking briskly to Ysharra, Naamit mouths, "Good."
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Socius quietly says, "To answer the questions, then:"
Talinvor fastens the blackened silver filigree clasps on his silver-buckled longcoat, protecting himself from the rainstorm.
Maylan pulls a fold of fabric on her puma hide toqua up over the lower portion of her face, gaining coverage from the rainfall.
Apsaras cocks her head at Socius.
Talinvor tugs on the deep cross-layered hood with a low tapered brim of his silver-buckled longcoat, allowing it to shadow his face.
Sothog leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.
Sothog turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Dracnoir softly says, "Yes... you aren't the slightest bit suspicious looking..."
Socius quietly says, "Nazhor has threatened to cause chaos, and unbalance.  He has shown no hesitation to kill to achieve his means."
Nehor nods understandingly at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "The lad has a nice smile though, you must admit."
Socius quietly says, "He has beguiled many, and there is some foolish talk about mind control floating around."
Darcena murmurs, "Well, I haven't actually heard him threaten to cause unbalance."
Ysharra ponders.
Apsaras raises an eyebrow.
Ordim frowns.
Speaking to Darcena, Ordim says, "You should be safe then."
Ordim nods knowingly.
Darcena squints at Ordim.
Ordim squints at Darcena.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "So you do not believe in mind control?"
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Out of curiosity, how do you know you aren't mind controlled, yourself?"
Elysia peers quizzically at Socius.
Avawren shifts her weight.
Socius quietly says, "There are a few that are known to have been influenced by this man.  The First Sergeant of this town, the pawnshop owner, and a merchant by the name of Penre."
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Darcena gazes in wonder at Elysia.
Ordim frets.
Sothog nods at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "I have resources at my disposal that prevent such a thing."
Speaking to Elysia, Raljein asks, "What if -you're- being mind controlled?"
Maleisse turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Amalara looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Elysia gazes with interest at Socius.
Speaking frankly to Socius, Eoghain asks, "Well how attractive is he?"
Darcena squints at Socius.
Darcena snickers at Eoghain.
Ysharra glances at Nehor.
Talinvor takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.
Eoghain says, "You can't blame some for being influenced if he's not bad on the eyes."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "I would like to hear more about your ability to prevent yourself from being mind controlled."
Eoghain examines his fingernails.
Zamnier nods at Eoghain.
Speaking to Eoghain, Darcena says, "We can barely see him because he keeps his face hidden."
Ordim looks thoughtfully at Jahadeem.
Naamit whispers something to Elysia.
Nehor folds his arms over his chest.
Naamit grumbles to herself.
Speaking frankly to Eoghain, Darcena says, "Body's not half bad, though."
Speaking to Eoghain, Zamnier says, "Or if he has silvers."
Speaking to Darcena, Eoghain asks, "Oh, a double-bagger?"
Eoghain waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.
Eoghain begins chortling at Darcena.
Eoghain mutters something about butter.

Socius Makes an Announcement: Reward for Penre

Socius quietly says, "For my first announcement... I would like to put a bounty on the merchant Penre.  I have spoken with the Sergeant, and with Cendadric, and gotten their stories.  I need Penre's."
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir says, "One must wonder what the very suspicious masked figure who wandered in a minute or two ago, and then suddenly disappeared, is going to do..."
Sothog nods at Socius.
Socius quietly says, "Any who bring me him, alive, will receive 250,000 silvers from my pocket."
Talinvor asks, "That's all?"
Ensayn nods slowly.
Speaking to Socius, Eoghain asks, "That's it?"
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "How much for dead?"
Eoghain grins at Talinvor.
Ponclast chuckles.
Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim says, "Thats good muffin money."
Ordim frowns at Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "Not a single coin.  I need information from him."
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Speaking to Socius, Eoghain asks, "Can we have Naamit's item if we bring him in alive?"
Naamit stares at Eoghain.
Deyoni softly asks, "What does he look like?"
Naamit incredulously mouths, "We."
Speaking quietly to Eoghain, Socius says, "Absolutely not.  The item is hers and hers alone, and will be held with the highest care."
Darcena grins mischievously at Eoghain.
Nehor nods at Deyoni.
Amalara chuckles to herself.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Where was he last seen?"
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "I think he enjoys watching you get all het up, but sure, we can call it wit."
Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, "His freedom is cheaply bought, then."
Maylan tries to puff her pipe with little success.
Socius bows slightly to Naamit.
Speaking to Socius, Eoghain says, "You did say you would do *anything*."
Maylan idly gnaws on the stem of the koa pipe in her mouth.
Ysharra gives Nehor a little prod between the shoulder blades.
Misun glances around the area.
Darcena begins chortling at Eoghain.
Naamit purses her lips, the glaes ring within them appearing a bit more prominent.
Speaking to Deyoni, Nehor agrees, "I too would like a proper description of this...Penre was it? Yes."
Speaking to Socius, Eoghain asks, "Are you now contradicting yourself?"
Ysharra nods at Nehor.
Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.
Dracnoir gives Khobra a lingering kiss on the forehead.
Elysia gazes at Naamit.
Nehor smirks at Ysharra.
Deyoni furrows her brow.
Eoghain says, "This is why no one trusts humans."
Eoghain mutters under his breath.
Nehor glances at Eoghain.
Speaking quietly to Eoghain, Socius says, "I will not go back on my word, and she was assured that her item was safe."
Khobra smiles at Dracnoir.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "And this Penre goin' be fine just comin' with us if we ask?  And what's he look like?"
Schultz asks, "Must he be brough to you?"
Khobra leans softly against Dracnoir.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "Your stoicism is grating."
Meggiemae asks, "Since Penre is a merchant, can we have some work done before we turn him in?"
Meggiemae ponders.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Where was Penre last seen?"
Eoghain says, "So there are limits."
Ponclast agrees with Meggiemae.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "Theatrics waste time."
Nehor blinks.
Speaking softly in Dark Elven to Eoghain, Dracnoir says something you don't understand.
Deyoni takes a moment to observe Nehor.
Darcena mutters, "Boring."
Naamit simpers at Socius and lets out a flirty laugh.
Dracnoir shakes his head.
Speaking quietly to Meggiemae, Jahadeem says, "Maybe we can force Penre to do all the work for free."
Brewyte begins chuckling at Meggiemae!
Speaking offendedly to Socius, Nehor scolds, "Theatrics are NEVER a waste sir!"
Eoghain grins at Dracnoir.
Nehor sniffs.
Naamit draws her hands together in a slow, deliberate clap.
Nehor folds his arms over his chest with an air of superiority.
Ysharra chuckles to herself.
Talinvor begins chuckling at Nehor!
Ordim cocks his head.

A Second Announcement: Re-Opening the Militia

Socius quietly says, "Secondly, I shall be reinstating the Mist Harbor Militia."
Meggiemae turns to Jahadeem and cheers!
Darcena gazes with interest at Socius.
Khobra whispers something to Dracnoir.
Dannia rubs her black opal choker, causing darkness to stream across its surface briefly.
Zamnier rolls his eyes.
Avawren raises an eyebrow.
Khobra smiles at Socius.
Speaking wryly to Nehor, Talinvor asks, "Such as that retort, neh?"
Khobra rubs her Harbor militia badge.
Speaking slowly to herself, Darcena mutters, "I wonder how many militias I can join."
Deyoni softly says, "There goes the neighborhood."
Ordim says, "Misty Militia's make many men mad, missing more merriment."
Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.
Avawren quietly says, "Rather a good idea."
Khobra glances at Deyoni.
Dracnoir nods at Khobra.
Ysharra gives a sidelong glance at Ordim.
Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Darcena nods slowly at Ordim.
Khobra agrees with Avawren.
Amalara tilts her head toward Socius, examining him intently as the tip of one ear twitches briefly.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "As a citizen of the Landing and part of the Landing Militia I would like to know if I can offer my assistance to this reinstated militia."
Socius quietly says, "There are some who have been members in the past, and their service will be called on to continue."
Nehor dryly asks, "Oh good. A possible man able to control the minds of the citizens of the town, and we wish to arm more of them. What could possible go wrong?"
Darcena flashes a quick grin at Nehor.
Iian says, "This seems such a pleasant isle to require a militia."
Socius quietly says, "Those who participate in other militias are free to assist Mist Harbor, as well."
Misun ponders.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "Chaos, I think he warned about."
Speaking mischievously to Nehor, Darcena says, "It sounds like so much fun."
Speaking amusedly to Nehor, Talinvor says, "Seems familiar."
Sothog nods at Socius.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Nehor rolls his eyes.
Nehor grumbles.
Speaking in Dhe'narsi to Talinvor, Eoghain asks something you don't understand.
Speaking skeptically to Socius, Maylan asks, "Whas it pay?"
Spoetzel shakes his head.
Speaking in Dhe'narsi to Eoghain, Talinvor says something you don't understand.

Visions

Elysia's eyes go glassy, and she sways on her feet for a long moment, then her eyes suddenly go wide, and she flinches back in alarm, though nothing can be seen.  After a moment, Elysia draws a shaky breath and looks around, slightly confused.
Speaking to Maylan, Khobra says, "Free booze."
Eoghain nods at Talinvor.
Naamit nods knowingly at Elysia.
Speaking to Khobra, Maylan says, "There's free booze right here. I'm no boob."
Speaking incredulously to Socius, Zamnier says, "I could offer my sword, for a price."
Maylan points at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte says, "Does one have to belong to a militia to help?  Just curious."
Elysia sighs.
Eoghain rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Ordim giggles at Maylan.
Elysia grins at Naamit.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "Have you met this Nehzor before?"
Avawren gives a sidelong glance at Elysia.
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Speaking quietly to Brewyte, Socius says, "Not at all.  So long as you help, you have my appreciation."
Speaking playfully to Maylan, Khobra counters, "Here only for the moment."
Speaking in Dhe'narsi to Eoghain, Talinvor says something you don't understand.
Naamit glances at Ysharra.
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir asks, "I have... an important question...  Are there any signs to watch for regarding those that have been mind controlled?"
Maylan glances around confusedly once, then again.  Then she suddenly claps her hands to her ears and screams in pain!  The scream lasts for a beat or two, then stops as suddenly as it began.  Maylan looks around, wide-eyed and shaken, but saying nothing.
Socius blinks at Maylan.
Eoghain agrees with Talinvor.
Speaking seriously to Dracnoir, Darcena says, "They will have demeanor changes."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "More importantly... I would still like to know where Penre was last seen?"
Speaking to Dracnoir, Sothog says, "Ah, a very good question."
Ysharra gazes with interest at Naamit.
Darcena says, "One second they will be talking to you and acting very cold."
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte says, "Well, much like yerself, I do have a vested interest here."
Apsaras glances around the area.
Zamnier peers quizzically at Darcena.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, ""appreciation" sounds like a code word for not paying a single silver."
Dracnoir nods at Darcena.
Darcena says, "The next, they will stare off into space..."
Naamit paces to her left, moving in a circle around Ysharra.
Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Naamit gently rests her hand on Ysharra's shoulder.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "I haven't a clue.  I will be searching as well."
Darcena says, "And then they will shudder or relax and suddenly they don't remember anything that happened before."
Elysia says, "Honestly, I really would prefer the coward to come visit in person, rather than send visions to frighten children."
Ordim surveys the area.
Darcena mutters, "It's very disconcerting."
Ensayn searches around for a moment.
Speaking to Darcena, Sothog says, "Important to know.  Thank you."
Naamit whispers something to Ysharra.
Speaking to himself, Ordim asks, "If I was a Penre, where would I hide?"
Deyoni softly asks, "So we still do not know what he looks like?"
(Khobra goes to answer Jahadeem but remains silent.)
Ordim furrows his brow.
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem says, "Maybe there will be more tables with food and drink in Gardenia Commons."
Ordim stares off into space.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Talinvor begins chuckling at Ordim!
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Brewyte says, "He be a merchant, think like a scared merchant, or rather one wanting to reclaim what was taken from him."
Apsaras asks, "And what's this Penre person ye are seekin' look like?"
Speaking helpfully to Deyoni, Darcena says, "Well, he's about so high..."
Iian asks, "You said he is a merchant, what does he sell?"
Socius quietly says, "Penre is a very ragged-looking individual.  Grubby, and given to wearing a floor-length brown robe."
Dracnoir agrees with Jahadeem.
Deyoni softly asks, "Can I hire a gnome to claim to be Penre the merchant and collect ?"
(Darcena holds out her hand near her shoulders.)
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Naamit looks at Ysharra and hums.
Darcena says, "He also has a very toothy grin."
Darcena says, "Hard to miss."
Speaking to himself, Eoghain says, "Sounds like every other dirty human..."
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Darcena says, "Oh. Penre."
Zamnier ponders.
Louaryne says, "That doesn't narrow it down much."
Misun folds her arms over her chest.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "Thank ye."
Brewyte says, "Seedy taverns."
Nehor coldly says, "Grubby...can you be more specific? That describes most of this crowd."
Darcena says, "Penre is a mess."
Nehor surveys the area.
Louaryne gives a sidelong glance at Eoghain.
Dracnoir agrees with Eoghain.
Nehor sneers.
Misun gives a sidelong glance at Eoghain.
Ordim blinks at Nehor.
Zamnier smirks at Nehor.
Ponclast preens.
Speaking to Nehor, Ordim confirms, "Like hands... grubby."
Speaking to Nehor, Sothog says, "Grubbier than usual."
Brewyte says, "The shadows."
Sothog stares off into space.
Ordim curls his hands into a mimicry of lobster claws, pinching at the empty air around him and making clicking sounds with his tongue.
Misun furrows her brow.
Deyoni giggles at Nehor.
Nehor unconvincingly murmurs, "Mmm."
Deyoni clasps her hand over her mouth.
(Ensayn tries to wipe off some of the dirt on his face.)
Speaking to Dracnoir, Khobra remarks, "I vant to knov anzver to your queztion."
Khobra glances at Socius.
Khobra glances to one side, then freezes, her eyes growing wide as she begins to perspire.  After a moment, she gasps and flinches forward, then turns to stare wild-eyed, though nothing can be seen.
Brewyte says, "My guess?"
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Khobra clutches her head, her eyes pleading for relief.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Is it believed that Penre is still in Mist Harbor?"
Brewyte points west.
Avawren gives a sidelong glance at Khobra.
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Talinvor peers quizzically at Khobra.
Maylan wildly swats at the air around her, nearly knocking herself in the head.
Ysharra raises an eyebrow in Naamit's direction.
Deyoni glances west.
Talinvor glances around the area.
Sothog glances around the area.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "He was last seen here, last that I was informed."
Sothog blinks at Maylan.
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Maylan.
Maleisse looks intensely uncomfortable for a moment.
Darcena says, "Penre is a human. Short compared to me."
Meggiemae helps herself to a breast of wine-soaked chicken.
Eoghain curls his lip at Maylan, his face contorting in a disdainful smirk.
Zamnier nods at Socius.
Khobra asks, "No vne elze zhow that?"
Socius quietly asks, "As far as what the militia will be doing?"
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Do we have any known associates?"
Speaking to Socius, Amalara asks, "Do you know rather he had the means to leave?"
Darcena says, "He's got white eyes. Oily black hair."
Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Naamit.
Darcena says, "Broken nose."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Sorry, Does he have any known associates?"
Darcena says, "Scar on his neck."
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Darcena says, "And he has this distinctive tattoo."
Speaking to Khobra, Avawren says, "We only saw you have a panic attack."
Khobra says, "No."
Darcena says, "Inked blood red droplet. On his neck."
Socius quietly says, "All I require is that you stand ready.  I for one remain completely convinced that Nazhor is up to no good, and poses a severe threat to this town.  I will not allow him to succeed."
Speaking softly to Khobra, Dracnoir says, "No, Little Serpent.  We did not."
Louaryne nods slowly.
Khobra seriously says, "Vaz zomething else."
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "The only one reported is Nazhor himself."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "What can Nazhor do with these artifacts?"
Misun says, "Well, what are we all just standing around here for."
Iian asks, "What wares does this Penre specialize in?"
Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Naamit.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim corrects, "Artirelics."
Avawren grimaces slightly for no apparent reason, then puts a hand to her head, wavering slightly.  After a moment, her other hand claps to her head as well, and she sinks to her knees, mouth stretched open in a scream, though no sound can be heard!  When she appears to run out of breath, she goes very still, then slumps to the ground.
Speaking coolly to Misun, Nehor informs, "We're standing ready, I suppose."
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte asks, "Does this Nazhor have some claim here?"
Socius blinks at Avawren.
Naamit grumbles to herself.
Zamnier glances at Avawren.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Darcena, zav zomething."
Darcena glances at Avawren.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Maleisse looks at Avawren with concern.
Sothog asks, "Is there any arrest procedure we should be aware of?"
Darcena worriedly asks, "Wren?"
(Maylan nudges Avawren with her mopleg.)
Ensayn scratches his head.
Avawren growls ferociously!
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Speaking to Avawren, Ordim says, "Spicey."
Ordim frowns.
Khobra says, "Juzt nov... vhen all zpeaking. No panic attack."
Speaking begrudgingly to Socius, Naamit says, "Fine, I will stand here until what is rightfully mine is returned."
Darcena rubs Avawren.
Darcena blinks at Khobra.
Ponclast softly says, "If he's just a merchant, he can't be that hard to overcome."
Speaking to Sothog, Amalara says, "Sleep him , tie him and haul him in. Simple really."
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena asks, "What did you see?"
Khobra squints at Socius.
Ysharra strokes the raven.
Sothog nods at Amalara.
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "That was ... unpleasant."
Elysia examines her fingernails.
Speaking to Amalara, Sothog says, "Simple enough."
Avawren violently shakes her head in the negative, causing several strands of long hair to fall free from its bindings.
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena asks, "Are you okay?"
Maylan offers Avawren a shot of well-aged whiskey.
Darcena touches Avawren.
Avawren accepts Maylan's well-aged whiskey.
Talinvor begins chuckling at Amalara!
Avawren nods at Maylan.
Nehor says, "As long as he is alive, I do not think it will matter what manner he is returned in."
Speaking to Avawren, Nazarr asks, "What happened?"
Ysharra shakes her head at a ruffled raven.
Speaking to Sothog, Amalara corrects, "N theory anyway."
Khobra distantly answers, "A zcarlet-clad figure entering the area.."
Sothog begins chuckling at Amalara!
Amalara glances around confusedly once, then again.  Then she suddenly claps her hands to her ears and screams in pain!  The scream lasts for a beat or two, then stops as suddenly as it began.  Amalara looks around, wide-eyed and shaken, but saying nothing.
Darcena blinks at Amalara.
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Amalara.
Amalara's concentration shifts and becomes more focused as she slightly tilts an ear in a particular direction.
Zamnier peers quizzically at Amalara.
Speaking to Amalara, Darcena asks, "What is it?"
Talinvor tries to pull Amalara towards him.
Maleisse studies Amalara, giving her an intense consideration.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "What is going on?"
Avawren says, "I'm not sure ... a very intense headache, and I couldn't hear anything. And a voice ...saying something? I couldn't understand it."
Speaking begrudgingly to Socius, Naamit grumbles, "Fine, you have my ear and arm until I get what is rightfully mine returned."
Avawren shakes her head.
Naamit folds her arms tightly across her chest, clearly annoyed.
Ordim cocks his head at Avawren.
Zamnier glances askance around the area.
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena asks, "Did it sound like a language you know?"
Darcena peers quizzically at Avawren.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Iz intenze, can ztill zee it. But. Zo loud here."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius asks, "I have not a clue.  Is this similar to what happened before?"
Darcena nods slowly at Khobra.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "No."
Amalara asks, "You did not all just hear that?"
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "Your assistance is appreciated."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "I have not seen it quite like this before."
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "Hardly even a language, just a rumble in the form of words."
Apsaras cocks her head at Darcena.
Speaking to Amalara, Darcena says, "I didn't hear anything."
Speaking quietly to Amalara, Jahadeem says, "Not I."
Darcena inclines her ear, listening intently.
Speaking softly to Avawren, Maleisse says, "Can you stand? Here, let me help you."
Ordim examines Avawren closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte says, "I will ask again, does this Nazhor have some claim here?"
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena repeats, "A rumble."
Iian says, "Perhaps some tkaro would help with the headache."
Darcena asks, "Like thunder?"
Misun folds her arms, grasping her shoulders.
(Maleisse extends a hand to Avawren.)
Naamit grins wearily.
Sothog says, "Nor I, this time.  But there have been sendings before...."
Speaking to Avawren, Nehor declares, "A mishmash of unintelligble common?"
(Avawren blinks, as if just realizing that she's fallen over.)
Avawren sits up.
Speaking quietly to Brewyte, Socius says, "He has none, so far as I am aware."
Nehor glances at Khobra.
Amalara exclaims, "A panicked scream, sounded like... "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE!!"
Darcena offers Avawren a tkaro root.
Nehor narrows his eyes.
Socius blinks at Amalara.
Darcena blinks at Amalara.
Elysia says, "Just a reminder... tormenting folk with visions is a bit of a cowardly thing.  If he could actually hurt you, he'd be here doing so."
Talinvor takes a bite of his thin bacon slices.
Avawren nods graciously at Maleisse.
Avawren stands up.
Jahadeem quietly says, "I still would liek to know what Nazhor can do with these artifacts."
Brewyte nods at Socius.
Darcena honestly says, "I don't hear anything at all."
Darcena sniffs.
Eoghain shifts his eyes to Talinvor.
Eoghain asks, "There's bacon?"
Avawren accepts Darcena's tkaro root.
Talinvor nods at Eoghain.
Eoghain glances at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Khobra whispers to the group, "Can explain juzt need a moment. Vhile you all queztion ztranger."
Maleisse smiles at Avawren.
Speaking confusedly to Amalara, Maylan says, "That...yes I did hear that."
Avawren quietly says, "Thank you."
Maylan asks, "I think?"
Darcena nods slowly at Khobra.
Maylan works her fingers under her death mask and scratches her head.
Speaking in Dhe'narsi to Eoghain, Talinvor says something you don't understand.
Avawren takes a bite of her tkaro root.
Avawren gets a more relaxed look on her face.
Khobra squints at Socius.
Avawren offers Darcena a tkaro root.
Eoghain nods.
Darcena accepts Avawren's tkaro root.
Darcena tucks a tkaro root into a small pocket inside of her black leather coat.
Avawren dusts herself off.
Naamit grins wryly at Elysia.
Maleisse gives her hair a small tug.  Odd.
Darcena asks, "Did it sound like anyone we know?"
Darcena cocks her head.
Brewyte turns to face Socius.
Amalara exclaims, "What is "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE!!"
Amalara peers quizzically at Khobra.
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena asks, "You've been exploring, yes?"
Speaking to Amalara, Maylan asks, "I thought the scream was coming from inside my head, as is normal. But you heard it too?"
Ordim blinks at Amalara.
Speaking to Amalara, Ordim says, "Bless you."
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena asks, "Is there a temple around here?"
Maleisse looks over at Avawren and shakes her head.
Amalara nods at Maylan.
Nehor smirks.
Avawren furrows her brow.
Naamit begins chortling at Elysia.
Louaryne says, "A garbled mess."
Eoghain asks, "What was the human we're hunting named again?"
Nehor nods once at Ordim.
A ripple streaks across the sky overhead, and the ground answers with a quiet rumble.  In the distance, a popping sound can be heard.
Eoghain shifts his eyes to Nehor.
Nehor gazes up into the heavens.
Speaking to Amalara, Zamnier says, "Sounds like dwarven, but I'm no language expert."
Darcena blinks.
Khiya tilts her head up.
Ordim glances west.
Apsaras says, "Penre."
Ensayn stares upward.
Amalara winces.
Ysharra says, "That sounds off."
Elysia gazes up into the heavens.
Dracnoir blinks.
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren asks, "In the jungles you mean?"
Socius glances up.
Ponclast softly exclaims, "Meteors!"
Jahadeem quietly says, "I just saw something streak overhead."
Khobra whispers to the group, "Itz featurez are indistinct at bezt, but itz pozture and gait are... wrong."
Sothog says, "Sounds like another sending, yet something was definately lost in translation there."
Darcena nods at Avawren.
Zamnier gazes up into the heavens.
Khobra furrows her brow, her face tensed in some inner conflict.
Jahadeem quietly says, "And a popping sound."
Naamit whispers something to Ysharra.
Sothog asks, "Perhaps something has gone wrong...?"
Ysharra nods at Naamit.
Dracnoir softly asks, "Anybody else see the ripple through the sky?"
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "We would hear things before. Whispers. Warning us of.. the Scion."
Raljein nods at Dracnoir.
Jahadeem quietly says, "Yes."
Sothog nods at Dracnoir.
Ordim gazes up into the heavens.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "And we would hear Elspie at times."
Nazarr nods at Dracnoir.
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "No, though I had to pause my explorations when the rains started. I was stuck for nearly two hours with my raft in the reeds."
Ordim seriously says, "Stars are falling again."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "And see a grinning face."
Ordim frowns.
Sothog says, "Yes, and the pop afterwards."
Ysharra grins slowly at Naamit.
Zamnier nods at Dracnoir.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius asks, "What is a Scion?"
Naamit flashes a quick grin at Ysharra.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "But never this."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "I do not know."
Speaking pointedly to Socius, Darcena asks, "Do you?"
Amalara asks, "Maybe it was just jumbled?"
Speaking to Socius, Brewyte asks, "So, those that you questioned, so far, seemed to know him, and of course the husband of the new arrival that was killed, and her capture seemed to have something to do with it, has she been questioned? I know she has left the Isle til this is resolved, is this why you have come?"
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I have no idea."
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "The Masque attendees were very surprised."
Ysharra nods at Naamit.
Nehor distantly says, "The heavens quailed, the earth replied, and those who listened...wept and cried."
Nehor shivers.
Speaking slowly to Ysharra, Naamit mouths, "Perfect."
Ysharra glances at Nehor.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "Sounded like half a stanza."

A Creeping Miasma

Jahadeem quietly says, "I want to know where that popping sound came from."
Sothog glances at a creeping miasma.
Ysharra glances at a creeping miasma.
Apsaras glances at a creeping miasma.
A creeping miasma heads east.
Khobra whispers to the group, "One Zhoulder of the vaguely humanoid form iz higher than the other, and it proceedz forward with a zevere, painful-looking limp. Itz progrezz is zlow, and I look around to zee if anyone else haz zeen it. And you all did not..."
Ysharra says, "I think we're about to find out."
Ensayn blinks.
Sothog says, "Well, bugger."
Zamnier ponders.
Eoghain says, "Someone has gas."
Socius quietly asks, "What is that?"
Naamit glances east.
Mistress Naamit purposefully strides away moving east.
Socius growls ferociously!
Raljein says, "A haze of decay."
Socius just went east.
Nehor shivers.
Sothog says, "Decidedly not normal."

Lady Darcena strides away chasing the miasma, her group following close behind.

Ordim blinks.
Ysharra says, "It looks like a slick of oil."

[Cobblestone Path]
Cobblestones painted in varying shades of blue and purple line the path, while the edges of the sidewalks are trimmed in gold.  Long, trailing ribbons of the same colors billow about the tall wrought iron lampposts spaced evenly up and down the sidewalks.  A variety of cottages blend together in the backdrop, but one stands out from the rest because of the bamboo arbor built over its door.  Winding a sinuous trail behind the dwelling, a stony path leads to a flower-laden garden behind the structure.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a creeping miasma.
Also here: Lord Iian, Amalara, Lady Avawren, Great Lord Nehor, Khobra, Ponclast, High Lord Talinvor, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Great Lord Nazarr, Apsaras, Lord Dracnoir, Historian Khylynnia, Ysharra, Great Lord Jahadeem, Scribe Louaryne, Lady Darcena, Socius, Mistress Naamit
Obvious paths: east, west

A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
A creeping miasma looks a little dubious about its situation!
A creeping miasma heads west.

Lady Darcena strides away moving west, her group following close behind.
[Gardenia Lane and Rose Avenue]
The cobblestone path becomes more narrow here, while the sidewalk expands to compensate for the increased number of shops and tables that surround the outskirts of the bazaar.  A tidy brownstone dwelling is framed by alternating silver and gold banners, trimmed in cool pastel shades, that billow in the breeze.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a creeping miasma.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Nehor fearfully exclaims, "Why are we heading TOWARDS that thing?!"
Socius glares at a creeping miasma.
Nehor cowers.

[Honeysuckle and Rose Avenue]
The bank stands tall and proud in the distance, casting the smaller cottages that line the corner of Honeysuckle Avenue and Rose Avenue in shadows.  An empty lot just before the corner of the street has been left vacant, and over the years it has become a gathering place for the moderately infamous and less desirable citizens of the town.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a creeping miasma and a wood and wrought iron barrel.
Also here: Lord Iian, Amalara, Lady Avawren, Great Lord Nehor, Khobra, Ponclast, High Lord Talinvor, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Great Lord Nazarr, Apsaras, Lord Dracnoir, Historian Khylynnia, Ysharra, Great Lord Jahadeem, Scribe Louaryne, Lady Darcena, Socius
Obvious paths: north, south, west
Ordim waves to the miasma.

Khobra sways back and forth.
Sothog says, "A scion is a decendant of someone."
Apsaras asks, "What's that thing?"

A quick flick of Socius's wrist sends a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade into flight!
Socius throws an eonake dagger at a creeping miasma!
  AS: +248 vs DS: +148 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +47 = +172
   ... and hits for 27 points of damage!
The eonake dagger ricochets away from a creeping miasma, landing nearby.

A creeping miasma gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
A creeping miasma gestures mystically!
A dull golden nimbus surrounds a creeping miasma.

Ordim frowns.
Darcena glances at Socius.
Nehor whines, "We should be heading away! Where is the militia?!"

Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.

Sothog traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Sothog gestures at a creeping miasma.
The dull golden nimbus surrounding a creeping miasma suddenly begins to glow brightly.
  CS: +297 - TD: +139 + CvA: +25 + d100: +28 == +211
  Warding failed!
  Massive internal disruption for 65 points of damage!
   ... 20 points of damage!
A creeping miasma gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Khobra cringes.

A quick flick of Socius's wrist sends a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade into flight!
Socius throws an eonake dagger at a creeping miasma!
  AS: +248 vs DS: +141 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +94 = +226
   ... and hits for 57 points of damage!
The eonake dagger is deflected to one side, sailing to the ground.

Darcena casually flicks her hand, tendrils of sanguine thread appearing and then wrapping tightly around it before they fade away.
Darcena gestures at a creeping miasma.
  CS: +338 - TD: +134 + CvA: +25 + d100: +57 == +286
  Warding failed!
A creeping miasma suddenly stops all movement.

Raljein's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...
Raljein channels at a creeping miasma.
Raljein hurls a stream of fire at a creeping miasma!
  AS: +109 vs DS: +68 with AvD: +55 + d100 roll: +75 = +171
  The creeping miasma scoffs at the heat!

Misun reaches out to kick the creeping miasma.
As soon as she makes contact with it she yelps in pain!

Raljein's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...
Raljein channels at a creeping miasma.
Raljein hurls a hissing stream of acid at a creeping miasma!
  AS: +109 vs DS: +68 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +17 = +98
   A clean miss.

Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.
A quick flick of Socius's wrist sends a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade into flight!
Socius throws an eonake dagger at a creeping miasma!
  AS: +248 vs DS: +86 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +33 = +220
   ... and hits for 42 points of damage!
Momentum carries a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade past a creeping miasma to land nearby.

The faint outlines of caliginous shadows flutter in and out of sight around Darcena as she raises her hands in an insistently beckoning manner.
Darcena channels at a creeping miasma.
The force of Darcena's power warps the air as it surges toward a creeping miasma!
  CS: +379 - TD: +134 + CvA: +25 + d100: +55 == +325
  Warding failed!
A nebulous haze shimmers into view around a creeping miasma, plunging inward to envelop its chest!
   ... 20 points of damage!
   ... 35 points of damage!
   ... 85 points of damage!
The creeping miasma collapses into a heap of quivering jelly.
A creeping miasma glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a creeping miasma.
The creeping miasma falls to the ground and dies.

Ordim glances down.
Darcena nods to the creeping miasma.
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Talinvor stares at a creeping miasma's lifeless body, apparently lost in thought.
Ordim prods the miasma with his toe.
Socius growls ferociously!
Nehor cautiously asks, "Is it...is it dead?"
Darcena prods the miasma with her toe.
Avawren stares at a creeping miasma's lifeless body, apparently lost in thought.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "It seems to be dead.  If it was alive to begin with."
Ordim giggles.
Raljein says, "As dead as gas can be."
Ponclast reaches out to search the creeping miasma.
As soon as he makes contact with it he yelps in pain!
A creeping miasma decays into compost.
Darcena says, "I seem to have killed it."
Darcena ponders.
Ordim says, "You belong in a vial."
Nehor blinks.
Ponclast softly says, "Ouch."
Khobra gazes dazedly at her surroundings.
Talinvor dusts off his hands.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem says, "I hope we didnt want it alive."
Darcena sniffs at Ponclast.
Talinvor rubs his black twill pants.
Socius quietly asks, "I take it these things are not common around here?"
Ordim glances at a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade.
Darcena looks over at Socius and shakes her head.
Khobra looks over at Socius and shakes her head.
Maleisse glances at Socius.
Socius grumbles.
Nehor tentatively says, "Well. Good. Yes. Just as I instructed. Luckily I was here to lead us all."
Nehor strikes a heroic pose.
Sothog asks, "Odd blobliike creature.  Perhaps a communal organism of some kind...?"
Speaking to Socius, Ysharra says, "Not in this part of the world, I don't think."
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Khylynnia says, "I want to study it."
Darcena nods at Ponclast.
Zamnier smirks at Nehor.
Apsaras says, "Never seen a thin' like that before."
Socius quietly says, "If anyone needed any further proof that we have a problem here, you just received it."
Speaking to Khylynnia, Ordim asks, "The gas?"
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Ordim nods in agreement at Khylynnia.
Ordim giggles.
Khylynnia nods at Ordim.
Darcena nods slowly at Socius.
Zamnier chuckles.
Speaking serenely to Socius, Khobra answers, "Indeed."
Misun agrees with Socius.
Speaking to Sothog, Ysharra says, "Reminds me of the molds that sometimes visit the Landing with other monsters."
Darcena asks, "Do you think it came from the pop?"
Ensayn furrows his brow.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "You should make more corporeal weaponry if you wish to vanquish beasts."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "So you tink that came from Nazhor."
Speaking to herself, Maylan asks, "I spose?"
Naamit folds her arms tightly across her chest, clearly annoyed.
Speaking to Sothog, Ysharra says, "Thankfully not as easy to ignite."
Ordim says, "I hope my Demon Arena isn't leaking."
Ordim frowns.
Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.
Zamnier says, "Seems like quick work was made of that so-called problem."
Socius quietly says, "Here is what we know, to the best of my knowledge."
Darcena begins chortling at Ordim.
Speaking to Socius, Nehor agrees, "A few problems, actually. A lack of proper appreciation for the theater, strange unwanted visions, a smelly populace AND these...things."
Ordim turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Maleisse tilts her head slightly, turning her attention to Socius.  She regards Socius in a measured fashion, collecting her thoughts.
Jahadeem turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Louaryne takes a moment to observe Socius.
Socius quietly says, "Nazhor has some sort of fascination with 'ripples'."
Speaking to Nehor, Ordim corrects, "They don't all stink."
Khylynnia leans on Roblar.
Roblar smiles at Darcena.
Maleisse looks intensely uncomfortable for a moment.
Darcena nods at Socius.
Sothog says, "Question is whether this was intentionally summoned or a byproduct of something else..."
Socius quietly says, "And there have been some who claim to have seen sucha  thing."
Deyoni softly asks, "What was these things?"
Darcena says, "I have seen ripples."
Darcena says, "In the air."
Zamnier squints at Socius.
Darcena says, "And in the water. When the ghost came to visit."
Socius quietly says, "What these ripples are, we have not a clue."
Zamnier squints at Darcena.
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor says, "Or water."
Socius blinks at Darcena.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "Dimensional ripples?"
Speaking airily to Ordim, Nehor retorts, "They may not have at the start, but odiousness...spreads."
Ordim blinks.
Avawren nods at Darcena.
Speaking to herself, Apsaras says, "Ripples?  This is all kinds of confusin'."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "What ghost?  That was not in my report."
Ordim nods slowly at Nehor.
(Maylan pokes her stomach, causing it to ripple.)
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena asks, "Are you okay?"
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir says, "Just saw a ripple in the sky, just before that... thing... showed up..."
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren reminds, "All wrong."
Maylan fully extends her wings, cautiously studying her surroundings.
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Sothog glances at Darcena.
Speaking to Darcena, Naamit says, "As have I."
Ysharra nods at Dracnoir.
Speaking shortly to Socius, Darcena snaps, "You didn't bother to talk to me."
Ordim says, "The D'wan rose used to cause ripples somewhat like that."
Ordim ponders.
Roblar glances around confusedly once, then again.  Then he suddenly claps his hands to his ears and screams in pain!  The scream lasts for a beat or two, then stops as suddenly as it began.  Roblar looks around, wide-eyed and shaken, but saying nothing.

[Editor's note: Roblar saw: A whisper reaches your ear, though it is muddled and indistinct at best.  Glancing around, you are unable to discern its source.  After a heartbeat, the noise returns, still somewhat garbled, but with increased volume.  Another cautious look around reveals nothing that might be causing the whispers.  Suddenly, you flinch back as a panicked scream sounds in your ear!  "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE!!"  As the echoes fade away, your ears ring loudly, but a quick look around reveals no sign that anyone else heard anything."]

Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor adds, "Maybe rifts."
Ordim exclaims, "Maybe its another lost airship!"
Khobra glances between Darcena and Socius.
Darcena says, "The water rippled near the dock when the ghost came to visit me."
Ordim nods enthusiastically!
Avawren stares at Ordim.
Speaking to Roblar, Sothog asks, "Another sending?"
Speaking to Darcena, Naamit says, "Like heat waves, that yield no warmth."
Speaking to Darcena, Nehor deadpans, "He didnt wish to speak to you? Oh my. What a surprise."
Darcena says, "And Avawren. She was there."
Sothog glances at Roblar.
Khylynnia begins chortling at Ordim.
Darcena nods at Naamit.
Dracnoir peers quizzically at Roblar.
Speaking to Ordim, Avawren asks, "The Dawn Rose, did?"
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Speaking to Avawren, Ordim confirms, "D'wan Rose."
Speaking to Naamit, Darcena says, "Yes. The ones in the air."
Ordim nods in agreement at Avawren.
Naamit nods once at Darcena.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra asks, "You know the dubious wisdom in debating with voices, don't you?"
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Speaking to Avawren, Ordim adds, "It traveled in time!"
Ordim giggles.
Ensayn stares upward.
Ysharra smiles at Nehor.
Ordim concludes, "Right into my pocket."
Ordim nods approvingly.
Roblar deeply asks, "Hmm?"
Ordim taps a knitted dark grey satchel that he is wearing.
Darcena says, "It makes me feel like I'm going to fall down."
Darcena asks, "You?"
Speaking to Nehor, Sothog says, "Sometimes the voices answer back."
Darcena peers quizzically at Naamit.
Sothog grins at Nehor.
Speaking to Ysharra, Nehor allows, "...A point."
Socius ponders.
Roblar nods slowly.
Deyoni scrubs her hand through her waist length platinum hair in frustration.
Amalara fidgets.
Naamit looks over at Darcena and shakes her head.
Nehor nods once at Sothog.
(Avawren closes her eyes and massages her temples briefly.)
Talinvor takes a drink from his spiced blood wine.
Darcena says, "I can show you where the ghost came from, Socius."
Socius glances at Avawren.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "I keep them handy.  You can be so blunt."
Speaking to Darcena, Naamit says, "You need to learn how to balance yourself better then."
Roblar deeply asks, "Ah, you didn't hear dat whisper?"
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius asks, "Are you quite alright?"
Roblar inclines his ear, listening intently.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Naamit.
Speaking to Naamit, Darcena admits, "Probably."
Naamit smirks.
Nazarr looks over at Roblar and shakes his head.
Avawren nods respectfully at Socius.
Ensayn looks over at Roblar and shakes his head.
Naamit turns to face Roblar.
Dracnoir looks over at Roblar and shakes his head.
Ysharra looks over at Roblar and shakes her head.
Ensayn grunts and shakes his head.
Speaking primly to Ysharra, Nehor corrects, "Simply a bastion of grace and order in this sea of..."
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Yes, thank you. I apologize, I have a bit of a headache."
Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.
Speaking smoothly to Roblar, Naamit says, "Well hello, my friend."
Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.
Amalara nods at Maylan.
Nehor disdainfully concludes, "...Other."
Roblar smiles at Naamit.
Socius nods once at Avawren.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "There's  a ghost in this too?  All sorts of troublin' here."
Jahadeem quietly asks, "So Nazhor likes playing with 'ripples'.  So do the artifacts he has aquired have anything to do with portals or rifts?"
Apsaras shakes her head.
Naamit makes a low, rumbling sound deep in her throat.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "Would you like me to show you the dock?"
Darcena cocks her head at Socius.
Roblar deeply says, "Me often ere whispers though when battlin all night."
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "Are bastions known for being graceful?  Interesting use of the metaphor."
Socius quietly says, "I have not a clue about any ghosts.  My family's report did not mention one."
Roblar chuckles.
Ysharra flashes a quick grin at Nehor.
Socius mutters about Ilsola.
Roblar grins maniacally!
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "That would be most agreeable.  Thank you."
Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Darcena nods.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "You say Nazhor likes playing with 'ripples'.  Do we know if the artifacts he has aquired have anything to do with portals or rifts?"
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Who count themselves amongst your family?"
Speaking to Ysharra, Nehor agrees, "I am nothing if not interesting, yes."
Darcena says, "Join me, all."
Elysia peers quizzically at Socius.
Nehor smirks.
Lightning streaks down from the sky, crackling and charging the air.
Darcena seems to be waiting for something.
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "My father and I are all that is left."
Elysia nods at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "Any old location in Mist Harbor that has a specific history of tragic events over the years?"
Darcena gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
Maylan says, "Couldn't we simply give him something more fun to play with? Ripples sound boring."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "Cendadric was excommunicated long ago."
Speaking quietly to Nehor, Khylynnia says, "The answer to that question is a resounding NO."
Naamit offhandedly says, "Ghosts and presence of spirit are unique phenonemon.  One needs not be undead to pass through the pale."
Speaking to Sothog, Ordim says, "The cobbling warehouse."
Ordim nods knowingly.
Speaking coolly to Darcena, Nehor commands, "Yes yes, lead on, minion. Take us...wherever you are taking us."
Maylan says, "Perhaps the lad just needs a good rubber ball."
Ordim sighs.
Nehor nods in agreement.
Ordim says, "Many a shoe ruined."
Ordim frowns.
Nehor glances at Khylynnia.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "True.  Though it helped, as I recall."
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem says, "Maybe he needs a pirate."

A Question of a Closed Walkway

[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Flanked by water on three sides, the peninsula ends in a small wall designed to be a breakwater and intended to stop the erosion of the beach.  Loud and persistent, the surf crashes across the sun-kissed sands.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a large peach and pink beach umbrella and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: northwest

Ordim glances at a large peach and pink beach umbrella.
Nehor takes a drink from his cold golden ale.
Nehor looks rather relaxed.
Darcena frowns at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "So... your report information came only from your father?"
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren asks, "Still closed?"
Nehor complains, "All this walking in this wet is soiling my clothing!"
Nehor grumbles.
Ponclast softly asks, "Beach party?"
Speaking slowly to Avawren, Darcena says, "It appears so."
Zamnier smirks at Nehor.
Sothog searches around for a moment.
Speaking to Ysharra, Naamit reminds, "You will recall what happened to both parties. The undead of the two is no longer with us."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "It came from a report prepared by Ilsola and delivered to my father."
Avawren nods slowly at Darcena.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "How do you know your father was not mind controlled?"
Naamit glances away.
Naamit furrows her brow, her face tensed in some inner conflict.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius asks, "Is this the dock you mentioned?"
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "The dock is just down that walkway."
Darcena points at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Socius raises an eyebrow.
Ordim takes a deep breath.
Ordim nods approvingly.
Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.
Ordim says, "Smells like Solhaven."
Ordim beams!
Socius quietly asks, "It appears to be closed.  Does anyone know why this is?"
Ensayn casually observes his surroundings.
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Jahadeem asks, "Do they bottle that smell?"
Darcena says, "Well, Avawren and I were there."
Darcena says, "On the dock."
Darcena says, "When the ghost appeared."
Avawren nods at Darcena.
Socius turns an inquisitive ear toward Darcena.
Darcena says, "She was screaming in pain."
Spoetzel reaches out and touches a large peach and pink beach umbrella.
Ordim rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim exclaims, "They should!"
Deyoni surveys her surroundings carefully.
Darcena asks, "And she said... something was wrong?"
Ordim nods in agreement.
Ysharra whispers something to Nehor.
Darcena peers quizzically at Avawren.
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena asks, "Yes? Something was wrong?"
Amalara asks, "Perhaps that is what we heard?"
Avawren explains, "And shortly after, some workmen ushered us out. Quite rudely."
Ysharra grins at Nehor.
Darcena nods at Avawren.
Darcena says, "I think perhaps Elspie's workmen."
Darcena frowns at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Socius quietly says, "Something was... wrong..."
Darcena nods slowly at Socius.
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "The ghost, when you asked it who it was, said it was "Wrong. All wrong."."
Nehor whispers something to Ysharra.
Darcena says, "Oh, right. That's what it was."
Darcena nods once at Avawren.
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Ordim glances to one side, then freezes, his eyes growing wide as he begins to perspire.  After a moment, he gasps and flinches forward, then turns to stare wild-eyed, though nothing can be seen.
Zamnier glances up.
Darcena glances at Ordim.
Talinvor raises an eyebrow in Ordim's direction.
Ordim coughs.
Speaking to Ordim, Darcena asks, "You okay?"
Socius squints at Ordim.
Ordim sets about preparing himself to be as presentable as possible.
Apsaras glances at Ordim.
Sothog glances at Ordim.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "Many things are wrong right about now. First of which, you have something that rightfully belongs to me."
Naamit folds her arms tightly across her chest, clearly annoyed.
Ordim blinks.
Deyoni raises an eyebrow in Ordim's direction.
Amalara looks at Ordim with concern.
Speaking to Darcena, Ordim confirms, "I'm an Ordim!"
Ordim beams!
Khobra glances at Darcena.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Does anyone have any idea what this ghost thought was "all wrong"?"
Darcena shrugs at Jahadeem.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius asks, "Your assistance is required.  Do you have some means of opening the walkway?"
Darcena says, "I assume whatever was causing it to scream in pain."
Darcena says, "It all happened when I touched the water."
Darcena says, "Then... There were ripples."
Ordim says, "Someone poked me."
Ordim furrows his brow.
Ysharra gives a sidelong glance at Naamit.
Darcena says, "Many ripples."
Talinvor pokes Ordim in the ribs.
Sothog asks, "Seems these sendings are going out quite regularly.  Is someone calling for help, perhaps?"
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "You really should give that back to her, soon.  She has whips."
Speaking flippantly to Socius, Naamit quips, "Depends on where this walkway begins and ends. Tell me more."
Ordim giggles.
Ordim flails his arms about.
Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.
Speaking to Ordim, Amalara says, "It seemed more than a poke."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Jahadeem says, "Maybe Socius likes whips."
Speaking to Naamit, Darcena says, "It begins here."
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Khylynnia says, "No, I'm an Ordim.  You granted me that title before you departed on your last long journey."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "It will be kept perfectly safe until her service is complete."
Speaking to Naamit, Darcena says, "It ends on Sunset Cay."
Ordim squints at Khylynnia.
Ordim sighs.
Ordim hangs his head.
Naamit focuses her concentration, briefly studying the composition of a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Elysia gazes in amusement at Socius.
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Elysia says, "You might be right."
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Nehor glances between Khylynnia and Ordim.
Ensayn blinks.
Nehor incredulously asks, "There are two of them?"
Ysharra smiles at Naamit.
Nehor frowns.
Darcena tugs on the hood of her black leather coat, allowing it to shadow her face.
Sothog makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Sothog gestures at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Nothing happens.
Ordim sets about preparing himself to be as presentable as possible.
(Khobra attempts to whisper to Darcena but cannot for some reason.)
Sothog snaps his fingers.
Socius quietly asks, "So in the past, when there were these whispers, it is my understanding that this Elspie was sending them?"
Khylynnia sets about preparing Ordim to be as presentable as possible.
Darcena blinks at Khobra.
Ordim nods appreciatively at Khylynnia.
Sothog nods at Socius.
Khylynnia nods once at Ordim.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "Some of them."
Ordim giggles.
Darcena says, "But then someone else started whispering."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Guided."
Elysia says, "Maybe some of them."
Avawren nods in agreement at Darcena.
Louaryne glances nervously around the area.
Darcena says, "And we were never quite sure it was actually Elspie."
Speaking to Socius, Sothog says, "Some yes, but there were others besides."
Darcena says, "Becuase when we found her, she couldn't talk."
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Spoetzel stares at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "I have never met this Elspie. She would not know me to whisper to."
Socius mutters under his breath.
Speaking softly to Khobra, Dracnoir asks, "Are you okay?"
Darcena says, "And the whispers sent us on a wild goose chase and lost us the chest."
Elysia says, "We were meant to believe some of them were from Elspie, but...."
Elysia shrugs.
Sothog nods.
Naamit walks to stand behind a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Darcena nods slowly at Elysia.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Maybe Elspie was mind controlled?"
Ysharra gazes with interest at Naamit.
Darcena admits, "We don't know."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra remarks, "Zhe vaz allov to vhizper... to allow other goalz to be made."
Socius quietly asks, "So what you are saying is that there is no way to know what, or who, is sending these whispers, visions, and the like?"
Darcena says, "It was someone who sounded like Elspie."
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Jahadeem.
Nehor gazes up into the heavens.
Nehor sighs.
Apsaras gazes up into the heavens.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Darcena says, "How interesting."
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "Well, we do know.  Someone who won't visit in person."
(Khobra attempts to whisper to Dracnoir but cannot for some reason.)
Speaking quietly to Socius, Khylynnia asks, "What better form of misdirection?"
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "That's correct. We don't know the identity."
Nehor wearily complains, "More wet. Might as well go for a swim."
Sothog says, "That's a good point.  There is some possible doubt as to the identity of the sender."
Darcena glances at Khobra.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "There is always a way to discern the source of errant notions.  One needs merely to reflect."
Dracnoir rests a gentle hand on Khobra's arm.
Sothog sighs.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena says, "Your mouth keeps moving but nothing is coming out."
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena says, "Are you okay."
Ysharra smiles at Nehor.

Another Popping Ripple

A colorful ripple slides across the surface of the water, and the ground beneath your feet rumbles.  A slight popping sound fills the air.
A dark sludge ambles in.
Ordim blinks.
Ordim glances at a dark sludge.
Deyoni glances down.
A pained expression crosses Ensayn's face.
Darcena blinks.
Nehor frowns.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "It's about to get worse."
Deyoni searches around for a moment.
A dark sludge heads northwest.
Socius sighs.

Lady Darcena strides away moving northwest, her group following close behind.
[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Warm beneath the heat of the sun, the glittering sands of the peninsula are surrounded on three sides by water.  On the southern side, the surf pounds against a beach dotted with umbrellas and blankets, while to the north dozens of tide pools are filled with all manner of tiny aquatic life.  A striped awning attached to a small wooden cart provides shade for a small child.  High above, cormorants dance through the crystal blue sky, their cries soft and melodic.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a dark sludge and a large driftwood sign.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest
Ordim giggles at a dark sludge.

Khobra says, "Ripplez."
Maylan waves to the sludge.
Sothog traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Sothog gestures at a dark sludge.
Nehor disgustedly exclaims, "Ew! Don't chase it!"
Jahadeem points at a dark sludge.
Maleisse gives her hair a small tug.  Odd.
Ordim reaches for the dark sludge, but can't seem to grab ahold!
Sothog blinks.
A dark sludge heads northwest.
Louaryne glances down.
Ordim frowns.

Lady Darcena strides away moving northwest, her group following close behind.
[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Golden sunlight warms the air, which is heavy and balmy from the rise and fall of the surf that separates the glittering sands of the beach from the roped-off swimming area.  Umbrellas dot the coast, their vibrant silken expanses offering shade to the blankets set beneath them.  Beach grass-riddled dunes create a barrier between the sprawling streets of the shopping district and the beach, while a sandy pathway accommodates the foot traffic.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a dark sludge.
Obvious paths: southeast

Ordim exclaims, "Get a net!"

>desc sludge
You are not quite sure what to make of the dark sludge, as you have never seen anything that looks quite like it. Stopping a moment, you try to commit this creature to memory so that you can tell tales of it to your fellow adventurers back in the safety of the local tavern.

Avawren says, "What in the world ..."
Elysia gazes with interest at a dark sludge.
Apsaras says, "Definately ripples."
Jahadeem draws a glowing pattern in the air before a dark sludge.
Nehor exclaims, "Why are we chasing the disgusting sludge?!"
A dark sludge heads southeast.
Maylan says, "Wait wait."

Lady Darcena strides away moving southeast, her group following close behind.
[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Warm beneath the heat of the sun, the glittering sands of the peninsula are surrounded on three sides by water.  On the southern side, the surf pounds against a beach dotted with umbrellas and blankets, while to the north dozens of tide pools are filled with all manner of tiny aquatic life.  A striped awning attached to a small wooden cart provides shade for a small child.  High above, cormorants dance through the crystal blue sky, their cries soft and melodic.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a dark sludge and a large driftwood sign.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest

Darcena exclaims, "Stay still!"

Dracnoir traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Dracnoir gestures at a dark sludge.

Naamit swings a barbed white ora whip at a dark sludge!
  AS: +531 vs DS: +177 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +21 = +410
   ... and hits for 125 points of damage!

Ensayn says, "Quick clean it."
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Khylynnia exclaims, "Something else to study!"

The faint outlines of caliginous shadows flutter in and out of sight around Avawren as she raises her hands in an insistently beckoning manner.
Avawren channels at a dark sludge.

Zamnier swings a faenor-hilted rolaren falchion at a dark sludge!
  AS: +121 vs DS: +124 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +42 = +74
   A clean miss.
Zamnier swings a jet-inset vultite falchion at a dark sludge!
The dark sludge dodges just in the nick of time!

Khobra says, "Guiding."
Raljein channels at a dark sludge.
Jahadeem puckers up and blows a kiss at a dark sludge.

A dark sludge pounds at Nehor with its fist!
Nehor moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Khylynnia swings a closed fist at a dark sludge!
  AS: +121 vs DS: +66 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +17 = +97
   A clean miss.

Elysia waves a white ceramic cup at a dark sludge.
Khobra says, "No harm."
Sothog traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...
Maylan gestures at a dark sludge.

Darcena frowns at a dark sludge.

Naamit changes her tune, adding a new element to her song...
Naamit skillfully weaves another verse into her harmony, directing the sound of her voice at a dark sludge.

Nehor sneers at a dark sludge.

Sothog gestures at a dark sludge.

Zamnier swings a faenor-hilted rolaren falchion at a dark sludge!
  AS: +243 vs DS: +57 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +15 = +236
   ... and hits for 91 points of damage!
The dark sludge falls to the ground and dies.
Reciting the mystical phrases of his elemental spell, a rime of frost suddenly encircles Ordim's deep heliotrope eyes and infuses the whites of his ocular cavity with icy blue energy that dissipates as he releases his spell.

Amalara asks, "That ripple, then the pop. That was like a rift, yes?"
Jahadeem glances at a dark sludge as if it really needs a hug.
Sothog blinks.
Maylan says, "Awww."
Ordim prods the sludge with his toe.
Maylan says, "Now it's dead."
Speaking pointedly to a dark sludge, Nehor instructs, "No you don't!"
Dracnoir snaps his fingers.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "The only thing we've all got in common.  Curious natures."
Jahadeem quietly asks, "You had to kill it?"
Zamnier shrugs.
Elysia agrees with Maylan.
Sothog says, "This one seems to ignore magic..."
Jahadeem quietly says, "It seemed harmless."
Khobra says, "Vaz no threat."
Ysharra nods at Sothog.
Speaking to a dark sludge, Nehor snaps, "Stay away! Water is one thing, but I wont get sludge on my boots!"
Speaking amusedly to herself, Naamit comments, "How a whip slices through mud, amazing."
Nehor sniffs.
(Ordim scoops up some sludge in his jar.)
Speaking to herself, Darcena murmurs, "Another pop. Another weird gelatinous creature."
Ordim looks around for something.
Maylan says, "I was just going to bind it so we could talk to it."
Socius stares at a dark sludge.
A dark sludge decays into compost.
Ponclast softly asks, "Is this the best our adversary can do?"
Maylan says, "Poor little guy."
Dracnoir softly says, "Next time... don't kill it..."
Speaking to Naamit, Khobra says, "Vind cutz through vater."
Schultz casually observes his surroundings.
Naamit smirks at Maylan.
Socius quietly asks, "Is this even the work of an adversary>?"
Maylan says, "I'm sure it had many fascinating things to say."
Zamnier says, "I don't like to keep unnatural things alive. I guess I overreacted."
Khobra says, "Everytime."
Amalara asks, "So where do these creatures normally live?"
Maleisse shakes her head at Ponclast and clucks her tongue.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "Did you see the ripple? In the water?"
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem says, "I know that semed like a nice sludge... I would have taken as a pet... maybe."
Socius nods at Darcena.
Spoetzel asks, "Will more come out of the water?"

Lady Darcena strides away moving southeast, her group following close behind.
[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Flanked by water on three sides, the peninsula ends in a small wall designed to be a breakwater and intended to stop the erosion of the beach.  Loud and persistent, the surf crashes across the sun-kissed sands.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a large peach and pink beach umbrella and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: northwest

Speaking dryly to Ponclast, Nehor counters, "If you mean distract us chasing sludge whilst he continues to gather power and grow? Then...I mean, his plan is working."
Ysharra says, "The popping might be an affect of a Summoning."
Deyoni softly says, "Perhaps it was a spy from the other side of the ripple."
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Ordim says, "Silly sludge slithers slowly south, spreading sickly steam."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Vaz guide. No threat."
Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.
Raljein says, "Perhaps the byproduct of tinkering with things that one ought to not tinker with instead of deliberate attempts to corrupt."
Speaking wryly to Socius, Naamit says, "Well, had I not splattered it we may have found out."
Darcena gazes with interest at the surf.
Ysharra nods.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog asks, "This is hard to say.  Wait... what if these are not being summoned... but driven out of somewhere?"
Ysharra nods slowly at Raljein.
Naamit wraps her white ora whip around her arm in a tight coil and releases the whip so that it drops to her side.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Is there a way to find out where these ripples start on the other side?"
Amalara nods at Sothog.
Speaking to Raljein, Ysharra says, "It would explain why magic doesn't work."
Apsaras asks, "Well maybe someone is just experimentin'  Gettin' the hang of it so tae speak?"
Raljein adopts an agreeable expression.
Socius quietly says, "My understanding was that there wasn't any sort of activity of this sort from Nazhor the last time."
Speaking to Raljein, Nehor admits, "A possibility."
Talinvor says, "I propose we follow the next one, should there be another."
Ordim surveys the area.
Speaking to Sothog, Amalara says, "Or just slipped through a crack."
Speaking to Raljein, Ysharra says, "Perhaps some of them have some immunity, like the vathors."
Elysia amusedly asks, ""The other side of... what?"
Zamnier nods.
Speaking to Socius, Sothog says, "There wasn't.  This is entirely new."
Socius nods at Talinvor.
Darcena nods at Sothog.
Ponclast agrees with Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Talinvor, Socius says, "Agreed."
Deyoni softly asks, "Think one of the artifacts causes this?"
Speaking pointedly to Socius, Nehor counters, "Last time he did not posses powerful artifacts, unless I am mistaken?"
(Khobra gazes out towards the surf.)
Darcena nods at Talinvor.
Talinvor says, "I suspect it may be attempting to congeal to the source."
Khylynnia grins at Talinvor.
Darcena reaches out and touches the surf.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "And bend yourself more towards restraint than death next time."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Jahadeem says, "Certainly these things are coming through these ripples from somewhere."
Khobra knowingly says, "Vaz guide. Not threat."
Naamit begins chortling at Socius.
Deyoni softly asks, "What happens when one puts these said artifacts together? Is that part of it?"
Deyoni surreptitiously glances at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "He possessed one from the outset... the necklace."
Nehor nods once.
Darcena kneels down.
(Darcena whispers something to herself as she touches the watery beach.)
Speaking quietly to Deyoni, Socius says, "We have not a clue.  Duvainiel intimated that he had the power he needed now."
Nehor says, "And now has another. At least one more."
Speaking firmly to Socius, Naamit says, "You'd be amazed at the lengths I will go to, to get back what. Is. Rightfully. Mine."
Naamit grumbles to herself.
Speaking to Socius, Ysharra says, "I don't think you know Naamit well.  Warnings don't work."
Speaking quietly to Deyoni, Jahadeem says, "I have asked multiple times about what the artifacts do... at least you got an answer."
Ysharra places one hand over her sandruby locket, closing her eyes briefly.
Jahadeem sighs.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "So long as you perform as required, you shall have it returned.  If you do not, you will not see it again."
Lightning streaks down from the sky, crackling and charging the air.
Elysia glances between Socius and Naamit.
Elysia chortles softly at some secret joke.
Darcena glances up.
Naamit begins chortling at Socius.
Amalara says, "Perhaps he is just practicing and worse things will be coming through those ripples."
Zamnier sarcastically says, "Some threat. A slime sorcerer."
(Avawren watches Darcena out of the corner of her eye.)
Speaking softly to Jahadeem, Deyoni says, "Not a very good one."
Apsaras agrees with Amalara.
Dracnoir softly says, "More lightning..."
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "We don't know.  That's the truth of it."
Naamit ruefully says, "Oh, I can perform, that is to be assured."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "If Naamit does not perform as required will you auction it off?"
A powerful rush of intense violet energy trails Maylan's twining zydris runestaff as she stows it in her runestaff sling.
Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.
(Darcena murmurs more words under her breath as she touches the water.)
Khobra closes her eyes for a moment.
Ysharra quietly whispers to her sandruby locket, and it glows brightly.
Maylan reaches inside one of the stretched rolton wool socks hanging from her leather bandolier and grabs a zydris-hilted white jade crescent dagger coated with black bile.
Apsaras says, "Tae be gettin' the hang of it all."
Khobra takes a deep breath.
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Amalara nods at Apsaras.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "I will not.  It is hers and hers alone.  If she forfeits it, it will be destroyed."
Khobra slowly empties her lungs.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Uttering soft words, Maylan weaves her white jade crescent dagger in a complex manner around herself, then holds it overhead, allowing droplets of black bile to drip down from it and onto her person.
Amalara says, "So Talinvor is wise to suggest we follow the next one."
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Jahadeem says, "Sorry tried to find a loophole."
Uttering soft words, Maylan weaves her white jade crescent dagger in a complex manner around Darcena, then holds it over Darcena's head, allowing droplets of black bile to drip down from it and onto her person.
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Socius quietly asks, "Cendadric was useless... Penre is missing.  Where is this Duvainiel being held, does anyone know?"
Naamit says, "In my own best interests, a performance of some measure will be had."
Elysia gazes with interest at Maylan.
Uttering soft words, Maylan weaves her white jade crescent dagger in a complex manner around Elysia, then holds it over Elysia's head, allowing droplets of black bile to drip down from it and onto her person.
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Khobra answers, "Yez."
Avawren shifts her weight.
Dracnoir turns an inquisitive ear toward Khobra.
Avawren folds her arms over her chest, tucking away her hands from the rain.
Raljein thoughtfully says, "Someone said someone by that name was being held in a basement, and another person said she deserved it."
Khobra says, "Knov vhere, guarding her. Have been."
Avawren whispers something to Darcena.
Darcena nods at Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "Take us there, then, if you would."
Darcena looks over at Avawren and shakes her head.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Wasn't Ilsola with Duvainiel in the same basement?"
Sothog says, "I do recall her being detained, yes."
Darcena stands up.
Darcena asks, "To where?"
(Khobra attempts to whisper to Darcena but cannot for some reason.)
Darcena peers quizzically at Khobra.
Khobra answers, "If vizh."
Nehor nods at Ysharra.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "No.  Elspie and Duvainiel were in the cell."
Darcena says, "Duvainiel was in the cell in Elspie's house."
Darcena glances at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "No no, that was the other lady in the cell. The one you ran off earlier."
Naamit gently rests her hand on Ysharra's shoulder.
Ordim nods once.
Talinvor grins at Nehor.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Home vandering nov."
Ordim takes a bite of his blueberry muffin.
Ysharra put a tiny goldfish bowl in her carved ivory vasculum.
Khylynnia snickers at Naamit.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Do we know where Elspie is?"
Ysharra slips a hand to her sleeve, deftly retrieving a twisted ebon ora-tipped dagger.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra continues, "Duvainiel prizoner."
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Darcena looks over at Jahadeem and shakes her head.
Nehor whispers something to Ordim.
Ysharra moves to stand behind Naamit.
Darcena says, "Elspie is taken a vacation while her building gets rebuilt."
Elysia asks, "Must we bicker with Duvaniel today?"
Speaking to Jahadeem, Khobra says, "Dragon flying at the moment."
Darcena glances at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "I have heard that Elspie is wandering while her home is being rebuilt."
Naamit flashes a quick grin at Khylynnia.
Jahadeem quietly says, "My brain is having trouble taking in all this information."
Ordim giggles.
Ysharra smiles at Naamit.
Nehor stares at Ordim.
Speaking to Elysia, Darcena mutters, "I liked it better when she was dead."
Dracnoir gazes with interest at the surf.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra answers, "Yez."
Ordim takes a bite of his blueberry muffin.
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "I am not content to sit back and wait for trouble to come to us."
Nehor slowly empties his lungs.
Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "If we have a means to an end, I will take it."
Darcena stamps her feet at Socius!
Naamit gently rests her hand on Ysharra's shoulder.
Naamit whispers aloud to Ysharra, "Excellent."
Speaking to Socius, Sothog says, "That's wise.  If we can seize the initiative from our opponent, we should."
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena says, "I'm starting to lose my temper."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "You lead, iz knovin vhere cabin iz az do I."
Naamit nods appreciatively at Ysharra.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena says, "I have tried and tried and tried."
Elysia sighs at Socius.
Darcena says, "We can't get to the cabin, because the walkway is closed."
Socius quietly says, "If that means asking Duvainiel some hard questions, then that's what I will do."
Darcena glares at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Ysharra gently rests her hand on Naamit's shoulder.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "As long as that means does not cause any problem for the Landing I look forward to helping out when I can."
Khobra nods at Darcena.
Ordim gazes thoughtfully at his glass jar.
Sothog agrees with Socius.
Darcena yells, "Let us in!"
Darcena yells, "Open up the walkway!"
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Darcena growls ferociously at a salt-stained wooden walkway!
Speaking dryly to Socius, Nehor observes, "You seem to prefer the...hard route."
Speaking abruptly to Socius, Naamit says, "About your walkway."
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "I have some curiosity and affection that keeps me close, yes."
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "To the best of my knowledge, there has been no issue with the Landing."
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "She is terribly, terribly rude and quite unhelpful, but I wish you luck with her."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Maylan says, "Don't give the cookies away for free."
Maylan just nudged Jahadeem.
Socius nods at Naamit.
Naamit eyes a salt-stained wooden walkway up and down with a thoughtful expression on her face.
Uttering soft words, Maylan weaves her white jade crescent dagger in a complex manner around Jahadeem, then holds it over Jahadeem's head, allowing droplets of black bile to drip down from it and onto his person.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "I thought you were going to be better than Ilsola. I'm not sure I should help you after all."
Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "I do what I must, in the most expedient way possible."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "You didn't even ask those of who who were -there- what happened."
Darcena hunches up her shoulders and snarls menacingly at Socius!
Elysia casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.
Avawren shifts her weight.
Avawren gives a sidelong glance at Darcena.
Nehor sagely quotes, "The quickest path is not often the surest way."
Darcena mutters, "Come in and act like he knows everything."
Darcena hunches her shoulders and snarls menacingly at a salt-stained wooden walkway!
Darcena hunches up her shoulders and snarls menacingly at Socius!
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I have read the report given by Ilsola, and was unaware until last night that she has been less than forthcoming."
Maylan says, "A walking fortune tart over here."
Maylan points at Nehor.
Speaking to Darcena, Sothog says, "Perhaps he does."
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Where did Ilsola go anyway?"
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I'll thank you to keep a civil tongue in your head."
Nehor examines Maylan closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.
Speaking adamantly to Socius, Darcena exclaims, "She doesn't know everything!"
Naamit sings something quietly in Guildspeak to a salt-stained wooden walkway that you don't understand.
Speaking to Darcena, Sothog says, "To an extent, anyway."
Ensayn grunts, a quizzical look on his face.
Naamit purses her lips, the glaes ring within them appearing a bit more prominent.
Rohese blinks.
Ordim waves to Rohese.
Maleisse's face lights up with joy for Rohese.
Talinvor whispers something to Darcena.
Jahadeem waves to Rohese.
Rohese takes a few steps back.
Elysia gives Rohese a friendly hug.
Apsaras raises an eyebrow.
Speaking coolly to Maylan, Nehor says, "A bit more sweet than tart, I would like to imagine."
Speaking to Rohese, Ordim exclaims, "I found some sludge!"
Ysharra smiles at Rohese.
Rohese bites her lip.
Ordim giggles.
Rohese fearfully glances at Ordim.
Nehor glances between Ordim and Rohese.
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Jahadeem says, "Clean your boots."
Naamit pounds a salt-stained wooden walkway with her fist, causing it to shake and tremble.
Ordim glances down.
Speaking to Rohese, Elysia says, "It is lovely to see you again."
Darcena growls at Talinvor.
Rohese smiles at Elysia.
Louaryne smiles at Rohese.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim corrects, "Sandals."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I would be happy to speak with those who have first hand knowledge, but there has not yet been time.  Restrain your temper and more will be accomplished."
Rohese kisses Elysia tenderly on the cheek.
Ordim pulls his dark grey robe aside for a moment.
Spying a bit of frosting in his toe-hair, Ordim adjusts his black leather tunic and gracefully bows and scoops it up.
Talinvor scratches Darcena's back.
Deyoni stares at Rohese.
Maylan's eyes grow dim and unfocused as she gazes at Rohese with a slack-jawed grin.
Darcena slowly empties her lungs.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim exclaims, "And thats perfectly good frosting!"
Darcena growls at Socius.
Ordim frowns at Jahadeem.
Speaking to Rohese, Ysharra says, "Always a pleasure to see you, Chatelaine."
Rohese wrinkles her nose.
Dracnoir searches around for a moment.
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Jahadeem says, "You may want to wash your feet then."
Ordim glances down.
Ordim peers quizzically at Jahadeem.
Socius glances at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Jahadeem chuckles.
Speaking softly to Ysharra, Rohese says, "It's lovely to see you again."
Amalara nods to Rohese in greeting.
Ordim stares at his glass jar.
Nehor quips, "Restraint isnt a skill in much evidence in this crowd."
Darcena abruptly kicks at a salt-stained wooden walkway!
Ephemeral twists of silver-hazed mist wreathe Darcena's forearms as she murmurs a serene phrase...
Socius quietly asks, "Was there no mechanism or anything previously?"
Ordim shrugs.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "You don't know Naamit."
Darcena says, "I can't even set it on fire."
Darcena growls ferociously at a salt-stained wooden walkway!
Ysharra smiles.
Sothog begins drawing a faint, twisting symbol as he utters an arcane invocation in hushed tones...
Sothog gestures at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Nothing happens.
Sothog snaps his fingers.
Naamit inhales sharply, hissing through her teeth.
Socius squints at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Naamit looks at Ysharra and hums.
Raljein makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Raljein gestures at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Nehor paces to his left, moving in a circle around a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Khylynnia turns to Rohese and bows low, spreading her wings for all to see.
Sothog says, "Well, phasing-spells don't work, either."
Nehor thoughtfully muses, "Mmm..."
Ensayn pulls the hood of his leather cloak over his head, gaining coverage from the rainfall.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "I'm surprised you haven't flayed half the town yet."
Elysia gazes thoughtfully at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Darcena nods at Khobra.
Sothog coughs.
Talinvor gazes thoughtfully at a large peach and pink beach umbrella.
Sothog knocks on a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Raljein makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Raljein gestures.
Raljein appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.
A ripple slides through the air, momentarily obscuring everything around you.  When it clears, all is as it once was.
Sothog blinks.

Sunset Cay

[Sunset Cay, Approach]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: none

Apsaras blinks.
Speaking slowly to Ysharra, Naamit says, "I have a vested interest in seeing mine bracelet returned in a single piece."
Darcena exclaims, "There!"
Khobra says, "No threat.."
Ordim surveys the area.
Socius blinks.
Avawren blinks.
Deyoni surveys her surroundings carefully.
Khobra says, "No harm."
Ysharra says, "Well..."
Avawren turns around.
Socius quietly asks, "Who opened it?"
Maylan asks, "The air tastes funny, does it not?"
Avawren surreptitiously casts her eyes around the area.
Deyoni furrows her brow.
Darcena sniffs at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra asks, "Did you do that?"
Elysia says, "And here we are again."
Rohese glances around the area.
Ordim exclaims, "The ripples!"
Ordim giggles.
Naamit casually says, "All it took was a song."
Tiny flames lick along the fire wyrdling's shoulders, dancing merrily before dying away.
(Jahadeem points to a cabin.)
Avawren furrows her brow.
Naamit examines her fingernails.
Apsaras gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor says, "The ripples seem to be leading to her home.."
Khobra says, "Doez no matter vho opened."
Nehor cautiously observes, "It seems that reality bent and what was...no longer was."
Ysharra smiles at Naamit.
Socius nods slowly at Naamit.
Ensayn tugs at his beard, lost in thought.
Darcena nods at Talinvor.
Nehor frowns.
Darcena sniffs at a curling footpath.
Nehor declares, "Disconcerting."
Darcena sniffs at a blue-painted door.
Darcena sniffs at a short dock.

Recounting the Ghost and Finding an Entity

[Sunset Cay, Dock]
This dock is weathered but sturdy and stretches out towards the open sea a short ways.  Despite the motion of the waves underneath its surface, the dock remains firm, anchored by sturdy support columns at regular intervals.  A small wooden dinghy is securely tied to one of the farthest columns with a length of thick rope.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a short wooden dock.
Obvious paths: none

Darcena says, "This was the dock."
Darcena stamps her way around a short wooden dock!
Darcena growls ferociously!
Talinvor glances at a small wooden dinghy.
Socius ponders.
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Darcena says, "It was right here."
Darcena says, "I knelt down. I touched the water."
Raising his hands before him, Zamnier quickly backpedals away from Darcena.
Socius quietly asks, "And this is where you saw this ghost?"
Darcena nods at Socius.
Apsaras asks, "This is where the ghost was?"
Darcena glances down.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem asks, "Was the dock or is the dock?"
Khobra whispers something to Darcena.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Dracnoir gazes thoughtfully at a small wooden dinghy.
Darcena kneels down.
(Darcena leans over and touches the water.)
Speaking wryly to a small wooden dinghy, Naamit says, "How appropriate. Space for two."
Darcena adamantly insists, "This water."
Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.
Rohese gently closes her scarlet leather book, taking care with its pages.
Louaryne glances apprehensively around the area.
Avawren says, "If it appears, please for the love of ... don't kill it. It spoke last time, briefly."
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Jahadeem says, "And canary yellow."
Darcena nods at Avawren.
Ysharra looks over at Naamit and shakes her head.
An indistinct entity lopes into the area!
Speaking offhandedly to Jahadeem, Naamit comments, "Yellow is the color of joy. And anger. Curious how they share a space."
Darcena blinks at an indistinct entity.
Talinvor glances at an indistinct entity.
Nehor glances at an indistinct entity.
Apsaras glances at an indistinct entity.
Socius squints.

>desc entity
The indistinct entity has tough, leathery hide, as black as midnight.  Bat-like wings sprout from its back, but they do not look large or strong enough to support its weight in flight.  The entity's claws are long, sharp and appear to be stained with the blood of many victims.  Its eyes are eerie, solid green orbs that seem to glow with an inner power.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Ensayn grunts pensively, deep in thought.
Elysia looks thoughtfully at an indistinct entity.
Rohese squeals.
Amalara takes a moment to observe an indistinct entity.
Dracnoir looks thoughtfully at an indistinct entity.
An indistinct entity shudders, in obvious pain.
Speaking coolly to an indistinct entity, Nehor says, "At least you are no sludge."
Rohese takes a few steps back.
Avawren breathes in slightly.
Ysharra says, "Now this is different, in an afternoon full of different."
Schultz gazes watchfully at an indistinct entity.
Darcena hesitantly says, "Look at its eyes."
Avawren frowns at an indistinct entity.
Raljein disgustedly says, "Worse than sludge."
Talinvor says, "Interesting."
Speaking quietly to an indistinct entity, Jahadeem asks, "Can you communicate in any way?"
Speaking to an indistinct entity, Ysharra asks, "Can you hear us?"
Deyoni paces to her left, moving in a circle around an indistinct entity.
An indistinct entity throws its head back and screams in agony, then vaporizes before your eyes!
Darcena gasps.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Maybe blink once for yes and twice for no?"
Darcena asks, "Where'd it go?"
Deyoni covers her ears.
Ordim blinks.
Maleisse shudders.
Socius quietly asks, "What is going ON here?"
Talinvor says, "Not sure, but I struggled with song of peace."
Rohese mutters something about greeneyes.
Ysharra says, "It's not...totally unlike the imps from the Grik valence."
Speaking to herself, Apsaras says, "Well that is a spooky lookin' whatever it is."
Dracnoir softly says, "That... was bizarre..."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius asks, "Was that the same ghost as you saw before?"
Khiya wrinkles her nose.
Darcena says, "It screamed. Just like the other one."
Rohese's lower lip trembles slightly.
Speaking to Socius, Saphriel says, "It's eyes were quite similar to yours."
Darcena looks over at Socius and shakes her head.
Rohese glances away.
Naamit leans on Ysharra, giving her a companionable grin.
Socius raises an eyebrow in Saphriel's direction.
Ysharra says, "It has the long claws like the griks, too."
Ordim quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.
Amalara takes a moment to observe Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "It felt the same, though."
Zamnier blinks.
Saphriel shifts her eyes to Socius.
Naamit whispers something to Ysharra.
Ordim gazes up into the heavens.
Speaking quietly to Saphriel, Socius says, "I did not get any sort of a good look at it."
Ysharra nods at Naamit.
Sothog searches around for a moment.
Avawren glances at a short wooden dock.
Darcena blinks at Nazarr.
Sothog asks, "Perhaps there's a weak point in the veil here...?"
Speaking to Nazarr, Darcena asks, "You didn't?"
Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius asks, "And yours claimed it was... wrong?"
Talinvor says, "Some sort of demonic summon, I think."
Darcena asks, "Did... Did everyone see that?"
Avawren nods at Socius.
Nehor nods once at Darcena.
Ysharra says, "Something akin to it, anyway."
Saphriel slowly says, "But we did... piercing, powerful green eyes."
Nazarr shakes his head.
Sothog nods at Darcena.
Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.
Speaking softly to Darcena, Dracnoir asks, "The entity?"
Ysharra's eyes go glassy, and she sways on her feet for a long moment, then her eyes suddenly go wide, and she flinches back in alarm, though nothing can be seen.  After a moment, Ysharra draws a shaky breath and looks around, slightly confused.

[Editor's Note: This is what Ysharra saw: Your vision grows hazy at an alarming rate, and the air in front of you begins to waver, as stone might on a particularly hot day.  Through the wavering, shapes can be seen, though the details are impossible to make out.  The rippling air halts for just a moment, and one of the shapes resolves itself into a skeletal figure, its skin intact, but stretched taut across its bones.  Its lidless eyes snap to yours, and it opens its mouth and screams!  The instant it does so, the ripples start once more for a heartbeat, then your vision clears completely, leaving you shaken.]

Apsaras says, "Had wings too."
Rohese flinches.
Nehor says, "Whether it was illusion or actually there, I could not tell."
Apsaras says, "Like a bat."
Darcena nods at Dracnoir.
Naamit gently rests her hand on Ysharra's shoulder.
Talinvor peers quizzically at Ysharra.
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara asks, "Or another thing slipping through the cracks?"
Jahadeem quietly says, "But it did not attack."
Darcena says, "Nazarr says he didn't see it."
Dracnoir peers quizzically at Ysharra.
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Correct. That was it's response when asked who it was. We took it to be a human spirit, rather than a natural one."
Ysharra gently rests her hand on Naamit's shoulder.
Speaking to Ysharra, Naamit whispers aloud, "Steady, friend."
Nazarr says, "I got the impression that you were looking at an entityt, but I couldn't see one."
Louaryne glances uneasily at Rohese.
Deyoni distractedly says, "What is one the other side of the ripple."
Darcena stands up.
Deyoni tilts her head back.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "I'm fine.  It takes more than a few misty green eyes and orbs to upset me."
Speaking quietly to Deyoni, Jahadeem says, "That is the big question."
Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius asks, "And it seemed to be in pain?"
Darcena nods at Socius.
Avawren nods slowly.
Darcena says, "It screamed just like that."
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Rohese grimaces slightly for no apparent reason, then puts a hand to her head, wavering slightly.  After a moment, her other hand claps to her head as well, and she sinks to her knees, mouth stretched open in a scream, though no sound can be heard!  When she appears to run out of breath, she goes very still, then slumps to the ground.
Ysharra nods.
Speaking hesitantly to Socius, Darcena says, "Did you---"
Nehor frowns.
Darcena blinks at Rohese.
Socius blinks at Rohese.
Nehor glances at Rohese.
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "That is all I felt from it, pain and the fear that pain causes."
Nehor pulls Rohese to her feet.
Naamit settles her gaze on Rohese, watching her intently.
Zamnier glances at Rohese.
Talinvor raises an eyebrow in Rohese's direction.
Sothog searches around for a moment.
Ordim glances at Rohese.
Maleisse looks at Rohese with concern.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Nehor dusts Rohese off.
Dracnoir blinks at Rohese.
Apsaras glances at Rohese.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Amalara says, "Perhaps it is in pain because this is not its realm of being. A fish out of water so to speak."
Speaking concernedly to Rohese, Nehor asks, "Are you alright?"
Nehor cocks his head.
Darcena continues, "Want me to take you to Duvainiel?"
Darcena peers quizzically at Socius.
Avawren frowns at Rohese.
Ysharra says, "I saw a portal.  Like a Summoning, but...different."
Darcena nods slowly at Amalara.
Socius quietly asks, "Surely there is one among us who is capable of preventing this sort of thing?"
Speaking to Ysharra, Darcena asks, "A portal?"
Darcena blinks.
Ysharra looks over at Naamit and shakes her head.
Ensayn says, "Looked like a failed attempt to create a vesperti."
Avawren kneels down.
Naamit asks, "Prevent, or amplify?"
Avawren gently rests her hand on Rohese.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "Yes, please."
Naamit folds her arms over her chest.
Ordim looks thoughtfully at Ensayn.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "My skill is not in stopping visions."
Louaryne gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.
Speaking curiously to Ysharra, Talinvor asks, "What did you see?"
Rohese whimpers.
Speaking to Ensayn, Ordim says, "The Vesperti are themselves failed experiments."
Darcena mutters, "I have them all the time."
Raljein loses some awareness.
Ordim frowns.
Khiya asks, "It seems more the job a religious figure?"
Rohese grabs her head and moans softly.
Deyoni looks at Rohese with concern.
Speaking quietly to Rohese, Socius asks, "Are you all right?"
Ensayn nods at Ordim.
Ensayn says, "Aye."

Entering the Cottage and Staring at Runes

[Sunset Cay, Approach]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: none

Speaking weakly to Socius, Rohese says, "A whisper."
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Speaking weakly to Socius, Rohese repeats, "...wvososqmmprvke..."
Ysharra says, "Something with shapes starting to push through.  Like a layer of plasma, being stretched thin by things on the other side."
Speaking quietly to Rohese, Socius says, "Take heart.  We will prevail."
Speaking offhandedly to Socius, Naamit mentions, "She appears frail. Perhaps you should send her to rest."
Darcena blinks at Ysharra.
Elysia says, "Mind warding."
Jahadeem quietly says, "Theres that cabin again."
Amalara nods at Rohese.

Lady Darcena's group just strode down a curling footpath.
[Sunset Cay, Garden]
Partially shaded by a thatched pavilion, this fecund retreat invites relaxation.  A curving two-person bench has been thoughtfully positioned just beneath the furthest edge of the pavilion to maximize morning sunshine and afternoon shade.  The garden is overflowing with lush plants and exotic flowers that lend the breeze a sultry redolence.  In the far corner of the garden, beneath the gentle shade of a sprawling fig tree, lies a freshly-turned grave.  A short path leads to a narrow glass-paned door at the back of the cabin.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a footpath leading back toward the beach and some wooden benches.
Obvious paths: none

Darcena points at a freshly-turned grave.
Ordim glances at a narrow glass-paned door.
Darcena says, "Brannogh's grave."
Darcena says, "For any who don't know."
Socius blinks at a freshly-turned grave.
Maylan exclaims, "What a terrible town this is!"
Speaking to Rohese, Avawren says, "Are you alright, miss? That is what I heard as well, I think."
Darcena sniffs at a freshly-turned grave.
Darcena sniffs at a bench.
Khobra glances at Darcena.
Darcena sniffs at her exotic flowers.

Lady Darcena's group just strode through a narrow glass-paned door.
[Sunset Cay, Kitchen]
This space has clearly been ransacked.  A a sturdy wooden table lies upended in the middle of the floor among the splintered remains of chairs and pottery.  A rhimar-lined pantry has been emptied, and its former contents lie scattered over the floor.  An archway leads back towards the living area, and a narrow glass-paned door exits into the garden.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around.
Obvious exits: none

Speaking weakly to Avawren, Rohese says, "I don't feel too well."
Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Rohese.
Naamit put a barbed white ora whip with a cross-like handle in her black leather bag.
Naamit removes an ebon-handled lavender teacup from in her lambswool cloak.
Darcena suspiciously asks, "What HAVE the workers been working on?"
Avawren frowns at Rohese.
Naamit offers Ysharra an ebon-handled lavender teacup.
Socius quietly asks, "Is this the state is was in previously?"
Jahadeem quietly says, "Four chairs."
Speaking to Rohese, Ysharra says, "You do seem...a little pale."
Darcena sniffs at a sturdy wooden table.
Ysharra accepts Naamit's lavender teacup.
Darcena nods at Socius.
Elysia nods at Socius.
Rohese nods slowly at Ysharra.
Khobra nods at Socius.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "Thank you, Naamit."

>l table
Fashioned of sturdy oak, this table seats four, but only holds two place settings, positioned close together.  Four chairs, painted in bright, contrasting colors, surround the table.  In the center of the table stands a cozy-covered teapot boasting a whimsical design.

Ordim searches around for a moment.
Ysharra takes a drink from her lavender teacup.
Naamit nods once at Ysharra.
Khobra says, "Cell cloze."
Ordim frowns.
Dracnoir ponders.
Ponclast searches around for a moment.

Lady Darcena's group just strode through an archway.
[Sunset Cay, Living Area]
This spacious living room is in complete disarray.  A squat secretary has been pried open.  Papers, covered in ink from a nearby broken inkwell, spill from the broken secretary and onto the floor.  A set of his and hers armchairs have been knocked over, and their matching upholstery carelessly ripped open.  An overstuffed couch leans against a wall-sized picture window.  You see an archway into the kitchen, a blue-painted door leading to the front stairs, and a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around.
Obvious exits: none

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "The cottage was ransacked during Brannogh's memorial service."
Speaking to himself, Ordim confirms, "No muffins."

>l sec
It looks as though some type of weapon or toll has been used to pry open this wooden desk.  Laying atop the scattered papers is a broken pair of silver-framed spectacles.

Khobra says, "Belov uz."
Ponclast just came through an archway.
Khobra points at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.

>peer window
You gaze through the picture window and see...
[Sunset Cay, Ocean View]
From this vantage, the wide expanse of shoreline appears uninterrupted. Sunlight glints off ocean waves as they crest and break against the white sand beach in a ceaseless cycle.
Obvious paths: none

Socius blinks at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Apsaras says, "Well someone's been huntin' for somethin'."
Socius quietly asks, "What do those runes say?"
Socius glances at Naamit.
Jahadeem quietly says, "Bedroom door with runes on it."
Khobra says, "Through door. Vardz and runez vill no allov people through."
Maylan says, "So bossy..."
Darcena hisses, "I don't know. It's not Saramar."
Elysia focuses her concentration, briefly studying the composition of a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius asks, "Do they look familiar to you?"
Khobra says, "Fire runez met to trap vater magic."
Maleisse gives her hair a small tug.  Odd.
Rohese leans on Avawren.
Rohese nods appreciatively at Avawren.
Schultz sighs.
Ysharra says, "I saw a creature take form, and it looked at me.  It seemed...almost as surprised by me as I was at it.  I wonder if it had a vision, too."
Speaking wryly to Socius, Naamit says, "Do I look like someone who might know about all the things a bedroom door might have to offer?" She pauses a moment before murmuring, "hmmm."."
Socius quietly asks, "Does anyone recognize them?  Even to guess at their meaning?"
Avawren gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.
Naamit turns to face a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Darcena blinks at Ysharra.
Maylan squints at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Ysharra nods at Darcena.
Ponclast ponders.
Murmuring a soothing invocation, bright arcs of elemental energy spark around Ponclast.
Ponclast gestures at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Darcena reaches out and touches a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a squat secretary.
Dracnoir reaches out and touches a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Naamit focuses her concentration, briefly studying the composition of a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Uttering soft words, Maylan weaves her white jade crescent dagger in a complex manner around a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface, then holds it up, allowing droplets of black bile to drip down onto it from the blade.
Dracnoir gazes thoughtfully at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Khobra repeats, "Fire runez met to trap vater magic and mage."
Talinvor casts an appraising gaze over his surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.
Ensayn knocks on a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Darcena asks, "Maybe they were meant to warn of the fire and cell inside?"
Avawren gazes thoughtfully at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "I have no ability to read runes. Sorry."
Darcena nods at Khobra.
Naamit examines Socius closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.
Darcena says, "Khobra keeps saying..."
Ensayn grunts and shakes his head.
Darcena says, "Fire runes."
Talinvor makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Raljein makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Darcena says, "To trap Elspie inside."
Far in the distance, a deep laugh can be heard amongst the thunder.
Raljein gestures at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Talinvor gestures at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Khobra nods at Darcena.
Darcena says, "And we had that---"
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Ordim blinks.
Darcena blinks.
Nehor inclines his ear, listening intently.
Darcena inclines her ear, listening intently.
Speaking to Darcena, Ysharra says, "I spend a lot of time with sorcerers, you get accustomed to strange visitors."
Dracnoir blinks.
Khobra squints.
Apsaras gazes heavenward.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Zamnier squints.
Jahadeem quietly says, "What was that."
Amalara appears less confident.
Apsaras frowns.
Ysharra gazes heavenward.
Socius quietly asks, "Is that this Nazhor?"
Spoetzel shivers.
Nazarr says, "All right, I heard that."
Darcena says, "...That, um."
Sothog nods at Socius.
Apsaras says, "Laughin'."
Khobra says, "He iz cloze."
Jahadeem quietly says, "Someone laughing at us."
Elysia says, "Someone being silly, is what that was."
Sothog says, "That's probably him."
Ordim furrows his brow.
Dracnoir softly says, "That... was creepy..."
Ensayn says, "The clouds are amused."
Khobra says, "Very cloze."
Speaking slowly to Socius, Naamit says, "They do appear to be not too dissimilar to the arabesque forms on your own boots. If I might say so myself."
Nehor dryly says, "Most like. I have heard that laughter previously, in my mind...in these visions."
Socius blinks at Naamit.
Darcena scowls at Socius.
Jahadeem quietly says, "He knows we are onto him."
Ysharra says, "Perhaps the popping is the artifact being deployed, for whatever is producing these things."
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Ysharra.
Dracnoir mills about with an uncertain look on his face.
Ordim nods slowly at Ysharra.
Darcena asks, "The pendant with the water-life affinity?"
Amalara glances between Socius and a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Speaking curiously to Nehor, Talinvor asks, "The over dramatic villian laugh?"
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "My boots were designed by my father.  The runes are the crest of my family.  And bear no resemblance to the runes on the door."
Rumbling thunder echoes throughout the area.
Khobra's black diamond pulses against her forehead, sending silver and obsidian-hued sparks dancing around her lashes.
Darcena narrows her eyes.
Speaking to Ysharra, Raljein says, "This is most likely, though I guessed perhaps it was simply the experimental rejects squeezing through the ripples."
Naamit shrugs at Socius.
Socius sighs.
Darcena asks, "Should we go see if the portal is still there?"
Speaking smoothly to Talinvor, Nehor says, "Useful in certain situations but it seems to be a theme he leans on a bit too hard."
Naamit unhelpfully quips, "Must be a nuance lost on a giant."
Darcena asks, "Or continue staring at the door?"
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Does your family have any enemies that may use runes such as these?"
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Who is your father, again?"
Socius quietly says, "If there is another way down, let us take it."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "Did you even hear Khobra?"
Khobra says, "Yez."
Darcena says, "She said she thought the runes were related to fire."
Socius nods slowly.
Darcena says, "To block Elspie's water magic."
Amalara searches around for a moment.
Socius quietly says, "That would follow."
Darcena says, "And we had that big wall of fire inside, too."
Talinvor nods in agreement at Nehor.
Dracnoir rubs Khobra tenderly.
Speaking to Raljein, Ysharra says, "I'm just a ranger, I've never tried myself.  But watched any number of them.  The monster seemed...shocked.  Like it'd been ripped out of its own reality.  Not unlike demons when they first arrive."
Socius quietly says, "As far as my father goes, he is the one who currently owns this island."

Into the Portal Once More

[Sunset Cay, Garden]
Partially shaded by a thatched pavilion, this fecund retreat invites relaxation.  A curving two-person bench has been thoughtfully positioned just beneath the furthest edge of the pavilion to maximize morning sunshine and afternoon shade.  The garden is overflowing with lush plants and exotic flowers that lend the breeze a sultry redolence.  In the far corner of the garden, beneath the gentle shade of a sprawling fig tree, lies a freshly-turned grave.  A short path leads to a narrow glass-paned door at the back of the cabin.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a footpath leading back toward the beach and some wooden benches.
Obvious paths: none

Darcena searches around for a moment.
Elysia gazes with interest at Socius.

Lady Darcena's group just strode into a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
[Sunset Cay, Bedroom]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a sturdy door leading back to the living area, a reinforced steel hatch and a flame-edged flickering portal.
Also here: Lord Iian, Amalara, Great Lord Nehor, Socius, Mistress Naamit, Zamnier, Lady Avawren, High Lord Talinvor, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Great Lord Nazarr, Apsaras, Lord Dracnoir, Historian Khylynnia, Ysharra, Great Lord Jahadeem, Scribe Louaryne, Raljein, Maleisse, Ensayn, Spoetzel, Schultz, Arena Hero Roblar, Lady Elysia, Deyoni, Khiya, Lady Saphriel, Land Pirate Maylan, Khobra, High Lady Rohese, Ponclast, Lady Darcena
Obvious exits: none

Speaking simply to Elysia, Naamit whispers aloud, "No."
Avawren closes her eyes for a moment.
Darcena says, "Here we are."
Speaking softly to Socius, Ponclast asks, "Owns... the whole island?"
Zamnier searches around for a moment.
Apsaras gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
Khobra says, "Zhe belov Uz."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "And now you know."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "Your family must be extermely wealthy."
Socius gives a small, wry smile.

This large, formal wedding portrait has been slashed across its canvas by a jagged instrument of some kind.  The image of the young newlyweds is marred by the vicious tear, and the portrait's frame shows deep dents and gashes.

Speaking to Socius, Avawren asks, "It is terribly rude of me, and I apologize, But may I ask your surname, sir?"
Speaking incredulously to Socius, Amalara asks, "Only one person owns this entire island?"
Talinvor glances at a reinforced steel hatch.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Has he a name?"
Darcena sniffs at a small safe.
Khobra says, "No vne alloved to free her."
Darcena sniffs at a reinforced steel hatch.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Darcena sniffs at a flame-edged flickering portal.
Nazarr begins to meticulously examine a reinforced steel hatch.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "Other than father, of course."
Socius quietly says, "One mystery at a time, if you please."
Darcena glances at a double bed.
Dracnoir gazes thoughtfully at a reinforced steel hatch.
Elysia gazes in amusement at Socius.
Zamnier rolls his eyes at Socius.
Socius quietly asks, "I take it that Duvainiel is behind this hatch?"
Schultz stares at a slashed portrait.
Socius glances at a slashed portrait.
Darcena nods at Socius.
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Darcena sniffs at a slashed portrait.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "No vne alloved to free her."
Speaking to Naamit, Elysia says, "Humans."
Khobra moves to stand in front of Socius.
Naamit nods faintly at Elysia.
Rohese purses her mouth, pondering a slashed portrait.  The expression on her face speaks volumes.
Socius quietly asks, "And of course... Ilsola has the key?"
Darcena nods at Socius.
Speaking to herself, Amalara muses, "Perhaps we are chasing after the wrong mystery."
Avawren squints.
Ordim begins to twitch.
Darcena says, "We did take a wax imprint of the lock to the locksmith."
Socius grits his teeth and takes a long breath.
Darcena says, "And asked him to create a new key for us."
Darcena says, "But I haven't heard from him."
Avawren nods in agreement at Maleisse.
Raljein says, "Speaking of that girl, is she always so impulsive? She stomped away at the first sign of adversity."
Socius nods once at Darcena.
Speaking curiously to a flame-edged flickering portal, Talinvor asks, "Jilted lover, maybe?"
Darcena says, "We could check with him and see if it's finally finished."
Talinvor glances between a slashed portrait and a flame-edged flickering portal.
Ysharra gives a sidelong glance at Raljein.
The light blue glow leaves Iian.
Speaking to Raljein, Maylan says, "She's probably still shaken from being locked in that basement."
Darcena says, "But he also might have refused to take on the work."
Speaking quietly to Raljein, Socius says, "She is on edge.  Her position is in danger."
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Darcena says, "He didn't indicate one way or the other."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "More keyz, more trouble. One key, one izzue."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "As someone with authority on the island maybe you can help with this key being made."
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara asks, "Isn't it always?"
Talinvor grins at Amalara.
Darcena muses, "We could ask Ilsola to open it."
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "I certainly can.  Let us go to the locksmith."
(Raljein taps a finger on his chin thoughtfully.)
Speaking abruptly to Socius, Darcena says, "You seem to have influence."
Darcena nods at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "In a matter of speaking."
Darcena says, "Talinvor and Sarmoya helped. It was Talinvor's idea."
Darcena points at Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem says, "It is all in who you know."
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor asks, "Did the half-krol drop off the key mold like I asked?"
Talinvor says, "Ah."
Talinvor nods once.
Darcena says, "Talinvor, I did."
Darcena nods at Talinvor.
Talinvor nods approvingly.

Darcena takes the group outside too head towards the locksmith.

Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Vait.."
Elysia says, "Heir apparent, if his father really does own the whole place."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Ztop."
Darcena clears her throat.
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Ordim frowns.
Deyoni glances up.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Unlike another.."
Khobra glances at Naamit.
Ordim asks, "What type of cabin doesn't have muffins?"
Ordim scowls.
Naamit cocks her head at Khobra.
Darcena peers quizzically at Khobra.
Speaking haltingly to Khobra, Naamit mouths, "What."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "You vill not do to another az praticed."
Speaking confusedly to Khobra, Darcena says, "Socius told me to take us to the locksmith."
Speaking to Ordim, Nehor informs, "The same sort without an appreciate for theatre and the arts."
Nehor nods sagely.
Ordim nods understandingly at Nehor.
Ordim sighs.
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "I'm not sure I take your meaning, but I believe I was quite clear.  I will do what is necessary."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Ve can zpeak to her through the hatch."
Darcena frowns.
Darcena glances at Socius.
Khobra says, "No reazon to be there."
Darcena glances at Khobra.
Apsaras frowns.
Ponclast wipes some pineapple jelly off his face with his hand.
Darcena says, "I've tried to talk to her through the hatch."
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Remind us... necessary to accomplish.. what?"
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Zhe haz nothing.. ovns nothing."
Khiya glances at a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Socius quietly says, "I would be much more comfortable with a... face to face meeting."
Darcena says, "She never answers me."
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Naamit offers, "The Faendryl with an obvious hangover-slur has a point."
Khiya shivers.
Naamit shrugs.
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Zhe haz vith those not judging her."
Dracnoir glares at Naamit.
Deyoni softly asks, "So will the means justify the end result?"
Speaking haughtily to Khobra, Nehor says, "Communication is almost always preferable face to face...for reasons I am sure elude you."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "You are nev here."
Talinvor begins chuckling at Naamit!
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Jahadeem says, "You should hear me after I have had a few pints."
Sothog says, "Bloody weather."
Dracnoir glares at Nehor.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Underztand if patience azked of you."
Darcena nods at Sothog.
Nazarr says, "I can try to unlock the hatch so that you can talk to her."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Naamit says, "I'd rather not."
Khobra says, "Regarding a prizoner."
Speaking to Sothog, Darcena says, "Terribly... wet."
Speaking to Nazarr, Darcena exclaims, "Oh!"
Darcena says, "Let's do that."
Darcena nods at Nazarr.
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Jahadeem says, "You would be surprised how often I get that response."
Darcena growls ferociously at a salt-stained wooden walkway!

[Sunset Cay, Bedroom]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, a sturdy door leading back to the living area, a reinforced steel hatch and a flame-edged flickering portal.
Obvious exits: none

Darcena points at a reinforced steel hatch.
Darcena nods at Nazarr.
Nazarr detaches a vaalin-bound mist grey shard suspended from a rusty indigo chain from a vaalin-laced keyring.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem says, "I think you have some rolton on your... oh forget it.  It fell off."
Nazarr carefully weaves his spell into the air, trails of indigo and silver mist following the somatic components.  Twisting and twining, the skeins of energy slip away from him, leaving moisture to drop from his fingertips...
Nazarr gestures.
A scintillating light surrounds Nazarr's hands.
Nehor glances at Socius.
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Darcena shrugs at Jahadeem.
(Darcena wipes some of the blood off her face with the back of her hand, pauses, considers her hand, and then licks it.)
Nazarr settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a reinforced steel hatch.
Then...CLICK!  It opens!
Amalara takes a few steps back.
Darcena sniffs at a reinforced steel hatch.
Darcena beams happily at Nazarr!
Darcena just opened a reinforced steel hatch.

The Hatch is Empty

[Mist Harbor, Reinforced Cell]
The inside of the cell is stark, perfectly clean and just as bare.  No furniture of any kind is in evidence, and the steel hatch is perfectly recessed into the stonework.  A small slit is carved into the hatch, through which food can be provided and occasional conversation can be had.  Every visible surface is completely covered in runes, and the very air in the cell seems to vibrate with the ambient energies.  You also see some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Obvious exits: none

Amalara slowly empties her lungs.
Socius blinks.
Nehor glances at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Darcena gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
Socius quietly asks, "Where is she?"
Sothog blinks.
Apsaras blinks.
Talinvor raises an eyebrow in Darcena's direction.
Dracnoir swiftly runs the tip of his forefinger across some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Ordim frowns.
Darcena frowns.
Amalara points at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Talinvor gazes thoughtfully at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Jahadeem quietly says, "Read it."
Avawren breathes in slightly.
Elysia says, "Well then.  No Duvaniel today."
Ordim glances down.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Do anything outzide vhat you have, unlavful.. your meanz to an end, I've hold izzuez vith."
Socius growls under his breath.
Darcena nods slowly at Elysia.
Zamnier ponders.
Amalara says, "Seems her job is done here."
Apsaras says, "Well no prisoner."
Iian gazes thoughtfully at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Darcena frowns.
Maleisse gives her hair a small tug.  Odd.
Nazarr attaches a vaalin-bound mist grey shard suspended from a rusty indigo chain to a vaalin-laced keyring.
Socius glances at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Darcena says, "She was here."
Jahadeem quietly says, "What did Nazhor wo with her though."
Avawren searches around for a moment.
Socius quietly asks, "Were those words there before?"
Ponclast perspires delicately.
Darcena nods at Socius.
Deyoni reaches out and touches some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Sothog says, "Allegedly he was 'done' with her.  Perhaps not.  Or she had her own means of escape..."
Sothog nods at Socius.
Darcena says, "They were here when we found Elspie and Duvainiel."
Speaking sarcastically to Jahadeem, Nehor says, "Invited her for tea and crumpets, obviously."
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Is she alive? Is she dead?"
Nehor rolls his eyes.
Socius quietly asks, "Which "she" was he referring to?"
Khobra agrees with Darcena.
Darcena abruptly says, "Wait."
The scintillating light fades from Nazarr's hands.
Darcena asks, "Do you remember?"
Elysia says, "No remains, so I suppose she told him whatever he wanted and ran.  Or left the note herself and escaped."
Darcena says, "When we were there... Talking with Elspie."
Deyoni surveys her surroundings carefully.
Sothog searches around for a moment.
Darcena asks, "Do you remember the footsteps?"
Darcena asks, "And the rustling?"
(Avawren takes a half step back from the crowd, turning and looking up at the ceiling and walls.)
Amalara searches around for a moment.
Socius squints at Darcena.
Nehor folds his hands behind his back.
Darcena slowly asks, "Did she escape even back then?"
Ysharra asks, "Did she write these words, then?  When she was being controlled?"
Ponclast softly says, "Now would be a convenient time for Nazhor to shut the hatch behind us and start laughing."
Socius glances at Ponclast.
Ysharra nods at Ponclast.
Darcena shudders.
Dracnoir agrees with Ponclast.
Zamnier smirks at Ponclast.
Socius quietly says, "A point.  Let's head back out."
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor says, "Or making it look like she's the victim.."
Nazarr says, "Let's get out of here."

Lamenting the Lack of Information

[Sunset Cay, Bedroom]

Darcena says, "I will not be locked in there."
Jahadeem quietly says, "A perfectly clean and bare cell.  Seems odd to me when someone was in it."
Amalara shudders.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Socius quietly says, "We need information."
Dracnoir nods in agreement at Socius.
Jahadeem nods at Socius.
Nehor glances at Socius.
Nehor dryly says, "You don't say."
Nehor examines his fingernails.
Socius quietly says, "Cendadric is useless.  The imbecile remembers nothing."
Rohese whispers something to Avawren.
Ensayn just closed a reinforced steel hatch.
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Darcena gives a sidelong glance at Socius.
Ensayn just opened a reinforced steel hatch.
Socius quietly states, "Ilsola."
Ensayn nods.
Avawren nods at Rohese.
Socius quietly asks, "She was controlled, was she not?"
Rohese lets out a sigh of relief.
Avawren whispers something to Rohese.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Are you sure Cendadric is not just playing the imbecile?"
Darcena hesitantly says, "We were not sure."
Ysharra gives a sidelong glance at Socius.
Darcena says, "I think she was."
Darcena nods slowly at Socius.
Avawren frowns.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "I am quite positive.  He used to be a member of my family."
Darcena says, "She was far too incompetent."
Rohese glances apprehensively around the room.
Darcena says, "Bumbling."
Darcena rubs Khobra tenderly.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "My condolensces."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I am less than surprised."
Socius closes his eyes for a moment.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "She never looked hard for Elspie."
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "I'm curious... what is your family name?"
Darcena glances between Avawren and Elysia.
Avawren quietly says, "How could anyone get out of that cell."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "My father has asked that it be kept secret for now, and I will honor his wishes."
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Elysia.
Rohese bites her lip.
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena says, "Ilsola locked her in there."
Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
Darcena says, "Perhaps Ilsola let her out."
Speaking softly to Avawren, Dracnoir says, "With help..."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius asks, "Wait... Ilsola locked her in there?"
Socius growls ferociously!
Speaking quietly to Avawren, Jahadeem asks, "And who cleaned the cell so well afterwards?"
Darcena nods at Socius.
Socius quietly says, "I'm beginning to smell a rat."
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor asks, "Why?"
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "Then how did she get out? We unlocked the hatched."
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "While we were talking with Elspie."
A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.
Talinvor nods at Socius.
Darcena says, "And we heard the footsteps."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra counters, "But, a name among the five familiez. yez?"
Darcena says, "Ilsola was in here with Duvainiel."
Amalara says, "Perhaps Ilsola is not as inept as one might think."
Socius stares at Khobra.
Darcena says, "She said she was going to lock her in."
Nehor nods once at Ordim.
Avawren shifts her weight.
Darcena says, "And then I came back to check on them, and neither one were to be found."
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius asks, "What are the five families?"
Darcena frowns at a reinforced steel hatch.
Ysharra gazes heavenward.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "For someone who wishes help, it is interesting that you won't divulge the beneficary."
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena says, "Perhaps Ilsola locked it behind her when she let her out."
Darcena says, "So that I wouldn't notice."
Avawren gives a sidelong glance at Socius.
Speaking softly to Darcena, Dracnoir says, "That was my thought on the matter."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Azk Izola, ztranger."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "I will not go against my father's wishes.  He has remained anonymous all this time, and wishes to remain so."
Elysia looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem asks, "But do you find it strange that the cell was so clean?"
Darcena abruptly says, "I'm tired of standing in here armpit to armpit with you all."
Louaryne raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.
Darcena says, "Some of you haven't bathed in weeks."
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "I assure you... my father is the sole owner of this island.  He purchased it from the Chronomages."
Darcena says, "I'm going back to the dock."
Ensayn glances at Darcena and raises his hand.
Speaking to Darcena, Talinvor asks, "If Ilsola were to be lawful, in attempting to gain the truth - why would she have locked this?"
Avawren blinks.
Khylynnia begins chortling at Darcena.
Ensayn pours a few drops of perfume from his grey crystal flask on himself.


A Chat at the Dock

[Sunset Cay, Dock]
This dock is weathered but sturdy and stretches out towards the open sea a short ways.  Despite the motion of the waves underneath its surface, the dock remains firm, anchored by sturdy support columns at regular intervals.  A small wooden dinghy is securely tied to one of the farthest columns with a length of thick rope.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around and a short wooden dock.
Obvious paths: none

Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "That's interesting, as well.  The Chronomages part with precious little."
Darcena pants.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Khylynnia says, "I bathed yesterday."
Darcena says, "Much better."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Chronomage mages, mages of the Faendryl empire."
Khylynnia grins at Darcena.
Nazarr asks, "How did the Chronomages acquire title to the island?"
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "For enough coin, they will part with anything."
Socius quietly says, "In my experience."
Elysia gazes in amusement at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Can you tell us how much the chronomage was paid for the island?"
Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Your father did? I wasn't aware that the island had gone back for sale since Mist Harbor was founded."
Apsaras frowns.
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Socius says, "They discovered it, mostly abandoned."
Speaking to Darcena, Khobra says, "Zee, zaid tvo that tim."
Darcena kneels down.
Nazarr asks, "So they may have sold something that they did not own?"
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Khobra.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Are you sure there isn't a catch, somewhere, a bit of fine print that will allow them to reclaim title?"
Elysia grins at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Jahadeem says, "I might have a bridge to sell."
Socius quietly says, "While a history lesson would surely be fun, it gets us nowhere closer to finding this maniac and figuring out what his plan is."
Socius sighs at Elysia.
(Darcena reaches over and trails her fingers through the water with one hand while the other pulls out a rolton leg.)
Darcena grabs a rolton leg from a small pocket inside of her black leather coat.
Nazarr nods at Jahadeem.
Darcena flashes a quick grin at Khobra.
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Elysia chortles softly at some secret joke.
Rohese glances up.
Speaking hesitantly to Socius, Khobra says, "Indeed."
Speaking quietly to Elysia, Socius says, "I have the utmost respect for my father.  When he passes, I shall take ownership of the island, and he is very old.  I need no other machination but time."
Nehor whines, "I am out of ale."
Speaking to Socius, Louaryne says, "Well, for an owner's son you've a lot of questions with no answers, if you'll pardon me for saying so."
Nehor grumbles.
Darcena nods at Nehor.
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Jahadeem says, "Starting to wonder if someone thinks the island is really theirs and is upset over the current ownership."
Darcena nods at Louaryne.
Amalara glances at Nehor.
Darcena agrees, "He's no better than the rest of them."
Speaking to Socius, Elysia says, "You misunderstand;  the Chronomages have a habit of reclaiming what they've previously sold."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Nazarr says, "I concur."
Speaking quietly to Louaryne, Socius says, "I have been away from the island for a long time, relying on reports from someone who appears more and more unreliable with every breath."
Avawren slowly folds one arm over the silk of her mauve silk gown, trailing the fingers of her other hand idly against her collarbone.
Nehor nods slowly at Ysharra.
Ordim nods knowingly at Elysia.
Ordim nervously giggles.
Nazarr nods at Elysia.
Speaking slowly to Socius, Naamit murmurs, "Nothing but time..."
Apsaras nods slowly.
Naamit smirks.
Socius glances at Naamit.
Jahadeem quietly says, "This is starting to sound more like a battle over the ownership of the Island."
Khobra blinks.
Socius quietly asks, "Where is Ilsola?"
Louaryne says, "Yet, you still listen to them."
Darcena exasperatedly asks, "What kind of magic does Elspie do that all this is happening at her place?"
Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "I wonder where Pengrove is."
Ordim ponders.
Nehor darkly mutters, "First they make me rush around hither and thither chasing slime and mold, then we insist on standing in the rain, and now no ale?"
Khobra says, "Zafe."
Ordim surveys the area.
Speaking curiously to Socius, Talinvor asks, "Do you feel Ilsola is in cahoots?"
Nehor sighs.
Khobra asks, "Vhy?"
Socius quietly asks, "I should ask, where does she sleep?"
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Darcena asks, "And why did Nazhor want her eliminated so badly?"
Jahadeem quietly says, "In her bed."
Khobra says, "Her."
Jahadeem chuckles.
Darcena asks, "What did he learn from her?"
Speaking to Socius, Khiya says, "Don't feel responsible, she always seemed like a good person."
Speaking softly to Louaryne, Deyoni says, "I am not sure who I want to win yet, is why."
Socius quietly says, "I need to speak with her."
Ordim giggles at Jahadeem.
Khobra says, "Place... iz HEr place."
Khobra says, "Private."
Spoetzel covers his eyes with his hands.
Socius slowly empties his lungs.
Darcena stands up.
Speaking to Nehor, Amalara says, "Somehow I doubt anyone can *make* you do anything you do not wish to do."
Socius quietly says, "This is getting us nowhere."
Khobra says, "Zpeak during buzinezz hourz."
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "We should know? It's your Island, man."
Lady Darcena strides away moving heading for Hale Hall, her group following close behind.
Darcena mutters, "Sure hope we have everybody."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Vaz not zuppoze to. Thiz iz only your Hello night."
Nehor disdainfully declares, "Luukos take the hindmost."
Nehor yawns.
Greng just arrived.
Greng just went east.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "Anyone have any traveling music?"
Darcena yells, "Ilsola!"
Ysharra snickers at Nehor.
Greng just arrived.
Ordim surveys the area.
Speaking to Nehor, Ysharra says, "He gets a better cut than that."

Ilsola is Captured

[Hale Hall]
Polished river rocks spread across the floor, their rounded edges illuminated by the sunlight that pours in through the windows located high above in the domed ceiling.  Pillars crafted in the semblance of bamboo poles rise from the teak flooring, to create arches that lead north and east, while a set of double oak doors occupies the western wall.  You also see a bamboo-framed white parchment sign.
Obvious exits: north, east, out

Ordim giggles.
Ysharra grins slowly at Nehor.
Nehor wails, "I didnt have a chance to get more ale!"
Ordim exclaims, "He's not real!"
A boom of thunder can be heard outside.
Darcena growls ferociously!
Ordim glances down.
Darcena yells, "Ilsola!"
Darcena nods slowly at Khobra.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Khobra gently rests her hand on Darcena's shoulder.
Darcena snarls menacingly!
Nehor amusedly exclaims, "Yes, start yelling with an angry, well armed mob. She's sure to come!"
Jahadeem yells, "Ilsola! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"
Ilsola just arrived.
Ordim absently rubs his hand over a knitted dark grey satchel as he seems to be lost in a daydream.
Khobra says, "No, ztop."
Ysharra says, "I wonder if something happened to her while we were chasing after sludges and spirits."
Ilsola asks, "What is this about?"
Nehor glances at Ilsola.
Socius turns to face Ilsola.
Khobra glances at Ilsola.
Darcena glances between Ilsola and Nehor.
Talinvor says, "Why do you think she's in a locker...err. Oh."
Speaking smugly to Nehor, Darcena says, "Wrong again."
A strange look passes over Ordim's face as he lifts his a knitted dark grey satchel to his ear. his concentrates for a moment before returning the satchel back down where it belongs, apparently satisfied with what he heard.
Dracnoir turns to face Ilsola.
Talinvor glances at Ilsola.
Ysharra looks thoughtfully at Ilsola.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Socius asks, "Where is Duvainiel?"
Apsaras turns to face Ilsola.
Speaking to his dark grey satchel, Ordim says, "Shhhh."
Sothog says, "Could be."
Ordim places his hand on his dark grey satchel.
Amalara grins at Talinvor.
Deyoni turns to face Ilsola.
Nehor airily says, "Never underestimate stupidity."
Speaking to Socius, Ilsola says, "In her cell, of course."
Nehor sighs.
Ilsola laughs nervously.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem says, "She is not there."
Socius shakes his head.
Nazarr says, "No, she's not."
Socius quietly says, "We were just there."
Avawren says, "Will everyone please calm down ... rabbling at the poor woman won't get answers."
Ysharra whispers something to Ilsola.
Apsaras says, "Empty cell."
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem exclaims, "And the cell is completely clean!"
Darcena says, "She is not there."
Speaking to Ilsola, Sothog says, "She didn't appear to be there when we checked."
Ordim stares at his dark grey satchel.
Ilsola says, "How did you open the cell?  I have the only key..."
Darcena glances at Nazarr.
Nehor stares at Ilsola.
Raljein says, "A bit of finesse."
Speaking frankly to Ilsola, Darcena says, "We have skills."
Talinvor loses some awareness.
Elysia says, "We perhaps have a rogue."
Nazarr says, "Hello, I'm a locksmith."
Ponclast chuckles.
Talinvor grins at Ilsola.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem says, "Well see we found another key."
Ysharra grins at Nazarr.
Speaking disdainfully to Ilsola, Nehor notes, "How do you even live?"
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Socius says, "It doesn't matter.  Where.  Is.  She."
Speaking to Nazarr, Ordim exclaims, "Hello! I'm an Ordim!"
Darcena flashes a quick grin at Nazarr.
Ordim beams!
Speaking to Nazarr, Ysharra says, "You are most handy."
Darcena glances at Nazarr and makes a little purring sound.
Ilsola asks, "I... I'm sure I don't know?"
Avawren hums quietly to herself.
Speaking softly to Ilsola, Dracnoir says, "And with that in mind... one has to wonder if you ever locked her in there..."
Speaking to Ilsola, Talinvor says, "Never underestimate a bard's ingenuity."
Avawren looks thoughtfully at Ilsola.
Naamit takes a drink from her porcelain tea bowl.
Speaking to Ilsola, Nehor mocks, "That you manage to walk across a hall without tripping and breaking your neck *astounds* me."
Socius quietly says, "This is pointless."
Deyoni gazes in amusement at Ilsola.
Rohese frowns at Nehor.
Speaking to her diamond-scaled snake, Khobra says, "I get that zenze I've abou to have to cut zomeone. Better get zafe."
Khobra put an enormous diamond-scaled snake in her ebon longcoat.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem asks, "Do you happen to have any lapses in memory or time?"
Nehor sighs disgustedly.
Speaking to Ilsola, Darcena demands, "You will answer all of Socius' questions."
Deyoni helpfully says, "Perhaps she doesn't know...."
Talinvor asks, "But why would someone 'locked up' be in some sort of hatch.. rather than town lockup?"
Speaking to Ilsola, Darcena says, "You have been nothing but incompetent."
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Jahadeem asks, "Do you think you could have been mind controlled?"
Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese murmurs, "Manners!"
Socius fishes a small whistle out from under his tunic and blows it.  A low note sounds through the room.
Ilsola blinks at Socius.
Elysia raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara asks, "Guards ask questions?"
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Avawren says, "Which she could answer more clearly if she weren't terrified."
Speaking to Talinvor, Khobra says, "If you are azking, you mizzed much of the anzver."
Ordim ponders.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit snaps, "Are you calling your dogs again?"
Naamit folds her arms over her chest.
Darcena frowns at Avawren.
Darcena barks wildly at Naamit!
Speaking to Khobra, Talinvor says, "Hard to understand or hear over the din."
Maleisse nods at Ordim.
Speaking to Naamit, Ysharra says, "I'd say so."
Sothog asks, "There is a third option.  Perhaps the appearance of not being in the cell is the issue here?  Perhaps she never left...?"
Sothog shrugs.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Could Ilsola been mind controlled and not known she let her out?"
Naamit quips, "Well apparently that worked."
Speaking to Amalara, Khobra says, "Thoze involved, magic needed to confine like magic."
Naamit smirks at Darcena.
Two large men stap into the hall and seize Ilsola by the arms, dragging her away as she starts to protest.
Speaking to Sothog, Ysharra says, "Because she was never there."
Speaking to Rohese, Nehor counters, "Do no good when one cannot appreciate them. It would be a waste to show to this one."
Jahadeem quietly says, "Ad aparently cleaned the cage afterwards."
Ordim blinks.
Socius nods once.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Sothog says, "That's a possble option, too."
Rohese gasps.
Khiya gasps.
Naamit slowly empties her lungs.
Maylan says, "How rude..."
Deyoni glances away.
Ponclast frowns.
Rohese clasps her hand over her mouth.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Sothog blinks.
Zamnier blinks.
Socius quietly says, "She needs to be questioned."
Apsaras blinks.
Nehor happily says, "Plus, it seems we'll have a show after all."
Maleisse frowns.
Ordim looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Socius quietly says, "And now I know she will be."
Nehor snickers.
Talinvor says, "That's a useful whistle."
Speaking to Socius, Ordim asks, "How are your goons at baking?"
Socius nods once at Talinvor.
Ordim ponders.
Deyoni glances suspiciously at Socius.
Avawren glances at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Hold on."
Louaryne raises an eyebrow.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "If she was mind controlled will she even be able to answer the questions?"
Speaking to Talinvor, Darcena murmurs, "I wouldn't mind having two men show up whenever I asked."
Ordim's stomach growls.
Speaking to Socius, Ysharra says, "Seems like a lot of things happen without your control."
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "We will find out."
Speaking flatly to Socius, Avawren asks, "And she will be unharmed?"
Speaking to himself, Ordim says, "I could use some goons."
Ordim sighs.
Schultz says, "I hope none of us have to be dragged away."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "There vaz nothing juzt in that."
Speaking quietly to Ysharra, Socius says, "Not for long."
Speaking amusedly to Darcena, Talinvor says, "You just show up at the pub."
Darcena grins slowly at Talinvor.
Dracnoir looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius says, "She will be treated as well as can be expected."
Speaking to Socius, Ysharra says, "Chaos beckons."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Can you also see if she knows who cleaned the room?"
Jahadeem glances to one side, then freezes, his eyes growing wide as he begins to perspire.  After a moment, he gasps and flinches forward, then turns to stare wild-eyed, though nothing can be seen.

[Editor's Note: Jahadeem saw: At the edge of your vision you see a scarlet-clad figure enter the area.  Its features are indistinct at best, but its posture and gait are... wrong.  One shoulder of the vaguely humanoid form is higher than the other, and it proceeds forward with a severe, painful-looking limp.  Its progress is slow, and you look around to see if anyone else has seen it.  Noting the lack of reaction from those around you, you turn back and notice with a chill that the figure is much closer to you than before, still proceeding at the same plodding pace.  You can just make out a sneer across its face before it disappears.  You blink in surprise, then feel hot breath on the back of your neck, whispering "WVOSOSQMMPRVKE".  When you whirl around, there is nothing to be seen.]

Avawren looks at Socius and hums.
Speaking softly to herself, Rohese comments, "This is all so wrong!"
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "As well as can be expected?"
Nazarr says, "Well, that's impractical. Most people will say anything to make torture stop."
Ordim glances at Nehor.
Rohese shakes her head.
Ordim begins to twitch.
Deyoni agrees with Rohese.
Jahadeem quietly asks, "What just happeed?"
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "She has done nothing wrong that we know of."
Ysharra nods at Nazarr.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "Someone else could have broken the lock just as we did."
Darcena scowls at Socius.
Jahadeem quietly says, "I jsut had a vision."
Ordim says, "Great goons get green goobers going "Gah!"."
Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?"
Sothog says, "That could be a problem, certainly."
Spoetzel cowers.
Amalara smiles at Rohese.
Sothog mutters under his breath.
Speaking to Socius, Ysharra says, "You stood a much better chance of us asking her than whatever your creeps will do."
Jahadeem quietly says, "Scarlet-clad figure."
Speaking flatly to Socius, Darcena asks, "Is this how you treated Cendadric?"
Apsaras cocks her head at Jahadeem.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra repeats, "I repeat, there was nothing Juzt in that. Releaze her."
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "She lied on her reports.  She refuses to even admit that Nazhor is still a problem.  She's a coward, a weakling, and an amateur.  She would get us all killed."
Maylan is admiring Socius.
Speaking soothingly to Rohese, Amalara asks, "It is rather unconventional, isn't it?"
Speaking curiously to Darcena, Talinvor asks, "Who said she was 'away' while her house was renovated?"
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir asks, "And what, pray-tell, will you do with whatever information you get?  You have involved all of us in this... affair...  Will you fill us in on what you learn?"
Rohese nods in agreement at Amalara.
Naamit nods approvingly at Maylan.
Speaking softly to Socius, Deyoni says, "Says you."
Socius nods at Dracnoir.
Speaking to Socius, Nehor agrees, "Incompetence is not to be tolerated."
Socius nods once at Nehor.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Darcena agrees, "Well, I won't argue with that."
Speaking to Socius, Nazarr says, "That may be so, but it does not prove complicity with Nazhor."
Dracnoir nods once at Socius.
Socius quietly says, "Or at the very least those who are guilty of it will be accountable."
Ysharra nods once at Nazarr.
Speaking softly to Socius, Ponclast asks, "Can we at least witness the questioning to be sure the measures are appropriate?"
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Socius says, "She does not need to be complicit to have information that can help us find Nazhor."
Socius looks thoughtfully at Ponclast.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "As your father owns the island ... does she work for your father?"
Ysharra says, "Guilty of being as confused as you are, apparently."
Nehor approvingly says, "A fine stance to take, and one so few are willing to for whatever reason. This bodes well for the safety of your Isle."
Ysharra nods at Socius.
Speaking quietly to Ponclast, Socius says, "I can arrange that, yes."
Speaking softly to Amalara, Rohese explains, "I've known Ilsola for years, this is just ... wrong."
The bright luminescence fades from around Zamnier.
Maleisse states, "Ilsola has been nothing but a beacon for Mist Harbor."
Rohese glances out.
Khobra says, "Echo."
Speaking to Nehor, Talinvor says, "More efficent than elven diplomacy, anyway."
Rohese nods in agreement at Maleisse.
Khobra glances at Rohese.
Speaking curiously to Socius, Nehor inquires, "When...and where...will she be held for questioning? So we may obseerve?"
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Nehor smirks at Talinvor.
Speaking carefully to Socius, Avawren says, "While I certainly understand the distaste for incompetence, showing an iron hand to this particular lot generally causes more problems than it is worth."
Naamit winks at Elysia and flashes a sly grin.
Avawren nods respectfully at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "That I'd like tae listen tae."
Darcena paces back and forth.
Louaryne gazes with a distinctly annoyed countenance at Socius.
Jahadeem quietly says, "I think the island is currently a dictatorship of sorts from what we know at the moment."
Elysia grins at Naamit.
Ordim shrugs at Jahadeem.
Deyoni nods at Jahadeem.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Ordim says, "As long as the pie cart stays open."
Deyoni softly says, "So it would seem."
Ordim furrows his brow.
Speaking wryly to Nehor, Talinvor says, "We're not pondering events, and what-to-do's over tea."
Ysharra winks at Nehor.
Darcena mutters, "What now?"
Socius quietly says, "I will hold her for now, and I will question her four days hence.  In my experience, that's the appropriate length of time for individuals to have their tongues loosened."
Darcena abruptly asks, "We haven't heard any more pops, have we?"
Ensayn grunts loudly in annoyance and impatience!
Speaking slowly to Socius, Naamit muses, "Loosened you say."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Would it be possible to get a transcript of your questioniing?"
Speaking to Socius, Louaryne asks, "Your experience?"
Speaking regretfully to Talinvor, Nehor says, "Though...ale would be good right now."
Speaking to Avawren, Darcena says, "I think we should spend some time searching for this temple."
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "Listen here mister, I didn't rescue that lovely lady from a basement just so you can lock her back up again."
Ysharra whispers something to Naamit.
Socius quietly says, "I will do so in a manner that will allow those who wish to observe to do so."
Ysharra kisses Naamit tenderly on the cheek.
Speaking to Socius, Nazarr asks, "Question her where?"
Avawren nods at Darcena.
Speaking to Rohese, Amalara says, "It is rather harsh, perhaps the poor woman has made a mistake or two. If only she would admit it, things might go easier."
Speaking to Nehor, Talinvor says, "You seem more of a ... wine person."
Sothog nods at Socius.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan exclaims, "I demand you release her at once!"
Speaking to Socius, Khiya says, "Safer that way, really."
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Socius says, "An appropriate venue will be found."
Rohese studies Socius, giving him an intense consideration.
Maylan pulls off her bistre fur mittens and bunches them up in one hand.
Ysharra kisses Naamit tenderly on the cheek.
Talinvor chuckles.
Speaking to Socius, Elysia asks, "Forgive me, but... isn't she an employee of yours, of sorts?"
Ysharra nods at Nazarr.
Appearing lost in the commotion around him, Ordim's eyes slowly begin to cross as he stares off into the distance.  Abruptly, Ordim shakes his head, and his eyes focus forward.

Back to the Commons

[Gardenia Commons]
The soft, soothing sound of the carved marble fountain that dominates Gardenia Commons breaks the silence of day.  Bright sunlight dapples the area in a warm glow and reflects off the water pouring into the fountain, causing rainbows of ethereal light to dance across the mist that clings to the cobblestone street.  A light, thin layer of dew glistens on the wrought iron benches that encircle the fountain.  You also see an enraged mountain spirit that is flying around, the Archales disk, a white ceramic cup, a glass of coconut rum, a mug of dark brown Tamzyrr tea, a snow white raven, a large grey tent covering the majority of the Commons, a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry with some stuff on it, a rickety raffle table with some stuff on it, a wide-mouthed wicker basket and an official notice posted on the side of the fountain.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Darcena helps herself to a rolton leg.
Naamit kisses Ysharra tenderly on the cheek.
Speaking to Talinvor, Nehor admits, "One cannot be too picky, when one is hosted in multiple cities with different tastes."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "What exactly is the justice system on the Island?"
Ysharra kisses Darcena tenderly on the cheek.
Darcena mutters, "Got hungry."
Speaking to Darcena, Avawren says, "I agree, though perhaps someone else saw a clearer view than I did."
Crime quietly exclaims, "Aha found you all!"
Darcena hugs Ysharra.
(Maylan slaps Socius across the face with her mitten!)
Crime grins.
Ordim points at Crime.
Nehor blinks.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "I challenge you....to a DUEL."
Avawren glances over at Maylan and winces.
Apsaras blinks.
Maylan puts on her bistre fur mittens and slaps her hands together.
Dracnoir blinks at Maylan.
Socius sighs at Maylan.
Nehor glances between Maylan and Socius.
Ordim gawks at Maylan.
The shadows swirl around Khobra's black ora longsword.
Ysharra smiles at Rohese.
Avawren slaps herself on the forehead.
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Socius states, "You are drunk."
Ordim covers his eyes with his hands.
Raljein chuckles.
Speaking to Socius, Maylan exclaims, "That is beside the point!"
Zamnier smirks.
Nazarr says, "She's always drunk."
Nehor happily exclaims, "Finally!"
Dracnoir shakes his head.
Nehor glances at a stein of cold golden ale in his hand as if it really needs a hug.
Socius dryly says, "I'm sure."
Nazarr says, "That doesn't matter."
Spoetzel asks, "Will anybody be able to check on Ilsola?"
Spoetzel gives his black toy pixie a warm hug.
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Jahadeem asks, "Would Maylan even deny that?"
Speaking to Maylan, Sothog says, "I'm  not certain that's wise."
Dracnoir raises an eyebrow.
Speaking to Jahadeem, Nazarr says, "Of course not. That's the point."
Speaking quietly to Spoetzel, Socius says, "She will be held and cared for, then produced in four days for questioning."
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Zhe the zecond to demand Her releaze."
Maylan asks, "So you're all going to just let this man arrest that lovely young lady?"
(Darcena takes a bite from the leg in her left hand and then a bite from the one in her right hand. She appears completely distracted.)
Talinvor glances between Socius and Maylan.
Talinvor takes a bite of his nutty toffee popcorn.
Maylan glances around the area.
Socius sighs.
Spoetzel cowers away from Socius.
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Socius quietly says, "She will not be harmed in any way during her incarceration."
Ordim glances nervously at Maylan.
Naamit amusedly echoes, "Well cared for he says."
Speaking embarrassedly to Maylan, Ordim admits, "Yes?"
Spoetzel softly says, "Maybe somebody else should look in . ."
Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "I wish I could believe you."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "How can we be sure of that."
Naamit winks at Socius and flashes a sly grin.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Az Zhe mentioned, Not the point. Releaze her.. Nov."
Socius quietly says, "The proof shall be in four days, when she is produced unharmed."
Ponclast softly says, "We should give him the benefit of the doubt for now, I think."
Louaryne says, "However, you claimed you're going to loosen up her tongue."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "How do you plan to keep her safe from the ripples?"
Deyoni softly says, "He is buying time for something else."
Speaking softly to Socius, Amalara says, "Treat her gently please, there are people here who care for her."
Dracnoir nods in agreement at Deyoni.
Speaking curiously to Amalara, Talinvor asks, "Why?"
Avawren nods in agreement at Amalara.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "You vill releaze her Nov, elze fine yourzelf in an uncomfortable pozition for many fortnightz."
Spoetzel nods faintly.
Speaking quietly to Jahadeem, Socius says, "I can no more keep her safe than I can keep any of us safe from whatever that phenomenon might be.  This is why we Must.  Find.  Nazhor."
Speaking to Socius, Maylan exclaims, "Release her!"
Maylan taps the tip of her twining zydris runestaff on the ground.
Maylan thumps her mop-fringed pegleg on the ground in three rapid successions.
Deyoni softly says, "Hold him responsible now... why wait."
Nehor slowly empties his lungs.
Ordim blinks at Naamit.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Speaking seriously to Socius, Khobra says, "Lazt Varning."
Talinvor walks over to the benches and settles down.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem asks, "Because of the ripples and Nazhor might we bring her back to say the Landing for you?"
Speaking to Talinvor, Amalara says, "For her friend who seems....rather fragile at the moment."
Elysia leans against a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Amalara glances at Rohese.
Jahadeem quietly says, "She might be safer there."
Amalara shrugs.
Khobra remarks, "Queztion her yez/."
Elysia gazes with interest at a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Khobra says, "Under freedom."
Avawren rolls her eyes.
Louaryne agrees with Darcena.
Schultz rubs Spoetzel gently.
Talinvor grins at Ordim.
Dracnoir nods in agreement at Khobra.
Rohese glances apprehensively at Naamit.
Khobra says, "You have only a fev momentz more to comply."
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "Keep your threats to yourself.  There is a significantly better target for your ire."
Ordim gawks at Talinvor.
Rohese furrows her brow.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "Outnumbered here."
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Amalara says, "I must be off, perhaps someone will tell me if anything else of note occurs."
Ordim blinks.
Nehor wearily says, "Must we always resort to threats? "Oh no he is keeping a prisoner, how terrible of him! I must threaten him until he obeys me!"."
Nehor rolls his eyes.
Khobra says, "Look at your oddz."
Elysia offhandedly says, ""I'm still not sure how we are supposed to find Nahzor."
Socius sighs.
Khobra says, "You cannot take uz all on."
Sothog says, "If we are to hold Nazhor responsible for his actions, we have to catch him first."
Khobra says, "Again..."
Khobra says, "Posture defensive."
Speaking to Khobra, Talinvor says, "You should be careful who you threaten."
Ordim walks to stand behind a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra says, "You call.."
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius says, "I will not need to.  Keep your threats behind your tongue."
Ordim squints.
Speaking to Khobra, Darcena says, "I thought you said -I- had a temper."
Maylan says, "I"m not sure what she has is a tongue, exactly."
Avawren sighs.
Dracnoir raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.
Nehor whispers something to Socius.
Raljein thoughtfully says, "What if she's just trying to get thrown in the same cell? Brilliant."
Speaking to Khobra, Talinvor says, "By the looks of him, he has been in a few scraps."
Avawren nods slowly at Darcena.
Looking at Khobra, Darcena holds her sides and lets out a rumbling belly laugh.
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Nehor glances between Socius and Khobra.
Socius looks thoughtfully at Nehor.
Nehor folds his hands behind his back.
Speaking to Raljein, Talinvor says, "Neh, she'll go to the regular lockup."
Avawren quietly says, "Fighting at the moment will gain absolutely nothing, and harm much."
Speaking to Socius, Maylan says, "I declare you a coward for declining my duel."
Schultz says, "Threats are everywhere. Spoken or not. Let them be known."
Maylan thumps her mop-fringed pegleg on the ground in three rapid successions.
Darcena snickers at Maylan.
Dracnoir rolls his eyes at Maylan.
Talinvor wryly says, "He probably doesn't even need his whistle."
Nazarr says, "Let's check the regular lockup and see if she's there."
Speaking to Maylan, Khobra says, "Zeveral.. duelz."
Crime praises Maylan.
Talinvor grins crookedly.
Ensayn grunts pensively, deep in thought.
Khobra says, "Act once for an unjuzt action."
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Jahadeem says, "You know he can probably go to his father and bar you from the island."
Speaking quietly to Khobra, Socius asks, "Do you plan to continue this charade?"
Speaking to Talinvor, Raljein asks, "I do not know much about the justice here, I must admit. Is threatening this man akin to treason, do you think?"
Speaking softly to Khobra, Ponclast says, "In four days we will all be glad to act if he's gone back on his promise."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Maylan asks, "What's this about a bar, you say?"
Nazarr says, "After all, we have no evidence that the guards took her to the lockup..."
Ensayn glances between Khobra and Socius.
Dracnoir nods in agreement at Nazarr.
Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.
Darcena nods slowly at Nazarr.
Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.
Speaking to Nazarr, Darcena asks, "Would you like to go check?"
Speaking to Ponclast, Khobra says, "You've not been her four monthz along four dayz."
Ordim squints.
Nazarr says, "And Nazhor can suborn anyone."
Darcena glances at a pile of rolton legs on a long wooden table with an assortment of food and drink on it, and covered by a large awning to keep everything dry.
Speaking to Maylan, Elysia says, "Drink."
Nazarr says, "Yes."
Elysia leans softly against Maylan.
Eiyo says, "Well just because something isn't witnessed doesn't mean it didn't happen."
Elysia pours herself a shot of well-aged whiskey.
Eiyo says, "Or that it did, for that matter."
Elysia takes a drink from her well-aged whiskey.
Speaking softly to Socius, Dracnoir says, "Nazarr makes a very good point..."
Darcena smiles weakly at Nazarr as she glances back at the legs.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra asks, "I look the zort to repeat myzelf?"
Avawren shifts her weight.
Socius mutters under his breath.
Ensayn grunts hungrily, motioning for food.
Speaking to Raljein, Talinvor says, "It's his island. So.. eii, at least get you in a cell. At worst, citizenship may be... limited."
Speaking amusedly to Khobra, Nehor says, "...You do, actually."
Socius put a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade in his leather pouch.
Socius turns to face Nazarr.
Ordim snaps his fingers, looking quite disappointed.
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "I wish I could convince you to allow Ilsola to stay in a Landing prison and be brought back for questioning.  It would be safer for her and any information she may have.  But if you really want her here, then remember many of us will hold you personally repsonsible for anything that may happen to her."
Khobra removes a pure potion from in her midnight black cloak.
Speaking quietly to Nazarr, Socius says, "I apologize, my attention was elsewhere."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Darcena says, "Nazhor goes to the Landing, too."
Darcena says, "And River's Rest."
Khobra folds her arms over her chest.
Darcena says, "His reach is everywhere."
Speaking to Socius, Nazarr says, "More than understandable."
Darcena says, "Even those in the Elven Nations have seen his visions."
Ordim casually brushes a clump of dirt off his patchwork longcloak, and it lands right at Louaryne's feet!
Ordim glances down.
Speaking to Louaryne, Ordim says, "Watch your step."
Ordim points down.
Avawren quietly says, "Not to mention I'm certain the Landing has it's own problems."
Lightning streaks down from the sky, crackling and charging the air.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Avawren dusts off her hands.
Louaryne nods.
Darcena nods at Avawren.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Jahadeem says, "Sounded liek the ripples were only happening here at the moment."
Socius quietly says, "Again... Ilsola will be produced, unharmed, in four days time.  If she is in any way harmed, I will put myself at your...."
Socius glances at Khobra.
Darcena says, "We don't know that Nazhor is causing the ripples."
Socius quietly says, "Tender mercies."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Avawren says, "They are not."
Maleisse nods slowly.
Apsaras nods slowly.
Speaking to Socius, Khobra remarks, "Agreed."
Speaking to Jahadeem, Nehor informs, "The visions also have extended as far north as Icemule..."
Khobra waves a hand at Socius, dismissing him indifferently.
Socius quietly says, "And when I do produce her... completely unscathed... you will know that I speak the truth."
Khobra glances away.
Darcena nods at Nehor.
Darcena looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.
Rohese glances skeptically at Socius.
Deyoni softly asks, "Is that how long it takes to submit her to ... brain washing?"
Maylan mutters under her breath.
Maylan stows her twining zydris runestaff in her runestaff sling with a quick burst of violet energy.
Speaking amusedly to Khobra, Talinvor asks, "Tender mercies?"
Khiya folds her arms over her chest.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena asks, "Do you speak the absolute truth and only the truth at all times?"
Ordim blinks at Darcena.
Speaking to Talinvor, Khobra says, "I knov vhere going, don't."
Khobra smirks at Talinvor.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "I am completely capable of lying to suit my purposes, as are all."
Talinvor laughs at Khobra!
Katiesa gives a sidelong glance at Socius.
Darcena nods slowly at Socius.
Speaking casually to Socius, Naamit interjects, "May I see one of your eonake daggers as collateral for the sheer audacity of your affront against mine solemn property?"
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "Actions mean more than words ever could."
Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.
Deyoni softly says, "When he returns her, she will not be the same. I bet he can promise that too."
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
Khobra smirks at Talinvor.
Speaking to Socius, Darcena says, "You do know that Luukos will take your soul if you keep it up."
Speaking fondly to Avawren, Rohese says, "Thank you for your kind assistance earlier, I'm feeling a little better now."
Darcena flashes a quick grin at Socius.
Katiesa looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Speaking quietly to Darcena, Socius says, "My soul is in good hands."
Nehor nods slowly.
Deyoni glances up.
Speaking to herself, Darcena mutters, "And he'll eat it."
Darcena takes a bite of her rolton leg.
Speaking amusedly to Socius, Naamit says, "Isn't that refreshing."
Speaking curiously to Socius, Darcena asks, "Whose?"
Speaking teasingly to Darcena, Talinvor says, "I think you wouldn't mind a bite first."
Darcena blushes a light pink shade at Talinvor.
Darcena glances at a rolton leg in her hand.
Socius quietly says, "For tonight... I have a report to write.  Thank you all for coming out.  I will see you in four days, for Ilsola's questioning.  A messenger will be sent with the location and time."
Speaking quietly to Socius, Jahadeem says, "I look forward to seeing your word is kept and that your tongue has no need of being anywhere than its current position."
Naamit turns to face Socius.
Khobra squints at Socius.
Naamit holds out her palm, looking for a handout.
Speaking softly to Avawren, Rohese introduces, "I'm Rohese, by the way.  Forgive my manners."
Ordim nods.
Elysia looks thoughtfully at Socius.
Ensayn says, "Hopefully it's in your hands.   A sould is not a good thing to trade away."
Nehor nods once at Socius.
Socius ponders.
Khobra squints at Naamit.
Dracnoir nods at Socius.
Socius removes a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade from in his leather pouch.
Apsaras nods at Socius.
Avawren blinks at Rohese.
Jahadeem waves to Socius.
Khylynnia leans on Ordim, giving him a companionable grin.
Ordim mutters something about reports.
Speaking to Socius, Naamit states, "An eonake dagger. The one with the runes."
Avawren's jaw drops.
Ordim furrows his brow.
Khylynnia sniffs at Ordim.
Sothog nods at Socius.
Khiya nods slowly.
Nehor dryly says, "Well, this was all quite entertaining. Time to see what other entertainments are on offer."
Ordim says, "I once had to write a report."
Nehor yawns.
Khylynnia gives Ordim a playful bite.
Ordim scowls.
Ordim flails his arms about.
Ordim exclaims, "Ow!"
Ordim glances nervously at Khylynnia.
Speaking confusedly to Rohese, Avawren asks, "You are ... Lady Rohese?"
Maylan pours herself a shot of well-aged whiskey.
Ordim clutches his arm in obvious pain.
Avawren raises an eyebrow.
Maylan snorts!
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Khylynnia says, "Sorry, you smelled like a muffin."
Rohese blushes a rosy pink shade at Avawren.
Ordim whimpers.
Rohese nods slowly at Avawren.
Darcena bursts out in loud, raucous laughter at Khylynnia.
Ordim cowers away from Khylynnia.
Socius offers Naamit a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade.
Deyoni shifts her weight.
Khiya ponders.
Avawren beams!
Speaking to Khylynnia, Ordim accuses, "She bit me!."
Naamit accepts Socius's eonake dagger.
Speaking concernedly to Avawren, Rohese asks, "Is that a good thing?"
Ordim frowns.
Rohese giggles to herself.
Naamit nods with satisfaction at Socius.
Jahadeem turns to Naamit and cheers!
Speaking idly to Socius, Darcena says, "Maybe she'll want that more than the bauble you took."
Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "We are even then, until we are not."
Speaking quietly to Ordim, Khylynnia exclaims, "Don't smell like muffins then!"
Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "I will keep your artifact safe, I promise you."
Khylynnia giggles at Ordim.
Socius nods once at Naamit.
Ordim looks downright miserable.
Dracnoir leans softly against Khobra.
Speaking curiously to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "Are you filled with jelly?"
Naamit smirks.
Speaking to Khylynnia, Ordim says, "I can't help it."
Talinvor pokes Ordim in the ribs.
Khylynnia sets about preparing Ordim to be as presentable as possible.
Ordim looks over at Talinvor and shakes his head.
Ordim giggles.
Louaryne gives Rohese a friendly hug.
Naamit put a narrow-bladed eonake dagger with blood red runes along its blade in her black leather bag.
Socius quietly says, "For the rest of you, I wish you a good evening.  Stay safe."
Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, "She has a point."
Speaking softly to Avawren, Rohese says, "I was simply out taking a walk and happened across ... all of this."
Jahadeem bows to Socius.
Socius wanders off.
Rohese smiles at Louaryne.
Ordim takes a deep breath.
Rohese kisses Louaryne tenderly on the cheek.
Khylynnia agrees with Talinvor.
Speaking pleasantly to Rohese, Avawren says, "It is! I had rumors that you had been found unharmed. It is a pleasure to actually meet you. Avawren Fiora Nalfein, at your service."
Deyoni nods.
Ensayn grunts in farewell.
Louaryne smiles at Rohese.
Elysia says, "He's an odd one."
Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.
Holding the edge of his sable cloak, Dracnoir dips an elegant bow.  The cloak billows out behind him as if caught upon an unfelt breeze.  Dracnoir glances up and flashes an evil grin.  The tips of his moonstone fangs are clearly visible protruding from beneath his upper lip.
Speaking softly to Louaryne, Rohese says, "Take care."
Avawren curtsies politely to Rohese.
With an empathetic nod, Rohese discreetly takes Louaryne's hand in hers and gives it a momentary squeeze.
Darcena says, "Enough of that. I hope they keep refreshing the legs."
Naamit moves to stand behind Roblar.
Speaking to Rohese, Louaryne says, "And you."
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Darcena says, "I need a better beer."

Appearances

You see Amalara Ruinil the Theologian.
She appears to be a Sylvankind of the Lassaran D'ahranal.
She is tall.  She appears to be in the bloom of youth.  She has dark feather-lashed silver eyes and seashell white-tinted skin.  She has waist length, tousled raven black hair swept back from the temples.  She has a perfectly symmetrical, delicately featured face, a slender, delicately flared nose and an upturned mouth.
She has an inked cascade of silvery stars beginning behind her right ear and spilling across her collarbone.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a fluted glass of absinthe in her right hand.
She is wearing a silver herringbone chain with a moonstone cameo, an enameled onyx night sky pendant, a crystal amulet, a layered heather grey wool longcloak embroidered in ivory, a finespun black silk robe, a pink-striped ivory linen blouse buttoned down the back, a storm grey water camlet tote with thick silver cording, a pair of rivet-set charcoal leather leggings, and some knee-buckled oiled onyx leather boots.

You see Lady Avawren Fiora Nalfein the Botanist.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is moderately tall.  She appears to be young and robust.  She has almond-shaped glacial blue eyes, glossy opal peach full lips, and soft, creamy white skin.  She has long, glossy platinum hair piled into a high, loose bun that is bound by a silver-tipped twisted glass hairpin, though several curly wisps have escaped at the base of the neck.  She has a well-defined, oblong face, a classical nose and a plump-lipped generous mouth.  The strikingly smooth transitions between her otherwise angular features lend a distinctly patrician quality to her aspect.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a cup of golden jasmine tea in her right hand.
She is wearing a leather-bound obsidian wool cloak, a sephwir locket inset with a doe-carved forest jade cameo, a semi-sheer mauve silk gown caught by gilded bronze chains, a carved linden blossom wristlet, a rose-filigree jade signet, and some open-front supple suede boots intricately laced from toe to knee.

You see Brewyte.
He appears to be a Halfling.
He is taller than average.  He appears to be very young.  He has brooding stormy grey eyes and fair skin.  He has long, flowing white hair swept back from the temples.  He has a weathered face, a straight nose and a long beard.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a silver star-embroidered pale blue silk wizard's hat, a grey mouse pendant, an opaline snowball pin, a long fringed scarf pinned with a wrought vaalin snowflake, a tasselled puma fur harness slung over his shoulder, a storm grey suede pack, a crystal amulet, a hooded white spidersilk cloak, a grey spidersilk vest, an off-white loose cotton shirt, some thick blue velvet robes with frost white satin hems, a dark wrist sheath, some fine wool casting gloves with silvery sigils, a polished star sapphire ring, a carved thin blue gem band, a braided silvery belt, a weathered grey travelling satchel, a linen-wrapped slim zebrawood case, a pleated stormy grey sack, some soft dove grey leather trousers, and a pair of striking white puma hide boots.

You see Lady Darcena Wolf-Valslayer the Whirlwind of Duskruin Arena.
She appears to be a Giantman of the Grot'karesh Clan.
She is taller than average.  She appears to be in the bloom of youth.  She has moss-tinged stormy grey eyes and fair skin.  She has very long, thick raven-hued hair woven into a riotous mass of incredibly thin braids that are sporadically peppered with verdigris copper beads and great horned owl plumules.  She has a triangular face and a forked scar near her neckline.  Her eyes are framed by thick, naturally clumped eyelashes.
She has a tiny faenor sovyn clove in her right nostril, a platinum tentacle with tiny peridot suckers in her left eyebrow, a wide tattooed Saramar-enruned armband on her arm, a black Saramar-enruned throat tattoo on her neck, some splintery bone shards in her right eyebrow, and a tattooed snarled lover's knot composed of five distinctly hued strands on her finger.
Diagonal streaks of kohl black warpaint form a mask across her eyes, the undulating design echoed along her forehead and chin.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a sinew-wrapped fused vertebral staff densely carved with Saramar runes in her right hand.
She is wearing a black flyrsilk wolf mask edged in glittering emerald and glaes shards, a wide-cuffed black leather coat with a notched collar and flared hem, an etched militia badge, a small oblong white alyssum, a well-oiled slate battle harness, a back-laced tightly fitted bodice with diaphanous black lace trumpet sleeves, a silver etched rolton-link bracelet, a trio of yellowed bone rings, a coiled copper serpent ring set with minute foxfire green cinderstone eyes, some low-slung moss green leather pants, and a pair of dark grey leather boots.

You see Eoghain the Officer of the Obsidian Tower.
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He is taller than average.  He appears to be very young.  He has silver-flecked violet eyes and golden brown skin.  He has chin length, braided platinum hair streaked with silver.  He has an angular face, an aquiline nose and a cleft chin.  He has a small opaque spider on his forehead.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He has an intricate tattoo of two dark elves spit-roasting a halfling with an apple stuffed in his mouth on his neck, a pale smooth bone spike in the upper ridge of his left ear, a lustrous black stone spike in his left eyebrow, and a Dhe'nari Temple caste tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.
His hands are covered in a thin layer of bright red blood.
He is wearing an eahnor-bound faewood badge, a wild black rose, a bone-inlaid leather headband, a sharp vaalin hook, a bloodstained Dhe'nar totem, a matte black linen shroud with a deeply hooded cowl, a quintuple orb brooch, an ash grey relic crafted in the likeness of Noi'sho'rah, a small bone periapt, a glaesine crystal dragonfly, a silver stickpin skewered through a carved wooden halfling, a small obsidian rose pin, a bone whip-blade armband, a limbless halfling wizard-shaped charm on a bone-link chain, a hollowed out shard of jagged obsidian, an ash grey Dhe'nar'i backpack, some Dhe'nari temple caste leathers, a thick gold armband, a spiral-carved lapis bangle bracelet, a bright gold ring, a bone-studded dark leather belt, a rune-embroidered ash grey sash, a leather dhe'nar pouch, a shuttered brass lantern charm, some fitted black leather pants, and some chain-clasped tall black vruul hide boots.

You see Ilsola Tuulikki the Town Administrator.
She appears to be a Human from Torre.
She is average height.  She appears to be very young.  She has kohl-outlined, silver flecked violet eyes and pale skin.  She has shoulder length, thick chestnut hair piled upon her head in elaborate twists and braids that are held in place by a delicate gold-chained ferroniere dangling a russet and cream moth saewehna.  She has a broad face, a pointed nose and carmine-tinged pouting lips.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a gauzy emerald green robe fashioned of delicate feathers, a beribboned silk bodice layered with tiny feathers over an ultra fine-weave silk tunic edged in rosy hues, an ankle-length layered silk skirt in varied shades of indigo, and a pair of silk slippers.

You see Khobra Ta'Maelshyve.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
It is difficult to properly see her features as the hood of her cloak is pulled down over her face.
She has a trio of scarlet despanal hoops dangling fiery feathers in the upper ridge of her left ear, an intricately inked obsidian-scaled cobra encircling her left eye, an entangled black mamba and saw-scaled viper tattoo on her chest, and an enormous diamond scaled albino anaconda inked upon along her back.
Scintillating emerald-colored ivy vines pour down from her shoulders.
She is in good shape.
Her hands are covered in a thin layer of bright red blood.
She is wearing an intricate copper-scaled snake choker with golden amber eyes, a black ora medallion, a floor-length midnight black cloak, a deeply cowled floor-length ebon longcoat bound with an obsidian-scaled cobra, a brass Mist Harbor militia badge, a half-laced vathorskin half-bodice, a sigil-etched ebon armband dangling a dragon's-tear diamond pentacle, a coiled black diamond cobra relic, a silver-etched black ora armband, some snakeskin gauntlets of entwined asps and cobras, a hip-slung black ora scabbard, a form-fitted vathorskin loincloth, and some ecru lace stockings caught with pearl-beaded bands under some calf-laced cobra skin boots lofted on thin black diamond heels.
Avawren slowly folds one arm over the silk of her mauve silk gown, trailing the fingers of her other hand idly against her collarbone.

It is difficult to get a good look at Naamit due to the number of mirror images of her nearby.
You see Mistress Naamit DMVMD-Braggiani the Harbinger of the Harrows.
She appears to be a Giantman.
She is shorter than average.  She appears to be youthful.  She has piercing vibrant green eyes and pale, alabaster skin.  She has thick locks of long, glossy black hair worn in a plethora of luxuriant braids with a blue-black lace scarf.  She has an angular face, a prominent nose and a fleshy, muscular build with generously proportioned hips.  She has a myriad of thin chain-shaped scars running across her exposed flesh.  She has high-glossed dark incarnadine polish brushed onto her shapely oval fingernails.
She has a deep black cuff of finely polished glaes in the middle of her nose, a rune tattoo on her arm, some cross-like blackwork extending from the neck downward past her collarbone, a faint scar on her neck, a tattoo of a crimson heart pierced with a silver dagger on her chest, and a deep black ring of finely polished glaes in her lip.
She is in good shape.
She is holding an ebon-handled lavender teacup in her right hand.
She is wearing a writhing black ora cross, a sable lambswool cloak trimmed with ebon-tipped ermine tails, a razern-hued dupioni silk gown lightly speckled with a spray of incarnadine bloodjewels over a flounced black silk petticoat, a slender asymmetric chain girdle, a stiff black leather bag, and some black damask chopines lofted on scarred ebonwood heels.

You see Great Lord Nehor the Mystic.
He appears to be a Human.
He is shorter than average.  He appears to be an adult.  He has piercing amber eyes and fair skin.  He has chin length, unkempt amber hair.  He has an upturned nose.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an herb-filled flaky puff pastry in his left hand.
He is wearing an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet, a hand-tailored spidersilk cloak clasped with a thunderhead opal solitaire, an emerald-set sylvan bardess pin, a golden battle dragon pin wielding dual inverted emerald quarter notes, a dark silver-framed monocle, a pristine white ash instrument case framed by gently yellowed ivory inlay, a formal crimson silk shirt with crisp pleats, a coiled mithglin chain armband, a crimson crystal-inset ring, a supple black leather belt studded with polished brass, a pair of jet black leggings, and some dark leather boots.

You see Socius.
He appears to be a Human.
He is plain-looking in every regard save his eyes, and has a huge scar running the length of his right cheek and down across the front of his neck.  He appears to be in the prime of life.  He has piercing light green eyes and deeply tanned skin.  He has a bald head.  He has an intense face and a narrow nose.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a deep black bracelet of finely polished glaes in his right hand.
He is wearing a broad-brimmed soft grey hat, a fitted grey cloak with delicate scarlet sigils along the trim, a light grey tailored shirt, an obsidian ring inlaid with delicate white ivory runes, a narrow leather pouch, some soft grey trousers, and some grey leather boots with a red sigil winding up the outer calf.