The Nazhor Chronicles/Chapter One/2019-04-21 Darcena Has Daddy Issues (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline The Nazhor Chronicles on April 21, 2019, from the viewpoint of Darcena Wolf-Valslayer.

Summary

  • Memory meek Kheelin manifested and created resonance through Darcena's memories in order to lead the adventurer's to Nazhor's Laboratory where they found a new cipher.
  • Rohese revealed that she had Nazhor's tome and Nehor revealed he had the key. A meeting was discussed for the future to discuss working together.

GM Cast: Kheelin, Mazorn, Socius

Adventurers: Apsaras, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren, Ceyrin, Lady Darcena, Mistress Khobra, Land Pirate Maylan, Mistress Naamit, Flockmaster Nehor, Ondreian, Relic Hunter Ordim, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Great Lord Sarmoya, Sothog


Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

The Beginning

[Gardenia Commons]
The soft, soothing sound of the carved marble fountain that dominates Gardenia Commons breaks the silence of day.  Bright sunlight dapples the area in a warm glow and reflects off the water pouring into the fountain, causing rainbows of ethereal light to dance across the mist that clings to the cobblestone street.  A light, thin layer of dew glistens on the wrought iron benches that encircle the fountain.  You also see a bright pink-painted cart with some stuff on it, a rosy-cheeked human girl, a dismal lavaflow spirit that is flying around, a dusky vaporous spirit that is flying around, a ruffed greatfang, a glossy black toucan feather, a pot-bellied tanned town crier and a wide-mouthed wicker basket.
Also here: Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Great Lord Sarmoya, Flockmaster Nehor, Ondreian, Lord Arianiss, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Mistress Naamit, Ceyrin, Siierra, Apsaras, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren, Land Pirate Maylan, Mistress Khobra
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
Your badland spirit followed.

The air around you suddenly grows heavier once more, and the voice returns, but it still can't be made out.  After a moment, the air lightens once more.

Nehor blinks.

You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

Sothog mutters under his breath.

Rohese glances around the area.

Ordim flails his arms about.

You ask, "What was that?"

Ordim fans himself.

Avawren hums quietly to herself.

Ceyrin grabs an iced chocolate muffin from a small pocket inside of his suede mantle.

Ceyrin offers Ordim an iced chocolate muffin.

Avawren turns around.

Sarmoya says, "Sorcery."

Ordim accepts Ceyrin's chocolate muffin.

Maylan vaguely asks, "Huh?"

Khobra glances south.

Sothog says, "That's twice now...."

Speaking to Ordim, Ceyrin says, "Shhhh."

Ordim nods appreciatively.

Naamit removes a large femur bone shawm from in her black leather bag.

Khobra closes her eyes for a moment.

You frown.

Apsaras says, "I keep almost hearin' something or someone."

Ordim put a warm caramel apple muffin in his frilly pink apron.

Sothog asks, "Somebody trying to correspond, but having a bit of trouble...?"

Ordim takes a bite of his chocolate muffin.

Speaking simply to you, Nehor explains, "Resonance is sought. A message must be passed...yet they struggle."

Naamit eyes a large femur bone shawm in her hand up and down with a thoughtful expression on her face.

Apsaras agrees with Sothog.

You state, "I'm going to the dock."

Sarmoya bows to you.

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

You smile at Sarmoya.

Sothog nods to you.

You say, "I always hear better there."

Ceyrin says, "Hmmm."

Ordim ponders.

Avawren nods.

Arianiss says, "I'm going back to bed."

Apsaras joins your group.

You say, "Three seconds and I walk away."

Arianiss asks, "Who's with me?"

Speaking to you, Sothog asks, "Mind if I tag along?"

You kiss Arianiss tenderly on the cheek.

Avawren nods once to you.

You say, "2."

Ordim blinks.

Speaking to Sothog, you say with a smile, "That's fine."

Speaking to you, Apsaras asks, "Me tae?"

Speaking softly to you, Rohese asks, "May I join you?"

You nod at Apsaras and Rohese.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

You say, "Good afternoon Sarmoya."

You say, "1."

Ordim takes a bite of his chocolate muffin.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

You nod once.

[Editor's Note: a group containing Sothog, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Maylan, Khobra, and Ordim traveled with me to Sunset Cay.]

You stride away, moving southeast.
[Eastern Harbor, Sandy Peninsula]
Flanked by water on three sides, the peninsula ends in a small wall designed to be a breakwater and intended to stop the erosion of the beach.  Loud and persistent, the surf crashes across the sun-kissed sands.  You also see an oddly-shaped stone, a large peach and pink beach umbrella and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: northwest

You stare at an oddly-shaped stone.

You move toward a salt-stained wooden walkway, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Approach]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: none
Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Maylan, Khobra and your badland spirit followed.

Sunset Cay, Dock - Finding Resonance


You move toward a short dock, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Dock]
This dock is weathered but sturdy and stretches out towards the open sea a short ways.  Despite the motion of the waves underneath its surface, the dock remains firm, anchored by sturdy support columns at regular intervals.  A small wooden dinghy is securely tied to one of the farthest columns with a length of thick rope.  You also see a short wooden dock.
Obvious paths: none
Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Maylan, Khobra and your badland spirit followed.

You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

You take a pair of dark grey leather boots off your feet.

You sit down.

Apsaras inclines her ear, listening intently.

(Darcena dips her feet into the water.)

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

You feel a stirring in your mind, and you hear an echo of something familiar.  Underneath it, a faint voice can be heard, "You... you knew my mother"

Avawren takes a few graceful steps backward.

(Darcena leans over and touches the water.)

You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

Ordim giggles.

Sothog blinks.

You say, "Wait."

You ask, "Your mother?"

Nehor looks thoughtfully at Rohese.

Ordim takes a bite of his chocolate muffin.

Avawren frowns at you.

You ask, "Who is this?"

Sothog makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Sothog gestures.
Sothog appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Maylan fully extends her wings and stands perfectly still, eyeing you cautiously.

Sothog searches around for a moment.

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

Nehor whispers something to Rohese.

Rohese glances around the area.

You turn to face Avawren.

Rohese nods in agreement at Nehor.

You say, "She says I knew her mother."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Avawren furrows her brow.

Mistress Naamit just came across a short wooden dock.

Sothog says, "Hrm."

Khobra swivels her left ear back and forth, the despanal hoops dangling along the upper edge highlighting the sharp contours of her pointed ears.

Ordim raises an eyebrow.

Soft notes linger about, fading with gentle echoes as Naamit finishes her slow melody, lowering her shawm.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears.  The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Ceyrin.

Sothog nods to Ceyrin in greeting.

Speaking confusedly to you, Avawren asks, "... it not the same meek then?"

Sothog nods to Naamit in greeting.

Ceyrin joins your group.

You say, "I...."

You ask, "I guess not?"

Ordim furrows his brow.

Speaking curiously to you, Nehor says, "Ah it seems this location creates resonance for one of..."

Speaking shortly to Nehor, you say, "Yes. My meek."

You hear the voice more clearly now, "I... have you... but correspondence... is weak..."

Nehor disdainfully concludes, "...those."

Land Pirate Maylan just went across a short wooden dock.

You say, "My meek has always talked to ---"

You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

Nehor nods once.

Khobra rubs her hand against the diamond-scaled snake's scales.  It seems to settle in her hand and hisses contentedly.

You say, "She says she has correspondence here, but it is weak."

You frown.

Ondreian just came across a short wooden dock.

Ordim fidgets.

(Darcena touches the water and asks, "Is there a better place?")

Land Pirate Maylan just came across a short wooden dock.

Ordim glances nervously around the area.

Sothog asks, "Is there anything we can do to improve that a bit?"

Ordim takes a bite of his chocolate muffin.

Great Lord Sarmoya just strode across a short wooden dock.

Nehor whispers something to Rohese.

You stare at Nehor.

The voice continues, clearer but weaker, "If you... will come... I have prepared a space."

Speaking to you, Apsaras asks, "How can we help?"

Speaking to Nehor, you ask, "Why are you even here?"

Naamit surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

You growl at Nehor.

Sarmoya joins your group.

Ordim glances between Nehor and yourself.

You say, "She says if I will come, she has prepared a space to talk."

Khobra humbly says, "He needz to be here."

Speaking coolly to you, Nehor says, "To help, if you all will stop getting in my way."

Rohese studies Nehor, giving him an intense consideration.

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Sothog nods to you.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Avawren laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Apsaras nods to you.

Naamit shrugs at Ceyrin.

(Darcena reaches back into the water, "Where do I go?)

Ceyrin nods at Naamit.

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "I won't stop you, for the record."

Nehor examines his fingernails.

Avawren nods at Nehor.

Nehor glances at Avawren.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim whispers aloud, "She couldn't stop some of those little critters either."

Ordim coughs.

Ordim sets about preparing himself to be as presentable as possible.

Ordim surveys the area.

Nehor smirks at Ordim.

The voice continues, sounding confused, "Come to... the... gathering place?"

Nehor pulls his silver-framed monocle from his eye and exhales gently on the glass, fogging its surface.  Deftly, Nehor rubs the lens, cleaning it of dust and debris before returning it to his eye.

Speaking to Nehor, Ceyrin says, "Your usefulness is likely something you've imagined."

You confusedly ask, "The gathering place?"

Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.

You say, "She says to go to the gathering place."

Ordim carefully looks himself over.

Avawren furrows her brow.

Ordim prods himself in the ribs with his thumb.

Ordim giggles.

Ceyrin corrects, "Something else you've imagined."

Speaking to yourself, you murmur, "The gathering place."

Speaking to Ceyrin, Nehor retorts, "You would be surprised, priest. But no matter. We will all see, soon enough."

Speaking to you, Avawren asks, "... she couldn't mean the bar could she?"

Avawren chuckles.

Ordim ponders.

You say, "Oh."

Naamit whispers something to Ceyrin.

Sothog asks, "The Commons...? Or the bar?"

You say, "We've heard the music meek there."

Ceyrin asks, "The gathering place?"

You say, "Maybe."

Ordim says, "What about that cave with the strange crystal and the noise."

You stand back up.

Ceyrin nods at Naamit.

Ordim frowns.

You put a pair of dark grey leather boots onto your feet.

Ordim adds, "That place was terrible."

Ordim scowls.

You say, "We can try Commons first and then the bar."

You nod once.

Apsaras nods to you.

Naamit purses her lips, the glaes ring within them appearing a bit more prominent.

Sothog says, "Works for me."

[Editor's Note: Group traveled which included Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Khobra, Ondreian, and Naamit.]

Sothog agrees with you.

The voice explains, "Need... memories.  Good ones.  Then I can open the way."

You cock your head.

You say, "She says she needs memories. Good memories."

You frown.

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

Naamit's black ora cross pulses and she looks a bit more vitalized.

Ondreian glances around the area.

Ordim ponders.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya asks, "What do you mean?"

Speaking to you, Apsaras says, "Got plenty of those."

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "Memories?"

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

The Place of Revelery and Memories


You stride away, moving west.
[Gardenia Commons]
The soft, soothing sound of the carved marble fountain that dominates Gardenia Commons breaks the silence of day.  Bright sunlight dapples the area in a warm glow and reflects off the water pouring into the fountain, causing rainbows of ethereal light to dance across the mist that clings to the cobblestone street.  A light, thin layer of dew glistens on the wrought iron benches that encircle the fountain.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, a bright pink-painted cart with some stuff on it, a rosy-cheeked human girl, a glossy black toucan feather, a pot-bellied tanned town crier and a wide-mouthed wicker basket.
Also here: Akenna
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Akenna put a triangular black ash medallion in her austere cloak.

Ordim nods absently.

You say, "I don't have any good memories here..."

You say, "Except that feast of rolton."

At the thought of food, your stomach growls.

Ondreian says, "I have fond memories of killing Krol on those sands."

Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Ondreian snickers.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Maylan says, "I do not have any memories here."

Maylan frowns.

You say, "I would like it if Ilsola threw another party."

Ordim stares at Maylan.

Ordim removes a curved invar razor from in his dark grey satchel.

You drool.

Sarmoya asks, "Should we say them aloud?"

Sothog makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Sothog gestures.
Sothog appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Ordim waves a curved invar razor at Maylan.

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

You nod at Sarmoya.

Akenna gestures.
A layer of raw elemental energy forms around Akenna.

You say, "Might as well."

Nehor glances at a ruffed greatfang.

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "Hello mister."

Sarmoya rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Ordim scowls at Maylan.

Ceyrin whispers, "I believe it's the Oculus that we need to visit."

Ordim put a curved invar razor in his dark grey satchel.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.
Akenna gestures.
A layer of raw elemental energy forms around Akenna.

Ordim turns away from Maylan, ignoring her.

Sarmoya says, "I also have memories of slaying Krolvin here."

You quietly whisper to Ceyrin, "Hmm. I could try that after the bar, but I would be bringing everyone with me."

You ponder the meaning of Ceyrin's existence.

Rohese softly comments, "I'd rather not delve into my memories again for a while."

Maylan says, "Krolvin are bad."

Naamit surveys the area.

Rohese glances away.

You glance over at Rohese and wince.

Ceyrin shrugs at you.

Sarmoya says, "And I have memories of many kindnesses of others here."

Nehor glances at Maylan.

Speaking to Sarmoya, you exclaim, "I think I've healed you here!"

You nod at Sarmoya.

Naamit removes a wooden hair-braiding tool from in her black leather bag.

Ceyrin whispers, "I'll take responsibility for that."

Ondreian enthuses, "Their blood splattering across my cuirass, as I put their ilk town."

Apsaras agrees with Sarmoya.

You nod at Ceyrin.

Naamit points her hair-braiding tool at Rohese.

You hear the voice once more, fainter, "A place... of... revelry?"

Naamit nods knowingly at Rohese.

Ondreian rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Sothog says, "I have memories of meeting new friends here..."

You say, "Oh! She says a place of revelry."

You say, "I'm going to the bar."

Rohese's eyes narrow, and her expression darkens as she swiftly averts her gaze downward.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

You nod once.

You say, "I never reveled here."

Nehor disdainfully says, "You lot and your violence. How boorish."

Sothog nods to you.

Speaking smoothly to Rohese, Naamit says, "I remember."

Nehor sighs.

Ordim ponders.

You say, "And I'm thirsty."

Apsaras exclaims, "And kickin' sprites and livin' tae speak o' it!"

You ask, "Anyone have silver?"

[Editor's Note: We traveled once more to the Stumbling Pebble Bar.]

Ordim removes a warm caramel apple muffin from in his frilly pink apron.

Ordim takes a bite of his caramel apple muffin.

Speaking to Nehor, Ondreian says, "You are one to talk about abhorring violence."

Speaking tersely to Naamit, Rohese says, "As do I, all to plainly."

You move toward a ramshackle brown-shingled store, striding away.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see Greth and a basket of sticks.
Obvious exits: none
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Khobra and your badland spirit followed.

A scuttling crab creeps into the bar, its pincers waving overhead.  It spies a crumb of something on the floor and darts forward, scooping the morsel up in one claw, then scurries back out the door.  Greth notices the crab's movement and chuckles, sounding not unlike a washbin hurled down a staircase.

The air grows heavy around you, and the temperature drops noticeably.

Speaking cheerfully to Greth, you exclaim, "Hello!"

Speaking calmly to Ondreian, Nehor corrects, "Senseless violence. When I engage, it is with purpose. And I do not revel in it."

You exclaim, "Oh!"

Ordim shivers.

Sothog blinks.

Rohese trembles as if a cold chill just ran up her spine.

Naamit plainly offers, "If we were giving up memories, it seemed one to state."

Apsaras shivers.

Avawren waves to Greth.

Maylan reaches inside one of the stretched rolton wool socks hanging from her leather bandolier and grabs a soft white bunny fur blanket trimmed with squirrel tail tassels.

Nehor frowns.

Sothog inclines his ear, listening intently.

Grabbing the white fur blanket by the short ends, Maylan swirls the blanket over her head and drapes it across her shoulders.

Ordim's jaw drops.

Sothog rummages around in his pockets.

Ordim exclaims, "That crab just dined and then dashed!"

Rohese softly says, "It's suddenly gone cold."

Ordim flails his arms about.

Rohese glances around the room.

Ondreian says, "Killing Krolvin was protecting the citizens of this town..."

Sothog nods at Rohese.

You say, "Memories here...."

Nehor agrees with Rohese.

The sound of chattering teeth comes from Maylan who quickly tugs her white fur blanket tightly around herself, hugging it close.

You glance at Avawren.

Ondreian says, "I can enjoy my work too."

Speaking quietly to Avawren, you ask, "I don't suppose you have any silver?"

Naamit removes an ebon-handled lavender teacup from in her lambswool cloak.

Speaking to you, Avawren asks, "How bad you are at flicking peanuts?"

A quiet voice drifts in, "This... is better.  I have prepared a place, if you will come... all are welcome."

Avawren smirks at you!

Speaking somberly to Rohese, Nehor says, "Memories are often cold, empty things."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter at Avawren.

Ordim takes a deep breath.

Speaking to Avawren, you say, "That is a fun memory."

Sarmoya asks, "A place?"

Rohese agrees with Nehor.

You ask, "Remember when I nailed Nehor in the back of his head?"

Ondreian muses, "Do what you enjoy, and you won't work a day in your life."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter.

You ask, "Did you all hear her?"

Rohese glances over at you and winces.

Sothog starts chuckling at you!

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim suggests, "The entrance is in the fireplace."

Sothog, Avawren, and Apsaras nod to you.

Ordim nods approvingly at Maylan.

Apsaras nods to you.

Ordim indicates a weathered rough stone fireplace as a possible option.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "I did, and I'm game."

Ordim put a warm caramel apple muffin in his frilly pink apron.

Ceyrin whispers something to Ondreian.

>l
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a narrow staircase, a ruffed greatfang, a coy badland spirit that is flying around, Greth and a basket of sticks.
Also here: Ondreian, Mistress Naamit, Great Lord Sarmoya, Land Pirate Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Flockmaster Nehor, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Apsaras, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren, Mistress Khobra
Obvious exits: none

Sothog leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim offers, "Let me open it for you."

Ordim just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Speaking to you, Nehor drawls, "Is this before or after you shot that poor halfling three to four times with nuts?"

Ordim just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Sarmoya says, "I heard it."

Ordim breaks a stick into pieces and tosses them into the fireplace.

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "Right behind you."

Ordim just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Ordim just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Ordim takes some wooden sticks and places them in the fireplace.  Using two of the smaller pieces, he rubs them until a tiny flame bursts out.  Placing the burning twigs among the prepared wood, he blows gently on them until the flames spread and grow.

You turn around.

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Ondreian whispers something to Ceyrin.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim exclaims, "All set!"

Ordim lets out a cheer!

A Hazy Figure Appears


You move toward a narrow staircase, striding away.
[Eastern Harbor, Stairwell]
A long staircase is cut into the stone, leading down into darkness.  Torches line the walls, but half of them have long since burnt out.  The steps themselves are chipped and jagged, as if they were cut hastily, or have endured a lot of heavy use.  The air is musty, but there's a slight scent in the air that's hard to place.  You also see a hazy figure.
Obvious exits: up
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.
Falling behind, your badland spirit refuses to follow.

Ordim glances up.

Ordim pouts.

You exclaim, "Oh!"

Nehor bows respectfully before a hazy figure, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

You see a fairly typical hazy figure.
It appears to be in good shape.
It has a badly-worn journal.
A hazy figure bows low, the move hesitant.

Speaking confusedly to Ordim, Maylan asks, "I go in the fire?"

You cock your head at a hazy figure.

Rohese inclines her head.

Ordim nods approvingly at Maylan.

Speaking bluntly to a hazy figure, you ask, "Who are you?"

Sothog bows to a hazy figure.

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan asks, "But why?"

Apsaras bows to a hazy figure.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim suggests, "It's the entrance to the Meek world."

Sarmoya bows to a hazy figure.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan asks, "What is a Meek?"

Avawren furrows her brow.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "I see you have a journal."

Maylan blinks at Ordim.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim confirms, "A Terrible thing."

Ordim scowls.

Ordim points at a hazy figure.

Speaking formally to a hazy figure, Nehor introduces, "One of the meek, I presume? Lord Nehor, master of the Flock...at your service."

Speaking casually to a hazy figure, Naamit says, "Curious book by the look of it."

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "Then I spose I don't want to go there. But I thank you for the offer, mister."

Speaking mournfully to yourself, you mutter, "And I'm so thirsty."

Naamit put a large femur bone shawm in her lambswool cloak.

Naamit removes a yellowed glass beaker from in her lambswool cloak.

Ordim looks downright miserable.

Naamit offers you a yellowed glass beaker.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Naamit's offer and are now holding a yellowed glass beaker.

You sniff your yellowed glass beaker.
It smells like nice, fresh yellowed glass beaker!
It's hard to say.  Best take it to some shop that deals in this sort of thing.

You see nothing unusual.

You take a drink from your yellowed glass beaker.
You have 4 quaffs left.

You gaze thoughtfully at your yellowed glass beaker.

Ceyrin glances sharply at you.

Speaking softly to you, Rohese asks, "Would tea be more palatable?"

Rohese offers you a cup of lemon tea.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Rohese's offer and are now holding a cup of lemon tea.

Naamit says, "It IS tea."

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

You sniff your lemon tea.
It smells like nice, fresh lemon tea!
It's hard to say.  Best take it to some shop that deals in this sort of thing.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at a hazy figure.

You take a drink from your yellowed glass beaker.  A lightly spicy aroma of yellow birch peeks through the soothing fermented teaberry tea, complimented with a tender honeyed sweetness.
You have 3 quaffs left.

You take a drink from your lemon tea.  The inviting fragrance of lemon rushes from the tea on a cloud of steam, preceding the mellow flavor of this black tea.
You have 3 quaffs left.

(OOC) Ceyrin's player whispers, "Do not pour drinks on the nice hazy figure =P."

You sadly say, "Neither really fits the bill."

Rohese snaps her fingers, looking quite disappointed.

Naamit explains, "It's a fermented teaberry concoction."

You offer your lemon tea to Rohese, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer.  Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Sothog asks, "Figure 'To what do we owe this honor?"

Rohese has accepted your offer and is now holding a cup of lemon tea.

You offer your yellowed glass beaker to Naamit, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer.  Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Sothog coughs.

Naamit has declined the offer.

A hazy figure just went up.

You blink.

Rohese, Nehor, Sarmoya, and Apsaras glance up.

Khobra tilts her head up.

Naamit points up.

You fold your arms over your chest.

You say, "I suppose it wants me to follow it."

Sarmoya says, "It means for us to follow."

Khobra points up.

You say, "Won't even ask a simple question."

You grumble.

Rohese nods encouragingly to you.

You stride away, moving up.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a narrow staircase, a ruffed greatfang, a coy badland spirit that is flying around, Greth and a basket of sticks.
Obvious exits: none
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.

Nehor says, "Not quite the right location, not yet. This one is weaker than the others."

Sothog works his fingers under his silver circlet and scratches his head.

You cock your head.

Ordim unhooks his copper flask from his frilly pink apron.

You ask, "Hmm. Where'd it go?"

You peer through a set of swinging oak doors and see...
[Western Harbor, Seathrak Way]
Prismatic swirls spiral across the pale cobblestones, their source the glass-sided lanterns that are hung in even intervals amongst the cottages and shops that line the street.  Loud and distinct, the thunderous crash of the surf upon the nearby jetty floods the area and carries with it the acrid scent of the sea, while nearer at hand is the sound of women laughing.  You also see a blunt-beaked emerald green parrot.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

Ordim neatly pops the halfling pirate figurine-capped cork off of his copper flask.

Raising his copper flask into the air, Ordim shouts, "Come and get me, ye shipless guttersnake!" before taking a swig from his flask.

Sarmoya searches around for a moment.

Ordim grasps a halfling pirate figurine-capped cork, which hangs from a tiny chain on his copper flask, and smartly seals his flask.

Naamit gives a short little hum of surprise.

Ordim hooks his copper flask to his frilly pink apron.

Apsaras gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Sothog makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Sothog gestures.
Sothog appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Avawren rummages around in her pockets.

Sothog searches around for a moment.

You ask, "Greth, I don't suppose you could spot me?"

Avawren spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Naamit says, "Up, but not up. A different up that looks just like the former. How curious."

Rohese rummages around in her pockets.

Avawren offers you some greasy pale red broth.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Avawren's offer and are now holding some greasy pale red broth.

You beam happily at Avawren!

Sothog whispers, "How much do you need?"

Nehor nods once at Naamit.

You exclaim, "Perfect!"

Ordim surveys the area.

You say, "Thanks Wren."

You take a drink from your pale red broth.
You have 5 quaffs left.

Sothog says, "Ah."

Avawren gazes in amusement at you.

Speaking to Naamit, Ceyrin says, "Also known as upward."

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "Now I can focus."

You move toward a narrow staircase, striding away.
[Eastern Harbor, Stairwell]
A long staircase is cut into the stone, leading down into darkness.  Torches line the walls, but half of them have long since burnt out.  The steps themselves are chipped and jagged, as if they were cut hastily, or have endured a lot of heavy use.  The air is musty, but there's a slight scent in the air that's hard to place.
Obvious exits: up
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.
Falling behind, your badland spirit refuses to follow.

Expressions of utter shock, disbelief, and horror cross Ordim's features as he shakes his head repeatedly in denial.

Sarmoya says, "We last saw the... figure go up the stairs. We should go back there. It may reappear."

A hazy figure sighs.

Nehor thoughtfully muses, "Upward, ever upward...each place different and yet the same.."

You smile at the figure.

Sarmoya says, "Or perhaps not."

A hazy figure says, "I thank you... for coming."

Apsaras waves to the figure.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Nehor nods once to the hazy figure.

Sothog nods to a hazy figure in greeting.

Speaking bluntly to a hazy figure, you ask, "Who are you?"

A hazy figure says, "My mother... said I should... contact Darcena."

Speaking quietly to a hazy figure, Avawren says, "You are not the same."

Rohese studies you closely, pondering some aspect of your self with great consideration.

You ask, "Who is your mother?"

Nehor glances between a hazy figure and yourself.

You squint at a hazy figure.

Ordim squints at a hazy figure.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.
You have 4 quaffs left.

Kheelin Introduces Herself


A hazy figure asks, "My name... is Kheelin.  I am the new meek on my world.  My mother... she was the one who spoke to you on the docks?"

Ordim blinks.

You cautiously ask, "....Where is your mother?"

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

Avawren breathes in slightly.

Sarmoya asks, "A meek?"

Sothog nods at Sarmoya.

Rohese presses a hand to her chest, inhaling and exhaling slowly.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Maylan says, "Why are you not solid? You look pretty spooky."

A hazy figure says, "My mother... is no more."

You wrinkle your nose.

Sothog peers quizzically at a hazy figure.

Nehor reminds, "Only one meek per world. If they are from the same world.."

Nehor nods once.

Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.

Ordim fidgets.

Apsaras blinks at Khobra.

You sharply ask, "What?"

Apsaras blinks.

Naamit gives a short little hum of surprise.

Rohese sighs.

Apsaras sighs.

You growl ferociously at a hazy figure!

You ask, "What happened to her?"

A hazy figure says, "She gave her life... fighting for your world."

You narrow your eyes.

Rohese glances away.

Sarmoya bows to a hazy figure.

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Calm yourself if you want to learn something."

Ordim blinks.

Nehor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Maylan says, "This fella says Meeks are bad."

Speaking to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "I honor her sacrifice."

Maylan points at Ordim.

Rohese softly murmurs, "That might be all my fault."

Ordim nods in agreement.

You turn to face Rohese.

Rohese bites her lip.

Rohese hangs her head.

You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Rohese!

Raising her hands before her, Rohese quickly backpedals away from you.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim confirms, "Bleeks feed on blood!"

A hazy figure says, "There is no blame to be had.  She did what she felt was right.  As do I."

Ceyrin glances between Rohese and yourself.

Speaking to Rohese, you ask, "What did you do?"

Rohese softly exclaims, "It wasn't intentional, I promise!"

Ceyrin firmly says, "Not.  Now."

Rohese shakes her head.

A hazy figure says, "Lady Darcena..."

You blink.

You turn to face a hazy figure.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Apsaras says, "I am sorry for ye loss but honour her sacrifice."

You shortly ask, "What?"

Speaking to a hazy figure, Maylan says, "Well you can't have any of my blood. Not today, anyhow."
Speaking placatingly to you, Sarmoya says, "We cannot let emotion cloud our judgment. There is time for anger later."

Naamit whispers, "Focus."

Ceyrin snaps his fingers at you.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Focus."

Ceyrin points at a hazy figure.

Nehor simply muses, "What is Right...interesting how so many use *feelings* to determine that."

Nehor slowly empties his lungs.

Naamit smirks at Ceyrin.

A hazy figure says, "If you are willing... I would like to show you some things.  The farther you are willing to delve, the more correspondence.  And I believe I can help you a great deal."

You say, "I don't know you, Kheelin."

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "Because feelings are important."

You ask, "How do I even know what you're saying is true?"

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "I would like to see them."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "Makes sense.  If this one's just taking over the job, he - or she - might not have assumed her full strength yet."

A hazy figure says, "But it will not be pleasant.  I will show you things from your past.  Things you have forgotten."

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Khobra and Sothog turn an inquisitive ear toward a hazy figure.

Avawren gives a sidelong glance at you.

Apsaras cocks her head at a hazy figure.

Speaking noncommittally to Rohese, Nehor mutters, "If you say. It seems way me be getting a glimpse into the she-wolf's past..."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Speaking to you, Avawren suggests, "... maybe finish that broth first."

You quietly whisper to Rohese, "I will not forget. We will talk."

Apsaras glances at you.

You narrow your eyes.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Maylan says, "If you are handing out memories, I will be needing some."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "I suggest we see what it has to show us."

You frown at a hazy figure.

Rohese nods slowly to you.

A hazy figure says, "If you are strong enough... you may learn a great deal."

Ordim squints at Maylan.

Nehor nods in agreement at Sarmoya.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.  The taste reminds you of warm blood.
You have 3 quaffs left.

You say, "I need a moment."

Speaking confidently to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "We are strong enough."

You take a deep breath.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "Of couse."

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

You say, "I don't even know your mother's name, despite us talking for months."

You frown at a hazy figure.

Speaking sarcastically to you, Ceyrin says, "Sure.  Take your time.  It's not as if this isn't difficult for Kheelin."

Ordim nods absently.

A hazy figure says, "The memories I must use are those of the Lady Darcena.  They have the most... resonance?  They are strongest, and though I am powerful, I am yet new to my post."

Sothog nods to the hazy figure.

Speaking to a hazy figure, Ordim suggests, "I can help."

Naamit flashes a quick grin at Ceyrin.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Apsaras nods slowly.

Speaking to Ceyrin, you snarl, "We can go into this with me in a killing mood, or we can go into this with me in a learning mood."

Speaking sarcastically to Ceyrin, you say, "Your choice."

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim says, "We'll just need a lot of blood."

Speaking to you, Naamit reminds, "Focus!"

Ordim stares at Maylan.

Speaking quickly to you, Ceyrin replies, "The latter."

Avawren appears to be trying hard not to grin.

You shortly say, "Good. Then a moment."

Speaking to a hazy figure, you ask, "What was her name?"

Nehor incredulously asks, "Of all the things you wish to know?"

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "But I don't have any blood on the outside. All of my blood is inside."

Nehor slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim confirms, "We can fix that."

Ordim nods slowly.

Speaking slowly to Nehor, you state, "She mattered, Nehor."

You say, "Far more than you do."

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "I think that's the way it's supposed to be."

Rohese softly agrees, "Names are important."

Ordim looks over at Maylan and shakes his head.

Naamit slowly empties her lungs.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim says, "Not with Meek things."

Maylan blinks at Rohese.

Sothog agrees with Rohese.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "You are not accountable to him, nor his 'Flock.' Do not worry yourself with his challenges."

A hazy figure says, "My mother's name was Ghaila."

Rohese smiles at the figure.

Speaking to herself, Apsaras says, "Ma used to say name's had power...."

Speaking softly to a hazy figure, you say, "When this is over, I will be having a memorial for Ghaila."

Nehor glances between Sarmoya and yourself.

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "Meeks are bad."

You say, "And Drehod. And even... Mazorn."

Maylan nods at Ordim.

Nehor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ordim nods in agreement at Maylan.

A hazy figure bows low in appreciation.

Speaking to Apsaras, Avawren says, "Your mother was a smart woman."

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

Rohese nods in agreement at Apsaras.

Speaking to a hazy figure, you say, "I am ready."

Sarmoya bows to a hazy figure.

A hazy figure says, "It is always best to honor the dead whenever possible."

Apsaras smiles at Avawren.

Speaking to you, Avawren reminds, "Friends are with you."

A hazy figure says, "In that case, let us proceed."

You take a drink from your pale red broth.
You have 2 quaffs left.
A hazy figure just went down.

You stride away, moving down.
[Eastern Harbor, Stairwell]
This area is extremely dim, and there is a noticeable layer of dust underfoot, making footing tricky on the uneven stairs.  There's a faint light visible just below, though, which seems to be the bottom of the staircase.  The scent in the air grows stronger here, and is somewhat coppery.  You also see a hazy figure.
Obvious exits: up, down
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.

Nehor glances down.

A hazy figure just went down.

You stride away, moving down.
[Underground Passage, Archway]
This space is lit by an odd, phosphorescent lichen that clings to the walls all around you.  A massive archway serves as the entrance to a long, poorly lit hallway.  The air in here is still, and feels heavy around you, making it somewhat difficult to breathe.  The scent of blood is clearly identifiable, but there's no visible source for it.  This room is also noticeably cooler than usual.  You also see a hazy figure.
Obvious exits: north, up
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.
A coy badland spirit floats in, following you.

You sniff.

Nehor surveys the area.

A ruffed greatfang saunters in.

You say, "It smells like blood."

Avawren blinks.

Rohese bites her lip.

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Speaking somberly to a hazy figure, Sarmoya says, "I do not have my mother, either. I understand your pain."

A hazy figure says, "This space is... closer to my realm.  And that of many others."

>l lichen
Growing out from the cracks between stones in the walls and ceiling, this lichen radiates a soft white glow.

Ordim fidgets.

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

You curiously ask, "Is that why I was always drawn to the bar?"

You ask, "Was your mother influencing me?"

Ceyrin reaches out and touches some phosphorescent lichen.

You cock your head.

A hazy figure smiles softly.

A hazy figure says, "It sounds like her."

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese advises, "I wouldn't touch that, if I were you."

A hazy figure says, "Let us proceed."

Rohese glances at some phosphorescent lichen.

A hazy figure just went north.

Sarmoya takes a deep breath.

You gaze thoughtfully at some phosphorescent lichen.

You peer north and see ...
[Underground Passage, Hallway]
The air is heavy around you, moist and damp.  The lichen in this area is more prevalent, radiating its cool light from all directions, lighting the room in such a way that no shadows are thrown.  The walls are slightly curved, but become moreso overhead, forming an arched ceiling.  You also see a hazy figure and a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.
Obvious exits: north, south

Darcena's Father is a Brute and Bloodthirsty Monster


You stride away, moving north.
[Underground Passage, Hallway]
The air is heavy around you, moist and damp.  The lichen in this area is more prevalent, radiating its cool light from all directions, lighting the room in such a way that no shadows are thrown.  The walls are slightly curved, but become moreso overhead, forming an arched ceiling.  You also see a hazy figure and a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.
Obvious exits: north, south
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Khobra and your badland spirit followed.

Nehor paces to his left, moving in a circle around a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

You sniff.

>l statue
Beneath the layers of moss, the rough shape of two figures can be discerned.  One lies flat on the ground, with what appears to be an axe protruding from its head.  Another is hunched over, as if fighting a heavy wind, and facing away from the first.  The second figure appears to be holding something, but it's impossible to tell what.

Naamit gazes thoughtfully at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

Nehor thoughtfully murmurs, "Mmm."

You frown at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

You say, "I..."

A hazy figure asks, "Lady Darcena... please examine the statue.  Does it remind you of anything?"

You say, "Ghaila reminded me of..."

You say, "She sent me a memory of an axe."

You say, "And loud voices."

A hazy figure says, "Indeed.  That is your mother's axe.  In your father's head."

A pained expression crosses Rohese's face.

You blink at a hazy figure.

Naamit smirks.

Ordim blinks.

Apsaras blinks.

You ask, "How could she possibly know that?"

Ordim glances nervously at you.

Avawren shifts her weight.

Sarmoya closes his eyes for a moment.

You admit, "I don't remember what happened before I was found with the wolves."

A hazy figure says, "We deal in memory, Lady Darcena.  The stronger the memory, the more power it holds."

Ceyrin says, "I imagine omniscience has advantages. . ."

Rohese looks at you with concern.

Nehor dryly says, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Rohese shushes Nehor!

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Ordim nervously giggles.

You ask, "But... why?"

You stoutly ask, "And why is this even important?"

Sothog squints at Nehor.

Naamit grins slowly.

Sothog turns an inquisitive ear toward a hazy figure.

A hazy figure says, "You must know who you are before you can move forward."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Sarmoya pushes back on a silver-capped bleached bone scabbard, adjusting the entire black silk harness in the process.

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

A hazy figure says, "Your father was a brute.  A bloodthirsty monster, some called him."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because who were dictates who you are and who you will be."

You frown.

Ordim fidgets.

Rohese bites her lip.

Nehor slyly quips, "If she needs to know who she is, I can explain in detail. I've many words prepared that will describe her most correctly."

Nehor grins wickedly.

You adamantly say, "Just because you are... just because... That doesn't make you a monster."

A hazy figure says, "Your mother stayed by his side, even when he went into hiding deep in the Dragonspine Mountains."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya reminds, "Ignore him."

A hazy figure says, "You were but a babe at that point."

Khobra stares at Nehor with an unreadable look of utter blankness.

You give a sidelong glance at Nehor.

Avawren whispers something to Rohese.

Rohese agrees with Avawren.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "I am warning you once to be quiet and keep your comments to yourself and your cult."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in your direction.

A hazy figure says, "Your father claimed that he would bring food, and fire, but he did neither, and you and your mother grew weak."

Nehor touches one finger to his lips.

You turn to face a hazy figure.

Rohese whispers something to Nehor.

Ordim giggles.

A hazy figure says, "Your mother refused to eat what little she had, giving it all to you."

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Nehor, "<3 <3."

Sarmoya frowns.

You frown.

Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.

Sothog glances at you.

A hazy figure says, "She pleaded with your father to leave... to make their way back to town.  But he refused."

You say, "Perhaps she just didn't know how to reach him."

You say, "To help him."

You notice Sarmoya watching you warily out of the corner of his eyes.

Ondreian whispers something to Ceyrin.

Sarmoya gets an odd look on his face for a moment.

Speaking to you, Ordim offers, "That axe seemed to reach him."

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

Ordim furrows his brow.

A hazy figure says, "When she decided she would leave, and take you to safety... he attacked her.  He swore he would kill her if she left, and that he'd kill the 'runt' as well."

Ondreian says, "I do love a tale of cannibalism."

(Darcena stares resolutely at the figure, a haze of green slowly seeping into her stormy grey eyes.)

Sarmoya sternly says, "This is not the time for jokes."

Ondreian grins evilly.

Rohese's expression towards Nehor gives the impression that perhaps a different approach is in order.

You ask, "...The runt?"

A hazy figure says, "Your mother would take all manner of abuse on herself, but she wouldn't let him harm you.  She was a strong woman, and she took up the axe she used to split what little wood they'd been able to scavenge, and she planted it in his forehead."

You glance down.

Nehor coughs.

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "I am not a runt."

Ordim squints at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

Ordim glances between a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room and yourself.

Apsaras glances at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

Nehor glances at Rohese.

You confusedly say, "I suppose that is what she needed to do, then."

Rohese glances away.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "You've grown well beyond the 'runt' stage, I think."

Sarmoya looks at you with concern.

A hazy figure says, "The statue depicts the moments after that.  Your mother, turning away, sick with starvation, but determined to find shelter for you."

Ordim appears to be trying hard not to grin.

You glance at a moss-covered statue placed in the center of the room.

You say, "I... Ghaila, she sent me this memory."

A hazy figure says, "If you are willing, let us continue."

Speaking to a hazy figure, you ask, "But - how do I know that it is true?"

(Darcena seems to be struggling to take in the information.)

A hazy figure says, "You know, Lady Darcena.  You've always known.  You've been too scared."

Speaking to a hazy figure, Maylan says, "It's not a very happy story."

Maylan shakes her head.

A hazy figure says, "It is time to put that fear aside."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya asks, "What does your soul tell you?"

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Walk it through to its end and then decide."

You tighten your grip on your yellowed glass beaker.

Ordim removes a warm caramel apple muffin from in his frilly pink apron.

Ordim takes a bite of his caramel apple muffin.

You nod slowly.

Darcena's a Murderer, Too


You stride away, moving north.
[Underground Passage, Hallway]
This area of the hallway bows out on both sides, forming a circular room, with several steps down to a flat area at the center.  The walls are all painted with rough approximations of figures, each huge and muscular.  The lines used to create the paintings are thick and jagged, but brightly colored.  The effect is of a crowd surrounding the center area, staring.  You also see a broken statue placed in the center of the room.
Obvious exits: south
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren, Khobra and your badland spirit followed.

A hazy figure just arrived.

You furrow your brow before glancing confusedly around the room.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Ordim ponders.

>l statue
This statue is clearly broken, though there is no sign of any pieces on the ground around it.  What remains is most of the torso and legs of a giantman woman, kneeling and hunched over.  Her arms are missing, as is the upper portion of her head.

You reach out and touch a broken statue placed in the center of the room.

Maylan glances between a broken statue placed in the center of the room and yourself.

You confusedly ask, "Where's the rest?"

Nehor muses, "Broken...pieces missing...eaten?"

A hazy figure says, "Your mother was at the end of her strength, and driven nearly mad with starvation.  She became lost in the mountains."

You growl at Nehor.

Sarmoya frowns at a broken statue placed in the center of the room.

You glance warily around the room.

A hazy figure says, "She despaired... and lost a portion of her sanity in her desperation.  Her every thought was for you."

(Rohese attempts to reach out to touch you to reassure your but thinks better of it and retracts her hand.)

You ask, "Who is looking at her?"

>desc fig
You have never seen anything quite like a hazy figure, so you are not really sure what to make of it or how dangerous it might be.

(Darcena glances sidelong at the figure, the green haze receding from her eyes.)

A hazy figure says, "When she was at the end... with nothing left to give... she fell to her knees, still clutching you close."

You frown at a broken statue placed in the center of the room.

Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.

Sarmoya slowly empties his lungs.

Sothog glances at you.

Sothog glances at a hazy figure.

A hazy figure says, "She looked up at the last moment, her eyes going dark, and she saw a brown doe standing but a few feet away, staring at her with intense eyes."

Speaking to yourself, you murmur, "So I was not abandoned."

You cock your head.

Ordim ponders.

Avawren blinks.

Speaking to Avawren, you ask, "A doe?"

Apsaras glances at Avawren.

Speaking to Avawren, you say, "You, I think, would be familiar."

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "I dare not make assumptions."

A hazy figure says, "The doe vanished into the snows, and was replaced by a party of the Vaikalimara clan."

You abruptly say, "Oh."

You say, "I know of them."

A hazy figure asks, "Are you familiar with them, Lady Darcena?"

Ordim blinks.

You nod to the hazy figure.

A hazy figure says, "They took in your mother, and you, and brought the two of you back to camp."

A hazy figure says, "They nursed your mother back to health... but some part of her was still broken."

Sarmoya rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You frown.

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

A hazy figure says, "You, on the other hand... were a brute.  You had far too much of your father in you, they said."

Your jaw drops.

Ordim blinks at you.

You adamantly exclaim, "Why I never!"

You fold your arms over your chest.

A hazy figure says, "You killed three of your playmates."

Rohese wrinkles her nose.

Rohese studies you closely, pondering some aspect of your self with great consideration.

Naamit quips, "Should have cut off an arm and tied her to a tree."

Ordim breathes in deeply as he clenches a pipe in his mouth, then exhales slowly, causing some light amorphous clouds of puffy smoke to float up from his mouth.

Ondreian suggests, "And ate them?"

Nehor thoughtfully repeats, "Runt...brute...interesting. I shall have to make a note."

You uncertainly say, "I really don't think that could possibly be true."

Rohese's expression towards Naamit gives the impression that perhaps a different approach is in order.

You frown.

Speaking confusedly to Ondreian, Avawren asks, "Who are you, again?"

A hazy figure says, "Think back, Lady Darcena.  Remember their faces.  They were teasing you, in the way children do."

Nehor nods to the ruffed greatfang in agreement.

(Darcena seems to turn her thoughts inward, a myriad of expressions crossing her face.)

Avawren blinks at Ondreian.

Naamit whispers something to Rohese.

(Apsaras cants her head a bit to the left, quietly listening.)

Sothog blinks at you.

Speaking to Avawren, Ondreian asks, "Innocent bystander, how about yourself?"

You say, "I..."

You notice Nehor watching you warily out of the corner of his eyes.

A hazy figure says, "And you did not hesitate.  You killed the three of them, brutally.  Then calmly informed your mother what you had done."

Speaking to Ondreian, Ordim confirms, "She's the old pie shop delivery woman."

You fidget.

You murmur, "Well, it does sort of sound like something I'd do."

Nehor raises an eyebrow in your direction.

You scratch your arm.  That feels better.

You say, "They probably deserved it."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to Ordim, Avawren says, "I only delivered then to garbage barrel. I was awful at it."

A hazy figure says, "Your mother was heartbroken... she saw so much of your father in you.  The elders of the clan came to her with a solution."

Sarmoya looks thoughtfully at you.

(Darcena is continuing to listen, but her eyes look less and less grey as she ponders.)

Avawren frowns at you.

A hazy figure says, "They offered to wipe your memory, in hopes that you would remember nothing of your father, and become a blank slate that could be molded by your mother's hand."

You cock your head.

Rohese tilts her head slightly, turning her attention to you.  She regards you in a measured fashion, collecting her thoughts.

You curiously ask, "Is that why I don't -- Did they take that from me?"

Apsaras glances at you.

A hazy figure says, "Your mother was against it from the start.  She didn't want to lose you, and she couldn't escape the thought that that is exactly what would happen."

You cock your head.

You confusedly say, "But I am still me."

A pained expression crosses Sarmoya's face.

You glance down.

Sarmoya says, "That is a terrible bargain."

A hazy figure says, "But the clan was insistent.  They took you from her arms, and she lost another piece of her sanity."

Apsaras agrees with Sarmoya.

A hazy figure nods slowly to the statue.

You frown at a broken statue placed in the center of the room.

Sothog squints at a hazy figure.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a broken statue placed in the center of the room.

You ask, "Well, weren't they going to give me back?"

You raise an eyebrow, your bone chelioboros only enhancing your skeptical look.

Ondreian glances around the room.

You ask, "Perhaps she could have been a little more believing?"

Avawren looks thoughtfully at you.

A hazy figure says, "The clan wiped your memory, then brought you back to your mother, but she was too far gone, lost inside herself.  She looked at you, and through you, then turned away.  And you ran."

You take a drink from your pale red broth.  It is thick, with a metallic aftertaste.
You have one quaff left.

Sothog sighs.

(Sothog closes his eyes for a moment.)

Sarmoya closes his eyes for a moment.

(Darcena shifts uncomfortable, putting all her weight on her booted right foot.)

You adamantly say, "I still don't know what this has to do with anything."

A hazy figure says, "The clan did not follow you, deeming it best that you be gone.  And they told your mother that you were safe, and well."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Avawren sniffs.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You mutter, "Liars."

You say, "Luukos will eat their souls."

Ordim nods in agreement to you.

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Avawren quietly says, "Let a child run off alone and just hand wave it away ..."

Speaking to you, Ordim says, "Long line of people lying to you."

Ordim furrows his brow.

A hazy figure asks, "Lady Darcena... you have been running, and hiding, from others and yourself.  What exactly do you think your actions do to the memory of your mother's sacrifices?"

Sarmoya says, "Treachery knows no virtue."

Nehor glances between Avawren and Sarmoya.

Ondreian ponders.

You frown at a hazy figure.

You say, "Well, I didn't even know what happened."

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

You fold your arms over your chest.

A hazy figure says, "Your mother gave her life, and her sanity, to protect you."

A hazy figure says, "And you lie, even now."

You say, "She could just have easily have abandoned me in that wolf's den."

Apsaras raises an eyebrow.

Nehor repeats, "Luukos will eat her soul."

Speaking to Sarmoya, Ondreian asks, "That seems like silly binary thinking.  What if you betray a man trying to raze a city?"

>snarl
Ooh!  That felt great!

Rohese angrily shushes Nehor!

You adamantly state, "I am not lying!"

A hazy figure says, "You've always known, Darcena.  You hide from it, even in your own mind, but that type of love, and sacrifice, cannot be forgotten."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Ordim surveys the area.

You quietly murmur, "...loyalty..."

Speaking to Ondreian, Avawren suggests, "The halfling makes excellent muffins. You should ask him for one."

You say, "Is that.."

You ask, "Is that why loyalty is so important?"

You cock your head.

Ordim nods in agreement at Ondreian.

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

Ordim indicates a cast iron muffin tin as a possible option.

Ordim removes a warm raspberry muffin from in his muffin tin.

Ordim offers Ondreian a warm raspberry muffin.

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Ondreian declines Ordim's offer.

Ordim shrugs.

A hazy figure says, "Your mother taught you much... and you have remembered some of it."

Ordim takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

A ruffed greatfang pants heavily!

A hazy figure asks, "Shall we proceed?"

Ondreian says, "I will not suffer the Folly of the Mirror."

Nehor says, "Once more, into the memory breach."

Speaking helpfully to you, Sarmoya says, "Loyalty has many benefits."

Speaking softly to yourself, you growl, "Well, I'm not enjoying this so far."

Naamit grins wryly at Ondreian.

Avawren frowns at you.

You give a sidelong glance at Avawren.

Speaking plainly to Avawren, you say, "Look at your face."

Avawren says, "... I should have brought more broth."

Speaking to Avawren, you ask, "Are you even going to stand near me now?"

You echo, "A brute."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "It's also likely why you're inclined to be adversarial."

You echo, "A runt."

A hazy figure says, "You profess to have strength, Lady Darcena.  I would suggest it is time to prove it."

>snarl
Ooh!  That felt great!

You shortly say, "Fine."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "I think this was meant more to be confronted, rather than enjoyed."

Speaking confusedly to you, Avawren says, "Of course I am."

Sothog shrugs at you.

A hazy figure just went north.

Nehor agrees with Sothog.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Accepting the Past


You stride away, moving north.
[Underground Passage, Crucible]
The passage comes to an abrupt end here, though the wall that bars the way forward is of newer construction.  The walls to either side have open spaces, and each contains an item of some sort.  The air is slightly warmer here, but the scent of blood is clearly discernable.  Dripping sounds can be clearly heard coming from the other side of the wall.  You also see a hazy figure.
Obvious exits: south, out
Ondreian, Naamit, Sarmoya, Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Ordim, Nehor, Rohese, Apsaras, Avawren and Khobra followed.

Ordim takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

Speaking adamantly to a hazy figure, you say, "I am not a monster."

Speaking to Sothog, Nehor suggests, "Or endured, as the case may be."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "You do not look like a monster."

Speaking to Nehor, Sothog says, "Perhaps so."

Nehor gazes thoughtfully at a wall.

Rohese nods in agreement at Maylan.

Maylan says, "Monsters usually look scary."

Naamit gazes thoughtfully at a wall.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "That's a label you're making up yourself.  No one else has said that."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya agrees, "You are not a monster. You are not close to one."

You bite your lip.

This wall is much newer than those that make up the rest of the passageway, and also better-constructed.  Crimson liquid is streaked across its surface in chaotic patterns, though beneath the liquid, some lettering can be seen.
There appears to be something written on it.

Ordim offers, "I'm an Ordim!"

Ordim beams!

You see some open spaces.  Looking at the spaces, you see a bloody axe with a well-worn handle, a braided mithril armband and a kneeling giantman child figurine.

>read wall
In the Common language, it reads:
To move ahead, you must accept what has past.  Understand who, and what, you are.

A hazy figure says, "Monsters take many forms, Lady Darcena."

Speaking reassuringly to you, Rohese says, "Trust your instincts, I know how it feels to face your past.  It will make you stronger."

Nehor nods to the hazy figure.

You reach out and touch a wall.

A hazy figure says, "Your mother was the soul of patience.  She was loyal to your father in the extreme, and she loved you with everything she had."

You glance sharply at a hazy figure.

A hazy figure asks, "What have you ever loved that much?  When have you ever allowed yourself to open up that much?"

You hiss, "I have. And they just betray me repeatedly."

Ordim takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

Naamit flashes a quick grin at you.

A hazy figure says, "You have not.  You have played the role, and hidden behind your baser urges."

You grit your teeth.

Speaking to a kneeling giantman child figurine, Sarmoya says, "A person must come to their emotions in their time."

>l axe
You see nothing unusual.

>l arm
You see nothing unusual.

>glance arm
You glance at a braided mithril armband.

>l figurine
You see nothing unusual.

Rohese purses her mouth, pondering a wall.  The expression on her face speaks volumes.

You turn to face a wall.

A hazy figure says, "You have refused to acknowledge who, and what, you are.  You have hidden from those memories that shaped you for far too long."

Avawren nods in agreement at Apsaras.

You adamantly say, "I know what I am."

Speaking curiously to you, Nehor asks, "What do you think you are?"

Nehor cocks his head.

Speaking to Nehor, you snarl, "The person who will see you fall."

Rohese whispers something to Ceyrin.

Apsaras agrees with Avawren.

Ordim ponders.

A hazy figure says, "You are the daughter of a murderer... a bloodthirsty maniac.  And the daughter of a selflessly loyal woman who gave everything for your sake."

Sarmoya nods encouragingly to you.

Avawren smiles quietly to herself.

Ordim takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

You turn to face a hazy figure.

A hazy figure says, "You embrace the former... and sublimate the latter."

Ordim blinks.

Speaking disappointedly to you, Nehor asks, "Do not define yourself around others. That is not you...what are *you*, she-wolf?"

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

You adamantly state, "I show loyalty to my pack."

Rohese whispers something to Ceyrin.

You say, "I have given up much for them."

Ceyrin leans over and whispers, "Take the child, Darcena.  Accept it, and embrace it."

Ordim surveys the area.

Nehor exasperatedly asks, "That is what you do, but is it what you ARE?"

Ceyrin leans over and whispers, "You're the only one who can keep that child safe now."

Ordim takes a bite of his raspberry muffin.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

A hazy figure asks, "Do you think that you are nothing more than your pack?"

(Darcena exhales sharply and flinches.)

A hazy figure asks, "What are YOU, Lady Darcena?  Who are YOU, as an individual?"

Sothog says, "'An interesting question.  Sorcery is what I do, but it's not who I am."

Naamit whispers, "It doesn't matter now where you came from. Define who and what you want to be and execute."

Sothog shrugs.

Nehor nods at Sothog.

Sarmoya looks thoughtfully at you.

Ordim confidently confirms, "I'm an Ordim."

Ordim nods once.

You say, "I know that armband. I've seen it."

Speaking softly to you, Rohese reminds, "You are everything because you are Darcena, be true to yourself."

You point at a braided mithril armband.

A hazy figure asks, "Are you a monster, as your father was?"

Speaking to Sothog, Nehor says, "Let us see if she can understand...and sniff out an answer."

You say, "That's the armband of the Vaikalimara Clan."

You say, "Once you take on that armband, you disappear."

You say, "The Vaikalimara Clan are ghosts."

Ordim raises an eyebrow.

A hazy figure says, "And you claimed you didn't remember."

You flinch.

Speaking to you, Naamit asks, "Is that what you want?"

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

You exclaim, "No!"

You say, "My pack is here."

Rohese nods encouragingly to you.

Speaking to a braided mithril armband, 
Ordim says, "I used to want to be a lich, not a ghost."

You point at a bloody axe with a well-worn handle.

You say, "That axe was used by a woman who was loyal, but knew when loyalty's bounds were crossed."

Sothog nods to you.

You say, "A strong woman."

You say, "She stood up for herself."

Sarmoya reads, "To move ahead, you must accept what has past. Understand who, and what, you are."

Speaking to a kneeling giantman child figurine, you growl, "Do you say otherwise?"

Sothog agrees with you.

A hazy figure asks, "Your mother used the axe, but only to protect the one she loved.  Not as a weapon of murder.  Of bloodlust.  Can you say that you use your weapons in the same way?"

Sarmoya says, "This is wisdom."

Avawren nods approvingly to you.

Speaking to Sarmoya, you ask, "Is that what the wall says?"

You glance at a wall.

Apsaras nods to you.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "It is."

You frown at a hazy figure.

You say, "The child..."

Ordim furrows his brow.

You point at a kneeling giantman child figurine.

You say, "She did nothing but cause more hate and fear."

You say, "To the point a clan turned her out and said good riddance."

You turn to face Ceyrin.

Speaking to Ceyrin, you say, "I don't think the child means to me what it does to you."

You glance at a kneeling giantman child figurine.

Speaking bluntly to you, Ceyrin says, "You're wrong."

Kheelin Draws on the Memory of Mazorn


Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn asks, "Have you always acted as your mother would?"

You flinch.

>l
[Underground Passage, Crucible]
The passage comes to an abrupt end here, though the wall that bars the way forward is of newer construction.  The walls to either side have open spaces, and each contains an item of some sort.  The air is slightly warmer here, but the scent of blood is clearly discernable.  Dripping sounds can be clearly heard coming from the other side of the wall.  You also see a ruffed greatfang.
Also here: Ondreian, Mistress Naamit, Great Lord Sarmoya, Land Pirate Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Flockmaster Nehor, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Apsaras, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren, Mistress Khobra, Mazorn
Obvious exits: south, out

Ordim glances nervously at Mazorn.

You turn to face Mazorn.

Avawren turns around.

Speaking to Mazorn, you exclaim, "You turned her out!"

You exclaim, "You abandoned her!"

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn says, "Hello again, Darcena."

Apsaras raises an eyebrow.

Naamit looks thoughtfully at Mazorn.

Nehor examines Mazorn closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

You say, "And then look what you did in YOUR vengeance."

Nehor surprisedly says, "Socius's daggers really aren't what they used to be."

Avawren quietly says, "... now we are just getting weird."

You say, "Brought ruin to an island that did nothing to you."

Speaking to Mazorn, Naamit scolds, "You really should have used that crystal."

Mazorn turns an inquisitive ear toward you.

Naamit nods in agreement at Avawren.

Speaking to Mazorn, you say, "I see you, and I am shocked to do so."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Nehor says, "Perhaps a worse sin, he did not achieve the vengeance he sought. His vengeance went unfulfilled."

You say, "But I want to hear Ceyrin's thoughts."

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn says, "And you bought that, feeling her hurt, and betrayal, because it mirrored your own."

Rohese studies Ceyrin, giving him an intense consideration.

You flinch.

A ruffed greatfang barks loudly!

Sarmoya says, "I do not think this is the true Mazorn."."

Speaking to Mazorn, you hiss, "We do not speak of him."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "That child didn't do anything wrong.  She was just a child.  Children lack knowledge and agency.  They're not responsible for the things their misguided parents place upon them."

Mazorn turns to face Sarmoya.

Nehor glances at Ceyrin.

Speaking hoarsely to Sarmoya, Mazorn says, "You are correct, of course."

Mazorn bows to Sarmoya.

Speaking to Nehor, Avawren says, "Not even remotely worse than misplaced vengeance. He was a fool, you have things in common."

Speaking to Ceyrin, you say, "The child killed those Vaikalimara."

Ordim fidgets.

Sothog agrees with Sarmoya.

He smells just like Mazorn.

Speaking to Mazorn, Sarmoya says, "I admit, even knowing you are not Mazorn, I must suppress my anger."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "That child did what she thought was right, because she hadn't been taught better."
    
Avawren furrows her brow.

Naamit examines her fingernails.

You glance anxiously at Ceyrin.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Children do what they see, and that's exactly what she did."

Speaking to Ceyrin, you say, "But I do not want to be the ignorant child."

Mazorn nods understandingly at Sarmoya.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "You are not a child."

Speaking idly to Avawren, Nehor says, "And yet, he is dead...a shadow. The gate took him...and the gate has no hold on me."

Nehor examines his fingernails.

Speaking to you, Sothog asks, "Who says you have to be?"

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Then don't be.  But if you ignore that child inside yourself, that is exactly how you will remain."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Then choose none of those trinkets and carve your own path."

You frown.

You ask, "What does the wall say again?"

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "Your mother taught that child plenty, but you can not teach self control. You learn it."

Naamit slowly mentions, "To move ahead, you must accept what has past.  Understand who, and what, you are."

(Darcena sounds out the words, pausing here and there.)

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn says, "These ones speak the truth, Lady.  A truth you have yet to let yourself realize."

Apsaras agrees with Avawren.

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn asks, "Have you yet figured out the secret?"

You say, "Accept the past."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "You're still that child, stuck in that past."

You glance at a kneeling giantman child figurine.

Ordim removes a yellowed glass beaker from in his dark grey satchel.

Ordim takes a drink from his yellowed glass beaker.

You adamantly blurt, "Well I just don't like that at all!"

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Of course you don't."

You anxiously ask, "Have I not done any good at all?"

Mazorn hoarsely says, "You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it, and the role it plays in your life."

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "Growth hurts, it's rather awful in the moment."

Avawren nods understandingly to you.

Nehor folds his arms over his chest, his eyes glazing over with boredom.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "That's not the question you should be asking yourself."

Apsaras agrees with Avawren.

You frown at Ceyrin.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "No one here can give you the answer that child is looking for except you."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "No one else remains."

(Darcena whispers something to herself, softly.)

[mychar] Darcena whispers, "I want a home. I want to belong."

Ordim takes a drink from his yellowed glass beaker.

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

You glance between a kneeling giantman child figurine and a bloody axe with a well-worn handle.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "You are responsible for your path, Lady Darcena.  You accept what you are, and what made you that way, and you find your own way forward."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "It is not about what you have done since."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "It is about what has happened."

You reach out and touch a kneeling giantman child figurine.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "Pretending it did not does not make it disappear."

You glance at Ceyrin.

Speaking simply to Ceyrin, you say, "You'd better be right, or we will once again find the truth in the axe."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "You can forgive her."

Mazorn smiles slightly.

Avawren gives a sidelong glance at Rohese.

You glance at a kneeling giantman child figurine.

>sniff figurine
It smells like a kneeling giantman child figurine.

Rohese bites her lip.

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn asks, "You don't want to be that scared child?"

Rohese nods slowly at Avawren.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "If it helps..."

Speaking to Mazorn, you say, "I will never be that scared child again."

Speaking tightly to you, Sarmoya says, "I have been down this path myself."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "You've never stopped being that scared child."

Sothog nods to you.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "I know how difficult it is. I also know how important it is."

Speaking clearly to you, Mazorn declares, "Then stop letting her guide you."

You grit your teeth.

You say, "Fine. You're all so much smarter and more wise than I am."

Naamit turns around.

You ask, "What precisely am I supposed to do now?"

You fold your arms over your chest.

Rohese whispers something to Avawren.

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn says, "If you are ready... open the way."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Move on."

Mazorn nods to a wall.

Speaking to you, Nehor scolds, "Stop. Stop letting others decide for you. DECIDE. CHOOSE who you wish to be."

Speaking gently to you, Sarmoya says, "You have help in this journey."

Nehor scoffs.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "Find your own wisdom."

Maylan knocks on a wall.

>l wall
This wall is much newer than those that make up the rest of the passageway, and also better-constructed.  Crimson liquid is streaked across its surface in chaotic patterns, though beneath the liquid, some lettering can be seen.
There appears to be something written on it.

(Maylan attempts to proceed, but bumps into the wall.)

(OOC) Mazorn's player whispers, "OPEN will get you in."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "Not all enlightenment is from without."

Nazhor's Laboratory


>open wall
As you place a hand on the wall, you feel it grow warm beneath your touch.  You become suddenly dizzy, and close your eyes momentarily.  When you open them again, you're in a new location.

[Nazhor's Laboratory, Entry]
Standing in front of you is amber door, with no visible handles or latches.  The only thing betraying its nature are a pair of gargantuan hinges on one side.  To either side and above the door, dark obsidian spreads into the rocky ceiling overhead, and to the edges of a huge chasm on either side.  Etched into the amber are a series of lines of text.
Obvious exits: out
>l
[Nazhor's Laboratory, Entry]
Standing in front of you is amber door, with no visible handles or latches.  The only thing betraying its nature are a pair of gargantuan hinges on one side.  To either side and above the door, dark obsidian spreads into the rocky ceiling overhead, and to the edges of a huge chasm on either side.  Etched into the amber are a series of lines of text.
Obvious exits: out

You blink.
You sniff.

You say, "It smells like Nazhor."

The door has been carefully etched with the following symbols:  1677721616384LU819216384551281212112816255ADIVIR246368XX556765APAUIDAZ8524288676541812621441638437728657QP377233IF750252865732768524288QX8192409613421QW3428657IPQN81QW16777216

You blink at a massive amber door.

You say, "What.... Is that."

You peer out and see ...
[Underground Passage, Crucible]
The passage comes to an abrupt end here, though the wall that bars the way forward is of newer construction.  The walls to either side have open spaces, and each contains an item of some sort.  The air is slightly warmer here, but the scent of blood is clearly discernable.  Dripping sounds can be clearly heard coming from the other side of the wall.  You also see a narrow doorway and a ruffed greatfang.
Also here: Ondreian, Mistress Naamit, Great Lord Sarmoya, Land Pirate Maylan, Ceyrin, Sothog, Relic Hunter Ordim, Flockmaster Nehor, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Apsaras, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren, Mistress Khobra, Mazorn
Obvious exits: south, out

Land Pirate Maylan just arrived.

You belt out, "There's all kinds of STUFF on this door."

Nehor, Sarmoya, Sothog, Avawren, Naamit, and Ordim just arrived.

Avawren's jaw drops.

Nehor surveys the area.

Ceyrin's group just arrived.

You squint at a massive amber door.

Ordim surveys the area.

Avawren exclaims, "Finally!"

Sarmoya stares at a massive amber door.

Sothog blinks.

You ask, "Where is Anarquendi?"

Sarmoya eyes a massive amber door up and down with a thoughtful expression on his face.

Rohese gasps.

Ceyrin glances around the room.

Avawren looks over at you and shakes her head.

Apsaras gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

>open door
There doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

Rohese glances around the room.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a massive amber door.

Ceyrin stares at a massive amber door.

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "Not with us today."

Ordim stares at a massive amber door.

Nehor interestedly says, "I see. Penre spoke of this place."

Sarmoya joins your group.

Sothog says, "It looks like somebody had a drunken engraver's convention."

Sothog squints at a massive amber door.

Ordim squints at Maylan.

You give a sidelong glance at Sothog.

Avawren taps something in a smoke black-on-gold jacquard bag.

Speaking amusedly to a massive amber door, Naamit says, "Well. That's a curious statement."

Avawren removes a slim silver-enruned album from in her jacquard bag.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim exclaims, "Is this your work too!"

Ordim frowns at Maylan.

Avawren flips open her silver-enruned album.

Ordim points at a massive amber door.

Speaking to Sothog, you say, "I would usually find that very humorous, but for some reason, I'm not in the mood."

Speaking to Naamit, Sarmoya asks, "It is a statement?"

As Avawren waves her open silver-enruned album out in front of her, its pages flip back and forth in a flurry of motion that cannot be explained simply by the movement of her hand.

Rohese purses her mouth, pondering a massive amber door.  The expression on her face speaks volumes.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "This is what it seems."

Naamit quips, "It's something alright."

Avawren frowns.

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "I have no idea."

Ondreian points at a massive amber door.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "I don't blame you, all things considered."

Apsaras squints at a massive amber door.

Ondreian says, "That looks cryptic."

Speaking to Mazorn, you ask, "Are you really Mazorn?"

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "If it is, I'm rather impressed with myself."

You say, "Because I just got done saying I was going to have a memorial for you."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Avawren gawks at a massive amber door.

Rohese brushes her fingers lightly against a massive amber door.

Ceyrin leans over and whispers, "Be sure you thank that child.  She needs your strength."

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim agrees, "I didnt know you knew how to write."

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a massive amber door.

You say, "And I'm pretty sure you're actually Kheelin."

Avawren quietly says, "... oh dear."

Avawren put a slim silver-enruned album in her jacquard bag.

Ordim takes a drink from his yellowed glass beaker.

You squint at Mazorn.

Speaking hoarsely to you, Mazorn says, "I am not.  I am a product of the resonance your memories have brought, and it is easier to take a form."

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan asks, "I do?"

Maylan says, "Well that is good to know."

Avawren turns to the next page of her notebook.

Mazorn turns to face a massive amber door.

You ask, "Could you take any other form besides him?"

You grumble.

Avawren bends over her notebook and begins writing with her quill.  After a moment, she lifts her head and scans back over what she has written with a critical eye.

Ordim takes a drink from his yellowed glass beaker.

Avawren frowns at a pearl-inset jade leather notebook.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "This is the entrance.  He does not guard it, for he believes it impregnable."

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Apsaras ponders.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "I asked him already."

Speaking to Sarmoya, you say, "Oh. I was distracted."

Naamit removes a dark bistre cracked leather album from in her black leather bag.

Ceyrin reaches out and touches a massive amber door.

You blush a light pink shade at Sarmoya.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "I hesitate to use any more power than I must."

Rohese places her hand on her oval case.

Rohese purses her mouth, pondering her oval case.  The expression on her face speaks volumes.

(Maylan begins to systematically touch everything within reach.)

Speaking to Mazorn, Sothog says, "That's wise.  The nastiest problem with power is knowing when _not_ to use it."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "Do not worry. You have much to deal with."

You drolly say, "I guess we'll be dragging chairs in here."

Ceyrin looks over at Rohese and shakes his head.

As Naamit waves her open cracked leather album out in front of her, its pages flip back and forth in a flurry of motion that cannot be explained simply by the movement of her hand.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a massive amber door.

Rohese wrinkles her nose.

Sothog agrees with you.

Avawren gazes heavenward.

Rohese nods understandingly at Ceyrin.

Avawren turns around.

Naamit put a dark bistre cracked leather album in her black leather bag.

Ordim searches around for a moment.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "If you should find a way to open this door, you can confront him."

You surprisedly ask, "Nazhor is inside there?"

Nehor carefully suggests, "Not something I would advise."

Mazorn hoarsely says, "In a manner of speaking."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "Unfortunately.  Or make some rubbings of this and take them someplace more convenient."

With a sudden look of surprise, Rohese quickly backpedals away from a massive amber door.

You say, "I don't think I could confront him at this juncture; with his meek powers, he is just too strong."

Speaking to Mazorn, Maylan says, "It's just a bunch of jibber jabber."

Mazorn hoarsely says, "What is contained in there will... lead you to his hiding place."

You say, "I saw what he did to Elspie."

Speaking to Mazorn, Ceyrin says, "Elaborate."

Rohese moves to stand behind Ceyrin.

Maylan abruptly kicks at a massive amber door!

Avawren shifts her weight.

Sothog makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Sothog gestures.
Sothog appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Sothog turns an ear toward a massive amber door.

Nehor taps a massive amber door.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "And Nazhor is no longer a meek... for the time being."

Nehor narrows his eyes.

Sothog says, "Hrm."

You blink at Mazorn.

You ask, "He's not?"

Rohese surreptitiously glances at her oval case.

Speaking to Mazorn, Maylan says, "Meeks are bad."

Rohese bites her lip.

Nehor smirks.

Avawren furrows her brow.

You glance at Rohese.

Speaking to Mazorn, Avawren asks, "He could reclaim it?"

Rohese glances away.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "He has lost his tome, and his stone.  He cannot access those powers any longer."

Speaking to Maylan, Sothog says, "Except when they're not."

You ask, "Rohese, what did you do to Ghaila?"

Speaking to Maylan, Ceyrin says, "So is arson, but you're still free."

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Speaking hoarsely to Avawren, Mazorn says, "If he were to reclaim both, then yes, he could re-ascend."

Speaking confusedly to Ceyrin, Maylan asks, "Arson?"

Avawren frowns.

Speaking softly to you, Rohese pleads, "Honestly, I did nothing but follow her advice."

Apsaras frowns.

Speaking to Ordim, Maylan says, "That fella says meeks can be not bad."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Maylan points at Sothog.

Nehor glances between Rohese and yourself.

Speaking to Mazorn, Avawren asks, "Why don't you people have some sort of crazy-maniac test for these things?"

Speaking hoarsely to Avawren, Mazorn says, "Speak to those of your world who gave him the tome.  Each world has their own meek."

Ordim blinks.

Speaking to Mazorn, Sarmoya asks, "Is it possible for him to get those items back?"

Naamit smirks.

Speaking to Maylan, Ordim confirms, "Lies."

Ordim nods once.

Avawren blinks at Mazorn.

Speaking sincerely to you, Rohese says, "I am so sorry she suffered for it, I truly am.  Had I known, I would have chosen differently."

Speaking to Sothog, Maylan says, "That fella says you lie."

Maylan points at Ordim.

Speaking to Mazorn, Ceyrin asks, "And who is it that gave him the tome?"

Naamit takes a drink from her lavender teacup.

Speaking coolly to Avawren, Nehor informs, "Power is drawn by those with strong enough will to take it. Those who play by ideals will lose to those who play for power."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Speaking mournfully to Rohese, you say, "She was a friendly voice in my mind."

Speaking to Maylan, Sothog says, "Taking that under advisement.  Thanks."

You sadly say, "There are so few of those."

Sothog grins at Maylan.

Speaking to Nehor, Avawren says, "Go eat a muffin."

Speaking sympathetically to you, Rohese says, "Mine too."

Sothog leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

Rohese reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

Speaking hoarsely to Ceyrin, Mazorn says, "I do not know.  I am deep in Darcena's memories, to maintain the correspondence."

Ordim removes a warm peach muffin from in his muffin tin.

Rohese softly says, "We will mourn her together."

Ordim offers Nehor a warm peach muffin.

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Nehor begins chuckling at Ordim!

Nehor declines Ordim's offer.

Ordim folds his arms across his chest and with a shrug, grins deviously.  He must be up to something!

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Speaking smoothly to Ordim, Nehor says, "Perhaps another time."

You nod slowly at Rohese.

Ordim nods understandingly.

Speaking to his peach muffin, Ordim says, "More for me."

Mazorn glances up sharply.

Ordim giggles.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.
That was the last of it!

You sniff your yellowed glass beaker.
It smells like nice, fresh yellowed glass beaker!

Ceyrin fidgets with a gold and brass ring.

Mazorn interestedly says, "There is something... about to happen."

Ordim blinks.

You blink at Mazorn.
Speaking tersely to Nehor, Rohese says, "What do you know of ideals."

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

Apsaras cocks her head at Mazorn.

Ceyrin raises an eyebrow in Mazorn's direction.

Ordim walks to stand behind a massive amber door.

You curiously ask, "....Where?"

Maylan just tried to pull a massive amber door.

Speaking calmly to Rohese, Nehor replies, "Enough. But the question you should ask? What do I know of struggle...and more importantly, what do I know of power?"

Nehor smirks.

Mazorn hoarsely says, "I would suggest that you all make your way to... Socius' office?  He has something to speak with you about..."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Mazorn scratches his head.

You say, "I will take us there."

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

You say, "Anyone who wishes to follow."

Naamit grumbles, "Finally, he's decided to break the baracade on his door?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Socius Speaks

[Editor's note: a group including Asparas, Avawren, Sarmoya, Nehor, Maylan, Rohese, Ordim, Ceyrin, Ondreian, Naamit, and Khobra traveled.]


You stride away, moving up.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a narrow staircase, Greth and a basket of sticks.
Obvious exits: none

You glance at a narrow staircase.

You nod once.

Nehor dusts himself off.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "Thanks for the broth."

You move toward a set of swinging oak doors, striding away.
[Western Harbor, Seathrak Way]
Prismatic swirls spiral across the pale cobblestones, their source the glass-sided lanterns that are hung in even intervals amongst the cottages and shops that line the street.  Loud and distinct, the thunderous crash of the surf upon the nearby jetty floods the area and carries with it the acrid scent of the sea, while nearer at hand is the sound of women laughing.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

[more traveling]

You move toward a set of double doors, striding away.
[Hale Hall, Socius' Office]
The scent of lavender fills your nostrils in this space, as a pair of stone pots containing large lavender plants in full bloom rest on either side of the wooden doors.  The walls are painted a pale green, and the carpet underfoot is a complementary, slightly darker green with an intricate pattern of interlaced deep blue woven throughout it.  A large writing desk stands in the middle of the space, and directly behind it stands a large picture window looking out onto the street.  You also see a long mahogany bench along one wall, a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk with some stuff on it and a small leather guestbook.
Also here: Socius who is sitting
Obvious exits: none
Maylan, Nehor, Sarmoya, Avawren, Naamit, Ordim, Apsaras, Ceyrin, Rohese, Ondreian, Khobra and Sothog followed.

Naamit says, "Soc."

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Rohese smiles at Socius.

Naamit clears her throat.

You stare at Socius.

Sarmoya bows to Socius.

Apsaras waves to Socius.

Ordim helps himself to a moist blueberry muffin.

Avawren gently closes her jade leather notebook.

Socius nods slowly.

Avawren tucks her coppery hawk quill behind her ear, adjusting the quill slightly.

Ordim put a moist blueberry muffin in his frilly pink apron.

Speaking to Socius, Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Socius turns to face Nehor.

You slowly say, "Socius."

Nehor frowns at Socius.

Nehor stands there stubbornly, folding his arms over his chest.

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "A most... interesting proposal."

Nehor nods curtly.

Rohese glances between Socius and Nehor.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

On the tray of refreshments:
Food/Drink [16]: a cup of pale winter rose tea (2), a cup of black currant tea (2), a cup of golden jasmine tea (2), a sweetened berry-topped croissant (2), a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur (2), a glass of thick black stout (2), a shot of well-aged whiskey, a slice of nut and fudge torte, a bowl of colorful candies, a moist blueberry muffin
Total items: 16

Avawren looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Speaking tersely to Socius, Nehor says, "...I take it since you are speaking with words and not your knives, you are at least considering it."

You grimace.

You remove a glass of thick black stout from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim whispers aloud, "You also aren't tied up."

You take a drink from your thick black stout.  The stout is so thick, you wonder what ingredients went into its brewing.
You have 4 quaffs left.

Ordim shrugs.

Nehor glances at Ordim.

Speaking flatly to Ordim, you say, "Unfortunately."

Speaking to herself, Apsaras says, "Considerin' what...."

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "You make a compelling case, and your actions during the invasion did not go unnoticed."

Socius sighs.

Suddenly, your stomach starts to churning, and a sense of uneasiness passes over you, heralded by a vague wave of queasiness.

Ordim breathes in deeply as he clenches a pipe in his mouth, then exhales slowly, causing some light amorphous clouds of puffy smoke to float up from his mouth.

You groan.

Socius quietly says, "Let me be blunt with you all."

You quietly whisper to Avawren, "He poisoned me."

Another wave of nausea washes over you, accompanied by a stab of pain low in your gut, and you realize that something is terribly amiss.

Ceyrin seems to be waiting for something.

Apsaras cocks her head at Socius.

Naamit asks, "Which ones, instigating of invasion, or running from the monsters with his tail between his legs?"

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Avawren blinks at you.

Speaking calmly to Socius, Nehor informs, "I am a pragmatic man. You will find that idealists are far more...difficult...to deal with."

Avawren says, "Oh for the love of ..."

Another surge of pain rises from your stomach, seeping into your chest, forcing your breath out in quick gasps as your knees begin to tremor and weaken.  Reflexively, you clutch at your stomach.

You nod at Avawren.

Rohese raises an eyebrow in Nehor's direction.

Socius quietly says, "Nazhor is at his weakest, and must be dealt with."

You quietly whisper to Ceyrin, "Ordim poisoned me."

Ordim grumbles.

You glance between Ceyrin and Ordim.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Originating at your core, tides of pain begin to course through your limbs, and beneath your weight, your legs turn to jelly, and you collapse.  At the mercy of your own ever-mounting torment, your entire body trembles and your vision swims as you are helpless to do anything except writhe.

Ceyrin raises an eyebrow in your direction.

A pained expression crosses Rohese's face as she grimaces at you.

Speaking to you, Ordim says, "Diving into memories must be exhausting..."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Nehor looks thoughtfully at you.

Speaking to Ordim, Avawren says, "Vile little creature."

Sarmoya just failed to pull you to your feet.

Socius quietly says, "The fact remains that he is of frightening power on his own."

Instinctively, you attempt to cry out, but as you open your mouth, all you hear issue forth is a piteous noise, wretched and groaning.  Though your body is no longer under your control, your mind is, and it screams, thoughts locked inside a shell of suffering.  Fingers twisted and gnarled, you claw hopelessly at nothing.

Nehor nods.

The pain has become blinding, and it suffuses every inch of your flesh.  With a moan, your eyes roll back into your head, and everything goes black.  Still wretchedly aware inside the cage of your mind, each sound is sharp and poignant, and the pain...the pain above all is vivid and unforgettable.

(OOC) Ordim's player whispers to the group, "Socius poisoned Darcena!"

Socius quietly says, "And Nehor has an interesting tale to tell.  I would appreciate you all listening."

Speaking to Socius, Sarmoya says, "Send for a healer, please. She needs help."
>whisper ooc group I h8 you so much.
You are still stunned.

Socius growls ferociously!

Just as the climax of agony floods your being, conquering the last of your senses to trigger a high-pitched ringing in your ears, and you think you can take no more, the pain in your chest begins to ease, and breathing becomes easier.

Nehor suggests, "Perhaps a medic, for the she-wolf."

Naamit grumbles at Socius.

You are still stunned.

(OOC) Avawren's player whispers to the group, "I cleaned off the tray yesterday."

Ceyrin gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
Ceyrin gestures at you.
Your skin takes on a more pinkish tint.

Nehor wryly says, "She's had a...trying day."

Like water pouring out of an overturned vessel, the pain flows out of you in increments.  First your chest relaxes fully, allowing you to gulp in the air of which you'd been deprived, and then your stomach unknots and stills.  From your arms and legs, the tension in your muscles recedes, leaving in its place a sense of relief that echoes in sinew and marrow.

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Ordim breathes in deeply as he clenches a pipe in his mouth, then exhales slowly, causing some light amorphous clouds of puffy smoke to float up from his mouth.

Speaking to Nehor, Avawren says, "I'd suggest a medic for the halfing very soon."

Ondreian rolls his eyes.

Your hands and feet begin to tingle as the last of the pain vanishes, and you open your eyes with difficulty to gaze dazedly at your surroundings.  Finally able to move your limbs, you begin to do so experimentally, as if unsure of their functionality.

Socius stands up.

You don't seem to be able to move to do that.

Socius just failed to pull you to your feet.

Ordim's jaw drops.

Speaking doubtfully to Avawren, Nehor says, "Mmm. Alas, his disorders are not so easily cured."

Sarmoya kneels down.

Socius turns to face Ordim.

When at last your breathing reverts to its normal state, you are left feeling weak and drained in the wake of your affliction.

Expressions of utter shock, disbelief, and horror cross Ordim's features as he shakes his head repeatedly in denial.

Ordim raises his hands in surrender!

Speaking to you, Sarmoya asks, "Can you hear us?"

(OOC) You whisper, "I h8 you so much you pest." to your group.

Ordim exclaims, "I didnt do anything!"

You stand back up.

Nehor announces, "If you are all well enough to listen, I can perhaps explain a bit of why Nazhor is weak, and what we have done to protect you."

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "That is the more painful one as well ..."

Speaking quietly to Ordim, Socius says, "This... is too much.  You go too far."

Speaking coolly to Avawren, Nehor says, "What you see is not all that occurs."

Sarmoya stands up.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim exclaims, "It's your tray!"

Rohese studies Ordim, giving him an intense consideration.

Ordim frowns.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "You haven't done anything to protect anyone but yourself."

Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.

Suddenly, a large group of cudgel-waving townsmen come barreling in.  They wrestle Ordim to the ground and drag him off, chanting something about a hanging!

You growl, "Luckily physical pain is something I am quite used to. I will recover and listen to Nehor."

alael just arrived.

Ceyrin nods once.

You adamantly snarl, "But Illistim will hear of this."

Speaking to Socius, Nehor soothes, "Peace. He is under my protection...and he did not kill the wolf. I will...talk to him, later."

Khobra smirks.

Avawren rubs you gently.

Nehor sets about preparing himself to be as presentable as possible.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit reminds, "Instigator of invasions gets less a crime than poisoning of a single soul."

Speaking coldly to Nehor, Socius says, "He is being dealt with."

Naamit looks over at Socius and shakes her head.

Nehor slowly empties his lungs.

You turn your thick black stout upside down, pouring the black liquid all over the floor.

Speaking wearily to Socius, Nehor says, "His health is vital to...what is to come. Please do not 'deal with' him in your normal manner."

Speaking to Nehor, Ceyrin says, "You're not doing yourself any favors by protecting him.  Your position is already weak.  Don't compromise it further."

You say, "If... He was the one who poisoned me."

You ask, "Was he also then the one who poisoned Ilsola?"

>snarl
Ooh!  That felt great!

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "It was probably Nehor who poisoned you."

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "He was."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "The symptoms seem similar, at least."

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Rohese takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "He will pay the price this time.  If he should repeat his offense, it will go worse for him."

Nehor reminds, "Are we going to sit around and speak of minor misdeeds? Or are we all ready to confront the shadow that hangs over us all?"

Nehor places his arms akimbo and looks about as if waiting for something.

You ask, "Minor?"

You exclaim, "Ilsola almost died!"

You growl at Nehor.

Socius grinds his teeth.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit exclaims, "Misdeeds!"

Socius quietly exclaims, "Enough!"

Khobra leans against the window, taking a momentary rest.

Rohese nods in agreement at Socius.

You take a deep breath.

Speaking to you, Nehor retorts, "And will do more than 'almost' die if you refuse to take heed to my words."

You flatly mutter, "I need a drink."

Nehor calmly asks, "Now. May I explain?"

Nehor cocks his head.

Socius says, "Arguing amongst ourselves is pointless.  Nehor has a tale that needs to be heard."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Naamit rolls her eyes.

Nehor clears his throat.

Ceyrin says, "Assuming it's not false, anyway."

Speaking to Socius, Sarmoya says, "As you wish."

Calael offers you a shot of well-aged whiskey.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Maylan says, "I don't wanna hear anymore stories."

Maylan lets out a large belch and wanders off.

Rohese whispers something to Ceyrin.

You accept Calael's offer and are now holding a shot of well-aged whiskey.

Rohese studies Socius, giving him an intense consideration.

Ondreian signs his name on a small leather guestbook.

You nod gratefully at Calael.

Calael adopts an agreeable expression.

Calael pours himself a shot of well-aged whiskey.

Speaking softly to Rohese, Socius says, "Peace, Lady Rohese.  It will become apparent."

You take a drink from your well-aged whiskey.  The faintest hint of honey sweetens its deep smoky flavor.

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Rohese nods slowly at Socius.

Naamit grumbles to herself.

Nehor slowly begins, "As you well know...Nazhor and I...me and my Flock...have been in close contact for some time. I believed that he wanted...something different than turned out to be true."

Nehor slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking sarcastically to Nehor, Ceyrin says, "No."

You narrow your eyes.

Nehor admits, "This was a mistake. But we had a plan in place...we are not fools. We had begun preparations when he struck first. Luckily...we had prepared for that too...and I was rescued from blind rage."

Nehor glances at Socius.

Nehor coughs.

Socius scowls at Nehor.

Speaking to Nehor, Socius says, "Get on with it."

Rohese shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "Less editorializing."

Sothog squints at Nehor.

Nehor continues, "Yes. We set a trap for him. When he came, we struck. We were...not successful, in our attempt to remove him. But!"

Nehor grins slowly.

Ceyrin asks, "You mean self-aggrandizement?"

Rohese gently rests her hand on Ceyrin's shoulder.

Nehor proudly declares, "We were successful in taking away his power."

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "I don't believe you."

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "Socius has asked us to listen, we must respect that."

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Sothog sighs.

Sothog agrees with Rohese.

Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.
The black ora medallion around Khobra's neck is momentarily engulfed in a shroud of darkness!

Sothog leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

Nehor explains, "We retrieved the Key to his tome. Without it, he cannot access it. It is in the possession of...friends. So for now...he cannot use his Tome. If we could retrieve the tome? We could perhaps use it against *him*."

He smells just like Ceyrin.

You sharply ask, "What?"

You ask, "You have the tome?"

Rohese glances at her oval case.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "No."

Speaking to you, Nehor corrects, "The Key to it."

Rohese softly says, "He does not."

Socius nods slowly at Rohese.

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Sarmoya folds his arms over his chest.

Rohese softly confides, "I do."

Avawren shifts her weight.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Rohese's direction.

Speaking surprisedly to Rohese, Nehor says, "...Interesting."

Khobra nonchalantly remarks, "That'z vhat'z in the room, perhapz."

Speaking to Rohese, Socius asks, "Would you give your story, Lady Rohese?"

You blink at Rohese.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Rohese.

Rohese smiles at Ceyrin.

Sothog blinks at Rohese.

Apsaras glances at Rohese.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "I trust Socius, so must you."

Speaking absently to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "Mmhmm."

Speaking to Rohese, Sothog says, "Well, color me impressed."

You sit down next to Ceyrin.

Rohese softly explains, "I experienced ... something in the Library last week that lead me to an opportunity."

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Rohese softly says, "It's hard to put into words but like Darcena ..."

Naamit purses her lips, the glaes ring within them appearing a bit more prominent.

Apsaras nods at Avawren.

Rohese glances at you.

Rohese softly says, "I faced my past."

Socius raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Apsaras cocks her head at Rohese.

Rohese smiles at you.

You quietly mutter, "I hope it wasn't nearly as traumatic for you."

Nehor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "We've had ... an afternoon."

Avawren nods once.

Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius says, "So it would seem."

Speaking softly to you, Rohese says, "It wasn't, it was enlightening and strengthening."

You blurt, "Wait."

You say, "Ghaila."

You ask, "That's what happened to her?"

You frown at Rohese.

Speaking interestedly to Rohese, Nehor says, "...curious. No wonder Nazhor was so quick to take the bait we had laid for him."

Socius blinks.

Rohese nods to you.

Speaking to you, Socius asks, "Who?"

You mournfully say, "My meek."

You say, "She died."

Speaking softly to you, Rohese admits, "She gave her life so I could walk through my memories."

Socius blinks at you.

Rohese reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Avawren frowns.

Speaking sincerely to you, Rohese says, "I am so sorry."

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Speaking quietly to Avawren, Socius murmurs, "We need to speak after this.  I appear to have missed much."

You mournfully say, "I am, as well."

Avawren nods in agreement at Socius.

Speaking warmly to Socius, Avawren says, "Of course."

Speaking softly to you, Rohese assures, "But in doing so, she allowed me to retrieve this."

Rohese just opened a lacquered oval case of silver and black cloisonne.

(Khobra glances at her hands.)

Rohese removes a blue and black tome covered in silvered scrollwork from in her oval case.

Rohese bites her lip.

You slowly ask, "May I see it?"

Speaking curiously to Rohese, Nehor asks, "Have you attempted to use it, yet?"

Rohese shows you a blue and black tome covered in silvered scrollwork, which she is holding in her right hand.  The cover of this book contains a small niche, directly in the center, which appears empty.

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

You ask, "I assume that is for the... key?"

Speaking sharply to Nehor, Rohese says, "Of course not, I don't seek power like some."

You ask, "Did you say what that key was?"

You peer quizzically at Nehor.

Socius nods slowly at Naamit.

Speaking understandingly to Rohese, Nehor says, "Ah. So you were okay with letting Nazhor just continue to kill and slaughter, without even trying to see if you could use the tome to stop him. I see."

Nehor nods sagely.

Speaking to Nehor, Socius snaps, "Enough!"

(Darcena rolls her eyes and growls under her breath.)

Avawren rolls her eyes.

Socius says, "Now..."

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Nehor glares.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "You have no idea, do you."

Speaking to Nehor, Ceyrin says, "I've met children with more guile than you, little man."

Rohese looks at Nehor blankly, at a loss to express herself.

Socius says, "Nehor... has come with a proposal."

Nehor nods once.

Naamit rolls her eyes.

Sothog turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.

You sarcastically mutter, "To turn himself in for real justice and hand over the key so we can stop the atrocities?"

Ceyrin points at you!

Nehor laughs at you!

Speaking to Nehor, you growl, "You'd make a nice snack."

Avawren points at you!

Speaking gently to you, Rohese says, "That would be more than we could hope for, I'm sure."

Sarmoya turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.

Rohese glances appraisingly at Nehor.

Nehor amusedly says, "Harm me, and you will never see the stone, and the world will burn."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Socius says, "As they have the key, and we have the tome... it is either incumbent on one side or the other to take on Nazhor on their own... or to join forces, and in so doing, have the ability to use the assembled tome, perhaps to nominate a new meek."

Naamit whispers, "Like I said earlier. Carve a path and execute."

You grit your teeth.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese asks, "Do you ever think of anyone but yourself?"

Speaking to Nehor, Ceyrin says, "Keep it, and Nazhor will kill you and take it back, if Socius doesn't first."

Rohese raises an eyebrow in Nehor's direction.

(Darcena blinks as soon as Socius mentions nominating a new meek.)

You say, "A new..."

Speaking quietly to Ceyrin, Avawren says, "I'm really unfond of how often I've agreed with you today."

Socius growls, "Nehor's proposal... is that both sides agree to a meeting.  In a week's time."

Sothog nods to you.

Your face goes blank.

Nehor nods once.

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "I've a feeling that void can't go unfilled without consequences."

Speaking to Avawren, Ceyrin says, "I have that affect on people, apparently."

Ceyrin glances at Rohese.

Apsaras cocks her head at Socius.

Rohese winks at Ceyrin.

Nehor drawls, "And I suggest they come with less insults and more ideas."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "I will agree to bring the tome to the meeting on one condition."

Socius exasperatedly says, "And he has asked that Lady Rohese represent the town's interests."

Naamit whispers, "I told Socius that the whole of the circle needs to speak with him."

You quietly whisper to Ceyrin, "I'm going to kill him."

Rohese nods in agreement at Socius.

Nehor nods once at Rohese.

You nod at Naamit.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Form a line."

Speaking to Rohese, Nehor informs, "You do seem to be the only one with any amount of sense."

Avawren nods at Naamit.

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "Nehor learns a little humility."

Rohese glances at Nehor.

Sarmoya frowns.

Nehor folds his hands behind his back.

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "And realises that he needs us more than we need him."

You glance sharply at Rohese.

Socius says, "Given the chance to possibly nominate a new meek... for our world... and in the process rid ourselves of the madman... I have agreed."

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

You say, "We need to call for Elspie immediately."

You stand back up.

Nehor slowly asks, "So. Are we to take out your petty rage on me, and doom the world? Or will you all be willing to put aside our pasts and work together perhaps?"

Speaking to you, Socius says, "This has already been done.  She will be here soon."

You say, "She is the most powerful person I know. Other than Grishom Stone."

You smirk.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "Please, just stop."

You nod once at Socius.

Speaking to Rohese, you ask, "Does he need to be able to talk for this meeting?"

You raise an eyebrow, your bone chelioboros only enhancing your skeptical look.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "I have tried to reason with you in the past and I will continue to do so."

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "So can we each come tae this ...meetin'?"

Rohese reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Speaking to Nehor, Avawren says, "You should nominate someone less abrasive to speak for you, if you truely care."

Socius says, "The meeting will be open to all."

Avawren smiles at Nehor.

Sothog nods at Socius.

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Socius says, "And there will be representatives from each side taking part in the actual negotiations."

Socius glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "And can each o' us choose a side?"

Speaking to Avawren, Nehor counters, "No. Though any who wish to join their lots to a man of action...one who needs not sacrifice an allied meek to weaken Nazhor of his power...one who steps forward when others merely whisper poison words...they are free to join me on my side of the table."

Speaking to Nehor, Socius says, "You will be allowed to bring Ordim, for this meeting only.  As requested, I am offering a temporary truce.  Be advised it is null and void the moment one of you steps out of line."

You say, "That halfling is going to owe me a lot of muffins before I'll sit peacefully across from him."

Speaking gently to Nehor, Rohese reminds, "Try and remember our early conversations, I still have hope for you."

Avawren glances at Nehor and yawns.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to Nehor, Avawren says, "There will be a nice halfling shaped opening in your meager shadow. I'm sure someone will be happy to waddle into it."

Nehor nods once at Socius.

Naamit whispers, "Ordim is not the real threat here despite what just occurred."

Socius closes his eyes for a moment.

Naamit whispers, "Don't let your eyes off Nehor."

Speaking to Socius, Apsaras asks, "And can each o' us choose a side?"

Speaking crisply to Socius, Nehor agrees, "Then we have an accord. One week. I am sure we will be in touch."

Rohese takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Naamit glances about with a disgusted look on her face.

Nehor says, "In the interem, I ask that you put all warrants for my Flock on...hold."

You nod curtly at Naamit.

Socius says, "That is all for now.  I would ask that you all leave, save the Inner Circle, that we may discuss."

Socius sneers at Nehor.

Sarmoya bows to Socius.

Speaking coldly to Nehor, Socius says, "That has already been done.  Now get out of my sight, before I lose my temper."

Nehor nods once.

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Nehor simply says, "I will see you all very soon, I am sure."

Socius grinds his teeth.

Nehor turns around.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "We will meet next week and I hope it can be civil and reasonable on both sides."

Nehor just left.

Rohese nods once.

Socius closes his eyes for a moment.

You say, "Socius. I would like to know if we could call a full militia meeting at some point."

You say, "There are others who care about the Isle as well."

Socius nods in agreement to you.

Speaking to you, Socius says, "I would be open to that."

You nod at Socius.

Avawren nods in agreement to you.

Sothog nods to you.

Sothog agrees with you.

Apsaras agrees with you.

You say, "Perhaps as a salve to having an Inner Council meeting now."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "We may need to discuss matters before the meeting too."

You say, "We could have a militia meeting on another day."

You nod once.

Sarmoya appears distracted, as if he is listening to something.

Socius nods in agreement to you.

Speaking to you, Socius says, "I will set one up soon."

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "Undoubtably."

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese confesses, "I am beginning to lose hope that Nehor can even be reasoned with now."

You hear very soft footsteps.

Rohese bites her lip.

Speaking to Rohese, Naamit says, "I don't know why you held onto such in the first place."

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Socius rubs his forehead.

Speaking softly to Naamit, Rohese says, "There's always hope."

Naamit shrugs.

You glance sharply at Rohese.

Speaking to Socius, Ceyrin asks, "Fun, hu?"

Ceyrin grins at Socius.

Rohese smiles at Apsaras.

You say, "Hold on too tight and it will prick you like a thorn as your blood seeps."

Speaking to Rohese, Sarmoya says, "There is always hope, but it must be placed properly."

Speaking dryly to Ceyrin, Socius says, "Oh yes."

You dryly say, "I have found hope to be unilaterally a bad idea."

Naamit smirks at you!

Speaking softly to Sarmoya, Rohese assures, "I will do what it right at the end of the day."

You say, "I hoped to hear of my parents."

Avawren frowns at a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

You say, "I hoped to find their tale."

You say, "Look what happened to me."

(Darcena frowns, an expression of pain flitting across her face.)

Speaking gently to you, Ceyrin says, "Stop."

Avawren rubs you gently.

Speaking to you, Apsaras says, "Ye were really strong."

Sarmoya says, "Nehor is a man who is concerned first and last with himself. He is not to be trusted."

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese encourages, "Be you."

Speaking to you, Sothog says, "I agree.  You did well."

Rohese nods at Ceyrin.

Sothog agrees with Sarmoya.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "She needs you now."

Socius ponders.

Sarmoya says, "And any agreement he forges is not to be trusted.  He will break it at the first moment he deems it beneficial for him."

Naamit takes a few steps toward a large picture window.

Apsaras agrees with Sarmoya.

Naamit eyes a large picture window up and down with a thoughtful expression on her face.

Socius nods in agreement at Sarmoya.

Ceyrin kneels down.

Rohese softly says, "That much is clear."

Rohese nods at Sarmoya.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Look at me."

You glance at Ceyrin.

Socius joins your group.

Sarmoya says, "Even when Socius asked for silence, he could not help but interject. He betrays himself."

Speaking to Rohese, Sothog says, "We'll need a backup plan, then, if he tries pulling anything."

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "It's okay that she's upset.  She has every right to be."

Sothog mutters under his breath.

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Rohese nods in agreement at Sothog.

You grit your teeth.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "But it's not okay that she's blaming herself."

You nod slowly at Ceyrin.

Speaking to Ceyrin, you say, "We will talk."

A Meeting of the Inner Circle


You gesture.
Your ears are filled with a soft hiss as the world around you shifts...
[Underground Sanctuary]
Sharp stalactites hang from a ceiling riddled with shards of raw emerald, which reflects light throughout the cavern and casts everything in a greenish glow.  Shattered and broken, an enormous serpentine mask of copper crawls with lines of verdigris as it sits in pieces on the edge of a small pool.  The sound of slithering rises and falls at odd intervals and is randomly punctuated with a soft hiss.
Also here: Socius, Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese, Ceyrin who is kneeling, Mistress Naamit, Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren
Obvious exits: out
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Socius nods appreciatively to you.

Ceyrin says, "Or. . ."

You sharply say, "We will not speak of this."

Rohese smiles.

You glance warily around the room.

Naamit smirks.

(Darcena sits near the mask.)

Rohese folds her hands.

Naamit says, "Socius. We need to inform you about our progress on the tasks given."

Socius nods appreciatively at Naamit.

Ceyrin says, "Such as it stands."

Ceyrin mutters under his breath.

Speaking to Naamit, Socius asks, "How have you fared?"

Rohese smiles at Ceyrin.

Ceyrin's ethereal bracer glows with an intense cobalt light.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "Have faith, remember."

Naamit says, "First, as you instructed, I told the Flock of the chronomage relic. The next night, it disappeared."

Naamit stares at Socius.

Socius angrily mutters, "Nazhor."

You admit, "I have been too wrapped up in personal matters to attend to my task."

Naamit says, "So, if it is a tool of transport, he has likely moved far, far away."

You simply say, "He withdrew from me."

Socius nods understandingly at Naamit.

Naamit says, "That said, one of the Flock did say he knew how to get TO Nazhor."

[mychar] Darcena is thinking about {redacted}.

Ceyrin stands up.

Socius raises an eyebrow in Naamit's direction.

Rohese glances at Naamit.

Naamit says, "Which I gather may be unique from whatever...thing....We saw to day."

Naamit shrugs.

Naamit says, "Unless the man was lying."

Speaking to Naamit, Socius asks, "Which one made the claim?"

Naamit says, "The muffin man."

Socius dryly says, "The one who was just hanged and kicked to the mainland..."

Naamit says, "Yes."

Socius nods slowly.

Naamit says, "If the device is for transport, Nazhor may well have left the isle himself."

Naamit says, "Which would serve Ordim just fine, I'm sure."

Socius mutters under his breath.

Naamit says, "I'll seek out additional information from him."

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Socius says, "Thank you, Mistress."

Socius bows to Naamit.

Naamit simply says, "Yes."

Socius turns to face Ceyrin.

Rohese inclines her head.

Ceyrin says, "Ambushing Nazhor is less a matter of where, and more a matter of how.  Since we do not understand his power, or what he has gained and lost due to the absence of the tome and the acquisition of this new relic. . . any plan would be full of holes."

Socius gazes heavenward.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese counters, "There is a simple answer."

Rohese gives a sidelong glance at Socius.

Socius turns an inquisitive ear toward Rohese.

Speaking sarcastically to Socius, Ceyrin asks, "You thought I would have good 
news?"

You give a sidelong glance at Ceyrin.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "You never have good news."

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin asks, "Isn't that my job?"

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "Yes, and you're good at it."

Speaking tiredly to Ceyrin, Socius says, "I was merely reflecting that we might ask the Flock, who apparently managed it."

Speaking to Socius, Ceyrin says, "When they intimately understood his limitations. . ."

Avawren offers, "I think they were just less risk adverse than we were ..."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese asks, "But can we trust them to simply carry out the task appointed to them and no embellish their agenda?"

Rohese raises an eyebrow.

Ceyrin says, "We do not possess that intelligence at present."

Rohese softly exclaims, "You saw what they did to the people of Mist Harbor!"

Naamit says, "Nazhor's previous limitation was that he could not directly harm anyone. Whether that still holds true is another story, now that he's... Truly fallen."

Naamit smirks.

Speaking to Rohese, Socius says, "Of course not.  They are what they are.  But if we can gain the ability to nominate a new meed..."

Socius glances over at Naamit and winces.

Speaking to Avawren, Ceyrin says, "I'm not risk adverse.  I'm failure adverse."

Speaking to Naamit, Socius says, "A point I had not considered."

Socius sighs.

Avawren looks at Ceyrin and hums.

Speaking to Avawren, Socius asks, "How have you fared?"

Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Poorly. There have been no rumblings of new recruits for Nazhor. All I was able to garner was that he seems to have a ... symbiotic relationship with those in the jungle."

You blink.

You ask, "The cult?"

Rohese inclines her head.

Ceyrin says, "All that being said, the new objective of separating Nehor from his key to the tome is, I believe, of chief priority."

Avawren nods to you.

Rohese agrees with Ceyrin.

You frown.

You say, "But they stopped the krolvin."

You ask, "Didn't they?"

Socius says, "The Iyo, you mean."

Avawren says, "Nazhor warned the Flock that they should be left to do their buisness, because it is -"

You ask, "The what?"

Socius closes his eyes for a moment.

Avawren blinks at Socius.

Avawren mutters, "Knew it."

Socius says, "The Iyo... they are native to this island."

Avawren shakes her head.

Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Yes, I mean them."

Ceyrin says, "Perhaps that was the deal that was struck.  Perhaps they'd like their island back or some such."

Speaking to Avawren, Socius says, "I can assure you, they have no love for Nazhor.  I met with them recently."

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Avawren nods understandingly at Socius.

Socius says, "They are always and forever on their own side, but they will not hold with any threats to the Isle itself."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese asks, "Then might they consider joining us at the meeting?"

You ponder the meaning of Rohese's existence.

Speaking to Socius, Avawren says, "Nazhor warned the Flock that they should be left alone to carry out their buisness, whatever that is worth."

Speaking to Rohese, Socius says, "I can inquire.  They know and respect me to a point."

Naamit nods in agreement at Avawren.

Rohese nods at Socius.

Naamit says, "I had heard that during my last moment with them."

Ceyrin says, "They need to be utilized fully, as all assets in this endeavor do."
Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "Quite honestly, I wish to see Nehor feel intimidated for once, I am tired of him having the upper hand."

Socius grins.

Avawren smiles at Rohese.

Speaking softly to Avawren, Rohese asks, "Was that better?"

Rohese giggles at Avawren.

Speaking amusedly to Rohese, Avawren says, "Getting there."

Speaking to Rohese, Socius says, "Lady Rohese, this... negotiation... will find him vastly outpowered."

Rohese winks at Avawren.

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "So we just make him afraid to hold his only bargaining chip."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "Then I am heartened."

Socius says, "Though you bring up a solid point... one that I would like to emphasize to you all."

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "We make him feel as if he has no options left."

Socius tersely says, "We cannot allow them to win.  They have much to answer for... and answer for it they shall.  But for now, the stakes are too high."

Naamit says, "I cannot fathom a moment in which Nehor would hand over his trinket, or Rohese hers."

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "Correct.  His leverage is small."

Speaking to Naamit, Socius says, "That's why we must do whatever we may to insure that we have leverage."

Speaking softly to Naamit, Rohese says, "I am not handing over the tome to Nehor, and that is final."

Socius turns to face Avawren.

Avawren cocks her head.

You nod once.

Speaking to Avawren, Socius says, "Can you find out what they're planning?  They have to have some plot or scheme... they always do."

Avawren slowly empties her lungs.

Naamit takes a drink from her lavender teacup.

Ceyrin says, "I don't think she's best suited for this task, actually. . ."

Socius admits, "I honestly don't care where the information comes from.  But her network has been useful to this point."

(Avawren idly rubs the symbol on her neck.)

Socius says, "If ANYONE can discern their plans, please do so.  We need to know what they're up to, that we might counter it."

Avawren nods at Socius.

Socius says, "Preferably in the most embarrassing manner possible."

Rohese nods in agreement at Socius.

Ceyrin nods.

You ask, "Who isn't?"

You peer quizzically at Ceyrin.

You ask, "Oh, Wren?"

Ceyrin nods.

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "I just look pretty."

You ponder the meaning of Avawren's existence.

Avawren winks at you.

Naamit resignedly says, "I'll work on the muffin man in the meantime. He owes me a favor."

Socius glances at Avawren.

You say, "She is more capable than you probably realize."

You smile at Ceyrin.

You nod at Naamit.

Speaking reassuringly to Socius, Rohese says, "I know we've all had our differences but I think I speak for us all when I say we are united on one thing."

Speaking to Naamit, you ask, "Would you please do something truly heinous to him?"

Darcena smiles tightly.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "I do not doubt her capability.  I doubt that they will trust her."

Avawren chuckles.

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "I'll make him do something heinous to someone else."

Naamit winks at you.

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese continues, "We wish to see an end to all of this and peace restored to the Isle."

Socius nods appreciatively at Naamit.

Avawren says, "I have never once spoken to the Flock myself."

Socius smiles at Rohese.

Speaking to Naamit, you exclaim, "Not to me!"

Socius closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking to Rohese, Socius says, "That's my fondest wish, as well."

Speaking to Rohese, you say, "I admit..."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Not you, no."

Rohese smiles.

Socius says, "Then we are agreed?  We need to find out what they're up to, and soon.  Any who find information, please bring it to me quickly."

You say, "Originally, I was thinking of how Ghaila could help me find out more about my parents."

You give a sidelong glance at Avawren.

You say, "As Wren knows."

Rohese softly says, "We are agreed."

You say, "But, I've actually become a little fond of this place."

You fidget.

Ceyrin nods.

Avawren smiles at you.

Rohese nods in agreement to you.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "I have business to conduct so if this whole matter could be done and over with, yes. Then Peace for the Isle so be it."

Speaking to Socius, Ceyrin says, "Agreed."

Rohese softly says, "As have I."

Socius smiles at you.

Speaking softly to Naamit, Rohese says, "Thank you."

Socius says, "Thank you all for your continued efforts.  We will prevail."

Socius nods firmly.

Rohese glances at a blue and black tome covered in silvered scrollwork in her hand.

You stand back up.

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

You ask, "Are we ready to return then?"

Socius says, "I bid you all good day."

Rohese softly says, "So much trouble over one small book."

Socius bows.

Socius is surrounded by swirling black shadows and vanishes!

Rohese shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Ceyrin nods.

You nod at Rohese.

Saying Goodnight

Yellowed eyes suddenly flash within the broken mask and your vision suddenly blurs... [Hale Hall, Socius' Office] The scent of lavender fills your nostrils in this space, as a pair of stone pots containing large lavender plants in full bloom rest on either side of the wooden doors. The walls are painted a pale green, and the carpet underfoot is a complementary, slightly darker green with an intricate pattern of interlaced deep blue woven throughout it. A large writing desk stands in the middle of the space, and directly behind it stands a large picture window looking out onto the street. You also see a long mahogany bench along one wall, a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk with some stuff on it and a small leather guestbook. Also here: Great Lord Sarmoya Obvious exits: none

Ceyrin says, "It's what it represents."

Rohese put a blue and black tome covered in silvered scrollwork in her oval case.

Rohese nods in agreement at Ceyrin.

You ask, "Power?"

Rohese just closed a lacquered oval case of silver and black cloisonne.

You smile at Sarmoya.

Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "That is simply one facet."

Sarmoya bows to you.

Speaking warmly to Sarmoya, you say, "It is good to see you."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "It seems I have missed much, I am afraid."

Rohese graciously says, "I'm sorry, I don't think we've met."

Rohese smiles at Sarmoya.

You say, "This is Sarmoya of River's Rest."

Ceyrin pours himself a shot of well-aged whiskey.

Ceyrin takes a drink from his well-aged whiskey. Lines of worry smooth, and he visibly relaxes. Ceyrin looks rather relaxed.

You say, "We met when the Green Lady was .... terrorizing the town."

Avawren mutters at the small tray of refreshments, "Someone should clean you off. Again."

Speaking softly to Sarmoya, Rohese introduces, "Rohese, of House Illistim, a pleasure to meet you."

Sarmoya bows to Rohese.

Rohese curtsies gracefully to Sarmoya. Sarmoya says, "Yes."

You glance at a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

You nod at Avawren.

>l on refresh On the tray of refreshments: Food/Drink [15]: a cup of pale winter rose tea (2), a cup of black currant tea (2), a cup of golden jasmine tea (2), a sweetened berry-topped croissant (2), a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur (2), a shot of well-aged whiskey, a slice of nut and fudge torte, a bowl of colorful candies, a glass of thick black stout, a moist blueberry muffin Total items: 15

Sarmoya says, "I had... experience dealing with Mazorn."

Sarmoya says, "His involvement here is what led me."

Rohese inclines her head.

Avawren removes a sweetened berry-topped croissant from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Avawren drops a sweetened berry-topped croissant.

Avawren becomes solid again.

Avawren returns to normal color.

Sarmoya says, "It seems this is much more complicated, however."

Avawren says, "I do not recommend eating these."

Rohese wrinkles her nose.

Avawren removes a cup of pale winter rose tea from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Avawren drops a cup of pale winter rose tea.

Avawren removes a cup of black currant tea from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Avawren scowls.

Avawren says, "... perfectly good tea. Ruined."

Avawren drops a cup of black currant tea.

Rohese glances down.

Avawren removes a cup of golden jasmine tea from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk.

Avawren drops a cup of golden jasmine tea.

(Darcena rubs her stomach gingerly.)

You say, "I am still hungry."

You grumble.

Avawren removes a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur from on a small tray of refreshments on one corner of the desk. Avawren drops a glass of rich nut and berry liqueur.

Avawren ponders.

Avawren says, "... I think that is all."

You nod slowly at Avawren.

You designate Naamit as the new leader of the group.

Speaking softly to Ceyrin, Rohese says, "I should probably return to Cyraeni's before it's dark ... given what I'm holding."

You say, "I am afraid that I must get back. Tell Penre what has happened."

Avawren nods to you.

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "You should probably be less predictable, honestly."

Rohese bites her lip.

Speaking to Rohese, Sarmoya says, "If I may be of assistance, please let me know."

Speaking to you, Avawren says, "You did well today ... have a nice sneak and a sleep."

Avawren smiles at you.

Rohese smiles at Sarmoya.

You smile at Avawren.

You hug Avawren.

Rohese curtsies gracefully to Sarmoya.

Avawren gives you a friendly hug.

Appearances


You see Apsaras McEyre.
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Vornavis.
She is average height.  She appears to be youthful.  She has silver-flecked violet eyes and tanned skin.  She has very long, wavy sandy blonde hair with the top layer twisted into an elaborate half-knot secured by a pair of silver-twisted zorchar hairsticks.  She has a sloping nose and slightly pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a braided silken ribbon choker, a crystal amulet, a sweeping cloak of layered pale silk velvet, a brass Mist Harbor militia badge, a tan leather bodice edged in braided suede over an off-the-shoulder cream silk blouse, some light grey leathers, some leather handwraps, a pair of caramel-toned brushed suede pants, and some leather footwraps.

You see Defender of Mist Harbor Avawren Fiora Nalfein the Healer.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is moderately tall.  She appears to be young and robust.  She has almond-shaped glacial blue eyes and soft, creamy white skin.  She has long, glossy platinum hair parted to the side and pinned back with a wire-bound haircomb caught with a fan of electrum-hued feathers.  She has a well-defined, oblong face, a classical nose and a plump-lipped generous mouth.  She has a delicate crimson symbol laid across the back of her neck, and arcing gently over her left ear.  An ivory-nibbed coppery hawk quill is tucked behind her ear.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a pearl-inset jade leather notebook in her right hand.
She is wearing a sephwir locket inset with a doe-carved forest jade cameo, a brass Mist Harbor militia badge, a smoke black-on-gold jacquard bag, a rich oxblood leather underbust harness over a short-collared pale ivory linen tunic, a dark scaled leather bracer, some ivory cambric leggings, and a pair of over-the-knee taupe suede boots banded with electrum coils.

You see Calael Daeothi the Keeper of Melgorehn's Retreat.
He appears to be a Half-Elf from Ta'Loenthra.
He is average height.  He appears to be youthful.  He has intense dark blue eyes and smooth, tanned skin.  He has short, loose sun-bleached auburn hair that curls around his ears.  He has a clean-shaven face, a freckled nose and slightly pointed ears.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg.
He has old battle scars on his right hand, old battle scars on his left hand, and old battle scars on his right arm.
He is holding a shot of well-aged whiskey in his right hand.
He is wearing a sea glass amulet, a slim russet leather jacket, a ruby pin, an ivory pin, a canvas shoulder bag, an open-necked white cotton tunic, some dusk-hued vambraces, a thick vaalin cuff inlaid with an unpolished mistvein ruby, some coraesine-veined ebon gloves, an enruned dark veil iron ring, a weathered dun leather belt, a cinched kidskin sack, some fitted dusty brown pants, and some cordovan boots.

You see Ceyrin Feynde the High Priest of Onar.
He appears to be a Giantman of the Maeramil Clan.
He is average height.  He appears to be full grown.  He has piercing, gold-flecked crystal blue eyes and tanned skin.  He has shoulder length, silky, wavy dark blonde hair.  He has an angular face and a broken nose.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a deep black suede mantle, some mottled black double leathers, a glowing ethereal bracer covered with intricate runes, some singed black leather gloves, a square flecked onyx band, a twisted black ora band set with an ivory skull in its bezel, a skull-stamped leather scroll tube, a deep black suede kilt, and some black leather boots.

You see Mazorn.
He appears to be a Human.
He is tall and has a deep line of scar tissue across his left eye.  He appears to be in the prime of life.  He has bleary sea green eyes and blotchy skin.  He has very long, straight mahogany hair held in a cinched leather thong.  He has a wide face, a slightly crooked nose and deep circles under his eyes.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a badly-worn journal in his right hand.
He is wearing some heavy shackles, a shabby grey tunic, some torn grey trousers, and some simple black shoes.

You see Flockmaster Nehor the Mystic.
He appears to be a Human.
He is shorter than average.  He appears to be an adult.  He has piercing amber eyes and fair skin.  He has chin length, unkempt amber hair.  He has an upturned nose.  He has a delicate crimson symbol laid across the back of his neck, and arcing gently over his left ear.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a wide-brimmed midnight black velvet hat, a hand-tailored spidersilk cloak clasped with a thunderhead opal solitaire, a golden battle dragon pin wielding dual inverted emerald quarter notes, a burnished gold and red v-shaped pin that reads, "Vote Victory,  Vote Vicimer!", a dark silver-framed monocle, an emerald-set sylvan bardess pin, a pristine white ash instrument case framed by gently yellowed ivory inlay, a midnight blue crushed velvet shirt clasped with a silver chain at the neck, a coiled mithglin chain armband, a thick ebonwood armband, a crimson crystal-inset ring, a supple black leather belt studded with polished brass, a pair of jet black leggings, and some dark leather boots.

You see Defender of Mist Harbor Rohese Bayvel-Timsh'l Illistim.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is taller than average with a slender willowy form.  She appears to be of a tender age.  She has silver-lashed misty grey eyes and preternaturally pale skin.  She has lustrous, cool silver hair streaming over her shoulders and down her back like a moonlit waterfall.  She has naturally glossy, rose-pink tinted lips.  Her composed expression has a sense of scholarly authority despite her youthful, fey-like appearance.
She has an inking of a faint star constellation on her neck, and a cascade of tiny silver stars tattooed over her right eyebrow that fades into her hairline.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a blue and black tome covered in silvered scrollwork in her right hand and a cup of lemon tea in her left hand.
She is wearing a lacquered oval case of silver and black cloisonne, a dark silver full-finger ring, a peak-shouldered sea green silk gown with split-sleeves pinned back to form a train with a finespun chainsil undergown with fingertip-length sleeves underneath, and some ankle-clasped black leather shoes atop sharp heels.

You see Great Lord Sarmoya the Master at Arms of the Warrior Guild.
He appears to be a Half-Krolvin of the Gob'tak Klinast.
He is tall.  He appears to be full grown.  He has piercing emerald eyes and blue-grey skin.  He has short, blue-black hair worn in a topknot.  He has a weathered face and a neatly-trimmed beard.  A horrible, jagged scar runs along the left side of his face.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a blood-stained leather belt, some dashing crimson robes, a delicate orchid, a tin-bound silk badge, a pair of heavy dark leather gloves, an ivory Beacon Hall Archive pin, some silvery vultite cufflinks, a burnished drawbridge fastener, a sturdy tooled leather satchel, a dark canvas satchel, a weathered dull black backpack, a suit of black rolaren plate chased with pauldrons of crimson-inlaid enamel, a tailored black silk shirt adorned with golden wyvern buttons, a ghezyte chelioboros ring, a dingy gold ring, a red-trimmed black silk harness, a black leather herb pouch, a modwir sheath woven with intertwined black and crimson silk, a soft leather bloodscrip pouch, some deep black crimson-studded pants, a pale green woven reed anklet threaded with silvery wraithaline beads, and a pair of woven coconut fiber sandals.

You see Socius.
He appears to be a Human.
He is plain-looking in every regard save his eyes, and has a huge scar running the length of his right cheek and down across the front of his neck.  He appears to be in the prime of life.  He has piercing light green eyes and deeply tanned skin.  He has a bald head.  He has an intense face and a narrow nose.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a rusty key on a worn leather thong, a broad-brimmed soft grey hat, a fitted grey cloak with delicate scarlet sigils along the trim, a light grey tailored shirt, an obsidian ring inlaid with delicate white ivory runes, a narrow leather pouch, some soft grey trousers, and some grey leather boots with a red sigil winding up the outer calf.