The Rone Resurgence - 5118-09-24 - Giving Justice the Rone Around

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 23-24, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier



Summary

  • Rysus and the Rooks try to lure out Thrayzar by rolling bombs into Town Square Central, causing mass casualties, and battles with the Rooks start up all throughout the Landing's streets. Amidst it, Mayor Lylia says over the amunet that the only Rooks dying will be those who choose to follow Rysus.
  • Thrayzar finally appears and slays a few Rooks, but then outside Moot Hall several explosive orbs are rolled his way... However, he uses his gauntlets to temporally revert them to before they were active, then collects and stores them away. Eventually he can no longer keep up with reverting all of the orbs and transports himself and all gathered near into a temporal rift.
  • Thrayzar begins to twitch and twist awkwardly, but says he'll see his mission against Stephos DeArchon through. Stormyrain and others try to talk him down; she says he's a prisoner and puppet who needs to be freed, but he calls her an ornamental decoration who could never serve the town as truly as him. She says he's never until now given in to the animal instincts the Witch gave him, and asks who wins if his humanity is lost, but he only says it's time to gut DeArchon and vanishes.
  • Soon after everyone escapes the temporal rift, explosions rock Banker's Square and later Valeria Street, leaving behind raging fires. As brigades assemble to extinguish the infernos, three ships depart from the North Dock bearing soldiers in tabards with the mark of Jantalar--but before they get too far away, all three explode.
  • At the North Dock, Thrayzar coughs up blood and seems to be suffering from his overuse of temporal effects. Stormy, Mayor Lylia, Zosopage, Luathaich, Leafiara, Elphieya, and others offer to help, saying they can find a cure to his suffering and take up the fight for him, but he says he doesn't know if he can be helped and that the Alchemist and "his" Sparrows promised him freedom after he completes his mission, and he'll be done when the bay is "black with blood."
  • Many gathered suggest not trusting the Alchemist, and Shinann says they never helped Malluch and asks Thrayzar to give her the gauntlets. Thrayzar touches a gauntlet as if to consider it, but a portal opens and a White Sparrow seizes him and drags him away.
  • Later in the night, Prax approaches, asking about the fires and if they were an attack from the Rooks; Leafi explains that the bombs were, but the fires weren't, and Prax asks if Rone has turned to striking ships--if not Rysus' doing. Lylia says Rysus has sunk deeper into madness and Prax says he hopes Rysus will "cease to exist" soon enough.
  • Dayko mentions the Jantalarian tabards on the ships and Xorus says that Stephos had brought weapons from Jantalar in the past and they may have belonged to him. Prax says death would be too easy for Rone's revenge and striking at Stephos' livelihood would be more compelling.
  • Prax makes a request for protection the following evening to help escort wagons coming from the south, saying he can't take any chances in light of the night's events and Rysus' instability. Shinann, Elphieya, and Leafi ask for more information, but he says no more than that they're "important" and the wagons are coming from Estoria.

Log

Explosions in the Square

Thunder echoes in the distance.

A rumble of thunder can be heard in the distance.

In a dark alley of town, there is a brief shimmering of the air and a white armored figure blinks in and out of existence, then vanishes.

[A few people check the alleys, but turn up nothing.]

Dark hooded figures move hurriedly across some nearby rooftops.

[Some begin checking the rooftops, but at first turn up nothing. Stormy reports Rooks on the rooftop of the Raging Thrak, but soon enough...]

Some dark hooded figures seem to move across some rooftops, and some begin to move along alleyways in the streets. Periodically, a flicker of a white armored figure appears, blinking in and out and popping up into view around town, then vanishing.

Rysus: "Well if he won't hold still for us..."

Stormyrain: "Thrayzar, don't do this. It's not too late for you to fight against what the Alchemist has done."

Stormyrain: "Oh look, if it isn't the Coward King himself."

Rysus: "You are responsible for this...Rone..."

Danthius: "Well, well, welll..."

Rysus: "Time for for you to come forward..."

Rysus: "How many bodies this time Marshal?"

Rysus: "Tsk tsk Marshal...."

Rysus: "It seems you are a bit blood thirsty of late..."

Rysus: "Let's have some blood."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Skesti, Ontes, Luathaich, Berost, Shinann, Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Great Lord Danthius, Great Lord Nazarr, Lord Volwulf, Great Lord Ferrumus, Giantphang, Wrichie, Sizzli who is sitting, Yoojin, the body of Ensayn who is lying down, Phelicidea, Eheylien, Vancudais, Kipu who is sitting, Vayek, Elphieya who is sitting, Telavien, Lady Florania, Lord Geovekn who is sitting, Malfarious who is sitting, Sorranie, Great Lady Rendena

Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest

Speaking softly to Danthius, Elphieya says, "If Rysus is about, then I fear we are in for worse than I thought."

A small crimson glass orb rolls in from the shadows.

A small crimson glass orb rolls in from the shadows.

Stormyrain says, "Move."

Chaoswynd blinks.

Leafiara says, "Move."

Giantphang says, "Oh oh."

A brilliant crimson light shines out of the crimson glass orb.

Stormyrain yells, "Move!"

Berost just trudged away moving northeast.

Chaoswynd just moved quietly east, with his group following closely.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a large purple wooden barrel and a bone-framed bulletin board.

Also here: Stormyrain, Shinann, Chaoswynd

You peer west and see ...

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a shaking crimson glass orb, a shaking crimson glass orb, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the earth brown Danthius disk, the Volwulf disk, the Ferrumus disk, the Sizzli disk, the Yoojin disk, the green Vancudais disk, the Phelicidea disk, the Eheylien disk, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, the parrot-shaped Florania disk, the Sorranie disk, a charred red potato, a sugar-dusted travel biscuit, an obscure scroll, a rose-marrow potion, a small cake of golden elven waybread, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, some acantha leaf, some wolifrew lichen, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, a troll-claw, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Rendena just bit the dust!

Sorranie just bit the dust!

Malfarious just bit the dust!

Geovekn just bit the dust!

Vayek just bit the dust!

Yoojin just bit the dust!

Raelee just bit the dust!

Volwulf just bit the dust!

Florania just bit the dust!

Telavien just bit the dust!

Kipu just bit the dust!

Sizzli just bit the dust!

Wrichie just bit the dust!

Ferrumus just bit the dust!

Rysus: "Get your nose working yet Marshal?"

[Triage begins back in the square, but the Rooks soon mob the area...]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

[Cay tries a peaceful solution, which had worked earlier on a smaller scale (OOC: see bonus log at the end)...]

As Chaoswynd murmurs his spell into the air, ghostlike leaves appear and swirl about him, encompassing his body in a cloak of muted autumn hues. He subtly gestures upwards, causing the foliage to unfurl about him, scattering off into the unknown...

Chaoswynd gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

[...but that's not happening with Roblar here.]

Roblar lets out a loud snarling growl and goes berserk!

Roblar rages across the battlefield, striking with unrelenting fury!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Roblar's attack!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +618 vs DS: +438 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +47 = +261

... and hits for 88 points of damage!

Awesome shot collapses a lung!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +598 vs DS: +438 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +61 = +255

... and hits for 112 points of damage!

Massive blow smashes through ribs and drives the dark hooded figure's heart out the back.

The dark hooded figure falls to the ground and dies.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Roblar's attack!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +618 vs DS: +438 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +11 = +225

... and hits for 74 points of damage!

Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending left leg flying.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure falls to the ground grasping its mangled left leg!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +598 vs DS: +369 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +4 = +267

... and hits for 90 points of damage!

Awesome shot collapses a lung!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Roblar's attack!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +618 vs DS: +446 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +50 = +256

... and hits for 57 points of damage!

Deep slash to the dark hooded figure's left forearm!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +598 vs DS: +446 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +2 = +188

... and hits for 99 points of damage!

A mighty blow cleaves a swath through the dark hooded figure's back, taking the spine with it.

The dark hooded figure is knocked to the ground!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Roblar's attack!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +618 vs DS: +438 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +70 = +284

... and hits for 125 points of damage!

A mighty blow cleaves a swath through the dark hooded figure's back, taking the spine with it.

The dark hooded figure is knocked to the ground!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +598 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +100 = +344

... and hits for 111 points of damage!

Right hip pulped, severing the leg.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Roblar's attack!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +618 vs DS: +429 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +76 = +299

... and hits for 84 points of damage!

Blow ruptures the stomach!

Roblar swings an immense rolaren waraxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +598 vs DS: +429 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +99 = +302

... and hits for 115 points of damage!

Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.

Breathing becomes a challenge.

[The battle rages on both sides, but in the midst of it...]

A small crimson glass orb rolls in from the shadows.

>drag orb ne

A brilliant crimson light shines out of the crimson glass orb.

Perhaps you should just pick it up to move it.

That cannot be dragged.

Leafiara picks up a shaking crimson glass orb.

Maiden Leafiara just went northeast.

[...and later...]

Leafiara just came crawling in.

Leafiara woundedly says, "Well... lost a leg, but... at least the orb only got me."

Lylia: "Rysus, have you truly sunk so far? You were never a brute. Never Drangell. How are you feeling these days, hmm?"

Stormyrain: "You see how much this King of yours cares for this town, Rooks? Do you see what he is doing? Senseless killing. Like Drangell before him."

Rysus: "Oh shut your mouths."

Roblar: "He an most of dem always been rolton dung stuck to bottom of ma boot."

Lylia: "It is a poor ruler who destroys his own subjects so wantonly."

Rysus: "One of you is in bed with the empire, the other one is in bed with, who the hell knows this month..."

Stormyrain: "Poor Coward King, did my saying no to you hurt your feelings?"


Relentless Orbs

A flicker of a white armored figure appears in a nearby street, and a crimson orb goes rolling near it. The figure vanishes before the orb explodes in a blast of flames.

Saranja: "No answer but 'shut up' and insults? Are you 3 years old, Betrayer King?"

Lylia: "I am a woman wed, Rysus, for shame...I have bedded no empires, either. Was it only a dagger you wished to press against me, then? Come out and play."

Luathaich: "Goodness, what a stimulating evening."

Hadya: "Mmm, so much death. Good evening, Landing."

Some dark hooded figures rush along a nearby rooftop, when suddenly a small white portal snaps open above them, and a white armored figure lands in their midst. The white figure tears open the Rooks with his black hatchets, then leaps off the rooftop, disappearing as a white portal opens up beneath him.

Some dark hooded figures rush along a nearby rooftop, when suddenly a small white portal snaps open above them, and a white armored figure lands in their midst. The white figure tears open the Rooks with his black hatchets, then leaps off the rooftop, disappearing as a white portal opens up beneath him.

Saranja: "Careful Betrayer... we have a taste for your blood now..."

[Battles engage throughout the streets of town, and in the midst of it...]

A white armored figure flickers into view outside of Moot Hall.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a large purple wooden barrel and a bone-framed bulletin board.

Also here: Stormyrain, Zosopage, Chaoswynd, Great Lord Ferrumus, Arasleaf, Master Warclaidh, Saranja, Mistress Ghianna, Hadya, Dayko, Jiarine, Commander Roblar, Luathaich, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Roonie, Giantphang, Shinann, Rone, Great Lord Nazarr

Lylia: "The only Rooks who die tonight are those who follow Rysus. Mark this well, those of you who hear me."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "Thrayzar."

A crimson orb comes rolling into view near Rone, and as it looks like it is about to explode, Rone points one gauntlet at it and the orb suddenly stops shaking, the cracks begin to seal, and the air shimmers around it. Rone leans down and picks up the crimson orb, placing it within a pack on his back.

Kembal says, "Well, that's a neat trick."

Giantphang says, "Oh."

Speaking to Rone, Chaoswynd says, "That's... handy."

Speaking curiously to Rone, Leafiara asks, "Planning on using those at some point?"

Roblar deeply says, "Nice gauntlet."

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "That's very handy. I rather thought we were all about to die."

Giantphang says, "Not want blow up again."

Giantphang exclaims, "Fire is burny!"

Speaking to Giantphang, Dayko says, "Boom."

Hadya drones, "It is burny."

Speaking to Giantphang, Dayko says, "Just remember to stop, drop and roll."

Shinann says, "Thrayzar... please stop this."

Dayko says, "Maybe panic."

Speaking to Rone, Zosopage asks, "Got another of those gauntlets for sale?"

Shinann says, "Fight it."

Speaking offhandedly to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "Though if he did, Warclaidh would be the one to buy them."

Shinann says, "This is not solving anything."

Warclaidh shrugs.

Giantphang says, "That mister makes me dizzy."

Giantphang points at Rone.

Rone begins to slowly turn, as more crimson orbs roll out of the shadows! One by one, they begin to set off, as Rone points his gauntlet, freezing each one in time, reversing it, then stuffing it into his pack.

Luathaich says, "Fascinating."

Nazarr says, "Well, that's convenient."

Xorus says, "Most amusing."

Rone turns more, but cannot keep up with the orbs, as some begin to get past him and begin to explode...

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Rone and he vanishes with a ripple in the air!

Speaking to Rone, Leafiara admits, "That is pretty helpful. Hopefully they'll stop trying the same trick now--"

Leafiara slowly says, "Or, you know."

[The crowd abandons the area, then reconvenes after it looks safe.]

Rone kneels down.

Speaking caustically to Rone, Dayko asks, "Hey whatcha gettin at with all these boom orbs?"

Luathaich says, "Goodness. I seem to be avoiding exploding rather fortuitously this evening."

Rone twitches slightly, looking left, then right.

Shinann says, "They are not his."

Rone stands up.

Nazarr says, "They're Rookian orbs."

Speaking to Rone, Shinann asks, "Thrayzar?"

Speaking concernedly to Rone, Leafiara asks, "You alright, Thrayzar?"

Dayko mutters, "They always appear when he shows."

Again an onslaught of crimson orbs are hurled into the area, and Rone points his gauntlet to the ground and...

A low rumble echoes through the room making your hair stand on end. A single point of light flickers to life in the center of the room moments before erupting into a massive swirling vortex!

Magnificos is sucked into the vortex!

Falvicar is sucked into the vortex!

Tayte is sucked into the vortex!

Pietra is sucked into the vortex!

Tsarok is sucked into the vortex!

Roblar is sucked into the vortex!

Arasleaf is sucked into the vortex!

Warclaidh is sucked into the vortex!

Xorus is sucked into the vortex!

Luathaich is sucked into the vortex!

Lylia is sucked into the vortex!

Zosopage is sucked into the vortex!

Stormyrain is sucked into the vortex!

Leafiara is sucked into the vortex!

Time and space blur before your eyes, stretching and warping until...


The Rone Rebuttal

[Temporal Rift]

Time and space seem to swirl around you. You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.

Dayko says, "Ooh."

Rone begins to twitch.

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Well... that works."

Luathaich says, "Oh lovely. The Rift again."

Stormyrain says, "Well..this is better than dead."

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "Thank you for saving my life. Again."

Rone glances at Stormyrain.

Stormyrain touches Rone.

Rone reaches out a hand, the air around him flowing across his fingers like a star-filled river.

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "Fascinating."

Rone darkly says, "DeArchon..."

Rone snarls menacingly!

Leafiara pragmatically suggests, "Maybe you should stick to hunting down Stephos--"

Pietra flatly says, "Well this is a fine place to spend the night."

Chaoswynd slowly mutters, "Really distracting with everyone wandering around aimlessly..." [since many people were trying to get out of the Rift, either not knowing Thrayzar was there or just not caring]

Draccor darkly says, "Yeah looks like it's getting nowhere."

Danthius deeply asks, "Til we pop out somehwere?"

Rone flickers in and out of existence for a moment. He then begins to twitch, shaking his head. His neck twists awkwardly, and his teeth clatter for a moment.

Pietra says, "No you're walking in circles."

Chaoswynd looks thoughtfully at Rone.

Stormyrain clenches her jaw.

Luathaich frowns at Rone.

Leafiara frowns at Rone.

Danthius deeply says, "Very disturbing..."

Lylia says, "It is the nature of a temporal rift."

Kembal says, "Ok, getting concerned."

Danthius stares at Rone.

>diagnose rone full

You start a careful diagnosis of his condition . . .

He is in perfect health.

Roundtime: 5 sec.

You take a moment to observe everything you can about Rone.

Lylia murmurs, "Although that is not."

Danthius deeply asks, "Eventually we will be spit out somewhere random, I presume?"

Rone glances at Stormyrain.

Lylia gives a sidelong glance at Rone.

Stormyrain glances at Rone.

Rone darkly says, "There is no helping me Captain."

Pietra furrows her brow.

Rone darkly says, "I am reborn."

Speaking offhandedly to Danthius, Leafiara says, "Somewhere in the area..."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "I do not believe that."

Bright lights suddenly flash around you!

You feel weaker!

Danthius peers quizzically at Rone.

Leafiara squints at Rone.

Danthius deeply says, "I see."

Draccor darkly says, "Uhh."

Stormyrain wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Rone darkly says, "My work is almost done."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "You are a prisoner."

Chaoswynd glances around the area.

Falvicar looks rather confused.

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "Break your chains, Thrayzar."

Lylia asks, "And when your work is done?"

Rone holds up his hands.

Rone darkly says, "There are no chains on me."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "Oh, but there are. You just cannot see them."

Leafiara slowly says, "She wasn't speaking literally."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "They've lied to you, to make you believe you are free--when you are more their slave than you ever were Raznel's."

Luathaich says, "We all bear chains of one sort or another, I fear. It's the nature of life."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia asks, "What becomes of you when your work is done, then?"

Rone darkly says, "I worry not for the future."

Rone darkly says, "I must see my mission through."

Nazarr asks, "Why not?"

Stormyrain shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "It is not your mission, it is theirs."

Nazarr asks, "Isn't there one?"

Rone glances at Stormyrain.

Rone darkly says, "No. It is my mission."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "If you bear no chains, no compulsion to do what you must, then it is time to think beyond your mission."

Rone darkly says, "Once, it was yours."

Luathaich says, "Hmm."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "I still serve the Landing and its people. All of its people."

Rone darkly says, "I serve them in the truest way you could never."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "I still follow the mission you taught me. To protect, to serve, to stand as a shield against those who cannot and those who wish to take what they can."

Rone darkly says, "You are a decoration. I am a warrior."

Speaking sorrowfully to Rone, Stormyrain says, "You are a puppet."

Giantphang says, "Now this mister is talk more, still is make me dizzy."

Rone darkly says, "You are ornamental."

Nazarr says, "All you are doing is angering the Rooks more every day. You kill, they kill, and on and on it goes."

Speaking quietly to Rone, Stormyrain says, "You know better than that."

Lylia says, "Not all Rooks are the same in their aims."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain asks, "I have never been ornamental. You have never been prone to giving into the animal instincts the Witch poured into you. Until now. Who wins, if your humanity is lost?"

Stormyrain looks thoughtfully at Rone.

Lylia says, "Only those foolish enough to do Rysus' mad bidding are dying."

Rone darkly says, "It is time to gut DeArchon. May his silver belly bleed."

Leafiara smiles quietly to herself.

Rone walks off into the distance.

Stormyrain glances out.

Stormyrain glances sharply at Leafiara.

Luathaich says, "Well. That was rather abrupt."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Stormyrain snarls, "Wipe the smile off your face."

Lylia simply says, "His work is not done."

Pietra blinks at Stormyrain.

Pietra glances at Leafiara.

Speaking to Pietra, Leafiara professes, "I think he's earned it. But we do need to find a cure for Thrayzar too."


Explosions in the Streets

[The crowd from the temporal rift escapes and makes its way back to the square, eventually seeing...]

A flicker of a white armored figure appears in an alleyway, then vanishes.

[Some spread out to search for Thrayzar.]

Danthius: "Any sign?"

Leafiara: "None I can see."

Dayko: "Just a sign that hangs on the north gate outside."

BOOM! A huge explosion rocks the Banker's Square!

Leafiara: "However... I can see some fires here at Banker's Square."

[Wehnimer's, Banker's Square]

The eastern road leads closer to the river, which can be smelled but not seen from here. The southern road constricts as it makes a straight cut towards the modwir palisade that surrounds the town, avoiding the maze-like side streets of the riverfront and Shanty Town, which are haunted by dockworkers, warehouse porters, and wharf rats. A dusty pile of rubble might have been a building once, but whatever it was is unrecognizable now. You also see a ruined and scorched warehouse, a ruined and scorched warehouse, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a crackling fire.

Lylia: "None yet. We know what his mission is, but not the object of it as Stephos has gone to ground..."

Lylia: "Bring buckets to Banker's Square. Fires are raging."

Lylia: "Find buckets in Moot Hall and in the local inns."

[A firefighting brigade assembles, but soon...]

A flicker of white appears near Valeria St, and moments later a huge explosion of fire and crimson flames erupts and the brown sandstone shop on the street is engulfed in flames!

[Wehnimer's, Valeria St.]

Traffic to and from the hub of activity in the square to the west passes along the dark street here. Passers-by guard their valuables closely, glancing into shaded doorways and niches and wary of the press of the crowd. Two-story buildings of wood and stone line the north and south sides of the cobbled road. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a large reddish-brown sandstone shop.

Leafiara: "You: "More fires on Valeria St!"

[More bucket brigades assemble, but meanwhile...]


Explosions at Sea

Three grey-masted ships can be seen moving out from the North Dock, maneuvering towards the Sea Gate leading out to Darkstone Bay.

[Some rush to the dock to look for answers.]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see the skeletal frames of large ships, some stacked piles of supplies, some huge wooden crates, a large imperial ship, a stack of empty crates, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay and a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it.

The three grey-masted ships make it beyond the Sea Gate and glide out further from town, moving deeper into the murky waters of Darkstone Bay.

A few soldiers can be seen moving along the decks of the three ships, their tabards bearing the mark of a black triskelion on a field of gold and red. They move crates along the ships' decks as the vessels set out further from town.

[I missed most of the conversation at the dock while the group I was in was looking around, but came back to:]

Raelee adds, "And Jantalar, being landlocked, is not precisely known for its naval prowess."

Lylia says, "And if you mean the fires, well..."

Shinann says, "That seems... odd."

Lylia says, "Why would they care? Why would they wish to become involved? There is no logic to it."

Shinann says, "All of this."

Zosopage says, "Or they stole something which is in those crates."

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee says, "I do not expect the Baroness Hoschib would."

There is a flicker, and a white armored figure appears perched on a tower rooftop near the sea gate, watching out towards Darkstone Bay.

Lylia says, "But we do know that Rone sought Stephos deArchon. And we do not know where Stephos deArchon is."

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee asks, "Rogue elements still loyal to her deceased brother?"

Lylia says, "I would imagine he does, though."

Speaking to Lylia, Luathaich says, "It's like you summoned him with his name."

[The group I was in looks about again, but soon..]

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Suddenly, the three grey ships still on the Bay suddenly explode into a fiery inferno! The vessels explode into a shower of crimson flames, and thousands of wooden splinters and debris. The voices of screaming men can be heard, just over the roar of the angry fires, but the yelling dies quickly as the flames continue to burn brightly.

Elphieya: "Did anyone know those ships would be leaving? Madam Mayor?"

Lylia: "No. And I certainly did not know that..."

Upon the tower rooftop, the white armored figure flickers out of sight.


The Rone Reconsideration

[The group I was in returns to see...]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see the skeletal frames of large ships, some stacked piles of supplies, some huge wooden crates, a large imperial ship, a stack of empty crates, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay and a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it.

Also here: Stormyrain, Shinann, Chaoswynd, Zosopage, Giantphang, Claudaro, Great Lord Ferrumus, Great Lord Danthius, Commander Roblar, Magnificos, Xorus, Dayko, Luathaich, Mayor Lylia, Magister Raelee, Pietra, Tsarok, Rone who is kneeling

Zosopage says, "Now we know what you did with those bombs."

Giantphang exclaims, "A flair for flares!"

Rone reaches behind his head, and pulls off his mask, coughing as blood splatters on his hand and the ground.

Roblar deeply says, "Saved us too from some orbs."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain murmurs, "What do you need?"

Rone coughs.

Speaking to Rone, Lylia asks, "Stephos was not on any of those ships, was he?"

Rone darkly says, "No..."

Lylia says, "Then your work is not yet done. So you must let us help you if you are injured."

Rone twitches, almost appearing translucent for a moment.

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "Fascinating."

Lylia softly says, "But we cannot, if you do not allow it."

Giantphang says, "Fasintating."

Zosopage says, "Temporal problems."

Roblar deeply says, "Maybe don't want da gauntlets den."

Rone begins to twitch.

Speaking to Rone, Zosopage asks, "Is there anything we can do to help you at this time?"

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "Is there aught we can do for you? You seem to be in some distress."

Rone weakly says, "I.."

Rone weakly says, "I don't know."

Speaking slowly to Rone, Chaoswynd says, "How much have you been using the rifts."

Rone looks down at the gauntlets on his hand.

Speaking to Rone, Dayko says, "Looks like ya fadin a bit."

Xorus says, "Those gauntlets may be taxing your body."

Speaking seriously to Rone, Leafiara says, "Come into custody. Let's work on the problem--together--whatever it is."

Speaking darkly to Rone, Draccor says, "I think you either need sleep, or you have some kind of parasite."

Speaking deeply to Rone, Danthius says, "It's time..."

Rone weakly says, "They will need me. To finish. Enemies still remain."

Speaking softly to Rone, Elphieya says, "There are others who can fight."

Speaking to Rone, Shinann says, "No."

Speaking quietly to Rone, Lylia says, "You have helped us in the past, Thrayzar. Let us help you."

Speaking quietly to Rone, Stormyrain asks, "And who are they to you? What about your friends? What about us? What about Stiletto?"

Rone weakly says, "When it is over, I am free."

Speaking to Rone, Pietra says, "You apparently have an entire town to support you... so let them."

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich says, "As you can see, there are many of us willing to stand and fight. Let us help."

Rone weakly says, "I am sorry."

Speaking slowly to Rone, Chaoswynd says, "You need to slow down, your body can't take the punishment you're putting it through. You're going to end up burning out, like candle fat burning too hot."

Ferrumus deeply asks, "Is that... why?"

Lylia says, "The freedom to die, if you consume yourself like this."

Speaking to Rone, Leafiara suggests, "You can be free now. Let us help you. Before it's too late."

Pietra quietly asks, "Free from what? Or who?"

Speaking to Rone, Shinann says, "Give me the gauntlets... you do not have to finish this."

Speaking to Rone, Zosopage asks, "Free how? Back to your normal self or free as in dead?"

Rone weakly says, "The Alchemist...his Sparrows...free from them."

Claudaro says, "Give Roblar the gauntlets, he'll finish it and more."

Shinann raises an eyebrow in Rone's direction.

Speaking to Rone, Volwulf says, "You've done enough, no need to continue..."

Rone glances at Shinann.

Lylia asks, "They promised you freedom?"

Speaking darkly to Rone, Draccor asks, "I'll trade you gauntlets...how about that?"

Rone weakly says, "Yes..they did."

Shinann says, "Thrayzar... you will be free from them. Give me the gauntlets."

Lylia quietly asks, "And do they ever lie?"

Speaking to Rone, Volwulf asks, "Do you believe they really will?"

Rone weakly says, "When the bay is black with blood..."

Shinann says, "No."

Leafiara frankly says, "There's no guarantee they'll live up to their promise--but we will live up to ours if you come with us."

Xorus says, ".. black..."

Speaking softly to Rone, Elphieya asks, "Who can you trust more? Them or those here standing before you?"

Shinann says, "They never helped Malluch."

Volwulf says, "Helping is what we do."

Lylia hisses, "Malluch was a cracked vessel."

Giantphang exclaims, "Especially when helping mean splatting mister monsters!"

Speaking to Rone, Shinann asks, "Please?"

Rone looks to Shinann, then touches a gauntlet, his hand lingering, as if going to remove it. But suddenly, a white portal snaps open behind him, and a burly figure wearing krolvin skin hides grabs Rone by the arms, bends them back and drags him through the portal which snaps shut in the blink of an eye.

Shinann exclaims, "No!"

Volwulf exclaims, "No!"

Luathaich exclaims, "No!"

Danthius deeply exclaims, "Ughh!"

Elphieya softly says, "No no no."

Draccor darkly says, "Well that didn't go well."

Dayko asks, "Krolvin robes?"

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Did all you could... we all did."

Roblar deeply says, "A group dat hunts krolvin."

Xorus says, "White Sparrows wear krolvin skins."

Dayko says, "Ahh.."

Roblar deeply says, "Dey attacked us before at Black Sands."

Stormyrain murmurs, "Pardon me, all."

Pietra says, "He seems too weak to come back..."

Danthius deeply says, "For a second there he seemed to be... somewhat normal."

Dayko says, "Hrm, well if I ever see em I'll give em credit for hunting krolvins."

Zosopage says, "Well we at least know that he cannot get out of what he is doing."

Luathaich says, "Well. Fascinating. But rather upsetting."

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara agrees, "That is very true."

Roblar deeply says, "Dey hooman."

Giantphang says, "Still not is understand what is happen."

Speaking softly to Giantphang, Elphieya says, "I don't understand it all either."

Speaking to Giantphang, Pietra says, "That man is hurting, and we can't help him."

Elphieya softly says, "So much to comprehend."

Zosopage says, "But Thrayzar deserves our aid if it is right to do so."

Volwulf says, "There appears to be several things at play here..."

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara affirms, "Oh, it's right to do so."

Volwulf asks, "Thrayzar has helped us in the past, yes?"

Lylia says, "It is all rather confusing to those who are new to town and did not know Rone -- or Thrayzar -- before."

Roblar deeply says, "Even if he was odd to remain orc."

Leafiara explains, "He was the previous town marshal, leading the militia."

Dayko says, "I haven't seen Thrayzar in almost three years. He looks rather different then before."

Volwulf says, "Ahh I see, okay that makes sense."

Claudaro says, "Apparently, this Rone is actually on... well, not against, our side."

Lylia says, "Very much so. He was the Town Marshal for a time. A role now occupied by Thadston Andrews."

Speaking softly to Lylia, Elphieya says, "It seems he was close to coming with us and giving up the gauntlets."

Dayko says, "His personally has definitely gotten dull these days."

Lylia says, "'Sides' are an ambiguous matter these days."

Giantphang says, "That mister still is make dizzy when look at."

Speaking to Giantphang, Pietra says, "I think he's wreathed in some powerful magic."

Elphieya softly says, "All I know is there is too much death these days."

Speaking distantly to Elphieya, Leafiara agrees, "To be certain."

Volwulf asks, "Is it his gauntlets or his own power?"

Speaking to Volwulf, Leafiara says, "The gauntlets--though his physical strength is his own."

Xorus says, "His gauntlets were designed by a figure known as the Alchemist."

Zosopage says, "I'd almost think it was temporal considering what happened earlier and the way he looks like he's about to blink out of existence."

Shinann says, "I..."

Shinann just went west.


Prax's Escort Request

Approaching from the murk and dark of night, Praxopius comes wheeling into view.

Elphieya softly says, "Praxopius..."

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor says, "You better have brought rum."

Speaking slowly to Praxopius, Leafiara asks, "And... what brings you here tonight?"

Speaking to Praxopius, Dayko says, "Now, I've never met this fello."

Praxopius squints into the distance.

Praxopius says, "I heard the noise and saw the fires."

Pietra says, "Interesting timing."

Leafiara nods absently.

Giantphang exclaims, "That the mister with the rolly chair!"

Volwulf says, "Quite interesting timing."

Lylia says, "It must be difficult to move about on wheels."

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor says, "Lucky for you I brought my own."

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Elphieya asks, "How is it you seem to always show up after the killing has ended?"

Speaking to Praxopius, Leafiara remarks, "It was... quite an eventful night."

Speaking amusedly to Giantphang, Dayko asks, "Rolly chair?"

Speaking evenly to Praxopius, Raelee says, "... Praxopius."

Lylia says, "And no wonder it took some time to reach us."

Giantphang exclaims, "Chair gots wheel!"

Praxopius asks, "Another attack by the Brotherhood?"

Leafiara holds up her hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor says, "It was only weak Rooks."

Nazarr says, "Yes. Bombs and fires tonight."

Zosopage says, "Another sacrifice by the brotherhood...."

Praxopius squints in the distance at the fiery remnants of the ships now just floating debris and a shower of embers.

Dayko says, "Oooh."

Leafiara says, "The bombs were from the Rooks--but the fires were from T--Rone."

Praxopius furrows his brow.

Praxopius asks, "Oh?"

Pietra says, "No poison yet, though."

Speaking to Praxopius, Lylia says, "Rysus has sunk deeper into madness."

Speaking to Giantphang, Dayko says, "My leg would fall asleep a lot if sat too long."

Praxopius asks, "Rone has turned to striking ships? If not Rysus doing?"

Praxopius nods at Lylia.

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor says, "Maybe you should hire a group to look into the matter further and in secret."

Giantphang exclaims, "Does it snore?!"

Giantphang gawks at Dayko.

Praxopius says, "It is my hope Rysus will cease to exist after not too much more time."

Speaking to Giantphang, Dayko says, "No, but I do occasionally."

Speaking to Praxopius, Lylia says, "I tried to lure him out and end him quickly."

Zosopage says, "There is something even larger at play here."

Lylia hollowly says, "To no avail, however."

Praxopius grins at Draccor.

Speaking slowly to Praxopius, Leafiara repeats, "Cease... to exist."

Speaking to Zosopage, Dayko asks, "Thinkin it involves the Jantalar folks?"

Giantphang asks, "Larger?"

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Wintersylph says, "Good luck on that, Rysus is a survivor."

Praxopius asks, "Jantalar?"

Praxopius furrows his brow.

Claudaro asks, "What's that saying about the viper's venom, while in its dying throes?"

Dayko says, "The ships had their crest on their tabards."

Praxopius asks, "Had they business here?"

Pietra asks, "Well they were here, then left... so yes?"

Zosopage says, "Rone is a pawn, being used to do this for someone else but whom."

Xorus says, "Stephos has brought weapons here from Jantalar in the past. Perhaps they belonged to him."

Lylia says, "Official business? I am not certain, as I am not the harbor-master, but.."

Lylia nods at Xorus.

Zosopage says, "Albeit it is for his freedom."

Praxopius says, "Ah, yes, that would make sense."

Speaking briefly to Praxopius, Dayko says, "They happened to leave right after the warehouses caught on fire. but I wouldn't know anything about their business."

Praxopius says, "If this Rone truly sought revenge against Stephos, death may have been too easy."

Praxopius says, "Hitting a man's livelihood, and perhaps even security, can be a more compelling form of vengeance."

Lylia says, "It is what Thrayzar claimed, yes, before he left the temporal rift in search of his next quarry, saying he had a mission to complete."

Speaking slowly to Praxopius, Leafiara says, "Stephos has been and is a wanted man in many places, from what I understand. Death doesn't find its way easily to him by any means."

Praxopius nods.

Leafiara understandingly says, "Ahh... by that meaning of easy."

Praxopius says, "Despite the fires and noise, I am glad you are all here."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Draccor says, "I know all about being wanted in multiple towns at once."

Praxopius says, "My request is even more critical now given tonight's recent events."

Speaking flippantly to Draccor, Leafiara says, "I'll bet you do."

Praxopius says, "And the instability of Rysus."

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Elphieya asks, "You come with a request?"

Praxopius says, "I am in need of some protection. Likely tomorrow evening."

Lylia says, "Rysus is quite mad. Those Rooks who persist in following him..."

Praxopius says, "To help escort some wagons coming here from the south."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Draccor says, "Hell I've been banished from multiple towns at the same time."

Speaking admiringly to Draccor, Dayko says, "Your infamous legacy lives on."

Speaking to Praxopius, Zosopage asks, "The Bleaklands?"

Zosopage says, "Ahh."

Praxopius says, "Given Rysus' condition, I cannot take any chances."

Shinann asks, "What is in the wagons?"

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Elphieya asks, "Will all the information you have be shared with those who choose to help? Or only that you decide is needed to be shared?"

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Wintersylph asks, "South, how far south?"

Speaking darkly to Dayko, Draccor says, "The world would be less interesting without me."

Praxopius says, "I would gladly welcome anyone to help."

Praxopius nods at Elphieya.

Praxopius says, "If that answers your inquiry."

Speaking to Praxopius, Claudaro asks, "You paying?"

Praxopius says, "We cannot be certain what the Brotherhood would try to do."

Dayko says, "I bet it's as easy as escorting an official to another town."

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor says, "I live for danger."

Praxopius says, "Given their distaste for the Empire, and the ship project..."

Leafiara curiously repeats, "As Shinann asked, what's in the wagons?"

Praxopius says, "Supplies."

Lylia says, "One does what one must...and I suppose I must."

Nazarr asks, "When and where would we meet?"

Speaking to Praxopius, Zosopage asks, "Anything to do with Larsya?"

Leafiara ventures, "Fragile? So we can have some idea of how much we need to do to protect them."

Praxopius says, "No. We will journey to the Bleaklands by week's end. That, is for Larsya."

Draccor darkly says, "I'm sure his ships can handle gale force winds no problem."

Claudaro says, "Answers, and ensuring the wagons align with their moral compass will buy the help of most here, but for tight lips, and no questions, coin may be needed to buy the help of a few here."

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Wintersylph asks, "So, are we protecting you, or the wagon train?"

Praxopius says, "The wagons."

Leafiara pragmatically says, "The point is, if they're supplies in glass bottles we'd need to be much more proactive than if they're supplies of mithril weapons."

Leafiara adds, "For example."

Praxopius says, "They are important."

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Elphieya says, "I think all here would like more information."

Praxopius nods.

Pietra says, "Where and when would be helpful as well."

Speaking softly to Praxopius, Elphieya says, "Not to be spoon fed but to be spoken to directly. You ask our help, we deserve that much."

Giantphang exclaims, "Can me is ride on wagon? Protect from there? Wagonride is so fun!"

Speaking to Praxopius, Leafiara muses, "So not even one attack can get through if we can help it. I see."

Speaking to Giantphang, Pietra says, "You might get to swing your big maul too. And no Jarl hands this time."

Speaking darkly to Giantphang, Draccor says, "Yer too big, you get to pull a wagon or two."

Praxopius says, "Perhaps there will be no activity at all."

Leafiara wryly says, "I wouldn't count on it."

Praxopius says, "But one cannot be too safe."

Giantphang exclaims, "Splatted some hooded misters and a fire already!"

Praxopius says, "I would expect them tomorrow eve. I've heard a storm is coming this way too, it could slow travel."

Dayko says, "At this time of era, it doesn't stay safe too long anyhow."

Zosopage says, "At least the lightening will give us some light."

Shinann asks, "Where are the supplies coming from?"

Speaking offhandedly to Giantphang, Lylia remarks, "Those 'hooded misters' and 'hooded misses' who wish to remain breathing had best leave their hoods and beaks off tomorrow."

Elphieya softly asks, "Does it bother no one else that we are asked to protect "supplies" and not given more than that?"

Giantphang exclaims, "Yeah!"

Praxopius says, "I will look for you all tomorrow. I appreciate any who would be willing to help protect the wagons."

Praxopius says, "Estoria."

Praxopius nods at Shinann.

Giantphang exclaims, "And not try for setting me on fire too!"

Giantphang exclaims, "Or anymister!"

Shinann asks, "Why not by ship?"

Giantphang exclaims, "The fire was burny!"

Speaking darkly to Praxopius, Draccor asks, "Are the supplies at least the bomb orbs that the Rooks were using tonight?"

Speaking to Praxopius, Dayko asks, "Around this time mister??"

Praxopius says, "The seas are not always safe."

Lylia says, "Even less safe of late with Kragnack prowling."

Praxopius grins.

Praxopius stretches.

Nazarr says, "There are airships, and I believe the gnomes and dwarves would work for hire."

Praxopius says, "The hour is late. I had just fallen asleep when those ships exploded."

Praxopius says, "Goodnight all."

Lylia says, "Tomorrow, then."

Leafiara wishes, "Be well until then."

Xorus says, "Whatever help I can provide, Praxopius."

Praxopius wheels off towards the gates of town.



Bonus Comedy

The Casual Cinnamon Coffee Confrontation

[Shortly after the Rooks were first spotted, but before it had escalated to widespread battle in the streets...]

[Raging Thrak Inn, Rooftop]

Dwarven loggers tirelessly haul crates of lumber along the cobblestone road below, moving along the street between the bathhouse and local bank. The ancient oak tree of Town Square stretches up to the southeast. You also see a wooden railing and a wooden hatch.

Also here: Zosopage, Chaoswynd, Stormyrain

Chaoswynd seems to be waiting for something.

Chaoswynd takes a drink from his cinnamon coffee.

Stormyrain takes a drink from her cinnamon coffee.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

Chaoswynd slowly says, "We seem to be missing someone."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Leafiara!

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the essence of the spell, dissipating it harmlessly.

Chaoswynd gives a sidelong glance at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Leafiara calls upon peaceful spirits and directs them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Leafiara gestures.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stares, seething in anger!

Leafiara gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure glances around nervously.

Shinann jumps from the top of a nearby building, landing on the rooftop!

Chaoswynd takes a drink from his cinnamon coffee.

Chaoswynd takes a drink from his cinnamon coffee.

Chaoswynd takes a drink from his cinnamon coffee.

Leafiara waves a hand at the dark hooded figure, shooing it off.

Reaching over his shoulder, Chaoswynd draws his vultite bastard sword from a series of straps on the back of his leather harness.

Chaoswynd equips a thorn-hilted razern parrying dagger hanging from one of the straps on his leather harness.

As Chaoswynd gets a thorn-hilted razern parrying dagger, several vines of briar and thorn slither out of the top of the blade and twine about his wrist. Droplets of crimson blood are quickly absorbed by the writhing vines.

Stormyrain: "..contact with Rooks on the Rooftop of Thrak Inn."

Stormyrain takes a drink from her cinnamon coffee.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure scowls angrily.

Shinann joins Chaoswynd's group.

Stormyrain tucks some hazelnut cinnamon coffee into a small pocket inside of her ebon lambskin jacket.

Stormyrain equips a dark oak-hafted waraxe hanging from one of the straps on her leather harness.

Chaoswynd hangs a ruby-eyed carved bone skull amulet inscribed with sigils around his neck.

Stormyrain raises her voice in rhythmic song, commanding the aid of the elements.

Stormyrain skillfully begins to weave another verse into her harmony.

Stormyrain begins singing and focuses her voice into a vortex of air shaped like a fang-beset misty black sword-breaker, centered on her left hand.

Reaching over his shoulder, Chaoswynd draws his vultite bastard sword from a series of straps on the back of his leather harness.

The rook slips away.

Stormyrain: "He slipped away."

Chaoswynd rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Shinann asks, "What was that about?"

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Hey, first time that's ever worked."

Leafiara chuckles.

Stormyrain says, "No idea."

[Shortly after at the same spot...]

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd asks, "Should we move elsewhere?"

Stormyrain hangs a dark oak-hafted waraxe from one of the straps on her leather harness.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

Leafiara calls upon peaceful spirits and directs them to send their soothing presence through the area...

Leafiara gestures.

A sense of peace and calm resettles over the area.

[However, this time no sanct will stop the Rook's attack...]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Stormyrain!

CS: +409 - TD: +451 + CvA: -8 + d100: +95 - -5 == +50

Warded off!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Stormyrain for a moment, then dissipate.

Chaoswynd gives a sidelong glance at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Stormyrain grabs some hazelnut cinnamon coffee from a small pocket inside of her ebon lambskin jacket.

Stormyrain takes a drink from her cinnamon coffee.

[...but nobody retaliates anyway.]

As Chaoswynd murmurs his spell into the air, ghostlike leaves appear and swirl about him, encompassing his body in a cloak of muted autumn hues. He subtly gestures upwards, causing the foliage to unfurl about him, scattering off into the unknown...

Chaoswynd gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Stormyrain draws a glowing pattern in the air before a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

Chaoswynd shakes his head at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Shinann traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...

Shinann gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is awakened by Shinann's attack!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Shinann's attack!

CS: +445 - TD: +363 + CvA: +9 + d100: +57 == +148

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure suddenly stops all movement.

Leafiara nods absently at Chaoswynd.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure struggles against the forces that bind it.

Stormyrain takes a drink from her cinnamon coffee.

As Chaoswynd murmurs his spell into the air, ghostlike leaves appear and swirl about him, encompassing his body in a cloak of muted autumn hues. He subtly gestures upwards, causing the foliage to unfurl about him, scattering off into the unknown...

Chaoswynd gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Stormyrain dusts off her hands.

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Stormyrain offers, "Stop that and you can live."

A hatch opens up and Balley climbs into view.

A hatch opens up and Zosopage climbs into view.

Speaking casually to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara asks, "So, er--why are ya after the people here instead of Rone?"

Stormyrain equips a dark oak-hafted waraxe hanging from one of the straps on her leather harness.

Zosopage glances at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Zosopage stares down a grey-beaked dark hooded figure and lets out an eerie, modulating cry!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure looks at Zosopage in utter terror!

Leafiara gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure begins to move again.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

Zosopage stares down a grey-beaked dark hooded figure and lets out an eerie, modulating cry!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure looks at Zosopage in utter terror!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is frightened into immobility!

Some dark hooded figures seem to move across some rooftops, and some begin to move along alleyways in the streets. Periodically, a flicker of a white armored figure appears, blinking in and out and popping up into view around town, then vanishing.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure's look of utter terror dissipates.

Zosopage says, "Hrmm."

Leafiara curiously notes, "I don't see him killing anyone this time..."

Leafiara acknowledges, "Yet."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Rysus: "Well if he won't hold still for us..."

Stormyrain: "Thrayzar, don't do this. It's not too late for you to fight against what the Alchemist has done."

Stormyrain: "Oh look, if it isn't the Coward King himself."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Rysus: "You are responsible for this...Rone..."

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Zosopage asks, "You know your lives are in danger with Rone around so why show yourselves?"

Leafiara nods in agreement at Zosopage.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Speaking seriously to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara agrees, "It is a bit foolish. I think now's the time to stay in the shadows more than ever."

Danthius: "Well, well, welll..."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Shinann shifts her weight.

Rysus: "Time for for you to come forward..."

Rysus: "How many bodies this time Marshal?"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure blinks calmly.

Leafiara groans.

A hatch opens up and Luathaich climbs into view.

Stormyrain narrows her eyes.

Luathaich blinks.

Luathaich casually observes his surroundings.

Chaoswynd gives a sidelong glance at Stormyrain.

Zosopage glances at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure with a forlorn expression on his face.

Leafiara resignedly says, "Why's it have to come to thi--oh, right. Prax's poison."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd asks, "Should we try and find him?"

Leafiara scrubs her hand through her shoulder length bright red hair in frustration.

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain says, "Rysus? Yes. Thrayzar? No."

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara says, "But, you know, you still have a choice."

Leafiara nods sagely to the dark hooded figure.


Timing is Everything

[The Rooks roll bombs into the square...]

Rendena just bit the dust!

Sorranie just bit the dust!

Malfarious just bit the dust!

Geovekn just bit the dust!

Vayek just bit the dust!

Yoojin just bit the dust!

Raelee just bit the dust!

Volwulf just bit the dust!

Florania just bit the dust!

Telavien just bit the dust!

Kipu just bit the dust!

Sizzli just bit the dust!

Wrichie just bit the dust!

Ferrumus just bit the dust!

A pale-faced coppery barn owl flies in.

Leafiara yells, "Abandon the square!"

Shinann winces.

Bristenn has arrived to save the day!

Leafiara says, "Or... too late."


Ign-orb-ance is not Bliss

[Leafi plans to take an orb away from the square before it explodes, drop it, and run, but...]

Leafiara picks up a shaking crimson glass orb.

Maiden Leafiara just went northeast.

[OOC: I have no idea what this part looked like in third person, so I'll just present it in first person.]

[Town Square, Northeast]

The entrance to Tykel's Arms, its heavy door bounded by iron-barred windows, dominates this corner of the square. All manner of citizens pass by, moving among the solid, multistoried wooden buildings that surround the bazaar. Just to the southwest can be seen the tree-shaded heart of the square, where citizens and adventurers gather for socializing, healing and rest. You also see a narrow alleyway.

>drop orb

>sw

You lean forward and roll the flashing crimson glass orb away from you.

The crimson glass orb suddenly explodes, tiny shards of glass scattering as a ring of crimson flames bursts forth, rippling out in every direction!

A current of crimson fire rushes over you!

... 35 points of damage!

Right leg horribly scorched. Won't be usable for weeks.

You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled right leg!

You are stunned for 8 rounds!

You are still stunned.

[..."drop orb" is not how this works.]


The Storm Before the Calm Before the Storm

[Leafi accidentally finds the fires before the explosion message goes off...]

[Wehnimer's, Banker's Square]

The eastern road leads closer to the river, which can be smelled but not seen from here. The southern road constricts as it makes a straight cut towards the modwir palisade that surrounds the town, avoiding the maze-like side streets of the riverfront and Shanty Town, which are haunted by dockworkers, warehouse porters, and wharf rats. A dusty pile of rubble might have been a building once, but whatever it was is unrecognizable now. You also see a ruined and scorched warehouse, a ruined and scorched warehouse, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a crackling fire.

Leafiara slowly says, "However... I can see some fires here at Banker's Square."

Dayko: "Just a sign that hangs on the north gate outside."

BOOM! A huge explosion rocks the Banker's Square!

Leafiara: "However... I can see some fires here at Banker's Square."

Lylia: "None yet. We know what his mission is, but not the object of it as Stephos has gone to ground..."

Leafiara gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

>prepare 306

>cast fire

Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance around you like wind-borne leaves as you hum a cheerful tune and sing a sylvan phrase, preparing your spell.

Your spell is ready.

Be at peace my child, there is no need for spells of war in here.

Mayor Lylia just arrived.

Leafiara frowns.

Lylia removes an aquamarine wand from in her wrap.

Flames shoot up into the sky as two warehouses suddenly explode on Banker's Square!

Dayko just arrived.

Luathaich just arrived.

Now and again, resin in some burning wood is ignited by the flames and the fire hisses loudly. The sharp smell of the scorched resin permeates the air and invades your nostrils.

A length of timber crashes and falls over into the fire. The flames grow upon it slowly like roses awakening until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

The flames glimmer, red and scarlet, orange and yellow, as they flare and climb upward above each other.

Now and again, resin in some burning wood is ignited by the flames and the fire hisses loudly. The sharp smell of the scorched resin permeates the air and invades your nostrils.

Lylia waves an aquamarine wand at a crackling fire.

Nothing happens.

(OOC) Kenstrom's player whispers, "Haha you're quick."

Commander Roblar just arrived.

Leafiara grins crookedly.


Making an Exit

Praxopius wheels off towards the gates of town.

A shaft of scintillating light suddenly jumps out of the sky and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Kenstrom is standing in its place.

Roblar grins.

Leafiara gazes in amusement at her surroundings.

OOPS?

Roblar chuckles.

Leafiara snickers.

Pietra grins.

Zosopage chuckles.

Dayko laughs!

Giantphang gasps in terrified panic, trembling and flailing his arms about!

Danthius grins.

>mychar is leaving that in the log

Leafiara is leaving that in the log

Leafiara nods sagely.

Elphieya giggles.

Nazarr laughs!

Draccor smirks.

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "Lightshow?! DANCE FLOOR!! OOSH OOSH OOSH!"