Those Aren't Tears/2018-12-16 Elspie is Found (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline Those Aren't Tears on December 16, 2018, from the viewpoint of Lady Darcena Wolf-Valslayer.

Summary

  • Atmospheric differences continue to happen on the isle paired with violent thunderstorms (which Ilsola stated Nazhor might have something to do with): "The air ripples around you, everything distorting momentarily, then returning to normal."
  • Ilsola announces that we must find Elspie and follow up on Penre's clue about underneath. She said she'd asked around and every place the Five Families knew of was searched to no avail. She said the outlying islands must be searched and adventurers should start off Eastern Harbor.
  • Darcena leads the group to Sunset Cay to try to pick up any new scents. While there, adventurers discovered the bedroom door was closed and covered in "bright red runes". Adventurers could not open the door.
  • Adventurers went back out to Brannogh's grave based on the clues "damp," "rotting," and "underneath" given by Penre. While there, Jalodg digs with his shovel while Maylan and Darcena dig with their hands. Khaell searches the area and discovers a flame-edged flickering portal behind the tombstone.
  • Adventurers go through the portal and find they are in Elspie's bedroom where there is a "roaring fire completely obscuring one wall". After one hundred and twenty two casts, Jiriane manages to break through the fire. Behind it is a reinforced steel hatch.
  • Jiarine opens the reinforced steel hatch. Inside the cell is Duvainiel and Elspie and some bright red letters scrawled across the wall that reads "I'm quite finished with her. She has been more useful than she will ever know. I shall see you all soon. -Nazhor"
  • Nodyre kills Duvainiel, she's raised by Khaell, then Khaell kills Duvainiel and Ilsola calls for a town cleric. In between, Duvainiel is interrogated while Elspie repeats "Ripples" over and over and does not respond to the adventurers.
  • Duvainiel states "Oi...ma head..", "Where 'm I?", "Aye... I rememba da... bu'...", "I wen ta bed wid 'im... Da's da las' ding I rememba.", Duvainiel brings her fingers to her temples and rubs in clockwise motion, "Da boss wun do dat... da boss... 'wun...", "Na... 'e... 'e wun... 'e wun leave meh... 'e promised...", "'e promised if I did wha 'e wanted... 'e'd make it go away... I'd see mah ma and pa agin" and after this she began repeating and shrieking and sobbing.
  • Elspie wanders out of the cell and stares out the picture window. She continues to repeat "Ripples." Twice, she said, "Ripples... folds..."
  • Adventurers coerce Elspie out to the water where her eyes start to clear and she watches the waves. She says, "Ripples... Nazhor..." She then remembers that Bran is dead and becomes very sad. Then remembers Nazhor is involved and she is enraged and upset with the town for not helping her.
  • Jalodg, Khobra, and Nodyre help calm Elspie down while Darcena attempts to stoke the flames of holy vengeance. Nodyre gives a particularly rousing speech.
  • During the various speeches, adventurers hear tapping noises, someone on the walkway, a quiet rustling noise, quiet footsteps, but never figure out who it is.

GM Cast: Duvainiel, Elspie, Ilsola

Adventurers: Warchief Archales, Lord Crime, Lady Darcena, High Lord Jalodg, Jiarine, Khaell, Khobra, Land Pirate Maylan, Nodyre, Master Pukk

Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

Underneath Everything

[Gardenia Commons - 3668]
The soft, soothing sound of the carved marble fountain that dominates Gardenia Commons breaks the omnipresent silence of night.  Bright moonlight dapples the area in a silvery glow and reflects off the water pouring into the fountain, causing ripples of ethereal light to dance across the mist that clings to the cobblestone street.  A light, thin layer of dew glistens on the wrought iron benches that encircle the fountain.  You also see a wide-mouthed wicker basket.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

The air ripples around you, everything distorting momentarily, then returning to normal.

You frown.
Nodyre frets.
Khaell searches around for a moment.
(Darcena suddenly becomes more serious.)
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
You sniff.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
You fasten the buttons on your black leather coat, protecting yourself from the rainstorm.
Reaching over your shoulder, you draw your fused vertebral staff from a series of straps on the back of your slate battle harness.
You glance warily around the area.
Khaell ponders.
Khaell says, "Somethings amiss."
Khobra adopts an agreeable expression.
You frown at Khaell.
A boom of thunder blasts through the grey skies.
You say, "Feels a little odd."
Rain clouds completely cover the sky.
You glance up.
Khaell nods.
Khaell agrees with you.
Maylan says, "Aye, that sounds like special thunder. The sorta thunder that precludes trouble."
You plaintively say, "I'm getting wet."
You wrinkle your nose.
Khaell gazes up into the sky.
Khaell takes a deep breath.
Khaell gazes up into the heavens.
Ilsola wanders in.
Ilsola slowly empties her lungs.
Khobra nods in greeting.
Archales runs a hand over his kidskin jacket, wiping off the accumulated raindrops.
Ilsola says, "Hello everyone."
Nodyre nods to Ilsola in greeting.
Archales nods in greeting.
You give a sidelong glance at Ilsola.
Speaking to Ilsola, Nodyre says, "Good evening."
Archales says, "Allos."
Speaking warmly to Ilsola, Khobra greets, "Hello."
Speaking to Ilsola, you ask, "Still mucking things up?"
Ilsola growls, "We have to find Elspie."
Nodyre nods at Ilsola.
Ilsola glares at you.
You say, "Finally. Something I can agree with."
Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "I'm tired of waiting.  Of playing defense."
Khaell inclines his head.
You nod slowly at Ilsola.
You lightly growl, "Good."
Khobra agrees with Ilsola.
Ilsola says, "That maggot Penre gave us a clue."
You ask, "Underneath everything?"
Ilsola says, "And we have to follow up on it.  No more waiting."
Nodyre nods at Ilsola.
Ilsola nods once to you.
You say, "Ripples and unbalance and she's under everything."
You say, "Damp."
You say, "Rotting."
Ilsola says, "Underneath.  That's where we have to start."
Ilsola nods in agreement to you.
Khaell adopts an agreeable expression.
You ask, "Is there something underneath on this isle?"
Khobra tilts her head down.
Archales asks, "Underneathe what?"
Khobra raises an eyebrow.
Jiarine asks, "I assume this will be dangerous?"
Ilsola asks, "Underneath, damp, and ripples.  That sounds like some sort of basement or underground area on this island.  Would you agree?"
Nodyre nods at Ilsola.
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
You nod.
You say, "I'm not as familiar with it as you are."
Khobra says, "Underground at leazt."
Speaking to Jiarine, Ilsola says, "With Nazhor, it's impossible to know."
Ilsola says, "Since our last... encounter."
Ilsola grumbles.
Khobra surveys her surroundings carefully.
Nodyre says, "There is somewhere beneath our very feet that I know of...."
Nodyre whistles tunelessly to himself.
Khobra places her hands on both the longsword and longsword hanging from her hip-slung swordbelt, and drums her fingers.  She surveys the area with a hint of malice in her eyes.
Maylan thumps her mop-fringed pegleg on the ground in three rapid successions.
Maylan ponders.
You cock your head at Nodyre.
Archales glances at Nodyre.
Maylan says, "Doesn't sound hollow."
Maylan thumps her mop-fringed pegleg on the ground in three rapid successions.
Ilsola says, "I've been asking around.  Every known cave and nook that the Five Families knows of has been searched, to no avail."
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan asks, "And the little islands?"
Speaking to Maylan, Ilsola says, "That was going to be my suggestion."
Khobra adopts an agreeable expression.
Jiarine says, "If it involves rowing..."
Ilsola says, "The outlying islands must be searched."
Jiarine says, "Someone else can do that."
You frown.
Maylan hopefully asks, "Does this mean we get to take a paddle boat ride?"
Jalodg waves.
Nodyre turns to Maylan and cheers!
Ilsola says, "There has to be an entrance somewhere, and we have to search it out."
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "Tell me where to go, and I will search."
Maylan waves to Jalodg.
Jalodg blushes a pleasant shade of deep rose.
Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "All the islands off the Eastern Harbor must be searched."
You wave to Jalodg.
Khaell takes a deep breath.
Ilsola slowly empties her lungs.
Nodyre nods slowly.
Khobra says, "I've zearch the Black zandz Izland, that iz vne lezz place to have to zearch."
You nod.
Jalodg gives you a friendly hug.
Jalodg beams!
You ask, "Paddle boats, then?"
Maylan flails her arms about.
Ilsola asks, "Do we split up, or search as a group?"
Jalodg grins.
Maylan asks, "Is it raining?"
Rain clouds completely cover the sky.
You nod at Maylan.
Nodyre nods at Maylan.
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan says, "Let us not split up."
Khobra says, "But there are zeveral Izlandz out there. A mage vith a familar would be good."
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan says, "That's how folks get killed."
Archales says, "It is not."
Speaking to Maylan, Ilsola says, "It's always raining... Nazhor hinted he might have something to do with it."
Ilsola grumbles.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "I'ms here to helps!"
Archales pushes the grey cotton-lined voluminous hood of his kidskin jacket onto his shoulders, exposing himself to the rainfall.
Archales says, "Ohh."
Jalodg pulls the hood of his umcor apotl over his head, gaining coverage from the rainfall.
Ilsola joins your group.
Archales gazes up into the heavens.
Khobra agrees with Maylan.
Archales says, "Guess it is."
Jalodg inclines his ear, listening intently.
Maylan says, "I vote Darcena leads the search."
Archales says, "Couldn't tell under my hod."
Nodyre nods.
Archales shrugs.
You ask, "Do we need silvers?"
Khaell nods to Jalodg in greeting.
Nodyre waves to Jalodg.
The clouds light up in an array of blue, white, and violet hues.
Khobra says, "5500 zilverz, for thiz lot."
Jalodg grins at Nodyre.
Khobra says, "Not including myzelf that i."
You say, "I'm going to grab them just to be sure."
You say, "But first... I want to check something."
Jalodg's jaw drops.
Pukk whispers to the group, "Somebody was saying that there was going to be some mischevousness going on, so I'm here."
You say, "See if I can pick up the scent from Elspie's house."
Jalodg turns an inquisitive ear toward you.
Ilsola nods once to you.
Maylan whispers to the group, "You have come to the right place, mister."
Ilsola says, "Whatever makes this go faster."
Nodyre turns to Pukk and cheers!
Ilsola grumbles.
 

Picking Up The Trail at Sunset Cay

Darcena stops at the bank and withdraws silvers before adventurers head to the Cay, but on the way...

The air ripples around you, everything distorting momentarily, then returning to normal.

A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Archales rubs his eyes.
Khobra shivers.
Pukk glances around the area.
You frown.
Archales asks, "Did anyone else notice that?"
You say, "Something doesn't feel right."
You shudder.
Pukk nods at Archales.
Khobra nods at Archales.

[Sunset Cay, Approach - ]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Obvious paths: none
Archales, Jalodg, Nodyre, Maylan, Khaell, Khobra, Jiarine, Pukk, Ilsola and your marsh spirit followed.

You sniff.
Khaell frowns.
Ilsola squints.
Jalodg whispers something to Khobra.

[Sunset Cay, Garden - ]
Partially shaded by a thatched pavilion, this fecund retreat invites relaxation.  A curving two-person bench has been thoughtfully positioned just beneath the furthest edge of the pavilion to maximize morning sunshine and afternoon shade.  The garden is overflowing with lush plants and exotic flowers that lend the breeze a sultry redolence.  In the far corner of the garden, beneath the gentle shade of a sprawling fig tree, lies a freshly-turned grave.  A short path leads to a narrow glass-paned door at the back of the cabin.  You also see some wooden benches and a footpath leading back toward the beach.
Obvious paths: none
Archales, Jalodg, Nodyre, Maylan, Khaell, Khobra, Jiarine, Pukk, Ilsola and your marsh spirit followed.

You sniff.

>sniff grave
It smells like a freshly-turned grave.

>sniff benches
It smells like some wooden benches.

Jalodg crouches low and begins to scan his surroundings, one hand pressed to the ground.  After a moment, he slaps his thigh decisively.

You frown.
Khobra removes a grave blossom wreath wound with mint and cedar strips from in her drake-clasped case.
Khobra stands in front of a freshly-turned grave.
Archales glances at a freshly-turned grave.
Khobra kneels down.
Pukk glances at a freshly-turned grave.
Khobra carefully places a grave blossom wreath wound with mint and cedar strips on the ground.
Jalodg's jaw drops.
Khobra stands up.
Ilsola sighs.

>l grave
In what appears to be a very fresh gravesite, rich, dark soil has been mounded before a sharply carved tombstone.

Khobra strides a few steps backward.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Might needs my farm tools!"
Khobra surveys her surroundings carefully.
You reach out and touch a freshly-turned grave.
Pukk quietly says, "Looks fresh to me."
Speaking to Ilsola, you ask, "Have you been here before?"
Ilsola looks over at you and shakes her head.
You say, "It's where Bran is buried."
You nod at Pukk.
Pukk nods.
Pukk quietly says, "Ah..."
Ilsola asks, "If anything, it makes me more determined to find her... do you, er, smell anything?"
You sniff.
Maylan sniffs.
Maylan sniffs at you.
Archales casts an appraising gaze over his surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.
Maylan sniffs at Ilsola.
You hesitantly say, "A trace, but it seems to be washed away in the rain."
Maylan tugs the stopper free from her jade teardrop earrings, swiping it across her wrists before returning it to its place.  With a diminutive motion, she discreetly rubs her wrists together.
You glance at Maylan.
Ilsola says, "Maybe that's the reason for the constant rain."
Ilsola grumbles.
Speaking to Maylan, you mutter, "That doesn't help."
You say, "I'm just going to check in the house a moment."
(Khobra searches the area for fresh tracks among the ground, a keen eye still watching the surroundings.)
You nod.
Maylan says, "I can't help that I smell so good."

You move toward a narrow glass-paned door, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Kitchen - ]
This space has clearly been ransacked.  A a sturdy wooden table lies upended in the middle of the floor among the splintered remains of chairs and pottery.  A rhimar-lined pantry has been emptied, and its former contents lie scattered over the floor.  An archway leads back towards the living area, and a narrow glass-paned door exits into the garden.
Obvious exits: none
Crime, Archales, Jalodg, Nodyre, Maylan, Khaell, Khobra, Jiarine, Pukk, Ilsola and your marsh spirit followed.

You sniff.

You move toward an archway, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Living Area - ]
This spacious living room is in complete disarray.  A squat secretary has been pried open.  Papers, covered in ink from a nearby broken inkwell, spill from the broken secretary and onto the floor.  A set of his and hers armchairs have been knocked over, and their matching upholstery carelessly ripped open.  An overstuffed couch leans against a wall-sized picture window.  You see an archway into the kitchen, a blue-painted door leading to the front stairs, and a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Obvious exits: none
Crime, Archales, Jalodg, Nodyre, Maylan, Khaell, Khobra, Jiarine, Pukk, Ilsola and your marsh spirit followed.

You sniff.
Ilsola shakes her head.

Rune-Scrawled Door

You glance at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
You frown.
Ilsola blinks at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Speaking to you, Ilsola asks, "Is that how that used to look?"
You say, "No."
Khobra shakes her head.
Khobra says, "Not at all."
Ilsola squints.

>l bed door
You see nothing unusual.
>>open bedroom door
There doesn't seem to be any way to do that.
>go bedroom door
The bedroom door appears to be closed.

You say, "It won't open."
It smells like a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
You growl ferociously at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface!
You abruptly kick at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface!
Maylan abruptly kicks at a blue-painted door!
Khobra removes a delicate brass coin from in her drake-clasped case.
Maylan abruptly kicks at a blue-painted door!
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Speaking to Nodyre, Maylan asks, "Should I set it on fire?"
You say, "The bedroom door."
Jalodg gazes at the floor with a disappointed look upon his face.
Nodyre chuckles.
Khobra glances between a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface and a delicate brass coin.
Maylan abruptly kicks at a blue-painted door!
Khobra raises her brass coin high over her head, but nothing happens.
You lightly tap Maylan on the shoulder.
Ilsola asks, "Can anyone make sense of those runes?"
You patiently say, "I know you're likely intoxicated."
You say, "But not the blue door."
You say, "The one with red runes."
You point at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Khobra nods to you.

>read bedroom door
There is nothing there to read.

You say, "I read Saramar runes."
Nodyre gestures at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
You glance at a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Khobra says, "Defenzive runez of protection."
Ilsola growls ferociously!
You say, "Those..."
Nodyre snaps his fingers.
Ilsola says, "I read CONTRACTS... not runes."
Ilsola growls ferociously!
Jalodg raises his wooden spade skyward!
You wrinkle your nose.
Jalodg giggles at Ilsola.
(Darcena squints closely at the bedroom door.)
Maylan says, "Someone light a match."
Jalodg agrees with Ilsola.
Maylan glances at a blue-painted door.
Ilsola says, "So something has changed here since the last time everyone was here."
You nod at Ilsola.
Ilsola says, "And it's sure no coincidence."
Khobra adopts an agreeable expression.
Archales removes a tarnished silver lantern lit with a burning pale greyish blue flame from in his survival kit.
Jalodg grabs a gnarled wrotwood torch from a large pocket inside of his umcor apotl.
You say, "We could get in the bedroom before."
Archales lights his silver lantern, causing the wick to ignite into a small pale greyish blue flame.
Khobra searches around for a moment.
Jalodg lights his wrotwood torch, causing the end to burst into a shower of flame.
Nodyre nods to you.
You say, "There were no runes on the door."
Jalodg raises his wrotwood torch overhead, allowing the flame to illuminate the surroundings better.
Ilsola asks, "Is there another way in?"
Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "Are there any windows from the outside?"
Archales squints.
You ponder.
Jiarine asks, "Is there a window?"
Ilsola says, "Also, we're looking for 'Underneath'... somehow.  I trust Drehod's spells implicitly.  That worm might not have been the most forthcoming, but he spoke the truth in what he DID say."
A ruffed greatfang's tail wags slowly back and forth!
Khobra puzzles over a delicate brass coin.
Jalodg removes a stained wood-handled hoe from in his farmer's satchel.
You nod at Ilsola.
You feel the blood drain from your face.
You ask, "Not in the grave?"
You say, "Damp."
You say, "Rotting."
Ilsola's face turns slightly pale.
Khaell ponders.
Nodyre asks, "The grave itself?"

The Grave

[Sunset Cay, Garden - ]
Partially shaded by a thatched pavilion, this fecund retreat invites relaxation.  A curving two-person bench has been thoughtfully positioned just beneath the furthest edge of the pavilion to maximize morning sunshine and afternoon shade.  The garden is overflowing with lush plants and exotic flowers that lend the breeze a sultry redolence.  In the far corner of the garden, beneath the gentle shade of a sprawling fig tree, lies a freshly-turned grave.  A short path leads to a narrow glass-paned door at the back of the cabin.  You also see a grave blossom wreath wound with mint and cedar strips, some wooden benches and a footpath leading back toward the beach.
Obvious paths: none

Ilsola says, "That... sounds a bit like Nazhor's style."
You point at a freshly-turned grave.
You lightly tap Jalodg on the shoulder.
You say, "Dig."
Maylan sniffs at a freshly-turned grave.
Ilsola stares at a freshly-turned grave.
Archales says, "I thought the dinghy perhaps but I didn't find anything of note aorund it."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Any excavatings you needsy, I'ms your peeps!"
It smells like a freshly-turned grave.
Archales winces.
Khaell reaches out and touches a freshly-turned grave.
Jalodg hacks into the ground with his wood-handled hoe, barely chopping up the hard surface.
Nodyre gazes up into the heavens.
Maylan kneels down.
Jalodg swings his wood-handled hoe mightily downward to tear into the ground.  The hard surface barely gives way, forming a narrow furrow.
Pukk reaches out and touches a freshly-turned grave.
Nodyre kneels down and begins to recite prayers.
Nodyre stands up.
Archales says, "That seems wrong... to disturb a grave."
Archales fidgets.
Nodyre nods at Archales.
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face.
(Maylan begins digging at the dirt around the grave with her bare hands.)
Khaell agrees with Archales.
Khobra says, "IZ zhe hidden vithin her own home? Beneath it? Frezh Grave, dimp becauze cabin is near vater."
Khobra says, "Or vorse."
Khobra glances at a freshly-turned grave.
Speaking melodically to Archales, Jalodg exclaims, "Could be a fakes grave!"
Jalodg raises his wood-handled hoe skyward!
Speaking to Archales, Ilsola says, "While I agree with you... waiting has gotten us exactly nowhere good to this point."
Jalodg swings his wood-handled hoe mightily downward to tear into the ground.  The hard surface barely gives way, forming a narrow furrow.
You grimly say, "If you can't handle it, don't watch."
Maylan stands up.
Jalodg melodically says, "Hmm."
Maylan dusts herself off.
Jalodg grabs a dirt-stained farmer's satchel from one of the large pouches lining the inside of his umcor apotl.
You say, "I've made my share of corpses before."
Maylan reaches inside one of the stretched rolton wool socks hanging from her leather bandolier and grabs a spindly black elder broomstick.
Archales nods slowly.
Jalodg put a stained wood-handled hoe in his farmer's satchel.
Maylan uses her black elder broomstick to sweep up a bit of debris on the floor.
Jalodg removes a dirt-caked wooden shovel from in his farmer's satchel.
Jalodg drags his wooden shovel across the ground, barely digging into the hard surface.
You kneel down.
Jalodg agrees with Maylan.
Maylan uses her black elder broomstick to sweep up a bit of debris on the floor.
(Darcena scoops dirt with her hands.)
Jalodg steps on the top of his wooden shovel's blade and leans into it, sinking the blade into the ground.  With a hefty tug, he tries to lift out a load of earth, but fail to pull anything from the hard surface.
It smells like a freshly-turned grave.
Maylan waves a spindly black elder broomstick around.
Jalodg grunts.
Jalodg grunts.
Jalodg steps on the top of his wooden shovel's blade and leans into it, sinking the blade into the ground.  With a hefty tug, he tries to lift out a load of earth, but fail to pull anything from the hard surface.
Maylan makes a tidy little pile of dust and dirt with her black elder broomstick.
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Jalodg steps on the top of his wooden shovel's blade and leans into it, sinking the blade into the ground.  With a hefty tug, he tries to lift out a load of earth, but fail to pull anything from the hard surface.
Speaking quietly to Jalodg, Crime says, "You've done this before."
It smells like a freshly-turned grave.
Archales raises his silver lantern overhead, allowing the pale greyish blue flame to illuminate the surroundings better.
Crime rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Maylan uses her black elder broomstick to sweep up a bit of debris on the floor.
Jalodg agrees with Crime.
Crime mutters graverobber.
Archales casts an appraising gaze over his surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.
(Darcena continues to get her hands muddy, scooping at the freshly-turned grave.)
Maylan mutters murderer.
Maylan glances at Crime.
Maylan uses her black elder broomstick to sweep up a bit of debris on the floor.
Speaking melodically to Crime, Jalodg exclaims, "Lotsa graves behind the Ebon Gate, too much!"
Crime blinks at Maylan.
Jalodg steps on the top of his wooden shovel's blade and leans into it, sinking the blade into the ground.  With a hefty tug, he tries to lift out a load of earth, but fail to pull anything from the hard surface.
Khobra surveys her surroundings carefully.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Hope I hit something hard soons!"
Nodyre cringes.
Crime mutters nowitnesses.
You stare at Jalodg.
Jalodg rests his arm on the handle of his wooden shovel and leans heavily on it.
Maylan asks, "What exactly are we digging for, anyway?"
Crime glances around the area.
Crime glances at Maylan.
Khaell places a hand over his kelyn sword sigil, an expression of absent solace painting his features.
(Darcena sits back on her heels.)
Speaking melodically to Maylan, Jalodg exclaims, "Clues!"
Jiarine says, "Worms."
Maylan asks, "Weren't we supposed to be searching islands?"
Jalodg applauds.
Nodyre chuckles.
You say, "I don't smell anything."
It smells like a freshly-turned grave.
Jalodg sniffs at a freshly-turned grave.
Maylan whines, "I was told there would be a paddle boat ride."
You frown.
You stand back up.
Speaking to Maylan, Khobra says, "Thoze runez veren't there before."
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Mirage-like distortions surround Crime as he prepares a spell... Crime gestures at Jalodg. There is a dim flash around Jalodg. Jalodg's body seems to glow with an internal strength.

>search grave
Try looking in, on, behind or under it.  Or examining it.

Jalodg turns an inquisitive ear toward Khobra.
Mirage-like distortions surround Crime as he prepares a spell... Crime gestures at Jalodg. There is a dim flash around Jalodg. Jalodg's veins stand out briefly.
Jalodg agrees with Crime.

>look in grave
There is nothing in the grave.

>look behind grave
There is nothing behind the grave.

Khaell mutters weather.
You ask, "And we don't know a way to open the door?"
Khobra says, "The bezt place, zometimez, iz to hide zomething right infront of you."
Jalodg drags his wooden shovel across the ground, barely digging into the hard surface.
Speaking to Khobra, Maylan says, "Runes schmunes, we need to find the missy. And I'd bet my best pegleg that she's on those islands."
Khaell searches around for a moment.
Khaell blinks.
Jalodg steps on the top of his wooden shovel's blade and leans into it, sinking the blade into the ground.  With a hefty tug, he tries to lift out a load of earth, but fail to pull anything from the hard surface.
Khaell says, "Woa."

>search
You discover a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone while searching the area!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "I certainly don't."
Khaell points at a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Jalodg turns over his wooden shovel.
You blink.
Jalodg smooches his wooden shovel, covering his tongue with any filth that may have accumulated on the shovel.
Nodyre blinks.
You say, "Look behind the tombstone."

>search
You discover a sharply carved tombstone while searching the area!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Ilsola searches around for a moment.
Khobra says, "Nazhor expected thiz place to be empty after Elspie's arrezt."
Khobra says, "Zuddenly."
Ilsola stares at a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Khaell nods.
Jiarine reaches out and touches a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Khaell gazes with interest at a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Jalodg blinks at a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Ilsola asks, "That... would qualify as underneath, I think?"
Jalodg's jaw drops.
Nodyre says, "Something ike that."
Ilsola closes her eyes for a moment.
Crime quietly says, "Send the warriors first."
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
Jalodg tugs on the hood of his umcor apotl, allowing it to shadow his face.
Khobra glances at a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Warchief Archales just went into a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.
Pukk quietly says, "Bedroom."
Ilsola says, "I will wait back... I'm of no use in a fight."
Mister Pukk, Lord Crime, Nodyre, Land Pirate Maylan, Khaell, and Darcena just went into a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone.

Into the Portal

You move toward a flame-edged flickering portal in the ground behind the tombstone, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Bedroom - ]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, a flame-edged flickering portal and a sturdy door leading back to the living area.
Obvious exits: none


Jalodg grabs a gnarled wrotwood torch from a large pocket inside of his umcor apotl.
Crime cackles!
Jalodg lights his wrotwood torch, causing the end to burst into a shower of flame.
Crime begins chuckling at Archales!
Jalodg's jaw drops.
Jalodg fastens the clasp on his umcor apotl, bracing himself for the outdoor weather.

>l fire
You see nothing unusual.

Jalodg removes a scratched sephwir long bow wrapped in patinaed copper floral filigree from in his shoulder quiver.
Maylan yells, "Hallooo?"
Pukk yells, "It's safe!"
Ilsola just came out of a flame-edged flickering portal.
Khobra points at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Maylan exclaims, "We need water buckets!"
Ilsola's jaw drops.
You sniff.
Crime points at a small safe.
Khobra says, "Ve have to put that out."
Archales gazes with interest at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.

>l in safe
There is nothing in the safe.

>l safe
Mounted high on the wall, this safe was clearly meant to be hidden from view.  The placement above the bed and the discoloration of the paint surrounding it suggests it may have been covered by a portrait of some kind.  The safe is wide open and completely empty.

Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Oh!"
Archales says, "Its blocking the wall there."
Maylan asks, "Be there water buckets in this town?"
Pukk quietly says, "The fire isn't harming anybody."
Pukk grins.
You ask, "Anyone have an aquamarine wand?"
Ilsola asks, "It's... how is it not consuming the whole area?"
Archales gazes with interest at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Khobra says, "The runez."
Khaell grabs an aquamarine wand from inside his thick leather knapsack.
Khaell offers you an aquamarine wand.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
Jalodg nods at Khaell.
Ephemeral twists of silver-hazed mist wreathe Khaell's forearms as he murmurs a serene phrase...
Khaell gestures at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Nothing happens.
You accept Khaell's offer and are now holding an aquamarine wand.

>wave my wand at fire
You wave your aquamarine wand at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
  1d100: 85 + Modifiers: 170 == 255

The flames engulfing a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall leap higher!
You hurl a stream of water at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!
The water scours the roaring fire clean.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Khobra says, "Thiz fire vaz meant to keep people out. Not burn the cabin down."
Crime glances at a small safe. He gestures at it and it vibrates slightly.
Nodyre chuckles.
Flames completely engulf a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, the heat driving you back!
Nodyre cringes.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Ah!"
Crime ducks his head.
Ilsola blinks at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Pukk waves to a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Jalodg waves his wrotwood torch around, illuminating the area.
Khaell grins at Crime.
Ilsola asks, "What is going on?"
Speaking to Crime, Maylan chides, "She's not in the safe."

You wave your aquamarine wand at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
  1d100: 69 + Modifiers: 170 == 239

The flames engulfing a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall leap higher!
You hurl a stream of water at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!
The water scours the roaring fire clean.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Khobra nods to you.
Maylan fans her stunted, dark-veined pearly wings and sweeps them forcefully in the direction of a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, but the sudden breeze does nothing to dislodge it.
Jalodg ponders.
Khaell searches around for a moment.
You stare at your aquamarine wand.
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Crime asks, "You sure?"
You doubtfully ask, "More wands?"
Jalodg snuffs the wrotwood torch, causing the flame to go out.
Archales leans against a large wardrobe.
Khaell says, "I'm out."
Maylan grins wryly.
Ilsola asks, "Does anyone have any cold or water magics?"
Khaell asks, "Scroll?"
Speaking to Jalodg, Maylan says, "Try flinging dirt on the fire."
Jalodg grabs a dirt-caked wooden shovel from a small pocket inside of his umcor apotl.
Jiarine says, "Yes."
Flames completely engulf a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, the heat driving you back!
Crime quietly exclaims, "I can't help myself, it's the first time I've seen a safe!"
Jalodg agrees with Maylan.
Jiarine nods at Ilsola.
Crime starts chortling.
Jalodg rests his arm on the handle of his wooden shovel and leans heavily on it.
Archales says, "Its possibly just an illusion."

A swirling cloud of shadow forms around Jiarine's right hand as she prepares a spell...
Jiarine gestures at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
A stream of water hits a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, causing it to fizzle and hiss in protest!

Throughout the remaining conversation, Jiriane continued to cast water and ice one hundred twenty two times at the fire and Darcena waved the aquamarine wand until it ran out. All of this has been removed, but it was a very lengthy amount of time before the firewall succumbed.

Crime wipes the sweat from his brow.
Archales says, "Try dispelling the flames."
Nodyre nods at Archales.
Maylan glances at Archales.
Khaell says, "I couldn't."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Need some buckets to fills with dirts!"
Speaking to Jiarine, Ilsola asks, "That did something!?"
Jalodg agrees with Jiarine.
Archales says, "Feels realistic."
Archales perspires delicately.
Crime mutters compelled.
Maylan reaches out and touches a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Maylan lets out a yelp!
Speaking melodically to Archales, Jalodg exclaims, "It is reals!"
Heavy droplets of sweat drip from Jalodg's brow.
(Maylan vigorously shakes her hand.)
Flames completely engulf a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, the heat driving you back!
Pukk abruptly kicks at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!
(Jalodg tries to beat down the fire with his shovel in obvious frustration for his lack of dirt.)
(Maylan spits on the roaring fire.)
Crime turns to face a small safe.
You say, "I don't have that scroll."
Maylan says, "Everyone, SPIT ON THE FIRE."
Jalodg quickly ducks behind Maylan.
(Maylan spits on the roaring fire.)
Speaking to Crime, you say, "They already took everything out of the safe."
You stare at Maylan.
Jalodg snaps his fingers.
Crime frets.
You mutter, "There are limits to what I will do for this drake."
Jalodg waves a dirt-caked wooden shovel around.
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Pukk says, "I need some whiskey first."
Maylan protests, "It's the only way!"
Pukk nods sagely.
Maylan begins chuckling at Pukk!
Crime quietly says, "You're right."
You primly say, "I'm more likely to urinate on it."
Speaking quietly to you, Crime says, "You're right."
Khaell chuckles.
Crime frets.
Archales says, "Just use the bed to jump over the flames." 
Archales nods knowingly.
Maylan starts jumping around like a twelve-year-old.

Speaking to you, Ilsola asks, "And the wand did nothing?"

You wave your aquamarine wand at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
  1d100: 12 + Modifiers: 170 == 182

The flames engulfing a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall leap higher!
You hurl a stream of water at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!
The water scours the roaring fire clean.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Crime searches around for a moment.
Khobra stands in front of a large wardrobe.
Jiarine says, "This fire is not natural."
You say, "Doesn't seem to."
Jiarine says, "It should be out by now."
Ilsola nods in agreement at Jiarine.
Maylan sticks her tongue out at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Speaking to Jiarine, Ilsola says, "It seems to be diminishing somewhat... though slowly."
Maylan abruptly punches at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!

You wave your aquamarine wand at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
  1d100: 17 + Modifiers: 170 == 187

The flames engulfing a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall leap higher!
You hurl a stream of water at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall!
The water scours the roaring fire clean.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Speaking to herself, Maylan says, "Ow..."

Flames completely engulf a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, the heat driving you back!

In a botched imitation, speaking quietly to a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, Pukk exclaims, "Die!"
In a fair imitation of you, speaking quietly to a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, Pukk exclaims, "Die!"
(Maylan takes a step back, protectively tucking her wooden pegleg behind her.)
Jalodg melodically says, "Well."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "We needs those water buckets!"
You ask, "Maybe there are some at the pawnshop?"
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Or get thems from different towns if needs be!"
Jalodg melodically says, "Oh."
Flames completely engulf a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall, the heat driving you back!
Archales surveys his surroundings carefully.
Khaell nods.
Crime quietly says, "I think an implosion would fix this."
You stare at Crime.
Nodyre chuckles.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Hmm, water streams seem to be helpings!"
Khobra surveys her surroundings carefully.
Speaking to Crime, Ilsola says, "Feel free to go outside and try it, then."
You quietly whisper to Khaell, "Could you go check for aqua wands at teh pawnshop?"
Crime blinks at Ilsola.
Archales gazes with interest at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Jalodg ponders.
Khaell grins.
Crime nods at Khaell.
Crime quietly says, "A void would suck all the air out."
You stare at Crime.
Speaking to Crime, Ilsola says, "I hardly think an implosion in this small bedroom would fix much of anything, save perhaps doing Nazhor's dirty work for him."
Archales says, "We are still using the air to breathe."
Khaell searches around for a moment.
You fidget.
Khaell ponders.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Crime says, "The empaths would protect us."
Archales says, "Definitely not a natural flame."
You say, "All I have are fire spells."
You stamp your feet.
Khobra suggests, "Ve could add extra markingz to the runez, treat thiz az a locksmith vould a zcarab."
Nodyre chuckles.

A swirling cloud of shadow forms around Jiarine's right hand as she prepares a spell...
Jiarine gestures at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
A chunk of ice slams into a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall and causes it to hiss and sputter violently!

Pukk quietly says, "I think it is burning out finally."
Pukk lets out a cheer!
Crime quietly says, "Focused Implosion on the Fireplace would not kill us all."

Jalodg recites melodically:

 "Oh Imaera, please helps us put these flames out with the tears of trees if needs be!"

The roaring fire blazes strongly, dark smoke rising into the air!
Jiarine grumbles, "Normally I set things on fire."
Jalodg coughs.
Jalodg coughs.
(Jalodg continues bashing the flames with his shovel.)
Jalodg melodically says, "Ow, tools getting warms now."

Jalodg punches the roaring fire fiercely, then shakes his hand, wincing.  Clever.
   ... 5 points of damage!

You rub Jalodg.
Crime blinks at Jalodg.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Ow!"

You belt out, "Elspie!"
Maylan yells, "What?"
Pukk glances around the room.
Archales inclines his ear, listening intently.
Maylan yells, "We can't hear you!"
Pukk quietly asks, "Somebody say something?"
Khaell inclines his ear, listening intently.
The roaring fire blazes strongly, dark smoke rising into the air!
Maylan yells, "Shout louder!"
Pukk frowns.
The roaring fire blazes strongly, dark smoke rising into the air!
Khaell turns an ear toward a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Maylan yells, "We are coming to rescue and or kill you, depending on who you are!"
You belt out, "Elspie!"

>sniff fire
It smells like a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.

Pukk yells, "Yeah....what Maylan said!"
Maylan removes a glass of cloudy water with unidentified strands of goo floating in it from in her burlap sack.
You nod at Maylan.
You say, "Pour that on there."
Ilsola grits her teeth, her jaw muscles flexing.
Maylan glances between a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall and a glass of cloudy water with unidentified strands of goo floating in it.
You say, "I'm about ready to go get some aquamarine wands."
You grumble.
Pukk waves to a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.

The roaring fire diminishes somewhat, its flames receding farther.  The flames reach halfway up the wall at this point.  Something is just barely visible amongst the flames, though it's too distorted to make out.

Pukk shakes his head.
Pukk quietly exclaims, "It worked!"
Archales squints.
Nodyre says, "Halfway there."
Crime steeples his fingers together as he glances at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
(Maylan pours a bit of her cloudy water on the fire. The goo hisses in protest as it withers within the flames.)
Pukk glances at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
Speaking to Jiarine, you say, "You've got this."
Maylan put a glass of cloudy water with unidentified strands of goo floating in it in her cream flyrsilk toqua.
Pukk nods at Jiarine.
You pace back and forth.
You growl, "I just wish I could help."
Pukk glances down.
You belt out, "Elspie?"
Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "Your nose got us here."
Khaell searches around for a moment.
Maylan curiously says, "Anyone have any chestnuts? This seems like a missed opportunity."
You nod gratefully at Ilsola.
Speaking jokingly to Ilsola, Pukk says, "Her nose always knows..."
Speaking melodically to Maylan, Jalodg exclaims, "No makes me hungries!"
Nodyre begins chuckling at Maylan!
You gently bite Pukk.
Pukk giggles.
Speaking earnestly to Pukk, you ask, "Has it been wrong yet?"
You say, "I smelled out the vathor at the Carnival, too."
You stamp your feet.
Khobra smirks at you!
(Jalodg continues to chip away at snuffing out some burning coals around the fire.)

A swirling cloud of shadow forms around Jiarine's right hand as she prepares a spell...
Jiarine gestures at a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall.
A chunk of ice slams into a roaring fire completely obscuring one wall and causes it to hiss and sputter violently!
The flames of the roaring fire whirl wildly and disperse upon the wind completely!

Ilsola stares at a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg applauds.
Speaking quietly to Jiarine, Pukk says, "Only thing I can do is cheer you on."
Pukk turns to Jiarine and cheers!
Ilsola stares at a reinforced steel hatch.
You squint at a reinforced steel hatch.

Through the Fire Wall

[Sunset Cay, Bedroom - ]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see a tiny angular lilac-point kitten that is sitting, a ruffed greatfang, a tidal bobcat, a tense marsh spirit that is flying around, a reinforced steel hatch, a flame-edged flickering portal and a sturdy door leading back to the living area.
Also here: Ilsola, High Lord Jalodg (Ran), Khobra, Jiarine, Khaell (Pal), Land Pirate Maylan (Emp), Nodyre (Rog), Lord Crime (Rog), Mister Pukk, Warchief Archales (Bar)
Obvious exits: none

Archales gets an odd look on his face.
Pukk grins.
Maylan lets out a cheer!
Speaking to Jiarine, Ilsola says, "Very well done, thank you."
Jiarine says, "Next time let me burn something or someone instead."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "We needs some oven-mitts now!"
Speaking to a reinforced steel hatch, Khobra says, "Vill need to be zearched and dizarmed for trapz."

>sniff hatch
It smells like a reinforced steel hatch.

Jalodg agrees with Jiarine.
Crime quietly says, "Did someone already node this place? The esscence is firmly anchored."
Khaell abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
With a stiff upper body and left arm pressed tight against his side, Jalodg snaps his heels together and salutes Khobra.
You reach out and touch a reinforced steel hatch.
Khaell turns to face a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg rests his arm on the handle of his wooden shovel and leans heavily on it.
Maylan says, "Careful, the hatch is probably hot."
Nodyre turns to face a reinforced steel hatch.
Jiarine says, "I set up a node."
Nodyre just tried to pull a reinforced steel hatch.
Crime nods at Jiarine.
You knock upon a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg smiles at Jiarine.
You belt out, "Elspie?"

You carefully begin to examine a reinforced steel hatch for traps...

You discover no traps.
Roundtime: 16 sec.

Khobra knocks on a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg leans over and whispers, "I burned my hand a littles. Mind healings, my friend?"
Ilsola asks, "Is there a locksmith?  Is it perhaps locked shut?"
Maylan turns to face a reinforced steel hatch.
Khobra knocks on a reinforced steel hatch.
Khaell grumbles.
Maylan just tried to pull a reinforced steel hatch.
Khobra removes a dark urnon key from in her drake-clasped case.
Nodyre frowns.
Crime glances at Nodyre.
Maylan abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Mirage-like distortions surround Crime as he prepares a spell...
Crime gestures at a reinforced steel hatch.
A reinforced steel hatch vibrates slightly.
Speaking to Jalodg, Maylan says, "Use your shovel to break it."
A haze of black mist gathers around Nodyre as he prepares a spell...
Nodyre gestures at a reinforced steel hatch.
A reinforced steel hatch vibrates slightly.
You hug Jalodg.
Jalodg agrees with Maylan.
Khaell abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
You abruptly kick at a reinforced steel hatch!
Nodyre frowns at a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "I wishes I was a warrior for thats, I try!"
Pukk abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
Pukk abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
You stare at Pukk.
You say, "Open it."
Pukk shakes his head.
You ask, "Why not?"
Pukk quietly says, "I might die."
You growl at Pukk.
Nodyre grins at Pukk.
Khobra folds her arms over her chest.
Jiarine says, "I am corroding the lock."
Khaell growls ferociously!
You say, "You might die right HERE too."
You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Pukk!
Pukk flails his arms about.
Reaching over your shoulder, you draw your fused vertebral staff from a series of straps on the back of your slate battle harness.
A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.
Pukk quietly says, "Can't open it."
You ask, "Did you even try?"
Speaking melodically to a reinforced steel hatch, Jalodg exclaims, "Hello!"
Pukk nods.
You squint at Pukk.
Pukk quietly says, "Just tried."
Speaking melodically to a reinforced steel hatch, Jalodg asks, "Anyones there?"
You dubiously say, "You looked like you just touched it."
Jalodg agrees with you.
Pukk begins to meticulously examine a reinforced steel hatch.
Jiarine gestures at a reinforced steel hatch.
You hear a soft click from the hatch and it suddenly flies open.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "It cools down fast!"
Pukk lets out a cheer!
Nodyre turns to Jiarine and cheers!
Jalodg turns to Jiarine and cheers!
Jiarine dusts off her hands.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Whoa!"
Archales nods at Jiarine.
Jalodg skips over to Jiarine merrily.
Crime turns to Jiarine and cheers!
You nod at Jiarine.
Archales says, "After them."
Nodyre says, "The rogue is in there."
Ilsola nods approvingly at Jiarine.
You say, "You are very useful."
Nodyre says, "Wither Elspie."
Speaking to Crime, Maylan says, "Useless."
Maylan grins at Crime.
Nodyre says, "With Elspie, rather."
Pukk quietly exclaims, "See how good I was, it opened with just me looking at it!"
Crime blinks at Maylan.
Khobra says, "Vait, everyvne."
Ilsola says, "I will not go first."
Speaking quietly to Maylan, Crime says, "I tried to pop it too."
You grimly say, "Be prepared."
You say, "I'm going in."
Speaking to Crime, Maylan exclaims, "Try harder!"

Inside the Cell

[Mist Harbor, Reinforced Cell - ]
The inside of the cell is stark, perfectly clean and just as bare.  No furniture of any kind is in evidence, and the steel hatch is perfectly recessed into the stonework.  A small slit is carved into the hatch, through which food can be provided and occasional conversation can be had.  Every visible surface is completely covered in runes, and the very air in the cell seems to vibrate with the ambient energies.  You also see some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Also here: Duvainiel (Rog), Elspie
Obvious exits: none

Khobra says, "Ve don't know vhat z down there, perople.. relic's..'Vhatever."
Nodyre seizes an opening and brings the blunt end of his wakizashi down on Duvainiel's knee!
Duvainiel crashes to the ground, falling to her knees!

Khaell swings a battleworn golden golvern morning star at Duvainiel!
Duvainiel dodges just in the nick of time!
You growl at Duvainiel.
Ilsola just came through a reinforced steel hatch.

Ephemeral twists of silver-hazed mist wreathe your forearms as you murmur a serene phrase for Web...
You gesture at Duvainiel.
Cloudy wisps swirl about Duvainiel.
  CS: +303 - TD: +288 + CvA: +12 + d100: +59 - -5 == +91
  Warded off!
The wisps dissipate harmlessly into the air.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Khaell engages Duvainiel in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Khaell swings a battleworn golden golvern morning star at Duvainiel!
Duvainiel barely dodges the attack!
Khaell swings a battleworn golden golvern morning star at Duvainiel!
By amazing chance, Duvainiel evades the attack!
Khaell swings a battleworn golden golvern morning star at Duvainiel!
  AS: +455 vs DS: +191 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +98 = +394
   ... and hits for 77 points of damage!
   Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending shield arm flying.
   She is stunned!

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Nodyre engages Duvainiel in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Nodyre swings a murky black kroderine wakizashi at Duvainiel!
  AS: +351 vs DS: +184 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +66 = +266
   ... and hits for 43 points of damage!
   Deft strike to abdomen penetrates several useful organs!
Nodyre swings a folded kroderine wakizashi at Duvainiel!
  AS: +349 vs DS: +170 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +26 = +238
   ... and hits for 26 points of damage!
   Powerful slash just cracks Duvainiel's weapon arm!
Nodyre swings a murky black kroderine wakizashi at Duvainiel!
  AS: +351 vs DS: +170 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +69 = +283
   ... and hits for 42 points of damage!
   Strong slash to Duvainiel's right leg!
   Muscles exposed!
   Not a pretty sight.

 * Duvainiel drops dead at your feet!

A voice from the crowd echoes, "Murder!  Murder!  Someone call for the First Sergeant!"

Jalodg's jaw drops.
Archales surveys his surroundings carefully.
Ilsola stares off into space.
Khobra says, "Til down."
Archales asks, "What was that?"
Khobra tilts her head down.

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...
Maylan gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

You smirk.
Pukk quietly says, "I blinked."
You turn to face Elspie.
You ask, "Elspie?"
Crime quietly says, "Why did we kill him."
Nodyre says, "Her."
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face.
Speaking to Crime, you say, "She's a murderer."
Crime blinks.
Nodyre says, "Murderer."
Khobra says, "Her."
Maylan asks, "Can anyone raise her?"
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Wows!"
Khaell says, "She deserved it."
Ilsola says, "We need to be able to TALK to her."
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "Your First Sergeant does NOTHING."
Crime quietly says, "Oh it's a half elf, looked like a guy to me."
Ilsola points at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
The First Sergeant, leading a group of deputies, strides swiftly in.
With great ease, the First Sergeant grabs Nodyre and shackles his wrists.
The First Sergeant cries, "Errant rascal!  We've got you now!  You're going to wish you'd be in the ol' Fifth Imperial Legion when I'm done with you.  How'd you like to dig a ditch?  From here to Kharam-Dzu!"
The First Sergeant then drags him off.
You say, "She can talk."
You glance at Duvainiel.
Khaell points at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Extremes judging!"
Ilsola asks, "And what does THAT mean?"
Crime cackles!
Maylan says, "We could have....learned things."
You gesture over the body of Duvainiel with your silver Saramar rune while murmuring a quiet prayer.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Duvainiel, then fades into the body.
Khaell says, "He knew we were coming."

>l let
There appears to be something written on it.

>read let
In the Common language, it reads:
I'm quite finished with her.  She has been more useful than she will ever know.  I shall see you all soon.  -Nazhor

Pukk quietly says, "So the sergeant was able to get here quickly."
You nod at Pukk.
Crime nods at Pukk.
You say, "He knew, clearly."
Crime starts chortling.
Pukk nods.
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "Your second seems to be just as corrupt."
Pukk quietly says, "I think he might be in on it."
With a practiced eye, you glance over Elspie:
She is in perfect health.
You say, "Elspie?"
Khobra glances at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "This is all a mess.  We need her ALIVE."
Maylan searches around for a moment.
Jalodg searches around for a moment.
You ask, "Why isn't she saying anything?"
Speaking quietly to Duvainiel, Crime says, "You should forgive the crime."
Jalodg sighs.
Elspie mutters quietly to herself.
Jalodg points at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Khobra says, "You killed the perzon ve needed to zpeak vith."
Speaking to Elspie, Ilsola asks, "Are you OK?"
Maylan says, "I guess we were too late."
Khobra clenches her fist.
Maylan glances over at Elspie and winces.
Khobra kicks some dirt on the corpse of Duvainiel.
Jalodg melodically says, "She was maybe justs a pawn."
Jalodg frowns.
Elspie mutters quietly to herself.
Jalodg waves to Elspie.

Clipped and uniform, Khaell formally calls upon his patron for aid and completes his summons with precise, martial gestures.
Khaell gestures at Duvainiel.
Bending over Duvainiel, Khaell murmurs a soft orison and traces divine symbols upon her forehead, chin, throat, and both wrists.  He stands upright, the orison becoming louder and more forceful, and draws matching divine symbols in the air, which come to life with bright silver, gold, and copper light.  As he touches each ethereal light, they spiral towards the places he anointed Duvainiel, and she is filled with divine energy.
Duvainiel stands taller, as if bolstered with a sense of confidence.
Duvainiel seems slightly different.

Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
You growl ferociously!
Jalodg turns an inquisitive ear toward Elspie.
With a sudden cross-body motion, Khobra draws both the longsword and the longsword from her swordbelt.

Maylan gestures at Duvainiel.
  CS: +445 - TD: +327 + CvA: +12 + d100: +44 - -5 == +179
  Warding failed!
Duvainiel suddenly stops all movement.

Several thin, fibrous red filaments erupt from Maylan's twining zydris runestaff and swirl around each other in a chaotic dance.  Straining to reach Duvainiel, they unleash a wave of unmitigated pain upon the object of their wrath!
   ... 35 points of damage!
   Hard blow to abdomen looks painful!
   She is stunned!

Archales asks, "Why?"
You nod at Maylan.
You say, "Thank you."
You focus on Duvainiel and narrow your concentration, reaching out to her with your mind.
You infuse Duvainiel with your own strength, and she appears entirely restored.
Crime blinks.
Ilsola says, "We need her ALIVE."
You take a quick appraisal of Duvainiel and find that she has deep gashes and serious bleeding from her abdominal area.
She is bleeding badly from the abdomen.
Duvainiel's abdomen wound gradually fades, forming on your abdomen instead.
Ilsola growls ferociously!
Khaell grumbles.
You say, "WE're BINDING her."
You glare at Ilsola.
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan says, "It's not my fault my bind is so powerful."
Archales chuckles.
Archales says, "Too tight."

Crime gestures at Duvainiel.
Cloudy wisps swirl about Duvainiel.
  CS: +358 - TD: +302 + CvA: +12 + d100: +80 - -5 == +153
  Warding failed!
The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about her body!

You gesture at Duvainiel.
The glazed look leaves Duvainiel.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Maylan says, "A wee too tight."
Speaking to Duvainiel, you say, "TALK."
Jalodg ponders.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Pukk says, "Don't try to run. Darcena will eat you alive."
Duvainiel makes a faint wheezing sound.
Khobra squints at Duvainiel.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola exclaims, "Why are you here?!"
Duvainiel confusedly says, "Oi...ma head..."
Pukk quickly ducks behind you.
Khaell nods.
Speaking melodically to Duvainiel, Jalodg exclaims, "I gots my bumblebee pals, Pepper, and all sortsa vinies, so you chill!"
Ilsola just closed a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg blinks.
Khaell sighs.
Ilsola smirks.
Ilsola says, "Someone watch the door."
You say, "Crime. Lean against the hatch."
(Jalodg looks around surprised not to see his faithful companion about.)
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "And you... start talking."
You nod at Crime.
Crime leans against a reinforced steel hatch.
Archales stands in front of a reinforced steel hatch.
Jalodg leans on Duvainiel.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What are you doing in here?"
Speaking to Elspie, you ask, "Are you okay?"
Duvainiel bewilderedly asks, "Where 'm I?"
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Jalodg gazes at the floor with a disappointed look upon his face.
Jalodg turns an inquisitive ear toward Elspie.
Speaking to Duvainiel, you say, "You're in Elspie's prison."
You say, "After you murdered her commander."
Speaking to Elspie, you say, "Sorry to break the sad news."
Crime nods.
Jalodg melodically asks, "What ofs ripples?"
Khaell ponders.
You flatly say, "He's dead."
(Khobra walks behind Duvainiel holding the edge of one of her black ora blades against Duvainiel's neck, preventing her from moving she should move.)
Duvainiel confusedly says, "Aye... I rememba da... bu'..."
Elspie mutters quietly to herself.
Khaell touches Elspie.
With a practiced eye, you glance over Elspie:
She is in perfect health.
She smells just like Elspie.
You take a quick appraisal of Elspie and find that she has no apparent injuries.
Ilsola glares at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Khaell nods.
Duvainiel says, "I wen ta bed wid 'im... Da's da las' ding I rememba."
Khobra glances between Elspie and Duvainiel.
Ilsola nods in agreement at Khobra.
Khobra says, "ZOmething iz not right."
Jalodg melodically says, "Something not rights with her."
Jalodg agrees with Khobra.
Khobra glances at Elspie.
You say, "Something is not right with Elspie at all."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Pukk quietly says, "Clearly she has been drinking."
Duvainiel brings her fingers to her temples and rubs in clockwise motions.
Khaell says, "I can't dispell whatever it is."
Pukk nods.
You say, "That's the second time she's said that."
Speaking seriously to Elspie, Khobra says, "Hold her..."
Ilsola rubs Elspie.
Khobra points at Elspie.
Khobra says, "This one isn't moving."
Khobra taps Duvainiel lightly on her shoulder.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Maylan says, "Okay missy, start making sense or I'm going to feed you to my friend here."
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg asks, "Ripples ofs water, of magics?"
Maylan shows Duvainiel her drunken chinchilla.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Maylan says, "He has a voracious appetite."
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "Why did Nazhor put you in here?"
Jalodg ducks his head.
You see a reinforced steel hatch open.
Nodyre just came through a reinforced steel hatch.
Nodyre whistles tunelessly to himself.
Pukk glances at a reinforced steel hatch.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "Who does the writing on the wall refer to?"
Crime just closed a reinforced steel hatch.
Crime leans against a reinforced steel hatch.
Duvainiel confusedly murmurs, "Da boss wun do dat... da boss... ' wun..."
Archales stands in front of a reinforced steel hatch.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What is he planning?"
Duvainiel stares at some bright red letters scrawled across the wall.
Pukk nods at Crime.
Speaking quietly to Crime, Pukk says, "Good thinking."
Speaking uncertainly to Ilsola, Duvainiel says, "I kin read dat."
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face.
Jalodg melodically asks, "Where the ripples?"
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "It says that he's finished with 'her'...."
(Khobra presses the edge of her blade against Duvainiel's neck as Isola questions her.)
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "Is that meant to be you?  Or her?"
Jalodg adopts an agreeable expression.
Ilsola glances at Elspie.
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Jalodg searches around for a moment.
Khaell shakes his head.
Archales glances between Elspie and Duvainiel.
You adamantly ask, "What ripples?"
Jalodg melodically asks, "Outsides?"
Speaking uneasily to Ilsola, Duvainiel says, "Na... 'e... 'e wun... 'e wun leave meh... 'e promised..."
Speaking flatly to Duvainiel, you ask, "What is he up to?"
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What did he promise?"
Jalodg melodically says, "I bets plenty of ripples in the waters right now with the storminess."
Khobra blinks.
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Ilsola.
Elspie shifts slightly, her eyes remaining glassy and unfocused.  Her lips move, but no sound comes from them.
Khaell turns an inquisitive ear toward Elspie.
Speaking weakly to Ilsola, Duvainiel says, "'e promised if I did wha 'e wanted... 'e'd make it go away.... I'd see mah ma and pa agin."
Ilsola closes her eyes for a moment.
Archales says, "Well there was that unusual disturbance earlier tonight, it seemed for a moment the air around us was rippling."
Khaell says, "That excuses nothing."
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "Did it not occur to you that he's a lying, manipulating slug who wouldn't hesitate to use anyone he saw a use for?"
Khaell scowls at Duvainiel.
Speaking despairingly to herself, Duvainiel says, "'e promised... 'e did..."
Speaking melodically to Archales, Jalodg says, "Ahhh."
Ilsola growls under her breath, grinding her teeth.
Ilsola gazes heavenward.
Khaell says, "Somethigns up wit this place...."
Speaking to Archales, Khobra says, "Nazhor buildz zomething vhich now cauzez thoze ripplez."
Khaell frets.
Duvainiel gruffly rubs at her nose with the back of her hand.
Archales nods slowly.
Khaell takes a deep breath.
Ilsola quietly mutters, "Now what in the blazes do we do with her?"
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face.
Duvainiel shrieks, "'e promised!  'e promised me!"
Ilsola says, "Either of them, for that matter."
Khobra says, "Confine her."
A loud clap of thunder rumbles the area.
Speaking to Khobra, Archales says, "The real question is where does someone hide a contraption like that."
Jalodg sighs.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Khaell says, "He did nothing but lie to you."
Speaking flatly to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "He lied.  You may have noticed... it's what he does."
Speaking melodically to Duvainiel, Jalodg says, "I sorries you got useds by this badsy guy. I misses my mamies and papies too."
Speaking to Archales, Khobra answers, "Upon an Izland on the Zea."
Speaking to Duvainiel, you say, "I don't care what he did, you chose to mock Elspie."
You say, "You chose to be involved with her husband's death."
You say, "You chose to murder her commander."
You say, "Those were YOUR choices."
Speaking flatly to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "And I hardly think the fact that you believed his lies excuses your choices."
Ilsola nods in agreement to you.
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."

Duvainiel Dies. Again

Duvainiel falls to her knees and lets out a desperate cry as she looks up before cover her face and sobbing pathetically on the floor.
Ilsola slowly empties her lungs.
(Khobra lowers her blade.)
Ilsola gazes heavenward.
Jalodg melodically says, "Well."
Maylan mutters pathetic.
Crime blinks.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Khaell asks, "What your think your tears fix anything?"
Ilsola says, "So Nazhor abandoned her..."
Speaking softly to Duvainiel, you say, "You needed vengeance."
Jalodg melodically asks, "We better brings her to justice then and then follow the ripples?"
You say, "I understand vengeance."
(Darcena nods solemnly and her eyes seem a little greener for a moment or two.)
Crime quietly says, "Such suffering."
Maylan whispers aloud, "Crocodile tears."
You say, "But Elspie was not the one you needed vengeance on."
You say, "You have been unholy in your acts."
Ilsola asks, "So what do we do?"
You growl at Duvainiel.
Pukk nods at Maylan.
You simply say, "Kill her."
Maylan says, "Let's leave her here."
Speaking melodically to Ilsola, Jalodg asks, "We take her to jail?"
Khaell drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready stance.
Ilsola squints at you.
You say, "She doesn't appear to want to tell us anything useful."

Khaell swings a battleworn golden golvern morning star at Duvainiel!
  AS: +376 vs DS: +120 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +63 = +351
   ... and hits for 73 points of damage!
   Shot to back shatters bone and vertebrae!

 * Duvainiel drops dead at your feet!


Someone screams, "Murder by Khaell!  Call the First Sergeant!"
Crime blinks.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Khobra says, "Vhat iz lazt you rememb-"
Nodyre glances at Khaell and cringes.
Archales sighs.
Jalodg sighs.
Archales rubs his eyes.
Khobra glances at Khaell.
Ilsola swears long, loud and well at Khaell.
Crime quietly says, "Hide."
Crime nods.
Pukk quietly exclaims, "Aha, there is other people around here too!"
Speaking to Khaell, Ilsola exclaims, "That is NOT your place!"
Maylan says, "Okay well, clearly we should imprison her."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "We not gonna be any better than the bads guys like this!"
Crime quietly says, "He's coming."
Crime starts chortling.
Khaell says, "She deserved it regardless."
Maylan says, "Or her dead body."
Maylan shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.
Speaking to Khaell, Khobra says, "I ... cannot believe yo-"
Speaking quietly to Khaell, Crime says, "Run."
Khobra closes her eyes for a moment.
You nod at Khaell.
Jalodg melodically asks, "I guess we drags her to jail now?"
You kiss Khaell, your mouth lingering on his.
Archales says, "I can't imagine she will last long in jail."
Archales says, "She's skin an bones already."
Nodyre nods at Archales.
Maylan asks, "Can't we just leave her in this jail?"
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Get readies for the rains!"
Speaking quietly to you, Pukk says, "Now you can eat her."
You say, "As a corpse."
You nod at Maylan.
Pukk nods.
Khaell says, "I'll deal with it regardless."
Maylan says, "It seems secure enough."
Crime ducks his head.
A number of deputies charge in, led by the First Sergeant.
With great ease, the First Sergeant grabs Khaell and shackles his wrists.
The First Sergeant cries, "Errant rascal!  We've got you now!  You're going to wish you'd be in the ol' Fifth Imperial Legion when I'm done with you.  How'd you like to dig a ditch?  From here to Kharam-Dzu!"
The First Sergeant then drags him off.
Crime grins.
Crime quietly says, "Love that guy."
Darcena is plotting a jailbreak for later.
Speaking melodically to Maylan, Jalodg exclaims, "But no one looks after her I bets, she was left to dies!"
Crime nods sagely.
Khobra kneels down.
You grin slowly at Crime.
Ilsola growls ferociously!
Pukk quietly says, "I still say that Sergeant is suspicous."
Khobra cocks her head.
Jalodg melodically asks, "Everyone drags her to jail now, eh?"
Speaking softly to Crime, you whisper aloud, "That's my pack."
Speaking to Duvainiel, Khobra remarks, "Thiz vaz not how youvere zuppoze to end."
Jalodg just kneeled down and pulled Duvainiel's lifeless body into his arms.
Jalodg sways side to side on his knees.
Crime blinks at you.
Khobra tilts her head up.
Jalodg grunts.
You glance down.
You touch Jalodg.
Jalodg glances up.
Jalodg smiles at you.
Ilsola says, "Can we get her back up?  Despite the vigilantism, this is NOT decided yet."
You say, "You weren't here when she ruthlessly murdered Elspie's commander."
Jalodg agrees with you.
Speaking to you, Ilsola says, "And she'll answer for it... and she may well hang for it... but she will NOT be murdered in for it."
You say, "I won't do it."
Crime moves closer to Duvainiel grinning, his demeanor conspicuously suggestive!
Archales says, "Well I'm sure most murders could be described as ruthless."
Khobra says, "Bringing people back over and over, takez a toll on the zoul."
Maylan says, "She is ready for life."
Ilsola slowly empties her lungs.
Speaking to Khobra, you hiss, "Precisely."
Jalodg melodically says, "I knows. But we should puts her in a place for hers to serves for crimes."
Khobra says, "Zhe may not be all there az ve needed her."
Khobra tilts her head up.
Maylan says, "Aye, lock her here."
Speaking quietly to Duvainiel, Pukk says, "Go towards the light. You will feel at peace there."
Maylan says, "This IS a jail."
Pukk nods at Duvainiel.
Jalodg melodically says, "I has much respects for the good peoples who serves on the Demonwall."
Maylan says, "A very solid one."
Ilsola says, "Clearly she can't leave this place... I agree with Maylan.  We can lock her here as we decide what to do with her."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Nodyre raises an eyebrow in Elspie's direction.
Ilsola gazes heavenward.
You squint at Elspie.
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "I told you we needed to get to her quickly."
You say, "I told you."
You say, "Now look at her."
Jalodg melodically says, "Well okies."
Khobra says, "The body vill zmell in lezz than a day."
You say, "She's ruined."
You glance at Elspie.
Khobra shakes her head.
Pukk kneels down.
(OOC) You whisper, "Because of the stance Darcena has taken, she can't call for a cleric. Can someone else?" to your group.
Jalodg melodically asks, "We makes her live, lock her backs up and remembers to give her foods and water?"
Speaking to Duvainiel, Khobra says, "Lil znake livez longer than you lil one."
Nodyre carefully works his way into a sleeveless tunic, layering it over his diamond-studded breastplate.
Ilsola says, "I have called for the town cleric."
Khobra stands up.
Jalodg turns to Ilsola and cheers!
Ilsola grits her teeth.
You scoff.
Pukk continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "You're feeding into it."
Jalodg melodically says, "Cause we gots ta follow these ripples next I thinks."
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg asks, "Rights, mam?"
Ilsola says, "If we can all restrain our murderous impulses... I'd like to believe we're BETTER than that."
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg says, "Jalodg's the names."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Pukk chatters to himself, apparently engaged in a spirited debate with his alter ego.
You glance dubiously at Ilsola.
Crime nods at Ilsola.
Khobra agrees with Ilsola.
Archales snickers.
Jalodg agrees with Ilsola.
Archales says, "Sure...."
Pukk glances up.
Archales nods encouragingly.
Crime scoffs at Maylan.
Pukk shrugs.
You growl, "Hurry up, I'm hungry."
Archales folds his hands behind his back.
You growl at Duvainiel.
Pukk quietly says, "I didn't expect an answer really."
Pukk stands up.
Maylan grins at Crime.
You crawl up to Duvainiel.
She smells just like Duvainiel.
Archales hums a sad little tune.
(Darcena licks blood off Duvainiel's wrist, her eyes flaring bright green.)
Pukk quietly asks, "Good?"
Nodyre raises an eyebrow in your direction.
Pukk grins at you.
You nod at Pukk.
A hooded figure slides in and murmurs a swift orison.  A beam of light surrounds Duvainiel, rejuvenating and reviving her.  With a quick bow towards Ilsola, the figure slides out once more.
Ilsola nods once.
Darcena snarls. Ooh!  That felt great!
Jalodg hoots at Ilsola.
Speaking softly to you, Archales says, "Drinking blood is frowned on in most places."
Pukk glances up.
Archales nods knowingly.
Crime leans against a reinforced steel hatch.
Pukk quietly exclaims, "Cholen answered my prayers after all!"
You glance askance at Archales.
Pukk lets out a cheer!
You nod at Crime.
Ilsola slowly empties her lungs.
Speaking to Crime, Maylan says, "Keep guarding that hatch."
Ilsola closes her eyes for a moment.
Jalodg leans against a reinforced steel hatch.
Pukk glances at a reinforced steel hatch.
Crime nods at Maylan.
Duvainiel blinks absently as she stares ahead at nothing in particular.
Pukk abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
Pukk nods.

Another Aborted Interrogation

Ilsola says, "I should consult the Five Families about what to do with her, I think."
Pukk quietly says, "It's closed."
Pukk flails his arms about.
Khobra agrees with Ilsola.
Speaking to Ilsola, Nodyre says, "Just make sure it's not at the jail where our former first sergeant ... met his end."
Pukk just closed a reinforced steel hatch.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What can you tell us about Nazhor's plans?"
Jalodg nods at Pukk.
Ilsola nods once at Nodyre.
Speaking to Nodyre, Ilsola says, "I'm leaning towards leaving her here, honestly."
Speaking to Ilsola, Duvainiel asks, "Wha plan?"
Jalodg agrees with Ilsola.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What was he up to?"
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola asks, "What was he working on?  Or towards?"
You lean back.
Pukk detaches a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick from a chain-link keyring.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola exclaims, "Or TALKING about, for hell's sake!"
Jiarine asks, "Would it be safe here since whoever did that knows we were here?"
Pukk attaches a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick to a chain-link keyring.
Jiarine glances around the room.
Pukk snaps his fingers.
The mirror images surrounding Archales undulate and grow stronger.
Archales renews his songs.
Darcena eyes Jalodg hungrily since she was denied her feast.
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Speaking distractedly to Ilsola, Duvainiel asks, "Ripples?"
Jalodg agrees with Elspie.
Khobra glances at Elspie.
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face as she grimaces at Elspie.
Ilsola asks, "And what do we do with her?"
Ilsola mutters something better left unheard.
Jalodg whispers to the group, "I thinkings we locks her back up and we go outside and find the ripples!"
Khobra says, "Zhe cannot ztay her."
Khobra says, "But then again."
Nodyre nods at Khobra.
Speaking angrily to Ilsola, you growl, "You waited too long and now Sheru has ripped her apart."
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Pukk says, "I think Darcena wants to dine on her...maybe a finger at a time..."
Speaking quietly to you, Pukk says, "Lady fingers."
Pukk grins.
Speaking to Ilsola, Nodyre says, "Elspie should be returned to her home and a guard assigned to stand watch."
Speaking to Pukk, Ilsola grumbles, "I think Darcena is running low on red meat at this point."
The sound of a hacking cough emits from Crime's leather harness.
Pukk nods at Ilsola.
Ilsola nods in agreement at Nodyre.
Speaking quietly to Ilsola, Pukk says, "That is most of the time."
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "And you..."
At the thought of food, your stomach growls.
Speaking to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "You will remain here, under lock and key."
Ilsola ponders.
Ilsola says, "Though..."
Maylan turns to Ilsola and cheers!
Ilsola says, "I believe I will hold onto that particular key."
A pained expression crosses Ilsola's face.
Pukk nods at Ilsola.
Ilsola says, "I seem to have an issue with First Sergeants and trustworthiness of late."
Speaking desperately to Ilsola, Duvainiel cries, "No!  Dun leave me 'ere!"
Pukk quietly says, "Might be best that way."
Speaking to Ilsola, Maylan says, "Don't forget to feed and water her about once every other week or so."
You see a reinforced steel hatch open.
Khaell just came through a reinforced steel hatch.
Khobra whispers something to Ilsola.
Khaell mutters something better left unheard in a reinforced steel hatch's direction.
Speaking quietly to Khaell, Pukk says, "Welcome back."
Duvainiel trembles.
Khaell turns to face Pukk.
Speaking flatly to Duvainiel, Ilsola says, "The alternative is to kill you outright... and that's not something I'm inclined to do at this moment."
Khobra squints at Duvainiel.
Khaell turns to face Duvainiel.
You flash Khaell a toothy grin.
Ilsola adds, "Though it's very close."
You gently bite Khaell.
Khaell says, "Up again i see."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Khobra glances at Elspie.
(Darcena leans against Khaell's leg, her eyes still gleaming green.)
Crime quietly says, "Could just kill her and make sure to keep her on regular interval, no mess that way."
Elspie sways slightly, then slowly moves toward the hatch.
Speaking quietly to Khaell, you whisper aloud, "Hungry."
Crime winks and flashes a sly grin.
Elspie just went through a reinforced steel hatch.
Khaell reaches over and gently rests his hand on you.
Speaking to Crime, Khobra warns, "No."
You glance at a reinforced steel hatch.
Khobra tilts her head up.
You say, "Where's she going."
Crime quietly exclaims, "Where did she go!"

Chasing Elspie

[Sunset Cay, Bedroom - ]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see a tiny angular lilac-point kitten that is sitting, a ruffed greatfang, a tidal bobcat, a tense marsh spirit that is flying around, a reinforced steel hatch, a flame-edged flickering portal and a sturdy door leading back to the living area.
Also here: Khobra, Elspie
Obvious exits: none
Khaell, Nodyre, Jiarine, Maylan, Crime, Pukk and Archales followed.

Khobra says, "You zhould no wander."
You stare at Elspie.
Pukk just closed a reinforced steel hatch.
You say, "Elspie."
Elspie slowly shuffles towards the door.
Pukk quietly says, "Lock it."
Elspie just went through a sturdy door leading back to the living area.
Khaell searches around for a moment.

You move toward a sturdy door leading back to the living area, striding away.
[Sunset Cay, Living Area - ]
This spacious living room is in complete disarray.  A squat secretary has been pried open.  Papers, covered in ink from a nearby broken inkwell, spill from the broken secretary and onto the floor.  A set of his and hers armchairs have been knocked over, and their matching upholstery carelessly ripped open.  An overstuffed couch leans against a wall-sized picture window.  You see an archway into the kitchen, a blue-painted door leading to the front stairs, and a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
Also here: Elspie
Obvious exits: none

Archales surveys his surroundings carefully.
You ask, "Elspie. Where are you going?"
The pitter-patter of rain can be heard outside.
Speaking to Pukk, you say, "I need food. Now."
Khobra surveys her surroundings carefully.
Elspie sighs, her voice heavy with pain.
Archales whispers to the group, "To the ripples?"
You say, "Let me have that popcorn."
Crime quietly says, "She's gone."
Crime rubs his chin thoughtfully.
You fret, "I can't think."
Elspie shuffles over to the couch and slowly settles herself onto it, her gaze on the picture window, her expression placid.
Elspie just went over and threw herself down on the couch.

With no curtains or shutters to obscure the view, this huge picture window has been designed to give the homeowners a front row seat to the sun's nightly curtain call.

You gaze through the picture window and see...

[Sunset Cay, Ocean View - ]
From this vantage, the wide expanse of shoreline appears uninterrupted.  Moonlight glints off the ocean waves as they crest and break against the white sand beach in a ceaseless cycle.
Obvious paths: none

Pukk nods at Elspie.
Crime peers quizzically at Elspie.
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre asks, "Can we get you anything?"
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples."
Archales says, "It is a nice view."
Archales says, "Very peaceful."
Nodyre nods slowly.
Khaell just came through a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
You say, "Khaell."
You whine at Khaell.
You say, "I need food."
You softly fret, "Where is Madmountan when I need him."
You pace back and forth.
Pukk quietly says, "I think she is going to sleep."
Pukk touches one finger to his lips.
Khaell offers you a red and white peppermint stick.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
You groan at Khaell.
You exclaim, "That is not food!"
(Khobra grabs a pillow from the floor and places it gently underneath Elspie.)
Khaell grabs a vial of faintly glowing aelotoi tears from inside his thick leather knapsack.
Khaell says, "Second best thing."
You stamp your feet at Khaell!
Khaell ponders.
Khaell absent-mindedly drops a vial of faintly glowing aelotoi tears into his thick leather knapsack.
You say, "Oh."
Jalodg glances at Khaell and pouts.
Khobra carefully hangs her longsword from her swordbelt.  It rattles against the longsword hanging from it, and she carefully adjusts them.
Ilsola just came through a bedroom door with bright red runes across its surface.
You reach inside one of the small pouches hanging from your slate battle harness and collect a slender blood vial.
You bring the vial to your lips and tilt your head back, taking a deep drink of blood in a reverent fashion.
Nodyre nods at Archales.
Speaking to Elspie, Ilsola asks, "Are you alright?"
You pant.
Khaell inclines his head.
Speaking to Ilsola, Khobra says, "Zhe iz out of it."
You slip the blood vial inside one of the small pouches hanging from your slate battle harness.
Speaking to Khobra, Ilsola asks, "Did she say anything?"
Khaell says, "I tried to dispell her earlier...."
Speaking to Ilsola, Nodyre says, "Ripples."
(Darcena slowly relaxes and her eyes resume their stormy grey color.)
Nodyre gazes heavenward.
Pukk quietly says, "Ripples."
Speaking to Ilsola, you say, "Ripples."
Pukk nods.
Speaking to Ilsola, Khobra says, "Nothing."
You say, "And she looked out the window."
Khobra adds, "Other than ripplez."
Khaell says, "I couldn't break the magic..."
Khaell ponders.
You blink.
You say, "I wonder..."
You say, "If she touches the ocean."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples... folds..."
Pukk quietly says, "I think ripples means she wants to go swimming."
You say, "Her commander said she is a water mage."
Speaking to Ilsola, Khobra says, "Nazhor harnezzed her zomehow."
Pukk nods sagely.
Ilsola nods in agreement to you.
You say, "Maybe she needs to touch water."
Speaking to Elspie, you say, "Elspie."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra remarks, "Ve need to know vhat now."
Speaking to Elspie, you say, "Follow me."
You hold your palm out toward Elspie, looking for a handout.
Pukk quietly asks, "Ripples and folds?"
Pukk ponders.
Elspie blinks slowly, her head cocked to one side.
Speaking gently to Elspie, you say, "Remember, I am your friend."
Pukk quietly asks, "Magic?"
Jalodg melodically says, "Sounds like the elemental stuffs that wizzies are goods at."
Elspie slowly rises to her feet, her eyes never leaving the picture window.
Elspie stands up.
Khaell asks, "Douse her in water?"
You point at a blue-painted door.
You say, "This way, Elspie."
Khobra moves to stand behind Elspie.
Elspie turns her head slowly and regards Darcena, her eyes glassy.
You coax, "Come with me."
Jalodg frets.
Khaell ponders.
Jalodg frets.
Khaell absent-mindedly drops a red and white peppermint stick into his thick leather knapsack.
Crime rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Khaell searches around for a moment.
Elspie slowly shuffles towards Darcena.
Jalodg put a scratched sephwir long bow wrapped in patinaed copper floral filigree in his shoulder quiver.
You nod at Elspie.
Speaking slowly to Elspie, Khobra inquires, "Can you zee the ripplez?"
You say, "Through the door, Elspie. Let's go for a walk to the dock."
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples... folds..."
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
Jalodg leans forward.
Elspie glances at a blue-painted door.
Khobra inquires, "Folds of ...?"
Elspie shudders.
You frown.
Khobra slowly repeats, "Ripplez and foldz of ... ?"
You uncertainly ask, "Something out there?"
You glance at Elspie.
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Elspie.
Elspie shuffles slowly towards the blue-painted door.
Khobra agrees with you.
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg asks, "Towards the Westy, that the window facings, outside?"
Elspie just went through a blue-painted door.

Restorative Water

[Sunset Cay, Approach - ]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Also here: Elspie
Obvious paths: none

Khobra glances at a short dock.
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
You say, "Let's go down to the beach, Elspie."
Khobra glances between Elspie and a short dock.
(Darcena points to the beach beside the dock.)
Elspie stares blankly, her gaze on the far horizon.
Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "We can have the paddle boat ride now?"
Elspie quietly mutters, "Ripples?"
Crime quietly says, "Electricity can help in these situations. Looks to be pretty stormy weather."
Jalodg agrees with you.
Crime ducks his head.
You nod at Maylan.
Jalodg fastens the clasp on his umcor apotl, protecting himself from the rainstorm.
You say, "First try here."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra asks, "Ripplez on the vater?"
You say, "Then we can take her for a ride."
Jalodg tugs on the hood of his umcor apotl, allowing it to shadow his face.
Maylan lets out a cheer!
Khobra agrees with you.
Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Elspie.
You say, "Elspie, walk with me to the water."
Elspie glances down at the water, her eyes clearling slightly.
Elspie quietly asks, "Ripples?"
Crime whispers to the group, "We might want to make sure she desn't jump."
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Elspie sways on her feet, her gaze on the waves.
You ponder.
You nod at Crime.
Khobra slowly repeats, "Ripplez in .. time, the... vater.."
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
(Darcena strides down to the water line and bends to touch the water.)
Elspie quietly states, "Ripples... Nazhor..."
Speaking to Elspie, you coax, "Come here."
Nodyre frowns.
Elspie grimaces slightly, her eyes narrowing.
Khaell whispers to the group, "I'm a bit...apprehensive.....myself.."
Speaking quietly to Elspie, Crime says, "And sit down next to Darcena."
You sit down.
Elspie quietly states, "Nazhor..."
You nod.
You say, "Nazhor."
Elspie glances at you.
You say, "Come and tell me about Nazhor, Elspie."
You say, "We need to get him."
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie asks, "I... know you...?"
You say, "Let the vengeance burn bright in your heart."
Nodyre turns to Elspie and cheers!
You say, "We need to find Nazhor and stop him."
You say, "You do, Elspie."
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
You say, "I met you here. At Brann's funeral."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Her foggy is lifting!"
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Many of us were here for the funeral."
You say, "We stood on the dock together."
Nodyre nods slowly.
Khobra asks, "Ripplez in Nazhor? Nazhor cauzing the ripplez, folding on... folding upon.. folding in?"
You say, "I have been searching for you ever since you were taken from us."
Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Speaking sadly to you, Elspie laments, "Bran..."
You nod at Elspie.
You say, "Come sit with me, Elspie."
Elspie sniffs.
You say, "Put your feet in the water."
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
You say, "Take off your boots."
You nod at Elspie.
You say, "It will help."
Jalodg smiles.
You hesitantly say, "I have bad news for you, Elspie."
Khobra says, "Ripplez in the.. Demonwall.."
Elspie takes a deep breath, her face becoming stern.
Khobra says, "The ... Habor.."
You say, "But it will help the vengeance burn."
Elspie states, "Bran is dead."
You nod at Elspie.
Jalodg sighs.
You say, "But that's not all, Elspie."
Khaell paces back and forth.
Jalodg glances down.
Elspie states, "And Nazhor did it."
You nod at Elspie.
Elspie growls ferociously!
Jalodg gasps.
Elspie exclaims, "And this whole TOWN... just WATCHED!"
You gently say, "Nazhor also had Duvainiel kill your commander."
Khobra examines Jalodg closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.
Elspie swears long, loud and well.
You say, "Elspie."
With a stiff upper body and left arm pressed tight against his side, Jalodg snaps his heels together and salutes Khobra.
You sternly growl, "Do not even think of it Elspie."
You say, "Do not make your vengeance unholy."
Elspie exclaims, "I SAW them!  A whole CROWD!  They WATCHED... HIM... DIE!"
You say, "It is Nazhor you must focus on."
Elspie gazes up into the heavens.
Elspie shrieks!
(Darcena towers over Elspie, leaning forward and growling in her face.)
You say, "Listen."
Crime ducks his head.
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg says, "We heres to help, friend."
You slowly state, "You do not take your vengeance to the entire town."
You say, "We are here to help you take on Nazhor."
You say, "He's STRONGER than you, Elspie."
Speaking to you, Elspie declares, "You weren't there.  None of you were.  I'd remember every single one of your faces if you were."
You say, "No. I wasn't. I was at home, Elspie."
Elspie squints at you.
You say, "I came after Roblar told me of the murder."
Crime nods.
Elspie quietly mouths, "Roblar."
You nod slowly at Elspie.
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg says, "I sorries I couldn't bes. We hear the Call so now we come by your side."
You say, "Roblar and I wanted to help you find vengeance."
You say, "We wanted to track down the people who stole your necklace."
Elspie quietly whispers aloud, "Roblar was there.  He watched.  He saw..."
You say, "And murdered your husband."
You ask, "Do you remember?"
Elspie loudly shrieks, "He LAUGHED!"
You say, "YOU chose to go to the First Sergeant against our advice."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra asks, "And vho elze do you remember?"
Elspie gnashes her teeth, her eyes flashing.
You say, "Khobra has been here on your side, too, Elspie."
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
You say, "We need to know what you remember about Nazhor."
You say, "You cannot take him on yourself."
Elspie glances sharply at Khobra, her eyes wild.
Khobra leans back.
Jalodg agrees with Khobra.
With a sudden cross-body motion, Khobra draws both the longsword and the longsword from her swordbelt.
(Darcena traces the line of her symbol absently with her index finger, the symbol of her patron, the Huntress.)
Khobra seriously warns, "Ztand down."
Jalodg melodically exclaims, "Hey nows!"
Elspie quietly whispers aloud, "It won't save you."
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
You growl, "Elspie You do not want to make us your enemy, Elspie."
Khobra says, "I know that look, zeen it in the eyez of many fallen foe."
Jalodg leans forward.
You say, "We searched for you."
Elspie sways on her feet, tears spilling down her cheeks.
You say, "We tried to find you."
You say, "We DID find you."
Nodyre nods at Elspie.
Elspie loudly sobs, "But BRAN!"
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Is gone."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra remarks, "Ve are not your enemiez."
You adamantly state, "We did not kill Bran."
Elspie weeps, her tears running hot down her cheeks.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "So lets work together and put justice to work."
You stare at Nodyre.
Speaking incredulously to Nodyre, Elspie mocks, "Justice?!?"
Khaell says, "Nazhor needs to be the focus for this, he has destroyed much for his personal gain."
You say, "We do not need justice."
You turn to face Elspie.
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg exclaims, "I know friend. It is terribles!"
Jalodg sniffs.
Speaking in Guildspeak, Crime quietly says something you don't understand.
You say, "We need holy vengeance, Elspie."
Crime grins.
You say, "It's time to join the hunt."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Surely we need justice. Nazhor must be stopped."
(Darcena laughs bitterly, her eyes flinting green again.)
(Jalodg begins to well up.)
Khobra leans over and whispers, "I believe zhe iz about to blame thoze there, having done nothing - not that ve vere able to."
Speaking to Elspie, Maylan says, "Stand up for yourself and help us destroy him, or whimper in the corner."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "And we are all committed to see that done."
Maylan nods at Elspie.
Elspie blinks rapidly, trying to pull herself together.
You say, "Khaell killed Duvainiel, Elspie."
Khobra appears to lose some internal strength.
Khaell agrees with Nodyre.
You say, "For your commander."
With a sudden cross-body motion toward her swordbelt, Khobra sheathes her longsword and longsword.
Khobra becomes unbalanced for a second, then recovers.
Khobra folds her arms over her chest.
Elspie blinks at you.
You hiss, "Ilsola brought her back."
Crime grins.
Speaking to you, Elspie asks, "What about Drehod?"
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg says, "You has a lifes to live, makes it right for yourself."
Khaell says, "She made her choices knowing what she was doing."
Khaell manages to offend an inordinate number of gods with an especially vitriolic spasm of oaths.
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra answers, "He iz dead, murdered."
Speaking to Elspie, you repeat, "I've been trying to tell you. Repeatedly."
Speaking to you, Elspie says, "What does Drehod have to do with this?  He's in the far North..."
You say, "Duvainiel murdered Drehod."
Khaell nods.
Elspie slumps, her arms falling slack at her sides.
You say, "I have something to tell, you, Elspie."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra says, "Ve called on the aide of your former commander to azzizt find you."
You ask, "That necklace?"
Elspie quietly whispers aloud, "No."
You say, "DREHOD got that for you."
You say, "He cared."
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
You say, "More than he probably should have."
Elspie whispers aloud, "No."
Khobra leans over and whispers, "TOO soon."
Khobra looks over at you and shakes her head.
You grin slowly at Khobra.
Pukk shifts his weight.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Take it easy now..."
You encourage, "Let it burn, Elspie."
Elspie grits her teeth, and turns to stare at the water.
You say, "We will find Nazhor."
Several lightning strikes cause the area to be blinded in a searing white light.
Maylan suggests, "Someone get her a drink."
Elspie gazes up into the heavens.
You say, "And we will make him pay."
Nodyre blinks.
Jalodg blinks.
Jalodg blinks.
Nodyre nods at Maylan.
Nodyre says, "A strong drink."
Crime searches around for a moment.
Jalodg nods at Crime.
You quietly whisper to Elspie, "We will rip him limb from limb."
A quiet tapping noise can be heard for a brief moment.
Jalodg crouches low and begins to scan his surroundings, one hand pressed to the ground.  After a moment, he slaps his thigh decisively.
Elspie quietly states, "I'd like to... thank you.  Thank you all... for coming for me."
Nodyre frowns.
Jalodg inclines his ear, listening intently.
Jalodg melodically asks, "You smells somethings?"
Jalodg sniffs.
Jalodg sniffs.
You sniff.
Nodyre searches around for a moment.
You cock your head.
You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.
A haze of black mist gathers around Nodyre as he prepares a spell...
Nodyre gestures.
Nodyre appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.
Speaking to Elspie, Maylan says, "Thank us by gathering your senses and helping us."
You say, "I... I hear something."
Nodyre nods to you.
Speaking to you, Nodyre says, "Tapping..."
Jalodg agrees with you.
Pukk agrees with Maylan.

You Go to War With the Army You Have

Elspie states, "And I'd like for you all to leave now.  I have thinking to do."
You glance at Elspie.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre asks, "Are you certain? What of your safety?"
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Speaking to Elspie, Maylan asks, "After all that, you don't even offer us tea?"
Elspie fixes her stare on the horizon, her shoulders tense.
Khaell cocks his head.
Speaking to Elspie, you say, "Be prepared. Nazhor may be here right now."
Khobra says, "Not vize to ztay vere a minion of Nazhor iz currently."
Khaell searches around for a moment.
A quiet rustling noise can be heard for a brief moment.
Jalodg blinks.
You don't find anything of interest here.
Nodyre searches around for a moment.
Speaking firmly to you, Elspie says, "I pray that he is."
Nodyre's hands snap to the hilts of a murky black kroderine wakizashi and a folded kroderine wakizashi and deftly draws them from the scabbards on a simple swordbelt!
You exasperatedly say, "He threw you off easily enough next time."
You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Elspie!
You growl, "You must be smart in your vengeance."
Quiet footsteps can be heard for a brief moment.
Nodyre frowns.
Jalodg searches around for a moment.
Speaking slowly to you, Elspie states, "I believe I was quite clear.  I'd like you to leave now."
Khaell searches around for a moment.
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Khaell inclines his ear, listening intently.
Nodyre moves into a defensive stance, ready to fend off an attack.
Speaking to Elspie, you say, "Fine. If you can't even pretend gratitude."
Maylan says, "I do not think we should be leaving just yet...."
Maylan draws her twining zydris runestaff from her runestaff sling, tracing an arc of glowing violet energy in its wake.
Jalodg turns an ear toward a curling footpath.
Speaking to Elspie, Maylan exclaims, "Gird your loins, woman!"
You say, "I clearly should not have wasted hours arguing with Ilsola on your behalf."
You say, "Or searching for you."
Jalodg turns an ear toward a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Khaell says, "Heads up...somethings going on."
You say, "Go to your death."
You turn around.
Maylan exclaims, "Gird your loins for battle!"
You turn away from Elspie, ignoring her.
Jalodg melodically says, "SOmeone coming ups the walkway."
Nodyre moves to stand in front of Elspie.
Jalodg melodically asks, "?"
A rush of air blows through the area, bringing a sheet of heavy rain with it.
You hear very soft footsteps.
Maylan gazes up into the heavens.
Jalodg shakes his head.
Khaell inclines his ear, listening intently.
A quiet rustling noise can be heard for a brief moment.
Elspie quietly states, "I am not ungrateful.  But I can spare no gratitude or appreciation for any but my memories of Bran."
Khaell casually observes his surroundings.
Nodyre nods slowly.
Elspie adds, "And, apparently... Drehod."
Elspie sighs.
You mutter, "That is NOT an apology for poor behavior."
Speaking melodically to a tidal bobcat, Jalodg exclaims, "Pepper, go sniff and scouts!"
Jalodg gently rubs the tidal bobcat on the head and neck.  The bobcat breathes out a quick sigh.
Speaking to Khaell, you say, "And after we took care of Duvainiel AND found her prison."
You make a horrendous warthog-like noise.
Quiet footsteps can be heard for a brief moment.
You say, "Stick my neck out for an ungrateful Drake repeatedly."
Nodyre frets.
Elspie gazes up, staring at the stormclouds.
Speaking consolingly to Elspie, Khobra remarks, "You vere cared for, by many."
You exasperatedly ask, "What ARE all those footsteps?"
Khaell glances up.
Nodyre searches around for a moment.
A sudden gust blows the rain at you in a stinging attack.
Khaell shakes his head.
Mirage-like distortions surround Crime as he prepares a spell...
Crime gestures.
Crime appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.
You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.
Speaking to Khobra, Elspie sobs, "And what am I supposed to DO, exactly?"
Jalodg melodically says, "Shield your eyes a moments."
Crime searches around for a moment.
Jalodg smiles.
You say, "I don't see anyone."
Jalodg delivers a series of succinct gnomish phrases with masterful precision, a forward thrust of his palm completing the cycle...
Jalodg gestures.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Jalodg's hand!
You cover your eyes with your hands, peeking through your fingers.
Jalodg searches around for a moment.
Maylan says, "I defy the rain."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Fight -- with us at your side."
A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...
Maylan gestures at a high-collared cream flyrsilk toqua embroidered with shackled kiramon devouring each other.
As the flames break upon the cream flyrsilk toqua, the fire is absorbed into the fabric, each thread subtly backlit by a fiery glow.  In a rush that causes the air to distort, peacock-hued flames erupt and race to cover the garment in a cloak of living fire as a high-collared flyrsilk toqua ablaze in a rippling train of feathery flames is revealed.
Crime blinks at Maylan.
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra says, "Turn your zorrow, into juztice. Rightouz juztice."
Maylan thumps her mop-fringed pegleg on the ground in three rapid successions.
Khaell begins chuckling at Maylan!
Speaking melodically to Elspie, Jalodg asks, "Are you in fighting's shape, mam?"
Speaking to Nodyre, Elspie snarls, "The last clear thing I remember, before the... insanity... I had just BURIED my husband."
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra adds, "Uzing praticed wizdom and knowledge you have."
Jalodg's face turns slightly pale.
Khaell faces Elspie, closes his eyes and begins chanting.  A small spark leaps from Khaell's fingers... but little else happens.
Jalodg blushes a deep rose hue to the tops of his ears.
Jalodg quickly ducks behind you.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "And your house was ransacked. And we confornted Nazhor. And you were arrested and imprisoned."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre asks, "And look who freed you?"
Khaell paces back and forth.
Nodyre points at you!
You glance at Elspie.
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
Nodyre points at Khobra.
Elspie growls, "I will take my time to grieve.  If Nazhor wishes to come for me, then let him come.  I will not dishonor my husband by being anything other than the Elspie he loved."
Nodyre points at Maylan.
Nodyre loses some awareness.
Jalodg agrees with Elspie.
Pukk nods at Elspie.
Jalodg smiles at Elspie.
Khobra agrees with Elspie.
(Darcena throws her hands up into the air dramatically.)
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "You go to war with the army you have - and you're looking at it."
Elspie nods once at Nodyre.
Speaking to Elspie, Khobra says, "Remember that alvayz, vhen the darknezz cloudz the mind."
Khaell adopts an agreeable expression.
Speaking to Nodyre, Elspie growls, "When Nazhor comes, I will fight with you."
You mutter, "Holy vengeance."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "And we shall be at your side."
Nodyre takes a gallant bow, tipping his bycocket slightly, before sweeping it behind his back.  After a moment's pause he rises and places his bycocket firmly on his head, adjusting it to fit.
You relievedly hiss, "We hunt."
Speaking quietly to Elspie, Pukk says, "I'm not much of an army as a comic relief."
With a flourish, Nodyre sheathes a murky black kroderine wakizashi and a folded kroderine wakizashi in opposing scabbards on his simple swordbelt.
Pukk smiles weakly.
Nodyre grins at Pukk.
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Elspie quietly says, "And until then... I... ask... for some peace.  And some time to grieve."
Nodyre nods at Elspie.
Elspie closes her eyes for a moment.
Nodyre whispers to the group, "Someone should stand guard."
Pukk nods knowingly.
Khobra respectfully concludes, "Of courze."
Khobra casually observes her surroundings.
Crime quietly says, "Stormy weather, rustling, tapping, footsteps, trances, murders, conspiracy. and to think I could just be sitting at Helga's and drinking a pint."
You whisper, "Take shifts?" to your group.
Maylan whispers to the group, "Not I, I've had enough of this ninny."
Nodyre grins at Crime.
You nod at Maylan.
Crime scoffs.
Jalodg smirks at Maylan.
Elspie slowly empties her lungs.
Elspie quietly says, "I do thank you all.  If not for you, I would be... lost."
Nodyre nods at Elspie.
Speaking quietly to Nodyre, Crime says, "I'm an elf of action."
Khobra removes a withered black rose from in her drake-clasped case.
Khobra offers Elspie a withered black rose.
Maylan shrugs at Elspie.
Speaking to Elspie, Maylan says, "Good night."
You say, "I'm checking on Ilsola."

A Quiet Conversation


[Sunset Cay, Bedroom - ]
Nearly every visible item in this small bedroom has been broken in some manner.  The mattress of the double bed rests torn, stripped of bedding, half off the bed's frame.  A large wardrobe stands open, and clothing has been strewn about the room.  A ladies' dressing table, its contents demolished and drawers removed, lies upended against the far wall.  Above the bed, a small, in-wall safe stands wide open and empty.  A large portrait lies on the floor, nearly lost in the clutter of the room.  You also see a reinforced steel hatch, a flame-edged flickering portal and a sturdy door leading back to the living area.
Obvious exits: none

The steel hatch appears to be closed.
>open hatch
There doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

You stare at a reinforced steel hatch.
You abruptly kick at a reinforced steel hatch!
You belt out, "Ilsola?"
You knock upon a reinforced steel hatch.
You knock upon a reinforced steel hatch.
You dubiously say, "I wonder if Duvainiel knocked her out."
Khaell abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
You say, "I never saw her come out."
You squint at a reinforced steel hatch.
Khaell says, "I came in hear earlier and they were both here with jadalog."
You nod at Khaell.
You ponder.
Khaell abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
Khaell abruptly kicks at a reinforced steel hatch!
You ask, "In the hatch or in this room?"
You cock your head.
Khaell says, "Inside the room."
Khaell points at a reinforced steel hatch.
You nod.
You frown at a reinforced steel hatch.
You belt out, "Ilsola?"
You ask, "You know?"
You say, "I guess I do care what happens to her."
You say, "Even if she was largely incompetent."
You say, "She had fire."
You say, "Maybe she'll grow into her spine."
Khaell says, "Highly."
You frown.
Khaell says, "Should have left Duvainal dead."
You say, "Learn something from all this."
You nod at Khaell.

[Sunset Cay, Approach - ]
A short dock rises from the white sand covering this flat wedge of beach.  The occasional cries of seagulls blend with the soothing rhythm of the surf to create a relaxing susurrus.  The salty breeze keeps the palms that are scattered about the shore in near-constant motion.  Positioned to capture the amazing view, a cozy log cabin rests upon stilts just up the beach.   Wooden steps form a winding path up to a blue-painted door at the front of the cabin.  A footpath curls around towards a small garden.  You also see a tidal bobcat and a salt-stained wooden walkway.
Also here: Nodyre (Rog)
Obvious paths: none
Khaell and your marsh spirit followed.

Nodyre frowns.
Nodyre points at a short dock.
You ask, "Keeping watch?"
You peer quizzically at Nodyre.
Nodyre nods to you.
Nodyre says, "She went across the dock."
You ask, "Everyone else leave?"
Nodyre nods to you.
You nod.
You ask, "What time do you want to switch shifts?"
You peer quizzically at Nodyre.
Nodyre asks, "Is the rogue still locked up?"
Elspie just came across a short dock.
You say, "Couldn't get in the hat--."
You glance at Elspie.
Nodyre nods.
Elspie quietly says, "I... believe I will retire."
Khaell nods at Elspie.
Nodyre nods at Elspie.
You bluntly ask, "To where?"
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie says, "To my bed."
You ask, "Have you seen your bed lately?"
A flash of lightning lights up the sky, followed by a rumble of thunder.
You say, "FIrst you need to break down the door covered in runes."
You say, "It won't open."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "You may need to seek alternate accomodations."
You say, "Or you have to go through the portal at your husband's grave."
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie says, "I seem to remember walking right through it."
You say, "Once you get in there, it's destroyed."
Elspie scratches her head.
You state, "One way."
Elspie quietly says, "I... see."
Elspie slowly empties her lungs.
You say, "The bed is destroyed."
You say, "The painting is destroyed."
You say, "The house is destroyed, Elspie."
You say, "It can possibly be fixed."
You say, "But you can't stay there."
Elspie quietly says, "That... Jalodg person... invited me to visit him in Icemule... maybe I'll do that."
You say, "Plus there's a prison in your bedroom."
Nodyre nods at Elspie.
You say, "You can stay with me, too."
Elspie slowly empties her lungs.
You say, "I have a house."
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "A wonderful idea - much safer."
You say, "It's a lovely house. Right by a hot springs."
You say, "Comes with a wolf pup to cuddle with."
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie says, "Forgive me, but I can't imagine that your home has the peace I would most prefer at the moment."
Khaell grins at you.
You say, "And Snacks is used to tears."
Nodyre chuckles.
You say, "Oh, I'm not using it."
You say, "I've been staying elsewhere."
You shrug.
Speaking to Elspie, Nodyre says, "Wherever you wind up, please do not hesitate to ask for aid."
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie says, "Let me see what I can find on my own.  It would do me some good to rely only on myself for a time, I think."
You roll your eyes.
Nodyre bows to Elspie.
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie says, "Thank you very much for the offer, though."
Nodyre just went across a salt-stained wooden walkway.
You exasperatedly say, "You're supposed to rely on FRIENDS, Elspie."
You say, "That's what we're for."
You say, "Khaell is my pack."
You say, "I am his."
Speaking quietly to you, Elspie asks, "And for how long, exactly?"
You say, "We rely on each other."
You cock your head at Elspie.
You gently say, "As long as it takes."
You say, "That is what pack is, Elspie."
You say, "A home wherever you need it for as long as you need it."
You say, "And then some."
Speaking firmly to you, Elspie says, "I am a Drake.  Or I was, at any rate.  I can stand on my own feet.  Once I can do so, then I will lean on friend.  But I am responsible for restoring my own equilibrium.  And regaining my strength."
You shrug at Elspie.
You say, "Suit yourself."
Elspie nods slowly.
Khaell says, "Best of luck with that."
You say, "Be careful."
Elspie says, "I do appreciate it, more than you know."
You say, "Being alone leads to bitter."
Elspie smiles slowly.
Khaell says, "Tomorrow will atleast bring fresh air."
You say, "And if you don't temper the metal."
You say, "It snaps."
Khaell agrees with you.
Elspie nods understandingly.
The ground trembles as rolling thunder resounds throughout the sky.
Elspie says, "If I need help... I will ask.  I promise you that."
You say, "Nevertheless, here's where I live."
(Darcena leans over and whispers directions in Elspie's ear.)
Elspie nods appreciatively to you.
You say, "Knock twice."
You say, "Bring a steak for Snacks."
You nod once.
Speaking to you, Elspie says, "I shall, if the need arises."
Elspie says, "Thank you again."
Khaell says, "Steak...."
You say, "You can always find us in Plur's Pub in the landing too."
You turn to face Khaell.
Khaell says, "Think my stomach growled."
Khaell grins.
Speaking bitterly to Khaell, you say, "I'm very hungry."
Elspie grins, ever so slightly.
Khaell nods.
You say, "I didn't even get one nibble."
You mutter something inaudible.
Elspie says, "I know the place."
Elspie says, "Have a good evening, you two.  And my thanks."
You nod at Elspie.
You say, "Farewell."

Appearances

You see Lord Crime Roy'al the Blackguard.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He appears to be ancient.  He has piercing steel grey eyes and greyish black skin.  He has very short, sleek silver hair.  He has a cherub-like face and narrow, delicately pointed ears.
He has a blue-swirled black mithglin ring in the upper ridge of his left ear, a rusty shackle tattoo upon a field of pure white on his wrist, and a snarling necrotic drake tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a folded coraesine tachi set with a black ora-etched grip in his right hand and a spiked veil iron warding shield in his left hand.
He is wearing some deep black adamantine scale armor skinned with necrotic urglaes, a black leather slouch hat with numerous scuff marks, a rune-etched silver earcuff, a translucent rolaren earring crowned with obsidian glass, a ruby Mularos symbol, an emerald parrot snake talisman carved in smooth lines, a black hand insignia, a moon-filled white ora pendant, a leather aventail lightly stained with blood, a ruby amulet, a stark black woven silk cloak clasped with a tiny silver dragon claw, a snowy owl charm, a black opal holy charm, a translucent silvery obsidian clasp, a mithril Twilight Hall pin, a clenched rolaren hand insignia, a red roestone heart symbol pierced with a white opal dagger, some cunning black leather goggles smudged with dirt and blood, a bloodstone inset platinum pin, some gleaming mithril alloy gauntlets, a glyph-etched imflass pin, a shimmering autumn-hued leaf, a small bone periapt, a blue feather-shaped charm, a veniom-bound vultite badge, a void black spidersilk satchel embroidered with pure white Faendryl runes, a weathered leather harness made from a multitude of straps, a fitted black cotton shirt lightly stained with blood, some supple black leather armbands drenched with blood, a peridot studded gold armband, a star-engraved cobalt blue ora bracer, a pair of elegant black leather gloves stitched with black silk thread, a grinning dragon-etched black opal ring traced in silver, an enruned urglaes ring, a veniom bound vruul skin swordbelt inlaid with urglaes fangs, a large treasure sack with a blood crystal clasp, a soft leather bloodscrip pouch, an ancient Faendryl scabbard, a bloodstained leather survival kit, some supple black leather pants with numerous scuff marks, some black leg greaves with dagger-shaped kelyn latches, and a pair of fine leather boots.

You see Duvainiel.
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Talador.
She is of slight height and has barely any meat on her bones.  She appears to be very young.  She has restless melenite-hued eyes and unnaturally pale skin.  She has waist length, tangled multicolored hair twisted into thick, matted locks and interspersed with mismatched beads and ribbons.  She has a gaunt face and a nervous tic.  She has extensive burn scars covering the entire left side of her face.
Despite no apparent injuries, she seems to be DEAD!
She is wearing a fraying black leather choker with rusted steel spikes, a tattered and torn brown leather cloak severely burnt along the hem, a holey doublet bearing a burnt crest of Talador over some forest green laminar armor with splotches of russet and raw umber with a mud-stained yellowish chiton underneath, some bronze-toned deerskin leggings slashed to reveal traces of tan suede, and some timeworn boots of dark sienna leather.

You see Elspie.
She appears to be a Human from Selanthia.
She is tall and has delicate features.  She appears to be very young.  She has keen emerald green eyes and tanned skin.  She has shoulder length, carelessly-styled amber hair that falls in loose curls around her face.  She has a narrow face, an angular nose and a narrow scar running vertically across her left eye socket.  Her eyes are glassy and unfocused.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a variegated aquamarine and emerald mantle, a bright blue tunic, some white leather gloves with deep blue stitching, a bright green braided leather belt, some deep blue leather breeches, and some white leather boots with deep blue stitching.

You see High Lord Jalodg Calahann the Hellion.
He appears to be a Forest Gnome of the Greengair Bloodline.
He is average height and has a lithesome, nimble build.  He appears to be very young.  He has hooded walnut-brown eyes and dusky skin.  He has cropped, fine auburn hair shaved at the temples.  He has a pinched face, a flaring nose and calloused hands.  He has a fake-looking black goatee.
He has a rune tattoo on his arm, a rune tattoo on his arm, and a pair of violet-inked turnips soaring across his hands.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his right hand.
He is holding a dirt-caked wooden shovel in his right hand.
He is wearing a polished gold ring, a celadon glyph-adorned baldric set with copper studs, a bronze-framed eisenruck with powder blue panels, a silver and alexandrite necklace, a forest green topaz-adorned yoke set with copper acorns, a maroon brocade pouch with golden braided drawstrings, a hideous green knit sweater, some verdant green chainsil footwraps beaded with glass leaves, a ghezyte chelioboros bracelet, a faceted chrysoberyl crown, some raggedly cut patchwork canvas trousers, a porous dark hazelwood earring set with chipped bright red crystal shards, a moss agate inset mithril pendant, a beryl-inset pewter necklace, a copper-veined umcor apotl embroidered with a pouncing lop-eared tidal bobcat, a pair of narrowed ironwood pauldrons accented with sharp vultite scaling, a motley jester pin, an opaline snowball pin, an enameled teddy bear pin, a copper-bound ebonwood badge, a filigree silver sprite pin, an intricate iolite iris brooch, a strength pin, a brilliant chrysoberyl buckle, a ruby-inset silver clasp, some braided leather suspenders, a pair of prismatic goggles, a fake-looking white beard, a twisted amber and jade symbol shaped like sheaves of grain, a ruby-inset rose-gold brooch, a leather shoulder quiver fringed with cockatrice plumes, a set of silk-lined amber-banded armor, a moss green shirt, a single-strand bracelet of dried pothinir grass, a twined faenor ivy vine bracelet set with cracked earth brown crystal leaves, a thorned gold and alum bracelet, a pair of brown canvas gloves with grass-stained palms, an elegant blue dreamstone ring, a sun-bleached canvas wand belt, a leather coin pouch, an enameled seashell bucket, a translucent sack, and a pitch black Caligos conch shell on a braided hemp cord.

A layer of water surrounds Jiarine and ripples with each movement.
You see Jiarine Und'shy'yld Nalfein.
She appears to be an Elf.
She is diminutive.  She appears to be youthful.  She has lash draped topaz-encircled brilliant cyan eyes and smooth and unblemished ivory skin.  She has chin length, silky ebonwood-hued hair with longer layers of fiery gold and umber framing her face.  She has narrow ears that curve sharply upward into delicate, angled points.  A rich blue-grey sky opal swept with wispy cloudy white tendrils is positioned between her eyes, which casts a sparkling pale cerulean sheen across her face.
Dark shadows twist and swirl around her.
She has minor cuts and bruises on her back, and some minor cuts and bruises on her right leg.
She is wearing a small bone periapt, a thick gold ring, a cream velvet feystone-strung choker, a white fox fur jacket pinned with a circular blown glass brooch, a complex vaalin knotwork brooch, a suede-strapped sturdy leather rucksack, a strapless pewter moire silk gown washed with hazy tendrils down the sweeping train, some white cobra skin armor, a hammered copper filigree armband, a pair of thin black silk gloves with copper mesh palms, a squared black ash band, a smooth copper-bound ivory kidskin kit, a slouched russet leather bag, some sheer black silk stockings with seams down the back, and a pair of velvet slippers.

You see Nodyre the Grandmaster of the Rogue Guild.
He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
He is very tall.  He appears to be time-worn.  He has piercing pale grey eyes and pale skin.  He has short, sandy blonde hair.  He has broad shoulders.
He has an enruned gold-inked band on his finger.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a wide-brimmed bycocket adorned with a snowy eagle feather, a hooded jacket, a shadowy grey cracked skull pin, a riveted thick leather knapsack, an unassuming weapon harness, a sleeveless tunic, an unadorned ring, a simple swordbelt, a soft leather bloodscrip pouch, an unembellished scabbard, an armor accessory case, an ordinary gem bag, a pair of cuffed trousers, and an unremarkable pair of boots.