Witchful Thinking - 5119-07-13 - Statues and Suspects and Serpents

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Koaratos 13-14, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Black-armored soldiers on horseback arrive at the Landing north gate with a wagon. After a series of hand signals and a knock, a half-elven man emerges, introducing himself as Cayde, apologizing for the dramatics and saying the road isn't always safe for travelers and his luck hasn't been great lately.
  • Sir Cryheart asks to what they owe the pleasure and Cayde explains that he's here for business, hoping to stay a while because of an invitation to consider trade opportunities.
  • Captain Stormyrain asks for an inspection and Cayde says he has another wagon coming, days out, but lost "another or two," but had sent word to the town council about his gesture in honor of Mayor Lylia, "to help oil the wheels of trade." Though she's not about, Cayde opens the wagon side to reveal a bleakstone statue in her likeness, with smoky grey thunderstones for eyes.
  • Cayade says one man's waste--the Bleaklands--is another's paradise or profit, and that Councilwoman Alendrial DeArchon approved the statue's placement outside of Moot Hall, showing papers to Stormy upon request. As they head toward Moot Hall to place it, Hapenlok inspects one of his own bleakstones and Cayde says he has more of them coming.
  • Puptilian suggests the Raging Thrak Inn for Cayde and his soldiers. Cayde thanks him and apologizes for not catching the mayor upon his arrival, but says there will be plenty of time. He heads off to sleep as the storm gets closer.
  • Some in the crowd voice concerns about the unknown properties of bleakstone, but Stormy can't discern any loresong within the statue and, in any case, the statue's placement is in the power of the town council.
  • Grumpy fishermen walk by, saying they hadn't caught anything all week, then pulled up dozens of fish tonight--just to find them already dead and rotting. The group goes to the north dock, where Ruffelin and Captain Shinann inquire with a fisherman about the timeline; he says they pulled in the dead ones less than an hour ago.
  • Bubbles and foul stench rise from the waters of Darkstone Bay and bloated dead fish surface--over a hundred of them. But then forms move beneath the waters, pulling the fish back down and making clicking noises--before eventually revealing themselves as huge oily black serpents, eating a fisherman out at sea. The serpents turn their attention to the north dock and a fierce battle begins, as they're undead and immune to magic! Soon enough, plagues infect many of the defenders, then undead snakes--not immune to magic--join the fray, then antimagic effects in the air dispel foreign spells, then anti-mana effects in the air drain people of mana, then undead vipers join the fray.
  • Hapenlok, over the amunet, tells someone to destroy the statue or he'll drop meteors on it himself after he's done with the serpents.
  • Elphieya, over by the statue, reports that she can't do anything to it with magical or physical attacks. As the serpents eventually retreat back to sea, Elphieya relays that the gypsy fortuneteller is more talkative than usual, foreseeing doom and the blight of the world and saying the fish are only the beginning. She says "it comes to swallow us all." Ryndith backs her up, saying that the fortuneteller said "Our future is bleak."
  • As others discuss the situation, suddenly Hap requests Cryheart come to Moot Hall and kill him--with Elphieya urging they hurry and saying he's out of control. But they arrive just in time to find Hap on fire, dying as they get there.
  • Leafiara asks if Raznel is controlling him again, while Elphieya and Aleid explain that he attacked the statue, and he started twitching and his hands were glowing. Hap says she's arrived and is still in control, while Elphieya and Timothe say they too cast at the statue and nothing happened to them. Leafi asks if Raznel's influence is gone and she should even resurrect him, but he says it should be fine, since the message was sent.
  • While Hap explains that it wasn't connected to the statue and was Raznel's control, the embers still rising from his clothing begin to swirl--and then spin out and set the gathered crowd ablaze! Town guards arrest Hapenlok for assault and endangering public safety.

Bonus!

  • Later in the night, after paying his fines, Hap burns out his nerves in an effort to stop Raznel from using his mana for her ends and seeks audience with Leafi to report on his history with the witch.
  • Years ago Raznel had harvested blood through her scarabs, from Hap, Raelee, and others, creating dolls in their likeness to control them with blood magic. Pylasar found dolls she left behind--and, while most people destroyed theirs, Hap kept his, assuming it could be used to divine her location. However, he was mentally attacked during the Festival of Frost and his doll was taken. Then he later found himself unwillingly calling meteors down on town defenders and on the Faendryl Enclave during the war with the Blameless.
  • Hap says tonight Raznel took over again, as he started to twitch right after he decided to hurl a fireball at the statue. He explains that it's not mental control, but a binding with blood. He says he saw her--an illusion of her--after he came to his senses again and to make clear to Thadston that the endgame has started and the situation goes beyond his son Disean.
  • Hap considers the possibility of using bracers on himself that were once used on Grishom Stone to steal his powers, thinking that Malvernus or Pylasar might have them--as an alternative in case breaking the blood bond isn't possible. He also hopes to find Teuriz, who had once cured Maags after Raznel sealed her power.


Highlights

A small pillar of dust appears in the distance, barely discernible in the rain.
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Is Maylan about?"
Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara replies, "No, I think she's away on a journey or something."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "...then I should go sound the alarm."
Shinann asks, "For some dust?"
Speaking to a lanky fire wyrdling, Hapenlok says, "Go sound the alarm."
Cayde says, "My name is Cayde."
Cryheart says, "I am Cryheart."
Cayde says, "I could tell instantly from the way others gathered near you."
Chamorr heartily says, "We don't even understand this Bleakstone stuff, and we is puttin a big chunk in the middle of town."
Chamorr heartily says, "What could possibly go wrong."
Speaking to Chamorr, Puptilian says, "Town Council allowed it."
Speaking heartily to Puptilian, Chamorr says, "I have a box of rocks smarter than the council."
Some fishermen walk by, grumpy and grumbling, "...and ain't had a catch in our nets all week and then...believe or not...first one tonight it's dead. All of them. Dozens of them suckers just dead and rotting...we'll be poor by end of summer at this rate!"...they wander off.
Speaking to Stormyrain, Melikor says, "Something's not right..."
Speaking to Melikor, Stormyrain says, "When a bleakstone statue is rolled into town, it can't possibly be a harbinger of fortune."
A circular ebonwood cart comes rolling slowly into the room and stops.
Stormyrain asks, "Who is providing snacks?"
Leafiara raises her hand.
Leafiara exclaims, "That would be Twilight Hall!"
Stormyrain mutters, "Of course it is."
Leafiara curiously says, "What? Gotta keep a full stomach."
The fisherman says, "We ain't pull'd anythin' for a day or so? But we set out tonight, hopin' to change our luck perhaps. Even though it's so late it's the damn witchin' hour. But new strategy..."
Hapenlok asks, "Witching hour....did he have to say that?"
A foul stench wafts through the area.
Leafiara helps herself to a small loaf of flaky layered cheese bread.
Leafiara takes a bite of her loaf of cheese bread.
Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "How the damnation can you eat with that stench."
Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara replies, "Breathing through my mouth."
Stormyrain asks, "For the love of all things Jastev sees. Can't you taste it?"
Speaking to Leafiara, Chaoswynd says, "Yes, excellent idea. No telling what might be in the air, but deep breaths now."
Speaking to Chaoswynd, Leafiara rebuts, "I don't see you moving away from the deadly gas!"
Speaking to herself, Leafiara admits, "Did -not- expect to need to imbed some Purify Air spells for this particular war..."
Another bubble pops on the waters.
Evia says, "Something is passing foul winds in the water."
Chamorr heartily says, "It's the curse of Roblar."
Hapenlok leaps off the docks and jumps into the waters of Darkstone Bay!
Stormyrain says, "...why."
Claudaro says, "Yes, jump into the waters that are killing the fish..."
Cryheart says, "Well...cover your noses when Hap comes back."
Speaking to herself, Stormyrain murmurs, "I have no words."
Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...
Hapenlok gestures.
Hapenlok hurls a stream of water at himself!
AS: +500 vs DS: +636 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +14 = -93
A clean miss.
Speaking to Hapenlok, Stormyrain says, "..don't die."
Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...
Hapenlok gestures.
Hapenlok hurls a stream of water at himself!
AS: +511 vs DS: +436 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +61 = +165
... and hits for 37 points of damage!
Good blow to left arm!
He is stunned!
The water completely drenches Hapenlok!
Ruffelin says, "Um, surely there's easier ways o' cleansin' th' foulness."
Speaking to Hapenlok, Chaoswynd suggests, "You know, fire is the ultimate sanitizer."
A dark form glides under the waters.  It circles around a second dark form that moves about.  Then a third, then a fourth.
There is a faint clicking that seems to echo beneath the water.
Stormyrain asks, "..what clicks like that?"
Shinann says, "Umm."
Cryheart asks, "Crabs?"
Shinann says, "Pyramid."
Chamorr heartily says, "Bleakstone bass."
Hapenlok asks, "It couldn't be ....Kiramon?"
Leafiara sagely says, "Underwater kiramon."
Shinann asks, "Maybe?"
Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya says, "Kiramon is the only I know that clicks."
Stormyrain exclaims, "Underwater kiramon?!"
Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclick.  The dark forms number over a dozen now, gliding with long forms beneath the murky water.
Stormyrain asks, "What the nightmare level of Luukos' sanctuary is that?"
Cryheart says, "Your cart is getting splattered with rotten serpent."
Claudaro says, "She's restocking it."
Leafiara admits, "To be fair, I carry lots of bleakstones on me and nothing's come chasing after me yet."
Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Bleakstones you say?"
(Pukk tries to look in Leafiara's pockets.)
Speaking carefully to a polished bleakstone statue, Rubyvatra says, "I do believe you are a 'gift' that might be best 'return to sender'."


Log

Cayde and Trade

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Sir Cryheart, Puptilian, Bromn, Shinann, High Lady Saranja, Pukk, Aynissa, Novice Otn, Amtrisia, Lord Chamorr, Stormyrain, Lady Enestrie, Lord Diablic, Event Planner Leafiara, Lord Elanthil who is sitting, Knockturn, Krizualt, Zosopage, Stormicore, Bernadette, Zegres, Kramp who is sitting, Zaneon who is sitting, Dohvah who is kneeling

Thunder rumbles in the distance.

BOOM! A clap of thunder like the bellowing growl of an angry god shakes the heavens.

A small pillar of dust appears in the distance, barely discernible in the rain.

Puptilian says, "Hmm."

Puptilian says, "Going to go look."

Cryheart says, "Something on the road."

Sofal asks, "Sand devils?"

Falvicar quietly says, "Odd."

Leafiara musingly says, "Haven't seen dust like that since Teuriz, but..."

Evia asks, "Are we expecting a Tehir?"

Razanetika softly says, "Small pillar of dust."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Is Maylan about?"

Leafiara wryly says, "Maybe Quinshon's come to visit."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Well Happy is a Mage of the flame...so he must be hot for you..."

Bernadette softly says, "Dust in the rain."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara replies, "No, I think she's away on a journey or something."

Speaking disgustedly to Pukk, Saranja exclaims, "Never mind the dagger, I'll pull your bits off!"

Puptilian: "So far nothing close. Will keep you updated."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "...then I should go sound the alarm."

Shinann asks, "For some dust?"

Cryheart: "Thanks."

Falvicar: "The north gate be clear."

Speaking quietly to Saranja, Pukk says, "Why would you go after me. You should be listening to Happy."

Hapenlok: "In the absence of Maylan, I think I should take the responsiblity of sounding the alarm."

Hapenlok: "...but it's raining and I really don't want to walk that far."

Speaking disgustedly to Pukk, Saranja says, "You're an instigator."

Speaking to a lanky fire wyrdling, Hapenlok says, "Go sound the alarm."

Speaking quietly to Saranja, Pukk exclaims, "I am not. I'm a Pukk!"

As the rain continues, the dust begins to be pushed down, but the sound of horses approaches town.

Ruffelin says, "Uh oh."

Cryheart says, "To the North gate."

Cryheart says, "Moving in one...."

Speaking to himself, Hapenlok asks, "Horses?"

Chamorr heartily says, "To the gate."

Razanetika softly exclaims, "Horses coming!"

Leafiara says, "Ahh, more people who enjoyed their time at Rumor Woods."

Cryheart says, "Two...."

Avalera: "Still clear at the North Gate."

Cryheart says, "Three."

[travel]

Puptilian: "Horses coming. Guess we'll meet them at the north gate."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a reinforced wooden defense tower and the Wayside inn.

Also here: Great Lady Samaarkan, Stolas, Yakushi, Skoal, Lord Zephyrn, Lady Darksin, Master Eledryn, Goldstr, Lord Cayde, Zarston, Mistress Lyddia, Fionola, Puptilian, Lord Darconas, Aynissa, Elphieya, Lady Tarine, Great Lady Katami, Lady Mistyfall, Lord Gesaril, Chaoswynd, Lady Enestrie, Event Planner Leafiara, Pietra, Diamondelille, Stormyrain, Melikor, Stilehe, Hapenlok, Pukk, Bernadette, Shinann, Sir Ruffelin, Dame Evia, Sofal, Lord Diablic, Razanetika, Lord Chamorr, Zosopage, Aerchodryn, Otsakleia, Timothe, Claudaro, Osloe, Grand Lord Dalabrac, Grand Lord Gnaeusprimus, High Lady Saranja, Sir Cryheart, Avalera, Falvicar

Pukk quietly asks, "Horse....why does it always have to be horses?"

Stormyrain says, "Hapileaf."

Chaoswynd amusedly murmurs, "Hapileaf..."

Cryheart offers Leafiara a wild carrot.

Leafiara accepts Cryheart's carrot.

Saranja quietly says, "Cause you spread..."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "Happiara."

Saranja stares at Razanetika.

Razanetika softly asks, "What I do?"

Speaking to Pukk, Stormyrain asks, "Hapileaf. Leafenlok?"

Leafiara gently says, "He found ya a tasty carrot, girl."

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "Hapileaf. Happy. Leaf."

Leafiara nods to the golden charger.

Chamorr heartily says, "Happenari."

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk says, "Scowling little versions of Leafi with big feet."

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "That's just ...."

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "That makes no sense."

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Chaoswynd says, "And just as liable to explode randomly."

Speaking sagely to Chaoswynd, Leafiara rebuts, "I never explode -randomly-."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "....not exactly true."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "There was that one time when we-"

Chamorr heartily says, "None of this does."

Speaking frustratedly to Leafiara, Saranja says, "I'm seriously gonna hurt someone... best go hunt."

Hapenlok says, "...oh, that's not for public consumption."

Hapenlok says, "...nevermind."

Speaking quietly to Chaoswynd, Pukk exclaims, "Right!"

Speaking gently to Saranja, Leafiara says, "They're just being extra silly, love."

Chamorr heartily says, "Ok."

Speaking lightly to Saranja, Leafiara says, "Don't worrry about it too much."

Speaking softly to Sofal, Razanetika exclaims, "Me too!"

Speaking softly to Sofal, Razanetika asks, "You have deeds?"

Speaking to Saranja, Hapenlok teases, "Jealous?"

Speaking frustratedly to Leafiara, Saranja exclaims, "I'm not silly about you!"

Sofal says, "A couple."

Leafiara curiously asks, "You all -do- know that Sara's -actually- one of my fiancees, right?"

Speaking softly to Saranja, Razanetika asks, "Are you two fighting?"

Claudaro recites:

"Sara and Leafi...ahem... wait, how does that go again?"

Riding up to the north gate, but stopping away from the crowd, a black-armored soldier appears and surveys the area.

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I'm aware, I also headbutted a cat once. Over a piece of chicken. Just digest that for a moment. And know that I'm willing to fight for you."

Speaking quietly to Razanetika, Saranja says, "No."

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "No, just... having a mild disagreement, apparently."

Razanetika softly says, "Well alright... I think."

Puptilian asks, "Can we help you?"

Dalabrac says, "Good eve."

Pukk quietly says, "There will be a fee for riding a horse to the town..."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "1000 silvers!"

>look sold

The soldier is covered in black metal armor from head to toe, concealing any discernable features.

The soldier looks around, then nods. He seems to motion with his hand.

Razanetika softly asks, "Who is the soldier????"

Speaking to a black-armored soldier, Zosopage says, "Nice armor."

Hapenlok says, "I like his color choices. very ..."

Hapenlok says, "Riiiiight...."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pietra says, "Monochromatic."

Diamondelille asks, "Wot ye wants be here?"

Pukk quietly says, "Black is such a happy color."

Cryheart says, "You are nae talkative, soldier."

Puptilian asks, "Captain, maybe he is too injured to speak?"

Evia says, "Perhaps he awaits an order."

Another black-armored soldier wades into view, as a large covered wagon rolls slowly out of the forest, sludging through the wet dirt and mud.

Razanetika softly asks, "Wagon?"

Lyddia says, "Where there's one.."

Hapenlok says, "Lead scout."

Leafiara musingly ventures, "Supplies?"

Elphieya whispers something to Leafiara.

Razanetika softly asks, "Injured soldiers?"

The voice of Nitewisper exclaims, "It's a merchant!"

Speaking to a black-armored soldier, Ruffelin asks, "Hae ye come wi' supplies?"

Two more soldiers ride up on horseback and stop at the side of the wagon.

Leafiara whispers something to Elphieya.

>look wag

You cannot see inside of the wagon as it is locked up.

Speaking to a black-armored soldier, Shinann says, "No entering the gates with that wagon until it is inspected."

Zosopage says, "Supplies or someone in there."

Lyddia says, "Now more."

The voice of Nitewisper says, "They got loots."

One soldier leans over and knocks on the side of the wagon.

Falvicar quietly says, "I don't like this."

Hapenlok mutters, "You all talk too much. Just shut up and watch."

Elphieya whispers something to Leafiara.

Lyddia asks, "Do they need aid and comfort?"

Leafiara whispers something to Elphieya.

Cryheart says, "We shall find out."

Puptilian says, "I have a feeling we will find out with who ever comes out of the wagon."

Speaking to Falvicar, Hapenlok exclaims, "Put it this way, they're not likely to sack this town with a handful of soldiers and who...or whatever's in this wagon. So ...relax!"

The voice of Nitewisper says, "Where are the wenches when we need emfirst."

Speaking to a black-armored soldier, Ruffelin asks, "D'ye need healers an' clerics?"

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Falvicar says, "At least a greeting would be nice and appropriate instead of these.. hand signals and knocking on wagons without a single word."

Cryheart says, "I think they are being secretive for a reason."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Maybe it is a bunch of gnomish warriors waiting to jump out and pillage our town!"

Falvicar quietly says, "Exactly my point."

Leafiara jests, "Maybe it's filled with explosives."

Chamorr heartily says, "Let's whack dem."

Gesaril says, "We should probably see who's in the wagon before we all get all itchy for a fight."

Hapenlok says, "They're dressed in all-black. I don't think greeting is in their vocabulary."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Elphieya says, "Quite possibly just to see the reaction."

Speaking softly to a black-armored soldier, Razanetika asks, "How can we help you?"

Sofal says, "At least it's not a big horse shaped wagon."

Stormyrain says, "I'm sure that we will get some answers when our guests reveal themselves."

A small door opens on the side of the wagon and a half-elven man with curly white-blonde hair steps out, lowering himself to the ground. He quickly closes and latches the door behind him.

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Elphieya says, "It can tell a lot about a crowd to just sit and watch them react to silence."

Cayde says, "Forgive me of all of the dramatics."

>look cayd

You see Lord Cayde.

He appears to be a Half-Elf.

He is shorter than average. He appears to be in the prime of life. He has pale spring-green eyes and dusky skin. He has short, curly white-blonde hair. He has a classical nose and small pointed ears. A thin scar mars his left eyebrow, ending just above the faint creases at the corners of his eyes.

He is in good shape.

He is wearing a crystal amulet, a black leather pack, a burgundy and black doublet, a curved bleakstone ring, an old grey pouch, an oiled dark leather scabbard, a rune-etched mithril case, a pair of soft black leather trousers, and some black pebbled leather boots.

Eledryn says, "Well this is quite a crowd."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm....welcome to the Landing."

Darconas melodically says, "Greetings..."

Cayde says, "The roads are not always safe for travelers, especially those bearing gifts."

Elphieya whispers something to Eledryn.

Zosopage says, "Good evening."

Cayde says, "...and my luck has not been great these days."

Leafiara bemusedly says, "Just tell us who ya are and we can work on the 'forgiveness' part."

Darconas melodically says, "What kinds of gifts..."

Cayde says, "Oh sorry."

Cayde grins.

Speaking to Cayde, Ruffelin says, "Aye, but ye gie us a start wi' yer silent retinue."

Cayde bows.

Speaking to Cayde, Hapenlok asks, "...any whiskey in that pile of gifts?"

Cayde says, "My name is Cayde."

Cryheart says, "I am Cryheart."

Cryheart says, "Welcome to the Landing."

Leafiara suddenly says, "Ah, you're--"

Speaking to Cayde, Goldstr says, "We has heard yer name."

Leafiara concludes, "Yes."

Lyddia says, "Ello Cayde."

Speaking to Ruffelin, Puptilian says, "Hired guards are usually not paid to speak for their charge."

Speaking quietly to Cayde, Pukk exclaims, "Hi Cayde!"

Cayde says, "I could tell instantly from the way others gathered near you."

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok whispers aloud, "You forgot me."

Leafiara greets, "Leafi."

Cayde nods at Cryheart.

Dalabrac says, "Welcome."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Evia says, "Or, you could take your own advise and shut up and wait...HA."

Ruffelin says, "Nay, but they kin answer a civil question."

Cryheart says, "Ye can speak."

Speaking quietly to Cayde, Pukk says, "I need to give you a nickname...I think Cay would....nevermind...we have a Cay..."

Speaking to Cayde, Eledryn says, "Eledryn Synaeris."

Diamondelille says, "Me likes yer boots, Cayde."

Cryheart says, "And to what is the pleasure of your greeting...Lord Cayde."

Cayde says, "Business."

Cryheart asks, "Business with whom, may we ask?"

Speaking to Cayde, Shinann says, "So, what is in the wagon? Will not matter if you are not coming into town. It will, if you are."

Speaking softly to Cayde, Razanetika asks, "Are you looking for someone specific?"

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Elphieya mentions, "It seems they are aware of your name and position in town."

Cryheart asks, "Or would ye prefer a less wet setting to discuss your business?"

Speaking to Cayde, Zosopage asks, "Might we be able to aide in your 'business'?"

Cayde says, "I'll keep it brief. I've traveled far, and I've something to deliver for the town. But I hope to stay awhile, upon an invitation to consider potential trade opportunties."

Speaking irritatedly in Elven to herself, Saranja says, "Pukk NEVER shuts up...."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Pukk says, "Good question...I think he is hiding a bunch of chocolate."

Leafiara amicably says, "Well, this is a trade town after all."

Timothe says, "I always like some good trade."

Cryheart says, "Well...then ye need to speak with our Mayor and the town council I presume."

Speaking heartily to Cayde, Chamorr says, "Soon as the wagon gets looke at."

Diamondelille asks, "Be ye a trader?"

Pietra asks, "Do we have a vice mayor for when the mayor is otherwise engaged?"

Claudaro whispers something to Leafiara.

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain says, "Before we allow a wagon into town, Sir, we would need to inspect the contents. I'm sure you understand."

Cryheart whispers something to Shinann.

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "He isn't a imp that I can tell....he looks nice and trustworthy."

Leafiara guesses, "If it's about trade, I think it would be more in the purview of Lady Alendrial, in the first place..."

Leafiara admits, "Only a guess, though."

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain offers, "But where are my manners. I am Stormyrain. One of the Captains of the Militia for the Landing."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "Oh, bother...I'm sure there's no kobolds hidden in that wagon."

Chamorr heartily says, "Let's whack him an burn da wagon."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Eledryn says, "Kobolds have a way of not remaining hidden for long."

Cayde bows to Stormyrain.

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "Remind me to explain to you what we do again."

Cayde says, "Well met."

Diamondelille asks, "Kobold wearin armor?"

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain says, "And Captain Shinann is here, as well."

Cayde says, "Yes, by all means."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara explains, "I'm not talking about the inspection. I'm talking about whether opening a business would be approved."

Cayde says, "I've another wagon coming too, perhaps days out."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Elphieya says, "His comment was NOT in response to you."

Speaking quietly to Cayde, Pukk says, "Please excuse Happy, he is quite drunk with love you see....so he isn't himself."

Cayde says, "Unfortunately lost another or two."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "Then I am sorry."

Ruffelin asks, "Lost ta what?"

Speaking to Cayde, Avalera asks, "To what?"

Cryheart asks, "To bandits?"

Speaking to Cayde, Timothe asks, "Bandits?"

Speaking understandingly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "It's noisy, no worries."

Lyddia asks, "So what's with the solders?"

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain says, "I'm sorry to hear that. You can't be too safe on the roads here. Bandits a-plenty."

Cayde says, "But I had sent word to the town council that I would bring a gift."

Speaking to Cayde, Puptilian asks, "Bandits can be hard but between here and Solhaven it's been pretty safe travel. Where do you come from?"

Cayde says, "A gesture of sorts, to help oil the wheels of trade."

Cayde says, "In honor of the Mayor, of course."

Cayde squints against the rain, crowd, and armor.

Cayde asks, "Is she about?"

Speaking to Puptilian, Hapenlok says, "Only because I personally keep that road free and clear of banditry."

Speaking to Cayde, Zosopage asks, "Perhaps we should get in from the rain?"

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain says, "I have not seen her this night. She's a busy Mayor, as you can imagine."

Speaking in Elven, Saranja quietly says, "Bad time t'sneak."

Cayde says, "Fine enough."

Pukk whispers something to Shinann.

Cryheart asks, "Perhaps inside Moot Hall?"

Speaking heartily to Stormyrain, Chamorr asks, "Did ya check da wagon?"

Leafiara says, "That would be after the inspection, unless we're to leave the wagon here while talking..."

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain asks, "I'm sure he will not want to leave his cargo just sitting here. Mayhaps we can move there after we've inspected it?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Stormyrain says, "Not yet, Bear."

Cryheart says, "Sound advice."

Razanetika whispers to the group, "Is it wise to invite him inside town without knowing his true purpose here?"

Pukk whispers something to Shinann.

Eledryn asks, "I'm sure one of the clerks would know where Mayor Lylia is, wouldn't they?"

Cryheart whispers something to Ruffelin.


Lylia Looking Good in Bleak

Cayde steps up to the wagon, opening the side fully to reveal a polished bleakstone statue inside. The statue has been formed of polished bleakstone and shaped into the image of a slender Faendryl woman. Smoky grey thunderstones are fashioned into a pair of wide-set eyes, while the coils of waist length hair have been chiseled meticulously down over the woman's back. The woman's angular face looks on stoicly, her lips persed ever so slightly as if mildly amused. A full gown of darkest night wraps about the statue, its dark hue broken up only by whorls of golden specks from the bleakstone.

Speaking to Razanetika, Zosopage says, "If it were of ill intent we wouldn't be standing here."

Sofal says, "Maybe the inn, just to get out of the rain."

Speaking heartily to Stormyrain, Chamorr says, "Last wagon had red orbs in it."

Stormyrain whispers to the group, "Hundreds of people a day pass our gates without us knowing their purpose."

Pukk quietly says, "Woah."

Darconas melodically says, "That's a big piece of bleakstone."

Evia says, "Oh."

Cryheart says, "That is impressive."

Cayde steps back down, leaving the side of the wagon open to view.

Cayde says, "That is all I've brought at this time."

Ruffelin says, "Tha's quite impressive."

Hapenlok says, "It's ....beautiful."

Razanetika softly says, "That's an impressive statue."

Pietra says, "Is that... It almost looks like the mayor."

Leafiara curiously says, "Geez, and I thought my bleakstone art was neat."

Pukk quietly says, "That is some bleakstone."

Leafiara reaches up and removes the circlet from her cherry red hair.

Stormyrain asks, "A fine likeness. Excellent work--who was the artist?"

With a gentle hand, Leafiara carefully removes the bleakstone from her pure white circlet.

Osloe says, "Very nice."

Speaking to Cayde, Enestrie exclaims, "Truly lovely!"

Leafiara glances at a rook-etched polished bleakstone in her hand.

Hapenlok says, "I'd love to get one of those."

Chamorr heartily says, "Bleakstone."

Elphieya quietly says, "That is lovely."

Zephyrn says, "What are bleakstones exactly..."

Speaking to Cayde, Eledryn says, "I daresay that might rival some of the finer works I've seen in Ta'Loenthra."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "We only seen little rocks, nothing this big and we have zero idea what the properties of that rock is but it's unmistakable. That came from the wastes in Talador."

Shinann says, "I do not care for the material but the statue is a good likeness."

The voice of Nitewisper exclaims, "Maybe we can pick the lock on the wagon and steal the loots!"

Aynissa softly says, "That is quite fine artistry."

Speaking softly to Cayde, Razanetika says, "That is exceptional craftmanship."

Cayde says, "One man's waste is another man's paradise."

Lyddia says, "I've seen better."

Cayde asks, "Or was it..profit?"

Cayde shrugs.

Speaking to Cayde, Eledryn says, "For some, the two are one and the same."

Speaking to Cayde, Hapenlok says, "I'd say both statements are accurate."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain muses, "Yes...quite a priceless piece it would seem."

Cayde says, "Councilwoman Alendrial approved of its placement, even if temporary, outside of Moot Hall."

Speaking to Cayde, Hapenlok says, "But I'm not exactly a merchant....well, of your sort."

Stormyrain says, "I see."

Diamondelille says, "Nice statue."

Cayde says, "I hope it pleases the council and mayor, and opens the door to more opportunities."

Leafiara says, "I knew it."

Stormyrain asks, "The Militia was not appraised of this. Do you have papers from the Lady?"

Cayde rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Falvicar whispers something to Avalera.

Cayde reaches into his belongings and searches around.

Hapenlok whispers something to Leafiara.

Cayde removes a scroll and shows it to Stormyrain.

Speaking quietly in Sylvankind to Stormyrain, Saranja says, "I do not think this wise; we do not yet know of bleakstone's effects, if any."

Pukk whispers something to Shinann.

Speaking to Cayde, Stormyrain says, "Thank you, kind Sir."

Cayde bows.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goldstr asks, "Wid Mayor Lylia nae about da Captains should decide here, ye thinks?"

Cayde asks, "I'll see to quarters for my soldiers and myself but, perhaps a guide to Moot Hall first?"

Cryheart says, "Lord Cayde, join us."

Cayde joins Cryheart's group.

Speaking to Goldstr, Eledryn asks, "I've only briefly met Lylia, is it common for her to receive giant statues as gifts?"

Cryheart says, "Moving to Moot Hall."

[travel]

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Speaking to Eledryn, Stormyrain says, "She will be thrilled."

Cryheart says, "Here is Moot Hall."

Cayde nods.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "...or furious. But, sure...thrilled...yeah."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk exclaims, "You are just so hyper today!"

The wagon rolls in accompanied by the soldiers.

Puptilian says, "It's not unusual for a mayor to receive gifts."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Eledryn says, "She did seem the type who would appreciate fine art,."

Hapenlok removes a polished bleakstone from in his dark leather cape.

Hapenlok gazes with interest at the polished bleakstone in his hand.

Cayde grins at Hapenlok.

Speaking to Eledryn, Stormyrain says, "Especially of this nature--with this subject."

Cayde says, "I've more of that coming."

Cayde nods at Hapenlok.

Cayde says, "Tell your friends."

Speaking approvingly to Cayde, Leafiara says, "Excellent."

Cryheart asks, "Will your soldiers remain here, Lord Cayde?"

Elphieya quietly asks, "Who is the woman that the statue depicts? Is she someone known?"

Cayde says, "We'll remain in town yes. For sometime."

Hapenlok says, "You know, someone once sent us a blood marble altar once."

Hapenlok says, "That went less than well."

Speaking to Elphieya, Stormyrain says, "Mayor Lylia."

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "The Deacon got way too attached to that thing."

Dalabrac says, "The blood part should have been a hint."

Speaking to Cayde, Shinann asks, "Where will you be staying so we can leave a message for the Mayor?"

Speaking to Cayde, Puptilian says, "Thraks Inn usually has rooms."

Cryheart whispers something to Ruffelin.

Shinann says, "I am sure she will want to come thank you."

Speaking to Elphieya, Stormyrain says, "It does not have her ..essence. So do not feel bad for not recognizing her immediately."

Eledryn suggests, "I'm told Silvergate has some fine rooms, as well."

Chamorr heartily says, "We don't even understand this Bleakstone stuff, and we is puttin a big chunk in the middle of town."

The soldiers go about preparing the statue, slowly lowering it out of the wagon and positioning it just to the side of Moot Hall, standing like a shining pillar of gold and black. The soldiers step away and lead their horses off to the stables once their work is finished.

Speaking quietly to Cayde, Pukk exclaims, "Silvergate Inn has mints on their pillows!"

Leafiara suggests, "Despite its name, the Abandoned Inn is really accommodating."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya says, "Even after you said that, it just doesn't FEEL like Lylia."

Chamorr heartily says, "What could possibly go wrong."

Speaking to Chamorr, Puptilian says, "Town Council allowed it."

Cayde nods at Puptilian.

Cayde says, "Thank you."

Claudaro whispers the words to his spell, tracing his fingers across the sky. A vibrant stream of rainbow colors burst forth, streaming alongside his motions before dispersing into an imperceptible mist.

Claudaro gestures at a polished bleakstone statue.

Osloe says, "Looks good."

Speaking to Cayde, Puptilian says, "You can find it one block west and one block northwest from here."

Cayde says, "Please send the Mayor my deepest apologies for not catching her upon my arrival."

Speaking to Claudaro, Leafiara amusedly says, "Well, nice try."

Cayde says, "But there will be plenty of time. Plenty of it."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "Yeah, that does look like our Mayor."

Speaking heartily to Puptilian, Chamorr says, "I have a box of rocks smarter than the council."

Speaking curtly to Chamorr, Saranja says, "Everything."

Cayde nods at Puptilian.

Darconas melodically asks, "Don't suppose anyone has checked the statue for any unusual magical properties...?"

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "I can almost feel as if she is about to scowl right at me."

BOOM! A clap of thunder echoes in the distance.

Diamondelille asks, "Ye make dis fer our Mayer?"

Cayde gazes up into the heavens.

Speaking to Darconas, Leafiara mentions, "Some of us here have bleakstone samples and haven't found anything unusual to them yet."

Pukk quietly asks, "More rain?"

Cayde says, "That sounds like the storm is getting closer."

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking melodically to Leafiara, Darconas says, "I don't mean bleakstones in general. I mean this one in particular."

Cayde says, "I arrived just in time. Goodnight all. Be safe."

Stormyrain casually mentions, "It's always Stormy in the Landing."

Speaking quietly to a polished bleakstone statue, Hapenlok says, "I should sound the alarm."

Lord Cayde just went south.


Growing Concerns

Speaking to Darconas, Leafiara relents, "Well, fair enough."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Saranja says, "None so large."

Darconas melodically says, "After all, a certain mandis crystal a few years ago was quite a...problem."

Dalabrac says, "Odd that..."

Falvicar quietly says, "Right on time...."

Eledryn says, "I could see if I could tease the lore out of it."

Stormyrain says, "For all who are concerned, I share your trepidation. We have no power to stop what the Council members sanction, however."

Leafiara marvels, "Pretty nice storm tonight."

Cryheart whispers something to Ruffelin.

Darconas melodically asks, "Perhaps a bard can try to sing to it?"

Falvicar quietly says, "This.... can't be good."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I hope this doesn't draw the magic storms of the wastelands."

Aynissa musingly says, "I wonder whose likeness this statue is of..."

Speaking to Aynissa, Stormyrain says, "The Mayor."

Elphieya quietly asks, "Can we go inside yet?"

Zosopage says, "Let's hope nothing was tracking them here."

Stormyrain focuses her concentration, briefly studying the composition of a polished bleakstone statue.

Stormyrain says, "It holds no story within the stone that I sense."

Diamondelille says, "Mebee somone follers em."

Cryheart says, "Captain Stormyrain, allow me to introduce ye to my mentor and sponsor into the Order of the Silver Gryphon...Sir Ruffelin."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Aynissa says, "Ah. I see. I have not had the pleasure of meeting her yet."

Darconas melodically says, "Well at least it's nothing so obvious if there is something about it."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Ruffelin says, "Well met."

Speaking to Ruffelin, Stormyrain says, "It is a pleasure, Good Sir."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Ruffelin says, "At yer service."

Speaking to Ruffelin, Stormyrain says, "And I, yours."

Cryheart says, "Sir Ruffelin, Captain Stormyrain...and Captain Shinann of the town militia."

Shinann says, "Nice to meet you."

Elphieya whispers something to Eledryn.

Speaking quietly to Ruffelin, Pukk whispers aloud, "We just call Cryheart Sir Shiny...gives him something to think about in his old age."

Speaking to Shinann, Ruffelin says, "Well met."

Speaking bemusedly to Pukk, Leafiara asks, "Wait, what's thought-provoking about that?"


Dead in the Water

Some fishermen walk by, grumpy and grumbling, "...and ain't had a catch in our nets all week and then...believe or not...first one tonight it's dead. All of them. Dozens of them suckers just dead and rotting...we'll be poor by end of summer at this rate!"...they wander off.

Speaking quietly to Ruffelin, Elphieya advises, "The one who just spoke to you is Pukk. It's best to ignore him."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Saranja sighs, "I have no patience for anything tonight... forgive me... I am going to kill things... want to come with me, Pukk?"

Shinann says, "That did not sound good."

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain asks, "Docks it seems, should be our next stop?"

Puptilian says, "That isn't good this time of year."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Keeps his attention from wandering."

Leafiara asks, "Are the sculpins going wild again?"

Shinann says, "Docks."

Puptilian says, "Be back."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Melikor says, "Something's not right..."

Hapenlok says, "....oh, wonderful."

Hapenlok says, "The blight is back."

Cryheart asks, "Ok..let's head to the docks?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara inquires, "Familiar to us?"

Sofal says, "That is not good."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Yep."

Speaking to Melikor, Stormyrain says, "When a bleakstone statue is rolled into town, it can't possibly be a harbinger of fortune."

Goldstr asks, "Dat Bleaksone be a poison in da waters?"

Speaking quietly to Elphieya, Eledryn asks, "Does that help?"

Pukk quietly says, "The worth of that statue is so much..."

Cryheart says, "That could be."

Speaking to Cryheart, Shinann says, "Docks."

Speaking helpfully to Hapenlok, Leafiara suggests, "Maybe you could explain for those of us who aren't familiar?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain says, "Makes the most sense."

[travel]

Speaking to Goldstr, Ruffelin says, "I wonder at its properties, m'self."

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates, some huge wooden crates, some stacked piles of supplies, some large imperial ships and a huge grey imperial warship.

A circular ebonwood cart comes rolling slowly into the room and stops.

Shinann says, "Was hoping to talk to some of the fishermen."

Puptilian says, "Nothing yet."

Cryheart whispers something to Ruffelin.

Pietra says, "Travellin food."

Stormyrain asks, "Who is providing snacks?"

Leafiara raises her hand.

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I have a feeling what this is going to wind up being."

Ruffelin says, "Aye, would be good ta ken when th' catch started fallin' off."

Leafiara exclaims, "That would be Twilight Hall!"

Stormyrain mutters, "Of course it is."

Leafiara curiously says, "What? Gotta keep a full stomach."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "You and Leafi should quickly get married before something happens and postpones it."

Ruffelin asks, "Any'un noticed any other odd occurrences wi' wildlife? Or is it jus' th' fish?"

Speaking frustratedly to Leafiara, Saranja exclaims, "GODS, I wish I still drank!"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Stormyrain says, "I've not heard of anything besides the fish."

Stormyrain asks, "Pup? Cay?"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Puptilian says, "I just got back in town but earlier today the surrounding forest were fine."

Razanetika softly asks, "Whose wagon is that?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Remember, she uses hexes."

Cryheart says, "Well..bleakstone may nae be so good after all."

Nixlsplixt says, "The Empire's."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "On the wildlife too?"

Speaking to Ruffelin, Goldstr says, "We should keep an eye out. Aye."

Eledryn offers Saranja a malachite-set gold flagon.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd says, "Nothing particularly noteworthy, no."

Speaking to Saranja, Eledryn says, "Could have a sip of that."

A grumpy fisherman walks by then stops when he sees the crowd.

Saranja declines Eledryn's offer.

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Everything was dying off, the last time she had us under siege."

Razanetika softly exclaims, "Fisherman!"

Speaking to Eledryn, Leafiara explains, "She vowed to Lyrna not to."

Stormyrain whispers something to Goldstr.

Dalabrac says, "Why so grumpy."

Nixlsplixt exclaims, "Get him!"

Aynissa says, "There is a black imperial wagon at the Middle Dock... with something that is glowing blue-white."

Bernadette softly says, "There he be."

The fisherman says, "What da 'ell are you all abouts?"

Puptilian says, "We heard the catch was bad tonight."

Aynissa says, "And lots of crates."

Speaking quietly to Nixlsplixt, Elphieya says, "Don't scare him off."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Leafiara explains, "Heard some rumors of pulling up dead fish."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Shinann asks, "Excuse me sir. How has fishing been lately?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "They are bored!"

Avalera says, "We heard rumor of something fishy."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Hapenlok says, "Dead fish. Tell us more."

The fisherman says, "Maybe yer noise has been skarin' them 'ish away."

Cryheart says, "We heard some grumbling about fishing nae being good."

Speaking quietly to Eledryn, Saranja says, "I promised I'd not."

Speaking heartily to a grumpy fisherman, Chamorr says, "Heard was trouble fishin."

Leafiara patiently says, "We weren't here until just now."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Chaoswynd says, "Distinctly possible."

Claudaro asks, "Scaring 'em dead perhaps?"

Speaking to Saranja, Eledryn says, "Fair enough. It was just tea though."

Timothe says, "We just got here."

Razanetika softly says, "Uh oh."

The fisherman says, "Aye. Me crew pull'd in a few casts today. All dead."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Ruffelin says, "We're wond'rin when yer catch started fallin' off."

Cryheart says, "That is nae good."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Nixlsplixt says, "You're just not a very capable fisherman."

Pukk quietly asks, "Dead?"

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Shinann asks, "How long has this been happening?"

Bernadette softly says, "Dead fish no good."

The fisherman says, "Pale, rotted, bloat'd things. Even more smelly for fish ye know?"

Cryheart says, "Sounds more like Raznel's doing if ye ask me."

Speaking quietly to a grumpy fisherman, Pukk says, "Well you might be able to still sell them to Helga."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Ruffelin asks, "When did this start?"

The fisherman says, "Or Niima, oh that fickle wench."

Puptilian says, "That could be as much the pyramids than it could be anything else in the bay."

Leafiara musingly says, "A siege tactic, kill off the food supply and one's enemies starve.."

Claudaro asks, "Any of 'em with say... scarab-sized holes in 'em?"

The fisherman says, "Daddy ain't stroked her teet enough this season, so she's killin' his sea."

Zosopage says, "I nae think Niima would do that for some reason."

Cryheart says, "There is an evil witch about who has bothered us of late."

Evia says, "Gads."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I'm going to check the forest to see if there is anything odd."

Eledryn says, "I did meet a priestess of Niima the other day, I could ask her."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Shinann asks, "Again, how long has this been happening, please?"

Eledryn removes a dark thanot Niima statue from in his elven leather satchel.

Eledryn says, "Had been meaning to offer this to her but she's been rather elusive."

Melikor quietly says, "Odd expression."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Goldstr exclaims, "Nae be Niima, be dat Witch!"

The fisherman says, "We ain't pull'd anythin' for a day or so? But we set out tonight, hopin' to change our luck perhaps. Even though it's so late it's the damn witchin' hour. But new strategy..."

The fisherman says, "We pulled in the dead ones less than an hour ago."

Gnaeusprimus asks, "Maybe we just need to build a temple to Koar?"

Diamondelille says, "Makin sport of fisherman's livelihood no good."

Shinann says, "Thank you."

Sofal says, "Careful bad storm a brewin."

Hapenlok asks, "Witching hour....did he have to say that?"

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Eledryn asks, "Would we perhaps be able to inspect some of the fish?"

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Chaoswynd asks, "What, exactly, did you do with the dead ones?"

Evia says, "Catch one, inspect away."

Eledryn says, "It is not my forte at all, but I'm sure someone more attuned to nature or the healing arts might be able to figure out how they died."

The fisherman says, "It's witchful thinkin' if you'd expect otherwise little halflin'."

Stormyrain asks, "Hmm?"

Cryheart whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok mouths, "Lean closer."

The fisherman ruffles Hapenlok's hair.

Cryheart whispers something to Shinann.

A small ember of flickering flame appears above the palm of Hapenlok's hand...

Speaking to Hapenlok, Kasric says, "He did it again."

Hapenlok glowers at a grumpy fisherman.

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Falvicar says, "Might want to wash your hair."

Hapenlok whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Ruffelin asks, "How did th' seabirds act? Followed yer ships same as usual?"

Darconas melodically says, "Smells like fish."

Stormyrain says, "Pup reports nothing out of the oridinary in the woods around town."

Speaking to Falvicar, Eledryn says, "Pretty sure the rain's doing a good job at that already."

Speaking quietly to a grumpy fisherman, Pukk says, "Well Happy was in a good mood today, he is betrothed to Leafi now."

Hapenlok whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking curiously to a grumpy fisherman, Leafiara inquires, "If you didn't throw the fish away, could we maybe see one to inspect?"

Shinann says, "I do not have a fishing pole."

Hapenlok whispers something to Stormyrain.

Speaking to Elphieya, Eledryn says, "Some day I will manage to convince you to at least somewhat like rain."

Cryheart says, "Good idea."

Shinann says, "Of course... we need a net."

Shinann says, "If they are dead."

Cryheart says, "We can use Pukk as bait."

Speaking quietly to Eledryn, Elphieya says, "I like warm rain. And I love storms, when I am under something that lets my wings stay dry."

Speaking quietly to Eledryn, Elphieya says, "This rain is stinging and cold."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Well I am good bait I hear."

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Ruffelin asks, "Did ye notice any unusual behavior wi' th' seabirds?"

Leafiara says, "Where's Beldannon when we need him? He knows the oceans and the fish like the back of his hand."


Trouble Bubbles

A small bubble appears in the water just off the docks.

Speaking to a grumpy fisherman, Ruffelin asks, "Did they behave normally 'r was they odd as well?"

Puptilian leaps off the docks and jumps into the waters of Darkstone Bay!

Timothe says, "Did you see that."

A foul stench wafts through the area.

Sofal says, "Erm."

Pukk quietly says, "Bubbles..."

Stormyrain whispers something to Ruffelin.

Ruffelin says, "Ugh."

Puptilian climbs out of Darkstone Bay and up onto the docks.

Aerchodryn says, "Err."

Razanetika softly says, "Ewwww."

Elphieya quietly says, "With nothing amiss in the woods, if it is a ploy to cut off our food source, at least it is so far only a one sided attack."

Cryheart says, "Gads."

Dalabrac says, "Blech."

Pietra says, "Oh Pup."

The fisherman says, "There it is...that stench...no thank you...."

The fisherman marches off.

Pukk quietly says, "This smell isn't that bad."

Cryheart asks, "Waht is that smell?"

Tarine mutters, "Gross."

Eledryn whispers something to Elphieya.

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Elphieya says, "I think it came from the water."

Puptilian says, "We need to find out what is going on with the bay. That is one of the main sources of food for the town."

Bernadette softly says, "Och."

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage asks, "Smells like yer armpit does it?"

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "Close enough."

Shinann says, "We need to get a few of those fish, I think."

Speaking to Puptilian, Hapenlok says, "We're cursed."

Speaking to Puptilian, Hapenlok says, "This has all the markings of a hex."

Cryheart says, "I hae fished off these docks...caught some nice ones."

Ariandae quietly repeats, "A hex...."

Pukk quietly asks, "What is a hex?"

Shinann says, "I am thinking we need a net."

Cryheart says, "A curse."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "A curse."

Pukk quietly says, "Oh..."

Elphieya quietly says, "A net would make sense. If a dead fish is biting, we have other problems."

You help yourself to a small loaf of flaky layered cheese bread.

Razanetika softly asks, "How much is a net?"

You take a bite of your loaf of cheese bread.

Ruffelin asks, "Any shore crabs, birds, 'r clams near th' docks as kin be examined?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "How the damnation can you eat with that stench."

Speaking to Elphieya, Eledryn says, "Though, to be fair, I've never seen teeth on a boot either."

Zosopage says, "Very true."

Pukk quietly asks, "Then can't we have a priestess uncurse us?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara replies, "Breathing through my mouth."

Another bubble pops on the waters.

Stormyrain asks, "For the love of all things Jastev sees. Can't you taste it?"

Hapenlok says, "Not being versed in necromatic arts, I can't really say much about them. Except to know that it's Raznel's favorite method to make our lives completely miserable here."

Speaking quietly to Eledryn, Elphieya says, "I've never caught one of those."

Goldstr asks, "Should we check middle dock?"

Evia says, "Something is passing foul winds in the water."

Zosopage says, "At least she isn't eating fish."

Speaking to Leafiara, Chaoswynd says, "Yes, excellent idea. No telling what might be in the air, but deep breaths now."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Leafiara rebuts, "I don't see you moving away from the deadly gas!"

Chamorr heartily says, "It's the curse of Roblar."

Hapenlok says, "It's how it starts."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Puptilian says, "Reach out with your touch with nature. I can't feel anything living in the bay water."

Speaking to Cryheart, Ruffelin says, "Has a charnel stench ta it."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "It's all dead. All of it."

The pale side of a bloated dead fish appears just below the surface of the water, its cold, lifeless eye looking up as it bobs slightly.

Speaking quietly to Puptilian, Elphieya asks, "Everything in the bay?"

Hapenlok leaps off the docks and jumps into the waters of Darkstone Bay!

Stormyrain says, "...why."

Goldstr exclaims, "Yuck!"

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "That fish looks like it is really really bored."

Speaking to Puptilian, Chaoswynd says, "I was thinking earlier, there may be the possibility of runoff into the ground water and tributaries near the Bleaklands, draining into the bay."

Aynissa says, "Ugh. As if fish needed to be any less unappealing."

Claudaro says, "Yes, jump into the waters that are killing the fish..."

Cryheart says, "Well...cover your noses when Hap comes back."

Speaking to herself, Stormyrain murmurs, "I have no words."

Ruffelin says, "Och, I'd nay be dippin' e'en a toe in tha' water til we ken wha' is causin' this."

Eledryn asks, "If the fish are dying in the waters, what happens if a halfling is in the waters?"

Another bubble pops.

Hapenlok climbs out of Darkstone Bay and up onto the docks.

Hapenlok says, "Ugh."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Puptilian says, "It's possible but we would have seen that already. It's been a few years now."

Speaking to herself, Leafiara admits, "Did -not- expect to need to imbed some Purify Air spells for this particular war..."

Stormyrain says, "Can someone PLEASE toss some water his way."

Melikor says, "Meh."

Hapenlok says, "Don't even think it's a good idea to swim there."

Cryheart asks, "Ye dinnae retrieve the fish?"

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Puptilian says, "This is something more recent."

Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Hapenlok gestures.

Hapenlok hurls a stream of water at himself!

AS: +500 vs DS: +636 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +14 = -93

A clean miss.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Melikor says, "I would think not."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Stormyrain says, "..don't die."

Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Hapenlok gestures.

Hapenlok hurls a stream of water at himself!

AS: +511 vs DS: +436 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +61 = +165

... and hits for 37 points of damage!

Good blow to left arm!

He is stunned!

The water completely drenches Hapenlok!

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Pukk exclaims, "You can do it!"

Cryheart says, "That must hae gone right up his nose."

Another dead fish floats to the surface of the water.

Ruffelin says, "Um, surely there's easier ways o' cleansin' th' foulness."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Chaoswynd suggests, "You know, fire is the ultimate sanitizer."

Zosopage says, "I know the smell is bad but not suicidal bad."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Hapenlok says, "I think with this miasma, we may be able to set the river on fire, soon enough."

Goldstr asks, "Dis nae be good. Da Bleakstone so close?"

Speaking to Elphieya, Eledryn asks, "Might you be able to save me from the dead fish smell a little?"

Ruffelin says, "I cannae tell if tis jus' th' bay or if th' rain be smellin' foul as well."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Chaoswynd says, "I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "We need the council aware of this. We need to make arrangements with Solhaven now to send us food. Our farms alone will not sustain us."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Happy's response to everything...burn it!"

One by one, like stars bleeding into existance on the backdrop of night, the pale lifeless shapes of fish bubble up to the surface, soon numbering over a hundred or more until the stench is almost unbearable.

Cryheart whispers something to Goldstr.

Diamondelille says, "Mebee it makes fer bad mess in water."

Speaking to Puptilian, Stormyrain says, "I agree. We will make the Mayor aware as soon as possible."

Speaking to Pukk, Eledryn asks, "Burn it... with water?"

Zosopage says, "We are standing in the rain. The smell should be washed off fairly quick."

Stormyrain asks, "Can we please...move from here?"

Ruffelin says, "Och, wha' a mess."

Pietra says, "Good grief."


Undead in the Water

A dark form moves under the waters.

Speaking quietly to Eledryn, Pukk asks, "Didn't you hear what he just said?"

Hapenlok says, "Wait."

Evia says, "Wait."

Cryheart says, "Stars bleeding...that is powerful magics."

Zosopage says, "Then again..."

Elphieya quietly says, "Um."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Fish!"

Sofal says, "Found the fish."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Big fish!"

Elphieya quietly asks, "Did everyone see that?"

Stormyrain murmurs, "The damned demonfire is that."

Elphieya quietly says, "It did NOT look like a fish."

Cryheart says, "Be prepared."

Leafiara mischievously says, "Oh, I saw it alright."

One of the dead fish is suddenly pulled out of sight.

Zosopage asks, "Kraken?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Hungry big fish!"

Stormyrain says, "Prepare, everyone. Who knows what that is."

Speaking to Puptilian, Hapenlok says, "Make me float on water, please."

Elphieya quietly asks, "What feeds on dead fish?"

Goldstr says, "Less return to Moot Hall."

Hapenlok says, "Krakens."

Hapenlok says, "If we're unlucky."

Pukk quietly says, "Okay, I think you can fish now."

A second fish vanishes with a splash in the dark.

Puptilian says, "What ever is in there, it's not natural."

Ruffelin says, "Be on yer guard."

Pietra quietly says, "Beautiful."

Pukk quietly says, "Who ever has that rishing rod you should start fishing now."

Speaking to Puptilian, Aynissa says, "Yes, if it were natural... it would be dead."

Ruffelin says, "Anythin' tha' feeds on tha' filth cannae be good."

* Saranja just bit the dust!
Stormyrain asks, "Where is Saranja?"

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody hide behind Cryheart!"

Sofal says, "Um."

A third fish goes under.

Sofal says, "Where are people dying."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya says, "She went to hunt."

Dalabrac says, "Is something....in there."

Razanetika softly exclaims, "A third fish goes under!"

Cryheart says, "It looks like it."

One by one, the dead fish begin to drop under the water, taken or consumed by something.

Evia says, "One by one, dainty eater."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya says, "She is at the hidden plateau."

Dalabrac says, "Gross."

Razanetika softly asks, "Oh my goodness what's out there?!?"

Speaking to Elphieya, Eledryn says, "I don't like the looks of this."

Melikor says, "Something's hungry."

A dark form glides under the waters. It circles around a second dark form that moves about. Then a third, then a fourth.

Leviathoar says, "Someone jump in and check it out."

Speaking interestedly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "I think we're gonna find out."

Goldstr says, "Dis reminds me a dem sculpin fish."

Elphieya quietly says, "Umm."

Ruffelin exclaims, "Gads, prepare yerselves!"

Bernadette softly says, "And soonish."

Cryheart asks, "A pod of them?"

There is a faint clicking that seems to echo beneath the water.

Evia says, "So doesn't mind a smelly dead fish hmmm."

Eledryn asks, "Those aren't just sharks are they? And so close ashore?"

Pukk quietly asks, "Sharks?"

Stormyrain asks, "..what clicks like that?"

Shinann says, "Umm."

Cryheart asks, "Crabs?"

Leafiara curiously says, "Sure doesn't sound like sharks."

Shinann says, "Pyramid."

Chamorr heartily says, "Bleakstone bass."

Ruffelin says, "Those are nae sharks."

Hapenlok asks, "It couldn't be ....Kiramon?"

Leafiara sagely says, "Underwater kiramon."

Shinann asks, "Maybe?"

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya says, "Kiramon is the only I know that clicks."

Ruffelin says, "Och."

Sofal asks, "Clicking sharks?"

Stormyrain exclaims, "Underwater kiramon?!"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Goldstr exclaims, "May be dem Sculpin!"

Speaking to Shinann, Puptilian says, "Said that already."

Diamondelille asks, "Shark?"

Leafiara speculates, "I mean, it's possible."

Shinann says, "I stepped away."

Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclick. The dark forms number over a dozen now, gliding with long forms beneath the murky water.

Zosopage asks, "Ants that swim?"

Darconas melodically says, "Hm..."

Sofal says, "Could go for some giant crab legs."

Shinann says, "Think that is not it."

Stormyrain asks, "What the nightmare level of Luukos' sanctuary is that?"

Dalabrac says, "Gah, get that sound out of my head."

Pukk quietly asks, "Can you hear the shark clicking its jaws?"

Cryheart says, "We may find out."

Chaoswynd suggests, "Undead piranha?"

Aynissa warily says, "Those are ominous clicks."

Speaking quietly to Puptilian, Elphieya asks, "You said you sensed no life, do you still sense no life? Are they undead?"

In the distance, a fisherman cries out just as huge oily black serpents emerge from the water, coiling about his form and dragging him beneath the water. Fortunately for him, the flesh from his chest and face are already torn away almost instantly before he succumbs to the depths of the bay.

Ruffelin says, "Gads."

Evia says, "Oh crap."

Chaoswynd slowly says, "Oh... wonderful."

Hapenlok says, "...this is when the fun begins."

Fisherman go running for safety!

Stormyrain says, "...why."

Dalabrac says, "Here they come."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Run!"

Leafiara says, "Those remind me of the ones from Glaoveln... a bit."

Stormyrain says, "If you're not able to survive the Bowels or more, you may want to consider standing back a bit and defending."

Ruffelin yells, "Show yerselves, ye beasties, 'r be gone frae here!"

Speaking to Elphieya, Eledryn says, "I would do my best to protect you, but I think protecting you from THAT might be beyond my current skills."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Elphieya asks, "The square for healing and triage?"

Speaking to Elphieya, Stormyrain says, "If needed."

Elphieya quietly says, "I will be there."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Puptilian says, "We need to check up river. Maybe we'll have better luck of getting clean water there."

Speaking quietly to Elphieya, Eledryn says, "That, and to be honest, I think you might do better at the protectin'."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok asks, "Interesting way of blockading our port, eh?"

Zosopage asks, "How would we fight these serpents? Will they come onto land?"

Huge black forms swirl about the boat, finishing the remains of the fisherman's corpse. They click about, their oily black scales rising and falling beneath the water. They circle like sharks, then slowly stop when they realize their food is gone.

Goldstr says, "I sense da evil Witch's magics here."

Speaking to Puptilian, Chaoswynd says, "Perhaps so, depending on which river."

Pietra recites:

"Another Offering!"

One serpent seems to dispatch from the cluster, gliding towards the north dock. Soon the others turn, and follow.

Ruffelin says, "Och, I dinnae like th' looks o' tha'. Wha' I kin see o' it."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Stormyrain says, "Jump in now, see what happens."

Razanetika softly asks, "So... anyone want to go for a swim?"

Sofal says, "I think their next meal is here."

Aynissa softly says, "I bet they poisoned the river with their presence..."

Zosopage says, "Here they come."

Puptilian says, "Here they come."

Chaoswynd slowly says, "And here they come..."

Cryheart says, "Get ready."

Dalabrac says, "Here they come."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "I don't think i'll need to."

Like a tide of rolling shadows, a host of oily black serpents glide just below the surface of the water and towards the docks.

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

A haze of black mist gathers around Dalabrac as he prepares a spell...

Dalabrac gestures at a huge rotting black serpent.

A huge rotting black serpent pulses brightly as it absorbs the magic!

[combat begins]

Sofal exclaims, "Brace yourselves!"

[combat continues with several more serpents as people slowly adjust to them being both undead and magic-immune]

Hapenlok says, "Well."

[eventually the serpents are cleared out... of that room, anyway]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a bone-tipped fir arrow, a huge rotting black serpent that appears dead, a lanky fire wyrdling, the yellow Hapenlok disk, the Leviathoar disk, a striped lynx, a forest wolf, the Avalera disk, a circular ebonwood cart with some stuff on it, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Chamorr disk, the Zosopage disk, the Pukk disk, the Bernadette disk, the Timothe disk, a lanky ivory imp, a jubilant ocean spirit that is flying around, a spotted great horned owl, a white tiger, a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates, some huge wooden crates, some stacked piles of supplies, some large imperial ships and a huge grey imperial warship.

Also here: the body of Fionola who is lying down, Shinann, Hapenlok, Lord Leviathoar, Puptilian, Avalera, Falvicar, the body of Ariandae who is lying down, Yakushi, Lord Zephyrn, Goldstr, Lord Darconas, the body of Lady Mistyfall who is lying down, Chaoswynd, Stormyrain, Melikor, Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Stilehe who is lying down, Pukk, Bernadette, Sir Ruffelin, Dame Evia, Lord Chamorr, Zosopage, Timothe, Claudaro, Osloe, Grand Lord Dalabrac, Sir Cryheart

From nearby, you hear Pietra yell, "Come and get me, you writhing bastards!"]

Stormyrain says, "Well now."

Cryheart says, "Whew."

Zosopage asks, "Adrenal surge please?"

Stormyrain says, "There are some to the west."

You peer west and see ...

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see an iron-bound fel chest, a plain mithril chest, a battered silver box, a sleek raven that is flying around, a huge rotting black serpent, a white flask, a huge rotting black serpent, the Aerchodryn disk, the Otsakleia disk, a midnight blue faewood arrow fletched with dark crimson feathers and a painted ashen shop.

Also here: the body of Lord Gesaril who is lying down, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of Lady Tarine who is lying down, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, Aerchodryn, the body of Great Lady Katami who is lying down, Otsakleia

Cryheart says, "We hae deaders to tend."

Hapenlok says, "Well, she's finally done it. If that's her doing."

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain says, "Some to the west."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

Dalabrac says, "Completely absorbed my magic."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

Hapenlok says, "She's countered me, and people like me."

Puptilian says, "Rotting monsters just like the breaklands. This is the witch's doing."

[more combat with more serpents]

Hapenlok exclaims, "I'm casting elemental wave! hope you're all joined!"

Bernadette recites softly:

"Poison"

Falvicar quietly says, "Oof."

[more combat]

Melikor says, "They are immune to magic."

Osloe says, "I can't hit these."

Pietra sings:

"Down by th' dark waters

Writhing arms come

Time for your reckoning

Uhm.. yum!"

Bernadette softly says, "Poison."

Chamorr heartily says, "Blessin please."

[more combat all throughout]

Claudaro says, "Carry on, good efforts all."

Zosopage says, "Red spots."

Leafiara requests, "Adrenaline if anyone gets a moment... somehow?"

Zosopage says, "Lovely."

Darconas melodically asks, "Anyone healing?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Blessing please."

[more combat continues, along with people getting hit with the plague]

Red spots appear on Bernadette's skin suddenly. The edges are slightly raised and seem to be spreading rapidly.

Red spots appear on Pietra's skin suddenly. The edges are slightly raised and seem to be spreading rapidly.

Hapenlok says, "Well, I'll do what I can. But they're immune to the elements."

The ghostly voice of Timothe says, "Ouch."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Melikor says, "They seem to be immune to all magic."

[the room clears again]

Ruffelin says, "Thank ye fer th' healin."

Leafiara says, "Indeed..."

Chamorr heartily says, "Anyon spare a blessin."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

Osloe says, "I can't do anything."

Hapenlok says, "She's finally done it."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black serpent!

[more combat, more plague]

Leafiara mentions, "Also, some of you look infected."

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara exclaims, "Blessed!"

Hapenlok says, "I can unpoison."

[room clears again]

Pietra yells, "Bring it!"

Falvicar quietly says, "Healing."

Chamorr heartily says, "Thanks."

Hapenlok says, "I can't drag, because I'm injured."

Zosopage says, "Wow they swarmed fast."

Stormyrain says, "More to the west."

Falvicar quietly says, "M' legs."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Melikor says, "It's all I can do to help, at this point."

Darconas melodically asks, "Could use some healing...anyone?"

Speaking to Melikor, Stormyrain says, "It's very helpful." [casting Spirit Strike on her]

Leafiara says, "Yep... infections on many of you..."

Speaking to Cryheart, Stormyrain says, "West."

Sir Cryheart's group just went west.

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see a huge rotting black serpent, a huge rotting black serpent, a huge rotting black serpent, a huge rotting black serpent, a midnight blue faewood arrow fletched with dark crimson feathers and a painted ashen shop.

[more combat, more plague]

Stormyrain says, "Plague."

Evia says, "Ugh."

Yakushi says, "Anyone spare a cast of strength."

Leviathoar says, "I can't hit em."

Hapenlok says, "Well, hate to admit this, I'm going to need to fall back."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black snake!

Leafiara says, "Is there any pattern to those plagued..."

[more combat, more plague, but unlike the serpents...]

Leafiara says, "These aren't immune to magic."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra exclaims, "Who knows? It's chaos!"

Evia says, "Busted head."

Speaking clearly to Pietra, Leafiara says, "I can tell."

Chamorr heartily says, "I whacked one."

Bernadette softly asks, "Any healin?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Woo hoo."

Darconas melodically says, "Throw the statue into the waters! It's the statue's fault."

Osloe says, "Ouch."

Darconas melodically says, "Any healers? I'm a mess."

Leafiara says, "I'm seeing many warriors with the plague..."

Zosopage says, "Lovely."

[more combat, more plague]

Zosopage says, "Major poison."

Darconas melodically asks, "Are we making any progress?"

[more combat, now with serpents coming back in along with the snakes]

Vrom heartily says, "Yell for healing."

Darconas melodically exclaims, "I need healing!!!"

Osloe asks, "Any healing?"

Darconas melodically says, "Thanks."

Osloe says, "Thank you."

Bernadette softly says, "Poisoned."

Bernadette softly says, "Thanks."

Vrom heartily says, "Anyone else healing."

Vrom heartily says, "Before I clean up."

Chamorr heartily says, "Healin."

Vrom heartily says, "Anyone else need healing."

Hapenlok says, "Slightly wounded, here."

Cryheart yells, "How ye doing on the docks?"

Darconas melodically asks, "Any wizard strength?"

Bernadette softly asks, "Healin?"

From nearby, you hear Melikor yell, "Clear for now!"

Darconas melodically says, "Thanks."

Leafiara yells, "Clear here as well!"

Pietra says, "They seem to be dead on the docks."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black snake!

Leafiara yells, "Or not!"

[more combat, room eventually clears]

Cryheart says, "Your cart is getting splattered with rotten serpent."

Vrom heartily asks, "Anyone else? healing?"

Claudaro says, "She's restocking it."

Speaking nonchalantly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "We'll clean it off when we restock, yes."

Cryheart says, "Good."

Elphieya: "Are things calm at the docks now?"

Shinann: "Something is erupting from me... anyone else?"

Zosopage says, "That was a close one."

Leafiara: "Some others have been infected too, but not all."

Darconas melodically asks, "Is it over?"

Elphieya: "There is someone in TSC who has something similar."

Cryheart says, "We dinnae know."

Cryheart says, "But this has been the longest lull."

Pietra: "Yes I seem to have leprosy, but haven't sprouted any new blisters for a little bit."

Chamorr heartily says, "Thanks."

Leafiara: "It doesn't seem to be moulis tonight, at least."

Darconas melodically says, "I'm surprised I didn't get flattened."

Shinann: "All right. Just wanted others to know. Still happening."

Hapenlok says, "...what a pain in the ass."

Darconas melodically says, "I bet I'm dead next wave."

Pietra: "It's like the first round, the blisters popping and cracking bones."

Cryheart says, "Moving back to the docks."

Zosopage says, "I was losing blood really fast to poison. Sorry I had to run to get healed."

Hapenlok: "Happened to me, so far just my skin flaking and nodules."

Cryheart: "Group back on the north docks."

Yakushi says, "Thanks."

Shinann: "Same."

Leafiara: "The number of serpents and snakes does seem to be thinning out."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black snake!

[more combat]

Elphieya: "Are those infected needing tending where they are?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Zosopage says, "It will burst."

[more combat]

Hapenlok cheerfully says, "Boy, we're having fun now."

[more combat]

Hapenlok yells, "MAN DOWN!"

The ghostly voice of Bernadette softly says, "Bless the healers."

Avalera says, "Ugh."

Shinann asks, "Anyone hurt?"

Aynissa: "Oh dear. My apologies. I am still learning about this amulet and its properties."

The air undulates with a dizzying intensity!

Melikor seems hesitant, looking unsure of himself.

The air stops shimmering around Melikor.

Melikor's spirits are no longer lifted.

[a billion other dispelling messages, but basically all foreign spells were stripped from all present]

You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...

The bright luminescence fades from around you.

[etc.]

Darconas melodically says, "Uh..."

The atmosphere crackles and sparks of energy snap across the area!

Black tendrils of anti-mana climb over Melikor draining his power!

[and more of thise for everyone else present]

Black tendrils of anti-mana climb over you as you sense your mana being drained away!

Roundtime: 3 sec.

You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...

Cryheart says, "What."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black snake!

Darconas melodically says, "Well damn."

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black snake!

Avalera says, "Oh boy."

Osloe says, "Eek."

[more combat]

Zosopage says, "What th."

Yakushi says, "Hmm."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, that's no good."

The air shakes and twists as waves of irreality wash through the area!

Black tendrils of anti-mana climb over Melikor draining his power!

Melikor seems to slow down and become a bit less nimble.

[and so on for everyone else, even including...]

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a huge rotting black snake!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a huge rotting black snake!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a lanky ivory imp!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a white-eyed air wyrdling!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a white tiger!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a jubilant ocean spirit!

Black tendrils of anti-mana crawl over a spotted great horned owl!

[more combat]

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge rotting black viper!

[more combat, now with vipers included]

Hapenlok: "....someone go and DESTROY THAT STATUE....NOW."

Pietra: "Right??"

[more combat]

Pietra says, "Oh hell."

Leafiara: "Sounds like a job for some crimson orbs."

Vrom heartily exclaims, "Who needs healing!"

Cryheart asks, "Healing?"

Shinann says, "Done."

Cryheart says, "Thanks."

Hapenlok: "I'll be dropping meteors on it. If you lot don't do something about it."

The ghostly voice of Pietra says, "I did."

Leafiara: "Given the circumstances, I'm sure the town will find forgiveness in its heart."

Evia: "Not my call."

Ryndith: "What's this about a statue?"

The air shakes and twists as waves of irreality wash through the area!

Shinann flashes with a bright ethereal light!

Shinann seems to slow down and become a bit less nimble.

[and so on for others]

Hapenlok: "I want that merchant brought to me."

[more combat with a mix of all three creatures]

Cryheart says, "Healing."

Vrom heartily asks, "Who needs healing?"

Zosopage says, "Thank you."

Aynissa: "Is the mayor a forgiving sort? I was told it bears her likeness."

Hapenlok: "I should have seen it sooner."

Darconas melodically says, "Need healing."

Chamorr heartily says, "Any strength please."

Darconas melodically says, "Need healing badly."

Pukk: "Are all the serpents dead?"

Elphieya: "The timing is suspect if nothing else. Is this the statue that is causing it?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "You're probably going to lose it. Magic's gotten wild."

Some fishermen who try to still flee the docks are ensnared by some huge black serpents that emerge from nearby spots along the docks, and dozens of fishermen are torn asunder, their flayed bodies pulled back into the depths of the bay.

Leafiara: "It might be leading them here. I doubt it's creating them, though."

Shinann says, "Oh no."

Zosopage says, "This isn't good."

Elphieya: "Can we destroy it?"

Shinann says, "I am."

Elphieya: "Has anyone tried?"

Hapenlok: "Where did that bastard run off to."

Shinann says, "Not until I stop bleeding."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to find him and kill him."

Leafiara: "Cayde said he was going to stay at an inn, but I'd bet he's run off after this."

Cryheart asks, "Whom?"

Shinann says, "Thank you."

The waters beyond the docks begin to calm as the remaining rotting black serpents submerge themselves, gliding off underwater and out beyond the sea gate.

[all told, about 33000 lines of combat omitted]


==

Speaking melodically to Vrom, Darconas says, "Thanks for all the healing."

Hapenlok: "Find him. I'm getting angry."

Cryheart says, "It could be a coincidence."

Claudaro yells, "And stay out!"

Leafiara curiously observes, "They're in retreat... but... why?"

Vrom heartily exclaims, "Team together!"

Cryheart says, "I think tis all Raznel."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "The message was delivered."

Avalera: "I'd like to think this was a coincidence, given that the fishermen have had problems all week, but..."

Zosopage says, "Arrows to the west if any use them."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I suppose, but..."

Avalera: "It would really be a big one if it were."

Chamorr heartily says, "Wow, I dinna die."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "You weren't trying hard enough."

Speaking to Chamorr, Ruffelin says, "Well done."

Razanetika softly says, "That was horrible."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "I whacked two."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Dalabrac says, "Very."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Saranja says, "S'ok, I died twice."

Leafiara says, "On one hand, Disean gives a warning that the attacks will be worse if we don't back down. On the other hand, we haven't advanced on the witch since then and... this kind of attack will just push us to go all out."

Darconas melodically asks, "Seems like it's over now?"

Speaking to Falvicar, Shinann says, "I tried but that one was mean."

Elphieya: "I am not that strong, but I can't seem to do anything to this statue."

Razanetika softly says, "I tried dragging people away but the snakes followed and swallowed me."

Darconas melodically says, "They're tough ones..."

Cryheart says, "Good effort."

Ruffelin says, "I'm still ill at ease 'bout tha' statue. I dinnae like coincidences."

Aynissa: "Does it absorb magic?"

Bernadette softly says, "Aye."

Pukk: "Have you tried rubbing it?"

Darconas melodically says, "I think the statue is drawing them in."

Sofal says, "We got a few bodies out."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to look for that merchant."

Speaking to Falvicar, Shinann says, "It had a grip."

Darconas melodically says, "Let's toss it on a boat and sail it away into the bay."

Bernadette softly says, "Aye could be."

'Elphieya: "I tried touching it."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Falvicar says, "Even my sharp blade wasn't hurting it much surprisingly."

Cryheart says, "Dinnae start a war yet."

Zosopage darkly says, "Interesting theory."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Happy to look for Cayde!"

Hapenlok says, "No, I go alone."

Chamorr heartily says, "Take something from the bleaklands and put it in the middle of town."

'Elphieya: "I tried magic and physical attacks and it had no effect."

Speaking to Pukk, Melikor says, "He's long gone by now."

Ruffelin says, "Mayhap they're unrelated, a red herring as it were, but th' timin's tae suspicious."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Falvicar says, "But thank ye fer trying."

Speaking to Pukk, Shinann asks, "Why?"

Leafiara says, "But he said more wagons were on the way? Maybe we'd better intercept those before they get here..."

Speaking quietly to Shinann, Pukk asks, "It annoyed Happy?"

Speaking tiredly to Pukk, Saranja says, "Shut up."

Darconas melodically asks, "What happened to the larger group we had like half an hour ago?"

Darconas melodically asks, "Did they all die and disappear?"

Pietra says, "They died."

Shinann says, "We cannot just assume."

Dalabrac says, "They all died."

Cryheart says, "Let's not jump to conclusions yet...it could just be a coincidence."

Speaking quietly to Saranja, Pukk says, "I'm getting tired of you too."

Zosopage says, "Theories must be tested first."

Speaking tiredly to Pukk, Saranja says, "Excellent."

Claudaro says, "More like they left, for now. A great many went back to sea."

Darconas melodically says, "Lifes are at stake, no sense in not taking precautions."

Speaking to Shinann, Ruffelin says, "Nay, but 'tis unwise nae ta consider th' possibility, I fear."

Sofal says, "At least inspect them more out of town."

Elphieya: "Well, not sure if it is helpful, but the fortune teller is by the statue foreseeing doom and the blight of the world."

Leafiara admits, "To be fair, I carry lots of bleakstones on me and nothing's come chasing after me yet."

Ryndith: "More doomy and gloomy than the usual."

Avalera says, "The fishermen did say they've had problems all week."

Leafiara acknowledges, "So -maybe- it's just coinicidence."

Darconas melodically exclaims, "Well...maybe you should try fishing!"

Elphieya: "She says the fish are only the beginning."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Shinann says, "However, it has been happening to the fish before he arrived."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Bleakstones you say?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Ruffelin asks, "How large be yer stones, though?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Chaoswynd asks, "How would you even tell the difference from normal?"

Hapenlok: "...wonderful."

Sofal says, "I have had one since gold valley."

Speaking to Darconas, Zosopage says, "Yes but if we assume and are wrong the consquences could be just as bad."

Elphieya: "And that "it comes to swallow us all"."

Speaking confusedly to Chaoswynd, Leafiara asks, "What do ya mean?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Chaoswynd says, "Things are always chasing you."

Avalera says, "I also have one."

Speaking to Leafiara, Melikor says, "Perhaps."

Darconas melodically says, "Here, try eating one of these."

Speaking to Ruffelin, you admit, "Pretty small."

Cryheart says, "Well..it might be done."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ruffelin says, "Iffin ye carry 'em, they're small."

Speaking amusedly to Chaoswynd, Leafiara says, "Only when I go rile 'em up."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Saranja says, "Except Pukk."

(Pukk tries to look in Leafiara's pockets.)

Shinann asks, "How many of you have bleakstones?"

Leafiara: "The behemoths?"

Bernadette softly says, "Not me."

Speaking to Leafiara, Zosopage asks, "Not one attacked you?"

Speaking to Shinann, Melikor says, "I have the one."

Sentral heartily says, "Whoops."

Speaking heartily to Myasarie, Chamorr says, "Howdy my sister."

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "They attacked me. I mean before tonight nothing has."

Ruffelin says, "I carry a small 'un."

Elphieya: "It is the most I have heard her speak and offer on any subject without prompting."

Speaking melodically to Leafiara, Darconas asks, "Would you like an apple?"

Darconas offers Leafiara a glistening black apple.

Cryheart says, "I dinnae hae any bleakstone on me...and they attacked me."

Shinann says, "I just have a theory now."

Speaking to Darconas, Leafiara says, "Ahh, no thanks, I just ate three cookies and some cheese bread earlier tonight."

Ryndith: "Fortunetellers are mysterious. She said "Our future is bleak"... like actual bleak, or like Bleaklands?"

Vrom heartily asks, "I can be of service to anyone?"

Pietra: "She's truly learning her craft. Finally."

Vrom heartily says, "Mentally, physically or emotionally."

Speaking to Shinann, Ruffelin says, "A theory's 'bout all we hae ta proceed wi', at th' moment."

Speaking softly to Chamorr, Myasarie says, "Well met big brother."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Well, critters like attacking you....you're shiney."

Hapenlok: "I'm not quite ready to try dropping meteors on it yet."

Ryndith: "Or she's scared enough about what's happening to finally tell us what unseen things she knows."

Pietra: "It might backfire on you, Hap."

Shinann says, "I am going to look around to make sure there are no strays."

Zosopage says, "Good lure for them."

Shinann says, "I will call out if I find any."

Cryheart: "Hap, I would advise against that....stiff fines."

Elphieya: "Perhaps just physically move it out of town?"

Pietra exclaims, "That was exciting!"

Pietra says, "The leprosy was kind of gross though."

Cryheart says, "Ok..folks...I think we may be able to stand down."

Pietra says, "But I'm all better now."

Ruffelin says, "Is tha' wha' it was? Surely was disgustin'."

Zosopage says, "Well the sky has cleared. They may need the rain to be out of water."

Speaking musingly to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "That makes sense."

Speaking to Cryheart, Melikor says, "They have retreated."

Speaking to Ruffelin, Pietra says, "Like undead animated pimples or something."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "I think you should buy everybody some ale."


It's Hap-ing Again

Hapenlok: "Cryheart...Moot Hall now!"

Vrom heartily exclaims, "Aww, but I wanted to blast a few!"

Cryheart says, "I am a bit tired."

Hapenlok: "I need you to kill me!"

Cryheart says, "I think I need to find my bed."

Pietra asks, "Moot Hall...?"

Cryheart says, "Ok..moving to Moot."

Leafiara confusedly says, "Apparently Hap needs death."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Your mad little wizard is calling you."

Speaking to Cryheart, Zosopage says, "Hap is calling you to moot hall."

Elphieya: "Please hurry."

[travel]

Leafiara wryly says, "He's truly, truly gone insane tonight."

Elphieya: "I think Hapenlok is out of control."

Leafiara adds, "And I know that's saying a lot."

Leafiara: "We're on our way."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Rubyvatra says, "Is there one with magic powerful enough to bind Hapenlok? He appears to struggle with inner.. conflict."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Yakushi, Lord Darconas, Claudaro, Zosopage, Chaoswynd, Event Planner Leafiara, Lord Chamorr, Sir Ruffelin, Bernadette, Melikor, Pukk, Osloe, Timothe, Stilehe, Grand Lord Dalabrac, Sofal, Razanetika, Falvicar, Pietra, Jurist of Claw Sentral, Diamondelille, Avalera, Myasarie, Sir Cryheart, Aleid, a stunned Hapenlok who is lying down, Kasric

A circular ebonwood cart comes rolling slowly into the room and stops.

Sofal says, "At least the snakes did not get the snacks."

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 25 points of damage!

Back bursts into a spectacular display of flames. Bet it hurts too.

He is stunned!

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 20 points of damage!

Nasty burns to right arm. Gonna need lots of butter.

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.

Hapenlok drops dead at your feet!

Hapenlok just bit the dust!

Darconas melodically says, "What happened there."

Leafiara curiously says, "Well then."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "I didn't miss it!"

Pietra asks, "Did he set himself on fire?"

Elphieya: "He was still holding it together but barely when he told me to run."

Speaking to Pietra, Aleid asks, "Kinda?"

Speaking tentatively to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Is Raznel doing things to you again?"

Cryheart says, "I did advise against it."

Ruffelin asks, "Wha' th' void was tha'?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Rubyvatra asks, "What befell you while we were gone?"

Darconas melodically asks, "Did he try to hug the statue?"

Sentral heartily asks, "What was that?"

Elphieya quietly says, "He attacked the statue."

Aleid says, "His hands started glowing and he went poof."

Elphieya quietly says, "But so did I and nothing happened to me."

Speaking confusedly to Elphieya, Leafiara asks, "And it attacked back?"

Melikor says, "Hmm."

Pukk abruptly punches at a polished bleakstone statue!

Speaking to Elphieya, Ryndith says, "Maybe it didn't take kindly to elemental magics."

Speaking to Rubyvatra, Kasric says, "He burst right into flames."

Hapenlok's spirit howls in frustration!

Pukk quietly says, "I'm okay it seems."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Elphieya says, "He was just standin' here and started twitching and his hands were glowing."

Avalera says, "I have a feeling we can throw coincidence out the window."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "...she has arrived."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "And she is still in control."

Aleid says, "And went poof."

Speaking cautiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I see."

Sentral heartily says, "Hmmm."

Speaking carefully to a polished bleakstone statue, Rubyvatra says, "I do believe you are a 'gift' that might be best 'return to sender'."

Timothe says, "I cast at it earlier."

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Myasarie says, "Body be better just need the breath of life now."

Speaking to Pukk, Melikor says, "I'm telling Lylia that you punched her statue."

Timothe says, "And nothing happened."

Speaking to Kasric, Rubyvatra says, "Fire? Ah then Hapenlock will be cleansed and reborn."

Sentral heartily says, "Interesting what happened yes."

As Rubyvatra brandishes her redwood pole, lines of vermillion light flow from the tip to spell out "Burn bright enough to consume, only then can you be reborn." The lettering hangs briefly in midair before fading away.

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Is her influence gone? Should we even resurrect you?"

Speaking quietly to Melikor, Pukk says, "All for the good of the town.."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika asks, "Is he saying Raznel has control of him?"

Evia says, "Meh."

Pietra says, "What..."

Speaking to Razanetika, Leafiara replies, "I think he is. She's had control of him before."

Speaking to Leafiara, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "I do believe it should be fine. the message was sent."

Ruffelin says, "Be well, all. Mayhap th' morn will bring more information."

Avalera exclaims, "Poof!"

Speaking quietly to Vrom, Elphieya says, "Thank you."

Speaking to Pukk, Melikor says, "I hope she sees it that way."

Leafiara says, "Alright, well..."

Avalera says, "Ashes."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk exclaims, "Maybe that is the reason why he wanted to marry you? Maybe he was cursed too!"

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "I'd rather talk in corporeal form."

Shinann: "What got Hapenlok?"

Leafiara cautiously says, "Be on guard, everyone, just in case."

Pukk: "A statue."

Elphieya: "Raznel."

Leafiara: "Raznel's control, he believes."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "You know what to do."

Elphieya: "Seemed to be tied to the statue."

[resurrection]

Elphieya: "He was trying to work out how to destroy it when he started losing control."

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Rubyvatra says, "To be birthed of fire is a great honor."

Pietra: "Goodnight Cryheart."

Speaking in Sylvankind to Falvicar, Nairena exclaims, "Wake up, sleepy head!"

Zosopage asks, "Was she here in physical form or just in your mind?"

Leafiara says, "Well, so far so good... no second round of her mind assault."


Rekindling an Old Flame

Small embers of fire still rise from Hapenlok's form.

Diamondelille says, "Statue bad majik."

Razanetika softly says, "Um, alright."

Shinann asks, "What did the statue do?"

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Not the statue."

Aleid's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Quick, pour water on Happy!"

Aleid gestures at Hapenlok.

Aleid looks less calm and refreshed than a moment ago.

Water sprays forth and scours Hapenlok clean!

A large splash of water drenches Hapenlok from head to toe!

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara gestures at Hapenlok.

Holy water sprays forth and cleanses Hapenlok!

A large splash of water drenches Hapenlok from head to toe!

Timothe says, "Is it the statue or reaction to magic."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya asks, "No connection to what you did before things went wrong?"

Hapenlok angrily repeats, "Not. The. Statue."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "We should soak him more just in case!"

Hapenlok says, "It was her."

Hapenlok says, "...again."

Small embers still continue to rise from Hapenlok, lingering like glowing fireflies.

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Razanetika exclaims, "Just so we're clear... it wasn't me!"

Leafiara cautiously says, "Be on guard just in case."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Shinann asks, "She does not have your doll any longer, correct?"

Hapenlok says, "I was able to fight. To a certain extent."

Vrom heartily asks, "Anyone got scars I can mend?"

Ryndith chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...

Sentral heartily asks, "What's happening to Haplenok???"

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Not proved."

Myasarie softly says, "Nae sure that be a good thing."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Keep the water going until he stop smoking!"

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "One way or the other."

The small embers begin to swirl around Hapenlok.

Myasarie softly says, "Uhh oh."

Elphieya quietly says, "Umm."

Timothe's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Timothe gestures at Hapenlok.

Water sprays forth and scours Hapenlok clean!

A large splash of water drenches Hapenlok from head to toe!

Elphieya quietly says, "Swirling seems bad."

Razanetika softly says, "He's swirling again."

Leafiara slowly says, "... -just- in case."

Like flying darts, the motes of fire spin outward from Hapenlok in all directions, striking anyone nearby!

Speaking quietly to Timothe, Pukk says, "Good job, keep it up."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Nairena asks, "What's happening to that guy?"

Shinann suddenly bursts into flames!

Leafiara suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok says, "But ....I...have had enough of this."

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Timothe suddenly bursts into flames!

Sentral suddenly bursts into flames!

Leafiara exclaims, "Drop and roll!"

Speaking heartily to Nairena, Chamorr says, "Dunno."

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Speaking to Hapenlok, Chaoswynd suggests, "If you're going to explode again, perhaps give the statue a big hug and take it with?"

Darconas suddenly bursts into flames!

Yakushi suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Darconas melodically exclaims, "Stop drop and roll!"

Ryndith suddenly bursts into flames!

Rubyvatra suddenly bursts into flames!

Avalera suddenly bursts into flames!

Myasarie suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Nairena suddenly bursts into flames!

Sofal suddenly bursts into flames!

Chamorr suddenly bursts into flames!

Sentral heartily exclaims, "Wow!"

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Dalabrac suddenly bursts into flames!

Sentral suddenly bursts into flames!

Sentral suddenly bursts into flames!

Rubyvatra suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok says, "...no, NOT LIKE THIS."

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Sofal suddenly bursts into flames!

Darconas suddenly bursts into flames!

Myasarie suddenly bursts into flames!

Myasarie suddenly bursts into flames!

Osloe suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Okay, just to let everybody know...I'm hot!"

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Rubyvatra says, "This is the way to cleanse."

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Claudaro suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

Aleid suddenly bursts into flames!

From nearby, you hear Vrom yell, "North gate for heals!"

Nairena suddenly bursts into flames!

Leafiara mutters, "About losing my hands here..." [rolling others to put out the flames]

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Zosopage suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Leafiara yells, "Drop and roll!"

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Chamorr suddenly bursts into flames!

Chamorr suddenly bursts into flames!

Chamorr suddenly bursts into flames!

Chamorr suddenly bursts into flames!

Razanetika suddenly bursts into flames!

Razanetika suddenly bursts into flames!

Razanetika suddenly bursts into flames!

Razanetika suddenly bursts into flames!

Razanetika suddenly bursts into flames!

The ghostly voice of Rubyvatra says, "It is the greatest honor to be given to the flame and be reborn."

Sofal suddenly bursts into flames!

Sofal suddenly bursts into flames!

Sofal suddenly bursts into flames!

Leafiara suddenly bursts into flames!

Sentral swings an inlaid white eonake sledgehammer at Hapenlok!

AS: +576 vs DS: +290 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +46 = +367

... and hits for 153 points of damage!

Blow to eye impacts the brain.

Hapenlok twitches violently, then dies.

Hapenlok drops dead at your feet!

A small human child cries out, "Murder!". His mother then sends him off for the night watchman.

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

Pukk suddenly bursts into flames!

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Well, I spoke too soon."

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Osloe suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Vrom suddenly bursts into flames!

Osloe suddenly bursts into flames!

Osloe suddenly bursts into flames!

Osloe suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette softly says, "Bless Kai."

Melikor suddenly bursts into flames!

Melikor suddenly bursts into flames!

Melikor suddenly bursts into flames!

Melikor suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Bernadette suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Falvicar suddenly bursts into flames!

Avalera suddenly bursts into flames!

Avalera suddenly bursts into flames!

Avalera suddenly bursts into flames!

Avalera suddenly bursts into flames!

The fiery embers finally fade and burn out.

Melikor says, "Meh."

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "If ya ain't dead get out."

Zosopage says, "Stay low, seems to help."

Leafiara says, "Well, we... made it. Kind of."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see the Avalera disk, a pretty flower girl, the Myasarie disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Zosopage disk, a circular ebonwood cart with some stuff on it, a white-eyed air wyrdling, a jubilant ocean spirit that is flying around, a spotted great horned owl, a forlorn forest spirit that is flying around, a sleek white-bellied hawk, a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Shinann, the body of Falvicar who is lying down, Avalera who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Vrom who is lying down, the body of Rubyvatra who is lying down, Myasarie, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of Grand Lord Dalabrac who is lying down, Stilehe, the body of Timothe who is lying down, Osloe who is lying down, Bernadette who is lying down, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, Chaoswynd, Event Planner Leafiara, Zosopage who is lying down, Yakushi, the body of Claudaro who is lying down, the body of Aleid who is lying down, the body of Hapenlok who is lying down

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "If ya ain't dead get out."

The ghostly voice of Rubyvatra says, "The fire cleanses and from the ashes rise the worthy."

Leafiara weakly says, "Need... some healing... to start preserving."

Osloe asks, "Any healers?"

Speaking appreciatively to Shinann, Leafiara exclaims, "Thank you!"

Osloe says, "Thanks."

Avalera says, "Need healing so I can drag."

Leafiara says, "Okay..."

Leafiara weakly says, "Vrom first because... healer..."

Darconas melodically asks, "Is the fire thing over?"

Pietra says, "Dragging."

Zosopage says, "Call out if you need keeping."

Leafiara says, "But someone's with him..."

[after some time resurrecting...]

A small human child cries out, "Assault!". His mother then sends him off for the night watchman.

Speaking curiously to Razanetika, Leafiara asks, "Need a chrism?"

A nearby townsman hurries off screaming, "Hapenlok has committed endangering public safety!"

Leafiara says, "I guess we're reconvening to the west."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pietra says, "I don't think we should drag you to Town Square..."

Pietra says, "Might be a bad idea."

The ghostly voice of Falvicar quietly says, "Thank ye."

Speaking to Chamorr, Nairena says, "It takes fire to kill you."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Ryndith says, "Ruby can raise another if she is raised."

A group of town guards march by, shouting for Hapenlok.

Speaking in Guildspeak, the ghostly voice of Rubyvatra says, "Aye I can raise more."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Rubyvatra, Kasric says, "I can get you if ready."

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Poor Hap."

Speaking in Guildspeak, the ghostly voice of Rubyvatra asks, "Can I have a chrism?"

Hapenlok: "...no, not this time."

Zosopage says, "Cops were looking for Hap."

Speaking quietly to Ryndith, Pukk exclaims, "Thank you very much for raising me!"

Speaking to Pukk, Ryndith says, "Next time, roll."

Speaking quietly to Ryndith, Pukk says, "I was a little hot under the collar."

Hapenlok: "...okay, maybe this time."

Speaking to Leafiara, Nairena asks, "Are you okay?"

Speaking in Guildspeak, the ghostly voice of Rubyvatra says, "My chrism is in my robe."

Speaking to Nairena, Leafiara exclaims, "For the most part!"

Speaking in Guildspeak to Jennora, the ghostly voice of Rubyvatra says, "Thank you."

Speaking to Nairena, Leafiara admits, "But this was quiite a night."

Zosopage says, "Thanks for healing me while I was down."

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Elphieya says, "You're welcome."

Town guards can be seen dragging Hapenlok off to jail.


Bonus: Hap's Past

(Hapenlok's stammering stops, but his hands still shake uncontrollably.)

Hapenlok says, "....years ago. Cruxophim, and Maags and one other, had their powers sealed by Raznel."

Leafiara says, "I remember that part..."

Hapenlok says, "Well, when we found Raznel in Talador, we drove her off. But there's countless others, who had their blood harvested from Raznel's scarabs."

Hapenlok says, "Magister Svala was one of them, and apparently me."

Hapenlok says, "She made dolls in a lot of our likenesses."

Hapenlok says, "I was one of them."

Hapenlok says, "I supposed at the time, it was so she could take us out of play."

Hapenlok says, "When Raelee and I and others set an ambush for her."

Hapenlok says, "Pylasar found the dolls she left behind."

Hapenlok says, "Most of them destroyed theirs. I kept mine."

Leafiara slowly says, "Ahhh."

Hapenlok says, "Under the assumption that we could divine her location."

Hapenlok says, "The first Festival of Frost, I was mentally attacked."

Hapenlok says, "And my doll was taken from me."

Hapenlok says, "And one night during a battle, I found myself conjuring meteors on defenders."

Hapenlok says, "Most infamously, on the Faendryl Enclave."

Hapenlok says, "On two separate occasions."

Hapenlok says, "During the whole Blameless incident."

Hapenlok says, "Raznel was at Talador, but she fled in a bit of a hurry, I had assumed that her quarters might have had my doll."

Hapenlok says, "So, I decided to hurl a fireball at the statue tonight. And I started to twitch."

Hapenlok says, "That's usually the warning I get when she's deciding to take over."

Hapenlok says, "It's not mental."

Hapenlok says, "It's bound in blood."

Leafiara says, "Ahhhh..."

Hapenlok says, "That's what nobody understands."

Hapenlok says, "Cruxophim understands. And even Stormyrain might."

Hapenlok doubles over as he is wracked by uncontrollable convulsions!

Hapenlok says, "Every single time, I try to get some insight or a possible ....cure."

Hapenlok says, "Something happens that forces us to forget this problem."

Hapenlok says, "You just saw my potential tonight."

Leafiara says, "I did. This could be trouble."

Hapenlok says, "Untapped, uncontrolled potential."

Hapenlok says, "When I came to, I saw her."

Hapenlok says, "I'm sure it was an illusion. But she was sending a message."

Hapenlok says, "Forget what happened the other night."

Hapenlok says, "She won't allow us to interfere. She'll see to that."

Leafiara says, "Sounds about right."

Hapenlok says, "...o-one way....or a-a-another."

Hapenlok says, "The endgame has started."

Hapenlok says, "Make that clear to Thadston. This goes way beyond his son now."

Leafiara says, "Do or die."

Hapenlok says, "And I think...."

Hapenlok says, "I might need the bracers."

Leafiara frankly says, "I don't even intend to make it out of this alive myself, honestly."

Leafiara curiously asks, "The bracers?"

Hapenlok says, "The ones that they used on Grishom, to seal him."

Leafiara asks, "And... Thadston has those?"

Hapenlok says, "No, I think....Malvernus might."

Hapenlok says, "Or Pylasar."

Leafiara says, "Ah... going to need to speak with the Magister for Malvernus, then..."

Leafiara says, "But I'll bring it up in case it's Pylasar."

Hapenlok says, "I can't guarantee that my nervous system won't spontaneously regenerate under ....mysterious circumstances."

Hapenlok says, "But here's what you need to make clear to the battlefield healers."

Hapenlok says, "Bandage."

Hapenlok says, "Selectively heal me."

Hapenlok says, "Save me for last."

Hapenlok says, "I can't carry a blade like this."

(Hapenlok nods helplessly at his horribly tremored hands.)

Leafiara says, "But you do know the witch well... we can still use your mind, at least."

Hapenlok says, "I was careless."

Hapenlok removes a polished bleakstone from in his dark leather cape.

Hapenlok drops a polished bleakstone.

(Hapenlok can't hold on to the stone as he drops it.)

Hapenlok says, "...same effects that happened on Talador."

Hapenlok says, "The wild magic."

Hapenlok says, "Happened shortly after [Cayde] delivered the statue."

Hapenlok says, "...we're in trouble."

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh... you're right."

Hapenlok says, "And now...you have one less weapon in the fight."

Leafiara says, "I was thinking the serpents might be a coincidence, but the anti-magic in the air... that's really convenient."

Hapenlok says, "I've asked a lot of you tonight."

Hapenlok says, "But, I think we need to find Teuriz."

Leafiara says, "Would definitely help if we could... a few of us have brought him up before."

Hapenlok says, "I didn't exactly trust him. I don't really trust any of the Tehir. But he cured Maags."

Hapenlok says, "And that's enough for me."

Hapenlok says, "Even though we almost unleashed hell in the process."

Hapenlok says, "...oh the bats."

Hapenlok grins weakly.

Hapenlok says, "Among other things, bats attacked while we were engaged in the ritual to restore Maags."

Leafiara says, "Ahh..."

Hapenlok says, "I can't rely on the fact that we'll find my item."

Hapenlok says, "And I have no plans on remaining in this state indefinitely, like I did when Naimorai was playing her games with me."

Leafiara says, "The solution might just be what it's always been... kill Raznel."

Hapenlok says, "And I won't be going into exile."

Hapenlok says, "But, I'm going to have to leave it in the hands of others. I had a reminder tonight."

Leafiara agrees, "Don't retreat. Let her think she has a tool, but we'll take precautions."

Hapenlok says, "And if there's a way, get that damned statue out of here."

Hapenlok says, "Bring it to Pinefar if you have to."

Hapenlok says, "But get it far away from here."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to get my blades."

Leafiara wryly says, "Not my call or it would be gone already."

Hapenlok mutters, "For all the good that'll do me."

Hapenlok says, "I was out of practice before I burned out my nervous system."

Hapenlok scoots his chair back and stands up.

Hapenlok doubles over as he is wracked by uncontrollable convulsions!

Hapenlok growls something vile beneath his breath.

Hapenlok says, "Well, that's my report, in a nutshell."

Hapenlok stands up.

Hapenlok says, "I would have written it myself...but..."

Leafiara says, "I'll see that the word gets out."

Leafiara wryly says, "This is gonna be some night to report on, all things considered."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Do you understand the control i have to exert to keep from killing everyone, now?"

Leafiara says, "I... can only begin to understand."

Hapenlok says, "Pure pyromancy at its finest."

Hapenlok says, "Forget about that dirt lore."

Hapenlok says, "I've only dabbled."

Hapenlok says, "I don't like asking for help. But, I have grown somewhat fond of certain people here."

Hapenlok says, "At least I got Pukk."

Hapenlok smirks.

Hapenlok says, "Go. I think I need to go dunk my head in Lake Eonak for a while."

Leafiara says, "Well, that's certainly one way to delay some fire problems..."

(Hapenlok slumps down more, and starts to stutter badly again, the effort required to speak clearly having exceeded his limits.)

Leafiara quietly says, "I'm sure it's only little comfort, but... good luck out there."

Hapenlok says, "I saw her again, just make sure they're aware of that."

Hapenlok says, "She said nothing, but she grinned, and laughed."

Hapenlok says, "...she didn't need to say anything, I got the message."

Hapenlok doubles over as he is wracked by uncontrollable convulsions!

Leafiara says, "I'll report it all. Count on it."

Hapenlok weakly says, "And i'm out of the fight."

Hapenlok says, "And punch Cryheart in the face. He should have killed me before I did it to myself."

Hapenlok says, "That old man is so slow."

Leafiara says, "He's not always the fastest."

Hapenlok frowns.

Hapenlok says, "At least the person who ran when I told him to, ran."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "So, to sum up. What are you telling them?"

Hapenlok says, "I want to make sure you understand what they need to understand."

(Hapenlok struggles to his feet leaning on his runestaff heavily.)

Hapenlok stands up.

Leafiara says, "First the history of when she gained control of you in the past to rain meteors down, because you had your doll that's bound with blood magic..."

(Hapenlok nods shakily, and gestures for her to continue.)

Hapenlok says, "Need to either find some way of sealing my powers, or breaking the bind."

Hapenlok nods.

Hapenlok says, "I think the second might be safer, the first might utterly destroy me."

Leafiara says, "Then that you felt her influence again tonight when you tried to destroy the statue, and saw her grinning and cackling. You think the bracers used to seal Grishom might work on you to stop her from using you."

Leafiara says, "That Thadston needs to know this goes beyond saving his son..."

(Hapenlok nods.....but has a difficult time getting his head to stop bobbing.)

Hapenlok says, "Yeah, that might get the messenger killed."

Hapenlok says, "Best you have Pukk tell him that."

Leafiara says, "And to get the statue away. I'm... not sure we'll be able to convince Lylia of that one."

Hapenlok says, "You tell her I'll get myself healed and kill her myself if she doesn't."

Hapenlok says, "Or hire Draccor to do it for me."

Hapenlok asks, "She was aware that statue was coming?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I don't know, but it does seem like the kind of thing someone would have to commission."

(Hapenlok half frowns half sneers.)

Hapenlok stands up.

Hapenlok grunts.

Hapenlok says, "The Bleaklands are coming here."

Hapenlok says, "And lest you forget."

Leafiara says, "Sure seems like it."

Hapenlok says, "The Shadow world is coming closer over in Talador."

Leafiara says, "Definitely haven't forgotten that either."

Leafiara says, "Pylasar better have some pretty crazy memories buried away for us to find."

Hapenlok says, "I'm beginning to think that Raznel manipulated Cross into that whole thing, as well."

Hapenlok says, "Not just ....everyone in Talador."

Hapenlok says, "But that's the past."

Hapenlok says, "Forget it. Not relevant."

Hapenlok says, "Or maybe, but it's not helpful relevant."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to get my back-sheath and my blade."

Hapenlok says, "Go. Start writing."

Leafiara says, "I'm on it. Writing down all kinds of chaos tonight..."

Leafiara says, "Reports should be out some time tomorrow."

Hapenlok asks, "Oh, and if you want the perspective on the powers being sealed?"

Hapenlok says, "And the perspective on that night we ambushed Raznel."

Hapenlok says, "I'd suggest speaking with Svala. Or Mires."

Leafiara says, "I'll look into that full story another time, perhaps, but I am wondering something..."

Hapenlok says, "I gained trust and respect for Malvernus and his abilities that night."

Hapenlok says, "Also, Maags."

Leafiara asks, "Did it hurt? To be cut off from magic?"

Hapenlok says, "For me? I voluntarily sealed myself once."

Leafiara says, "I've been thinking about it, and if she seals off anyone's powers again... I don't want that to delay our war, to take time out to cure anyone."

Hapenlok says, "But, after many years, I've gotten too powerful to cut my own abilities off."

Hapenlok says, "It's the problem with the bracers, I see."

Hapenlok says, "If you activate them, the stored energy has to go somewhere."

Hapenlok says, "And you saw what I did tonight."

Leafiara says, "Ahhhh."

Hapenlok says, "I think all the practitioners of Blood Magic are going to need to get together on this."

Hapenlok says, "Maybe even a learned scholar or three."

Hapenlok says, "And a crazy former Grand Magister."

Hapenlok says, "This needs to stop. One way or another."

Hapenlok says, "Anyway, time to go arm myself."

Leafiara says, "This is gonna get real bad before it gets better, no doubt. Strange allies."

Hapenlok says, "...not Goblyn though."

Hapenlok says, "Her talking around of things makes me want to punch babies."

Hapenlok says, "Her circular logic...if you can call it that."

Hapenlok mutters, "No...it'll have to be Goblyn."

Hapenlok says, "...good night."

Leafiara wishes, "Rest well, Hap, if you can."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Kelyn or veil iron?"

Hapenlok says, "Think fast."

Leafiara says, "Veil iron."

Hapenlok says, "I knew you'd say that."