Witchful Thinking - 5119-08-03 - Fall Together Now, Concert of Chaos

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Phoenatos 3-4, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Undead roltons, gaks, and velnalin rush the Landing gates. The two groups of frontline defenders, though largely unharmed by them, can't kill the animals quickly enough to stop them from getting into town, forcing some to splinter off to protect those inside the gates.
  • The groups split up further as the magic-immune sea serpents return and attack the docks. Then they split up even further as scarabs break the safety in Town Square Central and kill everyone there, driving the triage team out to the Voln monastery. Then they split up still further as ghouls emerge from the graveyard by Lorminstra's temple.
  • All forces take a stand as Thadston leads a charge of militia members into the streets against the many creatures, the Rooks fire arrows down to stop the ghouls from advancing into Shanty Town, a masked figure in white with Rone-like gauntlets escorts townspeople to safety, and Thrayzar flies into a rampage.
  • The ground trembles violently, shattering windows throughout the Town Square areas. The rumbling grows strongest in Town Square Northeast, where adventurers gather to observe. A jagged fissure opens up, releasing foul mist similar to the Bleaklands, driving some of those present into brief fits of madness and hallucination. Soon more trembles rock Town Square Southwest, opening up another fissure there. And still more trembles rock Noth Ring Road, opening a third fissure outside the militia barracks.
  • Moulis infections hit, as do maggot infestations pouring out of townspeople's faces, killing them. Thadston reports moving civilians out and far away. Things slowly calm down as adventurers clear out the remaining creatures; Maylan gets turned into a frog during what's left of the battle, but a timely kiss from Cruxophim restores her.


Highlights

The dark of night begins to slowly fade, the sky above gradually bleeding away to hold a deep ruddy hue like the shade of old blood.
Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I'll start walking around.  If it's raining blood we may want triage inside..."
Leafiara curiously says, "It's not raining at all, never mind blood rain."
Leafiara concedes, "...yet."
The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.
Blood rain completely obscures the sky.
Lyrna mutters, "Ask for rain."
Elphieya quietly says, "I really need to invest in an umbrella."
Hapenlok says, "...I'll be wandering around outside the gate."
Hapenlok says, "I'm going to check a couple of her former hiding spots."
Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya asks, "Are you sure you going off on your own is a good idea?"
Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya asks, "Since you have that....doll problem?"
Speaking to Elphieya, Archales says, "I think it's for the best."
Archales says, "Away from the rest of us."
Shinann removes a ruby-inlaid onyx hourglass from in her soft suede cloak.
Shinann turns the onyx hourglass over.
Shinann put a ruby-inlaid onyx hourglass in her soft suede cloak.
Speaking musingly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Time isn't running -that- short."
Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Some Elves are long lived, some humans are very stubborn, some dwarves are good at mining...Pukk is good at getting people to join you."
Pukk quietly says, "I really should get a title of herald or something since I'm always announcing things and having people join people."
A green-eyed black cat says, "The town crier or village idiot both have a nice ring to it."
Puptilian: "If it's the witch the last few times she attacked from the bay so maybe want to keep an eye at the docks.  I walked by and it's quiet so far."
Jiarine: "I did smell rotting fish not long ago."
Maylan: "Harrrr that's me."
Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Evia says, "You should request just a little bit of a blood-rain hood to protect yourself."
A green-eyed black cat says, "I'll protect the owl...."
Falvicar quietly says, "Owl bet."
Balley softly says, "I need to get a better coat."
Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Me too."
Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Though I just had this one made."
Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Ivory...well, used to be."
Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "It's a lovely shade of "we're all going to die" red now."
Pietra: "They are in town. At Thraks."
Maylan: "Perhaps they want a drink."
Maylan: "Or a lecture from an old fat warrior."
Pukk: "Voln warned us this would happen one day!"
Maylan says, "PROTECT SHANTY TOWN AT ALL COSTS."
Neopuron exclaims, "Yeah my house is there!"
The ground trembles again. Windows along buildings near Town Square Centra shatter outward, casting thousands of glass fragments along the cobbled roads as townspeople run screaming.
Dergoatean: "Here come the megaroaters."
Hapenlok: "I'll rejoin as soon as I'm able. I just burned out my nerves fighting a dozen of those damned ghouls."
Hapenlok: "...flat on my back."
Hapenlok: "Which is somewhat amazing."
Xorus says, "I feel it is best that we stand as close to the cracking ground as possible."
A foul odor seems to rise up from the ground along Town Square Northeast.
Ysharra says, "Much worse than Xorus..."
Xorus says, "I will be the judge of that."
Maylan: "I am triumphantly defending TSC against erm...oh hey a donut."
A foul odor seems to rise up from the ground along Town Square Northeast.
Darconas melodically exclaims, "I bet you that's Leafiara!"
Leafiara tosses her silken handkerchief high with cheeky abandon, sprinkling the air with a hint of cookie dough, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate as it floats gently back into her hand!
Speaking to Darconas, Leafiara says, "No, -that's- me."
One by one, cobblestones along Town Square Northeast are torn asunder as a jagged fissure opens up along the ground, clawing into existance as it stretches from one side of the road to the other like a vicious wound.  Mist seems to swirl about within it, rising and falling and drifting about.
Chaoswynd slowly says, "...I don't believe this construction has been approved by the council..."
Raelee's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.
Speaking to Raelee, Stormyrain asks, "..hungry?"
Pietra's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.
Darconas's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.
Stormyrain says, "...damnit."
Kasik: "I'm stuck at the temple if someone wants to kill the ghouls trapping me."
Kasik: "I think they like fresh meat cause there's 6 of em waiting for me."
A green-eyed black cat says, "Protect the food cart at all costs."
Speaking to a green-eyed black cat, Leafiara exclaims, "You know it!"
Shinann stares at Leafiara.
Some townspeople can be seen stumbling about in the open streets, clawing at their faces, leaving bloody, deep wounds along their skin.  They scream and writhe and cry out in pain and for help.  Then one by one, their faces erupt outward, flesh spraying like broken glass as swarms of glistening white-grey maggots spill out from the wound, dropping to the ground just as the townsperson's corpse lands with a thud.
Talonhawke: "Well, it'll help with the crop shortage at least, maggots are high in protein, and less mouths to feed?"
Dergoatean: "Always look on the bright side of life."
Dergoatean: "Er, well, death in this case."


Log

Bracing

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Dame Evia, Slimeface, Ithrayn, Land Pirate Maylan who is sitting, Dergoatean, Guarrin, Shinann, Musix, Nimaera, Aeleth, Chaoswynd, Snowbee who is kneeling, Event Planner Leafiara, Hapenlok, Sir Cryheart, Archales, Giocoso, Stormicore, Soneiken, Avalera, Elphieya who is sitting, Mistress Ghianna, High Lady Saranja, Eyona, Lyrna, Mistress Lyddia, Skoal, Lady Carolanne, Helsfeld, Stormyrain, Kleef, Puptilian, Lord Chamorr, Bernadette, Falvicar, Zosopage, Gypsy Scribe Balley who is sitting, Pukk, Ralkean, Grel

The dark of night begins to slowly fade, the sky above gradually bleeding away to hold a deep ruddy hue like the shade of old blood.

Balley softly says, "Um."

Leafiara curiously says, "Hm."

Evia chants, "Burn the Witch!"

Carolanne says, "Crap."

Elphieya quietly says, "Well, that's ominous."

Balley softly says, "Not good."

Carolanne says, "Time to hide."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara assures, "It's time!"

Falvicar quietly says, "Here we go."

Hapenlok quietly says, "...she's near."

Balley softly asks, "You think she is near?"

Cryheart feeds a pale-faced coppery barn owl the last of his fine raw meat.

Speaking raspily to Balley, Hapenlok says, "Yes."

Speaking confidently to Balley, Leafiara says, "Bet on it. Or at least her armies are."

Cryheart says, "There ye go Owly, meat to fly higher."

Balley softly says, "Not good."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Puptilian says, "I'll start walking around. If it's raining blood we may want triage inside..."

Avalera says, "Well, that's not ominous or anything."

Leafiara curiously says, "It's not raining at all, never mind blood rain."

Leafiara concedes, "...yet."

Lyrna says, "Not yet."

Puptilian says, "Everyone pleave have your amulet on. I'll call out if I see anything."

Thrassus: "Well now, doesn't that look ominous?"

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Saranja quietly asks, "Bug rain?"

>look up

Blood rain completely obscures the sky.

Speaking to Saranja, Maylan says, "WHAT."

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Oh, there it is."

Stormyrain says, "Looks like rain isn't far behind."

Lyrna mutters, "Ask for rain."

Leafiara exclaims, "Blood rain it is!"

Elphieya quietly says, "I really need to invest in an umbrella."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Time to prep!"

Balley softly says, "Blood rain is definitely not good."

Pietra says, "It's salty."

Lyrna mildly says, "Certainly not my preference."

Elphieya quietly says, "And hard to get out of your hair and clothes."

Hapenlok says, "I've been covered in blood before."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart if you're not already joined...or if you are Happy"

Speaking sagely to Lyrna, Leafiara says, "This is why I invested in a red cape."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya says, "I prefer to have the blood on me be from helping others."

Lyrna stares at Leafiara.

Lyrna chuckles.

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya says, "Rain should be cleansing. not bloody."

Speaking insistently to Lyrna, Leafiara exclaims, "Well, it is!"

Lyrna says, "I believe you."

Hapenlok says, "...I'll be wandering around outside the gate."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to check a couple of her former hiding spots."

Speaking quietly to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Some Elves are long lived, some humans are very stubborn, some dwarves are good at mining...Pukk is good at getting people to join you."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya asks, "Are you sure you going off on your own is a good idea?"

Maylan: "There may be trouble brewing in the Landing. If any wordly defenders care to come our way, I'm sure it would be appreciated."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Elphieya asks, "Since you have that....doll problem?"

Cryheart: "All scouts keep us apprise of any sightings."

Speaking to Elphieya, Archales says, "I think it's for the best."

Evia says, "Ugh."

Archales says, "Away from the rest of us."

Speaking to Elphieya, Hapenlok says, "Safer for both of us."

Bernadette softly says, "Blood comin."

Puptilian: "Walked the town and outside and so far quiet."

Speaking to Elphieya, Hapenlok says, "I don't have to worry about holding back as much, on my own."

Lylia: "Good evening. Though perhaps not such a good one...the sky has a look I do not like."

Chaoswynd offers Stormyrain a branded leather and faenor flask.

Speaking heartily to Archales, Chamorr says, "Howdy Arch."

Hapenlok: "...she's near."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain says, "Can't manage to take a sip without getting blood in my mouth. No thank you."

Maylan: "Yarrrrrrrrrrrr."

Elphieya quietly says, "May whatever Arkati you worship be with you then."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Chaoswynd says, "Fair point."

Falvicar: "Are there demons nearby?"

In a fair imitation of Archales, Pukk quietly exclaims, "Watch the flank, tighten up the ranks........MEND the bond!"

Eyona: "Yes."

Speaking quietly to Archales, Pukk says, "I covered it all for you."

Speaking to Chamorr, Archales asks, "Evening Chamorr are you leading the charge tonight?"

Hapenlok: "....not yet."

Speaking heartily to Archales, Chamorr says, "Spurs is got it."

Shinann removes a ruby-inlaid onyx hourglass from in her soft suede cloak.

Shinann turns the onyx hourglass over.

Shinann put a ruby-inlaid onyx hourglass in her soft suede cloak.

Speaking musingly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "Time isn't running -that- short."

Pukk quietly says, "I really should get a title of herald or something since I'm always announcing things and having people join people."

Speaking amicably to Pukk, Leafiara agrees, "You should."

Puptilian: "If it's the witch the last few times she attacked from the bay so maybe want to keep an eye at the docks. I walked by and it's quiet so far."

Pukk quietly says, "I mean we have Sir Shiny and Sir Ruffy, and Dame Evia and Grumpy Happy."

A green-eyed black cat says, "The towncrier or village idiot both have a nice ring to it."

Speaking to Pukk, Ghianna says, "Not Herald...Melvin."

Speaking to Pukk, Evia says, "Or we could all just call you Herald, or Harry."

Jiarine: "I did smell rotting fish not long ago."

Avalera says, "Ugh."

Maylan: "Harrrr that's me."

Avalera says, "Sticky."

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Evia says, "You should request just a little bit of a blood-rain hood to protect yourself."

A green-eyed black cat says, "I'll protect the owl...."

Falvicar quietly says, "Owl bet."

Pukk quietly says, "Pretty awful rain."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Saranja quietly says, "Lyrna... focus on the task, love."

Stormyrain nods slowly at Alasatia.

Stormyrain points at Chaoswynd.

Stormyrain points at Alasatia.

Stormyrain adopts an agreeable expression.

Alasatia cocks her head at Chaoswynd.

Chaoswynd gazes in amusement at Stormyrain.

Alasatia studies Chaoswynd with an excruciating intensity bordering on indecency.

Stormyrain grins crookedly.

Alasatia nods approvingly at Stormyrain.

Stormyrain gazes in amusement at Alasatia.

Stormyrain preens.

Alasatia grins crookedly at Stormyrain.

Chaoswynd amusedly says, "I think that's Storm's roundabout way of introducing us."

Stormyrain laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Chaoswynd grins at Alasatia.

Stormyrain agrees with Chaoswynd.

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Alasatia agrees, "I think so."

Pukk quietly says, "It's quiet......too quiet."

Maags looks thoughtfully at Shinann.

Ruffelin says, "Tis understandable when yer spattered wi' blood in battle, but ta hae it rain down on ye frae th' clouds is disconcertin' in th' extreme."

Maags says, "Well usuallies."

Balley softly says, "I need to get a better coat."

Speaking suspiciously to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Where are the beetles or serpents or worms or Blameless or demons or..."

Balley softly says, "Protect me from the weather a bit better."

Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Me too."

Leafiara concludes, "Well, you get the point."

Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Though I just had this one made."

Balley softly says, "Shhh."

Cryheart says, "Listen carefully for any skittering."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I know right....I mean, what is a night in Landing without a scarab popping out of the ground and eating Happy."

Speaking deeply to Ruffelin, Guarrin says, "Reason for the color."

Evia chants, "Burn the Witch!"

Speaking in Elven, Eyona complains, "Get on with it already.."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "What I ask you...what?"

Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "Ivory...well, used to be."

Speaking to Guarrin, Ruffelin says, "Good choice, lad."

Speaking quietly to Balley, Elphieya says, "It's a lovely shade of "we're all going to die" red now."

Speaking to Guarrin, Evia says, "Clever color choice for here."

Pukk quietly asks, "Maybe we can get Dreaven to cast some spells in TSC for us?"

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin says, "I've learned a thing or two over the years."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara reminds, "Lately they've just been getting dispelled anyway..."

Speaking dejectedly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Oh yeah."

Maags says, "I has not had this manies magics on me in a veries long time."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I'm glad I visited the temple and got more favor with Lorminstra."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Although, she knows me by sight now."

Speaking amusedly to Pukk, Leafiara agrees, "I bet."

Elphieya quietly says, "Careful out there. The night is not looking very safe..."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maags exclaims, "Readies!"

Cryheart says, "Same."


Contact

A guard from the north gate towers shouts, "I see something...."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a reinforced wooden defense tower and the Wayside inn.

Also here: Ysharra, Melikor, Xorus, Soneiken, Lord Zolis, Sofal, Razanetika, Skoal, Maags, Dergoatean, Tetreves, Yakushi, Sir Ruffelin, High Lady Saranja, Avalera, Guarrin, Eheylien, Vancudais, Rhayveign, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Krizualt, Dame Evia, Land Pirate Maylan, Shinann, Chaoswynd, Archales, Elphieya, Lyrna, Mistress Lyddia, Helsfeld, Stormyrain, Lord Chamorr, Bernadette, Falvicar, Zosopage, Pukk, Sir Cryheart, Event Planner Leafiara

Leafiara musingly says, "He may see something, but I sure don't yet."

Ysharra says, "I'm sure it'll be here soon enough."

Lokirro says, "Oh boy."

Cryheart: "Defenders at north gate."

Speaking to her drunken chinchilla, Maylan says, "Hide friend, HIDE."

A decaying rot-filled gak charges in, flaring her nostrils angrily!

Lokirro says, "Everyone's gonna die again."

A decaying rot-filled gak charges at Ysharra with its tusk!

Ysharra evades the attack by inches!

A decomposing worm-covered rolton ambles in.

A rotting bloated velnalin trots in, snorting to announce her arrival!

Leafiara says, "Curious."

Puptilian: "I'll watch the west gate if any want to keep an eye on it with me."

[combat; room clears]

Evia says, "Dang, nasty."

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Those were roltons with a mission!"

Pietra says, "Smelly."

Stormyrain: "North gate was attacked by undead wildlife."

Puptilian: "Need help."

Ruffelin says, "Well, e'en if ye cannae see 'em, ye kin surely smell 'em."

Dergoatean says, "I'll scout a bit. Send a thought if north gate needs reinforcements."

Maags says, "Better."

Leafiara acknowledges, "Not exactly her most threatening opening salvo ever, but... they were a bit ugly, I'll give them that."

Xorus disgustedly says, "Gaks."

Falvicar: "Where?"

Pukk quietly asks, "Ooh, I wonder if we will see a bunch of kobolds?"

Stormyrain: "West gate."

Maylan: "Man the towers!"

Dergoatean: "They're at west gate too."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decomposing worm-covered rolton that is lying down, the Dergoatean disk, a long thorny vine, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a forest wolf, a tall wooden archery tower and a reinforced large wooden gate.

Also here: Pukk, Zosopage, Falvicar, Bernadette, Lord Chamorr, Helsfeld, Mistress Lyddia, Lyrna, Elphieya, Archales, Chaoswynd, Shinann, Land Pirate Maylan, Dame Evia, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Rhayveign, Vancudais, Eheylien, Guarrin, Avalera, High Lady Saranja, Sir Ruffelin, Yakushi, Tetreves, Maags, Razanetika, Sofal, Jiarine, Lord Zolis, Soneiken, Xorus, Melikor, Ysharra, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Tsarok, Hapenlok, Lord Drakkler, Sir Cryheart, Event Planner Leafiara, Mayor Lylia, Dergoatean, Stormyrain, Puptilian

Puptilian says, "Join up."

[combat; room clears]

Speaking to Cryheart, Puptilian says, "Keep the north gate."

Lylia: "The West Gate is secured."

Evia: "Ring the alarm Maylan!"

Maylan: "I FORGOT THE ALARM."


Breakaway

Cryheart says, "Ok..we need to split the groups to cover both West and North gates."

Elphieya: "Is a triage going to need to be set up?"

Dergoatean: "Ring roads clear at this time."

Cryheart says, "Stance offensive."

Speaking eagerly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Most definitely."

Cryheart: "Anyone at North gate?"

Stormyrain: "Yes. Due to the blood rain, I will leave it up to the healers whether TSC or the Inn are more appropriate."

Maylan: "Triage will be in TSC and at Voln."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Remember, if you see kobold trying to invade, don't aim at Happy, no matter how much you get confused!"

Puptilian says, "If some will stay with me, the north gate will need help too."

Pietra says, "I'll take a group to North gate."

Saranja quietly says, "Yona." [died elsewhere, because animals are getting through the gates]

Maylan: "North gate is clear."

Stormyrain: "It is not."

Leafiara says, "They've gotten in the gates. Just a moment."

[Leafi goes rescuing]

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a decaying rot-filled gak, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, the town gates and a large wooden barrel. Also here: the body of Lokirro who is lying down, the body of Eyona who is lying down

Stormyrain: "Clear now."

Maylan: "Odd, I must be staring out the wrong window."

Cryheart: "We need a few just to watch and defend the North gate."

Stormyrain: "I have the North Gate."

Talonir: "Run for you lives!"

Stormyrain: "I can use more help if west gate can spare them. Join Vancudais."

[combat, but the anmals have too much health for someone to solo without either Pain or incredible patience]

Leafiara: "Some are making it inside the gates."

[combat abandoned, corpse dragging]

Dergoatean: "Plenty of gaks at north gate. A few velnalins now too."

Cryheart: "Some of ye patrol just inside the north and west gates."

Maylan: "Man the ballistas!"

Dergoatean: "Or woman!!"

Lylia: "Join Puptilian at the West Gate for its defense."

Maylan: "Woman the ballistas!"

[TSC triage]

Cruxophim: "Person the ballistas!"

Stormyrain: "Just shoot the damned things already."

Dergoatean: "Or Crux!"

Speaking to Yrrk, Maags exclaims, "Lives to defend the life yous loved ones!"

Cryheart: "How is the north gate?"

Stormyrain: "Busy."

Leafiara roars, "To the battlefield!"

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that appears dead, a roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten, the Dergoatean disk, a spotted great horned owl, the Eheylien disk, the cauldron-shaped Vancudais disk, an animated halberd hovering in mid-air, a short-haired black cat, a fluffy white cat, a reinforced wooden defense tower and the Wayside inn.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Sir Ruffelin, Lord Chamorr, Dergoatean, Chaoswynd, Stormyrain, Eheylien, Vancudais

[combat]

Puptilian: "Need help?"

Stormyrain: "Holding for now."

Cryheart: "Got enough up there?"

Hapenlok: "LEAFI, get back here, I got a body!"

Leafiara: "I can only raise every so often and I just did!"

Chaoswynd: "Things seem under control at the north gate, for now."

Hapenlok: "...triage him, I can't disengage."

Leafiara: "We have to stop the advance at the gates and just inside the gates or there'll be more bodies to come!"

Puptilian: "West gate busy but under control for now."

Jiarine: "I am collecting a large group of my own that need to die."

Dergoatean: "Undead animals on north ring road as well."

Leafiara: "You're just the right one for the job, Goat."

Cryheart: "Gak went through west gate."

Dergoatean: "The poor uniformed doorkeeper..."

Pietra: "They are in town. At Thraks."

Maylan: "Perhaps they want a drink."

Maags: "They are all over town."

Maylan: "Or a lecture from an old fat warrior."

Shinann: "They are getting into town."

Dergoatean: "Sorcerers - Pain is recommended. They take a lot of punishment."

Cryheart: "Group inside of west gate."

Cryheart: "Do we hae a group inside of north gate?"

Leafiara: "Small group still defending north gate."

Stormyrain: "No."

Leafiara: "Not inside, no."

Stormyrain: "Just outside it."

Stormyrain: "Nothing straight inside that I see."

Maylan: "Goat, Flapjack, and myself are attempting to clean up."

Puptilian: "I sent a few inside the gates to clean up inside. West Gate is holding though."

Maylan: "But we are spread out."

Cryheart: "Group is patrolling between north and west gate."

Hapenlok: "...anyone have eyes on the docks?"

Dergoatean: "The dead animals move very quickly from place to place - they slip through the gates easily."

Pukk: "Voln warned us this would happen one day!"

Elphieya: "Speaking of Voln. How is the healing situation there?"

Tetreves: "At least two healers at west gate."

Dergoatean: "Docks are clear, their pylons inactive, and quiet in Darkstone Bay itself."

[Leafi checks on the triage situation and west gate, then returns to north gate]

Maylan: "Inside north gate is getting overrun!"

Puptilian: "How is the north gate?"

Stormyrain: "Busy, still."

Pietra: "Scattered undead sheeps on locksmehr."

Leafiara: "The gate itself is holding but very busy."

Stormyrain: "I hold the lead now if someone comes in to join."

Cryheart: "Last bunch were a bit tougher."

Dergoatean: "We might consider two levels of defense for these - defenders both outside and inside the gates. It's nigh impossible to keep some from slipping inside the gates."

Pietra: "Is TSC still triage?"

Evia: "Cryheart group patrolling about."

Maylan: "Aye."

Maylan: "And the bodies are piling up in there."

Leafiara: "The general town patrol is definitely needed. Even two groups at each gate wouldn't be enough."

Elphieya: "Any clerics who can be spared in the fighting are needed in triage."

Maylan: "There are several of us patrolling."

Leafiara: "We thank you!"

Lyrna: "I've been fighting the ones I've been finding around town."

Dergoatean: "Inside of town looking pretty good at this moment."

Cryheart: "Report out if you see critters inside of town."

Lyrna: "I'm seeing one just west of House Phoenix."


Fourway

Dockworkers scramble and townspeople scream as huge black forms begin to glide along the surface of the Bay, moving rapidly towards the north docks!

Tetreves exclaims, "Docks!"

Leafiara mumbles, "Ooh boy."

Pietra says, "Ooooh."

Hapenlok: "...I'm going to the docks."

Dergoatean: "Bigguns. North docks."

[Leafi heads to the dock]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, the Dergoatean disk, a huge oily black sea serpent, a frisky astral spirit that is flying around, the Rimo disk, a volatile aurora spirit that is flying around, a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates, some huge wooden crates and some stacked piles of supplies.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Dergoatean, Land Pirate Maylan, Maags, Rimo, Dame Evia, Guarrin, Shimmerain, Shinann, Sir Cryheart

Elphieya: "Serpents in the bay."

Cryheart: "Group at north docks."

Dergoatean: "Serpents are magic immune?"

Hapenlok recites:

"Join Cryheart!"

Leafiara: "Serpents at the dock. These are immune to magic!"

Maylan: "Looks to be, aye."

Dergoatean: "And they poison."

Sairai: "I sure appreciate all yous defending the surroundings while I'm trying to get caught up with my "work".. My deepest thanks to yous."

Tetreves: "I'm heading to docks to help."

Hapenlok: "Bring warriors."

Stormyrain: "I have a corpse at the north gate."

Shimmerain says, "Can't do a thing."

Thrassus: "There is a serpent on Valeria street."

Tetreves says, "They're getting through."

Leafiara suggests, "If you can only use magic, defend the gates."

Dergoatean says, "One east." [we'd moved west at some point]

Maylan says, "Okay back to patrol I go."

[Voln - Dergoatean] "Serpents can be affected by symbols.. somewhat."

Stormyrain: "Still have a corpse at the north gate."

Cryheart says, "Whew."

Speaking hopefully to Falvicar, Leafiara asks, "Zealot?"

Tetreves exclaims, "Alright!"

[Falvicar casts]

A huge oily black sea serpent slithers in.

Cryheart says, "Thanks for coming."

Maylan: "Critters leaking through the north gate."

Speaking eagerly to Falvicar, Leafiara exclaims, "Now that's more like it!"

Puptilian: "West gate is now led by Lylia. I'm going to help against the serpents."

Cryheart: "Group is busy at north dock with the black sea serpents."

Dergoatean: "Docks is still magic-immune serpents."

Leafiara: "Cryheart's leading here at the docks."

Lylia: "I am now leading at the West Gate."

Sairai: "Glad it's you and not me.. I hates creepy crawlies."

Shinann asks, "Who is casting Zealot?"

Dergoatean says, "I dunno but I like it."

Puptilian says, "I figured my sword will help here more."

Nodyre says, "We need some Tonis, too."

Pukk: "Careful around town, both friendly fire and critter attacks."

Dergoatean asks, "So, how are my fellow squares doing?"

Cryheart says, "Doing well."

The voice of Pietra asks, "Fantastic?"

The voice of Pietra exclaims, "Hidden!"

The air crackles with potent energy!

Puptilian flashes with a bright ethereal light!

The barrier of force around Puptilian dissipates.

[and everyone; all foreign spells dispelled]

Lyrna says, "I hadn't noticed any immunity."

Evia says, "Oy."

Speaking thoughtfully to Falvicar, Leafiara says, "We're gonna need more Zealot."

Avalera says, "Good times."

Maylan: "Blasted anti magic."

Ruffelin says, "Gads."

Puptilian says, "Good my vines will still work."

The voice of Pietra says, "So how are we doing now? Not so great."

Aynissa: "The heavens themselves seem to be cursed."

Dergoatean says, "If Leafi and I can still hang without the other spells, so can the rest of you."

Leafiara adds, "But Zealot would still be great."

Dergoatean says, "Though now I've doomed myself by saying it."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "I'm a little more scared of Zealot now."

The voice of Pietra exclaims, "Yep!"

Cryheart says, "Spell stripping was cast."

Speaking mischievously to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "I'm never."

Dergoatean says, "Tonis, Tonis is what we really need."

Cryheart says, "So dinnae waste manna."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara concedes, "True."

Tetreves removes a bronze bar from in his ashen wool cloak.

Tetreves drops a bronze bar.

[drops a bunch more]

The voice of Pietra says, "Couple ambushers here, just so's you know."

Tetreves says, "That's better."

Cryheart says, "Good."

Dergoatean says, "Does anyone not want Zealot? I've got it here."

The voice of Pietra asks, "Can someone fling those at the big ugly snakes?"

Cryheart says, "Moving east."

Sir Cryheart's group just went east.

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a huge oily black sea serpent, a huge oily black sea serpent, a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates, some huge wooden crates and some stacked piles of supplies.

Also here: Rimo, Dame Evia, Guarrin, Shinann, Nodyre, Dergoatean, Sir Ruffelin, Tetreves, Lyrna, Falvicar, Event Planner Leafiara, Avalera, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Puptilian, Lord Zolis, Sir Cryheart

Dergoatean asks, "Anyone? Who doesn't want Zealot?"

Speaking greedily to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "I want it."

Dergoatean asks, "I guess it'll just drop though?"

Cryheart says, "Spell stripping will most likely disrupt Zealot."

Leafiara offers, "Even having it temporarily is better than nothing."

Elphieya: "Everyone in TSC is alive for now. Good work clerics."

Zolis deeply asks, "Anyone hit me with a shot of Strength?"

Cryheart says, "Well... your mana, if you want to cast Zealot...no guarantees it will last."

Evia says, "Won't last."

Zolis deeply says, "True."

Speaking pleadingly to Falvicar, Leafiara exclaims, "Help us out!"

Elphieya: "Several died walking west from TSC."

Falvicar quietly says, "I could use adrenaline."

Dergoatean: "Serpents have remained under control to this point, at the north docks."

Dergoatean: "They remain magic immune."

Tetreves exclaims, "Balley!"

Dergoatean: "It's no place for sorcerers."

Falvicar quietly asks, "Who gave this?"

Leafiara: "Won't stop you or me!"

Stormyrain: "North gate is still steady, but controlled for now. Several groups here, though, if you come in please don't throw any magic that could inadvertently kill any of us."

Pietra exclaims, "Bugs too!" [scarabs and beetles have started appearing with the serpents]

Dergoatean: "Scarabs now."

Pietra: "There are scarabs at north dock now."

Dergoatean: "Anyone else getting scarabs, aside from north docks?"

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Speaking to Falvicar, Nodyre says, "Sorry."

Lyrna says, "So far."

Speaking to Puptilian, Shinann says, "Thank you."

Leafiara says, "Whew..."

Guarrin deeply says, "Aye, seem so."

Falvicar quietly says, "Thank ye."

Puptilian says, "Welcome."

Raelee: "... yes."

Cryheart says, "I am protecting one empath."

Pietra: "Besides inside bodies...?"

Dergoatean: "Yes, we have em outside."

Lyrna asks, "Are headaches the side effects of a spell that's been running?"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Pietra says, "I knows."

Jennora: "Scarabs in the square, I think the sanctuary in town square central is down."

Dergoatean says, "Sorry, I did it again."

Cryheart says, "Moving east."

Dergoatean asks, "Should we clear out town square central?"

Hapenlok: "I'm coming."

Talonir: "TSC is a mess... eww."

Jennora: "Is Voln secure?"

Leafiara curiously says, "Hmm. Trouble elsewhere." [mass deaths sensed]

A loud cackle echoes in the distance.

Cryheart says, "All over."

The voice of Pietra says, "Oooh."

Puptilian says, "Not good."

Evia chants, "Burn the Witch!"

Dergoatean: "Dozen bodies in Town Sqaure Central."

Cryheart asks, "Hear that cackle?"

Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Leafiara exclaims, "Yup!"

Aynissa: "Something powerful is cackling..."

Cryheart: "Hear that cackle?"

Guarrin deeply asks, "Triage setup elsewhere?"

Stormyrain: "Heard at the north gate."

Leafiara: "And here."

Hapenlok: "It's a risk."

Aynissa: "The Coastal Cliffs as well."

Avalera's face takes on a pinched expression.

Hapenlok: "She's had Voln under siege before."

Hapenlok: "Use your best judgement, there."

Speaking carefully to Avalera, Leafiara says, "You're about to be in trouble."

Dergoatean: "Looks like town square central is no longer overrun by anything but our own corpses."

[dispels]

Lyrna asks, "Is the headache a side effect of a spell wearing off?"

Hapenlok: "Everyone in the square is dead."

Speaking to Lyrna, Leafiara says, "No, that's when you have too much mana..."

Speaking to Lyrna, Dergoatean says, "Headache can be too much mana."

Pietra exclaims, "Bastards!"

Dergoatean says, "As in the rift, when we are stripped of our outside spells we can also gain or lose mana, even over what we can normally hold."

Lyrna says, "That might explain it."

Aynissa: "Bloodrain is bathing everything."

Pietra says, "I'm gonna barf...." [plague or moulis]

Hapenlok: "Yep. It is."

Cryheart says, "Well done."

Puptilian: "How are west and north gates?"

Elphieya: "Voln is safe for now."

[dispels]

The voice of Pietra says, "My tummy feels weird."

Elphieya: "If anyone can get bodies here."

Lyrna says, "Mine too."

Leafiara musingly says, "Some of you aren't looking so good."

Tetreves: "Inside town is getting overrun!"

Dergoatean: "By what?"

Balley: "Scarabs."

Tetreves: "All of it."

[combat; Leafi breaks away to triage]


Regroup

Hapenlok: "....I may have to implement the ultimate solution if this gets any worse."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a dismal badland spirit that is flying around, a sleek narrow-winged falcon that is flying around, a weathered fel trunk, a floating crystal green eye that is flying around, a ruffled narrow-winged falcon that is flying around, a weathered wooden box, a rotting thanot coffer, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a fluffy white cat that is sitting, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of High Lady Saranja who is lying down, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, the body of Kasik who is lying down, the body of Snoobie who is lying down, Draught, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of Savageheart who is lying down, the body of Stormicore who is lying down, the body of Chaser Rendena who is lying down, the body of Lord Gwoblyn who is lying down, the body of Lord Snub who is lying down, the body of Xure who is lying down, the body of Seleinia who is lying down, the body of Qeff who is lying down, the body of Skoal who is lying down, the body of Fyrrow who is lying down, the body of Ingward who is lying down, the body of Lady Carolanne who is lying down, the body of Ralkean who is lying down, the body of Grel who is lying down

Leafiara recites:

"Delivery!"

Leafiara surprisedly says, "...whoa."

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "No time to say ow."

The ghostly voice of Stormicore asks, "Could we even attack the bugs?"

Pietra: "Scarabs, sea serpents, velnalins. And now our stomachs are gurgling... some of us."

Jiarine: "Go set yourself on fire and die? I approve."

Cruxophim just arrived, dragging the body of Rinthius with him.

You hear a wet, muffled ripping sound from under the skin of Cruxophim's chest!

A heavy shudder passes through Cruxophim, but he remains helplessly stunned.

Speaking softly to Saranja, the ghostly voice of Razanetika says, "Hello aunty! I've missed you..."

Leafiara says, "Well, I'd... help if I could, but... not for a while yet." [35 minutes left on raise cooldown due to a previous person dying shortly after being raised]

The ghostly voice of Ingward says, "Yeah you can attack em but there is so many of em."

Draught says, "I'll see if there are any bodies out front..."

Hapenlok: "You know something Jiarine, if I weren't so busy..."

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "Hi Raza... missed you too."

Pukk quietly says, "It seems you have died my friend."

Dergoatean: "Where should we take the TSC corpses?"

Maylan: "Trophy room or Voln."

[dispels]

Hapenlok: "...one of these days, I'll look forward to standing over your still smoldering corpse and raising your head on a pike for everyone to see."

Leafiara: "That... I'll leave to those who are still able to raise."

Elphieya: "Is TSC safe?"

Pukk quietly says, "More deliveries."

Leafiara: "...for the time."

Leafiara: "But I wouldn't recommend it."

The ghostly voice of Savageheart says, "This dinner party is terrible."

Hapenlok: "But for the moment? I'm going to go swimming with the scarabs."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Taking some to Voln!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Maylan says, "Moving to voln."

Hapenlok: "No, nowhere in town is safe. Try Voln."

Leafiara: "Triage moving to Voln!"

Pukk: "Still more in town."


Return

[Leafi heads back to the docl]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates, some huge wooden crates and some stacked piles of supplies.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Rhayveign, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Lyrna, Lord Zolis, Puptilian, Avalera, Falvicar, Nodyre, Rimo, Dame Evia, Guarrin, Sir Cryheart, Sir Ruffelin

A gravelly hiss announces the slithering arrival of a huge oily black sea serpent!

Speaking to Evia, Ruffelin says, "Mayhap let's git ye ta a healer."

Guarrin deeply says, "Nice swing."

Lyrna says, "Feels like my back... ribs."

Evia asks, "I don't think they can help?"

Cryheart says, "Feinting the serpents open them up for attack."

Evia says, "Uck, what is it."

Hapenlok: "Cryheart, a couple of your number are about to give birth to ....moulis, I think."

Dergoatean: "Roughly 10 undead fauna along north, west, and south ring roads."


Graves

An eerie groan rises amidst the battle chaos, and the wrought iron gate along Erebor Square is thrown open wide as one by one, sinewy ghouls shamble into view and spill out into the streets.

Stormyrain: "Where has triage been moved?"

Leafiara: "Voln."

Stormyrain: "..for the love of."

Leafiara says, "Going for the ghouls."

[travel]

Pukk: "They are coming from the cemetery now!"

[Wehnimer's, Cheridin Ave.]

Several small shops crowd along the street, which is composed of the back walls of the high buildings bordering the central square. Each storefront vies with the others for street space and the attention of the many travellers who pass through here. A few traders, hoping to take advantage of some late business attracted by the nearby temple, have set up stands and pushcarts filled with clothing, trinkets and souvenirs. You also see a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul and the clerics' shop.

Maylan: "TSC was overrun with scarabs."

[Leafi attempts to fight them alone, then Goat joins up]

Shinann: "Is anyone at the graveyard?"

Leafiara: "Goat and I are."

[then Tetreves and Tikoshi come by]

Jiarine: "I am, ghouls." [in another room]

Pietra: "Is there any thing we can do about this barfy stomach thing?"

Dergoatean traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Dergoatean gestures at a putrid sinewy ghoul.

CS: +563 - TD: +416 + CvA: +25 + d100: +76 == +248

Warding failed!

A putrid sinewy ghoul contorts in excruciating agony!

... 1050 points of damage!

You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the sinewy ghoul's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.

Dergoatean drops dead at your feet!

Leafiara: "Well... Goat was, anyway."

Stormyrain: "Barfy stomach thing?"

Dergoatean stands up. [except no, it's a bug and he's still alive...]

Tetreves swings a perfect steel maul at a putrid sinewy ghoul!

AS: +541 vs DS: +166 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +99 = +513

... and hits for 196 points of damage!

Massive blow punches a hole through the sinewy ghoul's chest!

You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the sinewy ghoul's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.

Tetreves drops dead at your feet!

Tetreves swings a perfect steel maul at a putrid sinewy ghoul!

AS: +476 vs DS: +510 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +50 = +55

A clean miss.

Dergoatean: "I'm still alive."

Lyrna: "Nausea."

[gas cloud kills Leafi (for real, not a bugged death)]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara says, "Ah... clouds."

[combat; Tikoshi and Tetreves are killed off; Leafi spams Symbol of Retribution to clear the room so she can teleport out]

The voice of Thadston shouts nearby as he and a host of Landing Militia flood into the streets, fighting back against the creatures.

The ghostly voice of Leafiara musingly says, "Not the best idea I've ever had."

The ghostly voice of Tetreves says, "You're the best, Leafi."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara amicably says, "Well, I try."

[self-raise eventually goes off; probably missed some amunet messages while dead]

[Temple, Altar]

The altar is plain, and bears only onyx bowls of smouldering incense and smoking paraffin. Draped behind it is a cloth banner, appliqued with an ancient mystical pattern. A legend is embroidered along the bottom. On the far side of the room at the end of an aisle, you see two pillars.

Also here: Tikoshi, Pukk who is sitting

Leafiara impatiently exclaims, "I don't have time to be dead!"

Soneiken: "Where are the healers?"

Aynissa: "The creatures could be diseased."

Elphieya: "Lots of dead at voln if some clerics who can raise are about."

>symbol return

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a spotted great horned owl, a forest wolf, a sleek barn owl that is flying around, a dismal badland spirit that is flying around, a capricious spring spirit that is flying around, the Xeryl disk, a lesser screech owl that is flying around, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Grand Lord Winowitch who is lying down, the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down, Stormyrain, Puptilian, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, the body of Lord Snub who is lying down, Semoeh, the body of Xure who is lying down, Ishtae who is kneeling, Deryc, the body of Ingward who is lying down, Illuminaty, Lord Gwoblyn who is kneeling, the body of Chaser Rendena who is lying down, the body of Chath who is lying down, the body of Fyrrow who is lying down, the body of Skoal who is lying down, the body of Qeff who is lying down, Mistress Lyddia who is kneeling, the body of Savageheart who is lying down, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of Kasik who is lying down, the body of High Lady Saranja who is lying down, the body of Grel who is lying down, the body of Ralkean who is lying down, Lady Carolanne who is lying down, the body of Seleinia who is lying down, the body of Stormicore who is lying down, Snoobie who is kneeling, Great Lady Shaliegh who is lying down, Jennora, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Kalsicar who is sitting, Great Lord Geovekn who is kneeling, Elphieya, Xeryl who is kneeling, Anemegus, High Lord Siamo, Grand Lord Reugo

The ghostly voice of Chath asks, "What is going on? Why is this all happening?"

Stormyrain says, "Corpses."

Hapenlok: "Voln."

Leafiara wryly says, "Well, on the bright side, now I can raise again."

Leafiara adds, "After I'm healed, anyway."

The ghostly voice of Chaoswynd says, "Well, on the bright side, at least I'm not diseased anymore."

The ghostly voice of Savageheart asks, "Specifically or generally?"

The ghostly voice of Snub says, "Someone passed gas and a spirit was summoned to destroy the Landing."

The ghostly voice of Snub exclaims, "It's revenge for Helga's cooking!"

[triage efforts]

Puptilian says, "Ok back to it."

Dergoatean: "Ghouls clear for the moment."

Hapenlok: "....unbelievable."

Dergoatean: "Town square as a whole is clear, save a few gaks and roltons."

Lylia: "Tetreves needs help at the West Gate. He is dead, and I cannot cease fighting for a moment to attend to him."

More ghouls pour out of the graveyard along Erebor Square.

Hapenlok: "Hold on, I'm coming."

Maylan: "Got him."

Lylia: "Thank you, Maylan."


Unite

The ghouls shamble southernly, moving along South Ring Road as they head towards Shanty Town.

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh no."

[travel]

Lyrna: "Are people in other areas having these symptoms? sharp pain, nausea, coughing blood...?"

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

Pedestrians and a few carts and wagons move along the cobblestoned road in the shadow of the palisades, most focused on going about some night time business in town. They pass by the low wood and stone buildings, rarely glancing up or at one another. You also see a pair of clawed arms, a skeletal arm, a putrid arm, a desiccated arm, a flayed arm, a desiccated arm, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul that appears dead, the Dergoatean disk, a scalloped ivory wooden sign and a small white-painted boutique.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Dergoatean

[combat, then travel to another spot]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

South Ring Road leads to the outskirts of Shanty Town, the poorest section of Wehnimer's Landing. The contrast between the colorful, well-kept buildings of the bazaar and main square and the dingy hovels to the east is striking. Most passers-by move hurriedly to the west or north to the river crossing. A ragged child cowers against the south wall, looking lost and forgotten. You also see a striped lynx, a skeletal arm, a gnarled arm, a pair of bloody arms, a fleshless arm, a desiccated arm, a pair of decayed arms and a putrid sinewy ghoul that is lying down.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Lord Leviathoar, Shimmerain, Helsfeld, Yakushi

Maylan: "Who has eyes on the ghouls?"

Jiarine: "I am inside the graveyard."

Leafiara: "Small group here on South Ring Road."

Hapenlok: "Not I."

Jiarine: "Nothing here inside."

Stormyrain: "North gate is completely unmanned."

Dark hooded figures run along the rooftops, many near South Ring Road. The figures move about like living shadows, firing white-tipped arrows down on the ghouls as they try to push their way deeper into Shanty Town.

Hapenlok: "The ghouls are the bigger threat."

Maylan says, "KILL EM."

Shinann: "Anyone in Shanty Town?"

Maylan says, "PROTECT SHANTY TOWN AT ALL COSTS."

Leafiara: "Many of us."

[Wehnimer's, Shanty Town]

The tracks of wagon wheels rut the path through here, forming tiny rivulets that connect the puddles. A few sparse bushes and a tiny garden outside one of the shanties do little to relieve the monotony of the otherwise indistinguishable dwellings to the north and east. The western path leads back to town. You also see the Dergoatean disk, a wide-scaled deep violet abyran'sa, a frisky astral spirit that is flying around, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, the seaweed-covered Neopuron disk, a slimy green frog and a white opal.

Also here: Hapenlok, Ambassador Neopuron, Stormyrain who is lying down, Dergoatean, Land Pirate Maylan, Shimmerain, Yakushi, Event Planner Leafiara, Pukk, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Soneiken, Mayor Lylia

A slender white-armored figure can be seen darting in and out of alleyways, sparks of light flashing along some runic gauntlets along the figure's arms. A white steel mask conceals their face. The white figure moves from building to building, helping to hurl blades at ghouls and other undead while shepherding townspeople to safety.

Neopuron exclaims, "Yeah my house is there!"

Cryheart: "North group is frequently pinned down with serpents."

Leafiara surprisedly says, "What the..."

Maylan asks, "Who is that mystery hero?"

Hapenlok asks, "Thrayzar?"

Thrassus says, "Thrayzar."

Hapenlok asks, "Or Mother?"

Dergoatean asks, "Another Rone?"

Leafiara flatly asks, "Seriously? There's -another- one out there?"

Neopuron says, "I seen them jumping on the roofs."

Helsfeld recites:

"I is hero"

Neopuron says, "When I was coming into town."

Xorus says, "Presumably the same one that threw that fellow from Moot Hall months ago."

Dergoatean: "Ghoul group is on east end of south ring road."

Dergoatean: "Seems to have things under control."

Neopuron says, "It would seem."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Those demons creep me out and I keep trying to sleep em."

Leafiara says, "Well... I suppose it's not that bad, then."

Shinann: "Thadston, where are you?"

Lylia says, "Not my abyran'sa."

Dergoatean says, "Going to scout."

Leafiara: "He was fighting on the streets earlier."

Thadston: "We're pushing back where we can."

Shinann: "I know... trying to see where he is."

Puptilian: "We have the north docks under control."

[Leafi breaks away to check elsewhere]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.] Many of the travellers through this part of town appear to be pilgrims, priests and monks. They travel to and fro, moving along the quiet road to the north. The hoot of an owl echoes from somewhere beyond the palisade wall. You also see a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, a putrid sinewy ghoul and a putrid sinewy ghoul.


Leafiara: "South Ring Road needs some cleanup, even west of Shanty Town."


Tremor

[return to the larger South Ring Road group]

The ground trembles for a brief moment.

Lylia asks, "Did you feel that?"

Leafiara affirms, "Sure did."

Dergoatean: "North gate is unguarded. As a consequence, north ring road is overrun with wildlife."

Thadston: "You all feel that?"

Evia: "Yes."

Leafiara: "Yes..."

[Leafi breaks away again]

Cryheart: "Aye."

Lyrna: "Yes."

Lylia: "I did. Worms, I suspect."

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see a decaying rot-filled gak, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a rotting bloated velnalin, a rotting bloated velnalin, a rotting bloated velnalin, a rotting bloated velnalin, a decomposing worm-covered rolton and a large painted sign. Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of High Lady Saranja who is lying down

Balley: "Yes felt it here at Voln."

Dergoatean: "I didn't feel a thing. Just inside town, I guess."

Elphieya: "Or more scarabs?"

Puptilian: "Maybe issues in the Rook tunnels?"

Dergoatean: "I didn't feel a thing. Just inside town, I guess."

Dergoatean: "Ahem."

Cruxophim: "Aye, definitely felt it underground."

[return to Voln]

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, a cloudy grey panther, a sugar-dusted travel biscuit, some manna bread, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a thin crisp of hummus-topped bread, a pumpkin spice muffin with maple cream frosting, a thin crisp of hummus-topped bread, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Also here: Avalera, Jennora who is kneeling, Event Planner Leafiara, the body of High Lady Saranja who is lying down, Skoal who is lying down, the body of Lord Nightwolfz who is lying down, the body of Xeryl who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Lord Zolis, the body of Lord Chamorr who is lying down, Great Lord Rico, Zaneon who is kneeling, Yiyuan, High Lord Siamo, Tetreves who is sleeping, Lord Snub who is kneeling, Great Lord Lieo who is sitting, Grand Lord Winowitch, the body of Razanetika who is lying down, Semoeh, Xure, Ishtae who is kneeling, Ingward who is kneeling, Illuminaty who is kneeling, Lord Gwoblyn who is kneeling, Chath who is sitting, Fyrrow who is sitting, Qeff who is lying down, Mistress Lyddia, Sofal who is sitting, Kasik, Grel who is lying down, Lady Carolanne, Seleinia, Stormicore, Snoobie who is kneeling, Great Lady Shaliegh who is kneeling, Kalsicar who is sitting, Great Lord Geovekn who is kneeling, Elphieya, Anemegus

[triage efforts]

Dergoatean: "Anything of note underground, Crux?"

Speaking quietly to Carolanne, Elphieya says, "I don't really drink."

Cruxophim: "Just worms and scarabs."

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "Some rolton."

Maylan: "Buncha ghouls on Airioch."

Dergoatean: "We're going to be clearing out bloated velnalins for a while out here in Dragonsclaw, I think."

Cryheart: "Where ye at?"

Puptilian: "Burrow Way looks normal."

Dergoatean: "Erebor Square."

Avalera says, "I will break my usual rule."

Avalera picks up a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut.

Avalera takes a bite of her blood pudding donut.

Avalera looks much more calm and refreshed.

A grey-cloaked figure can be seen almost spinning from building to building along North Ring Road. His grey cloak swirls out behind him to reveal the red fur of Thrayzar. The orc's face is locked in rage and his bellow matches the fire of his anger. He spins, ducks, dances, leaps, moving along the street and cutting into serpents, shredding through rotting gaks, screaming while almost lost in a blind rage. He presses on, blood darkening the red of his fur as his rampage continues.

Dergoatean: "Reminds me of Walkar."

Leafiara: "Hail, Thrayzar. Wish it were under better circumstances to see you so healthy again..."

Dergoatean: "Be careful taking on groups of ghouls on your own, or in small groups. They are very quick to cast Grasp of the Grave. Many, many grabbies."

Leafiara roars, "Back to the fray!"

[travel]

The ground trembles again. Windows along buildings near Town Square Centra shatter outward, casting thousands of glass fragments along the cobbled roads as townspeople run screaming.

Dergoatean: "Here come the megaroaters."

[travel]

Leafiara: "Animals all over town."

[Wehnimer's, Cheridin Ave.]

The broad avenue intersects here with the narrower byway connecting to the bazaar to the west, where occasional sounds of distant revelry rise from the lamplit streets. Older wood and stone buildings, mostly small shops and offices with upstairs lodgings overlooking the street, predominate here. You also see a white opal, a slimy green frog, the Dergoatean disk, the seaweed-covered Neopuron disk, a wide-scaled deep violet abyran'sa, a spotted great horned owl, a ruffled grey-bellied hawk and a frisky astral spirit that is flying around.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Ryjex, Bernadette, Zosopage, Dergoatean, Daniels, Chaoswynd, Lord Darconas, Helsfeld, Ambassador Neopuron, Shimmerain, Yakushi, Pukk, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Soneiken, Stormyrain, Mayor Lylia, Land Pirate Maylan

Maylan says, "I was nearly overrun."

Puptilian: "North road is dangerous."

Maylan says, "I crawled away in triumph earlier."

Speaking quietly to Maylan, Pukk says, "You're welcome."

[travel]

Hapenlok: "....DAMN IT!"

Elphieya: "Voln is still safe for now."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see the seaweed-covered Neopuron disk, a frisky astral spirit that is flying around, a wide-scaled deep violet abyran'sa, a spotted great horned owl, a ruffled grey-bellied hawk, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a large sack encrusted with dark coagulated blood, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that appears dead, a decaying rot-filled gak, a polished bleakstone statue, a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel. Also here: Shinann, Cruxophim, Bernadette, Lord Zolis, Ryjex, Zosopage, Dergoatean, Daniels, Chaoswynd, Lord Darconas, Helsfeld, Ambassador Neopuron, Shimmerain, Yakushi, Pukk, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Soneiken, Stormyrain, Land Pirate Maylan, Mayor Lylia, Event Planner Leafiara

Xorus says, "Strategic 'regrouping'."

Puptilian: "These decomposing animals are harder to fight. Be safe."

Hapenlok: "Good to hear....I'm coming to you."

Leafiara: "They aren't especially dangerous, just... resilient."

Puptilian: "Around TSC."

Hapenlok: "Regaining some mana, and I'll be back in."

Hapenlok: "....ghouls are still swarming near Erebor square."

Puptilian: "More ghouls South Road."

Dergoatean asks, "Back to Erebor or south ring?"

Maylan says, "South Ring and Erebor are overrun."

Leafiara says, "North Ring was too last I checkedd."

[travel, checking the arious areas]

Puptilian: "Animals all over town especially around Baker's Square and North Road. Ghouls south road towards Shanty. Serpents still north dock."

Dergoatean: "Lylia group going after the south ring/erebor ghouls."

Hapenlok: "I'll rejoin as soon as I'm able. I just burned out my nerves fighting a dozen of those damned ghouls."

Hapenlok: "...flat on my back."

Jennora asks, "Healing for Shyspirit?"

Hapenlok: "Which is somewhat amazing."

Hapenlok: "Considering that's how I got turned inside out."

Lyrna: "Where are we regrouping?"

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Leafiara...

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decomposing worm-covered rolton that is lying down, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decomposing worm-covered rolton that is lying down, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decomposing worm-covered rolton, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, a decaying rot-filled gak and a large painted sign.

[Leafi just fights them all alone]

The ground rumbles again, almost like a ripple and once more windows shatter along buildings in town, this time near Moot Hall.

[Jiarine eventually comes by and we still can't clear the room; Goat eventually comes by and figures out that the Symbol of Turning obliterates them due to their lower levels]

The cobbled road along Town Square Northeast begins to shift as the ground rumbles.

Speaking thoughtfully to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Oh, good thought."

Dergoatean: "Swarm on north ring now under control."

Leafiara slowly says, "And there go my nerves."

[return to Voln]

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a pure white samoyed, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a capricious spring spirit that is flying around, a cloudy grey panther, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a thin crisp of hummus-topped bread, a pumpkin spice muffin with maple cream frosting, a thin crisp of hummus-topped bread, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Ralkean, Elphieya, Tikoshi, Lord Chamorr, Lord Snub who is kneeling, Azrelia who is sitting, Anemegus who is lying down, Skoal who is sleeping, Sir Ruffelin, Great Lord Mongonator who is sitting, Chath, Rinthius, Shyspirit who is sitting, Illuminaty, Ascheraden, Lord Burzer, High Lady Saranja, Deryc, Great Lady Shaliegh who is kneeling, Jennora who is kneeling, Xeryl who is kneeling, Great Lord Rico, Zaneon who is kneeling, Yiyuan, High Lord Siamo, Grand Lord Winowitch, Razanetika who is sitting, Semoeh, Xure, Ingward who is kneeling, Lord Gwoblyn who is kneeling, Fyrrow who is sitting, Qeff who is sitting, Sofal who is sitting, Grel who is lying down, Seleinia, Snoobie who is kneeling, Kalsicar who is sitting, Great Lord Geovekn who is kneeling

Razanetika softly asks, "Isn't the bleakstone statue in TownSquare Northeast?"

Speaking shakily to Razanetika, Leafiara replies, "East..."

Sofal says, "Just east."

Speaking to Chamorr, Ruffelin asks, "Goin'ta make a run fer town, Bear. Ye want ta come alang?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Ok."

The ground begins to crack along Town Square Northeast.

[Voln - Dergoatean] "Symbol of turning works great on the gaks, roltons, and velnalins"

Leafiara marvels, "This is really something."

Pietra: "The ground is cracking again?"

[travel]

[Town Square, Northeast]

The entrance to Tykel's Arms, its heavy door bounded by iron-barred windows, dominates this corner of the square. All manner of citizens pass by, moving among the solid, multistoried wooden buildings that surround the bazaar. Just to the southwest can be seen the tree-shaded heart of the square, where citizens and adventurers gather for socializing, healing and rest. You also see a slimy green frog, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, the fiery red Hapenlok disk, the Ysharra disk, the seaweed-covered Neopuron disk, a wide-scaled deep violet abyran'sa, a ruffled grey-bellied hawk, a bi-taloned dark grey grik'trak and a narrow alleyway.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Bernadette, Yakushi, Ysharra, Melikor, Shinann, Lord Zolis, Daniels, Lord Darconas, Helsfeld, Ambassador Neopuron, Shimmerain, Pukk, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Soneiken, Stormyrain, Hapenlok, Mayor Lylia

Xorus says, "I feel it is best that we stand as close to the cracking ground as possible."

Maylan: "I am triumphantly defending TSC against erm...oh hey a donut."

A foul odor seems to rise up from the ground along Town Square Northeast.

Speaking to Xorus, Ysharra says, "I'm nimble. I bet it won't help, though..."

Darconas melodically exclaims, "I bet you that's Leafiara!"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Wasn't me!"

Leafiara tosses her silken handkerchief high with cheeky abandon, sprinkling the air with a hint of cookie dough, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate as it floats gently back into her hand!

Ysharra says, "Much worse than Xorus..."

Speaking to Darconas, Leafiara says, "No, -that's- me."

Elphieya: "Careful Maylan. Not far from you is bad. Town square northeast."

Pukk quietly says, "Not Leafi either."

Xorus says, "I will be the judge of that."

Maylan: "Hmm that is likely why I am not standing there."

Ruffelin says, "Ghouls south."

Dergoatean: "Come to town square northwest if you like to wait until something pops out before rushing in."

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "I'll handle them, get ready for that."

One by one, cobblestones along Town Square Northeast are torn asunder as a jagged fissure opens up along the ground, clawing into existance as it stretches from one side of the road to the other like a vicious wound. Mist seems to swirl about within it, rising and falling and drifting about.

[meanwhile, there's also combat]

Darconas melodically exclaims, "Come on and come out!"

Speaking to a jagged mist-filled fissure, Leafiara observes, "Curious."

Chaoswynd slowly says, "...I don't believe this construction has been approved by the council..."

Speaking musingly to Chaoswynd, Leafiara says, "That's destruction, not construction."

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Maylan's face and seeps into her!

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Chaoswynd's face and seeps into him!

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Shinann's face and seeps into her!

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Daniels's face and seeps into him!

The voice of Pietra says, "Oh that's not good."

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Pukk's face and seeps into him!

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Ysharra's face and seeps into her!

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Bernadette's face and seeps into her!

Xorus says, "I suspect some madness will set in soon."

A blast of foul-smelling mist erupts from a fissure in the ground and strikes Pietra's face and seeps into her!

Leafiara remarks, "Ahhh, yes, the Bleaklands mist..."

Speaking to Chaoswynd, Stormyrain asks, "Are you ok?"

Dergoatean: "Where'd you all go?"

Leafiara: "Moot Hall."

Lylia: "The ground is opening, and the mist that issues forth is like that of the Bleaklands."

Lylia: "I felt it best to observe from a greater distance."

Dergoatean: "Okay, that's what we were thinking too."

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "117 second RT. Fun."

Dergoatean: "Hapenlok will rush in for us. Our hero."

(OOC) Ysharra's player whispers to the group, "Same!"

[combat is going on throughout, as well]

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "Are we all in TSE and Darkness?"

Leafiara notes, "Some of you really don't look so good."

(OOC) Ysharra's player whispers to the group, "Some of us, I guess."

Shinann says, "I cannot move."

(OOC) Dergoatean's player whispers to the group, "TSE but not darkness for me."

Pietra says, "I can't talk."

Ysharra says, "I can't move, either..."

Pietra says, "Oh, finally can talk."

Speaking to Pietra, Melikor says, "Yes you can."

Speaking to Pietra, Dergoatean says, "We can hear you."

Speaking carefully to Pietra, Leafiara says, "I'm hearing you just fine."

Dergoatean says, "I can move."

Ysharra weakly asks, "...Munin...?"

Maylan feebly says, "Heeeelp me."

Puptilian: "Where is the ground opening?"

Dergoatean: "Town square."

Hapenlok: "Northeast square."

Dergoatean: "Northeast."

(OOC) Bernadette's playe whispers to the group, "534 rt."

Hapenlok: "Spitting mist."

Hapenlok: "Couple of people got it. Not sure who. Not sure the effects."

Puptilian: "Ok. Serpents still bad at the docks but we are holding."

Raelee's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.

Dergoatean: "We're mostly all lying in wait outside Moot."

(OOC) Ysharra's player whispers to the group, "Still 400+ seconds."

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "Odd, I can move in RT."

Speaking to Raelee, Stormyrain asks, "..hungry?"

(OOC) Daniels's player whispers to the group, "Sick RT."

Kasik: "I'm stuck at the temple if someone wants to kill the ghouls trapping me."

Xorus says, "Must be essence of basilisk."

Pietra's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.

Darconas's stomach gives off a loud gurgle.

Stormyrain says, "...damnit."

(OOC) Dergoatean's player whispers to the group, "Kenstrom is trying out some new things tonight, and working out some bugs."

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "New things are FUN."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Oh, he's working out "bugs" alright..."

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "YAY!"

(OOC) Dergoatean's player whispers to the group, "The ghouls were super-bugged at first too."

Hapenlok: "I'll be there in a minute."

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "That was fun. Sudden -450 to RT."

Kasik: "I'm stuck at the temple if someone wants to kill the ghouls trapping me."

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "I may need to re-log."

(OOC) Shinann's player whispers to the group, "Least I can watch!"

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "Oh. There goes the RT."

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "Exactly what I was thinking Shinann! :D."

(OOC) Kenstrom's player whispers to the group, "I've been removing the RT. :)."

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "YAY!"

(OOC) Maylan's player whispers to the group, "Woot."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "I was cursing you too."

(OOC) Chaoswynd's player whispers to the group, "Yeah that stacking RT was pretty funny."

(OOC) Darconas's player whispers to the group, "Hey wait, that's allowed?"

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "It is when you're awesome."

Elphieya quietly says, "People are waiting...wait no. Now there is fighting."

Daniels says, "How are the sorc doing 1400 hits."

Dergoatean says, "Pain."

Elphieya quietly says, "I am watching Lylia right now."

Daniels says, "I see that."

Kasik: "I think they like fresh meat cause there's 6 of em waiting for me."

Speaking to Shimmerain, Pietra says, "You are clearing things so fast. Impressive." [via imploding]

Maylan says, "Blasted serpents."

(OOC) Shinann's player whispers to the group, "Ok... Sorry for the OOC. This is the longest red line ever in my GS history. Ok... back to no OOC."

Shimmerain says, "While I have mana."

(OOC) Pietra's player whispers to the group, "You win the longest red line prize tonight!"

Pietra says, "Damn, I'm going to burst again."

Cruxophim: "Deader in TSC."

[Leafi heads there; triage]

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "Not much happening at the fissure, to be honest!"

From nearby, you hear Pukk yell, "You just had to curse us by saying that didn't you?"

Leafiara exclaims, "Town's still overrun... moving out!"

Puptilian: "Any more word on this mist?"

The ground trembles along Town Square Southwest.

[Town Square, Southwest]

This corner of the square seems somewhat subdued. Townsfolk pass through on their way to the shops, the bazaar, or the main well at the center of the square. Others hurry past, anxious to get home or go on about their business. You also see a decaying rot-filled gak, a decaying rot-filled gak that is lying down, a silver-traced carved mahogany cart with some stuff on it, a cobblestone walkway leading up to a wrought iron gate and a wood-sided shop.

[combat as Alasatia, Shinann, and Crux pour in]

Pietra: "It seems like everyone's getting moulis infected."

Hapenlok: "Friend, just stay in the temple."

A green-eyed black cat says, "Protect the food cart at all costs."

Speaking to a green-eyed black cat, Leafiara exclaims, "You know it!"

Hapenlok: "....there's about two dozen ghouls in front of the temple."

Kasik: "Thanks for trying."

Leafiara: "Watchng at Town Square Southwest for another fissure. Nothing yet."

Shinann stares at Leafiara.

Hapenlok: "Which is considerably less than what I started with."

Elphieya: "Just was told northwest is overrun."

Maylan: "TSNW is overrun."

Maylan: "N..nevermind."

[combat; Goat arrives]

The ground cracks, the cobbled road of Town Square Southwest ripping open like giving birth to a festering wound and a cloud of foul mist. Townspeople run screaming, unsure of which direction to flee in the chaos.

Leafiara says, "Yep... there's another one."

Dergoatean: "New fissure in square southwest. Looks about the same."

Leafiara helpfully suggests, "Might want to clear out before we go mad."

Kasik: "2 bodies outside temple but lots of ghouls not safe."

[small group withdraws to Erebor Square]

[Wehnimer's, Erebor Square]

The dome of a large temple rises above this peaceful square, silhouetted against the starlit sky. The circular building is surrounded by marble porticos and teak columns, and a promenade leads to two pillars, through which the inner sanctum can be glimpsed. Priests and worshippers wander here and there, engaged in various rituals of devotion or study. A locked almsbox is securely bolted to an iron pole alongside the pillars. You also see a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a rotting bloated velnalin that is lying down, some silver coins, a putrid sinewy ghoul that is lying down, a putrid sinewy ghoul that is lying down, a putrid sinewy ghoul that is lying down, a putrid sinewy ghoul that is lying down, an acid-pitted silver coffer, a simple thanot strongbox, a white opal, a wrought iron gate and a glowing white stone.

Also here: Land Pirate Maylan, Dergoatean, Shinann, Alasatia, Event Planner Leafiara

Hapenlok: "I know, i was working on them, but i had to retreat."

Kasik: "Nevermind they departed."

Leafiara: "Chipping away at the ghouls."

Leafiara says, "Serpent..."

The ground along North Ring Road trembles.

Hapenlok: "...I think we've lost this round."

Leafiara: "Never!"

Hapenlok: "We've been that spot before."

Hapenlok: "The end game's begun."

Militamen are sent scrambling as a section of North Ring Road literally rips open, splitting into a jagged, uneven wound of the earth as foul mist rises from it just outside the town barracks.

From nearby, you hear Dergoatean yell, "Need mana! I'll be back later!"

Leafiara murmurs, "If there is a later."

Hapenlok: "Think about getting these people out of here."

Dergoatean: "We need ideas on how to actually stop that..."

Dergoatean: "Crux, anything you understand to suggest a root cause we could tackle?"

[the battle with the ghouls doesn't go so well]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Yeah, I expected that one."

[then it goes even worse]

[Wehnimer's, Erebor Square]

The dome of a large temple rises above this peaceful square, silhouetted against the starlit sky. The circular building is surrounded by marble porticos and teak columns, and a promenade leads to two pillars, through which the inner sanctum can be glimpsed. Priests and worshippers wander here and there, engaged in various rituals of devotion or study. A locked almsbox is securely bolted to an iron pole alongside the pillars. You also see a flayed arm, a desiccated arm, a three-fingered arm, a three-fingered arm, a fleshless arm, a bloody arm, a flayed arm, a flayed arm, a flayed arm, a deformed arm, a gnarled arm, a mangled arm, a pair of fleshless arms, a bloated arm, a pair of deformed arms, a clawed arm, a flayed arm, a desiccated arm, a skeletal arm, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a decomposing worm-covered rolton that is lying down, a decomposing worm-covered rolton that is lying down, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a rose-marrow potion, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a spotted great horned owl, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a putrid sinewy ghoul, a green-eyed black cat, a white opal, a wrought iron gate and a glowing white stone.

Also here: the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down, the body of Shinann who is lying down, the body of Event Planner Leafiara who is lying down

The ghostly voice of Leafiara admits, "Things could be going better."

The ghostly voice of Chaoswynd says, "Indeed."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara optimistically says, "But, you know, as long as Lorminstra keeps bring us back..."

[the large group arrives and starts working on the ghouls]

[back at triage...]

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a ruffled narrow-winged falcon that is flying around, a shifting portal, a capricious spring spirit that is flying around, a pure white samoyed, a sleek grey-bellied hawk that is flying around, a forest wolf, the Talonir disk, the Wanion disk, a morose mountain spirit that is flying around, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut, a cloudy grey panther, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a pumpkin spice muffin with maple cream frosting, a thin crisp of hummus-topped bread, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Also here: the body of Event Planner Leafiara who is lying down, the body of High Lady Saranja who is lying down, Kelrion, Falvicar, the body of Avalera who is lying down, Jennora, a stunned Dame Evia who is lying down, Lord Burzer, Puptilian, Sir Cryheart, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Nodyre, Zosopage, High Lord Siamo, Kembriana, Wanion, Talonir, Talonhawke, Rinthius, Eldillor who is sitting, Grand Lord Winowitch, Mistress Lyddia, Tikoshi, Lord Snub who is kneeling, Skoal, Chath who is sitting, Illuminaty who is kneeling, Ascheraden, Deryc, Great Lady Shaliegh who is kneeling, Xeryl who is kneeling, Great Lord Rico, Zaneon who is kneeling, Yiyuan, Razanetika who is sitting, Semoeh, Xure, Ingward who is kneeling, Fyrrow who is sitting, Qeff who is sitting, Sofal who is sitting, Grel who is lying down, Seleinia, Snoobie who is kneeling

The ghostly voice of Leafiara confesses, "I suppose it could be going better."

Evia says, "Phew."

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "Not our night."

Cryheart says, "Seems the town is being overrun."

Burzer asks, "Anyone else need rescue from the town?"

Cryheart says, "Anyone willng to head back with me..join me."

Evia dreamily says, "Can't yet...spirit." [she and Leafi speak dreamily because they're using the Symbol of Dreams to recover]

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "I got whacked."

Speaking to Saranja, Sofal says, "That wasn't being careful."

Avalera says, "Well, at least they're gone."

The ghostly voice of Saranja quietly says, "That IS careful."

Evia dreamily exclaims, "Yay!"

Saranja quietly says, "What you call careful is... dull."

Speaking to Guarrin, the ghostly voice of Ruffelin says, "Th' gods be wi' ye."

Speaking deeply to Ruffelin, Guarrin says, "I know one that is."

The ghostly voice of Ruffelin says, "Aye."

Speaking dreamily to Saranja, Leafiara says, "Well, you needed favor..."

Leafiara dreamily says, "Will head back in soon as I'm able..."

Some townspeople can be seen stumbling about in the open streets, clawing at their faces, leaving bloody, deep wounds along their skin. They scream and writhe and cry out in pain and for help. Then one by one, their faces erupt outward, flesh spraying like broken glass as swarms of glistening white-grey maggots spill out from the wound, dropping to the ground just as the townsperson's corpse lands with a thud.

Hapenlok: "I suggest you hurry, Pup. Thadston." [missed the context of this and the next couple comments due to losing the amunet while dead; update: Hap updated the discussion page to explain]

Thrassus: "Well, since maggots are bursting out of their faces at the moment, it's a bit late for that."

Puptilian: "Kobold village is too close by may be a good place too. They have helped us before."

Snoobie: "Is maggot balm being sold yet?"

Talonhawke: "Well, it'll help with the crop shortage at least, maggots are high in protein, and less mouths to feed?"

Maylan: "Eew, Maggots in TSW."

Dergoatean: "Always look on the bright side of life."

Dergoatean: "Er, well, death in this case."

Thadston: "We've been moving many out and far away."

Snoobie: "Is TSC still producing corpses?"

Maylan: "TSC is clear."

Elphieya: "Healing in tsc if you can't reach voln."

Shinann: "Good to hear."

Elphieya: "No clerics here though."

Maylan: "Just be careful getting here. Maggots are about."

[Town Square, Northwest]

This corner of the square is lively and hectic even at night. A number of representatives of the Landing's population, including several elven loggers and a party of rough-looking dwarves, loiter around the door of the Raging Thrak Inn, where the rowdy cheers of patrons and voices raised in songs of many sorts, from snatches of heroic ballads to blushingly bawdy tunes, beckon you to enter. You also see a glistening grey-white maggot, a glistening grey-white maggot, a flagon of Ice Drake rum, a polished granite statue and a large painted sign.

>appr magg

The grey-white maggot is tiny in size and about one foot high in its current state.

The maggot should prove to be a difficult challenge for you.

Hapenlok: "Whoever's eye? evil eye!"

Puptilian: "Where can we best help to do that Thadston?"

Leafiara: "These maggots are quite a bit tougher than their size might make them look..."

Dergoatean: "Evil eye is no good on the undead. It would get the maggots, but they have strong defense against warding spells generally."

Hapenlok: "Well, there WERE a bunch in TSW."

Cryheart: "Aye we inside of town now Guarrin."

Dergoatean: "Lylia group is on north ring, clearing maggots and such."

Dergoatean: "Adventurers are also burstingt with moulis now, not just the townsfolk and their maggots."

Elphieya: "A few stragglers in tssw, tsse."

The ruddy skies begin to slowly darken, deepening to the black shade of night.

[several groups split up to clear out the still-lingering creatures roaming all over town; at some point Maylan is turned into a frog, but sadly I wasn't in the room for it--but I did see this:]

Maylan makes a *RIBBIT* noise.

Maylan croaks.

Cruxophim just kissed Maylan.

Maylan returns to her kiss form. [yes, typo and all]