Witchful Thinking - 5119-09-25 - A Stone's Throw From Destruction

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 25-26, 5119

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • A group of people discusses recent events outside of Moot Hall, such as the Hall of Mages placing pylons at the request of the Landing town council and some overlap between names of citizens reported missing within town and names of those who refused Hall aid for the blight.
  • A brief shadow passes along Captain Stormyrain's eyes, but she reports feeling well; meanwhile, Dame Evia says her gut suddenly hurts and she's cold. However, a line of blood forms along the inside of Stormy's arm. She says she's feeling fine, then another line of blood forms along her own arm, splitting her skin open. She says the lines are intentionally placed in an interesting pattern. Her eyes glaze over, turning blood red, and she soon reports seeing visions:
    • Walls of sandstone and ivory where Moot Hall once stood, upon a ground of sand, then marble, then bone.
    • A man in a billowing crimson robe with sea blue eyes and deep black hair with a streak of white, near a kneeling silver-haired woman with fresh blood across her arms. He kneels besides her and whispers to "Show her..." as the present Stormy notes it's Grishom Stone.
    • A desolate world of ash with grey skies streaked with whorls of ink and slate, dull metal ground, and the remnants of an old oak tree with much of it crumbled to dust. No sound or sign of life.
    • Grishom saying to "End her. Stop the Bleakworld." Four figures stand behind him, concealed in shadows, and he smiles and nods.
  • As everyone contemplates this, drums and warhorns sound in the distance, followed by dwarven warcries and eventually the sight of dwarven soldiers. Brumas himself marches to the North Gate to announce that he and his soldiers "come for the Orc King and to liberate the Keep"--pointing southward toward the Hendoran outpost.
  • The group attempts to explain what the outpost is, but Brumas says their sorcery and lies won't deter them from liberating the keep and beheading the Orc King and his allies. Some in the group begin to offer him an escort to the outpost to see it, but he insists they speak in riddles with addled minds and says they'll find the Orc King's corpse by sifting through theirs; many try a last effort to get Brumas to see the truth, but he marches back to his army...
  • The battle begins as dwarven warriors seem to appear from shimmering thin air and charge North Gate. The Landing defenders thoroughly dominate their front lines of warriors, myrmidons, battlemasters, soldiers, and dreadnaughts, but eventually the dwarves begin making headway with their rangers casting Mass Calm, Spike Thorn, and Call Lightning.
  • Amidst the combat, Brumas is seen dragging the bodies of fallen adventurers to Town Square Central, telling one of them not to thank him, but to rise and return to battle. He attacks North Gate directly while explaining that the fallen deserve to be buried, but after slaying several at the gate he charges toward the outpost.
  • The Hendorans in turn come charging out of the outpost and battle with the dwarves alongside the adventurers. Brumas at first resists, but after noticing how many of his soldiers are gone, he sounds the retreat and says to regroup and return. He then marches away and seems to melt into thin air.


Highlights

Pukk quietly says, "Oh I know how to get them to come faster."
Pukk yells, "We has ale!"
Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "Don't forget gems."
Pukk yells, "We has ale and gems!"
Moving out of the forest, some armored dwarven soldiers march into view.
Zosopage says, "Well that worked."
Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "I'm good at annoying people."
Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "No comment."
Leafiara confesses, "Yeah, I'm itchin' for battle too."
Speaking absently to Leafiara, Ysharra asks, "When aren't you...?"
Speaking thoughtfully to Ysharra, Leafiara muses, "When I'm eating chocolate or when I'm--"
Leafiara suddenly says, "Never mind."
Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra asks, "Sleeping?"
Speaking carefully to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "Yeah, let's go with that."
Brumas says, "We come for the Orc King and to liberate the Keep."
Brumas points south, towards the Hendoran Outpost in the grasslands.
Speaking excitedly to Brumas, Pukk asks, "Are you going to destroy the keep?"
Pukk quietly says, "If he is there to destroy the outpost...I say we part and let him proceed and maybe even give him some spells and ale to help with the battle."
Lylia firmly says, "There will not be a diplomatic incident over this."
Speaking innocently to Lylia, Pukk exclaims, "We didn't do anything!"
Leifa says, "Insane dwarf posse."
Speaking to a black-toed saddleback foxhound, Leifa says, "There'll be fresh dwarf meat for supper, albeit it might be a little...off."
Kronzcrest is enraged by Leafiara's attack!
Leafiara swings a closed fist at Kronzcrest!
AS: +347 vs DS: +70 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +53 = +348
... and hit for 29 points of damage!
Large gash to the right arm, several muscles torn.
He is stunned!
The guiding force leaves Leafiara.
Leafiara sheepishly says, "Err... oops."
Speaking embarrassedly to Kronzcrest, Leafiara says, "Sorry."


Log

Discussions

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Um."

Zosopage says, "I looked up a bit too soon."

Pukk recites quietly:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a large purple wooden barrel, a bone-framed bulletin board and a polished bleakstone statue.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Ysharra, Dame Evia, Shinann, Lord Thrassus, Sofal, Razanetika, Great Lord Gutstorm who is sitting, Lord Chamorr, Diamondelille, Pukk, Bernadette, Lord Morofinwe, Zosopage, Guarrin, Sir Cryheart, Magister Raelee, Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Mayor Lylia

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee says, "We are not forcing anyone to stay."

Pukk yells, "About time!"

Lylia says, "While I cannot expect you to oversee such matters, any more than I can personally attend to everyone's whereabouts, I hope we can arrange a visit soon. I would like your company as well."

A cold breeze stirs through the area as rain begins to pour down steadily from the sky.

Cruxophim casually greets, "Rainy night."

Zosopage says, "Those clouds move in quick."

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee says, "Nor are we purposefully turning anyone away. We record the names of those who leave of their own volition - assuming they opt to provide them." (Context: the militia captains have been asking for a list of names of Landing citizens taken into the care of the Hall of Mages, as well as those who refused it; some of the names have also been reported missing, and thus the captains are checking with the mayor and Magister.)

Speaking to Lylia, Raelee says, "But once they leave..."

Speaking to Lylia, Evia says, "Wait I thought your comment was concerning a discrepancy, not anyone being forced to anything."

Speaking to Cryheart, Ysharra says, "You keep getting in the way."

Lylia says, "Absolutely. It is more a matter of record-keeping, and we both know the importance of that."

Shinann says, "The Hall's records seem intact."

Shinann says, "So... I just do not know. They could still show up. Some winding roads coming back."

Lylia says, "Yes, no one is forced into anything. It is simply a good thing to maintain a roster of names, lest there be any question about what happened to dear Grandpa Joe or sweet sister Sarenne."

Gutstorm gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...

Gutstorm gestures at Leafiara.

Gutstorm looks over at Leafiara with a surprised look on his face.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I found Leafi."

Speaking to Lylia, Evia says, "Absolutely there should."

Shinann says, "It is why I requested it."

Speaking drunkenly to Leafiara, Gutstorm says, "I meant well."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Thought ya could hide, huh."

Shinann says, "So the families would know."

Speaking confusedly to Gutstorm, Leafiara asks, "...about what?"

The scent of freshly baked bread emanates from Leafiara as she utters a short phrase...

Leafiara gestures.

There is a bright flash and a wafer of candied seeds appears in the air, then falls into Leafiara's right hand.

Leafiara offers Gutstorm a wafer of candied seeds.

Gutstorm accepts Leafiara's candied seeds.

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Dish dont look like cookies."

Speaking suddenly to Gutstorm, Leafiara exclaims, "Oh. Just a moment then!"

Event Planner Leafiara just went west.

Event Planner Leafiara just arrived.

Leafiara offers Gutstorm some chocolate cream-spread cookies.

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra says, "You're out and about."

Gutstorm accepts Leafiara's cream-spread cookies.

Juspera says, "I have to go to bed."

Juspera says, "But."

Cruxophim recites:

"Donornuts!"

Cruxophim's eyes cloud over with dark shadows as he prepares a spell...

There is a bright flash and a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut appears in the air, then falls into Cruxophim's right hand.

Cruxophim carefully places a bacon-wrapped blood pudding donut on the ground.

Juspera says, "Just seeing why everybody was hanging around here."

Speaking to Falvicar, Leafiara asks, "Ya doin' okay tonight, my friend?"

Speaking to Juspera, Ysharra asks, "Did you just come...to say that?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Juspera asks, "What if I did?"

Speaking gently to Falvicar, Leafiara says, "I mean... relatively."

Speaking to Juspera, Lylia says, "Some news of the night. Pylons and golems and record-keeping." (context: The record-keeping was the discussion from earlier. No idea on the golems. As for the pylons, Raelee had come to speak with Lylia earlier regarding, to my understanding, the Town Council's plan of requesting additional pylons and where to place them.)

Speaking to Thrassus, Juspera asks, "Forget something?"


Bleakworld Visions

For a brief moment a shadow passes along Stormyrain's eyes.

Speaking drunkenly to Razanetika, Gutstorm says, "I gotsh shum cookiesh.....and you cant have em...."

Thrassus says, "No."

Juspera raises an eyebrow in Lylia's direction.

Juspera says, "That doesn't make any sense."

Speaking cautiously to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "You might be about to be in trouble."

Stormyrain raises her eyebrow, the dark bloodjewel half-ring set within only enhancing her skeptical expression.

Stormyrain inclines her head.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara explains, "Lookin' like Shinann looked just before, well..."

Stormyrain says, "I feel fine. Surely it's just a play of the light in the storm."

Stormyrain leans against the Hall, taking a momentary rest.

Speaking cautiously to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "...no pains, no anythi--"

Leafiara neutrally says, "If you say so."

Stormyrain looks over at Leafiara and shakes her head.

Stormyrain says, "Nothing as of yet."

Evia says, "Glad you feel well..my gut hurts and I'm cold."

Stormyrain gives a sidelong glance at Evia.

Speaking dubiously to Evia, Leafiara asks, "Your... gut?"

Speaking to Evia, Stormyrain asks, "Is that sudden and recent?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra says, "They can be very talkative."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "Yep feels like I swallowed a barrel."

Stormyrain furrows her brow.

Stormyrain gives a sidelong glance at Shinann.

Speaking concernedly to Evia, Leafiara says, "Hrm."

Speaking heartily to Evia, Chamorr asks, "Didja?"

Morofinwe quietly says, "That doesn't sound right."

Speaking to Chamorr, Evia says, "For the life of me I can't recall swallowing a whole barrel..."

Razanetika whines at Leafiara.

Speaking quietly to Goldstr, Pukk exclaims, "Sir Lightning Rod!"

Stormyrain nods slowly at Shinann.

Speaking surprisedly to Razanetika, Leafiara asks, "...what? Are -you- feeling well?"

Speaking helpfully to Evia, Cruxophim offers, "I could cut you open and find out, if you like?"

Speaking heartily to Evia, Chamorr says, "Maybe you emptied the barrel first."

Speaking amusedly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "Oh." (after a whisper)

Speaking to Evia, Zosopage says, "Would you remember anything after swallowing a whole barrel? It it were full of ale of course."

Stormyrain furrows her brow.

Speaking lightly to Razanetika, Leafiara says, "Don't scare us."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Evia says, "No thanks, a peppermint will do nicely."

A line of blood forms along the inside of Stormyrain's arm.

Stormyrain glances down.

Stormyrain slowly says, "Well now."

Lylia observes, "You are bleeding."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "That was a neat trick."

Chamorr heartily says, "Uhoh."

Speaking gently to Stormyrain, Cruxophim threatens, "Do you need a doctor?"

Radeek mutters, "Cut off her arm mebbe?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leifa asks, "How...are you, friend?"

Bernadette softly asks, "Somepin bit ye?"

Stormyrain furrows her brow.

Evia says, "Pheh, what, how is cutting off it a cure? Sew it with some good flax linen thread."

Lylia asks, "Have you felt feverish? Ill?"

Stormyrain states, "I'm fine, other than the cut..for now."

A second line of blood forms along Stormyrain's other arm as her skin splits open from what appears to be a clean cut wound.

Ysharra says, "...not again."

Shinann attends to Stormyrain's injuries with a detached air.

Nothing happens.

(Stormyrain holds her arms out a bit.)

Speaking neutrally to Stormyrain, Cruxophim notes, "Hmm."

Speaking quietly to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "Okay the first time was neat, now you're just showing off."

Evia asks, "What cutteth this woman!?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Goldstr says, "Ye nae lookin so good."

Juspera says, "Um."

Stormyrain states, "Those lines are intentional. I'm quite alright, for now."

Bernadette softly says, "Somepin cuttin ye."

Speaking deeply to Ysharra, Guarrin asks, "..again?"

Evia asks, "Oh?"

Speaking curiously to Stormyrain, Leafiara asks, "You're practicing your blood magic then?"

Ysharra asks, "Your...magic?"

Pukk quietly says, "Now she will need a sacrifice."

Stormyrain slowly says, "I'm not. At least, I'm not--currently here and now. And by intentional I mean they're being placed in a very interesting pattern."

Stormyrain glances down.

Leafiara understandingly says, "...ohhh."

Shinann says, "And not able to be healed."

Shinann says, "I did try."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr asks, "What?"

Stormyrain twists her head slightly, cracking her neck. She looks relieved.

The blood streaks slide down Stormyrain's arms, dribbling down over her wrist and pooling within her palms.

Stormyrain slowly empties her lungs.

Evia says, "Hmm."

Stormyrain closes her eyes for a moment.

Speaking to Shinann, Ysharra says, "That must have been so keen for you, that feeling of frustration."

Cryheart says, "Ye turning red."

Diamondelille says, "Red ye are."

Stormyrain murmurs, "The color of blood, no?"

Speaking to Ysharra, Shinann says, "Always does."

Speaking quietly to Chamorr, Pukk says, "I'm volunteering you for any sacrifices."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "She scary even when she ain't bleedin' allover."

Speaking thoughtfully to Stormyrain, Cruxophim remarks, "Quite black actually, in the moonlight."

Radeek mutters, "If'n dat blood hits da groun' it might make scarabs...be on yer guard."

Stormyrain's eyes glaze over, turning blood red.

Stormyrain suggests, "If everyone would--hold still? I'm having problems determining what is here, and what is--other."

Stormyrain squints.

Morofinwe quietly says, "I am fairly certain we are all here."

Stormyrain observes her surroundings with an almost excruciating slowness.

Morofinwe quietly says, "If spiders burst out of Stormy, I am not going to be happy. Just saying."

Speaking to herself, Stormyrain murmurs, "Well come on, then. If we're going to have you--out with it."

Stormyrain's blood red eyes dart back and forth.

Cruxophim nonchalantly mentions, "Could cut it out."

Stormyrain turns around.

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Xorus whispers something to Lylia.

Stormyrain says, "Walls of sandstone and ivory form where once stood walls of Moot Hall and other buildings. The ground beneath us shifts to sand, then shifts to marble, then shifts to bone."

Leafiara whispers something to Pukk.

Stormyrain's eyes scan the heavens.

Shinann says, "A vision."

Stormyrain glances down.

Stormyrain turns around.

Radeek asks, "Marble might be blood marble mebbe?"

Pukk quietly asks, "Of the future?"

Stormyrain says, "It doesn't look like it, but things are not quite--clear yet."

Thrassus says, "Generally you can tell the two types of marble apart."

Zosopage says, "Not a good time to have a serpent as a familiar."

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Stormyrain murmurs, "Yes, and the blood marble feels wrong. I'm not far enough into this yet for that kind of determination."

Thrassus says, "I am confident in his safety."

Stormyrain's hands stretch up, the blood dripping from her arms.

Speaking absently to Stormyrain, Cruxophim wonders, "Future or past?"

Stormyrain's eyes glaze over as she stares, unfocused, into the distance.

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking heartily to Stormyrain, Chamorr asks, "Bleakstone?"

Thrassus asks, "Perhaps neither?"

(Stormyrain steps forward quickly, a gasp from her mouth.)

Lylia whispers something to Melikor.

Evia says, "Well give 'er a minute you antsy-pantses."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Being vaporized feelsh funny." (Eledryn had just been vaporized on Teras)

Stormyrain says, "A wide dais comes into view, where a man in a billowing crimson robe stands. Beside him kneels another woman, her face cast to the ground, but wispy locks of pale silver hair cascading down to her shoulders. A line of fresh blood stretches across each of her arms."

Stormyrain scowls.

Stormyrain's eyes glaze over as she stares, unfocused, into the distance.

Stormyrain furrows her brow.

Stormyrain narrows her eyes.

Stormyrain's eyes darken.

Stormyrain clenches her jaw.

Thrassus says, "I am suspecting this is more than just a vision."

(Stormyrain strides forward a few more steps.)

Stormyrain says, "The crimson-robed man kneels, cupping the silver-haired woman's chin in his hands. His hood falls away, his sea blue eyes somewhat darker than normal, a streak of white shot through his otherwise deep black hair. "Show her..." he whispers."

Stormyrain hisses, "Grishom."

Cruxophim whispers something to Avalera.

Speaking huskily to a polished bleakstone statue, Jhenni says, "Madam Mayor."

Stormyrain observes her surroundings with an almost excruciating slowness.

Cruxophim whispers something to Ysharra.

Stormyrain observes her surroundings with an almost excruciating slowness.

Speaking quietly to Jhenni, Pukk says, "If you pay close attention the statue, also known as Not the Mayor, its eyes don't move."

Stormyrain despairingly asks, "We didn't stop it yet?"

Stormyrain says, "A world opens up before you now. Dark, desolate, filled with ash and skies grey and streaked with whorls of ink and slate. The ground is broken, rising and falling, the color of dull metal. An old oak tree rises, the remnants of it, with much of it having long ago crumbled to dust. Flakes of ash swirl about like dirty snowflakes and there is no sound, no sign of life, only silent death."

Stormyrain shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Stormyrain murmurs, "It's all still lost. How? Why?"

Speaking huskily to Pukk, Jhenni says, "Are you sure....they seem to follow me."

Stormyrain gazes out.

Leafiara slowly asks, "Well... we have to end all seven paragons to stop it and we've only ended three, right?"

Lylia says, "Visions are not manifest truths."

Stormyrain bitterly says, "Nothing is just a vision when Grishom is involved."

Speaking quietly to Jhenni, Pukk whispers aloud, "The other one is moving though...that is also a dead giveaway."

Speaking nonchalantly to Stormyrain, Cruxophim remarks, "Seems that's the most common way Grishom is involved."

Lylia says, "I meant only that this is not pre-ordained. A vision may be a warning. The very word 'monster,' in Common, implies a warning or a sign."

Speaking to Leafiara, Zosopage says, "One is on our plane of existence as it were at least. Don't need to travel to a special place for him."

Speaking huskily to Pukk, Jhenni says, "Here or in the be.....nevermind."

Stormyrain distantly says, "Yes, I agree. It is only one path from where we are now, not all paths."

Stormyrain observes the ground closely for tracks.

Speaking casually to Stormyrain, Cruxophim murmurs, "I would listen to the Mayor. She knows a thing or two about divination."

Evia says, "Don't take the really awful path, that's the ticket."

(Stormyrain moves slowly around the area, careful not to bump into anyone as she threads in and out of the crowd.)

Lylia demurs, "I know some methods, but I am not given to visions."

Speaking quietly to Evia, Morofinwe says, "But be aware the clear and easiest path could very well be a trap."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "If the town is destroyed I don't think you will be able to get elected again."

Speaking to Morofinwe, Evia says, "Very wise of you."

Stormyrain's eyes go darker red then they return to normal.

Stormyrain raises her eyebrow, the dark bloodjewel half-ring set within only enhancing her skeptical expression.

Leafiara relievedly says, "Lookin' better already, at least."

Lylia smoothly says, "I have served two terms already. Unless there are drastic changes, I shall not lead as Mayor again."

Lylia corrects, "I have had two terms, that is."

Stormyrain says, "The blue-eyed man's voice echoes in your mind, "End her. Stop the Bleakworld." As his voice fades, you look up to see four figures standing behind Grishom, their forms concealed in shadows. He smiles and nods to you and your vision fades."

Speaking bemusedly to Lylia, Cruxophim mouths, "Drastic changes?"

Stormyrain rubs her dark amethyst eyes.

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "I knew it...the four horsemen of the apocalypse!"

Thrassus says, "It appears he has our best interests at heart, at least."

(Stormyrain takes strips of cloth from her jacket and binds the cuts slowly, murmuring under her breath as she goes.)

Stormyrain murmurs, "If you say."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "You mean the alpacalypse." (context: the Dreavenings have a game involving illusionary alpacas racing)

Speaking to a large-fanged dull purple abyran'sa, Xorus asks, "Converting to the Blood God, are you?"

(Stormyrain rubs her temples.)

Stormyrain says, "I've no idea who the four behind him were, I could not tell."

Lylia says, "In this, we have a common aim, at least."


Music of War

A loud drum echoes in the distance.

Lylia says, "No matter what any of us think of Stone."

Cruxophim curiously speculates, "Four remaining paragons? Or horsemen of some sort?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Ooh somebody is having a party!"

Chamorr heartily says, "Nod good."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I wike drumsh."

Shinann says, "I thought of the paragons, also."

Chamorr heartily says, "To arms."

Thrassus asks, "Trolls again, perhaps?"

Morofinwe quietly exclaims, "No spiders!"

A loud drum echoes again in the distance.

Stormyrain murmurs, "I hope you will all excuse me from participating if it is bloodshed. I cannot participate in that until my wounds have healed."

Speaking quietly to Falvicar, Pukk exclaims, "It's up to you to save the town!"

Talonhawke: "Drums?"

Leifa asks, "What is that sound....is that a battle drum?"

Speaking quietly to Falvicar, Pukk exclaims, "Godspeed!"

Shinann says, "Sounds like it."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, no time to wonder why Grishom doesn't just reach out to his own present self to help... on to battle it is, then."

Dhazu: "I'm hearin it in the graveyard but seein nothin still."

Leafiara adds, "...probably."

Stormyrain begins to walk east but suddenly trips and goes flailing out of sight!

Xorus says, "Dealer's choice on the apocalypse."

Speaking uncertainly to Chaoswynd, Leafiara asks, "Is she okay?"

Cruxophim calmly notes, "Well, it's time to make the donuts again."

Speaking slowly to Leafiara, Chaoswynd says, "She will be."

Speaking relievedly to Chaoswynd, Leafiara says, "Well, you'd know."

Cryheart: "Anyone watching the gates?"

A warhorn blares on the horizon.

Cryheart asks, "Anyone watching the gates?"

Evia says, "Doubtful, most the town is standing here."

Morofinwe quietly says, "I will go to the bridge at Mine road."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "We can be, if ya lead onward."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

[travel begins]

Morofinwe quietly says, "Or not."

Dhazu asks, "Warhorns?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara acknowledges, "Normally I'd just charge out myself, but lately that hasn't been working out so well."

[travel ends]

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Evia says, "Where is May when we need the alarm sounded...maybe." (Maylan often sounds the alarm)

Cryheart: "We need someone at the west gate."

Lylia: "I am moving to the West Gate."

Chamorr: "West gate."

Cryheart: "We will need a wandering patrol inside of town."

Shinann says, "Did not see anything yet."

Speaking musingly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Only if they breach the gates, I'd think."

Cryheart says, "Always good to be ready."

Thrassus says, "There's plenty of tunnels leading into town they can use."

Morofinwe: "I am at the bridge on Mine Road."

Guarrin: "West gate clear, for now."

Leafiara concedes, "True enough."

Cryheart: "Any sightings?"

Avalera says, "Falvicar and I will take a patrol inside the gates."

The sound of metal clanging against metal echoes in the heart of the forest. Then it resonates from another direction, then another. A gutteral, dwarven warcry splits the night as a gruff voice bellows in the distance.

Shinann says, "I do not think they would blow a warhorn if they were going to sneak in in the tunnels."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Oh, maybe Brumas is on his way back."

Zosopage says, "Dwarven."

Pukk quietly says, "Oooh good that sounds perfectly safe."

Ysharra says, "Sounds like it."

Melikor says, "The dwarf, yes."

Pukk quietly says, "We can all stand down."

Leafiara approvingly says, "Excellent."

Ysharra says, "I wonder if he's been making friends."

Bernadette softly says, "I dunno Dwerves kin be pretty tuff."

Leifa threateningly says, "I eat dwarves for lunch."

Ysharra says, "Or if his condition's allowed him to manifest some."

Cryheart: "Hold attacks until attacked....could be Brumas."

Morofinwe: "Nothing on Mine road."

Kethrain: "I'm south Ring road."

Avalera: "The docks are quiet, and the wharf and Shanty Town seem fine."

Pukk screams at a pus-covered rolton!

Pukk quietly exclaims, "A dwarf!"

Speaking dubiously to a pus-covered rolton, Leafiara observes, "You're not a dwarven war party."

Leifa says, "Foul beast."

Cryheart: "Aye."

Chamorr: "Dont' whack Brumas?"

Leifa says, "Do not touch that thing, it's diseased."

Cryheart says, "Foul deeds indeed."

Lylia: "Do not kill him if possible. Take him alive. He is an anomaly. A vision who has been made manifest."

Cryheart: "Wait and see what he does if he does arrive...we need to ask him questions."

Evia: "So am I, so don't kill me either."

(Leafi goes scouting and returns)

Leafiara reports, "Nothing I can see out there yet."

Evia says, "They have very short legs, it takes them longer to get places."

Leafiara yells, "What was it ya said last time?! Fer guts and glory and beer!"

Chamorr: "Ok, don't kill da psycho dwarf."

Morofinwe: "Anything?"

Saverik just came through some reinforced wooden gates.

Saverik gestures.

Saverik looks less calm and refreshed than a moment ago.

A brilliant aura begins to radiate from Saverik!

CS: +451 - TD: +479 + CvA: +14 + d100: +51 - -5 == +42

Warded off!

Shinann appears startled briefly, but quickly regains her composure.

(casts at everyone else too)

Leifa says, "We can't let these diseased creatures run through town."

Saverik just went northwest.

Kethrain: "South ring road still clear."

Leafiara amusedly asks, "What's got -his- goat?"

Cryheart: "Aye."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "Knowing that your fiance is a dwarf, just pretend they are halflings."

Bernadette softly says, "Aye."

Kethrain: "Ok.. this may be weird but... do we have dragons?"

Lylia: "If possible. It may not be possible to take him alive. Other Paragons have been made to understand their plight. He is something other than the previous ones, though. How he lives here, in our world, while his real body is host to Raznel's insects...well. It is a mystery."

Lylia: "One that we should attempt to unravel if possible."

Bernadette softly says, "Gonna be hard on me fer that."

Zosopage: "The shadowy one, yes."

Cryheart: "Quiet at the North gate."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "Me, I'm pretending they are very short imps."

Kethrain: "Wow I have been gone for a long time."

Avalera: "Still quiet throughout town."

Guarrin: "West gate still clear."

Pukk quietly says, "Oh I know how to get them to come faster."

Pukk yells, "We has ale!"

Leafiara confesses, "Yeah, I'm itchin' for battle too."

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "Don't forget gems."

Speaking absently to Leafiara, Ysharra asks, "When aren't you...?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "Everybody be sure to protect and guard me...I'm squishy!"

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "Oh yeah."

Pukk yells, "We has ale and gems!"

Moving out of the forest, some armored dwarven soldiers march into view.

Speaking thoughtfully to Ysharra, Leafiara muses, "When I'm eating chocolate or when I'm--"

Pukk yells, "See Leafi for ales and gems!"

Leafiara suddenly says, "Never mind."

Cryheart: "Stand alert."

Morofinwe: "Mine Road is still clear."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ysharra asks, "Sleeping?"

Zosopage says, "Well that worked."

Speaking carefully to Ysharra, Leafiara says, "Yeah, let's go with that."

The dwarven soldiers form a line at the edge of the woods and stop their advance. They seem to almost flicker for a moment.

Speaking quietly to Zosopage, Pukk says, "I'm good at annoying people."

Talonhawke quietly asks, "Who is leading?"

Speaking to Pukk, Zosopage says, "No comment."

Evia says, "Oh golly."

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Cryheart yells, "Hello dwarven soldiers!"

Pukk yells, "Dwarves...we can see you....barely....come join us for ale!"

Thrassus asks, "Are those the illusions from the pocket world?"

Cryheart says, "Could be."

Stepping out from the line of warriors steps another, larger than the others and he marches towards the North Gate, a sledgehammer out, but thrown back over his shoulder.

Evia says, "Maybe so."


Brumas' War

Brumas just arrived.

Cryheart says, "Hello Brumas."

Brumas grunts in greeting.

Speaking to Brumas, Evia says, "Howdee."

Cryheart says, "Strange to see ye on this side of the portal."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Hello, sir."

Speaking quietly to Brumas, Pukk asks, "Want some ale?"

Leafiara dubiously asks, "Are you -not- here for war?"

Cryheart: "Brumas is here with us at the North gate."

Shinann: "Brumas at the North Gate."

Speaking to Brumas, Leifa says, "Ye'd better just be delivering ale, actually."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "You found some friends."

Cryheart says, "Hail hero Brumas."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "Where ya been all week?"

Brumas beats his hand against his breastplate in a greeting.

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr asks, "Howdy, buy ya an ale?"

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "We looked for you."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "I was worried that coming through the portal would make you lost to us."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "I think that is dwarven for he likes you and wants you to be his mate."

Brumas says, "We come for the Orc King and to liberate the Keep."

Speaking to Pukk, Lylia says, "Somehow I doubt it."

Cryheart says, "Errrr."

Evia says, "Oy."

Brumas points south, towads the Hendoran Outpost in the grasslands.

Cryheart says, "That was done a long time ago Brumas."

Leafiara slowly says, "Ahhh, so that's how this is gonna be."

Evia says, "There seems a bit of confusion."

Kethrain says, "Well.. right to the point."

Lylia says, "I do not know quite how to explain this to you..."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Those days are long over. That keep is the territory of the Human Empire, now."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "Friend, yer too late."

Speaking excitedly to Brumas, Pukk asks, "Are you going to destroy the keep?"

Bernadette softly says, "Ye was tinkin about long ago."

(OOC) Kenstrom's player whispers to the group, ""Towads?" That's how they say Towards in Boston. Damn typos..."

Cryheart says, "The Keep is the Hendoran outpost, mostly human now."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "They are our allies. And moreover, they are good people."

Leafiara whispers something to Pukk.

Speaking to Brumas, Leifa says, "So ya already deep in the ale, is what yer saying."

Thrassus says, "That keep belongs to the Hendorans."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Late late, I saw it not."

(OOC) Criemsen's player whispers to the group, "Ha. Yankee."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "No one there will harm you and yours, save if they are attacked first."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Late is the night, and my eyes dinnae behold the sight."

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Cryheart says, "Brumas, orcs dinnae reside in the Outpost."

Speaking to Saverik, Leifa says, "Don't touch the pus, man." (he'd attacked a pus-covered rolton)

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "There is much you need to hear, the year is 5119."

Cryheart says, "They are soldiers from Hendor."

Speaking softly to Leifa, Saverik says, "It's pretty putrid."

Bernadette softly says, "From long away."

Cryheart says, "Tis 5119 indeed."

Speaking softly to Brumas, Razanetika asks, "Have you lost the ability to speak?" (at this point he hadn't said anything in a while)

Pukk quietly says, "If he is there to destroy the outpost...I say we part and let him proceed and maybe even give him some spells and ale to help with the battle."

Cryheart says, "He is probably contemplating what we stated."

Speaking to Saverik, Leifa says, "There's disease about and obviously dementia is a side effect."

Lylia firmly says, "There will not be a diplomatic incident over this."

Brumas says, "We have come for the Orc King and we will liberate our fallen Keep."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "You are a warrior lost in time sir dwarf."

Kembriana melodically says, "Certainly not orcs, even if they are fairly smelly."

Speaking innocently to Lylia, Pukk exclaims, "We didn't do anything!"

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Guarrin asks, "I almost don't want to know but...we?"

Speaking softly to Brumas, Razanetika asks, "Orc King?"

Cryheart says, "Orc King is nae about here, Brumas."

Brumas says, "Your sorcery and lies will not deter us."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "You have no keep here. This is not close to Vohn Avis."

Speaking quietly to Brumas, Pukk exclaims, "That's right! Go destroy that outpost!"

Speaking to Guarrin, Evia says, "He somehow found a bunch o'mates."

Ysharra says, "You're more than a few hours' walk from what you are thinking of."

Lylia haughtily says, "Sorcery is not equivalent to lies. I do not lie."

Speaking to Brumas, Leifa says, "You have no authority here."

Brumas says, "This is our land."

Speaking to Ysharra, Evia asks, "Dwarven ranger?"

Morofinwe quietly says, "Oh here we go."

Cryheart says, "Nae, this is Wehnimer's Landing friend."

Brumas says, "We will retake it and behead the Orc King and his allies who took it."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "You've been out here for days. Has nothing seemed out of place to you?"

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "Looks like you're not mayor anymore."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia exclaims, "My friend, your map is NO good!"

Leifa indignantly exclaims, "This is no dwarven property!"

Cryheart says, "You are lost, Brumas."

Cryheart says, "And confused."

Xorus whispers something to Lylia.

Pukk quietly asks, "Ooh is Brumas part ranger?"

Lylia asks, "Shall we simply show him?"

Pukk quietly says, "That would explain it."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "Please. You remember what we told you. Let us show you."

Brumas says, "Cast not your lies."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "If you see those who dwell in the Keep, you will understand."

Brumas exclaims, "We will not suffer them. We come for the Orc King or we come for WAR!"

Cryheart says, "If ye would like to see with your own eyes Brumas...join us."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "This is Wehnimer's Landing Sir dwarf."

Lylia says, "We are not a far walk from the 'keep.' Let us walk with you, and show you, and you shall see for yourself. If I am wrong, you may strike me down where I stand."

Speaking to Ysharra, Kethrain asks, "And if he doesn't and sees them as a threat what then?"

Cryheart says, "We can show ye..they are soldiers from Hendor."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia asks, "See right there on that big ole sign, where it say Wehnimer's Landing?"

Talonhawke quietly says, ".... or he'll see orcs.... to a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Zosopage says, "There is no Orc King."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "The only orc you will find is a soul that has been twisted by the witch. Like yours has."

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Thrassus says, "You had best prepare yourselves."

Leifa exclaims, "This dwarf has gone mad! Constable!"

Speaking to Zosopage, Leafiara muses, "You better hope a certain someone doesn't come out to the battle, then..."

Speaking deeply to Brumas, Guarrin asks, "Alright, who would you believe then?"

Arshwikk says, "War is fine too though."

Brumas says, "You speak still in riddles. Your minds addled by the darkness. By the Orc King and his necromancers."

Speaking to Leafiara, Zosopage says, "Oh? I didn't know he thought himself as King."

Morofinwe quietly asks, "Someone show him a map?"

Brumas says, "So be it. We will find the Orc King's corpse by sifting through yours."

Speaking softly to Brumas, Razanetika asks, "Does the Orc King have a name?"

Speaking mildly to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "He doesn't have to be the one who thinks it. Brumas does."

Kelrion says, "Now that sounds like fun."

The barrier of icy blue light that was surrounding Brumas's form dissipates.

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "Did you not go through the silver portal, a few moons ago?"

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Cryheart asks, "Sifting through what?"

Ethereal ribbons form and hover around Leafiara, twisting about in the air as if preparing to reach for something.

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

As Leafiara moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Leafiara!

... 4 points of damage!

An icy blast to the back! Sleeping will not be easy tonight.

Pukk whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking to Lylia, Kethrain says, "Have him locked up.."

Speaking to Leafiara, Zosopage says, "Ahh gotcha."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "Dwarf, stand down."

Brumas positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

Cryheart says, "Hold the attacks please."

Leafiara scoffs at Brumas.

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra asks, "Don't you see what your own eyes tell you?"

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin says, "Maybe I should start using 'We'."

Leafiara offhandedly says, "Was a binding spell, incidentally, but--"

Cryheart says, "Brumas, ye in been in a dream state for a long time."

Leifa exclaims, "Because dwarves are daft even on their best days!"

Cryheart says, "The Orc King has nae been around here."

Speaking to Brumas, Ysharra says, "You've been fighting so long you don't know. You're already dead."

[Roll result: 95 (open d100: 14)]

Brumas charges towards Leafiara and attempts a headbutt!

Leafiara manages to dodge Brumas's headbutt in the nick of time!

Leafiara smirks at Brumas.

Brumas growls at Leafiara.

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

[SMR result: 70 (Open d100: 64)]

A distant melody gives Brumas pause, but nothing comes of it.

Pukk draws a glowing pattern in the air before Brumas.

Brumas's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.

Cryheart says, "Brumas, cease."

Speaking surprisedly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Oh, nice tactics."

Shinann says, "Stop."

Brumas stands up.

Leafiara advises, "Quick, form a circle to cut him off while we have a chance."

Guarrin deeply says, "Alright, something has to get through to him."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "Dwarf stand down."

Leafiara slowly says, "...or... not."

Zosopage says, "Hope that doesn't just anger him."

Evia says, "The captain said stop, now stop."

Ysharra says, "Neat trick. I wonder if it'll work on all of them."

Brumas slowly raises his sledgehammer to the sky.

Kelrion says, "So soon it turns to violence... how lovely."

Ysharra says, "Watch out."

Brumas says, "We will bring war. You have left us no choice."

Kethrain says, "I say have him locked up till he can hear reason thru that thick head of his."

Thrassus says, "Best get some folks to the west gate."

Lylia says, "You should not even be here."

Brumas marches back to the row of dwarven warriors in the forest.


Battle

Cryheart says, "Brumas, cease."

Ysharra says, "No, the choice was yours."

Morofinwe quietly says, "If a rolton slays him I will laugh so hard."

Cryheart says, "Ok..here they come, prepare."

Leafiara dismissively says, "Oh, you would have brought it any--"

Ysharra says, "He's chosen...poorly."

Leafiara concludes, "...way."

Razanetika softly says, "He's gone... prepare yourselves."

Kethrain exclaims, "Ready yourselves!"

Laralana says, "Well."

Evia says, "That is some persistent vision."

A wardrum bangs loudly in the distance.

Chamorr heartily says, "Now where did he find an army."

Evia says, "Golly."

Laralana says, "This is going to go well."

Pukk yells, "If you go to Icemule they has a lot of ale too!"

Lylia says, "I do not even know if these 'warriors' of his are real or illusory as well."

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin says, "You weren't kidding."

Cryheart says, "Back to your posts."

Lylia says, "We shall see."

Cryheart: "Back to your posts."

Melikor says, "We're about to find out."

Leifa says, "Insane dwarf posse."

Evia says, "Sadly, he shall not be turned from his sad belief."

Cryheart says, "He has gone a bit mad in his duty."

Lylia says, "Oh, there is one way he shall be turned."

The air within the forest seems to shimmer like moonlight dancing along a lake's surface. One by one, more dwarven warriors appear, seemingly out of thin air.

Speaking quietly to Melikor, Morofinwe asks, "Where is my uncle?"

Ysharra says, "He may be unable to, much like the Earl."

Talonir says, "Here we go again."

Evia says, "Well...that one way, yes."

Leafiara yells, "If any of you out there be real, stand down and leave Brightforge to his delusion on his own--"

Pukk quietly says, "We should have just let him go to the outpost then clean up afterwards."

Shinann says, "Well, he is out of his time. Among other things."

Leafiara concludes, "Oh, that would look like not so real, then."

Bernadette whispers to the group, "Roup Duckky Boys."

Cryheart says, "He is as confused as Pylasar."

A bearded dwarven warrior ambles in.

[combat ensues]

Cryheart says, "This is nae the elite warriors it seems." (too weak for capped adventurers to learn from, crit killable, low health)

Speaking to an animated bearded dwarven warrior, Leifa says, "Not so uppity now, are ya."

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Pukk says, "That is smart...animating one of them to tick them off more."

Falvicar quietly says, "So much for not attacking unless attacked."

An animated bearded dwarven warrior thrusts with a pilum at an animated bearded dwarven warrior!

AS: +277 vs DS: +119 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +15 = +170

... and hits for 5 points of damage!

Thrust glances off the dwarven warrior's knee.

Evia says, "Sort of amusing in a sick way, animates against...something like animates."

Arshwikk says, "Free entertainment."

Lylia says, "They are puppets. They are something even less than that, being visions as well, out of time and out of place."

[combat]

Lylia says, "I feel no guilt for that."

[combat]

Evia yells, "Stand down Brumas, your troops are falling fast!"

[combat]

A bearded dwarven warrior heads southwest.

Zosopage yells, "Stop this Brumas. You are sacrificing your men for nothing!"

Leafiara says, "Retreating dwarves. As sure a proof as any that they're illusions."

Morofinwe: "Nothing at Mine road bridge yet."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Pukk says, "There you go. They aren't real. You should feel better."

[combat]

Speaking to a black-toed saddleback foxhound, Leifa says, "There'll be fresh dwarf meat for supper, albeit it might be a little...off."

[combat; myrmidons join the fray]

Evia says, "They're as fragile as pansies." (negative melee DS)

Cryheart says, "They are probably testing our defenses."

Talonhawke quietly says, "Careful what you ask for..."

Speaking to Ysharra, Melikor says, "Found one."

Pukk quietly says, "Maybe these are just meant to wear us down first."

Ysharra says, "I find that curiously optimistic."

Kethrain asks, "Do we have triage ready in town?"

Evia asks, "Delusion plans of delusional dwarves?"

[extended combat; battlemasters, soldiers, and dreadnaughts join the fray and are a bit tougher, but still get quickly overwhelmed by Landing defenders]

Kethrain exclaims, "Ugh that stung!"

[combat]

Cryheart: "How goes the battle?"

Lylia: "It is barely a battle at all."

Cryheart: "Aye."

(Leafi goes to raise; familiar watches at north gate)

Arshwikk asks, "They sending their children at us?"

Chaoswynd: "Considering they're only hitting the north gate, I think you know already."

Evia says, "So far they only have Razanetika's bones to sift through, let's keep it that way..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ryndith asks, "What's happening out there?"

Lylia: "They are not equipped to fight what they are facing in us. Remember, they are expecting a band of orcs."

Speaking dismissively to Ryndith, Leafiara says, "Very weak dwarves."

(return to the battlefield)

Cryheart: "Had a few better trained soldiers attack us."

Thrassus says, "Perhaps we should have let them attack the keep, it'd be good practice for the Hendorans."

Speaking quietly to Thrassus, Pukk exclaims, "Yes!"

Guarrin deeply asks, "Would it?"

Pukk quietly exclaims, "That is what I have been saying all this time!"

Lylia says, "Perhaps, but I doubt the soldiers within the keep would appreciate it."

Speaking to Thrassus, Ysharra says, "They're awfully good at siegecraft, though, dwarves."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Gads, such a slaughter."

[combat, but once they bring in dwarven rangers to cast Mass Calm and Spike Thorn, things start going wrong]

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Ooh."

[extended combat]

Evia says, "Calmed."

[extended combat]

Evia says, "Calmed." (...more or less the story for most of us, repeatedly calmed and uncalmed)

The ghostly voice of Criemsen says, "Oops."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a twisted wand, a star sapphire, a star ruby, a crystal amulet, a star ruby, a battered silver chest, a ruby amulet, a star ruby, a solid moonstone cube, an uncut diamond, an animated bearded dwarven warrior, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a husky dwarven ranger, a husky dwarven ranger, a large-fanged dull purple abyran'sa, the Guarrin disk, the Arshwikk disk, a husky black and white kitten, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a black wolf that is sitting, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, the Ysharra disk, the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: a calmed Mayor Lylia, a calmed Alasatia, the body of Chaoswynd who is lying down, a calmed Lord Chamorr, the body of Lord Morofinwe who is lying down, a calmed Pukk, a calmed High Lady Lauranathalasa, a calmed Xorus, a calmed Avalera, a calmed Guarrin, a calmed Event Planner Leafiara, a calmed Saverik, a calmed Arena Hero Arshwikk, the body of Talonir who is lying down, the body of Lord Thrassus who is lying down, a calmed Leifa, the body of High Lady Laralana who is lying down, a calmed Ysharra, Dame Evia, the body of Sofal who is lying down, the body of High Lord Criemsen who is lying down, the body of Bernadette who is lying down, a calmed Zosopage, a calmed Sir Cryheart

Cryheart says, "Get the ranger."

The ghostly voice of Criemsen says, "Oof."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Morofinwe quietly says, "That stung."

[extended combat]

Cryheart: "Husky dwarvern rangers."

[combat]

Lylia says, "I am still becalmed."

Xorus says, "This is irritating."

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin asks, "Take a light swing at me?"

The ghostly voice of Morofinwe quietly says, "I at least got a few swings in."

[very extended combat]

Speaking to Lylia, Evia exclaims, "Just for silly conjecture's sake, what if we told him we surrender? Joking!"

[extended combat]

Xorus says, "I am half tempted to claim to be the Orc King."

Shinann says, "I will go look."

[combat]

Speaking eagerly to Xorus, Leafiara exclaims, "I like it, good idea!"

[combat]

Evia says, "Bloody hell, calmed again."

[combat]

Leafiara notes, "Watch for the clouds. Breeze or Call Wind will help."

[combat]

Leafiara adds, "Or Spirit Dispel."

[combat]

Alasatia asks, "Swing at me please?"

Guarrin deeply says, "Cloud."

Dwarven warriors materialize out of thin air in the forest and begin marching towards the Hendoran Outpost chanting, "Reclaim, Reclaim, Reclaim! For Honor!"

[combat]

Evia says, "Calmed."

[combat]

Saverik softly says, "Bah same."

[combat]

Evia says, "Lovely."

[combat]

Guarrin deeply says, "Calm is annoying."

[combat]

Saverik softly says, "I feel so... calm."

[extended combat]

Shinann recites:

"I would think they can fend for themselves at the Outpost."

Speaking decisively to Shinann, Leafiara agrees, "Indeed."

Chamorr heartily says, "Calm."

Speaking deeply to Evia, Guarrin asks, "Give me a swing?"

Arshwikk says, "Also calm."

Leifa says, "Swing at me, someone."

Evia says, "Me too please."

Kronzcrest is enraged by Leafiara's attack!

Leafiara swings a closed fist at Kronzcrest!

AS: +347 vs DS: +70 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +53 = +348

... and hit for 29 points of damage!

Large gash to the right arm, several muscles torn.

He is stunned!

The guiding force leaves Leafiara.

Saverik softly says, "Swing at me please."

Leafiara sheepishly says, "Err... oops."

Speaking embarrassedly to Kronzcrest, Leafiara says, "Sorry."

[combat]

Leafiara recites:

"Form on Cryheart again!" (he'd disconnected)

[combat; dwarven champions emerge]

Leafiara says, "Ah, feras again..."

[combat]

Evia says, "Dangit."

Shinann: "Pick up or destroy all feras."

[extended combat; just fill in plenty of people mentioning they're calmed]

Chamorr recites heartily:

"Rejoin cry" (he'd disconnected again)

Arshwikk says, "Join Cryheart."

[combat]


Odd Intentions

Brumas just arrived, dragging the body of Lothylend with him.

Brumas just went through some reinforced wooden gates, dragging the body of Lothylend with him.

(pursues)

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a friendly glacier spirit that is flying around, a raven that is flying around, a fearful forest spirit that is flying around, the Scarswyrth disk, an acrimonious sun spirit that is flying around, a glum mountain spirit that is flying around, a sinuous bone white serpent, a downtrodden mountain spirit that is flying around, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a large acorn, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, an unlit candle votive, a large acorn, a cup of sweetened tea, a wooden arrow, a bundle of arrows, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Lothylend who is lying down, Brumas, Bernadette, Lord Beluar, the body of Evinescence who is lying down, Zosopage, the body of Leifa who is lying down, Maven Brokkrsten, Razanetika who is sitting, Alasatia, Guarrin who is lying down, Lord Symbion, Villorn who is sitting, Lord Morofinwe who is sitting, Sofal, Scarswyrth, Lord Thrassus, Great Lord Ryndith who is kneeling, a stunned Lord Conrash who is kneeling, Yatlervic, Dacranzi, Lord Zannath, Ingward who is kneeling, Jennora, Infrurnier

Brumas just went northwest.

(pursues again)

Shinann: "I lost him."

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

As you progress on this north-south path, the dark forest to the west catches your eye. A little forbidding in its primeval appearance, it is sure to offer a good source of small-game hunting. You also see a stout dwarven soldier, a bearded dwarven warrior, a mottled rolton hide tent and a withered patch of grass. Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it north.

(pursues)

Evia: "He drug a body in and went back out."

Evia: "And again.."

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a slender blue wand, a large white pearl, a large wooden barrel and the town gates.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas

The ghostly voice of Snore says, "Thanks."

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it south.

(pursues)

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see a large painted sign.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Alasatia, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas

Cryheart: "Brumas is here and went inside the gae."

Ethereal ribbons form and hover around Leafiara, twisting about in the air as if preparing to reach for something.

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

As Leafiara moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Leafiara!

... 1 point of damage!

Leafiara winces as the blast numbs her right arm.

Brumas says, "Do not thank me. Rise and return to battle."

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it west.

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see an old weathered cart with some stuff on it.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Mayor Lylia, Alasatia, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it south.

Lylia commands, "Hold!"

[Wehnimer's, Talon St.]

The street runs between the northern palisade and the central square to the south and east. The traffic is varied here, as a few traders and travelers mingle on the dark streets with the ever-present and watchful militiamen. The pristine walls of the Stone Baths occupy nearly the entire block. You also see a brightly lit small painted wagon.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Alasatia, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas, Melikor

Alasatia asks, "Why would we?"

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it south.

Leafiara: "He seems to be returning people to the square."

Thrassus: "He's assisting with corpse retrieval apparently?"

Evia says, "Grr." (back at north gate)

Speaking dubiously to Brumas, Leafiara asks, "What are you doing?"

Brumas grabs Snore's body and drags it southeast.

Cryheart says, "Thank ye."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a joyous snow spirit that is flying around, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a friendly glacier spirit that is flying around, a raven that is flying around, a fearful forest spirit that is flying around, the Scarswyrth disk, an acrimonious sun spirit that is flying around, a glum mountain spirit that is flying around, a sinuous bone white serpent, a downtrodden mountain spirit that is flying around, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a large acorn, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, some cave moss, an unlit candle votive, a large acorn, a cup of sweetened tea, a wooden arrow, a bundle of arrows, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, the body of Snore who is lying down, Brumas, Lord Beluar, Arena Combatant Resonancer, Lord Morofinwe, Markosi, Essital, the body of Lothylend who is lying down, Bernadette, the body of Evinescence who is lying down, Zosopage, a stunned Leifa who is lying down, a stunned Maven Brokkrsten, Razanetika who is sitting, Guarrin who is sitting, Lord Symbion, Villorn who is sitting, Sofal, Scarswyrth, Lord Thrassus, Great Lord Ryndith who is kneeling, Lord Conrash who is kneeling, Yatlervic, Dacranzi, Lord Zannath, Ingward who is kneeling, Jennora, Infrurnier

Speaking quietly to Jennora, Morofinwe says, "Amidst the chaos I wanted to ensure I got you."

Evia: "Making good on his vow to sift through our bones."

Brumas just went northwest.

[back at North Gate via familiar vision]

Brumas just came through some reinforced wooden gates.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart gracefully avoids the attack!

Cryheart glances at Brumas.

(returns to being physically present)

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a bearded dwarven warrior, a bearded dwarven warrior, a bearded dwarven warrior, a round-eared light grey tarsier, a supple azure sheath, the Arshwikk disk, a husky black and white kitten, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a black wolf, the Wayside inn and a reinforced wooden defense tower.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Alasatia, Brumas, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Sir Cryheart, Lord Chamorr, Avalera, Saverik, Arena Hero Arshwikk, Dame Evia

Cryheart begins chortling at Brumas.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart evades the attack with ease!

Speaking to Brumas, Leafiara confesses, "If you're supporting an endless war by aiding even your enemy, I can't say I don't understand to an extent, but..."

[Leafi resumes trying to cast Condemn at him]

Shinann: "They are in town."

Cryheart is enraged by Brumas's attack!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart skillfully dodges the attack!

Shinann: "Well one was."

Brumas says, "The fallen deserve to be buried."


Carry a Big Hammer

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Cryheart in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Cryheart is enraged by Brumas's attack!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart evades the attack with incredible finesse!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart barely dodges the attack!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart evades the attack with ease!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart evades the attack by inches!

Leafiara says, "...I see..."

As Cryheart moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 2 points of damage!

Cold blast to the ears. Cryheart should have worn a hat!

He is stunned!

[more casts of Condemn woven in all throughout the below, but none connect (needed a 94 roll)]

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Cryheart in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

Cryheart stumbles dazedly, somehow managing to evade the attack!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

AS: +786 vs DS: +449 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +81 = +457

... and hits for 42 points of damage!

Large gash to the left arm, several muscles torn.

As Cryheart's duelling gauntlets is hit, its outer rim seems to fold inward upon itself drawing Brumas along with it!

A steel blue mithril breastplate partially deflects the onslaught of the vacuum attack.

... 1 point of damage!

Abdomen swells as the air rushes away from it!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

AS: +786 vs DS: +449 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +65 = +441

... and hits for 51 points of damage!

Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

AS: +786 vs DS: +434 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +14 = +405

... and hits for 37 points of damage!

Left hand smashed into a pulpy mass.

As Cryheart moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 15 points of damage!

Cryheart jumps back as the chilly attack bruises his left hand!

As Chamorr moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Chamorr!

... 5 points of damage!

My! It looks like Chamorr will be stiff in the morning! Better ice down the bruises!

Arshwikk nocks a faewood arrow fletched with scarlet feathers in his bow.

As Arshwikk moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Arshwikk!

... 1 point of damage!

A chilly blast strikes Arshwikk in the chest, knocking him back a step.

The arrow disappears into the local environs.

As Cryheart moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Cryheart!

... 10 points of damage!

Almost missed! A pair of gloves would have helped!

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Cryheart in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

AS: +786 vs DS: +434 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +84 = +475

... and hits for 43 points of damage!

Finger ripped away from left hand.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Cryheart!

AS: +786 vs DS: +419 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +99 = +505

... and hits for 50 points of damage!

Throat nearly crushed. Cryheart makes gurgling noises.

Cryheart drops dead at your feet!

Arshwikk nocks a faewood arrow fletched with scarlet feathers in his bow.

Arshwikk fires an arrow at Brumas!

A steel blue mithril breastplate partially deflects the onslaught of the puncture attack.

AS: +570 vs DS: +569 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +86 = +125

... and hits for 1 point of damage!

Attack bumps an eyebrow.

Close!

Lacking the force and angle to lodge in Brumas, the arrow simply falls.

(this wasn't deflected because his barrier had just worn off)

Alasatia chants a short phrase, embers leaping from her fingertips, as she clenches her hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Alasatia gestures at Brumas.

As Alasatia moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Alasatia!

Some sculpted tenebrous leathers vertically strapped at the ribcage partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 5 points of damage!

Brrrr! That was a good hit to the right leg! Knocked Alasatia silly.

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Brumas for a moment, then dissipate.

Evia says, "Generally one waits until the end of the battle..."

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Chamorr in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Chamorr!

AS: +786 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +89 = +517

... and hits for 65 points of damage!

Mighty swing separates head from shoulders.

Chamorr drops dead at your feet!

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Cman bearh brum."

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Leafiara in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow. Before fading, it flickers with a pale incandescence.

Brumas positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow. Before fading, it flickers with a pale incandescence.

Brumas positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Leafiara!

Leafiara evades the attack by inches!

Arshwikk nocks a faewood arrow fletched with scarlet feathers in his bow.

As Arshwikk moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Arshwikk!

... 3 points of damage!

An icy blast to the back! Sleeping will not be easy tonight.

Speaking wryly to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "Little late."

Leafiara scoffs at Brumas.

Leafiara sings lilting, lightsome lyrics in a lively summons to local spirits! Shining leaves surround her, sparkling and sprightly, and she loosely sways her body lightly...

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

As Leafiara moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Leafiara!

... 1 point of damage!

Leafiara winces as the blast numbs her right arm.

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at Brumas.

As Lylia moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Lylia!

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

Brumas clenches his fists and a wave of energy ripples across the ground, causing it to shake violently! You lose your footing and fall down.

Roundtime: 22 sec.

Melikor says, "Meh."

Shinann: "They are in the town."

Brumas exclaims, "To the Keep! We will reclaim it and find the Orc King!"

Brumas just went southwest.

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Guarrin asks, "What got you?"

Kethrain: "Is it still happening?"

(pursuing Brumas)

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

To the west, the landscape is gradually changing from a thick dark forest to an open, green grassy plain. You also see a burly dwarven defender, a pus-covered rolton, a pus-covered rolton, a pus-covered rolton, a weathered canvas tent and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, Brumas

Xorus's group just arrived.

Alasatia just arrived.

[Roll result: 99 (open d100: 23)]

Brumas charges towards Leafiara and attempts a headbutt!

Leafiara manages to dodge Brumas's headbutt in the nick of time!

Leafiara grins crookedly at Brumas.

[more attempts to cast Condemn at him]

Brumas looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brumas engages Leafiara in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Leafiara!

By amazing chance, she evades the attack!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Leafiara!

AS: +786 vs DS: +697 with AvD: +55 + d100 roll: +34 = +178

... and hits for 51 points of damage!

Skull cracks in several places.

She is stunned!

Brumas swings a mithril-bound dark blue steel sledgehammer at Leafiara!

AS: +786 vs DS: +557 with AvD: +55 + d100 roll: +97 = +381

... and hits for 187 points of damage!

A mighty hit turns Leafiara's insides to outsides!

Leafiara drops dead at your feet!

Brumas kicks some dirt on Leafiara's corpse.

Speaking mockingly to Brumas, Leafiara says, "Took ya long enough even with your barrier."

[teleporting self-raise]


Storming the Keep

(spends quite a while in TSC due to a shortage of healers)

Resonancer says, "Looks like I need to be more careful."

The ghostly voice of Nazarr says, "I was doing fine fighting them on my own." (was killed by Sonic Disruption from a bard)

Evia says, "Hmm."

Leafiara admits, "He kinda knocked off most of my head."

Hendoran knights come charging out of the Hendoran Outpost!

Chamorr heartily says, "Maybe I jus go to Helga's."

The ghostly voice of Zosopage says, "Them rangers are nasty."

The voice of Gryzzlbok says, "Chamorr, Bearhug Brumas so it'll immobilize him."

[Voln - Evia] "The Hendorans are at the gate"

Evia: "The Hendorans are at the gate."

Evia says, "Where the dwarf go I wonder."

Cryheart: "Any sightings of Brumas?"

Lylia: "He is near the outpost."

[via familiar vision...]

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Grasslands]

Growing among the warm grasses are a few scattered trees. It is hard to tell if the forest you can see to the west is encroaching upon the grasslands or if it is slowly being harvested and replaced for grazing. You also see a roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten, an armored Hendoran knight, a wooden shield, a wooden shield, a morning star, an armored Hendoran knight, a green malachite stone, a large-fanged dull purple abyran'sa, a wooden shield, a morning star, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a fortified stone imperial outpost, a huge imperial wagon, a glowing blue-white pylon, a long metal-plated wagon, a long metal-plated wagon and a long metal-plated wagon.

Also here: Avalera who is lying down, Dame Evia who is lying down, Sir Cryheart who is lying down, Alasatia, a stunned Lord Chamorr who is lying down, the body of Mayor Lylia who is lying down, a stunned Xorus who is lying down, Chaoswynd, Brumas

Alasatia chants a short phrase, embers leaping from her fingertips, as she clenches her hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Alasatia gestures at Brumas.

As Alasatia moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Alasatia!

Some sculpted tenebrous leathers vertically strapped at the ribcage partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 2 points of damage!

A frosty blow to the neck. Bet that smarts!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Brumas for a moment, then dissipate.

Alasatia chants a short phrase, embers leaping from her fingertips, as she clenches her hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Alasatia gestures at Brumas.

As Alasatia moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Alasatia!

Some sculpted tenebrous leathers vertically strapped at the ribcage partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 5 points of damage!

Brrrr! That was a good hit to the right leg! Knocked Alasatia silly.

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Brumas for a moment, then dissipate.

[lots more casting at him]

An armored Hendoran knight says, "Hey, Alasatia! I'm on your side! Watch it!"

Cryheart says, "Errr."

[Roll result: 48 (open d100: 12)]

Brumas charges towards Evia and attempts to grasp her in a ferocious bearhug!

Evia deftly avoids Brumas's grasp!

[Roll result: 42 (open d100: 6)]

Brumas charges towards Evia and attempts to grasp her in a ferocious bearhug!

Evia deftly avoids Brumas's grasp!

Speaking to Xorus, Evia asks, "Did you convince him?"

[Roll result: 43 (open d100: 7)]

Brumas charges towards Evia and attempts to grasp her in a ferocious bearhug!

Evia deftly avoids Brumas's grasp!

Xorus says, "No."

Evia gives Brumas a friendly little kick.

Brumas exclaims, "Bleed the orcs and their allies!"

Cryheart says, "Ye attacking Imperial soldiers, Brumas."

Avalera says, "I don't see any orcs."

(Leafi goes to the scene, healed up)

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Grasslands]

Growing among the warm grasses are a few scattered trees. It is hard to tell if the forest you can see to the west is encroaching upon the grasslands or if it is slowly being harvested and replaced for grazing. You also see a pus-covered rolton that appears dead, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, a black wolf, a wooden shield, a wooden shield, a morning star, a green malachite stone, a large-fanged dull purple abyran'sa, a wooden shield, a morning star, a fortified stone imperial outpost, a huge imperial wagon, a glowing blue-white pylon, a long metal-plated wagon, a long metal-plated wagon and a long metal-plated wagon.

Also here: Event Planner Leafiara, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Avalera, Dame Evia, Sir Cryheart, Lord Chamorr, Xorus, Brumas

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "If yer not gonna let me smack you, then stand down."

Cryheart says, "Stop."

Shinann: "Do not attack the Knights."

Brumas looks around, seeing many of his dwarven soldiers gone.

Cryheart: "Dinnae attack the knights."

Brumas lifts a horn up to his mouth and blows.

Shinann: "They are not attacking."

Speaking to Brumas, Evia says, "Gone by the scores."

A horn blast in the distance.

Cryheart says, "Cease Brumas."

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "It's 5119 dang it dwarf."

Brumas exclaims, "Fall back! We will regroup and return!"

The barrier of icy blue light that was surrounding Brumas's form dissipates.

Ethereal ribbons form and hover around Leafiara, twisting about in the air as if preparing to reach for something.

Leafiara gestures at Brumas.

CS: +469 - TD: +316 + CvA: -28 + d100: +23 == +148

Warding failed!

Brumas suddenly stops all movement.

(worked because his barrier had just faded)

Brumas gestures and curls of icy vapor whisper into existence, coalescing around his body to form a swirling barrier of blue light.

Alasatia chants a short phrase, embers leaping from her fingertips, as she clenches her hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Alasatia gestures at Brumas.

As Alasatia moves to attack Brumas, the icy blue light surrounding his body intensifies in frequency and solidifies! Suddenly, the light violently flares out toward Alasatia!

Some sculpted tenebrous leathers vertically strapped at the ribcage partially deflects the onslaught of the frigid attack.

... 1 point of damage!

Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Brumas for a moment, then dissipate.

A flash of icy blue light ripples over Brumas, healing him of all of his wounds.

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Grasslands]

Growing among the warm grasses are a few scattered trees. It is hard to tell if the forest you can see to the west is encroaching upon the grasslands or if it is slowly being harvested and replaced for grazing. You also see the Arshwikk disk, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a pus-covered rolton, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten, a sharp-nosed fire wyrdling, a black wolf, a wooden shield, a wooden shield, a morning star, a green malachite stone, a large-fanged dull purple abyran'sa, a wooden shield, a morning star, a fortified stone imperial outpost, a huge imperial wagon, a glowing blue-white pylon, a long metal-plated wagon, a long metal-plated wagon and a long metal-plated wagon.

Also here: Arena Hero Arshwikk, Chaoswynd, Alasatia, Event Planner Leafiara, High Lady Lauranathalasa, Avalera, Dame Evia, Sir Cryheart, Lord Chamorr, Xorus, Brumas who is immobilized

Speaking heartily to Brumas, Chamorr says, "Report Brumas."

Brumas marches off, seeming to slowly melt away into thin air. The dwarven warriors in the forest fade out of sight as well.