ANALYZE has been updated to consider where an item is worn when it tells you whether or not it can be lightened or deepened any further, as well as any restrictions on the number of items it can hold. This is not a change of the 'rules' for these containers, but rather, bringing ANALYZE in line with our maximum capacity standards which are used at normal merchant lightening/deepening sessions.
While some of your containers may now correctly indicate they cannot be deepened when previously ANALYZE said otherwise, you may also have other containers which now indicate they can be deepened if they were previously lightened to max light before you finished deepening. We also allow extremely tiny containers (like jewelry) to be lightened to under a pound, where previously they were limited to two pounds from merchant lightening/deepening.
>>I think this makes the system much more clear for new players, rather than the old "deepen before lighten" wisdom.
>>I feel sure there may be a gswiki article on the topic, but does anyone have a link as far as what the 'standard' minima and maxima are?
There still is some wisdom for "deepen before lighten" on some containers. Take cloaks for example - they can be deepened to a maximum of 140lbs. However! This 140lbs has the condition that the weight be at least 6lbs. If you lighten your cloak to 5lbs, it will not be able to be deepened to 140lb capacity. You need to be careful, as merchants cannot add weight to containers to allow you to deepen them!
Just to leave some of the guesswork out of this...
- For cloakworn/backworn - as stated, the max capacity is 140lbs when it weighs at least 6lbs. After that, it can hold 120lbs at a minimum weight of 5lbs, and 90lbs when it weighs 4lbs.
- For shoulder-slung - it can hold a maximum of 60lbs at a minimum weight of 3lbs.
- For all other containers, the minimum weight is 2lbs (with various capacities depending on where it is worn), UNLESS a container holds 5lbs or less, at which point it can be lightened to under a pound.
I hope that clears up some confusion for you!
Additional container size categories have been added to the verb! There have been some communication issues regarding container capacity, both between players and between players and staff. This is designed to more narrowly pinpoint the capacity of a container in question. The old categories were very small, small, medium, large, and very large. The new scale is:
Containers can still range in capacity within those categories, but the spread is no longer quite as wide. This does not affect the actual capacity of any existing containers, but may result in the capacity displaying differently. This update involves the INSPECT verb only. No items have been touched with this update.
A good question was emailed to me on epic deepening, so let me explain the limitations on it.
- Back and shoulder (cloak) worn containers will be deepened to 200lbs.
- Slung over the shoulder (like a shield) worn containers will be deepened to 100lbs.
- Belt, attached to a belt, over-the-front, torso/chest, and leg worn containers will be deepened to 60lbs.
- Everything else to 20lbs.
This obviously puts cloaks and backpacks into the most desired, or making a belt hold 60lbs. If your container is already over these numbers, we will not be adding anymore (go home crystal & gem bags, you're drunk).