A Farewell to Pies

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

[This log begins in Town Square Central and takes place from Lazaryth's perspective.]

You glance around the area.

You glance at Maylan.

Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "Mister, do you want ME to help YOU burn something down?"

You laugh out loud!

You say, "A more accurate statement would be, I would like to watch you burn something down, from a safe distance."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "That doesn't sound very fun or productive."

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "I don't know what you're talking about. If it was good enough for Moot Hall, surely it's good enough for.. the general store, say."

You glance southeast.

Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "Mister, you wanna come with me and burn down the General Store?"

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "...I would like to come and watch you burn down the general store, yes."

Goblyn wipes some raspberry jelly off her face with her hand.

Goblyn starts chortling at you!

You shrug.

Tawariell gazes in amusement at you.

Darcena flashes Goblyn a wolfish grin.

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "He doesn't wanna."

Goblyn leans over and whispers, "You will tell me when she is doing this? I will like to watch, also! And maybe with helping!"

You glance incredulously at Goblyn.

Tawariell scoots over next to you.

Tawariell spits on her hand and vigorously rubs at your face with it.

You quietly whisper to Goblyn, "All right, I'll see if I can convince her."

Tawariell adopts an agreeable expression.

You gaze with interest at Maylan.

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "How can I put this..."

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "I think if you were to direct your energies toward the general store, you'd be doing the town a great service."

Speaking to yourself, you mumble, "Because we're all bored to death, look at us."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Alright then, let's not delay."

You nod.

Maylan recites:

"Join Lazaryth for a good ol burning"


Maylan tried to join your group, but your group status is closed. Click GROUP OPEN to let her join you.

You grin slowly.

You reach out and hold Maylan's hand.

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Come on then."

Maylan recites:

"Join up for a bonfire"


You call, "Yes, join me for a burning."

Ponclast joins your group.

Speaking softly to Maylan, Saverik asks, "Does that mean yer settin people on fire?"

You quietly whisper to Goblyn, "I think it's going to happen. Care to join me?"

Speaking to Saverik, Maylan says, "Not people, things."

Goblyn beams happily at you!

Saverik softly says, "Dern almost joined ya."

Goblyn joins your group.

You nod.

You say, "Let's not tarry, people."

Goblyn skips around in a happy little circle.

You say, "Maylan is a very busy.."

Darcena joins your group.

Maylan says, "Yes do hurry."

Darcena asks, "What are we doing?"

You glance at Maylan.

Maylan says, "We don't have all night."

You say, "Non-mayor."

You say, "Alright, heading to the general store."

[Town Square, Southeast] Pedestrians and wagon traffic move off in all directions here, some going to the large intersection with South Ring Road, others crisscrossing the square via the bazaar. Men and women carrying neatly tied parcels or sacks and coils of rope slung over their arms emerge from the wooden facade of the old general store. You also see a giant mound of snow, a long wooden table with a small plate of steel on it and a small oak stand with a coil of thick rope on it. Obvious paths: north, south, west, northwest Darcena, Maylan, Goblyn and Ponclast followed.

Darcena ponders.

Darcena shrugs.

Ponclast hopefully asks, "Maybe burning down the town will scare the demons away?"

Maylan says, "Alright then."

Speaking curiously to Maylan, Darcena asks, "Did you bring anything good to drink?"

Maylan asks, "Where shall we start?"

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "You're the expert."

Darcena accepts Maylan's Eldreth death-rum.

Darcena takes a drink from her Eldreth death-rum. Darcena falls to the ground with a "thud". She doesn't appear to be moving.

Speaking amusedly to Ponclast, Goblyn says, "This is thinking wishes, Ponclast."

Darcena looks drunk.

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Pour some death rum on the store. It's very flammable."

Ponclast chews nervously on his lip.

You say, "I don't have any."

Darcena asks if you have seen her mother.

Darcena offers you some bubbling Eldreth death-rum. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

You accept Darcena's offer and are now holding some bubbling Eldreth death-rum.

You shrug.

Darcena removes a handful of blood-soaked popcorn from in her tightly fitted bodice.

You pour some of the contents of your Eldreth death-rum on the store. The midnight blue liquid quickly evaporates. You have 5 quaffs left.

Speaking to Ponclast, Maylan says, "Yes the whiskey too."

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "And some kindling."

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "We need kindling."

Maylan kneels down.

Darcena looks thoughtfully at Maylan.

Ponclast pours some of the contents of his smoky copper whiskey on the store. The reddish brown liquid quickly evaporates.

Goblyn glances at the general store.

You say, "Mm."

You remove a sticky ball of basal moss from in your grey twill jacket.

Darcena drops some wolifrew lichen.

Maylan drops a stalk of goldenrod.

Maylan forages around briefly but doesn't seem to find anything useful.

You drop a ball of basal moss.

Darcena grabs a pale thanot wand from a small pocket inside of her black leather coat.

Darcena drops a pale thanot wand.

Goblyn removes a glass of sanguine lemonade with a black and white-striped straw from in her figured camlet gown.

Darcena drops a tkaro root.

Goblyn pours some of the contents of her sanguine lemonade on the store. The sanguine liquid quickly evaporates.

Darcena glances at Goblyn.

Goblyn asks, "I do not think it will help with the fire, but maybe it will?"

Goblyn shrugs.

Speaking grumpily to Goblyn, Darcena says, "It would help with my belly."

Darcena's stomach growls.

Maylan says, "It's worth a try."

Maylan says, "And now, a match..."

Maylan asks, "Who has a match?"

Goblyn frowns at Maylan.

Darcena says, "We have a Fire Spirit, Mayan."

Darcena begins chortling at Maylan.

Goblyn yells, "We will need a wizard, yes?"

Goblyn exclaims, "Or maybe Darcena instead!"

Maylan says, "Alright, focus your fire power on the kindling."

(Lazaryth puts his hand out against a shop wall to steady himself.)

Darcena gestures at the general store. Darcena launched a flare at the general store! The general store grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Goblyn yells, "Nevermind! Darcena is now a better-than-wizard wolf!"

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "On the kindling, dear."

Darcena gestures at a stalk of goldenrod. Darcena launched a flare at a stalk of goldenrod! The stalk of goldenrod grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Maylan says, "Yes yes."

Maylan says, "Very good very good."

Darcena gestures at a stalk of goldenrod. Darcena launched a flare at a stalk of goldenrod! The stalk of goldenrod grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Maylan says, "AGAIN AGAIN."

Mayor Tawariell's group just arrived.

Mayor Tawariell's group just entered the general store.

Mayor Tawariell's group just arrived.

Tawariell splutters.

You say, "I expect to see some fire soon -"

You shout, "Don't go in!"

>l [Town Square, Southeast] Pedestrians and wagon traffic move off in all directions here, some going to the large intersection with South Ring Road, others crisscrossing the square via the bazaar. Men and women carrying neatly tied parcels or sacks and coils of rope slung over their arms emerge from the wooden facade of the old general store. You also see the Tawariell disk, the Kittai disk, a massive midnight black panther, a husky black and white kitten, a stalk of goldenrod, a ball of basal moss, a tkaro root, a stalk of goldenrod, a pale thanot wand, a stalk of goldenrod, some wolifrew lichen, a stalk of goldenrod, an obese drunken chinchilla, a heartbroken mountain spirit that is flying around, a giant mound of snow, a long wooden table with a small plate of steel on it and a small oak stand with a coil of thick rope on it. Also here: Advisor of the North Kittai, Mayor Tawariell, Brighde, Saverik, Lady Darcena, Land Pirate Maylan, Miss Goblyn, Ponclast Obvious paths: north, south, west, northwest

Tawariell gazes with interest at the general store.

Darcena gestures at a pale thanot wand. Darcena launched a flare at a pale thanot wand! The thanot wand grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Speaking to you, Tawariell says, "Wha' a silly thing t'do tha' would be."

Tawariell leans on you.

Speaking to herself, Darcena mutters, "How do I keep missing?"

(Lazaryth steers Tawariell away from the entrance.)

Tawariell gives a lopsided grin.

Saverik softly asks, "What ya need a wizard fer?"

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn asks, "Maybe you will make Maylan's ... garment to make larger fire instead?"

Darcena gestures at a stalk of goldenrod. Darcena launched a flare at a stalk of goldenrod! The stalk of goldenrod grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "It's the damned rain. It rains here near every day and all night."

Ponclast softly says, "This is kind of fun when I have permission to do it."

Ponclast gestures at the general store. Ponclast hurls a roaring ball of fire at the general store! The general store glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off. The roaring ball of fire explodes into a large sphere of flame.

You say, "Hrm."

Darcena gestures at Maylan. Darcena hurls a roaring ball of fire at Maylan!

AS: +139 vs DS: +469 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +32 = -241 A clean miss.

Maylan gestures at the general store. Maylan launched a flare at the general store! The general store grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Goblyn laughs!

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "Try again."

You wave your creased document at the general store.

You wave your creased document at the general store.

Darcena squints at Maylan.

Darcena gestures at Maylan. Darcena hurls a roaring ball of fire at Maylan!

AS: +167 vs DS: +469 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +58 = -187 A clean miss.

Darcena exclaims, "Ooh! Almost!"

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn says, "It was maybe a nice try for this though."

You squint.

Kittai asks, "Why are we lighting the store ablaze?"

Maylan gestures. A flare leaves Maylan's hand and shoots up into the sky where it hangs for a few moments before exploding into a pair of unfurled wings rendered in glittering silver points of light. The sheer brightness of the image before you lingers in your sight for several seconds after the explosion can no longer be seen.

Goblyn shows the general store her black fire.

Speaking to Kittai, you say, "It's a service to the Landing."

Goblyn's spherical ball of shadowy flame licks at the air.

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Saverik says, "Doooo eet."

Speaking to Kittai, you say, "To alleviate our boredom."

You say, "Because boredom is one of Luukos's tools."

Lazaryth thought that was rather clever.

Maylan says, "We are burning down the General Store in order to prevent our enemies from burning down the General Store. It is really very simple."

Darcena looks thoughtfully at you.

You shrug.

Goblyn touches her black fire to the general store, but it doesn't seem to catch. Or do much of anything.

Speaking to Saverik, Goblyn says, "The store maybe does not like it..."

Darcena says, "Wait."

Maylan says, "Perhaps the rope."

Shinann's group just arrived.

Shinann's group just went north.

Darcena asks, "We're burning down the general store?"

Maylan glances north.

Darcena says, "I don't think Shinann would like that."

Darcena yells, "Shinann!"

You nod at Darcena.

You say, "Just once, though."

Maylan exclaims, "Quickly, before Shinann comes back!"

Darcena yells, "Captain Shinann!"

Maylan shushes Darcena!

Goblyn yells, "Shinann!"

You scowl.

Maylan glances around the area.

Speaking to Maylan, Darcena exclaims, "I thought we were just starting a fire to keep warm!"

You notice Maylan slip into a hiding place.

Darcena says, "We can't go burning down the general store."

You touch one finger to your lips.

The voice of Maylan says, "She erm, does not agree with my plan."

Darcena exclaims, "They'll kick me out of the militia!"

Darcena yells, "Captain Shinann!"

With a discerning eye, Darcena gathers up several items and casually stows them away.

Darcena mutters under her breath.

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "Well, you don't have to participate. But try not to ruin it for the rest of us."

The voice of Maylan says, "Ahm not here."

Shinann's group just arrived.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Darcena exclaims, "Shinann!"

You scratch your ear.

Shinann exclaims, "Darcena!"

Darcena says, "Maylan is trying to burn down the General Store again."

Goblyn blushes a nice shade of pink.

Darcena says, "I wasn't really helping much."

You gaze up into the heavens.

>l [Town Square, Southeast] Pedestrians and wagon traffic move off in all directions here, some going to the large intersection with South Ring Road, others crisscrossing the square via the bazaar. Men and women carrying neatly tied parcels or sacks and coils of rope slung over their arms emerge from the wooden facade of the old general store. You also see the Cryheart disk, the Tawariell disk, the Kittai disk, a massive midnight black panther, a husky black and white kitten, an obese drunken chinchilla, a heartbroken mountain spirit that is flying around, a giant mound of snow, a long wooden table with a small plate of steel on it and a small oak stand with a coil of thick rope on it. Also here: Sir Cryheart, Shinann, Advisor of the North Kittai, Mayor Tawariell, Saverik, Lady Darcena, Miss Goblyn, Ponclast Obvious paths: north, south, west, northwest

Cryheart asks, "Did Maylan get arrested already?"

Darcena says, "And then I told her she had to stop."

Shinann asks, "Helping?"

Darcena adamantly exclaims, "I told her she had to stop!"

Cryheart says, "Good."

Darcena says, "I thought we were just lighting a little bonfire to stay warm."

Darcena mumbles something under her breath.

Shinann nods slowly.

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn complains, "There is something wrong with this general store, Shinann."

Cryheart says, "She might burn her chinchilla by mistake."

Darcena points at Maylan, ruining her hiding place.

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann asks, "Oh?"

Maylan splutters.

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn says, "It will not be catching fire right now."

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan exclaims, "That was my best hiding spot!"

Maylan whines at Darcena!

Saverik gestures at the general store. Saverik hurls a roaring ball of fire at the general store! The general store glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Cryheart asks, "Is that nae a good sign?"

Cryheart glances at Goblyn.

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn exclaims, "This is... not correct. It should be making many flames in this time now!"

Saverik softly says, "Its fire proof."

Goblyn glances at the general store.

Darcena squints at the general store.

Cryheart nods at Saverik.

(Lazaryth wanders over to the edge of the square, looking everywhere but at the general store.)

Cryheart says, "Good paint job."

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann says, "Well, I am happy to hear that."

Shinann nods.

Goblyn frowns at Shinann.

Cryheart agrees with Shinann.

Shinann says, "Should not burn."

Maylan petulantly whines, "It's all the damned rain, I say! It ruins all of my plans."

You hum a random, wandering tune.

Goblyn laughs at Maylan!

Maylan says, "Makes everything sopping wet."

Speaking to Maylan, Goblyn promises, "We will make better rain."

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "Fire rain."

Cryheart says, "Set fire to the rain."

Cryheart attempts to hum a merry little tune.

Goblyn beams!

Goblyn nods eagerly at Cryheart.

Saverik softly says, "Ah think we just need kindlin and some other fuel."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena purrs, "I like certain types of rain."

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn exclaims, "Fire rain!"

Speaking to Saverik, Maylan asks, "What kinda fuel?"

Ponclast softly says, "Fire rain? I can do that, I think."

Cryheart says, "Wait..that was nae a suggestion."

Speaking to Saverik, Maylan asks, "Do you have any candles?"

Saverik ponders.

You grin slowly.

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena says, "I don't like fire rain."

Speaking softly to Maylan, Saverik says, "Need lots of sticks."

Cryheart says, "We dinnae need to set fire to the rain."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena exclaims, "It burns my fu---hair!"

Speaking amusedly to Darcena, Goblyn exclaims, "You do like this rain when it is nutritious!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena says, "I do like the nutritious rain."

Darcena flashes Goblyn a wolfish grin.

(Cryheart stands in front of the store.)

Cryheart nods.

Goblyn frowns at Cryheart.

Maylan gestures at a coil of thick rope. Maylan launched a flare at a coil of thick rope! The thick rope grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Speaking quietly to Maylan, you say, "I'm sorry, why is it not on fire? You've had fifteen minutes."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "It's too wet."

Maylan shrugs at you.

You say, "Excuses."

Darcena exclaims, "We should go burn down the kobold village!"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Wintersylph says, "I have nutritious rain, I makes, like you makes pies."

Darcena gives a sidelong glance at Maylan.

Cryheart asks, "Where would the store keepers go to buy supplies?"

Speaking to Wintersylph, Goblyn asks, "You will make this rain now?"

Cryheart looks over at Wintersylph and shakes his head.

Cryheart looks over at Wintersylph and shakes his head.

Cryheart looks over at Wintersylph and shakes his head.

Cryheart touches one finger to his lips.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn asks, "They will buy their things from a new store, yes?"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Wintersylph asks, "Ah, ya sure?"

Shinann asks, "What new store?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn exclaims, "From this one that the demons will make!"

You remove a flask of sandfire liquor from in your grey twill jacket.

Cryheart asks, "And would it nae take a long time to build a new one?"

You think to yourself, "One more can't hurt."

You take a drink from your sandfire liquor. Your eyes water and your nose runs. You have 10 quaffs left.

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena says, "I don't think Nazhor's demons want to make stores."

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Ponclast asks, "Where would we get our large sacks that don't really hold that much?"

Cryheart says, "I will fight the demons."

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn asks, "This demons that are taking over this world for the balance will have a general store, yes?"

Darcena slowly says, "I don't think so."

Saverik drops a large skin of tempering oil.

Darcena says, "I think they mostly just want to eat everything."

Goblyn nods slowly.

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn complains, "Maybe, but this is not very nice of them to not be thinking of the people who they will be eating before the eating."

Maylan says, "Yes yes, more of this."

Maylan says, "More oils and alcohols."

Saverik softly asks, "Are orphans flamable?"

Cryheart gawks at Saverik.

Speaking to Saverik, Maylan says, "I assume so."

Cryheart says, "Dinnae een think of that."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena says, "The oculoth and I stared eye to eye at each other, and I don't think it cared much before it slaughtered me and didn't even feed me to trees."

Speaking softly to Maylan, Saverik says, "The dirty ones are prolly."

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn exclaims, "Oculoth are very nice, though!"

Cryheart says, "Dinnae give her any ideas."

Cryheart nods at Saverik.

Cryheart glances at Goblyn.

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena mutters, "Not this one."

You squint at a creased document. The creased document reads, "Fishing without Lazaryth is like not fishing at all."

You put a creased document in your grey twill jacket.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn exclaims, "Saverik does have very nice ideas, Cryheart! He can be giving them!"

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Saverik says, "I should run to the bounty guild and ask if they have any unclaimed orphans."

Cryheart says, "Orphans need help, nae removing them."

Speaking hopefully to Maylan, Goblyn asks, "This building -- when it is dry, we will be burning it then?"

You say, "Orphans might be a bridge too far."

You grin.

Speaking softly to you, Saverik says, "Only the TI ones."

Cryheart says, "I think the paint job is too good."

Wintersylph gestures at the general store. Wintersylph hurls a stream of holy water at the general store! The holy water cleanses the general store.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Darcena asks, "So that's a no to the kobold village?"

Darcena glances at Maylan and pouts.

Saverik gestures at the general store. Saverik hurls a stream of fire at the general store! The general store glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

You say, "I think your problem is, you're not casting enough. Cast some more fire."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maylan says, "To be fair, most structures round here are real used to fires."

Wintersylph gestures at the general store. Wintersylph hurls a stream of holy water at the general store! The holy water cleanses the general store.

Saverik gestures at the general store. Saverik hurls a roaring ball of fire at the general store! The general store glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Cryheart says, "Yep, a great paint job."

Speaking softly to Wintersylph, Saverik says, "Yer workin against us."

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "Seeing as how we have so many fires in our town."

Cryheart says, "Aye...but consider the tax payers."

Lazaryth despairs of anything interesting happening.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn says, "We are maybe considering them, yes? This burning will make use of this money they give."

Cryheart says, "If ye burn down the general store, then tax payers would nae hae enough silvers left to buy your pies."

Goblyn looks at Cryheart and breaks into a cheeky grin.

Speaking to Tawariell, you say, "Icemule is much more interesting than the Landing. I have to apologize."

Tawariell cocks her head at you.

You say, "We can hardly manage to burn anything at all."

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn says, "But maybe this fire will make for easier baking of this pies..."

Darcena asks, "What if we burned down the pie shop?"

Darcena cocks her head.

You realize there are some important matters you should tend to . . . later.

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Darcena is following you. Maylan is following you. Goblyn is following you. Ponclast is following you.

Tawariell appears to be trying hard not to grin.

You say, "Let's burn the pie shop."

[Town Square, Small Park] A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see some shimmering musical notes, a dark-haired half-elven priestess, a pure white gyrfalcon that is flying around, a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!", some ornate wrought iron benches and a bright yellow building. Also here: Great Lord Aerowan, Kalithra Obvious paths: north, south, west Darcena, Maylan, Goblyn and Ponclast followed.

An obese drunken chinchilla scurries into the room.

Goblyn furrows her brow.

Goblyn glances at a bright yellow building.

>l build Clearly newly built, the building's stone walls are smeared with yellow paint, contrasting with the white-framed door, several large black-framed windows, and a skull-painted sign. The building is open.

Mayor Tawariell's group just arrived.

Maylan says, "So long as I don't have to mop it up after."

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Speaking slowly to you, Goblyn protests, "Why will you be burning---"

You say, "I promise."

Goblyn gawks at Maylan.

Speaking to Maylan, Goblyn exclaims, "Maylan!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan exclaims, "Goblyn!"

Darcena exclaims, "I'm hungry!"

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "Good idea."

You nod.

Darcena exclaims, "Let's go buy a pie!"

Speaking to Maylan, Goblyn exclaims, "You will be having a very much not nice job if--!"

You say, "Wait -"

Goblyn laughs!

(Lazaryth holds an arm out in front of Darcena.)

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan asks, "If WHAT?"

Goblyn glances between Darcena and yourself.

Ponclast softly asks, "Is this the shop where they kill kittens?"

Darcena whines at you!

Speaking reluctantly to Maylan, Goblyn says, "Maybe it will be better if it is burning, though..."

Speaking quietly to Darcena, you say, "Wait till they're done shooting fireballs at it, at least."

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "It is all part of my plan. The plan, sadly, will never come to fruition seeing as how I'm not Mayor."

Darcena yells, "I'm hungry and I want a pie!"

Darcena stamps her feet.

Goblyn helpfully says, "Maybe if you will put some fuel on it..."

Darcena points at a bright yellow building.

Darcena exclaims, "Let's go in!"

You groan at Darcena.

Speaking to Darcena, Maylan says, "I heard that if you kiss the corpse you get a free pie."

Goblyn adds, "The -right- kind of fuel, yes?"

Speaking to Darcena, you ask, "Are you drunk as well?"

Speaking to you, Darcena says, "I did have some of her death rum."

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "It's true, I tried it once."

You say, "Mhm."

Goblyn laughs!

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "Less talking, more burning."

You say, "Please."

Maylan agrees with you.

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

You say, "I'm not going to bed until I see something on fire."

Cryheart says, "Seems it has a good paint job as well."

Cryheart nods.

Speaking curiously to you, Darcena says, "Perhaps we should put you on fire."

You grimace at Darcena.

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "Now I know you're drunk."

You inspect yourself carefully, making sure you're all right.

You ask, "Burn this?"

Saverik offers you a ball of black fire. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Darcena blinks at you.

You accept Saverik's offer and are now holding a ball of black fire.

You say, "Ah -"

Shinann just arrived.

You glance at the black fire in your hand.

Speaking softly to you, Saverik says, "Yer on fire."

Speaking to you, Darcena says, "You're a little small for me."

Darcena shrugs at you.

Darcena is admiring you.

You say, "Why did I accept this."

Goblyn hums a seemingly random tune.

Darcena gives Maylan a series of teasing little prods along the spine.

Darcena points at a bright yellow building.

Speaking to Maylan, Darcena exclaims, "Go inside!"

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "I think you're right. But you can see, can't you, that it'd be a shame to set me on fire..."

Speaking softly to you, Saverik says, "Ah mean technically."

Goblyn notes, "I did maybe say the -right- kind of fuel..."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "I think she wants us to go inside."

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "Oh, I -know- she does."

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "There's pies in there, mister."

You grin.

Saverik just wandered into a bright yellow building.

You admit, "I am a bit peckish."

Darcena stares at a bright yellow building.

[The Pie Shop] Bright yellow paint coats the walls, which are bordered with grinning white skulls outlined in black. The mishmash of variegated unfinished wood plank flooring is topped by several chairs and tables that surround a broad pristine display counter laden with pies and other edibles. Snaking through three large street-facing windows, swathes of moonlight mingle with smoldering candlelight, though the illumination does little to chase away the darkness that engulfs the far corners of the shop. You also see a bone-edged art display board hanging on one wall with some stuff on it and a swinging door. Also here: Saverik Obvious exits: out Darcena, Maylan, Goblyn and Ponclast followed.

Darcena sniffs.

Darcena asks, "Does it smell smoky to you?"

Saverik softly says, "Just burnt pies."

Maylan glances around the room.

You shrug.

Assailing your senses is a melange of sweet tart apples, the scent of headily ripe sun-ripened berries, and the dark bitter smell of coffee beans. Beneath the main thrust of the mingled aromas, however, a pervasive, creeping bouquet of overripe fruit just turning sneaks in.

A husky black and white kitten pads in.

Maylan says, "It does smell a tad burny."

Goblyn nods at Darcena.

Darcena sniffs.

Darcena sniffs at a display counter.

Darcena sniffs at a street-facing window.

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn says, "It is maybe smelling like this smokey..."

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Darcena exclaims, "Yes!"

Darcena points at a street-facing window.

Darcena exclaims, "Right there!"

Maylan recites:

"BACK OUTSIDE"


Darcena says, "It smells like something is burning."

Darcena exclaims, "NO!"

You sigh.

Darcena says, "I NEED A PIE."

Darcena scowls at Maylan.

Maylan says, "You stay for pie, I burn."

Land Pirate Maylan just skipped merrily out.

You say, "So indecisive."

An obese drunken chinchilla scurries off.

You exclaim, "Wait!"

[Town Square, Small Park] A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see an obese drunken chinchilla, a dark-haired half-elven priestess, some shimmering musical notes, the Cryheart disk, the Tawariell disk, the Kittai disk, a massive midnight black panther, a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!", some ornate wrought iron benches and a bright yellow building. Also here: Land Pirate Maylan, Shinann, Lady Wintersylph, Sir Cryheart, Advisor of the North Kittai, Mayor Tawariell, Kalithra Obvious paths: north, south, west Darcena, Goblyn and Ponclast followed.

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Darcena flails her arms about.

Goblyn laughs!

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

You glance at Maylan.

Saverik just arrived.

Darcena exclaims, "I didn't get a pie!"

A husky black and white kitten pads in.

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Ponclast hopefully asks, "Can we save the kittens first?"

Darcena growls ferociously!

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Lady Darcena just strode into a bright yellow building.

Goblyn exclaims, "But... this fire will feel nice!"

Maylan says, "The pies will be EXTRA hot."

Cryheart says, "It will ruin the pies."

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

You say, "The fire is for the children."

You say, "Because of Luukos."

You say, "Like I said."

Lady Darcena just strode in.

Maylan says, "Yes, for the children."

Darcena exclaims, "There!"

Darcena joins your group.

Maylan says, "Fire for children."

Shinann raises an eyebrow.

Darcena sniffs at a bright yellow building.

Maylan says, "A fire for every child and a rolton in every pot."

Cryheart says, "Pies for children...fires nae."

Darcena says, "I think that corner over there is on fire."

Darcena points at a bright yellow building.

Wintersylph softly says, "Fire could burn a wandering child."

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "I do believe you're my favorite."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to you, Maylan asks, "Your favorite what?"

You realize there are some important matters you should tend to . . . later.

You ask, "Mayoral reject?"

[Insert much casting.]

Maylan gestures at a bright yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a bright yellow building! The bright yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Wintersylph gestures at a bright yellow building. Wintersylph hurls a stream of holy water at a bright yellow building! The holy water cleanses the bright yellow building.

You say, "Come on, don't turn me into an oathbreaker. Again."

Darcena exclaims, "I told you I smelled smoke!"

Goblyn yells, "Orphans! We maybe do need--"

Cryheart says, "No orphans."

You say, "Oh, there is a little bit of smoke, isn't there."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Cast harder."

You nod at Maylan.

Goblyn glances at Kittai.

Maylan groans.

Maylan gestures at a scorched yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a scorched yellow building! The scorched yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

(Cryheart tries to blow on the building.)

Ponclast gestures at a scorched yellow building. Ponclast hurls a roaring ball of fire at a scorched yellow building! The scorched yellow building glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Maylan gestures at a scorched yellow building. Maylan launched a flare at a scorched yellow building! The scorched yellow building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Cryheart points at Maylan.

Maylan turns to face Cryheart.

Maylan flails her arms about.

Cryheart says, "It is obvious who is doing it."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maylan says, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Cryheart says, "We hae many witnesses."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maylan says, "Who? where? I see nothing."

Cryheart yells, "Tell the constable to come to the pie shop!"

You snap your fingers impatiently, trying to hurry up the pace.

Maylan yells, "Help help, some real nasty bandits are burning down the pie shop!"

Cryheart gawks at Maylan.

Maylan yells, "Arrest them! Arrest the bad men!"

Cryheart says, "Ye will get blisters on ye tongue tonight."

Maylan sticks out her tongue.

You lean against a weatherworn grey marble statue.

Goblyn frowns.

Miss Goblyn just wandered into a brightly aflame building.

The black and white kitten pads off.

Darcena sniffs at a brightly aflame building.

Darcena says, "Oh dear."

Shinann stares at a brightly aflame building.

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Lady Darcena just strode into a brightly aflame building.

Cryheart gawks at Maylan.

Wintersylph gestures at a brightly aflame building. Wintersylph hurls a stream of holy water at a brightly aflame building! The holy water cleanses the brightly aflame building.

Shinann waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Shinann hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

From nearby, you hear Darcena yell, "The kitten is going to be toasted!"

Kalithra continues playing her flute.

Cryheart yells, "Miss Goblyn, ye need to come out!"

From nearby, you hear Darcena yell, "Someone get a bucket!"

Goblyn just arrived, dragging Darcena with her.

Darcena yells, "It's on fire in here!"

Darcena pants.

You gaze up into the heavens.

Goblyn says, "I will like the artwork--"

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Goblyn coughs.

A husky black and white kitten pads in.

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Goblyn coughs.

Goblyn coughs.

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Tawariell sets about preparing Goblyn to be as presentable as possible.

Goblyn glances at a bone-edged art display board hanging on one wall in her hand as if it really needs a hug.

Cryheart says, "Ye will hae to repaint the building...and bake new pies."

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann says, "Do you want to press charges? If so, write Judge Renpaw."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena exclaims, "Too far! It went too far!"

Maylan gestures at a brightly aflame building. Maylan launched a flare at a brightly aflame building! The brightly aflame building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Lazaryth drunkenly thinks, "Finally, a little entertainment."

Darcena complains, "I was still hungry!"

You chuckle at Darcena.

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Wintersylph says, "Dey are overwellming me, I cant fight em all off, need more waters."

(Cryheart steps back from the building.)

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Maylan gestures at a brightly aflame building. Maylan launched a flare at a brightly aflame building! The brightly aflame building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Darcena waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Darcena hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean. Her aquamarine wand suddenly disintegrates!

Kalithra continues playing her flute.

Saverik removes a handful of tinder from in his leather duster. Saverik drops a handful of tinder.

Saverik removes a handful of tinder from in his leather duster. Saverik drops a handful of tinder.

Darcena groans.

Saverik removes a split log from in his leather duster. Saverik drops a split log.

Saverik removes a split log from in his leather duster. Saverik drops a split log.

[Town Square, Small Park] A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see a split log, a split log, a handful of tinder, a handful of tinder, a husky black and white kitten, a heartbroken mountain spirit that is flying around, some shimmering musical notes, an obese drunken chinchilla, a stalk of goldenrod, a stalk of goldenrod, a stalk of goldenrod, a tkaro root, a stalk of goldenrod, a ball of basal moss, some wolifrew lichen, the Kittai disk, a massive midnight black panther, the Cryheart disk, the Tawariell disk, a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!", some ornate wrought iron benches and a brightly aflame building. Also here: Saverik, Lady Darcena, Miss Goblyn, Kalithra, Land Pirate Maylan, Advisor of the North Kittai, Ponclast, Shinann, Lady Wintersylph, Sir Cryheart, Mayor Tawariell Obvious paths: north, south, west

Maylan gestures at a split log. Maylan launched a flare at a split log! The split log grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

Saverik removes a handful of tinder from in his leather duster. Saverik drops a handful of tinder.

Shinann waves an aquamarine wand at a brightly aflame building. Shinann hurls a stream of water at a brightly aflame building! The water scours the brightly aflame building clean.

Ponclast tears at his hair with a frantic expression.

Ponclast softly says, "I'm confused."

Speaking to Ponclast, Maylan says, "Less confusing, more burning."

You nod at Maylan.

Saverik softly says, "You going to burn now."

Shinann says, "Seems contained."

Maylan gestures at a brightly aflame building. Maylan launched a flare at a brightly aflame building! The brightly aflame building grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

You say, "Excellent, excellent job."

(Cryheart pours his bucket on the building.)

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "You are definitely my favorite."

Cryheart gawks at a brightly aflame building.

(Darcena pours some water from her bucket on the building.)

Speaking drunkenly to yourself, you say, "One more can't hurt."

You take a drink from your sandfire liquor. Fire courses through your sinuses, leaving you gasping for breath. You have 9 quaffs left.

Saverik softly exclaims, "I know Trolls burn. Someone go get me a troll!"

Ponclast glances at a brightly aflame building and begins to sweat.

(Darcena pours some water from her bucket on the building.)

Tawariell gazes in amusement at you.

You gag.

You cough.

Darcena angrily yells, "I said we wanted it brown! Not burnt down!"

You glance incredulously at the sandfire liquor in your hand.

Darcena exclaims, "My oven is in there!"

Darcena scowls.

Goblyn laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Darcena.

Speaking happily to Darcena, Goblyn exclaims, "We will maybe make a new one!"

>l build Flames consume the building, which seems to not be holding up so well under the strain of fire. The building is open.

(Darcena pours some water from her bucket on the building.)

Goblyn yells, "Fire! Fire for everyone!"

You gaze thoughtfully at a brightly aflame building.

You think to yourself, "Whoa."

Maylan says, "I feel rather proud of myself."

Maylan strikes a heroic pose.

You carefully examine Maylan's physique and figure she weighs about 213 pounds.

Darcena gestures at a brightly aflame building.

Darcena just poured some liquid from her iron bucket on top of her head.

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "I'm extremely proud of you."

Ponclast bows respectfully before Maylan, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

(Cryheart walks closer to the building to toast his tart in hand.)

You nod at Cryheart.

You say, "Good idea."

Cryheart nods to you.

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan exclaims, "Congratulations, madam. Your shop is now safe from being burned down by our enemies!"

Maylan applauds Goblyn.

Darcena asks, "Anyone have chocolate?"

Darcena glances at a brightly aflame building.

Cryheart takes a bite of his strawberry tart.

Shinann looks over at Maylan and shakes her head.

Speaking to Shinann, Maylan says, "I am a hero, clearly."

Speaking to Maylan, Shinann says, "If you insist."

You belt out, "Someone bring me something to toast!"

Wintersylph gestures at Maylan. A pure white aura sparkles around Maylan.

Maylan strikes a heroic pose.

Maylan says, "See how I sparkle."

Maylan sashays about in a circle with her head thrown back and arms wide.

Cryheart's jaw drops.

Cryheart glances at a mass of building remnants.

Cryheart says, "Well...so much for your pies."

Cryheart nods at Goblyn.

Shinann says, "Well... hmm."

[Town Square, Small Park] A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see the Cryheart disk, some shimmering musical notes, a wooden stick, a wooden stick, a heartbroken mountain spirit that is flying around, a wooden stick, a split log, a split log, a wooden stick, a split log, a split log, a handful of tinder, a handful of tinder, a split log, a split log, a handful of tinder, a handful of tinder, a husky black and white kitten, an obese drunken chinchilla, a stalk of goldenrod, a stalk of goldenrod, a stalk of goldenrod, a tkaro root, a stalk of goldenrod, a ball of basal moss, some wolifrew lichen, the Kittai disk, a massive midnight black panther, the Tawariell disk, a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!", some ornate wrought iron benches and a mass of charred and smoky building remnants. Also here: Sir Cryheart, Lady Darcena, Saverik, Miss Goblyn, Kalithra, Land Pirate Maylan, Advisor of the North Kittai, Ponclast, Shinann, Lady Wintersylph, Mayor Tawariell Obvious paths: north, south, west

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann says, "If you wish to file charges, talk to the mayor or Judge Renpaw."

Goblyn skips around in a happy little circle.

Speaking slowly to Shinann, Goblyn says, "I cannot be filing charges, Shinann."

You gaze in amusement at a mass of charred and smoky building remnants.

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn asks, "I did maybe help this starting of the fire, yes?"

Goblyn mutters something about lemonade.

Maylan gazes at a mass of charred and smoky building remnants.

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann says, "That is your choice."

Darcena nods eagerly at Goblyn.

You grin slowly.

Goblyn's face breaks into a cheeky grin.

Tawariell gives a lopsided grin.

Cryheart nods at Goblyn.

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Saverik softly asks, "Need a new business... Hot cocoa?"

Goblyn lets out a cheer!

Shinann says, "Your building."

Darcena glances at a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!".

Speaking to Saverik, Goblyn laughs, "Hot... hot cocoa..."

You nod at Darcena.

Speaking to a white skull-shaped sign, Darcena says, "I think you should burn, too."

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "Let's burn that next."

You grin.

Darcena snorts!

Darcena nods to you.

Cryheart yells, "Get your freshly fired hot pies!"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Saverik asks, "Lava cakes?"

Darcena taps a wooden campaign sign that reads, "Restoring Pride to the Landing. Vote Vicimer!".

Goblyn snickers at Darcena.

Cryheart yells, "Get your freshly fired hot pies!"

Ponclast frantically asks, "The Mayor won't send demons after us, will she? We'll keep this a secret?"

Tawariell appears to be trying hard not to grin.

(Lazaryth searches through the building remnants.)

You say, "I am a bit hungry."

Darcena asks, "Lylia?"

Maylan asks, "Surely she won't notice?"

Darcena says, "Lylia would never send a demon after me."

Darcena says, "We're friends."

Darcena snorts!

Goblyn ponders.

Goblyn glances at you.

You glance at Goblyn.

Speaking to you, Goblyn asks, "You are looking for something in this ashes?"

Speaking to you, Darcena admits, "Me too."

Speaking softly to an iron bucket, Saverik says, "Yer the enemy of fire wizards."

You say, "Just thought there was maybe a pie that was toasted just right."

Cryheart says, "The pies would be covered in ash."

You say, "However, I'm getting dirty."

Cryheart says, "No good to eat."

You nod at Cryheart.

You say, "I'm beginning to discover that, yes."

Speaking to Saverik, Goblyn asks, "It is a friend, if there is the fuel in it, yes?"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Saverik says, "Then we would tolerate the bucket, sure."

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Saverik exclaims, "But only tolerate!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann asks, "Will you be rebuilding?"

Goblyn furrows her brow.

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn says, "Maybe. Maybe not."

Shinann says, "I see."

Shinann nods at Goblyn.

Shinann folds her hands behind her back.

Lazaryth is exceedingly pleased with himself, and still exceedingly drunk.

Cryheart says, "Well..at least no more killing of the kittens."

Goblyn blinks.

Goblyn's jaw drops.

Goblyn mournfully yells, "Cookie!"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Ponclast asks, "Can you, err, please spare the kittens if you do rebuild, ma'am?"

You blink.

You survey the area.

Ponclast perspires delicately.

Cryheart says, "Ye did it."

Cryheart nods at Goblyn.

Goblyn laughs at Ponclast!

The black and white kitten hisses at Ponclast.

(Maylan swishes her pegleg in the general direction of the building remnants.)

Speaking to Ponclast, Goblyn asks, "What is this meaning, 'spare the kittens'?"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Wintersylph says, "So now I presume, you advertise Pies as "Cooked over open fire" Da Landings best Char Broiled Pies."

Maylan proudly says, "All clean."

You grin at Maylan.

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Ponclast asks, "I mean, not put them in pies?"

Goblyn begins chortling at Wintersylph.

Darcena steps over to the wrought iron benches and settles down for a few minutes' rest.

Goblyn skips around in a happy little circle.

Goblyn skips in a circle around Maylan.

Goblyn skips in a circle around you.

Maylan turns to Goblyn and cheers!

Goblyn skips in a circle around Darcena.

You smile at Goblyn.

Darcena mournfully says, "I should have grabbed a second pie."

Goblyn cackles at Maylan!

Maylan turns to Darcena and cheers!

Cryheart yells, "Get ye freshly charred, but ashy pies!"

Goblyn yells, "Best pies in this town of the living!"

Cryheart glances at a mass of charred and smoky building remnants.

Speaking to Darcena, Goblyn exclaims, "We will maybe be making new pies!"

(Lazaryth goes to sit down on the bench, but loses his balance slightly and ends up having to clutch at Darcena's head.)

You grimace.

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena exclaims, "I hope so!"

Darcena scowls at you.

Maylan recites:

"Let us never forget the heroes of this day: Darcena and Lazaryth, who worked tirelessly to set the Pie Shop aflame!"


You nod once.

Darcena stares at Maylan.

You say, "Wait -"

Maylan recites:

"Three cheers for our heroes Hip hip!"


Maylan seems to be waiting for something.

Maylan taps her foot impatiently.

Saverik recites softly:

"Pure'"


Speaking to Shinann, Darcena says, "You know that is not true."

Maylan recites:

"Hip hip"


Goblyn skips in a circle around Saverik.

Speaking softly to Maylan, Wintersylph exclaims, "Don't come anywhere nears my House, I like my fireplace and da fires within it, to stay just right where dey are!"

You protest, "I didn't light anything on fire."

Shinann looks thoughtfully at Maylan.

You say, "Let's just make that clear."

Darcena rubs her etched militia badge.

Goblyn recites:

"Rip!"


Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Oh don't be so modest, sir. You are clearly the hero of the day."

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Ponclast suggests, "Donut pies?"

Saverik recites softly:

"Saute'"


Darcena says, "I actually tried to put it out..."

Maylan recites:

"Hip hip!"


Saverik recites softly:

"Toupe'"


Maylan applauds.

Maylan turns to Darcena and cheers!

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "I am the hero of the day, yes."

Goblyn looks thoughtfully at Ponclast.

Maylan turns to you and cheers!

Darcena recites:

"Yip! Yip!"


Cryheart says, "Aye, may the pies rest in peace."

Darcena throws her head back and howls, sounding something like a wolf!

Maylan recites:

"Yahoooo!"


You say, "I saved the entire town from boredom."

Speaking suspiciously to Ponclast, Goblyn asks, "Will this donuts in this pie be delicious or gross?"

You say, "And, by extension, Luukos."

Ponclast rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Tawariell gazes in amusement at you.

(Lazaryth waves his hand vaguely.)

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Ponclast asks, "Delicious?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn laughs, "This pies do not need rest, Cryheart!"

Darcena squints at you.

Speaking to you, Darcena says, "I don't think that's how that works."

Darcena works her fingers under her platinum crown and scratches her head.

Goblyn giggles at you.

Shinann shakes her head.

Speaking confidentially to Darcena, you say, "Boredom is one of Luukos's tools, you know."

Speaking to you, Goblyn says, "I do maybe think that Luukos will find this funny if he is a hero."

Darcena murmurs, "Oh?"

You say, "Idle hands."

You glance down.

Darcena attempts to hum a merry little tune.

Darcena gazes with interest at you.

Tawariell snorts and bursts into a fit of giggles punctuated with an obnoxious snorting sound.

Goblyn ponders.

Speaking to you, Darcena says, "It really is too bad you're so small."

You say, "Thus, all of -"

You laugh out loud!

You nod at Darcena.

Goblyn thoughtfully says, "I will maybe have to be thinking of what to be doing with this now...."

Goblyn glances at a mass of charred and smoky building remnants.

You say, "Oh yes, well."

Speaking to Darcena, you say, "Perhaps we'll be friends."

You wink at Darcena.

Cryheart says, "Go get your lumber, hammer and nails."

Cryheart nods at Goblyn.

Darcena says, "Let it be known..."

Darcena says, "That on Niiman, day 4 of Olaesta, MAYLAN burned down the pie shop."

You grin slowly.

Ponclast nods.

Ponclast nods vigorously!

Darcena nods once.

You say, "...and saved the town of Wehnimer's Landing from the clutches of the Lord of Lies."

Darcena snorts derisively at you!

Maylan cheerfully exclaims, "And her faithful friends, Darcena and Lazaryth!"

Darcena snickers at Maylan.

Darcena clasps her hand over her mouth.

Darcena glances at Shinann.

You say, "And her faithful friends, Darcena and Lazaryth, were there to watch."

You say, "And bear witness."

Darcena nods to you.

Darcena says, "With buckets of water and an aquamarine wand."

Darcena nods sagely.

Goblyn leans over and picks up the white skull-shaped sign, which was left strangely untouched by the fire.

Shinann shifts her weight.

You nod once.

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "Next time we really should aim for Helga's tavern."

Goblyn glances at a bone-edged art display board hanging on one wall in her hand as if it really needs a hug.

Goblyn peers quizzically at Maylan.

You grin wickedly.

Speaking slowly to Maylan, Goblyn says, "Maybe, yes."

Goblyn turns to Maylan and cheers!

Cryheart says, "I think ye would receive Helga's wrath."

Kittai exclaims, "Yeah by all means, burn down the places that sell alcohol. the citizenry as a whole will love you forever!"

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn asks, "Maybe this wrath of Helga's is her stew, yes?"

Cryheart says, "She will sit on ye and make ye eat her stews."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maylan says, "That wench couldn't catch me if she tried."

(Maylan spits on the ground.)

Darcena admits, "She is rather rotund."

Cryheart says, "All she has to do is place some of her finest ale on the ground."

(Lazaryth pulls one foot up onto the opposite knee, gazing at the shop remains with an expression of satisfaction.)

Goblyn glances at you.

You fold your arms behind your head.

You smile at Goblyn.

Speaking seriously to you, Goblyn says, "I will maybe place this blame of this ... fire on you."

Lazaryth drunkenly tries to process what Goblyn said.

Darcena says, "Good thing I have a house now and I don't sleep at the oven anymore."

Goblyn says, "But maybe you all did help..."

You glance at Goblyn.

Goblyn points at Shinann.

Goblyn points at Cryheart.

Cryheart gawks at Goblyn.

Goblyn exclaims, "And you did not stop them enough!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan says, "It's only fair he receives recognition for his accomplishments."

Shinann says, "I tried to put it out."

Goblyn says, "So this is also for you to be sharing in."

Ponclast softly exclaims, "It was all their idea!"

You say, "I'm sorry, I think Maylan bears responsibility."

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn asks, "But it did not go out, yes?"

Cryheart says, "I expressed dismay and stoppage at all times."

Speaking honestly to Goblyn, Darcena says, "I think we need a statue."

Shinann says, "No."

Darcena appears to be struggling to keep a straight face as she glances at Goblyn.

Maylan confusedly says, "No not I, this was not my doing."

Goblyn giggles.

Cryheart says, "A pie statue."

Speaking to Goblyn, Shinann says, "If you have a complaint, please write the mayor or Judge Renpaw."

Goblyn vaguely says, "I do have some ideas of this ... recognition. For all, yes."

Speaking hopefully to Goblyn, Maylan asks, "Is it a pie??"

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena says, "I think you should expand."

Speaking to Shinann, Goblyn says, "I do not have a complaint, Shinann."

Darcena says, "Into some raw meats."

Darcena nods at Goblyn.

Goblyn beams happily at Darcena!

Shinann says, "I see."

Shinann nods at Goblyn.

Speaking to Maylan, Goblyn exclaims, "It is a pie, yes!"

Maylan beams happily at Goblyn!

Speaking excitedly to Maylan, Goblyn exclaims, "With faces on it!"

Maylan ponders.

Darcena bursts out in loud, raucous laughter.

Goblyn glances around the area.

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan asks, "Is it a me pie??"

Goblyn giggles.

Darcena says, "I know some people who want to eat me."

You think to yourself, "I should probably drink this much every day. It's extremely entertaining."

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Wintersylph says, "You had water drippin offyer noses, and you and maylan both was shiverin, I tried as hard as I could, but you cheat and use accellerent, and cats, kids, pies, everything dat burns."

Speaking to Maylan, Goblyn exclaims, "This will be one of this faces, yes!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Maylan exclaims, "I'll be famous!"

Goblyn says, "I will maybe think on this, but..."

Goblyn furrows her brow.

Goblyn says, "This building part will be first. Maybe."

You lean to your left.

Goblyn happily says, "Maybe this is 'thank you' for making this building ready for change."

Darcena beams happily at Goblyn!

Goblyn hums a seemingly random tune.

You carefully examine your physique and figure you weigh about 207 pounds.

Darcena leans on you.

Shinann says, "Your remodling is rather drastic."

You grin impishly at Darcena.

Speaking to Shinann, Darcena says, "Eennnhh. No one got hurt."

Darcena says, "And the business owner was egging 'em on."

Speaking to yourself, you mumble, "One more can't hurt."

You take a drink from your sandfire liquor. Your eyes water and your nose runs. You feel tension draining away, giving way to a very relaxed state. You have 8 quaffs left.

You grimace.

Speaking to Darcena, Shinann says, "One reason I am not too bothered. No one was hurt. The owner seems happy about it."

Darcena rubs you.

Goblyn says, "Maybe you will all be making new ideas for this... expansion of Darcena's thought."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena exclaims, "More raw meats!"

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Wintersylph says, "Maybe's build yer new shop over da water ona house boat, so won't burn so easy in da future, and den sell pies to all da merchant marines, and sailors dat arrive by ship."

Speaking to Goblyn, Darcena asks, "Can I be in Meat Procurement?"

Speaking to Goblyn, you say, "I suggest a brothel."

You say, "No one says it can't have pie."

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn exclaims, "Maybe I will make more room for this kittens to play in while they are waiting for the better place of life!"

Cryheart gawks at Goblyn.

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn whispers aloud, "The better place is in the pie. Or in stomachs."

Cryheart frowns at Goblyn.

Goblyn flashes a wide grin at Cryheart.

Cryheart mutters under his breath.

Maylan sings:

"Maylan Meat Pies tell no lies

Its hearty crust is full of flies

Eat them with your missing glove

Eat them with your long lost love"


Maylan skips around in a merry little circle.

Goblyn blinks at you.

You shrug.

Speaking to you, Goblyn asks, "A... brothel?"

Darcena smiles a toothy smile to herself.

Speaking befuddledly to you, Goblyn asks, "What is this 'brothel' meaning in Common?"

Speaking in Sylvankind, you say, "A brothel."

Cryheart asks, "Hey kitty, do ye want to end up in a pie?"

The black and white kitten rubs up against Cryheart.

Goblyn gasps.

Tawariell laughs!

Cryheart says, "That is what will happen."

Cryheart gently rests his hand on Kittai's shoulder.

Goblyn kicks you!

You grimace.

Speaking in Sylvankind, Tawariell says, "It means ya stealing business from the bathhouse."

Tawariell bursts out in loud, raucous laughter.

Speaking to you, Goblyn says, "If you do mean one for the kittens to make more kittens..."

Goblyn nods once to you.

Speaking to you, Goblyn says, "Or maybe they will make orphans for us."

Goblyn beams happily at you!

Cryheart says, "No kitty farm."

You ask, "Is that a 'what a wickedly good idea' kick?"

Cryheart frowns.

Ponclast agrees with Cryheart.

Kittai says, "YES KITTY FARM."

Darcena recites:

"Darcena the Meat Procurer

Removes the Fur

Keeps the Meat Moist

And all the citizens rejoiced!"


Saverik softly says, "No orphan farm."

Goblyn starts chortling at you!

You glance sharply at Darcena.

Speaking to Kittai, Tawariell says, "Ya biased."

Kittai asks, "Maybe a wee bit....so?"

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Now sing us the Lazaryth pie song."

You blink at Maylan.

You ask, "I'm sorry?"

Speaking to you, Maylan says, "Darcena and I just sang our pie songs. Now it's your turn."

Goblyn turns to you and cheers!

You sharply inhale and exhale a heavy breath in annoyance.

Speaking to Maylan, Darcena says, "Crustless raw meat pie."

Darcena nods sagely at Maylan.

Maylan says, "Yarr."

Speaking irritatedly to Maylan, you say, "Alright. Let me think for a moment."

Goblyn exclaims, "I will be seeing to some things now! You will all... burn more things soon!"

Maylan says, "I dearly hope so."

Darcena nods once.

Darcena stands up.

Maylan applauds.

Cryheart says, "We need to speak to the mayor and town council."

Cryheart nods at Shinann.

Cryheart says, "This free lance burning is nae good for the town."

Speaking to Cryheart, Shinann says, "Maybe so."

Kittai says, "In this case I don't think you can call it free lance."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maylan says, "Really you are not seeing the big picture. It is simply ONE step in my five-part defensive upgrade."

Kittai says, "A shop owner decided to burn their shop down."

Cryheart waves to a mass of charred and smoky building remnants.

Cryheart says, "There will be no pies to throw."

You scrub your hand through your long silver blonde hair in frustration.

You say, "I'm too drunk to think of a poem."

You say, "Hold on."

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Wintersylph says, "Make sure dey know I did my part to stop dem, but well."

Ponclast softly wonders, "Was this shop even zoned properly?"

Ponclast softly says, "This is a park, after all."

Tawariell lets out an exasperated, "Pbpbpb."

Speaking to Maylan, you say, "Alright, Maylan."

Maylan turns to face you.

You say, "Here is a slip of verse."

Maylan beams!

You recite:

"When the Landing lay in Boredom's grasp

Exposed to Luukos's roving eye

One person rose up to the task -

Who saved the whole darn town? 'Twas I."


You nod with satisfaction.

Maylan applauds you.

Maylan exclaims, "Wonderful!"

You say, "Thank you, thank you."

Maylan says, "And now I must must must go to bed."

Maylan yawns.

You glance at Maylan and yawn.

You nod.

You stand back up. Roundtime: 3 sec.

You feel a bit weak in the knees and find yourself wobbling.

You reach out and touch a weatherworn grey marble statue.

Maylan recites:

"Thank you all for your efforts tonight, especially Darcena and Lazaryth"


Maylan lets out a large belch and wanders off.

You say, "And thank you Maylan. We couldn't have done it without you."

You say, "The evening was a success."

You stare at nothing in particular.

(Lazaryth wanders south, listing a little bit.)