Elemental Damage Types
1. Air: Vacuum critical damage
- Ex. Chest decompresses violently and explodes in a shower of bone and lung!
2. Earth: Impact/Vibration critical damage
- Ex. Every bone in the left arm shattered and scattered about!
3. Fire: Fire critical damage
- Ex. Fire completely surrounds [target]. Blood boils and heart stops.
4. Water: Cold/Ice critical damage
- Ex. Head freezes solid and the [target] topples over, shattering skull on impact.
5. Lightning: Lightning/Electric Shock critical damage
- Ex. Hideously bright electrical bolt sends left leg into another universe. Happy traveling.
Attunement affects a number of spells including:
- Elemental Blade (411)
- Elemental Strike (415)
- Elemental Targeting (425)
- Major Elemental Wave (435)
- Chromatic Circle (502)
- Cone of Elements (518)
- Mage Armor (520)
- Weapon Fire (915)
- Earthen Fury (917)
- Energy Maelstrom (710)
- Corpse explosion effect of Animate Dead (730)
Attunement is also highly beneficial in the Elemental Confluence. Being attuned allows a character to sense the locations of elemental instabilities where they may enter the confluence safely and protects against some of its environmental hazards.
By utilizing the ATTUNE command a character binds himself closely to one of five elements. Use ATTUNE SET to do so.
ATTUNE SENSE is also used to find an entrance to the Elemental Confluence.
- Usage (pre-attunement)
ATTUNE RANDOM - Focus randomly on any elemental energy type. ATTUNE ELEMENT - Focus on your attuned elemental energy type. ATTUNE SET - Set your elemental attunement.
- Usage (post-attunement)
ATTUNE RANDOM - Focus randomly on any elemental energy type. ATTUNE ELEMENT - Focus on your attuned elemental energy type. You are attuned to the Element of Air.
- After specifically focusing on one's chosen element
ATTUNE RANDOM - Focus randomly on any elemental energy type. ATTUNE ELEMENT - Focus on your attuned elemental energy type. You are attuned to the Element of Air. You are currently focused on your attuned element.
- ATTUNE SENSE
You close your eyes, focusing on the background elemental flows. You sense an unusual fluctuation emanating from the Upper Trollfang. Roundtime: 4 sec.
When used in the correct general location, ATTUNE SENSE gives a temporary vision of the exact room.
Note: The vision will be output to the Familiar Window if it is open.
>location You carefully survey your surroundings and guess that your current location is the Upper Trollfang or somewhere close to it. >attune sense You close your eyes, focusing on the background elemental flows. You feel your senses being pulled towards a strong fluctuation... [Upper Trollfang] The deep shadows cast by the towering walls of this narrow canyon bathe this area in constant darkness. A few ferns and a small amount of deep green moss grow near the trickles of water that seep from the myriad of tiny cracks that break up the sheer cliff face. You also see a point of elemental instability. Obvious paths: south, northwest You open your eyes and your senses return to you. Roundtime: 4 sec.
If already in the correct room:
>attune sense You close your eyes, focusing on the background elemental flows. You feel a strong sense of instability surround you! Roundtime: 4 sec.