G'bruk and trolls (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Posted by Rail 18 February 2003

A trollish witchdoctor arrived today in the Rest. With him a storm came called upon by the "earth mother", the trolls' goddess. This storm was punishment for a certain halfing killing an advisor last night, who came to speak with us.

It was also determined that G'bruk is a "paradise" for trolls. That the Pathfinder, a troll who is a messiah, shall lead them to this paradise. The location of which, if my memory serves me right, is "on the side of a mountain, where tree and stone meet."

They intend to move their clans through the town of River's Rest, and intend also, no violence unless attacked. Let us hope cooler minds prevail, least we are faced with war.

Rail

The Troll Speaks! (LONG)

We heard troll voices in the town commons, speaking of G'bruk and the need to spread the word. Later there was some rustling in the brush and a piece of bloodstained tree bark fell, which was carved with the image of trolls standing beneath a comet. A group of them went to the troll lair, and heard voices saying that the glory of G'bruk was upon them, and that in time they would know G'bruk.

This started in the Commons area of RR:

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "'dramr snralorpr 'ght 'r'rar?""
Are the plans made

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "'darmr nbr 'vrargh r'snarlorpr 'ght, r's'. Tghgrirnot trartr's
'wr.""
war starts tonight. See, the plans have been made.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Lorr'krighu tar tr'sghumor 'wr."
we must act quickly.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "N'rdlorrigh dnra n'morow 'ght 'rrar'p'r'rpr tr'srumr 'w. 'darmr
srnralorpr 'ght. Tra tsrrumri."
must act..the plans made. we must prepare the women and children

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "R'sghu rra'gh Trollkin non 'ght, t'riru."
Quiet, the non trollkin hear us.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Dnargh tra sri G'bruk. Tri nir d'dghuor'rghsrn' 'br larlorrir'w
Trollkin fo larlarar."
All of Trollkin will be enshrouded in it. G'Bruk is at hand.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Mrirgh dnrif tr'srumr 'r'w. 'firlor r'sirght noprghu G'bruk gnirrbr lurlarrir'w 'gh."
He will bring G'Bruk upon this life. we must find him"

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Wrolorlurof lorlarirr'w srr'ghto. Lartroghsr 'r'r'gh grnrir'vrir'rrra 'br larlorriw Trollkin fo tsrr'rrif 'ght."
The first of nilort will be arriving here shortly. Others will follow.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "R'r'ghtorbr, r'snralurr'p 'ght r'rof nr'rghut'r'r srghu t'lur."
Let us return for the plans brother.

A GROUP OF US WENT TO THE TROLL LAIR AND HEARD THIS;

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl loudly, "Prghu rr'rghugh! R'pru rrrugh! D'arlor'd 'br ton tsrghumri snralorpr!"
plans must not be delayed. Huryy up. Hurry up.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl loudly, "Tri no 'vromri ra t'gr! R'r'tsrarf krr'row!"
Work faster. Get a move on it!

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl loudly, "Gnirvromri r'pk! Mriirgh dnrif ot 'mrrit ghghumor sru 'r'krat 'br larlarirw tir. S'mrio tir, r'grnolur nra trirar'w tonnar G'bruk!"
Gbruk cannot wait any longer, it comes. It will be take us much time to find him. (not sure about this one)

You see a handul of trolls making their way towards the entrance, a few of them

A pair of trolls, one smaller than the other, hurries past you dragging another large wooden device.

A gangly silver-eyed troll just arrived in town, it was bound but freed itself and then was killed. They were VERY fast and took a very long time to capture. Here is what it looked like;

You see a fairly typical silver-eyed troll that is lying down.
It appears to be dead.
It has moderate bleeding from its neck, a fractured and bleeding left arm and a fractured and bleeding left leg.
It is stunned.
It has a broad leather belt fringed with yellowing crocodile fangs (worn), a tree bark crocodile totem suspended from a twisted length of twine (worn) and a pair of tattered leather trousers patched over the knees (worn).

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "D'tarr'rtsrird 'r'ght 'lorrighr'w, rrrugh."
Hurry, while their distracted

A gangly silver-eyed troll just arrived.
We chased this one for a long time as well but it died from its injuries.
The silver-eyed troll screams one last time and dies.

A slavering wart-covered troll just arrived.
Aye, this one died as well.
The wart-covered troll screams one last time and dies.

Finally managed to capture one without inflicting injury;
A tattered robed troll suddenly stops all movement.

You see a fairly typical robed troll that is lying down.
It appears to be in good shape.
It appears to be frozen in place.
It is covered with sticky, gooey webs.
It has a broad leather belt fringed with yellowing crocodile fangs (worn), a tree bark crocodile totem suspended from a twisted length of twine (worn) and a pair of tattered leather trousers patched over the knees (worn).

Talk to us troll;
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'mor morr'rragh ruo od ghwr?"
Why do you harm me.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Nirr'k mr mrirargh ruo od ghw?"
Why do you harm my kin.

We want to talk, not to harm you.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'mr nor'pghu srlorlar'r'psr grnirtr'sra 'ghunirtno ruo t'?"
Yet you continue casting spells upon me.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Nrir'k mor lorlarrir'k ghuo od ghr'w?"
Why do you kill my kin.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Ghuo ot 'nod 'ght 'vrragh targhr'w?"
what have they done to you

Can you speak common?
A tattered robed troll brushes himself off.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Larlor'wr 'grrarugnarlor wonr'k ir wodraghr's nir 'no 'ght lorlor't.
Larlaror'rt r'f'rpr."
Prefer troll. Tell the one in shadow I know language well.

What do you want?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Nwot sirght rof snralarpr on 'r'vragh 'r'w. Larlarra r'sru noprghu sri
r'krurbrgr."
G'bruk is upon us all. We have no plans for this town.

Why are you in our town then?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Rar'w nri r'sri nwrot rghuo. 'lorr'pmrrir's."
Simple. Your town is in way.

In the way of what?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "G'bruk."

Where is G'bruk going?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Grnriogr tnr'sri G'bruk. Grnirmrio r'sir G'bruk."
G'bruk is coming. G'bruk isn't going.

G'bruk is basically Troll honor then?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "R'ronogh nraght 'r'romor r'sir G'bruk."
G'bruk is more than honor.

What is G'bruk then?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Dnrikr r'rruo ghtirw sr'ir'ghr'por'rpr Trollkin 'r'rraghs 'wr tsrrumri ghr'w?"
Why must we share Trollkin prophecies with your kind?

Why do you invade our town then?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'drar'vnir ton od 'w. G'bruk ksr 'wr. 'r'ght srghu dar'lur lurlurirw 'gh dnra."
He will lead us there. We seek G'bruk. We do not invade.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Lorlor'wr r'sar sdra'ghtogh 'vrragh 'w, ruo 'r'kirlor. S'ogr tir sarr'wor'wt."
Two ways it goes. Like you, we have hotheads as well.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "R'kghurbrgr fo wronk Trollkin lorlurar. R'snralurr'p 'krramri Trollkin lorlorra. 'r'ghwr'r'r'v'."
Everywhere. Trollkin make plans. All trollkin know of G'bruk

What are the Trollkin plans?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Snarlarpr s lorlurriw ruo, r'skrw gnirmro 'ght nir. Ruo rof ton
r'snarlarr'p Trollin."
Trollkin plans not for you. In the coming weeks, you will see plans.

We killed you because you killed us;
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Tsrarr'p 'ght nri sghu nosriror'p r'sragh dnirk rruo. Dnirr'k r'rghuo fo ton r'knrird ir. Dnrir'k r'rghuo fo ton 'krart ri."
I take not of your kind. I drink not of your kind. Your kind has poisoned us in the past."

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Sr'ghsriwr mr br r'kra'prs ri. S'mro morrargh on 'r'r'ghwr, ra'rar srright nri 'ra'r'p tghgrruorbr r'knright ghuo od oghr'w?"
Who do you think brought peace in this area, where no harm comes? I speak by my wishes.

What is your position or your name?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'morran 'rur'rt on 'vrragh ri. Rosrrivrdar nar morar ir."
I am an advisor. I have no true name.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "R'dra'lor rruo ot ror'srivrdar 'ght morar ri. G'bruk fo r'snarlurpr 'darmri ir."
I made plans of G'bruk. I am the advisor to our leader.

Who is "Him" that brings G'bruk?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Morrigh fo ghuo lorlor't ton lorlorriw ir."
I will not tell you of him.

What if we gave you safe passage through our town if you told us of your plans?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "D'morrragh 'br ton dlurruor'w 'gh tn'r'rraghugr 'r'vargh ghuo od? Ton
knright ir."
I think not. Do you have guarantee he would not be harmed?

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Tsr'br sir 'n'larirr's."
Silence is best.

Can we settle this without harm to you or us?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'lortt'r's ot ghsrrir'w ton od 'wr. G'bruk krs ot ghsrirr'w 'r'w."
We wish to seek G'bruk. We do not wish to settle.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "G'bruk kr's 'r'w 'lurirghwr 'br srru 'vrra'lor ot 'lurpro'r'p rghuo fo
tr's'r'r'tnir tr's'br 'ght nri 'br dlorruowr tir."
It would be in the best interest of your people to leave us be while we seek G'bruk.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "'nolarar s'ghsrriwr mri br kra'prr's ir ars ton ri drid?"
Did I not say I speak by my wishes alone?

The tattered-robed troll growls, "'br ghuo dlurghuor'w 'r'r'ghw n'ght dnra? 'nrimr lurlarirr'k ot 'ghunritno
dlarghuow dnirkr rghuo, 'mrio ton ri dargh."
Had I not come, your kind would continue to kill mine. And then where would you be?

At this point, many were speaking to the troll;
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'iror'v 'no ghtirr'w r'kar'r'ps. 'grarghugrnralur r'brbrrig rghuo
'tarlorr'snarr'rt ot gnolar oot sr'krart."
Takes too long to translate your gibber language. Speak with one voice.

I suggest you leave town then.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Traght tsr'ggrus ghuo od ghr'w dnra?"
And why do you suggest that?"

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Girshnak fo ghnrubr ra 'krirlur, ton r'sr'r'ttarmri tri. 'lurbrbrrabr
larlorrir'w 'ght."
They will babble. It matters not, like a bunch of girshnak

Girshnak is apparently some kind of insult, so many started talking to it again.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Ras ir, 'rior'v 'no."
One voice, I say.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "G'bruk n'ght dnar. Morirgh kr's 'r'w."
We seek him, and then G'bruk.

A few needed to catch up. so Vorek summarized;
Vorek warmly says, "He is the one they seek."
Vorek warmly says, "The one who will bring G'bruk.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Lorrf krra'prsr ir od 'slur' ghr'w? Ar'r'rra srright d't'torpr 'vrargh ri
r'rof, 'mr mrir'rargh tonnra 'ght."
They cannot harm me, for I have protected this area. Why else do I speak freely?

The tattered-robed troll growls, "'r'r'gh 'mrio larlarirwr dnrikr mr fo 'romri."
More of my kind will come here.

If they come, we will kill them.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Grnrilorlor'r'wd rghuo fo ton 'r'rar 'r'w d'tartr's 'r'vragh ri. Os traght
srir ghw?"
Why is that so? I have stated we are not of your dwelling.
(basically meaning we don't want your town)

A tattered robed troll points at Moredin.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Girshnak."

A tattered robed troll points at Moredin.
The troll was attacked for hurling slurs;
A tattered robed troll chants in a guttural language, and all its wounds fade away.

Someone appologized for the attack;
A tattered robed troll looks over at Wulfhen and shakes its head.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "'runirtno srnarlorpr 'ght. 'mri sr'arlarr'p'r r'ghtonra, larlararf ir fri.
Ton sr'r'ttarmor tri."
It matters not. If I fall, another replaces me. The plans continue.

What plans?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Rawr 'ght nrij tr'sghu. Tri fo trrar'par ton sir grnrilurlor'wd r'rruo.
Nr'r'no rruo fo ton 'rar srnarlorr'p r'rruo."
Our plans are not of your concern. Your dwelling is not apart of it. Just in the way.

A tattered robed troll looks over towards Moredin and nods.
A tattered robed troll mutters gutturally, "Girshnak."

Why won't you say anything more about your plans?
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Rar's larlurriwr ri larlurra sri targht. Snarlurpr 'ght sr larlorirw ruo."
You will see the plans. That is all I will say.

Sounds like a threat.
The tattered-robed troll growls, "Or's tnra'mr ton srri tir. Tra'rght ar sra tri 'r'krat ruo."
you take it as a threat. It is not meant so.

The tattered-robed troll growls, "Srragh r'r'ghtonar srt'krnrir'rt 'ght r'rof srlurlorrik 'lurprmrrir's targht
dnirr'k ar ghtirw star'r'rght 'krarmor ir dlarghuowr ghw?"
A tattered robed troll motions to his tree bark totem.
Why would I make threats with a kind that simply kills for the trinkets another has.

He was then killed and the trinkets taken. Some thought he was just talking to save his hide while his brethren surrounded us.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "S'gravrrasr Trollkin larlarar ruo dnar."
And you call Trollkin savages.

You hear a guttural voice nearby growl loudly, "S'mrirr'r r'rri'ght nri mor'ght ghn'r'rd. Ghr's'br 'r'w
sr'arr'rg rruo, r'ghtomr n'ghtrar'!"
Earthen mother, your grace we beseech. Drown them in their crimes

Amazingly enough, it started to POUR rain. Really hard!

A group gathered and went to the troll lair where they were attacked by some lower level trolls, some massive troll sentries, and massive troll kings.

Most everyone died....

After we were healed, we gathered back in the lair and a darkly-robed troll decided to speak to those gathered;

A darkly-robed troll growls, "'srn'sr 'lorttirlor s'r'kramr dnrikr rghuo. Mri'ght 'vrirgr ot gnrilorlurrir'w
'no 'ght d'lurlurrikr ruo r'tfra srr'r'wrsnra ks ruo?"
You seek answers after you killed the one willing to give them. Your kind makes little sense

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Gnrilarlarirkr 'ght r'potr's ot tn'r'w 'gh."
He went to stop the killing.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "R'snar'mri mor br. D't'torr'p sri lurlurargh sright. Slarlar'prsr noirt'tor'rpr
gnirtsar ghtra'rbr r'rruo 'tsarr'w ruo."
You waste your breath casting protection spells. This hall is protected by my means.

They protect us just fine
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Ghgrruon' larlar'r'w ton."
Not well enough.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Dlarrigh ra srarw mor'ght fo 'no. Gnirsr'srapr dnrir'k r'rghuo fo tr'sr'rirf 'ght 'r'r'w d'lurlarrikr ghuo r'sr'ghto 'ght. R'rosrirvrdra 'no tn'sr larno 'r'w."
We only sent one advisor. The others you killed were the first of our kind passing. One of them was a child.

We killed one of your children?"
A darkly-robed troll growls, "R'snirkr mor fo 'no, 'nrimri ton."
Not mine, one of my kins.

Well, how many more must die before we seek a truce? You discuss no terms.
A darkly-robed troll growls, "D'r'pr'pots 'br ton lorlorriw 'ght dnra, G'bruk fo srnralurr'p 'r'vragh 'wr.
'larprmorrisr targht srri tir ,srmrir'r't on 'vrargh 'wr."
We have no terms. It is that simple. We have plans of G'bruk, and they will not be stopped.

What are your plans?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Nr'no rruo fo 'non 'r'rra srnarlarr'p rruo."
Our plans are none of your concern.

Then why are we here?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "'r'sor'pr'prur's ir, 'r'romr 'mriosr sru larlorirk ot d'tnarwr ruo 'srruar'br."
Because you wanted to kill us some more, I suppose.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "R's'mrirr r'rghuo nri ruo ghn'rd lurlorriw r'ghtomor n'ghtr'rar' 'ght, n'ght
lurirtnru. Srsrrapr ot 'moro 'ght n'ghwr nralorr'p rruo fo r'wonk lurlarrir'w ghuo."
You will know of our plan when they come to pass. Until then, the earthen mother will drench you in your crimes.

Why do you keep giving the same answer?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "R'r'wrsrnra 'morars 'ght t'gr ton lorlarirwr ghuo dnra, norits'ghu 'morarr's 'ght ton r'ksra n'ght."
Then ask not the same question, and you will not get the same answer.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Targht ot 'sirr'wr'r'ghto nsr sragh gnirlurtr'roghs rruo. R'sr'sraprj tr'sghu
ot gnirog 'r'w 'wr. Raw rghuo nri lurr'pmriirs r'sarr'w grnrilarlar'wd rruo."
your dwelling was simply in our way. We were going to just pass.

Certainly you can understand our fear of your plans. Would you not feel similar if we didnae'
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Grnrilarlar'wrd r'rghuo 'vrar'lur tnod ruo."
you don't leave our dwelling."

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Fo 'rar 'w gnrilorlor'r'wd rruo ton sri tir tghubr. Gnrilartroghr's r'rghuo fo
'srghura'br 'grnragh larlorirw r'snarlurr'p rruo."
Our plans will change because of your shortling. But it is not your dwelling we are of

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Ruo fo trramorsr r'r'r'v. D'ssrar'p 'ght srar r'stn'onnri rruo grnrilarlarirkr no ruo d'nnralarr'p 'wr, r's'."
Yes, we planned on you killing our innocents as they passed. Very smart of you.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Fo d'r'sor'pr'sird dobr, d'toolur srt'krnirr'rt srrigh. Tri rof d'lorlorrikr
r'srawr dnar. Gnrilarlur'r'wd r'rruo ot morrragh on r'sarw 'r'ght 'rghusn'. 'ar'r'p r'klarrat ot nwrot r'rghuo ot 'morar oghw r'ror'sirvrdra rruo d'lurlarrik grnirlurtr'roghsr rruo."
your shortling killed our advisor who came to your town to talk peace. Ensure there was no harm to your dwelling. And was killed for it. His trinkets looted. Body disposed of.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Larrf r'r'gh noprru r'klorrar'w ot lorlarra r'swrolurlorra r'r'ghtomri
n'ghtr'rar'. N'krot r'ffo 'w dlorruoghsr ghr'w?'
Why should we offer token? Earthen mother allows all to walk upon her freely.

Talk about the trolls fine trinkets and polished metals they wear;
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Lorrat'mr d'ghsrriloropr rar'r'w ruo. 'rghuor's r'r'ghgrrigh ra br d'dnruf ghuo 'rra?"
Are you funded by a higher source? You wear polished metal.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Ssrghusrid ot grnrighton 'r'vragh 'w."
We have nothing to discuss.

So, where does that leave us now?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Srnralarpr rruo 'ghunritno ot srru dnar. 'morogh rghuo fo 'larddirmr 'ght nri gnirdnratsr ghuo s'vrra'lur tir."
It leaves you standing in the middle of our home. And us to continue our plans."

We can't trust you.
A darkly-robed troll growls, "N'ght, lurlorirwr ghuo traghwr tr'sghur'rt."
A darkly-robed troll shrugs.
Trust what you will, then.

What of the seige weapons we saw you carrying out of the lair?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Srnoprra'r'w 'gr'irs on 'vrragh 'wr."
We have no siege weapons.

What were those wooden things we saw, then?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Srgnirlarlur'r'wd."
Dwellings.

You carry your dwellings with you?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "G'bruk krsr 'w n'ght. Grnolur r'sri mrrigh dnrif otj 'nrghuo r'rghuo."
They are seeking G'Bruk..their journey is long

Who are you trying to find?"
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Mriirgh."
Him.

When you find G'Bruk...will you then turn and attack us?
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Srr'r'ttramor 'r'slor' grnirghton, G'bruk dnrif 'r'w n'ghw."
When we find G'bruk, nothing else matters.

Well, go find G'bruk then
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Ks 'wr oghwr 'gh ton r'sir G'bruk."
G'bruk is not he who we seek.

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Rasr ruo r'sra, sr'r'vlar'r'sr'rruo 'drulur'd ton od. Tri kr's dnra G'bruk fo
r'wonkr 'r'r'ghwrr'r'r'v' Trollkin. Narlar rruo narght r'ggribr srri G'bruk."
G'bruk is bigger than our land. Trollkin everywhere know of G'bruk and seek it

A darkly-robed troll growls, "Krs 'w oghwr mririgh r'sgrnrirbr lurno r'ksr nir 'rirf."
Fire in sky only brings him who we seek.

For a little clarification;
The comet brings Him, and He brings G'bruk.

I don't remember what was asked at this point;
A darkly-robed troll growls, "Gnrilorlar'wd r'rruo ghgrghuorght srsrarr'p lurlorirwr 'w. Dr'rragr'r'r traght
nir 'gnargh ton larlurirr'w r'snarlurpr r'rghuo tghubr, larruft'r'rgr'r'r mrra ir."
I am not grateful, but our plans will not change in that regard. We will pass through your dwelling.

It then left, or so we thought. When one asked Did they leave;
You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Dird 'wr, s'."
yes we did 

Troll Exodus

Troll attacks and large migrations began to occur in cities around Elanthia. Reports came in sporadically.

3/2/2003 Gone Missing: Trolls. Please return to nearest Restfolk.

After a major invasion this witching hour, our trolls vanished. They're gone. All gone. No trace of the Trolls of River's Rest...None in the troll lair, or in the vale. None in the jungle or out beyond the bay in the bog or moor..all gone...missing..gone...empty and gone...

Rail.

-Icemule

5/13/2003 You hear a guttural voice nearby growl, "Srgnrighra't rruo d'r'wolurlorof 'r'w 'mrirt sri tri, gnolur oot d'ralar'd 'r'vargh 'wr.""

Sufado translated:
We have delayed too long, it is time we followed our teamings
we must gather all and leave here! 
the time is now, we must find the Pathfinder. 

5/20/2003 Today a trollish emissary visited Icemule with grave warnings. It took a while to translate what he was saying but eventually we were able to figure out the jist of what he was trying to explain. Below is what I remember from what he said, followed by a translation and a description of him as well. I must also give credit to both Sufado who did the translation from Trollish to Common and Selupico who caught a portion of the conversation with Urgrak before I arrived.

You see Emissary Urgrak the Troll Fighter.
He appears to be an adult and taller than average. He has dark-rimmed crystal blue eyes and ice white skin skin. He has a field of icicles growing from his head and face, and no hair. He has a large nose and a low forehead.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an enruned ice-covered battle axe in his right hand.
He is wearing a beaten hide weapon harness tooled with crude stars and moons, and an ice-crusted steel chain hauberk.

Urgrak growls, "'mr protsr ot rt ton od. 
Do not try to stop me.

Urgrak growls, "R'snarlur 'ght r'ghtargr ot 'moro ri.
I come to gather the clans.

Urgrak growls loudly, "'vrar'lar tsrrumor 'ght!
They must leave!

Urgrak growls loudly, "Sgrnirghar't 'ght d'wrolorlorof ton 'r'vargh ruo!
You have not followed the teachings!

Urgrak growls loudly, "Srgnrighra't 'ght grnriwolurlarof ot d'larriraf 'r'vragh ghuo!
You have failed to following the teachings!

Urgrak growls, "Snarlor 'ght r'r'ghtarg.
Gather the clans.

Urgrak growls, "Pathfinder 'ght dnirf tsrumri 'r'w, 'mro sargh ksr 'ght nir 'r'rrif 'ght.
The fire in the sky has come, we must find the Pathfinder.

Urgrak growls, "R'snralur 'ght r'r'ghtarg ot 'mrio ir.
I come to gather the clans.

Urgrak growls, "Ogr ot 'morirt r'sir tir.
It is time to go.

Urgrak growls, "'r'ght r'sru dar'lor larlararghr's Pathfinder 'ght dnar dnragh tar srri G'bruk.
G'bruk is at hand and the Pathfinder shall lead us there!

Urgrak growls, "Grnghuo dnar sr'larramri'f 'ght r'r'ghtarg, srr'ghto 'ght lorlor't. Srrad owrt nri 'r'r'gh 'vrar'lur tsghumr ruo.
You must leave here in two days. Tell the others, gather the females and young.

Urgrak growls loudly, "Drowr 'ght srsrrar'p, srrad owrt!
Two days, pass the word.

Shol Tacitus Healer of Icemule


-Wehnimers

(6/13/2003) Several waves of various types of trolls arrived between the AI and north gate last night. All were killed and no ambassador showed to try and make peace (they likely knew it was pointless). The only contact I made with any non hostile creature was in the grasslands where a hidden troll told us that they were now moving east and would waste no more time in Wehnimers. I didn't think this was the true exodus until hours later when people started reporting that there were no trolls anywhere. Upon a quick patrol this morning, I found none as well. It seems all of these trolls may become an elven problem in the coming weeks.

Shonison

The Pathfinder's Search

[Whistler's Pass, Trail]
A large carving of a stylized drake adorns the western pass wall. The walls of the pass begin to fan outward from each other into the night. You also see a thorny vine, a jungle troll chieftain and a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword.
Also here: Jrolgh, Srqrootgah, Tghgrirs, Lady Troiandan who is lying down
Obvious paths: northwest, southwest

Troiandan says, "Please pass on emissary"

Lord Calean just arrived.

You see Jrolgh the Troll Emissary.
He appears to be in the prime of life and very tall. He has bulging dark eyes and thick bark-like mottled green skin. He has raggedly cut, greasy steel grey hair. He has a flat face, a beak-like nose and a wart.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a broadsword in his right hand and a heavily spiked iron shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a large black back sheath crafted from interwoven bones, and a set of stained black chain hauberk set with red metal spikes.

You see Srqrootgah the Troll Emissary.
She appears to be in the prime of life and very tall. She has bulging steel grey eyes and blotchy skin. She has raggedly cut, greasy coal black hair. She has a gaunt face, a bulbous nose and heavy jowls.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a rusty jagged-bladed limb-cleaver in her right hand.
She is wearing some reinforced leather, and a heavy backpack.

You see Tghgrirs the Troll Magi. << Big hint #1; Tghgrirs means 'Sight' in Trollish. >>
He appears to be extremely old and taller than average. He has sightless milky white eyes and blotchy brown skin. He has tufts of thin, stringy grey-brown hair. He has two long, red scars running from his chest and down both arms, ending at his wrists.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a massive tower shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a lizard skin loincloth.

You cock your head at Jrolgh.

Troiandan says, "I believe these be emissaries"

Jrolgh hauls off and slaps you up'side your head!

Ignoring everything around him Tghgrirs leans down and places his ear to the ground.

Troiandan stands up.

Jrolgh growls loudly, "'r'rratsr 'ght ghr'w!"
Why the stare!

You glance at Jrolgh.

You harshly ask, "'r'r'gh ks ruo tir srri targhr'w?"
What is it you seek here?

Calean sniffs at Jrolgh.

Calean sighs.

Tghgrirs picks up a piece of dirt and tastes it.

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Tghgrirs growls, "'solar r'sri tir tghubr, 'arlarr'p 'ght ton srri srright."
This is not the place, but it is close.

Troiandan says, "This is not the..."

Srqrootgah growls, "Lorarrutrir ra r'rof 'arlorpr ra r'kr's 'wr."
<< (We seek a place for a ritual.) >>

Sahra intones a phrase of elemental power while raising her hands...

A jungle troll chieftain shouts, "Ird t'sum snramugh larlor'ra!"
All humans must die!
<< Common Troll script. >>

A jungle troll chieftain swings a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword at Troiandan!
AS: +234 vs DS: +143 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +32 = +151
... and hits for 32 points of damage!
Respectable shot to the back.
She is stunned!

Sahra gestures at a jungle troll chieftain.
CS: +267 - TD: +99 + CvA: +25 + d100: +44 == +237
Warding failed!
A jungle troll chieftain's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

Jrolgh hauls off and slaps Sahra up'side her head!

You harshly ask, "Targhr'w r'rof 'ralarpr?"
Place for what?

Jrolgh growls, "Targht protsr."
Stop that.

You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Mass Calm spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A calm washes over a jungle troll chieftain.
A calm washes over a hill troll.
A calm washes over a jungle troll chieftain.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

Troiandan says, "Stop that..."

Jrolgh reaches for the chieftain and it slaps his hands away!

Sahra asks, "So is this a diplomatic meeting?"

Tghgrirs grabs a handful of dirt and sifts it through his fingers.

You say, "I am not sure."

Tghgrirs gazes up into the sky.

Sahra waves to Jrolgh.

You say, "It appears they seek something, near here."

Prospera's group just arrived.

Sahra says, "I say let's help them find it."

Sahra says, "I'm for peaceful coexistence."

You ask, "ks ghuo tri srir traghw?"
What is it you seek?

You raise an eyebrow in Jrolgh's direction.

Sahra says, "We need someone who speaks trollish."

Calean points at you.

Tghgrirs growls, "'r'gh ton srir tir, 'moro."
Come, it is not here.

Prospera says, "Cap seems to be doing a fair job."

Srqrootgah growls, "'arlarpr ra ksr 'r'w."
We seek a place.

Calean says, "he just did"

Troiandan nods.

Tghgrirs growls, "Ghrra'r's rruo 'ghunritno srghu t'lur."
Let us continue our search.

You say, "It is not here, they say."

Tghgrirs's group just went northwest.

Lord Calean just went northwest.

<< Following. >>
[Whistler's Pass, Road]
A cobblestone road begins here as a great circle. The road heads to the northeast as it climbs up a large hill. Fireflies flicker through the darkness around the road. You also see a jungle troll chieftain, a hill troll that appears rather calm, a twohanded sword, a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword, a twohanded sword and an augmented breastplate.
Also here: Lord Calean, Jrolgh, Srqrootgah, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast

Tghgrirs's group just went northeast.

Lord Calean just went northeast.

[Whistler's Pass, Road]
The road heads up the steep hillside to the northeast. Ancient runes can barely be seen in the stones. A pattern of small shrubs line the cobblestone border at regular intervals.
Also here: Lord Calean, Jrolgh, Srqrootgah, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: east, northeast, southwest

You clear your throat.

You harshly ask, "'ralurpr ra?"
A place?

Prospera's group just arrived.

Prospera shrugs.

Srqrootgah growls, "Tri srr'rra'n 'gh n'ghw 'arlorpr srirght wonkr lorlorirw r'r'dnrifghtarpr 'ght."
The pathfinder will know this place when he nears it.

You say, "They're looking for a place."

Prospera asks, "What are they looking for, Cap?"

Tghgrirs kneels and scoops up handful of dirt and lets it slowly sift through his fingers before rising again.

Prospera asks, "A place to settle?"

You say, "They speak of one known as the Pathfinder."

Tghgrirs sniffs the air and gazes up at the stars.

You tilt your head up.

You gaze up into the sky and see a broad field of lights...
A single star shines in the heavens, eight glimmering rays of light flowing from its immaculate form.

Also amid the twinkling lights is a comet, burning with a noticeable intensity as it travels the endless expanse. A wavering tail of cerulean blue trails behind it, resembling a massive serpent gliding through the black pool of night.

Tghgrirs's group just went east.

<< Following. >>
[Sylvarraend Road]
Branching off to the southeast, the cobblestoned road shows signs of wear that indicate frequent use. A copse of trees stands nearby, birds atwitter in the tree branches. A tall stone marker stands in front of the copse.
Also here: Jrolgh, Srqrootgah, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: west, southeast

You harshly ask, "'r'gh ruo r's'drirugr tri... t'mrio 'ght?"
The comet... it guides you here?

Prospera's group just arrived.

Srqrootgah growls, "'lurttrilur nar'mor s. Flur's r'sirgh fo r'tn' srrigh, larghuos srigh ghtriw skrr's 'gh."
He seeks with his soul, his center of his self. Eyes mean little.

Nevets says, "Dat doesna sounds likes talkin' to me."

Calean says, "I must study on ma troll"

You cock your head at Srqrootgah.

Prospera says, "uh"

Srqrootgah stares at Tghgrirs.

Tghgrirs stands motionlessly, staring sightlessly up at the night sky.

You say, "They say that he seeks with his soul... the center of himself means little."

You say, "Though whom they speak of I do not know."

<< The hamster on the wheel has been assassinated. >>

Calean nods to you.

Calean rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Prospera asks, "You think they seek a certain troll?"

Srqrootgah growls, "Wolarlurof 'r'w targht 'r'gh 'gh sir r'dnrifghtrapr 'ght."
The pathfinder is he here that we follow.

You say, "Perhaps the one they know as the Pathfinder."

You nod to Srqrootgah.

Srqrootgah licks a rusty jagged-bladed limb-cleaver.

You slap yourself on the forehead! Doh!

You see Tghgrirs the Troll Magi.
He appears to be extremely old and taller than average. He has sightless milky white eyes and blotchy brown skin. He has tufts of thin, stringy grey-brown hair. He has two long, red scars running from his chest and down both arms, ending at his wrists.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a massive tower shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a lizard skin loincloth.

Prospera asks, "The pathfinder's what?"

Srqrootgah growls deeply, "S', ton 'rar ghuo ,dnirlorbr r'sri 'gh?"
'He is blind, you are not, yes?

You say, "How inane of me."

Tghgrirs snarls softly from deep within his chest.

You say, "That one *is* the Pathfinder."

Prospera glances at you.

You say, "The one that leads them."

Jrolgh growls, "Flar'sr d'r'pr'pralorr's 'gh doog sri. Mririgh gnirprprarlarr's fo d'r'rirt t'g."
Get tired of slapping him. Is good he slapped self.

Prospera says, "Ah"

Prospera nods.

Calean asks, "which one?"

Calean flails his arms about.

You glance at Jrolgh.

You mutter something inaudible.

You say, "That one there, in the cloth."
<< Referring to Tghgrirs. >>

Tghgrirs growls, "'r'solar ton trubr, 'solur srri tri."
It is close, but not close.

Calean says, "I see"

Tghgrirs growls, "Ghr'rra's r'rruo 'ghunirtno lurlurarghs 'w."
We shall continue our search.

Tghgrirs's group just went southeast.

<< Following. >>
[Sylvarraend Road]
The road widens slightly, as trees begin to press closer to the edges of the cobblestones. Twin grooves have been worn in the stones, evidence that wagons travel frequently on the road.
Also here: Jrolgh, Srqrootgah, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: south, northwest

Prospera's group just arrived.

Hakwea just arrived.

Prospera says, "What a curiosity."

Srqrootgah nods to Tghgrirs.

You harshly ask, "Krs ghuo 'ralurpr srirght srri 'nrarifirngirs targhr'w?"
<< (What significance is this place you seek?) >>

Lord Calean just arrived.

You say, "He says it it close, but not."

Jrolgh growls, "R'rgrnghugh."
Hunger.

You raise an eyebrow in Jrolgh's direction.

Prospera asks, "You're hungry?"

You scan your surroundings, considering the various flora and fauna found here (and noting those which are absent). The indications of the temperate climate and the hard, flat terrain are clearly evident. You quickly note the signs of a lop-eared mire jaguar, a sharp-nosed golden brown kuvasz and a crop-tailed dusky barrowrat having recently been in the area. Circling overhead is a black-billed light tan rowl. You don't see any other paths leading away from the area.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Hakwea removes some dried boar meat from in his rune-stitched greatcloak.

Hakwea glances at some dried boar meat.

Jrolgh growls, "Lar'vrrar'rt."
Travel.

Tghgrirs's group just went south.

<< We attempted to follow, but they were nowhere to be seen. >>

The Pathfinder Returns- (LONG)

[Sylvarraend Road]
Branching off to the southeast, the cobblestoned road shows signs of wear that indicate frequent use. A copse of trees stands nearby, birds atwitter in the tree branches. A tall stone marker stands in front of the copse.
Also here: Lord Rosman, Lord Anon, Linor, Grinash, Ghsramrrasmrsgh, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: west, southeast

<< I seem to have missed Grinash's description. >>

You see Ghsramrrasmrsgh the Troll Fighter.
He appears to be ancient and absolutely hulking in size. He has piggish, smoldering black eyes and pale grey skin. He has short, scraggly tufts of thick white hair sticking in all directions from his head, elbows, and knees. He has a blood-encrusted fangs revealed in his grotesque maw by the hideous grin splitting his face.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an enormous iron-studded tree-trunk in his right hand.
He is wearing a scraggly urgh hide loincloth.

You see Tghgrirs the Troll Pathfinder.
He appears to be extremely old and taller than average. He has sightless milky white eyes and blotchy brown skin. He has tufts of thin, stringy grey-brown hair. He has two long, red scars running from his chest and down both arms, ending at his wrists.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a massive tower shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a lizard skin loincloth.

A leaf hawk glides into view.

Anon rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Rosman raises an eyebrow.

Linor nods to Anon.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh snaps his long fangs at a leaf hawk, and the bird wisely veers away from the troll's personal space.

You cock your head at a leaf hawk.

You impress upon your companion the thought of boundless freedom and sense an eagerness from him to explore in return.

<< I came in the middle of this conversation. >>

Anon slowly says, "rolorrarar'vrat nri brramri r'r'vrir prdtsrimri"
<< (Mistdeep River maybe in Ta'Vaalor.) >>

Tghgrirs raises the handful of soil high above his, chanting softly, then lets the soil slowly sift through his fingers falling to the earth again.

A leaf hawk flies southeast.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh snarls menacingly!

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "'arlorpr traght srri 'r'ghr'w?"
Where is that place?

Ghsramrrasmrsgh stares at Anon.

Rosman acts puzzled.

Anon slowly says, "sdnralor rruo fo ghuo drir ot ghsrir'w lorno ri ghuo ralors ot mri tprmri't ton dlorruoghs ghuo"
You should not tempt me to slay you. I only wish to rid you of our lands.

You raise an eyebrow in Anon's direction.

You say, "I don't believe those are wise sentiments."

Linor smiles and whispers to Rosman, "he almost grunts as good as them eh."

You ask, "What have you learned so far?"

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Grnrighton swronkr 'no srirght, tghgris. Larf 'lurttrilar ra 'r'krilur srtra'rght s'karmri 'gh."
He makes threats like a little fly. Tghgrirs, this one knows nothing.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "'ghtra'r'rbr ruo rrira 'ght mriorf ghn'ts srirgh 'vromri'r'r dnra mrirgh no r'p'tr's 'mor t'lar."
Let me step on him and remove his stench from the air you breathe.

Anon slowly says, "rra'f fo r'kralor ght ssorra ghtruos rraf"
Far south across the Lake of Fear.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "Targht r'sri 'kralor targhwr, rra'f fo 'r'karlar?"
Lake of Fear, what lake is that?

Linor says, "well they are lookin for some flowing water"

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "'r'ghwr?"
Where?

Linor nods to you.

Tghgrirs growls, "'r'gh mororf rraf srghu dn's ot rt 'ght."
The try to send us far from here.

Linor says, "we think perhaps they seek the mistydeep river but who knows "

Rosman says, "Ask if they have that dwarven prince whatshisname."

Tghgrirs growls, "Br 'r'solar sri kr's 'wr 'ralarpr 'ght on tghubr"
But no the place we seek is close by.

Anon slowly asks, "lorlorrir'w ghuo sru r'wolorlorof?"
Follow us you will?

Anon shifts his eyes to Ghsramrrasmrsgh.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh glances at Tghgrirs.

Anon shifts his eyes to Tghgrirs.

Tghgrirs growls, "Srlurlurort 'ght fo 'mrrit 'ght 'br lurlarriw noor's."
Soon will be the time of the trolls.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Mrrigh wolarlorof 'w fir r'prart ra otnir sghu dar'lar lurlarrir'w 'gh."
He will lead us into a trap if we follow him.

Tghgrirs growls, "Dnargh tar rar'n sri G'bruk."
G'Bruk is near at hand.

You harshly say, "Sr'wolorf r'r'tarr'w 'ght 'r'r'ghw 'ralorpr ra fo wonr'k ri."
I know of a place where the water flows.

Tghgrirs growls, "Nomor'r' 'ght r'rof 'rrapr'rpr tsrghumor 'r'w."
We must prepare for the ceremony.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh bares his long, gore-stained fangs as he snarls with a noise like thunder rolling across distant hills.

Tishala takes a few graceful steps backwards.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "Ghuo! 'r'r'ghr'w?"
Where? You!

Ghsramrrasmrsgh points at you.

Anon slowly says, "'br sru r'vra'lor ghuo lorlorrir'w s'rar r'ghto ght fo traghr'w gnriod rra ghuo sri tri r'r'v' traghr'w od slorlorort ghuo n'ghr'w"
When you trolls do what ever it is you are doing what of the other races? Will you leave us be?

You harshly say, "Tsrar'ghtr'ron 'ght ot. r'dnrar'w sr'nrilar'f 'ght dnra sdrribr 'ght 'r'ghr'w."
Where the birds and the felines wander. To the Northeast.

Anon places his arms akimbo and looks about as if waiting for something.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "Truobrra srr'klarrat 'gh 'arlurr'p 'ght tghuobrra grnirkrlurart ruo 'r'rar?"
Are you talking about the place he talks about?

Ghsramrrasmrsgh stares at you.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh points at Anon.

Tishala works her fingers under her silver hair tie and scratches her head.

Anon shakes his head.

You look at Ghsramrrasmrsgh and shake your head.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "R'rraf wogh?"
How far?

You harshly say, "'r'solur larrriraf r'sir tri."
It is fairly close.

Rosman asks, "How far what?"

Ghsramrrasmrsgh turns to face Tghgrirs.

Anon shifts his eyes to Tghgrirs.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "'solor sir 'arlarr'p ra r'smriirralar 'no nrighsr nnrikrsr 'ght."
The skinny shiny one claims a place is close.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "G'bruk ot og 'wr 'r'r'ghr'w sri tri sprraghr'pr!"
Perhaps it is where we go to G'Bruk!

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Mriirgh tar' r'ro, mrirgh r'wolarlorof sru t'lur."
Let us follow him, or eat him.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh's stomach growls loudly.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh licks his chops with a huge slab of a tongue.

You quietly whisper to Anon, "The sooner they take care of their business, the sooner they will leave."

Anon whispers, "agreed, that was my intent."

Ghsramrrasmrsgh stares at you intensely.

Rosman exclaims, "Well don't look at me!"

Ghsramrrasmrsgh glances at Tghgrirs.

Rosman says, "I'm not for eating."

Rosman mutters under his breath.

Anon slowly says, "Lead on, if I were you."

Anon nods to you.

Grinash growls, "'nartsird tr'roghs ar r'rof, n'ght mri'ght wrolarlurof r'sghu t'lur."
Let us follow them then, for a short distance.

You harshly say, "N'ght, 'mor wolorlorof."
Follow me, then.

Grinash growls, "R'prar'rt ar ton r'sir tri targht larruf'r'rar 'br"
Be careful that it is not a trap.

Tghgrirs growls, "No dra'lar ot mrirgh lurlar't"
Tell him to lead on.

You say, "Follow me, those who want to go."

You say, "We're headed to the raptors and leopards area."


Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Krarns 'lorttrilur, dar'lur."
Lead, little snack.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh nods to you.

<< Moving toward the waterfall in raptors/leopards area. Lots of our group moving, their group following, until... >>

[Sylvarraend Road]
Fields of what appears to be wheat flank either side of the roadway. Golden stalks sway slowly in the breeze providing a mesmerizing effect. Each field is bordered by a dirt track that leads off into the distance, perhaps to some distant farm.
Also here: Grinash, Ghsramrrasmrsgh, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: east, west
Anon, Rosman, Tishala and Linor followed.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls ferociously at Anon!

Tghgrirs stoops and picks up a handful of soil, sniffing it.

Tishala babbles something unintelligible.

Linor examines Ghsramrrasmrsgh closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh watches Tghgrirs intently.

Anon slowly asks, "r'won traghr'w?"
What now?

Tghgrirs stares at the sky though sightless eyes and then lets the soil sift through his fingers.

You say, "Water or not, their Pathfinder is their ultimate leader."

Ghsramrrasmrsgh turns away from Anon, ignoring him.

Anon nods to Ghsramrrasmrsgh.

Anon stares darkly at Ghsramrrasmrsgh then sticks his nose up and turns his head away from him with a snap.

Tghgrirs growls, "'rilor 'ght mri'ght lorlor't."
Tell them they lie.

Tghgrirs growls, "Arwr 'ght ton sri srirght."
This is not the way.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh stands in front of you.

Anon slowly says, "This is not the way."

You harshly say, "R'trar'w ot dar'lor ot lurno, 'r'vird ot tn'tnri mr ton srawr tir."
It was not my intent to deceive, only to lead to water.

Tghgrirs growls, "G'bruk mriorf r'ghtrruf grnirvromr 'r'rra 'w."
We are moving further from G'Bruk.

You act puzzled.

Anon slowly says, "To the place where waters flow, mountain, and trees meet."

Ghsramrrasmrsgh looms over you, opens his mouth and snarls, spewing a torrent of foul-smelling air down onto your head.

Tishala gulps.

You say, "Apparently this isn't the way they seek."

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Rawr 'ght ton r'sri r'sright."
This is not the way.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls deeply, "Won mririgh tra' ir od?"
Do I eat him now?

Ghsramrrasmrsgh glances at Tghgrirs.

Tishala says, "They just are anxious I think."

You stare at Ghsramrrasmrsgh.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh's shoulders slump in disappointment.

Anon slowly says, "No No, Cappurnicus."

Tghgrirs growls, "Ogr 'wr 'r'ghw srir arr'w traght."
That way is where we go.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh throws back his head and lets out a huge, deafening roar that leaves the air and the wheatstalks trembling for seconds after.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Tghgrrisr, n'ght ,tsr'w! G'bruk rof ,r'wolarlarof 'wr."
We follow, for G'Bruk. West, then, Tghgrirs!

Tghgrirs's group just went west.

Linor says, "follow those trolls"

Linor nods to you.

<< Finally... >>

[Whistler's Pass, Meadow]
Tall, ancient trees give way to younger, shorter ones as the forest thins out. At the dark wood's edge a meadow fans out under the hovering mist. You also see a jungle troll chieftain, a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword and a grassy trail.
Also here: Grinash, Ghsramrrasmrsgh, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: west, northeast
Anon, Rosman, Tishala and Linor followed.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls softly, "...r'vrilorra r'tt'br ghuo r'vsr ri r'vrrilor'br ri..." as he stalks along, each footfall shaking the ground slightly.
...I believe I serve you better alive...

Tghgrirs's group just went southeast.

<< Following. >>
[Whistler's Pass, Marsh]
The soggy grass and earth sink underfoot as you pass through, dark water rushing into the new footprints. A snake slithers through some of the tall grass. You also see a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword, a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword and a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword.
Also here: Grinash, Ghsramrrasmrsgh, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: east, northwest
Anon, Rosman, Tishala and Linor followed.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Ghur'rirrmrrirmr rolorirrttrolur r'snarrkrsr grttirr'rngr rarwrarr. "
little snacks getting away.

[Whistler's Pass, Marsh]
The soggy grass and earth sink underfoot as you pass through, dark water rushing into the new footprints. A snake slithers through some of the tall grass. You also see a hill troll, a jungle troll chieftain that appears rather calm, the sparkling Tishala disk, a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword, a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword and a vine-wrapped rusting bastard sword.
Also here: Linor, Tishala, Lord Rosman, Lord Anon, Ghsramrrasmrsgh
Obvious paths: east, northwest
<< Starting to lose them. >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh shifts his weight.

Anon squints.
You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh stares at Anon.

Anon stares at Ghsramrrasmrsgh.

Rosman asks, "Er, what happened to those other two?"

Ghsramrrasmrsgh just went northwest.

<< Attempted to follow again, but there was no trace of any of the three. >>

Troll Sacrifices

Before the Dwarven Guard arrived to assist with the Trolls, some of us wandered around to see if we could find a way around the barricade that they had erected around the Seethe Naedal. We noticed that the Pathfinder and a couple of Troll fighters were behind there when located, so we were poking around when...

[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
Situated a short distance off the path is an enormous pile of stone chips. Tall grasses have pushed their way up from pockets of soil in the pile. Moonlight illuminates a range of rocky crags above. You also see a fan-tailed leaf hawk that is flying around, a massive wooden barricade blocking the trail and a well-worn trail.
Also here: Maliku
Obvious paths: southeast, up

You think to yourself, "Devon, seek out Tghgrirs."
You focus your desires and express them outward to your companion, passing your impressions of Tghgrirs and the feeling of need to locate him. You feel the awareness of your companion's senses open outward and a sense of satisfaction filters back to you.
You nod to the fan-tailed leaf hawk.

A fan-tailed leaf hawk swiftly flies off.
You point at a massive wooden barricade blocking the trail.

You sense that your companion has tracked Tghgrirs down in or around Seethe Naedal.

You think to yourself, "Come to me, Devon."
Your desire to see your companion again attracts his attention and you feel him start to race to meet you.

Maliku rubs his chin thoughtfully.

>se
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
Passing through a dense copse of trees, the path continues its journey along the mountainside. The trees' branches greedily invade the space of their neighbors, dueling for precious space. An owl hoots softly in the distance while a stream flows through the copse. The stream spills over a rocky outcropping before rushing under a hollow log.
Also here: High Lady Berylla, Assclepius
Obvious paths: east, northwest
Maliku followed.

A fan-tailed leaf hawk glides into view.

>e
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
The gravel covered path veers to the west to avoid a cluster of trees. Tall grasses surround a fallen tree, a charred victim of a lightning strike. Nearby, a pebble-lined stream crosses the path then continues to wind its way through the tall grass like a snake. Reflected in the stream is the wavery image of a moon above. Centered in the stream is a stepping stone aligned with the path. You also see a golden brown jaguar and a forest mastiff.
Also here: Drakam, Ironblue
Obvious paths: west, down
Maliku followed.

>dow
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
A jumble of oddly-shaped rocks litter the path. Some of the stones appear to have been worked by tools, but abandoned before finished. Patches of lichen have taken over some of the stones while others are strangely bare. A stream parallels the path before flowing off an overhang of rock to the west. Moonlight glints off the stream as it tumbles into the darkness below.
Obvious paths: southeast, up
Maliku followed.

A fan-tailed leaf hawk glides into view.

>se
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
Several boulders cast their moonlit shadows across the dark grass that blankets the plateau. The path winds its way in between the larger rocks while dark stones create a hazard to progress along the path. A pine tree towers over the path, its branches swaying in the night breeze.
Obvious paths: south, northwest
Maliku followed.

You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Whispering Willow spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You suddenly hear the voices of nature fill your mind.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
A fan-tailed leaf hawk glides into view.

You quietly whisper to Tghgrirs, "'moro r'sargh 'morirt 'ght or's..."
<< (So the time has come...) >>

Suddenly, a group of trolls ambushes you out of nowhere! They bind your ankles and wrists with strong twine and haul you off...

[Seethe Naedal, Hot Springs]
Moonlight flows through the branches of the pines trees that surround the springs while short bushes fill the spaces between the pine. Dark green grass creates a ring of dark carpet around the pool. A hollow log rests near a circle of flat stones that surrounds the hot springs. You also see some stone steps descending into the water and a well-worn trail.
Also here: Grinash, Ghsramrrasmrsgh, Tghgrirs
Obvious paths: none
The trolls drop you on the ground with a harsh *THUD!*

<< Well that answers that. >>

A fan-tailed leaf hawk glides into view.
>kne
You don't seem to be able to move to do that.

Tghgrirs raises his ceremonial dagger in triumph!

Ghsramrrasmrsgh throws back his head and roars gleefully. The fan-tailed leaf hawk flicks a wing and soars quickly out of range of the troll's grasp.
<< Hey now... no picking on the hawk! >>

Tghgrirs growls loudly, "Srnrig'br tri won dnra!"
<< (And now it begins!) >>

You harshly say, "'morrit sri tri n'ght."
<< (Then it is time.) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh leans down over you, foul odors reeking from every one of his pores, and inspects you carefully.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Kransr 'lurttirlor, 'mrrit ,s'."
<< (Yes, time, little snack.) >>

Tghgrirs growls, "'mrrit srir tir."
<< (It is time.) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "R'kransr ra nraght lorruf'srghu 'r'romri tghubr. Lorlar'w ghuo 'sru larlorirw 'wr!"
<< (We will use you well! But more useful than a snack.) >>

You harshly ask, "Nirr'k rghuo ot gnirrbr G'Bruk larlorirr'w targhr'w?"
<< (What will G'Bruk bring to your kin?) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh roars hugely with laughter.

You hear the faint thoughts of Galesmight touch your mind:
"You okay, how did you get in?"

You focus your mind on Galesmight and think:
"They have captured me."
Roundtime 5 seconds.

You focus your mind on Galesmight and think:
"Their ceremonies will begin soon... I do not see myself coming out of it alive."
Roundtime 5 seconds.

You hear the faint thoughts of Galesmight touch your mind:
"We will try to get in!"

Tghgrirs gazes up into the sky.
Ghsramrrasmrsgh picks at your hair with two long, ugly claws, snickering loudly.
Ghsramrrasmrsgh glances at Tghgrirs.

You harshly say, "Tsrarlur lurlorirwr srghuo fo r'r'irrrarbr targht grnolor r'wogh wonr'k ton od ir."
<< (I do not know how long that barrier of yours will last.) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh gazes up into the sky.

Tghgrirs slowly raises a ceremonial dagger above his head, the hilt pointing toward the comet above.

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "Ghgrghuon' gnolor!"
<< (Long enough!) >>

Tghgrirs growls, "Luriror's 'ght ot 'frilor 'vrirg 'irfrir'rras r'sirght fo doolarbr 'ght lorlurraghsr or's, r'slorluror'rt ot 'frilor s'r'virgr traghr'w r'sir doolorbr targht ghrur's."
<< (Such that blood is what gives life to trolls, so shall the blood of this sacrifice give life to the soil.) >>

You harshly say, "Or's srr'praghr'pr."
<< (Perhaps so.) >>

You harshly ask, "N'srogh ri r'sarw ghr'w?"
<< (Why was I chosen?) >>

Tghgrirs growls, "Tir gnridf dnra tir gnrighsrir'rruon, loriror's 'ght otnir r'tarwr 'ght mriorf dnar r'trar'w 'ght otnir wolurf doolarbr 'ght t'lar."
<< (Let the blood flow into the water and from the water into the soil, nourishing it and feeding it.) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh raises his voice in a loud howl as he stares fanatically at Tghgrirs.

Tghgrirs growls, "'br lorlararghsr tir or's dnar dlorot nbr srragh tri or's."
<< (So it has been told and so it shall be.) >>

You harshly ask, "Ghuo ot ghrumri os nra'mr do'olorbr mor r's'od ghw?"
<< (Why does my blood mean so much to you?) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "Larriosr 'ght rof doolarbr! R'r'tarwr 'ght r'rof doolorbr!"
<< (Blood for the water! Blood for the soil!) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "'br lurlurarghsr tir or's dnra dlurot nbr srargh tir osr!"
<< (So it has been told and so it shall be!) >>

Tghgrirs draws his blade across your throat! You see blood spurt, then nothing.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"It is too late."

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

Ghsramrrasmrsgh lets out a mighty howl, and the fan-tailed leaf hawk swerves away in alarm.
<< Pfft... ACT abuse... >>

Tghgrirs throws his head back and howls!
Ghsramrrasmrsgh throws his head back and howls!
Ghsramrrasmrsgh laughs uproariously at the hawk, and then raises his voice in another wild howl.

You think to yourself, "Get away from here, Devon..."

Ghsramrrasmrsgh runs a finger through the blood oozing from your neck, then raises it to his mouth and licks it off his finger with a slablike tongue.

You harshly say, "Snrur'r do'olarbr 'ght or's dnra..."
<< (And so the blood runs...) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Doolarbr 'ght d'tr'sart 'r'vragh ri. Larrior's 'ght otnir nghur tri ns 'r'vargh ri."
<< (I have seen it run into the soil. I have tasted the blood.) >>

Tghgrirs growls loudly, "Ghtrar' 'ght df dnra sr'r'trar'w 'ght lorlurrif ot doolorbr 'romr dn 'w!"
<< (We need more blood to fill the waters and feed the earth!) >>

You harshly ask, "...D'ghsrrilorprmroar ghuo 'r'vargh targhw dnar?"
<< (And what have you accomplished?) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "Doolarbr 'r'romr 'br 'r'r'ght t'lor n'ght!"
<< (Then let there be more blood!) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "Ruo ot tri gnirr'rbr larlorarghs s'rimrr'rar lorlorort 'ght!"
<< (The troll armies shall bring it to you!) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls loudly, "Ruo ot tir grnirrbr lorlararghsr ir!"
<< (I shall bring it to you!) >>

Tghgrirs growls, "D'f 'br tsghumor ghtr'rra' 'ght"
<< (The earth must be fed.) >>

Tghgrirs raises his ceremonial dagger in triumph!

You harshly ask, "Arlors ot srr'ghto kr's ghuo?"
<< (You seek others to slay?) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh picks up your body by the right foot and hauls it into the air, leaving your lifeless head to bump against the ground.
<< Ouch... at least I'm already dead... >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Doolorbr 'r'romor 'br tr'sghumr 'r'r'ght trubr, doolarbr s'no sirght n'krart 'vrargh 'r'w."
<< (We have taken this ones blood, but there must be more blood.) >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh growls, "Doolorbr 'ght larghuof ton larlorirr'w tri traght, tghgirsr ,ruo rof 'grabrrragr r'sright fo drir t'g lurlarraghsr ir."
<< (I shall get rid of this garbage for you, Tghgrirs, that it will not foul the blood.) >>

You harshly ask, "Ghsrrilurr'pmroar tri lurlurriw traghw dnar?"
<< (And what will it accomplish?) >>
<< Referring to my previous comment. >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh bounces your lifeless head once or twice on the ground.
<< Double ouch. >>

You harshly say, "Do'olorbr nr'wo mr lorruof ton lorlarirw ri..."
<< (I will not foul my own blood...) >>

You harshly say, "'mrio lorlurriw sr'r'ghto."
<< (Others will come.) >>

You harshly say, "'grra d'dralarbr 'ght nri r'pk ghuo 'no 'ght r'ks larlurirr'w 'ght."
<< (They will seek the one you keep in the bladed cage.) >>
<< Eregrek was locateable for a while, shown sometimes in a cage made of mithril blades, at others with Grinash standing over him in a pool of blood. >>

Ghsramrrasmrsgh bounces your corpse once or twice more, as if testing the weight, and then lets out a huge roar!

Ghsramrrasmrsgh suddenly whirls your lifeless body high over his head and flings you! Your corpse sails through the air...
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
Situated a short distance off the path is an enormous pile of stone chips. Tall grasses have pushed their way up from pockets of soil in the pile. Moonlight illuminates a range of rocky crags above. You also see a thunder troll that appears stunned, a forest troll that appears dead, a red fox, a forest mastiff, a large frog, a golden brown jaguar, a massive wooden barricade blocking the trail and a well-worn trail.
Also here: Drezdon, Sabreo, Zynaferus, Mormung, Maliku, Captain Khazgud, Pickax, Sente, Trachten, Hibur, Dinown who is lying down, Thaxius, Rocshora, Drinin, Dundtor, Alisin, Karzak, Suntzhu, High Lord Calean, Ironblue, Rennoc, Perigourd, Drakam who is lying down, Lady Caladrial, Lord Galesmight
Obvious paths: southeast, up

A fan-tailed leaf hawk glides into view.

Your corpse strikes the ground with an unpleasant *splat* sound.
<< How ceremonious. >>