Landing Meetings - 5120-05-03 (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Olaesta 3, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier

[note: out of sheer necessity, these logs are a more "quick and dirty" edit compared to the more full-fledged KST logs]


Highlights

(Hapenlok frantically searches his vest and jacket.)
Hapenlok mutters, "Balls."
Hapenlok says, "No matches."
Speaking incredulously to Hapenlok, Raelee asks, "You require a match to light a pyre?"
Speaking to Raelee, Hapenlok repeats, "No magic."
Speaking to Raelee, Hapenlok says, "Otherwise I would have done it already."
Leafiara coyly says, "For once, his goal isn't burning down everything in sight. Just the one corpse."
Shinann says, "They do not want them smarter than maybe a troll king..."
Speaking to Shinann, Soliere says, "Is why there ne'er any troll queens."
Hapenlok asks, "Any final words for someone we don't know? And probably didn't trust as far as we could fling him?"
Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "But just remember, you go back this time...both your minds may break."
Shinann says, "I did not want to argue."
Shinann says, "Well, even if they do, it is my choice."
Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Then ...fine."
Shinann says, "Trying to get a dig in at me using Reannah did not go unnoticed."
Shinann just went north.
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "So, you know. I may have given her a weapon to defend herself with."
Hapenlok says, "A boost to her will."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Will counts for a lot up there."
Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Dont quit yer day job."
Hapenlok says, "If she can, to spite me, she'll make it through."
Hapenlok says, "Hate works."


Log

[Krythussa's Confectionary Shop]

A barrage of sweet-smelling chocolate, candy, and other goodies assaults the senses as their scents fill the air of the quaint but simple confectionary. Crystal shelves stacked with glass jars in a variety of shapes and colors line the walls. The pale light of the moon, accompanied by several multicolored handblown globed lanterns, creates a dazzling array of colors across the floor. A glass counter stands to the left of a small alcove.

Also here: Sir Cryheart

Speaking amiably to Cryheart, you exclaim, "Good eve Sir!"

Cryheart shows you a spiral of candied orange peel, which he is holding in his right hand. You see nothing unusual.

Cryheart says, "Thought I wold try this."

You exclaim, "Have to support our local businesses!"

Cryheart says, "Good evening, Mayor."

You say, "Scheduling might be a little rough this week--I know many are still out on the ki-lin hunt, and Ord an Dragan has its monthly meeting going on too."

You exclaim, "But maybe they'll come in later!"

Cryheart: "Town meeting at the Confectionary Shop in a few minutes."

You: "And we'll be here for an hour! I know at least two organizations might still be out there concluding your own events."

You muse, "I wonder what people will want to discuss tonight. I'm usually surprised every time."

Cryheart says, "Perhaps the visit from Vlashandra."

Cryheart says, "And the abominations."

You say, "I'm hoping that someone can be here who was at Lady Rohese's commune that I heard about..."

Cryheart asks, "Oh?"

Cryheart says, "That should be interesting."

You say, "They were looking to discover the truth about the demise of Socius from Mist Harbor, who Faerinn thought might have been behind the assassinations of the candidates."

You admit, "I couldn't be there at that time, though, so I'm wondering what they found out."

Cryheart says, "Stone perhaps."

Zaxx says, "A friend of mine was there."

You add, "Or who they communed with, for that matter."

Speaking curiously to Zaxx, you ask, "Oh?"

You say, "I would guess Jastev, but..."

Zaxx says, "He said it was fun."

Speaking curiously to Zaxx, you ask, "What have you heard?"

Zaxx says, "He'd met many old friends from the Before Time."

Speaking relievedly to Zaxx, you say, "Well, that's good. Every time I've ever suggested a commune in the Landing, everyone immediately says not to do it because we might get the wrong Arkati."

You amiably exclaim, "Ah, welcome one and all!"

Roelon deeply says, "Evenin'."

You suddenly say, "Oh, I suppose we're past our starting time, after all, so we can get on with it."

You say, "Refreshments are available either on the cart or ordered from this fine shop."

You recite:

"So, welcome to our weekly town meeting! As always, these are about taking your questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, and other feedback about the Landing"

Zaxx says, "Wine and cheese is a great combination."

You recite:

"Whatever you'd like to discuss is what we'll discuss--no particular agenda here."

You recite:

"Or if you'd just like to know what's been happening recently and are out of the loop, we can do that too."

Roelon deeply says, "Many loops around dese parts lately."

You say, "Potentially we could even talk about what's *going* to be happening, or at least what we think will."

You declare, "And with that, the floor is open!"

Soliere raises her hand.

You mention, "Oh, and for the latecomers... Ord an Dragan is still wrapping up its monthly meeting, and I believe the Faendryl Enclave might not be done with its ki-lin hunt, so... we might have stragglers."

Speaking curiously to Soliere, you ask, "Yes?"

Soliere says, "Oof don't tell me I fergot th'Dragan meetin again.. but besides that one."

Soliere asks, "I noticed some kobgoblins in a vision th'other evenin.. we was jus' discussion' odd creatures.. do tell what ya knows?"

Speaking to Soliere, you exclaim, "Ahh, perfect... recent events to discuss!"

Cryheart says, "An abomination."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "What Sir Cryheart said is the short story, but as for the long one..."

Roelon deeply asks, "The Fingers? ..ah mean the Fist aye?"

You say, "Two afternoons ago, a very, very scared man came to us, warning of an attack he thought was coming. He was a mecenary and said he'd deserted his army after he found out there were strange patchwork monsters in it."

Zaxx says, "A friend said that he had a Krolvin Abomination rip his had off."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "Then later that night, the attack did come."

You say, "Along with the mercenaries and monsters, they also have what are called the 'reapers'..."

You say, "Swarming grey squirrel-like creatures that chew off limbs and carry them back."

Cryheart says, "Grey-orc raiders."

Speaking deeply to Soliere, Roelon says, "Nasty little things."

Cryheart says, "Giants."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "They were here to harvest from us."

Zaxx says, "It didn't seem near as bad as the Grimswarm invasions of a few years ago, though."

Cryheart says, "And that they did."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "And the kobgoblins you saw were part of their army of oddities."

Soliere says, "Takin our parts an' makin mer army."

Roelon deeply says, "Flesh, bone, blood."

You say, "There were also four-armed giants, two-headed orcs, trollvin beasts... well, it was quite a night."

Faerinn asks, "Were the other mercenaries in the Fist's army anything special?"

Speaking to Faerinn, you note, "You know, it's curious to me... the deserter said he ran because the monsters scared him, but most of the mercenaries seemed tougher than most of the monsters."

You say, "They weren't anything all that special, compared to ordinary bandits, but..."

Faerinn asks, "Right, Narum, his name was, right?"

You say, "Neither were the monsters, really, other than those giants."

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Yes, and now--no further sign of him, unless someone else has heard more than me."

You dubiously say, "Raises even more questions about if he was a spy or what."

Cryheart says, "I suspect he was a scout."

Speaking deeply to you, Roelon asks, "Never did show up after it ended eh?"

Cryheart says, "Or..they found him in the Inn."

Faerinn says, "He was neither."

You say, "At least not that I've heard of."

Roelon deeply says, "Unless they killed 'im."

Speaking to you, Soliere asks, "Jus' downright unnatural, that be scary enuff tho aye?"

Faerinn says, "I've met with him since."

You say, "Yes, they might have found and killed him, that's very possible."

Speaking curiously to Faerinn, you ask, "Oh?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Asben asks, "So who was he then?"

Roelon deeply asks, "Friend, foe, innocent bystander?"

You curiously ask, "And has he left the area for his own safety?"

Faerinn says, "I needed ether to numb my nostrils to get close enough to him, he smelled so bad."

Cryheart asks, "Perhaps he was an abomination?"

You tentatively inquire, "Did he, uh, make a mess of his pants out of fear?"

You mutter, "Not sure I even want to know."

Faerinn says, "No, that's just how long he's been lying dead in the road."

Cryheart says, "Ahhh."

Speaking musingly to Faerinn, you say, "Oh."

You curiously ask, "Is he out near the abandoned inn?"

Cryheart says, "So they found him."

Faerinn says, "One slash across the throat. Nearly took his head off."

Asben asks, "Any limbs missing?"

Faerinn says, "Right arm and left leg taken."

Roelon deeply says, "As ah thought. Those types don't like loose rongues."

You say, "Mmm, shame. He really shouldn't have left the safety of the inn."

Roelon deeply says, "Tongues rather."

Faerinn says, "One while he was still alive."

Faerinn says, "Bite marks all over him."

You say, "Well... only so much we can mourn. It's not like we had things much easier inside town with the citizens."

You muse, "And now no way to get more info from him."

Speaking to Faerinn, Asben asks, "Did you find anything on his person?"

You say, "Oh, speaking of info..."

Speaking to Faerinn, you ask, "You were also the one who told me about the commune to discover the truth of Socius... were you able to attend that?"

Faerinn says, "Some of it has happened over time by predatory animals. Most of it happened by time of death."

Faerinn says, "I can get to that in a moment. I don't think he left the Inn."

Cryheart says, "Evening Elbromo."

Speaking curiously to Faerinn, you ask, "Hmm, so they located him and took him out then?"

Faerinn says, "Unless someone has moved the body yet, I'm pretty sure it's still there."

Elbromo says, "Evenin sorry to be late."

You say, "I suppose we'll take a look after this."

Asben says, "Perhaps we should take a field trip."

Asben asks, "Is this where we join Cryheart?"

Faerinn says, "On Socius. The commune got a reaction without killing us all."

Cryheart says, "The mayor can lead."

Speaking amusedly to Asben, you say, "That'll be at the end."

Faerinn says, "So already a win, in my book."

Cryheart asks, "Aye?"

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "That's what I hear too, every time I've ever proposed a commune. Too risky."

Cryheart asks, "What kind of reaction?"

You affably say, "So that's good at least."

Faerinn says, "A series of visions. That are very subjective."

Cryheart asks, "Aye?"

You knowingly say, "They always are."

Zaxx says, "Not dying is good."

Faerinn says, "A long, long road towards a destination."

Faerinn says, "A songbird in search of something."

Faerinn says, "Twice the rings of Lumnis appeared before us."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Faerinn says, "Right before the black ring, the chaos one exploded."

You ask, "Was it a commune with Lumnis, or another Arkati?"

Faerinn says, "Lumnis was the one beseeched, yeah."

Faerinn says, "It's thought this might mean outside forces were interferring."

Faerinn says, "But again. Commune, it's all obtuse and subjective."

You acknowledge, "All very true."

Soliere says, "She hard ta interpret at times... unlikely ta lead ya by th'hand, least far as i remebers from me own communes wi'her."

You say, "So still no certainty over Socius, nor anything close."

Faerinn says, "It's thought his body is dead, but his spirit is not beyond the gates yet."

You mention, "Oh, yes, for those who don't know--Soliere here is a devotee of Lumnis and of Fash'lo'nae."

Roelon deeply asks, "So..in ah sense 'e could use ah new body...?"

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "Not such a smart one but aye."

Faerinn says, "Like he either needs to do something before he can pass. Maybe like he's being compelled."

Faerinn says, "I don't know. It just proves something weird is going on, but not anything related."

Speaking to Faerinn, you muse, "Fascinating... and not unheard of. Excellent information, even acknowledging that it's part speculation and interpretation from others."

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Thank you much. It's still valuable information."

Faerinn says, "Welcome."

You thoughtfully say, "Hm, and still no telling whether Socius' body was working with the Fist's army or not."

You admit, "Would be a bit of a remarkable coincidence to have two separate limb-stealing parties, but..."

You mutter, "Never really know."

Faerinn says, "No, as far as we can tell his body is still in the ground."

Faerinn says, "An actual exhumation hasn't been approved yet."

Speaking curiously to Faerinn, you ask, "Oh, then what was it that attacked us? A shade?"

Roelon deeply says, "Then perhaps an unapproved one is needed."

You say, "Whatever it was, it at least had--enough of a body to wear clothes, if I rermember."

You muse, "Unless that was just an image it was projecting."

Roelon deeply says, "Sometimes ye just hae to take it into yir own hands, paperwork and such take too long."

Cryheart says, "Desecration of a grave, cannae be taken lightly."

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "Perhaps. The visions could suggest he's left his body, but not this world."

You say, "I mean, on one hand yes, but on the other hand we *did* just dig up Walkar's grave last year..."

You nod at Cryheart.

Roelon deeply asks, "Ah assume that did nae end well?"

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "...well, it depends. We got the information we were after, so in that sense it ended well."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "And that was, that his bones were indeed missing from the grave."

Zaxx softly asks, "May one peer into the ground, where his body supposedly lies?"

Roelon deeply says, "Hmmm."

Speaking wryly to Roelon, you say, "So in that sense maybe *not* so well."

Faerinn says, "I was hoping to find an intact version of the Fist's brand on one of the bodies."

Faerinn says, "You know, since they supposedly protect them from the golems."

Faerinn says, "But the reapers come through and reclaim all the branded limbs."

Faerinn says, "Including Narum's."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Very interesting observation."

You say, "I couldn't see the brands on the mercenaries we fought either, but of course it was late and in the chaos of battle it's hard to see..."

You say, "Maybe it was all a lie, or even partly one."

You speculate, "They might not be branded, or the branding might not offer protection... the army could just be under magical control."

Faerinn says, "Thought maybe someone who actually knew how magic worked would turn that smae magic into something that protected the town, but..."

Speaking to you, Zaxx softly says, "It's always hard to see everything, in those situations."

(Faerinn makes a poof gesture with his hands.)

Roelon deeply says, "Magic, ah scent, something only those golems can observe. Could be anything."

Speaking to Zaxx, you say, "And they'll probably be back, too... well, we'll deal it with it happens, I suppose."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "What worried me was how few'a our folks died. That invasion was weakest I heard'a in years."

Faerinn says, "They did get their target so they might be done."

Speaking to Soliere, you agree, "Oh, I'm with you. It wasn't the most threatening force."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah recall, ah 2.5 out of ah 10 ."

Roelon deeply says, "Dinnae want to see ah 10."

You say, "Almost all adventurer deaths were from the giants reflecting our own magic."

Zaxx softly says, "Well, if anyone was around during the Grimswarm Invasions, at least we have experience."

Roelon deeply says, "True."

Asben says, "A bunch of us died in the first wave but after that it wasn't bad."

Cryheart says, "Ye dinnae stand in front of a grey orc raider then, who pointed a claw at me..and I got imploded."

(Roelon rubs his chest where the magic had blown a hole through it.)

Zaxx softly says, "Many of us are older and more powerful now, too."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "The 10 would be when we have vathors, antimagic gas spewing through town, attacks by sea and land and underground, someone finding a supply of Rook orbs to blow us up, that sort of thing."

Speaking to Soliere, Faerinn says, "The damage to non adventurers was bad though. Reapers could slip past almost anything and swarm folks."

Cryheart says, "Demons are the worse."

Roelon deeply says, "And ah thought the Vruul wwere bad way back when."

Speaking to Roelon, you continue, "Oh, and when darkness magic is unleashed and we can't see a thing of where we're going..."

Cryheart says, "Or when a demon possesses ye."

Faerinn says, "Keep in mind that was collect a deserter numbers."

Zaxx softly says, "In those situatons, I just Implode everything."

Speaking to Zaxx, you remind, "Not in the antimagic one."

Zaxx softly says, "Hmmm..."

Lehon says, "Just a nasty battle."

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "I do hope you're right and they could be done now that they've gotten what they came for, but I suppose we'll see."

Speaking to Faerinn, Soliere says, "Aye I worry that they comin back fer more flesh tho."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Speaking deeply to you, Roelon says, "This brings me to the other concern. That white flame woman and her task she wants help with."

Faerinn says, "They got a lot of that too."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah assumin' crossin' over to wherever that place is, can be just as bad."

Cryheart says, "To rescue the Palestra."

Speaking to Roelon, you ask, "From what I heard, you and I seemed to be on the same page last night, right?"

Cryheart says, "The shadow realm."

Roelon deeply asks, "And this Faendryl blade?"

Speaking to Roelon, you ask, "That it's dangerous, but also that since people are going to do it anyway, we're better off aiding to make it as smooth as possible?"

You conclude, "Because I'd much rather we be the ones helping Vlashandra than have the Hall do it."

Roelon deeply asks, "Is there ah way to make sure nothin' escape out as we go in?"

You add, "Especially not Octaven."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah don' trust the hall at all. That is for sure."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "Well, she said she doesn't know if we even have to go in, which is interesting."

Faerinn says, "That expedition will be in the Southron Wastes so less likely to come back here."

You say, "I assume we will indeed have to go in, personally."

Faerinn says, "And outside of the Hall's purview."

You say, "Right, which is why she was saying there might even be a trial for her for attempting this."

Speaking deeply to you, Roelon says, "Ah tihink that will be the case too."

You say, "This is... a bit of unauthorized activity for her, it seems."

You say, "I kind of wish Hap were here right now, since he was one of the only opposing voices last night."

You say, "And I think the only one of the opposed who's actually been to the shadow valence before."

Roelon deeply says, "Aye, he has seen whats over there."

Speaking to you, Soliere asks, "Can ya recap what his view was?"

You say, "But I'm sure he'll tell us his concerns in detail constantly."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "I've seen it too, briefly, but he's been more times than me, and for longer."

You say, "Cryheart's also seen it. Maybe others here too."

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "Oh did he oppose? I knew he was approaching some kind of point, but there was a lot of backstory to it."

Cryheart says, "Nae, I stayed to defend the Landing."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "Well, it was more of a vague... he had more of a vague sense that something would go wrong by opening up the valence. And he doesn't think Aralyte's still alive or herself."

Cryheart says, "I was more concerned of anything escaping the valence."

Speaking to Cryheart, you suddenly ask, "Oh, that's right. Was that every time there was a trip, though?"

Cryheart nods to you.

You muse, "Hmm. So am I the only one here who's been, then? And I was only there for about ten minutes."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Wot me miss?"

Faerinn asks, "Did they ever find a Ki-lin?"

Cryheart says, "I had Althedeus speak to me when I was crossing the ferry to Zul."

You say, "I came back to town that night, in 5117, since there was trouble in the tunnels beneath town."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "Ne'er seen Shadow Valence meself.. I was pulled to a dark place once while chasin' down Terate after a Lumnis commune but it was not a place I had a name fer, an' I doubt it's related."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Beats me, me ditched em."

Cryheart says, "I saw a vision of dead in the river."

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "And yes, Hapenlok just seems to think generally that something will go wrong."

You say, "Of course, he always thinks that no matter the situation.."

You say, "But to be fair, he seemed more concerned about this one than usual."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Life lika halfalin, to short to werry bouts."

You admit, "He wasn't very forthcoming with his worries, even when he was whispering to me. I'm not sure exactly what he envisions."

You say, "That was kind of why I said what I said at the end of the night, being surprised no one had mentioned Grishom."

You say, "With Hap, so many of his concerns are about Stone that I thought he might have some theory or idea, but..."

Asben says, "I think something will go wrong too. I don't have anything to support my theory though."

Cryheart says, "I think folks are jittery when it comes to Stone."

Asben says, "I'll still probably tag along."

You say, "I was just wondering if he thought there was a connection between the shadow valence and Stone."

You say, "I don't see any, but never know what people theorize."

Roelon deeply asks, "What's this Faendryl blade ah heard mentioned? Something worth going back into this shadowy realm for?"

Speaking to Roelon, Asben says, "I believe it's a person."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "Her name is Aralyte and she was decisive in getting the Landing the victory against Althedeus years ago."

Cryheart says, "I do believe she stayed behind until the portal was closed."

Speaking to Roelon, Faerinn says, "Someone."

Cryheart says, "She sacrificed herself I heard."

You say, "Althedeus being an... incredibly powerful being of darkness, or something to that effect."

You admit, "That was before I moved here, so I'm not perfectly clear on the details."

You say, "But the impression I got was that he was one of the most powerful foes the Landing has ever faced, with potential to threaten the world."

You say, "If left unchecked."

You say, "I'm not even sure he was a physical being--might have been pure magic or essence. But someone who's lived here longer will have to confirm that one."

Cryheart says, "Althedeus was the dark force behind Stone I do recall."

You ask, "I thought behind Cross?"

You say, "I don't really remember, though."

Zaxx softly says, "I don't think it's possible to threaten the entire world. Merely pieces of it."

Cryheart says, "Both."

The voice of Raelee says, "... it is quite possible to threaten the entire world."

Raelee suddenly fades into view.

You amiably say, "Ah, Magister."

Cryheart says, "Hello Magister."

Zaxx softly says, "Well...l threaten..."

Faerinn says, "I was wondering when you would dramatically interrupt."

Raelee says, "And yes, Althedeus was thought to be behind both Stone and Cross at one point."

Roelon deeply says, "Aye."

Faerinn says, "I was hoping it was during my bit. Then I would know it was a good bit."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Does dis place have backroom stuff instock?"

Soliere offers Gutstorm a flagon of Dragonsdraught ale.

Speaking to Gutstorm, you say, "I believe the menu just is what it is, no backroom."

Gutstorm accepts Soliere's Dragonsdraught ale.

Speaking drunkenly to Soliere, Gutstorm exclaims, "Danks!"

You say, "This too is why I was curious no one brought up Grishom Stone..."

You say, "If Aralyte was so helpful against Althedeus, she could be a valuable ally against Stone too."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Me has hid minicher."

Roelon deeply says, "He should of been good and dead."

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Uh oh, hide, Razzy is comin!"

You say, "But no one even brought up the idea. I suppose we were just focused on doing the right thing regardless of if she could help."

Zaxx softly says, "It would be interestiong, indeed, to see someone invade Solhaven, Pinefar, and Teras Island simultaneously."

Roelon deeply says, "Hae to try to see all sides of dice."

Speaking curiously to Zaxx, you say, "That's easy enough even with a large enough mundane army, never mind when magic is invoked."

Speaking to Razanetika, Faerinn asks, "Did they catch a Ki-lin?"

Razanetika looks over at Faerinn and shakes her head.

Faerinn snaps his fingers.

Zaxx softly says, "The logistics would be mindnumbing."

Speaking curiously to Zaxx, you say, "That's what delegation and multiple commanders are for."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Kin i be a condammer?"

Raelee vaguely says, "If I were to threaten the entire world, I would not do it with armies."

Zaxx softly says, "Ah, but with the the power is decentralized."

You say, "Maybe if you apply to the militia and work your way up, Guts."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn asks, "What with?"

You guess, "Powerful magic?"

Zaxx softly says, "Let them invade the Shreuvian Monastery, or the Illoke Stronghold."

You curiously ask, "In any case, are there any other concerns about the expedition to the Wastes or the shadow valence?"

Raelee glances between Faerinn and yourself.

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "When we goin?"

Maags says, "Sorries late."

Speaking simply to you, Raelee states, "Yes."

Zaxx softly says, "*That* would be interesting. Grimswarm fighting against Illoke."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "When we goin?"

Speaking to Gutstorm, you say, "Hopefully we'll find out in a few days when Vlashandra's finished with her research. She said she'd come to meet us again."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Kin we inbite Goblyn to taglong? she owe me two pie."

Speaking to Gutstorm, you say, "But she said within a few weeks at most."

(Gutstorm holds up three fingers.)

Speaking thoughtfully to Gutstorm, you say, "You know, considering where we might be going, I'd bet Goblyn will invite herself."

Gutstorm attempts to feed a flagon of Dragonsdraught ale to a poofy piebald flop-eared kitten.

The flop-eared kitten deigns to lap at his Dragonsdraught ale.

Speaking drunkenly to a poofy piebald flop-eared kitten, Gutstorm says, "Me knowed yood like dis."

You say, "That covers the situations with Aralyte *and* the Fist, then..."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Maag, do yoo kitten fight?"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "We kin start unnergound pet fightin ring."

You inquire, "Is anything else on anyone's mind for discussion this eve?"

Asben asks, "Let's see this body..?"

Cryheart asks, "Oh..let's go see the body?"

You say, "Yes, if there's nothing else, let's go look into Narum's body."

You say, "One last call for questions before we go."

Faerinn says, "Yeah, it's right at the door of the Hanging Inn unless it's been moved."

Asben says, "This is where we all join Cryheart."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Who leadin? da mayer or da lost warrior?"

You roar, "Onward, then!"

Maags says, "Needs Pukk."

Soliere taps you lightly on the shoulder.

Cryheart asks, "All joined?"

Speaking to you, Soliere asks, "Any chance we can snag Hap from town?"

Speaking curiously to Soliere, you ask, "Yes?"

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "Oh, sure."

Speaking drunkenly to Cryheart, Gutstorm asks, "Swing by Elga's?"

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "He don't know we comin."

Cryheart asks, "Why?"

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Roelon says, "Ah should just carve he ah sign and slap it on ah chain. "Join Cryheart!."."

Cryheart says, "Ye dinnae need more to drink."

You say, "Hap's in the square if we want to get him."

Cryheart asks, "Coming Zaxx?"

Soliere says, "Cause Guts drenked me las' two sips'a ale.. but i can get dat laters."

You recite:

"Join up if you want to investigate Narum's body!"

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Who Narum?"

Cryheart says, "Leaving in three....."

Maags quickly prompts, "Threetwoone!"

Cryheart says, "Two......"

Razanetika softly says, "I was going to ask the same thing."

Cryheart says, "Moving out."

Speaking to Gutstorm, you say, "He was the one who warned us about the attack hours beore it happened."

Speaking drunkenly to Maags, Gutstorm says, "Me like da way you fink."

Soliere yells, "HAP!"

Asben asks, "Were'nt you supposed to grab Hap?"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Hap prolly gun be all crankypants."

Speaking to Asben, Soliere says, "No worries, him didn't come ta meetin no way."

[Upper Trollfang]

The narrow road ends here in the courtyard of a rambling structure that appears to be a prosperous inn. The thanot door keeps the guests safe from the dangers of weather and creature. The footprints that mark the dirt don't look like they were made by anyone you'd care to meet on a moonlit stroll, making the inn a welcome haven. You also see a dismembered corpse and a clump of bushes.

>look corp

What once remained of a fair-skinned male lies in an undignified heap to one side of the narrow road. The figure seems to be missing its right arm and left leg, and both wound sites are marked by dozens and dozens of bite marks. The figure's throat has been slit so forcefully that the only thing preventing the injury from being a decapitation is a thin flap of flesh at the back of the neck.

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Any yooz a bard?"

Speaking musingly to a dismembered corpse, you say, "Well then."

You curiously ask, "Does a loresong reveal anything more to him?"

Maags asks, "This is the soldier that warned us?"

Faerinn says, "No, not really." [regarding loresongs]

Speaking to Maags, you say, "Sure looks like him, at least."

Faerinn says, "He's been here a couple of days."

Hapenlok asks, "Happened right after he met with us, then?"

You say, "Must have been... since it was a couple nights ago."

Faerinn says, "Judging by the smell and the way all the blood had collected on the ground side of him."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "No kin be aminated."

Faerinn says, "He's on the other side of rigor mortis at this point."

Hapenlok says, "Well, this isn't a surprise."

Faerinn says, "Typically I would say the bite marks were from wondering animals since he's been here so long."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "I thought they might leave alone an inn full of ghosts with no bodies to harvest, but I guess even one was enough."

Speaking drunkenly to a flea-ridden sewer rat, Gutstorm says, "Git da kitty."

Faerinn says, "But I saw the reapers."

Hapenlok hesitantly says, "Has uh.....anyone tried singing to the corpse? Take a look into ..."

Speaking to Bronnwyn, Soliere says, "Join Cryheart Bronn."

Faerinn says, "The bigger bites happened right before he died and right after."

Hapenlok asks, "How he actually met his end?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Faerinn says, "I have."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Faerinn says, "Knife to the throat."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Faerinn says, "Small one, but a lot of force."

Cryheart: "We hae a corpse outside of the Hanging Inn...has a bard sung to it?"

Maags asks, "Thinks they took the limbs first?"

(Hapenlok studies the ground around the corpse.)

You say, "Two limbs taken... most of the time they've only been going after one, but--"

You say, "Well, as was said, it could partly be the wild animals getting to him."

Speaking pointedly to you, Hapenlok says, "No, I think they wanted to make a point."

Speaking to Maags, Faerinn says, "I think he was killed by one of the mercenaries while reapers were on him."

Roelon deeply says, "Sad to just leave 'is corpse here."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, you ask, "What point would be made better than the attack itself?"

Faerinn says, "So the arm while he was alive, and the leg shortly after."

Speaking to Faerinn, Maags says, "Hopes so."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Well, this is just a wild guess."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "The price you pay for betrayal. and even in death...you belong to us."

Hapenlok says, "So they collected everything."

Hapenlok says, "Like I said, a guess."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "Ahhh. A point made more to their own ranks than to us."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to enjoy meeting this leader."

Hapenlok says, "But I think a bardic type should excamine the corpse. If it hasn't been done already."

Arav asks, "Reapers?"

Hapenlok says, "Not really something I encourage, since that kind of thing can be really unpleasant."

Speaking to Arav, you explain, "This is... what's left of the man who warned us about the attack."

Cryheart says, "Narum it appears."

Speaking to you, Arav says, "Ah. The marks look like those reapers that attacked our guardsmen. Well, and some of us."

Speaking simply to Kippe, Raelee states, "The corpse."

Guarrin asks, "...and you were all just meandering past the hanging inn?"

Faerinn says, "Yeah, that's Narum."

Speaking to Guarrin, you say, "No... we came to investigate since Faerinn had noticed the body."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "Well, I spotted it."

Guarrin says, "Ah."

Speaking amusedly to a dismembered corpse, Guarrin says, "I wonder what could have done this."

Hapenlok says, "Well, before anyone says we should have allowed him into the walls..."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "Though he had already been here a day before I knew to come by and check on him."

Hapenlok says, "This probably would have happened either way."

Arav says, "This was fresh, I assume. Days later."

You affirm, "Inside the walls was just as dangerous, yeah. Maybe even moreso."

Hapenlok says, "So, let's move along from that nonsense."

Arav says, "It's the slit throat that worries me."

Faerinn says, "Not fresh at all."

Ycelacie curiously asks, "Do we know who the victim was?"

Elbromo asks, "The bite marks on the stumps are from scavengers..we are to assume the limbs where cut the same as his neck?"

Cryheart says, "Narum most likely."

You say, "The Rook plan might have worked, though, but we didn't really have time to make that kind of deal with only hours before the attack."

Speaking to Elbromo, Hapenlok says, "Well, there's these little creatures....we're calling them reapers."

You say, "Either that or they might have killed him themselves."

Speaking to Elbromo, Guarrin says, "Likely from the reapers. Reavers? Little munching creatures. Taking limbs."

Speaking to Elbromo, Hapenlok says, "They collect limbs."

Elbromo says, "Ahh."

Arav says, "I tink the limbs were .. chewed off."

Speaking to Elbromo, Faerinn says, "Reapers took the limbs."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Gibberlings."

Speaking to Faerinn, Arav asks, "Days old?"

Elbromo asks, "So the collectors where opertunistic?"

You say, "Likely two days old... since that's when the attack occurred."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "My very first PC death in AD&D...this brings me back to the 80s, guys!"

Arav says, "I would have thought it was more recent. Today. It is doubtful all the reapers are gone."

Faerinn says, "Yeah, he's been here for a while."

Arav says, "But I could be wrong."

(OOC) Ycelacie's player whispers to the group, "Oh noes."

Arav asks, "Or he was captured two days ago, sans limbs. And killed today, left here as a message?"

You say, "Well... only so much information to mine out of a dead man, unfortunately."

Maags says, "We got the message directlies the other night."

Speaking to Arav, Faerinn says, "He's been here since Feastday morning. Probably sooner."

(Hapenlok studies the corpse, as the others debate.)

Zosopage: "What's the word on this corpse?"

Arav says, "I don't think my presence here does anything to help, and perhaps he deserves some quiet in death. Let me know if you find something with bones I can break."

Maags says, "Problies this is jus bad luck that he ended up here."

Speaking to Erienne, Guarrin says, "Apologies. Chewed up corpses are distracting."

Cryheart: "Narum it appears to be...slit throat..and tiny bite marks."

Zosopage: "Hrmm, this is troubling."

Guarrin asks, "Has anyone, done any further inspection on the body that can provide more information on this fellow?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin asks, "Find anything useful?"

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "I did when I found him this morning."

Cryheart: "Missing a right arm and left leg."

You admit, "I'm glad we didn't go with the elven village plan in hindsight. Would have risked the elves' lives."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "Aside from approximate time of death and cause of death, no much else."

Zosopage: "They are regaining their strength an numbers it seems."

You muse, "Wonder if the 'let's get him a Chronomage pass to Cysaegir' plan would have worked."

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin asks, "Ah. Was he part of the mercenary force?"

Maags grins at you.

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "I was hoping to find an intact version of the Fist's brand."

Speaking to Maags, you assure, "Someone did think it!"

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "He was a mercenary and deserter."

Maags says, "Problies would has escaped it. at least for a while."

Speaking to Guarrin, you say, "He said he was part of it, but ran in terror at the sight of the monsters."

Arav: "It is believed the body is days old."

Arav: "Perhaps uncovered by something."

Ycelacie says, "Thanks for the spells."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "Supposedly while they came here. He was taking shelter here in the Hanging Inn."

Ycelacie says, "And support."

Zosopage: "That could be and would make sense."

Hapenlok asks, "Has anyone questioned the ghosts inside?"

Speaking to you, Ycelacie says, "Good luck mayor, I know you can solve this."

Hapenlok says, "...such as it is."

Speaking appreciatively to Ycelacie, you exclaim, "Thank you. You have a good eve!"

Speaking to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Why out here? Not exactly a safe spot."

Ycelacie says, "With the help of this town's reputable citizens."

Cryheart says, "Narum was sent here by request."

Speaking to a hill troll, Hapenlok says, "NO. we're busy."

Speaking to Guarrin, you say, "Well, the thought was that since the attack was coming to the town, we should leave him outside of town."

Cryheart asks, "By the mayor and town council?"

Cryheart glances at you.

Maags says, "Oh."

Cryheart says, "Cause he could nae be trusted."

You say, "He just came and asked for help from any who would listen."

Maags asks, "Why not lets him in town?"

You say, "We thought up several ideas, including the tree trunk in the Dragonsclaw, the hidden reiver camp near Icemule, hiding him in the militia barracks, hiding him with the Rooks, sending him to Cysaegir..."

Maags says, "Well nevermind."

Maags says, "No matter now."

You say, "My first suggestion was the barracks, but Shinann saw too many holes in his story to trust him there."

Asben says, "Maybe we shoulda put him in the jail."

Hapenlok says, "Well, the end result was too many holes in him."

You acknowledge, "The jail was brought up, but it's, uh... not always been the most secure of places."

Hapenlok says, "...which would have been the outcome, either way."

You pragmatically say, "Also, there were concerns that if we let him in town, they'd just come after him and cause more bloodshed."

Cryheart says, "Logical."

You say, "Well..."

You say, "Glad I didn't offer to harbor him in my house, at least."

Hapenlok says, "Well, I wasn't there for that misadventure...."

Speaking to a dismembered corpse, Guarrin says, "Pity. I imagine there was much we could have learned."

You explain, "My house is also outside of town, so I did think it."

Hapenlok says, "But it was very much on my mind, when people in town sheltered Miryam."

Hapenlok says, "When I heard about this fella."

You say, "Next person who comes asking for shelter, maybe we'll just have to get them a bit further away..."

You say, "The Northern Caravansary had been mentioned too."

Guarrin says, "Or, perhaps give them shelter."

Roelon deeply says, "Ye need somewhere warded against magic."

Roelon deeply says, "Or even perhaps ah scent trail."

Maags says, "The brass tower."

Bronnwyn just went southwest.

You say, "The brass tower, hmm."

Soliere yells, "LOVE YA LASS!"

Hapenlok says, "Well."

Maags says, "I feels awful that he was sent away after warning us."

You curiously say, "We didn't send him away. We escorted him here."

Maags says, "Guess the ghosts did not likes him too."

You say, "And you all saw the attacks--the reapers were all over town. Shelter there wouldn't have worked."

Guarrin says, "Perhaps."

Cryheart says, "He was part of a mercenary army."

Speaking to Roelon, you say, "Not even sure the warding against magic would have worked. Those reapers are just so small and get everywhere.."

Cryheart says, "Like fleas."

You say, "Well... at least we can contemplate and know this whenever similar situations come up in the future."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah...hae to agree."

Speaking to a dismembered corpse, Guarrin says, "I'm fairly certain the reapers aren't what did him in...one of the other mercenaries. I suppose that means they can be directed to a specific target."

Faerinn says, "The knife is what killed him."

Hapenlok says, "No, and they harvested the limbs for more constructs."

You wryly say, "Yeah, can't wait to see those."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah still think perhaps some sort of scent marker."

Roelon deeply says, "Can follow it anywhere if it's strong enough."

Faerinn says, "Or rather the one wielding it."

Hapenlok asks, "I'm no expert in animal handling, but I'd think two days with the weather the way it was?"

Hapenlok asks, "...might make it hard to track, wouldn't it?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin asks, "Did you search within as well?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin says, "If he was staying her, perhaps he left something."

Guarrin corrects, "Here."

Cryheart says, "Well, ifn' we had a bard."

Roelon deeply says, "Unless those bloody reapers were tracking him all the time."

Faerinn says, "I am a bard. I checked him."

Hapenlok says, "Oh, I bet he was marked and numbered from the moment he left."

Cryheart says, "Oh."

Hapenlok says, "Believe me, I've ..."

Hapenlok neutrally says, "Experience in such matters."

Hapenlok says, "On both sides of the equation."

Hapenlok says, "His first mistake was coming here."

Hapenlok says, "His second mistake was being seen and smelled."

Hapenlok says, "And heard."

Faerinn says, "And felt."

Faerinn says, "And tasted."

Erienne asks, "Did anyone search for clues inside the inn?"

Hapenlok says, "When I was too visible. Bounty hunters appeared."

Cryheart says, "We can make any assumption, considering we dinnae hae evidence."

Guarrin says, "Well, if nothing else is to be learned, should at least put him to rest."

Roelon deeply says, "Many possibilities."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Hapenlok says, "I suggest cremation."

Speaking to Erienne, Guarrin says, "Faerinn mentioned he had searched earlier."

Cryheart says, "We should bury the poor fellow."

Hapenlok says, "So he can raise again? ...granted missing two limbs."

Hapenlok says, "You know everyone likes using our corpses against us, lately."

Roelon deeply says, "Then cremate."

Hapenlok says, "Probably these jerks will too."

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, you say, "Not even lately... more like always."

Roelon deeply says, "But to be left 'ere like this is ...just horrible."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "Well, that was the most curious part of it, though--no undead in their army."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Not yet."

You say, "Considering their practices, I would think they've left lots of bodies behi--"

Speaking distractedly to Guarrin, Raelee asks, "Hmm?"

Hapenlok says, "But we've been having corpses that were buried for years get raised up."

Hapenlok says, "So, let's cremate this one."

You suddenly say, "Oh, wait. I wonder--this might have been their first raid on more intelligent beings than trolls and the like."

Speaking curiously to Raelee, Guarrin asks, "Thoughts on this?"

You reason, "Considering that we hadn't heard of this group at all until now."

You say, "I do agree cremation makes the most sense."

You say, "Oh, he ran off..."

Pale, swirling mist begins to billow out from nothingness before you, and quickly coalesces into a small orb of shifting essence. Suddenly, the orb expands and forms an elliptical portal of swirling blues and blacks, its edges shrouded in dancing blue-white mist.

Hapenlok steps out of the shifting portal.

Speaking to Guarrin, Raelee says, "... we are largely at a point of speculation with little actual information to work with. One dead body is not going to tell the story that we need told."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "As I was saying, I do agree cremation makes the most sense."

Hapenlok says, "Sorry, Arav snuffed it."

Hapenlok says, "I actually went to go get him."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "It can tell us a lot actually, but mostly about himself."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "Well, he was one of the only ones who was with you in disagreeing about the Aralyte plan."

Speaking to Faerinn, Raelee says, "I did not say it would not provide information. I said it would not provide the information we were looking for."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Shinann.

Speaking to Shinann, you explain, "Faerinn found what's left of Narum."

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "Fair enough."

Speaking to Shinann, Faerinn says, "I found him there this morning."

Speaking to Shinann, Faerinn says, "He'd been lying there basically a whole day before I found him."

Shinann says, "That is a shame. It really is."

Speaking to Shinann, you offer, "Opinions on what we could have done differently are varied, but for what it's worth, I personally think this confirms you were right not to let him in the barracks."

Shinann asks, "Any bards trry to see if a loresong attached?"

Speaking to Raelee, Faerinn says, "He doesn't tell us anything about the rest of the Fist's forces this way. At least nothing we don't already know."

Cryheart: "Unfortunately I don't think we were around to even make that suggestion..but yes."

Speaking to Shinann, Asben says, "I don't think we found one to."

Speaking to Faerinn, Raelee says, "Precisely."

Speaking to Shinann, you reason, "I've been saying this to everyone, but if he'd been in town, the attack might not have let up as early as it did. I bet they wouldn't have been satisfied until they got him."

Speaking to Shinann, Faerinn says, "I did when I checked him this morning."

You admit, "That said, the plan to move him across to the other side of the DragonSpine would probably have been better. Now we know."

You curiously ask, "Oh, just out of curiosity... would the Gryphons have harbored him?"

Speaking to you, Guarrin responds, "Yes."

You admit, "I'd been saying it the night we found him, that it was a shame we didn't have one of you with us."

Cryheart says, "That is a distinct possibility."

Hapenlok says, "Well, I was just recommending that give the proclivity of our buried corpses to rise up from the ground at later dates, that we cremate the poor fellow if we're done gawking over the corpse."

Hapenlok asks, "So, someone decide. Do I start a pyre, or not?"

You say, "I think it's for the best."

Asben says, "Do it."

Cryheart says, "Tis unfortunate it occurred afore any of us were awake."

Asben nods at Hapenlok.

Roelon nods at Hapenlok.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Soliere says, "I'm with ya."

Hapenlok glances at a dismembered corpse.

Speaking to a dismembered corpse, Hapenlok says, "Sorry fella."

Faerinn says, "By the way, last weekend we opened our Safe Haven in Mist Harbor. Has vault doors and could withstand a siege. Town council should look into getting something like it."

(Hapenlok concentrates on the corpse and starts to chant.)

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Yes, I've already sent proposals about militia safe rooms and such."

Hapenlok gestures at a dismembered corpse.

You wryly say, "But you know our council... sometimes they take ages to do things."

Soliere asks, "A question first?"

Speaking to you, Soliere asks, "Is it at all possible our songbird is this dead one?"

Speaking suddenly to Soliere, you say, "Oh. You mean the songbird from the commune visions..."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "Excellent and interesting thought."

Faerinn asks, "Songbird?"

Shinann asks, "What commune?"

Faerinn says, "Oh, from the commune. I doubt it."

You explain, "A commune was held at Mist Harbor earlier to try to discern the truth behind Socius' demise."

Faerinn says, "I saw the vision of the songbird long after Narum was dead."

Cryheart says, "Songbird, however, could be an appropriate name for a snitch."

You say, "I wasn't able to attend, but Faerinn here was there and explained visions they saw."

Speaking to Faerinn, Soliere says, "But.. ya say he spirit not at rest... it coud be flittin round far as we knows."

Soliere says, "I jus' wondered thot it best ta ask.. i usualy wrong."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "It was a good thought, whether it's true or not. I like it."

Speaking to Soliere, Faerinn says, "No harm in asking, but that was related to Socius Leiffen....who was definitely not this man."

(Hapenlok traces a circle around the corpse and starts to chant, as wisps of flame surround his hands.)

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin says, "I'm curious about the cost to build that Safe Haven."

Speaking to a dismembered corpse, you wish, "Peace beyond the Gate."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "I can find that out."

A small ember of flickering flame appears above the palm of Hapenlok's hand...

Hapenlok gestures at a dismembered corpse.

Hapenlok chants a short phrase, embers leaping from his fingertips, as he clenches his hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Cryheart says, "Evening Captain."

Speaking to Guarrin, Faerinn says, "Town raised the money so the figure is available somewhere."

Shinann says, "Thank you."

Speaking to a hill troll, Soliere says, "Pfffft."

You speculate, "Maybe odd magic left by the reapers is still protecting the body from cremation..."

Cryheart glances at a bundle of pine wood.

You gaze thoughtfully at a bundle of pine wood.

Hapenlok picks up a bundle of pine wood.

Hapenlok drops a bundle of pine wood.

You petition the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround your hands...

You gesture at a bundle of pine wood.

You launch a flare at a bundle of pine wood!

The pine wood grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.

You glance dubiously around the area.

(OOC) You whisper, "I'm going with nothing we can do here without a GM. Heh." to your group.

(OOC) Soliere's player whispers to the group, "We canna drag it either, dangit."

(Hapenlok arranges the wood around the corpse.)

Roelon removes a handful of tinder from in his ebon leather cloak.

Hapenlok says, "Well, we'll try non-magical fire."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "I hae been trying all verbs...nothing yet."

(Hapenlok starts to construct a pyre.)

Roelon put a handful of tinder in his ebon leather cloak.

Speaking to Roelon, Soliere exclaims, "Tinder!"

(Hapenlok frantically searches his vest and jacket.)

Hapenlok mutters, "Balls."

You approvingly exclaim, "Ya come preparerd!"

Hapenlok says, "No matches."

Roelon drops a handful of tinder.

Roelon removes a wooden matchbox from in his ebon leather cloak.

Roelon drops a wooden matchbox.

Speaking incredulously to Hapenlok, Raelee asks, "You require a match to light a pyre?"

Roelon deeply says, "Someone start it up."

Speaking to Raelee, Hapenlok repeats, "No magic."

Speaking to Raelee, Hapenlok says, "Otherwise I would have done it already."

You coyly say, "For once, his goal isn't burning down everything in sight. Just the one corpse."

Cryheart asks, "Can ye put the tinder on the pile of wood?"

Hapenlok picks up a wooden matchbox.

Hapenlok opens a wooden matchbox, revealing several matches.

Hapenlok gets a match from a wooden matchbox.

Shinann says, "They do not care about heads."

Speaking to Roelon, Soliere says, "Last I tried ta light a fire, I got me kirtle on fire an' was a lotta stop drop an rollin.. I let someone else."

Hapenlok offers Roelon a wooden matchbox.

Roelon accepts Hapenlok's wooden matchbox.

Hapenlok picks up a handful of tinder.

Speaking to Shinann, you speculate, "I still think it's like troll kings. They even had troll hybrids with them, so it would make sense."

Hapenlok drops a handful of tinder.

Speaking to Shinann, you say, "Soon we'll be encountering troll hybrids of almost everyone standing here."

(Hapenlok positions the tinder into the pyre.)

Shinann says, "They do not want them smarter than maybe a troll king..."

Shinann says, "I hope not."

You quickly say, "I'm just saying, I for one will be ready with fire when it happens."

Hapenlok asks, "Anyone want to say anything?"

Speaking to Shinann, Soliere says, "Is why there ne'er any troll queens."

Cryheart says, "Great Koar, please bless this poor soul who has met an untimely death."

Speaking to Soliere, Shinann says, "That is possible."

Speaking somberly to a dismembered corpse, you say, "Thanks for the warning. Peace to you beyond the Gate."

Hapenlok asks, "Any final words for someone we don't know? And probably didn't trust as far as we could fling him?"

You admit, "That's about all I've got."

Hapenlok lights a match by flicking it against his thumb.

The burning match that Hapenlok was holding just went out. It disappears in a small puff of smoke.

Hapenlok joins Cryheart's group.

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Well, bugger. That didn't work like I wanted it to."

(OOC) You whisper, "Yeah, thinking we can't do anything without a GM." to your group.

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Aye."

Cryheart asks, "Time to head back?"

Cryheart says, "Ok..moving back to town."

(OOC) Faerinn's player whispers to the group, "Quilic will probably remove him in a day or so now that he's been found."

You say, "Maybe it's for the best. I can alert a team of investigators to come out, on the off chance they can discover anything further."

Soliere asks, "Did anyone had a cloth ta try cover im?"

Soliere says, "Hate leavin im."

Speaking to Soliere, you assure, "I'll alert the coroner and such."

Soliere says, "Okie."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Yeah, I'm a little curious as to why my flames wouldn't ignite him."

(OOC) Faerinn's player whispers to the group, "He said the body was passed over 1000 times before I found it."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you speculate, "Maybe odd magic left behind by the reapers."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Heh."

(OOC) You whisper, "Heh, yeah, I went back to grep my logs for "dismembered corpse" and saw I'd passed it without noticing too." to your group.

Cryheart asks, "Ok..we ready?"

Cryheart says, "Moving out."

(OOC) Soliere's player whispers to the group, "Aye i went past I'm certain."

(OOC) You whisper, "If he'd been *inside* the inn I would totally have found him, since Leafi went several times. Somehow never thought to look outside." to your group.

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Well, I used a ring to get to icemule. So, I wasn't one of the thousand."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a large purple wooden barrel.

You conclude, "Well, that was the most interesting meeting yet, as it were."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Just make sure they burn it."

You nod at Hapenlok.

Guarrin says, "Aye, I'm sorry I missed the start of it."

Maags says, "Me too."

Faerinn says, "Happy to have obliged then."

Maags says, "Has to read the notices more often."

(OOC) Roelon's player whispers, "Reminded me of Stand by me movie. Lets go find a dead body!"

You say, "If only they'd rebuild the bulletin board like I keep asking..."

Cryheart says, "We mostly had a discussion regarding the rescue of Aralyte, the Palestra."

Hapenlok says, "You know. I want to tell you all a story."

Chamorr heartily says, "Who what."

Hapenlok says, "And you'll see why I think this might be a mistake."

Guarrin asks, "Oh? Developing plans for that?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "Oh, good. We had been saying earlier that it was a shame we didn't have you there to discuss."

Hapenlok asks, "You remember the sack of Mestanir, yes?"

Faerinn says, "And that is my cue to leave. Goodnight everyone."

Hapenlok asks, "Cryheart, you were there for the sack of Mestanir, by cross?"

Cryheart nods at Hapenlok.

Hapenlok asks, "You remember I was one of the last ones to come back, right?"

Cryheart says, "I think so."

Hapenlok says, "Mires practically had to knock me unconscious to get me across the portal."

Cryheart says, "That was eons ago."

Hapenlok says, "I was ready to kill him, because i was going to stay and fight."

Soliere just arrived, dragging Polveiss with her.

Cryheart says, "Well..when it is time to leave."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "I went wrong way."

Hapenlok says, "Well, imagine, the Blade herself, sealing herself in to that hellish place to fight."

Hapenlok says, "If I were her, I'd be bleeding furious seeing a bunch of us back there years later."

Cryheart says, "She chose to act that way."

Roelon deeply says, "Unless something changed."

You ask, "So you think that if we rescue her, she'll... attack us?"

Hapenlok says, "Especially after sacrificing herself to make sure nothing from there ever returned."

Maags says, "Then if she wants to stay, she will stay."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Well, that's one of the possiblites."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, you say, "I'm definitely listening."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "And I highly doubt she'd appreciate being brought back to this plane. in the kind of corrupted state that she's in."

You add, "I will say, even if you somehow manage to convince everyone here, nothing on this world is going to stop Lylia from making the rescue happen..."

Mehdekar says, "I took the long way to come here."

Mehdekar says, "Through Zul."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "So let's say I do agree, just for the sake of it..."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you ask, "What are the contingency plans if you're right?"

Roelon nods to you.

Roelon deeply says, "So it seems."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "First? I kill Lylia."

Shinann says, "Oh me."

Cryheart says, "That would be a crime."

You muse, "Shoulda seen that one coming."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Second, I drop meteors on you all the minute you return and hope they kill her."

You muse, "Shoulda seen that one coming too."

Speaking deeply to Hapenlok, Roelon says, "Ah am beginin' to think thats yir solution for everyting. Kill em."

Speaking to Roelon, Hapenlok says, "Single combat against her? I've got no chance."

Hapenlok says, "None of us do."

Hapenlok says, "Well, that's not much of a plan, and I encourage anyone to come up with something better."

You clarify, "Against Aralyte?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Shinann asks, "You knew her. She was a hero, right?"

Cryheart nods at Shinann.

You acknowledge, "I'll admit, I'm a little surprised that so few people are against this. I'm used to way more in-fighting in the Landing."

Hapenlok asks, "And as far as I'm concerned?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Shinann asks, "Do you have any qualms about going after her?"

Cryheart looks over at Shinann and shakes his head.

Shinann nods once.

Cryheart says, "Her cause was just in what she did."

Cryheart says, "Sacrificing herself to save us."

Maags says, "Lylia even said that if Aralyte is corrupted that her life will be ended. That is better than staying where she is."

Speaking heartily to you, Chamorr says, "One of the last things we said to her was we getchya out someday."

Speaking to Chamorr, you say, "I'm all for this attempt, myself."

Speaking to Chamorr, you say, "But I did say I'd hear everyone out, so I will."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you ask, "Which brings me to.. did you have any other concerns besides the possibility of Aralyte attacking us?"

Chamorr heartily says, "It just seems so convienent that this should happen now."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Yes, you will recall I mentioned I was tainted by my first visit there."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "That took a long time to be expelled from me."

Speaking heartily to Alisette, Chamorr says, "Hiya sis."

You say, "Hopefully I understood Vlashandra correctly that we're attempting this from the Wastes and not near here, but she was somewhat vague."

Roelon deeply says, "Imagine what happened to her after all this time."

Speaking to Chamorr, Alisette says, "Brother Bear."

Maags says, "She did say that."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "The second time, I felt like my soul was being separated and almost replaced by ...something else."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "Yes, being infested with shadow energy was definitely--problematic."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "I know you and I both felt better after we did that ritual with the bone pillars to remove the energy."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok asks, "So, that being said. If this succeeds?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "But probably even more true for you since you were there longer and more times."

Giantphang says, "Everymister is here."

Giantphang says, "Not there."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "She doesn't step anywhere within the environs protected by those pillars. That's what I'd recommend."

Giantphang points west.

Speaking to Hapenlok, you muse, "Hmm, makes sense to me."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "I know, it appears that I'm having a gratitude problem, given what she gave up."

Speaking to Soliere, Polveiss asks, "Juice?"

You say, "I guess we could try to purge the lingering shadow energy from her too..."

You admit, "Seven years of buildup might be quite a challenge, but still."

Roelon deeply says, "Depends if anything is left of her inside."

Shinann says, "I never really got the why of it all... why she seems eager to do so."

Speaking distractedly to Alisette, Raelee asks, "Hmm?"

Speaking to Shinann, you say, "I think I understand."

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr says, "What do you think about this."

Alisette says, "Hello."

Speaking to Shinann, you speculate, "I believe she's trying to prove herself useful after a failure."

Roelon deeply says, "If it is truly her callin' out through that thing."

Speaking cautiously to Chamorr, Raelee asks, "Why?"

Speaking to Shinann, you say, "Maybe not even to the Hall, but to herself."

Speaking to Shinann, you acknowledge, "But it's only speculation on my part."

Shinann says, "However, she said the trial was a way to get here to do this."

Speaking frankly to Shinann, you say, "I think that was a lie."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Is it ironic that the sound track from john carpenter's the thing just cued up?"

Alisette offers, "Could she be trying to make amends for the past and the recent?"

Shinann says, "She did not care about the trial, she said."

Shinann says, "I do not know."

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr says, "Cause I am interested in yer take on Vlassy and this."

You say, "Again, speculation for me, but... I think she's trying to save face by saying it wasn't about the trial."

Hapenlok says, "Honestly, and here's my third point. And then I'm going to go find something to do for the evening."

Hapenlok says, "And this is going to sound horrible."

You say, "Think about how weird all of us find it that she was willing to change her face..."

You speculate, "I believe she's not been, and never been, very happy with who she is."

You say, "So she wants to do something radical like rescuing someone from the shadow realm to prove she can be someone. Something more."

Hapenlok says, "But, I think about Rashere's actions in her final days of Mayor. And I think about this new element, as it were, Vlashandra. I can't help but figure, that bringing back the Blade might suit some nefarious purpose."

Shinann says, "It seemed... planned. Why jump to that from the trial? If Lylia were still mayor, maybe."

Raelee slowly says, "... I think most of this speculation is useless. It is based on a distinct lack of information. What she said last night... she said nothing, told you lot nothing about her actual motivation. The information you need.. you do not have."

Chamorr heartily says, "Maybe she wants to go in."

Speaking to Chamorr, Raelee says, "And those are my thoughts."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, you ask, "Like what?"

Speaking deeply to Raelee, Roelon asks, "How would we find that information then?"

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr says, "Ya know what."

Maags asks, "She said somebodies made her change her face right?"

Hapenlok says, "I mean, I'm still not sure that I can trust either of them."

Cryheart says, "A lot of speculation on our part right now."

Speaking to Roelon, Raelee suggests, "Ask her."

Hapenlok says, "There's nothing I can put my finger on."

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr says, "I agree completely."

Hapenlok says, "But all I can say is that everything in my core says that there's something wrong."

You thoughtfully say, "But Vlashandra did say something about her motivation. She said that what she had really wanted to do, she was blocked from doing."

Roelon deeply says, "Well, we will hae alot of questions for her then next time."

You say, "So that's why she's not doing this with the Hall, and asking us instead."

Maags says, "So if she is willing to do that based on an order then makes me wonder if it is her own desire to rescue Aralyte. Tho, she is enamoured with the stone."

Roelon deeply says, "Perhaps."

Alisette says, "We never asked directly what her motivation is."

Speaking amusedly to Alisette, you say, "Sure we did."

Speaking to Alisette, you say, "Lots of times."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Dennet was acting independently, as well. Remember that."

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, you say, "Trust me, I've not forgotten."

Alisette says, "But we did not beat it out of her."

Hapenlok says, "And we fell for that."

Chamorr heartily says, "What would happen if we just said no thanks."

Roelon deeply says, "Half truths."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "No, I realize that, but... just because we can say we would have done things differently knowing what we know now doesn't mean much, I think."

Hapenlok says, "And she's playing to Lylia's desires."

Speaking to Chamorr, Raelee says, "It would proceed as she planned - for while you may decline, there are enough who are quite eager for this."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok asks, "Think of the feather in her cap if she could go back to her people and say that she brought back the Blade, hmmmm?"

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "That and it's a bit of unfinished business for her."

You interject, "Here's my thought... even if the entire Landing turned her down, including Lylia--I know, that's impossible, but just hypothetically--she'd just find someone else to do this, don't you think?"

Alisette says, "She would save face in the end."

You say, "*Someone* would help her, even if not us."

Speaking to you, Raelee states, "Correct."

Cryheart says, "It is likely."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "This, also is true."

You reason, "So I'd rather it be us, since we have people with history with the shadow realm."

Speaking heartily to Raelee, Chamorr says, "Yup, I go along to help keep our folks safe."

Shinann says, "I do not think this is about saving face. She said she could go on trial for this."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok asks, "Well, and I'm going to repeat for the benefit of those who weren't present last night?"

Speaking to Shinann, you say, "Right, and that too is why I think she's trying for personal reasons like proving herself--to herself."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "This is one person with experience that is not going."

Roelon deeply says, "Just like most of us agree, better to help and make sure it doesn't get worse then it possibly could."

Maags says, "Thinks most are looking at this as rescuing Aralyte rather than helping either the mage or Lylia."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "I do appreciate that."

Maags says, "So."

Speaking earnestly to Hapenlok, you say, "I really do. I'm glad someone is taking a stand and can back up why."

Speaking deeply to Hapenlok, Roelon says, "Ye kin stay behind and make sure nothing comea back out."

Roelon deeply says, "Well, nothing that shouldn't be perhaps."

Hapenlok says, "I never ran from anything. And I ran from that."

Maags says, "Pardons."

Hapenlok says, "Okay, that's not entirely true, I spent my whole life on the run."

Hapenlok says, "But I wasn't going to lose myself there."

Hapenlok says, "Well, that's it."

Hapenlok says, "Don't think you're just going to walk in, grab her and walk out."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "I know you said you won't try to stop us, but personally, I'd say you're welcome to try--at least, as long as this happens outside town like I think it will. I'm not interested in trying to control anyone's actions."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you agree, "Never that easy, definitely."

Shinann says, "You are not welcome to try to stop me."

Roelon deeply says, "If it were it would of been done already."

Speaking seriously to you, Hapenlok says, "Leafi, you have no idea what I'd be prepared to do."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "It's why I'm not going to even try."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you say, "The things you don't say are just as notable to me as the things you do. You didn't even seem to consider the idea that she might be a help against Grishom Stone."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "It'd be a waste of my time and energy that I don't have much of in reserve."

Speaking slowly to Hapenlok, you observe, "You're very concerned about this. I haven't seen you this concerned about much of anything."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "And there's a slim chance that I may be wrong."

Alisette thoughtfully asks, "And that is a reach for me, but what if bringing her back is the reason. To use her skills against....him?"

Speaking to Alisette, you say, "I don't think it is, or she would have mentioned that to sway more people."

Speaking neutrally to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "If you want to go, then go."

Speaking to Alisette, you acknowledge, "Which is why I was surprised she didn't bring it up."

Shinann says, "If Cryheart and Maags say they will try, then so will I. I never knew the woman."

Speaking frankly to Alisette, you say, "I'll be blunt, I can't write off what Hap's saying here. He's been right about this kind of thing before."

Shinann says, "But, I do trust them."

Speaking to Alisette, you admit, "And it's also absolutely possible this is all some kind of ruse in a larger scheme."

Speaking to you, Alisette says, "I believe Hap is right."

Alisette says, "But I don't think others will listen."

You say, "It's completely possible this is a dumb idea and we're walking right into a trap."

You say, "With all that said..."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok asks, "Admirable. But, given ....your peculiar circumstances? Do you really think it's wise to go to a negative plane of existance?"

You acknowledge, "I also couldn't live with myself if I said 'oh well, not my problem' and left Aralyte alone without at least trying to save her."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Some of us were rendered insane when we went there."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Most of us recovered."

You say, "So.... I have to try to aid."

Cryheart says, "Good night all."

Soliere says, "Hap always haves me ear, ne'er gimme cause ta regret listenin so far, tho I be distant from trouble many times."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Shinann says, "You betrayed me, why would I listen to you? I am sorry, that is the truth. Not trying to argue."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "I'm not exaggerating a single bit about what happened to me."

Shinann says, "I have been there."

Shinann says, "With Acorn."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "I betrayed you. Very interesting."

Shinann says, "Yes."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Your opinion, most likely."

You venture, "Are we talking about the pylon incident?"

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "I stayed true to myself, at the time."

Shinann says, "No, you disobeyed orders after I stood beside you over the entire Michol incident and your words... so you could help your friend Lylia."

Shinann says, "You said that."

Shinann says, "And, forgot my friendship."

Shinann says, "So, spin that how you wish."

Shinann says, "I spoke the truth."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "I'm not spinning anything. I did what I needed to do at the time, and I'd do it again...in a second."

Shinann says, "I do not doubt you would."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "But just remember, you go back this time...both your minds may break."

Shinann says, "I did not want to argue."

Shinann says, "Well, even if they do, it is my choice."

(Leafiara repeatedly glances between Shinann and Hapenlok, looking as if she's about to say something, but never does.)

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok says, "Then ...fine."

Guarrin says, "I think I'll take my leave as well."

Speaking heartily to Soliere, Chamorr says, "Evenin sis."

Shinann says, "Trying to get a dig in at me using Reannah did not go unnoticed."

Shinann just went north.

Speaking amiably to Guarrin, you say, "Thanks for joining us."

Guarrin says, "Rest well everyone."

You dubiously ask, "Wait, what?"

Soliere says, "Evenin."

You mumble, "Awkward."

Hapenlok yells, "You're welcome, by the way!"

Speaking uncertainly to you, Eugenides asks, "Me?"

You awkwardly say, "Well, uh, thanks for coming, all. Glad we had a productive meeting."

Hapenlok says, "I could have left her there."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah wish ye all ah good night."

You amusedly say, "But seriously, thanks for coming."

Speaking to Seylia, Eugenides says, "Tricked you."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "She shouldn't go. But she's going to go anyway."

You say, "Next meeting will be on the 9th at 4 in the afternoon, so let friends know."

Speaking to Roelon, Soliere says, "Nite Unca Roe see ya soonish."

You say, "Especially friends who can't make the late night meetings."

Hapenlok asks, "Anyone have a cigar?"

Speaking to you, Eugenides asks, "Can clothes shopping be discussed at the next meeting?"

Speaking quietly to Eugenides, Seylia says, "I have something for you."

Hapenlok says, "I kind of ...need one."

Speaking musingly to Eugenides, you say, "Well, maybe."

Speaking to Seylia, Eugenides exclaims, "Oh!"

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "You know, I fought just as hard as the others to save her."

Speaking greedily to you, Eugenides says, "I'm taking this woman with me."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Because I didn't want Dennet to win, but also...because I need a nemesis in my possible return to my roots."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "So, you know. I may have given her a weapon to defend herself with."

Hapenlok says, "A boost to her will."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "Will counts for a lot up there."

Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Dont quit yer day job."

Hapenlok says, "If she can, to spite me, she'll make it through."

Hapenlok says, "Hate works."

Soliere asks, "Whose hate we talkin bout?"

Hapenlok says, "Shinann."

Soliere says, "Ahh."

Soliere says, "I not sure what done crawled up her leathers."

Hapenlok says, "Me."

You say, "It's a bit of a long story."

Soliere says, "But she not ben treatin me like her friend in years."

Hapenlok says, "I never asked for her to defend me."

Soliere says, "So I woud jus overlook it honestly."

Hapenlok says, "I didn't ask for anyone to defend me."

Polveiss says, "I hate when I run out of donuts. I try not to hates peoples though."

Polveiss says, "Doesn't always work."

Hapenlok says, "And it is an incredibly long story."

You say, "I'll be in the square for a bit in case we have any more visitors, but--yeah, it really is a long storyr."

Hapenlok says, "But it partly involved me trying to protect the pylons that octaven blew up anyway."

Soliere says, "I was there."

Soliere says, "Mebe that what she hate bout me too."

Soliere says, "I ne'er suspected it."

Hapenlok says, "And partly me finally losing my temper with the bickering losing us opportunites."

Soliere says, "I sided with ya then too Hap."

Polveiss says, "I was probably napping, I do that best."

Speaking curiously to Soliere, you say, "I doubt she hates you."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "No hugs fer me, is bout as hatred as it get, tho I don't hold it against er."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "She doesn't hate too many people. She's just very... very serious."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "No, she hates me."

Speaking to you, Polveiss says, "Serious gives me a headache."

Hapenlok says, "Which I am perfectly fine with."

Speaking to Hapenlok, you admit, "Well, yes, you're an exception."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "We was playmates, that dont normally fade."

Hapenlok says, "I wear it as a badge of honor."

Speaking heartily to Soliere, Chamorr says, "She dont hug anyone."

Hapenlok says, "Much like this tabard."

Speaking to you, Soliere says, "I'll haft apologize ta her some time private.. still wouda sided wi'Hap on that occasion but still sorrie I losted me friend."

Speaking to you, Hapenlok says, "And you know, I still feel the way I did back then, that I do now."

Speaking to Soliere, you assure, "I highly doubt she has anything against you. Seriously."

Speaking to Soliere, Polveiss says, "Im ready to turn in sweetie, whenever you are."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "She's just--she's very set on duty and such."

Speaking to Soliere, you say, "So disobeying orders was a huge problem to her."

Soliere says, "Aye I knows."

Soliere says, "But glad ya reminds me."

Speaking to Soliere, you offer, "I'm sure you two can work things out."

Soliere says, "Thanks fer comin with us this eve."

Soliere says, "An' if anyone go any shadow place, I hope they manage ta drag ya along, sincerely."

Soliere nods at Hapenlok.

Hapenlok says, "No."

Hapenlok says, "I'm not going."

Hapenlok says, "I meant what I said."

Soliere says, "Well its jus me wish, is all, not tryin ta influence no body."

Hapenlok says, "I'm not craven. But I'd be an idiot for going there a third time."

Soliere says, "Never woud."

The flower girl smiles and says, "For giving me a few silvers, you can have a whole handful of these petals!"

Speaking to a pretty flower girl, Hapenlok says, "Get stuffed."