Pestilence (716)/saved posts
The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Pestilence (716) is a new spell. When cast, the sorcerer creates a sickly miasmal aura around them self. All creatures that attack the sorcerer have a chance to contract the potentially deadly pestilence that flows through it. Upon attacking the sorcerer, there is a base 25% chance that the aura will reactively fire on the attacker, using a hidden CS roll. If the aura's attack hits, the attacker will take immediate rot damage (disintegrate), along with some disease damage (disintegrate) over time.
And here are some specifics about the spell:
- The spell has a standard spell duration (1200 seconds + 60 seconds per spell rank) and a set number of charges. The base is 5 charges, increasing by +1 per seed 9 summation of Sorcererous Lore, Necromancy. Once all charges are used up, the self-cast spell fades.
- Necromancy lore also increases the base chance for the reactive attack by 2 * seed 9 summation.
- The spell can be cast directly at a creature or player to attempt to instantly infect them.
- If the target has Disease Resistance (104) active, they get a second chance to ward the spell.
- UnDisease (113) will remove the offensive effect when active on a target.
- If cast at food, it will instantly spoil it.
- The DoT effect lasts for 1-10 rounds, determined by the warding margin / 10.
- Each round triggers every 6 seconds and deals concussion damage based upon how many rounds the effect will last along with a weak disintegrate crit. The former starts strong and gets weaker over time.
- Due to sorcery being a hybrid of elemental and spiritual magic, the disease can affect undead.
- The reactive flare will not trigger if the target is already infected, but the spell can still be directly cast for the initial damage.