Talk:Fervent Reproach (312)
data provided for only double-open handed. Needs addt'l data for single vs double open handed bonuses.
data provided for only maximum increased channeling time. Needs addt'l data for each second increment the caster chooses.
no data provided regarding magnitude and durations of the stat bonuses and how much/if lore effects them.
df appears to be a flat 0.7 for the initial hit, but this may/may not be modified by religion lore? No information.
- Hello friend! When you edit talk pages, please sign your comments! You can use four tildes (~~~~) to insert your name and the timestamp of the edit! If you want a place to dump data while you work and don't mean to start a discussion, you can use your user page as a sandbox! Thanks! -GameMaster Vanah (talk) 09:49, 2 February 2015 (CST)
the formula for stat bonus doesn't match my observations. With 66 ranks blessing and 6s charge the formula says the range is 11-17, but I've got a bonus of 9 testing today. (also 10 but that was cast rather than channeled)
- There is no minimum 5. I removed it from the formula. In your example, it would be random 6-12. GS4-ESTILD (talk) 21:18, 8 March 2018 (CST)
minimum number of cycles is two, the formula under religion lore implies it can be one.
- I'm seeing results that show there's more to the number of cycles than this formula says. Some possibilities that occur to me are truncation happening after the warding margin and lore components are added rather than both being truncated, there being a bonus for number of open hands or penalty for one or zero empty hand channeling, the warding margin being modified by some (or all) of the factors that modify it for the damage calculation. RATHBONER (talk) 04:42, 9 March 2018 (CST)
the way the cast penalty statement is phrased implies that cast penalties apply to the initial damage on other spells, did Estild back away from what he said on Discord which I understood to be that no other spell had any cast penalties?
- I think it's correct as stated. It's saying that among spells that having a channeling bonus, there is a unique feature to this specific spell. GS4-ESTILD (talk) 21:18, 8 March 2018 (CST)
- There are (at least) two penalties associated with casting 312, a decrease in the effective warding margin and a decrease in the number of cycles. Restricting uniqueness to the number of cycles, as the statement emphasises, strongly implies that cast penalties are applied to the initial damage on other spells. The Discord exchange was the other way round, I understood from that, that cast penalties don't apply to the effective warding margin on other spells. RATHBONER (talk) 04:42, 9 March 2018 (CST)
Is the enhancive bonus available against critters you can't learn (much) from? It seemed to be firing at a very low rate when testing with a level 69 cleric in wind wraiths (base level 61)
- It is (in fact, the higher the warding margin, the better the chance to trigger), but if you are more than 10 levels above the target, the duration is reduced by 90%. If you weren't channeling, your chances to trigger it were reduced by 75%. GS4-ESTILD (talk) 21:18, 8 March 2018 (CST)
Updated the section on Blessings lore based on Discord chat in #gm-questions from January 15, 2018: "Every rank adds 2 seconds. Was it a creature you can learn from? Seemed to work fine in my test (with 100 ranks of SL:B, a duration of 230 seconds).(edited)" LEAFIARA (talk) 18:04, 24 March 2018 (CDT)
A single dim, pale blue globe springs to life in your right hand. With a flick of your right wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a scaly hisskra champion! CS: +506 - TD: +364 + CvA: -13 + d100: +43 == +172 Warding failed! The orb squarely impacts a scaly hisskra champion, discharging the pale blue energy over his entire being for 51 points of damage! The pale blue energy pulses for an additional 35 points of damage ... Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds. Abruptly, you sense the attention of your spirit slayer focus upon a scaly hisskra champion. The pattern of your spell is wrested away from you as the mote of white light flares with blinding brilliance. Two dim, pale blue globes spring to life next to your spirit slayer. A whirl of spiritual energy engulfs the globes before they go flying through the air toward a scaly hisskra champion! CS: +546 - TD: +364 + CvA: -13 + d100: +3 == +172 Warding failed! The orbs squarely impact a scaly hisskra champion, discharging the pale blue energy over his entire being for 52 points of damage! The pale blue energy pulses for an additional 36 points of damage ...What luck.. and how frustrating the differing results..WINTERDAWN (talk) 03:35, 14 February 2020 (CST)