No offense, Icewhite, but I don't feel that these articles meet the quality standards of Krakiipedia. These are the changes I propose:
- Eliminating the personal comments on your character's progress.
- Converting the preformatted stuff to MediaWiki format.
- "Wikifying" the document by adding links to the various verbs used, among other things.
- Eliminating Icewhite's signature from the bottom of the document. Credit is given to authors of articles in the history of the page.
Or! We could simply move the document to Instrument learning guide and, being labeled as a guide, the format would depend completely on the creator of the guide. -Andy talk 20:09, 21 October 2006 (EDT)
- I think we could do both. Have the technical information remain in the article, then move the "advice" and "experience" information to the guide.Rail 22:23, 21 October 2006 (EDT)
Honestly folks, I don't have a clue as to how to convert things to MediaWiki or adding the links. My main concern was just to get the info posted somewhere so people could see it.
I personally don't see what real difference changing the title to Instrument Learning Guide makes as for formatting. Is this some esoteric Wiki procedure / courtesy practice or something?
The personal comments were there to show the time it took. It was to provide info and show how much dedication it takes to get through them all, not to say hey look at me. The items I have posted here are taken directly from what I used to post on the boards.
I didn't have any clue at all how this whole thing worked when it was suggested to me to post them up here. Since its not a real big priority for me as long as the info available I'm in no rush to learn all the procedures just to pretty them up. (Icewhite)
- Icewhite, don't worry, there's no vague knowledge of Wiki code or what not. Its more a matter of style than anything else. Wiki articles are supposed to replicate encyclopedia articles in style. Thus, if you opened up Encyclopedia Britannica, you would not see personal pronouns. However, since Krakiipedia is not just an encyclopedia but much, much, more, we would rather save what you wrote in its present form but categorize it more fittingly to the style of what you posted. Ergo, we rename it as a guide, which would obviously include the personal experiences of the writer. The reason Andy and I have been posting is that its a common courtesy to give the original editor a say before any major changes are done to articles they've written. Thus, if you have no rejectiongs, Andy or I will implement the changes we think that would improve the article's usefulness (style, not content).Rail 10:07, 22 October 2006 (EDT)
My suggestions have to do with the style guide. Labeling this as a "guide" would allow the article, as is, to meet the style guide, hence, that suggestion. Though, the style guide says nothing about labelling articles as guides. However, we have a few guides listed on the website. (List of guides). -Andy talk 16:33, 22 October 2006 (EDT)
Ahh OK. I understand a bit better now. I see that someone already made the changes and put it into the guide category. (For some reason I thought the title was going to have to change too.) I hope I didn't sound like I was objecting to the changes before, I'm just not real good with some of this stuff. ;)
Thanks for the explanation and the reformatting (the tables on the side were nice and make it easy to see.) Is there anything else that I personally should do? I suppose I should take a look at my polearm info one and instrument messaging ones someday. The instrument messaging ones should be OK I think (except maybe the opening comments).
Thanks again for the help and thought folks. --ICEWHITE 06:06, 23 October 2006 (EDT)