The Other Side of the Ocean (song)
The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
This is a creative work set in the world of Elanthia, attributed to its original author(s). It does not necessarily represent the official lore of GemStone IV.
Title: The Other Side of the Ocean
- The Other Side of the Ocean
- The long ships of the Captain raised their sails for sea,
- They set their prows to point to the east,
- Under the songs of misery.
- Over the rim of the world they vanished from their home,
- The drums were beat and songs from shore were sung,
- Farewells given with return yet unknown.
- The days of spring came and left with no sight of Krolvin sail,
- The flames were fed upon the hilltop pyres,
- Polished bells prepared for knells.
- The sailing summer seas left with northern fury winds,
- Ash was spread upon the face of oprhans,
- Marks of Blood for Blood to find again.
- From across the whipping waves of white the drums beat strong,
- The brothers answered from the frozen shore,
- Returned from the east their voyage long.
- Half their number gone, the fleet laden down with gold,
- The glories were hung around the prow,
- While others watched from the steel barred hold.
- The seas of the east covered with the sails of the Krol,
- Fleets go forth to the land of the lessers,
- Across the ocean our raiders troll.