Leafiara (prime)/Melodies/Darkstone Baron
Darkstone baron Why don't you come to your senses? Your being so dense is getting people killed now You think you're a tough one And you've got your own motivations But your naive idealizations Will end you somehow Don't you see the giant spiders, boy They'll eat you if they're able And the Remnants' bows will steal your final breath Now it seems to me returning south Is an option on your table But you only choose the ones that lead to death Darkstone baron No, your life won't be improving Go get your caravans moving To bring you all home Duty, oh, duty Well, that's the heartstring your Earl pulls You're a sheep who's been thrown into the den of the wolves How you nearly froze in the winter storms And your wagons got burned by the mountain hordes It's hard to tell the bad days from the worse You're losing people left and right Their corpses used to be a shocking sight at first Darkstone baron Why don't you come to your senses? Before the krolvins' plan commences Head back to your home The blood keeps raining But your old region's waiting You'd best withdraw and cut your losses (Withdraw and cut your losses) You'd best withdraw and cut your losses Before it's too late
Driven by a goal of establishing the barony of Darkstone, its uncrowned future Baron Elidal moved to the Landing area in the dead of winter. The arrival of the Empire immediately provoked armies of stone giants, stone trolls, minotaurs, goblins, and more to attack Elidal and his people for month on end while they had no army to back up their arrival. They lost dozens if not hundreds of settlers, but eventually the threats were repelled when the stone giant leader, Gnul, was destroyed.
Elidal would go on to build a small, inexperienced army, yet soon enough found himself faced with simultaneous threats on every front:
- The Ember Vale reivers led by Warchief Haidan, descendant of Hagga.
- The reiver shaman Tyeid who struck a dark alliance with the Arachne priest Drazinoth.
- Tyrrax's krolvin fleet that viewed the Empire as a perennial enemy and the reivers as a short-term obstacle possible to eliminate before his future attack against Grishom Stone.
- A splinter faction called the Remnants, who broke away from the Rooks to pursue more violent ends against the Empire and Rooks alike.
- Melgorehn's Reach going haywire and releasing ethereal beings to attack the environs.
Throughout all of this, Elidal would never once entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, establishing this barony was a terrible idea that was bringing endless death and tragedy.