Luring the Duskborn

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
You say, "...th' schism...is silence."

You snicker.

Vilkea says, "Good memories."

Speaking to you, Alifair says, "Not entirely quiet."

Meureii agrees with Vilkea.

Speaking simply to Godefroy, Raelee states, "I believed you."

Speaking to you, Alifair says, "Yaolara has been ...speaking."

Alifair says, "Sort of."

Speaking to Alifair, you ask, "For how long?"

Alifair says, "The cocoon has cracked since last eve."

Metadi says, "We think it was about an hour ago."

Several aurorae erupt across the night sky.

Ainsley says, “Pretty!”

Vilkea asks, "Was that what you were talking about?"

Metadi says, "Pretty deadly."

Alifair says, "Not once they land on you."

Speaking to Metadi, Ainsley says, "Granted.  But still pretty."

Mohrgan says, "The aurorae...if they descend, we are in trouble."

Master Carellus just arrived.

Carellus leans on his runestaff.

Metadi muses, "The duskborn, or the dreamer?"

Godefroy nods to Carellus in greeting.

Aydan whispers to the group, "Amended division, if needed: Alifair, Ainsley, Metadi, Misun, Cyral, Silverthorne, Vilkea, Divone, and Kasia will split off. Everyone else will stay with me."

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "I wish I could say 'good evening,' but... evening, nonetheless."

Speaking quietly to Carellus, Mohrgan warns, "The coccoon...it has cracked."

Speaking evenly to Carellus, Raelee states, "Carellus."

Speaking to Mohrgan, Carellus says, “I suspected as much."

Metadi says, "And the two o' them are speaking."

Speaking to Raelee, Carellus says, "Raelee."

Alifair says, "Yaolara is waking.  She is speaking to her...love."

Alifair rocks back on her heels.

Mohrgan quietly says, "And we heard...him."

Carellus says, "We will need to work quickly, then."

Aydan nods in agreement.

Speaking to a peglegged cat, Divone says, "You're with Aydan."

You see Master Carellus Ranheles the Sage. 
He appears to be a Human from Mestanir.
He is taller than average and appears to be in his golden years.  He has red-rimmed sea green eyes and ivory skin.  He has a wealth of long, snowy hair framing his face in gleaming coils.  He has a lined face, a crooked nose and a short tapered beard.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his left leg, minor cuts and bruises on his back, and some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg.
He is holding a simple lor runestaff in his right hand.
He is wearing a simple crimson mantle, a pair of polished spectacles, a frayed dusky violet robe, and a pair of worn leather sandals.

Divone nods to the charcoal cat.

Carellus asks, "I believe there was a plan to make use of the beached ship nearby to capture the Duskborn?"

Aydan says, "If I had more like him, I wouldn't need the rest of you in a battle."

Aydan nods at Carellus.

Speaking to Divone, Ainsley says, "We've tried worse things to get rid of the wretched beast."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Will it suit your purposes?"

Alifair exclaims, "Well!"

Godefroy says, "Unless you have a better locale in mind."

Speaking to Aydan, Carellus says, "I have no better plans."

Speaking to Ainsley, Divone says, "I believe he will be an asset."

Carellus says, "I have, of course, some concerns."

You say, "Tonight be dangerous work."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Share them, then?"

Carellus says, "Once the rite is done, I will be of little use to you all."

Speaking quietly to Mohrgan, Auragin says, "The beads from Ronan to Had.. Hadya."

Carellus says, "It is, I undestand, a traumatic thing for a user of magic to burn out their ability."

Cryheart asks, "Ye going to burn your magic out completely, forever?"

Speaking to Carellus, you ask, "But you will survive the rite, yes?"

Carellus says, "I suspect both are true."

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "My brother was burnt out by a mandis shard.  He has been a tad... off... since."

Carellus quietly says, "To this end, I have asked my apprentice to arm herself with what magical items she can, that she may not prove a liability in the coming fight."

Aydan asks, "She will be joining us?"

Carellus accepts Godefroy's golden wand.

Carellus indicates his golden wand with a smile.

Carellus nods at Aydan.

Carellus put a golden wand in his dusky violet robe.

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee asks, "Does she know everything she needs to?  That we need to?"

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy asks, "I'm carrying spares - I assume you will retain the abilities to use those?"

Aydan says, "Oh, that reminds me of one thing."

(Auragin squeezes Kasia's hand.)

Speaking to Godefroy, Carellus says, "As I have never been forever stripped of my abilities before, I cannot rightly say."

Aydan says, "If you have weapons that utilize lightning, or spells that do so, be careful. Better if you don't use them at all."

Aydan says, "Some of the hulk is submerged and that will do bad things with the water."

Beldin grins at Hoy.

Beldin glances at an elemental bow of vibration in his hand.

Aydan says, "That being said, we may be able to do exactly that, if one of them is in the water."

Hoy says, "Luckily I am champion with my fist as well."

Hoy nods at Beldin.

Hoy tightens his grip on his elemental bow.

Hoy flexes his muscles.

Beldin removes a gold-etched officer's bow from in his lacquered bow case.

Aydan says, "So there might be a use for lightning at a certain point."

Beldin offers Hoy a gold-etched officer's bow.

Aydan says, "But not at the outset."

Carellus says, "If we--once we draw the attention of the two remaining Duskborn, they must be held at all costs."

Carellus says, "If they take mortal form, bind them swiftly, and we shall set the hulk alight around them."

With a violent cross-body motion, Hoy draws his bow.

Carellus says, "We can collect the shards once it has finished burning."

Aydan asks, "Binding them?"

Aydan scratches his chin.

Alifair says, "Webs and such at the ready."

Hoy pokes Beldin in the ribs.

Aydan nods.

Godefroy suggests, "Webs?"

Aydan says, "Just wanted to be sure on that."

Alifair says, "For binding human form."

Speaking to Aydan, Carellus says, "It is my best offering.  Perhaps they will be surprised enough at our audacity."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan says, "No, I agree, I just wasn't sure if you had something specific in mind or if webs were going to be the order of things."

Aydan says, "It'll work well, the webs will burn too."

Carellus says, "Any spells I can offer will be of no use by then."

Metadi nods.

Godefroy asks, "Should we not seek to slay, if we have spells of light and flame?"

Metadi moves over to Carellus and stands ready to protect him from attack.

Godefroy asks, "Or simply trap, and let the flames and wood do their work?"

Beldin says, "Burnin stuff seem slike a good idea."

Beldin shrugs.

Speaking to Godefroy, Aydan asks, "What do you think, after the rite, toss down the webs on the area below the ladder and before the spot we planned to make our stand?"

Sir Bristenn just arrived.

You remove a gleaming rune-scribed maul from in your black canvas backpack.

Speaking to Godefroy, Carellus says, "We shall set the hulk alight.  That should do the trick."

Beldin says, "Rtune burns lots of stuff."

Bristenn dusts off his hands.

[Solhaven, North Market]
The press of the crowd is little diminished by the late hour.  Peddlers wheel small carts, pushing their way through and splitting the air with their shouts.  Delectable scents of baked goods grace the air, drifting from the wrought iron oven of the Muffinsmith's stall at the corner of the market.  Before it, a blond thanot bench embellished with bas-relief pelican feathers glistens in the starlight thanks to a coat of varnish.  On the opposite end of the market, the Belts booth and the Small Blades stand laze beneath the night sky, still open for custom.  You also see a sleek sable wildcat, a frolicsome dune spirit that is flying around, a sleek pale golden wildcat, a sleek charcoal cat, a tiny red-eyed hedgehog, the Hoy disk, a tiny brown mouse, a rotund barn owl and a copper-banded green oak barrel.
Also here: Sir Bristenn, Herachio, Dursion, Tillmont, Silverthorne, Great Lady Auragin, Beldin, Master Carellus, Alifair, Lady Misun, Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Cyral, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Sir Aydan, Vilkea
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west

Carellus says, "I want everyone out of the hulk once it begins to burn."

Metadi says, "We may hae tae hold them by webs and steel."

Metadi glances at Carellus.

Metadi nods slowly.

Aydan nods at Carellus.

Alifair says, "I like that plan."

Speaking to Aydan, Godefroy says, "Fighting retreat, with casters dropping webs?  I like it."

Mohrgan nods at Carellus.

Mohrgan quietly says, "Sounds reasonable to me."

Bristenn nods in greeting at Carellus.

Carellus says, "I have some tricks prepared to aid in the burning."

Auragin raises an eyebrow in Carellus's direction.

Metadi says, "Well, it's less drastic than what I had planned, sae probably a good idea."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan says, "All right. We weren't sure how long to stay in there, but the webs will do the containment I was worried about."

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee says, "I am prepared to leave a familiar inside.  It is best to not assume they burn.  It should be seen."

Beldin asks, "Wait I must missed something when I got los... went to look for a snack.  We are not to try to kill somethin?"

Godefroy asks, "Have casters and archers ready, in case they find an escape route?"

Speaking to Beldin, Metadi says, "There may be combat tae hold them in place, but killing them ourselves is unelikely."

Metadi corrects, "Unlikely."

Beldin says, "Oh okay."

You say, "Good thing others remember how we got th' first one better than I do."

Cryheart says, "Distract em."

Aydan says, "Containment is the order of battle."

You grin.

Cryheart nods at Beldin.

Speaking to Raelee, Carellus says, "You will, of course, do what you must.  But I worry that my workings will interfere with such spells."

Carellus says, "As soon as Mynalia arrives, we should be prepared to move."

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee says, "Fire wyrdlings.  They are not... too terribly flammable."

Aydan asks, "Who did I give a sack of oil to?"

Mohrgan says, "To me."

Speaking to Aydan, Bristenn answers, "Myself as well."

Aydan says, "When we get in there, I'll point where I want a sack left."

Mohrgan nods at Aydan.

Metadi says, "Well then..."

Carellus says, "I will need to wander through each part of the hulk to lay what wards I can down."

Aydan asks, "Who wants to carry this one?"

You raise your hand.

Misun nods at Aydan.

Speaking to Aydan, Meureii says, "I can carry if nae another wishes."

You accept Aydan's offer and are now holding a large sack.

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee asks, "What assistance do you require?"

You nod.

Aydan removes a large sack from in his black backpack.

Carellus says, "If my gift will be burned out of me anyway, I might as well use it where I can."

Aydan offers Meureii a large sack.

You say, "I won't be binding so I can handle this part I think."

Meureii accepts Aydan's sack.

Speaking to Raelee, Carellus says, "Infusions of your mana will be of assistance."

Metadi grins at you.

Beldin says, "I can carry a sack."

Auragin nods at Carellus.

Speaking to Carellus, Divone says, "I can offer my own as well."

Speaking carefully to Carellus, Raelee asks, "... that is what you required of your accompanying casters?"

Cryheart says, "I can offer my mana if needed."

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "There are several of us that can help in that regard."

In the sack:
other (4): a filthy flask of oil (4).

Carellus says, "But those of you capable of magic should, in general, reserve it for personal wards and those for our allies, as well as... preparations, should something go wrong."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "One other thing, do you want us all standing with you while you perform the summoning?"

Carellus says, "I'll be laying down runes that should greatly enhance the strength of the flames."

Speaking to Aydan, Carellus says, "I see no reason why not, save that a crowd might lend the Duskborn more of an ability to blend in with us."

Carellus says, "We ought to be sure we are all who we say we are."

Carellus taps his runestaff on the ground, and the tip blazes with white light.

Speaking to himself, Metadi ponders, "I wonder if duskborns respond strongly tae puns."

Speaking to Bristenn, Aydan asks, "What are Luukosians good for?"

Speaking to Metadi, Godefroy says, "I understand they tend to go for the throat."

Speaking to Godefroy, Metadi exclaims, "Perfect!"

Ainsley wryly asks, "Don't we all?"

Alifair says, "Armus...vouch for me."

Hypnotized for a moment, you find yourself watching the dancing flames surrounding Aydan's white ora battlesword.

Beldin asks, "Oil?"

Cryheart says, "To burn the duskborn."

Cryheart nods at Beldin.

Aydan whispers to the group, "We have five sacks. We'll be placing them in adjacent compartments to the main way. I'll be sprinkling a line to each, then we'll be dousing the submerged sections to at least have some fire going there. It won't be much."

Alifair says, "And web if they do turn into their humanoid self."

You nod at Aydan.

Alifair says, "Selves."

Alifair ponders.

Alifair looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Streams of starfire erupt overhead, setting the night sky ablaze with light and color.

Alifair says, "And so it begins...and ends."

Godefroy says, "That doesn't look good."

Bristenn quietly mutters, "That's probably our cue."

Kasia says, "Time to dance."

Godefroy gives his fireleaf scepter a quick back and forth shake.  A small cascade of shimmering sparks fall from the grooved ebony wand clasped in the scepter's grip and dissipate as they tumble downwards.

Aydan gestures.
As Aydan thrusts his white ora battlesword toward the heavens, a soft multihued pulse of pure spiritual energy rises from its apex, washing over himself and those nearby.

Memories of thousands of past battles momentarily occupy your thoughts, depicting the execution of perfect formations with a single Paladin leading the way.

Aydan rises to the forefront, aiding in your defense.

[ Guard the Meek: +0:30:00, 0:30:00 remaining. (Aydan) ]

Metadi says, "Let's hope it doesnae get closer."

Carellus says, "It is, I fear, the fabric of reality itself screaming out at the wrongness of Indhis's entry into this world."

Raelee glances at Carellus.

Kasia asks, "So.. nothing serious then?"

Kasia chuckles to herself.

Speaking quietly to Alifair, Auragin says, "We who have been through the years of the Dreamer... I am honored to be among you this eve."

Mohrgan suddenly says, "Then we haven't any more time to spare..."

Ainsley says, "None of us are all that committed to reality."

Auragin recites quietly:

"I am honored to be beside you all"

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "That was horrifyingly poetic."

Alifair says, "Aye...My friends, an honor."

Speaking to Ainsley, Metadi admits, "Point."

You render a sharp salute with your rune-scribed maul.

Ainsley says, "We are, however, committed to the town."

Cryheart says, "May Koar bless us, and Kai give us strength."

Metadi says, "Heck with strength, Kai, give me reach."

Mohrgan quietly murmurs, "May the one true Lord of Dreams bless us tonight."

An ethereal golden collection bowl drifts out of Godefroy, then vanishes.

Speaking quietly to Mohrgan, Auragin says, "And Ronan lift the shadows."

Cryheart says, "Longer arms."

Cryheart grins at Metadi.

Metadi weaves his sledgehammer from side to side, preparing to deflect an attack.

Aydan examines his grey leather manifest carefully.

Bristenn amusedly laments, "What's one more headfirst lunge into the abyss, anyhow."

Aydan put a thin-spined grey leather manifest in his hooded cloak.

Carellus says, "Let us make our way to the beached hulk.  I will send my thoughts to Mynalia to meet us there."

Aydan says, "I realized that openly carrying a flaming sword in there while we're pouring oil wasn't the best of choices."

You crack your knuckles!

Auragin quietly says, "Indeed."

Divone says, "Good call."

Metadi slowly says, "... Good thinking."

Aydan says, "I manage it on occasion."

Metadi grins crookedly.

Aydan asks, "All right, everyone ready?"

Mohrgan blinks in surprise as though just becoming aware of Mynalia's presence.

Cryheart lightly places his hand on the rotund barn owl, which responds by moving his body beneath his hand for a thorough rubbing.

Metadi unlatches the visor of his spiked mithglin armet and slides it down over his eyes.

Mohrgan nods in greeting at Mynalia.

Mynalia nods.

Cryheart says, "Wish us luck, Owly."

Mohrgan pets a rotund barn owl, which nuzzles his hand softly.

The rotund barn owl hoots at Cryheart.

Metadi simply says, "Time for ruin."

Aydan says, "As I used to say..."

Aydan says, "Let's get to it."

Cryheart says, "Ruin and damnation...tis the method of all evil."

Cryheart nods at Aydan.

High Lord Svardin's group just arrived.

Carellus nods.

Svardin nods at Carellus.

Aydan says, "To the hulk."

Mohrgan says, "Hail Drakes.  Just in time."

Carellus says, "Before we move on, it has been a pleasure working with you all."

Alifair bows to Carellus.

Meureii takes a moment to observe Carellus.

Bristenn's fingers briefly touch his brow as he renders a casual salute to Carellus.

Cryheart bows to Carellus.

Godefroy says, "Likewise."

Speaking to Svardin, Metadi says, "We're moving tae the hulk, tae lure the duskborn and burn them."

You attach a large sack to your belt.

Svardin exclaims, "I has a fiery temper!"

Speaking quietly to Carellus, Mohrgan says, "Whatever happens, we are and will remain in your debt, sir Magus."

Speaking amusedly to Carellus, Bristenn agrees, "Likewise, for what little time we've had to know one another."

Aydan asks, "Everyone ready, for real this time?"

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee says, "As far as I am concerned, the work has scarcely begun."

Sir Aydan's group just went north.
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
Bayside Road widens here, as throngs of people head southward into the North Market.  More than a few are drawn by the mouthwatering aroma of fresh-baked goods wafting from the doorway of the half-timber building opposite the bridge.  To the northwest, the Market Bridge spans the bay, heading towards Marshtown.  You also see an old barrel.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: northeast, east, south, southwest, northwest

Sir Aydan's group just went northwest.
[Market Bridge]
This section of bridge descends to the southeast to a stone pier, where it is anchored firmly in place at the edge of Solhaven.  To the northwest, the bridge rises above the Cairnfang delta and continues down into Marshtown.  The bridge is well maintained and very clean on this slope.  You also see a dark ladder leaning against a large iron-plated tower topped by a blue-edged Solhaven Bay banner.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: southeast, up

Sir Aydan's group just went southeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beach]
A large fire pit disrupts the blanket of sand covering the beach here.  The fire pit was once huge, and remains almost intact in spite of constant erosion of wind and surf.  A small pool of water gathers in the hole left by the fire pit.  No footprints can be seen near the pit, but thousands of insects and shellfish call it home.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest

Sir Aydan's group just went southeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beach]
The hulk of a beached ship lies here, partly submerged in the advancing waves.  The ship, once proud and tall, is broken and rotting as it lies on its starboard side on the shore.  Seagulls and crows nest in the masts that remain.  A gaping gash in the side of the ship indicates the probable cause of the ship's demise.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest

(We arrive at the Hulk)

The beached hulk is the remains of what was once a beautiful and powerful sea vessel.  The timbers of the ship have begun to show signs of rot, especially aroung a gash in the hull.

Aydan says, "Remember, have a care with fire and lighting, until it's time."

Cryheart glances at a beached hulk.

Svardin nods.

Sir Aydan's group just went through a gaping gash.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A gaping tear in the bow of the ship shows clearly how she was beached.  Jagged timbers, splintered and torn, border the hole.  Through the opening, moonlight can be seen reflected off the water.  A port side arch leads into a dark cabin, and a starboard door creaks on rusty hinges.  The hold continues to the southwest.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: south, southwest, west

Sir Aydan's group just went west.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
This cabin served as the crew quarters, as indicated by the broken and rotting bunks which line the bulkhead.  Moonlight pours in from an arch leading starboard.  Waves can be heard crashing against the port side hull.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Vilkea, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: east

Speaking to Mynalia, Carellus says, "You know what to do, in the worst of cases."

Mynalia closes her eyes for a moment.

Aydan says, "All right, we want a sack of oil here."

You see Mynalia Anodheles.
She appears to be a Human.
She is shorter than average and appears to be youthful.  She has large deep-set gold-flecked chestnut eyes and faintly freckled creamy white skin.  She has densely curled close-cropped, thick auburn hair.  She has a long face and an aristocratic nose.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a choker formed of alternating gilt and kelyn discs, a rigid leather harness over a snug gold-riveted patinated sanguine leather bodysuit, and some glossy black leather knee-boots with slight ebonwood heels.

You remove a large sack from your belt.

Metadi removes a large sack from his belt.

Metadi nods to you.

You drop a large sack.

You say, "Placed."

Speaking quietly to Carellus, Mynalia says, "I do, though it is my deepest hope that it will not come to that."

Carellus says, "Allow me a moment in each chamber."

Chamorr heartily says, "For what."

Speaking dryly to Godefroy, Mohrgan asks, "Bet?"

Carellus kneels down.

Speaking to Godefroy, Misun asks, "What is the likelyhood of that?"

(Aydan sprinkles a trail from the opening of the sack toward the room to the east.)

Interlocking her fingers above her head, Ainsley stretches slowly, extending her spine in a satisfying stretch.

Aydan nods at Carellus.

Cryheart says, "They are going to try to lure the duskborn into the hulk..then burn it."

Carellus holds out his runestaff, touching it to the wall of the hulk.  Crimson light begins to blaze from the wood beneath the staff.

Carellus gazes thoughtfully at a blazing red rune.

White-hot flames blaze just above the surface of the rune.

Mohrgan gazes with interest at a blazing red rune.

Carellus stands up.

Carellus nods.

Sir Aydan's group just went east.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A gaping tear in the bow of the ship shows clearly how she was beached.  Jagged timbers, splintered and torn, border the hole.  Through the opening, moonlight can be seen reflected off the water.  A port side arch leads into a dark cabin, and a starboard door creaks on rusty hinges.  The hold continues to the southwest.  You also see a death dirge, a spectral fisherman, a spectral fisherman, a spectral fisherman and a greater ghoul.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: south, southwest, west

Sir Aydan's group just went south.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
This larder once held the food supplies of the crew.  Dozens of barrels, some still intact, litter the room.  Some of the whole barrels bear the names of nearby port cities, including Wehnimer's Landing and Solhaven.  You also see a death dirge, a death dirge, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm, a death dirge and a greater ghoul.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: north

Aydan says, "A sack here."

Speaking flatly to Carellus, Raelee remarks, "It looks rather like my... particular style."

Speaking to Raelee, Carellus says, "Then you have superb style."

Meureii carefully places a large sack on the floor.

Carellus nods at Raelee.

Carellus kneels down.

Tillmont's group just arrived.

Meureii takes a few steps back.

(Aydan sprinkles more oil near the sack, trailing it toward the room to the north.)

Carellus carefully draws another rune.

Aydan whispers to the group, "Sepher is NOT aiding us."

Carellus stands up.

Metadi whispers to the group, "What a surprise."

(Raelee idly traces a pattern on the ground with the end of her lor staff.)

Raelee sighs.

Sir Aydan's group just went north.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A gaping tear in the bow of the ship shows clearly how she was beached.  Jagged timbers, splintered and torn, border the hole.  Through the opening, moonlight can be seen reflected off the water.  A port side arch leads into a dark cabin, and a starboard door creaks on rusty hinges.  The hold continues to the southwest.  You also see a death dirge that appears rather calm, a spectral fisherman, a spectral fisherman, a greater ghoul, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm and a greater ghoul that appears rather calm.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: south, southwest, west

Aydan says, "We won't have oil here. This'll be part of our escape."

Cryheart nods at Aydan.

Godefroy asks, "We will, however, leave webs?"

(Aydan takes a moment to connect the sprinkled trail of oil, leading it to the southwest.)

Aydan nods at Godefroy.

Speaking to Godefroy, Aydan says, "On the way out, yes."

Godefroy nods.

Hoy says, "If don't make back ! feed brutus for me."

Hoy nods at Beldin.

Svardin begins chuckling at Hoy!

Sir Aydan's group just went southwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold continues to the northeast to the bow and southwest to the aft from here.  Moonlight pours in through a hole in the deck above about the size of a large barrel.  Seagull dung has collected on the floor directly under the hole.  An arch opens to the west, and the shattered remains of a broken door hang tenuously on failing hinges to the south.  You also see a death dirge that appears rather calm, a spectral fisherman, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm, a greater ghoul and a spectral fisherman.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, south, southwest, west

Beldin says, "First time he would get to eat."

Beldin nods at Hoy.

Aydan says, "We'll be going here and there."

Aydan points west.

Aydan points south.

Sir Aydan's group just went west.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The remains of the galley lie shattered and dispersed throughout this room.  Splintered tables and benches lie in heaps throughout the room.  Wooden bowls and mugs, cracked and warped, can be seen amongst the junk in the room.  An arch leads to the hold to the east.  You also see a death dirge that appears rather calm, a spectral fisherman, a greater ghoul and a greater ghoul.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Sir Metadi, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: east

Aydan says, "Oil."

Carellus kneels down.

Metadi carefully places a large sack on the floor.

(Metadi uses his toe to spread the flasks around a little.)

Carellus summons another rune, chanting softly under his breath.

Carellus stands up.

Speaking to Cryheart, Beldin asks, "You keepin a map of the escape route?"

(Aydan does the same thing as before, leaving the oil trailing to the east.)

Sir Aydan's group just went east.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold continues to the northeast to the bow and southwest to the aft from here.  Moonlight pours in through a hole in the deck above about the size of a large barrel.  Seagull dung has collected on the floor directly under the hole.  An arch opens to the west, and the shattered remains of a broken door hang tenuously on failing hinges to the south.  You also see a trident, a leather fisherman's apron, some dry-rotted rags, some dry-rotted rags, some dry-rotted rags, a trident and a leather fisherman's apron.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, south, southwest, west

Sir Aydan's group just went south.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
This cabin was likely an officer's quarters.  A complex lock, rusted and inoperable, hangs amongst the remains of the door.  A broken and rotting desk sits tipped on one side in the northeast corner of the room.  A looted footlocker, broken and empty, sits in the middle of the room.  The door leads north into the hold.  You also see a spectral fisherman, a spectral fisherman and a greater ghoul.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: north

Aydan points down.

Aydan says, "Oil."

Mohrgan places a sack of oil on the ground.

Mohrgan says, “Oiled.”

(Aydan sprinkles more oil toward the north.)

Carellus kneels down.

Carellus carefully draws another rune.

Carellus says, "These will enhance natural flame, but not spells of flame."

Carellus stands up.

Mohrgan nods at Carellus.

Sir Aydan's group just went north.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold continues to the northeast to the bow and southwest to the aft from here.  Moonlight pours in through a hole in the deck above about the size of a large barrel.  Seagull dung has collected on the floor directly under the hole.  An arch opens to the west, and the shattered remains of a broken door hang tenuously on failing hinges to the south.  You also see some dry-rotted rags, some dry-rotted rags, some dry-rotted rags and a leather fisherman's apron.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, south, southwest, west

Beldin asks, "Have we backed ourselves in a corner?"

Beldin breaks out in a sweat.

Metadi says, "Nae... Yet."

Metadi grins at Beldin.

Aydan says, "For reference, this is where we'll move to once we know they've taken the bait."

Beldin says, "Good."

Aydan says, "The way out is that way."

Aydan points northeast.

Speaking to Hoy, Beldin says, "Get ready.   I heard someone mention bait."

Sir Aydan's group just went southwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold is dark here, and the angled deck is covered nearly to the center of the room by gently lapping sea water.  Sand collects on the floor, showing how far the tide reaches daily.  A louvered door leads to the southeast, and an open arch leads to the northwest.  To the southwest, a doorway leads to a small ladder room.  You also see a greater ghoul, a death dirge, a death dirge that appears rather calm, a spectral fisherman, a greater ghoul, a death dirge, a greater ghoul and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

Sir Aydan's group just went northwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
Rusted weapons and shattered weapons racks reach above the water level here, indicating that this compartment was once the armory.  The store of weapons must have once been fine, but the weapons remaining are ruined.  Spear shafts have warped and splintered, and the blades of glaives and broadswords are pitted and rusted badly.  An open arch leads to the hold to the southeast.  You also see a death dirge.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: southeast

Godefroy rubs his gold fealty chain, causing a golden incandescence to dance around its edges briefly.

Aydan says, "This'll be the last place we keep an oil sack."

Bristenn glances expectantly at Aydan.

Bristenn kneels down.

Carellus nods.

Carellus kneels down.

Bristenn dusts off a large sack.

Bristenn stands up.

Carellus scratches another rune above the weapon racks.

Carellus stands up.

Mynalia lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Speaking to Mynalia, Raelee asks, "... is something on your mind?"

(Aydan sprinkles oil from the sack and has it follow a southeasterly path.)

Sir Aydan's group just went southeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold is dark here, and the angled deck is covered nearly to the center of the room by gently lapping sea water.  Sand collects on the floor, showing how far the tide reaches daily.  A louvered door leads to the southeast, and an open arch leads to the northwest.  To the southwest, a doorway leads to a small ladder room.  You also see a greater ghoul that appears rather calm, a death dirge that appears rather calm, a death dirge that appears rather calm, a spectral fisherman that appears rather calm, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm, a death dirge that appears rather calm, a greater ghoul that appears rather calm and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

The muck covers the bottom of the area.

(Aydan connects the line of oil to the one trailing to the northeast.)

Sir Aydan's group just went southeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
This compartment is almost completely underwater.  Small waves mimic the tide outside and wash repeatedly along the bulkhead.  Small fish can be seen darting in the water, indicating a hole in the hull below the surface of the water.  A louvered door leads to the hold to the northwest.  You also see a spectral fisherman, a death dirge, a death dirge that appears rather calm, a death dirge, a greater ghoul and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northwest

Speaking to Raelee, Mynalia says, "There is a great deal on my mind, but none of it recquires discussion at the moment."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan says, "Not sure if you want a rune here or not. There's a lot of water right here."

Carellus nods.

Carellus kneels down.

(Aydan liberally sprinkles what remains of the oil flask on the nearby wood.)

Aydan pours a small amount of liquid from his flask of oil on the floor.  It puddles, and then quickly evaporates.

Raelee says, "Water and fire both have the ability to... render the other inconsequential.  It is simply a matter of intensity..."

Carellus quietly draws another rune.  When he completes it, a spark of flame erupts from the air above it and drives the old man back.

Carellus stands up.

Carellus says, "That is enough of those, I believe."

Aydan says, "All right, only one place left to work over."

Sir Aydan's group just went northwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold is dark here, and the angled deck is covered nearly to the center of the room by gently lapping sea water.  Sand collects on the floor, showing how far the tide reaches daily.  A louvered door leads to the southeast, and an open arch leads to the northwest.  To the southwest, a doorway leads to a small ladder room.  You also see a short sword, some dry-rotted rags and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

Sir Aydan's group just went southwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A sturdy companionway ladder leads down into the water, and upward to the upper deck.  As the ladder leads underwater to lower decks of the ship, the tide washing through the hull is so strong that further progress in that direction is impossible.  You also see a death dirge, a spectral fisherman, a death dirge and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast

Mohrgan quietly says, "This will be quite the bonfire, succeed or fail."

(Aydan spreads as much of the oil around the room as possible.)

Aydan pours a small amount of liquid from his flask of oil on the floor.  It puddles, and then quickly evaporates.

Auragin dryly says, "This hulk shall nae be the same."

Aydan takes a black backpack off his back.

Aydan drops a black backpack.

Carellus says, "We will want to get out swiftly once the area is ablaze."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan says, "All right, it's about as ready as we can make it."

Raelee says, "We have many modes of teleportation..."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Do you want to do this below deck, or up top?"

Carellus leans on his runestaff.

Aydan traces a simple symbol as he reverently calls upon the power of his patron...

Aydan gestures at a perfect steel greatsword with finely tooled leather wound about its hilt.

Silvery tendrils rise up and wreathe their way around the steel greatsword before sinking into its surface.

Godefroy gestures at Aydan.
A searing white light streaked with silvery wisps enfolds Aydan's steel greatsword for a moment and then appears to become incorporated into it.

Sir Aydan's group just went northeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold is dark here, and the angled deck is covered nearly to the center of the room by gently lapping sea water.  Sand collects on the floor, showing how far the tide reaches daily.  A louvered door leads to the southeast, and an open arch leads to the northwest.  To the southwest, a doorway leads to a small ladder room.  You also see some dry-rotted rags and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

Aydan says, "Hm."

Sir Aydan's group just went southwest.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A sturdy companionway ladder leads down into the water, and upward to the upper deck.  As the ladder leads underwater to lower decks of the ship, the tide washing through the hull is so strong that further progress in that direction is impossible.  You also see a black backpack, a spectral fisherman that appears dead, a death dirge that appears rather calm and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast

Speaking to Godefroy, Aydan asks, "Drop a web here?"

Your face goes blank.

Godefroy gestures.
A thick cloud of wisps gathers around Godefroy and quickly spreads to cover much of the surrounding area.  The cloud solidifies and resolves into a sticky web.

Aydan nods.

Sir Aydan's group just went northeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold is dark here, and the angled deck is covered nearly to the center of the room by gently lapping sea water.  Sand collects on the floor, showing how far the tide reaches daily.  A louvered door leads to the southeast, and an open arch leads to the northwest.  To the southwest, a doorway leads to a small ladder room.  You also see some dry-rotted rags and some muck.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest
Chamorr laughs!

Speaking to Godefroy, Aydan asks, "And here?"

Godefroy utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...
Godefroy gestures.
A thick cloud of wisps gathers around Godefroy and quickly spreads to cover much of the surrounding area.  The cloud solidifies and resolves into a sticky web.

Sir Aydan's group just went northeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
The hold continues to the northeast to the bow and southwest to the aft from here.  Moonlight pours in through a hole in the deck above about the size of a large barrel.  Seagull dung has collected on the floor directly under the hole.  An arch opens to the west, and the shattered remains of a broken door hang tenuously on failing hinges to the south.  You also see some dry-rotted rags.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lord Noban, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: northeast, south, southwest, west

Aydan says, "All right.”

Raelee runs her cloth-wrapped hands through her red hair, momentarily drawing her long tresses from her hot white glow radiating from her eyes.

Raelee lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Mohrgan cautiously advises, "Watch your step, everyone."

Svardin sings:

"Out in da west coast of Vornavis proper.
Der is a hulk dat a duskborn would loves!"

Aydan says, "Our proverbial die has been cast."

Carellus says, "All right, then."

Carellus takes a slow, shaking breath.

Mynalia takes a moment to observe Carellus.

Rippling cylinders of spiritual force arise, but are averted by those already present.

Carellus glances at Mynalia.

Mynalia nods slowly at Carellus.

Speaking to Mynalia, Carellus says, "This, then... is yours."

Carellus offers Mynalia a simple lor runestaff.

Mynalia accepts Carellus's lor runestaff.

Speaking to Mynalia, Carellus says, "Learn to use it properly."

Aydan whispers to the group, "Once the fire has started, we're going to have to run like madmen. So when I call out to hold attacks, if that's needed, then hold attacks. If anyone gets left behind in here, we can't come back and get you once it's on fire."

Svardin nods. 

Carellus says, "...and don't set it on fire from within, as a certain old mage used to do."

Carellus closes his eyes for a moment.

Carellus removes a small silver bowl wreathed in a veil of white light 
from in his dusky violet robe.

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee asks, "Mana is all you require?"

Mynalia smiles quietly to herself.

Carellus says, "Keep the runes strong with infusions of your mana."

Carellus says, "We'll know shortly if this has worked."

Carellus gazes up into the sky.

Carellus says, "Lornon is rising above us, but I will take the favor of any gods that hear our prayers right now."

Carellus's words ring out across the waters.

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "I would expect They all have a vested interest in what we do tonight, and are with us."

Svardin says, "Dat's not all is risin above us."

Raelee removes a gold-gilt bronze slit pupil eye symbol from in her leather neck pouch.

Raelee hangs a gold-gilt bronze slit pupil eye symbol around her neck.

Mynalia leans on her runestaff.

You rub your ivory prayer beads.

Auragin rubs her black talisman, causing it to glow brightly for a second.

Raelee takes a moment to observe Mynalia.

Mynalia closes her eyes for a moment.

Carellus drops a small silver bowl.

Carellus says, "Stand back, I bid you."

Divone leans back.

Aydan says, "Do as he says."

Alifair takes a few steps back.

Hoy rocks back on his heels.

Svardin takes a few steps back.

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy asks, "Do you want a warding circle?"

Carellus places a hand above the bowl and utters a quiet chant.  At first, nothing happens.

White flames briefly flicker around Raelee's hand as she deftly traces an 

The howls of the night wind grow muted and soft, as if muffled by a heavy curtain.  The palm of Carellus's hand begins to glow, and a pained look shoots across his face.

Beldin inclines his ear, but doesn't hear anything unusual.

Raelee settles her gaze on Carellus, watching him intently.

Svardin points at Sepher, ruining his hiding place.

Carellus shivers as the light shining from his palm begins to intensify, becoming a corruscating fountain of radiance that melds with the silver of the bowl.

Aydan says, "Soon enough."

Alifair says, "We wait to welcome the Duskborn."

Mohrgan resignedly says, "Stand ready..."

Raelee stares at Carellus.

Carellus says, "Come out, you monsters.  You cannot resist this thing.  I will not sacrifice this in vain."

Svardin says, "Just went by."

You remove a gleaming rune-scribed maul from in your black canvas backpack.

Chamorr removes a chromatic glaes broadsword from in his shoulder sheath.

Speaking quietly to Metadi, Auragin says, "The last time we all waited near water, the town was flushed."

A furious shriek echoes through the night.

Speaking flatly to Auragin, Raelee says, "I assure you, that will not happen again."

Alifair says, "They come."

Mohrgan glances up.

Raelee glances up.

Bristenn surreptitiously glances around the room.

Divone shifts her weight.

Auragin quietly says, "They are here."

Godefroy says, "Folks, I advise focusing.  We are deliberately summoning evil."

Beldin asks, "I was just wonderin about a lot of these buildins in town seem wooden. Is the fire gonna spread?"

Metadi says, "We're far from town."

Mynalia nods in agreement at Godefroy.

Beldin says, "Oh okay."

Divone says, "Should be fine out here."

Beldin nods.

Two sinuous bodies, not at all alike but hideously similar, swim through the night sky.  One of them dodges the flare hanging amidst the clouds with a deep-voiced roar.
 
Raelee slowly says, "Do not dare cast an elemental wave now.  You may interfere with something far more important."

Godefroy agrees with Raelee.

One of the creatures has a horrible tail, segmented like a scorpion's.  The other is feathered like a bird, its underbelly swarming with tentacles.
 
Mohrgan breathes, "Faith now..."

Misun says, "Figures...tentacles."

Bristenn amusedly mutters, "..that does look a smidge familiar."
The dim aura fades from around Mohrgan.

Godefroy says, "In fact, unless you've been instructed seperately, I would advise holding your spells, for the moment."

Your body tenses as you tighten your grip on your rune-scribed maul.

The tentacled creature shrieks out a warning at its comrade and spins off into the night, but the scorpion-tailed one spirals down above the beaches near Solhaven.
 
Speaking wearily to Bristenn, Melorra murmurs, "Always with the tentactles."

Carellus says, "No, no... it must be both of you..."

Aydan quietly says, "Was afraid of that."

Metadi mutters, "Oh bloody hell."

Raelee quietly observes, "We may have just lost one..."

Hoy says, "I should have stay at the mud baths."

Speaking quietly to Melorra, Bristenn mumbles, "..and the tentacled one seems a bit smarter than the other."

Kateerina frets.

With a gasp, Carellus falls back on his haunches.  The scintillating light connecting him to the bowl goes out like a snuffed candle, but the bowl continues to radiate its own luminescence.

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy asks, "How are you feeling?"

Beldin asks, "Did that go wrong?"

Kasia glances up.

Carellus softly says, "It is... it is done.  I..."

Carellus closes his eyes for a moment.

Godefroy looks over at Beldin and shakes his head.

Beldin says, "Oh."

Cyral says, "Looks like it went sort of right."

Carellus says, "I don't feel much different."

Mynalia casts a worried glance in Carellus' direction.

Beldin says, "Good."

Carellus makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...

You frown.

Carellus gestures, and nothing happens.

Cryheart says, "Protect em."

Alifair cocks her head at Carellus.

Godefroy slowly empties his lungs.

Mohrgan moves to stand in front of Carellus.

Alifair asks, "Gone?"

Speaking to Alifair, Misun says, "Seems so."

Mohrgan nervously asks, "Have they...resisted the summons?"

Mohrgan glances around the area.

Aydan says, "Ready up. Even if we just get one in here, we go forward with the plan."

You move over to Raelee and prepare to protect her from attack.

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee says, "You are likely quite fortunate in that.  Some have found it agonizing."

The side of the hulk shakes and shudders as a huge shape impacts it!

Ainsley falls to the ground! 
Kipa falls to the ground!
Chamorr falls to the ground!
Meureii falls to the ground!
Alifair falls to the ground!

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!
Roundtime: 12 sec.
Godefroy falls to the ground!
Divone falls to the ground!
Aydan falls to the ground!
Hoy falls to the ground!
Kasia falls to the ground!
Cyral falls to the ground!
Tillmont falls to the ground!
Raelee falls to the ground!
Mohrgan falls to the ground!
Auragin falls to the ground!
Metadi falls to the ground!
Silverthorne falls to the ground!
Melorra falls to the ground!
Bristenn falls to the ground!
Beldin falls to the ground!
Misun falls to the ground!
Kateerina falls to the ground!
Stewardt falls to the ground!
Vilkea falls to the ground!

Auragin quietly says, "Direct hit."

Carellus says, "The bowl."

Godefroy says, "We have company."

Cyral tries to pull Carellus towards him.

Metadi says, "Wait, wait."

Carellus picks up a scintillating silver bowl.

Cryheart pulls Meureii to his feet.

Ainsley absently says, "It's a tomorrow worry, in any case.  Do we survive until then, perhaps something can be done."

Carellus cradles the bowl as if it were a child.

Mohrgan says, "They are breaking in..."

Aydan says, "Let them."

Aydan says, "Or it."

Alifair nods.

Metadi whispers to the group, "Let it climb up here first."

Speaking quietly to Mohrgan, Auragin says, "It is toying with us."

Stewardt softly asks, "Was that an explosion?"

Herachio says, "Perhaps they know the plan and plan to burn us all inside instead."

Speaking to Raelee, Godefroy says, "I think we're up, then."

Hoy scans his surroundings with the alertness of a seasoned scout.

Speaking to Stewardt, Metadi says, "That was one o' the duskborn landing."

Ainsley asks, "Breaking in will let the stuff out, won't it?"

Godefroy mills about with an uncertain look on his face.

Herachio says, "That doesn't not seem appealing."

The voice of Indhis asks, "Did you think we would be so easy to capture?"

(Mohrgan freezes.)

Metadi unlatches the visor of his spiked mithglin armet and slides it down over his eyes.

The voice of Indhis says, "We are creatures of dreams, old man."

(Ainsley's eyes widen.)

Divone glances at Carellus.

Bristenn surreptitiously murmurs, ".. wait for it."

Holding her slender orase staff in one clenched fist, Divone pushes her slender orase staff out before her, holding it parallel to the ground.

Bristenn takes a few steps back.

Raelee glances between Carellus and Mynalia.

Twin points of blue light flicker in the shadows.

Speaking to himself, Godefroy says, "...all dreams end..."

Speaking to Hoy, Beldin says, "Go over there and see what is in those shadows."

Meureii turns his head slightly and tenses up, bristling.

Mohrgan threateningly says, "...show yourself..."

The voice of Mirke says, "Your minds are simple, your memories rich with old glories, old failures."

Aydan frowns.

Kateerina softly asks, "Mirke?"

Aydan quietly says, "No, not Mirke."

Auragin quietly says, "Our minds hold dreams of a lifetime."

Cryheart says, "A ploy."

Raelee says, "Curious choice."

Metadi says, "It toys with us."

Misun says, "We've seen this before."

Aydan says, "Keep together, everyone."

The voice of Roame asks, "How many more will fall before you realize the greatest truth, that there is no meaning to this life?"

Godefroy says, "The duskborn can take other forms, drawn from our memories."

The voice of Roame says, "That it is not worth saving."

Cryheart says, "Life is what we make of it."

Misun shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Misun says, "Roame would never say something like that."

The voice of Eugenides echoes from the shadows, "How many must die?  Not all of you have an infinite number of alternate selves."

Stewardt softly exclaims, "I do the best I can with the life I am given.  I have life, I use it well!"

Stewardt roars!

Metadi says, "Oh gods, nae him. That's the last thing we need."

Auragin seriously says, "We nae give credence to what you draw from our dreams... the lives we live that you so wish for."

You say, "That must be difficult, having alternate selves."

Kasia says, "See that is simply too coherent a thought to be him."

Speaking to Raelee, Godefroy says, "Clearly not Eugenides.  Too direct."

Ainsley quietly says, "Meaning isn't why we do this, though.  Safety, peace... those are things we strive to give to others."

Speaking to Godefroy, Raelee says, "Indeed."

Speaking quietly to Godefroy, Raelee says, "... I do wonder where he is."

A form begins to coalesce out of the darkness.

Dunrith asks, "Would you strike me down?"

Auragin seriously says, "Web it."

Dunrith tilts his head in an inhuman fashion.

Metadi says, "I swore nae oath tae ye, sae hells yes."

Cryheart says, "Ye are nae Baron Malwind."

Speaking tiredly to Dunrith, Bristenn notes, "You, eh, forgot to do his Excellency's weary sigh."

Aydan whispers to the group, "... web him."

Alifair gestures at Dunrith.

You see Baron Dunrith Malwind.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be middle-aged.  He has green eyes and fair skin.  He has receding, light brown hair.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a golden baronial coronet adorned with emerald swans, a black cloak, a black velvet coat, a gleaming emerald tunic, a gold link belt, some striped green and black trousers, and a pair of bronze-buckled black boots.

Speaking to Misun, Metadi says, "I swore tae the real Baron."

Carellus exclaims, "Swiftly!  Take him down!"

Meureii swings a massive ora-edged warclaidh at Dunrith!
AS: +451 vs DS: +212 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +13 = +283
... and hits for 155 points of damage!
Strong slash to Dunrith's right leg!
Muscles exposed!
Not a pretty sight.
He is knocked to the ground!
He is stunned!

Surprisingly, Meureii manages to effortlessly reverse his momentum and strike again!

Meureii swings a massive ora-edged warclaidh at Dunrith!
AS: +451 vs DS: +114 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +28 = +396
... and hits for 271 points of damage!
Body pulped to a gooey mass.
Watch where you step!

* Dunrith drops dead at your feet!

* Dunrith just bit the dust!

Aydan exclaims, "Bind him, quickly!"

Beldin blinks.

J>wtrick feint dunrith
[Roll result: 281 (open d100: 80) Bonus: 20]
You feint to the left, Dunrith buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Aydan gestures.
Aydan appears to be less clearly focused.
A thick cloud of wisps gathers around Aydan and quickly spreads to cover much of the surrounding area.  The cloud solidifies and resolves into a sticky web.

You swing a gleaming rune-scribed maul at Dunrith!
AS: +503 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +37 = +479
... and hit for 292 points of damage!
Shield arm removed at the shoulder!

* Dunrith drops dead at your feet!

Dunrith's body suddenly grows darker.
Roundtime: 7 sec.

* Dunrith just bit the dust!

The web wavers back and forth, its freshly created strands wet and glistening in the available light.

You squint.

The webs encase the body, although tentacles of shadow begin to ooze and glide around them.

Alifair says, "Keep him down."

You see Baron Dunrith Malwind.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be middle-aged.  He has green eyes and fair skin.  He has receding, light brown hair.
He appears to be DEAD!
He has a completely severed left arm.
He is bleeding from the left arm.
He is wearing a golden baronial coronet adorned with emerald swans, a black cloak, a black velvet coat, a gleaming emerald tunic, a gold link belt, some striped green and black trousers, and a pair of bronze-buckled black boots.

Aydan exclaims, "More!"

Cryheart says, "There."

Carellus says, "Set the hulk alight, swiftly, before it recovers."

Aydan put a perfect steel greatsword with finely tooled leather wound about its hilt in his hooded cloak.

Aydan draws a kelyn-hilted white ora battlesword from his ebonwood scabbard.

Godefroy gestures.
A flare leaves Godefroy's hand and shoots up into the sky where it hangs for a few moments before exploding into a breathtaking array of colors.  The sheer brightness of the image before you lingers in your sight for several seconds after the explosion can no longer be seen.

Raelee's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...
Stewardt smiles at Khristal.

Burning low, the flames encasing Aydan's white ora battlesword emit an angry hiss.

(Aydan touches the flame of his battlesword to the oil trails.)

Raelee gestures at some dry-rotted rags.
Raelee hurls a roaring ball of fire at some dry-rotted rags!
The dry-rotted rags glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.

The fire crackles and flames jump.  Burning embers ride upward in the shimmering air above the blaze.

Auragin quietly says, "Make sure it stays down."

Sepher fades into visibility.
Sepher throws a small icy blue sphere down to the ground!
A wave of icy blue ethereal ripples moves erratically through the area.

The voice of Svardin exclaims, "Fire in da hulk!"

Divone gestures at some dry-rotted rags.
Divone hurls a stream of fire at some dry-rotted rags!
The dry-rotted rags glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Sepher makes a nearly imperceptible motion while whispering a soft phrase...
Sepher gestures.
Sepher blends into invisibility among the surroundings.

Raelee gestures at some dry-rotted rags.
Raelee hurls a roaring ball of fire at some dry-rotted rags!
The dry-rotted rags glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Raelee gestures at a crackling fire.

Dunrith struggles to rise, but the webs cinch tighter around him.

Raelee places her hand on her leather casting gauntlet, and a veil of flickering white flames ignites across its palm.  A haze of heat boils from around the gauntlet, distorting the air in roiling waves around the gauntlet.

Mohrgan intones, "Ronan, burn this place to the ground."

Mohrgan lights the sword-shaped candle, which flickers and begins to burn.

A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.

Now and again, resin in some burning wood is ignited by the flames and the fire hisses loudly.  The sharp smell of the scorched resin permeates the air and invades your nostrils.

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Is this enough?"

Metadi lights a match by flicking it against his thumb.

(Mohrgan kicks the lit candle toward the oil soaked rags.)

Glancing at Dunrith, Raelee places her hand on her leather casting gauntlet, and a veil of flickering white flames ignites across its palm.  

A haze of heat boils from around the gauntlet, distorting the air in roiling waves around him.

Metadi drops a burning match.

Bristenn amusedly mumbles, "The one time I forget to bring a gold wand with me, of course."

Hoy points his bone bow at Dunrith.

Aydan says, "Let's go."

Aydan says, "The fire is spreading."

Dunrith lets out a horrible scream as he begins to burn.

Aydan says, "Everyone on me, if you aren't already."

Alifair says, "Go."

Bristenn loudly notes, "Withdraw."

Sir Aydan's group just went northeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beached Hulk]
A gaping tear in the bow of the ship shows clearly how she was beached.  Jagged timbers, splintered and torn, border the hole.  Through the opening, moonlight can be seen reflected off the water.  A port side arch leads into a dark cabin, and a starboard door creaks on rusty hinges.  The hold continues to the southwest.  You also see a spectral fisherman, a greater ghoul, a greater ghoul, a spectral fisherman, a spectral fisherman and a frolicsome dune spirit that is flying around.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious exits: south, southwest, west

Carellus exclaims, "We must retreat!"

Sir Aydan's group just went through a gaping tear.
[Vornavian Coast, Beach]
The hulk of a beached ship lies here, partly submerged in the advancing waves.  The ship, once proud and tall, is broken and rotting as it lies on its starboard side on the shore.  Seagulls and crows nest in the masts that remain.  A gaping gash in the side of the ship indicates the probable cause of the ship's demise.  You also see a tiny red-eyed hedgehog.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest

A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.

A length of timber crashes and falls over into the fire.  The flames grow upon it slowly like roses awakening until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

Metadi takes a moment to observe a beached hulk.

Aydan exclaims, "Keep away from the hulk!"

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Godefroy!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left leg blackens kneecap.
He is stunned!

Raelee gestures at a gaping gash.
Raelee hurls a roaring ball of fire at a gaping gash!
The gaping gash glows with a warm aura then quickly cools off.

Mohrgan cries, "The other is still up there!"

Auragin quietly says, "Roll, Godefroy."

Bristenn takes a few steps back.

Aydan says, "In fact."

Stewardt softly exclaims, "Godefroy is stunned!"

Mohrgan points up.

Divone smiles at Vilkea.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Svardin!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left hand fries palm.  Ouch!

A large strand of webbing plops to the ground as the web begins to collapse under its own weight.

Sir Aydan's group just went southeast.
[Vornavian Coast, Beach]
A natural stone pier juts into the surf, the rocks of the pier being more resistant to the pounding of the ocean than the rest of the shore along here.  Sand crabs gather amongst broken seashells near the edge of the surf and the rocks of the pier.  The noise of waves crashing against the pier is deafening.  You also see a water witch.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: east, northwest

Sir Aydan's group just wandered over from a natural stone pier.
[Vornavian Coast, Beach]
The natural stone pier has been worn for countless years by wind, surf, and storm, making the surface irregular and difficult to navigate.  A spray of salty sea water covers the rocks each time a wave crashes against the pier, making the surface treacherously slippery.  Marine life gathers in pools and in cracks in the pier.  You also see a water witch, a water witch, a pink conch shell perched on a rock jutting up out of the surf and the beach.
Also here: Godefroy, Magister Raelee, Meureii, Hoy, Sir Cryheart, Mohrgan, Kasia, Lady Divone, Lady Misun, Alifair, Master Carellus, Beldin, Great Lady Auragin, Silverthorne, Sir Bristenn, Ainsley, Cyral, Mynalia, High Lord Svardin, Lady Khristal, Lord Chamorr, Lord Stewardt, Kipa, Vilkea, Tillmont, Herachio, Sir Metadi, Melorra, Kateerina, Sir Aydan
Obvious paths: none

Stewardt softly asks, "We got Godefroy?"

Aydan says, "Let's watch from here."

Godefroy says, "I'm here."

Speaking slowly to Aydan, Bristenn suggests, "Phase two?"

Stewardt nods at Godefroy.

Stewardt softly says, "Good."

Auragin rubs Godefroy gently.

Speaking to Bristenn, Aydan says, "Not yet."

You see Godefroy Kalason the Prelate of Koar.
He appears to be a Human from Mestanir.
He is average height and appears to be mature.  He has bright blue-grey eyes and slightly-weathered fair skin.  He has short, fastidiously trimmed silver hair peppered with the last vestiges of a youthful dark brown.  He has a beard that appears to be touched with hoarfrost, with only his dark brown badger stripes remaining free of silvering.
He has a golden crown tattoo within a double annulet on his wrist.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his left leg.
He is holding an impressive fireleaf scepter tipped with a grooved ebony wand in his right hand.
He is wearing a many-tasseled white silk galero, a heavy gold fealty chain, a dark golden wool cloak edged with three bands of ivory silk, a zorchar-bound gold badge, a gold-buckled leather baldric slung over his shoulder, an ivory suede jerkin over a coat of bright imflass mail, a dragonmist crystal-inlaid bracer, a hazy glass ring, a wide golden silk sash, a collection of leather pouches, a small silk reliquary, a weathered leather case, some gold-edged pure white trousers, and some soft white shoes.

Metadi says, "Other one."

You ask, "Is this Godefroy, Godefroy?"

You grin.

Godefroy says, "Yes, I'm me."

(Aydan glances off toward the burning hulk.)

Speaking to Raelee, Godefroy asks, "Shield your eyes?"

(Mohrgan gazes out toward the burning hulk.)

Raelee glances at Godefroy.

Raelee says, "... juts do it."

Horrible screams and cries echo from the nearby hulk.

Carellus closes his eyes for a moment.

Beldin says, "That sounded nice."

Beldin says, "I assume that wasn't one of ours."

Godefroy asks, "The flames should burn hotter...  but how fast?"

A blast of wind whips through the area!

Aydan asks, "Can anyone see where the other one is?"

Aydan glances up.

Divone shakes her head.

Svardin gazes up into the sky.

Cryheart gazes up into the heavens.

Metadi shakes his head.

Teveriel gazes up into the sky.

You say, "Nothing so far."

Raelee glances at Carellus.

Metadi says, "It's hiding."

Beldin says, "Maybe it might come out when the other finshes burnin."

Stewardt softly says, "I wonder if Charl has any influence over this dilemma."

Something that looks like a scorpion's tail whips through a hole in the ceiling of the hulk, but it is covered in flames and melts away like wax.

Chamorr heartily says, "How ya know its still burnin."

Aydan asks, "How long should we give him to finish cooking?"

Svardin says, "Is dyin."

Godefroy says, "Maybe, but I would like to think that we can handle this.  Historically, things get really bad before the gods involve themselves directly."

A tiny red-eyed hedgehog charges forward and bites down on a cobra faster than it can react!
... 25 points of damage!
Neck skewered, sliding past the throat and spine!  That looks painful.
The cobra is sliced neatly in two.

Speaking to Bristenn, Aydan says, "Still looks a little pink to me."

Metadi resignedly asks, "Ye're sending me in there tae check, aren't ye?"

Mohrgan vehemently says, "It burns..."

Speaking to a tiny red-eyed hedgehog, Beldin says, "Nice going Brutus."

Auragin viciously says, "Melt, you dreamspawn."

Carellus says, "That was well done, all of you."

Carellus says, "You... have made me proud."

Speaking to Metadi, Godefroy says, "Nope, we're going to wait, and hope it's deathcry summons it's sister."

Auragin nods at Godefroy.

Alifair says, "The bits, we need the bits."

Bristenn raises an eyebrow in Carellus's direction.

Aydan says, "Don't congratulate us yet, we didn't really have much in reserve if the second one didn't come too, and chase us down."

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy says, "Your sacrifice was great, and shall be recorded in the annals of the Church."

Speaking quietly to Aydan, Auragin says, "We have much to do this eve."

Speaking to Carellus, Bristenn agrees, "Yes, there's still the matter of the corpses -and- Feathertacles up there."

A great feathered shape like the form of an immense raptor spirals in the skies over Solhaven.
 
Hoy gazes up into the heavens.

Svardin says, "Der it is."

Auragin quietly says, "Here she comes."

You say, "Hm."

Cryheart says, "Another."

Mohrgan says, "The town..."

Metadi says, "I was afraid o' that."

Speaking slowly to Bristenn, Melorra repeats, "Feathertacles?"

Bristenn blinks at Melorra.

Aydan frowns.

Bristenn grins slowly.

Bristenn nods in agreement at Melorra.

Mohrgan warns, "It is circling the town."

The creature in the skies lets out a keening shriek of hatred, and belches black flames down onto the town below.
 
Alifair says, "Let's hope it comes to us."

Metadi says, "We need tae finish this one first."

Auragin gasps.

Auragin quietly says, "Fire for fire."

Speaking to Aydan, Godefroy says, "I do recommend a salvage team, while the main group prepares to bring the fight to town."

Metadi grimly says, "Nae matter what it does."

Auragin quietly says, "Quickly, the bits."

Misun says, "There we are."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan says, "I'm of a mind to leave you, Mynalia, Raelee, Godefroy, Metadi, Alifair, and Silverthorne here with you to do the cleanup in the hulk. We'll go see if we can't piss that thing off enough to come play with us instead of burning things."

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Thoughts?"

Carellus asks, "There should be no need for salvage.  Mynalia, do you have the last shard?"

Carellus put a scintillating silver bowl in his dusky violet robe.

Mynalia nods at Carellus.

Speaking to Mynalia, Carellus says, "Hand it to me, swiftly."

Mynalia removes a shard of lightless dreamstone from in her leather harness.

Mynalia offers Carellus a shard of lightless dreamstone.

Carellus accepts Mynalia's lightless dreamstone.

Bristenn quietly murmurs, "..well, that settles that, then."

Carellus holds the dreamstone shard up over his head, and it blazes to life with blue and crimson veins.

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Town, then?"

Stewardt recites softly:

"Oh mighty Charl!
Please calm these creatures of the sea
I have honored you twice and respect you"

Alifair's eyes scan the heavens.

Mohrgan frowns at Carellus.

Speaking offhandedly to Aydan, Bristenn comments, "Also, note the ticks in the field."

Speaking to Bristenn, Aydan says, "Noted."

Speaking to Carellus, Raelee asks, "What are you doing?"

Speaking to Bristenn, Divone asks, "Ticks?"

The glow radiating from Raelee's eyes dims, but the momentary normality of her eyes is almost immediately osbscured by the reappearance of the illusion around her.

Bristenn nods at Divone.

Speaking to Carellus, Godefroy adds, "...and can we help, at all?"

Aydan says, "The moment we're on the ground in town, I want everyone capable of casting a fire spirit to do so."

Something shining just as bright streaks up through the ceiling of the hulk and darts toward Carellus.  The second dreamstone shard fuses with the first, and they both become black and dead again.

Auragin nods at Carellus.

Godefroy says, "Ah."

You applaud.

Cyral says, "Handy."

Mohrgan lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Speaking to Raelee, Alifair says, "Mind your eyes."

Aydan says, "Let's see if we can crowd the sky a bit."

Carellus says, "Like calls to like."

Mohrgan nods slowly at Carellus.

Carellus offers Melorra a pair of fused dreamstone shards.

Godefroy says, "Neat trick.  Shame it won't work on the live one."

Metadi asks, "Beat it down, web and fire?"

Speaking quietly to Misun, Raelee asks, "What is it?"

Speaking to Carellus, Aydan asks, "Are we finished here?"

Melorra accepts Carellus's dreamstone shards.

Carellus says, "Keep these safe."

Speaking to Carellus, Melorra says, "I'll guard them with my life."

or